New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: TW: Imperium IC

1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: TW: Imperium IC

The Admiral Conference
    Dr. Chen's goggles make his expression inscrutable as he considers the question. Or perhaps he is accessing an implanted database. "Admiral, I would say that the remaining Vespid in Welledge conform to no more than a Adult Hive, and that is being generous as they will be spread across numerous proto hives throughout the Welledge systems. Our forces were very efficient, and I find it likely that no more than three queens escaped. The rest will be swarmers seeking to mutate into juvenile queens."

"I am not a military man myself, but based on my observations of the campaign I would suggest leaving two fleets behind to clean up the remnants in Welledge. Three to be safe."

The Exiles' Consortium
    Spoiler: House Starosta [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Unfortunately we lack any information on this phenomenon.

Spoiler: House Tehrani [Enigma: 6]
    Show
    We are investigating, but do not wish to make wild speculation at the moment. Nevertheless we think it wise to warn against landing on any of those planets.

Spoiler: The Freeholds [Enigma: 4]
    Show
    We've seen signs that the Vespids are getting restive, but the broods in our part of the galaxy aren't exhibiting any unusual behavior. And we've assigned several patrols to make sure it stays that way.

Spoiler: The Shadda Cabal [Enigma: Void Heart]
    Show
    Greetings Maskk. Yes, we know of the worms in the void. What makes them twist and turn. But such knowings are not free. [3 Trade] and we will share with your our vast wisdom on all things clawed.

Zaqaru Dynasty
    Spoiler: House Sansone [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Dear Grand Admiral Sacsu Kemar,

Our patrols have seen a new strain travelling through the warp gates in the uncharted regions. Nothing on the order of what we fought in Liness. Our scientists liken them to evolved swarmers. They seem to have grown slightly larger. When our scouts killed several specimens we discovered that although their armor has also grown slightly thicker they seem to have filled much of their new bulk with various redundant organs. The result is a strain that is actually weaker than a swarmer as they are less maneuverable. However they have much longer range, and an organ that can grow a form of organic beacons.

In short they are scouts.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Stephano Sansone

Spoiler: House Kelse [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Grand Admiral,

It's clear we're dealing with the edges of another swarm here. We've seen their new gate colony strain, queens, and of course lots of swarmers. None of the new husks fortunately, but it's only a matter of time.

Duke Kelse

Spoiler: House Lonestar [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Admiral Sacesu Kemar

Your condolences are duly appreciated pardner, but what would be more appreciated is your fleets. We're facing a full blown Vespid brood here. We've got your swarmers, your queens, a new type that spits gobs of plasma, and we think we've spotted signs of one of those leviathans you saw in Liness.

Regards,
    Duke Benjamin
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2019-10-23 at 08:00 PM.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Grand Admiral Elos Rostami
    Thank you for the information, Doctor Chen. I will take that home with me to Zaqaru. Based on that estimate, the Liness Coalition will be capable of clearing up the last Vespids here.

I will return home, where the Zaqaru Armada will be rearmed and resupplied. My expectation is the other forces from outside the Liness Coalition do the same. Let the military leaders then convene once more on the best course of action.

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House de Pantou
    Show
    Dear Count Rostac de Pantou,

My condolences to the loss of your mother, Countess Varrais de Pantou. It is a sad moment in these troubled times. I wish you luck in the time to come and wish you well as Count of Champseau.

To aid you in your rule, I wish to offer you an opportunity. As you are well aware, the Vespid are assaulting the Imperium. They are still far away from Champseau, but extending their reach. In the clash between the Imperium and Vespid, there is much to be learned, as the Vespid’s alien lifeform harbours many unknowns. The scientific opportunities are great and I would like to invite House de Pantou to join the Zaqaru Armada as scientific experts. Where the Zaqaru Armada will guard your forces, the scientific vessels, such as the Prometheus Expedition Cruiser, will aid us in salvaging the Vespid remains.

No doubt you are aware of the Vespid chitin, its titanium claws and gravitonic anomaly lending them their manoeuvrability. With scientific assistance, more can be harvested or retained after battle to be put to use for the Imperium.

Count Rostac de Pantou, this will grant you the excellent opportunity to uplift the field of xenobiology or profit greatly. Any additional resources harvested thanks to your efforts you may keep in full. In turn, Zaqaru wishes three things. First is to establish more cordial relations between our families, which had been poor under the rule of the late Countess Varrais de Pantou. Second is to have scientific experts ready in case of emergency to provide solutions in the battlefield, such as the targeting solutions needed in the liberation of Welledge. Third is that you share information on what your scientists gained with how much effort.

Are such terms agreeable to you to dedicate support to the Zaqaru offensive against the Vespids?

Yours sincerely,
    Grand Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-10-25 at 12:05 AM. Reason: typo

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

The Admiral Meeting
    Director Chen pauses and tilts his head quizzically. "I'm sorry I wasn't clear. Admiral Arda asked me about the Vespids currently in Welledge. I took that to mean you were already aware of the brood outside of the Welledge." The director taps a control on his datapad and a hologram expands to show the assembled admirals an image. A vast organic shape fills the image. The image is grainy and it is surrounded by smaller forms. "This is an image my teams processed from the Ytterbus scout data. We believe it is a new leviathan."

He highlights one of the smaller forms only a few inches long. "To give you a sense of a scale we believe this is a queen. And the dots ruining the image quality are swarmers. I am excited to see what this new brood." He smiles before catching himself and putting on a stern expression.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2019-10-24 at 03:56 PM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

Admiral Meeting

Grand Admiral Elos Rostami
    I am aware there is more brood outside. The additional information is certainly appreciated, thank you for sharing.

The Vespids inside Welledge can be dealt by the Liness Coalition. To deal with the Vespids outside Liness will require additional forces. I suggest the next action is decided at a later date, when there is the opportunity to contact other factions and involve them as well.

Zaqaru

The Restored King Nabuna Zaqaru
    People of the Imperium.

The Imperium as we know it is under threat. News of the Vespids has reached you, for they have assaulted the Liness Sector. While beaten back, they have taken the capital of House Lonestar and additional scouts and swarms have been sighted. They stand for great danger, for their intrusion in Imperial space has meant that worlds can be cut off, their people lost to our aid and trade. I will not stand for that.

As Zaqaru King I call forth

The Vespid Crusade

Take up arms in defense of the Imperium. The xeno threat must be fought. Prepare yourself and lend aid to those who need it. To the citizen, I call for you to sign up for military service. To the nobles, I call for you to rally your forces to strike against the Vespids. To those unable, I call for you to aid those who are. The Vespids may not threaten your own world, but they are at the doorstep of the Imperium and must be stopped before their numbers will overwhelm all.

Let us show these beasts the human strength. In doing so, each of us will obtain glory as we show our true power. Let not the xeno enemy interfere in the Imperial way of life. Let them be defeated as the beasts they are and be cast down under the boot of the human prowess.

We will defeat the Vespids!
    The Liness Coalition has banded together to defend the Liness Sector from the Vespid threat. With aid, the Vespid infestation has been beaten, but the Vespids still linger. I wish them and their allies the strength to hold the Sector and keep Vespids out of them.

House Lonestar has called out for aid, with their capital taken by the Vespids. I have word from Duke Benjamin Stone that the Zaqaru Armada is needed. I honour the request of the last of the three great Sarahu Explorers still ruling. As soon as the Zaqaru Armada is rearmed, they will leave their shipyards to battle the Vespids and lend their strength to liberate the Lonestar capital from the vile Vespids!

I know well the Vespid strength and such an act cannot be done alone. With enough strength, we may even push the Vespids far beyond the Lonestar capital and strike deep within Vespid space to bring safety and victory to the Imperium. I call forth fellow nobles for aid in the glorious Lonestar Liberation of
    The Vespid Crusade
    Dear Sarahu Explorer Duke Benjamin Stone Lonestar,

I promise I will send the Zaqaru Armada to liberate the Lonestar capital. May the Vespids be pushed back far beyond the Imperial border.
    Dear friend and brother in law Duke Menard Lacross,

I call upon you in friendship and as treasured neighbour to send your fleets to stand side by size to the Zaqaru Armada do battle against the Vespids! I know well you seek peace after an arduous life, but the Vespids threaten our generation and the next. Your contribution is highly valued.
    Dear brother in law Duke Raudos Arnos,

The Vespids are far away from your holdings, as is Zaqaru, yet our bonds our close. Your sister, Queen Saundri Arnos, skilled in all military affairs has deemed the fight against the Vespids the greatest challenge she has seen. Show us the might of the Arnos Armada in battle with far greater glory than mere patrols.
    Dear nephew in law Duke Ernst Berger,

Well known for your military might, but the Imperium has had little chance to see it in action since the last war. Show us the glorious might of the Berger Armada turned against the Vespids.
    Dear great niece in law Duchess Naldris Gilkara,

House Gilkara has great experience fighting the Vespids. I ask you to lend that experience to the force to drive out the Vespids of the sector bordering Filo. Your participation would serve a critical role and the contribution of the Gilkara Armada would bring honour to the campaign.
    Dear neighbour Duchess Brechtje Voss,

The threat is far away from your holdings and House Voss is not known as a military House. Yet as close neighbour in Akkadu I still ask your assistance, for your contribution to intelligence will prove essential in finding the most valuable and precious targets during our campaign, leading to greater victory.
    Dear neighbour Duke Stephano Sansone,

Together, our Armadas have fought the Vespid threat. Our people have stood side by side. Let them stand side by side once more and use their combined experienced forged in the heat of battle to defeat the Vespid threat. Together, let us find glory in combat!
    Dear Sarahu Explorer relative Regent Dayo Okeke,

The loss of Duchess Akachi Okeke is great, but let whatever she is planning not be in vain as the Vespids scout out your territory. I ask that you assist the campaign against the Vespids. It will draw their attention away from your territory and your exploration and research expertise will be essential to learn more about the xeno enemy we face and to lead the way in their territory. That expertise may well prove to be of supreme value should you find the Vespids moving past your border.
    Dear Rayview noble Duchess Lahal Excagon,

The Vespids have entered the Rayview Sector. I ask that you lend your strength in defense of your home Sector. The Excagon Family is a radiant example to all of us in the Imperium and you will be the bright beacon uplifting our morale to bring victory in this campaign. Be an example to all in the Rayview Sector and beyond and bestow upon us the great honour of your participation!
    Together, let us liberate the Lonestar capital and drive back the Vespids and form:
    The Vespid Crusade Coalition

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Lacross
    Show
    Dear Duke Menard Lacross,

My liege, King Nabuna Zaqaru, has called you to participate in the Vespid Crusade. Beyond forming a greater basis for cooperation, I wish to inform you that by contributing your forces, you will also have the opportunity to harvest or research the riches of Vespid biology. This should ensure the venture to be valuable to you and make it an efficient use of your fleets, besides aiding the Imperium.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Arnos
    Show
    Dear Duke Raudos Arnos,

Beyond the message send to you by King Nabuna Zaqaru, I wish to share information with you. Know that from our personal experience, the Vespid battles have proved profitable. To harvest the remains of the swarmers, queens and hives leads to precious resources and materials. Participate in the Vespid Crusade Coalition and claim your share!

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Berger
    Show
    Dear Duke Ernst Berger,

Beyond the message send to you by King Nabuna Zaqaru, I wish to share information with you. Know that from our personal experience, the Vespid battles have proved profitable. To harvest the remains of the swarmers, queens and hives leads to precious resources and materials. Participate in the Vespid Crusade Coalition and claim your share!

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Gilkara
    Show
    Dear Naldris Gilkara,

Know that King Nabuna Zaqaru realises well that your forces have more experience in fighting the Vespids alongside the Liness Coalition. Should you desire to send your forces in defense of Liness, that is an admirable goal as well. Still, it would please myself and my fellow family members to see a relative fight alongside our forces and I hope you will consider the offer in earnest.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Voss
    Show
    Dear Duchess Brechtje Voss,

My liege, King Nabuna Zaqaru has called House Voss to join the Vespid Crusade Coalition. I fully understand you, as House without a core focus on military, may be adverse to the campaign. However, I believe you even the addition of a few fleets will prove a more efficient use for your forces, as the resources that can be harvested from Vespids will provide greater profit than patrolling trade lines. Even a small addition of fleets to the campaign is considered honourable.

Yet, if you truly wish to seize the opportunity, I believe your intelligence gathering expertise may prove to be a great asset. Should your scouts be able to lead us to the hives least defended yet with greatest material stock or possibly create opportunities to seize the initiative against the Vespids thereby allowing for easier harvest of resources, there stands be great profit to be made. I know not in what capacity this will be effective, but know that if House Voss’ agents are willing to work in tandem with Zaqaru’s forces to find the richest bounty in the Vespid forces, we will ensure that you receive the full share you brought in additional profit compared to the situation where your assistance was not present.

I sincerely hope you will consider the offer.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Sansonse
    Show
    Dear Duke Stephano Sansone,

Information reached me regarding the scouts detected at your border. While I believe you will want to keep defensive fleets about, I believe you have sufficient capability to offer a contribution to the Vespid Crusade. In continuing a powerful cooperation between our noble families, I believe we may learn more of the Vespids, grow stronger in experience and hurt their forces sufficiently that they will not be able stretch their forces as far as Akkadu. I hope Zaqaru may count on continued cooperation between our mighty families.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Okeke
    Show
    Dear Regent Dayo Okeke,

My liege, King Nabuna Zaqaru, has called you to assist the Vespid Crusade. Know that bountiful profit stands to be made by harvesting the Vespids and their hives after battle. Especially your exploration capabilities will be of great assistance to lead the Armadas through the Outer Reaches to the cores of Vespid strength and gain such wealth. Your research capabilities will also allow much better refinement and capture of resources from the Vespids, allowing you to take a share of the wealth as well.

