New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

List of things that Senko's limited ability to use Shape Transformation won't prevent her from doing, once she has the control to use them and why.
    • Leaf Concentration Practice: The art of attaching a small, light object, such as a leaf, to your head and keeping it there by focusing all of your chakra at the exact location on the forehead. She'll be able to do it becuase it is quite literally the easiest chakra control technique there is.
    • Tree/Rock Climbing Practice: There's no shape transformation involved, you just shoot enough chakra out of our feet to attract yourself to the tree.
    • Water Surface Walking Practice: Basically just a more advanced form of the above, no shape involved
    • Summoning Jutsu: I imagine that the blood sacrifice and the contract play most of the roll in shaping the chakra used, considering that there are only five or six full handsigns compared to say, Water Dragon Bullet that has a full 44 but summoning something seems a lot more complex than shaping water into a dragon.
    • Chakra Flow: Literally just putting your chakra into either part of your body or n object, no shape involved.

And of course, she's built from the chemical level to use Senjusu so once she archives Shademode any technique that is mostly Senjutsu is fair game.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Epic face palm

My brain keep failing me. I have replied thinking for some reason Kikena is Jirou's mother.
    Desk slam*
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Do you think sealing humans in scrolls could be a thing?

------
    My previouse Avater

4. - Top - End - #364

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Not with an ordinary seal, no, but Sai is able to do it with his Ink Jutsu so it clearly must be possible.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

I had an idea, that Odayama will create a clone who would seal him in a scroll and shot him back into the scene, where the scroll designed to release him.
    If not, has more ideas for him.
    Just random idea.

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Hm.

I'd imagine its a matter of how a particular storage scroll works? lets see what the enclosing technique page says-

Oh. Yes It can just do that. Okay.

though I imagine how the particulars work would depend on the storage technique in question??? hm. I think I'll have to think upon how sealing jutsu actually works in order to make sense of it....

but I imagine some methods of storing might kill a person? I dunno its not confirmed how a storage scroll actually works. is it simply saving the information and energy then re-transmuting it back to matter? is there some dimension inside each storage seal, and if there is, does it place things in suspended animation or not? sure Tailed Beasts can be sealed into people but they're basically big masses of nothing but chakra they're kind divine beings the rules probably don't work the same.

could use a storage seal to make a pocket dimension where someone can live? to imprison them? Hm. pocket dimension ninja mansion eeeeeeh seems a little kamui-ish. its probably possible but that application would be S-rank. a storage scroll to imprison someone else though....well it depends are they in suspended animation? because if they are thats basically a one-hit Knockout if it lands with the added benefit of keeping them in however long enough to take them back to interrogate them when you unseal them, so....probably A-Rank. if the scroll doesn't have suspended animation, it probably requires air to keep the person imprisoned in it and thus one needs to design a bit of air leak so that the seal is constantly taking in air to make sure the pocket dimension is keep breathable thus giving it a flaw someone can exploit to get out, and would only hold for two days before the person dies so the ninja would have to figure out how to feed them without them getting away, thus B-rank.

Default storage scroll might just kill the target by putting- no wait. that doesn't work. Iruka. he popped out of the Heaven or Earth scrolls right? was he stored them or summoned? he couldn't have been summoned thats a six paths only thing, right? or was his scroll simply one of those that put him in suspend animation?

However an alternative sealing jutsu would be one that simply creates a small chakra barrier around the target, trapping them in a blue chakra dome. However this might not be mobile?

so its not entirely clear HOW it works but......yes. probably. Rater might know something I don't
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #367

I find it unlikely that Iruka was literally sealed since there would be no way of knowing which two scrolls someone would get.

Summoning humans is not a unique thing to the Six Paths. The summoning Jutsu in and of itself is merely an enforcement of a contract that gives you permission to locate someone or something through time and space.

Naruto, and presumably Jiraiya and Minato, were at the beck and call of the Toads just as much as vice versa, Shino's family can apparently use the summoning technique with ordinary, if monstrous, bugs that they breed, and Madara was apparently able to force a contract with Kurama considering that it was explicitly the summoning Jutsu that he used to bring Kurama out during the battle.

