New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

Did... Did I jump the gun posting that introduction?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

I thought I'd wait for Igor to post their night stuff at least before continuing on, thats all. give him a chance to respond. sorry if that is saying you jumped the gun. like, igor has this weird perfectionist attitude towards their IC posts in this roleplay as if he feels the need to impress me and I don't know what to do about it.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-04-22 at 02:41 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #273

Okay then.

While I wait: Orochimaru-Style Body-Replacement, the technique where he throws up a new him to avoid fatal damage, creates a new set of clothes.

Do you think that could be exploited to reproduce high-quality outfits?

Jugo's Kekkei Genkai apparently includes being able to drain chakra, though not fast enough to be lethal: In the Boruto Anime, while berserk he drains Konohamaru but not enough to stop Konahamaru from creating a Rasengan big enough to send him flying.

Senko can't do that yet. Her chakra control is too bad for it, she can only absorb Chakra using Cellular Regeneration Absorption which is a bigger commitment

Since I want the White Snake Power to manifest in Senko as a tail... I'm considering the value of her using her tail instead of her had for her Cellular Regeneration techniques as a joke.

Do we have plans for Takigakure? Becuase I've got a mental image that in this universe, instead of running off and becoming a rogue bounty hunter, Kakazu responded to his betrayal by the village elders after his failure to assassinate Hashirama by usurping control of the village and over the next few decades converting it into Ninja Vegas to support his money fetish and I don't recall anything mentioned of them so far. (Under his command, Waterfall Ninja acts like organized criminals.)

Senko's bloodline grafting will probably be qualified as a Kinjutsu, even if it isn't technically a Jutsu, on the grounds that it's highly dangerous to attempt for most an could be argued to be unnatural. It should probably be illegal for her to teach others how to do it or use it on others without authorization for the foreseeable future(Unless it's like, a life and death thing.)

The abilities listed in Senko's profile aren't the only transformations she has, but they're the ones she's most comfortable using and which come most naturally to her and the only ones that have a specific effect beyond being generic weapons.

Senko's taijutsu style, being that it's mean more for meditative purposes than combat, has a bit more emphasis on kicking than is normally practical. She may advance to a full-fledged Kick Chick at somepoint.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry.
    As usual,I have set myself expecations to make a reply of quality I couldn't make.
    About Orichamaru's ability...
    I guess?
    But I don't think ninjas at this level will waste energy and time ti become kne man factory.

Kakuzu as kage... sound cool.

----
    Heh. Tail... sort of like the dragon maid?

By the way, random idea for a forbidden technique for the rock village.
    Basicly to let an Oni to posses your body, at risk of crushing your body and soul.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Takigakure Vegas sounds cool. only question is what happens to the Seven Tails, but I guess we can burn that bridge when we get to it.

....as for clothes well....yeah, what ninja becomes a tailor? Naruto seems to be an industrial society anyways so, high quality outfits are more about finding a store you can steal/buy/fake buy from than making it yourself. I guess you can if you want something more substantial for disguises than basic disguise jutsu, but other than that....

I mean I guess there could be a ninja version of Best Jeanist from MHA who goes around with some weird jutsu or kekkei genkai, strangling people with their own clothes, but thats not producing clothes per se.

6. - Top - End - #276

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yeah, Takigakure Vegas sounds cool. only question is what happens to the Seven Tails, but I guess we can burn that bridge when we get to it.
    Assuming that the Waterfall Village's many talented Jonin still stole them from whatever village Hashirama gave it to in the first place(the explanation given for why they have it) my gut-feeling is that Chomei's current Jinchurki is being used a bludgeon to stop whatever minor villages that the Waterfall Mafia is tampering with from making too big a fuss.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #277

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    ----
    Heh. Tail... sort of like the dragon maid?
    Actually, since the purpose of Snake Sage Mode is to ascend beyond being a mere snake to become a Dragon and Kabuto supposedly did this by combining Snake Sage Mode with Jugo's Kekkei Genkai... kinda? What I was thinking was white scales down the spine from the shoulders down to the small of the back, then the spine branching off into a tail that resembled the body of a snake.

That can't possibly be weirder than the belly-snake Kabuto got.

Anyway, he's an expansion on a character that I proposed earlier.

Baku(漠)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Baku
    Sex: Male
    Height: 6'2''
    weight: 222 lbs of solid muscle
    Station: Missing Nin(Officially Genin)

Baku, with his tanned skin and shaved head, seems like he'd be perfect as an inhabitant of a desert. Especially with his Scorch Release Kekkei Genkai, which gives him control over deadly dry heat, and his no-nonsense professional attitude.

So you'd think.

Despite being an adult by any metric and being on par with most Jonin when it comes to skill if not power, Baku kept failing the Chunin exams. Sometimes because of one of his teammates' mistakes, but most often because of some technicality that prevented him from advancing or a biased judge or proctor. In the last exam he participated in, he was denied a promotion becuase he was too fast! The judges of the tournament portion didn't get a good look at his skills. What did they expect, sending a grown man to fight children?

He stopped participating after that and started simply requesting that he be field promoted in recognition of his skills, but every time he submitted a request, often after completing a mission that a normal genin couldn't possibly have completed to the level he did, he'd be denied.

The last straw was when he was, yet again, assigned to be a seat filer for a team of recent academy graduates, once more being treated s the equal of a bunch of brats who'd never been outside of the village... Only this time, he was assigned to be working under a child. He was expected to call a 12-year-old Girl, the niece of girl he'd gone to the Academy with, a girl who he'd literally been a ninja for longer than she'd been alive Sensei.

Baku snapped, murdered his assigned commander(proving she wasn't fit to be a ninja, let alone a Jonin, in his mind) and new teammates, and fled the Sand village. Now he alternates between doing muscle work or various criminals and underworld types to support himself(they respect him) and murdering so-called "child prodigies."

Irony: He doesn't even have a bounty as his initial crimes werren't traced to him. It was assumed that he was kidnapped by foreign infiltrators for his bloodline and the others were slain to remove witnesses. In the sand village, he's listed as missing, presumed dead. Even as a murderous criminal, he doesn't get the recognition he craved from his peers.

Ninjutsu, B Rank: Baku knows several Ninjutsu that function at short or melee range.

Genjutsu, C Rank: Baku doesn't use Genjutsu but is capable of dispelling them and using them to a moderate degree.

Taijutsu, A-Rank: Baku's specialty, he is an indisputable master of Martial arts. He favors a style that focuses on overpowering the enemy with brute force but has also studied a handful of other styles to complement his primary style.
    Kenjutsu, A-Rank: Baku carries a short, wide, heavy sword, what could accurately be described as a foot-long equilateral triangle of a heavy, dark chakra conductive alloy attached to a ring of the same in which there's a proper handle. Hee's incorporated the sword into his fighting style and keeps it in a storage seal he's had stood to his wrist.

Nature Manipulate: Baku can do wind and fire release Ninjutsu with only a handful of signs and perform Scorch Release Ninjutsu without any hand signs at all and possesses great efficiency at using his affinity elements. He can channel wind release into his swords to vastly increase it's cutting power.

Wind Release: Personal Gale: Baku creates a small but powerful whirlwind about himself to deflect ranged attacks and force back the few people that he can't handle in melee.

Wind Release: Great Breakthrough: The user exhales a short-to-mid-range gust of wind. In the case of Baku, his breath is strong enough to knock back human-sized opponents or trigger a sand or dust storm.

Fire Release: Desert Fireball: An independent recreation of the Great Fireball Technique. Nearly identical in every way, though uses slightly different hand signs when done in full.

"Scorch Release:" Great Desert Fireball: Baku uses Great Breakthrough and Desert Fireball Simultaneously, using the powerful winds of Great Breakthrough to spread out and feed Desert Fireball to increase the intensity and area of effect.

Scorch Release: Armor of Dry Heat: The user enshrouds themself with an aura of red and orange chakra that is almost purely Fire and Wind Natured. Unprotected substances that come into contact with the user begin to rapidly dry out while cooking, melting, or igniting, providing the user with both great offense and defense in physical combat. Brief activation of the technique will, incidentally, kill most bacteria on the user's skin and cook-off grime.