Beyond that, I earnestly believe that if our power is strong enough, we will distract the Vespids from furthering their numbers to the Okeke borders, thus all assistance to the Vespid Crusade will be of direct assistance to your own security. Therefore, I hope you will consider lending your expertise.

Spoiler: Excagon Family
    Show
    Dear Duchess Lahal Excagon,

I know the Excagon Family has no military focus, as does King Nabuna Zaqaru. So rest assured, there is no expectation of a contribution of a vast fleet. Instead, I would like to make you another offer. Provide the elite, the aristocracy, the nobles, to inspire and direct the Zaqaru Armada. This will allow our forces to far better fight the Vespids. And in doing so, we may be able to gather a far greater amount of the valuable resources the Vespids leave behind. Your assistance will lead to greater profit and to additional profit gained will be left in the Excagon territory after the battle. I hope that this offer, besides being the shining example in Rayview, will be sufficient to persuade you to join the Vespid Crusade Coalition.

Yours sincerely,
    Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-10-25 at 12:04 AM.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

Somewhere Else
    Above the Nyphon Hive

The Sentinel danced the Dance of Sorrow. Its child, its creation, its sibling lost to the HAZARD. The bellerphont it had woven with such loving care had been destroyed. It was a sad cycle and the cousins sang their Distress. The abyssal mind grumbled, such distress was not fitting. It spat out the results of its ruminations on the results brought back by the cousins. The Jephon strain had been mildly successful. Cousins had been lost at a sharply decreased rate upon its introduction. But then the HAZARD had adapted. Losses had risen again until finally the Bellerphont had been destroyed and the cousins ran amok.

The primary mind agreed and asked that sort of HAZARD could do this. The gorgon node stated it was family. There was shock! The gorgon node never interjected unasked. There was Dismay! Family would not fight family! The gorgon node stated that the adaptation curve matched the family adaptation curve. The gorgon node stated that the analysis of Family infighting was not a matter for the gorgon node.

The Sentinel was discomfited. It's thought processes were disjointed, and it could not determine a proper response. It fell back on its deepest instincts. More cousins were directed to the HAZARD. They would overcome the obstacle or their loss would give more information to the family.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 7

Arda nods along with the Zaqaru declaration.

“I will send the Sashaw Fleet along with the crusade to defend house Lonestar, and keep the Haytham here in Welledge to ensure that the reconquest goes smoothly. Once the remaining Welledge queens are dealt with, the Haytham can begin scouting past Imperial Space and identifying what the source of these monsters might be.”

Arda turns to the Lord Ytterbus, a reassuring smile on his face.

“We should continue this conversation separately, there is much to discuss.”

Players

The Exiles Consortium
    Spoiler
    Show
    Outsider,
    I believe you have spoken with my cousin before, my name is Arda Saquar. You worked with our fleet and Primogenisis against the Vespid swarm, and you agents seemed worthy experts.

I will have part of our fleets pushing through the Welledge gates and into the deeply occupied territory in order to identify the source of these Vespids. Would you consider sending some of your agents along with our fleet, their expertise may prove critical to obtaining useful information.

Grand Admiral Arda Saquar

TRAM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our projects have completed successfully, an excellent run if I may say so. I hope we can continue to run projects like this. At the moment, I believe our efforts would be better put to studying these Vespids and countermeasures against them. My fleet has captured many of the bestial forms and carcasses. If we could be the first to develop true countermeasures or even a permanent solution to them, I believe it would be worth a great deal of prestige, as well as simply being the right thing to do.

My house has studied the outer reaches for generations, and my archives could be of great use here. I believe if we each contributed [3 university] to the study of my archives we could likely glean critical information against the Vespid threat. Would the other members be interested in such a project?

NPCs

House Laramy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Queen Hallow,
    I have a matter I wish to discuss with both you and the members of the Council who maintain the Imperial Throne. Would you grant me an audience on Sigma Kuldav?

Duke Farid Saquar

House Ytterbus
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are a few things I wish to discuss with your house privately, could we meet elsewhere?

Grand Admiral Arda

GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would PMing house Forche to send a court over there and explore allow them to essentially scout? I’m just hoping to get some more actionable information for EOT.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Your Majesty, Queen Persephone Laramy,

As humble citizen of the Imperium I ask for public news on the peace negotiations between House Laramy and the Democratic Collective of the People. House Laramy with their great might has this enemy under control with a current cease fire in the Laramy war against the Collective. Given such strength, I have no doubt House Laramy is able to continue to keep them at bay, but I wish to know whether this is the intention, so the other nobles of the Imperium may focus their efforts on the Vespids assault the Imperium.

With grace I wish House Laramy strength against the Collective.

Enigma 7

Spoiler: Triune Pact
    Show
    Dear Count Periklis Treasach,

I wish to offer you an opportunity. The Vespid Crusade offers a chance to reap from the Vespids by force, as vengeance for the harm they bring to the Imperium. I know well your plight and that you seek vengeance, but require resources. Assist in this endeavour and you too can take your share. Whether or be military support to down more Vespids, agents to track them or subdue or scientific support to harvest them more efficiently, your presence is welcomed in this opportunity to take your share.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: Primogenisis
    Show
    Dear Director Howard Chen,

Thank you for lending your expertise in the battle against the Vespids. To my understanding, you have done so while under the defense of House Greenflame's vessels in exchange for sharing the profits you made from harvesting from the Vespids.

I wish to make you another offer. Harvest in the wake of the Vespid Crusader Coalition, specifically the Zaqaru Armada, and the additional harvest your expertise brings above what the Zaqaru Armada could ordinarily recover is yours for the keeping. All Zaqaru humbly asks is a report on what you gained.

Would you find such a deal agreeable?

Regards,

Spoiler: House Yuliya
    Show
    Dear Earl Domenica Yuliya,

The Vespids are upon the borders of Rayview, moving closer to your home. Should you be able to offer assistance to the Vespid Crusade, I politely request your contribution. Assistance small or big, all is appreciated. It will help ensure the Vespids do not endanger your home and you will be able to bring glory to House Yuliya.

I hope you will consider joining the Vespid Crusade Coalition and come to the defense of the Rayview Sector.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Chinedu
    Show
    Dear Earl Fedlimid Chinedu,

I invite you to join or contribute to the Vespid Crusade in name of the Imperium. I realise the Vespids are far away from your home, but every aid is welcome. In return, I believe the Vespid Crusade offers opportunity to you. The Vespids can be made a source of resources when beaten. Your efforts will lead you to greater bounty compared to staying home. This in turn should allow you to become stronger, something that would please me. You stand far too close to the wretched Collective and a stronger Imperial front in your star cluster is ideal.

I hope you will consider joining the Vespid Crusade Coalition and bring glory to House Chinedu.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Marguerite
    Show
    Dear Earl Jaiden Marguerite,

I invite you to join or contribute to the Vespid Crusade in name of the Imperium. I realise the Vespids are far away from your home, but every aid is welcome. In return, I believe the Vespid Crusade offers opportunity to you. The Vespids can be made a source of resources when beaten. Your efforts will lead you to greater bounty compared to staying home. This in turn should allow you to become stronger, something that would please me. You stand far too close to the wretched Collective and a stronger Imperial front in your star cluster is ideal.

I hope you will consider joining the Vespid Crusade Coalition and bring glory to House Marguerite.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Mirza
    Show
    Dear Earl Toma Mirza,

I hope you will consider joining the Vespid Crusade Coalition and bring glory to House Mirza.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Ragnarr
    Show
    Dear Earl Natisha Ragnar,

I wish to invite you to the Vespid Crusade, because I see opportunity for you to gain glory and resources. The Vespids, once beaten, offer a viable source of resources. While I fully realise that your forces are not as numerous as many of the Dukes on the campaign, this will serve as an advantage to you. You may seize the right opportunities for glory or resources, while otherwise seeking out safer positions.

Naturally, the Vespids are very far away from your home and there is little threat to be concerned about in your star cluster. However, I feel that this may present an opportunity to prove your own glory and rise to greater power on your own strength. This way, House Ragnarr can show that its strength should not be ignored in the star cluster.

I hope you will consider joining the Vespid Crusade Coalition and I wish you strength.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Guenièvre
    Show
    Dear Earl Judit Guenièvre,

I wish to invite you to the Vespid Crusade, because I see opportunity for you to gain glory and resources. The Vespids, once beaten, offer a viable source of resources. While I fully realise that your forces are not as numerous as many of the Dukes on the campaign, this will serve as an advantage to you. You may seize the right opportunities for glory or resources, while otherwise seeking out safer positions.

Naturally, the Vespids are very far away from your home and there is little threat to be concerned about in your star cluster. However, I feel that this may present an opportunity to prove your own glory and rise to greater power on your own strength. This way, House Ragnarr can show that its strength should not be ignored in the star cluster.

I hope you will consider joining the Vespid Crusade Coalition and I wish you strength.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Andile
    Show
    Dear Earl Érica Andile,

I hope you will consider joining the Vespid Crusade Coalition and bring glory to House Andile.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Anil
    Show
    Dear Earl Samuel Anil,

I hope you will consider joining the Vespid Crusade Coalition and bring glory to House Anil.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Viljem
    Show
    Dear Earl Vasu Viljem,

I hope you will consider joining the Vespid Crusade Coalition and bring glory to House Viljem.

Yours sincerely,

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground

Okeke

Regent Dayo Okeke sighs sitting behind his large desk covered in papers that he is slowly rereading. Having everything in order was vital but sometimes he wondered what it would be like to just to go on an adventure like the old duchess but the family needs stability and order now. He tuts slightly reading one of the papers before shredding it and making a note to print a corrected version.

He barely looks up as an aid comes up with a large stack of reports and puts it on his desk. That would most likely be the information on what resources were still available to them.

Cypher 4
    Spoiler: Open to All
    Show

Hello, house Okeke has long been known for our knowledge of the warp gates. Recently with the temporary change in leadership we wish to expand on our repository of knowledge. We are looking for those with their own warp gate archives who are willing to help with the research and consolidation of warp knowledge.

Spoiler: Lonestar
    Show
    Hello, we have heard the terrible news that the vespids have come to your territory. We could assist with destabilizing the gates to make it harder for the swarm to reach your remaining territory and recalibrating them when the counter attack is ready if you wish.

Spoiler: Zaqaru
    Show

Greetings Grand Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru,

To introduce myself I am acting regent Dayo Okeke. A pleasure to write to you. Do not worry for Duchess Okeke, her work is a great and difficult one but we have faith she will succeed and return eventually. We just wish she had given us warning before going off on an extended adventure.

As for Vespids, we haven't gathered very much information on the scouts in our territory. We were hoping to get more information soon. We plan to destabilize the gates going into that territory to hopefully lower any number that may attempt an attack.

We are looking for investors for additional projects if you are interested. Unfortunately most of our funding came from Duchess Okeke's adventures so with her gone we will need to look into alternative funding until another explatory force can be assembled. We were hoping to create specilized blueprints for fighting Vespids to both help the cause and help fund our warp gate research which we believe will be helpful in removing the Vespid threat but won't be as immediately useful As more gear. As for our navy, if Vespid Scouts are coming the remaining fleet not taken for the Duchess' quest might be better served making sure the Vespids do not get a foot hold in our territory. Our best contribution to fighting the Vespid is most likely research and gate destabilization for now.

Spoiler: The Exile's Consortium
    Show

If you are interested in business we are looking for more investors. You would be hard pressed to find better scientists than us.

Last edited by Hamste; 2019-10-26 at 01:16 AM.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

9. - Top - End - #429

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Zaqura: Enigma 5
    Show
    "Diplomat,
    It is with best well wishes that I respond. The Filo fleet expects to continue fighting the Vespids swarms. I would be very eager to direct the fleets towards your endeavors. I must say the Anoa feels inclined to help the Liness Coalition continue their fight.

Perhaps an arrangement could be made. If Aburnar's mother was held favorably by the council to become successor, I would be able to push my Protector to fight in the Lonestar campaign.

If that is not possible, Aburnar could always use his old research teams to assist in his endeavors. Either of these would be beneficial to our pursuits.

As always, my best wishes to my family.

Spoiler: Tram: Enigma 5
    Show
    House Gilkara and the Nation of Filo would be willing to help as always in scientific endeavors. We will ask what assurances House Greenflame will give that our research will be made available to the rest of us. A combination of this size will most likely result in two archives. It would total slightly more for the rest of us to copy these archives later.

Spoiler: Okeke: Enigma 5
    Show
    We would like to reach out to you, we are extremely interested in warp gate technology. We have some such technology, and we would like to grow that knowledge. What would you propose?
    "I'll get a cool quote, just you wait."
    Here is the backdrop to the first Campaign in my Titan Blood World.
    Bastilonis

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

Carcho’s Aristocrat Stratagem

Councillor Stances

Based on inquiry, investigation and careful research, Carcho’s Aristocrat Stratagem has developed a guide to the political stance of the Zaqaru Council. Composed of five councillors and an advisor, they have a large impact on noble legal matters. Currently the advisor role is unfilled. They each vote on law changes, with the King himself having a vote and serving as tiebreaker. In addition, they advise the Restored King Nabuna Zaqaru on all matters in the Zaqaru Kingdom. To know who to best address concerning issues, it is worthwhile to know what stance each has. Carcho’s Aristocrat Stratagem uses five stances.

Loyalist A Loyalist councillor are strongly dedicated to the ruler, serving to the best of their ability. They are expected to support their liege in all actions and votes, unless directly detrimental to their own position.
    Pragmatist A Pragmatist councillor seeks practical, executable actions to bring power to the realm and themselves. They are more ready to support wars for reclaiming de-jure systems or systems once falling under Zaqaru rule. They may support wars against weak opponents. Such a councillor will object to consolidating power to vassals, believing in distributed power. They are likely to support revoking titles from vassals with more power than their title warrants.
    Glory Hound A Glory Hound councillor strongly supports actions that will bolster the image, reputation and glory of the realm. They will oppose attacking weak neighbours, but against more powerful opponents they care little for the reason as long as it will bring glory and strength to the realm. This type of councillor prefers a strong and centralized realm with a powerful leader.
    Zealot A Zealot councillor strives for certain ideals and wishes to make them reality. They will constantly chase their ideals and seek to make them part of the realm’s values. Realms which oppose their ideals are considered the primary war target of such councillors and they will readily accept aggressive action against nobles with ideals antagonistic to their own ideals.
    Malcontent A Malcontent councilor is unhappy with the current rule of the realm and its situation or may hold a personal grudge. While they keep to their duties, they will debate sharply against the ruler’s will and oppose changes unless directly in their favour.

Zaqaru Council

Zealot

Years ago, Grand Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru fulfilled the Council position of Grand Admiral. With Patience he has waited until he could fill it once more after the abdication of Robot Unicorn Princess Ninu Zaqaru. Known for upholding etiquette and past diplomatic actions as delegated by the former Grand Diplomat, he is experienced. Honest in truthfulness, he is known to keep the Imperial values and future close to heart as he is an Imperial Zealot councillor.

Grand Admiral Sacesu Kemar

Zealot

Grand Admiral Sacesu is besides a strategic leader a connoisseur in the finery of noble live and makes tactical decisions on the battlefield as well as the menu, marking his Gluttony. Whether on the battlefield or in the debate hall, he uses all at his disposal to outwith feudal enemies, stalwartly defending the superioty of the aristocracy with Zeal. He is a Feudalist Zealot.

Grand Agent Nebtate Memphem

Pragmatist

Little information Earl Nebtate Memphem is known, though it is generally accepted she is a Shy person. For as far as anybody can tell, she is a Pragmatist.

Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta

Malcontent

Glory Hound

With Zaqaru claiming the title of King, Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta forsakes her previous Malcontent stance as she sees the glory obtained, which matches closely with her original Glory Hound stance. With Diligence she takes to her tasks, which could explain why she was malcontent previously as source indicate her plans were disrupted. Though she is Honest, she remains silent on the issue in public.

Grand Administrator Yaadus Emit

Pragmatist

Seeking practical solutions to challenges and problems, Grand Administrator Yaadus Emit fulfills his office with Diligence. He is more concerned with optimising efficiency instead of audacious projects, and seeks for realistic plans, a mark of his Temperance. He is a Pragmatist councillor.

Enigma 7

Show
    Dear Regent Day Okeke,

Thank you for your response, it certainly is a pleasure to communicate with you. I am happy to receive the news that concerns regarding Duchess Okeke’s situation are unfounded. May her adventure be successful.

Should you obtain additional information regarding the Vespid scouts, I kindly request you share it, so the threats at the borders of the Imperium may be tracked. Destabilizing the gates sounds like it will be an effective measure.

Regarding funding, I believe my offer is an excellent match. When battling Vespids, their remains may be studied and processed for material wealth. Should this be done by research teams, this should be more efficient as the they will be able to extract more titanium of the claws than by regular industrial processes. The increased efficiency, and thus additional profit, would fully be awarded to House Okeke, with Zaqaru only keeping what would be gained without assistance.

Not only will the material wealth serve to aid in your funding, but should be of great help to your own research in the Vespids as well. The Zaqaru Armada will protect the scientists of House Okeke in this operation.

Please let me know what you think of the offer.

Yours sincerely,

Show
    Dear Duchess Naldris Gilkara,

Thank you for updating me on the situation. I am glad there is an option available where House Gilkara is willing to contribute to the Vespid Crusade Coalition.

Unfortunately, Princess Sili Zaqaru currently has no supporters on the Council. Both Prince Sinma Zaqaru, son of King Nabuna Zaqaru and Amsumur Zaqaru , son of Prince Abus Zaqaru, brother of King Nabuna Zaqaru, currently have most support. While I may be swayed to change my own vote for such support to the Vespid Crusade, that will not be sufficient to elevate Princess Sili Zaqaru’s position to that of Crown Princess.

Regarding the offer for military support in exchange for research teams, I will deliberate with Grand Scientist Gupta Caksya on the matter. To assist, could you tell me what can be expected of the Protector?

Know that I have given your best wishes to the other family members and they look favourably on such words. I look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-10-28 at 04:20 PM.

11. - Top - End - #431

RogueGuy

Show
    ((Writing multiple letters here))
    Grand Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru,

I understand your position and it would go a long way to show you support our house and the stability of the Imperium with your gesture. Though Filo fights to uphold all of their beliefs, I fight for my family and care very much for my husband and in laws. I would personally thank you for this gesture to keep the imperium strengthened with a connected and strong Royal Aristocracy. One that is loyal to each other.

Naldris Gilkara.

Grand Admiral Sacesu Kemar,

I appreciate seeing the Zaqaru fleet during the Campaign. One of my ships tells tale of a rogue squadron saving their ship. Please extend my gratitude to the leader of that group. I would like to discuss a matter with you personally. I believe our way of life may be under attack. I will reserve to say more and look forward to again supporting your fleet in the upcoming Campaigns.

If it would please you, I would like to speak with yourself and Grand Scientis Gupta in private.

Anoa Gilkara.
    Bastilonis

12. - Top - End - #432

Enigma 5

Spoiler: House Starosta
    Show
    A shame. Still, I would welcome any information you find about this disturbing phenomenon.

-O

Spoiler: House Tehrani
    Show
    Certainly, wild speculation would be counterproductive.

Nevertheless, I welcome any information you discover regarding this troubling circumstance.

-O

Spoiler: The Freeholds
    Show
    Restive? Curious.

Still, I am glad to hear that the Freeholds remain free of this menace. Should that change, know that you have an ally within the Imperium.

-O

Spoiler: The Shadda Cabal
    Show
    Excellent.

A simple exchange. The funds are yours. I wait in anticipation for this information.

Though, I would ask another question of you: do you know anything of disappearance of House Forsche? It seems as if they have suddenly disappeared into thin air.

-O

Spoiler: House Greenflame
    Show
    Greetings, Grand Admiral Arda Saquar,

Indeed, our combined efforts were quite fruitful. I would be happy to work with your house again to deal with the Vespid threat. And it is certainly much more preferable to all this pomp and ceremony of a king and a crusade.

Though, I am curious, when you say some of my agents, did you perhaps have a specific number in mind? I imagine you desire a more potent presence, yes?

-O

Show
    Excellent.

I can send a liaison to Okeke space to negotiate a mutually beneficial arrangement. Although, you are of course always welcome to send a representative to Consortium space, should you or any of your house with to indulge in the many pleasures and comforts we have available.

-O
    Many thanks to Derjuin for my awesome alhoon avatar!

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Carcho’s Aristocrat Stratagem

While the Restored King Nabuna Zaqaru’s abdication is still over a decade away, the glory obtained upon his coronation increased interest in the Royal Succession. Carcho’s Aristocrat Stratagem has gathered information on the Zaqaru Princes and Princesses for your enjoyment. Especially of note is that the current Crown Prince has already changed as the information was being gathered!

Upon the start of our inquiry, Prince Nidaadea Zaqaru had the support of two councillors, tied with Prince Amsumur Zaqaru. He was Crown Prince, because in the event of a tie, the Restored King Nabuna Zaqaru’s support determines and Prince Nidaadea enjoyed the support of the Restored King. Now, Prince Nidaadea Zaqaru only holds support of one councillor, putting Prince Amsumur Zaqaru in the lead and making him:

Heir Apparent

Crown Prince Amsumur Zaqaru

Support

Inheritance Candidates

Prince Sinma Zaqaru

Support

Responsible for finding the clues that led to the Quest for Zanadu as child, Prince Sinma Zaqaru even joined the expedition as teenager and played a critical role in the discovery of the Lost Fortress of Zanadu. Married to Ayanum Sibab, daughter of Earl Myli Sibab. During the journey he learned much of spacecraft and took that as focus in an Engineering study. His actions are Brave and he has the Patience to carry them through. He is used to the lavish life of a noble with Gluttony and remains restless as he Envies more and more. Perhaps this is the base of his Greedy streak.

Princess Ilith Zaqaru

Trained in the Military like her mother, Princess Ilith Zaqaru has a Fiesty attitude and has built a reputation of an Erudite. She covets the very best items with Greed and with Patience has built up a collection. Which is guarded well, as she is Paranoid that people will take what is hers.

Duchess Eshkit Zaqaru

Duchess Eshkit Zaqaru is younger sister to the Restored King Nabuna Zaqaru and married to Duke Menard Lacross after meeting at the Zaqaru Ball. She has a scientific interest and background, though is prone to lose interest in subjects and move on to the next stemming from a Slothful attitude. She has her Wrathful and Cruel outbursts, though her husband knows well how to take care of them, appealing to her Temperature nature.

Princess Puabi Zaqaru

Princess Puabi Zaqaru is the youngest sibling of the Restored King Nabuna Zaqaru. She is well versed in economy, happily married and without children. With a flirtatious behaviour, she is considered Lustful as she Enviously looks at other husbands. Like her brother, she is considered Just in matters of state, though she is a much stronger supporter of harsh punishment and an eye for an eye treatment, earning her a reputation as Wrathful and Cruel.

Princess Sili Zaqaru

Support

Daughter of Nocri Zaqaru, who becomes too old to take succeed and thus making her children candidates. Well versed in design and creation with an Engineering background, Princess Sili Zaqaru has previously applied that knowledge by Bravely participating in the Sashaw Race. However, she’s Shy with people in general, though places great Trust in her inner circle, with some she shares her refined taste for cuisine, showing a Gluttonous trait.

Princess Irsim Zaqaru

Daughter of Nocri Zaqaru, who becomes too old to take succeed and thus making her children candidates. Princess Irsim Zaqaru is educated in the Sciences with Passion and Diligence, though her passion described as ranting or raving as well. She cares little for it with a stoic Diligence and Boldly dives into even more dangerous fields of study. As long as she is not provoked in the field of science, she is a Kind person.

Duchess Litte Zaqaru

Daughter of Abus Zaqaru, who becomes too old to take succeed and thus making his children candidates. Duchess Litte Zaqaru is wife of Duke Ernst Berger, who she met at a Zaqaru Ball and with whom she has children, though they do not stand to inherit a Zaqaru title as they are recognised as part of the Berger dynasty. Trained in Diplomatic affairs, she supports her husband well in his rulership. She’s known to be a Proud woman, who Greedily looks at wealth, to which she has found a proper place in the Berger court. She enjoys the luxurious lifestyle it buys with Gluttony.

Crown Prince Amsumur Zaqaru

Support

Son of Abus Zaqaru, who becomes too old to take succeed and thus making his children candidates. Prince Amsumur Zaqaru has followed his Intelligence studies with due Diligence. Very Proud of his heritage and family, he believes in Honesty and Justice. Unlike many others of his family, he is known to be Charitable.

Prince Nidaadea Zaqaru

Support

Son of Abus Zaqaru, who becomes too old to take succeed and thus making his children candidates. He has a Military position and commands his troops with Fury. He’s a Chaste man, valuing married life and has several children. He enjoys his drinks with Gluttony, which at times combines poorly with his temper. Still, he upholds an Honest lifestyle.

Councillor Votes

I vote Princess Sili Zaqaru.

The relations between the Zaqaru Dynasty and House Gilkara are strong, but I believe they will flourish upon electing the mother in law of Duchess Nadris Gilkara. My second choice would be Prince Nidaadea Zaqaru for his Honesty is worthy of respect.

I support Prince Sinma Zaqaru.

His taste of the finer things in life, his Bravery in searching out the Fortress of Zanadu. Yes, this Prince is worthy of respect!

Grand Agent Nebtate Memphem
    Prince Amsumur Zaqaru.

Diligent and Intelligence education put him at the top of my list.

Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta
    My vote goes to Prince Amsumur Zaqaru.

His Diligence and Honesty are worthy of my respect. Possessing the additional quality of a sense of Justice, I believe he will make a good leader.

Grand Administrator Yaadus Emit
    Currently I extend my vote to Nidaadea Zaqaru.

This is a difficult choice between Nidaadea Zaqaru and Sinma Zaqaru for me. Both I can share a good Dinner with and exchange ideas, which I appreciate. Sinma Zaqaru has done great things for Zaqaru, and Bravely so, but his lack of Military education which both myself and Nidaadea share make me chose Nidaadea Zaqaru for now.

Enigma 7

Show
    Dear Duchess Naldris Gilkara,

I concur. It brings me joy to see you care about family values. Know that I have changed my vote. Should you find yourself in the opportunity to have fleets join the Vespid Crusade Coalition, do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Dear and valiant Admiral Anoa Gilkara,

Myself and Zaqaru appreciated your presence and that of the Gilkara fleet during the Welledge Campaign as well. I personally am deeply grateful for any and all support your strong and fantastic leadership may give in the upcoming military operations. With longing I look forward to working with such a powerful woman on the battlefield. Naturally I have relayed your kind request to the group you mentioned. Your marvellous gratitude has been forwarded to the leader of that group, going by the name of Hydra, who is thankful of such recognition.

As for the matters you wish to discuss, you state you believe our way of life is under attack. I know our way of life is under attack, for that is obvious. The Vespids, the Collective and the disappearance of House Forsche, take your pick. I would be happy to discuss any of these matters, or any other threats you may have identified in an official meeting alongside Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta.

However, you wish to speak to speak in private. I would need to requisition one of Zaqarus with a Court to organise a meeting with such security. A good reason is needed to see such a request fulfilled. Since you would like to speak to Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta as well, my foremost guess would be an initiative to research an effective means to combat the Vespids, though I see little reason to discuss that in private as opposed to official channels.

Now, I fully realize that you would not wish to divulge much, especially considering the security of official channels. Both sides of our communication carry the risk of interception, though I believe that through the advanced enigma of Zaqaru, my side of the communication carries somewhat less risk. If you should desire, I can opt a few guesses and you can tell me which one is closest, so as to keep those who wish to listen and cannot decrypt Zaqaru comms, but could do so with yours, in the dark. Naturally, this will have little bearing on those who can decrypt both, though the one we all know for sure have such capabilities stand at the heart of our way of life.

In addition, my guess is that you wish to strike some form of deal, given the scarcity of secure communication. To see if a deal may be formed, we could discuss in covered terms the deal you seek for a threat you do not intend. Should a deal be possible, we could move to the more secure alternative and if a deal is not possible, at least the effort of such communication would not be wasted. This would still be giving information, which may be undesirable to a great extend, but at least

In any case, I look forward to hear from the hero you are again.

Yours sincerely,

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

Zaqaru Dynasty
    Spoiler: House de Pantou [Enigma: 4]
    Show

Certainly an intriguing offer. I offer the following counterpoints. First, why would I not simply serve my own liege lady this way? Queen Hallow's fleets are far larger that that of the Zaqaru, which will both ensure that my scientists are safer and have far more specimens to work with. Second while I am proud of my people's achievements we are not exactly known for our xenobiology. We would certainly make a good attempt, but there are others who would likely be better in this role. Third, Zaqaru agents killed my mother. That is a grudge that will not be resolved by a bit of scientific interplay.

Regards,
    Count Rostac de Pantou

Spoiler: House Lacross [Enigma: 5]
    Show

I am uncertain of the wisdom of undertaking a crusade at this time. Certainly it needs to be done, but there are already Vespid in the Akkadu sector even if their presence is only trivial so far. It may be more strategically sound to ensure that our own sector's gate to the Outer Reaches is secure before moving our forces away.

Regards,
    Duke Menard Lacross

Spoiler: House Arnos [Enigma: 5]
    Show

The Vespid are a worthy foe, and I will certainly send my forces to match themselves against the swarm. Still before I commit myself to your crusade I wish to discuss the Dorvale situation with my neighbors. Best not to let the Vespid gain yet another foothold.

Regards,
    Duke Raudos Arnos

Spoiler: House Berger [Enigma: 5]
    Show

I feel that your house is ignoring my queen's own call for crusade ever so slightly. I will certainly need to commit my forces to her vanguard, but I will see if I have any to spare for liberating House Lonestar.

Regards,
    Duke Ernst Berger

Spoiler: House Voss [Enigma: 6]
    Show

How exactly will this share be determined. It's best to get these details settled beforehand than after the fighting is done.

Regards,
    Duchess Brechtje Voss

Show

And I believe your admirals have not adequately reviewed the Vespid briefing material. I was there in the aftermath of the Liness campaign when they decided to refocus their efforts elsewhere even when a second brood was already encroaching on Liness again. I've seen the Ytterbus reports on the projected size of the swarm. The vespids could throw broods at us for centuries without decreasing more than a fraction of their swarm. We need to do more than react. We need a proactive solution.

I don't know if I have one, but I do know that letting scouts penetrate our borders is sure to lead to more Vespid following them. I intend to commit my forces to ensure not a single Vespid scout breaches Imperium space, and that none of their beacons remains to guide more Vespids to Akkadu. This is the mission House Sansone was founded for so I will do so gladly. And you can rest assured that your fleets can move elsewhere without worrying about the safety of their own worlds.

Sincerely,
    Duke Stephano Sansone

Spoiler: The Excagon Family [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru,

Your offer is a generous one, but are sure of what you are offering? My children are all well trained in the noble arts including military strategy, but still they are Excagon not Zaqaru. Will your officers really be willing to submit themselves to the command of outsiders. If there is a leadership dispute it will only hurt both of us.

Sincerely,
    Grandmother Lahal

Spoiler: Primogenesis [Enigma: 4]
    Show

If we were uninvolved with House Greenflame that would be a profitable arrangement. However not only are their fleets larger than yours, and so leave more Vespid carcasses to harvest. But the Greenflame admirals have also made the bold offer of allowing my specialists to direct the fire of their warships to most efficiently disable the Vespid.

I was wary of even suggesting this step, but the Greenflame crews have proven disciplined enough to work well even with my civilian teams.

I am certainly prepared to work with the Zaqaru Dynasty. But I hope you can see why I will direct the focus of my efforts to stay with House Greenflame for as long as they will be willing to work with Primogenesis.

Regards,
    Director Howard Chen

House Okeke
    Show
    Regent Okeke,

We have some knowledge of warp gates. However we wish to know what your purpose in gathering that knowledge is before sharing. As after all while the warp gates tie the Imperium together they are also famously temperamental.

Duke Stephano Sansone

Spoiler: House Arnos [Enigma: 5]
    Show
    Regent Okeke,

I am not one to let an enemy scout us unimpeded. Let us send out our fleets and cut off this branch of the Vespid swarm before it even reaches the Imperium. As our unfortunate peers have shown fighting them on our own territory can only be detrimental to us.

Sincerely,
    Duke Raudos Arnos

Spoiler: House Lonestar [Enigma: 4]
    Show
    Regent Okeke,

Now normally I would take that offer as it sounds mighty cowardly. But I admit House Lonestar could be doing better, and we'll take what help we can get. Problem is our homeworld of Tarsus is overrun off by the Vespids. And I'm not willing to cut any survivors there off completely. If you'd be willing I'll put a strike force together to escort your scientists into the system and destabilize the warp gate there.

Regards,
    Duke Benjamin Stone

The Exiles' Consortium
    Spoiler: The Freeholds [Enigma: 4]
    Show
    So we have heard, but history says otherwise. We will wait and see if things have changed.

Spoiler: The Shadda Cabal [Enigma: Always Watching]
    Show
    So refresshing. AN honest transaction. Unlike your miserly neighbors who want something for nothing. Ah Ha let it never be said that the Cabal does not reciprocate. Here is our knowledge of the Void Worms.

The Vespid: Mind Hives
    Attached is a package detailing half a dozen different strains of Vespid including everything encountered so far as well as several more including a plasma swarmer variant, one that is basically a living railgun, and a strange one that uses gravitational singularities to warp space around it. Including are lists of known weaknesses as well as an estimate of how much it costs a Hive to grow each strain.

The final segment is note on the Vespid life cycle. The Hives seen normally by the Imperium are a stunted immature form. Given access to certain key exotic elements a Hive will increase massively in size and develop both the new strains documented in the package and more intelligence which it applies to seeking out new resources more strategically than through pure animal instinct.

The Cabal has added a note that for all there observations they still have never seen a brood this aggressive before and hypothesize that there is a third stage beyond the Mind Hives that requires still other elements to catalyze.

---
    Ah the Empty House. Sadly no. Some things are beyond even our sight. Which should make you wary indeed.

House Greenflame
    Spoiler: House Laramy [Enigma: 10]
    Show
    Dear Duke Farid Saquar,

By all means duke Saquar. I invite you to Sigmar Kuldav.

Queen Persephone Hallow

Spoiler: House Ytterbus [Enigma 7]
    Show
    Certainly, I am happy to oblige an ally such as yourself.

Duchess Cupria Ytterbus

Spoiler: [GM]
    Show
    Hmm, yes I'll allow it.

TRAM
    Spoiler: Meeting
    Show
    House Starosta: Normally this would lie beyond our interests, but we agree that the current threat to the Imperium makes such a study a worthwhile endeavor. We will contribute.

House Vastadd: We have already begun gathering some samples, but we are concerned by the spread of Vespid materials all across the Imperium. Our scientists have discovered some disconcerting facts about their regenerative capabilities.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show

Should such a grudge be justified, that would be an excellent point. However, Zaqaru is not responsible for the death of your mother. Instead, like yourself, we are a victim. Several of our agents have been abducted. Now you bring forth an accusation of murder to our agents. It is clear the culprit of both is one and the same.

I suggest you look close to the one who has the most capacity of all the noble Houses for covert action, one who has full access to your territory on simple grounds of authority.

If there is any deserving of your grudge, it would be the one who has offered House de Pantou a fake protection. Therefore, trusting those fleets to keep your scientists safe would be a mistake.

With regards to the your lack of achievements in xenobiology, I refuse to see that as a counterpoint. Certainly, there are others who have more experience, but that should not be a reason to not make a good attempt together.

Therefore, I hope you will reconsider. After all, you stand to profit and would deny support to one deserving your grudge.

Yours sincerely,

Show

Certainly the gate to the Outer Reaches should be watched, but given no scouts have been reported in Birqu, little more than a patrol will be sufficient to achieve that mission. Any fleets beyond that can participate in the Vespid Crusade, which I believe will be vastly preferable as House Lacross will be able to bring home the resources gained from battle to either profit or study for the battles to come.

In addition, by making the Vespids hurt in a Sector far from Akkadu I believe we may keep their attention there, which will be beneficial for our own Sector. House Sansone will guard Kara’s gate to the Outer Reaches where the scout was detected, so that should free our fleets to strike.

Yours sincerely,

Show
    Dear Duke Raudos Arnos,

I am glad you and I think alike on this matter and I look forward to see your forces face the Vespids. The aid of House Arnos will be greatly appreciated. I fully understand you wish to discuss with your neighbours and I look forward to the results of such conversations.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Berger
    Show
    Dear Duke Berger,

Please forgive my King to lack a desire to cooperate directly with your Queen in a Crusade. I hope you understand why, given your own circumstances of vassalage. As righteous King, he has launched his own Crusade instead, to which you are welcome to join alongside that of Queen Hallow.

As opposed to giving aid to one’s liege under the pressure of vassalage, I politely ask you to stand together with family, in the name of friendship and a good deal as no tribute is asked from the gains. Naturally, your forces need contribute to your liege’s efforts, but outside the legally required contributions, I look forward to what you may wish to contribute to the Vespid Crusade Coalition.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Voss
    Show
    Dear Duchess Brechtje Voss,

Certainly! Zaqaru intends to send a force about equal in strength to last time, thus when Zaqaru receives support, anything gained above the last operation will be attributed to said support and will be divided amongst the supporters based on contribution.

Would said distribution be agreeable?

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Sansone
    Show
    Dear Duke Sansone Stephano,

Exactly, we need to act! What better way to gather the forces of the Imperium than to the defense of a capital? With sufficient number and explorers, we may then push onto the Outer Reaches and territory can be claimed from the Vespids!

Just like the Imperium thrives on its territorial resources, so must the Vespids. To take territory beyond Welledge can prove difficult as the Imperial forces would be dealing with the enormity of the swam you mention and may be easily flanked. However, no such worry of flanking is there in Ashvale. Striking beyond Ashvale will also draw attention away from Akkadu, therefore I believe it is a perfect target of the Vespid Crusade Coalition.

However, I understand your concerns with Vespid scouts at the borders. I believe your full force is way more than a match for a few Vespid scouts. A few fleets to spare as part Vespid Crusade Coalition are certainly welcome, but in any case I am grateful for the safety House Sansone provides at the border.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: Excagon Family
    Show
    Dear Duchess Lahal,

You raise an excellent point. It has been decades since our military did an action like this and I should have been more attentive to what may happen. Therefore, I propose we still do this, but keep the scope maintainable, while enough to contribute.

Let’s have four fleets to receive nobles from Excagon, who are all wearing Zaqaru Jewelry. An appropriate ceremony to bestow temporary command upon them by King Nabuna Zaqaru, where they will be heralded for their knowledge and tactical insight in Rayview, which Zaqaru commanders lack so far away from Zaqaru. Grand Admiral Sacaru Kemar would be the top commander of the Zaqaru fleets, setting out the primary objectives, to show that Zaqaru is at the top of the command line, while leaving enough freedom to the Excagon nobles to act on their initiative. I will ask the Grand Admiral to select Earls with Fleets supportive of this plan.

Whatever other forces you would be willing to send would be cooperate with this segment, which we could call the Rayview Vanguard. While this limited scope would not fully realise the full potential of the initiate in the theatre of war, I believe it will have sufficient other benefits. First of all, Excagon’s presence in defending Rayview would add to your already exemplary reputation. It would increase your influence in the Sector and not only be a symbol of cooperation between us, but with House Lonestar as well. In addition, it will be an opportunity to learn how successful using your commanders in Rayview operations for Zaqaru fleets is, while the limited scope will prevent potential disputes from hurting both of us in any significant degree.

I welcome feedback to this plan and look forward to hearing from you again.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: Primogenesis
    Show
    Dear Director Howard Chen,

Thank you for elaborating on the matter. Considering your position, I understand why you wish to continue cooperation with House Greenflame for as long as they agree to do so. Should there come a time that your dealings end, feel free to contact Zaqaru.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Lonestar
    Show
    Dear Duke Benjamin Stone,

Zaqaru is hard at work to gather forces in the Vespid Crusade. It is my sincere hope you will bestow upon us the honour to join the Vespid Crusade Coalition in public as Zaqaru’s fleets prepare to make their way to liberate your capital system.

In addition, I have a proposal. House Lonestar is famed and renowned for its exploration adventures. Surely you must have ventured far beyond the warp gate leading to the Outer Reaches beyond your capital system. Should the forces Zaqaru is gathering be sufficient to combat the Vespids in your territory and claim a victory like was obtained in Welledge, the Vespids may be driven back further from your capital than merely the next system. But to do so, I believe two things will be crucial. Information on what lies beyond and the explorers to guide the fleets. I believe you have both. Therefore, would you be willing to share what information you have and send your explorers alongside the Vespid Crusade Coalition to guide the fleets to drive the Vespids back?

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: Awaiting Responses from:
    Show
    House Gilkara
    House Okeke
    House Laramy (public response)
    Triune Pact
    House Yuliya
    House Chinedu
    House Marguerite
    House Mirza
    House Ragnarr
    House Guenièvre
    House Andile
    House Anil
    House Viljem
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-11-02 at 02:11 AM.

16. - Top - End - #436

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 7

Players

The Exiles Consortium
    Spoiler
    Show
    I need to speak further with the Liness Coalition before I ask specific numbers, but from what I know of your factions strengths I wonder how much you sent to the Liness Campaign? I will be providing military escort and equipment, but your expert scanning equipment and stealth ships could prove critical in finding a true solution.

Would you consider sparing [5-7 agents] for this mission? Your faction is by far the expert here so I am more than happy to hear recommendations on how much would be wise to bring.

Duke Farid Saquar
    Master of the Grand Marquis

House Okeke
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regent Dayo,

I wish your family much luck in discovering the fate of your expedition fleet.

Your call for warpgate research has me rather intrigued, I was just considering directing some of my scientists to study the secrets of the gates. In a few years time, would you be interested in sharing notes? I have already had great success with another such research agreement elsewhere in the imperium, and so long as we send a liaison to ensure our efforts are not doubling up, we could save ourselves some effort down the line.

Regards,
    Duke Farid Saquar

TRAM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am uncertain if this research will result in a new archive, but I assure you, if it does it will be open to the other members of TRAM. [You can spend university to look into something related to an archive that you possess for more information and bonuses, I have two Outer Expanse archives.]

Regardless of new archives, I think we have good odds of finding a better solution than an Imperial Crusade, which will bring our houses some significant glory. Thank you Lord Starosta, I know this is not your usual interests, and I will consider this a favour. House Vastadd, would you be willing to share the information gathered so far? From your brief words some particularly disastrous conclusions could be drawn.

NPCs

House Ytterbus PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arda Saquar arrives aboard the Hospital ship Lousha’s Grace, clearly still weary from handling fleet logistics. His winebottle green military uniform is crisp and clean, with a freshly delivered badge for “Service in the Liness Campaign”.

“Duchess Cupbria, it is good to see you, I think the last time we spoke was the Sashaw? Amazing what a few dozen lightyears can do to communication.” Arda gives a diplomatic smile, and offers a hand to shake.

“I should probably save the proper small talk for after business is discussed today, certainly there is a great deal to discuss. I’m primarily here to speak about the rebuilding efforts. Welledge spent years under the grip of the Vespids, not to mention your capital worlds. I hope you can forgive my directness, but how total was the damage? My cousin Farid wishes to assist in the rebuilding of Welledge, both financially and technologically, if you will have us of course.”

Arda flips open his wrist holo and offers up fleet data on the Haytham.

“The other matter I wish to discuss is the final extermination of the pests in Welledge and scouting of the Vespids beyond your border gates. The Haytham managed to come out of the Liness Campaign with relatively few losses, though certainly not none.” Arda’s smile breaks for a moment, and his words stutter and stall somewhat. He shakes himself before continuing. “Regardless I intend to reorganize the fleets to keep the Haytham at full strength for the rest of the campaign, and as promised our equipment updates are in the process of application, so it's a tough old fleet. I still find myself nervous about what might lie beyond the Welledge gates though, and was wondering if your sensors have had any clues. Also, would the ships of the Liness Coalition be willing to accompany us beyond the gates in our scouting expedition once the remaining Vespids in Welledge have been cleared?”

House Laramy PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Farid Saquar arrives to Sigma Kuldav aboard the Measured Response, his outfit stately and his demeanor deferential. He bows with respect before speaking.

"Queen Persephone, thank you for granting me this audience, I come bearing the sprouts of diplomacy seeded over the last few years. For this to bear fruits however, I need the support of greater forces in the Imperium.”

Farid rises from his bow, gazing at the throne.

“Allow me to explain, my family has watched over the Freehold gates for many generations, but of late, threats to the Imperium have not been from the Freehold in the least. Some nobles might call the Freehold a logical expansion route for the Imperium, but I am inclined to disagree. I believe that the Freehold represents potential ally for the Imperium, and with threats now pressing in from the galactic south and galactic north, we could use an ally right now.”

Farid draws the fine paper mock-up of the defensive pact forth from his sleeve.

“I have discussed this with several movers and shakers in the Freeholds, and they have agreed to consider the following, A defensive alliance with the Imperium wherein if either party is attacked, the other shall send a force of no less than [30 navy] to assist for a minimum of fifteen years, unless the war is shorter in which case forces are released. While it hardly represents either the Imperium’s or Freeholds’ full might, it is still a significant force that could potentially tip the scales in the defenders favour.”

“Of course with the situation in the Imperium centralized authority is limited, and it would be difficult to rally the nobles in a fair manner should the Freehold be attacked, so I have another proposal to rectify that problem. My house has long held the honour of both defending against -and leading into- the Freeholds. Should the deal be agreeable to both yourself and the members of the council who take care of the Imperial throne, simply change the duty of house Greenflame from Defenders of the Border to Defenders of the Allies. Should the Freeholds be attacked, my house will fulfill the Imperium’s end of the Defensive Agreement. All I ask is that this pact be bound not any one house, but to the Imperial throne itself. Hence my request for an audience with the Caretakers of the Throne.”

Farid steps back, waiting patiently for a response.

17. - Top - End - #437

RogueGuy

Show
    Grand Admiral Sacesu Kemar,

I think you for your words, you honor me. Our fleet pales in comparison to yours. Again, thank Hydra, we prefer to not have our ships destroyed.

Perhaps in time we can discuss my fears. For now we will be pleased to back your expedition for an exchange for support in our scientific endeavors.

Anoa Gilkara.

Spoiler: TRAM
    Show
    Allow us to be clear in our position. We are interested in this endeavor. We would like to know what compensation would be set forward for the other members. And we want it to be formally stated in front of everyone.

There are many scientific endeavors going on right now, so we are stretching our scientists thin as it is. Would you be willing to return the same number of scientists to help in future endeavors?

Show
    ((Repost))We would like to reach out to you, we are extremely interested in warp gate technology. We have some such technology, and we would like to grow that knowledge. What would you propose?
    Bastilonis

18. - Top - End - #438

Enigma 5

Spoiler: The Shadda Cabal
    Show
    Agreed. A simple exchange is always appreciated. I will be sure to make good use of this information, and to contact you should I think of anything else.

-O

Spoiler: The Imperial Archives
    Show
    Greetings, Archivist.

The Exiles' Consortium has need of some sensitive information from within the Imperial Archives to assist the Imperium's efforts against the Vespid threat. Is there some way to request these records?

-O

Show
    Without knowing specifics, it is hard to judge, but I would be happy to send the very same agents that were sent on the Liness Campaign.

-O

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show
    Dear Lady Anoa Gilkara,

Your deeds honour you to which my words stand in stark contrast.

I fully understand the preference to not have your ships destroyed. Should your forces join the Vespid Crusade Coalition, I can look out for your ships safety.

However, I understand you wish an exchange of military backing for scientific endeavors. Unfortunately, I believe you are overestimating the scientific capacity Zaqaru has its disposal. Our universities pale in comparison to yours and are very much needed for Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta her own plans.

To be forward, I had hoped that Grand Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru could persuade House Gilkara to contribute not on basis of trade, but rather politically. Sending fleets to either the Ashvale theatre or the Welledge theatre does not yield any greater or less reward based on the choice, nor can anything be said about chances of success as the largest fleet has yet to pick a destination. Given House Gilkara is closer to Rayview than Liness and has a family relation with Zaqaru, I ask you to consider contribution on that basis.

Should that not be enough, I may be persuaded to send a bodyguard fleet for your safety. After all, I do not wish to see fear in such a great woman. I am open to discuss what may be on your mind, but I understand if you do not wish to even hint towards them on such channels at this time.

Yours sincerely,

PM

Spoiler: House Lacross (PM)
    Show

Source: https://www.pinterest.cl/pin/401946335476533518/

Athon, Dasari Palace Courtyard

The silence on the courtyard was broken by the steps of King Nabuna Zaqaru and Duke Menard Lacross walking. A place of a moment’s respite, peace and quiet. The sun shone through the glass dome above, illuminating the architecture and plants, all carefully designed by King Nabuna Zaqaru himself. After all, his hobby was interior design, as Duke Menard Lacross was familiar by now. The two had met on several informal occasions, as the Duke had been welcomed to several events and celebrations because of his marriage to Eshkit Zaqaru.

“I hope the dinner was to your liking, Menard.” As family, there was no more need for formal titles in such private circumstances. “I’m happy to see you and Eshkit together. I and Saundri certainly enjoyed listening to the tales of you both and your own daughter. You’re always welcome at Zaqaru.” Despite Nabuna’s own wish to treat Duke Menard Lacross as family, the fact that Nabuna is a King will during his reign be obvious. Now and in any other moment, he wears the Golden Zaqaru Crown. Wearing is not the correct word, however. When it formed during the Crowning Ceremony, it melted and bonded with his head, to last until abdication. The Crown is not the only change for Nabuna. He walks with a regal stride, a confidence, a grace, a strength absolutely radiating his noble presence.

“I wish to offer my regret and discuss a matter important to me. Soon after my own Coronation, I called for a Crusade against the Vespids. I offer you my regret for not calling on your advice and support before doing so.” There’s a solemness to Nabuna’s face before he looks intently at Duke Menard Lacross.

“Zaqaru and Lacross are allies. My gratitude for your support, as friend, as ally, in my Coronation cannot be expressed in mere words.” There’s a moment of silence as he turns to face Menard Lacross. “Yet, I want to ask you for more than support. Menard, what can I do to convince you and your daughter to become my vassal?”

Duke Menard Lacross knows that if needed, his daughter is nearby to call for this matter. Where after the dinner Nabuna and Menard moved to the Courtyard, Saundri, Eshkit and his daughter moved to another nearby chamber to relax.

“A position on the Council from the next period will be yours, where I believe Grand Admiral or Grand Scientist would be a good fit. I listen well to the advice of my Council. The current Crusade is based on the council of my Grand Diplomat and Grand Admiral, for instance. As Councillor you will have a say in the Zaqaru succession, as well as having a vote on laws and high noble tribute.”

“For you, as valued friend, the Zaqaru industries will be ready to process any trade to the equipment designs available at the regular cost.”

“I dream of a reunited Kingdom, Menard. A realm that stands as a beacon of nobility and strength in the Imperium. An idle dream, I know, for my time as King is limited and relations are not strong enough. Therefore, I seek to strengthen our bond. What does it take?” King Nabuna Zaqaru looks Duke Menard Lacross deep in the eyes.

Restored King
    Nabuna Zaqaru
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-11-02 at 03:04 PM.

20. - Top - End - #440

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 7

TRAM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I mean for the rest of TRAM to share in the prestige of finding a permanent solution to these invaders, and to have priority access to these countermeasures so that our fleets can harvest more gravitic cores than anyone else.

Players

The Exiles Consortium
    Spoiler
    Show
    Outsider,

That sounds reasonable, your contingent was certainly sufficient before. If I may ask, did your forces learn anything more than was publically available during the Liness Campaign?

Regards,
    Farid Saquar

NPCS

Primogenisis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for your services in the Liness Campaign, your company has certainly proved its value. I hope you will continue to work with our fleets? I intend to split the fleet in two for the next portion of this crusade, one to accompany the Imperial Crusade, and one to scout into the outer expanse and learn more of the Vespid threat. I would very much appreciate your company’s presence in both contingents. I hope the previous agreement will still be acceptable?

Regards,
    Duke Farid Saquar

House Ghadavi
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Ghadavi,
    Is your house in need of military supplies? With the Vespid threat spreading along the border territories from the galactic north your houses may be facing the threat soon enough. Rest assured that I will help should they threaten your territory my fleets will come to help drive them back, but in the meantime I can certainly offer Greenflame equipment to strengthen your forces.

[1 trade / 3 equipment]
    Hexshot Fighters:
    Ultralight fighters with few peers, Star Superiority Fighters will screen heavier ships and tend light ships from the stars. Six retrothruster engines pair with six Umbra III Blasters for unrivaled maneuverability, see the footage from the Sashaw star race for one in action. Dorsal and belly mounted lighting lasers give a full field of fire as well as superior atmospheric close air support.

Orca Bombers:
    An ultralight torpedo delivery ship designed to shake battleships to fragments with forty inboard launching nuclear magnetic torpedoes. A pair of lightning lasers ward off interceptors and grant some dueling capability against other bombers.

2 trade / 5 equipment
    Radiant Shield Generators:
    Based on the designs of the Heart of the Fleet prototype, Radiant shields are an upgrade in every aspect over void shield generators. While less applicable to Mercantile starships and pleasurecraft, military grade power generators will easily absorb the extra power intake. In exchange, radiant tech displays far tougher resistance to both impact and energy charge weaponry, as well as noteworthy decreases in recharge intervals.

Fighter Forges:
    A heavy support module focused on carriers, the fighter forge is a shipboard ultralight factory, allowing ships to harvest anything from metallic asteroids to battlefield scrap and create endless fleets of fightercraft, even in the heat of battle.

Gorgon Ion Cannons:
    Designed for heavier ships, the Gorgons fill the purpose of anti capitol ship weapons. Sustained fire can shred shielding and overload electronics, preventing return fire and allowing enemy ships to be safely brought down.

Thunderbolt Bombers:
    Designed with the prevalence of slower bombers in mind, Thunderbolts are akin to heavy fighters with a destructive plasma torpedo for engaging hard targets. Powerful afterburners allow them to move in and out before bomber countermeasures can be properly deployed.

Regards,
    Duke Farid Saquar,
    Master of the Grand Marquis.

House Sasone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Sasone,
    Is your house in need of military supplies? With the Vespid threat spreading along the border territories from the galactic north your houses may be facing the threat soon enough. I know your fleets are some of the most capable in all of the Imperium, and rest assured that I will help should they threaten your territory my fleets will come to help drive them back, but incase there is need I can certainly offer Greenflame equipment to strengthen your forces.

[1 trade / 3 equipment]
    Hexshot Fighters:
    Ultralight fighters with few peers, Star Superiority Fighters will screen heavier ships and tend light ships from the stars. Six retrothruster engines pair with six Umbra III Blasters for unrivaled maneuverability, see the footage from the Sashaw star race for one in action. Dorsal and belly mounted lighting lasers give a full field of fire as well as superior atmospheric close air support.

Orca Bombers:
    An ultralight torpedo delivery ship designed to shake battleships to fragments with forty inboard launching nuclear magnetic torpedoes. A pair of lightning lasers ward off interceptors and grant some dueling capability against other bombers.

2 trade / 5 equipment
    Radiant Shield Generators:
    Based on the designs of the Heart of the Fleet prototype, Radiant shields are an upgrade in every aspect over void shield generators. While less applicable to Mercantile starships and pleasurecraft, military grade power generators will easily absorb the extra power intake. In exchange, radiant tech displays far tougher resistance to both impact and energy charge weaponry, as well as noteworthy decreases in recharge intervals.

Fighter Forges:
    A heavy support module focused on carriers, the fighter forge is a shipboard ultralight factory, allowing ships to harvest anything from metallic asteroids to battlefield scrap and create endless fleets of fightercraft, even in the heat of battle.

Gorgon Ion Cannons:
    Designed for heavier ships, the Gorgons fill the purpose of anti capitol ship weapons. Sustained fire can shred shielding and overload electronics, preventing return fire and allowing enemy ships to be safely brought down.

Thunderbolt Bombers:
    Designed with the prevalence of slower bombers in mind, Thunderbolts are akin to heavy fighters with a destructive plasma torpedo for engaging hard targets. Powerful afterburners allow them to move in and out before bomber countermeasures can be properly deyployed.

Regards,
    Duke Farid Saquar,
    Master of the Grand Marquis.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Aboard the Ispatu, Torpedo Frigate

Silence on the bridge. The officers avoid looking at the captain’s seat. One officer looks at her screen to monitor the interceptors flying along their formation. Another tries to look attentive to the two torpedo frigates flanking the Ispatu. The tension is palpable, the sweat on the foreheads of the men and women nearby the seat of command visible. One officer loosens his shirt a bit at the neck, as if it is hot. Another shivers, as if it were cold. Neither hold true, as the temperature is regulated. Yet at the center one human is boiling, his teeth clenched.

Prince Nidaadea Zaqaru

“Blasted Namzara! Blasted Amsumur!”
    The thunder of his voice is heavy. Prince Nidaadea Zaqaru, so shortly named Crown Prince before the votes already changed and the title of Crown Prince shifted to Prince Amsumur Zaqaru. A face flush of red hot anger.

“And you!”
    Prince Nidaadea Zaqaru calls up the map of the Imperium, rising up and pointing at one of the regions.

“Don’t think I will forget!”
    With a snarl on his face, he turns back as the sight is dismissed. He looks at his officers, who cautiously try to avoid meeting his gaze. Unfortunately, there is one unlucky enough, a young officer who held fast to her post but now had to endure a tantrum from Prince Nidaadea Zaqaru. Minor details are blown up, such as folds in her uniform, not straight enough posture and lack of attention to her duties. As she’s dismissed from her post and swiftly replaced by another officer, Prince Nidaadea Zaqaru blows off steam and sinks back in his command chair, where he mutters under his breath that he needs a drink. That’s for later, when he’s in the captain’s quarters.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-11-06 at 04:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

House Okeke

Spoiler: Filo
    Show

Mostly an information trade, we reference your archives and you reference ours then so we can both grow our reserves of knowledge. Preferably together for a long period of time though for now a trial period would be preferable.
    Regent Dayo Okeke

Spoiler: House Zaqaru
    Show

Greetings Grand Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru,
    An investigation of the scouts is being discussed. The hope is to deal with them before we have to fight on multiple fronts. A probing force is planned to be sent by Lonestar as well for us to destabilize the warp gate and cut off reinforcements. We were hoping to try to destabilize multiple gates all at once near the points of contact before the Vespids can figure out what we are doing or try to devise a counter to it.

You raise some good points. We will consider sending some scientists for the actual offensive. It does sound useful to get the freshest samples and actually see the combat.

Regent Dayo Okeke

Spoiler: House Lonestar
    Show

We are willing to try but given the situation it is vital that the Vespids are forced far enough away they can't see what we are doing to the gate while we do it. Last thing we need is for the Vespids to figure out how to destabilize gates. It isn't exactly an easy procedure to do but with how adaptive they are it is a risk.

Spoiler: Consortium
    Show

Great, we are excited to meet your liaison and hope we can can come to an arrangement.

Spoiler: House Sansone
    Show

Duke Stephano Sansone,
    Our ultimate goal is to warp larger objects than are currently impossible to move long distances. This may sound pointless to some but the ability to move entire populations has always been a dream of ours. Ultimately though, our goal is a long one. There are many things we must do first. After all to warp larger objects we would probably need to create our own warp gates or figure out how to enlarge the current ones which has all kinds of logistical problems considering most don't know how to even begin to maintain them appropriately let alone do anything of importance to them. What is vital though is that this research is done now. Nothing lasts forever and it is better to collect knowledge now than to relearn it later.
    Regent Dayo Okeke

Show

Duke Raudos Arnos,

We are quite willing to help. Our ultimate goal is to stop them from capturing territory so we have a few possible plans. If you have any yourself please share. Assuming they haven't captured the territory one warp away from us we could plan an ambush. We could destabilize the portal leading into that territory and station the fleets there. When the attack comes they would get seriously hurt from the warp and then the fleet just finishes them off. The other option if they are already set up one warp away or you want to go on the offensive is to do the attack and while we distract the Vespids guarding the warp gate a group of agents could move one of my scientist ships to the warp they are coming from and destabilize cutting off any steady stream of reinforcements. Then depending on how many there are we can retreat or try to push them back enough they retreat into the destabilized gate.

Minister of Defence Adaku Okeke

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

Zaqaru Dynasty
    Spoiler: “House de Pantou [Enigma: 4
    Show
    ”]Grand Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru,

Hmm, yes and we both know who was to blame in that regrettable incident. I will certainly work to see that my mother’s killer receive justice.

Count Rostac de Pantou

Spoiler: “House Laramy [Enigma: 10
    Show
    ”]King Nabuna Zaqaru,

I was willing to tolerate your actions until now, but if you continue to interfere with my vassals and insult my ability to carry out a liege's duty. Then I will treat you like a true rival king.

Sincerely,
    Queen Persephone Hallow

Spoiler: “The Triune Pact [Enigma: 3
    Show

Your words have merit. We will send an expeditionary force to help fend off the Vespid menace.

Count Perilkis Treasach

Spoiler: “House Yuliya [Enigma: 3
    Show

We are aware of the threat, but we have little to contribute.

Earl Domenica Yuliya

House Mallach
    Spoiler: “House Yuliya [Enigma: 3
    Show
    ”]We wish to purchase the services of several of your mercenary fleets.
    Earl Domenica Yuliya

TRAM [Enigma:4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    House Vastadd: It is simple the samples we collect show a marked ability to regenerate themselves into Vespid organisms. It is slow, but robust. And indeed the very slowness is the problem in that the issue is not immediately apparent to a casual observer. The Vespid can be thoroughly killed, but specimens that appear dead can be very much alive. Months or years later regenerate to the point where they can begin infesting their surroundings. For instance if they were so valuable that many scavengers attempted to collect as many Vespid organs as possible without properly disposing of still viable portions, then distributing them throughout the Imperium while the navies that would normally be able to easily deal with nascent infections are called away.

House Greenflame
    Spoiler: “House Ytterbus [Enigma: PM
    Show
    ”]Duchess Cupria is a new form. It's lines are sleek still, but it is thick and battle ready designed for war rather than court. She greets Saquar with a nod, "Admiral it may be lighter than you expect. So we only took light damage there. The main issue is that we have lost the majority of our orbital infrastructure, and our lines of communication and trade were cut for the past decade leading to mass turmoil. I would be happy to receive any assistance you can offer."

She sighs, "I'm afraid I would love to send ships beyond the Welledge gates, but it won't be possible. Our scouts report that there is a massive brood of Vespid approaching, and we expect them to arrive sometime in the next few years. Please thank Director Chen for me. His scientists have been most helpful in refining the sensor data and identifying the new strains."

She frowns, "I do hope that your fleets will still be willing to assist us Admiral. I've already spoken with Kelse and Jinks and their fleets will help us prepare another defensive line, but if anything we expect this brood to be larger than the first one. So we will be hard pressed."

Spoiler: “House Laramy [Enigma: PM
    Show
    ”]Queen Persephone is resplendent on the Pale Throne as she listens to Farid. A filament of light scans the paper when he offers it and she furrows her brow. A voice rolls out of the walls feminine, but with odd undertones, "No one sits in the Titanium Throne. House Greenflame is free to change its duties as it sees fit. However you lack the forces to fulfill the Imperium's obligation alone."

"Do you wish the aid of the Imperial fleets? They would seem better suited to such an obligation than any one house. I will lend my support for a call for an Imperial Council if you so wish."

Exiles' Consortium
    Spoiler: “The Imperial Archives [Enigma: 10
    Show
    ”]You can request them by filling out a requisition form and sending it for archival processing.

House Okeke
    Spoiler: “House Lonestar [Enigma: 5
    Show
    ”]"You're saying you have to be on both sides of a gate to cut it. That sounds like a right good way to get a lot of people cut off and killed when it works."

Spoiler: “House Sansone [Enigma: 5
    Show
    ”]Regent Dayo Okeke,

That is actually fairly simple. House Sansone does not know the exact technique to do so, but have numerous records of other Houses being able to enlargen warp gates. And per the historical records it is one of the first and safest methods of interacting with a warp gate that is discovered. We would be happy to help you learn the necessary techniques.

Duke Stephano Sansone

Spoiler: “House Arnos [Enigma: 5
    Show
    ”]
    Minister Adaku,

These plans seem unnecessarily complicated. Much as I wish to pit my forces against the Vespid in open combat if you have the ability to destabilize a gate, then just cut the link. We can reopen the gate and clear out anything left on the other side once the Vespid in the other parts of the Imperium are dealt with.

Duke Raudos Arnos

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show
    Dear Regent Dayo Okeke,

To destabilize the warp gates carries great risk. I understand the wish to do so, as it may well hamper or stop the Vespid entry, but I would urge not to do so at the capital of House Lonestar given the risk. Instead, I will propose what I have proposed earlier to House Lonestar.

Should enough forces be gathered by Zaqaru to combat the Vespids at the capital and claim victory as was obtained in Welledge, it may well result in the Vespids being driven back further than merely the next system. To do so, information on the systems beyond is needed, which I requested from House Lonestar, but have yet to receive a response to.

This does not preclude destabilizing a warp gate, but I suggest that if such is done, if possible it be done at a system further away from the border. This will both minimize risk to the Lonestar capital as well as allow a greater opportunity to deny territory to the Vespids. Given the danger involved, I feel it is best this is done after the area is secure and no Vespids on warp gates are present to sabotage the action or worse, learn from it.

Therefore, if you wish to destabilize warp gates, I advise you to do so at warp gates leading out of Fogview, as those are not controlled by Vespids at current.

In any case, I welcome any scientists you wish to send to study the Vespids in combat!

Yours sincerely,

Show

From your response I assume you deem my proposal not fit for such work, which you wish to dedicate yourself to. What opportunity do you seek that would be fit to aid in your endeavours?

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Laramy
    Show
    Dear Queen Persephone Laramy,

With sadness I learn that my words have offended you. In a time when the Vespids are at the Imperium’s borders, I sought to invite my brother in law to offer forces to fight alongside my own forces. Certainly, Duke Ernst Berger is your vassal, but there was no intention to insult you in any form by offering a public invitation. I regret that it caused offense. Should you wish to forbid Duke Ernst Berger from accepting my offer, I will not press the point. I see no need to spark a rivalry over this when there are more pressing matters.

Yours sincerely,
    King Nabuna Zaqaru

Spoiler: Triune Pact
    Show
    Dear Count Perilkis Treasach,

Thank you for your support. I welcome the Triune Pact to the Vespid Crusade Coalition!

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Yuliya
    Show
    Dear Earl Domenica Yuliya,

Even small contributions are welcome. However, should you deem it too little, that is worrying to know given your proximity to the threat. As I would like to assist, please inform me what you need most to change this situation.

Yours sincerely,

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Miner (J. Aaron Kambeitz) https://well-of-souls.com/homeworld/hw2/concept.htm

Zaqaru

The Zaqaru industry is and has always been running on miners. From the time the Zaqaru family first settled the sector and build up their power to the current day, the beating heart of their prosperity and power is the collecting and processing of ores. Boundless wealth in the form of metal and mineral ores, especially precious metals, has been their claim to power from the start.

Now, that wealth is divided between the current holdings of Zaqaru and the Akkadu Dukes, House Sansone, House Lacross and House Voss. Still, Zaqaru’s core territory has access to some of the most precious of metals. Rich metal veins in asteroid belts are the great source of boundless wealth and resource collectors are constantly at work to supply the great furnaces and industries of not just Zaqaru or even Akkadu, but the entire Imperium.

Whether the asteroid belts are part of planetary asteroid belts or within the system, the miners diligently fly through space to collect the resources. Mines are present on moons and planets as well, but Zaqaru specialises in resource collection in asteroid belts, due to their prominence and wealth. This specialisation does not come in the form of technological advancement. What Zaqaru lacks in high quality machinery it makes up by quantity of resource collectors, using trusted and reliable technology used for a long time.

The vast resources flow to the industries of Zaqaru. In the Zaqaru holdings, there is great wealth of metal and mineral resources, which not only fills the treasury but is the foundation of the fleets of the Zaqaru Armada. The industries keep the fleets armed with weapons, supplied with ships and filled with ammunition. The Courts display their extravagant wealth, especially in the form of precious metals incorporated from architecture to decoration, due to its large abundance in the Zaqaru economy.

Relying on economies owned and regulated by the industrial earls, Zaqaru is known for its planned economy. Capitalism, free trade and corporations are found at the edges of Zaqaru space, where merchants trade with the rest of the Imperium. For trade is essential to keep the Zaqaru economy running optimally. What it has in abundance in metals and industry, it lacks profoundly in other fields.

It has been long ago Zaqaru earned fame for its research achievements. The economy’s reliance on high-tech imports should thus come as little surprise. Organical products, such as food and textiles, as well as plastics and medical products are a great import.

The citizen in Zaqaru do not live in poverty, but neither do they live in wealth. Without imports, daily live would move towards poverty for many. The divide between poor and rich is not large amongst civilians, though the divide of wealth between civilian and noble is tremendous, with the nobility leading lives of luxury.

While rule differs between the various earls, in general citizen have few liberties and the state is very dominant in daily life. Military service is mandatory and considered a glorious honour to serve one’s liege.

Prince Sinma Zaqaru

A large spaceship arrives at:

House Gilkara,
    House Greenflame,
    House Okeke,
    Exiles Consortium

Inside is a Zaqaru Prince, the son of King Nabuna Zaqaru. Prince Sinma Zaqaru requests access to visit and study the economy of each in a journey across the Imperium.

Greetings,

Thank you for allowing me to visit. I am most curious about the Imperial economy and its working. Books and data can tell bountiful stories, but I would rather tell them myself after a visit such as this. Please, guide me through your realm and show me your industries, your markets, your source of wealth.

What part do you fulfill in the Imperial economy?
    In whatever way you like, each of you are hereby invited to describe the theme of your faction’s economy. You may use Prince Sinma Zaqaru as interested party, put up a piece on economy like I did above or reply in whatever way you see fit. This is meant as a way to liven up the game with public messages, without game impact. Therefore, this does not ask you to divulge advanced equipment information, but rather the base theme of your faction’s economy and what you would like to share about it.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-11-13 at 05:15 AM.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

Zaqaru Dynasty
    Spoiler: House Chinedu [Enigma: 3]
    Show

Our house has little interest in pursuing that sort of grand expedition. We much prefer to focus on internal matters.

Regards,
    Earl Fedlimid Chinedu

Spoiler: House Marguerite [Enigma: 3]
    Show

I see little benefit to risking my assets for vague claims. However if you wish to hire my services, then I am open to the idea.

Regards,
    Earl Jaiden Marguerite

Spoiler: House Mirza [Enigma: 3]
    Show

Your words are too grandiose for my humble house. We have nothing to offer such an expedition.

Regards,
    Earl Toma Mirza

Spoiler: House Guenievre and House Ragnarr [Enigma: 3]
    Show

We thank you for the offer, but we have plans to assist House Greenflame.

Earl Judit Guenièvre,
    Earl Natisha Ragnarr

Spoiler: House Anil, House Andile, and House Viljem [Enigma: 3]
    Show

We don't have any intention of sending forces away when the Collective lies so close to our borders.

Earl Érica Andile
    Earl Samuel Anil
    Earl Vasu Viljem

Spoiler: House Lacross [Enigma: 5]
    Show

We will send some fleets to join your crusade. However I fear you are vastly underestimating the Vespid. Consider that Ytterbus and Lonestar both lost their capitals to sudden swarms without their being any scouts at all as precursors.

Duke Menard Lacross

Spoiler: House Lacross [Enigma: PM]
    Show
    Duke Lacross walks with a heavy stride as befits a man who has had a large portion of his skeleton replaced with augmentations. He gravely listens to Nabuna's words.

"Your majesty, the weight of a pact of fealty is a balance between what you give up and what you receive. Sovereignty and wealth for security in the base case. You have offered me a seat on your council and trade agreements, but you have not said what you want in return."

"How much control will my House retain over the Birqu cluster. And what of our agreements with houses outside of the Akkadu."

House Greenflame
    Spoiler: House Guenievre and House Ragnarr [Enigma: 3]
    Show
    Duke Saquar,

We write to you because you have taken an interest in the Linpond cluster. We have seen how Count Séverin has taken over the Shadeborough cluster with your support, and we do not desire to be brought under the heel of Count Nasser in a similar fashion. Together we have amassed a small but potent naval force, and we wish to showcase our prowess by aiding your fleets in your next endeavor.

Earl Judit Guenièvre,
    Earl Natisha Ragnarr

Spoiler: Primogenisis [Enigma: 4]
    Show
    Your Grace Farid Saquar,

Quite acceptable your grace. The last few years have been very profitable for us. I would ask where into the expanse you are planning to scout however. As it can be dangerous and unpredictable even without the Vespid.

Directer Howard Chen

Spoiler: House Gadhavi [Engima: 6]
    Show
    Duke Saquar,

We are not a military house with a vast and mighty fleet. Yet we do find ourselves with a need for military equipment. And your own fleet has proven the quality of your weapons. So we are willing to make a purchase.

We will buy [6 units] of Hexshot Fighters and [6 units] of Orca Bombers for [4 Trade]

Duchess Arnborg Gadhavi

Show
    Duke Saquar,

I am amenable to purchasing your offers to bolster my fleets, but alas the Sansone's coffers are not what they once were. I will take one batch [5 units] each of your radiant shields and fighter forges for [4 Trade].

Duke Stephano Sansone

Spoiler: House Séverin [Enigma: 3]
    Show
    Your Grace Farid Saqaur,

My liege this is something that has likely occurred to you already, but I wish to know what your thoughts on claiming the throne of Whitewynne are. House Greenflame sure ranks with the greatest houses in the Imperium, and House Laramy and Zaqaru have already taken such a step.

There is the matter of territory, but it would be trivial to claim that last few votes needed for Whitewynne. I would be willing to do so with my own forces.

Sincerely,
    Count Halcyone Séverin

27. - Top - End - #447

Enigma 5

Spoiler: The Imperial Archives
    Show
    The Outsider pauses a moment and looks to the attached forms. They pause a moment, still, before resigning to the filling out paperwork.

Archivist,

Please find the requested documents attached to this response, ready for archival processing.

-O

There are indeed a number of forms attached. They detail a request on the behalf of the Exiles' Consortium for information about the resources available within each system of the Imperium, and outside, if possible. There is an emphasis on more exotic materials, especially those that the Shadaa Cabal claimed that the Vespid were interested in, and more. As for a listed reason for the information, the writing on the form simply describes that the information is critical to the Imperium's efforts against the Vespid menace.

Show
    Farid Saqar,

No. Their lot is not to research, and my scientists were busy with other projects. However, I have personally acquired new information regarding the Vespid, and am pursuing this lead further.

I am inclined to believe that the Imperium is in far more danger than anyone realizes.

-O

Spoiler: House Okeke PM
    Show
    Prime Negotiator Alberin makes his way to Okeke space by way of a finely furnished shuttle. He docks wherever has been arranged, and likewise makes his way to whatever sort of negotiation space has been prepared, all-the-while looking around, taking in the sights, sounds, and feel of the House. His chosen entourage follows closely, focused mostly on Alberin. When they arrive, only the Prime Negotiator enters the room, only after one of his lackeys hands him a briefcase.

He sits and waits patiently.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Chinedu
    Show
    Dear Earl Fedlimid Chinedu,

I am saddened to learn you have so little interest in my proposal. If there is anything I can look into to provide assistance to your internal matters, so external matters may become worthy of consideration, do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Marguerite
    Show
    Dear Earl Jaiden Marguerite,

An understandable perspective. I will certainly consider it and consult with my colleagues, the Grand Admiral and Grand Administrator, on available means. How great a service would you be willing to provide?

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Mirza
    Show
    Dear Earl Toma Mirza,

Your humility graces you. What means do you need to strive for greatness?

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Guenièvre and House Ragnarr
    Show
    Dear Earl Judit Guenièvre and Earl Natisha Ragnarr,

So be it. I wish both of you luck in your endeavours. Should those plans not work as desired, my invitation stands and I could look into ways to assist in both of your ambitions.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Anil, House Andile and House Viljem
    Show
    Dear Earl Érica Andile, Earl Samuel Anil and Earl Vasu Viljem,

I truly understand your concerns, for I do share them. It is a difficult position each of you are in, with the Collective so close. My hope is that what can be gained from my proposed action may be used to bolster your defenses against the Collective, but as you point out, that leaves a vulnerable time. Please tell me, are there other opportunities I may look into to aid you in your plight?

Yours sincerely,

Show

Thank you for your support and welcome to the Vespid Crusade Coalition!

Your words certainly have merit. While Ytterbus’ loss certainly did have a precursor, it was not as obvious as scouts.

Still I feel that the cooperation achieved by this Crusade will aid in future efforts to deal with this threat in a united fashion.

Yours sincerely,

PM

Spoiler: House Lacross (PM)
    Show
    “Duke vassalage is beholden to the Zaqaru Crown Laws, as I am. With the Zaqaru Kingdom restored, so are its laws of old.” King Nabuna Zaqaru states formally.

“In short, law dictates a ducal tax of twenty percent, composed of four parts Court, three parts Industries, three parts Universities. The levy is forty to sixty percent of fleets and agents when called to arms. No war against other vassals. Wars outside the Kingdom are allowed, unless peace is enforced, which is needs to pass a Council vote. Alliances and agreements with other nobles are unrestrained. Naturally, I expect to be informed about them, as well as agreements with other nobles in Zaqaru to be given priority should they be of similar value.”

“Beyond this summary, further details are readily available and I will be happy to answer any questions regarding the laws.” King Nabuna Zaqaru summed up the facts and his expression remained neutral, unlike when he told of his dream of a reunited Kingdom. What King Nabuna Zaqaru truly wants he has stated already: A reunited de jure Zaqaru Kingdom.

Spoiler: Zaqaru Noble Laws
    Show
    (Copied from earlier post.)

The noble laws of Zaqaru are not a necessary constant, possible to change based on the rulers over the generations. In general, only one law is changed every 5 years. The Zaqaru Ruler decides which law to change, though Council members owing favours may push a Ruler to bring up a law change as long as the Council is empowered. The Council has been empowered for a long time, the Ruler depending on their advice.

Zaqaru Noble Laws

Civic Laws

Vassal War Declaration
    Allowed External Allowed Disallowed
    Vassals are forbidden from declaring war on other vassals within the realm, but may attack external enemies so long as Realm Peace is not enforced.

Revoke Title
    None Allowed Religious
    Rulers may revoke titles from traitors or unlawful subjects.

Count Tribute
    Negotiation Obligation Law
    Rulers negotiate vassal tribute with Counts.

Official Religion
    None Ruler’s Religion Iron Church Empyreal Church
    Zaqaru does not have an official state religion.

Council Laws

Council Power
    Abolish Empower
    The Zaqaru Council votes on changes of Noble Law. The Council votes on Realm Peace.

War Declaration
    Ruler Council
    The Council votes on war declarations. The Councillors may not join factions, unless a vote has been tyrannically ignored or a succession has recently occured.

Revoke Title
    Ruler Council
    The Council votes on title revocation.

Grant Title
    Ruler Council
    The Ruler is free to grant titles.

Imprisonment
    Ruler Council
    The Council votes on the imprisoning nobles.

Banishment
    Ruler Council
    The Council votes on the banishment of nobles.

Executions
    Ruler Council
    The Council votes on execution of nobles.

Spoiler: Zaqaru Crown Laws
    Show
    (Copied from earlier posts.)

Zaqaru Crown Laws

Long ago, when Zaqaru lost the title of King, there were Crown Laws set relating to Dukes. Should the Zaqaru Kingdom rise again and just tradition be followed, these laws will once again surface in importance. Only time will tell if they are then changed by vote in the Council.

Civic Laws

Duke Tribute
    Negotiation Obligation Law
    Duke vassal tribute is regulated by Obligation Laws.

Obligation Laws

Duke Levy and Tax Distribution
    Separate Laws Focused Law
    Dukes focus their obligations in either levy or tax, never being overburdened, nor unburduned, in both.

Duke Focus
    Heavily Tax Focused Tax Focused Slightly Tax Focused Tax Shifted Balanced Levy Shifted Slightly Levy Focused Levy Focused Heavily Levy Focused
    Tax: 40%
    Levy: 0% to 20%
    Dukes pay a Tax of 20% their total assets.
    When called to arms, they are to provide between 40% and 60% of their offensive assets: Fleets and Agents.
    Tax: 0%
    Levy: 80% to 100%
    When a vassal’s levy is raised and the total of Tax and Levy brings the obligation of a vassal to 50% their total assets or above, their territory counts against the liege’s control limit for building colonies.

Duke Tax Commitment
    Ruler Vassal Law
    The exact assets paid in tax are regulated by Tax Law.

Duke Tax Parts
    1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 12 16 ... 100
    Tax is divided in 10 parts, with each part being paid in the type of asset as determined by the Tax Payment Laws. Should a vassal not have enough assets to pay that part, they should pay in alternative assets as determined by the Remainder order dictated in the Tax Payment Laws.

Example: 5 parts Industry, 5 parts Fleet, remainder of Court, Fleet, Agents, Industry and Universities, at a tax rate of 20%.

Should a vassal have 10 colonies, by law he should offer 1 Industry and 1 Fleet as obligation. Should the vassal not have Fleets, then by remainder he should offer 1 Court instead. Should the vassal not have Court, then the next one should be offered, in this case Fleet. And so on.

Should the same vassal only have 5 colonies, then by law the first part takes priority and in this case the vassal should offer 1 Industry in obligation. Should the vassal have no industry, fleet takes priority as it was an unfulfilled part. Should the vassal neither have fleets, then it goes by remainder, with the first being Court, and so on.

Duke Tax Payment
    Parts
    1st of 10 Courts Fleets Agents Universities Industries
    2nd of 10 Courts Fleets Agents Universities Industries
    3rd of 10 Courts Fleets Agents Universities Industries
    4th of 10 Courts Fleets Agents Universities Industries
    5th of 10 Courts Fleets Agents Universities Industries
    6th of 10 Courts Fleets Agents Universities Industries
    7th of 10 Courts Fleets Agents Universities Industries
    8th of 10 Courts Fleets Agents Universities Industries
    9th of 10 Courts Fleets Agents Universities Industries
    10th of 10 Courts Fleets Agents Universities Industries
    Remainder Agents Fleets Courts Universities Industries

Council Laws
    Spoiler: Zaqaru Crown Laws
    Show

Duke Tax Investment
    Ruler Council
    The Council votes on investment of taxes gained from Dukes. With only failing votes, the taxes are spent on default causes. Fleet to patrol, Agents to counterespionage, Industries to generate Trade, Universities to create prototypes for missing units or to research in progress archives, Court to generate prestige.

29. - Top - End - #449

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 7

From the vast farming arcologies and chemical plants of Fletcher’s Garden to the orbital ‘Drydock’ of Peorin’s Star the economy of House Greenflame is technologically advanced but resource poor. The planets of the South Eastern Rim seldom boast deep reserves of industrial metals or precious ores, and the old Saquar lords were forced to import from surrounding duchies. The current Duke has driven hard to advance the manufacturing and refining industries, and in recent years areas such as the Magnus System and even the Elfport cluster have become robust trade hubs.

With the practice of required military service still in effect, the people of the South Eastern Rim lose the healthiest years of their life to the pursuit of violence. House Greenflame ensures they are well compensated, both financially and with scholarships for higher education and economic grants. As a result Greenflame boasts a robust middle class, with relatively few people falling below the poverty line, and traditional drudge jobs occupied primarily automated systems.

Upon Samarkand IV, the capitol world and home to the prestigious SamU, the pleasant atmosphere and abundant foodstuffs have tilted the economy away from production and export and into a sustained service industry. Most wealth upon this world flows into and out of the University and Royal Court.

Players

Exiles Consortium
    Spoiler
    Show
    Outsider,

With recent discoveries coming to light I am inclined to agree. I have a team working on as best they can, and was hoping to scout for the source of these beasts. It is becoming apparent however, that defence may be the optimal route for the time being, and I may need to call off the planned scouting mission.

Would you be willing to share what you have learned of these creatures? Every piece I can give to my team may prove critical in the coming years.

Regards,
    Duke Farid Saquar

House Zaqaru
    Spoiler
    Show
    King Zaqaru,
    How goes the gathering of the Imperial Crusade? The plight in Liness may not be nearly so close to over as originally thought, and I need to assess threats and resource allocation. How many houses have pledged support?

Grand Admiral Arda Saquar

NPCs

House Laramy PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Calling for an Imperial Council? An excellent idea. The Greenflame fleets can bear most of the load, but I will certainly ask others to support the defensive pact at the council. And perhaps in the coming years my house will be able to bear the weight of the pact entirely, freeing the rest of the imperium for other pursuits.”

Farid nods, and bows again.

“In that case Queen Persephone, please call for the council, I shall plead my case to the Imperium at large.”

House Ytterbus PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arda calls for a brief recess after recent developments, but is eager to speak again soon.

“My house has been hard at work elsewhere in the Imperium to combat this menace and some disturbing things have been hypothesized about the scale of the Vespid threat, your words all but confirm it. I think the Haytham’s scouting missions may need to be cancelled in favour of a more ferocious defense. I will consider pulling the Sashaw out of the crusade for the continued defense of Liness once my cousin has a chance to discuss with Zaqaru.”

Arda flips his wrist holo for fleet data.

“As promised we have updated and expanded our fleets over the last five years, and after some reorginization either Sashaw or Haytham would be a match for most fleets in the Imperium, the Haytham is [8 navy 4 prototypes], all equipped as much as able, and the Sashaw sits only slightly behind at [7 navy 4 prototypes]. Do you know how many ships the Liness Coalition will be contributing? And based on Dr. Chen and your scans, do you have anything close to hard numbers of the swarms approaching Liness?”

“As to the rebuilding efforts, name how much trade you need to rebuild your orbital infrastructure and my cousin will see about paying it. I imagine he would shoot me a dirty look for parroting his words, but ‘us border lords must stick together.’”

Arda shakes his head and smiles.

“My cousin can be cryptic, but he truly does care about the Imperium.”

House Gadahvi
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duchess Arnborg,
    Very well, I shall ignite the forges as soon as possible.

Duke Farid Saquar

[OOC: I can actually afford to produce the equipment right away this time, rather than last turns confusion.]

House Sasone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duke Stefano,
    Very well, I shall ignite the forges as soon as possible.

Duke Farid Saquar

[OOC: I can actually afford to produce the equipment right away this time, rather than last turns confusion.]

Count Severin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Halcyone,
    You are perceptive as ever Count Severin, I am hoping to bring the rest of Linpond into our domain and thus claim the title of king. If diplomacy should fall through on that front, then I will certainly honour your gracious offer. Otherwise, your fleets would be greatly appreciated in the campaign against the Vespids in Liness.

There was another matter I wished to discuss with your house this period, loyal Severin. Our scientists have recently developed [t2 university], and I would like to reward your years of loyal service. Allow my orbital industry to upgrade your universities, and help house Greenflame usher in a new age of learning.

In addition, should you be willing, our scientists are not far from developing [t2 market], and if you would be willing to grant me your market blueprints I could hasten that process considerably.

Regards,
    Duke Farid Saquar

Earls Ragnarr and Guenivere
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good Earls,
    Thank you for coming to me with your concerns. Your fleets are most welcome in this campaign. For the future of Linpond, you are right in thinking I see unification. Perhaps we can come to a diplomatic agreement. Would you care to meet with Count Nasser and discuss the future? I believe it best to keep my influence in Linpond as a county within the Greenflame Dukedom, but I have need of women like yourselves who can take the initiative in times of uncertainty. There is a fleet without a grand admiral at present, the Sashaw fleet, and I could see a place for both of you.

Regards,
    Duke Farid Saquar

Count Cahir Nasser
    Spoiler
    Show
    Count Nasser,
    I bid you welcome to my court Cahir. I am sure there are many things to keep you busy with the logistics of your new position, but an opportunity may have arisen with regards to the rest of the Linpond sector. Would you be available to meet with Earls Ragnarr and Guenivere?

Regards,
    Duke Farid Saquar

Primogenisis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dr. Chen,
    I bear compliments from house Ytterbus, an admirer of your work.

Given recent developments we may need to cancel the scouting expedition for now, and instead focus on the defense of Linpond and the Crusade. Tell me Doctor, you have had the opportunity to harvest a huge amount of the vespid corpses, if someone without your company’s expertise were to butcher one of these Vespids for valuable materials, what are some ways things could go wrong?

Regards,
    Duke Farid Saquar
    Last edited by A_Dinosaur; 2019-11-10 at 08:48 AM.

30. - Top - End - #450

RogueGuy

Prince Sinma Zaqaru is greeted with royal escort as soon as his ship enters into Filo territory. He is directed not to the capital first, but to an empty world. There are no people save for those that arrive. Well, there are no living people. This planet has been made and left as a graveyard to the new nobility. A place where their troubled souls can finally rest. The plaque at the landing site reads: All things fuel the family. The family fuels all things.

This is the backbone of the Gilkara family and the nation of Filo. The prince will quickly come to realize that Filo is not one economy, but many. Each planet and system has independent sectors of the economy. This is the effort of a slow growth brought by the old ruling class of philosophical elite.

While this may seem to be lacking in efficiency it gives a robust and sturdy backbone and allows for adaptation between the vast and different ecosystems and the ability to solve and prepare for a variety of problems.

The Philosophical elite now serve as intermediaries between the different systems. They help to distribute information between sectors and share new ideas and and failures between the economies.

This is not to say that there is no cooperation between the sectors, but in fact allows for an economy above the citizen economy. We will get to the Gilkaran economy shortly.

The citizens of Filo cycle through mandatory service in the economy and other aspects of the nation and are encouraged to apply to work solely in the sections that they excel at or enjoy. Thanks to automation they are given ample free time to enjoy individual pursuits.

Restricted free trade and capitalistic tendencies are fostered and successful private businesses flourish. However wealth is not measured by currency in Filo and taxes on profits for corporations is extremely high. Only the constant flow of currently successful business keeps corporations from dying.

Our citizens enjoy a national income with which they are free to explore and support their own or other's enterprises. This allows for a very fierce market where failure does not ruin someone.

All of this is of course ruled over by Gilkara. The Royal family holds no wealth, private lands, or personal enterprise. However, everything in the nation is at their disposal. They pay for nothing and take whatever they want. The citizenship happily obliges. The propaganda machines and media outlets are carefully tailored and manipulated to see only the success of the royal family.

And it is that the Royal family throws their minds and life behind every endeavor. Their citizens loyalty is matched tenfold by the unending service of the ruling class. Under their influence, Filo has flourished.

For more into the economy, Prince Sinma is brought to Ordukr, the Gem Wall. This moon mining site was rich with mineral wealth. After it was mined to fund the exploration into the next star system it was believed to be empty on a planetary measure. A few decades later, however, the miners that were desperate enough to gamble on finding hidden wealth were rewarded. The rulers of the Thoral system were able to harvest again from the moon. This time Belblode was able to institute measure to keep from ravishing the moon. The system worked and allows Ordukr to slowly replenish its wealth. Whether massive and quick tectonic activity is reason the moon does not empty, or perhaps there is a lifeform that replenishes the minerals matters little. Ordukr has continued to be a steady site for Filo to draw wealth.

Oddities like this are the reason for the separate economies. Each is allowed to find a way to manage their own resources. That is, until the family calls for something.

We hope we have shared with you an ample and exciting look into Filo's economic activity. We encourage you to visit again, things are changing all the time Prince Sinma Zaqaru.

Spoiler: Zaqaru: Enigma 5
    Show
    Forgive me if Anoa has been greedy or unclear. The last two decades have been filled with battle for our nation. I am hard pressed to think of a commander with more experience and more loss than our Protector.

The Grand Diplomat has swayed my heart, and I do hope to encourage a relationship between our noble houses. My heart and my children are of Zaqaru Blood and because of that, we will be fighting beside you.

Naldris Gilkara.

Spoiler: TRAM
    Show
    This arrangement is suitable. Thank you House Greenflame.

House Vastadd, are you suggesting that leftover carcasses are simply hibernating? That if not brought back with care, the Vespids could be getting free transportation into the inner systems?

Show
    This is a suitable arrangement. We have one Archive of Gate Alignment researched. We will make it available to you.

Spoiler: DCOTP Negotiations: pm?
    Show
    House Gilkara will take seat and listen to negotiations. Messaging Excagon as well to figure out what they want.

Spoiler: Excagon Family PM
    Show
    We look forward to helping you in the negotiations to come. What do you hope to get out of this, and how can we help make it so? We would also like to ask for your help in our infrastructure. We are trying to build archives on the warp gates and could use every assistance. We can offer our strong market and numerous equipment or blueprints for all fields to help you and are open to other discussions.
    Bastilonis