We also know that it's possible for someone to be summoned without the summoner having their contract, under specific circumstances: Twice, people have summoned snakes without having the snake contract becuase of specially prepared scrolls.

So it's entirely possible that the Scrolls of Heaven and Earth form a formula that summons a specific human who agreed to be contracted for that purpose.

(Also, reviewing something from earlier: Kuromaru, the Ninken partner of Tsume, Kiba's mom, can talk. So there doesn't actually seem to be a difference between Kakashi's summoned Ninja Dogs and the ones raised by the Inuzuka other than Akamaru just never learned to speak human.)

Tayuya's summons are constructs implicitly created from her own Yin Chakra, the Rasamon Gates are also called with the summoning Jutsu, and so on.

If we accept Boruto's anime-only arcs as canon(which they supposedly are, Kishi is supervising,) then it's even possible to form a summoning contract with one specific member of a race that has a general contract: While attempting to find Mitsuki, who ran off, Boruto and Sarada end up going to Ryyuchi Cave to ask if the snakes know where he is and a complicated chain of events results in Bort getting a temporary summoning contract with one specific snake(the contract is terminated once it fulfills its purpose.)

So summoning Jutsu is really just "if you have a contract, you can summon it" and can apply to a wide variety of things beyond the (assumed) nature spirits in canon or the dimensional animals assumed here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

okay yeah that helps a bit with summoning but....that is not pertinent to the storage scroll question, Rater.

I had an idea, that Odayama will create a clone who would seal him in a scroll and shot him back into the scene, where the scroll designed to release him.
    If not, has more ideas for him.
    Just random idea.
    Hm. for that specifically ....I pretty sure thats possible, does seem good and aweosme, its just figuring how that makes sense in its underlying mechanics. whats the maximum amount of time that scroll can hold someone? would the scroll be more of something that can seal anything then fire it like a projectile when released? because then it would have wider use as something you just seal like, a chair or something into it, then you unseal it and haha! you fired a chair at people, and perhaps Odayama is just very good at holding his breath or something? like how long do you intend for this to last before being fired? I think thats the crux of it.

9. - Top - End - #369

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    okay yeah that helps a bit with summoning but....that is not pertinent to the storage scroll question, Rater.

Hm. for that specifically ....I pretty sure thats possible, does seem good and awesome, its just figuring how that makes sense in its underlying mechanics. whats the maximum amount of time that scroll can hold someone? would the scroll be more of something that can seal anything then fire it like a projectile when released? because then it would have wider use as something you just seal like, a chair or something into it, then you unseal it and haha! you fired a chair at people, and perhaps Odayama is just very good at holding his breath or something? like how long do you intend for this to last before being fired? I think thats the crux of it.
    Yeah, bit of a Tangent, sorry.

Sai seals someone in a scroll in canon and it doesn't seem to be intended to be fatal sO I assume ti's possible, but for something like rapid transport I don't think that's necessarily viable. At the very least, it seems like a lot of steps for a simple effect.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Yeah, bit of a Tangent, sorry.

Sai seals someone in a scroll in canon and it doesn't seem to be intended to be fatal sO I assume ti's possible, but for something like rapid transport I don't think that's necessarily viable. At the very least, it seems like a lot of steps for a simple effect.
    Well Odayama's a Chuunin so if he knew enough about sealing he'd have a B-rank seal that would have air enough for him to breathe while sealed in the space in the scroll for a few hours at the very least, assuming that we're not just going with suspended animation for all human storage. the question is how far would the scroll fire him on B-rank sealing? because if the ninja could just use storage scrolls to fire themselves around the village like some demented paper donkey kong cannon, I'm pretty sure we'd see ninja doing that since they can land from great heights and be fine, but if it was just using oneself as a cannonball with a 30-50 foot range, probably can happen.

besides for transport, the body flicker technique is probably a more efficient mode of transport, and more basic: D-rank and can high speed flash step anywhere, as if you teleported even if thats not true! the replacement technique is derived from it, so if you know that, you know Body Flicker Technique to. so everyone who passes the academy and isn't a Naruto.

in short: perfectly possible given how powerful ninja can be and their ability to land safely from great heights, its just that Body Flicker is probably more efficient even if I can totally see ninja having fun just cannon balling their way around, so while they could do it, it won't see wide use, so if one is using it, it means they're an eccentric jonin.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-05-25 at 04:37 PM.

11. - Top - End - #371

Honestly, and assuming that Naruto, Kushina, Karin, and Nagato are typical personality types for their extended family, using a storage scroll as transport seems like more of an Uzumaki thing.

They, or at least the "pure" ones, have a natural affinity for Fuinjutsu of all kinds, to the point of being able to use a pretty powerful one by instinct, and absurdly large reserves of chakra so such a thing would come easier to them and they can afford to waste energy doing something flashy and impractical just for show... and all have the kind of personalities that favor big, flashy, impractical things if the one's we've seen in canon are typical.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly, and assuming that Naruto, Kushina, Karin, and Nagato are typical personality types for their extended family, using a storage scroll as transport seems like more of an Uzumaki thing.

They, or at least the "pure" ones, have a natural affinity for Fuinjutsu of all kinds, to the point of being able to use a pretty powerful one by instinct, and absurdly large reserves of chakra so such a thing would come easier to them and they can afford to waste energy doing something flashy and impractical just for show... and all have the kind of personalities that favor big, flashy, impractical things if the one's we've seen in canon are typical.
    oh I'm assuming that, just to have a change of pace. like, I'm all for the fanon idea that the Uzumakis are just the crazy Red/Blue geniuses of the Naruto world who shout the shinobi equivalent of "For Science!" while doing odd things like figuring out how to transport ramen more efficiently or do some stupid flashy thing that just so happens to work so everyone sighs and lets keep doing it since while unconventional they get results. combined with the strange fact that they're the people who seal the nine tailed fox, which could all go sorts of directions.

like Kimiko would probably fit right in with them once she gets time to actually start developing stuff rather constant family drama, especially since I maybe plan on her making inventions like a wind-seal propelled paper ninja kite or chakra-seeing goggles and such.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-05-25 at 05:07 PM.

13. - Top - End - #373

like Kimiko would probably fit right in with them once she gets time to actually start developing stuff rather constant family drama, especially since I maybe plan on her making inventions like a wind-seal propelled paper ninja kite or chakra-seeing goggles and such.
    Too bad the Leaf Village hates the Sound Village then.

Maybe we can change that during the Chunin exam.

Or Kidnap Kurama's current host and brainwash them to switching sides with the power of friendship and experimental ninja drugs, which would probably make the lead hate us more but would give Kimiko and Uzumaki to bounce ideas off of.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Too bad the Leaf Village hates the Sound Village then.

Maybe we can change that during the Chunin exam.

Or Kidnap Kurama's current host and brainwash them to switching sides with the power of friendship and experimental ninja drugs, which would probably make the lead hate us more but would give Kimiko and Uzumaki to bounce ideas off of.
    Plot twist: the real chuunin exam arc's goal is doing nothing but impromptu faking the deaths (through "accidents") of and kidnapping genin we like to be our friends from their villages to have them on an eternal sleepover. Jirou will come in and be like "what did you do?" and well just say "what no these our just our new brothers and sisters. we always had them don't you remember?" and he'll be like "this sounds disturbingly close to surprise adoption, I better sto-" and we just knock him out then go back to convincing them that they always lived here and that their previous lives was just a bad dream and not to worry about it. nothing that could possibly go wrong with this. absolutely nothing.

15. - Top - End - #375

"And you are related to Kimiko so you come with us, and you will be killed if the idiot who runs you village ever finds out your obvious bluff so you are coming with us, and I want your kekkei genkai so you are coming with us and you I just want to be part of my harem in a couple of years."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

"How did they all die?"
    "Ninja bears are to blame. They ate them all. Y'know those dang ninja bears, randomly coming to our world and just living in it like normal animal but like talking and being ninjas, yet not signing any contracts because they're bears. It was horrible ociffer, so much blood. Even I will mourn their deaths for I knew them only briefly in battle as respected rivals."
    *hides the scroll storing all the kidnapped in suspended animation behind her back badly*

As for Summoning:
    how about this: you can handle the summoning stuff how you want and I'll use it how I want, and that there is some reasonable explanation for why both are true? it doesn't make sense to me, but whatever. just don't make it a big deal where we keep arguing about it.

