New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Heights of Londo [IC 4: Turnabout Trainers]

Alyssa shrugs. "We should ask, I guess."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

"Let's go!" Nika says, and Maggie peers at the older girl for a moment. "...what?" She asks, and the Pokemon shrugs her shoulders. They stare at one another for a moment, then Scroungy pecks the girl's head. "Ow! You b-...bird."

The group soon finds themselves in front of what's clearly a Pokecenter, at least to Leah. It's made of white panels on the outside, with a red ceiling and a white Pokeball symbol at the top - with a love heart in the center. There are a handful of people just leaving, each equipped with belts and Pokeballs, although there's no consistent age among the group of obvious non-natives. They quickly disappear into the background noise, with people either heading to stalls covered in various forieng goods, or sitting at one of the benches at the center of the plaza, which surrounds a tower that bears one Knight standing sentinel on the top. Many of them seem to have snacks, few of which Alyssa recognizes.

The interior of the center greets them with cool air, and a similarly pristine environment. The amber accents lend it a comfortable air, with one corner dedicated to comfortable seating and one wall bearing a counter with shelf upon shelf of Pokemon medicine, along with some small plush toys and Pokeballs. But dominating the room is a counter, behind which sit various machines, plus one snoozing Lilligant and a nurse. She seems quite young, with pale skin and pink hair tied up in circular pigtails. She wears a white tunic, with a pink shawl hanging off of her shoulders, and a bright smile.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa giggles at Maggie and Nika's short interaction, laughing when Scroungy takes matters into its own beak. Once they finally reach their destination, she takes a moment to appreciate the Pokemon Center from the outside before she heads in after the others. She has enough time to glance at the stalls as she heads in, but not much time to appreciate them.

When the cool air hits them, Alyssa shivers a bit, but her cold blood makes her comfortable quickly and she heads up to the counter. "H-hi! We were, um, looking for a friend of ours named Bibi. She's pretty strong and, um, has a floating bluish Pokemon with tentacles that blinks and floats around her." Alyssa gesture a bit with her hands to try to make the picture of Bibi and Ibib more clear.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah feels a pang of homesickness on seeing the pokécenter, the familiar sight of it reminding her of both Sorland and Saffron. She nevertheless finds herself feeling upbeat as they head in, the clinical look inside helping her feel at home. She joins Alyssa in heading over to speak to the nurse, nodding at the description then adding, "Umm, she's also got a, uh, a lot of scars..?"

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa looks over at Leah when she comes over, and adds, "I, um, I think her Pokemon maybe sits on her head mostly?" She looks back at Leah. "Ibib is a Psychic Pokemon, right?"

6. - Top - End - #156

"Hello!" The nurse bows her head to the two girls as they approach, then listens through their questions with an impassive expression. "I think I did see that woman in here, yes. What would you like to know?" She asks, as Nika starts leaning over the counter.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa looks back to the attendant when she answers. Smiling, she asks, "Um, d'you know where she went?"

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

"She's, uh, she's our guide." Leah adds, "We, uh, we just needed to, uh, to speak to her."

Show

9. - Top - End - #159

"She didn't talk very much, but I think she left with the woman who runs the...maid cafe, I think it's called?" Nurse Joy smiled. "Where the boys and girls dress up as maids to serve tea and things."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa bows respectfully to the Nurse Joy and smiles. "Th-thank you, um, miss!" Realizing, she bows again and says, "I'm, um, sorry f-for being rude. My name is Alyssa and this is Leah and, um, Nika. She gestures over to each of her friends in turn as she says their names. "Um, w-where would we go to get there?"

11. - Top - End - #161

"Nurse Joy." The nurse beams. "You can take one right, past the next turn, then a left."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah bobs her head in greeting as Alyssa introduces her. She nods again at the directions, then adds, "Umm, I've, uh, I've got a question as well if you, uh, if you don't mind..?" She glances briefly to Nika, then back to Nurse Joy, "Umm, I was wondering if you, uh, you might know about any fossil labs..? Not, uh, not necessarily around here, just, uh, just in Londo..?"

Show

13. - Top - End - #163

Nika seems to have achieved whatever it was as she stops leaning over the counter.

"A fossil...yes, I know there's one in Whitebeam City," Nurse Joy says. "And I think I heard about a ship carrying a laboratory, too."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa bows her head to Nurse Joy. "Th-thank you." She looks over at Leah as she speaks, looking back at Nurse Joy for her response. She jumps up a bit at the news, and grabs Leah's hand. "W-we wanted to go to W-Whitebeam, right? M-maybe we can head there first, instead of going to Vibrost?" She leaves the option open, smiling at her friend.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah can't help but grin at Alyssa's abrupt display of excitement, squeezing her hand a bit and giving an embarrassed giggle, "Umm, yeah. That sounds good to me! If, uh, if you're sure you don't mind delaying Vibrost..?"

