1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: TW: Imperium IC

LYRAE

Enigma 5

Spoiler: House Tehrani
    Show

Honourable Duke Omid,

with all due respect there is no shortage of mercenaries in the Imperium, and I could easily hire as many of those as I wished.

My main concern is freeing Jinks systems from their oppressors, and as such I would agree to a partition of their space.

Regards,
    Duke Athaia Kelse
    The Pen is mightier than the Sword - when the message is written in Blood.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Within the public media, channels, government announcements, the victory over Sansone has been greatly celebrated at first, welcoming Gade into the fold. The news quieted down for a while, but the past weeks the tone has been growing increasingly unfriendly towards Sansone. Talk of dangerous weapons, irresponsible action during the war and the old rivalry simmering show that the public opinion towards Sansone is bad.

With the public advice towards the merchants to avoid Gade, the public statements have grown worse, to Zaqaru officials denouncing Sansone for the danger they brought to trade and stability in the sector for destabilising the gates. There are several public figures who show indignity for House Sansone making the public broadcast of the Gate Transit Authority instead of Zaqaru.

Some investigations already hint that the main reason Zaqaru was unable to get a warning out before Sansone is because the authorities were debating whether to classify it a Category 2, 3 or 4 Risk Rating. The debate seemed to have a lack professional input, as no scientific report regarding the gates was mentioned on public report, making the lack of Zaqaru scientific capacity once more painfully obvious.

What really has the ranks riled up and what is spewed as an accusation towards Sansone is that the public merchant advisory paints a worse situation than it is. Only two of the warpgates are destabilized, those leading to Dimarq and Champseau, meaning traffic to the systems in Sansone space from Gade is still safe. Ofcourse, most merchants will be interested in moving to or from Dimarq and Champseau, and beyond, but the principle remains.

There are some officials which claim Zaqaru is already busy arranging the gates to be fixed, but even Zaqaru critics are vocal to point out the lack of scientists to deal with the issue. Unsurprisingly, no public claims are made how soon the gates would be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanestomper on Discord
    Category 0: Completely Stable no risk of loss.
    Category 1: Stable minimal risk
    Category 2: Minor Instability risk that the occasional convoy will be lost every few decades
    Category 3: Instability risk that the occasional convoy will be lost every few years
    Category 4: Major Instability risk that the majority of convoys will be lost.
    Category 5: Hazard Gate only occasional convoys will make it though
    Category 6: Death Gate nothing will make it through

It's mostly used for insurance
    Standard rates won't usually cover beyond Category 2 so most merchant lines won't trade on category 3 or above
    Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Ytterbus
    Show
    Dear Duke Athrax,

Do you perhaps mean three shipments [3 equipment] as offered for [1 Trade], or do you truly mean an interest in 1 shipment [1 equipment]? If you do mean 1 shipment [1 equipment], I can offer that to you for [0.5] Trade.

Yours sincerely,
    Grand Administrator Earl Shursun Byleuc

Spoiler: Lyrae
    Show
    Dear Duke Athaia Kelse,

Thank you for describing the options. Given the amount of research capacity available to me, or rather lack thereof, I feel that permanent knowledge would be too costly and too inefficient to deal with this problem. Instead I believe the most viable course would be if you and your people fix the problem, so your terms are acceptable.

Considering I am asking for the effort of scientists, I doubt that would divert resources directly from the war efforts. I am willing to pay for the effort of your scientists, which you can use for whatever purpose you wish. As you must have received word from my Grand Adminstrator, you are well aware Zaqaru is willing to sell you weapons and covert devices, so I can offer to produce those for you instead of direct payment.

How much of your research capability would you be willing to make available to the purpose of fixing the warp gates?

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

NPCs

Spoiler: Earl Varrais de Pantou
    Show
    Dear Earl Varrais de Pantou,

No provisions of tribute due are put in, because there are none, besides the aforementioned blueprints. Ofcourse, during war, if you have fleets or agencies available, there is the expectation you will use it to defend Champseau. Beyond that, no tribute, but no investment either, due to conflict and warp gate malfunction taking away the means for investment. Should the capacity to invest become available once more, the opportunity to renegotiate this agreement will be available. I thought this would suit your wish to have sovereignty and develop the system as you saw fit.

However, from your response I believe I may have made a misjudgement. Investment as requested in Champseau can certainly be arranged, with the usual expectation of tribute, but only after the conflict with Sansone. So if I can amend your first point with “after the Sansone conflict”, then it can be agreed upon. In return, I offer to ensure the warpgate stabilization efforts of Zaqaru will first be directed to Champseau, instead of Dimarq.

Yours sincerely,
    Meta Zaqaru

Spoiler: House Mertens
    Show
    Dear Grand Minister Halmond Abelard,

It is with pleasure I receive your order. Our production lines will begin immediate work as soon as we receive your first payment and deliver at the soonest opportunity!

I am also aware you are busy with a new wave of expansion through the Imperium. May I inquire what kind of offers you are making available?

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: The Earls and Counts of Sector 6, the bottom left sector
    Show
    Dear Earls and Counts of the Sector,

On behalf of Zaqaru, I wish you well in your noble endeavours to assert noble superiority in the sector and hope you will prevail. To aid in your efforts, Zaqaru is making available two trade offers to the earls and counts with trade and market amongst you, so they can assist those with fleets and agencies.

First is a military spaceship, an improved version of the Zaqaru bomber, the Orca Bomber equipped with nuclear missiles to inflict even greater damage against heavily armoured targets. 3 Ships of Orca Bombers are offered per five yearly output of an industry. Each shipment contains 5 squadrons of fighter craft. With each squadron having 5 fighters, that makes for a grand total of 75 bombers at your disposal. Any orders will be produced in five years time.

The second option are agency devices. As you may be well aware, Zaqaru excels at cryptographic capabilities and this extends to the digital realm. To assist your agents in the same field, we are willing to make available to you specialized devices and hardware to operate in the digital and electronic battlefield.

Each shipment with contain personal devices with specialized hardware and three squadrons of scout spaceships with antenna equipped with all kinds of hacking hardware, such as sensors, computers and communication interceptors. This allows agents to more effectively work in their area of expertise, from disabling enemies, infiltrating hostile territory, listening in to foreign communications, to being tasked to advance cypher or enigma.

The price is a five-yearly output of an industry for 2 shipments of Hacking Hardware, or if choosing to purchase in bulk, a decade of industrial output in exchange for 5 shipments of Hacking Hardware.
    I hope to hear from any of you soon should you be interested in our offer.

Yours sincerely,

[OOC] Making 2 offers available:
    - 3 military equipment (Orca Bomber) for 1 trade, to be received at the start of next turn.
    - 2 agent equipment (Hacking Hardware) for the price of 1 trade, or 5 equipment for 2 trade, to be received at the start of next turn.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

LYRAE

Spoiler: GM ONLY
    Show
    Do I manage to figure out how much scientists to invest approx to fix the portals?

Enigma 5

Spoiler: Zaqaru
    Show

Dear Duke, I can devote as much as I have available, but a brief recon is in order to determine how much effort will be required to fix the warp gates.

I agree to have such efforts repaid in cash or equipment, although it is not our way in full, but I will be adamant in having no such deal if you would peddle your equipment to our enemies.

I will await a strong statement on the matter on your part, your Grace.

Duke Athaia Kelse

The scenery is idyllic, but the Kelse brothers look sullen. It's not for anybody to scold the Duke Athaia in the whole Imperium, yet a screeching voice echoes in their head, one that repeats that they are not to miss two social events in a row ad nauseam.
    "I would be a lot more useful on the Jinks front, you know."
    "No such thing happening until you are out of Academy Nath. You might as well represent our House at the race."
    "I'm fairly sure that warp forsaken race is far more dangerous than this whole war. Or did you miss the part where it lasts five days?" Athaia gazes into the distance, not responding. "Besides... that looks like an actual horse."
    "Well, yes. There was some gene engineering involved in its breeding I suppose, but still..."
    "Do I really have to?"
    Well...

House Kelse to participate in social event, analysts are shocked

Almost a full ten years younger than Athaia, Knight Bachelor Nathael is the youngest of the three Kelse siblings, and the bulkier of the two males. He doesn't make much of a show of himself, as the reclusive members of House Kelse are wont to do, and does little to hide his own annoyance at the whole matter either. At the very least, Lyraen cerimonial uniforms are quite elaborate, and Nathael itself quite politely request an audience with the patrons of the race to send his brother's regards.

Spoiler: GM ONLY
    Show
    Not actually him, just a lookalike. Not like anyone really knows their looks all too well anyway.

Spoiler
    Show

Designed for war rather than mere racing, the Wayward Fleet interceptors are a bit on the smaller side of the scale, but still pack a punch when it comes to firepower.

With a lighter chassis than most ships, they sacrifice durability for manoeuvrability and speed.

Its pilot is the quiet sort, appearing to be one of many of the Wayward Academy. You hear his name announced for the starship race, but it doesn't ring a bell whatsoever.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show
    Dear Duke Athaia Kelse,

As stated previously, I will readily provide guidance to a recon of your scientists. I would also like to inquire what the Lyraen way regarding payment usually is, for future record.

My last intelligence states that the scientists of six Lyraen Universities would then be available to fix the warp gates. Assuming this information still holds, in exchange for their services, I am willing to offer to fully arm your fleets and agencies with Orca Bombers and Hacking Hardware respectively. To my knowledge, this amounts to 9 shipments of Orca Bombers and 8 shipments of Hacking Hardware. I will add 2 shipments of Hacking Hardware for reserves, for a total of 10 shipments, as I know how deadly covert warfare can be. Would this offer be acceptable to you?

Regarding House Jinks, assuming a deal is made regarding the warp gates, Zaqaru will cease taking orders and making trade offers while your war with them continues.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

[OOC] What are the public war goals of the Duchy of Lyrae against House Jinks? I also asked this in the ooc before and this becomes more relevant now, as it will be an indication of how long your conflict will last.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

LYRAE

Enigma 5

Show
    Dear Duke Zaqaru,

your terms of payment are acceptable, and as such we will make haste to estimate the amount of work required at once.

Our manpower is generally not for hire, but fixing defective gates is a just cause in itself and the request was gracious enough that we should intervene on your behalf.

More importantly, I thank you for the courtesy shown in agreeing not to sell the Jinks advanced equipment.

We will be on the move shortly. With regards,
    Duke Athaia Kelse

OOC - Quite prolonged I would assume. I would at least take their capital and purge their most undesirable avenues of trade.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: House of Steel to Tatarus [Enigma 5]
    Show
    "We are always willing to hear from our good neighbors. Feel free to send a representative at any time."

Spoiler: Earl Periklis Treasach [Enigma 3]
    Show
    Absolutely not. I had hoped to have cordial relation with your organization, but I will not be drawn into conflict with the House of Steel.

Even if that weren't suicide in the face of their fleets the House of Steel has been part of the Imperium since its inception. They will certainly profit from the infighting, but they serve as much a purpose in the Imperium as your organization. They are not expansionist in their own right, but rather serve the interests of their employers.

Spoiler: House Tehrani to the Duchy of Lyrae [Enigma 6]
    Show
    Duke Athaia Kelse,

I think you will find House Jinks is not nearly as oppresive as you believe. They are underhanded not barbarians. But nevertheless what would I even do with their space? It is on the opposite side of the Imperium from my own holdings. The logistics alone make it infeasible to integrate into my cluster.

No, I want access to your space for the Iron Church, and copies of any information on the Outer Expanse you might have.

Duke Omid Tehrani

Spoiler: Earl Varrais de Pantou to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 3]
    Show
    Dear Meta Zaqaru,

If you are not offering investment nor desiring tribute. And there can be no awarding of titles until I have finished colonizing Champseau then there is very little on the table here.

You gain the prestige of having me as a vassal and I get the dubious honor of becoming a target for your enemies. I am still amenable to the prospect of eventually offering my fealty. But perhaps it would be best to have this discussion again when we can actually offer each other something tangible.

If anything I would prefer that the Champseau warp gate not be stabilized until you are finished with your feud with the Sansone. You may view it as a liability, but the disruption works both ways. I have little to fear from that direction now.

Yours sincerely,
    Earl Varrais de Pantou

Spoiler: House Mertens to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 6]
    Show
    Grand Administrator Earl Shursun Byleuc,

We offer something that very few houses can, the expertise necessary to efficiently set up a bustling new trade hub in even the most barren systems. This is however an expensive proposition even for a House such as ours. As such offer shares in these ventures to interested House such as your own.

Sincerely,
    Grand Minister Halmond Abelard

Spoiler: The Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 3]
    Show
    In various messages here and there the earls of Sector express their gratitude at the offer being extended and dismay at the fact that they can not accept it. No doubt the technology is exceptional, but for minor houses it is far too expensive. They simply cannot afford it.

Spoiler: Duchy of Lyrae [GM]
    Show
    Your scientists estimate it will take approximately [8 Scientists] to stabilize the portals.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

The spaceship Adnergaresh has vanished during transit of the Dimarq - Gade warp gate!

On its way to deliver critical supplies to the population of the colonies in Gade after the battle with House Sansone, the spaceship Adnergaresh held vital food, water and medicines for civil use. It never made it to the Gade side of the Dimarq-Gade warp gate, utterly vanishing in the void between gates.

The loss of the spaceship means groups of civilians will have to wait longer for additional supplies to be sent. Already new spaceships are sent, with brave crew willing to venture through the gate in assistance. While other spaceships have suffered from calamity in the hazardous travel of the warp gates, none were on such a vital mission as the Adnergaresh. Duke Abolar Zaqaru and Grand Administrator Earl Shursun Byleuc have already sent their condolences to the family of the crew of the spaceship.

Several markets ask for caution with any future travel through the gates, though one renowned scientist claims this was just a stroke of bad fortune that a spaceship with such an iconic mission had to be hit. Several government officials lay the blame squarely by House Sansone, which has caused the instability of the warp gates. Earl Ereski Susa has even been bold enough to suggest that House Sansone has not the right to govern their current two star clusters and should only be limited to one if they are willing to show such disrespect to the trade lanes. Since that statement, it is evident that such a sentiment is on the rise in other circles too.

Enigma 7

Show
    Dear Duke Athaia Kelse,

Thank you for explaining what drives you to make deals. I will make note of it and ensure my heir will take it into account moving forward.

I look forward to your estimation of work required. To repeat which gates are involved, it is the Dimarq - Gade and the Champseau - Gade warp gates which are malfunctioning. I would prefer priority to be given to the repairs of the Dimarq - Gade warp gate, if possible.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

[OOC] Thanks for explaining the war goal!

Spoiler: House Berger and House Voss
    Show
    Dear Duke Ernst Berger,

I previously contact you to act as neutral party between House Berger and House Voss. I eagerly await your response.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

NPCs

Show

Apologies for any miscommunication, I see my initial offer is not the right one here, so let us both forget about that and come back to the proposal you made, for I believe what I can offer is tangible enough.

I propose my daughter Sidad Zaqaru and your son Rostac de Pantou get married and that their marriage contract binds our families together, with de Pantou as vassal to Zaqaru.

1. Zaqaru will protect the holdings of House de Pantou, as is the responsibility of any liege.
    2. Zaqaru will, after peace has been signed with House Sansone and until the title of Countess has been awarded to House de Pantou, provide enough resources [Any combination of 2 Trade/University] every five years to establish a colony and ensure it is properly staffed.
    3. For as long as House de Pantou holds the title of Earl, they reserve of the usage the current research facility for any de Pantou projects, as well as any facilities created without aid from Zaqaru.
    4. Zaqaru will award House de Pantou the title of Countess as soon as a total of four colonies have been established in the Champseau system.
    5. After Zaqaru awards House de Pantou with the title of Countess, they agree that the House de Pantou reserves the usage of two research facilities for House de Pantou projects in perpetuity. Upon full development of the Champseau system, this usage is increased to three facilities. The use of the other facilities is at the behest of Zaqaru.
    6. House de Pantou agrees not to sell any designs resulting from the above projects, unless mutually agreed by the Zaqaru Dynasty.
    7. Zaqaru will dedicate 5 prestige to the contract, House de Pantou needs to dedicate no prestige to the contract. This prestige may be used in the creation of the Countess title, where the Countess vassalage contract replaces this contract. In the event that Zaqaru does not hold up to its obligations, the prestige is awarded to House de Pantou.

I hope this offer will be acceptable to you. I believe that a contract, bound in marriage, is tangible. It is a promise that you will get a title, you will get support, you will have freedom to develop and protection. For I assure you, the forces of House Sansone will not pass the Champseau - Gade warp gate, even if it is repaired. I will request priority is given to the Dimarq - Gade warp gate, however.

Yours sincerely,
    Meta Zaqaru

Show

Thank you for explaining the offer House Mertens has available. Unfortunately, Zaqaru’s priorities lie elsewhere at the moment, but I will make a record of it for the next Grand Adminstrator to take it into account when there is an opportune moment to take this offer into account.

Yours sincerely,
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-04-25 at 01:16 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

LYRAE

Enigma 5

Show

Dear Duke Omid,

I believe installing a cadet branch of your House in this faraway sector would serve your interests and those of the Church admirably.

I am not remiss to allowing the Iron Monks free access to my space on principle, but what would that entail on more pratical terms?

Show

Dear Duke Zaqaru,

we shall send our representatives at Dimarq to confer with your Grand Scientist at once.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The Hidalgo ground away under the brutal heat of the desert, still unclear who had the advantage. Numbers were lower now, many craft having suffered too much damage to continue. The second ridge was a fast reducing dust cloud, and the final stretch into Zhou's Valley was a comically steep incline festooned with Digger Warrens, trapdoor like structures dug by the extinct Giant Muethen, huge insect like creatures who hide from the desert heat. For the race they acted like gigantic potholes on an already steep surface, ripping wheels off larger vehicles and swallowing smaller ones entirely.

The new terrain spread out the racers drastically, allowing Pasha Juia to surge back to the front pack, weaving through the dangers and following Sir Barlow and using his shattering wake for cover.

Ooc: would you mind rolling the victor arcane?

House Zaqaru
    Spoiler: court PM
    Show
    "I will one betting a good deal of my political will on this, [25 prestige], I think it will be a good display of the Haythams Superiority to best yet again one of the most powerful navies in the Imperium."

House Vastadd
    Spoiler
    Show
    It seems that the DCoP is looking to expand further, will you support my guarantee of the earl?

Tartarus
    Spoiler
    Show
    I see, thank you for this information, you have proved our deal quite fortuitous, and your tip about the DCoP is both comforting and reassuring. Tell me, does your court request anything in exchange for this boon?

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

The attitude of Zaqaru towards Sansone heats up with the disappearance of other vessels going through the gates towards Gade. Lawsuits are filed, complaints, harsh articles, loud critics, heated debates. The tone is hostile, the call for punishment is common, the emotions run deep. The Earls of Zaqaru have had enough of the various outlooks and clamour for a public statement from the Duke. When it is arrives, it is profoundly harsh towards House Sansone.

Zaqaru Ultimatum to House Sansone

For rejecting peace and acknowledgement of their territory, for bringing danger and calamity to the trade routes and travel in Akkadu, for the threat they pose to the stability of the warp gates, for the foulness of their actions,

Zaqaru hereby rejects the Sansone borders and brings forth the old claim on territory from their former title as Kings of Akkadu, to restore order and stability to the sector. In an act of generosity, House Sansone is given the opportunity to avoid further conflict and fulfill the demands posed henceforth.

House Sansone is to fulfill the following demands within two weeks time or a clash of Zaqaru and House Greenflame against House Sansone is unavoidable.

• Cede one of their controlled duchies, the Birqu Duchy, to Zaqaru, so the territory may be granted to a more responsible vassal as Duke when Zaqaru rises as Kings of Akkadu once more.
    • Swear fealty to Zaqaru as protectorate, to become a vassal Duke when Zaqaru rises as Kings of Akkadu once more.
    • Repay House Greenflame for all losses incurred in the war over Gade.
    • Assist in the repairs of the Gade warp gates.

House Sansone currently controls the Kara and Birqu Duchy. The Kara Duchy contains their capital, Avone. The Birqu Duchy is composed of Ukish (12/-4), Deset (13/-4), Erecht (14/-5) and Ramaga (15/-5).

[OOC] Two posts of Arcanestomper without reply from House Sansone will be taken as no reply before the ultimatum deadline transpires.

Spoiler: House Greenflame Private Court Leader message
    Show
    “Alright, good to see we are agreed. I will meet to match your glory with [25 prestige] as well.”

“I will give House Sansone one last chance to avoid conflict and yield to the demands, but I expect nothing from them.”

[OOC] That’s 25 prestige on paying for unilateral war and 25 prestige for the pool, right?

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

House Sansone Buys Out the Market
    In a prepared statement Duke Stefano Sansone announces the collaboration of the Sansone Ministry of Science with the Okeke Explorer's League to restabilize the gates in the Gade system in order to ensure the safe passage of all ships travelling to and from the system. House Sansone and House Okeke also enter into a defensive pact to better protect their joint warp gate work.

He expresses gratitude that there were crews willing to face the dangers of the gates in order to bring aid to the people of Gade, and regrets all the lives lost. House Sansone will pay the full cost of all ships and cargoes lost so far as well as match any life insurance that the lost crews took out.

In order to prevent further loss of life Duke Sansone swears that House Sansone will out of its own stores deliver any aid being sent to the Gade system in exchange for the cargoes of the aid ships that would otherwise go through. This offer will continue until such a time as the gates are stabilize to at least Category 1.

House Sansone has also cancelled all of its freight orders, imposed a punitive tariff on all imports for private citizens, and implores the Zaqaru Dynasty to stop sending ships to their doom.

Spoiler: House Sansone to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 6]
    Show
    We reject your war declaration as we are already repairing the gates and owe the Greenflames no reparations when their services were brought by the Zaqaru as mercenaries.

Spoiler: House Tehrani to the Duchy of Lyrae [Enigma 6]
    Show
    The monks will require safe passage for their vessels as well as guaranteed rights to refueling and repair at your ports. They will ask to study your archives, but this is not required.

Spoiler: House Vastadd to House Greenflame [Enigma 4]
    Show
    We would rather not antagonize the Democratic Collective. Certainly your fleets are powerful enough to ward them away, but ours are not. And your fleet seems to be engaged in other sectors these days.

Spoiler: Earl Varrais de Pantou to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 3
    Show
    ]Dear Meta Zaqaru,

The terms are agreeable with the caveat that the terms of item 3 continue through the awarding of the Countess title. In exchange item 5 can be removed.

Sincerely,
    Early Varrais de Pantou

Spoiler: The Hildalgo
    Show
    (1d6)[6]
    1. Yterrubus
    2. Zaqaru
    3. Tatarus
    4. Barlow
    5. Greenflame
    6. Independent

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Public Broadcast

The Great and Just
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru
    It is with a heavy heart that I announce Zaqaru has received word from House Sansone. They have rejected the Zaqaru ultimatum.

In the meantime, Duke Stefano Sansone has chosen to lie to the public at large. I hold proof that the announcement is false.There is no defensive pact between House Sansone and House Okeke, nor has there ever been discussion thereof between the Houses. It is an outrageous bluff.

The impunity of House Sansone is further marked by even speaking about work on the warp gates, when there has been no discussion with the rightful owner of the warp gates affected. The warp gates are within Zaqaru territory and thus my responsibility. I declare that I will ensure to the reparation of the warp gates, for House Sansone will be unable to do so as they only seek conflict over peace in rejecting the ultimatum.

Sansone offering to cover for the aid of Gade is but a ruse, in an attempt to foster goodwill. As House Sansone holds no wish to acknowledge the Zaqaru responsibility, it is a blatant sign their reparations are an attempt to increase their knowledge about the effect of the weapons they employed in battle, so they can improve upon them, further posing a threat to the sector.

For their foul behaviour, I declare WAR on House Sansone! The demands of Zaqaru stand. I call upon House Greenflame for their assistance in this war, so it may be swift in its righteousness.

To House Okeke, I ask that you do not let yourselves be pressured into assisting House Sansone by the deceitful words of Duke Stefano Sansone. There is no honour nor contract binding the two Houses, as I have made public to the galaxy at large. Yet I generously offer to your House that which I can rightfully give, which House Sansone tried, but cannot. Free access to the Gade warp gates, so they may be studied as desired.

Earls of Birqu, I will work to ensure House Sansone will not use your efforts to endanger the warp gates further! The warp gates will be repaired, so trade may once more flow freely to your star cluster!
    Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Okeke
    Show
    Dear Duke Okeke,

I regret House Sansone has made a false public statement involving your House. I know there is no defensive pact between either of your Houses, so there is no need to oblige to any of House Sansone’s demands going forward.

Should you still hold interest in the warp gates I will grant you full access to the warp gates, which lie within Zaqaru territory.

Zaqaru has made an agreement with a party specialised in warp gates to repair the warp gates towards Gade. I offer to bring you in contact with this party, so besides repair, research on the emissions and causes of the malfunction of the warp gates can be done together. This will allow House Okeke to further advance their warp gate knowledge as desired.

I hope you will take me up on my offer, for House Okeke’s mission of exploration is noble and it would be my pleasure to improve relations between our honourable families.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru

Show

That will mean the contract to be as follows:

1. Zaqaru will protect the holdings of House de Pantou, as is the responsibility of any liege.
    2. Zaqaru will, after peace has been signed with House Sansone and until the title of Countess has been awarded to House de Pantou, provide enough resources [Any combination of 2 Trade/University] every five years to establish a colony and ensure it is properly staffed.
    3. House de Pantou reserve of the usage the current research facility for any de Pantou projects, as well as any facilities created within Champseau without aid from Zaqaru. The use of the other facilities is at the behest of Zaqaru.
    4. Zaqaru will award House de Pantou the title of Countess as soon as a total of four colonies have been established in the Champseau system.
    5. House de Pantou agrees not to sell any designs resulting from the above projects, unless mutually agreed by the Zaqaru Dynasty.
    6. Zaqaru will dedicate 5 prestige to the contract, House de Pantou needs to dedicate no prestige to the contract. This prestige may be used in the creation of the Countess title, where the Countess vassalage contract replaces this contract. In the event that Zaqaru does not hold up to its obligations, the prestige is awarded to House de Pantou.

Are we agreed?

Yours sincerely,
    Meta Zaqaru
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Other image host.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

The Hildago
    As the finish line in the Zerass Flats approaches the terrain opens up to allow the participants to put on a final burst of speed. Pasha Juia and Sir Barlow are neck and neck as they throttle their respective vehicles to the maximum. It appears that the finish will be a spectacularly near thing when the vehicle in third place, piloted by the minor noble Kalan Omerth, explodes in a a burst of metal.

This is no unfortunate accident however as out of the debris rushes a small tri wheeled buggy. Everything extraneous has been explosively stripped away allowing Omerth maximum speed and maneuverability. To everyone's surprise, including possibly Omerth, this is just enough to get past the two front runners and squeeze out a last minute victory by a whisker's margin.

Omerth glories in the exultation of the crowd waiting in dusty stands while Juia and Barlow give him glares that could melt durasteel.

Duke Stefano Sansone Statement
    The Zaqaru think we lie about our offer to make reparations. We do not. Even now, even with this war we the Sansone will pay to cover any ships and cargoes lost through the affected warp gates. Though we will amend that we won't cover the loss of warships sent to wage war on us. Because first doing so would adversely affect our ability to pay the losses of innocent ship crews and second warship crews have already signed up to put their lives on the line by the very act of their service.

Spoiler: Earl Varrais de Pantou to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 3]
    Show
    Dear Meta Zaqaru,

This is a very agreeable treaty. However I see your liege is once again at war with the Sansone. And it occurs to me that the protection I get from being a vassal is less than I would get from being a non participant.

So by all means please contact me again when the Zaqaru are done bringing war to the sector.

Sincerely,
    Earl Varrais de Pantou

Spoiler: Belated Okeke-Sansone Conversation
    Show

Spoiler: House Okeke to House Sansone [Enigma 4]
    Show
    We are certainly interested in such things. We are willing to send a delegation of scientists.

Spoiler: House Sansone to House Okeke [Enigma 6]
    Show
    That is good to hear. Your expertise will be valuable. In light of the Zaqaru's hostile stance would you be willing to send military vessels to protect the delegation as well? We are willing to offer further payment in addition to the scientific collaboration

Spoiler: House Okeke to House Sansone [Enigma 4]
    Show
    We are not ones for dancing around for ages before eventually landing on the primary request. If you want our aid in a future war with the Sansone we will require your aid in turn. We have discovered a system rich in arudite ore that would be extremely valuable to mine. However it is colonized by a hive of Vespid Swarmers. If you agree to help us cleanse the system we will aid you in turn against the Zaqaru.

Spoiler: House Sansone to House Okeke [Enigma 6]
    Show
    That is a steep price, but we agree. Keeping our sovereignty from the grasping Zaqaru is worth even fighting the Vespid.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2019-05-02 at 04:09 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

The Hildago

Sili Zaqaru swiftly disappears after the Hildago race and is not available for comments.

Public Broadcast

The Great and Just
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru
    The Sansones hurry in overnight negotiations with House Okeke to back your earlier announcement, so I call out House Sansone to acknowledge the conflict present fight over glory in the battlefield!

[OOC] Basically calling the Sansones out to make this is a bilateral war.

Enigma 7

Show

I am sad you do not wish to sign the marriage contract at this time. I hope an agreement can be reached in the future, though I can offer no guarantee I will be your liaison with the same generous terms put forth. I will be sure to visit you on my next arrival for ice fishing, though let us speak on lighter subjects then.

Yours sincerely,
    Meta Zaqaru

Spoiler: House Arnos
    Show
    Dear Duke Raudos Arnos,

I reach out to you, because I am in need of help. The treacherous House Sansone has damaged the warp gates in our conflict, damaging the trade routes through the system and putting the star system Gade at risk.

I seek to reduce the Sansone threat to the sector, but they have managed to gain the support of House Okeke. They are present in the Dorvale Sector, in which your House has the allegiance of a star system.

Therefore I ask for you to blockade House Okeke. This way, I will be able to swiftly reduce the Sansone threat, preventing loss of life. As House Okeke and your House are neutral to one another, House Okeke’s forces will be forced to return. Without their support the Sansones will be overrun within the upcoming five years, the conflict will be over before the blockade can be contested and the conflict may reach your House.

In return, I am willing to negotiate regarding the payment in trade, previously offered Orca Bombers and Hacking Hardware, or a generous discount on the Orca Bombers and Hacking Hardware. Alternatively, I can offer a military favour after the Sansone threat has been subdued. I am willing to negotiate on other terms.

My Grand Admiral has worked out two possibilities for blockade, as below. Blockade A, in front of House Okeke, and Blockade B1 and Blockade B2 near the branches from House Barlow at Blockade B1 and B2, where only the spaceships of House Okeke would be blocked from entry. For additional security, all blockades may be put in place, if their forces are capable of using alternate warp gates with their knowledge of Outlaw Gate Maps.

I hope we may reach an agreement and in any case I ask that this offer remains between the two of us.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Other image host.

15. - Top - End - #135

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame
    Enigma 4

The Track Race happened later that afternoon, a blindingly fast affair that tested the limits of engineering more than driver skill, and the canyon run under the hidalgo was soon to begin. After the winding chaos of the Hidalgo however, the next event that really shook things this Sashaw was the Starship race. A chance for noble houses to show off their latest and greatest ultralights. Unlike the atmospheric races, starships were too expensive for independants, so the start line barely contained a dozen ships, many of which doubled as warships for their sponsor nations. House Greenflames entry, the Hexshot Superiority Fighter cruised silently through the access track, with six wings each sporting a retro-thruster for maximum maneuverability, though its usual armaments were stripped for a minimum profile. The track ran through the asteroid belt of Samarkand IX, and while there were rescue frigates stationed in orbit, the race was still quite dangerous.

To House Zaqaru
    Spoiler: Court PM
    Show
    Farid put a hand to his ear, receiving some sort of priority message, and his expression darkened. He looked at Abolar with suddenly different eyes.
    “I see that Sasone are repairing your gate, yet you still press further? Is there no room for debate here? You did not even think to consult my council before throwing our unofficial alliance against a defensive pact of unknown power? Your words speak of ancient rivalries Abolar but your actions speak of a greed ill suited to your nobility. Please, try and convince me otherwise, but I will not follow you down a path of villainy.”
    Farid crossed his arms, his look stern.

House Vastaad
    Spoiler
    Show
    I understand, please call on my should your mood on the matter change.
    Last edited by A_Dinosaur; 2019-05-04 at 01:00 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Spoiler: House Greenflame Leader Court Private Message
    Show
    Time had passed since their last meeting and as they met again, Abolar frowned as Farid spoke.

“Farid, you speak of debate, but do you think Sansone was open to debate? They announced they would trespass Zaqaru territory and in communication to Zaqaru outright rejected the ultimatum, denying to pay anything to your House and not addressing the other demands, let alone discuss them.”

“As for the defensive pact, it was nonexistent at the time of the ultimatum or my own declaration. It is only through overnight communication between their Houses they turned a research agreement, which also stood in violation of territorial borders, to negotiations regarding a defensive pact. I will note that even now their pact is unofficial, as there has been no public declaration at all from House Okeke.”

“It pains me to hear you speak our agreement is unofficial, as you previously agreed to this war. Instead of blatantly declaring war outright, I kindly gave House Sansone a chance to meet the terms so they could prevent a war.”

“They instead chose to insult the Zaqaru honour by announcing they would repair the gates along with another House on my territory, without any discussion, any consult. Had House Sansone directly contacted myself with an offer instead of a claim, I could have told them I already have an agreement to have the gates fixed and that assistance is appreciated. Though it would still not meet all the demands, negotiation and debate could be the next course of action. And this is why I speak of ancient rivalries. House Sansone has no intention of discussion, debate or words.” Abolar looks angry at this point, his muscles tensed.

“Do you not realise me how much it pains me to say that? I have worked for decades with Duke Stefano to reach a peace accord, to finally put the feud between our families at rest, culminating in the marriage contract which House Sansone broke. I tried words, I have done diplomacy, I have debated and conversed. To great extent, with great effort, dedicated a large part of my life to it. He knows I am a reasonable man, open to debate, open to negotiations. He chose to devy that with his most recent actions and words, to instead disrespect and offend Zaqaru.”

“I declared an ultimatum, a chance for him to take, and he rejected it. I do not bluff or lie, as Duke Stefano does. Therefore, his inappropriate and insufficient announcement had to have consequences.”

Duke Abolar Zaqaru sighs. “But you are right, I should have thought to contact and consult contact you. My sincerest apologies for that, for we are equal partners, both nobles, and we must stand together to make plans here.”

“So please, do not name me the villain here, when it is obvious House Sansone is. His announcement regarding the reparation of the warp gates is missing vital information. I know he wants to research what effect the mines have had, no doubt to improve upon them. Why do you think he announced a defensive pact to protect their ‘join warp gate work’? None is needed if you politely offer the owner to repairing it. Mark my words, there is more going on there. He will prove to be a threat to the sector and beyond if his strength is not reduced.”

Enigma 7

(In case you’re still up for the game, Shadowflick:)

Spoiler: House Lonestar
    Show
    Dear Duke Benjamin Stone,

I reach out to you, because I am in need of help. The treacherous House Sansone has damaged the warp gates in our conflict, damaging the trade routes through the system and putting the star system Gade at risk.

I seek to reduce the Sansone threat to the sector, but they have managed to gain the support of House Okeke. They are present in the Dorvale Sector, which is the sector adjacent to the Rayview Sector, in which your House lies.

Given the proximity, I ask for you to blockade House Okeke. This way, I will be able to swiftly reduce the Sansone threat, preventing loss of life. As House Okeke and your House are neutral to one another, House Okeke’s forces will be forced to return. Without their support the Sansones will be overrun within the upcoming five years, the conflict will be over before the blockade can be contested and the conflict may reach your House.

In return, I am willing to negotiate regarding the payment in trade, previously offered Orca Bombers and Hacking Hardware, or a generous discount on the Orca Bombers and Hacking Hardware. Alternatively, I can offer a military favour after the Sansone threat has been subdued. I am willing to negotiate on other terms.

