A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

We talked about having Baku be part of Futility-san's forces, his throwing his lot in to satisfy his personal habit of murdering child prodigies.

If it would be simpler we can remove him from the equation and I can have him show up later.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

Well, for now it's mostly introductions- it can be long or short as we wish.
    Interactions between Genins, or their Captains, and OFC, big players like the Damiyo, Ottokage, Jirou and co.

I also have some technical questions- mostly how would the Despair Squad cut the adults from being able to protect the Genins.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

1. when in doubt for these high-end social situations, assume politeness, no matter their goals. its all performance and carefully manicured social stuff for politics so no one HAS to be genuine for any of this, including introductions, because they're all trying to make nice to achieve their goal as best they can, whatever that goal is (the treasurer may want to move money this way and the samurai general may want to move money another way, but its in both of their best interests to have this discussion as politely as possible no matter how much they disagree so as to not offend the Daimyo who can fire them both if they start something.)

2. while for cutting the adults and genin off from one another.....

hm....well I can think of a way: simply have there be an event or game where all the genin are in one place and all the adults are going elsewhere to discuss important politics stuff. Despair Squad can then simply do some big barrier jutsu (like the one that cages Orochimaru and Sarutobi in for their fight) that puts one or the other group inside of it, cutting off both. HOW that barrier is made is something to be figured out by the protagonists and deactivated or destroyed so they can get to the others, with probably some planning around how that barrier is made and placed in the mansion ahead of time without anyone knowing.

there could be an Earth jutsu that simply creates a big stone wall between the two groups, simpler and more prone to just being destroyed but Jirobo demonstrated that such an earth barrier can be designed to actually drain chakra from people and regenerate, though he had to constantly concentrate to maintain the technique himself and that was a dome, so this earth wall might work slightly differently to compensate. again how they achieve the wall being that is something for the protagonists to figure out and disable or destroy when it is there as an obstacle. it might just be a really big dome anyways, caging in one group or another like the barrier jutsu but slowly draining chakra from those within- a very fitting technique of despair squad.

thats two ways already. a third less reliable way would be to somehow make sure there are two different objectives to accomplish and they have split up, but this unreliable because the adults would be smart enough to split them and the genin in a way that they can work together rather than being separated. wouldn't recommend, physical barriers are better probably.

nothing lightning, wind or fire would work unless Ottomaru wants to watch the palace and possibly the city burn. burning stuff would make the firefighter ninja show up to put it out though, which is reinforcements he probably wouldn't want that.

genjutsu ...might work? if the genjutsu focuses on messing with sense of direction and where they are so the genin end up elsewhere and the despair squad make a big enough distraction for the adults to be preoccupied, supplemented with a genjutsu to make the adults not immediately realize the genin are missing, the genin might just find themselves in some other location than they were expecting and have to fight whatever then get out. still leaves both parties mobile though which Ottomaru probably doesn't want since that less control over the situation.

if you want him to go hyper smart and hard about this, probably combine genjutsu for separating them and putting up a barrier or earth dome on both the genin and adults in separate areas. how he gets the chakra for both of these, well who knows yet but again thats a protagonist concern to figure out. maybe he did something horrible get all the chakra for those, maybe he has ninjas that just have enough chakra to make such big barrier/earth domes.

whether you go with earth dome or barrier might come down to Ottomaru's preference between clearly seeing the genin die to screw with people psychologically by witness through the clear barrier and being able to do nothing about it vs. a dome where he preys upon the uncertainty and thus can make the adults think the genin are already dead preying upon their lack of knowledge of whats going on inside, whichever he thinks is more painful.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

Well.
    I think Ottomaru doesnt want to kill ALL the Genins.
    Just enough to break them.

Sort of like the Joker in the killing Joke, if you know this storyline.

Well... they have diverse abilities, the Nightmare Hag could make a big genjutsu thing if she is given the chance.
    Though she mostly get her kick from traumarizing female ninjas.

The Despair Squad should be semi smart about it-
    (I dont think they are in mental state to be darn geniouses.. but practical enough)
    Beside Ottomaru I think all of them would the very least struggle with Chunins... so it's about creating a beneifical situation.

Anyway, the general structure I have imagined-
    introductions and fun interactions.
    then the pre chunin exams/party
    then at some point things get crazy.
    more or less.

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

sounds like a plan to me, anything else specific you need advice/suggestions/feedback on? do you want to continue GMing now that there is a mechanism to help iron these issues you can't decide upon yourself out? because if it was just a case of indecision, just remember we can always help with that.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

Would you like Testumi's nemesis to be connected to the Despair Squad?

I really enjoyed your last post, BTW.

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks, I really like it as well from Jirou pretending to be a cheating fiancee to get info, to Kazuo low key revealing that he can be a true hero who fights for his friends when things get tough, to Kimiko responding to this sasuke-esque speech with a polite nadeshiko comment that I had to figure out hard to come up with because without Senko's influence earlier the comment would've been something like "Ow the edge" or whatever, like basically what the fandom's negative reaction to Sasuke was and how that wouldn't be okay say in front of an actual person with that kind of problem, but I still managed to get across some level of Kimiko not getting it, because these are two kids who are bad at social stuff interacting with each other.

I was just leaving the nemesis open in case I came up with it later, but go ahead if you want, I had no particular plans at this time and there is nothing says that Tetsumi's story should always be revenge or whatever, so if you have an idea, sure do it.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Titan in the Playground

I see.
    Sort of fun fact- Kinsaiku is short for Kin saikutsu-sha which at least according to google translate means gold digger.

I see.
    I actually this Tetsumi moment to be intrestkng for Raizo and Usagi. I enjoy the scene ao far, and I hope to reply consistently

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #1449

This is probably just me being weird, but I can't help but think of the latest Rick and Morty.

Morty is back on his original Earth, which he and Rick abandoned back in the first season after an incident with a love potion, the seasonal flu, and a failed attempt to cure the above turned everyone who wasn't genetically related to Morty into a horrifically mutated monstrosity.

Since the last time he was on this world, his mother and sister had died and his father had, having run out of excuses, finally done the work to improve himself.

When "Hermit Jerry" encounters Morty again, he's pissed off that Morty abandoned his family, came back just to use them as exhibits for his "new" sister, and then abandoned them again.

Morty: I deserve that but it- it improved you.
    Hermit Jerry: Oh, am I cool enough for you now? (scoffs) That was easy, it only cost me ****ing everything.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-09-11 at 07:02 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

I can imagine it as Naurto daramatic scene with less sci fi dimensions and all that.

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

By the way, if you feel Mayuwu is too much tell me.
    The concept of Mayuwu and his clan, is to be a constant challenge of tolerance, for both sides in a way.
    He supposed to be unlikable,but if I cross some limit, tell me

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #1452

Apparently if someone is implanted with a Kama and is then mortally wouded, the Kama can sav them by copying their DNA and then using t as a guideline to rebuild their body.

However, this involves overwriting some of the Otsusuuki DNA encoded on the Kama, meaning that the Otsusuki can't be revived from that Kama but can still possess the host if the Otsusuki is not currently alive.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

.....That is a heck of a downside for a resurrection-nanomachine supercomputer to have. that means its only built to memorize one kind of genetic structure. but I imagine the Otsutsuki wouldn't find this state of affairs acceptable right? because if they built that feature in, one assumes it would be to continue living even at a cost, but the ultimate goal is to resurrect fully so....they must have some method of restoring the full DNA sequence of themselves in a delayed manner or at a later date, because I can see an Otsutsuki designing in "this host needs to live even if I give up resurrecting in them, now I need to figure out some other host to resurrect with." but not "this host needs to live, now I can't resurrect ever anymore. darnit." so they'd probably work to implant someone with a new kama for the actual resurrection then when they are alive, then kill the person with the now useless kama, is probably what they'd do. or at least some manner of having a backup of their true DNA somewhere. we know from the Edo Tensei that its possible to summon souls back from the dead using DNA in recreated bodies, so the Kama is probably a more advanced version of that technique perfected. if they were smart they'd just have some Otsutsuki DNA archive somewhere where even if the kama is destroyed you can still bring them back back at whatever base or civilization they have.

but then again that is a very collective human idea and the Otsutsuki seem to be a very competitive and parasitic. they might not trust each other with such an archive. hm.

14. - Top - End - #1454

I'm thinking it over...

If we decide to give Senko the Kaguya Kama, whether it's black or white, I kind of want to wait until relatively later in the story.

I kind of like the idea of Senko almost becoming an Otsutsuki via her own efforts in genetic enhancement and training to refine her chakra(and possibly absorbing chakra) but past a certain point needing something of the real, undiluted thing to get over an otherwise impassable hurdle in her evolution.

Edit: And as for the Kama thing... Apparently, Momoshiki did it on purpose when Bortuo was fatally injured.

"Either way I'm never gonna be able to resurrect myself but this way I get to watch you suffer longer."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-09-21 at 04:02 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Titan in the Playground

At the rate we're going Rater? that might be a long, long time. Honestly I just want to get to Chuunin Exams.

16. - Top - End - #1456

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    At the rate we're going Rater? that might be a long, long time. Honestly I just want to get to Chuunin Exams.
    Fair enough.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry.
    Recovery wasnt as easy.
    I planning on replying today, unless you want to skip it all.
    Or we can fast paced it.

I will work on it in the evening, if you preffer I can try to wrap it all up in one post if you are tired of it.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2022-09-21 at 07:44 AM.

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

Igor, I'm stating what I honestly want.

when I normally like just go along with everyone else. to keep myself from making people feel bad. cause I don't want that to happen anymore.

Just do what you can. don't feel bad on my account. I'm trying to strike a balance between being too assertive and just being reactive.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

Well I want people to have fun,if you are bored
    I can-
    skip all and give a general conclusion
    - skip to act 3 to the battle against Despairys.
    skip to act 2 for the games.
    -Keep on, but with less "small talks"
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2022-09-21 at 07:47 AM.

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Titan in the Playground

Well now your putting me in a bind, because I'm caught between what I want, and knowing you want to enjoy this because its the arc you want to do. I can't just say something like that knowing it might ruin the fun you want to have, so how can I possibly ask that of you?

especially since I know you will fold too easily if I pick any of those options. if you feel the need, just keep on with less small talks because too much small talk can ruin the flow of a roleplay by bogging it down in discussion over action and progression- a similar thing happens when DnD players start overplanning and overthinking during a dungeon crawl without actually going ahead with anything. not to say that discussion shouldn't happen, but don't get bogged down in it, just focus on whats important and resolving it with something that sounds good enough.

21. - Top - End - #1461

My suggestion would be to finish the current scenes and then skip to the games.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, exactly, what rater said, you don't want us to get on a tangent of criticizing the Fukaimi guy for who knows how long because our characters will probably just keep doing that the longer you linger on that and we'll get nowhere.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-09-21 at 07:59 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

It's not about folding down.
    I dont want this to be my fanfiction where you are hostages to read it.
    In essence, there are few points I want to happen and would change the status quo, and we can get there as fast or chill as we want.
    Ok. I'll work on taking us to the games.

The Mayuwi scene was mostly to set their rivalary in action and make their "dual" more impactful.

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #1464

Yeah, I might have inadvertantly caused a derail by having Senko react to it.

...I am kind of curious as to how the other genin reacted to her latest outburst, though.

BTW, I as listening to Toccata and Fuge in D Minor earliar in he day when I wote it... A large sample of which is prominently used in Orochimaru's theme in the anime.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

I hope this update works.

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

Small detailz Raizo also plays.

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #1467

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I'm thinking it over...

If we decide to give Senko the Kaguya Kama, whether it's black or white, I kind of want to wait until relatively later in the story.

I kind of like the idea of Senko almost becoming an Otsutsuki via her own efforts in genetic enhancement and training to refine her chakra(and possibly absorbing chakra) but past a certain point needing something of the real, undiluted thing to get over an otherwise impassable hurdle in her evolution.
    Senko is low ki a cultivator.

Her power development is based around refining and gaining better control of her energy, taking in energy from outside herself, and using artificial means(cell grafting and drugs, eventually the Kama) to brute force her past her natural limitations and open new avenues of doing the above.

It also involves meditation and confronting her own issues.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Small detailz Raizo also plays.
    edited.

I like how the first action is to vote out Kimiko, because thats accurate to the mafia games I've seen: the one perceived as the smartest player often gets voted out first to keep them from figuring out everyone else. being too smart makes you a target in mafia games.

29. - Top - End - #1469

Raz? Igor's post listed Kimiko as a civilian.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Raz? Igor's post listed Kimiko as a civilian.
    Yeah, ashigaru are civilians, but edited anyways to avoid confusion
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-09-22 at 11:22 PM.