New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Comprehensive DPR Calculator (v2.0!)

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast_Shadow View Post
    I’m going to provide a view only link to my copy of the calculator. The tab marked as “Attack Calculator” is in process of being edited for my purposes. The tab marked as Copy of Attack Calc 2.1 is the one that is in a “completed” state. The graph is telling me that something is off. Ludic, Aureus, would one of y’all mind taking a look at my work to see what’s off (assuming I’m right about getting something wrong)?

Oh! I have to make this post before I can post a link apparently. Link will be posted soon.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...KVwT7p9JEV-xp4

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Good day Outcast_Shadow! So first of all, sorry I've been AWOL for a bit; qualifying exam season just finished in the grad school program I'm in.

That graph does look a bit funky. Is your concern that there are multiple points where the slope changes? That isn't what we normally see, but I think it might be natural for having two different attack bonuses. Usually, the sharp turns occur at two points: where AC is no longer so low that anything besides a crit fail hits, and where AC is high enough that only a nat 20 can hit. But if the attack bonus is different for bonus hits and normal hits, you might have more such sharp turns. That's my best guess, anyway.

(The guess is supported by the fact that the two corners are separated by three points of AC, and that the two attack bonuses also differ by 3.)

If that addresses your concern, you should be good to go. I can also sit down and do a closer look at your altered calculator if you'd like, you'd just need to remind me which cells you've edited.
    Spreading noble, cheerful insanity since [BIRTH DATE REDACTED]. Responds to Aureus, Mr. Fulgens, and Brightlord Radiant. Is all three of the Fey Spirits from Tasha's.

Things I've worked on:
    Comprehensive DPR Calculator v2.0 (with LudicSavant)

My expansive and highly professional homebrew portfolio currently contains:
    Art Cleric
    Lanayru Marsh Druid

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AureusFulgens View Post
    Good day Outcast_Shadow! So first of all, sorry I've been AWOL for a bit; qualifying exam season just finished in the grad school program I'm in.

That graph does look a bit funky. Is your concern that there are multiple points where the slope changes? That isn't what we normally see, but I think it might be natural for having two different attack bonuses. Usually, the sharp turns occur at two points: where AC is no longer so low that anything besides a crit fail hits, and where AC is high enough that only a nat 20 can hit. But if the attack bonus is different for bonus hits and normal hits, you might have more such sharp turns. That's my best guess, anyway.

(The guess is supported by the fact that the two corners are separated by three points of AC, and that the two attack bonuses also differ by 3.)

If that addresses your concern, you should be good to go. I can also sit down and do a closer look at your altered calculator if you'd like, you'd just need to remind me which cells you've edited.
    Awesome! You have correctly ascertained my question and addressed it. Thank you both for your time.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

Version 2.3 update! You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=151780215

New Update Features:
    • You can now set Advantage/Disadvantage separately for your normal and bonus action attacks.
    • Added the HP Calculator, Slot Calculator, and Prof Calcuator (all on the same page. There's a tab at the bottom). This will allow you to do things like calculate just how much you can expect the Durable feat to be adding to your recovery every day, or quickly compare the spell slots of multiclass combos. The slot calculator even automatically detects whether you're multiclassing and uses the appropriate rounding rules accordingly.
    Last edited by LudicSavant; 2019-05-31 at 12:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProsecutorGodot
    If statistics are the concern for game balance I can't think of a more worthwhile person for you to discuss it with, LudicSavant has provided this forum some of the single most useful tools in probability calculations and is a consistent source of sanity checking for this sort of thing.
    An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds | Comprehensive DPR Calculator | Monster Resistance Data

Nerull | Wee Jas | Olidammara | Erythnul | Hextor | Corellon Larethian | Lolth | The Deep Ones

5. - Top - End - #65
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Neat stuff as always, guys. If you keep adding features soon I'll just be referring to this sheet for every question I ever have...

Any idea when the contested check calculator is going to be included?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

We have a new player with a sharpshooter rogue; this is going to help a lot with explaining to him how to use it for best effect
    Junior, half orc paladin of the Order of St Dale the Intimidator: "Ah cain't abide no murderin' scoundrel."

Tactical Precepts: 1) Cause chaos, then exploit it; 2) No plan survives contact with...(sigh)...my subordinates.

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by Zigludo View Post
    Any idea when the contested check calculator is going to be included?
    Not sure when we'll get around to the next update. However, I can tell you how to calculate basic contested check probabilities using AnyDice right now.

output
    (1d20+Your Mod)-(1d20+Target Mod)

Then go down the results and click where it says "at least." The chance of it being "at least 1" is the chance of you winning the ability contest. The chance of it being "at most -1" is the chance of you losing. The chance of it being zero is the chance of a tie.

For advantage, replace "1d20" with "[highest 1 of 2d20]". For disadvantage, it'd be "[lowest 1 of 2d20]"

Here's an example program: https://anydice.com/program/160ff
    Last edited by LudicSavant; 2019-06-08 at 01:36 PM.
    If statistics are the concern for game balance I can't think of a more worthwhile person for you to discuss it with, LudicSavant has provided this forum some of the single most useful tools in probability calculations and is a consistent source of sanity checking for this sort of thing.
    An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds | Comprehensive DPR Calculator | Monster Resistance Data

Nerull | Wee Jas | Olidammara | Erythnul | Hextor | Corellon Larethian | Lolth | The Deep Ones

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LudicSavant View Post
    Version 2.3 update! You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=151780215

SNIP:
    Ludic & Aureus: You sick, demented, sadistic geniuses, I both love and hate you guys.

Outstanding update. You streamlined the sheet to solve some known problems and threw in some delightful upgrades while you were at it.

Those tweaks I was playing with?

I can’t figure out how to integrate them now that you’ve streamlined the sheet.

Can y’all either guide my idiot hand in figuring out how to start the process of figuring out how to implement my tweaks OR (just go ahead and say yes, you know you want to be all magnanimous) integrate my tweaks into the sheet for future upgrades?

Y’all are swell and you make my head hurt sometimes.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

I know it's not a popular feat but it would be nice to see Savage Attacker and how it affects the minimum expected and average ranges incorporated.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Ludic & Aureus: You sick, demented, sadistic geniuses, I both love and hate you guys.

Outstanding update. You streamlined the sheet to solve some known problems and threw in some delightful upgrades while you were at it.

Those tweaks I was playing with?

I can’t figure out how to integrate them now that you’ve streamlined the sheet.

Can y’all either guide my idiot hand in figuring out how to start the process of figuring out how to implement my tweaks OR (just go ahead and say yes, you know you want to be all magnanimous) integrate my tweaks into the sheet for future upgrades?

Y’all are swell and you make my head hurt sometimes.
    Yikes, it appears I missed this nearly a month ago. I have been rather distracted recently, I apologize.

Short version: In streamlining the sheet, I moved the pieces of the total DPR calculation into the third table down at the bottom (Full Routine). The most difficult piece of your changes, as I recall, was making it reflected in the Once-Per-Round damage, which is now computed in the appropriately-labeled six cells of that table. Adding it would be a little complex, yes, but I think it looks similar to what I told you before; the basic formulas have not changed, just the organization.

That's a little on the vague side, so I'll see if your feature (separate crit ranges for the action and bonus action attacks) can be added to the official calculator on a future update. I think such a thing could come up in a few niche cases for a Hexblade Warlock, which suggests it isn't entirely out of the question for future material, so it might be good to have. Ludic has a few things I've promised him I'll get to first, but I'll see what I can do.
    Spreading noble, cheerful insanity since [BIRTH DATE REDACTED]. Responds to Aureus, Mr. Fulgens, and Brightlord Radiant. Is all three of the Fey Spirits from Tasha's.

Things I've worked on:

Art Cleric
    Lanayru Marsh Druid

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AureusFulgens View Post
    Yikes, it appears I missed this nearly a month ago. I have been rather distracted recently, I apologize.

Short version: In streamlining the sheet, I moved the pieces of the total DPR calculation into the third table down at the bottom (Full Routine). The most difficult piece of your changes, as I recall, was making it reflected in the Once-Per-Round damage, which is now computed in the appropriately-labeled six cells of that table. Adding it would be a little complex, yes, but I think it looks similar to what I told you before; the basic formulas have not changed, just the organization.

That's a little on the vague side, so I'll see if your feature (separate crit ranges for the action and bonus action attacks) can be added to the official calculator on a future update. I think such a thing could come up in a few niche cases for a Hexblade Warlock, which suggests it isn't entirely out of the question for future material, so it might be good to have. Ludic has a few things I've promised him I'll get to first, but I'll see what I can do.
    1.) Thank you for your kindness both in replying to me about this & for working with me on all this. It has to be a pain in the butt sometimes.

2.) I don’t know which is the greater favor, continuing to guide me when mucking about with y’all’s work OR considering taking the task from me and incorporating my tweaks into the body of y’all’s works here.

3.) Time isn’t an issue so much. I’m a Linux hobbyist so I’m used to asking what are, to me, difficult questions and then waiting for a week for a reply in an IRC channel. I’ll look at your suggestions for manual alterations and see if I can implement them on my own. From scanning your reply, it seems like I won’t be pushing too far outside of my bubble of knowledge.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Ogre: CPR: Consented Post Resuscitation.
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2019-09-24 at 01:00 PM.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

1.) Thank you for your kindness both in replying to me about this & for working with me on all this. It has to be a pain in the butt sometimes.

2.) I don’t know which is the greater favor, continuing to guide me when mucking about with y’all’s work OR considering taking the task from me and incorporating my tweaks into the body of y’all’s works here.

3.) Time isn’t an issue so much. I’m a Linux hobbyist so I’m used to asking what are, to me, difficult questions and then waiting for a week for a reply in an IRC channel. I’ll look at your suggestions for manual alterations and see if I can implement them on my own. From scanning your reply, it seems like I won’t be pushing too far outside of my bubble of knowledge.

As it turns out putting the new information into the sheet was a breeze. So that part I've got down now I think. I haven't had much time to attempt to implement until today and I'm not even sure right now why it was presenting as a problem.

Now I'm looking at sheet 3, the HP & levels calc. Something seems off there. It doesn't look like it's calculating correctly. Care to give it a second look guys?

14. - Top - End - #74

As it turns out putting the new information into the sheet was a breeze. So that part I've got down now I think. I haven't had much time to attempt to implement until today and I'm not even sure right now why it was presenting as a problem.

Now I'm looking at sheet 3, the HP & levels calc. Something seems off there. It doesn't look like it's calculating correctly. Care to give it a second look guys?
    Are you talking about your alternate version of the sheet for your homebrew stuff? Everything works fine on my version as far as I know.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

Original document, 3rd sheet in, HP & Levels Calculator, field AG9. Some of the variables that play into the calculations target blank fields if I'm not terribly mistaken. I haven't knowingly messed with that sheet.

16. - Top - End - #76

Original document, 3rd sheet in, HP & Levels Calculator, field AG9. Some of the variables that play into the calculations target blank fields if I'm not terribly mistaken. I haven't knowingly messed with that sheet.
    Huh. It looks like a value got accidentally deleted somehow from AG9. Will have it fixed shortly. Thanks

Edit: I'll want to double check it to make sure when I have time, but it should be good now.

Was there anything else you noticed on the HP and Levels sheet?
    Last edited by LudicSavant; 2019-09-24 at 04:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LudicSavant View Post
    Huh. It looks like a value got accidentally deleted somehow from AG9. Will have it fixed shortly. Thanks

Edit: I'll want to double check it to make sure when I have time, but it should be good now.

Was there anything else you noticed on the HP and Levels sheet?
    Not as of yet. Now that I'm happy with my weird additions/alterations to what I regard as the main sheet I'm just starting to look at the others. I'll check in when I can (less than 45 days!).

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

Not as of yet. Now that I'm happy with my weird additions/alterations to what I regard as the main sheet I'm just starting to look at the others. I'll check in when I can (less than 45 days!).
    I've had a couple of minutes to sit down with it now. I'm not seeing anything that causes concern at the moment.

Keep up the GREAT work Ludic & Aureus!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Thumbs up Re: Comprehensive DPR Calculator (v2.0!)

Awesome! Just Awesome!
    Love it!

And extended it.

I wanted to know two things:
    - How much does Haste helps me
    - when it is best to use Booming Blade

So I have integrated it into the sheet.
    Please have a look at it if I made any mistakes or misinterpreted your previous work somehow.
    And I would be very proud if you integrate it into the calculator!

DAMN! I just registered for this and cant paste links...
    So please just remove the = from https

http=s://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VTjbTnQqn_uAKkTMBuclIsMxkNnv7LYDRBSRojdxenU/edit?usp=sharing

Cheers!
    Jerdna

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Howdy! Reporting a fixed bug in the sheet.

It was brought to our attention that attack routines with a bonus action had some weird output on the graphs. It turns out that the reason is quite simple, namely, that I am an idiot.

In the data tables down at the bottom, under "DAMAGE PER ROUND (1 Bonus Attack)" you will notice that there are six columns, for Normal-Advantage-Disadvantage and Regular-Power (Power being -5/+10). These would, logically, reference the corresponding "ATTACK PROBABILITIES" cells. Except, in previous versions, the Power Attack columns did not. They referenced the Regular Attack probabilities, without -5/+10. This is because I slipped up while creating the tables.

The version linked in the first post in this thread should be correctly fixed. Please keep us posted on any further issues! We want this sheet to be as accurate as possible, in as many situations as possible, and your feedback helps us do that.

Ludic also has a bug fix in the HP calculator, so I'll let him explain that.

Yours sincerely, in the name of good math,
    Aureus

Things I've worked on:

Art Cleric
    Lanayru Marsh Druid

21. - Top - End - #81

Updated to v2.4. Just some minor bugfixes (One of the newer graphs was referencing the wrong cells, and there was a typo in one of the HP Calculator cells that was affecting how it was calculating rest hp with the Durable feat. Both are fixed now).
    Last edited by LudicSavant; 2020-01-06 at 01:31 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

Checking in to see how things are progressing. Holidays were busy for me as, I assume, they were for everyone. I’m looking forward to pulling up the updated sheet and adding my Frankenstein to it.

Thanks for your continued vigilance L & A.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Anyone else having problems copying this to a Mac?

My iPhone gets google drive.
    My iPad (way old) ditto.
    My Mac - not playing nice...
    With one exception, I play AL games only nowdays.

I am the eternal Iconoclast.

Mountain Dwarfs Rock!

Song of Gorm Gulthyn
    Blessed be the HAMMER my strength which teaches my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

Otto von Bismarck Quotes

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZorroGames View Post
    Anyone else having problems copying this to a Mac?

My iPhone gets google drive.
    My iPad (way old) ditto.
    My Mac - not playing nice...
    I can't comment about copying to a Mac. I can say that my iPhone works fine with google sheets and that my laptop runs linux and has no problems (run through "Version 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 18.04 (64-bit)")

In what environment are you attempting to run the spreadsheet?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Re: Comprehensive DPR Calculator (v2.0!)

I *thought* I'd found a bug. I was wrong. I just hadn't put the "bless die" in both the field for the normal attacks and the bonus attack (not realizing that you had a separate field for each). All is well, keep up the great work. I still seem to be able to implement my Frankensteining of your spreadsheet to cover my peculiar needs.

Thanks guys!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

Any new features/updates coming down the line boys? Just curious now that the forums have been back up for a while.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

It seems that the "When to power attack (Advantage)" graph isn't properly reflecting the GWM Crit Bonus option.
    When the GWM Crit Bonus is checked, the Average DPR numbers in the Outputs table change, but the red line on the graph does not, and continues to show the same numbers as before the box was checked.

28. - Top - End - #88

Quote Originally Posted by Hortonman View Post
    It seems that the "When to power attack (Advantage)" graph isn't properly reflecting the GWM Crit Bonus option.
    When the GWM Crit Bonus is checked, the Average DPR numbers in the Outputs table change, but the red line on the graph does not, and continues to show the same numbers as before the box was checked.
    *Goes to check*

Oh, weird! My other versions have it working as expected, so something must have gotten misplaced when I updated. Should have it fixed in a jiffy. Thanks for pointing this out!

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

I just found this - awesome!

Have you thought about creating a similar product but for the DEFENSIVE side of things? A damage taken per round calculator.

If my AC is X and the bad guy has an attack bonus of Y, Z attacks/round for ABC damage each and all the permutations of ADV/DISADV, resistance, saves, etc?

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by Hortonman View Post
    v2.41: This issue has been fixed! Thanks for reporting it! Apparently somehow it got messed up in a prior update (since it was working in other versions), should be fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by da newt View Post
    I just found this - awesome!

Have you thought about creating a similar product but for the DEFENSIVE side of things? A damage taken per round calculator.

If my AC is X and the bad guy has an attack bonus of Y, Z attacks/round for ABC damage each and all the permutations of ADV/DISADV, resistance, saves, etc?
    Wouldn't this essentially be the same thing? One person's damage per round is another person's damage taken per round.
    Last edited by LudicSavant; 2020-04-09 at 04:34 PM.