My Grand Admiral has worked out two possibilities for blockade, as below. Blockade A, in front of House Okeke, and Blockade B1 and Blockade B2 near the branches from House Barlow at Blockade B1 and B2, where only the spaceships of House Okeke would be blocked from entry. For additional security, all blockades may be put in place, if their forces are capable of using alternate warp gates with their knowledge of Outlaw Gate Maps.

I hope we may reach an agreement and in any case I ask that this offer remains between the two of us. Considering your communication security, I kindly ask you to not reply in specifics, but only refer to A, B1, B2, whether you agree or not to this proposal and what you would like in return.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Abolar Zaqaru
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 02:29 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 7

Public Announcement
    I Farid Saquar, condone the action of house Sasone in their efforts to repair the damaged warp gates of the Gade System. They truly display the noble virtue of grace in defeat, something all nobles should stand ready to display should bitter disaster meet their righteous armies. House Zaqaru should learn from this example, for it seems that even in victory, grace eludes them. I was not consulted about furthering this war past the offer of reparations and the pacts with house Okeke, but was instead called upon like a chained dog. Our arrangement with house Zaqaru was never official. I offered aid as mercenaries to a cause I once saw as just. Now I see the Zaqaru-Sasone divorce was merely a convenient opportunity for Duke Abolar to pursue grudges long expired.

House Greenflame will not be joining this war.

To house Zaqaru
    Spoiler: private court pm
    Show
    Farid's eyes hardened.
    “You claim you tried words but delivered nothing but ultimatums, and when Sasone extended the olive branch? You doubled down on your words of war. Wish Nabuna a happy marriage for me Abolar, but perhaps let the bride’s family know the risks of marrying into your family."
    Farid stood, making to leave the tent. Bitterness in his voice.
    "Keep your scientists and coin, I was foolish to agree to this meeting in the first place."

To Earl Roshan
    Spoiler
    Show
    You will have our guarantee, swear loyalty and our fleets will protect your house from destruction.
    Last edited by A_Dinosaur; 2019-05-06 at 05:01 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Spoiler: House Greenflame Leader Court Private Message
    Show
    “So that’s why you waited so long.” An angry twitch of Abolar’s eyebrows. “If anybody of the two of us is a fool, then it is me. A fool to trust you, for you break your word and throw insults at me.” Shaking his head with a look of disgust on his face, Duke Abolar Zaqaru leaves Farid’s tent.

A public statement is issued in which Zaqaru condems House Greenflame for condoning House Sansone to undertake illegal and provocative actions in Zaqaru territory and requests they cease encouraging dishonourable acts.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-05-08 at 01:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Turn 3

War Rages On
    A full decade has passed since the death of the old emperor, and the wars sparked by his death continue. In the heart of the Imperium the Laramy civil war rages with millions dead on both sides, but the massive Imperial estates continue to churn out soldiers and ships for the grinding fight. In the north the war between the Jinks and Lyrae is one of move and counter move as the Lyraens attempt to move their superior military might into position where they can attack without being sabotaged mid campaign.

The Berger-Voss war on the other hand has been restricted to mild skirmishes through their border gate as the two sides ramp up military production in an arms race to produce a decisive advantage. And in the east news is scarce past the fluctuating warp gate, but rumors are that the Zaqaru have suffered a setback after their decisive victory in the past war.

Tensions Rising
    After a period of build up analysts suggest that many noble houses have reached the limit of their estates ability to fuel further growth. Ancient treaties bind many of them to their clusters, but such treaties hold little weight when neighbors are flexing their muscles. As such most believe that even the current wars will pale in comparison to what is to come as many more noble houses began fighting over the most bountiful systems.

Keys to the Throne
    A posthumous proclamation from the old emperor has been released through the Imperial communication networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Decree Theta 2049
    "I, Emperor Maximilian Laramy, being of sound mind but failing body have found no worthy succesors to the Titanium Throne. The Imperium cannot go without a strong and worthy leader or it will crumble. As such I have devised a test to determine a worthy claimant. The Imperial College of Sciences have been given a list of the most vital threats to the Imperium's stability. Anyone who identifies such a threat and solves the issue will be rewarded an archon sphere containing one set of encryption algorithms for the Titanium Throne. In the truest sense the throne will go to the one who brings the most stability to the Imperium."

20. - Top - End - #140

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 4

Long range Destructor Missiles slid silently from their tubes far below the port-forward view cameras of the H.F. Amon. Captain Treygan grinned as the weapons pulse drives ignited, flashing afterglow all that remained as they sped after their targets. The fight was comically small in comparison to the warzones in Gade only a few years before, but both fleets were fighting all out then. This was two great armada playing chicken over a far less strategically important system.

But it was still war, and people were still dying.

At over two million kilometers, the Amon's missiles were unlikely to land a direct hit, especially against the excellent missile decoys of the DRotP frigates, but lobbed like deep space frag grenades they could still gore poorly shielded corvettes and frigates, and the People’s Navy gave as good as they got with barrages of smart torpedos. Scanner blips marked out half a dozen dogfights in the vast space between the Heavy Destroyer Amon her the Frigate Squadron and the P.N.S. Defiant, a Light Cruiser.

“Comms? How far off is Bafut Squadron?”

The old comms officer winced, clearly not wanting to be the bearer of bad news.
    “Still about four million Captain, it will be at least half an hour before they are at the edge of missile range.”

“Very well,” Treygan straightened his shoulders, “Call back the ultralights tactical we are outgunned until Bafut arrives, nav, pull us about and gun the engines once the frigates are in our tractors.”

The gunnery officer let out a triumphant whoop over the coms, and the scanner blip of the Defiant grew fuzzy and indistinct as her outer shields rippled under impacts.

“Nice shot Guns, but save the celebration, we are pulling back. Our armaments aren’t up to clawing with cruisers, no sense in wasting missiles.”

The old comms officer’s voice spoke again, “Actually captain Treygan, they are calling for the general withdrawal, seems the enemy is pulling back too.”

“COWARDS, permission to pursue captain!” A general cheering filtered through the gunnery officers com unit.

“Put out your fire guns, we have our orders. No ambushes, no overextending, no risks.” Captain Treygan tried to hide the bitterness in her voice, while the Saquars were good Dukes, and Arda an excellent admiral, it was hard to see the reason for not engaging when they had the advantage. Still, with this skirmish, there was little doubt that war would come. The Whitewyne sector would not escape this era unscathed.

Players

To Tartarus
    Spoiler
    Show
    High Courtesan,
    A few weeks ago our fleets engaged with the People’s Navy in an unofficial skirmish in defense of Earl Roshan’s family. While there were few casualties, it poses several important questions about the DRotP’s future intentions. I hope I do not bore your exotic halls with talks of war…

I write because your organization has communicated more with the DRotP than any other, and I find myself in desperate need of council. From your talks with them do you think there is any hope for returning them to the fold of the Imperium? I did not know their old nobles well, but Nobility is not inherently cruel or evil. I am hopeful we can avoid a conflict, equal or not I am certain the First Equal would happily throw away the lives of their soldiers and civilians to cling to power. But the behavior of the last ten years…

It cannot be left unanswered.

Duke Farid Saquar
    Master of the Grand Marquis

NPCs

House Mertens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Mertens,
    I’ve been told you are going on a grand expansion building colony sites. My scientists have developed a colonization package that may help to accelerate your expansion, would you be interested in trading this innovation for some of your contacts and strategies in commerce?
    [offering tech 1 for commerce 1]

Duke Farid Saquar

House Vastadd
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duchess Izabella,
    The People’s Navy was repelled from Earl Roshan’s system, however, they are far from defeated. They pose a significant threat to both our nations, as they had considerably more manufacturing capabilities by our last intel than either of our nations, and their fleet has grown considerably. I have up to date intel on their fleet, as well as a foothold near their borders. There will be few opportunities better in future to cut them down to size and end their threat.

I need allies. Official ones, not the madness that happened with the Zaqarus. I have the fleet but it is lacking in a key area. One that your house excels at.

What might your house ask of us? I am sure that the science agreement that we once discussed could be ignited, and trade relations struck between our houses. I am sure together we could be far greater than apart.

Duke Farid Saquar,

Earl Roshan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Earl Roshan,
    I am pleased you and your family are safe, The People’s Navy will no doubt be back, and you must remain vigilant. You are our first line of warning against them. I will go to gather more allies for the coming conflict, in the meantime, see if you can rally the other local Earls to our cause, I can offer them the Greenflame Guarantee as I did to your house, if they swear fealty. It will save them their heads, at least.

Duke Farid Saquar,

Earl Severin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Earl Severin
    The Demcratic Republic of the People is advancing faster than I had at first feared. I aided your house some years ago, and helped to turn your System into a jewel of Whitewyne. It has come time to consolidate. Swear fealty to my house, and I will dub you Count with my prestige to back you.

Duke Farid Saquar,

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Fighters docking with a Carrier

Carrier

Each Zaqaru fleet has one Carrier, which serves as its backbone. The fleet’s fighters are docked there until combat starts and serves as support to frigates. It is a long spaceship, at 951 meters length. A mobile base of maintenance and logistics, it takes up the responsibility of coordination, hosting most strategists and the Admiral of the fleet. Only the bravest Admirals forsake the defensive position of a Carrier for more dedicated combat vessel as the typical Zaqaru Fleet lacks spaceships of equal size of a Carrier focused on firepower. The Zaqaru focus on fighters stem from its past of working in asteroid fields, where bigger spaceships were more of a liability than an asset.

Interceptors launching from the Carrier’s Fighter bay

The Carrier brings the fighters to battle and serves to restock, repair and rearm them. Additional supplies are stocked on board, from food to ammunition for torpedo frigates. It carries enough materials and equipment to do on-site repairs, capable of restoring operations and ensuring it keeps playing its prime role over the course of combat. Long ago, it served a role as base of operations in asteroid mining fields and still retains that functionality, as it can serve as a docking bay for resource collectors in asteroid fields to use the resources for its own stock.

The Carrier may have low manoeuvrability and speed, its role in a fleet is essential as it serves as the hub of logistics and coordination. Equipped with defensive turrets, these are only sufficient to take down a small assault of a few fighter squadrons or a pair of frigates. Staying well behind the line of fire, when the battle moves to involve Carriers for anything longer than a skirmish, it is likely the battle is already lost. Nevertheless, the large spaceship can sustain a lot of damage with a thick hull until the Carrier’s escort can take down the threat.

Enigma 7

Spoiler: Duchy of Lyrae
    Show
    Dear Duke Athaea Kelse,

With great pleasure I wish to inform you of the current equipment Zaqaru has available for sale. Please find the information for survival equipment below. Delivery time for an order is five years. Alternative methods of payment are discussable. Should you be interested, I will be happy to take any orders or answer any questions you may have.

Yours sincerely,
    Grand Administrator Earl Yaadus Emit

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber
    Price: 1 Trade (upfront payment) for 3 shipments.

The Orca Bomber is an improved version of the Zaqaru bomber. The chassis is of a familiar and trusted design, with the necessary upgrades. The armaments are of Greenflame design, an array of nuclear missiles to inflect even greater damage against heavily armoured targets.

Each shipment contains 5 squadrons of fighter craft. With each squadron composed of 5 fighters, this makes for a grand total of 75 bombers at your disposal. They are available in the colour scheme of your choice, to fit with the rest of your fleet and be ready to target any enemy.

New! Fire Control Module
    Price: 1 Trade (upfront payment) for 2 Shipments, 2 Trade (1 upfront, 1 on delivery) for 5 Shipments.

The Fire Control Module ensures improved battle operations by synchronising fire and enhancing tactical control for a Fleet. It is a large module to be installed on a sizeable vessel, such as a flagship or logistics ship. It can fit from a frigate and upwards, though at heavy cost to other systems. Most suitable would be a Carrier or Destroyer and up.

The Fire Control Module is dedicated to oversight and control over an action radius, increasing efficiency within range. Advanced computers track targets and allies, enabling commanders a better overview of the battle and coupling with other ship systems to coordinate assaults more effectively. Besides giving the ability to better coordin lead combat, the systems are also designed to synchronise targets and allowing devastating barrages of weapons fire, increasing damage dealt to enemies.

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware
    Price: 1 Trade (upfront payment) for 2 Shipments, 2 Trade (1 upfront, 1 on delivery) for 5 Shipments.

Designed with Zaqaru expertise in cryptography and the digital realm, Hacking Hardware was developed to assist your agents in the same field. Specialized devices and hardware operate in the digital and electronic battlefield.

Each shipment contains personal devices with specialized hardware and three squadrons of scout spaceships in the colour of your choice. The scouts have antenna equipped with all kinds of hacking hardware, such as sensors, computers and communication interceptors. This allows agents to more effectively work in their area of expertise, from disabling enemies, infiltrating hostile territory, listening in to foreign communications, to being tasked to advance cypher or enigma.

New! Sensors Array

Information regarding the enemy is what will prove vital in any operation. Zaqaru provides advanced sensors to meet this need. Specialized sensors arrays to be incorporated in large vessels, such as Carriers and Cruisers, as well as the latest sensors installed in dedicated sensor probes.

This allows highly effective intelligence gathering, so that messages or sensitive information may be earlier uncovered. The information provides a significant advantage in the battlefield, as by being aware of the enemy before they are aware of you, disabling them is even easier. The equipment readily synergises with hacking Hardware.

Image from: https://pt.dreamstime.com/ilustra%C3...-image64902513

Spoiler: Excagon Family
    Show
    Dear Duchess Lehel Excagon,

With great pleasure I wish to inform you of the current equipment Zaqaru has available for sale. Please find the information for survival equipment below. Delivery time for an order is five years. Alternative methods of payment are discussable. Should you be interested, I will be happy to take any orders or answer any questions you may have.

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

The Orca Bomber is an improved version of the Zaqaru bomber. The chassis is of a familiar and trusted design, with the necessary upgrades. The armaments are of Greenflame design, an array of nuclear missiles to inflect even greater damage against heavily armoured targets.

Each shipment contains 5 squadrons of fighter craft. With each squadron composed of 5 fighters, this makes for a grand total of 75 bombers at your disposal. They are available in the colour scheme of your choice, to fit with the rest of your fleet and be ready to target any enemy.

New! Fire Control Module

The Fire Control Module ensures improved battle operations by synchronising fire and enhancing tactical control for a Fleet. It is a large module to be installed on a sizeable vessel, such as a flagship or logistics ship. It can fit from a frigate and upwards, though at heavy cost to other systems. Most suitable would be a Carrier or Destroyer and up.

The Fire Control Module is dedicated to oversight and control over an action radius, increasing efficiency within range. Advanced computers track targets and allies, enabling commanders a better overview of the battle and coupling with other ship systems to coordinate assaults more effectively. Besides giving the ability to better coordin lead combat, the systems are also designed to synchronise targets and allowing devastating barrages of weapons fire, increasing damage dealt to enemies.

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

Designed with Zaqaru expertise in cryptography and the digital realm, Hacking Hardware was developed to assist your agents in the same field. Specialized devices and hardware operate in the digital and electronic battlefield.

Each shipment contains personal devices with specialized hardware and three squadrons of scout spaceships in the colour of your choice. The scouts have antenna equipped with all kinds of hacking hardware, such as sensors, computers and communication interceptors. This allows agents to more effectively work in their area of expertise, from disabling enemies, infiltrating hostile territory, listening in to foreign communications, to being tasked to advance cypher or enigma.

New! Sensors Array

Information regarding the enemy is what will prove vital in any operation. Zaqaru provides advanced sensors to meet this need. Specialized sensors arrays to be incorporated in large vessels, such as Carriers and Cruisers, as well as the latest sensors installed in dedicated sensor probes.

This allows highly effective intelligence gathering, so that messages or sensitive information may be earlier uncovered. The information provides a significant advantage in the battlefield, as by being aware of the enemy before they are aware of you, disabling them is even easier. The equipment readily synergises with hacking Hardware.

Spoiler: Alexander Laramy
    Show
    Dear Lord Alexander Laramy,

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Spoiler: Persephone Laramy
    Show
    Dear Lady Persephone Laramy,

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Spoiler: House Arnos
    Show
    Dear Duke Raudos Arnos,

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Spoiler: House Barlow
    Show
    Dear Duke Barlow,

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Spoiler: House Berger
    Show
    Dear Duke Ernst Berger,

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Spoiler: House Bosque
    Show
    Dear Duke Bosque,

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Spoiler: House Forsche
    Show
    Dear Administrator Moffet,

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Spoiler: House Gadhavi
    Show
    Dear Duchess Amborg Gadhavi,

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Spoiler: House Lonestar
    Show
    Dear Duke Benjamin Stone,

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Other image host.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

(OOC: Double post because too much text for 1 post.)

Enigma 7

Show

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Spoiler: House Okeke
    Show
    Dear Duke Okeke,

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Spoiler: House Starosta
    Show
    Dear Duke Starosta,

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Spoiler: House of Steel
    Show
    Dear Grand Admiral Shen,

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Show
    Dear Duke Tehrani,

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Spoiler: House Vastadd
    Show
    Dear Duchess izabela Vastadd,

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Spoiler: House Voss
    Show
    Dear Councillor Vanya Mal,

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Spoiler: House Xinclair
    Show
    Dear Chief Financial Director Sigmund Xinclair,

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Spoiler: House Ytterbus
    Show
    Dear Duke Arthrax Ytterbus,

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Spoiler: Universal and Empyrean Church of the Blessed Eternal
    Show
    Dear Grand Exarch Malraux,

Yours sincerely,

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: House Mertens to House Greenflame [Enigma 6]
    Show
    (OOC: I am not sure if you are aware of the change, but databases can't be copied for free. You need to spend science or trade on it. They are assets that can be traded now. However someone can assist you in copying a database for cheaper than researching a new one.)

Spoiler: House Vastadd to House Greenflame [Engima 4]
    Show
    Duke Farid,

I could see my way to helping you in this endevour given a joint research agreement and a favorable trade deal. However this mode of communication is not secure. We should discuss things in a more secure location.

Duchess Izabela Vastadd

Spoiler: Earl Roshan to House Greenflame [Enigma 3]
    Show
    Duke Saquar,

I do not need to do much. I am sure most of the earls closer to the Democratic Collective would be willing to offer fealty if you asked them.

Earl Roshan

Spoiler: Earl Severin to House Greenflame [Enigma 3]
    Show
    Duke Saquar,

Certainly I will swear fealty. However I would ask for a certain leeway to govern my own system. I would reserve [3 Stats] for the use of House Severin, and whatever I can colonize with the output of those world's in the future.

Earl Severin

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru Abdication

At the wise age of 82, Duke Abolar Zaqaru abdicates. Zaqaru custom demands that at each five year interval, if the ruler is 80 or older, they abdicate. In a distinguished ceremony with a large audience, it is the heir selected by the Zaqaru Council who succeeds Duke Abolar Zaqaru.

Nabuna Zaqaru: 3 Votes. Heir. Grand Diplomat Ninki Eshnuk, Grand Admiral Elos Roshami and Grand Agent Ayallal Attar all voted on Nabuna Zaqaru.
    Abus Zaqaru: 1 Vote. Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta voted on Abus Zaqaru.
    Puabi Zaqaru: 1 Vote. Grand Administrator Shurshun Byleuc voted on Puabi Zaqaru.

Duke Nabuna Zaqaru
    Duchess Saundri Arnos

Earl Shursun Byleuc also abdicates due to maximum age, resigning as Grand Administrator.
    Earl Yaadus Ernit ris appointed as Grand Administrator.
    Earl Namzara Zaqaru, heir of the recently abdicated Earl Saba Zaqaru, participant in the Sashaw Wheel Track race, replaces Earl Ninki Eshnuk as Grand Diplomat.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Other image host.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Duke Nabuna Zaqaru
    I am honoured to announce the destabilised warp gates to Gade have been repaired! I offer my gratitude towards my predecessor for making the requires arrangements and my compliments to Duke Athae Kelse for lending aid in troubled time. Congratulations and my thanks to the scientists of the Duchy of Lyrae for their dedication and expertise in ensuring the returned stability of the warp gates.

No threat from warp gates remains for travel throughout the Manzat star cluster. However, due to the continued war, danger remains for travel in Gade and beyond, therefore civilian movements are discouraged towards the star clusters of Birqu and Kara. Zaqaru supply spaceships have finally managed to reach the settlements in Gade without impediment from the warp gates to restore regular operations.

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Deepak, House Tomoko, House Andrijana, House Treasach, House Omid, House Lida, House Tagwanibisan, House Dalibor, House Sandy, House Ottó, House Geretrudis
    Show
    Dear Earl Ingo Deepak, Earl Gianluca Tomoko, Earl Manuelita Andrijana, Earl Periklis Treasach, Earl Isaías Omid, Earl Euanthe Lidka, Earl Teófila Tagwanibisan, Earl Nóra Dalibor, Earl Yafe Sandy, Earl Meghan Ottó, Earl Lorena Geretrudis,

Each and every one of you are proud and noble Earls in the Byvale Sector. Together, you represent the finest Byvale has to offer and I feel your plight at having to share the sector with the common folk. As nobles amongst another, I wish to extend several offers on behalf of Zaqaru which I hope will be beneficial to all parties involved.

To the Earls with Fleets, Agencies and Markets, I offer equipment for Fleets and Agencies. Those with the funds available may see it fit to purchase the equipment for own use or trade them for services from fellow Earls with Fleets and Agencies.

To the Earls with Universities, I offer a settlement investment in exchange for research results.

To the Earls with Court, I offer a job opportunity where the profits will be shared equally.

More details regarding each offer can be found below. It is my sincere hope each of you will find the Zaqaru offers of interest. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: Equipment Offers
    Show
    Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber

New! Fire Control Module

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware

New! Sensors Array

Spoiler: Investment for Research
    Show
    Zaqaru is willing to offer [1 Trade] worth of colonisation equipment as investment in your noble House. In return, your noble House will offer a blueprint within five years time to Zaqaru. The suggested course of action would be to dedicate the research efforts of your University to create a prototype for the new colony and share the resulting blueprint.

Both noble Houses agree not to sell the blueprint and both will be able to use the blueprint to create equipment. It is understood Zaqaru intends to use the blueprint to create equipment and sell it freely, where your House will refrain from acting as competitor. Credit for the design will be given to your esteemed House for as long as your House remains independent.

Spoiler: Court Job Offer
    Show
    Zaqaru industry welcomes the expert leadership, skills and bureaucracy of a Court to maximise efficiency and increase profits. Any additional revenue will be equally shared between the noble Houses.

For example a Court assisting one Industry, leading to an additional profit of [1 Trade] will mean both your noble House and Zaqaru each gain [0.5 Trade].
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Other image host.

26. - Top - End - #146

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 4

NPCs

House Mertens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duke Mertens,
    Given your recent expansions it strikes me I may have a set of archives that may prove quite relevant to you. If you are interested, I would be happy to offer your scientists access to our [tech 1] archives in exchange for allowing my own scientists access to your [commerce 1].

OOC: Giving each other the 1 science discount on archives.

House Vastadd
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duchess Izabella,
    You speak truly. I shall visit your court myself.

House Vastadd PM
    Spoiler: Court PM
    Show
    Farid arrives with a military escort, though his private craft is purely for envoy work. He is dressed in a formal business suit, though the Samarkite stylizations give the clothes a vague robe like quality. Once the initial pleasantaries are through with, Farid settles in to talk business.

"So alliance talk. I wish for this to be as mutually beneficial as possible, and for that I propose we begin with trade relations. However-" Farid holds up a finger. "Both our duchies have a significant advantage of universities. I propose we both put our brightest minds to work on developing your nation up to [commerce 2], and then in a few years your scientist aid mine in copying that information over into my systems. In addition to building a trade agreement of sorts now, I believe we can both turn considerable profit in years to come."
    [OOC: we both put 5 science in this turn to build up to commerce 2, then next turn we both put in 4 to copy them over to me. Also the wording of commerce implies that it unlocks certain trade interactions, which I hope we can then use on each other.]

Farid flicks his wrist, and a small hologram flares up covering the skirmish in Earl Roshan's system.

"This alliance will not be struck in a time of peace however. While we are not officially at war, the DRotP is pushing their borders. Unless they are intending to push directly into the Haytham and new Sashaw fleets, which would require declarations and possibly stir up galactic opposition, they will be hitting the Earls along the western Whitewyn. A trail which gives them room to expand and puts them close to your borders."

The holo zooms back to show the predicted routes and probable fleet composition.

"I propose we declare ourselves allies and offer guarantees to the Earl's under threat. Given the utter hopelessness of their situation they may even become your vassals should that be the route you wish to take."

Farid pauses, to gauge Izabellas reaction thus far before going into actual military strategy.

House Xinclair
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duke Xinclair,
    Does your house offer loans? House Greenflame is in need of an injection of funds.

Earl Severin
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a count it is only just that you should have resources to expand your holdings. I agree to these terms.

Earl Roshan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Earl Roshan,
    A fair point, I suppose I shall contact them myself.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: House Laramy to Zaqaru Dynasty [Engigma 10]
    Show

We are interested in purchasing [10 units] of your new fire control modules for our forces.
    Archduke Alexander Laramy

Spoiler: House Laramy to Zaqaru Dynasty [Engigma 10]
    Show

Please have your shipping agents prepare an order of [10 units] of your fire control systems for our navy.

Crown Princess Persephone Laramy

Spoiler: House Mertens to Zaqaru Dynasty [Engigma 6]
    Show

I see your mercantile endevours are still going well. We're always glad to see another house see the benefit of peaceful trade. So put us down for [10 units] of your new command module.

Spoiler: House Vastadd to Zaqaru Dynasty [Engigma 4]
    Show

House Vastadd will order [10 units] of your sensor arrays.

Duchess Izabella Vastadd

Spoiler: House Forsche to Zaqaru Dynasty [Engigma 5]
    Show

We will buy some of your new sensor arrays. One batch of [3 units] for [1 trade] and another batch of [5 units] for [2 trade].

Administrator Moffet

Spoiler: House Sandy, House Andrijana, House Treasach, House Dalibor to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 3]
    Show
    The earls in question are all willing to agree to provide the blueprints they produce in return for investment in their systems.

Spoiler: The Triune Pact to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 3]
    Show
    We wish to purchase [3 units] of orca bombers, and [2 units] of fire control modules.

Earl Euanthe Lidka
    Earl Teófila Tagwanibisan
    Earl Isaías Omid

Spoiler: House Mertens to House Greenflame [Enigma 6]
    Show
    That is a sound bargain. We agree to the exchange.

Spoiler: House Vastadd to House Greenflame [PM]
    Show
    Duchess Izabella nods as she considers the holomap. "My own analysis agrees with you, and indeed I have made overtures to the DRP in order to ensure they do not come into conflict with my house. They have been surprisingly reasonable. But my envoys tell me that the collective has a new leader almost every time they visit. So how can I trust any agreements I make will remain binding."

"Your plan is a sound one. I will agree to it in principal."

Spoiler: House Xinclair to House Greenflame [Enigma 5]
    Show
    We offer various finanical options. What size of a loan were you looking for?

Spoiler: House Severin to House Greenflame [Enigma 3]
    Show
    Then I, Earl Halcyone Séverin, will swear fealty to the House of Greenflame.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Sashaw Race Competitors Recap

Faction Rough Wheel (Hildago) Track Wheel Rough Wing Track Wing Spaceship Tatooine Run
    Duchy of Lyrae
    House Barlow
    House Greenflame
    House Lonestar
    House Starosta
    House Tatarus
    House Ytterbus
    Zaqaru Dynasty
    Independents
    Total 6 5 5 5 6 3

= Did not pay entry prestige

Zaqaru

The voice of an older lady provides comment to the list. "That's the recap of the competitors of the Sashaw races! It's been a wonderfully exciting time following all the Sashaw races. I'm Quda Vynai, Earl of Natho Sina, your presentator!"

"What anybody will see on the list is House Lonestar and House Ytterbus not being present for the Tatooine Run. There's still no official word from both parties, though there are plenty of rumors circulating. The most popular is that the horse Demon of House Ytterbus broke free and managed to release the horse of Benjamin Lonestar to ride off into the sunset. Whether true or not, I certainly think it's a great story!"

"Speaking about great stories, let's look at the results of the Sashaw Races!"

Enigma 7

Show
    Dear Duke Ernst Berger,

On behalf of Zaqaru I seek contact with you. Before the previous Duke abdicated, he tried to contact you in hopes of discussing peace between House Berger and House Voss. There was no response, even when another attempt to contact you was made. While I am curious what may be the reason behind the lack of response, I am even more interested in your current stance towards House Voss and I hope you will honour me with a response regarding this inquiry.

Yours sincerely,
    Grand Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru

Spoiler: Shadda Cabal
    Show
    Dear Shadda Cabal,

I offer you my sincere gratitude for giving directions for the Zaqaruans lost in space, allowing them to make their way home.

Before my loyal subjects established communications with you, the name Shadda Cabal was but a rumoured name to me. My subjects have informed me that your group lives travelling through space, which is uncharted to us. Out of curiosity, may I inquire what brought you to venture out there?

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

(OOC: Did those returning home learn from the journey back where, or in what direction, the Shadda Cabal might roughly be?)

Spoiler: Archduke Alexander Laramy
    Show
    Dear Archduke Alexander Laramy,

Thank you for your stated interest, on behalf of Zaqaru I am happy to fulfill such an order. Zaqaru factories will immediately get to work producing your order as soon the initial upfront payment is received.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: Crown Princess Persephone Laramy
    Show
    Dear Crown Princess Persephone Laramy,

Zaqaru factories are hard at work to fulfill your order and our shipping agents are in full preparation of delivery. Thank you for your business.

Yours sincerely,

Show

Thank you for your kind words, I am grateful to see the benefit of peaceful trade. Zaqaru factories are hard at work to fulfill your order.

As House Mertens is famed for its mercantile expertise, I hope you will oblige me. It is only recently I took over this honoured job and I am hoping, do you have any advice for me in the field of commerce?

Yours sincerely,

Show
    Dear Duchess Izabella Vastadd,

Thank you for your order, on behalf of Zaqaru I am happy say Zaqaru factories are hard at work to fulfill it.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Forsche
    Show
    (OOC: It’s 2 units for 1 trade and 5 for 2 trade, but Vastadd mentions wanting 3 units for 1 trade. Is that a mixup in numbers or a request?)

Spoiler: House Sandy, House Andrijana, House Treasach, House Dalibo
    Show
    After a confirmation message from Grand Administrator Earl Yaadus Emit, Zaqaru trade ships start to arrive with colonisation supplies.

Spoiler: Triune Pact
    Show
    Dear Earl Euanthe Lidka, Earl Teófila Tagwanibisan and Earl Isaías Omid of the Triune Pact,

It pleases me to see your cooperative effort and on behalf of Zaqaru I am happy to fulfill such an order. Zaqaru factories will immediately get to work producing your order as soon the initial upfront payment is received.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Deepak, House Tomoko, House Ottó, House Geretrudis
    Show
    Dear Earl Ingo Deepak, Earl Gianluca Tomoko, Earl Meghan Ottó, Earl Lorena Geretrudis,

Since my last offer, I have not received word from each of you. In the hopes of aiding your interests, I would like to inquire what offers or services might pique your interest. Based on that information, I know what Zaqaru might look into in the time to come.

Yours sincerely,
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-05-24 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Added Shashaw Race Competitors

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: House Berger to Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 5]
    Show
    Grand Diplomat Zaqaru,

We have decided that this war is a strain that neither of our houses can afford at the current time. We are currently in the process of drawing up an armistice and non aggression treaty.

Duke Ernst Berger

Spoiler: Shadda Cabal to the Zaqaru [Enigma: Out of Your League]
    Show
    Duke Nabunaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

We like the Starsss.

(OOC: Your crews don't know. The Shadda found them.)

Spoiler: House Mertens to Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 6]
    Show
    Grand Administrator Emit,

My advice is to be more discreet. You are selling new and marvelous things to everyone for significant profits. And you are also engaged in a great and terrible war where all your fleets are involved. It's only a matter of time before you get pirates.

Spoiler: House Forsche to Zaqaru Dynasty
    Show
    (I must have misread that. In which case they will only buy 5.)

"House Deepak, House Tomoko, House Ottó, House Geretrudis to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 3]"
    The only thing you can offer us is military protection. The Triune Pact plans to conquer this cluster and use our resources to form a Great House.

Spoiler: House Sansone to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 5]
    Show
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru,

Our houses have been at war for an entire decade. And the war looks to be dragging on for even more years. It is my hope that you will be willing to negotiate a cease fire so that our subjects no longer have to give their lives for the machinations of the great houses.

Sincerely,
    Duke Stephano Sansone

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Sashaw Races
    Show
    Hildalgo

Winner: Independent

Barlow
    Greenflame
    Tatarus
    Ytterbus
    Zaqaru

2nd: (1d5)[2]
    3rd: (1d4)[4]
    4th: (1d3)[3]
    5th: (1d2)[2]
    6th: ?

Track Wheel

Greenflame
    Tatarus
    Ytterbus
    Zaqaru
    Independents

Winner: (1d5)[5]
    2nd: (1d4)[1]
    3rd: (1d3)[3]
    4th: (1d2)[2]
    5th: ?

Rough Wing

Greenflame
    Tatarus
    Ytterbus
    Dynasty
    Independents

Winner: (1d5)[1]
    2nd: (1d4)[4]
    3rd: (1d3)[3]
    4th: (1d2)[1]

Track Wing

Greenflame
    Tatarus
    Ytterbus
    Zaqaru
    Independents

Winner: (1d5)[3]
    2nd: (1d4)[1]
    3rd: (1d3)[1]
    4th: (1d2)[1]

Spaceship

Lyrae
    Greenflame
    Starosta
    Tatarus
    Ytterbus
    Zaqaru

Winner: (1d6)[2]
    2nd: (1d5)[4]
    3rd: (1d4)[4]
    4th: (1d3)[3]
    5th: (1d2)[1]
    6th: ?

Sashaw Race Outcome Recap

Faction Rough Wheel (Hildago) Track Wheel Rough Wing Track Wing Spaceship
    Winner Independent Independent Greenflame Ytterbus Greenflame
    2nd Greenflame Greenflame Independents Greenflame Ytterbus
    3rd Zaqaru Zaqaru Zaqaru Tatarus Zaqaru
    4th Ytterbus Ytterbus Tatarus Zaqaru Tatarus
    5th Tatarus Tatarus Ytterbus Independents Lyrae
    6th Barlow Starosta

Zaqaru

Engima 7

Spoiler: House Greenflame
    Show
    Dear Duke Farid Saquar Greenflame,

I would like to inform you that the offer regarding Hacking Hardware extended to you earlier by Zaqaru is still valid. Since that offer Zaqaru has developed new equipment, such as an extensive Sensors Array. Should you be interested in making a purchase, please let me know and I will send you more information.

Given lack of prior interest and most recent interactions, I thought it best to wait until contacting you. Should you have specific wishes which I may facilitate in the future, please make me aware so I can look into possibilities in the time to come.

Yours sincerely,

Show
    Dear Duke Ernst Berger,

I am grateful for your swift response, thank you for informing me of the current state. Your decision sounds wise given the current circumstances. I would like to kindly ask you to keep me informed of the progress and if there is anything I can do to aid in the process.

Yours sincerely,
    Grand Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru

Spoiler: Shadda Cabal
    Show
    Dear Shadda Cabal,

Your fondness of the stars is certainly remarkable. Have your travels given you what you sought?

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Show

Thank you for your advice. I will take the advice into account going forward. Your words have reminded me times are changing and that threats of old may resurface. To my knowledge pirates have not been a danger of note throughout the Empire, but without Emperor this may well change.

Yours sincerely,

Show
    Dear Adminstrator Moffet,

Thank you for your order, on behalf of Zaqaru I am happy say Zaqaru factories are hard at work to fulfill it.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Deepak, House Tomoko, House Ottó, House Geretrudis
    Show
    Dear Earl Ingo Deepak, Earl Gianluca Tomoko, Earl Meghan Ottó, Earl Lorena Geretrudis,

Thank you for informing me of what interests you. Unfortunately it is quite a distance away from the current offering, but I will see what I can do for the future.

Yours sincerely,

Spoiler: House Sansone
    Show
    Dear Duke Stephano Sansone,

I am certainly open for any negotiations to the benefit of our subjects. This war can end immediately if House Sansone meets the prior demands set forth. If you have another proposal in mind, I am willing to listen.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-05-25 at 07:35 AM.