New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

About the chunin exams-
    during them I'll be more player-ish and less GM-ish, but there are two plot points I want to make-
    Akogi's student with paper abilities in Yakuza/undercover mission, using the exams as an opening to inflirate Konoha.
    Mostly for Kimiko.

Second "more important" that might cause issues is Odayama's connection to Yamanka.

I planned to reveal it at some point, but maybe who ever of you who manage the chunin exams need to know?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: On Boruto latest episodes:
    Show

Isshiki: now you will be my vessel!
    Kawaki: Lol shadow clone.
    Isshiki: oh.....you little empty-
    *crumbles to dust*

I like the twist of this whole arc:
    Kawaki: Yes! I've finally defeated Isshiki! Take that abusive not-dad!
    Momoshiki: hi I'm awake now
    Kawaki: ha! shows you, Isshiki is already dead, you can't make the tree now
    Momoshiki: actually I can. the Karma isn't an all or nothing deal, your like 80% Otsusuki now, so you'll do just fine as a sacrifice. the tree will be smaller and the effects won't be as great, but hey that just means I'll have to be fast about finding another planet to get a better fruit from later.
    Kawaki: wait- what!? you mean all this was pointless!?
    Momoshiki: pretty much, Isshiki was a raging perfectionist. Me? I'm willing to cut my losses. this planet has proven way too troublesome to harvest from already, we need to just get it over and done with and seek more fertile, less well-defended ground. perfection is the enemy of completion after all.

Sasuke: Naruto you need to accept that Kurama is gone!
    Naruto, robotically: Yes, I miss him so much that we're not even having a private funeral for him or having a conversation with the other eight tailed beasts about him.
    Sasuke: Get ahold of yourself! Your acting like you still have him!
    Naruto, robotically: I am so sad. I am grieving so much inside that all my tears are invisible. He was like a brother to me.
    Sasuke: You need to kill your child NOOOOOOOOW!!!!
    Naruto, robotically: I am so sad that I must end my child's life that I don't even argue with Gaara when he suggests that I do it. behold my visible grief. Oh no. What a tragedy.

Considering how much Sumire is blushing and watching Boruto from afar, I think all the worries about the Sarada/Boruto godchild are not going to happen.

Shikamaru: Amado how do you keep pulling out these convenient bits of information you've always known right when we need them!?
    Amado: I have impeccable timing skills.

Why does Naruto have a 2D Mario style game adaptation of his life?

*alternate end to Naruto's promise to his son*
    Naruto: I promise I will save you- even at the cost of my reputation as Hokage or my life!
    Boruto: can I trust you?
    Naruto: Yes, its my Nindo!
    Boruto: Good.....I feel......sleepy....probably because I haven't been getting any....
    *falls asleep in father's embrace*
    *Naruto smiles*
    Momoshiki: GOOD EVENING!
    Naruto: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

*Alternate end to Naruto's promise 2*
    Boruto: Good.....I feel......sleepy....probably because I haven't been getting any....
    *falls asleep in father's embrace*
    *Naruto smiles then begins panting*
    Naruto: I've...never felt this tired....ever.....is this how everyone feels..... after a long day? no wonder Shikamaru is so lazy. Well....
    *takes out kunai*
    Naruto: well I gave him the peace I could, time to kill my child!
    *slits Boruto's throat*
    *Amado is just standing there shocked*
    Naruto:.....uh what you doing here?
    Amado:....I was just about to come and give you medicine for Boruto.....to stop the Otsusukification and thus....make this unnecessary but ummm......
    Naruto: DAMMIT AMADO! WHY DO YOU KEEP WITHHOLDING INFORMATION LIKE THIS!? if you spoke up earlier my child would be alive!
    Amado: my impeccable timing has finally failed me.

Okay, is Akogi's student a Genin? because I'd like a sheet for them please if they are named. (I know a couple online name generators if your having trouble that I can link you to)

manage the Chuunin Exams.....hm......well connections in what sense? an enemy sense? because if they particularly hate each other for some reason that doesn't give him an exception to any rules of such diplomatic events like the Chuunin Exams. the entire point of these things is put aside old vendettas, so the expectation is both for him and the Yamanaka Clan to be on their best behaviors and if either of them don't thats on them. while if its more of secret allies sense.....well that is probably breaking the rules anyways so its a secret thing, so why would anyone managing the Chuunin Exams need to know?

your going to have to be specific with the nature of this "connection" if it doesn't fall into either of those, like the only (named/important) Yamanaka going into the Chuunin Exams is Sakiyama Yamanaka, and she's kind of that popular spoiled girl at school who'd like be like the catty female word-based bully in a high school setting who'd say your dress is so last season or whatever, so unless Odayama has a particular hatred for that brand of bratty teenager, I don't see what the problem is.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Titan in the Playground

Akogi's student is a genin and I am working on a sheet.