The idea is that Baku is a very skilled ninja whose narcissistic personality couldn't;t handle being overlooked. his skill is rather advanced but his raw power is only comparable to a Chunin.

I imagine that he'd be an unexpected complication on a C-Rank mission and probably die as a result of his trying to mix business(whatever he's been hired to do) and pleasure(murdering kids-Kimiko and Senko are both prodigies of some form, he'd be pissed off that a kid with no legs like Usagi was seriously considered for being a Ninja, let alone allowed on C-Rank missions, and if Yuyuyu didn't do something to set him off he'd label her guilty by association.)

Edit:

More deliberation, since White Snake Power is the result of a deliberate infusion, I'm thinking it should count as a mod after all.

So...

White Snake Power
    Dead Bone Pulse
    Probably Ice Release from Fuyuki-san
    Probably Scorch Release since Baku isn't meant to survive past the mission we fight him in.
    And I guess whatever she manages to steal during the Chunin Exams will account for the fifth mod?

Does that work?
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-04-23 at 05:10 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #278

*Pokes the Raz*

You have anything to add IC or should I move on after Igor's next IC post?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    *Pokes the Raz*

You have anything to add IC or should I move on after Igor's next IC post?
    I do. give it a sec.

10. - Top - End - #280

Spoiler: Takigakure
    Show
    Decades ago, a Shinobi of the Waterfall Village by the name of Kakazu was sen by the village elders to assassinate HAshirama Senju. However, in this mission, he failed.

In another timeline, he would have been disgraced, abused, and exiled by the elders for his failure to complete his mission or die trying and would have, in revenge, stolen a scroll containing a Kinjutsu that would vastly increase his power, murdered the elders and taken their hearts for use in the Kinjutsu, and fled, becoming a rogue bounty hunter.

However, here, he underwent a... Different route. Framing the elders for corruption, he led a coup and placed himself as the new head and sole authority in the Waterfall village.

Under his leadership, the Waterfall village's policies and economics changed and in the modern-day, the once small village is hidden no more, its location well known and all are welcome, civilian and ninja alike, from any nation.

Even wanted criminals and Missing-Nin are permitted to enter, and the Waterfall village's laws state that no bounty-hunting is to be done within its borders.

The massive tree in the center of the village is surrounded by massive buildings home to hotels for visitors, apartments for residents, and massive dens of gambling, whoring, and drinking. If there is a vice you seek to feed, there's someone or something in the waterfall that will feed it... For the right price.

On the surface, everything seems on the up and up and Kakazu III goes to great pains to depict his village as a safe place to indulge in one's desires without judgment (He even has buffets and more innocent entertainment, for families,) with Waterfall Ninja patrolling the streets to stop trouble as it appears...

But in truth, under the rulership of Kakazu(who poses as his own descendants, kept alive by the Earth Grudge Fear technique) the Waterfall Ninja may as well be Yakuza: Below the surface level, the tourist destination is supported by and hides drug running, human trafficking, blackmail and extortion, and organ theft. If someone with a bounty causes, or is involved in, trouble, they end to... disappear and just so happen to turn up someplace where they are easily captured by whoever set the bounty, and one must be careful who one speaks to as any given entertainer, or 'entertainer,' could be a Ninja in disguise willing to use anything you give them to bleed money from you, what way or another.

Every major city in the Land of Waterfalls has an organized criminal element that is ultimately controlled by waterfall ninja, as do many cities in it's bordering nations and it is even suspected that there are agents in the criminal underbellies of other, minor Hidden villages.

Hero's Water: every hundred years, the waterfall village produces a special "water" that temporarily multiplies the user's raw power several times over but places severe strain on the user's body: if one isn't strong enough, drinking it can shorten your life or even kill you.

Rather than rely on small reserves, Kakazu has had it studied and its properties replicated. The Waterfall village secretly manufactures a drug that temporarily doubles the user's power and every Tom, Richard, and Tarry water-fall ninja carries one suck pill hidden in a secret capsule hidden in a false tooth that is implanted after graduation from the academy. More potent versions of the drug, with risks comparable to the hero's water, are given to trusted elite Jonin and Anbu commanders, though the water itself, which is strongest of all, is entrusted in small measures to Kakazu's most trusted lieutenant... Thus, in emergencies, all waterfall ninja can sudden increase their power to a vast degree.

Lucky Nana-ban

Lucky Nana-ban(number seven) is, on the surface, a mere entertainer. she struts across the stage in an outfit that shows off her olive skin and her toned muscles and her curves all without showing so much as to be indecent.(she's a professional, not some common whore.) She sings she dances, she tells jokes laden with subtle innuendo... And sometimes a member of the audience(man, woman, other? Lucky Nana-ban's tastes are flexible) catches her eye and gets invited backstage after the show.

These people are never seen again.

The truth is, despite looking to be in her twenties she's been in her twenties for thirty years. Nana-ban is simply the code-name of the Waterfall Village's secret weapon. A child raised from birth to be a tool with no will of her own, with a programmed persona to fulfill a specific roll, and on her twenty-first birthday she was made immortal using an improved version of the Earth Grudge Fear Technique combined with several fuinjutsu and the hearts and organs of several captured Missing-Nin.

And then the Seven-Tailed Beetle was sealed within her as a source of power. And decades were spent mastering the power that comes with he tailed beast, tapping it and using it to fuel techniques.

The men and women seduced and invited backstage are invariably Missing Nin or Ninja from minor villages, someone who either won't be missed or who won't draw too much attention if they vanish. They always there alone or in small groups, always with above-average reserves of chakra, always a ninjutsu with a strong affinity. Each one is brought back to Nana-ban's apartment, which is last with perfumes that contain synthetic pheromones meant to lower the ninja's guard, and just as they're thinking they're going to get lucky, they're killed and their organs are harvested and used to extend Nana-Ban's life and increase her power.

Lucky Nana-Ban isn't a person. Anything that could be called human was destroyed by the conditioning applied when she was raised as a tool. She is a living weapon of mass destruction angle to produce dozens of thread constructs to destroy an army with a variety of elemental techniques backed by the power of a tailed beast.

In the event that Nana-ban is reduced to a single heart(her original), she can draw upon the chakra cloaks. version one or two, of a Jinchuriki, use the Seven Tails unique powers or transform into the beast itself(she retains enough control to direct its wrath at her designated targets.

Should the Waterfall Village's criminal connections be exposed, or should they ever come into open war with another village... Lucky Number Seven makes the problem go away. Until then, she slowly draws in crowds to make money and slowly acquires more and more hearts.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-04-26 at 11:56 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #281

You know, if we're willing to accept Anime filler, then the Mizuki returns arc is strong evidence for some kind of Tiger Sage Mode.

In that arc, Mizuki is given a curse mark by Orochimaru but rather than transform him directly it gives him instructions for a medicine that gives him similar powers to the course mark. The initial form bulks him up and gives him tiger-stripe markings. Stage two turns him into an anthro-tiger.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Sure, sure. seems plausible enough.

decided I should probably detail my Rain Village.

Spoiler: Amegakure
    Show

Amegakure has always been a land of conflict, desolation and tears. No one knows why Ame's rains fall so ceaselessly and without stopping. In ancient times it was said to be cursed by some kami of the weather, while modern scientists scratch their head over the weather patterns, baffled and unable to come up with a satisfactory explanation. But its ceaseless rain and less sunlight has given rise to a unusual if not unique ecosystem. Plants can grow in it, but they a strange ones that grow horizontally to catch as much sunlight as they can, like lily pads. They draw nutrients not from dirt but mud and they collect water from the sky. Comparisons have been drawn to swamps but the Land of Rain for some reason is more desolate, like a very wet desert where its rain somehow spreads out into shallow puddles and pools rather than flood its rivers or go deeper. Farms exist, but grow stunted strange versions of the food that others enjoy, often filled with water and tasting bad, the inhabitants of this land dryly joke they never to drink for their food provides all their water for them. This isn't too far off from the truth. It is a depressing land, and its people some of the hardest, most stubborn and determined people on the face of the planet who somehow keep their independence despite being between three shinobi superpowers and having few resources of their own.

There is no inherently valuable resources in Rain itself; it is simply a buffer state between the Lands of Fire, Wind and Earth, and thus a strategic place between them to control so that one may attack one of the other nations, and thus consistently becomes a nation-wide battleground for greater powers to spill their blood on. At the same its desolate conditions makes life unstable, its hard for anything more than an iron-fisted dictator to rise to power to keep it in order. Any division of power between the shinobi of this nation causes them to fracture into factions to fight for supremacy and thus make them seek backing from foreign powers, thus continuing the cold war between the shinobi nations or outright causing the next Shinobi War. Yet the people of Rain are some of the most ruthless and unfettered shinobi to ever exist and willing to go to any extreme no matter how terrifying or outright evil to make sure they aren't controlled by anyone else. Rain is responsible for many war crimes as a result. The nations around them regard Rain with more than a little trepidation and fear. They have been known to punch people in the face and start fights for moralizing at them, especially if they're from one of the nations that attack them. They stone cold do not care when their lives are so bad, to them its a fight for survival and they will sink to any low to make sure they come out on top.

At the same time, they proclaim to be devout followers of the Sage of the Six Paths. Despite the polluted industrial cities, the rain-filled wasteland and extreme brutal shinobi, the people pray for wholeheartedly for their salvation, believing that a new Sage will come to save them all, their steel-hard faith keeping them strong through the rain and the tears.

Modern Rain is defined by its latest dictator who rose to power during the Third Shinobi War: Kishori of the Raindrops, a legendary S-Class Shinobi, she is now Head Ninja of Rain. It is said that she rose to power only knowing a single basic elemental water jutsu and mastering and refining it until she became godlike with it, killing anyone and everyone in her way, enforcing her will with power and fear upon the six jonin warlords around her to make sure they toe the line, and driving out all invaders with the rain itself. Under her rule she has kept Rain stable with her strength, and the people see her as a savior and hero who keeps order in this nation. Now she wonders desperately how to improve upon the situation, coming from humble origins she keeps the peace, but has no idea how to improve rain so that it doesn't inevitably fall to war once again. She wants nothing more than to see her nation happy and prosperous, but her own talents leaning towards force, the other nations around her seeing Rain as something to use to their advantage and the nation's very environment stand against her to seemingly make it a pipe dream.

Rain's shinobi themselves are organized differently: they don't have an academy themselves, and their military structure is more like six very large gangs or mafias under one of the six jonin warlords who answer to Kishori. The Genin and Chuunin are pretty much their enforcers, scouts, middlemen and commanders more than anything else, and much of their education is informal, merit-based and harsh. Books have to be carefully kept secret and safe from being ruined by the rain, so much of their knowledge has be passed down verbally and demonstratively so that it can be passed down at all. Those who rise in the ranks must be motivated, talented, lucky and no small amount of tough. If there are kekkei genkai users in rain, they are not ostracized but neither do they go out of their way to form stable bloodlines- often they just show up randomly in a child at the whims of genetics, with no one, not even the parents knowing the origin. Without teachers with the same kekkei genkai themselves, they often have about the same chance of succeeding as anyone else and thus aren't treated as greater. Recruitment often takes the form of genin finding random Ame orphans not doing anything and press-ganging them into their forces as every citizen must be useful. These six jonin gangs can get competitive about this, as the more members they have the stronger their army is, but Kishori has enforced strictly defined territories for them that they cannot expand like they did in the past.
    The elemental affinity of Rain ninja is mostly water release, and their rarest affinity is fire.

More importantly, along with its instability, the rain makes it hard to have a functioning bureaucracy in Ame. Water's eternal slow erosion create holes in roofs that always need patching, delivering the mail is a constant ninja-level chore to keep important documents dry enough to read by the recipient, such that people rarely send mail, and some people don't bother to write stuff down. Some of the more rural villages are completely illiterate. Between that and three wars, documentation has been destroyed many times over by many people, along with the buildings that housed them. Paper and reading are considered fragile foreign luxuries, often used most by those in power. Scrolls for jutsu and fuinjutsu are kept locked tight and dry, and the education required to build infrastructure that Ame simply does not have, does not come cheap and does not come from Ame.

One of Ame's main exports is their excess of water, and have set up trade with Wind after the Third Shinobi War to transport it down to them since it seems like whatever kami cursed them with too much water took away all the water meant for Wind to do it thus making Wind want to take it themselves for all the water that seems to fall from the sky. The few curious or scholarly Ame that manage to get an education of course are searching ceaselessly for a reason why their land constantly rains and how they can perhaps spread that around so they don't get so much of it. Rain fashion is of course, heavy on raincoats, rubber boots and umbrellas. The richer the Ame the fancier the umbrella, and having a real colorful and well designed umbrella is a sign of status. Ame people both rich and poor also set up various rain-instruments designed to produce constant music to brighten their dour lives a little.

Of course when the clouds deign to part and a rare sunny day occurs, a great change comes over them. Any sunny day in Ame is a holy day, and thus all the Ame people, ninja and normal alike gather into an impromptu festival to celebrate in wild raucous bacchanalia. Prayers mix with music made by peoples own hands, people break out vintage wine they've been saving for a sunny day, people who don't know each other suddenly go for a one day stand as children conceived on a holy day are considered blessed, joyous brawls and games are played, they party like its their last day on earth, pure joyous chaos ensues as the normally dour Ame society goes completely mad to an outsider like a nation possessed by some spirit and continues on into the clear night. When the day ends, the rain returns and everyone goes back to what they were doing and speaks nothing of it, acting like nothing ever happened and the rain washes away any evidence that it occurred. Despite the vulnerability such a day gives Ame, no one attacks them when this happens- not after that one ninja who did it. Ame declared war over it and killed him and his entire family for daring to disrupt it, then killed every single person who helped him, because messing with one of their few days of happiness is the quickest way to earn Amegakure's undying hatred and vengeance.

Other nations and shinobi pretty much outright consider Ame-Nin to be insane, monstrous, or both. Most civilians of the shinobi nations wonder why anyone even lives there and consider them crazy just on that fact alone. Some shinobi figure that they have to be insane to be able to stand against three superpowers at the same time and still be independent, as none of the three really consider Ame to be worth holding for long, except Wind- they really want that water. Some Missing Nin and minor shinobi nations might consider them badass for what they go through. Amegakure does not care for these thoughts as long as you keep one thing crystal clear in your mind:

"DON'T. SCREW. WITH. AME."

13. - Top - End - #283

So, off the top of my head, I can see a lot of potential stories with that, especially later in the game when we're all decently far along in our various 'career tracks.'

Particularly once Senko and Kimiko are well along the way to their respective goals of mastering all senjustu and learning all techniques, since, well, whatever methods they do that with would invite comparison to the Six Paths.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

I can see that.
    Very cool, very unique.
    The chunnin exams will be fun.

Raziere- did we had an agreement about Sunagakure?

My attempt at The Land Of Earth/Iwagakure-
    ( we had discussions, but trying to organize it)
    Spoiler
    Show

The People of Earth consider themselves as the most ancient people. Many historians even agree.
    When chakra use started to spread, and so the use of iron, they were slaughtered and driven off, by the new powers to be, finding shelters in the mountains.
    They were always spiritual and connected to nature, so when they have achieved knowledge over chakra usage they have balanced themselves against those cruel and souless Samurais and ninjas.
    The Earth People were mostly focused on shamanism of sorts and connections to the gods.
    (so characters like Hidan)
    in astetic very like the Ainu tribes of real japan.
    anime examples-
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20111201224156
    https://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/c.../14/163921.jpg
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...xH0MS&usqp=CAU
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dac5e1ZXcAA2iAD.jpg
    https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lBja8vHBg...koruru-oni.jpg
    https://www.anime-planet.com/images/...g?t=1535940316

men are usually bearded.
    'This is set in stone.' it's a very common saying there. Very stubborn, and for them, promise is sacred.
    Actually many things are sacred to them, traditions, family gods and the such.
    They feel alien to other nations, but their hatred is mostly bitter toward the Land Of Wind, who are known for their easy going, and that they believe that 'Words blow with the wind'

But they are adaptive,as not adapting means death of themselves, and everything they hold dear. Their economy is mostly based on goat and sheep hoarding and forgaring, not much room for agriculture, or industry, but they are tough people and know the nature well.

The Village was found during the first Shinobi world war, as elders of all tribes have ordered the chakra users to steal and devolp their own ninja skills, in order to defend their civilization.
    Iwakaure, view themselves, as holy guardians and servants of tradition and the gods.
    They only make missions the Tsuchikage deem worthy and just.
    But they are determined to the bitter end, and neyomd- usually, before a dangerouse mission, an Iwa ninja ask of a friend or relative, to take on his mission if he fail.
    Iwa kunoichis are quite rare, because of their very tradional culture.

Respect for the elders is absolute, and with age come political power.

unique ninjutsu- animal summoning is very common, also few of their junins are known Sages.
    Necromancy is actually isn't viewed in negative way, as long as a respect paid for the dead.
    They also known to have the Five Godly Masks- mask which allow the wearer to become an avatar of a specific god, with heavy price in chakra and long term health.

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

1. I think we kinda did but never made an official combined write up, and that the agreement was that the oil and warlike parts of your write up was good but my oasis nin part was also good, and that while there was like a bunch of kazekage, I control the modern one, who the The Spider of Mirage Threads.

2. I don't think we ever got around to figuring out Iwa....

3. an IC thing with nozojo: first of all, Mitsuko means "spite" not "spit" as in Jirou is trying to spite her, and there is no way Nozojo could misinterpret that, the words while similar are pronounced differently. also he'd be able to tell that her demeanor changed when he mentioned Jirou, this has nothing to do his charisma, this is a personal matter.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

1. I think we kinda did but never made an official combined write up, and that the agreement was that the oil and warlike parts of your write up was good but my oasis nin part was also good, and that while there was like a bunch of kazekage, I control the modern one, who the The Spider of Mirage Threads.

2. I don't think we ever got around to figuring out Iwa....

3. an IC thing with nozojo: first of all, Mitsuko means "spite" not "spit" as in Jirou is trying to spite her, and there is no way Nozojo could misinterpret that, the words while similar are pronounced differently. also he'd be able to tell that her demeanor changed when he mentioned Jirou, this has nothing to do his charisma, this is a personal matter.

Ah. Maybe.
    You and Rater kind of write the villages and tie them in a nice little bow.

Ok. Then... I'll edit Nozojo reply, sometimes letters jump to and from the words I read. Even in russian.
    ^^'

About Iwa, we have discussed it, but much in much more general way.
    In short(or d&d terms), I was thinking of them as ninja druid dwarves.
    Does it work for you?
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2020-04-29 at 12:12 AM.

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

ninja druid dwarves sounds great, I just want do the concept as high quality as I can,

so lets try with my own interpretation of your ideas.

Spoiler: Alt Iwagakure 2.0
    Show

Once the People of Earth lived in forests and fields. They were the original inhabitants of the Land of what is now known as the land of fire. But over centuries, they were driven out, away from the forests and live they knew to the east, by those that became the People of other nations, mostly Fire. Repeatedly were they betrayed, repeatedly were they attacked and tricked and systemically forced farther and farther away, until they found only refuge in the rocky mountains and tough arid lands of what is now known as the Land of Earth. The ninja clans of Earth even as they fought each other amid the mountains, had acquired an eternal hatred for the Land of Fire and to some extent everyone else that continues to this day. It is a generational grudge that they have nurtured and enshrined as tradition, long before Hashirama and Madara. The nurse it among the high mountains, the horses and the goats, and the sheep the make pacts with, other nations seeing them as witches and stubborn earth-nin acting in spite of them all.

They have ticked off all other nations in one form or another during the Shinobi Wars, and they hate them in turn. They hate Land of Wind for being mercurial and being unable to hold promises, they hate Kirigakure for killing their second Tsuchikage. Both Lightning and Earth have a shared hatred of Fire which they will sometime put aside their differences for to team up against their common enemy, and sometimes won't.

They are people of old traditions and a culture that emphasizes nature in their own interpretation of Sage's teachings in accordance with the Kamuy, believing that the Sage of the Six Path's teachings extend to the entire natural world. They seek out summon animals more than anyone else, they practice the art of Shinjutsu to acquire unique powers as long as they follow sacred tenets and codes. Their Jonin are required to have a summon pact. High up in the remote peaks of their mountains, monks of Ninshuuism dwell in ornate monasteries seeking enlightenment in isolation. One of the most popular pacts the Iwa-Nin have are mountain horses and constantly ride them into battle. But nobility and kekkei are the same as anywhere, with even more of an emphasis on bloodlines with the known existence of kekkei touta, even if its only one, the dust release users are practically regarded as a royalty and destined to become Tsuchikage- not a single Tsuchikage has NOT had it.

They of course preach their virtues of being closer to nature and of holding to promises. They will say that women deserve to be nothing but medic nin and seductive kunoichis, that men deserve to be nothing but warriors, that its only natural due to the roles that nature, that the kamuy have given them, that unlike other ninja they actually hold themselves to their promises and old values and the new ways of doing things are sinful and unnatural. They will rage against the flaws of other nations and think themselves better, think themselves above the rest because they of their long memory of being victims to others that they have room to talk, preach that they are the true followers of the Sage's teachings, that even the Iwa-Nin hold to these traditions against all logic and sense, that they hold fast to the good old ways and are morally better for it. That their elders are wise above all.

Its all disgusting hypocrisy and lies, at least among those in power.

Iwa's military is no different from anyone elses, while they often forced into these gendered roles they make exceptions when certain talents reveal themselves reasoning that a kamuy must "blessed them differently". Their ninja break promises and do all the same evils and horrors as anyone else. Their researchers experiment with bloodlines, defying nature to create the next Kekkei Touta to strengthen themselves. Despite all their talk of tradition, their nation has to accept modern technology just to keep up with everyone else economically and militarily. Their youth disobey and do their own thing regardless of tradition say, and industry and cities have formed within their borders regardless of what anyone thinks. Their researchers of course are working around the clock to be more environmentally friendly, but Iwa is no better than anyone else.

The ideology of Iwa and the land of stone to its leaders, politicians and shinobi are nothing but cynical manipulation through propaganda of its people to keep its people willing to fight wars against others for those in power, and anyone who actually believes in said ideology are either normal people with no actual power, or missing nin who are either better than the nation around them or fanatical to a fault. There is no true "Iwa-Nin" all of them deviate or fail to live up to their nations ideals in some way. In truth, their elders being valued so highly make their upper positions in their nation slow to change and thus they often don't step down until they die, replaced by those who had waited too long to finally have power and thus when they finally get it make the changes they want that they feel have been long time coming without considering the consequences.

Their battle tactics often make use of reshaping the Earth, causing avalanches, tunneling and generally making the terrain hell for their opponent with their Earth release jutsu which is their strongest affinity, while their rarest affinity is water being far away from any naval power and not needing to fight any such power, preferring to pick their terrain and fight among the rocks. They combine this with their summons to do pincer attacks with various animals from different angles so that the foe can only defend one side at a time. Shinobi are always wary about attacking the land of Earth for the entire ground could be your foe and if you dive in after them into their tunnels you might as well be already dead, as your just one explosive tag away from them collapsing on you, assuming they don't just have jutsu to cause a cave in. Iwa of course has various archers that also snipe from atop their cliffs from afar, using taijutsu to hone their eyesight and arms to kill people in a single shot from ridiculous ranges, with such legends as Mile-Eye Mimuku, or Longshot Lang-chen that then run away from you on horseback.

Another feature of Iwagakure, is their Explosion Corps. Their name says it all: they are a division of Iwa specializing in blowing everything they can up, reasoning that when all else fails, a big enough explosion will kill anything. The younger members tend to start out as crazy bomb-wielding maniacs and suicide bombers sent out to die, and if they survive their first few missions attempting to deliberately kill them with their own explosives and thus demonstrate their ability to handle these things competently, they start their training and membership for real and eventually mellow out into experienced, disciplined tactical commandos who are utterly terrifying to face and are often sent as elite jounin to destroy strategical targets that change the course of entire battles.

