New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: El Goonish ShiVe: Look! Squirrel!

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    What vampire out of range?
    Any Vampire out of range.

The anti-vampire spell was an area of effect centered around the immortals as they cast it: Pandora notes explicitly that some vampires will be out of the areas covered by various immortals as theyr're forced to cast and others would be protected by other means.

Over 90% of aberrations were destroyed, but there's some left.

I'd find it highly unlikely that every vampire in the county was killed in the blast.

So, if they ran into something hostile or dangerous, a vampire is still a possibility, even if a drastically reduced one.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Any Vampire out of range.

The anti-vampire spell was an area of effect centered around the immortals as they cast it: Pandora notes explicitly that some vampires will be out of the areas covered by various immortals as theyr're forced to cast and others would be protected by other means.

Over 90% of aberrations were destroyed, but there's some left.

I'd find it highly unlikely that every vampire in the county was killed in the blast.

So, if they ran into something hostile or dangerous, a vampire is still a possibility, even if a drastically reduced one.
    Given the number of immortals in Moperville and the fact that Sirleck's crew got TPK, as well as the spider-vampire, I'd expect any surviving vampire to be severely geographically removed from our heroes. And I would expect any survivor to lay the **** low for a good while after that.

I'm pretty sure that estimate of the amount of dead aberrations was Dan's way of saying that there are no more plans to include vampires in the story, while giving himself some wiggle room should he maybe change his mind. Besides it's a bit old hat by now.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Barbarian in the Playground

I thought Camdin was just a big poser. Turns out he's worse.
    "You ignored my warning. Mocked me for it. Then you knocked me to the ground and left me to die."
    And after that describes himself as a hero.
    **** that noise.

Yeah, Luke can't tell Justin about this. Not because Camdin merits a pass. Because Justin doesn't deserve to go to prison.
    Last edited by Windscion; 2021-07-19 at 07:10 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The guy whose one power is supersmoking knocked over his friend running? Really?
    I am not sure what the issue here is. It isn't like he would actually need his powers to knock Luke over.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    I am not sure what the issue here is. It isn't like he would actually need his powers to knock Luke over.
    He wouldn't have knocked Luke over and would probably have been faster if he'd used it, is the point.
    Forum Wisdom

6. - Top - End - #1296

I'm pretty sure that estimate of the amount of dead aberrations was Dan's way of saying that there are no more plans to include vampires in the story, while giving himself some wiggle room should he maybe change his mind. Besides it's a bit old hat by now.
    I would say that the Susan/Nanase interaction at the recent party looks to me like wrapping up loose ends. But it's also a nod to how these kids the comic is growing up.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

He wouldn't have knocked Luke over and would probably have been faster if he'd used it, is the point.
    It says right there that he panicked.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Admittedly, Cadmin doesn't seem the kind of guy who has much rational decision thinking.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

On the most recent EGS:NP's point about games featuring nudity being low-quality, here are my thoughts.

It seems to me that people with the chops to make high-quality games usually eschew nudity because they think it will hurt their mass-market appeal. And it seems to me that people without the chops to make high-quality games often aim for niche markets, where they have less competition.

10. - Top - End - #1300

Elliot, you really should have just accepted her saying "super hero magic" instead of pushing for a second choice.

11. - Top - End - #1301

I've been watching Quinn/Introspective Spy's Mass Effect Legendary Edition playthrough on the StreamFourStar channel.

Gotta say, strongly feeling Diane's mood right now. Character vignettes consistently seem to be the best parts of the games.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground

As for the comments below the latest EGS:NP, I'll heartily agree with Dan on not wanting to manage my inventory. Some games include "leveling gear," which just gives you whatever numbers a character of your class and level should have. I always take that option and never look back. It's so freeing.

As for his dislike of leveling up characters, for me it depends. If leveling up is giving me bigger numbers that I need just to keep up with the bigger numbers of the enemies I'm going to face, I'd rather it just happen automatically. If leveling up is giving me actual interesting choices that can change how the character plays, then i absolutely want to control that.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Current comic
    Show
    Oh right, trauma.
    Forum Wisdom

14. - Top - End - #1304

Given Grace's question to Tedd, I think Grace wants to be a counselor/therapist for kids who are traumatized like she used to be.

15. - Top - End - #1305

Quote Originally Posted by Windscion View Post
    Given Grace's question to Tedd, I think Grace wants to be a counselor/therapist for kids who are traumatized like she used to be.
    She has been studying psychology.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Windscion View Post
    "Used to be?" Trauma like that doesn't disappear. You may be able to move past it, but it never goes away. It sticks with you for the rest of your life. There is no "used to be" traumatized.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    "Used to be?" Trauma like that doesn't disappear. You may be able to move past it, but it never goes away. It sticks with you for the rest of your life. There is no "used to be" traumatized.
    Maybe they meant Grace used to be a kid.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ogre in the Playground

You say "evil lightning," I say "force-taser." Maybe if Yoda had taught Luke the ways of force-tasering, he could resolve bar fights without cutting anyone's arm off. Yes, I know he cut off that dude's arm before he met Yoda. But it's still a great example of why you might not want to resolve everything with your laser-sword.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maat Mons View Post
    You say "evil lightning," I say "force-taser." Maybe if Yoda had taught Luke the ways of force-tasering, he could resolve bar fights without cutting anyone's arm off. Yes, I know he cut off that dude's arm before he met Yoda. But it's still a great example of why you might not want to resolve everything with your laser-sword.
    the old Kotor games do ya one better and just have a light side power just being stun/paralyze/stasis field effects. If your going for nonlethal why cause pain with electricity when you can just render them immobile or even asleep?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ogre in the Playground

Luke never cut off anyone's arm in a bar fight.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Titan in the Playground

Luke never cut off anyone's arm in a bar fight.
    In the immortal words of a wise Jedi Master:

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Don't make me take your arm off, sonny! Old Ben Ben needs grocery money!
    Forum Wisdom

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    the old Kotor games do ya one better and just have a light side power just being stun/paralyze/stasis field effects. If your going for nonlethal why cause pain with electricity when you can just render them immobile or even asleep?
    I loved the force whirlwind effect. Nothing was funnier than seeing those idiot enemies haplessly go round and round while you boomerang-lightsaber their butts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ettin in the Playground

Susan just had to go there, didn't she.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
    Susan just had to go there, didn't she.
    It's a logical assumption, especially given that they're teenagers who've been going out for a while. Really, the only flaw in her reasoning is that Dan seems obsessed with making his characters absurdly chaste, but that's not something she would know.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

It's a logical assumption, especially given that they're teenagers who've been going out for a while. Really, the only flaw in her reasoning is that Dan seems obsessed with making his characters absurdly chaste, but that's not something she would know.
    I'm not sure even that holds – Ellen and Nanase, at least, are a counterexample. And other than that... well, Elliot's pure boyscout, Susan's not interested, Sarah was dating Elliot, Justin's only just got a boyfriend, and Tedd and Grace... well, Tedd's calmed down a lot, so if they did they wouldn't talk about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ettin in the Playground

I was more thinking about this comic, which implies that Susan is more likely to think about this than others.

27. - Top - End - #1317

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I'm not sure even that holds – Ellen and Nanase, at least, are a counterexample. And other than that... well, Elliot's pure boyscout, Susan's not interested, Sarah was dating Elliot, Justin's only just got a boyfriend, and Tedd and Grace... well, Tedd's calmed down a lot, so if they did they wouldn't talk about it.
    For me the oddity is that sex is seen from the outside. When Sarah obliquely reveals that she had sex, the focus is really on Grace. Here Catalina may have had sex, and the focus is on Susan. Couples that are likely to have sex, like Ellen and Nanase or Ted and Grace, simply don't talk about it.*

At the same time, there was a non-canon strip in which a speaker told an assembly something in the line of "turn off your penises" when proposing them a project, and Dan said in the commentary that he wasn't comfortable with one of his main characters saying that. And there also was that time he indicated that he had used less coarse language for that green-haired, nicotine-addicted girl, because it otherwise wouldn't have fit EGS. So it's possible that explicit sex talk would belong to that category.

From my point of view, Elliot is the exception to this trend. He has actual reasons not to have sex (he's scared of conceiving a baby while at school, because that's what his parents did), and we have seen him meditate about current and possible relationships (about Susan, for example, or about wondering what his current girlfriend's sexual intentions are).

*possible exception: "sexy plans", as Ellen once said.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

Sarah obliquely revealed that she had sex?

29. - Top - End - #1319

Sarah obliquely revealed that she had sex?
    https://www.egscomics.com/comic/party-040

Although I have to admit, rereading the page, that I came to the conclusion it was sex because I couldn't imagine (and I still can't) what else it could be that Sarah would rather not talk about explicitly. Plus, she had previously expressed strong physical attraction for Sam and was frustrated for still being a virgin in spite of an ongoing relationship. And maybe there are some later thoughts by Grace on the subject, although I don't remember them precisely.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    https://www.egscomics.com/comic/party-040

Although I have to admit, rereading the page, that I came to the conclusion it was sex because I couldn't imagine (and I still can't) what else it could be that Sarah would rather not talk about explicitly.
    I read that as her simply feeling like going into details wouldn't be proper. I definitely don't read Sarah and Sam's relationship as having progressed to physical intimacy (yet).
    Forum Wisdom