New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

A proposal for Senko/Jugo's clan.

It's kind of dependent on some higher level lore from Boruto and an assumption based on shared terminology, so I would like feedback on this. If this is not okay, tell me. This is meant to be a "this is the truth" thing, not a "this is what people in-universe think" thing.
    Spoiler: The Origin of Sage Transformation
    Show
    仙人化, "Senninka," refers to two concepts.

The first is one of the abilities of a Nameless clan who possess a form of inherent senjutsu that allows for the reshaping of the body into a variety of forms.

The Second is the act of becoming and state of being the Jinchuriki of the Ten-Tails.

There is more overlap in this than one would initially assume: The ten tails itself possessed shapeshifting powers, as does its Jinchuriki. The nameless can with the sage transformation bloodline possesses a strange anatomy, as does the Beast and its host. Members of the clan naturally draw in natural energy and can absorb chakra, as can the Shinju, the truest form of the Ten-Tails. The Sage Mode achieved by the use of Sage Transformation is categorized by horns of some shape or form, a trait shared with the Ten-Tails Jinchuriki.

Finally, members of the clan who do not have control over their transformations occasionally lose themselves to berserk rages while those who have an insufficiently strong will will become a mindless berserker under the influence of the Ten-Tails.

There's a reason for this similarity: Centuries ago, after the time of the six paths but before the formation of the Modern Uchiha and Senju clans, a descendant of Asura, the younger son who inherited the Yang and Senjutsu of the Sage of the Six Paths, who did not live up to Ashura's ideals sought power and attempted a kinjutsu that is lost to time that involved the sacrifice of several of his kinsman and one of among the rival family of his clan under the light of the Full Moon in the hopes of recreating the power of the Sage of the Six Paths within himself. He failed Instead of gaining the Rinnegan or the Six Paths Power, his body and mind were twisted into a facsimile of the power of the Ten-Tails which was sealed within the Sage... Though without the Ten-Tails chakra. The head of Asura's descendant banished the cursed Kinslayer far from their lands realm and struck his existence from all records while swearing an oath to murder all ninja who possessed his abilities.

As an aside: As the Shinju are planted by the Outsusuki in part to gain the biological information of a planet to enhance themselves, the shapeshifting granted by sage Transformation senjutsu draws on this information, inherited by Hogoromo from Kaguya and passed latently to his children and can, in theory, allow them to become almost literally anything.

Over the years, among the Senju and the Uzumaki are stories of shapeshifting Oni who pose as humans and forge weapons from their own flesh who infiltrated their clans in the past resulted in any Ninja or Samurai among the Kinslayer's accursed Descendents quickly being put down, leading to the lack of Ninja among the Nameless clan and, consequently, the lack of a unified homeland or clan compound among them.

The bit about Sage Transformation and being the Ten Tales Jinchuriki using the same terminology complete with the same characters and the bit about the Otsusuki's planting the ten tails in part to evolve themselves using the biological information of the organisms that live on the planet are from canon, the rest is based on my observations: There's a lot of similarity between the two states and, between that and Kabuto(who gave himself the bloodline) having chakra highly similar to the Sage of the Six Paths... I decided there was probably a connection.

This would mean that Senko is a descendent of the Sage via Asura... But I'm going to say that she can't be Asura's reincarnate becuase her ancestor completely subverted Asura's values and that taint sticks even though Senko isn't like that. If she wants his chakra she has to take it from someone who has it, which is currently no one.

It also means that her Six Paths Sage Mode, if she manages to get it, will probably be more like Madara's or Obito's than Naruto's.

It also means that living Uzumaki or Senju might recognize her powers from their legends(whether this biases them against her is a matter for debate). Learning about it in detail in-universe would require either an old sage from Senko's clan or talking tone of the tailed beasts.

Is this okay, or no?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Seem fine, I don't see anything wrong with it? your posting so much explanatory stuff, I might have to re-review them in depth to figure out what your actually saying.

lets drop this future character in real quick

Reina Terumi
    Spoiler
    Show

Alias: Reina Gimei
    Height: 4 ft
    Weight: 120pounds
    Species: Human
    Station: Kiri Genin with Bloodline in Hiding

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has red hair and green eyes, she wears light teal armor over a sleeveless dark blue jumpsuit, and a big pipe-filled buster sword on her back. Her teeth are normal.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rein loudly proclaims that she is totally a hardworking kirigakure genin who brought herself up by bootstraps. Any claim to the contrary is clearly wrong. She will fiercely and angrily insist that she has no kekkei genkai, why would she? She clearly invented a way around it. She is not afraid of being found out, that would imply there is anything to be found out about, her abilities are purely of her own ingenuity. What you want to fight about it? She fight you about it, and when she beats you she'll proclaim its all because of her hardworking kiri spirit. Totally not any secret bloodline, no. She is a totally loyal, completely normal if talented genin of Kirigakure, get out of her face about it.

and if you find out thats a lie? She will actually try to kill you to keep herself safe. No seriously, she can't have people finding out about that.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Born in Kiri, Reina inherited the Boil Release kekkei genkai, raised by two kiri ninja who adopted her into their family instead of killing her, not wanting to kill a child. They taught her to keep her kekkei genkai secret and to use fire and water ninjutsu to throw people off. They cared for her while also warning her that Yagura wasn't someone to trust. However Reina was a genius and knew she needed to do more, invented her giant steam sword to help hide her kekkei-genkai, using it as an explanation of it being due to her own ingenuity and hard work that she was able to use the techniques without needing the bloodline. Thus she became a rising star in the kiri academy, but one day one of the other students caught her using boil release and tried to blab to the authorities about it, so she had to kill him to make sure he didn't, then threw his body into the water to pin the blame on the sharks. She knew that whenever Yagura discovered a leftover kekkei genkai hold that the Anbu took them away to do something to them, and she didn't want to find out what.

Since then she has been afraid of anyone finding out about her bloodline and seeks to rise through the ranks of Kirigakure despite secretly having a bloodline, hoping she doesn't have to kill another Kiri-Nin to keep herself alive, and thus has developed an overcompensating personality of loyalty to hide it. She has a desire to learn as many jutsu as possible, but considers its a pipe dream being too concerned with survival in Kirigakure. Thankfully her teammates are oddly oblivious and believe every word she says.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Academy three basic jutsu, Tree walking, water walking.

Taijutsu: C-Rank

Ninjutsu: B-Rank
    Is able to use both fire and water techniques as well as her own boil release, but is limited doing Boil release through her sword to keep herself from being discovered, keeping her abilities C-Rank unless circumstances allow her to go all out.

Genjutsu Defense: D-Rank

Fuinjutsu: C-Rank
    For making explosive tags and storage scrolls to store her water

Chakra Sense: Echolocation
    Is able to send out a pulse of chakra to sense where others are, often used to detect where they are in the mist for her to strike

Fire Release: Fireball Jutsu
    Blasts a fireball from her mouth at people, is destructive but doesn't do much else

Water Release: Jet Stream Jutsu
    Blasts a stream of rushing water at people from a nearby water source, but not much else

Water Release: Hiding in Mist Technique
    A common jutsu for kiri nin to learn, it shrouds the battlefield around her in thick mist, allowing her to strike from anywhere, defend from visual-based genjutsu....and use her boil release without fear.

Boil Release: Steam Burst
    Channels her chakra through her blade to blast a burst of steam from her Steam sword. Depending on where it comes from, it can be used for a variety of purposes, from attacking the foe to propelling herself.

Boil Release: Steam Crusher
    Can increase and control the pressure of the mist she makes to crush a single target with binding tentacles of mist

Boil Release: Steam Lung Burst
    Can force steam or mist inside someones body and make their lungs burst open from the pressure, killing them.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Reina's Steam Sword:
    The Steam Sword! To hear Reina tell of it, its a marvelous invention, a ninja tool that she made to replicate an entire bloodline in weapon form, using nothing but fuinjutsu and her own genius, hard work and the determination to learn both water and fire release before she graduated the academy, and that she will use to prove that no bloodline is a match for the power of science and hard work.

This is a lie. It is in fact, just a big buster sword, with a bunch of pipes that can be switched out with storage seals worked into it, to help direct the boil release chakra she channels through it for various uses, and is just a tool to deceive her own village that she is not a bloodline user:
    Propulsion Pipes:
    propels her forward when steam is blasted through them if on bottom, if on back propels blade forward to enhance the speed and power of its strike.

Forward blast pipe:
    Blasts a burst of steam from this forward facing pipe on someone foolish enough to block her big sword's slash

Extending Stab:
    The sword has two spikes on the end, and a piston within itself used to extend the top half of the blade forward real fast when steam is channeled through it to stab forward a few feet longer.

Long Blast Pipe:
    Can switch out pipes for a pipe along the sword's length that will blast the steam a longer range than the others as a ranged attack.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #303

...So, in canon Onoki, in addition to his dust release kekkei tota, also had Lava Release(as shown by his granddaughter having it and confirmed in the Novels.)

Is Reina gonna be on the Chunin exam team from Mist? Becuase if she is then I'm gonna slam Dust on Hamura(with the note that she doesn't have the training to use it yet,) and try to figure out how to work an Explosion Release User and a Magnet release user into the story just so that our main PCs can say that they've encountered every hybrid element by the time they completed their (first) Chunin exam.

Anyway, Igor, I talked with Raz in PM for a bit: Based on Orochimaru building on the Power of the White Snake to create his "I'm a giant snake made of snakes and can merge with people to extend my life" technique and the implication that Karin healing factor and heal bite were the result of Orochimaru having her Uzumaki healing ability, would you have a problem with "surgery and gene therapy to enhance someone's natural abilities to their logical extreme" being a thing that ninja scientists can do?

Becuase right now, the value of Senko's research to the village is either giving everyone a bazillion bloodlines or augmenting herself to the point that she can compete with Jinchuriki in terms of power and I imagine both things are things to avoid.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    ...So, in canon Onoki, in addition to his dust release kekkei tota, also had Lava Release(as shown by his granddaughter having it and confirmed in the Novels.)

Is Reina gonna be on the Chunin exam team from Mist? Becuase if she is then I'm gonna slam Dust on Hamura(with the note that she doesn't have the training to use it yet,) and try to figure out how to work an Explosion Release User and a Magnet release user into the story just so that our main PCs can say that they've encountered every hybrid element by the time they completed their (first) Chunin exam.
    I mean I was just putting to words what I'd already planned as a Kimiko foil long before you came along, and was just trying to fill out the roster with interesting characters.

when you put it like that, it sounds a little powergame-y for my tastes. trying to include all the hybrid elements is YOUR idea Rater, as well as including all the lava release people. I'd rather just....not force it? like come on, lets have some variation here. get some inuzuka-like animal tamers, or bug users or something.

I feel I'm against someone just having both a genkai and touta in this instance, especially when your slapping the touta, the more powerful one on somebody just because you can. just because Onoki has it doesn't mean every dust release user does. kekkei touta and kekkei genkai is a different matter than two kekkei genkai, because Touta are supposed to be more powerful. like sure it won't be important until down the line when that user busts it out, but still both lava and dust is pretty endgame shippuden. like Reina doesn't even have lava release. adding a kekkei touta on top of a genkai is pushing it Rater, reaaaallly pushing it. I'm inclined against it. really inclined against it. that might be approaching "I'm the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki AND the fourth Hokage's Son AND one of the last Uzumaki" levels of lucky there, I don't like it. just being honest, even if this gets me into a tiring long winded discussion with you over it, even though I'm already tired. the double dojutsu user is already a bit out there, like how many of these kinds of characters are you planning to introduce, like whats some good general limits we can agree upon to keep igor from freaking out?

like if nothing else "no starting with three kekkei genkai" should be the rule, and two kekkei genkai probably should be carefully considered at least. touta? Mm. I'd rather touta be something that generally if you start with it, you can't start with much of anything else. like its one of those advantages that near "I have a tailed beast in me" in terms being so big they forced everything out because you spent all your "points" to have it. like whats the downside here?

5. - Top - End - #305

I don't know: Dust and Lava are both based in fire and earth and Kekkei Tota literally means "Bloodline expansion" and requires additional training in addition to the correct genetic factors. Lava Release is apparently very common in Iwa, the idea that selective breeding and special training lets it be combined with wind for even more power isn't that hard to swallow. Alternatively, Mu "passed the secrets of Dust Release" onto Onoki, so it might not be genetic at all. Especially since there is only the one technique for it.

But yeah, I see your point. I was mostly making a joke on how oddly coincidental it would all seem to be from the character's perspective.

(I'd argue that Naruto himself really only counts as one though. Minato was to Ninja what Goku is to Saiyans and Naruto clearly did not inherit his mother's vitality.)

As for other characters... Mostly becuase those character types don't really appeal to me right now. And partly because I'm not sure when, where, or how to introduce such characters.

Honestly, off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of is a member of Sakon's clan who his or her self has created a process by which they can sort of infect someone and devour them from the inside out to gain their Chakra and DNA who acts as a foil for Senko: Unlike Senko who has a higher purpose in mind, this person simply wants more power. Their methods grant more power faster, but are significantly more unethical and are inevitably fatal in a way that's a hell of a way to die.

Possibly a recurring antagonist? Do we have a dedicated plan for the Chunin exams yet? Maybe they do an Orochimaru style "infiltrate the exam in disguise" becuase they heard that a crapload of people with bloodlines are being sent this year and it might be cool to check out the prospects, so to speak?
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-05-07 at 02:14 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

1. what- okay bloodline nonsense is making less and less sense when it comes to Iwa as you speak, you might want to stop before I start feeling emotions about it.

2. No, but I'm pretty certain we'd attend it normally. its just that, instead of it being like in canon where its this exciting event held right in the village and all the ninja are visiting us, we're a minor village so its more like
    "here ninja child, we consider you worthy enough to go into a dangerous foreign land and live potentially up to a month in another hidden village while facing a bunch of other ninja children doing everything in their power to make sure they pass over you, oh and this exam is held in Konoha, y'know those guys who hate us because we defeated them twelve years ago at the end of the Third War despite being a bunch of ragtag ninja without even a village to our name and them being the strongest village of the five shinobi nations, so if some of the adults hate you and try to screw you over, don't be surprised, go out there and earn your journeyman's jacket so you can be considered a normal rank and file soldier!"

so much the same but with less safety and more ninjas all more experienced and powerful than you from an enemy village watching you like a hawk so you don't do something stupid. an antagonist infiltrating it.....eeeeh, could be done, but y'know, lets not end it with two jinchuuriki fighting it out and a hokage dying to an S-class missing nin while an invasion happens like in canon. none of our characters would be ready for that kind of thing. especially when they'd probably be the only Sound nin around. again we haven't even had our land of waves arc equivalent (which doesn't count as C-rank mission in the least because it goes real south into A and arguably starts going S when Naruto accesses Kyuubi chakra because that could've gone much worse for everyone involved), Rater. we can plan but y'know.....still a bit of a ways away. I personally want to do a write up about Chuunin Exams in general, because they are an interesting piece of Naruto worldbuilding.

7. - Top - End - #307

...So there was a, probably noncanon, OVA that had Naruto retake the chunin exams only to get disqualified for using Senjutsu becuase it "wasn't fair" to the other kids(Which uh... The whole point of the exams is to cheat and show off so, fricking what?)

Is Senko going to have to deal with that Bullcrap, seeing as how she'd be in a village biased against her own?

I imagine that if the Chunin exams go off the rails like that it would have something to do with the Leaf village themselves since they, or at least a faction of them, are meant to be antagonists in this game, right?

I'm still thinking it over, but...

Okay, this person is probably an infamous Missing Nin, we'll probably encounter them before the Exam proper instead of copying the Orochimaru model... They're probably going to be stronger than us when we first encounter them, even with us stronger than we already are becuase we're more experienced, requiring creative applications of our powers and teamwork just to drive them off.

Foil for Senko, so... Keeping with the "Sound is Good, LEaf is bad" thing this person has a contract with a pair of Rogue Toads as Senko has/will have a contract with a specific goof of a snake.

Senko is going after bloodlines and enhancements that further her connection to nature or improve her capability as a Taijutsu user, so this person is going for less natural elements?

Their parasitism probably has the benefit of extending their lives to a degree(by say, cannibalizing the cells of their victims to revitalized their own combined with absorbing the targets life-force) so one could argue that its a form of immortality, so in addition to showing Senko how her own goals could lead to a bad place and possibly tempting her with a stronger way of getting what she wants, there's also a warning for Kimiko in how the pursuit of immortality could go.

(Possibly a foil for both of them, if this person is interested in gaining techniques in addition to special powers.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #308

Okay, putting the foil/antagonist on the backburner for now, I've got a few Bloodline/Hidden Technique proposals.

There are, in canon, no combinations for Wind and Lightning, nor Fire and Lightning.

I would like to propose that Swift Release, from NAruto Shippuden the Movie: The Will of Fire, which is about increasing the user's speed, for the purposes of this game be the combination of Lighting and Wind since both elements are associated with speed and movement.

I would also propose that "Dark Release" from the same film, (which is written with a character that better translates as "gloomy" or "ghostly") which is based on absorbing and redirecting chakra via a marking on the body be a unique, bloodline locked alternate form of Yin-Yang Release(possibly be biased more towards Yin?)

I was going to propose a "Plasma Release" based on combining Lightning and Fire but I honestly couldn't come up with things for it to do that aren't covered by other things.

I've decided to drop the Rasengan from Senko's eventual repertoire in favor of her unbalanced chakra only being a factor of her poor control instead of the whole thing. Senko just can't use Shape Transformation as well as other people, restricting her to Taijutsu, bloodline powers, and basic nature transformation. Even once her control is good enough to learn Senjutsu, she won't be able to use any Ninjutsu that isn't strict bloodline powers or pure Senjutsu without a workaround. Senko's interest in bloodlines and similar powers is thus either for the sake of directly improving her body or giving her more ways of improving her chakra control in the hope of achieving a breakthrough.

This provides a balancing factor for how quickly she'd be able to master the elements by stacking multiple elemental bloodlines on top of each other. It doens't matter that she's technically mastered water style if she can only do the basic water things or improve her preexisting abilities with it.

Spoiler: Proposed Non-Elemental Kekkei Genkai
    Show
    The Kuwaga Clan of Earth Country, during puberty, naturally... Molt, per see, developing a hard carapase which then sheds off showing that their body has changed. Common features include the growth of an additional pair of limbs, or a softer, more flexible version of the carapace before protecting the limbs and torso. Rarely, members of the clan will also possess chitinous blades on their primary arms that superficially resemble the mandibles of a stag beetle, which earns the clan its name. The clan possesses several hidden techniques that use Yang Chakra that allows those who don't naturally have the blades to produce them temporarily, as well as others that involve temporarily armoring themselves in Chitin or taking on additional beetle-like traits. A branch family instead take on the traits of rhinoceros beetles, and they have a rivalry with the main family.

A rare ability possessed by some members of several families throughout the land of Hot Water, the rezagan is a dojutsu categorized by the eye glowing a solid color when active. People with the rezagan can fire small, concentrated beams of chakra from heir pupils with an effect determined by their elemental affinity, at the cost od temporarily blinding themselves--they can't see and shoot at the same time. Rarely, someone who masters multible elements can change the effect of their rezagan.

Kaima: An artificial bloodline, created by years of genetic experiments involving combining human DNA with that of fish, amphibians, and reptiles.
    With an effort of will, someone with the synthetic Kaima bloodline can transform into a scaled form with fangs and claws and the ability to function equally well on land or in the water. Water elemental affinities are common and several hidden techniques based on Kama anatomy exist/ The bloodline can be grafted into new subjects, but the survival rate is very, very low. Most who possess it are the children of surviving test subjects.

The last one is based on the "Kaima Capture Mission" filler arc.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #309

've decided to drop the Rasengan from Senko's eventual repertoire in favor of her unbalanced chakra only being a factor of her poor control instead of the whole thing. Senko just can't use Shape Transformation as well as other people, restricting her to Taijutsu, bloodline powers, and basic nature transformation. Even once her control is good enough to learn Senjutsu, she won't be able to use any Ninjutsu that isn't strict bloodline powers or pure Senjutsu without a workaround. Senko's interest in bloodlines and similar powers is thus either for the sake of directly improving her body or giving her more ways of improving her chakra control in the hope of achieving a breakthrough.

This provides a balancing factor for how quickly she'd be able to master the elements by stacking multiple elemental bloodlines on top of each other. It doens't matter that she's technically mastered water style if she can only do the basic water things or improve her preexisting abilities with it.
    To Further clarify what I mean by this, since Senko would only be able to use Nature Transportation at the most it would merely enhance her sage transformations.

So, for example, with Wind Style, she might be able to make blades and claws that are sharper than normal, or like, Jugu was able to make rocket packs and canons so maybe enhancing that with raw wind.

Fire would like, be superheating herself or maybe at higher levels generating an organic flame thrower.

Water, I imagine, is more fluid forms with the upper levels being an imitation of the Hydration technique. Maybe water spouts?

Earth would be hardening her body and making bigger, stronger bludgeons.

Lightning would be increased speed and pricing power.

Lava it really depends on what kind of Lava, but I've talked about it to a limited degree before.

Wood would be transformations with plantlike traits(and the Senju healing factor) with higher levels of proficiency maybe improving chakra absorption once Senko figures that out.

Ice... Honestly, I have a mental image of some kind of biomechanical interface that sucks up air and let Senko spout a gale of arctic wind. Scorch would be the same as Desert Winds.

Storm: Probably only usable as basic transformation until higher levels, unless Senko gets really good at Chakra canons.

Boil: Jugu creates rockets for improved jumps or adding power to his punches. Presumably, boil would be more of the same of that, maybe augmenting an attack with corrosive steam. I imagine that explosion would be similar.

Swift: would probably be the same as regular swift release, improved speed.

Going by the movie, steel release involves turning into metal so basically just that.

I'll have to get back to you on Magnet and dark release.

The idea is that each one adds power and versatility to her basic abilities, but even with perfect chakra control and complete mastery of that form of Nature Transformation her lack of Shape Manipulation means that she can't equal full-scale techniques, requiring the use of combinations of techniques or special tactics.

(Dojutsu and bodily transformations function normally.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah some elements just seem to be a basic element but better or stronger, I don't think there is much of a way around it, unless you study real hard into science to figure out how say, plasma in general is not fire or lightning or whatever.

and yeah, horizontal progression, seems good.

those kekkei genkai sound cool. regrettably, I'm not too good at coming up with non-elemental bloodlines myself? I'm not sure how to design them, or what the logic is to such kekkei genkai in general.

11. - Top - End - #311

I've also considered the idea that since she doesn't have Shape Transformation she'd need Hyuga(or Moon Otsusuki) DNA to use Sage Mode, not so much for the eyes itself but becuase they also have complete awareness and control of the various tenketsu within the user's body and that would be invaluable for getting the consistency and balance of her chakra right.

Bloodlines, in general, are divided into three categories.

Dojutsu, which are powers and/or special, inherent techniques tied to the eyes(technically all Jutsu used through the eye are Dojutsu, but usually it refers to bloodlines.)

Advanced Elemental Affinities, which we've covered.

And Full Body, which is "you can do a weird thing and your whole body is built from the ground up to do it." The reason Kimimoro died, in canon, was becuase his entire body is built at at least the cellular level to account for his Bone Control with every part of his body differing from the human norm in some way. When he got sick, Kabuto couldn't figure out how to cure him becuase his body was just that different. Sakkon and Ukon can survive having their cells and proteins reduced down to their component molecules becuase breaking themselves down and putting themselves back together is how their bloodline works.

So my Kuwaga clan, if you split them open, probably have inhuman innards, possibly similar to an insects.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-05-11 at 05:43 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

about the chunnin exams, I think the history of the villages alone might provide tension.

Also, I plan for the man who massacred Usagi's village to be there- and his son. (Hyugas)

Also also, I think me and Raziere, thought that this Konoha is controled by the Root
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Is anyone up for the possiblity of moving this to discord or Mythweavers?

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    about the chunnin exams, I think the history of the villages alone might provide tension.

Also, I plan for the man who massacred Usagi's village to be there- and his son. (Hyugas)

Also also, I think me and Raziere, thought that this Konoha is controled by the Root
    Yea, pretty much, this is what is planned.

The idea is very much that we're focusing more on Naruto as a world and less as a backdrop for its powers and story of its two chosen ones- chosen ones that no longer exist. thus the main tension is what the results of the Chuunin Exams will even be, because its not "just" a tournament. Its a substitution for war and what determines which Genin get to be Chuunin earlier and thus how fast they go in their training, thus determining how a villages strength grows. thus, the genin we meet in this Exam will determine relationships for years to come, because any one of them could be the next kage, or legendary ninja and if it turns out that ends up hurting you down the line because you like slighted some ninja from a different village during the second exam or something that grudge could lead to them doing things against you when your doing something far more serious. its petty, but thats what could happen, conversely you could make friends with someone and they'd be more inclined to help you down the line, which is just as personal and biased just in a positive direction.

so its like, your meeting all these people for the first time, when they are kids....and unless you decide to kill them- which WILL tick off their clans and teammates by the way they'll remember that and go for spite forever afterwards- they're going to grow up with this being the main impression of you later. a lot could be determined by the Chuunin Exam, long before the stuff it affects could ever happen. so past and future tension here.

15. - Top - End - #315

So, Senko introducing herself as the next Sage of the Six Paths and/or openly admitting to stealing bloodlines would probably cause problems for the Sound Village?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #316

forgive the recent double post, but I was inspired by the convo in the DB thread.

First, form comparison, Dark Release from Canon(well, a Movie) as I interpret it
    Spoiler: Dark Release
    Show
    Dark Release, also known as Shade Style, has a misleading name. Rather than Darkness, the style is a ghostly power(written with characters that refer to gloom and ghostliness) that works by consuming and redirecting chakra.

Dark Release is a unique combination of Yin Release and Yang Release, biased towards Yin, found within a rare handful of bloodlines.

Unique Among Elemental Releases, Dark Release carries a physical marker on the body, a tattoo-like pattern on the left hand. Dark Release can drain physical and spiritual energy, the Yin and Yang, of a target, even from a distance, as well as absorb Ninjutsu. Ths chakra can be stored and analyzed, temporarily giving the user the ability to replicate the techniques of user and use their elemental affinity(Though limited to the user's own ability to use shape and nature manipulation) or expelled to generate ghostly, cold burning flames. Other similar techniques are possible, but these are he most infamous and for the most part are all one needs.

Sage Transformation: Rather than grant any additional means of transforming, Dark Release would Grant Senko or another member of her clan an improved ability to absorb Chakra and an improved ability to integrate chakra into themselves. More advanced uses would allow for the projection of ghostly flames via chakra canons

And now, two of my own creation
    Spoiler: Vibrant Release
    Show
    Vibrant release, also known as Light style(not to be confused with Yang Release) is a unique combination of Yin release and Yang release, biased towards Yang, found among a rare handful of bloodlines, Unique among Elemental Bloodlines, it possesses a physical mark upon the body, a tattoo-like pattern on the right hand.

Unlike most techniques, which consume the user's chakra, Vibrant Release instead generates physical and spiritual energy which can then be imbued in others via contact with the hand marking.. Many variations of common medical ninjutsu are created that use the generated energy in place of the user's chakra, while more advanced forms of nature transformation can temporarily imbue life and spirit into a non-living thing.

It is also possible, though rare, for the users to consume the energy themselves to heal themselves or even drain the chakra from others to convert into their unique spiritual and physical energy.

Sage Transformation Vibrant Release would improve the power of things like transferring chakra to others or improving the odds of being able to safely use Cellular Regeneration Expulsion to heal people if they aren't fully compatible with the User's DNA. It also improves general health and vitality.

Spoiler: Void Release
    Show
    An incredibly rare Kekkei Tota that can be learned by the even rarer person who possesses both Dark Release and Vibrant Release and has fully mastered them both, Void Release, also known a Chaos Release, seems almost a parody of Yin-Yang Release.

At its most basic level, Void Release combines and enhances the powers of its parent elements, allowing the user to channel the techniques of Dark Release and Vibrant Release through either bloodline's marking. Chakra or other forms of physical and spiritual energy absorbed using Dark Release can be converted into the unique energy of Vibrant Release at 100% efficiency. The energy can also be tapped to generate ghostly flames even if the user hasn't absorbed chakra.

However, the True Power of Void Release is the clashing of Life and Death to create Chaos, the Primal Void from which all else sprung. Similarly to Yin-Yang Release, Void can create from nothing or destroy utterly, but... It always seems wrong. As though someone is trying to emulate the act of creation that birthed the world but they're doing it wrong.

Objects created by Void Release cannot be dispelled with chakra, like an illusion, or force, like a Shadow Clone, but at the same time have no permanence and vanish as soon as the creator stops concentrating on them. Living creatures created by Void Release are always twisted and evil, feeling no sympathy or empathy as though they lack souls(Void Clones are a bad idea)

Objects that are erased likewise come back when the focus is lost... Though somewhat worse for wear. People who come back from this can't explain where they went or what happened to them, but always seem at least briefly traumatized. The only exception is fatal injuries inflicted with void release energies. Solid constructs inflict wounds as normal, while pure chakra attacks that banish part of the body, if doing so kills the target, leaves them dead even when the parts come back.

Looking upon constructs created with Void Release using Dojutsu or other chakra sensing powers tends to leave the user confused and with a migraine, as though they can't comprehend the construct and even trying is painful.

Void Release is incompatible with Sage Transformation, though its basic most abilities can be replicated or imitated by a sage Transformation User with its component bloodlines.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-05-12 at 06:33 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

So, Senko introducing herself as the next Sage of the Six Paths and/or openly admitting to stealing bloodlines would probably cause problems for the Sound Village?
    ...Yes.

This has been Obvious Statement Theatre.

like stealing bloodlines is A-Rank mission kind of thing, meaning if your doing that your doing something that has high risk and politics around it, but isn't anything particularly world-changing and anything involving the Sage of the Six Paths is outright S-Rank.

as for the new releases: hm. oh I see what these are. I get it, these are more balanced, plausible ways to achieve the needed chakra for stuff. or like a....Silvally to the Sage's Arceus. still seem a bit high level and rare though.

in response here is my rough ideas for kekkei toutas that are nowhere near as good or detailed:

Spoiler: Theoretical Kekkei Toutas
    Show

None of these have been confirmed to exist aside from Blood Release, as kekkei touta are so rare as to be either science fiction or legend. Indeed even finding a single individual with these touta would be a marvelous discovery, A or even S-Rank in nature. Nonetheless, myths and legends about their existence persist.

Earth:
    Glass Release (Earth/Lightning/Water):
    In theory this bloodline can create glass like ice release, but are more durable and can both be reflective and transparent as the ninja desires, as well be incredibly sharp weapons and protective barriers even against Dust release

Rust Release (Earth/Water/Wind):
    In theory this bloodline would spread a corrosive energy that spreads rust and rot wherever it goes, inflicting things with decay that hurts them over time. It would be slow and corrosive and used for traps and environmental control than attack

Blood Release (Earth/Water/Fire):
    In theory it would control over flesh and bones, able to use them for abilities related to phoenixes like growing wings or healing and even rebirth. It is the growth counterpart to Rust.

Fission Release (Earth/Fire/Lightning):
    In theory this release would create radioactive materials that fill the area with gamma radiation and is capable of being set off to create atomic explosions of various sizes. Its dangerous and if discovered would be a kinjutsu by its very nature because there is no guarantee the user is immune to the radiation.

Moon Release (Earth/Lightning/Wind):
    In theory this release would manipulate a silvery liquid lunar energy to alter the flow of gravity like water as well as reshape peoples forms and acts as a medium for a madness genjutsu

Fire:
    Sun Release (Fire/Lightning/Wind):
    In theory this release would allow you to create miniature suns of burning plasma to blast at foes and fire laser beams in general, as well as blind them with flashes of light. The most DBZ of all the releases and thus probably the hardest if not outright impossible to obtain for this game.

Transmutation Release (Fire/Water/Wind):
    In theory this is the counterpart to Dust Release, assembling particles together instead of tearing them apart, capable of assembling materials from surrounding particles like FMA Alchemy.

Wave Release (Fire/Water/Lightning):
    In theory this manipulates Waves- any kind of wave. Sound waves, light waves both visible and non visible, vibrations, and so on. They can use this release to sense things through all these waves and manipulate these waves to attack people.

Water:
    Rainbow Release (Water/Lightning/Wind):
    In theory this release would create rainbows with mystical, dream like effects, with every color having a different effect and that the user can flexibly use each one for different purposes, but its not clear what. Is the most mysterious of these theoretical kekkei touta
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-05-13 at 10:34 AM.

18. - Top - End - #318

You might want to think of a different name for Particle Release, becuase that's the literal translation of Dust Release's characters, but otherwise those all look cool.

As for the proposed releases... Not what I was going for, actually. I was inspired by the discussion on chaos in the Dragon Ball thread, like how it can mean either complete randomness or the primordial void depneind on context and the only way to really represent "Chaos" as a power is to either be generic reality warping or just something that doesn't have rules.

I figured that Void Release fit the theme better than Chaos Style, and I kind of went... BAsically, High-Level Yin-Yang Release, but wrong. This is not how those things are meant to fit together and it only superficially resembles what's supposed to happen.

Since I'd made speculation on Dark Release, I created Vibrant Release as a counterpart and made Void Release as Tota that could only be used by someone who had both and mastered both.

It being the Silvally of The Age's Arceus was not intended, but if it works it works...

Actually, edit, Pokemon gives a good example: You've got the Toa Trio, The Dragon who couldn't decide between whether it's better to live by Truth or by One's Ideals and so split itself in two along it's Yin and Yang sending one to represent Truth and the other Ideals. You've got a Yin, and Yang... And then you've got Kyurem, who embodies the Toaist concept of Wuji, or "Void." The crashing of Life and Death against each other created nothingness, and from that nothingness comes a twisted parody of creation, just as Kyurem is the reanimated corpse of the original dragon, clearly damaged and incomplete and wrong. Void Release is a creation with neither Life(Yang) or Spirit(Yin.)

Though I did consider making it so that Senko can't get Tailed Beast Chakra via cell transplanting(She could get Gohan's Lava Nature, but not his Four Tails Chakra) and that she'd need to figure out direct chakra absorption and enhance herself with Dark Release to be able to integrate Tail Beast Chakra(Becuase Tailed Beasts Chakra is caustic, she'd automatically convert it to match her own to avoid getting hurt and this would be a reflexive process) which is another Road Block to her achieving perfect Senjutsu.

As For Stealing Bloodlines, a thought that occurred to me?
    Spoiler
    Show
    People leave their cells all over the place.

Blood, spit, sweat, hair, skin... Just normal, everyday people leave that all over the place as a side effect of going about their days. Ninja, who exercise and spar regularly? It doesn't stay viable long, but you really only need cells, going by Kabuto's research.

It might be a lot easier than A-Rank if someone knows what they're doing.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-05-13 at 02:00 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

Okay. Chaos works to. Edited Particle to be Transmutation Release.

Spoiler
    Show
    well yeah, you probably could if you knew how that forensic DNA thing works. its just that, forensic DNA analysis wasn't developed until 1984 in our world. Naruto's tech is still somewhere in the 40-50's about, so if you do figure out how to do the forensic DNA thing like that, its going to be cutting edge science. and probably dangerous to know since many clans have no reason to let that sort of knowledge be spread. ninja already do things like send Hunter-Nin to go out, killing missing nin and dispose of the body so that other ninja can't obtain information from them, imagine how they'll react when you figure out how to get DNA from a fingerprint they left behind: with a combination of trying to take it for themselves because its an advantage and killing you because obviously they can't let this information get out. because they want to stay in power and not let others get it. like ninja realizing that anything they touch with their bare hands could be used to get information on kekkei genkai now would be a major collective paranoia scare moment for the shinobi world. with a sudden interest in cleanliness and gloves on the side. so if you want to do that, you better keep it secret as much as you can. its possible and plausible, just know that your ahead of the times if you do.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-05-13 at 10:35 AM.

20. - Top - End - #320

Spoiler
    Show
    It does work pretty well as a handwave, though, for matters of collection. Senko could get everything she needs off-screen during the Chunin Exam and then just not cultivate the abilities until after she's safely at home.

Of course, that much doesn't matter if we never get to the Chunin exams...

I don't intend to give Senko Paper release on the grounds that I don't want too much PC overlap, but for the sake of completeness, I imagine that it would mostly amount to a recreation of Konan's ability to turn physically into paper. I'm honestly not sure what good that would amount to.

Anyway, for approval, I present someone who could be anything from an antagonist working for root.

Spoiler: Fudo Hyuuga
    Show
    Name:Fudo Hyuuga
    Height: 5'0''
    Weight: Average for active boy his age who regularly engages in rigorous exercise.
    species: Human
    Station: Leaf Genin.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fudo Hyuuga is a young man with fair skin and bluish-black hair that he wars long. He has a somewhat muscular build, at least in so far as a boy in his mid-teens can have, and has notable scars on his knuckles.

However, his most distinctive trait is that his eyes are different colors. His left eye is black or very dark brown, while his right eye is solid white, sclera, iris, and pupil.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fudo has two families that, as far as he's concerned, have both abandoned him. He lived his childhood in a group home for orphans and was bullied mercilessly by both his foster siblings(who were always perfect little angels when the matron was around) and his classmates at the Ninja Academy for his heterochromatin. The death of his only friend(who was also the only blood relative he had that, as far as he could tell, gave a damn about him) was the straw that broke the camel's back.

This has led him to be bitter and resentful and in his darkest days he dreams of vengeance on the two families that cast him out and the village that allows it: He is a Leaf Ninja simply becuase he had no better prospects.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fudo was the son of one Haruki Hyuuga, of the Branch family, and one Fujita Uchiha, two young members of their respective clans who bonded over their respective distaste for their clan's politics, policies, and traditions. Haruki as a woman of the Branch family had to deal with a lot of bullcrap knowing that she could be tortured or killed at any time by the Main family of the Hyuuga Elders and Fujita honestly just didn't like the hierarchy of his family or their place in the village. They first bonded, after a rocky start, as genin and as they grew older and closer they fell in love. They eloped as soon as they could legally wed, Fujita taking his wife's name to spite his own family, and due to maliciously abusing a bunch of legal loopholes and interactions between clan interactions were able to live a happy life free of harassment.

However, all good things must come to an end, five years after he birth of their son, Fujita and Haruki were called on a resonance mission and, well, the recon mission needed recon of its own. They never came home.

The same loopholes that prevented them from being harassed by their respective clans also prevented either clan from taking Fudo in: Unless one clan gave up their rights over him, the other couldn't adopt him and neither family was willing to forsake their flame to his eyes or genes, resulting in him being made a ward of the state.

It wasn't all bad. His two families forsook him as a cost of not forsaking him, but... His father, had a sister. A much younger sister, who would sneak out to visit her little nephew becuase she's secretly admired her brother's rebellious attitude.

Akemi Uchiha would secretly train her nephew and despite being several years older than him was, perhaps, his only friend. He was excited to show his aunt his headband when he graduated the academy, but she'd been sent on a long term mission... the rest of her squad came back, but she did not, and that was the straw that broke Fudo's back, now he wanted revenge against the system that left him alone.

Story So Far
    Spoiler
    Show
    N/A

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Taijutsu: Officially only C-Rank, using the basic academy style. In truth he's B-Rank, almost A-Rank, having snuck into the Hyuuga compound and observed members of the clan training, then practiced the Juken in isolation to master what he's stolen. As he sees it, those techniques are his by birthright and if the Clan doesn't want him to have them they can go screw themselves.

Ninjutsu: Fudo has an elemental affinity for fire and knows several of the Uchiha Clan's fire techniques. Some taught to him by his aunt, but some of them stolen from the other family that cared more about his eyes that his well being. This is in addition to the basic three techniques.

Genjutsu: Fudo can use the more subtle applications of Sharingan Genjutsu but that's about it.

Dojutsu: Fudo has a Sharingan in one eye and a Byakugan in the other. His eyes invert, his white eye becoming a Sharingan and his black eye turning solid white with veins bulging around it. He only has half of the Byakugan's area vision and his Sharingan's visual prowess are hampered by only having the one, but he's gotten very good at using them together.

After realizing that his aunt was dead, Fudo developed an ability that he calls his "red and gold" eyes. Both eyes turn solid gold except for a red pupil and wheel of tomo, with veins buldging around both eyes. In this state Fudo possesses the ability of both the Sharingan and Byakugan in both eyes, but even having this power active causes pain to both eyes and greatly increases the drain that Dojutsu use has on his Chakra reserves so he saves it for when he really, really needs to see that well.

Techniques:

Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique: User expels from the mouth either a ball or a continuous stream of flame of variable size. Fudo knows several variations on this technique as well.

Eight Trigrams X Palms: A Juken technique where one imagines themselves standing in the center of an eight trigrams formation and striking at one or more people located within the formation in order to seal their tenketsu, which hampers their ability to use chakra and damages their organs while leaving the rest of the body unharmed, in a specific order. Fudo can use this up to Sixty Four "palms" to seal 64 tenketsu.

Eight Trigrams Vacuum Palm: The user forces chakra out of the tenketsu in their palm in order to generate a blast of air and force.

Fire Release: Eight Trigrams Vacuum Palm: Fudo's own creation, he transforms his chakra into the fire nature before using Vacuum Palm causing it to ignote, adding flesh-burning flame to the raw concussive force of the original technique.

Other Info
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fudo carries multible storage scrolls full of kunai and shuriken. He doesn't like being unarmed.

Fudo could be anything from a bitter kid who gets exploited by an antagonist to an antagonist in his own right to an ally who defects to the Sound Village becuase we happened to be polite to him during the exam and express views he finds agreeable. It really depends on how things go.

His Red and Gold Eyes are a mutant form of Mangekyo that trades overpowered techniques for harmonizing his eyes, though it still has the drawback of putting a great deal of strain on his eyes.

(He should theoretically be able to use Susanoo, but as a Genin his reserves are far, far too low.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Mmmm.

Rater your really doing work to try and stretch the limits of my rankings here. I mean already having Mangekyo AND Susanoo even if his chakra reserves doesn't allow it? an ability that explicitly only works if you have mastered the mangekyo sharingan ability in BOTH eyes, when only have ONE? furthermore, the tragedy he got Mangekyo from was his aunt not coming back? Mm. seems a little weak, I mean yeah she is dead and I get that it'd be devastating, but there is a distance there, he didn't see or participate in whatever was involved with it himself. when all/most the examples we have are pretty close by, even with Sasuke who got his Mangekyo through a lecture, that has an element of that he still FOUGHT Itachi then got the truth loaded on him. there is an element of "I SAW them die" to it.

that and there is the whole thing about the tomoe. technically we've never seen a sharingan go mangekyo without being fully matured with all three tomoe first, and Sasuke developing tomoe was given at least some emphasis that it was enhancing his skills the more he got tomoe, and the situations he obtained the tomoe being intense battle like ones. which says to me that the mangekyo sharingan recipe requires more than just a sharingan and dead loved one, it requires a sharingan that has been strengthened/refined through battle, because I doubt a sharingan with only one or two tomoe would get the desired result when trying for Mangekyo. it doesn't seem like something that would allow you to SKIP. Even pathetic Ol' Tobito needed to see his never-girlfriend die before his eyes as she threw herself in front of her crushes one hit kill attack so as to save her village from herself.

because a genin already having mangekyo sharingan without experiencing much battle is like skipping over C-A ranks to get the S-Rank ability. like even achieving the basic Sharingan requires some battle or big emotion to happen, and your telling me that he already has mangekyo without even a single death or battle under his belt? thats nonsense. I'm not allowing that big of a skip. try again, that backstory is too weak, it has to be stellar for that kind of thing. as it is I'd allow him to have only one tomoe from that backstory, especially for a genin, the other two tomoe and mangekyo he has to earn. like its okay if you want a JONIN who is older to start with mangekyo and some actual tragic backstory, but as it is boo freaking hoo kid, lots of ninja kids probably experiences their parents taking a long walk off a short mission eventually.

I like I know what your trying to go for here, trying to use mangekyo as explanation for both working at normal capacity, thus throwing out overpowered S-rank techniques as a balancing measure, but how he obtained it, is not consistent with how its actually obtained and how much pain one goes through to get a mangekyo, or even a normal sharingan. got to do better than that, sorry.

22. - Top - End - #322

Itachi got it when Shinsui committed suicide as part of a plan to get back at Danzo and Sasuke got it when he realized that his brother loved him and was forced to commit the massacre shortly after Itachi succumbed to his illness during their fight.

We don't have details on anyone else, but it seems to be caused just by the death of someone important to you. It also doesn't have to be immediate, it can activate the latter as the realization hit you.

As for the basic Sharingan... In the original Manga, Sarada got the Sharingan from anticipation of meeting her father for the first time, while in the Anime adaption of that story its said that she got it from the sadness of growing up without him.

In my head, Fudo's basic Sharingan activated when he was little and his parents didn't come home and he was put in the system and all of the emotional turmoil that came from that, it developed from regular use, and his Mangekyo activated when the same thing happened to the aunt who was both his only friend and the only member of either family who seemed to give a damn about him, leaving him completely. The Tomoe... Honestly, the Tomoe doesn't seem to be tied to the user's skill, it just seems to be "Stress and/or using the Sharingan enough makes it develop."

Sasuke seems to get more skilled when it develops but that's just becuase a more developed Sharingan lets him better read and react to people's movements.

And Susanoo... That's more a consequence of how it works. You get Susanoo when you activate the unique power of each eye, he has a unique power in each eye... But he physically can't use even the basic power becuase he doesn't have enough chakra for even a small part of the skeleton.

Think of him as being like a Neji type: He's a Genin in his first Chunin exam who is way beyond what a rookie genin should be and is probably going to take on an antagonistic role. Like how Neji had already mastered Jonin techniques that are supposed to be exclusive to the head of the Main House of the Hyuuga clan.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Itachi got it when Shinsui committed suicide as part of a plan to get back at Danzo and Sasuke got it when he realized that his brother loved him and was forced to commit the massacre shortly after Itachi succumbed to his illness during their fight.

We don't have details on anyone else, but it seems to be caused just by the death of someone important to you. It also doesn't have to be immediate, it can activate the latter as the realization hit you.

As for the basic Sharingan... In the original Manga, Sarada got the Sharingan from anticipation of meeting her father for the first time, while in the Anime adaption of that story its said that she got it from the sadness of growing up without him.

In my head, Fudo's basic Sharingan activated when he was little and his parents didn't come home and he was put in the system and all of the emotional turmoil that came from that, it developed from regular use, and his Mangekyo activated when the same thing happened to the aunt who was both his only friend and the only member of either family who seemed to give a damn about him, leaving him completely. The Tomoe... Honestly, the Tomoe doesn't seem to be tied to the user's skill, it just seems to be "Stress and/or using the Sharingan enough makes it develop."

Sasuke seems to get more skilled when it develops but that's just becuase a more developed Sharingan lets him better read and react to people's movements.

And Susanoo... That's more a consequence of how it works. You get Susanoo when you activate the unique power of each eye, he has a unique power in each eye... But he physically can't use even the basic power becuase he doesn't have enough chakra for even a small part of the skeleton.

Think of him as being like a Neji type: He's a Genin in his first Chunin exam who is way beyond what a rookie genin should be and is probably going to take on an antagonistic role. Like how Neji had already mastered Jonin techniques that are supposed to be exclusive to the head of the Main House of the Hyuuga clan.
    1. Yes, he is getting better at reading movements. thats why we have ranks to measure how good people are at doing things. C-rank is First Tomoe, B-Rank is Two Tomoe, and A-Rank is Three Tomoe, S-Rank is Mangekyo. yes it isn't tied to the user skill, but it has measurable ranks of power, that has a beneficial effect on the users skill at fighting. you don't get to compress all that into one tier of sharingan and ignore those rankings.

2. a unique power in each SHARINGAN eye. Byakugan is not sharingan.

3. okay sure, but I have to be consistent with the rules of how sharingan works, and how I intend for it work is that obeys the ranking system in its own way to make sure it ISN'T an easy road to some crazy unique power that could make all this get real ridiculous real quick. again I ask you: whats the limit of ridiculousness Rater? there needs to be one. I can't have you defining how this is balanced on your own, or let whatever ridiculous thing you think is fine just go unchecked.

4. I'm thinking I should ban these "technically has but is a later unlock" shenanigans your trying to do. because its all too easy to say the first stressful battle unlocks it suddenly for no reason, or for someone to come along in play and suddenly offer a bunch of chakra to do susanoo. its lot of a stuff that can get into canon Naruto shenanigans real fast and we don't want that actually. I want to keep shenanigans like this to a minimum.

5. as for Sarada, that Boruto canon. I don't think thats an appropriate tone for what we're going for, because Boruto is soft and toothless compared to Naruto as a series. it just feels like a very weak justification for it to me, because that sort of reasoning would make mangekyo sharingan as common as a dirt among the Uchiha when its supposed to be this legendary powerful unique thing, what is this some mangekyo bargain bin sale? Sasuke knew/saw his entire family die and didn't activate sharingan or his mangekyo. and yet Sarada can get it from just being kinda lonely/excited? get out that out of here, try again. your skimping me, Fuudo hasn't paid enough for what he has. I can't take his pain or struggle seriously, considering that it makes Obito's backstory look good by comparison thats an achievement.
    like do people in the village dislike him for being a mismatched eye freak? do kids shun him for being different? oh they do, bullies, okay that even its up a little....

but still this seems like a very "technical, by the letter of the law, lightest possible cost to get this" interpretation of how the sharingan works, which I don't agree with. your trying to haggle this down to get it as fast as possible, which I don't like. its cheap Rater, I don't like it when you try to make things cheap, and I'm not going to allow things being made cheap. this should have more of a cost at the very least.

24. - Top - End - #324

If Fudo is in a battle that's stressful enough to force him to use Susanoo(a power he doesn't even know about) as a genin then he'll probably drop dead from either chakra exhaustion or going into shock from severe stress and damage to literally every cell in his body. He'd maybe be able to block one attack before he died anyway. Becuase he's a Genin.

That isn't playing fast and loose with the rules. I was trying to say "technically, by a strict reading of the rules, he should have this but he physically can't use it so it's not an issue."

The idea behind his Gold and Red Eyes is that they're the ace in the hole he pulls out when he feels he needs to win and only then becuase it hurts to use them. It's like Neji pulling out the Heavenly Rotation.

I've built him to be comparable to Neji. If you don't think that the PCs will be able to handle a Neji level opponent by the time of the Chunin Exam then that's a different problem entirely.

As for Boruto being toothless? It opens up with the statement that someone is going to kill Naruto. Beyond that, most of the anime is composed of anime-only scenes that are supposedly canonical but are also written so that they don't contradict manga chapters that take place after them. It's basically the same problem as the post valley of the end pre Shippuden naruto anime: There's nothing to adapt but they can't do anything too daring.

As for Sasuke: He activated his basic Sharingan when he realized his whole family was dead but blanked it out due to trauma. This is shown explicitly in a flashback.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Yes he is Neji level and that can be handled. I get that. this is not about how strong he is. its about the process which I'm not going to play edge case technicalities with. you want this, you got to pay an actual price, no matter how bad the return you get on it. I'm not satisfied with the price he has paid, its not enough. Mangekyo regardless of the actual ability requires a high price, and shouldn't be a backstory that can be summed up as "boy gets mangekyo sharingan by doing nothing."

26. - Top - End - #326

He's an NPC.

Literally everything he does is backstory until the PCs get to him.

Also, Obito, Sasuke, and Itachi all got their Mangekyo by doing nothing. Their Mangekyo activated in response to the actions of others and the feeling of loss and grief that comes with it. Fudo's Mangekyo isn't anywhere near as powerful as a normal one and if anything has a higher cost: Mangekyo normally makes your basic Sharingan powers better and gives you powerful techniques that strain your eyes if you use them. You can theoretically run around with Mangekuo active 24/7 f you have the Chakra and won't go blind as long as you aren't throwing around your special powers.

Fudo's gives him a minor passive power that amounts to closing up most of his blind spots and is constantly straining his eyes whether he's using any special eye techniques or not. His vision gets a little worse every time he uses it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

He's an NPC.

Literally everything he does is backstory until the PCs get to him.

Also, Obito, Sasuke, and Itachi all got their Mangekyo by doing nothing. Their Mangekyo activated in response to the actions of others and the feeling of loss and grief that comes with it. Fudo's Mangekyo isn't anywhere near as powerful as a normal one and if anything has a higher cost: Mangekyo normally makes your basic Sharingan powers better and gives you powerful techniques that strain your eyes if you use them. You can theoretically run around with Mangekuo active 24/7 f you have the Chakra and won't go blind as long as you aren't throwing around your special powers.

Fudo's gives him a minor passive power that amounts to closing up most of his blind spots and is constantly straining his eyes whether he's using any special eye techniques or not. His vision gets a little worse every time he uses it.
    Your missing the point here. all those characters had something they were pursuing, they did things, they had pain and circumstances surrounding it that made it meaningful. this is just a boy unknowingly waiting for other people to give him trauma, basically. its passive, its weak, it just so weak as justification to me, its the most lightest backstory for a mangekyo I've ever heard, on par with some of the ways fan fiction does to make Sasuke get off lightly.

if your going to insist on this specific backstory regardless, I am not going to be sympathetic to him in the least and he is going to get nothing but my characters making fun of him relentlessly. if your trying to make me hate him as an antagonist, you succeeded.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-05-14 at 05:17 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328

How about I just scrap him then, since what I'm going for clearly doesn't fit the game?

Edit: Okay, in hindsight that seems more aggressive than I thought it would be.

What I was going for was an antagonist who could maybe become an ally in the future, someone who, like Neji, had a great deal of resentment over his lot in life, but I didn't want to rehash the "oh, no, I was wrong" thing becuase, honestly, no, sometimes there's good reason to be resentful.

But if what I was going for doesn't work then it doesn't work. that's not a problem, I'll come up with something else.

Edit 2: Changing topics, weird idea: Fringe heretical cult allies with the Sound Village becuase they erroneously believe that one of the PCs is the Reincarnation of the Sage of the Six Paths but they don't know which.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-05-14 at 04:28 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

How about I just scrap him then, since what I'm going for clearly doesn't fit the game?
    So what your saying this character is so important to you, that you need it exactly, or your not going to play it? No middle ground? cause that I usually only be that binary that for characters I REALLY want to play.

like I'd okay with it if:
    -the mangekyo wasn't achieved yet
    -if it wasn't a mangekyo ability and its just something that can't be classified along sharingan or byakugan lines
    -if he wasn't a Genin and went through something harsher to get it.

because if its a mangekyo ability, it has be held to the other standards of mangekyo. and mangekyo sharingan is S-Rank. its that powerful and significant and costly, we shouldn't confuse and muddy it by making some mangekyo weaker and easier to achieve than others.

Edit: okay maybe I was a little aggressive too, lets just try to work this out.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-05-14 at 05:15 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

For now, to me those characters aren't relevant yet.
    I am not sure there is a need to worry about those things.

For example, I was very anti shipuuden-ish and Boruto-ish, but got more 'centrist' .
    I mostly think about soldier children, bitterness of generations.

To me,the battles and techniques should SUPPORT those concepts.
    like for Usagi,it mostly about a girl who did a wrong thing. She messed up with a dangerous technique, you can point at her and tell others- 'don't be like her'
    she killed her family, lost her legs and sanity.
    With determination, she manages to pull something out of this.
    She sinned, paid the price, and living with it.
    So her techniques centered around her exprience in the Rabbit Kingdom and her ways to go pass her inabilities.

Clan Mayuwi use open palm techniques, which symbolize, them blocking and deflceting new ideas, and also sort of Ottokage's version of Hyuga.

Maybe I am going 'too soft' on the technicalities, but for now I am not worried about those things, too much.

About cult in Otokage, it sound cool to me. And it's possible.
    This Otokage is based on broken ninjas of all sorts of kinds.

------
    My previouse Avater