The current Tsuchikage is the third one and meets with his Jounin every once a year for them to ask if it is time to get their revenge upon the other shinobi nations as they have done for every year since the dawn of Iwagakure, as almost every year he replies “Not today.” and patiently waits for the time to strike upon his enemies. However said Tsuchikage is getting really old and there is no clear successor in his eyes for him to name.

Bloodlines:
    1- Dust Release (Kekkei Touta)
    2- Mud Release
    3- Explosion Release
    4- Steel Release
    5- Lava Release(s)

Summoning Pacts:
    Ox
    Buzzard
    Coyote
    Horse
    Goat
    Sheep

Forbidden Jutsu:

18. - Top - End - #288

Ones gets the feeling that Mitsuko is projecting her own negative traits onto her elder son.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #289

So... Naruto without the Rasengan is a bit like Dragonball without the Kamehameha.

I've got an idea of how to introduce it that I'd like to make a surprise, but since we presumably aren't naruto I've also got some suggestions for what happens when combining it with elements other than wind(With the Caveat that the Nine Rasenshuriken Varitents that NAruto created with the Tailed Beasts were created by adding an element on top of the Sage Art Wind Release: Rasenshuriken.)

First, the canon Elemental Combinations, for comparison
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wind Release: Rasengan. Forming a Rasengan from pure Wind Natured Chakra, one creates a Rasengan that functions as a ball of blades that not only drill but shred at the cellular level.

Wind Release Rasenshuriken.A Wind Release: Surrounded surrounded by massive blades of wind release chakra, the Rasenshuriken explodes on contract with an enemy, creating a small burst area that shreds everything within it at the cellular level. However, the user suffers similar damages to their rm.

Sage Art Wind Release: Rasenshuriken. By using Senjutsu chakra to form the Rasenshuriken, not only does the technique become far stronger but it becomes possible to hold its form in place without physically holding it using a prisnipla similar to Frog Kata, and thus, throw it like an actual Fuma shuriken, removing all risk.

Chidori: a piercing attack created as a failed attempt to combine the Rasengan with Lightning Release: Coats ones hand with, or creates a ball of, ultra-dense lightning release chakra to grant a piercing attack though it requires extreme speed to use properly and some kind of dojutsu to use safely. Has a stronger variant called the Raikiri, which is identical other than raw power. Other variations exist but are too divorced from the base concept.

Vanishing Rasengan: By properly combining lightning Chakra with the Rasengan, one creates a Rasengan that can be thrown and turns invisible mid flight, making it harder to dodge.

And now, variations created based on my own theorizing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lightning Release: Spiraling Bullet. A perfected form of Vanishing Rasengan. The Lightning Nature is fully manifested and condensed into a mixture of throwable Rasengan with a far more powerful piercing nature than normal.

Sage Art Spiraling Bullet: combining the technique with Sage Chakra amplifies it's lightning nature: Once the technique pierces it's target it explodes into a large burst of dark-colored Sage Lightning, not only inflicting damage to the targets entire body but potentially causing slash damage to near bye enemies.

(Becuase Those seem like logical progressions of the Vanishing Rasengan, based on what we know of Lightning Chakra.)

Water Release: Rasengan. Water is the universal solvent, being able to dissolve most things: Water distilled to genuine pureness will in fact even leach minerals from the human body if drunk. Sufficiently pure Water Release Chakra has similar properties, being able to break down things that it is sufficiently weaponized against. A Rasengan combined with Water Release doesn't just drill through the target but dissolves it, rendering anything that can't resist it down to down to their component molecules

Water Release: Rasendoriru. Bringing the previous technique to its a logical conclusion, the Rasendoriru creates a lance around the user's hand with a footlong diameter and extends past the hand three feet to a sharp tip. The matter dissolving chakra spirals and flows along the construct creating not only a far stronger piercing(and thus dissolving) power but also a construct that can be used to parry melee attacks. However, overuse or improper use can dissolve your own hand.

Sage Art Water Release: Rasendoriru. A thin coating of natural energy protects the user's hand from danger while senjutsu chakra doubles the length of the lance and drastically increases it's power.

Fire Release: Rasengan Believe it or not, fire release doesn't directly improve the technique in any conceivable way. It makes it hotter, a lot hotter, but it doesn't improve it's drilling power. Unless your are trying to overcome a wind release technique or are fighting/trying to puncture something vulnerable to heat or fire, it's no better than the base Rasengan.

Fire Release: Rasento* This, however, is more like it. Instead of a sphere, the user creates a construct, not unlike a Katana, wakizashi, or ninjato composes of density packed microscopic balls of pure fire chakra to create an effect roughly comparable to a chainsaw made of lightsabers. Using a combination of extreme friction and raw heat to cut-by-burning anything not durable enough to resist its power.

*刀, Katana, becomes To when attacked to another word. Ninjato, "Ninja sword," is thus literally "the Katana of a Ninja," though since Katana translates literally as "sword" it doesn't necessarily mean a literal Katana.

Sage Art Fire Release: Rasento No special frills, just a bigger, hotter word made of fire(like the Seven Swordsman use)

Earth Release: Rasengan: Earth Release doesn't really translate well into the Rasengan's primary purpose. All it amounts to is a dense, and thus heavier hitting, Rasengan. More Advanced versions simply result in a bigger, heavier hitting Rasengan.

And I don't really have one for all of the hybrid elements(other than a vague idea that Magnet Release The Kekkei Genkai should be different from Magnet Release the power you get from Shukaku) but I do have a couple
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ice Release: Rasengan. a Rasengan formed with Ice Release phases into a target that is unable to dodge or resist it and fills the area i occupies with billions of microscopic ice crystals that basically turn anything it touches into a slushy.

Ice Release: Giga Rasendoriru: In addition to the properties of a normal Ice Release Rasengan, advancing it to the hight of its power combines the specific advanced shapes of Wind and Water to create a three-foot base and nine-foot-long lance that flash freezes anything it pierces. Freeze the Heavens with your Drill!

Scorch Release: Rasengan: Functions as a Wind Release Rasengan that also cooks and dehydrates as it shreds.

Scorch Release: Dairasento: As Rasento, but adding Wind Release chakra to the mix(necessary for Scorch Release,) massively increases the blade's already substantial cutting power. The Sage Art version not only increases the size and power of the sword but allows it to be manipulated telekinetically using ambient natural energy as a medium.

Lava Release: Rasengan' functioning depends on which form of Lava Release you're using. Son Goku's functions as Earth Release with the addition of extreme heat. Quicklime functions as earth but can be combined with a water technique to bind a target in place. Ash functions similarly to wind release, but trade some of its cutting power for a choking effect and more heat. Rubber functions similarly to Earth but can bypass lightning release based defenses. Acidic Mud is nearly indistinguishable from the Water Rasengan.

In addition to forms similar to the advanced versions of Earth and Wind, it is theoretically possible to combine every version of Lava Release into an attack that combines the properties of all of them.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

I'd simply imagine that someone Naruto or Minato-like would simply make it: either someone incredibly brilliant trying to replicate the tailed beasts power, or someone who due to their unique circumstances of chakra and probably isn't good at rote memorization came up with it because hand seals are too complicated for them,heard that signless chakra techniques are possible and thus just tried hard and experimented hard enough to get it.

Personally I see Rasengan as an uncommonly hammer-like weapon in a world of scalpels, at least for a version of the setting like this one. Given that its purpose is to basically be super-destructive and is a big ball of chakra focused into destruction emulating something even more destructive, its purpose its kind of considered orthogonal to what most ninja value in a technique, which is expanding their flexible toolset of things they can do outwit the foe, and the best use something like the rasengan has is surprising people with how penetrating and brutal its power is when most ninja rely on finesse and planning rather than direct force.

As for Mitsuko well....its a valid interpretation I guess. one could see it that way. I personally wasn't going for it, more trying to explain what her viewpoint is since we haven't seen it much compared to Jirou's viewpoint whom we've seen a lot.

On an unrelated note: Obito saw enough of Naruto using the rasengan with his sharingan to copy it right? how many canonical techniques do you think Obito has copied? just want to know for something else, not this game

21. - Top - End - #291

I'd simply imagine that someone Naruto or Minato-like would simply make it: either someone incredibly brilliant trying to replicate the tailed beasts power, or someone who due to their unique circumstances of chakra and probably isn't good at rote memorization came up with it because hand seals are too complicated for them,heard that signless chakra techniques are possible and thus just tried hard and experimented hard enough to get it.
    I like mine better.

Personally I see Rasengan as an uncommonly hammer-like weapon in a world of scalpels, at least for a version of the setting like this one. Given that its purpose is to basically be super-destructive and is a big ball of chakra focused into destruction emulating something even more destructive, its purpose its kind of considered orthogonal to what most ninja value in a technique, which is expanding their flexible toolset of things they can do outwit the foe, and the best use something like the rasengan has is surprising people with how penetrating and brutal its power is when most ninja rely on finesse and planning rather than direct force.
    It's really not. Minato was inspired by the Tailed Beast Bomb, but the purpose of the Rasengan is to have a quick attack that can be formed without wasting time on hand seals and will quickly kill or incapacitate an opponent.

Remember, Minato's entire fighting style was based around speed and precision. The Rasengan feeds into that. IT's just that Naruto's perfect version replaces that with a big boom... But even then, that's gonna quickly end most fights.

Beyond that: Think of bow i works. You're creating millions, perhaps even billions, of microscopic balls of chakra, having them orbiting around each other in every reasonble direction without leaving their designated orbit or colliding with each other while being packed tightly enough that they function as a singular sphere. How much precise control of your chakra do you think is needed for that? By the time you can form one with one hand without fanfare you can basically make chakra take whatever shape you want it to. Which is stated in canon: The Rasengan is explicitly the ultimate manifestation of shape manipulation.

On an unrelated note: Obito saw enough of Naruto using the rasengan with his sharingan to copy it right? how many canonical techniques do you think Obito has copied? just want to know for something else, not this game
    Considering that, in canon, Obito is the reason why the Mist Village was the blood Mist(via mind-controlling Yagura) he probably knows a lot of the Mist village's Jutsu.

I don't know if the Rasengan can be copied like that. Copying techniques with the Sharingan works by a combination of seeing how the Chakra flows in the body and instantly memorizing the movements and hand signs used to make it work that way.

The Rasengan is pure Chakra Control. You are willing your Chakra to take a certain shape without the help of special gestures. If your control isn't good enough then you probably can't use it at all, unless you can come up with a workaround like Shadow Clone abuse(which ins't something that just anyone can do.) Obito probably knows how to do it but whether he can physically use it is another question entirely.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Personally I think Minato intending it be for quickness and precision its less indicative of its actual use, and more indicative of Minato's bizarre thought processes:
    "I want to quickly kill an opponent without wasting time on hand seals, lets spend years and years on mastering making an S-class spinning glowing ball drill in my hand with multiple steps to form it that I then proceed to never figure out how to apply a nature transformation release to it because lightning doesn't go in circles" except when Boruto does it apparently, instead of say Minato grabbing a kunai and just enhancing it with lightning chakra to be super-sharp then slit their throat like a normal efficient killer, or maybe just develop a jutsu to touch a guy and deliver a bunch of volts of electric shock, even though he can just teleport to a dude and do exactly that and be stealthier and quick in both cases. like you don't need to sharpen lightning like with Chidori, just make your hand a death-taser and people will die when you poke them.

then his son proceeds to demonstrate how Minato was using his super-genius to try and reinvent the precision killer wheel, by showing that his father invented a new chakra explosive instead. because it doesn't matter what the original inventor intended with the design, the innovator clearly shows whats really possible with it when they get their hands on it and actually use it without the galaxy brain thought process overlooking the obvious.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

I simply hate Rasengan, simple as that.
    It's part of the world, and I don't control what other characters do, so to be honest, I just don't care.
    Even at first watch I was "Ugh."
    But I am willing to give anything a chance, with the right presentation.

So.. really what ever. I guess it make sense as a shtick if few Konoha guys.

Spoiler: Alt Sunagakure and Land Of Wind. (uniting Razier and Mine's concepts)
    Show

The Land Of The Wind, is called like this, because those who wish to survive, and even flourish there must always be on the move, just like the wind.
    This land might look cruel to the weak and ignorant, but it's actually a loving parent, pushing his children forward, trusting them to withstand the pressure and grow stronger.
    Those who dare, will find treasures lay beyond the vale of sands.
    That why despite many scholars's confusion, the Land Of Wind is one of the most populouse lands. Sure, there are cities, but even the cities, reshape and change. Also, despite the stigmas, the Wind People are actually relativly peacful. They don't cling to almost anything, including vengance.
    "Let The Wind Blow It Away.' Is a common saying among them.
    The Land Of Wind has no signed graveyards from the same reason. No point in clinging to memories of those who were blown away.
    The stigma of them indulging in adultory and liers, cheaters in general might have some base to it.
    Promises doesn't mean much to them. "The promise were blown away.' Is a common excuse.
    They tend to do what the view as the right thing to do at the moment, and usually don't take broken oathes and promises personaly.
    Proper Ninja clans like other countires have, are a very rare thing, because of their tradition of freedom and change, but they had families and bands.
    Cityfolks, took the spirit of Wind, to easily change of careers and ruling systems when time required it, and something close to a free market, maybe almost anarchistic.
    Until 80 years ago, the Damiyo had a very loose control and mostly were, leader against outside threats and a respectful judge, if people required him to.
    90 years ago a new treasure were discovered- oil. This treasure was irresitble, and in few years a powerful corpration were found:The Black Wind Inc. 'Kurokaze. Inc.'
    They have forced out the Damiyo, and placed a puppet Damiyo in place, and drill the oil. But they weren't sustainable due, to constant ninja raids, and even if they bought off one group, two others started to raid.
    They have hired of ten powerful ninjas from over the world, who have called themselves the Sunadorei(the Sand Slavers), most of them weren't from the Wind Land, and their had a Kekkei ability of Water Release.
    They used combination of diplomacy and terror to unite most if not all of the ninja under their iron fist, and have found the Hidden Village Of The Sand- Sunagakure.
    The Sand Ninjas weren't broken easily, and in one decade replaced three Kazekages one after another, and went into civil war with the Sunadorei.
    The Damiyo and the Kurokaze Company have backtabbed, and have supported the rebels, that their general agreement was, to keep the village united in exchange for autonamy.
    Now days, under the leadership of the 9th Kazekage- nicknamed “The Spider of Mirage Threads” or just “The Spider” Sunagakure flourish with wierd mixture of militarstic state and freedom.

They have the biggest ninja army in numbers: three times more Genins then Konoha, twice Chunins then them, yet barely a dozen more Junins.
    Their secret is their low standards at the academy. The Kurokaze fund anyone who wish to learn to be a ninja, which is atrractive option, because if not you will be forced to work under them directly, and usually it just a little better then slavery. As Ninjas, or at least residents of the Village you have relarive freedom. In order to graduate you need to master only one of three basic jutsus. The tradional teams of 3 are completly optional, and Genins and Junins alike are allowed to break and form new teams of any kind.
    Also, the missions are picked from a mission board, and anyone can pick missions from E grade up to A.
    The responsibility for the risk is up to the ninjas themselves, and the groups may vary as they see fit. (Think like Fairy Tail Guilds).
    S are reserved for Junins, who may take companions with them, or Anbus.
    They don't have many clans, but the village has unique and creative techniques whicb are funded generously by the Kazekage.

Their wind users are adept at causing artificial sandstorms to cause chaos and slaughter in enemy forces, their puppet brigade ninja makes corpses of their foes into new weapons and send them out to fight their still living comrades. Earth and Fire users while less common, sink the enemy into quicksand and drown them on land, Fire users burn away their water casks into steam and make them die of heatstroke quickly raising the temperatures to unbearable heights, lightning users strike hard and fast then disappear back into the desert winds. Suna nin has a reputation for being horrifying opponents to face, having no scruples about what they will do to survive and win.