----

Spoiler: Odayama's secrets
    Show

Odayama is actually a Yamanka. Sort of.
    His mother were an undercover anbu agent, pretending to be a missing nin.
    Konoha had vague feeling that something is going on at the Land Of Rice,and it was infested with missin nins,refuges and loser ninjas from the World War.
    She married seemingly a managable man- a flower seller called Hanna.
    She didnt trained Odayama very much, because he was raised outside of Konoha and didnt trusted his loyalty.

The Indepdence War bursted, and his mother was a deep.cover spy, who beside relaying intel to Konoha, tried to manipulate the Sound Ninjas with seeimgly rational advices and directions.

At a certain battle, she almost managed to convince a full unit to surrender, including Odayama. But Hanna, a normal human on bicycle has arrived and gave the ninjas.. flowers and hope, and faith,including mail.of citizens who putted trust in the Sound Ninjas.
    The unit not only didnt surrendered, they have even defeated the Leaf ninjas who sarounded them.
    Odayama's mother has killed Hanna and all the sound ninjas there beside Odayama. and decided that the sound ninjas were too irrational to manipulate or even predict and got back to Konoha.

Enraged Odayama willingly put himself through Ameoku's expriement and gain a sloth mode.
    He sneaked into Konoha, and hidden in one spot for a half year, until he found the perfect moment and assinated his mother. This how he became known as the "Sloth Slayer"
    I have vague ideas, that Odayama might have half siblings in Konha,but that isnt essential to his backstory.

------
    My previouse Avater

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Izo, of the Mizu-Yakuza
    Show

'
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Izo nickname:"Zombie-kid"
    Height: average teen
    Weight:
    Species: Human
    Station: Kiri Genin& Yakuza "delivery boy".

Description:

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

An extreme hunter, as he cant feel pain and this.. haunt him. Extremly loyal.
    Have issues with people communication.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Izo was an oprhan. An orphan with anger issues. And hunger issues.
    Akogi as he devolped the Mizuyakuza, gathered a family of choice. Izo was one of them. He was quite the extreme boy;
    Akogi simply ask anyone who wish to join the Mizuyakuza:"Why can you do for me?"

Izo, ripped off his lower part of the face. "I will give anything-blood and soul!"
    Though, the main advantage and disavnatge of Izo, that he is unable to feel pain. It made him reckless and to go to extremes in attempt "to feel human".

Akogi give him something no one in the ninja world would give Izo- a hug. A honest and kind word and of course a family.
    Akogi has encouraged Izo to go to the academy, and consoles him, when he failed the genin exams once,and the chunin exams three times.
    Akogi has taught him the Isihikawa secrets, and Akogi's personal signature technique.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Beside generic Kiri genin training (with leaning toward Taijutsu, because of not feeling pain)
    Akogi train him in paper jutsu and specifaly his own style "Greed Mandate' which focus on using paper money.
    Greed Mandate:
    In the center of Greed Mandate is connecting your chackra to paper money. For some reason,only the specific matter and fabric of real paper money can work with it.
    By staining the money with the user's blood, even a drop. And that "Greed Mandate Number 1"
    "Greed Mandate Number 2" is to basicly paper shuriken, but the user doesn't has to touch the money;in theory he could pay a merchant, and then activate the technique, cutting him from the merchant's pocket.
    The range depend on the amount of chakra the user have.
    Izo can use it from 100 meters range at maximum,Akogi probably can from kilometer away.

"Greed Number 3" is to use one of the senses through the paper money.
    Sight, smell or voice. Izo can only use sight.
    It's range is much longer.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I want him to make Kimiko aware of Akogi. And probably anger her.

also, I seen you didnt linked Akogi's sheet:
    https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...postcount=1109
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2021-10-28 at 06:46 AM.

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Titan in the Playground

okay, got both of those linked, sorry it took so long.

as for this....
    Spoiler: Odayama's secret
    Show

Ah, thats.....pretty sad. a son and a mother choosing their loyalties to their village over their family and killing each other for it.

I honestly don't think it affects anything much? Sure its an unusual situation but the same diplomatic rules apply: don't start anything regardless of who you are. the heritage is an awkward thing if its widely known and I think the story would be held up as "this is why you don't marry outside the nation, too much risk" kind of thing by like probably the elders and some adults and such while they wag their finger if it is, and there are probably some others who are like "this jerk killed his own mother, how dare he." especially if they have a personal connection to her, like he was technically an enemy until 12 years ago so it makes sense they don't have a positive view of him while at the same time seeing the mother as making a major mistake by being so incompetent as to allow such divided loyalties. However they're not allowed to kill Odayama, but they are allowed to say "hey your not officially allowed in our clan house" if they don't want him in there, and Konoha shinobi have a right to arrest him if he sneaks by anyways.

so thats the most problem I'm seeing, so either he is willing to risk that or have this half-sibling able to invite him in. which will be an incredibly awkward and teeth-gritting experience where everyone stares daggers at everyone else but....it technically can happen.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Titan in the Playground

Here are five Sound Ninja, three of which created for mentor reasons: they are there to provide elemental release training for this or that while also providing backstory and people Jirou knows. Kazuo and Naneko I honestly should've finished earlier since they're characters I've had before this roleplay, but they are here now. like if Kimiko wasn't a thing, I'd be playing Naneko.

Yumi Kaguya aka “Thunderbird”
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5ft
    Weight: 140pds
    Station: Sound Hunter Nin

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She wears the Sound Hunter Nin outfit complete with a mask on her face. She has white hair cut short and her eyes are green.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She used to be more competitive and arrogant, but duty, missions and Hunter-Nin training has disciplined and mellowed her out. However she quietly desires to prove that she can reach Jounin rank regardless of all this talk of the Hope generation and face against one of the Three Thunders to prove that the village will be good in hands with her around.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Yumi was once in the same Genin team as Jirou, being the relatively talented one compared to his hard working ethic. She distinguished herself with able to use both lightning release and dead bone pulse, and showed an aptitude for Hunter nin activities. She knows that Jirou made it far in their Chuunin Exams and respects his abilities.

She agreed to be the Hunter-Nin to respond to Code ONI and thus while not having the closest relationship with Senko, respects her mind and her willingness to protect others. When she hears of it being called when she was not in the village, she will apologize for being absent at the time.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: B-Rank
    Ninjutsu: B-Rank
    Genjutsu Defense: B-Rank

Academy three jutsu, wall walking, water walking, body flicker jutsu, silent stepping jutsu

Hunter-Nin Training:
    She is trained in being a hunter-nin, specifically eliminating or capturing chakra-using foes, stealth, assassination, tracking, disposing of the body on site, and such. She is competent enough to be the primary pick for using the kunai solution for Code ONI. As such, she is apart of Sound ANBU.

Lightning Release: Lightning Bolt, B-Rank
    A normal lightning release attack, she forms hand seals that blasts a bolt of lightning from her hand.

Lightning Release Dead Bone Pulse Blend: B-Rank
    Yumi has blended her dead bone pulse with her lightning release to a unusual if not unique style all of her own, deviating from her clans usual ways of using their bloodline. She is incredibly fast, allowing her to outspeed Senko's monstrous senjutsu form.

Dance of the Oak: Electric Exoskeleton, B-Rank
    Forms sleek bone armor all over her body, enhanced and electrified to both be faster and dangerous to touch while designed to be lighter for more speed. Can form lightning claws on her wrists from the armor

Dance of the Pine: Lightning Net Storm, B-Rank
    Throws a bunch of bone spikes like senbon or kunai in a cone at the foe, but lightning arc and connects them so that the lightning electrifies or cuts through whatever is caught between the bone projectiles.

Dance of the Root: Electric Bone Grasp, B-Rank
    She fires a bone hand from her wrist filled with lightning release that grasps the foe when it hits and with a shock stuns them to try and incapacitate them or at least slow them down or render the foe vulnerable.

Dance of the Carver: Lightning Bone Blade, B-Rank
    She forms a bone handle from her body then extends a piercing lightning blade from it to attack.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anything you can't fit to the brackets above, such as equipment or property your character owns.

Tatebaru Nobomi
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5.8 ft
    Weight: 140pds
    Station: Chuunin Commando

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He wears the Otogakure Chuunin uniform, his body is fit, his hard eyes and messy spiky hair are brown and he has facial hair that is either an eternal solid-snake like five o'clock shadow at minimum and at maximum a well-trimmed beard and mustache.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tatebaru is gruff, reserved and often nicknames people around him. He has some bitterness to him but tries not to express it too much. He is a shinobi through and through, having a bit of a paranoid streak to him, as well as feeling some trauma and depression from his time in the war. His loyalty is to Otogakure which is why he doesn't want another war to happen, knowing how it has scarred him.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

During the Third Shinobi War, Tatebaru began as a bright idealistic genin of the rogue forces under Odokuro. But he found out his affinity was for Earth release unlike most Oto Nin, leading to him have a different fighting style. His tactics of moving under the earth to get past defenses and enemies allowed him to survive where others died and thus earned him a field promotion to Chuunin. However as he became more horrified of the deaths of his comrades around him the more he worked to developed his Earth Jutsu to help him survive and prepare for any situation. He became less enthusiastic then critical of the suicide tactics being used to win battles, citing the growing shortage of manpower for many needed tasks. As a result despite his experience and effectiveness his superiors passed him over for any promotions in favor of Chuunin more gung-ho about their resolve and willingness to do anything for Otogakure.

As the war ended and the years went on his experience was only recognized by Nozojo after the fact, he had grown gruff, grizzled and reserved with a hint of bitterness. He led a Genin team consisting of Jirou, Kikenna and Yumi five years ago, with Jirou in particular learning to always be prepared for anything under him. While not Jounin level, he is often considered for many of the more dangerous missions of Otogakure despite having no legend to his name.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Academy three jutsu, water walking, wall-walking

Veteran Chuunin Commando:
    Tatebaru is a trained commando, skilled in guerrilla warfare and a veteran of the Third Shinobi War. He is skilled in stealth, wilderness survival, improvisation, espionage, setting traps, assassination, and more. His skill set is well-rounded, and having experienced the war he less phased by most things, keeping calm and disciplined under fire.

Earth Release: Hiding Like a Mole Technique, C-Rank
    Can hide underground and move through the earth easily, pinpoint where they are by sensing magnetic forces and sense what is happening above. Can also ambush enemy from below.

Earth Release: Earth-Style Wall, C-Rank
    Creates a wall of Earth to block a projectile or control the battlefield.

Earth Release: Crushing Earth Grave, B-Rank
    A jutsu mostly useful underground. Crushes the foe between earth that is all around them, but also be used to crush them between two earth walls.

Earth Release: Hill Binding, B-Rank
    Traps the target in a hill or mountain like prison of dirt and stone springing up from the ground to capture them.

Earth Release: Shattering Rock Bomb, B-rank
    With a few hand seals, forms a spherical rock from the earth infused with chakra. Then he can pick it up and throw it so it shatters into a bunch of stone shrapnel, shredding his foes. The rock bomb lasts a few hours before becoming inert.

Earth Release: Obscuring Dust Cloud, C-Rank
    This jutsu uses chakra to kick up dust and dirt from the ground, creating smokescreen from the earth itself.

Earth Release: Choking Dust Attack, B-Rank
    This jutsu take a cloud of dust and uses it to try and choke someone to death with it by forcing it down their nose and mouth to clog their lungs.

Earth Release: Stone Clone, B-rank
    Tatebaru can create up to one clone to fight for him. The clone unlike most take two hits before dispelling.

Landmine Field Technique:
    Burrows underground and leaves an special explosive tag as a landmine to be activated by someone stepping on it.

Earth Release: Vibration Wave Technique, B-Rank
    Tatebaru stomps or slaps the ground to send a sound shockwave through the ground in a directed cone or a circle to attack people with the vibrations through it, wracking them with pain as their molecules are shaken and sending them off-balance.

Distant Whisper Jutsu, C-Rank
    A Sound village only jutsu useful for when the radio's destroyed or unavailable, Tatebaru uses chakra to transmit the sound waves of his whispers over a long distance to communicate a message to his allies, while hiding it from his enemies. Communication is only one way unless other people know it.

Earth Release: Stone Tool Technique, B-Rank
    Can use precise control of earth to form various handheld utility tools out of stone for any occasion, from lock picks to kunai, to crowbars, to hammers- this jutsu is essentially a swiss army knife for him.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tatebaru's Hand Crossbow:
    A hand crossbow Tatebaru uses for chakraless combat. Has both lethal and tranquilizer bolts to conserve chakra, but also can attach explosive tags to the bolts for

Rahei Emiharu
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5 ft
    Weight: 130 pds
    Station: Chuunin

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She wears the standard otogakure uniform, with a bandana version of the headband over her head, over her medium length black hair.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rahei feels guilt for her role in guiding her comrades into destroying themselves against Konoha, and thus wishes to make up for it by ensuring a better brighter future for Otogakure. She is a caring mentor towards Jirou, friendly towards Nozojo, and looks forward to training Kimiko as she has heard of her genius from Jirou when they speak to each other.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rahei is one of the many Chuunin who fought for the Sound Village during the Third Shinobi War. She served as a scout and communicator over long distances even without their technology, while others around her died in Last Shouts, she was working to direct them where to strike with their final attacks. Despite the effectiveness of such destruction she felt guilty that she led so many of her comrades to her death while she hid away from the front lines and now wishes she found some better way.

She taught Jirou everything he knows about Water Release, teaching him as a genin when he came to her with stoic determination in her eyes. Her dedication to Nozojo's vision of a better world influenced him to have similar ideals. She has done what she could to protect that vision in this era of peace.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Academy three jutsu, wall walking, water walking.

Sonar Sensor:
    Rahei is capable of detecting things through chakra enhanced sonar, sharpened hearing, as well as chakra sensing in general.

Water Release: Water Whip, B-Rank
    Rahei has a rare mastery with jutsu, creating a flexible water whip she can wield that she reshape and control the properties of to be adhesive, cutting through vibration enhancement, to form a blunt mace end, become a piercing spear, become acidic, break off into water projectiles, form a water shield and channel sonic vibrations through it to shatter things.

Water Release: Water Clone
    Rahei can make up to two water clones to fight for her.

A Sound village only jutsu useful for when the radio's destroyed or unavailable, rahei uses chakra to transmit the sound waves of her whispers over a long distance to communicate a message to her allies, while hiding it from her enemies. Communication is only one way unless other people know it.

Shattering Sonic Note: B-Rank
    A sound ninjutsu that fires a sonic beam that shatters what it hits.

Sonic Boom Step: B-Rank
    Rahei can cause a sonic explosion at her feet to propel her forward at great speed and hurt her foes she leaves behind

Hummingbird Summoning:
    Rahei can summon a hummingbird to scout for her or use song-based genjutsu to mess with her enemies.

Yin Release: Camouflage Jutsu
    A ninjutsu that renders the user invisible as if they put on a highly adaptable camouflage over themselves. Genjutsu defense does not work on dispelling it.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anything you can't fit to the brackets above, such as equipment or property your character owns.

Kazuo Tanaka
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 4ft
    Weight: 133 pds
    Station: Cowardly Ge-HERO OF OTOGAKURE!!

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What does your character look, feel, smell and sound like?

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    How does your character think? What drives him and what kind of a fellow is he?

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kazuo Tanaka was born to a family of rice salesman. But his younger self wanted to be a ninja so he was enrolled at the academy. But he quickly found that it was more dangerous than he expected with all its training and such. They were hurling around sharp objects as a start! So he tried to get expelled multiple times but each time they failed and somehow ended up with him saving a cat from a tree or stopping some pickpocket.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: C-Rank
    Ninjutsu: C-Rank
    Genjutsu Defense: C-Rank

Academy three basic jutsu, wall walking, water walking.

Hero of Otogakure Reputation:
    Kazuo has a reputation of doing well in the academy and catching a criminal during the Genin test- but in truth he feels like it was all luck. He sees himself as a coward and thus tends to run away from his opponents and set up traps to wait for them to fall into them so he doesn't have to face them, run away better or can take them out easily. The universe however seems to conspire to keep his heroic reputation alive, making him accidentally get into heroic situations no matter how much he tries to avoid them or downplay his achievements. Thus he feels like an impostor and that feeling will only grow as he continues in his ninja career.

Flight of the Coward:
    Kazuo is so good at running away that he runs faster than most people, allowing him to get away easier, running at one rank higher than his taijutsu.

Trapping Expertise: C-Rank
    Is skilled in setting up traps involving tripwires, pitfalls, explosive tags, spikes, nets, caltrops, ball bearings and other tools to mess with his opponent.

The First Scream: C-Rank
    A jutsu that is ironically made completely by accident and named by his Chuunin captain, Kazuo's screams have chakra imbued into them so that when he screams in fear he unleashes a wave that stuns and disorients his enemies, slowing them down and allowing him to run away faster so he can set up his traps.

Resonating Echo Drill: C-Rank
    His standard attack, he unleashes them by wearing gauntlets similar to Dosu Kinutas and simply punching at his foes. These sound waves can pierce a lot of defenses, damaging people through their vibrations and travel through various surfaces.

A Sound village only jutsu useful for when the radio's destroyed or unavailable, Kazuo uses chakra to transmit the sound waves of his whispers over a long distance to communicate a message to his allies, while hiding it from his enemies. Communication is only one way unless other people know it.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Naneko Masuku
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 4ft
    Weight: 125pds
    Station: Masuku Clan Heiress

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has fair skin, short black hair, blue eyes, wears black clothing of a shinobi, with a utility belt that has her ninjato sheathed. She wears a black mask over the lower half of her face.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Naneko Masuku holds herself to expectations of her clan, but also has no idea what her true identity is. She wonders which side of herself is real, which one is fake in her thoughts but doesn't express it much, trying to maintain a constant shinobi discipline. She believes like the rest of the clan that she is the Silence of the Sound, the darkness that will uphold the light from the shadows.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Naneko was born into Clan Masuku. She was taught to be a shinobi as early as possible on the belief that she will someday be an Anbu that the Clan will uphold the Sound Village from the shadows and do what everyone is else is unwilling to do to ensure this village's survival. She taught to kill her pet rat at Age 6 to teach her what it means to kill and her training has been constant and thorough to be sure she can flexibly do many things in her shinobi career, with some focus on infiltration given the value of information and the ways to attain it.

However one of the traditions is that teaching them how to mask, how to maintain an alternate identity as well as possible until they immerse themselves in it. One of these is to imitate being an ordinary person so that no one suspects their true intentions, practicing on the village around them to make her seem as innocent and no different from any other child.
    But she grew to like the mask and now she wonders if its okay to do so, whether that means if that is her true face or whether its just some delusion over being a shinobi.

She has been assigned Team 2 of Otogakure. She tries to make sure it doesn't matter to her since she knows all genin teams break up anyways as they are just there to get them used to interchangeable squads, but she finds herself caring for them at times and wonders if that is the mask....or her real self.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: C-Rank
    Ninjutsu: C-Rank
    Genjutsu: C-Rank

Academy three basic jutsu, wall walking, water walking, silent movement technique, body flicker technique

What Is My True Face?:
    Naneko Masuku has identity issues that comes from her infiltrator and Anbu-focused training. She isn't sure whether shinobi identity is real one and her human side is just a mask or whether her human side is the real one and the shinobi identity is something she puts on. This only intensifies when she disguises herself as someone else, not sure if she putting on yet another mask or showing a new face.

Weapon Training:
    Wields a ninjato in combat and is competent at using it, but can also wield kusari-gama, windmill shuriken, or longbow.

Hiden, Silence Jutsu: C-Rank
    The jutsu creates a zone of silence where no sound can penetrate from within or without. No one can hear anything within it, and no one outside can hear anything from it. Thus it counters all sound based jutsu and allows the user to sneak attack their opponent

Hiden, Blind Genjutsu:
    This jutsu puts a single target under a genjutsu that simply blinds them, cutting off their sight as long as it lasts. While not very subtle it can be effective when combined with Silence jutsu.

Invisibility Genjutsu: C-Rank
    Naneko can turn herself invisible with a genjutsu.

Chakra Sharpening: C-Rank
    Naneko can sharpen and strengthen her weapon with pure chakra to pierce defenses and withstand greater attacks

Wind Release: Pummeling Gale, C-Rank
    Naneko fires a powerful conical gale from her mouth that tears at and pummels the foe to injure them as if they were being pounded by hammers.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Colossus in the Playground

Bak when Senko was introduced, the dossier on theories regarding the Yuki clan was mailed to her by a Tetsurugi Kaguya.

Was this an early prototype of Yumi, or would they be different characters?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Titan in the Playground

different characters, as they have different names. like Tetsurugi is probably some adult researcher, maybe even her father and probably the one I'd use for plot hooks/opportunities to find people with kekkei genkai since that is what he studies, by default he is probably studying and trying to find Kiri Missing-Nin with such research but he could find others as well. thanks for reminding me, I forgot he existed since I just threw it down as a random name without much idea of who they'd be at the time- in short its a blank space I left unfilled so that if it became important later I can fill it, like right now.

9. - Top - End - #1209

I have the mental image of Senko managing to give herself the Rinnegan and then imbuing each of the SixPaths into someone else—a willing living person—which establishes a connection between them and only then is she able to use powers other than the basic ones.

I think I've mentioned this general idea before, but I have the image of familiar Mebko being given the Animal Path(which she would lord over all of the summons she met afterward) and retainer Tomoe being given Deva Path. I don't know, I see being able to manipulate attraction and repulsion playing well with swordplay.

Not really sure about the other 4.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Titan in the Playground

About Odayama- I figured so. I just wanted to make sure.
    And, I wanted him to be forced to use his clan ability to save the girls,so it will give them this hint, but they were simply too OP to anything they have met.
    ---

Are you ok with how the Greed Mandate work? And in general is Izo's concept ok?

---

Cool characters!
    Maybe I should make a sheet for Scratch.
    --
    I never understood Rinnegan, and maybe that why I didnt liked it.
    But I guess you can pull it off, and it is a big part of Naruto.
    So sure.
    What is the Deva path?

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Titan in the Playground

Reading Greed Mandate:
    .....okay so....Greed Mandate 1 is establishing a connection with blood. 2 is.....remote activation so that you tear through the person you paid to return the money to you? and 3 is just sensing through the money.

I understand 1 and 3, but I don't think I understand 2? like I'm pretty sure its fine, I just think your uh.....not so great grasp of the language isn't helping you explain it? might have to try explain Mandate 2 again if I'm wrong.

as for Rinnegan:
    its basically an eye that is themed around reincarnation stuff. Deva Path is just the one that does the attraction/repulsion stuff like making an expanding sphere to destroy Konoha or making rocks attract together to form spherical prisons around stuff. basically its gravity and anti-gravity.

Kimiko would probably just keep all the paths to herself like Obito or Madara.
    (she wouldn't do the Eye of Moon plan even without knowing the full details though, mostly because her own logic would stop it before it she could use Infinite Tsukuyomi:
    "Wait, I'd put people into infinite illusions of bliss? But then they'd all be asleep and die in like two days or something, what'd be the point? I wouldn't be able to show off my true brilliance to them, the species would die, I'd be alone, I wouldn't get any lesbians to sleep with, how could I possibly continue my experiments if no one was around to appreciate my scientific genius? This plan sucks. I'm not doing it."- Kimiko unknowingly saving the world from being turned into zetsus through narcissism.)

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Titan in the Playground

Eh. It was just an example.
    The thing is, what it add to the normal paper abilities is range.

And the user can manipulate the money from distance.

ah. that why I didnt liked the Rinnegan. I remember.

Mm. I dont have THAT epic plans for Usagi.

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Eh. It was just an example.
    The thing is, what it add to the normal paper abilities is range.

And the user can manipulate the money from distance.

Mm. I dont have THAT epic plans for Usagi.
    1. cool, seems fine

2. eh that wasn't really a plan for Kimiko, just a hypothetical.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Titan in the Playground

I think we also can close this scene.

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Titan in the Playground

Does Odayama get info about the mission?

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Titan in the Playground

Does Odayama get info about the mission?
    Yes, we already got the information, we can skip explaining it twice.

17. - Top - End - #1217

...Raz? You haven't left the village yet.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    ...Raz? You haven't left the village yet.
    oh. sorry. edited.

Edit: also I've decided to change around Murashika, the Ame Chuunin a bit because he didn't feel right and now he feels better. its not much of a change but he is more a character now. I keep coming back to Okita but I think clarifying her motivation did the trick for me.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-11-04 at 04:09 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1219

So I totally forgot that the land of Hot Water and the Land of Frost were in between the land of Rice and the Land of Lightning.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Titan in the Playground

Thats fine. we just got to modify it a bit to make it more accurate and it can continue as functional.

just like....have Shimpi's report be "Caught five people in lightning style clothes crossing the border of Sound, and one of them is a Kumo ninja" and something about how interesting that a Kumo ninja pursue these four people them across two countries judging from their fashions.

Edit: also I have watched the OG Naruto episodes to confirm something: foreign ninja start showing up in Konoha a week before the Chuunin Exams start, so I was right about there being time before the first exam- more time than I thought there'd be. so there is probably going to be a week before the Chuunin exams actually begin where you just in Konoha and able to do this or that.

also according to Kabuto the Chuunin Exams is for diplomacy and checking the balance of power between nations first and genin advancement second, so if we're to trust known secret agent for Orochimaru on that...

Edit: also the final round is considered something akin to a festival. interesting.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-11-09 at 12:17 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1221

Since Hiruzin also says that the Exams are a substitute for war, I'm inclined to take Kabuto at his word.

Especially since everything else he said in that scene was true and since, despite being on different sides, he seems to consider Naruto a friend, or at least a kindred spirit.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe the chunin exams are like the olympics in our world.
    It could also let us have fun with few subplots.

Also, how many Genins would the sound village send? only team 3?

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Titan in the Playground

@ Igor: short answer: I'm just assuming Team 3 is all thats being sent, now I've heard ideas being thrown around by Rater to maybe include a second but he hasn't said anything about it making it concrete to my memory. now its possible that more than one sound team is sent, probably more logical that there is in some sense, but unless they're named there is no point to include them because they are just going to be cut in the early rounds anyways.

Long answer:
    the idea IS to have subplots in it. indeed, a lot of what I found interesting about the OG Chuunin exams is not the Exams themselves but the situations it put people in and the stories surrounding it. Sasuke getting ambushed and curse-marked, Naruto swearing to defeat Neji, Rock Lee having this entire thing about proving he is a great ninja with only taijutsu even against gaara and getting wrecked for it, Dosu Kinuta realizing he is a pawn in Orochimaru's scheme and trying to derail it on his own, Naruto finding a mentor getting actual training because he has to prepare for Neji, Gaara killing two Grass nin right before his match because some noble wanted them to win a bet, these are related things to the Chuunin Exams that serve to make them great because it shows all stuff that can happen in Chuunin Exam other than the Exam itself because of people bringing outside factors into it.

while funny you should ask....3 is the assumption, the numbers I currently have of all the Genin that will participate in this exam:

Important Ones: (42 characters Total)
    Konohagakure: 15
    Kumogakure: 3
    Sunagakure: 3
    Iwagakure: 3
    Kirigakure: 3
    Amegakure: 3
    Tanigakure: 3
    Yugakure: 3
    Kusagakure: 3
    Otogakure: 3

Total: 163 characters
    Konohagakure: 63 (21 teams)
    Kumogakure: 27 (9 teams)
    Iwagakure: 24 (8 teams)
    Sunagakure: 18 (6 teams)
    Kirigakure: 12 (4 teams)
    Amegakure: 6 (2 teams)
    Tanigakure: 3 (1 team)
    Yugakure: 3 (1 team)
    Kusagakure: 3 (1 team)
    Otogakure: 3 (1 Team)

the idea being that a lot of these generic nameless Genin are just going to get cut in the first and second exams. like the genin team that Team 7 beats in the Forest of Death is just this generic team from Ame who all look the same, but all the foes from then on are named and equally dangerous as them. so its pretty much assumed anyone who gets to the third exam or their elimination round is important enough to have a name, narratively speaking (but not always necessarily important enough to last beyond that. as the canon sound team and those two guys Kabuto came in with show)

so my philosophy is if they are named, they are important. HOW important depends on certain factors like whether they are a jinchuuriki, what you want to face, which characters you care about more, which ones I care about, which one will fight which (because its pretty much inevitable that a character might lose a fight but they interesting enough to show up later in a different context or a mission) things like that. so for the purposes of this, I'm just assuming Team 3 is all thats being sent, now I've heard ideas being thrown around by Rater to maybe include a second but he hasn't said anything about it making it concrete to my memory. now its possible that more than one sound team is sent, probably more logical that there is in some sense, but unless they're named there is no point to include them because they are just going to be cut in the early rounds anyways. like all these extra 121 nameless genin are just there to be in line with how its canonically depicted as this thing where a lot of Genin try but only like, top 9 get to the Third Exam.

also from watching OG exam is gave me a good idea for what happens after a Chuunin Exam:
    Spoiler: Chuunin Exams continued
    Show

