New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Heights of Londo [IC 4: Turnabout Trainers]

Leah waves a greeting to Bayla and, on getting an answer on Bibi's current whereabouts, gives her a grateful nod and "Thankyou."

On heading back outside, she hesitates a moment, looking left and right before pointing at a direction and giving Nika a questioning look, "Umm, the, uh, the foreign quarter is, uh, is this way, right..?"

On getting an answer, she follows the other girl's directions, turning to her again as they walk, "Umm, have, uh, have you had much of a chance to look around the, uh, the foreign quarter..?"

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa politely bows to Bayla when they see her again, nodding at her directions. "Th-thanks!" She follows behind Leah as she heads out, making sure to check that Maggie is still with them.

When Leah asks, Alyssa also takes a moment to try to remember the path. Pointing, she says, "Um, is it that way? I, um, haven't really g-gone anywhere here yet." She'll probably follow Nika's directions, guessing she would know the way to the foreign quarter.

She spends a lot of her attention keeping an eye on Maggie, making sure she doesn't bump the egg into anything, and trying to keep up with Leah and Nika while doing both. Overall she doesn't have too hard a time carrying things, but with split attention plus her state of mind she is not paying as much attention to their conversation.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #123
    Colossus in the Playground

"Yeah! There are signs and stuff." Nika says, as she points through the crowd to one such sign. As before, Maggie sticks close to Alyssa as they make their way through. They have to walk all the way through the market district, through to the center of Diwyneb Town, then take a right to get to the Foreign Quarter.

There's a distinct change in their environment as they come up on the Foreign Quarter, as a sea of prefabricated buildings fill their view from where they stand, right up to the walls. They're all cast in vibrant colors, but boxy, and they fill the streets in an easy pattern. There's even a small sign right by where they enter, a map of the facilities, with all of the conveniences, including a Pokecenter, in the closest part, and most residences nearest to the walls, though there are apparently a few stations for Knights scattered throughout - and slightly visible, by the banners hoisted above them. The ground, though not paved, has clearly been flattened down and maintained by some means. There aren't a great deal of people hanging around here, although they do spot some groups chatting here and there, most on their way to the section marked as Foreign Culture.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa looks around and takes her time to observe the buildings and people as they enter the Foreign Quarter. The map catches her eye, and she wanders over to it to get a sense of the area. With her finger she runs through the map, tracing a path to the Pokemon Center from where they are. She turns to Leah without moving her finger from the map. Still pointing to the Pokemon Center, she says, "This is the right place, right? W-we, um, take this route to get there?" For Leah's view she retraces the path she made.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah finds herself a little surprised at the lower density of people around this part of the town, though her attention is fairly quickly grabbed by a sign pointing to the 'foreign culture' section. Smiling to herself, she idly wondered what might be on display. Her musings are interrupted as Alyssa calls her attention to the map. Walking over, she gives a nod then glances up to the street in the direction they need to go. "Looks like it." She gives the other two a smile, "Did, uh, did you guys want to take a look around once we've found her? There, uh, there might be some cool stuff round here..?"

Show

6. - Top - End - #126

"Yeah, I wanna look!" Nika grins. "I mean, I've checked it out already, but I wanna look again! The nurses at the Pokecenter are so cute. This one there showed me all the nurse outfits from other Regions and everyone dyes their hair pink. It's so cool."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods to Leah, smiling at Nika's enthusiasm. "I, um, w-would be okay looking around after. I, um, do need to find a bag for you."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah grins at the mention of the pokécenter's, thinking back to Kanto and the nurses staffing the medical centres there. She nods along with Nika's enthusiasm at the idea, "Y-yeah, umm, that's definitely a thing in, uh, in Kanto. Umm, I didn't know for sure if, uh, if it's something you see outside of, uh, of Kanto."

She takes a moment to idly take in the buildings around her again as they head to the pokécentre, then gives Alyssa an embarrassed smile, "Umm, thanks. I, uh, I do kinda wonder what sort of things get sold here. It, uh, it must be quite a mix..?"

Show

9. - Top - End - #129

"I heard that it's not all foreign." Nika says, as they walk. "That this used to be the slums too and Lady Diwyneb is using foreigner funds to rebuild it for people to live better, who were poor and stuff like that."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods at Nika's explanation, though she keeps her eyes on the path to make sure they don't get lost. "Th-that, um, seems like a good idea. I'm s-sure the, um, people from Kanto would be, um, glad to help." She glances over at Leah as she walks, then turns back to the path.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah looks a little surprised at Nika's comment, "Oh! Oh wow that's, uh, that's a really nice thing to do..!" She feels herself redden a bit at Alyssa's comment, rubbing behind her neck as she continued, "Well, umm, it's not just, uh, not just Silph that, uh, that came over. Umm, Devon also has, uh, has a big presence in Londo now..."

Show

12. - Top - End - #132

"Who's Devon?" Nika asks innocently. "Is she nice?"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah blinks, then gives an embarrassed smile at Nika's question, "Oh, umm, no, Devon is, uh, is a big tech company from, uh, from Hoenn. Umm, they, uh, they're funding Professor Hawthorne's lab."

Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa smiles at Nika's comment, looking over at Leah when she explains. "Wh-what's, um, the main difference? I know they're from, um, different places but, um, what do they do that's different?"

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah rubs at her arm as she marshals her thoughts, "Well... Umm... Silph Co. are, uh, are this big manufacturing company. They, umm, they make a lot of household appliances but, uh, but they also have a big R and D department. Umm, I think, uh, I think they even made a pokéball that could, uh, could catch anything. Without fail." She glances to Nika as she mentions that, giving her a grin as she did. Turning her attention forward again, she continues, "Devon is, uh, is kinda similar..? I think, uh, I think they got their start as a mining company, or something... But when they got big, they switched into manufacturing as well. They, uh, they're more focused on pokémon products than Silph. Umm, they've got this huge range of pokéballs that are better for certain environments." Feeling a bit of a need to stick up for the Kantoan company, she quickly adds, "But, uh, but they aren't 100% guarantee's like the one Silph made."

Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa takes some of her attention from the path and turns it towards Leah, listening to her talk and trying to process everything she says. She notices Leah rub her arm and moves a bit closer to her, not taking her hand but trying to give the sense that she's supporting her.

She nods a bit once Leah finishes her explanation, thinking. "I, um, d-didn't really know all that. Are there a lot of companies that, um, are making lots of technology? Or, um, is it mostly just those two?"

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah relaxes a little more without even realising as Alyssa moves closer to her. She looks to her with a smile and shrug, "Well, uh, there's a bunch of other tech companies that exist, but most of them are a lot smaller. Silph and Devon are probably the two biggest ones."

Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa listens to Leah's explanation, nodding once she's done. "So, um, wh-what is your favorite thing Silph made? And, um, Devon? I d-don't have a lot of things from either of them." She takes out her Pokegear. "B-basically just this."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah tilts her head to one side at Alyssa's question, "Well... There's, uh, there's a lot of stuff to choose from!" After a few moments more consideration, she comments, "Well, umm, Silp have made some really cool things. Umm, the Master Ball, the Silph scope, umm, a few other things. But, uh, but Devon made something that can bring fossil pokémon back to life." She grins, "So, uh, so I think they win."

Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa looks over at Leah as she thinks out her answer, smiling when she finally decides. "Wow. S-so, um, you c-could actually bring back the Pokemon that was that f-fossil that you have?" She looks out into the distance. "T-that's pretty cool." Back to Leah, she asks, "Wh-what would a fossil Pokemon even look like?"

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah nods with a grin at Alyssa's query, "Mhm!"

She gives an uncertain shrug as Alyssa asks what fossil pokémon look like, "Well... It really depends on the fossil..? If I'm right with, uh, with what mine is, it's a four-legged pokémon with a really long neck. Umm, an ice and rock type."

Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa traces what Leah describes in the air with her left hand. Despite just a verbal description, she actually does a decent job getting the basic shape. "Cool. I, um, I hope I get to meet the Pokemon you bring back." She looks over at Leah with a smile.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah returns the smile with an embarrassed grin, rubbing behind her neck, "Well, uh, that's assuming, uh, assuming we find somewhere that'd, uh, that'd be able to, uh, to bring it back. Umm, and assuming, uh, assuming they'd even, uh, even want to."

Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa looks at Leah with confusion. "What place with a thing that can make a fossil Pokemon come to life wouldn't want to use it? What's even the point of making something like that if you aren't going to use it for what it's made for?"

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah blinks, then breaks into a giggle at Alyssa's indignation, "I just meant they might be too busy with their own projects. They might not have the time to even see me, and there's no guarantee my fossil is even good enough quality to work."

Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa looks at Leah with some surprise. "Oh. Um, th-that makes sense." She giggles along with her, smiling. "I g-guess it might be the same if we, um, found someone to look at this egg." She points with her thumb over her shoulder.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah nods, reaching up to move some stray hair from her face as she does, "Yeah. Umm, I'm pretty sure a lab would be willing to do it, but that doesn't mean they'd necessarily be able to."

She reddens a little as she realises she'd been monopolising the conversation with Alyssa. Turning to Nika, she asks, "Umm, I, uh, I don't suppose you, uh, you know if there's any labs apart from, uh, apart from Professor Hawthorne's around..?"

Show

28. - Top - End - #148

"What's a lab?" Nika asks, smiling innocently.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah looks a little surprised, then apologetic as she replies, "O-oh! Umm, a, uh, a place where people carry, uh, carry out research. Or, umm, or study things. Usually, uh, usually Pokémon..? Like, uh, like Professor Hawthorne does, uh, does a lot on Pokémon psychology..?"

Show

30. - Top - End - #150

"Oh. I don't know." Nika shrugs. "Maybe they'll know at the center?"