New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Heights of Londo [IC 4: Turnabout Trainers]

Nika is a bit of a saggy hug-reciprocator at first, but she manages to hug back within a couple of seconds. Maggie also hops in on the hug train.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah gives a soft laugh at the impromptu group hug, reaching up to tuck a few stray strands of hair away from her face as she turns to the vendor. Clasping her hands in front of herself, she offers the vendor a bow. "Umm, sorry we, uh, we made a scene. I hope, uh, I hope your day goes well."

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa pulls away from the rather awkward hug given the egg in the way, though she's all smiles. She pats Maggie and looks at Nika. "You doing okay? Sorry for the, um, big egg here." Turning to the vendor, she bows. "Sorry as well!" She is a bit red as she returns to upright position, though she smiles at Leah.

Turning back to Nika, she points down the hall. "D'you wanna look at some more foreign clothes and things? There's a lot of stuff here that looks pretty cool."
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2019-05-11 at 05:30 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

4. - Top - End - #244

"Fine. Just get her out of my hair." The vendor says, with a dismissive wave of her hand.

Nika is quite happy to be led away from that small area and the burgeoning crowd seems to have died down.

At Alyssa's words, Nika frowns. "I'm not sure... Leah, do they make bespoke foreign clothes? I want to buy those if I can, or I'll be a hypocrite."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa, thinking, says, "What if you got some plain one and we bespoked them? I can do some drawing and painting."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah follows after the other two, giving a complicated shrug at Nika's question, "You can get bespoke clothes, but they tend to be really expensive. Fashion tends to, uh, to be mass produced for more general sizes." She grins at Alyssa's suggestion, "That sounds like it could be fun, you'd want to, uh, to make sure you got fabric paint though. Just so, uh, just so it doesn't wash out."

Show

7. - Top - End - #247

"You know foreign styles?" Nika asks Alyssa, her eyes wide. "Like what they put on clothes?"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa shakes her head at Nika's question. "Not really. I've seen some stuff but, um, I don't know a lot about it. But we can look or ask around here for things that inspire us." She points to a few clothes that she sees. "We can take something more, um, mass-produced and use it as a starting point?" Shrugging, she smiles at Nika. "What do you think?"

Nodding at Leah's suggestion, Alyssa puts a hand to her chin. "We can probably find some good paint for clothes if we look. Maybe something from around here, to be more, um, foreign." She smiles at Leah. "Maybe we can, um, get your thoughts on some things? I know fashion isn't a big interest of yours but you know more about Kanto than we do."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah nods, "Yeah, sure. I'm, uh, I'm not sure how much help I'll be..?" She gives a grin, "But, umm, but I don't mind being fashion adviser."

Show

10. - Top - End - #250

"Will they have any blank ones?" Nika asks, as she adjusts her pack. "If... I don't want to copy someone else's design from the start."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah glances around the stalls at Nika's question, frowning slightly as she scanned the merchandise available, "I'm sure there's, uh, there's someone selling plain clothing. I mean, jeans usually are, uh, are just blue, and I never found it too hard to find T-shirts without any designs on them."

Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa shrugs. "We can look! I, um, kinda like the feel of the cloth on some of these anyways." She points at Leah's shirt. "Maybe not in here, though? I'm not sure we can find something like that in here."

13. - Top - End - #253

The girls' search for plain clothing leads them out of the comparably more luxurious warehouse and out to one of the smaller prefab buildings marked as Generic Clothing. As they enter, they're struck by a particular sense of unoriginality, as clothes are displayed in boxes, with simple pictures of the plain attire taped to the side of the box, along with a price written beneath it in marker pen. Shelf upon shelf is filled with the boxes, ranging from t-shirts to jackets to jeans to pantyhose. If it weren't for the counter on the far side of the room, one might be able to get lost in the dullness of it.

Fortunately, the counter does plenty to hold at least Maggie's attention, as the person standing behind it is distinctly not a person. In fact, it seems to be a Mawile dressed in what Leah might recognize as the most standard school uniform in Kanto, serafuku from collarbone to toe.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa, initially excited by their idea, seems a bit lower in spirits once they start walking through aisles of boxes with no real imagery. Bending down to look at various pictures, she scratches her head a bit as she tries to parse all the boxes and boxes of clothes to find what they're looking for. Shrugging to Nika and Leah, she says "I, um, I guess we'll have to use our imaginations?" She walks up to the counter with Maggie, starting to speak to ask for help but stopping when she notices the Pokemon there. Smiling, she waves at the Mawile. "Hi! Um, we were looking for some clothes that we could, um, paint on?"

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

On entering the smaller warehouse, Leah's first impression was surprise at the uniform the Mawile manning the desk happened to be wearing, the clothing feeling out of place for the setting to her. Blinking her confusion away, she looks over to Alyssa, giving her a shrug in response to her comment, "I mean, uh, the idea is to just find some plain clothes, right..? I'd, uh, I'd just worry about finding some in the right size." She turns her attention to Nika as they search through the boxes, "Umm, was there specific clothing you were, uh, you were looking for..?"

Show

16. - Top - End - #256

The Mawile jabs a finger at the shelves, then some more shelves, then some of the other shelves.

"Um, no," Nika says. "I don't really like skirts or dresses for traveling, so, not those? I need skin covering things."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa follows the Mawile's pointing, then bows. "Thanks!" Turning back to the others, she pauses to hear Nika's explanation then nods to her and heads off into the corridors of shelves. Once she finds some shirts and blouses she calls out. "Nika, down here! We gotta find things in the right size." She starts bending down to check all the boxes for size measurements, trying to find her own.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah nods at Nika's request, "That's fine, I'm sure we can, uh, we can find some jeans here too. Or if not jeans, some trousers or shorts at least."

She sets off down a different aisle to Alyssa, hunting through the boxes for legwear in approximately Nika's size. She glances briefly up at Alyssa's call, then turns her attention back to her own search. When she does find what she's looking for, she makes a mental note of its location and returns to the other two. "When, uh, when you're ready, I've found some legwear too."

Show

19. - Top - End - #259

Both girls manage to find an assortment of clothes that suit the needs of Nika (And Alyssa finds plenty that fit herself).

"I..." Nika frowns as she looks at the various blouses, jeans, t-shirts, shorts, and things that they've discovered. "We need to think of what to do with these!"

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa smiles. "Well, we can try and find some designs we like and, um, kind of make them our own?" She shrugs, sorting out the clothes they've found so she has all the things in her size and Nika has all the things in hers. "I guess we'd need to go look for things we like on the foreign clothes, then." With things properly divided, she heads up to the counter and counts out money for the Mawile.

21. - Top - End - #261

The Mawile happily collects Alyssa's money and hands over a few generic paper bags for her and Nika to carry their things out in.

"Will there be room in your room for us to do it there?" Nika asks. "I mean... There's only one bed." She says, as Maggie peers into Alyssa's bag.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    We'll figure out the cost depending on how much stuff the pair end up using, when that's figured out.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah tilts her head a little as she looks at the clothes being bought. "You can, uh, you can always try and come up with something unique, too..? But, uh, but I'm sure I can find some designs you might like in, uh, in my old photos from Kanto."

As the group leaves, Leah gives Nika a shrug, "I mean we, uh, we don't have to do it indoors..? As long as the weather holds, we can, uh, we can just find somewhere dry to paint..?"
    Last edited by Comissar; 2019-05-21 at 03:17 PM.

Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa smiles at Maggie, holding the bag open so she can look. "D'you wanna help us, Maggie?"

She lags a bit behind to thank the Mawile as they head out of the store, pausing to consider Nika's question before Leah answers. Alyssa likes Leah's response, and smiles brightly. "Yeah, we can do it all outside! I dunno where exactly, but it might be fun to do it more outdoors. But we gotta get the paints first." She turns around, looking for the map sign to see if it might helpfully lead to some foreign paints.

24. - Top - End - #264

"Like a park?" Nika asks, as Maggie eagerly nods at Alyssa's question. "'Cause the ground around here is all swamp-y."

Alyssa does spot a small arts and crafts store set up in one of the prefabs on a corner. It contains various art tools, pencils, brushes, paints, stands, and even a shelf containing mysterious devices only identified as "art tablets". A young woman sits behind the counter, her hair pulled into a braid with each set of strands dyed a different color of the rainbow.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods at Nika's comment, patting Maggie. "Yeah, maybe we'd have to find something like that. The ground is probably not the best place to do painting, anyways." Spying the shop, she points slightly and heads off that way.

Once she's there she takes a moment to look over the various supplies, checking their quality against what she's familiar with before asking, "Um, d'you have any fabric paints? We wanna paint some clothes but we don't want it to come out in the rain." She turns a bit red as she realizes that second sentence might be completely unnecessary, but smiles through the thought.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah smiles as her idea is well received, "A park sounds like a good idea. Umm, any idea where, uh, where the nearest one would be..?"

Show

27. - Top - End - #267

"I don't think Diwyneb has one," Nika says. "There's the Diwnyneb Dusk! But that's for Knights and stuff."

Alyssa finds that the quality is only decent, but it does have more variety than she's used to - including particularly shiny paint, or glitter paint, and all that would work on fabric, once the storekeep points the way.

"Need anything else, let me know," she says.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah sags a little as Nika comments on the lack of parks. "Oh... That's a shame... How, uh, how strict are they about letting non-Knights in at, uh, at the Dusk..?"

Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa steers away from any novelty paints that she might find interesting, sticking instead to just the fabric paints they were looking for. She picks out a couple basic colors that could be used for mixing and then a couple of the more common mixed colors, making sure to budget her choices so as to not spend too much money. She smiles at the storekeep and nods. "We might have to come back!"

Once she's made the proper exchange of money for goods, she turns back to the others discussing where to go. "Maybe we can find somewhere with, like, an outside table we can use?"

30. - Top - End - #270

"Well.. It's full of powerful Pokemon you're meant to fight," Nika scratches her neck. "I don't think we'd get any art done."