17. - Top - End - #377

I'm just saying that the summoning technique seems to be incredibly versatile in what you can actually summon in canon and it seems to work differently depending on the specific contract.

Even between users: With Orochiumaru he has the contract tattooed on his arm and smears his blood on it to do the Jutsu. Sasuke, meanwhile, has no such markings.

So yes, "it works this way when I do it but this way when I do it" is viable. That seems to be how it works in canon.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Also, Rater would say a basic sealing tag as you specify in Code Oni be C-Rank or B-Rank? like what does it actually do, and when would you say it be appropriate to learn for a fuinjutsu user in general?

19. - Top - End - #379

I was referring to the ones in the fourth war that paralyze you and make it impossible to move you using a space-time ninjutsu. (the ones that were used in conjunction with the binding cloth to seal most of the zombies.)

I don't know what you'd rank that as but since fuinjutsu is about storing, containing, and controlling things making sealing tags seems like it'd be a pretty basic skill when it comes to sealing formulas. (when it comes to Ofuda however, it's probably more advanced than say, an exploding tag.)

So I guess maybe C-Rank? Unless you think it's strong enough to be B-Rank.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

I'm just asking, because if its C-rank, then its possible for Kimiko to use that seal. thats all. just so we're being consistent.

21. - Top - End - #381

I'm just asking, because if its C-rank, then it's possible for Kimiko to use that seal. thats all. just so we're being consistent.
    If you think that Kimiko can make the canon sealing tags, that's fine.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #382

A treatise on chakra control and the use of ninjutsu and genjutsu, based on what we know in canon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chakra is a vital energy created from the molding of one's "stamina," a collective term for both the energy of the spirit which is cultivated through training and meditation and physical energy from the bodies cells cultivated with diet, exercise, and other good health habits.

chakra contains within it aspects of the Five Elements of Fire, Wind, Lightning, Earth, and Water.

Chakra flows through the body via a series of meridians collectively called the chakra pathway system, which can be compared loosely to the circulatory system. Every cell and organ in the body is connected to the system but is mostly focused through specific main lines. In addition to this, the flow is regulated by 361 pressure points, or tenketsu, through the body which can open and close to control the flow or even expel chakra outward. Most people can control the tenketsu in the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet, allowing chakra to be expelled from those limbs, but otherwise control is internal with a handful of exceptions.

There are various means to shape and alter the nature of chakra, focus it, build it up, an so on. Most well known are various hand seals used to preform Ninjutsu, but also the written formulas used to create Ofuda and certain fuinjutsu, but with basic effort, one can control chakra with sheer will and if a Ninja does not possess a moderate ability to do this, they cannot use heir chakra: In short, with the exception of certain Fuinjutsu and summoning techniques, these seals and formulas are tools to assist in the molding of chakra into the appropriate shape.

The basic most skill needed for Ninjas is Chakra Control: The ability to produce only the needed amount of chakra, no more, no less, and mold it into the appropriate form, with or without seals, without wasting any. In truth, most Ninjutsu have some wiggle room, the amount doesn't need to be exact, but one requires exact chakra control for illusions, including both genjutsu and projected images, medical ninjutsu, and the Sand Villages puppet master techniques.

Beyond that are the more advanced skills of nature transformation and shape transformation. Training in these specific forms of control is usually reserved for Ninja of Chunin rank or higher and few Ninja ever completely master them. Nature Transformation allows one to alter there chakra's fundamental composition to match that of a specific element which in turn greatly improves one's ability to manipulate that element with chakra or turn their chakra into that element, or else to more closely match either the spiritual(Yin) or Physical(Yang).

