New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Help me write an over-the-top positive review for my new dentist.

So I had a crazy bad dentist that really messed up early and often. It took me a while to come to the conclusion that he was a crap dentist. I even think that he made things worse as often as he made things better.

I now have a new dentist, and he looks like he is in late 20's. This is likely his first gig, but this man is amazing. It is as if he never got the memo that a dentist's job was to inflict pain so that one does not feel pain later. I have not once felt any pain under this mans care.

I am not sure if this guy is an amazing dentist, a space wizard, or a cherub whisperer. All the same, I am amazed and in awe.
    Last edited by darkrose50; 2019-04-04 at 07:12 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Thumbs down Re: Help me write an over-the-top positive review for my new dentist.

Quote Originally Posted by darkrose50 View Post
    So I had a crazy bad dentist that really messed up early and often. It took me a while to come to the conclusion that he was a crap dentist. I even think that he made things worse as often as he made things better.

I now have a new dentist, and he looks like he is in his late 20's. This is likely his first gig, but this man is amazing. It is as if he never got the memo that a dentist's job was to inflict pain so that one does not feel pain later. I have not once felt any pain under this mans care. I am not sure it this guy is an amazing dentist, a space wizard, or a cherub whisperer. All the same, I am amazed an in awe.
    How about this:

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy good review
    This man is amazing. It is as if he never got the memo that a dentist's job was to inflict pain so that one does not feel pain later. I have not once felt any pain under this mans care. I am not sure it this guy is an amazing dentist, a space wizard, or a cherub whisperer. All the same, I am amazed an in awe.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Help me write an over-the-top positive review for my new dentist.

I would totally go to a space wizard, cherub-whispering dentist!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by darkrose50 View Post
    It is as if he never got the memo that a dentist's job was to inflict pain so that one does not feel pain later.
    I agree that what you already wrote sounds great. Maybe add some details related to what it is was, if it was more than a routine cleaning. A painless tooth pull or root canal is a bigger accomplishment.

I'd recommend shortening the sentence I quoted, though. Something about the structure of it made me a touch confused, and I'd use "It is as if he never got the memo that a dentist's job was to inflict pain" without mentioning the idea that pain-now is to prevent pain-later. (Perhaps my confusion comes from not having heard that idea, though I am aware of the cliche of a pain-causing sadist dentist.)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I'd recommend shortening the sentence I quoted, though. Something about the structure of it made me a touch confused, and I'd use "It is as if he never got the memo that a dentist's job was to inflict pain" without mentioning the idea that pain-now is to prevent pain-later.
    Yeah, seconded.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2