Water release users are the rarest and most precious of all ninja in Suna, and have a different role. From the moment their elemental nature is discovered, they are taught to focus on creating water from nothing, and nothing else. Their nation simply doesn't have enough moisture to use the techniques common to Kiri. Once they successfully do so, they these “Oasis Nin” are taught to create clean water from chakra and provide it to others, as well as water plants. These rare Oasis Nin embark on the highest honor: ensuring the nations survival through food and water, and even the most battle-happy of ninja recognize the importance of their role, even if they feel burdened by it. Their lives are a constant quest to figure out how to create more oases, more plants to feed people, irrigate more water to grow the plants, and while they can fight as well as anyone else, their primary mission is to ensure a more prosperous Land of Wind.

Suna's skill in puppetry has allowed them to advance in the field of prosthetics, providing their own country folk numerous puppet arms and legs to continue living with both hands or feet, the wood and metal may feel hot in this heat, but its better than having only one hand. Puppet nin themselves have been known to replace their limbs with puppet ones just to upgrade them to their liking, and have come up with various creative uses for puppet technology, from being power armor to artificial mounts and transportation to quickly move across the desert, to combining puppets with fuinjutsu to fire off devastating elemental blasts from puppet turrets. There are rumors that some puppet nin seek to make puppets that can think and move on their own, puppets that have have intelligence, that might even have...souls, but these rumors also speak of these puppets having no heart or love and that are murderous and seek the death of humans out of jealousy for them being real people.

The One Tailed Beast was actually captured and sealed by Suna itself when it was founded and they never had to deal with Konoha for it. However as a consequence, they use the weakest of all the tailed beast seals, known as the Clay Jar Seal, not having Konoha's expertise when they made it, while most of the Jinchuuriki out there use the Iron Armor Seal because its the best seal that was developed during the First Kages, while modern Konoha itself makes use of the Eight Trigams Seal which is higher quality than both for the Nine-Tails. The weakest seal, for the weakest Tailed Beast. Some say, the weakest Tailed beast, for the weakest of the five superpowers. Indeed, Sunagakure and the Land of Wind seems to constantly get the short end of the stick in anything it does. This has led to its nation being very emphatic about receiving fair deals in its negotiations and being very leery of foreigners trying to take advantage of them, but open to any and all trade they can make. Their Jinchuurikis have always have to be taught discipline to resist the whispers of the One Tails violent nature.

Thus the nation is full of bazaars with products from other shinobi nations and exotic goods from far away lands beyond them, and the merchants there carefully calculate each coin, evaluate the value of each object and double check to make they are getting a fair and honest deal, while scammers and con men prowl the streets looking for the next mark. People wear white shawls and robes to keep out the sun, and many people do all that they can just to make ends meet in the desert. This diverse array of goods hides the fact that the Land of Wind's economy is very fragile, a constant juggling act of having to rely on other more verdant lands to supply its people, with remaining independent, and not ticking off either its own people or its foreign customers. Other nations see Sunagakure as weak, and fear little from it going on the offensive.

No one knows all this better than the Ninth Kazekage, nicknamed “The Spider of Mirage Threads” or just “The Spider”, he is known as a cunning, subtle man skilled with spider puppets so much that he gave himself four extra limbs. His web of spies extends throughout the Land of Wind and some say, throughout much of the shinobi nations. He is constantly scheming, constantly hiding his true motives, but he claims to want only the best for his nation and village. Some say he schemes for a better world, some say he sees all the world as his puppets, some say both. Despite his mysterious nature, the Land of Wind cannot deny his effectiveness: he works closely with the Kurokaze. Inc. and fine tunes the workings and intricacies of his nation with a slight, precise, surgical hand, pulling strings with only the slightest of tugs, and when people come to him with a problem he is known to listen and work to come up with reasonable solutions.

Clans-
    Summoning Pacts/Ninja animals:
    Ferret
    Hyena
    Scorpion

Kekkei Genkai:
    1-Magnet Release (Wind and Earth)
    2-Sand Release (Earth)
    3-Bajirisuku Clan- The Basilisk Clan, with the eye ability to turn objects and living into stone. Coincednecly or not, they as well are originally from outside of the Land Of Wind.
    4-

Kinjutsu: None yet

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, thats kind of why I'm staying away from rasengan, because you said igor, that you dislike blasty-type jutsu and well...rasengan is kind of the most blasty jutsu there is. I mean technically beast ball is blastier, but those are tailed beasts. they're meant to be big beasts of pure destruction that most ninjas can't take on. its basically just the attack half of the spirit bomb inherited from DBZ, with the other half turning into sage mode.

I'm generally going to stay away from other pure chakra attacks as well? I dunno, attacking with pure chakra always felt weird to me with the rest of naruto's system going about. its like attack with pure energy in real life to me, it doesn't make sense because you should need a medium for that energy to be in. because- we don't even see anyone else use an attack like the Rasengan, aside from the six paths truth seeking orbs and they're literally a combination of all elements mixed into like, the primordial darkness from before time so that at least has a mythical spin to it.

I like even the Chidori better, because it at least has a finesse and tactical-like quality to it that I can see being used like a ninja rather than like a shonen protagonist. it also remains pure lightning, you can just extend the blade with eisou, thrown like senbon, applied to a sword, made as a current to go through the ground, it can be used tactically rather than just be something you shove in the opponents face. and if I want a jutsu to try and kill someone in one hit, I'd use my bullet assassination jutsus that focus a lot of power into a small bullet-like element of fire, water or earth and fire. because those are less blasts and more sniper shots, and thus can be used stealthily to open combat or kill someone trying to escape it, or take out an important target from afar then run, compared to that, rasengan might as well be a grenade. and we already have grenades they're called explosive tags. guess what Kimiko can produce by creating the ink seal for that on the fly with her genius memory? if Kimiko wants firepower, she can start spamming explosive tags everywhere while also using them as mines and traps.

like I'm generally assuming that the model for ninja in roleplay is going to be closer to people like Shikamaru, Shino, Temari, Zabuza, people like that, rather than the one kid ninja in the entire world who can make an army of shadow clones without dying, or just slam a ball of pure chakra at people and win.

As for the writeup: its good, I just don't want to make whether the kazekage modifies himself explicit, I'd rather that be kept secret, he is a very secretive person and would not show whether he does modify himself or not.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-05-01 at 08:35 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295

For the record, Sand might just be a form of Magnet Release. In addition to Shukaku having inherent Magnet Release curse marks, the fact that Magnet Release can be used on Gold implies that it's diamagnetic Fields, which can magnetize things that aren't inherently magnetic. Like Gold. or Sand. In Gaara Hiden, Gaara is able to use Magnet Release(with glittering metal sand) and his normal sand simultaneously with no issue.

Magnet Release is similar to Lava in that i's a lot more versatile than you'd think: In that same novel a guy uses it to absorb a bunch of iron to turn himself into a giant Lightning God.

On the Rasengan: I guess I'm seeing it as more based on it's technical functions. Its purpose is to make absolutely sure you take down the enemy, which is an important skill in a world where there are multiple ways to make yourself far more durable or much harder to kill than a normal human should be.

In addition to that, the basic Rasengan is the ultimate in chakra shape manipulation. Even if you never actually use it, simply knowing it is the kind of thing that should make it easier to learn and master other techniques. That and...

Spoiler: Was gonna be a surprise but neither of you seems interested
    Show
    Fuyuki-san, the rogue Yuki who uses his powers to make frozen confections, is meant to be a bit of an unorthodox mentor once the PCs learn his secret, in addition to Senko's source of Ice Release.

Like, he doesn't have much int he way of actual techniques r combat skills, but he knows a lot of chakra control exercises and is basically an expert in terms of Nature Transformation.

I thought it would be an amusing irony, or perhaps a call back to the Anime where the Rasengan gets used for all kinds of mundane things, if he independently created the Rasengan and combined it with Ice Release by operating backward(He started by mastering Nature transformation and then mastered shape manipulation while experimenting with the perfect way to shape that chakra to get the desired effect)... But only uses it to make the perfect snow cone. The fact that it could be used as an overwhelmingly powerful finishing move has genuinely not occurred to him.

"Alright children, none of you... Except Maybe Senko-chan if her research pans out, will be able to ever use my Ultimate Snow Cone Creation Technique, but the steps for the basic chakra shaping procedure will drastically improve your control and make it easier for you to do other things."

(Semi-Related: I didn't want to presume, but I figured a Paper Release Rasengan, based on manipulation of Ink and Paper, would end up having an effect not unlike the combination of cloth binding and a sealing tag.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

1. So....paper release rasengan....would make books of fuinjutsu???

2. yeah, I looked up sand and magnet release and it was real ambiguous whether sand was separate or not, so if its the same, that simplifies things. and leaves room for a bloodline thats different from Magnet release.

3. as for improved durabilities, can you be specific about that? because my impression is that most ninja don't have access to such things (and would rather keep those more minimal for the sake of emphasizing tactics for more over power)

like, if there is general increased durability for taijutsu users, I'd rather them need to use different techniques to modify their muscles to defend against different types of normal weaponry (like blades their muscles would have be more rigid like plate, and to defend against maces their muscles would have to be more flexible and spongy, so they can't defend against both blunt and sharp weapons at the same time by tanking it. and that of course this doesn't just apply to taijutsu, anything rigid is weaker to blunt force anything flexible is weaker to blades, this makes sure there is less need for rasengan's drilling force while still keeping it unique and powerful, since there is always two defenses that a taijutsu user can switch between unless someone outwits them to make them do one and get hit by another.)

of course, being specific about these improved durability methods you speak of would be helpful, Rater, since that help informs the tactical kind of tactical workarounds that are needed for them, or what defenses that need to be disallowed to keep it tactical.

27. - Top - End - #297

3: I'd be more specific if I could, but for the most part some Ninja just seem to be better able to resist damage even before you start applying specific techniques, body moods, and bloodline powers. (Gaara, who does not have a healing factor, shrugged off being stabbed in the chest with a lightning coated fist. It was more the fact that it made him bleed than anything else that set off the freakout. Also, if you wanna argue physics even with his armor and shield Lee should have broken Gaara's neck from impact.)

And that's before taking the Uzumaki clan into account since they've canonically survived things that have killed others(Kushina with Jinchuriki extraction) or explicitly would have(Nagato being impaled by Black Receivers produced by the Demonic Statue of The Outer Path) and having absurd stamina.

And then the body mods. Using PCs as an example, at bare minimum Senko is going to have White Snake Power(Which grants a "power of reincarnation" that heals and rejuvenates you to a limited degree, basically a healing factor that doesn't age you if I'm understanding it right) and Dead Bone Pulse(which meals you resistant to having your bones broken or being crushed: Kimimaro was able to survive Gaara's desert funeral by making a thin layer of bone under his skin) and if she gets everything she wants we'd be throwing Uzumaki stamina and Hashirama's healing ability onto that. If we don't include the existence of the Rasengan and other A/S rank finishing moves then it may well become impossible for Senko to lose a fight unless someone is using Sealing techniques on her or someone uses the same kind of blasty techniques we want to avoid.

1: I didn't want to presume since Paper Release is your thing, but I figured that it would sort of cocoon the target in paper mache and then seals would form outside it that held the person in place and prevented them from escaping with a summoning or space-time technique. The more advanced versions create stronger seals onto of bigger, thicker cocoons so escaping is harder.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it is anime. unexplained increased durability just seems to be the norm for plot reasons, a lot of the time because you both need to show this attack is cool and effective, but this guy needs to survive, but you don't have any better explanation for why other than "look they are really determined and have a strong will to survive okay?"

I'm not saying we can't include their existence. I'm just saying that I don't see the existence of what is basically DBZ ki attacks as necessary or desirable even with what your talking about. there are more ways to kill people than directly shoving your shiny attack into their face, thats kind of the entire point of being an assassin in the first place. that and the highest rank you can get is S-Rank so if there is any S-Rank durability stuff, it can't no sell any offense that is also A/S-Rank, and those S-rank offenses don't HAVE to be some blasty chakra thing. there can be S-rank poisons, S-rank taijutsu or weaponry, or S-Rank traps, things like that. I'll think as far outside the box as I need to, and come with as many counters and such as I can, to make sure some stupid latent super-durability doesn't screw this up into a DBZ-like direction.

as for Papersengan, thats a better idea than what I had for it, honestly.

29. - Top - End - #299

I mean, the Rasengan isn't really that much flashier than breathing fire or erecting a wall of mud out of ground that wasn't mud.

Or creating dragons out of the elements.

I'm sorry but the dislike of it seems pretty arbitrary to me and every other A-Rank/S-Rank technique is pretty comparable to it. S-Rank Taijutsu lets you warp the fabric of space from the heat of your body and the physical force of your body's movement while completely obliterating most of the body of someone with superhuman durability and ridiculous healing factor.

The main difference is the sheer amount of skill involved: Per Minato's intent, the Rasengan is the ultimate mastery of shape manipulation, generating pure chakra into a solid form and rotating it in every direction at once without the use of hand signs. One could argue that it's the purest form of Ninjutsu and there are no other techniques that require the same level of chakra control.

If you don't want to use it, Senko probably will if only becuase... I mean, of ll of the people confirmed to use Sage Mode three of the had the Rasengan, one of them was the single greatest Medic Nin in history, and one of them is a genetically engineered composite who was designed to be ale to use Sage Mode. If you can use the Rasengan you've got the necessary chakra control to learn Sage Mode.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #300

Spoiler: Ninja-Drug: Integration Pill
    Show
    By combining and refining a combination of several drugs and herbals supplements that are conducive to cellular health and the production of chakra, one creates a serum that can be compressed into a dissolving capsule that greatly improves the chances of surviving Senko's Cellular Chakra Enhancement Technique.

Furthermore, regular doses can assist in the cultivation of chakra by magnifying and integrating foreign chakras into the host. If someone has sustainable traces of another being's chakra in their system, regular doses will increase these traces until they equal the chakra levels of the donor at the time of the donation.

An average genin's chakra, taking safe doses, will be cultivated and fully integrated within three days, assuming that the patient is engaged in regular chakra control cultivation exercises, an Average Chunins in one week and a half, and one jonin within a thirty-day month, with times varying in relation to that. Attempting to integrate multiple chakras results in the easiest chakra to integrate first: If one integrated the chakra of four Genin and one Jonin, it will take at least 42 days with the weakest genin being integrated first and the Jonin integrated last.

Chakras greater than that which can be possessed classified by a Jonin cannot be fully cultivated. A human whose natural power exceeds that which can be classified as a Jonin's chakra can only be replicated up to two or three times an average jonin(taking two or three thirty-day-months)

The Cells of a Humanlike Non-Human, such as a summoned Animal or an Otsusuki(pure), they are treated as a human but take an extra 33% longer to fully cultivate and integrate: A summoned animal whose chakra is comparable to a genin would take four days to replicate.

A Tail Beast's chakra cannot be fully replicated. Not even close. This method can only replicate Tailed Beast chakra to the point of being able to generate a version 2 Chakra cloak with one tail: Advancement beyond that needs a method of absorbing more than just traces of the tailed beast's chakra or the chakra of multiple tailed beasts. It takes two weeks to achieve initial jinchuriki mode, two additional weeks to achieve version one cloak, and an additional month to achieve version 2 for a total of 54 days. Tailed Beast chakra is always cultivated and integrated last, and in the event that someone is trying to integrate multiple tailed beasts chakras the weaker tailed beast is integrated first.

Unlike the tailed beasts, obtaining multiple tails in this manner increases power linearly, not multiplicatively.

Should one obtain an additional foreign chakra while still integrating one, and should this chakra be easier to cultivate than the current then the current will be paused until the new chakra is fully integrated and cultivated.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks