New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

Hey, Igor, Maglanist PM'd me saying they want to join, I ran by them the expectations I'm sure are all vital to understand and they're all okay with that, so we might have someone new joining.

to handle this, Rater, Jirou might decide to "temporarily" post new genin security to team 3 to help guard against Futility-san after this attack and basically be an excuse for Maglanists character to join until we can figure out a more concrete excuse to Team 3's weird structure, that okay with you?

as for a Yin-yang wood release....uuuh....hm. I dunno. what would call a woodpaper? woodpaper is just more paper though. or maybe yin-yang would photosynthesis? I dunno. that might be a thought for another think.

as for Senko having paper powers hm.....I see a great opportunity for Kimiko to be a total Vegeta about that.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #602
    Colossus in the Playground

Actually, I thought of something interesting: Futility-san has at least three bloodlines, possibly more.

If Senko got ahold of his cells... Well, I've previously established that trying to graft more than one bloodline at the same time could be problematic...

And if you remember, when Kabuto first grafted Orochimaru's cells to himself Orochimaru's cells were trying to eat him.
    Spoiler: Picture
    Show

So, if Senko does get ahold of his cells... Well, I'm imagining an arm that ransomply expolites into ears and strips of paper which provides complications for a story or two before Senko's body fully adapts.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

Could happen. I can see it being a problem

as for yin-yang wood release.....maybe the result of that is simply whatever Hashirama is? He somehow united the halves and became the enlightened ultrawood. we can call it Hashirama Release to differentiate it from normal wood

4. - Top - End - #604

I don't know, that seams Lazy.

Like, Hashirama is listed as using Yin Release, but he's listed as using all of the elements and he only has the one confirmed Yin Release technique.

Hashirama is said to have had an unusually potent life force, so if anything his powers are more Yang than Yang rather than "Yin-Yang."

Photosynthesis seems more like plain wood...

Maybe just "both become more versatile and powerful" until we come up with something better?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah sure. I'm just spitballing.

its fun coming up with historical figures for the clans to demonstrate how the clan would've been different in other eras, and I'm getting a lot of mileage out drawing inspiration from real historical figures for them.

6. - Top - End - #606

On the "Kimiko as Vegeta" thing...

The way I'm seeing it, if Senko gets Paper Release it would be in the form of like... Paper ribbons coiled around each other to form whatever limb she's channeling the power through.

Then the ribbons uncoil and recoil into various shapes. So it's superficially similar to the advanced techniques but it's applications are different. I imagine using the ribbons as tentacles ot to spider-man your way around certain places would be the obvious application

Honestly, Senko would probably describe what it feels like combining nature transformation with her bloodline powers, which, honestly, is probably similar enough to applying chakra flow to your own body that Kimiko could retroengineer it herself from those descripions.

Unless there's something Special that Paper Release does when combined with Senjutsu.

Edit: I imagine that if Senko does get Futility-san's cells, the first that the rest of the team would know about it is seeing her arm "covered in bandages."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-09-08 at 01:45 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #607

Thought for supporting character.

Genin medical ninja. A few years older than the rest of the group. She was never promoted to chunin... Basically, because she lacks leadership skills. She spends to much time evaluating options, which means he can't make a judgment call in the heat of the moment.

Honestly, she's fine if she never gets promoted... But she's also willing to be a seat filler if a team is being sent to the Chunin exam but is missing someone.

So if we're getting another player she could be introduced alongside the new PC as part of the "protective detail" and then serve as seat filler for the Chunin exam, meaning that Team 3 could enter and then Senko, Medic Nin, and New character enter as a temporary team.

Since she's older, she probably also has skills that could be shared with the team to compensate for the fact that they don't have a proper Jonin sensei. (which honestly makes sense to me. If the sound village doesn't have enough people for proper training, then it makes sense that they'd encourage people to teach what they know to others and to learn what you can from everyone.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

My last PM with Maglanist was two days ago, so lets wait and see before we make plans. they seemed to be okay with all the expectations of the roleplay and our group in particular that I laid out with him though. be mindful that they're probably not going to be as active as us.

But that could work if it ever gets that far.

also I had a thought: would it make sense for a nine tailed jinchuuriki to have signed a summoning contract with their Uzumaki parent so that their parent can summon them back if they ever get lost? it both keeps them safe and makes sure the jinchuuriki isn't lost for the village, and a parent could easily convince a child to sign that contract without lying or intimidation? might throw a bit of a wrench into your plan to kidnap the jinchuuriki, as I can see the Uzumaki being that skilled in such summoning stuff to pull off that security measure. of course it also means that the jinchuuriki could reverse-summon the parent if they know how. what do you think of this?

9. - Top - End - #609

Yeah, that'd be a neat complication.

Especially since "kidnapping" was a joking suggestion and it was more "befriend her and try to smuggle her to the sound village where she'd probably be happier."

Even knowing that she's the Jinchuriki isn't necessary to the storyline... Though it does become inevitable if this happens after the deal with Cloud.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

oh. hi.
    sorry.
    crazy week.
    But normal crazy week, more like 'too exausted to do anything in my free time beside, failing again at winning a cultural victory in Civ 5' more then 'I am to tired to live.'
    so.

About Magalnist, maybe we should open a second crew? and yay!

Well, Rater- you ain't far from the truth.
    How ever, the thing he has might have or might have not been responsible for her mental state.
    For every succesful expriement there are probably at least dozens.

We don't have Orichmaru in this version, but we have their readiness to try anything, and little regrad for their own well being.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

11. - Top - End - #611

By the way, I did some research recently.

Rank when it comes to Jutsu isn't a measure of power. It's a measure of power, utility, and how difficult it is for the average person to learn.

All other things equal, the stronger jutsu with be a higher rank... But we actually have a canon example: Raikiri/Lightning Blade is an S-Rank technique, but Kakazu's Lightning Release False Darkness technique, which is roughly equal in terms of raw power to the Raikiri, is only a B-Rank.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #612

So I've got the medic-nin idea on the brain and decided to flesh it out a little bit. If we end up using her we do, if not she's recorded in case something comes up.

In addition to being a medic, I've also given her a couple of other "utility" powers since she's originally intended as a seat-filler/support character/"we need an extra guy" character.

Ichika
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Ichika.
    Height: 5'6''
    Weight: 120 lbs
    Species: Human
    Station: Medic-Nin, Genin.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Average build. Red Hair kept at ear length and usually covered by a cap that serves as her forehead protector. Green eyes.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ichika is very much a follower, not a leader. It's not that she's bad at making decisions so much as she instinctively evaluates every single possibility and tends to freeze up if there's not enough time to do so. She's happy to leave the critical thinking to more qualified people... Assuming that they are more qualified, that is.

One bad call and it'll take a lot to get her to trust you again.

However, she knows that she will probably never be a chunin and she's okay with that.

Ichika is also much more spiritual than most Ninja... Not so much in that she believes in the Kami so much as that she beleives that there are things about Chakra that can't be fully explained by science just yet. In particular she believes in the Seven Wheels

She has a temperament not unlike a mother or big sister

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing much. Normal childhood. Normal ninja education, graduated, been a ninja ever since. Teammates got promoted up, she studied to be a medic becuase while life or death decisions are hard they are far less possibilities and most of the thinking of common scenarios are already thought of.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing Yet

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chakra levels: more less equivalent to a chunin*(control near perfect)

Ichika knows the basic academic skills as well as tree walking, water walking, and chakra strings, and other similar skills.

Taijutsu: C-Rank. She knows enough taijutsu to avoid attacks. In terms of weapon techniques, she specializes in the use of senbon.

Genjutsu: Ichika can break Genjutsu up to C-Rank but doesn't know or use any herself.

Ninjutsu: A-Rank, but see below.

Ichika is a licensed medical ninja, and thus is qualified to provide a variety of medical treatments including but not limited to physical examinations, diagnosing and treating disease, prescribing certain medications, preforming common surgeries, and the use of medical ninjutsu.

Specifically, she can use the standard Mystical Palm technique which is the foundation of all medical ninjutsu, as well as generate chakra scalpels and participate in the Healing Resuscitation Regeneration Technique is accompanied by multible medics.

Ichika's spiritual beliefs, in the existence of the Seven Wheels, has led her to do a great deal of independent research in the tenketsu and meridians that chakra flows and pools in, and in turn how this can be manipulated, allowing her to supplement her stick medical training with things like acupuncture or massaging an aflicted limb to stimulate and direct the flow of chakra to assist in the healing.

Sensor: Ichika has limited chakra sensing abilities. If she concentrates and does nothing else she can identify individual chakra signatures within a dozen or so metres of her, not really much compared to dedicated sensors but enough to serve as one in a pinch. More generally, by focusing on a specific person she can analyze their chakra and ow it flows through there bodies and use this information to help diagnose problems.

Fuinjutsu:Ichika has learned the basics of formulaic Fuinjutsu, able to use the string light formation technique, make paper tags, and maintain pre-existing techniques.

Meditations: Ichika knows a few dozen meditative stances and excersizes that are supposed to be good for chakra flow, opening and balancing the seven wheels, and in general, bringing peace and health to the mind and body.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    At any time Ichika is equipped with a full set of medical supplies and a stock of senbonas well as some ink for sealing.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-09-11 at 07:00 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #613

Raz, I think we're witing on you?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

I am waiting for Raziere. yep.

I think we should roleplay a second team, though they could be working often with team 3.

fifth genin under Odayama would require creative explanation.

Or we can make a chunin team,anyway, or figuring it out, somehow.

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

I added, additional side scene, to add mystery to the Fukaimi clan.
    if you don't like me, to strech it and use it behind the scenes's thing, I can explain oocly.

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #616

What exactly is that a link to, before I click it?

If that's a link to pictures of acid burns I'd rather not.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

A military communication radio thing.
    Just for visualising.

It's one of the village's strenghes- devolped communication tech.
    I don't imagine cell phones, but even if every squad has one of those, they can be a game changer, in the ways of war.

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #618

...That was hilarious.

So... Is Jirou heading back to the lab or is he going home? Becuase Jirou's presence in the lab will affect what Senko does next.

Edit: In that Senko is less likely to do something horribly reckless when the bossman is around.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-09-15 at 06:57 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Titan in the Playground

it was hillariouse,even if policitly questionable.
    heh.

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

Glad you liked it, I just couldn't resist and if you want to count that as a loss or something for them, that would be fair.

21. - Top - End - #621

Kimiko's Plan seems more like a vague outline.

...Senko and Kimiko need to sit down and have a long conversation at somepoint.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Glad you liked it, I just couldn't resist and if you want to count that as a loss or something for them, that would be fair.
    I don't think things are this cut and dry
    "Bad idea" vs "good idea"-

For example, I am sure it seeded doubts in many of Fukaimi's youth, who already have challenge to ward off, the outside world's ideas
    Or the little girl, who seemed with very high potential. The benefits might be seen only after years-

Maybe the girl will run away and ask to study in the Academy, being the first Fukaimi girl to train as ninja.

But many people there are unhappy, and their followers will frown on the Ishikawa clan for humilating the "holy people" who help and guide them.

Nozojo will be unhappy, because he try to please every faction, beliving the village is very fragile.
    Most ninjas would LOVE Jirou for doing it- nobody from the Shinobis like Fukaimi.
    And beside, Jirou IS young.
    On the long run it's another step into his role as leader-

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Kimiko's Plan seems more like a vague outline.

...Senko and Kimiko need to sit down and have a long conversation at somepoint.
    Okay, just remember any such a conversation will involve checking both of them for odayama's bugs, and preferably speaking somewhere private where no one can hear.

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    I don't think things are this cut and dry
    "Bad idea" vs "good idea"-

For example, I am sure it seeded doubts in many of Fukaimi's youth, who already have challenge to ward off, the outside world's ideas
    Or the little girl, who seemed with very high potential. The benefits might be seen only after years-

Maybe the girl will run away and ask to study in the Academy, being the first Fukaimi girl to train as ninja.

But many people there are unhappy, and their followers will frown on the Ishikawa clan for humilating the "holy people" who help and guide them.

Nozojo will be unhappy, because he try to please every faction, beliving the village is very fragile.
    Most ninjas would LOVE Jirou for doing it- nobody from the Shinobis like Fukaimi.
    And beside, Jirou IS young.
    On the long run it's another step into his role as leader-
    Good. Naruto is about the next generation surpassing the last, and that involves doing things differently than your predecessor. which y'know doesn't always involve things they approve. the Fukaimi youths are the future and thus whats important for a story like this. while sometimes the only way to get less fragile is by getting challenged. If they can't handle a little change, how do they expect to handle Konoha after all?

24. - Top - End - #624

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Okay, just remember any such a conversation will involve checking both of them for odayama's bugs, and preferably speaking somewhere private where no one can hear.
    Obviously. Senko isn't going to confess to something that might get members of the clans to assassinate her if she thinks they could find out about it.

It's just that a lot of what Senko is trying to do seems to be the answers to Kimiko's problems.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #625

While waiting on Igor, an observation:

Senko's primary motivating factor is that she doesn't want to die.

She is planning to end her life in early adulthood if she hasn't made reasonable progress in getting her rages under control but she doesn't want to.

Every other goal and dream--the harem, the becoming a master of all forms of Senjutsu, the becoming one with nature and the Cosmos and developing the freedom to do whatever she wants, the changing things about society becuase she disagrees with them, is all a reflection of her desire to live.

In other words, Senko has the answer to what Kimiko can do if she ever archives her goal of knowing all Jutsu: Everything.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground

Another idea:
    Kimiko very scientifically focused, assuming she doesn't copy the Sage of the six Paths form 1:1, she might end up having atomic number symbolism like Dr. Manhattan. thing is, the sage of the six paths has six truth seeking orbs. guess what elements has an atomic number of six? carbon. which is the one of the most important and relevant elements in all of existence, given its vital role in being apart of life. so imagine six truth seeking orbs arranged like carbon electrons. Fitting, no?

27. - Top - End - #627

Okay, but I'd expect Kimiko to pick up a decent amount of Earth Release techniques for the coal and diamond and stuff since Carbon is also related to minerals.

I'm joking, but do keep in mind things like that when thinking over themes.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #628

Igor... Don't you ever think you're not good enough a writer ever again.

I'm crying man.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you it means a lot.

I'll wait for Raziere, mostly from timeline porpuses.

Sadly, I am not that great at going so deep into the mechanic of stuff- either irl or fiction, but what sold Naruto to me, were such moments.

For me, Naruto is about humans who can kill, and what this ability does to their humanity.
    as I analyze the series the most major storylines are around it-
    Naruto himself who is feared for the beast within.
    Garaa, same but even with darker conclusion.
    Kakashi and his father.
    Zabuza of course
    Sasuke and his obsession with his killing his brother...
    and of course glorifying genocide of a clan..
    Tsunade
    Pain
    and so on and so on.

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #630

Senko's gonna do the stupid.

The question is, just how stupid is it?

Igor? How many bloodlines does Ottomaru have? I don't need to know what each one is exactly, but I need the number of them to know exactly how bad she ****s herself up in the next couple of posts.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks