New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

.....well if Igor is okay with it, I'm okay with it to.

I should get around to making more underdog type characters. make sure we have some Genin out to screw with all the overpowered nobles and such.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Not exactly ok, just thinking that all of that is so far ahead, that irrelvant to worry about it right now.
    I believe, character concepts can work, with one power more or less, it shouldn't be a big deal for the story.

I just saying we should focus on closer things.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Not exactly ok, just thinking that all of that is so far ahead, that irrelvant to worry about it right now.
    I believe, character concepts can work, with one power more or less, it shouldn't be a big deal for the story.

I just saying we should focus on closer things.
    Very well.

speaking of closer things, whats the rate on learning a single jutsu? Given that I'm playing a character who will probably be learning a lot, I would like some opinion on how long learning a single one should take beyond "timeskip or whatever".

4. - Top - End - #334
    Colossus in the Playground

Honestly? It probably depends on who is learning what Jutsu.

Naruto was able to get good enough at the Rasengan that his Shadow Clone workaround was effective within a few weeks--a month tops, while Konahamaru is implied to have taken the full three years+whatever time is between the start of the Shipudden era and Pain's attack. Naruto struggles with most techniques even though he mastered an A-Rank Kinsjustu in just a few hours, tops.

So there is no curve, it seems.

For the purposes of this game, I'd say that you shouldn't pull new techniques out of your butt in the middle of a fight without clearing it with the other players first but otherwise to just go with what feels right.

Like, Senko? In my head the Sage Transformation Abilities I have written down aren't the only things she can do, they're just what she's most comfortable with and has practice using. I'm not gonna have her do something different without clearing it or like if she's in her Berserk Form and doesn't much care what she does as long as its violent.(Which I've alluded to in the description of the form.)

I would not begrudge you for doing something similar with Paper Release or Usagi the same with some kind of rabbit-summon based technique(Like Orochimaru's Snake hands or Jiraiya summoning a toad's stomach)
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #335

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Edit 2: Changing topics, weird idea: Fringe heretical cult allies with the Sound Village becuase they erroneously believe that one of the PCs is the Reincarnation of the Sage of the Six Paths but they don't know which.
    About cult in Otokage, it sound cool to me. And it's possible.
    This Otokage is based on broken ninjas of all sorts of kinds.
    Okay, lets try this on for size
    Spoiler: The Society of Rikudō Rebirth
    Show
    The Rikudō Sennin, or Sage of Six Paths, believed in peace. Everything he did was to promote in humans the ability to easily understand each other and live in harmony, but his sons and followers twisted his teachings and the tools he gave them into weapons of war.

The Society of Rikudō Rebirth is a small, migrating fringe cult that preaches peace and harmony, considered, at worst, harmless weirdos by most people who know of them, who claim to follow the true teachings of the Sage of Six Paths. They practice the use of chakra for meditative purposes in hopes of gaining a higher understanding of the universe and employ several researchers in the hopes of recreating Ninshu. They are not... Inherently opposed to violence, but they dislike those who resort to it too quickly. This is what is publically known.

What is not publically known about The Society of Rikudō Rebirth is that they believe that the world is flawed and that the only way it can be fixed is if the Sage of Six Paths is reborn. Some members interpret this literally, while others refer more generally to someone who shares similar ideals to the Sage and will inherit his will.

The Society seeks out young people(they find that older people are too rigid and set in their ways) who seem... Different from other ninjas. People who value peace or progress over war and bloodshed. People who think outside of the box. They don't have to be perfect matches to the Sage, as long as their ideals could bring peace or harmony or at least societal improvement.

(They tend to avoid members of the Uchiha and Senju clans. As they see it, it was Indra and Asura who buggered things up so...)

They believe that, should they find their chosen one, that it is there duty tp help them achieve their full potential: For those who believe that the Sage has ben reborn, this involves attempting to awaken past life memories. for those who believe in a more metaphorical reincarnation, it simply means helping their Chosen One gain the skill and power needed to fulfill their role.

This can be anything from providing training to spiritual guidance to assistance in academic study to just someone to hang out with and blow off steam. (a majority of them also believe that, as the sage believed in cooperation, their chosen One's friends and family should also be assisted.)

They practice the following supplemental techniques

Water Release: Meditation of the Ocean: Chakra flows and circulates through the meridians and tenketsu like blood flows through the arteries and veins and water falls in the rain and flows through the earth in streams and rivers before returning to the ocean. By focusing on this property and attempting to experience mindfulness of the flow of chakra through one's body, one will find themselves better able to go with the flow, move efficiently, and even practice water release nature transformation more efficiently. Some followers of The Society of Rikudō Rebirth have developed methods of manipulating water for the purposes of self-defense.

Fire Release: Meditation of the Soul: It is easy to think of fire and a purely destructive force, but this is not the case. Fire is a force of destruction, but also creation. Fire makes food safer to eat. It is a necessary tool for the creation of many, many important things, and even a forest fire clears away brush and deadwood to make room for new life to bloom. By meditating upon this and being mindful of the vital fire within their own belies one can more easily invigorate and focus their passions, find the motivation to complete vital tasks, and even perform fire release nature transformation more effectively. Some practitioners of this meditation develop the ability to breathe fire and measure their focus by how well they can control the stream of flames.

Wind Release: Meditation of the Breath: The sky is free. the wind doesn't care for the creations of man, whether its a gentle breeze or a raging hurricane, the wind goes where it wants. Everyone has within them the power to take some of this freedom into themselves, and in doing so expel needless attachments. By meditating on this freedom, and on the flow of chakra into their lungs and throat and how this flow is affected as one performs breathing exercises, one can more easily let go of minor grudges or obsessions that do nothing but hold you back, stop worrying about that which is beyond their control and keep perspective on the hear and now. It also improves one's control over the manipulation of the air.

Earth Release: Meditation of the Soil: Many people think of the earth as hard and unyielding, but the earth is everything. The planet, the elements of that which no longer lives, it is the foundation upon which all is built and can be soft and yielding just as it's solid and hard. By meditating on this versatility and the earthen elements within their own body, one can develop a solid foundation that allows for lateral thinking and improved learning capacity. As a side effect, it improves one's ability to manipulate the Earth with chakra.

Lightning Release: Meditation of the Storm:A Bolt of lightning is a considerable amount of power focused into a relatively small area and, while often random, trikes with incredible precision. By focusing one's chakra within a small part of the body and holding it there and then meditating on it, one gains greater focus in general and the ability most efficiently directs their body's own energy. As a side effect, it improves one's ability to manipulate lightning.

The purposes of these techniques, which amounts to meditating while focusing one's chakra in a certain part of the body along with a certain element, are meditative in purpose. The benefits are acquired over time from repeated use of the meditative techniques.

There's one other technique they know, a last resort they use on people who attack them.

Jujutsu: Living Reincarnation into a Lower Realm: This technique is a curse placed on people who engage in needless conflict or harm others without cause. Whenever someone performs an unharmonious action, they briefly experience all of the pain or emotional turmoil that similar actions of there have caused in the past. It is a technique designed to correct harmful behaviors in others, but as it requires a long, complicated ritual involving the comingling of blood between the caster and victim, who must be present(and thus usually restrained) it is rarely used even on the most egregious of offenses.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of things closer than Chuunin Exams:

possible C-Ranks I've been thinking of:
    Grand Theft Equine:
    a bunch of bandits has been raiding company caravans along a road and along with the usual taking of food and supplies, they have been stealing horses as well- important beasts of transportation in the modern shinobi age, probably to resell them at a "used horse" stable for a profit. Stop them.

Door to door Jashinists:
    There has been a murder in a nearby village, a team must investigate, also there is this weird duo constantly talking about their weird religion around...?

Old Ruins Investigation:
    A village has been hearing strange sounds coming from a centuries old ninja ruin and think its haunted, you are being paid to investigate and deal with whatever is making it. who knows what it contain: old traps? bound summoned animals not yet freed from their contract? old jutsu no one knows of anymore? who knows?

Childish Jealousy:
    Not every academy student passes. Graffiti has been sprayed across various places taunting the new genin to come face the dropouts in the bad part of town if they dare. This is most certainly a trap, but people have tried cleaning it up and the graffiti keeps coming back, while Chuunin have more important things to do than take care of some punks who couldn't even pass academy graduation, and hey people are paying money to make sure the graffiti stops...

7. - Top - End - #337

All of those seem interesting.

The Jashinist one in particular, partly becuase I'm pretty sure you already set it up and partially becuase, well, the Jashinist religion is just so weird.

"Peace is a Sin, fighitng people without killing them is a Sin, you gotta be kill everyone... Except the priests of other religions. They're off limits. Kill them and you go straight to Hell."

And I think I've established at this point that Senko is an atheist or at least as close as you can get in this world, so, some interesting roleplaying there.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #338

Proposal: Spiritual Alchemy

The Naruto World runs on a kind of "soul science" where spiritual matters, such as the interaction between Yin and Yang or the five basic elements, while clearly mystical in some ways, can also be analyzed scientifically and follow concrete rules, allowing those who understand them to combine

The most extreme example would be combining the Chakra of Asura and Indra with its unique properties to recreate that of the Sage of Six Paths and gain the rinnegan, but Sasuke resurrecting Orochimaru by combining Orochumaru's chakra and a comply of his consciousness with a lump of Kabuto's flesh(and, by extension, Kaguya being resurrected by her will, Zetsu, possessing a close enough facsimile of her chakra) and even the combination of two elements to create a third element with its own properties all fall under this heading.

It is honestly not unlike some concepts in Chinese religions and Legends, which are a major influence on Shonen anime.

For example, in the classic Chinese Novel Journey to the West, which is a major influence on a lot of Shonen anime, Xuanzang possesses a powerful Yang and a recurring conflict is a number of demons who wish to either eat him or have sex with him to death in order to take his Yang for themselves becuase combining such a powerful Yang from such a pure person with their own power grant them immortality and grant more breadth and depth to their mystical powers. (and as noted before, Sage Mode is not unlike a concept in Toaist believe where one could gain power and immortality by drawing Qi from the environment and balancing it with one's own.)

Thus, it makes sense that one should be able to create similar effects if one has a sufficient understanding of Chakra or another energy/substance that it can be combined and manipulated.

In addition to the canon examples, I propose the following: Combining the chakra of at least a dozen Uchiha in a sufficiently pure concentration creates the Chakra of Indra, due to traces of his chakra, however, diluted, in his descendants.

Doing the same with a comparable number of Senju and/or Pure Uzumaki creates Asura's Chakra for the same reasons.

The same process with multiple Hyuuga can recreate the chakra of Hamura, but you'd need a lot unless you also used Moon Otsusukis(Good Luck with that.)

One may be able to achieve immortality should one cultivate enough chakra and then add additional chakra from a particularly vital source.

Combining the chakra of at least one Each Kaguya, Hyuuga, Uchiha, Uzumaki, and Senju within a single person will grant hat person the metaphysical properties of true Otsusuki and may result in a physical metamorphosis. (this doesn't really do anything special terms of power but, you know, role-playing opportunities.)

Combining the chakra of a summoned animal with that of a human within the human's body makes the human "count" as the summoned animal for the purposes of learning certain techniques--A human permanently infused with toad chakra could learn how to knead their chakra to produce oil, for example. Take the spirit of a toad and the life of a oad into yourself and you count as a toad, basically. Optionally, this may result in physical changes, an altered life-span, or some synergy with a power bestowed by the summon animals. (Because I don't know what effect Kabuto blending up a bunch of dead snakes and injecting them into his veins did, but I can't imagine he did it for no reason.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I think that makes sense for the strange combination of tech and mysticism that Naruto is. all of that would work for what we're going for I think.

anyways....

Spoiler: Implications of Izanagi
    Show

Normally when we think of reality, it is in some way static or taken as a given. We live in a physical body that houses our thoughts and feelings and souls and whatnot. The assumption is that the physical body and physicality is a constant is needed to think and live. A vital part of existence to be sure. That the line between reality and illusion or fantasy, is distinct and stark, one exists the other does not.

Izanagi on the other hand, proves in Naruto's world that realness is, at least in some specific conditions, is a variable that can be manipulated. That things and people can be made into fantasy. It is the negative counterpart to the creation of all things technique, reality warping by subtraction rather than addition.

That what is given....can be taken away. What does this mean though? The most prominent usage is to turn oneself into an illusion to erase the consequences of an attack. They disappear- then reappear as if nothing has happened. The question is, does the eye create an entirely new version of oneself to replace the old one- or does it simply subtract the yang chakra from oneself for a time put them into a temporarily state of "unreality" before letting it come back?

In the first case, the implications are simple: the new version is an exact real copy while the previous version simply vanishes from existence and therefore anyone who uses Izanagi is basically flash-cloning their entire being so that a new version of themselves continues on while the original stops existing. But thats not what I'm here for.

But the second case gets a little more interesting. In the second case, it implies that becoming an illusion isn't truly death. That someone can both be an illusion or hologram with maybe perhaps a small bit of yang chakra to keep themselves existing or to pull them back from a pure Yin existence of thought. The existence of such a strong yin-aligned being would make sense: after all, strongly yang-aligned beings are all around people, they're grass and trees and so on, things that have life to them....but no thought. like bacteria or moss or mold or whatever else. a pure yin being in contrast would be nothing but thought....they wouldn't have physical form. they'd be a living idea, a sort of living genjutsu like some artificial intelligence or abstract spirit.

Of course, such a being would require more yin chakra to continue existing, everyone has to eat. which could mean some means of siphoning yin chakra from others...or being maintained by it being freely given, perhaps through....prayer or following the yin being as an ideal or something. This might explain Jashin as some kind of yin-idea-virus-parasite thing that goes around trying to make priests convert to him so that can he feed off their particularly devout faith, which would explain Jashinists prohibition against killing them- he needs them alive so that he can continue feeding off of them.

It could also mean things for various jutsu- is it possible replicate izanagi in some more limited form? To make a technique similar to it in some other way? seems a bit high level, high concept but could be interesting to explore. will have to think on this more.

10. - Top - End - #340

On Jashin, personally? I like to think that it's just a fringe cult with access to Jujutsu and Kinjutsu who are assigning meaning to something that isn't there.

They have a technique that grants immortality... But requires human sacrifices to activate and requires that you continue to kill people using an impractical, ritualized curse that synchronizes the person to be killed with your own body.

I don't know, it makes more sense to me that it's just a bunch of lunatics and/or indoctrinated victims believing in something made up and the explanation is relatively more mundane like "the immortality is fueled by draining the victim's life-force into the Jashinist via the sympathetic bond" than the "a God that nobody outside of the cult has ever heard of and there's no evidence of the existence or worship of outside of his known worshipers gives immortality in exchange for human sacrifice."

Considering that Kishimoto's word on the matter is that the immortality doesn't so much fail as you start to rot alive if you go too long without sacrifices(which isn't fatal, Kishimoto claims that Hiden will eventually starve to death but he'll rot first.) one could even argue that Hiden isn't so much "immortal" as "undead."

(Supported by Hiden and Kakazu both being referred to as "Zombies," albeit jokingly.)

Hiden is even referred to as being the result of an "experiment with the Jashinist Religion's techniques" which... If it's a blessing, why do you need to experiment to make it work?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Jashin not being real is the real explanation I was always going to go with? I was just idly speculating on that yin thing.

12. - Top - End - #342

Hell, Jashin is spelled with characters that can be read as "Evil God" but his worshipers claim that he's benevolent because killing people frees them from the fear of death.

It's clearly something that was made up by a bunch of lunatics.

Though I imagine that Senko would have fun studying someone who benefitted from their immortality Jutsu.

Edit: since senko's ultimate goals Six Paths Sage Mode, which requires either the combined Chakra of the tailed Beasts or to be the ten-tail's jinchuriki, but can't use normal Ninjutsu...

I'm not sure if she'd be able to use Chakra cloaks, simply because they're kind of redundant with her kekkei Genkai unless you're talking like, Kurama Mode and honestly the cloak sounds like Shape Manipulation. On the other hand, the Chakra cloak is also supposed to be easier to control that human chakra. A paradox.

Anyway, the effect each Tailed-Beast's Chakra would have in relation to her Transformations.

General: In the case of general chakra natures(Not unique applications), stronger affinity. If chakra cloaks aren't a thing for Senko, possibly a physical version of partial transformation to produce useful appendages.

Shukaku: As Shukaku is made of Sand and uses sand merged with the host's body in place of a chakra cloak... probably turning into sand. Magnet release probably involves a recreation of Shukaku's Curse Marks and the sealing techniques used with them. (Semi-Related, regular Magnet in general probably involves turning her body into something magnetic.)

Matabi: Matabi is made of blue fire, so... turning into fire? Yugito was able to develop feline traits the way the Inuzuka developed canine ones and that doesn't seem like its a common thing, so maybe that?

Isobu: Coral. Isobu creates coral and other than his water release that's the only unique power he has that isn't part of a filler episode that got contradicted by the manga.

Son Goku: He can breathe green fire, so... Green fire out of the chakra canons. Anything else falls under Lava release.

Kokuō: I honestly don't know, he seems to only have Boil Release, though his is less "produce steam" and more "boil chakra till it explodes" with steam as the product.

Saiken: I imagine slime and acid. Possibly a bubble gun effect(not much use but a cool party trick)

Chomei: All I can think of, other than bug wings, is producing scales and shedding them to make scale powder.

Gyuki: Ink. Possible synergy techniques with Kimiko, since B establishes that it's 'drawing' ink instead of actual octopus ink and you've mentioned wanting her to get Ink Jutsu like Sai's.

Kurama: I honestly have no idea, his only unique power is sensing and feeding on negativity and his unique cloaks.

Of course, Senko actually getting any of this is pretty far off
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-05-18 at 02:40 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #343

So, while we wait for Igor, some random ideas.

~A C-rank mission to the Land of Hot Water goes awry when a third party begins sabotaging the nation's hot springs.

~Ambush, a routine courier mission to a military outpost on the border with the Land of Fire ends with an counter with a rogue ninja hellbent on making things the way they "should be." They used some kind of flashbang technique and the next thing you know we're waking up in a field in the Leaf village and... wait, the last time we were here, the second face on that Mountain was Madara Uchiha. So why is it Tobirma Senju now?

~In a small village in the unclaimed land between the Land of Sound and the unnamed land controlled by Takigakure, there is an old abandoned manor house whose existence dates back at least a century. Most people paid it no mind, other than childhood rumors of it being haunted. Then, a few weeks ago, people started hearing noises coming from the bottom. The town guard investigated, but the man they sent in never came back, leading to them to turn to the Sound Village for help.

~Every five years, a private company holds the "Strongest in All Lands Iron Woman Competition and Tournament" where girls and women age 10-45, divided into classes based on age and weight, from all over the continent perform various tests and feats to show off their strength over the course of several days and nights, culminating in a Taijutsu Tournament between the Gold, Silver, and Bronze winners of each weight/age class, to determine decisively which of the competitors is the strongest. This time, the competition is being held in the Land of Sound and, because of Anonymous threats against the Tournament, they've hired the sound village to provide extra security under the guise of being there to support a teammate who entered the Tournament

(If we determine that Zetta doesn't work as the Cloud Team's sensei, she'd be introduced here)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Missions:
    seems mostly good. I'll trust you know what your doing with the alt leaf village one.

if we're allowed to go that far out and strange:
    Kimiko, Girl Genius:
    One day Kimiko decides to start researching space-time jutsu. the next day your sent forth to investigate a strange disturbances and sightings of Kimiko in the sound village, Kimiko herself seemingly not showing up for the team meeting.

Factually Inaccurate:
    A movie director is trying to make a movie about one of the tailed beasts, but someone keeps attacking him and his crew, find out who is doing so and stop them.

As for Tailed Beasts:
    look if wood release is any indication, then controlling a living thing like coral with jutsu is incredibly powerful in the shinobi world, because it might mean that whoever gets access that....also gets access to Coral Sage Mode. so coral sage mode plus a tailed beast mode would be a bit of a double whammy. aquatic wood release.

will try to do a write up on the tailed beasts history and such in this world and how I'd handle them in the game soon, they're important after all for many reasons, much more than just abilities.

15. - Top - End - #345

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    As for Tailed Beasts:
    look if wood release is any indication, then controlling a living thing like coral with jutsu is incredibly powerful in the shinobi world, because it might mean that whoever gets access that....also gets access to Coral Sage Mode. so coral sage mode plus a tailed beast mode would be a bit of a double whammy. aquatic wood release.
    I don't know about that, Yagura only uses it to slap people and trap them in a mass of coral. And he's supposed to have mastered Isobu's power the same way that B mastered Gyuki's. That was Edo Tensei Yagura controlled by Tobi with the intent to capture Naruto and B so if it Yagura had something comparable to Wood Release I think he would have used it.

It doesn't seem to be an elemental release, it just seems to be a thing that Isobu can do.

(So, are we just assuming that the Senju Sage Mode is Tree Sage Mode?)

On Yagura: In canon, he was a heroic person and the "purge the bloodlines" and "Bloody Mist" stuff was becuase he was being mind-controlled by Tobi pretty much the entire time he was Mizukage. Is there a reason why he's still doing that here or is that something we're going to have to discover in-game?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

I mean the idea is just "yeah mind control as an excuse for purging bloodlines and making it the bloody mist is a horrible explanation and backstory for all of that and just ended up being this big offscreen thing that ended up not mattering aaaand lets burn that whole chestnut so that it dies in a fire and like, y'know, come up with a GOOD backstory that will actually make something compelling."

because why even have it, if its just going to be some cruel thing Obito did in revenge in the background and have Yagura show up to say "BTdubs I'm good actually blame it all on the guy whose not-girlfriend died." then vanish from being remotely important to ANYTHING. he is not remotely heroic, he is just a guy who people thought was evil but then really....he wasn't! DUN DUN DUUUUU-no one cares because he is a minor character from a nation that isn't Konoha or apart of the Uchiha-Uzumaki/Senju millennia long blood feud over whether power or love is better.

this Yagura? is what he should've been: a jinchuuriki who when mistreated by a village all about their hierarchies and loyalty and only getting recognition by demonstrating his strength decided "screw it, I'm powerful, I'm taking over, and I'm going to show the world why you don't screw with me, I can change things for the better, watch me." and then proceeded to massively screw up like how someone young and with a lot of power realistically would without Naruto's education and support network. Gaara is Naruto without people to love him, this Yagura is Naruto without proper education on how to rule so he just ends up being this dictator making clumsy or bad decisions. which Naruto if you recall, did actually have to go through even after all the ridiculous stunts he pulled in the 4th Shinobi War, they didn't just grant him Hokage just for his deeds of valor, there is paperwork involved. lots of it.

17. - Top - End - #347

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    because why even have it, if its just going to be some cruel thing Obito did in revenge in the background
    If you compare the timelines, Zabuza went rogue becuase he tried and failed to kill Yagura and end the time of the bloody mist(and it's easy to read his "I showed up and killed an entire graduating class" thing as a protest of how stupid that policy was.)

The Land of Waves arc is the Odd Man out: Literally, every other arc in the Manga is tied either to the Akatsuki plot(IE, Obito and Madara) or Orochimaru's(later Kabuto's) pursuit of immortality and all Jutsu, which pull together at the end in the Fourth Shinobi World War arc and the resurrection of Kaguya.

But the Land of Waves is off on its own.

It being Obito noncontrolling the Mizukage, turning him into the opposite of his true self in revenge for the Mist village trying to use rin as a weapon connects the very first arc to the rest of the story via Zabuza's backstory. It also provides an example of the cycle of revenge causing harm to people who werren't involved.

I'm not saying that yours is a bad idea, the idea that different events in the past resulted in a different mist village resulting in a different Yagura doing the same things as his canon counterpart of his own will works, but there is a narrative reason for the canon thing.

Also, Yagura wasn't young. He was just short. There's actually a joke where Naruto sees him and is so sad to see someone younger than him as a zombie becuase it means that he died before he could do things or see the world or even kiss a girl and Yagura's like "I'm a grown man."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

I get that. its reasonable to connect them. though I'd say it could've been better executed than being some footnote in some other guy's story. I don't know how but....could've been done better than some random thing added near the climax. sure better than nothing but....

like seriously, a jinchuuriki going dictator, purging bloodlines and thus scattering shinobi to the winds as missing-nin with two ninja trying to defy him to someday take back their village? thats practically at least another arc already written right there! thats its own story we never get to see! heck, that could've been its own spinoff.

which is why I like this opportunity to focus more on Kirigakure. to give it and this whole event, this entire other story in this world some more spotlight, its own importance that stands on its own two feet.

as for Yagura's age, it looks like he died as a young adult. even if he was a grown man, from the looks of him? I doubt he was older than his 30's at the time. thing is, all his bloody mist and bloodline purgings? that took place at least 12 years before series start, maybe more, and he would've had to been sealed AFTER Rin died. he would've been younger than Obito. and Obito is....31. he watched Rin die somewhere between that and 13 years old. thats 18 years of growth, 12 of which are spent post-war, and a jinchuuriki still needs to be a child to sealed, so....Yagura was probably like ten at the most? six years is a short window to go from "new jinchuuriki" to "despot of bloody mist". sure he might've been a grown man at the end but he would've have some Itachi-level interesting teenage years to get there.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-05-20 at 06:18 AM.

19. - Top - End - #349

Actually, the child thing seems to be a "it works better" not a "it's mandatory" thing. You need to be compatible with the Tailed Beast to use its chakra properly and sealing it into someone when they're Young and letting them acclimate to it is one way of getting that compatibility but having a similar chakra nature or a unique chakra ability also work.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-05-20 at 08:18 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #350

Igor? Are you okay?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

sorry. It was a terrible ruff week. But I am back. Working on post.

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #352

sorry. It was a terrible ruff week. But I am back. Working on post.
    *Hugs for rough week*

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #353

A rehashing of a couple of concepts mentioned before, as a potential antagonist submitted for review.

Spoiler: Riko 'The Beetle'
    Show
    Name: Riko (莉子)
    Height: 4'10, before accounting for amputations.
    Weight: Nowhere near enough, even for a very light framed person.
    Station: Missing Nin, Serial Killer.

Spoiler: Appearnace
    Show
    To the outside observer, Riko seems to be a mechanical monstrosity composed of metal and something that looks like wood but isn't, with a head like a demented puppet a with a springloaded jaw with sawblades for teeth and a creepily organic beetle-like horn on the front of a body roughly the size of a large cart supported on six thick segmented metal legs. There are formulaic patters written on various parts of the monstrosity's body and those with a keen eye can make out hidden panels, with other panels of some kind of organic armor in various places. It manipulates objects using two human-like puppet arms with blades on the forelimb.

The truth is, Riko is a small and physically frail albino woman with numerous health problems. In the rare times one can see her outside of her puppet shell, one can see that she wears only a robe and in general has a very disheveled appearance. On close inspection, her left arm and both legs are in fact puppet-limps painted to match her skin tone, and she has a very nasty burnscar over the upper left part of her face. Almost like her face was cooked.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Being disabled poses many problems, physically, mentally, and socially. Being disabled and albino, even more so. As a child, even more so, as one's fellow children can be very cruel and a weak, unhealthy child who is much smaller than her age mates is an easy target. Being a disabled albino child in the middle of the desert? Yeah.

Riko's life experiences have led her paranoid and distrustful of other people, to the point that she refuses to interact with people without a thick, weaponized armor between her and the rest of the world, and even then only if the person is useful to her. She may in face be agoraphobic, it's been years since anyone has spotted her outside of the puppet.

Unfortunately for several people, useful to her usually means "raw materials."

Spoiler: History
    Show
    Riko was born in the hidden Land of Wind over three decades ago and almost immediately abandoned by her birth parents, due to superstitions about albinos. Miraculously, she managed to survive to academy age and enrolled at the Sand in the hopes that being a ninja would give her the funding needed t live a safe, comfortable life(Yeah...)

But children can be cruel to people who are different from them, and Riko's time at the academy was unpleasant, not helped by the fact that she had little talent for ninjutsu or genjutsu and, well, starving abandoned orphan's don't tend to have upbringings conducive to the building of physical strength.

She did, however, have excellent chakra control and delicate, dexterous fingers and was quite gifted academically: She was able to transition away from traditional ninja work to study of the formulas used for ofuda and certain sealing techniques as well as the use of the sand village's combat puppets.

Riko managed to graduate and become a ninja of not much note, using ninja puppets equipped with sealed weapons and the like, though her... Understandable anti-social tendencies prevented her from advancing beyond chunin.

Then she lost her left arm to cancer. Started in the skin, spread into the muscle, had to lop it off before it spread further. Officially, she quietly retired from being a career shinobi and opened a shop to suply other ninjas with prefabricated puppets and puppet parts. Unofficially, her experiences... Inspired her to research biology and how puppetry could intersect with it.

The reclusive retired ninja replacing an arm with a puppet prosthetic wasn't that odd. Someone noticing that she'd done the same with both legs was... concerning, but Riko dismissed it when asked by saying that she'd noticed moles that resembled the cancer that took her arm on both legs(and noted that, biologically speaking, as an albino she was at heightened risk of cancers of the skin) and had the limbs removed as a precaution, and it could be verified with So-and-so the medic-nin if people didn't believe her, which most people accepted.

And that's when people started going missing. A civilian here, a genin there, fr a few months Then a whole squad led by a Jonin with the Magnet Release bloodline vanished leaving only a drop of blood and a hospitalized witness who described the attacker as an albino puppet-user, leading the authorities to Riko's puppet workshop.

They discovered an absolute bloodbath, cast off limbs and organs strewn around haphazardly, a young boy's dissected cadaver in the process of being transformed from flesh to some kind of woodlike substance, with Riko, with blood spattered on her face, smiling without a care, while elbow-deep in the screaming jonin's chest.

Riko defended herself from the ninja there to arrest her using powerful puppets made from abducted humans, slashed the Jonin's throat and stored his body in storage seal, and managed to flee the village but not before taking a blast to the face from a veteran Ninja Scorch Release user.

Ever since then, Riko's only been seen in various puppet armors, most recently a human puppet composed of several other puppets that she recycled after encountering a pair of Ninja who could merge their bodies together.

Currently, Riko's body is failing her. She's always been small and frail enough to count as a disabled, and she wasn't lying about losing her legs to cancer after having previously lost her arm, even if she knowingly jumped the. She's blind in one eye due to her face having been cooked with scorch release, and she fears that one of the cancers managed to spread before the maligned limb was removed as recently she's been having some... Symptoms.

She's devised a means by which she could seal her mind and chakra into an autonomous, self-aware puppet... But she doesn't want to be some wretched doll. She's had enough of being flawed and imperfect. If she's going to place herself into a puppet, she's going to place herself into a perfect Human Puppet...

Spoiler: Abillities
    Show
    Puppetry: A-Rank: Riko is a master of the sand village's puppet techniques. If pressed, she could maintain twenty puppets independently though she prefers to focus all of her attention on a single puppet at a time.

Ofuda and Fuinjutsu: C Rank, Riko can make storage seals, sealing tags, paper bombs, and things of the like.

"The Beetle." The Beetle is a massive human puppet that Rikobasically lives in. It is composed of several shinobi: A pair of brothers whose Kekkei Genkai allowed them to manipulate their molecules and merge their bodies witch each other form the base. The puppet's armor and default weapons, as well as its head and arms, are derived from a pair of rivals from the Main and Branch houses of the Kuwaga Clan who had the poor luck to choose the cave that Riko had hidden her current laboratory in to settle the score violently in.

The metallic, insect-like legs are recycled from the main body of a scorpionlike puppet that Riko had made from a man who could turn his flesh to metal using steel release. The main torso is merged into the beetle's main body, while its tail was recycled as a harpoon/tentacle that is kept in a storage seal hidden behind a retractable panel in the beetle's torso just under its head. Another component, used to generate kunai-like-blades, was integrated into another puppet entirely, see below

On either side of the body are four storage seals. This are empty, serving to distract from the hidden panels that peel away and contain four "puppet cannons" made from the bodies of genin who had a prodigious talent with fire, lightning, water, and wind releases. Fire and Water on the right, wind, and lightning on the left. Each "cannon" fires a blast of the respective element that is comparable to a B-Rank Ninjutsu. A stream of fire, a high-pressure spout of water, a focused blast of lightning, or a razor-sharp crescent of wind.

A similar seal and panel exists on the top of the beetle, which is made partially from a chunin from the rock Village, a part of the explosion corps of Iwagakure with the Explosion Release Bloodline, and partly from a recycled portion of the Steel Release puppet: This puppet canon generates a kunai-like knife with carvings on it that recreate the formulas used to write an exploding tag. each knife is infused with explosion natured chakra, enhancing the explosive power of the exploding tag to be equivalent of a B rank ninjutsu. the tagged Kunai is launched and explodes shortly after impaling its target.

Merged into the main body, but in the internal area where Riko resides, is limbless puppet torso made from the Magnet Release user that Riko's abduction of resulted in her having to flee the Sand Village. By running her chakra strange through it before conducting them to the rest of the body, she can enhance her control over the puppet with Magnet release chakra, improving her fine control over the Beetle by manipulating its metal parts with magnetism. In a pinch, she can even make it levitate.

Spoiler: Other
    Show
    In addition to the Beetle, at any time Riko has nineteen generic 'mook' puppets for use in setting traps or if

Here I fold in the "Senko's Evil Counterpart" concept and the "agoraphobic puppeteer missing-nin" concept into a singular whole.

Like Senko, Riko is (functionally) an orphan with a disability that she uses a specific, non-traditional area of ninja study in the hopes of treating but while Senko's disability is chakra based coupled with an inherited mental illness, Riko's are a combination of albinism and stunted growth. They both prefer to self-isolate. but while Senko does it to protect others, Riko does it because a lack of critical socialization coupled with being bullied in the academy resulted in her never developing certain social or emotional skills while also associating the outside world and other people with pain: In other words, she's an agoraphobic sociopath. They're both interested in self-modification and bloodlines, but Riko's is a lot less ethical.

She might seem a bit strong, but she's very much a "we've proved ourselves and if we're not promoted past genin at the very least we're on chunin or higher level."

At the very least, I expect that Senko will have several mods under he belt and the Curse Marks will be in play by the time Riko starts looking at the PCs and decides that she wants one of our bodies.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #354

Random ideas/trivia to cope with my boredom.

A "movie" style adventure involving a reimagined version of the events of Naruto Dragon Blade chronicles involving a (still extant and self-named) Ryu clan seeking to make war on the rest of the world using the Genryu as WMDs the way the major villages use their Jinchuriki. As some of the major villages prepare for war, it's up to a continent of the Sound Village(and possibly from other villages we've managed to befriend) to figure out what it is they want and what drove them to this and try to calm things down before the situation escalates past the point of no return.
    Senko doesn't much care for clothes in general. I'm not sure if I'd ever actually do this but it's not out of the question that she'd eventually forgo them entirely in favor of cladding herself in bio-armor instead. Or, alternatively, modifying herself into a form that doesn't need them anymore.
    Non-Canon spinoff adventures in Giaden thread, with personalities exaggerated for humor, not unlike Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth.
    Thought: I don't want to overstep boundaries, but if my reading is right then if Kimiko gets hurt in this fight it'll probably add an additional wrinkle to the plot to come involving the conflict between Kimiko's mother and Jirou.

Related: This sequence of events would be a really good thing for Futility-san or someone working for them to be seeing, assuming that I've got their goal of breaking people's spirits by crushing hope down.
    In a band, Senko strikes me as a drummer.
    Horror-story the inspired mission involving being sent to deal with a disturbance that turns out to be caused by an onryō* that needs to be sealed or exorcised.

*If you're familiar with things like The Ring or The Grudge... That. Pale, stringy-haired ghost, usually of a young woman or a child, with intense and disturbing as hell powers motivated by a grudge after being wronged but indiscriminate in who they take it out on

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

On Dragon Blade: I mean.....maybe? could work. we'll see when we get to the point where that plot is plausible.

On non canon spinoff chibi stuff: I mean hawkflight once tried that with DBitp and it didn't really work so....maaaaybe?

on Riko.....y'know what sure, whatever.

Hm? wrinkle with Jirou and Mitsuko? how so? tell me.

though really I'm not sure how to do the duel between Jirou and Mitsuko, since it'll be very non-interactive with other players. its Jirou's fight after all. so like I have a plan for it, I just haven't take into account what will be happening with everyone else while its being fought. like my purist plan would be for Kimiko to be there watching it and basically see a combination of ninja duel and family spat happen right before her eyes, its just that I'm not sure if I can do the duel justice in one post, so its like, how to make sure other things are happening while thats being done? it still works if Kimiko isn't there though and arrives to see the result instead.

here is my writeup on the tailed beasts and my ideas on how they are handled and act:
    Spoiler: On The Tailed Beasts
    Show

Millennia old beings. Titans of unmatched destruction. Strangest children of Sage of the Six Paths, perhaps the nine most unique people in still alive today, and anger-filled prisoners of the shinobi's most powerful nations. The Tailed Beasts are not to be underestimated. Legends of long ago times, say that powerful shinobi have to tried to kill them. A few of these legends even claim success, only for the tailed beast to come back and exact its revenge upon the unsuspecting fool who who spent too many resources, too many lives on accomplishing it the first time to ever have the chance to do it a second. It is only in the last century that they have been captured so that they can be harnessed for their power.

Old folk tales about these Beasts are often cautionary, often warnings. They are used as metaphors of forces you cannot control, stand ins for typhoons, floods, earthquakes, and raging wildfires. The protagonists of those tales often prideful fools who bite off more than they can chew, or the tailed beasts are metaphors for fate or death and those that try to run from them never manage to escape. They are the fairy tale nightmare beasts that people have spoken of for generations to make children behave- but without any tales saying of heroic tailed beast slayers, for there is no such thing. Storytellers even today use them as terrifying unbeatable monsters despite their current status, only now with a haunted possession angle to it, with made up horror stories of jinchuuriki acting demonic or secretly butchering and eating people, and film makers are looking to make Godzilla and horror movies out of what badly done research they can make on them on the big black and white screen- they are practically guaranteed to be hits.

The Jinchuuriki of course don't benefit from this state of affairs and neither do the beast they imprison. The Jinchuuriki are unfairly forced to basically be their nations weapon of mass destruction without much choice in the matter, their presence being required to maintain the political situation of the shinobi nations as it currently is. The threat of mutual destruction from tailed beasts keeps people from causing wars...or at least, it should be. Given that there has been three ninja wars since the villages were established and the tailed beasts captured to do this, the jinchuuriki are not as reliable as they seem. This is because the jinchūriki's primary purpose is to contain the beast they have. Using them as a weapon is a secondary purpose that is honestly not intended by the sealing jutsu made and is thus harder to achieve as something workable than one would assume. Mostly because to use them as a weapon as how most people do it, the seal has to fail. The designers of the tailed beast seals didn't have the knowledge to make a seal that turns a jinchuuriki primarily into a weapon and thus couldn't make a mode where one could channel the tailed beasts power as apart of its intended design. Nor did they care for doing that, when even successfully designing a seal that is capable of containing a tailed beast is hard enough on its own, adding a feature to smoothly use it as a weapon on top of it is asking the impossible. And dangerous besides.

Still the threat of the jinchuuriki is important, even if a jinchuuriki who can successfully use their beast more is probably a sign of a weakening seal and a lot of emotional issues. Few Jinchuuriki know the methods of how to properly harness beast chakra- and anyone who does, do not want to tell them unless they have real good reason to. Most jinchuuriki are angry at the world, treated as outcasts in their own village and having something to prove. They are often monsters at combat, but they are treated as dangerous and a ticking time bomb. only a very small handful of jinchuuriki ever learn to properly work with their tailed beast, and are not celebrated or known for it. After all, why would you be celebrated for being friends with a big giant demon? That doesn't contribute to a villages well being in any tangible way. So often the default method of using the tailed beast is to simply drop the jinchuuriki into a village or city and let their own emotional issues or the enemy killing them do the rest, because if the jinchuuriki dies well....the tailed beast gets out. If the Jinchuuriki is lucky they're skilled enough to “only” go into a berserk rage that partially unleashes their tailed beast and proceed to kill everyone with it like some possessed berserk monster. Then the village sends in their fuinjutsu squad to reseal the thing in a pot when its job is done.

Of course while it sounds simple, its not. For one, the jinchuuriki is probably aware of their condition and unless they've been probably indoctrinated into being a martyr and such, getting them to do this can be a bit of a tricky prospect and thus might involve more forceful means than persuasion that some may consider unethical or immoral. Which is why to prevent this some villages make a habit putting their tailed beasts in a blood relative of the kage, like Gaara, Killer B or Naruto. This means that the tailed beast can be spun as a sort of inheritance so that the user is instead raised from birth to see it as their noble/royal duty to sacrifice themselves willingly so that the tailed beast can be used to win without endangering the village they love- and who cares about an enemy village? Screw them, they're the enemy they're the real cause of this. Thus the jinchuurikis own anger and eagerness to prove themselves is manipulated and exploited to become a weapon to take out on people they don't know.

