New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Othniel's Tyrant's Grasp I

Bellas

"I wouldn't count on appealing to their good sense." From her tone it was clear the elf believed they had none.

"Instead we must appeal to their sense of self-preservation. By showing them their alternative is but to die." Bellas advanced into the room and sought to make an example of the one cowering by the bookcase.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Bellas attacks M4
    (1d20+6)[13]
    Damage
    (1d10+5)[6]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

"I just feel bad about this! It's like killing ugly evil puppies. They're just the pugs of monsters. It's not their fault they're wretched and stupid and evil and ugly and stupid!" Vesper stepped into the doorway and flicked a pair of aces towards the leader's head.

Spoiler: Precise, Rapid Shot
    Show
    (1d20+3)[21]
    (1d4+2)[4]

(1d20+3)[22]
    (1d4+2)[3]

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

"Moral debates can be saved for later!" Kali and Percival swiftly made to double-team their first target.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Percival Attack: (1d20+4)[24]
    Percival Damage: (1d8+4)[12]

Kali Attack: (1d20+2)[11]
    Kali Damage: (1d4+2)[4]
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Roslar's Tomb

Percival's fist comes around in a sweep and squashes Barple Stonebreaker into the wall, while Gilbert edges forward and smears another mite on the floor. The remaining mite ineffectually thrusts its dagger at the gravekeeper.

Show
    Party is up.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Card throwing!

[roll[1d20+3[/roll]
    [roll[1d4+2[/roll]

[roll[1d20+3[/roll]
    [roll[1d4+2[/roll]

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Roslar's Tomb

Vesper's card tricks cut down the final mite, and all that remained were the spoils of battle. Their leader's insect-shell crown remained intact, should anyone wish to claim the prize, but the real value came in what the mites had looted from the tomb.

Spoiler: Loot
    Show
    Against one wall, you find a pile of gold and silver leaf as well as ivory seemingly scraped from the trophies and ornamental weapons in the room. It weighs 10 pounds and comes to a value of 260gp. You also find a high-quality leather bandolier worth 40gp rolled around six potions of cure moderate wounds.

On the body of Borple Stonebreaker, you find a small light wooden shield, small sickle, sling with 10 stones, sprig of holly, crown made of insect shells, eight white stones painted red on one side.
    Last edited by Othniel; 2019-04-13 at 09:53 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Firbolg in the Playground

Henrietta

Looking over the loot, Henrietta immediately gravitated towards the most practical of the items, taking a single potion of cure moderate wounds and stuffing into her belt pouch before taking an even sixth of the gold leaf and Burple's crown.

Show
    Specifically, 43 gp worth.

"Alright. That's one thing down, and then just One, Two, and a worm between us and the exit. Unless something else happens. Which it probably will. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there, I guess."

Twirling the crown around her finger, Henrietta then lead the way back into the room with Number Three, tossing the crown in one hand.

"So, good news is, we just managed to take care of the leader of the mites. We'll go ahead and take care of the worm on our way out."

With this said, Henrietta then headed up the stairs.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2019-04-13 at 10:11 PM.
    Everything dissolves into blue.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Roslar's Tomb

Reaching the top of the stairs, Henrietta found a long room with a single bench against the eastern wall. Several pieces of gleaming metal hung from wires in the ceiling, like barding in the shape of a fearsome metal bull. The plates seemed twist like wind chimes, creating a dull clanking. A single door stood in the southern wall. A gleaming longsword protruded from the "side" of the bull.

Spoiler: Vesper
    Show
    You recognize the sculpture as depicting a Gorgon.

Spoiler: Bellas, Coty, Henrietta
    Show
    Based on the movement of the sculpture and what you can see, it looks like the "worm" in question is hiding within.

9. - Top - End - #189

Henrietta

Henrietta's gaze wandered toward the plates, and catching some movement, she elbowed the person nearest her.

"Worm looks like it's hiding in there,"
    she whispered, pointing toward it with her glaive. "Vesper, you maybe wanna chuck a card at it, flush it out?"

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't know if I can hit it, but I'll piss it off." Vesper motions for the melee folks to stands in front of him while he pelts the monsters with flying playing cards.

Spoiler: Flick flick
    Show
    (1d20+5)[9] surprise round?
    (1d4+3)[7]

(1d20+3)[7] full/rapid attack
    (1d4+3)[4]

(1d20+3)[16]
    (1d4+3)[4]

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Staying to the back of the group, Cotyledon tapped into some of her innate magic to see if there was anything poisonous in the vicinity; most importantly the 'worm.'

Show

Coty will use her Detect Poison SLA!

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Roslar's Tomb, Level 1

Vesper's cards hit the metal bull with twin pings. The sculpture swayed with movement from within, and then a monstrous caterpillar fell to the ground with a sickening squelch.

Spoiler: Horn Caterpillar
    Show

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Gilbert, Henrietta, and Kali/Percival all win initiative.

Spoiler: Coty
    Show
    The "worm," which you identify as a Horn Caterpillar, is definitely poisonous. The Horn Caterpillar is voracious. Rather than pupating into butterflies, they instead remain in their wormlike forms for their entire life cycle, growing between each molt until they eventually reach the size of large dogs. Horn caterpillars feed on the hooves and horns of dead ungulates, which they usually scavenge from corpses. Their sharp mandibles allow them to effortlessly shear through tendon and bone.

Their bite, while painful, is not poisonous. The poison instead is found in their bristles. They also possess the ability to spit a web-like substance which can be used to grapple prey.

13. - Top - End - #193

Henrietta

Gritting her teeth, Henrietta brought her glaive down toward the caterpillar's body...

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+6)[20]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[11]

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Having now properly stowing the armor in his pack, Gilbert moves forward with his hammer properly ready.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show

(1d20+7)[18]
    (3d6+6)[17]
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Roslar's Tomb, Level One

With a sickening squelch, Gilbert smashed the horn caterpillar into goo. It was a quick manner of moments to wrest the longsword from the decorative carcass of the metal bull.

Spoiler: Loot!
    Show
    You gain a Mwk Steel Longsword.

16. - Top - End - #196

Henrietta

Shaking the blood off of her glaive, Henrietta nodded approvingly to Gilbert.

"Let's get out of here."

She then proceeded to move on into the next room.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Roslar's Tomb, Level One

The walls of the wide room Henrietta led the others into were covered with murals depicting a man performing a variety of heroic tasks: driving a sword into a fearsome metallic bull, defending a village from a scowling spectre, delivering an impassioned speech to several knights, and so on. The man had a large mustache and flowing hair, and wore a breastplate adorned with the symbol of a winged rapier. The western end of the room contained an enormous statue of the man atop a rearing horse, carrying a lance in one hand and a shield in the other. Hallways exited this room to the north and south; both immediately bend to the east.A door stood across the hall to the south.

Spoiler: Detect Magic
    Show
    The statue detects faintly of magic. When you approach within 10 feet, the statue of Roslar dips his lance and raises his shield, while Abdell gives a faint, ghostly whinny.

Show
    A simple bowl for offerings still contains a few gifts: 87 gp (mostly in silver and copper coins), two scrolls of lesser restoration, and an ancient jar of gooseberry preserves that now functions as 3 doses of belladonna.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Bellas

The red-haired elf finally looked impressed as the statue of Roslar dipped his lance at her approach.

"Chivalrous even after death. Hmph." Her eyes roamed over the murals before she considered their next move.

"Southern door...?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

19. - Top - End - #199

Henrietta

Henrietta had a feeling that it was far more likely that the hallways would lead to the exit.

But what if you miss something you need in there?

Sighing, she said, "Might as well," and ambled over to the door, listening at it before pushing it open.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Take 20 on Percep for 27, then open South.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey, I don't know what I'm supposed to do about it, but the angry specter on the mural is a convincing facsimile of the angry specter in my pants." Vesper thrust his hip pocket towards the party and pointed at the bulge.

"Um... knowing what I know about dungeons, I'm probably supposed to shove this into an appropriately sized slot to unlock... something?"

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Roslar's Tomb, Level One

Henrietta opened the door to find a small, dry font jutting from the south wall of the room in the center of a mural depicting the interior of a chapel. On the west wall hung a large square mirror with an ornate gold frame.

Show
    The mirror is worth 150gp...if you can carry it. It weighs 80 lbs.

Spoiler: Coty
    Show
    The chapel depicted in the mural is familiar to you. Your memory dates back to a time when Aroden walked Golarion. This chapel, likely in Vigil from your memory, was dedicated to the Living God.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Carefully extracting the crystal from his pocket with a silk scarf wrapped around his hand, Vesper held the captive demonspecterthing up to face the mirror and closed his eyes. "Um... demon be gone? Be purged by... holy light? You ugly?"

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Roslar's Tomb, Level One

The spectre inside the crystal made one brief, scowling appearance, but nothing else happened.

24. - Top - End - #204

Henrietta

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarion Xid View Post
    "Hey, I don't know what I'm supposed to do about it, but the angry specter on the mural is a convincing facsimile of the angry specter in my pants." Vesper thrust his hip pocket towards the party and pointed at the bulge.

"Um... knowing what I know about dungeons, I'm probably supposed to shove this into an appropriately sized slot to unlock... something?"
    Henrietta frowned at the crystal.

"Knowing what I know about dungeons, we'll all be better off if you leave that thing behind. Carrying around a crystal with an angry ghost in it, one drawn in the murals, no less? Some things are better left forgotten."

She then turned back to the hallways.

"Anyway, I'm pretty sure none of us are strong or stupid enough to lug that mirror around. And that leaves only the hallways thataway, so... here's hoping the exit's finally ahead, knock on wood."

She then headed towards the hall at the end.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2019-04-18 at 07:57 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

"I mean, I licked it, so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have nightmares or I'm cursed now or a Runelord is going to turn me into a sock-puppet... point is, it can't get worse than it's already could get!"

Airtight logic.

"But if I'm lucky, and it's worth a lot of money or it's a actually some busty blue djinn call who wants to marry me. Or it gives me wishes! All of these scenarios are equally likely until I find evidence to contradict my hypotheses!"

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Roslar's Tomb, Level One

Making her way through a narrow hall that curved around to the east, Henrietta soon found a grand metallic double door stood in the east wall of the new chamber, while hallways exited to the north and south. A statue of a proud knight with flowing hair and a large mustache stood in an alcove in the west wall, atop a short pillar bearing a metal plaque. Two more Celedons stood there guarding the great double door, and they each produced a short sword while one addressed Henrietta.

"Halt! You have violated the hallowed chambers of the dead! Further desecration will not be permitted."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

"Um... yeah, no it's a'right, mate. We're the cleaning staff. As y'were. We'll just be a tick." Vesper pops his head over Henrietta's shoulder and lies very convincingly.

(1d20)[10] Bluff!

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

A green, rind-covered hand gently landed on Vesper's shoulder as Cotyledon stepped forward.
    "Our fool jests, of course. We met Number Three further in the tomb. You are One and Two, I presume? With Three's blessing we cleared the tomb of the remaining... problems. The caterpillar and the remaining mites. Please... we only wish to see you return to your duties, undisturbed. Sir Roslar ought indeed continue his peaceful rest, and no sooner than it takes for us to leave this place."

Show

DIPLOMANCEENS: (1d20+6)[24]

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Roslar's Tomb, Level One

Vesper couldn't be entirely certain, but he thought he saw the Celedon's expression harden even further - quite a feat given that the creature was made mostly of metal.

Just then Coty spoke up, and the tomb guardian swiveled to gaze upon her. "You have spoken with Number Three?" it asked, slight surprise evident in its vocalization. "It is some testament to your veracity that you know how we are named. I am Number Two and this," Number Two gestured to its compatriot, "is Number One. Our purpose is to guard this tomb in perpetuity. If, as you say, you have dispatched some of the threats herein and are intent upon leaving the tomb, we shall not stop you. We thank you for your assistance. Do not return."

Then, as Number Two finished speaking, it and Number One stepped away from the metallic double doors and waited for the party to leave.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

"Are you certain you're guarding this place? How did we get in then? Is there another way in or did someone teleport us to the bottom?"