Show

16. - Top - End - #166

"So...do you like Pokeballs?" Nika asks Nurse Joy.

"I suppose I do, yes." The Nurse smiles back at her.

"I make 'em." Nika grins.

"Oh, how wonderful! And so young, too."

"Yeah." Nika scratches the back of her head. "I'm pretty good. That's not bragging, is it?"

"Not at all. It's good to have pride in your work."

"Do you want to see some of my Pokeballs?"

"Oh, I'm quite busy at the moment. I haven't been on my shift for long."

"Darn." Nika frowns, but it is fleeting. "Oh, I have one with me!" She says, as she brings out the shell she'd made in Waye's room.

"How pretty! May I?" Nurse Joy holds out her hands and Nika hesitates for a moment, then places it in her grip. The Nurse flicks the switch and it twists open, earning a gasp. "I love how these Londo Pokeballs open. They're so much prettier than the floppy ones."

"I think so too! The designs are cool, but they could be much prettier. I'm gonna fix that - or try to!"

"You have a good start, Miss..." Nurse Joy pauses. "I'm afraid I didn't get your name! I'm so sorry!"

"No, it's fine. I'm Nika." Nika beams. "I should have introduced myself."

"You did seem busy..." Nurse Joy looks down at the counter for a moment. "I did wonder what you were trying to accomplish."

"Oh." Nika laughs nervously. "I was looking at your shoes. I like foreign clothes." She tugs on her recently-traded t-shirt.

Nurse Joy giggles. "What a silly thing to do. You could have asked! We spend so much time getting this outfit just right, but nobody ever sees us below the waist!"

"No way! It's so cute, though!" Nika gasps. "They should install a glass counter instead."

"Oh, I don't know about that." Nurse Joy smiles conspiratorially. "This way, I can read books, keep snacks under the counter, with the guests none-the-wiser."

"That's sneaky," Nika says. "But I'd probably do it too. I can't just sit in one place, even when I'm making Pokeballs. When I was in Lancer Town, I'd go to the beach, the plains, the top of a building..."

"I know some good places around here. You wouldn't think of a swamp as beautiful, but there really are some lovely places!" Nurse Joy smiles. "Maybe I could show you some?"

"That would be so great! Thank you!" Nika rapidly nods her head.

"It's settled, then. Why don't you come back here at about six?"

"I will!"

"And...bring snacks." Nurse Joy adds.

"Su- Wait! You'd better not just be trying to get a food delivery service, here." Nika warns, good-humoredly.

"Me?" Nurse Joy flutters her eyelashes.

"Hng. Too cute...to get mad at..." Nika groans, then laughs with the Nurse.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa shakes her head at Leah, smiling. "N-not at all." She squeezes Leah's hand, then turns back to Nika only to catch her charming Nurse Joy. More interested in learning than actually leaving, she watches them talk with interest. Her eyes get a bit wide when Joy asks Nika to come back, giggling a bit and turning to Leah when they near completion. "Sh-should we go find Bibi, then? We wanna make sure Nika makes it back on time." She winks at Nika and gives her a thumbs up beneath the counter.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah finds herself not quite sure what she ought to be doing as Nika and Nurse Joy converse, not wanting to intrude on their conversation, but also not wanting to simply up and leave Nika while she was talking. Fortunately, neither the Nurse nor Nika seem to be aiming to make any demands of her, leaving her free to nod and smile at Alyssa's suggestion of finding Bibi. Gently pulling her hand free of Alyssa's, she clasps them both in front of her as she gives the Nurse a brief bow of her head. "Umm, thankyou for your help. It was, uh, it was nice meeting you!"

Farewell given, she turned to head for the exit once the other two were ready, looking to find the maid cafe.

Show

19. - Top - End - #169

Nika notices Alyssa's thumbs-up and wink, though her reaction is little more than a tilt of her head.

"You're welcome! We hope to see you again!" Nurse Joy says, with a brief glance at the sleeping Lilligant.

With that, the group departs through the chatty streets, with Maggie having a little more freedom to reign with their relative lack of crowdedness. It isn't long until they spot the cafe, which has been painted with softer creams and pinks compared to its surroundings. It bears a sign that reads "Super Cute Maids From All Over! Can You Handle The Kawaii? The Adorability? The Sheer Sweetness?!.

Once inside, they're greeted by the scent of sweet treats and warm brews, along with an impeccably-polished black-and-white tile floor accompanied by the same soft tones as the exterior. Warm lighting compliments the whole place, which is filled with tables and chairs of pale wood. But the most eye-catching thing are the people moving between them, the feminine beauties clad in maid attires of all varieties, from the steroetypical Kalosian ones, reserved Galar affairs, to the simpler but no less elegant serving kimonos of Johto. All of them are young and beautiful, and look to be from different regions, including Londo locals, and some seem almost clumsy as they serve, while others are as graceful as anything, and yet others borderline on the cold.

Bibi is easy to spot in contrast to the sweetness all around her, as she sits at one table to the side, with one scarred hand being held by a young woman dressed in a longcoat and pants, her black hair cut close to her head and a warm smile on her lips.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa seems utterly overwhelmed by the maid cafe, trying to take everything in and not interrupt or interact with any of the maids at first, but she doesn't seem like she ever gets over that and instead sticks very close to Leah. "W-what, um, what is this place?" She watches each maid who passes in front of her, absorbing her style and mannerisms, but she's quiet and contained and doesn't try to interact with them. She spots Bibi and points her out to the others, but doesn't go up to her until Leah starts to head there. "D'you, um, th-think we should wait for them to be d-done?"

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah hadn't been to maid cafe's herself back in Kanto, but she had seen them about. The inside, then, was less of a culture shock for her, but the level of cutseyness on display was still somewhat of a surprise for her. She glances to Alyssa as she realises how close her friend was staying by her. Hoping to steady her, she reaches to take her hand and gives a gentle squeeze. "Well, uh, maid cafe's are, uh, are a kind of, uh, kind of themed cafe." She pauses in her explanation, making space for one of the waitresses to bustle past, "And, uh, and a lot of people like the, uh, the cuteness of a maid cafe."

As Alyssa points to Bibi, she nods at her question, "Y-yeah, umm, it looks like she's, uh, she's busy. Umm..." She gives the others a questioning look, "I guess, uh, I guess we could grab a table while, uh, while we wait..?"

Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods tentatively to Leah, then turns her attention back to the crowd, waiting until it looks like one of the maids might be able to help them. When she sees someone who looks available, she composes herself a bit and asks, "Um, m-my friends and I were wondering if we could get a t-table?" She holds Leah's hand for comfort, squeezing back to show she's doing okay.

23. - Top - End - #173

The group flags a maid in a typical black and white affair, with her to match and barely a color on her. "If that's what you want." She says coolly, then guides the trio (And Maggie) over to a table with some menus already there. "I'll be back in a minute." She says, before departing. Nika is staring after all of the maids, clearly quite enraptured by their outfits.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods and follows the maid through the crowd, keeping hold of Leah's hand but watching out for Maggie to make sure she doesn't get lost or knock into anything. Once they're at the table she pads for Maggie to sit next to her, letting go of Leah's hand out of necessity. She nudges Nika once they've sat down. She keeps her voice low, but the excitement creeps in. "It's r-really a lot, isn't it? I've never seen this many girls this dressed up." She looks around

25. - Top - End - #175

Maggie seems able to maneuver quite easily through the relatively calm cafe, with most of the activity coming from the paths of the handful of maids moving around. She hops up beside alyssa when invited, while Nika slots herself into the opposite side.

"I've changed my mind about making Pokeballs. I want to own one of these." Nika replies.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa giggles at Nika's reply. "M-maybe you can do both? A Pokeball maid cafe?"

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah gives Alyssa's hand a final squeeze before letting it go as they sit at the table. Once seated, she picks up a menu, scanning through it for a moment before catching Alyssa's question. Glancing up, she looked around the café. Though busy, it didn't seem overwhelming to her, instead reminding her once again of the café's back in Saffron during lunch rushes. She gives Alyssa a grin and small shrug, "I guess it can be, uh, be a bit much at first."

She gives a small giggle as Nika professes her desire to change career paths, nodding at Alyssa's suggestion, "You could, uh, you could just add some red to the uniform. You know, there are battle café's in some parts of the world. You can, uh, you can choose to duel the staff between courses. Maybe you could do something like that..?"

Show

28. - Top - End - #178

"Wouldn't I have to train them?" Nika asks. "I'd have to train and dress them up and find them, too!"

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods at Nika, though in looking around she muses "I, um, th-think you'd have to train people to work at one of these, too." She points out a few of the different maids, adding, "Th-those two are different than th-that one, and, um, th-they all act a certain but different way."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah nods, "It does seem odd that, uh, that they're all serving people differently. I, uh, I wonder if that's deliberate..?"

Show