Mentors:
    Another thing that the Chuunin Exams is used for is to show potential Genin for older shinobi to train. In some cases, this may seem strange if the Jounin or whatever is teaching someone from a different village than their own and you ask why would someone like that be willing to share their secrets with someone outside of their usual pool? Well there is a few reasons:
    -one its possible they simply don't care all that much, and care more about the potential of the genin they see and wanting to cultivate it
    -another reason is that they do this to give the genin a favorable impression of their village. A child is easier to convince of something than adult after all and a training favor early in life may be paid back later down the line
    -they are in competition with another nation who might want to snatch them up and thus do it first to keep them from making allies of them
    -they are mercenary nin/missing nin or rogue shinobi who want to pass on their skills or leave some kind of legacy behind in some manner
    -they might be doing it on behalf of their daimyo or other lord impressed with their performance during the exams who is also currying favor.
    -as Orochimaru proves, there may be more sinister motives involved. You'll still get good training out of it though.
    -they might be a scientist interested in their particular bloodline
    -some shinobi are just plain eccentric or have their own reasons for training someone.

If a Chuunin Exams is particularly promising, with a lot of good candidates it might result in a period of “Apprentice Hunt” after it ends where various mentors unofficially compete to grab a promising young genin or Chuunin to offer them training and education opportunities their village or clan can't provide. This competition can range from the lighthearted and merely talking it out with words to more rare and extreme cases where the student is outright fought over. Though ultimately its up to the prospective apprentices choice, and if the potential mentor really values the student they will step aside for whatever they decide- a forced student is no student at all. Though there are cases where multiple mentors work out a deal of who is going to train a single apprentice in what, for how long, at what times and so on, perhaps curious about what will result from mixing their teachings or to learn more about their competitor and their secrets for some other purpose. This arrangement can work but it has its risks for everyone involved.

like just make the Chuunin Exams something like that tournament from MHA where it shows off various young heroes to get offers from agencies to intern there but the shinobi version of that being more of a long term Jiraiya/Orochimaru deal where they want to cultivate your individual abilities, so expect potential shinobi mentors hanging around observing the exams as well, though your free to make your own mentors for your characters, just know the sound village can only teach so much due its limited resources and knowledge-you'll hit a ceiling otherwise. (unless your plan is to train with one of the Thunders, who are limited in their own ways: you can't teach what you don't know.)

24. - Top - End - #1224

I had some ideas for how Senko could go to the Exam without Yuyuyu having to sit out, but in practice, I don't think they'd work out it's best to forget it.

Senko will be going to the exam under the impression that nobody not from the Leaf will get promoted and that Team 3's priority is to make it to the third round and make a memorable impression for anyone watching, with a secondary priority being to make good impression of kids from other villages in the hope that they'll go back and say good things about Sound.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Titan in the Playground

I mean technically speaking, another village doesn't even have the power to promote you at all.

they can however assess you and your performance, write a report to the village your from recommending whether you become a Chuunin or not. and a glowing performance report from a big village like Konoha whose standards are probably higher and more detailed than Otogakure's would carry weight. assuming of course that Jirou himself isn't attending in some manner- the Grass nin that Gaara kills proves that ninja from minor villages show up to at least guard their daimyo to these events even though there is no Grass genin competing- so I don't see why Jirou or some other sound ninja couldn't come to help assess their performance if politics is the concern. really to me the whole promotion to Chuunin thing is more of a plot thing than anything else, because a whole lot of things happen without people like Sasuke or Naruto ever getting promoted even though they are like gods at the end of the series, Boruto has gone 120 episodes without him being promoted....like technically politically speaking, Jirou could come to the Third round Chuunin Exams, see your performances and if suitably impressed and if the proctors are for some insane reason not diplomatically chosen to be as unbiased and cool-headed as possible and decide to be hateful about assessing the three sound ninja, just disregard the proctors assessment entirely and promote you anyways. what are they gonna do? cry about it?

while Yuyuyu.....eh....she kind of doesn't have the combat strength for Chuunin Exams in my mind at this point. like she has a weaponized umbrella and a bunch of like genjutsu for infiltration, and thats it. She'd need some training up in ninjutsu, better combat genjutsu, at least to be considered. she'd probably be like Tenten, Choji, Sakura or Ino: get to the elimination round then get defeated by one of the many people stronger than her. its better she just train herself up back in Oto under Kikenna which I was planning on anyways.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Titan in the Playground

I was mostly thinking of Mayowu and Yoroi.

But maybe we can have that settled in the pre chunin exams.

---

Sound very cool.
    I plan on Akogi's student, maybe some Yamanka drama.

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Titan in the Playground

what Tomoe's status within the village?
    How Odayama shouls treat her?

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #1228

what Tomoe's status within the village?
    How Odayama shouls treat her?
    She's part of Jirou's "faction" and is Sworn to Serve Senko, but is not formally part of the Ninja Program.

Think of her like a mercenary that he doesn't have to pay for.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Titan in the Playground

But does he has authority over her?
    Or
    "Senko, tell Tomoe to do that'

and if he think tactical wise to split the unit, Tomoe is always with Senko?

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #1230

I think you're overthinking it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks