Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: TW: Imperium IC

1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: TW: Imperium IC

Spoiler: Arnos, Berger, Voss: PMs
    Show
    "This conversation is difficult. I have learned some information that I cannot ignore. After much internal debate, I offer this bold statement. The House Laramy cannot be allowed to take the Hallow Throne. It is a house stricken by two weak leaders that constantly fight, and it's history is doused in its own blood."

I present this:
    No one has given any inclination of acceptance. And I will not do this without Unanimous support.

Berger
    I ask you to join me in this undertaking. We expect you to be able to provide 18 Navy. With your 4 Agents we know of, we can supply you with the remaining 14 agents needed to mask your fleet. There is one more available. The planet arrangement in the map above are your payment. Along with your sister.

Voss
    I ask you to join me in this undertaking. With your support, we will grant you these territories. We will continue to honor our defensive pact.
    I expect you to be able to supply 10 Navy and 10 Agents

If you have any other terms, let us know. ((I am assuming the previous arrangement to be completed))

Arnos
    I ask you to join me in this. Three planets fully built is worth more than an empty planet. Perhaps this will be enough to garner your backing. Help me, and will help support you in whatever endeavors.

We expect you to provide 8 Navy and 8 Agents.

(((OOC)))Overview
    The proposal here is an end of turn that will end the Laramy control. I will continue to allow the siblings to live under a prisoner of war scenario. They will still be treated as nobles.

I believe that this force of 46 fleet should be able to be masked by an equal number of 46 Agents. If any house can provide a covered (1 of each) unit we will gladly accept them. I am assuming that any fleet of House Laramy will fight any secret fleet. I also assume that any Agents will negate any of our agents and any navy covered by them will have to flee the area.

Spoiler: Zaqaru: PM
    Show
    Bolkas thinks for a long time. He pulls Ayallal into his lap and runs his hands through her hair and combs it with his fingers. "A moment please."

After a long amount of time he stops. He pulls Ayallal's face up to him and kisses her. "If I am your price, then I must accept. What's more, we will use our courts to speak well of your name across the lands. But I think that there will be no honor from this war."

Bolkas releases her, but sits very close. "This might be done without declarations. Without words and pomp. A silent takeover and removal. There will be no other factors. After it is complete, we can help Excagon in exchange for prestige and their blessings. They hold sway over many of the noble houses.

If you can supply 10 Navy and 10 Agents to this, It just may work."
    Last edited by LimSindull; 2019-08-08 at 07:20 PM.
    "I'll get a cool quote, just you wait."
    Here is the backdrop to the first Campaign in my Titan Blood World.
    Bastilonis

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Spoiler: House Gilkara: PM
    Show
    Ayallal Attar eagerly sits on his lap and smiles as he combs his fingers through her hair before kissing her. She looks happy when he accepts being her price.

When he releases her, she sits closely next to him. She smiles as she imagines the plan, the actions being done. There’s a clear like on her face and she looks at him with desire. “It’s fantastic.” But then her mood turns more grim. “Excagon will never accept such help. You’re talking about an illegal war. Everybody involved will be deemed war criminals. It would allow Persephone to take the title of Queen and those who swear fealty are likely to become enemies of all involved. If not many other Houses who would clamour against such actions, such as House Kelse and House Greenflame. I doubt you will find a willingness amongst the suggested parties to participate.”

“I don’t see how I can convince Duke Nabuna Zaqaru.” She sighs with regret, then looks at Bolkas Gilkara with a hopeful gaze, yearning for an argument that would allow her to do so.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-08 at 01:35 PM.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

The Grand Conference of Hallow
    Queen Persephone nods at Torbin's words. "I will respect your worlds and offer you no harm. In return will you acknowledge that I am Queen of Hallow even if you state no fealty to me?"

----

Queen Persephone makes overtures to House Jinks to accept their vassalage, but surprisingly House Jinks, Kelse, and Yetterbus all pack up and go back to Liness. A few months later news filters back that House Jinks and House Kelse have signed a white peace.

The rest of the nobles have mostly settled their terms and plans are underway for the final days of the conference when pledges will be made and treaties signed.

The Zaqaru Ball
    Menard laughs, "And you are offering your own support of course. Unfortunately I am too old for love at first. A single conversation no matter how deep does not form a stable basis for partnership. However if you would to pursue the matter I would be honored if you visited me in Birqu."

----

Liesse shrugs, "There's serious drudgery, and then there are serious adventures. You fight pirates and thieves. No doubt you have some captivating stories of your exploits. You must share them with me!" She gives him an excited look.

Zaqaru Dynasty
    Spoiler: House Starosta [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    You may.

Spoiler: House Vastadd [Enigma: 6]
    Show
    "It's not always about the threat. There is also the possibility of reward. In this case we judge that getting into the good graces of Persephone will yield future dividends.

Spoiler: House Voss [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    No it is not.

Spoiler: House Arnos [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru,

It's quite simple. Based on our political assessment, and one we know is shared by numerous other houses, Persephone has no current plans to go to war to enforce her will on the Hallow houses. So the only reason we should be asked to support another House in a war is if they are either planning an offensive action or some ploy to provoke House Laramy into a war. Neither of which we desire to get involved with.

Specifically though House Gilkara asked for our support in fighting Persephone, which we have little interest in.

Duke Raudos Arnos

Spoiler: House Gadhavi [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Lady Sun,

We would need to have a team of our xenobiologists examine the corpse to analyze its state and which organs are salvagable. In liue of that I am willing to offer [14 Trade] for immediate purchase.

Duke Gadhavi

House Greenflame
    Spoiler: The Freeholds [Enigma: PM]
    Show
    There are three Freehold leaders at the meeting. One is large muscular man wearing rough clothing. The second is a stark woman in military uniform. And the last is another man in a formal suit. They introduce themselves as Markus Kline, Lydia Pollert, and Reynold Drake respectively.

Markus speaks first after the introductions, "Alright Farid we all know each other now, and you've made your speech, but we've heard this sort of thing before. And who knows maybe you really mean it. I've met honorable nobles before so I know it happens. But what we want to know is what kind of garantuee that anything we negotiate holds past you."

House Gilkara
    Spoiler: House Arnos [Enigma: PM]
    Show
    The promise of those systems is enticing, but House Arnos is honorable. We could pledge to an open war under these terms, but not this grand piracy.

Spoiler: House Berger [Enigma: PM]
    Show
    And why should I pledge fealty to you. If anything we have the better claim to the throne. You forget that my price also includes the support of House Laramy in my wars. That is not merely open to any potential liege lord. House Laramy has a vast armada with which to support me. According to my last reports your fleet is only a fraction of the size.

Spoiler: House Voss [Enigma: PM]
    Show
    This is an ambitious scheme, but I wish to know what the end game is. Suppose everything goes to plan and House Laramy is crushed, then what happens? Do our spies and fleets remain forever entangled on their worlds hoping that no one will notice our own worlds are undefended. Or do we pull back and House Laramy recovers itself. Sorely wounded, but also in dire need of vengeance.

4. - Top - End - #334

RogueGuy

Inside Zaqaru Space
    "Thank you," Arnadred hops past Aburnar and moves towards the lockers. She pulls out her earrings and takes off her dress and stores them both in one of the lockers. She contemplates for a moment before pulling out the looser fitting pants from the casual clothing choice and the tighter shirt and jacket from the science outfit. She stretches out in everything to test their durability and then turns to take her seat.

The realization of what she has done sets in. "I'm sorry Aburnar." She says worriedly and approaches her seat. "Did I… did you see anything? I'm used to being watched at all times I didn't think about privacy. I hope I haven't offended you."

She sits down wearily. She leans in when Aburnar begins talking.
    "And look at us now, in space, a moment without worries, tucked away to the future, just being able to enjoy the star filled view. It’s wonderful, though the greatest star sits besides me.”
    Arnadred reaches up and caresses Aburnar's face, "You are too kind." She leans in to kiss him.

After a moment she asks, "Do you still want to see Filo?"

Show
    Bolkas matches Ayallal's grin for a moment. "Berger wants military support. Too much for us to offer. Voss would be willing, but Arnos is too honorable, much like your own house. If only there was some way to convince them."

The room flashes in front of Bolkas, his eyes bring every nook and cranny, and every hiding place that he would think to use in front of him. "Is this a safe room? No recordings? Or should we go for a walk?"

When he is comforted in his dilemma, he opens up, "We should look towards the future. If you wish for prestige, we should band together to push to help Excagon. If your Duke has something he would like to ask of Torbin, he should, and soon." His face drops with these words. "He'll most likely back Persephone independently to avoid a war. But Filo is so proud."

He changes subjects, "I came here with a girl, I expect she has found a mate and is presenting herself to your court for marriage. If acceptable, we'll push for a treaty. Is there any way that we can help plan your expansion? We will need a strong ally if we are ever to free ourselves from the Laramy and their fratricide."

He turns to Ayallal and pulls her to him. "Let us think of the future, we may need your Duke's backing in the years to come."

Spoiler: Zaqaru: Enigma 5
    Show
    The Arbiter bows. "My lady, I am not permitted to joke to Nobles. If Aburnar is not here, and Arnadred is absent as well, it is my immediate assumption to expect foul play. Is there any way that you can confirm these two are not in danger?"

Spoiler: Exile's Consortium: PM
    Show
    We are performing an investigation. It's not above board. Are you familiar with the Kisko Incident? The heirs to the throne were murdered in a vast… well that's what we are trying to find out.

I'd like your backing to help our research along. According to our records, House Tehrani has a warp gate Archive. I believe seven Agents will be effective enough to take its contents for our house if anything else can be found, such as university or military equipment, we would like that as well.
    House Forshe also has a warp gate as well as a technology Archive. I believe 8 agents will be effective here. We would like both of these archives and the equipment such as university or military.

For this, we can provide the agreed upon thirty equipment, and another nine market throughout the next decade or so. I understand that you'll request additional market for every couple of years that it takes to pay back. Most of our advisors are busy with this Hallow business, so we will be short staffed. After that, we should be able to push for more production.

Let us know what you would like us to start working on next for you.
    Bastilonis

5. - Top - End - #335

The Exiles' Consortium

Enigma 5

Spoiler: House Greenflame
    Show
    Dr. Yarro,

A loan of [4 Trade] is a simple matter, and the repayment plan you have offered is acceptable.

We have an an agreement.

-O

Spoiler: House Mertens
    Show
    I can certainly appreciate wanting to push your own products. I have an interest in purchasing one set of Goldsmith Pattern Orbital Refineries and one set of the Kladith Logistics Nodes. We will deliver the payment of [4 Trade] to House Mertens in the near future.

-O

Spoiler: Shadda Cabal
    Show
    Greetings.

The Consortium has been aware of you for some time now. We are curious, is there anything the Cabal desires? Anything the Cabal trades?

-O

Spoiler: House Gilkara PM
    Show
    "I am passingly familiar with the incident."

The masked one pauses.

"Two jobs. While I am not comfortable splitting my agents, it can be done. I am unfamiliar with whatever schematics or equipment these houses possess, but we'll see what my agents can acquire in addition to the research archives. Splitting into two teams will reduce the potential of a greater yield, however."

Another pause.

"As for payment, allow me to flesh out the specifics. Subtracting the equipment you will be providing the agents, a debt of [9 Trade] is incurred by House Gilkara. The Consortium is owed additional [1 Trade] for every 5 years the debt remains. This is agreeable, yes?"
    Last edited by Psilulz; 2019-08-09 at 12:41 AM.
    Many thanks to Derjuin for my awesome alhoon avatar!

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Show
    “Only we know what is happening here.” Ayallal Attar assures Bolkas Gilkara.

“I am fine talking about the future and alternatives, but first I wish to discuss the present.” Ayallal Attar looks at Bolkas Gilkara. “From you words, several unknowns are tackled and you have actually moved closer. House Voss is willing, House Berger shows interest. House Arnos, I do not understand.” Pulled against him, she looks in his eyes inquisitively. “All those participating should offer enough military, so what do you mean with military support for House Berger? As for House Arnos, you speak of honour. Do they want prestige too?”

7. - Top - End - #337

RogueGuy

Torbin looks over the Hallow Conference. "We have heard no counterclaims or reasons for denial yet. As such, we cannot contest or reject your claim to the Hallow Throne."

Show
    We are willing to take less overall for the specific archives. If we are to understand the incident, we must have background information. For your price, we can accept. Would a trade hub be an acceptable payment in the future?
    ((OOC) I think that is a 9 value.)

Show
    Berger wants support for some future war. He's planning some war and wants the Laramy backing.

Arnos simply won't do an underhanded tactic. But he would be willing for a formal war. We will continue to probe him to see what kind of alliance he will be willing to form.
    Bastilonis

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Show
    “Strange. I would have figured that the gains from this action would be sufficient for such a goal. If he wants another war, he would be in an excellent position to recruit everybody involved again. After all, the power of Laramy would then lie in each of those hands.” Ayallal Attar pierces the distance with her eyes before turning her gaze back to Bolkas Gilkara. “As for Duke Raudos Arnos, if that’s all he asks, why do you hesitate? The pomp and declarations may not be as stylish, but would be without the political fallout.”

Aburnar waves it away when she asks if she offended him. “I did not see anything.” He does look now and smiles warmly at her.
    “Do you still want to see Filo?”
    Arnadred asks of Aburnar, to which he adamantly responds: “Absolutely.”

Zaqaru Ball

Eshkit Zaqaru courtsies towards Duke Menard Lacross. “It would be my honour to visit you in Birqu.”

Sangezi Zaqaru starts to tell Lady Liesse Voss a story of chasing down pirates through the asteroid fields and of another story, where a routine patrol starts off as boring but due to careful detection leads to uncovering smugglers hiding in the remains of an old outpost. “For all their foul language, once their weapons were taken out, they were easy to arrest and bring in.” Sangezi finishes.

In the time after the Zaqaru Ball, Eshkit Zaqaru visits Duke Menard Lacross in the Duchy of Birqu. Upon arrival, she starts to court him. She invites him to several romantic events, but also proves a willingness to help him in different instances or simply be there to talk to. Given her scientific background, she’s eager to discuss all kinds of scientific fields, showing to be a kind of dilettante, most specialized in aerodynamics.

That same kind of scientific knowledge is an asset in helping wherever needed and with her noble education, she can handle many fields. When working, she is more than capable, but shows a kind of laziness after an extended time of being busy. In the time something catches her interest, this laziness is actually to the benefit of the results as she will work to automate or improve processes to avoid dull work, increasing efficiency. When work becomes a chore, she is eager to move on or her productivity drops considerably.

In a similar vein, her courting of Duke Menard Lacross is done with passion at the start, but should her advances go without response, she will eventually move back to Zaqaru. In a relation, she seeks somebody to exchange scientific ideas with, but also somebody to just spend time with, finding her life alone to be just alone. She also admits to some pressure from her family members to attend the Zaqaru Ball and look around for a match, with Duke Menard Lacross obviously being a great catch and their relation forming a basis for a non-aggression pact. Yet she assures she is of her own accord.

She can be temperate and in conversation she is mild and can be reasoned with. She enjoys the different things in life, but not in extremes. In conversation she remains mild in word, though in action she shows a vicious streak against those who wrong her. She harbours grudges against perceived slights and when working, while remaining polite, she can be brutal in her demands of those working with her, showing no mercy in her demands and being uncaring to others. An appeal to her empathy is unlikely to work in such cases, though an appeal to her rationality has a much greater chance.

Capable of increasing effectiveness of where she goes and pushing everybody to their limits while at it until her interest wanes, as long as her interest is drawn to new subjects, she is unlikely to tire in a relation. Her negative traits she tries to moderate in Duke Menard Lacross’ presence, but during their period of courting, they will be obvious enough.

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Lacross
    Show
    Duke Menard Lacross will also find out that Eskhit Zaqaru’s hobby is Paragliding and variants thereof.

OOC: The above assume Duke Menard Lacross allows Eskhit Zaqaru to attempt to court him, giving her some room to prove herself in his domain.

Spoiler: House Vastadd
    Show
    “Favours.” Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru nods. He acknowledges it a valid answer to his question. “Alright, that’s understandable. Thank you for giving this valuable insight.” With little else to ask at the Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru politely ends the conversation according to etiquette.

Spoiler: House Gilkara
    Show
    “I find it unpleasant you use the cover of a marriage contract to find out about the one you are intended to guard. You should have brought that up directly.” Sili Zaqaru looks annoyed, as that would have squarely put it in the domain of somebody else, instead of she having to deal with it now. “I’ll need to look into it, give me a moment.” She says before leaving.

Spoiler: House Voss
    Show
    Dear Duchess Brechtje Voss,

I acknowledge your clarification. Considering the earlier question whether to have House Gilkara join our defensive pact against Laramy, I remain reserved. As I previously mentioned, Tatarus has contacted House Berger, alluding to an opportunity to have them use their fleet against House Gilkara. You have not stated what you think on this matter, though you have joined a defensive pact with House Gilkara.

Regarding my previous mention of seeking out House Arnos to join the defensive pact, know that Duke Raudos Arnos has expressed no interest. He assesses that Crown Princess Persephone Laramy does not plan to go to war to enforce her will on the Hallow Houses. My assessment differs, but that does not change things.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Spoiler: House Arnos
    Show
    Dear Duke Raudos Arnos,

That political assessment I do not share and that is the reason I offer this defensive pact.

Given House Gilkara’s recent declaration of independence, you would not share borders with a Laramy vassal and thus I can see why you assess Crown Princess Persephone Laramy will not attack, thus rendering a defensive pact unneeded.

As we have a different perspective on things I, as previously mentioned, understand why this offer holds little value to you.

Out of idle curiosity as we are conversing, might I inquire what would hold value to you?

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Spoiler: House Gadhavi
    Show
    Dear Duke Gadhavi,

I am happy to accept your offer for immediate purchase in exchange for [14 Trade]. After confirmation on your end that we have an agreement, I will send the Nebula Hydra to House Gadhavi.

Yours sincerely,
    Lady Sun
    Assistant of Grand Diplomat Ninu Zaqaru, Robot Unicorn Princess

Show
    To the first encountered, searing for the Light of Alu.

“Hello! This is Grand Diplomat Ninu Zaqaru, Robot Unicorn Princess. You’re the ones searching for the Light of Alu, right? I met with another group who called themselves the Shadda Cabal too and called your group heretics, saying that the Light of Alu is in your heart. Could you tell me more about what is going on between your two groups?” Grand Diplomat Ninu Zaqaru asks, all chipper and dandy.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-10 at 03:11 PM.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

Grand Conference of Hallow
    In response to Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru Archduke Alexander Laramy nods, "It does Lord Zaqaru. I have heard fine things of your House, and your presence will not doubt serve as a fine counter weight to many of the more radical elements here."

"Perhaps you would join me later to discuss the future path of the Imperium."

-----

After several weeks of negotiations the framework of the treaties have been negotiated, or proven too intractable to work, and the Houses of Hallow have made their various positions clear. There will be more technical discussions later outlining the finer points of what is expected of each party, but that is a topic for mentats and advisors to pour over in exquisite detail. For the greater nobility there is one final ceremony to lead to the conference closing.

To start Archduke Alexander swears loyalty as Duke of Esterville to Queen Persephone of Hallow. A keen observer would note that he is specifically does not give up his own claim on that title only acknowledging Persephone's primacy in the matter.

Next is House Mertens. An old ally of House Laramy it isn't a surprise that Duke Mertens swears his own fealty now that Persephone Laramy is in the ascendant and her House has stabilized.

Third is Duke Ernst Berger who swears fealty to the Queen with a grin on his face that is somewhat unbecoming for the solemn ceremony. Rumors among the houses are that he wrung some serious concessions out of Laramy to earn his support.

Finally is House Vastadd. Duchess Vastadd swears her fealty with several omissions in the sections regarding warfare and service to the throne. It seems that House Vastadd's fealty is more nominal than a true state of vassalage.

At that point the ceremony is officially over, but the show continues as the other Houses give their forms of support or not. Duchess Voss and Duke Arnos both acknowledge Queen Persephone's right to the Pale Throne in return for her acknowledgement of their sovereign territories in Hallow.

House Excagon's envoy delivers their House's formal acknowledgment as well. Likely in hopes of getting into Queen Persephone's good graces. House Jinks and House Kelse are conspicuously absent despite their earlier appearance. Word among the lesser nobles is that they arranging a white peace with each other for reasons no one else is privy to.

The Exiles' Consortium
    Spoiler: House Mertens [Enigma: 6]
    Show
    Very well, we will have your goods shipped to the system of your choice. Thank you for doing business with House Mertens.

Spoiler: The Shadda Cabal [Enigma: Who is this.]
    Show
    Manny Things. Manyy Thinngs. But we deal in sights and sounds beyond the veil. What do you wish for Outsider?

House Zaqaru
    Spoiler: House Voss [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Dear Duke Nabuna Zaqaru
    We fully expect that House Berger will wage war on either us or House Gilkara in the near future. It was one of the reasons we agreed to a full defense pact with them.

Our assessment agrees with Duke Arnos. We find it unlikely that Queen Persephone would attack him. She might not like him, but currently she has greater priorities. Starting with Archduke Alexander, then the Democratic Collective, then House Gilkara, then House Voss, then House Arnos, and finally your own Zaqaru Dynasty. If nothing else had occurred by the time she worked her way down her list, then its possible she would attack House Arnos, but we expect that to take some decades and the situation will likely have changed by then.

The only reason she would have to go to war directly with the Hallow Houses is if enough of them denied her claims as to impede her succession to Queen of Hallow. And even if that occurred House Arnos has so few territories in Hallow as to be of little concern there.

Duchess Brechtje Voss

Spoiler: House Arnos [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru,

I desire control of the Waterton cluster. House Gilkara has impeded me there, and we are at an impasse in what they are asking for it.

Duke Raudos Arnos

Spoiler: House Gadhavi [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Lady Sun,

The bargain is made then. And we at House Gadhavi look forward to many fine dealings in the future.

Duke Gadhavi

Spoiler: The Shadda Cabal [Enigma: What's all this then]
    Show
    Dear Dear Rainbow Princess. Have you run afoul of those dogmatic fools who pervert the teachings of Alu. The fouled fiends follow a symbolic doctrine that would have you abandon the true light for an easier path of self reflection.

Do not listen to the heretic Shadda Cabal. They don't know that true enlightnement comes from without in the blazing rays of Alu's children and wandering the void folds.

10. - Top - End - #340

The Exiles' Consortium

Enigma 5

Spoiler: The Shadda Cabal
    Show
    What a curious enigma pattern. I should like to know more about that. But I am most curious about viable colony sites, or existing settlements, outside of the Imperium, or at least pockets where the void is stable. I also seek whatever information you have about the Kisko Incident.
    -O

Spoiler: House Mertens
    Show
    A pleasure doing business, neighbor.
    -O

Spoiler: House Gilkara PM
    Show
    No construction will be necessary. Simple trade is actually preferable.
    Many thanks to Derjuin for my awesome alhoon avatar!

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

Grand Conference of Hallow

“Thank you for your kind words, Archduke Alexander Laramy.” Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru acknowledges this formally. “I would be more than happy to discuss the future path of the Imperium with you, or anybody else.”

While present, Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru does not join the final ceremony on the basis of not representing a Hallow House.

Zaqaru Ball

Sangezi Zaqaru tries to kindly make Lady Liesse Voss have a pleasant time on the Zaqaru Ball. Eventually, he will give other potential suitors a chance to dance with her. At the Zaqaru Ball, he really tried showed his Kind and Charitable side in behaviour and telling stories. As Officer, he knows combat. However, as far removed cousin to Duke Nabuna Zaqaru, a marriage would only result in improved relations between Voss and Zaqaru.

Sinma Zaqaru, son of Duke Nabuna Zaqaru and one of the heir candidates, is a much greater catch, renowned for his actions in the Quest for Zanadu. He has many women around him, listening to his bold stories about his crucial support in the search and the battle against the Nebula Hydra.

Enigma 7

Show
    Should Lady Liesse Voss not take any other steps, she will find Sangezi Zaqaru trying to start courting her after the Zaqaru Ball, by first sending gifts and asking to meet several times. Should she allow it, he shows an affectionate and romantic side, though with his own flaws as Sangezi Zaqaru has an envious and cynical streak.
    Should she deny his avances, he will be courteous in response and leave her alone.

Show
    Should Duke Menard Lacross allow Eskhit Zaqaru to continue her avances, she will eventually approach him with a marriage proposal. This would result in a non-aggression pact between House Lacross and House Zaqaru for 20 prestige. Should he ignore her avances, she will give up and return to Zaqaru.

Spoiler: House Gadhavi
    Show
    Dear Duke Gadhavi,

The Nebula Hydra is on its way to you as agreed. Thank you for your business and should we find something of this like in the future, we will know who to contact.

Yours sincerely,
    Lady Sun

Spoiler: House Okeke
    Show
    Dear Duchess Akachi Okeke,

As agreed, I have reached out to House Gadhavi to sell the Nebula Hydra corpse. We have struck a deal of [14 Trade] for the Nebula Hydra corpse. As previously stated, House Okeke’s share is 48.89%. By my calculations, this results in the following share of House Okeke:

10 Prestige
    24 Trade

Please confirm this share and I will ensure everything is distributed accordingly.

Yours sincerely,
    Lady Sun

Show

Thank you for sharing your own insights. Unfortunately, they do little to alleviate my own concerns, instead reinforcing them. Therefore I am unwilling to extend our shared defensive pact against House Laramy to House Gilkara.

I do find it very notable that the faction which overthrew House Xinclair and is composed out of exiles and outcasts did not make your assessment list, despite controlling three systems in Hallow. I urge you to explain why they did not make the list.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Show
    Dear Duke Raudos Arnos,

I understand your desire given your position. If am to understand you and Duke Torbin Gilkara well enough, it seems that you both have a mismatch in price of one another.

I do not know what they are asking for it currently, but perhaps if you are able to offer a system of likewise value in return, he might be amenable to a swap.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Show
    “I indeed have run into them! I was surprised to see such a fracture in your teachings and I’m curious as to whatever caused this. Travelling through the void to find the light sounds much more like my kind of thing. Also, who is this am I talking to?”

Spoiler: House Excagon
    Show
    At the Grand Conference of Hallow, Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru approaches the envoy of House Excagon and exchanges the official greetings, sticking to formal etiquette before taking up the word.

“I understood you have a desire to see the Cordoba sector under your control, which likely entails the two systems in Roselyn currently outside your grasp as well. If you would have another House, or several, to provide the fleets to assault the Collective, with Excagon providing the leaders to bolster their strength, would you be willing to share control over the sector? Please note, I am not asking for Zaqaru, but I am aware of a potential opportunity.”

Spoiler: House de Pantou
    Show
    Dear Earl Varrais de Pantou,

Thank you for your assistance in the Quest for Zanadu. The Prometheus Expeditionary Cruiser was a great asset in the search and stood as example of the advance of science.

I want House de Pantou to continue working for Zaqaru. Become my vassal and I will grant you a place on the Zaqaru Council as Grand Scientist of Zaqaru, leading the research endeavours to bring Zaqaru to ever greater scientific advancements.

Refuse and I will not forget.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-12 at 03:44 PM.

12. - Top - End - #342

RogueGuy

Arnadred leans into Aburnar and they stand in front of the confused guards who refrain from pointing weapons directly at the young couple, but keep their weapons readied. "This area is restricted, only those with proper clearance can come here, and no one is allowed to fly here without prior authorization from one of the Gilkara. Hand over the vehicle and don't make a fuss."

Arnadred waves her hand towards the guard and says, "Clearance Romeo Foxtrot Gulf." She turns to Aburnar and tells him, "You'll have everything you need. We are very efficient at maintaining resources. You'll be able to expand any area of study that you wish. Economic, military, maybe even warp gates." She smiles and the guard slowly finds himself back in her vision.

"Excuse me mam. I… you'll have to come with me while I confirm that. Glordek hasn't mentioned anything about a visitor." The guards pass a look of worry between them.

"That's fine. Gilkara thanks you for your diligence. Inform Glordek that he'll need to clear my love and grant him full access to everything." She turns toward Aburnar and beams a smile at him. Then turns back.

The guards take position around them and the mood shifts from puzzlement to duty.

Show
    "Our hesitation comes from the hurdle of the wars ahead. We are the easiest accessible target for the war if our enemies band together. Steel has the tactical knowledge to use the battlefield to their advantage, and it seems that Persephone might be wise enough to listen.

We are also hesitant to cause bad faith in our sector. Without the possibility of ascension ourselves, we may only cause to Martyr the Laramy Family and label ourselves disruptor of the Imperium."

Show
    To the Noble Zaqaru Dynasty,

It is the pleasure of House Gilkara and the Filo nation to welcome one of your own into our fold. We wish to seek an arrangement between our two Families in order to establish and uphold the union between Arnadred Gilkara and Aburnar Zaqaru. We humbly request your blessing for this arrangement between the two. They seem to deeply cherish one another and are nearly inseparable.

House Gilkara is willing to form a non aggression pact with the word of our Duke. Given recent developments in the Hallow system, we would also like to take this opportunity to push for a defensive treaty. We have been told that you will take this treaty as if a full treaty and Alliance. House Gilkara is willing to join such an alliance.

((OOC offering 25 prestige to create a defensive pact))

Show
    "Very well. If trade is preferred, it will be the payment."

Show
    Would you be interested in a joint force to push the DCOTP out of the Roselyn system?

Spoiler: Greenflame: Enigma 5
    Show
    Would you be interested in a joint force to push the DCOTP out of the Roselyn system?
    Last edited by LimSindull; 2019-08-13 at 07:00 AM.
    Bastilonis

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Aburnar is greatly impressed as Arnadred opens paths before him he could scarce but dream of. With greed starting to appear in his eyes he looks at the path before him, the opportunities, the offered possibilities Arnadred spells out.

He looks at Arnadred, his heart beating faster and pulling her closer to him as he smiles, wider than usual. “You’re amazing.” He whispers, repeating it louder when they leave the guards behind them.

Show
    "That's a shame. Sure, there's risk. But it seems that not all is within your reach then." Ayallal Attar looks disappointed.

"I admit, it's a lot of risk, because the price of failure is high. Though to think House Gilkara would be primarily targeted if it is House Berger declared himself claimant to the throne, that speaks of fear."

She laughs. "Then I'll join you in fear. Fear of the power of Persephone growing upon her rise to Queen, where she will take my precious Bolkas away from me. Be careful of her."

Enigma 7

Show
    Dear Arbiter of Gilkara,

I offer my congratulations to both Arnadred Gilkara and Aburnar Zaqaru for finding each other as partners. I hope their future is bright and wish them well.

However, I have been informed by his mother, Sili Zaqaru, of several suspicious circumstances after I saw the two dancers at the Zaqaru Ball. With recent events in the Imperial sector, I find a non aggression pact to be too forward at this time. Especially given Aburnar Zaqaru is merely my cousin, not a close relative. Let us first build a bond of trust, with their relation a symbol towards future prosperity between our families.

Should the two find their love strong enough for marriage when Arnadred Gilkara reaches adulthood, with both willing adults bringing their lives together, I look forward to an invitation to a marriage.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Spoiler: Excagon Family
    Show
    At the Grand Conference of Hallow, where Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru speaks with the envoy of House Excagon, he seems momentarily distracted. “It seems the opportunity is drawing closer fast. Should you wish to make use of it, please go to the Marble Diplomatic Room. I will invite the other parties there.” (OOC: Go to Excagon Family, House Arnos, House Gilkara message.)

Show
    At the Grand Conference of Hallow, Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru approaches Duke Raudos Arnos. He offers a very polite greeting, following all the etiquette with gracefulness and expertise, before taking up the subject he wishes to speak about. “I am aware you have spoken with my Liege regarding a desire of yours. Perhaps we can make it a reality as an opportunity dawns which could convince the one holding the object of your desire. Should you wish to make use of it, please go to the Marble Diplomatic Room. I will offer another invitation and then join you.” (OOC: Go to Excagon Family, House Arnos, House Gilkara message.)

Show
    At the Grand Conference of Hallow, Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru seeks out Duke Torbin Gilkara and offers a very polite greeting, following all the etiquette with gracefulness and expertise, before taking up the subject he wishes to speak about. “I am aware of a message you sent to Zaqaru involving the Roselyn system. I have already approached others who may have aligning interests. I invite you to join me in conversation.” He beckons for Duke Torbin Gilkara to take the lead to a directed location to the Marble Diplomat Room. (OOC: Go to Excagon Family, House Arnos, House Gilkara message.)

Spoiler: Excagon Family, House Arnos, House Gilkara
    Show
    (OOC: Due to time reasons, I am assuming the invitees show up. If this is not the case, we can fix it.)

Duke Torbin Gilkara walks with Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru in the Marble Diplomat Room, a meeting room for the different envoys in a more private setting than the primary Hall. The invited parties assemble, with a representative from the envoy of the Excagon Family present, Duke Raudos Arnos, Duke Torbin Gilkara nd Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru himself. Again, he follows etiquette closely, introducing everybody to each other, acknowledging the superiority of the Dukes versus his own title of Earl, only taking up word when being acknowledged himself.

“Thank you all for coming. I have gathered you here, because I feel the interests of each present here forms a good basis for cooperation.”

He turns to the representative of the Excagon Family. “The Excagon Family have made public they seek control of the territories held by the Collective in the Rayview Sector.”

Moving over to Duke Torbin Gilkara, he mentions: “House Gilkara approached Zaqaru with an interest to liberate certain systems in the Rayview sector of the Collective control.”

Gesturing towards Duke Raudos Arnos, he explains: “House Arnos and House Gilkara are at an impasse in certain negotiations, which I hope to break here.”

Then he points to himself. “My desire is to see the power of the Collective weakened.”

“I wish to make a proposal, in hopes of fulfilling each of our desires.”

He turns his gaze to Duke Raudos Arnos. “Please assist in the liberation of the systems in the Rayview Sector from the Collective, without demanding control over a system. In exchange...”

Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru turns to Duke Torbin Gilkara. “...please grant House Arnos the final system in the Waterton Duchy. Offer assistance in the liberation of the systems in the Rayview Sector from the Collective. In exchange…”

Turning to the Excagon Family representative. “...please share the liberated systems with House Gilkara as you liberate the systems in the Rayview Sector.”

“With the military might of House Arnos and House Gilkara, backed by the capable leaders (OOC: Court) of the Excagon Family, it would mean a strong force to weaken the Collective’s hold over the Imperium. If the Excagon Family, with their fine reputation, may approach House Laramy to attack and defend elsewhere, to exert maximum pressure on the Collective, I believe victory to be within reach.”

“What do each of you say?”

14. - Top - End - #344

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Arnos, Zaqaru, Excagon: Enigma 5
    Show
    "Our main concern is that we have given Earl Duri Domingo our word that we would make him a count. Perhaps Arnos would prefer a Roselyn system?

For the battle itself, we would be happy to have support from your houses. If Arnos fees that the price must be the Waterton System, then we will relent if one of the Roselyn systems is available to us, Excagon will speak well of the Gilkara family with their extensive influence, and Earl Duri Domingo is made a count."

Show
    "I understand your position. You and your family will of course be invited."

Show
    "I will be careful of her. But what of us? Are we still going to have our grand adventure?"
    Bastilonis

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Exiles' Consortium
    Spoiler: The Shadda Cabal [Enigma: Nothing to see here.]
    Show
    We have maps through the void. Pathways to promising worlds. [1 Trade] for [5 Maps]

The Kisko Incident we know little of. It is shrouded in secrecy, and we see no profit in prying.

Zaqaru Dynasty
    Spoiler: House Voss [Enigma: 6]
    Show
    Lady Liesse seems fond of Sangezi, but she is the heir to House Voss. Unless he can bring something more than love to the table his courtship is doomed to failure.

Spoiler: House Lacross [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    (OOC: Lacross already has a non aggression pact with House Zaqaru.)

Spoiler: House Okeke [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Lady Sun,

That is an acceptable share.

Duchess Akachi Okeke

Show
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru,

So if House Berger attacks one of us would you be willing to come to our aid?

As for the exiles they have no bearing on the matter. As commoners and outcasts their word is worthless whether for or against Persephone. And like most non noble organizations they have survived by being too powerful to crush out of hand while also not being worthwhile enough to conquer.

Duchess Brechtje Voss

Spoiler: The Shadda Cabal [Enigma: Lights in the Void]
    Show
    "Rainbow Princess, names are a most valuable commodity. If you want mine then it will cost you [1 Trade]."

Spoiler: House de Pantou [Enigma: 3]
    Show
    Your Grace Zaqaru,

You honor me with your praise and offer. Forgive my ignorance, but I am not familiar with the position of Grand Scientist. What rights and responsibilities would fall to me there?

Sincerely,
    Earl Varrais de Pantou

Show
    Duke Arnos shakes his head at Namzara Zaqaru, "We've told House Gilkara this before and now we'll tell you. That system is worth a war to me. I'm happy to grant Earl Domingo the rank of count, but if you want my assistance in a war against the collective you will need to at least offer me a piece of the pie."

The Excagon Family representative seems happy with the arrangement. "if House Gilkara only wants one system, then we will be happy to do our part in this endeavor. Though we do wonder what the Zaqaru Dynasty is after in putting this together."
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2019-08-13 at 07:10 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Show
    “You mean the Steel adventure?” Ayallal Attar looks bewildered at Bolkas Gilkara. “Are you serious?”

“That does not sound like being careful. They will find out about lost items sooner or later and can demand the same Persephone to hold up to her end of protecting them as liege. Considering she is looking to gain a lot of power, with even House Berger accepting vassalage, the risk has increased since we first spoke of it. Should they find out the involvement, she will have enough cause to bring the fight to House Gilkara using the power backing her. Do you wish to take that risk?”

Enigma 7

Show
    Sangezi Zaqaru has little to offer himself, but a marriage does give improved relations between the two families and a non-aggression pact may be formed on basis of their marriage under the right terms, possibly even an alliance. Without marriage ties, Zaqaru will not consider an alliance.

Still, Sangezi Zaqaru knows his chances were unlikely from the start and holds no grudge if his efforts are declined.

Show
    Zaqaru is willing to sign another non-aggression pact to reinforce the backing of non-aggression between Zaqaru and House Lacross.

Show

Considering those same exiles hold three systems in the Hallow Sector, just as yourself, and even more than House Arnos. I see worth for anybody sitting on the Pale Throne. While they might have been too powerful to crush out of hand initially, with the power of vassals backing the same Throne, that becomes within reach. As no Hallow noble would object to drive the control of Exiles out of the sector, it seems a valid candidate to pay attention to, unless as you say, the loyalty of the populace is more trouble than it's worth. Considering they were part of House Xinclair before, there still seems solid basis to turn their allegiance back to the Imperium, however.

As for your question of aid. Should House Berger attack House Gilkara, I see no reason to support House Gilkara. Duke Torbin Gilkara would have brought this on himself, giving the aggressive and ambitious war goals set on the war declaration against House Berger by House Gilkara and House Greenflame. He desired to strip Duke Ernst Berger of everything, so I understand a desire for payback on House Berger's end.

Should House Berger attack House Voss, the situation is different and it would depend there on whether I would offer you support. If House Berger has become but a puppet to House Laramy and seek to make House Voss vassal to House Laramy, I would most definitely offer assistance. Should Duke Ernst Berger on the other hand wish to reignite the previous war to bring his sister Anna Berger in his domain, I consider this an issue between your two Houses and will keep myself from it without further reason to get involved.

Should you wish to avert war with House Berger, I am willing to consider a joint effort to turn his attention away, if sufficiently worthwhile. No doubt Duke Ernst Berger desires expansion, so the two of us could offer him to join a campaign to claim space from the enemies of the Imperium, such as for example the Collective. This could well prove the basis for a fruitful cooperation between the three of us moving forward. What do you think of such an idea?

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Show
    “To see the enemy of the Imperium, the Collective, weakened, ofcourse.” Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru states simply in response to the Excagon family envoy before look at the three gathered.

“There’s many options for war and territories, which may or may not be acceptable to each of you, but let me start by sketching two scenarios.”

“The first is a careful one, where war is waged against the Collective to liberate the Roselyn star cluster from the Collective. I believe it is this instance where Duke Torbin Gilkara finds it acceptable to have one system and their name elevated by the Excagon Family. In this scenario, the piece of the pie granted to Duke Raudos Arnos would be the Waterton system in exchange for war. The Excagon Family would no longer need to share the Roselyn system with the Collective anymore.”

“The second proposal is an aggressive one, where war is waged against the Collective to liberate all systems in the Rayview Sector controlled by them. I believe that in this case, Duke Torbin Gilkara and Duke Raudos Arnos would likely want a more even split of systems, with Duke Raudos Arnos offering up part of the gains in exchange for the system in the Waterton star cluster. Concretely, there are six systems, which divide nicely in three, with two each. I propose Duke Raudos Arnos gives up one of these systems to Duke Torbin Gilkara in exchange for the Waterton system, and Duke Torbin Gilkara gives up this system to the Excagon Family in exchange for having their name elevated by them. This would result in the system in Waterton going to Duke Raudos Arnos, in addition to one system in the Rayview Sector. Duke Torbin Gilkara would gain two systems in the Rayview sector and prestige, while the Excagon Family gains three systems in the Rayview sector. I feel this would fulfill each of your stated desires.”

“Just trying to help here, so if one of you have different ideas, feel free to share them. Otherwise, please share with us which of these proposals holds your preference.”

(OOC: Will answer House de Pantou later.)
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-14 at 04:47 AM.

17. - Top - End - #347

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Arnos, Zaqaru, Excagon: Enigma 5
    Show
    "If one system gained will not be enough, then we will refrain from asking Arnos to support us.

We will be using our full might against the collective for this. Our first objective will be to free the Roselyn Cluster from the Collective. Then we will try to rip them from the Cordoba cluster."

Turning to the Excagon Family representative, "We ask you to offer your support for both our Fleet and our Agents. If you can supply your agents as well, we will accept their help."

Spoiler: Zaqaru:PM
    Show
    Bolkas looks through the window quietly. His voice is sad when he speaks, "I've enjoyed my time here. So much so that I don't remember what it was that I originally approached you for." His smile warms as he talks. "It has been a very pleasant time here with you Ayallal. Keep in touch with me if you will.
    Bastilonis

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

Zaqaru Dynasty
    Spoiler: House Lacross [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Duke Menard Lacross is willing to marry Eskhit Zaqaru as he has taken a liking to her, and the agreement is nice bonus.

Show
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru,

It is something to consider, but we doubt the Collective will survive past the next few years.

Duchess Brechtje Voss

Zaqaru Dynasty Excagon Family, House Arnos, House Gilkara
    Spoiler: Meeting [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Duke Arnos shrugs, "You have my terms. If you don't want my support, then that is fine. I have other opportunities and not needing to finance a war will only allow me to pursue them more heavily."

The Excagon representative looks thoughtful, "Without Arnos this becomes a lot more difficult. We can augment House Gilkara's fleet, but the Collective is no easy target. We expect that House Laramy will not be pleased by this adventure and do what they can to impede us as well. We would prefer that the Zaqaru Dynasty offer their support for two reasons. First their military would greatly enhance our chances. And second if the Collective is as badly damaged as it likely will be, then the Infinite Republic will respond. And we want the Zaqaru to share some of the burden of their ire."

Duke Arnos nods, "Not being a target of the Infinite Republic is another reason why I would be happy to pass up this war."

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Show
    "You approached me because of the Collegiate of Sciences. Did House Gilkara get any kind of sensible response from them, by the way?" Ayallal asks as she moves against Bolkas Gilkara looking out the window, draping her arms and herself around him.

Enigma 7

Show

As Grand Scientist, you would be my head advisor concerning all scientific matters. Your responsibility would be to lead the universities in Zaqaru in their development and research, setting a vision to advance the technological level and ensuring everything is running well.

Holding a position on the Zaqaru Council, you are entitled to vote on all subjects the Council is entitled to. This includes laws, war declarations and more. Together with my Council I decide the future of Zaqaru and you would have a direct impact here.

The position of Grand Scientist is one of honour and responsibility which I offer it to you.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

[OOC] The Zaqaru Council is inspired by the Council in Crusader Kings 2, where in Zaqaru's case it is empowered with several voting rights for the Council. I have not played this up yet, as I have taken the liberty of roleplaying the earl councillors and few players have interacted directly with the councillors where this came up. With other players vassals or NPC vassals who hold several systems, they would likely be in the Council, which I would run several conversations with.

I have not worked out all the details yet of what the Council's business involves. One thing I would like to see is when Zaqaru has higher ranked vassals which give tribute such as Dukes instead of offering all their colonies like earls, the Council will be able to vote on the manner of tribute and a general direction it is used for.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-14 at 11:36 AM.

20. - Top - End - #350

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Zaqaru, Arnos, Excagon Family: Enigma 5
    Show
    "May I ask why you believe that Laramy would dislike this venture? They were just at war with the Collective.

I also asked two houses to assist in this matter, only one responded. This may not be the most opportune time for this move. Perhaps in the future we shall revisit this idea."

Show
    Bolkas smiles and puts a hand on her arm. "I didn't tell you? They were very reasonable. We have changed our focus and will no longer be targeting them. Though they would not elaborate on the Kisko Incident. Normally I would investigate further, but Alexander literally admitted what happened."

He leans up and kisses Ayallal. "Sometimes the secret is better off unkown."

Spoiler: Ytterbus: Enigma 5
    Show
    "We have heard your requests. With stability to our region, we would like to offer you ships to help with what you've found."
    Last edited by LimSindull; 2019-08-14 at 11:30 AM.
    Bastilonis

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Show
    "Before I answer the question from Excagon, I wish to know what is missing in the proposed two scenarios. Forgive me for asking, but would not the aggressive scenario meet your desire, Duke Raudos Arnos, and the careful scenario yours, Duke Torbin Gilkara? As you state interest to pursue the liberation of the entire Rayview Sector, Duke Torbin Gilkara, it's the aggressive scenario not to your liking? Or is there something else entirely I am misunderstanding between both your desires?"

22. - Top - End - #352

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Zaqaru, Arnos, Excagon Family: Enigma 5
    Show
    "I simply can't afford the cost to bring Arnos into this. Which is why I didn't turn to him. I understand his price."
    Bastilonis

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Zaqaru Dynasty
    Show
    Your Grace Zaqaru,

How much control would I have over the direction of research as Grand Scientist?

Sincerely,
    Earl Varrais de Pantou

House Gilkara
    Spoiler: House Ytterbus [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    We would welcome any aid you are willing to send.

Zaqaru Dynasty, House Arnos, House Gilkara, Excagon Family
    Show
    Duke Arnos shrugs again, "I'd be happy with one system in Roselyn and the rest of Waterton."

Excagon's representative nods, "And we'd be willing to allow that as long as we received the majority of Cordoba. As for House Laramy it's simple. We offered to supported Queen Persephone if she gave us Cordoba. She could easily do so, but she has not made any such offers. This would be understandable if she had decided to make peace with the Collective, but we have heard nothing from that angle and so must assume that their peace talks have stalled. instead we feel it likely that she intends to conquer the Collective and take Cordoba for herself."

"Our efforts would hinder her there and leave only the Collective's original territory, which is much less desirable as it will be the front line when the Infinite Republic retaliates."

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show

It will be your duty to direct the exact nature of prototypes developed for existing colonies without units or newly developed colonies as overseen by the Grand Administrator. The Grand Scientist is be the main voice of research on the Council, proposing in what manner Zaqaru should develop Archives, pursue prototypes and their blueprints or host expeditions.
    Sitting on the Council, I expect debates with the other Councillors on the best course of action for Zaqaru towards the future and for the Grand Scientist to convince myself and the other Councillors of the plans.

In this sense, you will be closely working with the Grand Administrator if desiring new colonies to develop prototypes on. Should you wish leadership for the scientists, the Grand Diplomat and myself will be the one to convince. If you have plans for assistance from outside Zaqaru, you might need to convince more of your fellow councillors to free up resources or services for a trade.

After listening carefully to each and every one of the Councillors I will make a final judgement, taking into account each of the arguments and the situation at hand. For example, during times of war, I expect a Grand Scientist to at least bring up plans for fleet prototypes to replace losses or something similar and not call for exploratory expeditions. Given this example, the exact prototype to develop is determined by the Grand Scientist based on designs proposed by the different Zaqaru Universities. As you will be able to provide Universities yourself, you clearly have an advantage in selecting designs.

Sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Show
    Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru looks at Duke Torbin Gilkara as Duke Raudos Arnos states his price. “Would that be acceptable?” He reaches out a hand, trying to, in body language, pull Duke Torbin Gilkara to make a counter offer if it is not, to prevent a simple impasse.

Turning to the Excagon representative, he continues. “That is why I suggested you to approach House Laramy if we can come to an accord. With your reputation, this may be framed in another light. After all, this allows a valuable opportunity for House Laramy to not split their forces between defense of the Imperial Capital, as well as the Rayview and Whitewynne Sectors, but allow a much greater focus towards the Collective’s home and ensure that the greater amount of territories they can conquer in such a strike will not be able to be used against them in the event of a retaliation.”

25. - Top - End - #355

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Excagon, Zaqaru, Arnos: Enigma 5
    Show
    "I am willing to go through this war for only the praise of Excagon. I am not willing, however, to pay someone else a system to conquest other systems."

Torbin turns to Namzara, "If you are not going to put forward your navy to help, I ask you to quit pressing the issue."
    Last edited by LimSindull; 2019-08-14 at 04:46 PM.
    Bastilonis

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Show
    Ayallal Attar shakes her head to indicate Bolkas Gilkara indeed did not tell her. She frowns when Alexander’s admission is mentioned, but she soon relents under his kiss.

“Then let’s finish business and turn to a last bout of fun.” Ayallal Attar says with a wicked smile, moving ever more intimate to Bolkas Gilkara.

Scene End.

Enigma 7

Show
    Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru looks at Duke Torbin Gilkara in surprise at the offer he is making, not quite having expected that turn.

Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru turns to the Excagon representative. “Then to answer your request of Zaqaru support. My liege holds no current desire for territory in the Rayview Sector. However, I could convince him to move Zaqaru fleets on similar terms to Duke Torbin Gilkara, when glory and prestige can be gained sufficiently.”

Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru looks between Duke Raudos Arnos and the Excagon Family. “However, Duke Torbin Gilkara’s statement offers a new opportunity. Should Excagon be willing to meet Duke Torbin Gilkara’s stated desire, the territories in the Rayview Sector could be split between Duke Raudos Arnos and the Excagon family, with the majority of the systems in the Cordoba star cluster going to the Excagon family. Would such an opportunity be enough to reconsider your terms, Duke Raudos Arnos?”
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-14 at 04:01 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

Zaqaru Dynasty
    Show
    Your Grace Zaqaru,

That is an intriguing offer, however let us circle around for a moment and talk specifics about the treaty of fealty. I propose that my house pay tribute of [1 Trade and 1 Scientist] every five years in return for your most valuable protection.

Sincerely,
    Earl Varrais de Pantou

Zaqaru Dynasty, House Arnos, House Gilkara, Excagon Family
    Show
    The Excagon representative shakes her head, "I don't think you understand what Queen Persephone has done. The only reason the Collective was able to fight to the capital last year was because House Laramy was divided and irresolute. A fully united House Laramy will crush them. Still if it was the House Laramy alone then we could do as you say and offer to handle one front in order to let them focus on another."

"But it isn't the House Laramy alone anymore. Now it is Queen Persephone and all her vassals. Our conservative estimate is that she now commands forces somewhere on the order of three times the Collective. She could send a fleet capable of crushing the Collective's entire armada to Rayview and Whiteview, and still keep a third at home on the off chance that the Collective managed to slip past the first two."

"Persephone doesn't need or want us. In fact the only reason that this is even feasible is that we are closer to Cordoba than she is. So our ships will be able to establish garrisons first. And that's if the Collective's local defenses don't slow us down unduly. Our analysis is that we can take the Collective's holdings in Rayview before House Laramy, but they won't be happy about being denied."

"If we had time we could pull some strings, call in favors, and nudge our contacts in House Laramy to favor us. But not immediately before a war like this. Such subtle maneuverings take longer than the straightforward deployment of fleets. We can still try of course, but even we have our limits. We won't be able to apply much pressure to House Laramy if all our scions are leading fleets in the field."

Duke Arnos has been checking his datapad but returns to the conversation when Namzara makes his offer, "No, let me make myself clearer. I want the Waterton cluster. This is a point of pride. House Arnos has the greater claim given our preexisting control of the other two systems in the cluster. But House Gilkara threatened war if we did not relent. And while that system is desirable it wasn't worth a war."

"Now after repudiating us so recently House Gilkara wants our help. Well then they will have to deliver what they denied us before. However Waterton is still not worth going to war for. So I wish for another system in Rayview. One will do and your proposal for the division is reasonable. But I want Waterton or there is no deal. Otherwise I'll take the satisfaction of denying House Gilkara's plans in the same way they did mine as payment instead."

"It won't even stop you from taking Cordoba. Between them Gilkara and Excagon have enough forces to deal with whatever the Collective has in the area. It will just be a harder struggle."
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2019-08-14 at 04:56 PM.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show

Your assistance to advance science in Zaqaru is requested, with an offer to lead the research efforts. I find it highly displeasing you do not offer your full research capabilities, especially of those institutions that joined the Quest for Zanadu.

However, perhaps I should take this as your dedication to science, as despite your title of Earl you desire to keep capacity for the freedom of research. I will grant you this one leniency, on the condition you do not use this freedom to colonise or expand.

Tell me now, do you accept or refuse? I will not ask again.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Show
    Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru listens to the representative of Excagon and Duke Raudos Arnos, while the corners of his mouth turn sadder. He turns to look at Duke Torbin Gilkara, but does so with a look draining of hope. He gives an impression to prepare of having to finish this meeting without achieving what he came for.

Spoiler: Imperial College of Sciences
    Show
    A formal request is sent from the Zaqaru diplomatic office requesting the list of threats against the Empire handed to the Imperial College of Sciences by the late Emperor Maximillian Laramy.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-15 at 06:44 AM.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

Zaqaru Dynasty
    Show
    Your Grace Zaqaru,

If you had wished for a larger portion of tribute, then I would be willing to negotiate. But if you deny our right to colonize then you deny our fundamental right to improve our House. As such I will have to decline your most gracious offer.

With Regret,
    Countess Varrais de Pantou

Spoiler: The Imperial College of Sciences [Enigma: 10]
    Show
    By the Hand of Emperor Maximilian Laramy these are the greatest threats to the Imperium.

1. The instability of the Imperium's own nobility must be solved. A solution must be found to prevent infighting among the Great Houses.
    2. Imperial deep probes have sighted a Jere'Jere horde forming close to Imperial space. There is still time before they arrive, perhaps much time. But defenses must be established before they arrive.
    3. There are three human polities of great power outside the Imperium that might be reasoned with, the Yuvan Kingdoms, the Infinite Republic, and the Freeholds. None are likely to make the first move, but all dislike our presence and would not hesitate to take advantage of our weakness. Steps must be taken to neutralize their threat.
    4. Both the Tractless Night and the Lost Stars are expanding. It is a slow expansion. However there are old records of systems that should have been stable, even entire Houses, within what are the modern borders of these regions. For the long term stability of the Imperium both these regions must be examined for their root cause.
    5. There is something indefinably wrong with the Luminous Ones. Cults have formed to worship them and agents sent to investigate have gone missing with worrying regularity. The Iron Church knows more, but they refuse to discuss their knowledge.

If you believe you have solved any of these items, then present your evidence to the college and we will feed the data into the Sigma Locus. Should it's projections agree that the issue has been resolved for the stability of the Imperium, then we will present you with the requisite Archon Sphere.

Grand Scholar Amra

Spoiler: House Sansone [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    The Treaty of Gade binds our houses, but it will expire in the coming decade. We would like to begin negotiations to create a more permanent treaty to keep the sector from lapsing into war again.

Other
    Spoiler: House Laramy to the Democratic Collective [Enigma: 10]
    Show
    Alas it seems that our talks have come to an impasse. Perhaps you will be more open to compromise in a few years time.

Spoiler: House Sansone to House Lacross [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    The Treaty of Gade will expire soon. Would you be open to a more permanent alliance.

Spoiler: House de Pantou to House Lacross [Enigma: 3]
    Show
    Your Grace Lacross,

Regrettably I find that my House, minor though it is, has come to a parting of ways in our relationship with House Zaqaru. I believe that they will not look upon this kindly and thus seek the protection of another Great House.

Would you be willing to accept my fealty? In return I offer the knowledge of my universities as tribute. They contain some of the finest minds in the Imperium. I ask that I be allowed to retain [2 Stats] for the use of my House in colonizing the rest of my System.

Sincerely,

Spoiler: House de Pantou to House Sansone [Enigma: 3]
    Show
    Your Grace Sansone,

Regrettably I find that my House, minor though it is, has come to a parting of ways in our relationship with House Zaqaru. I believe that they will not look upon this kindly and thus seek the protection of another Great House.

Would you be willing to accept my fealty? In return I offer the knowledge of my universities as tribute. They contain some of the finest minds in the Imperium. I ask that I be allowed to retain [2 Stats] for the use of my House in colonizing the rest of my System.

Sincerely,

Spoiler: House de Pantou to House Voss [Enigma: 3]
    Show
    Your Grace Voss,

Sincerely,

Spoiler: House de Pantou to House Laramy [Enigma: 3]
    Show
    Your Majesty Laramy,

Sincerely,
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2019-08-15 at 01:35 PM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

For their disloyalty to the de jure laws of the Manzat Star Cluster and Akkadu Sector, Zaqaru declares war against House de Pantou.

War goal: Champseau.

Enigma 7

Show
    Earl Varrais de Pantou,

Had you not offered your fealty to others, I would have left you alone. Now, you regrettably force my hand.

Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Spoiler: Imperial Collective of Sciences
    Show
    An official reply of gratitude is sent to the Imperial College of Sciences.

Spoiler: House Sansone
    Show
    Dear Duke Stephano Sansone,

I will listen to what House Sansone have to say. How do you wish to hold negotiations?

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-15 at 03:15 PM.