The Tailed Beasts themselves of course in their anti-human perspective, see no reason to make nice. In fact, due how the tailed beast seals work they have incentive to be as negative towards their container as possible. The seals weaken when the jinchuuriki feels strong negative emotions, when they lose control or in Gaara's case, when he falls asleep. The Tailed Beasts want nothing more than Freedom and Revenge. Trying to manipulate their jinchuuriki to be as mentally unstable and unhealthy as possible therefore is their safest best to getting out as it means the seal weakens more, and the jinchuuriki is more likely to tear it off in a moment of vulnerability and thus accomplishes both goals by speaking dark speeches into their head. Of course one can make bargains with a tailed beast to lend you some of its power, but this also weakens the seal over time. There is no perfect seal that will last forever. Your not diverting power through pipes, your springing leaks that will only erode things further. This may take years or decades, but it will eventually happen if your an active shinobi jinchuuriki. And death of course is not option, because death lets the tailed beast out early. The tailed beasts play the long game, hoping that their container eventually screws up. Thus the jinchuuriki are considered a strange combination of expendable and vital.

The Tailed Beasts from their own perspective don't care about any human concerns, seeing humans all as ants who wish to manipulate or use them as tools and weapons. Assuming anyone other than a jinchuuriki figures out how to get into a seal to talk to one they will not care for any of your goals or dreams or whether you want to be their friend. They want out, and they want to kill lots of humans in revenge then go do their own thing, end of story. Any deal struck with them will inevitably involve that, as nothing else has value to them at this point. If somehow it doesn't involve getting free, chances are they are tricking you into raising the chances of them getting free, or putting them one step closer to do so. Just because they are giant beasts doesn't mean they can't be clever or manipulative, and they know and are aware of more than you think. Teaching them to be compassionate and to trust you enough to show mercy to humanity would be an uphill battle.

After all, they have a thousand years of life experience to draw upon and thus have experienced many things in their life as a result. Its inevitable that they've interacted with humans in some manner before and have experience with dealing with them, even if in an antagonistic manner. Do not assume they are easily fooled or outwitted. Their limiting factor is that they often only have one person to talk to. Giving them a second person to converse with is dangerous, as that person can act in ways the jinchuuriki can't, on information the tailed beast might give out in carefully spun ways to make them do actions to the beasts benefit. Of course the tailed beasts have telepathy with each other, capable of communicating without their jinchuuriki knowing unless they are particularly connected to them, and thus some tailed beasts thus have more coordination with others, when they are close enough the Two Tails and Eight Tails in Kumo frequently discuss their plans and situation, as well as the Five and Six Tails of Iwa and the Three and Four Tails of Kiri.

The three who can't are the One Tail of Suna, the Seven Tails of Taki, and the Nine Tails of Konoha. It is particularly notable that the One Tailed Tanuki and the Nine-Tailed Fox have a fierce rivalry between them for reasons unknown that make it so that any coordination between them is near impossible even when they do encounter each other, more likely to argue than to cooperate and thus proudly try to escape by themselves. It is the only case where two tailed beasts have actually attacked each other, while other villages live by the wisdom that while you can only counter a jinchuuriki with another jinchuuriki, countering a tailed beast with another tailed beast is a horrible idea that ends with two tailed beasts killing all the humans. Thus when two jinchuuriki of different villages meet, the tailed beasts often coordinate to try and egg on their jinchuuriki to attack each other so that one will kill the other and at least make one of their family break out so they can kill the remaining jinchuuriki or escape. While both villages involved will emphasize trying to capture the other jinchuuriki alive so they can transfer the tailed beast to a pot and figure out who to force their new tailed beast on.

Thus any real duel between jinchuriki becomes a dangerous game of capture vs resource denial vs self interest. Sure one should go for trying to capture, but the other guy might try to kill themselves or threaten to do so to counter that and cause problems for both of them by unleashing their tailed beast, and one might have to do the same or at least threaten to back, but one can't actually go through with it and thus let the tailed beasts win and get out and one probably likes living anyways. But if one lets them capture you, thats a win for the other village. And thats not taking into account that this jinchuriki might be the only person from that other village who understands your pain and thus you might want to show mercy, but that will get you into trouble with your own village. Its a catch-22 not helped by the two beasts involved working together to make it worse. Its always safer to send a fuinjutsu master to fight a jinchuuriki instead.

Of course, some jinchuuriki choose to go missing-nin. This is dangerous for several reasons: first of all, if they get captured by another of the five nations, and their beast is removed, this would tip the balance of power more than they already have by leaving, and if one shinobi nation gets too powerful that could a cause a war now that nation is powerful enough to conquer another without having to worry about a response on the same level. Next is the fact that they will be alone with only the tailed beast to converse with, who has a vested interest in tearing them down now that there is no one around to manipulate the jinchuuriki in a different way. All the dangers of a normal missing nin are magnified with carrying what is essentially an S-class village weapon around in one's body. The village in question thus sends out their best ninja to get their jinchuuriki back as soon as possible- they can't let it fall into
    enemy hands or go wild.

A normal ninja fighting a jinchuuriki can start out pretty normal, its the part where they start tapping into their beast where its gets different. Quite simply a jinchuuriki has massive stores of chakra at their disposal, and most can't use them properly- those who can are dangerous foes indeed. Even a young jinchuuriki has access to chakra on the level of kages. They are going to fight like they're hammers to your scalpel. That said, their greater power comes at the expense of other things. A Jinchuuriki often lacks basic skills that every ninja learns to survive because they aren't taught them and thus learn to live without, their chakra control is often atrocious so they can't do genjutsu or medical jutsu, or many other jutsu that require fine control over power. Their main advantages are stamina and greater raw power when they go berserk, which with proper plans can be handled.

So what do you do to fight in the rare, dire situation of the S-Class variety where a Tailed Beast actually gets out, for real? Even the weakest Tailed Beasts possesses chakra that outstrip most kages. They are unkillable titans of pure chakra capable of causing massive destruction to the landscape and kill shinobi in one hit of their paw. In a world of scalpels and plans within plans, tailed beasts are bulls in a china shop, capable of taking on an entire village single-handedly. Most ninja can't even hurt them, and fighting one alone is downright insane for anyone but a kage- even then, the kage would be a fighting a disadvantage, even if they manage to “kill” the Beast, they can always come back for another go while the kage has only one life to spend, and while the Kage has to pull out all their tricks and plans just to fight on something close to even ground, the tailed beast just has to keep destroying and using their brute power to win. The most viable fight against a tailed beast is one where every ninja in the are works together to take seal it back up again. Non-sealing Jutsu in particular that can even factor into a fight with a tailed beast are:

The Eight Gates: a taijutsu user could perhaps open the Gate of Death to gain enough power to hold off or smack around a Tailed Beast for one brief shining moment, maybe a minute at most before they die.

Sharingan: tailed beasts are known to be vulnerable to the Sharingan's power specifically. It is not known if genjutsu of other kinds work, or if the Sharingan's ability is simply the ability to manipulate chakra in a body and thus manipulating a giant mass of chakra's mind is easy for it, or some shards of divinity nonsense.

Complete Body Susanoo: assuming the Uchiha simply doesn't use their genjutsu on the tailed beast, they can perhaps fight it with their own giant energy being, which lasts as long as the user can endure agonizing pain in every single cell of their body for as long as its active. So probably not long.

Giant summons: one could summon a giant animal like gamabunta or others to help fight a tailed beast, and this is probably one of the more reliable methods to help fight one. Even these giant summons aren't as powerful as a tailed beast- if they were, why would anyone bother with the tailed beasts after all- but they do at least roughly even things out in terms of physical size and strength and can help hold off the tailed beast while you prepare to seal them away.

Wood Release: because all the tailed beasts were once a very big tree and thus vulnerable to being manipulated by people with a bloodline that manipulates trees, and Hashirama had to have sealed them somehow right?

Impure World Reincarnation: assuming your willing to go to these extremes, you can resurrect a kage that is tireless and can't die, to help fight it for you, evening up the playing field even more.....assuming someone doesn't seal them or make them experience some emotional moment of closure. However given their nature, they are already dead and cannot use themselves as sacrifice for the Reaper Death Seal.

….Things like that. Problem is, all of this is useless without some method to seal them back up again. In the event of a tailed beast getting out, if a village doesn't have some way of sealing it? There is no point in wasting lives fighting it, because killing it is improbable and will only make it angry when it reforms to come back and attack again. For any village that can't seal these things, the best option is keep their scouts on high alert, evacuate the village at first sign of a tailed beast headed their way and hide. Hope it goes away. Maybe hope a Jonin or ANBU volunteer for a suicide mission to attract the Tailed Beasts attention and lead it on a merry chase to some other nation that can actually do something about it so that its their problem instead? If successful such a shinobi would be forever remembered as a hero who sacrificed themselves for everyone in the history of their village-there is no higher honor a ninja can aspire to.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-05-24 at 05:52 AM.

26. - Top - End - #356

Based on my reading of the flashback's you published, Mitsuko is the kind of narcissistic mom who thinks that any little offense against her precious baby is an attack against her personal and acts appropriately. (Notably, chasing the family of some low-born students out of town when Kimiko got into a fight with them,) so if Senko hurts Kimiko during her berserk rage... Well, Senko is an associate of Jirou. Probably an underling, most accurately, and we've been treating Senko's assignment to team 3 as Jirou's idea.

If Mitsuko finds out about the hypothetical injury before the duel, well, in the discussion she had with the Otokage she refers to Jirou as being petulant and trying to spite her and manipulate Kimiko away from what's best for her. While I don't want to step on your toes, I'm just throwing it that it wouldn't be unusual for someone with that kind of mindset to assume that Jirou deliberately arranged for Kimiko to get hurt just to spite the clan.

I'm not trying to control the actions of your characters, it's just something that occurred to me and that I think you should be kept in mind.

On the tailed BEasts: I'm assuming that the Seven Tails being listed as belonging to Kusa means that my proposal for Taki is rejected?

Another proposal for how someone could potential fight the Tail Beasts without using sealing: Sage Mode.

According to the Manga, the act of drawing in natural energy has a somewhat rejuvenating effect, restoring stamina and reducing mental and emotional fatigue. In other words, it's good for the body and soul and thus logically the simple act of drawing in natural energy should be replenishing someone's chakra even before they start molding Senjutsu chakra. (this is noted, in canon, to also be why Jugo has unusually late reserves of chakra.)

A Kage Level Ninja with sufficient skill in Senjutsu and a good sense of timing should, in theory, be able to stop and hold still for a short period of time and be able to keep going indefinitely if they conserve their chakra and mod Sage Chakra strategically even if they can't equal the Beast's power... And that's an interesting thing to consider: Per Jirobo, using his curse mark to its full extent in Stage 2 multiplies his power and physical attributes ten times over, and it's noted that the Sound Ninja Four's Curse Marks are much weaker than the Cursed Seal of Heaven that Sasuke has or the Source Seal of Earth that Kimimaro had. Curse marks in general seem to be inferior to actual Sage Mode(Orochimaru was seemingly planning to use them as a stepping stone, putting the best ones on the people he wanted as bodies) A Ninja who is sufficiently powerful in his in Sage Mode might be able to equal the raw power of one of the Beasts.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

no, I was just misstyped Taki. I thought Taki was Kusa for some reason. this changes nothing you wrote up.

28. - Top - End - #358

Igor, uh... I can't help but think you misunderstood what happened.

Men-ko is no longer the enemy. Senko went berserk.

Remember, she's a member of Jugo's clan and has his bloodline. Which means that if she loses her temper or lets the natural energy in her body build up to much, she transforms into a monster and goes murderously insane for a little bit.

So, unless Usagi and her rabbits are randomly attacking a snake that already surrendered hile her new teammate is flipping the hell out...

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

ah. yep, misunderstood.
    Editing
    edit:done
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2020-05-24 at 05:50 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Based on my reading of the flashback's you published, Mitsuko is the kind of narcissistic mom who thinks that any little offense against her precious baby is an attack against her personal and acts appropriately. (Notably, chasing the family of some low-born students out of town when Kimiko got into a fight with them,) so if Senko hurts Kimiko during her berserk rage... Well, Senko is an associate of Jirou. Probably an underling, most accurately, and we've been treating Senko's assignment to team 3 as Jirou's idea.

If Mitsuko finds out about the hypothetical injury before the duel, well, in the discussion she had with the Otokage she refers to Jirou as being petulant and trying to spite her and manipulate Kimiko away from what's best for her. While I don't want to step on your toes, I'm just throwing it that it wouldn't be unusual for someone with that kind of mindset to assume that Jirou deliberately arranged for Kimiko to get hurt just to spite the clan.

I'm not trying to control the actions of your characters, it's just something that occurred to me and that I think you should be kept in mind.
    On Mitsuko:
    It is a way she could take it yes. I won't say its not a possibility or something she could bring up. I was mostly asking your thoughts on it so I could enrich myself, consider her feelings better. There are other ways she could take it that are just as negative. At the same time it might be one of those times I'd throw in her having a legitimate point about it irresponsible to put a known danger together with some genin and expecting it to just work out, because she is not a cartoon villain just there to be evil. or both kinds of points. naruto's world provides me more opportunities to make more well-rounded, deeper characters so I'm taking advantage of that.

On Sage Mode:
    perhaps, but I imagine trying to retain the right frame of mind for Sage Mode in the middle of one of the most destructive and chaotic battles you could fight in this world might be harder than one thinks