Most Ninja has a specific affinity to one form of Natural Transformation, almost always to one of the five elements, which comes easiest to them. As one's skill with nature transformation increases, Jutsu of that nature becomes easier any more energy efficient to use. Most Jonin will learn to master their affinity nature and learn to use two others competently, though there's really nothing but time preventing someone from mastering all five basic elements.

Shape Transformation is more straight forward. It is merely willing your chakra to take a specific shape. The better you are at it, the easier it is and the more complexly you can shape your chakra.

Sufficient skill in shape transformation and nature transformation means that one needs fewer seals to use Jutsu of that Nature: The Water Dragon Bullet Technique has forty-four hand seals but most people who use the Jutsu have sufficient skill with Water Nature Transformation and Shape Transformation to bring it back down to a reasonable number.

It is theoretically possible to use Jutsu without seals at all if one's skill in the various chakra transformations are great enough, and Ninja with sufficient mastery of Shape transformation and an element are known to create variations of their techniques on the fly.

In theory, someone who has completly mastered a nature to it's fullest extent and done the same with shape transformation could create entire techniques whole cloth on a whim, but for someone to possess such skill naturally is unheard of.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry. You have replied to my question through and through and I waite for the chance to read it properly.

Odayama's thing is his "sloth'.
    He is seeking shortcuts, sometimes dangerouse ones, when in hurry.

If he isn't in hurry, he can work for monthes on a single jutsu to perfect it for a specific porpuse.

I'll write a bit of backstory it.

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I'll grant that Kimiko, Yuyuyu are genin and Jirou has his back turned and focused on other things right now so they won't notice Menko doing that.

Kikenna on the other hand, she is a poisoner and a B-rank genjutsu user doing nothing but observing and who just saw a big snake from Ryuichi Cave bite a child? her response is going to depend upon if she can tell from observation something that signals to her knowledge that Senko is going to be fine, despite how early whatever it was put in. because I assume this is done to help Senko in some way, and Kikenna won't do anything if she can figure that out (she might have a conversation with Men-Ko later, but she won't call her out on it) but if she can't figure something out from observation, she will call it out.

25. - Top - End - #385

If Kiekanna can understand snake body langue, then she can tell that there's no harm intended. If her senses are sharp enough she might even notice the "contract seal" starting to form.

Otherwise, yeah. Big cobra just bit a ten-year-old.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

On second thought the more I think about it, Senko's speech would make Jirou turn around. I'm just trying to make sure this happens without m interfering too much....I'll say Jirou turns around in time for it to have already be done, then there will be questions.

27. - Top - End - #387

Spoiler: The Power of The White Snake
    Show
    The white snakes of Ryuchi Cave study Senjutsu in the hopes of achieving a state of spiritual and physical evolution and transcending from snakes to dragons.

Thus, in order to learn senjutsu from the White Snake Sage, one must be a snake.

If a human passes the trials to earn the right to petition the White Snake Sage for tutelage in Senjutsu, she posses a final trial: The White Snake Sage draws in natural energy and then, instead of molding it into Senjutsu she concentrate into into her venom sacks and bites the supplicant, injecting pure natural energy into their body.

If they turn to stone or completely transform into a snake, they fail the test and, should they remain edible, will be devoured by the White Snake Sage who will feed in their chakra. However, should they be able to handle the natural energy and balance it with their chakra enough to survive, not only will they be permitted to become the White Snake Sage's student, they will be transformed and imbued with the Power of the White Snake.

Not only does this imbue the supplicant with snake-like traits, or the power to assume a snake or snake-like form, but it also grants them a Power of Self Reincarnation.

At its basic level, this is a passive power that improves the rate and efficiency of bodily regeneration down to the cellular level and certain kind of minor rejuvenation: their injuries heal quickly and with complications.

However, this power, this healing factor and imbuement with snakelike properties, forms the basis for a number of techniques used by prospective Snake Sages.

Great Serpent Style Body Replacement(Canon-Name: Orochumaru-style body replacement.) A technique, very intensive in chakra, which can negate all damage inflicted to their body by vomiting up a duplicate body and transferring their mind and chakra into it, leaving a hollowed-out skin behind as the only remnants of their original, damaged by. Variations of this technique exist in order to temporarily transform the body into another form or as an attack, though the chakra intensive nature of this form of rebirth means that it is not something to be done lightly or frivolously.

Gathering of The Snakes: The user generates snakes within their body which extend out to reattach severed body members.

Snake clone jutsu the user generates simple white snakes under their control than can be sent out to gather information, be used to track a target or merge together to form something akin to a shadow clone.

Eight-Braches Technique: an ultimate technique usable by those who have spent years mastering the Power of Reincarnation, by whatever means, allowing them to temporarily shed their previous form and, for a time, be reborn as a massive serpent, bigger than the largest and strongest of colossal summons, with eight heads and eight tails. the resulting creature is an existence that transcends a mere snake and becomes almost like a Dragon-God, but existence in this state is fleeting.

The power serves as a basis for many other regeneration and reincarnation ninjutsu as well.

In and of themselves, none of these techniques are technically Senjutsu.

I might be playing a bit fast and loose with some of these and making an assumption about Mitsuki, but if Kimiko's desire to be immortal comes up in Menko's earshot then I expect it will come up so having the details hashed out. These are the techniques from canon that I imagine would be pre-existing established instead of something created by a specific known character in the show, or else something that would be relatively simple to invent, but I don't think that would be all of them.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #388

While we wait for Igor, some more trivia and Ideas.

Senko probably counts as a transhumanist. I know I've said that she's probably a Hard Rocker, but this show tune here more or less summarizes her views. I've uh, already alluded to it in her dialog.

If Senko squares Tailed Beast Chakra before she masters Sage Mode, it may end up making her berserk rages worse. Naruto demonstrates that Tailed Beast chakra makes it easier to draw in natural energy and mold Senjutsu and, based on the Gold and Silver Brothers(and Sora from the filler arc) Psuedo-Jinchuriki have a habit of going on berserk rampages in a Version 2 Cloak.

This could be both a curse(now she really) needs to get it down... But also a blessing(it establishes a connection between the Tailed Beasts and Sage Mode which, since her goal is to achieve a perfect Sage Mode, gives her a reason to research the tailed beasts beyond the possibility of balancing her chakra.)

Senko will probably inject herself with Men-Ko's cells at some point, possibly during or shortly after the time she gains the Power of the White Snake. Whether or not this counts as a mod depends on whether or not I've settled on if White Snake Power counts. In which case, Senko's experiments in self mods will eventually result in her progressing from "snake tail" to "highly anthropomorphic snake girl."

Senko will probably augment her shapeshifting with Soft Body Physique Modification at some point. Technically, Jugo demonstrates that she doesn't need it to stretch, but...

In the Naruto World "Sword of Kusanagi" seems to be less of a unique sword and more of a kind of sword. Ignoring the ordinary sword that Sasuke calls "Sword of Kusanagi," Orochimaru has a technique where he summons thousands of snakes who all have their own Sword of Kusanagi andItatchi's Susanoo's Sword of Totsuka is also said to be a Sword of Kusanagi.

So it just seems to be a term, in this universe, that means "unbreakable sword which can cut most things and hurt things it can't cut," seemingly associated with the snakes. I like the idea of Senko getting one via her tutelage under the snakes but, instead of an actual sword she carries or stores in her body, she creates the Sword of Kusanagi from her own body and reabsorbs it when she doesn't need it anymore, possibly after studying an "actual" such sword.
    Potential Future Technique, after Senko masters Sage Mode and if she succeeds in obtained wood release: Extends roots from her feet while in SageMode which connects to the network of roots and mycelium in the area, turning all nearby plants into an extension of herself for the purposes of the radias by which she can use Sage Mode to sense Charka.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

The really weird part is the term "Kusanagi" means "grass-mower". so "Kusanagi No Tsurugi" means "Grass-Cutting Sword". it was used to cut grass to fight against some trying to set fire and could control the wind apparently. the best type of weapon in this world is basically a glorified lawn mower.

Kimiko's own sword is actually inspired by it- its called the Origami no Tsurugi, so "Paper-Folding Sword".

watching boruto actually cleared things up like "how does normal lightning jutsu work". apparently when you do normal lightning jutsu with seals you form a globe of electricity in front of you that you then blast.

The Otsusuki are basically parasites making medicine drugs out of entire world's energy so they can keep living forever. kinda wish I knew more about them than that myself, like where do they come from? whats their world and society like? what caused them to become like this? just so many questions

Kimiko is probably a transhumanist, (though you've already heard her song- first pokemon opening theme, but with jutsu scrolls.) like one of her plans before you came in was to basically figure out how take a tailed beast's chakra and somehow become something like a tailed beast herself. of course this would make her a prime target for otsusuki wanting to drink her based on what I watched, but she wouldn't know that and otsusuki showing up would be beyond the scope and tone of this roleplay (since Otsusuki just seem to be DBZ brutes who just hammer people with lots of chakra or nom on chakra rather than do anything smart) so its probably good thats no longer the plan.

Gaara is basically a sandbender at the point I've seen in Boruto. so more evidence for sealless jutsu.

I'm wondering how to make Kimiko achieve or get Sai's art jutsu stuff, because why not? it has synergy. might lead to cool combos. also Kimiko is so going to achieve Konan level paper stuff at some point.

apparently ninja can curve their shuriken's trajectory with chakra. didn't actually know that until now. doesn't seem to be anything particularly elemental? so it might be fun for coming up with applications for that. also been thinking of trying to figure out how far one can stretch various basic jutsu into more advanced ones to make jutsu without bloodlines and such.

The Uzumaki clan's most common elemental affinity is probably water, given their dead villages proximity to it and their own name meaning whirlpool. also water is the only real commonality I can find between Karin and Kushina while everyone else is too tainted by god powers or are too vague.

30. - Top - End - #390

The god trees don't just absorb the energy from a planet but also the biological information of everything living on it.

Eating a chakra fruit or consuming the elixir doesn't just grant divinity, longer life, and, it also causes one to experience a metamorphosis into a more evolved life form by gaining any useful genetic or physiological traits from god knows however man species.

Learning that was actually what got me started in thinking about the connection between Jugo's Bloodline and the World Tree... Though I honestly couldn't tell you why.

The Otsusikis also, apparently, deliberately raise their children to have no regard for the older generation. Older Otsusukis serve the younger generation and are ultimately consumed by them in order to pass on their accumulated power. It's basically a very twisted take on the theme of successive generations surpassing the previous.

They all tend to have names based on Japanese Folk stories. Kaguya is obviously Princess Kaguya, but Momoshiki is Momotarō, Kinshiki is Kintarō, Urashiki is Urashima Tarō, and Ishiki is Issun Kotarō. Each of them has abilities derived either from the respective story or other stories connected to it.

The Moon Otsusukis count as part of the family even though Hamura and Hogomoto's other Descendents don't. (Side note, since the Moon Otsusukis were almost completely wiped out long ago during a civil war between the Main and Branch families that the Main Family lost... We don't know how Old the Hyuga clan is and uh, it's a bit weird that their "protect the bloodline" seal is only used on Branch members and is specifically a curse mark that enslaves the branch...)

(Other side note, in canon, the Hyuuga, Uchiha, Abureme and Akimichi clans are considered nobles but the Nara and Yamanaka clans are not. Presumably, the Senju were considered noble before they dissolved.)

Everyone's joked about them being "aliens" but officially, the Otsusuki are "Celestial Beings."

In Kaguya's case, literally everything she does is part of one or more "Kekkei Mora" and her Byakugan was considered a "Kekkei Mora" instead of a Kekkei Genkai(Incidentally, The Sage of Six Paths Rinnegan is likewise listed as a Kekkei Mora while Madara's and Sasuke's are listed as a Kekkei Genkai.) They same may be true for the others, meaning that their special powers are a combination of genetic and spiritual factors father than learned techniques.

This is everything I was able to put together about them

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks