New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Something to note: In canon, only the Leaf, Stone, Cloud, Sand, and Mist Villages were allowed to have Kage. The other villages weren't allowed to have powerful Ninja leaders and their leaders didn't have that same level of prestige.

So either the Otokage is a Kage in name only, or the Bloody Nose that the Sound Village gave the Leaf was a big one, big enough to get an exception made.

So the rules for who gets to be Otokage can be either more relaxed or more strict than the Hokage or other Kage positions, simply becuase the Gokages probably don't consider the Otokage to be a "real" Kage or hold them to the same standards.
    I'm thinking that they don't consider the position to be a real kage. their own village is enough a concession, giving them a real kage position as if they're equal? NAH. Whats that you got no tailed beasts? do you even consistent jonin bro? No? Then nope you don't get that. sure Sound can call their leader whatever they like, but its like some minor nation guy calling themselves super-emperor supreme next to an actual title its more adorable than anything else.

like the five kages are probably the only other ones there are, like Sound is new, it makes sense its trying to ape the practices of greater powers and not fully understanding why those practices the way they are or why no one else calls themselves that. at the same time, a title isn't something for those Five Kages to get angry over, they are all more powerful than Sound so they'll just chuckle at the title and go "what you gonna stop us? come at me bro with your fake kage, see what happens." if it provokes anyone. they don't need to come over and slap anyone down for not obeying that, when they can make you attack first and thus look like the aggressor so they can say they're defending their lands when they hand your ass on a silver platter. then when peace treaty is signed, one of the concessions just so happens to renaming your title to Head Ninja on top of more economic things that bleeds your country dry because you let them provoke you during negotiations.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #422
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I'm thinking that they don't consider the position to be a real kage. their own village is enough a concession, giving them a real kage position as if they're equal? NAH. Whats that you got no tailed beasts? do you even consistent jonin bro? No? Then nope you don't get that. sure Sound can call their leader whatever they like, but its like some minor nation guy calling themselves super-emperor supreme next to an actual title its more adorable than anything else.

like the five kages are probably the only other ones there are, like Sound is new, it makes sense its trying to ape the practices of greater powers and not fully understanding why those practices the way they are or why no one else calls themselves that. at the same time, a title isn't something for those Five Kages to get angry over, they are all more powerful than Sound so they'll just chuckle at the title and go "what you gonna stop us? come at me bro with your fake kage, see what happens." if it provokes anyone. they don't need to come over and slap anyone down for not obeying that, when they can make you attack first and thus look like the aggressor so they can say they're defending their lands when they hand your ass on a silver platter. then when peace treaty is signed, one of the concessions just so happens to renaming your title to Head Ninja on top of more economic things that bleeds your country dry because you let them provoke you during negotiations.
    ...which is why it is very important that the Sound Village kick ass in the Chunin exams.

"The truth is, it is highly unlikely that any of us will be promoted in this exam, even if we make it to the final tournament and demonstrate combat, stealth, and tactical skills worthy of chunin rank. It's rare for more than one or two ninja to be promoted per exam, if any, and the Leaf village holds an irrational grudge against the sound village. our job is less to become chunin and more style all over their faces while making friends with ninja from the other villages thus showing that sound is strong enough to not be bullied and laying the groundwork for future alliances."
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

No, Rater, its rare for anyone who isn't a shikamaru clone to be promoted on screen. all the Konoha twelve except Naruto and Sasuke got promoted to Chuunin at one point or another, which since is twice as many people as the three years in which that would happen (if one promotion per exams, exams occur twice a year, for three years that would be six exams and six people promoted) multiply this by five major villages at the very least and the number of throwaway mook chuunin and jonin we see throughout the series (you can't say they're genin, they have the jacket) we can safely assume that most Chuunin Exams do not turn out the way the canonical two we see and that more are promoted than just shikamaru and his son.

its just that for some reason whenever a bunch of newbie genin who don't measure up except for one supergenius from a certain clan participate, suddenly some disaster happens and messes up the evaluation process that in theory happens, so it just goes to the one person who they know for sure meets the basic criteria of: 'can assess a situation like a captain and has more than two brain cells to rub together'. and in Shikadai's case is subject to nepotism because Shikadai being chosen over Sarada because he rebelled and disobeyed orders slightly later than her on the reasoning that Shikamaru kinda-sorta allowed it by some dodgy interpretation of his orders is stupid.

4. - Top - End - #424

There'san arc in the Boruto Anime that seems to imply that Naruto is only allowed to promote one Genin.

I imagine that a lot of Chunin are the result of field promotions.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

There'san arc in the Boruto Anime that seems to imply that Naruto is only allowed to promote one Genin.

I imagine that a lot of Chunin are the result of field promotions.
    Thats just plain stupid. I'm not going with that. if that were true, Naruto would've gotten the vest at 13: he didn't give up in the face of things much worse than Morino Ibiki, he worked as a team with Sasuke whom he HATED or Gamabunta, and participated in missions to:
    -bring down two Jonin level missing nin which he did succeed in making a plan to free his jonin captain
    -stop a jinchuuriki from destroying the village
    -bring back a sannin to be the next Hokage

all requiring out of the box thinking against terrifying threats and working with other people. and the entire point of the final exams assessment system to promote more than one Genin because its all about how good you are at being a leader, assessing the situation and thinking tactically, demonstrating that your keeping a cool head and not just smashing the enemy in front like a dumb brute, and they explicitly say that the more rounds you go through, the more you get to show it off so that the judges can see how good you are. and that winning matters less than showing your a good shinobi, so that you can go "oh hey this guy has the necessary traits we're looking for despite losing in round 1 or 2 and so does this guy, while the exams winner was this dumb guy who blasted through every problem he doesn't get promoted."

so no, Rater. don't care. thats stupid. I'm not doing that.

6. - Top - End - #426

On Naruto: Naruto at thirteen was a hyperactive knucklehead who didn't know when to give up. His plan to rescue Kakashi was ingenious but he was also disobeying and order, by Kakashi, to flee with Tazuna. And later, his plan to help Sasuke indirectly got Sasuke put into a state of near-death. The Truth is, Naruto made things slightly worse at the Battle of the Bridge. That was important to him, not so much for anyone else.

Naruto is charismatic and clever in a pinch, but if he was leading squads he'd be getting people killed. That is why he was never promoted... that, and he went on three year hiatus/training trip shortly afterward. Naruto wasn'ta good leader until the Fourth Great Ninja War.

On everything else: The Chunin Selection Exam is presented as an opportunity to become a chunin, which implies that other opportunities exist. If "most chunin are field promotions" doesn't work for you then there may be a more formal process that serves as an alternative.

I find that more reasonable for... Well, by the Third Round it seems expected that only a small number of ninja remain. To the point of a preliminary tournament being held to thin the heard if too many are left.

Not to mention that most villages seem to only send one or two teams: the majority of the participants seem to be ninjas from the host village.

If the Chunin exams were the only way to become Chunin, then there would be very few Chunin from villages other than the five main villages, for example.

Beyond that, as the Bi-Anual chunin exams are stated to be an opportunity for young ninjas to socialize with ninja outside of their own village, for the villages to show off what they've got, and for people to gamble, I honestly don't think it makes sense for the Chunin exam to be the only means of promotion.

If you don't like field promotions, then there are probably other formal methods of advancement.
    Beyond that, I don't think it changes the over-all point: If the Leaf Village holds a grudge against sound, then it's most likely that no Sound Ninja will be promoted in aChunin exam held in the leaf village, so Team 3 showing off their power and skill and befriending non-sound, non-leaf Ninja's would be more important than actively trying for a promotion.

So, revise the hypothetical, "If Lord Otokage thinks we are ready to be Chunin, he will find a reason to make us Chunin regardless of the results of the bi-annual international exams or the opinions of the judges in the Land of Fire. As long as at least one of us makes it to the final round and we manage to impress wealthy potential clients watching the exams and wagering on the results, we've done our job. And if we happen to say, make friends with one of the Rock Village's Jinchuriki or the son of the current Raikage and they go back and speak favorably of the 'kids from Sound' and that makes a major village more open to allying with us in the future, all the better. It is politics, basically."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

okay what you say makes sense, but that doesn't excuse "only one person get promoted" stupidity. none of what you say makes it not stupid. so I'm still not doing that, even if there are other ways. and I've never heard it as an "opportunity" you'll have to provide proof of that.

8. - Top - End - #428

Observation: Naruto, despite having access to a powerful Yin-Yang release healing technique able to completely regenerate Kakashi's eye and prevent Obito from dying from the one-two punch of Rinne Tensei and having a tailed beast ripped out of him, was unable to do more than stabilize Gai. He was stilled burned all to hell, still had all of the accumulated damage, and is apparently paralyzed from the waist down considering that he's still wheelchair-bound fifteen years later despite his missing foot seemingly having been replaced, as Naruto's arm was.

So... Physically enhancing the body might allow one to better handle the fourth-seventh gates(the ones that start to have detrimental effects,) but it would take absolutely ludicrous enhancements before there'd be even a chance of improving the odds of walking away from the Eighth.

Becuase Senko is eventually going to be offering mods to other people, which might include people who would use the gates.

Proposal:
    Inversion of Living corpse reincarnation that involves restoring biological function to a corpse and then absorbing it.

Pros: Gain power and chakra and, unlike the normal version, doesn't mean you start breaking down in three years if the host isn't strong enough. Does not require the morally reprehensible aspect of absorbing someone's soul. May or may not be usable more often than every three years.

Cons: Doesn't actually extend your life. May in fact shorten it, or at least take a hell of a lot out of the user and require extended recuperation since the life energy being used to repair the corpse and reactivate its cells has to come from somewhere. Unlike the original version, it does not grant Jutsu knowledge in and of itself, only power and bodily traits

Consideration: At sometime after Sasuke absorbed Orochimaru but before Orochimaru escaped from him and took the Curse Mark with him, one of Sasuke's version 2 wings turned into a bunch of snakes.

As Kabuto is known to generate snakes from his body, I am assuming based on Sasuke's example that this is a combination of White Snake Power and Jugo's kekkei genkai. Thus, I am considering eventually giving Senko variations on Hidden Shadow Snake Hands and it's derived techniques based on Senko generating snakes as an extension of her body instead of summoning snakes.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

I'm gonna finally post my thoughts of Alt Konoha:

Spoiler: Alt Konohagakure
    Show

The Land of Fire. Listening to Konoha speak, one gets the impression that they built and protect the most powerful nation in the world on their Will of Fire, their desire to seek peace whenever possible, and their genius ninja alone. That all owe the current system to their founders willingness to put aside their differences and centralize themselves to be a greater force, as well as their magnanimity and mercy to distribute the Tailed Beasts among the nations rather than keep them all to themselves and become an all conquering empire. That this age of relative peace, is thanks to them and their efforts to make and sustain it through their superior power and prosperity.

Do not believe everything they say. There is more to the story. What the Konoha Nin do not tell you is that the reason they are so prosperous is something far more mundane and commonplace: the land they live on is verdant and thus is the bread and rice basket of the shinobi world. The forests they live in are filled with trees abundant with lumber to build homes, their ranches provide them ample meat for dinner, and the farmers here have perfected their techniques to farm this land in a sustainable manner for generations. Most citizens of this land live comfortably and eat well.
    Furthermore their geographic location is right in the middle, making its cities economic crossroads for various cultures and nations across the shinobi nations, having a little of everything in it. That this place isn't the tall treacherous mountains of Lightning, the harsh deserts of Wind or Stone, or the isolated Land of Water only reachable by boat just adds to the accessibility of the Land of Fire. This land quite simply, won the geographic and economic lottery long before it ever won the clan lottery. In fact, one could argue that its the geography that causes Konoha's success more than anything else.

Why? Because all these Konoha geniuses are born into a comfortable, ideal environment. With their prosperity they are given the most opportunity to grow and develop their unique talents rather than being distracted by the harsh conditions around them, forcing them to think of their own basic survival rather than their best possible potential. They then grow up to recognize talent in others and bring out that potential in them to produce more “geniuses” in this ideal environment where the advantages just keep stacking up. Even the founding of the village was probably motivated by the land: both Senju and Uchiha clans being more powerful than anyone else, wanted the best land for their clan. They recognized that if they fought that they neither clan would get the best land in the world, and thus decided to negotiate terms and team up so they both get it instead. Thus leaving everyone else to get less valuable land.

Next, the distributing of the Tailed Beasts might not be as idealistically motivated as one might think. Sure there is the appeal of helping to prevent war and allowing for a better balance of power, but given that there has been three ninja wars since then, its not really working. The distributing of the Tailed Beasts probably had a measure of practical considerations to it: quite simply, Konoha is not capable of holding all nine beasts themselves in a sustainable manner. Tailed Beasts can't just be sealed into anyone, they have to be compatible, strong willed and strong of body. Sure multiple beasts can be sealed into one person, but one person having that much power is simply not a good idea, no one wants a jinchuuriki with multiple tailed beasts that would just be unstoppable, and more beasts mean more things getting out at once if your willpower fails due to emotional extremes.
    At the same time, Konoha couldn't just leave the Tailed Beasts to wander around and cause destruction, so putting them in the hands of other nations would at least make sure the Tailed Beasts are controlled and that the other nations can see them as allies and people to trade with. And of course they can keep the nine tailed beast and still be the most powerful nation in the world with their Senju and Uchiha clans, both of which can capture, control and contain tailed beasts in some manner, so why not? Essentially they gave away seven out of eight of the tailed beasts they had, because they knew that they can still win any single match up without them. Though one notes this does not help with winning a war, as costly victories can be worse than low cost defeat.

As for their rank and file Chuunin, like their lands namesake, most of them have an affinity for Fire. Despite this, they are cautioned to be careful with their affinity as they don't want to burn down the forests around them...most of the time. Thus many of them keep their fire jutsu controlled and figure out how to master another elements like wind, lightning or earth. Water is the least used element in Konoha, as they live entirely on land.

Of course Madara's influence as second hokage made Konoha go into greyer, darker direction, even if they quickly learned from the First Shinobi War that his win at all costs attitude and emphasis on overwhelming strength and power only lead to pyrrhic victories and winning locations that they could not hold for fear of stretching thin in environments they are not used to fighting in. There is parts of Konoha that criticize and reject some of Hashirama's ideals, even if they acknowledge some of his points. Certainly there are those among Konoha who take inspiration from Madara as much as they do Hashirama, believing darker methods and strength are sometimes needed.

Other nations of course have disgust for Konoha's “first among equals” attitude and acting as if they are all moral, high and mighty. They know that Konoha is capable of just much ruthlessness as any other nation and while Konoha produces some of the greatest of heroes, it also can produce the greatest of monsters. More than one person has been terrified of stories about the Yamanaka clan's ability to ferret out secrets, or the cold cruelty of the Leaf's snake summoners, or the prideful arrogance of the Uchiha and Hyuuga clans. Of course other nations are envious of the bountiful beautiful lands they live in free from their harsh environs. While also disliking Konoha for often interfering in matters that don't involve it, having a reputation of being meddlesome under the guise of trying to “help”. The fact that this help often involves economic benefits to Konoha is not lost on anyone. Konoha is basically a soft economic empire that while not technically being in charge of other nations, pull the strings on quite a big web so to speak.

Leaf nin of course take a look at the nations around them and console themselves that they are morally better than the Bloody Mist, more trusting than the mercurial Sand Village, more charming and personable than Iwagakure, or more relaxed than Lightning's grinding workplace conditions. That no matter their own flaws, at least they aren't the other guy. That they are surely the greatest nation in the world, fueled by their Will of Fire to make it ever greater and protect those they love. That all they do is for the greater health of the collective. Recently however after being given a bloody nose by the new Sound Village, they hold a grudge towards who they consider glorified terrorists and missing-nin.

The Land of Fire is ruled currently by the Fourth Hokage, who largely keeps himself mysterious and oddly out of the spotlight. If he is up to no good, there is no evidence of it that people can find. Little is known about him and people who go snooping for his past tend to....disappear.

Summoning Pacts:
    Frog
    Slug
    Snake
    Monkey
    Dog
    Crow
    Hawk

Forbidden Jutsu:
    Mostly the canon forbidden jutsu, though its questionable if Impure World Reincarnation Techniques still exists due to the historical changes, as well as Flying Thunder God- they probably don't.

the entire idea being that if Konoha/Root's the antagonist...then its not going to be out in the open about it. the cities of the land of fire probably live normal decent to good lives, just with higher standards of living, with no idea about the machinations of ninja like everyone else.

as for that inverted technique Rater....whatever I guess, just don't use it overpoweredly or something, I don't know anymore.

10. - Top - End - #430

Well, since it's based on an S-rank Kinjutsu, I imagine that by the time it can be used that...

Eh, I talked myself out of it.

As for the village... My first thought is that they're probably gonna be pissed at Senko stealing the snake contract out from underneath them.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #431

Suggestion: If Kimiko is going to be the engineer to Senko's biologist and invent things like the Kote and other scientific ninja tools, Kawaki from Boruto might be something to look into: Kara, the antagonist group that he's initially part of, was big into Shinobi-Ware, that is to say, mechanical prosthetics augmented with Scientific Ninja Tools to essentially make Ninja Cyborgs and Kawaki's body has been modified down to the level of his circulatory and nervous systems with countless nanoscopic ninja tools allowing him to alter his body at the cellular level to create weapons: He's basically using cybernetics to do what Jugo does with Senjutsu.

Consideration: White snake power grants snake-like traits or the ability to become snake-like. Based on the Jugo arc, Curse Marks/Jugo's bloodline can turn you quadrupedal(the minion girl looks like a wolf-horse pokemon) Conclusion: Senko should eventually be able to use both powers in conjunction to become a monstrous snake. Possibly leading into her own version of Eight Branches Technique at higher power levels.

Random Thought: Since Hashirama's Sage Mode seems to be based on Buddhas and Deities rather than an animal, combining it with Dragon Sage Mode(already the combination of Snake Sage Mode and Sage Transformation) should be Divine Dragon Sage Mode. I honestly have no idea what other combinations would be.

Character suggestion: Exiled "Heretic" Moon Otsusuki who refused to give up their eyes and thinks that instead of guarding the Demonic Statue of the Outer Path they should be trying to recreate the power of Hamura and The Sage so that there will be people strong enough if any True Otsusukis come here to investigate Kaguya's betrayal(whether their concerns are valid in this timeline is a different matter entirely.) Exiled to Earth and posing as a blind monk or mystic(but actually using their Byakugan to see through a thick blindfold) they wander the Continent looking for people who might be... receptive to their ideas.

Enter Senko and Kimiko and their respective distinct but overlapping goals.

Character would be a non-combatant but very lore-knowledgeable and able to train people in the more mystical and spiritual aspects of chakra control--maybe even rudimentary ninshu. Depending on timeline might be an alternate source for the Byakugan if Senko can't get any Hyuga cells.

(Extreme option, leads to Senko combining Hyuga and Otsusuki cells and gaining the Tenseigan late in the game, in which case she probably wouldn't gain the Rinnegan since the Tenseigan's got some powers that overlap with the Rinnegan. It'd be less redundant with Six Paths Sage Mode as well.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

I meant it more like that Kimiko will basically become a living walking Kote, if that makes sense. Like my basic ideal for her abilities is to acquire Konan's level of mastery over paper so she turn her entire body into paper seemingly at will, while also having good enough memory and chakra control to basically forming seals out of ink all over her body so she can basically use any jutsu by memorizing the seal for it, forming it on her hand or paper tentacle that she extends from her body, then fires it. like think Konan, but now imagine she has a bunch of seals all over her body to do various things and reforming those seals into other seals to do other things.

if I can say, enhance that with Sai's ink drawing technique to just start attacking with art from her own body, even better. just a raise a hand, out jumps art tiger on unsuspecting foe.

I'll consider what cyber-nin could fit into that, but given its Boruto tech, its probably unlikely to be able to be invented. unless certain leaps in Kimiko's knowledge are made.

in the meantime my idea of engineering is that she'd make various fuinjutsu based inventions, with my current thought being that she'd try to make things to better detect and study chakra empirically like goggles to see chakra like a dojutsu user would or a chakrameter to measure the wavelengths of chakra to see if they match up to the color they emit. y'know less self-improvement and more being a gadgeteer/scientist who just wants to figure out whats possible with chakra then figure out what they can do with chakra and what fun toys she can make from what she discovers.

like think of her trying to be Chakra Nikola Tesla or Da Vinci, she wants immortality yes, buts that only because her main goal is discovery, knowing all jutsu and Making Cool Stuff. so...why not do it forever?

as for the Moonstuki, seems like someone for the late game but sure I guess as long as its done well?

13. - Top - End - #433

I mean, scientific ninja-tools are basically just more advanced applications of the same formulas that are used for written fuinjutsu and the various paper tags mixed with relatively basic technologies.

I was thinking more "advanced sealing formulas can be compressed down to nanoscopic size and engraved on things that are then integrated into a human body to make something transhuman" being canonically possible being something that's good for Kimiko's development than suggesting that you copy Kawaki exactly.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, scientific ninja-tools are basically just more advanced applications of the same formulas that are used for written fuinjutsu and the various paper tags mixed with relatively basic technologies.

I was thinking more "advanced sealing formulas can be compressed down to nanoscopic size and engraved on things that are then integrated into a human body to make something transhuman" being canonically possible being something that's good for Kimiko's development than suggesting that you copy Kawaki exactly.
    Hm. I see. so THATs what your talking about. I don't think I watched/read that specific part

but that sounds great, I just have to figure out what sort of discoveries that would lead to Kimiko figuring that out herself. and what she'd use that for. though really, figuring out how to minimize advanced seal arrays and use them to make herself transhuman in theoretically any way she wants then having absolutely no idea where to go from there would be perfectly in character as she is more interested in the process than any specific goal aside from the one that keeps her from dying. I'll have to ponder the implications and like brainstorm possible enhancements.

15. - Top - End - #435

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Hm. I see. so THATs what your talking about. I don't think I watched/read that specific part

but that sounds great, I just have to figure out what sort of discoveries that would lead to Kimiko figuring that out herself. and what she'd use that for. though really, figuring out how to minimize advanced seal arrays and use them to make herself transhuman in theoretically any way she wants then having absolutely no idea where to go from there would be perfectly in character as she is more interested in the process than any specific goal aside from the one that keeps her from dying. I'll have to ponder the implications and like brainstorm possible enhancements.
    Kimiko is the kind of person who would accidentally a Zombie Apocolypse, isn't she?

Hypothetical future conversation: "Kimiko-san, I have mutated myself into an albino tree-snake-dragon-abomination of bones and eyes in pursuit of divinity, enlightenment, and loopholes in statues regarding public decency. Of the two of us, it should not be I who keeps a mind in terms of practical application and ethical concerns over whether or not something can be done."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko is the kind of person who would accidentally a Zombie Apocolypse, isn't she?

Hypothetical future conversation: "Kimiko-san, I have mutated myself into an albino tree-snake-dragon-abomination of bones and eyes in pursuit of divinity, enlightenment, and loopholes in statues regarding public decency. Of the two of us, it should not be I who keeps a mind in terms of practical application and ethical concerns over whether or not something can be done."
    "Look I thought a Replicating Yin Seal spreading a memetic plague of the word "brains" through peoples minds would remind everyone to get smarter and more educated, not making them start craving brains as food and acting dumber! that didn't happen in testing. Come on help me figure out how to change this so that it works as intended, I must've mix up the symbols for food craving and intellectual curiosity..."

but seriously she probably is not entirely unaware of consequences but she is kind supposed to be a character to get away from Jade's mindset who does nothing but consider ethical concerns over whether this or that should be done for a mindset of having fun with and figuring out a magic system, and start out as probably not the best person and hopefully develop into someone better.

17. - Top - End - #437

Basically, Kimiko's goal is to do science forever so when she sciences it's mostly to see if something can be done.

Senko's goal is self-improvement followed by cultural improvement, so when she sciences she is looking for things that might be beneficial to her personal use and tests whether or not it works.

So... Kimiko would probably keep improving her inventions, while Senko's drugs and procedures would probably stop improving once they're safe for public use... until she has a reason to improve it, at least.

(Example: If she starts making a Tailed Beast Drug, she'd probably leave it at that instead of trying to mass-produce Pseudo-Jinchuriki... Assuming she has a sustainable means of mass-producing the drug.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #438

Igor, it's been a bit.

Are you okay?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Again, useless apologies, and excuses which aren't actually relevant, but those that are somehwat relevant- I can't keep up with the ooc, and I fear, I facked up in the IC, and not sure what to do.
    But working now on a reply..
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

20. - Top - End - #440

An idea that popped into my head today: If Senko is to gain Kabuto's Dragon Sage Mode... Which she will, becuase Dragon Sage Mode is just Jugo's Sage Transformation combined with Snake Sage Mode, then she may decide that she needs a fitting name.

Senko is written as "Hermit Child" rather than the normal characters for that name

So, if she becomes Ryujin Senko, her name becomes part of a title that could be read as "Dragon-God Sage-Child." Ryujin no Senko would be "Senko of the Dragon-Gods" or "Sage Child of the Dragon-Gods."

So... don't be surprised if she starts insisting on a title along those lines.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, it might take me awhile to think of a reply that won't explode the game and keep Odayama in character.

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #442

I can dial back some of what Senko said if that would make it easier to reply to.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

I don't want Senko to act NOT in character, and Odayama supposed to be the adult one.
    For now their vibes kind of doesn't work. If originally, I knew of Senko, I wouldn't have made Odayama the Sensei/Captain.

He doesn't like being ordered around by kids, and also, to him it feels as abuse of his honesty.
    He didn't wanted to deal with such things,and Senko doesn't seems to trust him.

He doesn't work with Genins as annoying colluges
    .. he had as a patrol guard.
    More or less, the natural reply was to honestly say all that, and tell Senko he can't work with her.

But I don't want that. So. I need to think

Because this line of thinking might be because I am tired and frusrated irl.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2020-06-30 at 12:21 AM.

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #444

Actually, thinking on it Senko's reaction is a bit over the top. I'm going to tone it down regardless.

And edited.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-06-30 at 12:26 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #445

A thought that occurred to me while reading Kimiko's notes on chakra colors...

...Chakra colors.

"Chakra" is named after a concept in Indian spiritualism(and, by extension, Hinduism and Buddhism) that spiritual energy(Chi/Qi/Ki in East Asian adaptions of Buddhism) flows through the body in various meridians and points in the body--the obvious parallel in NAruto being the Chakra Circulatory System(which is actually called "Meridians" in the original Japanese.) The concept of acupuncture and reiki massage come from this.

The Seven(sometimes more, but we will focus on the main seven) chakras are points in the body where one's energy pools in large concentrations. Opening the chakras brings spiritual, mental, and if you believe in this stuff, physical health benefits and sometimes supernatural powers depending on the exact belief system.

And each Chakra has a color associated with it: The Root Chakra, located at the very base of the spine, is associated with safety, survival, the concept of being grounded, and drawing power or nourishment directly from the Earth. It is the foundation of one's spiritual health, power, or sometimes divinity.

What are the tailed Beasts? They're pieces of the Shinju. What does the Shinju do? It spreads its roots through the ground and literally sucks the life and soul out of the planet and concentrates to a fruit for the Otsusukis to gain power and nourishment as well as to maintain their divinity. The tailed beasts are impervious to all but the most powerful of direct attacks and can't be permanently harmed or killed and most of them have abilities directly tied to keeping themselves and/or their hosts alive. One must have confronted and overcome their emotions--or be grounded--in order to 'tame' the tailed beasts and use their power safely. They, via being of the shinju, are technically the source of all chakra.

Fits pretty well, doesn't it?

Blue? The Throat chakra, which covers self-expression, expression of truth, creative expression, communication, perfect form and patterns. This is the original purpose by which the Sage of Six Paths gave humans and chakra.

Green, the Heart Chakra, love, relationships, integration, and compassion. It's a bit of a stretch but the argument exists that Sage Mode, which is abut integrating natural energy from the environment into yourself, requires you to have a relationship with nature and most of the people we see using Senjutsu Chakra either have compassion and love(Naruto is... Yeah. Jiraiya might have been a pervert but apparently his novels work as straight romances and have decent advice for all kinds of relationships. Jugo has a great deal of respect and compassion for all living things when he's not driven to murderous rage, Mitsuki's character growth is built entirely around his relationships, and Kabuto's fall to evil is based on the manipulation of relationships and after his redemption e becomes a kind and loving father figure to the leaf Village's orphans.) If you want to say that it's deliberate rather than coincidence, the fact that Orochimaru can't use Sage Mode despite being able to perfectly mold Senjutsu chakra could be emblematic of his lack of love or compassion.

Now let's look at other colors of chakra we've seen: Yellow, shown primarily with NAruto's perfected Fox cloak and it's evolutions, the Yellow Chakra is found at the Solar Plexus and is associated with it mental activities, intellect, personal power, will. Most of Naruto's training through the series leading upt o his mastering Kurama's chakra and ultimately befriending Kurama has amounted to mental/spiritual training, to improve his intellect and metal fortitude, and he certainly has a lot of will. In order to achieve this form, Naruto had to have a great deal of power separate from Kurama's and the knowledge and skill of how to use it, and after befinrding Kururama his personal power shot through the roof.

(Also, in the manga, all human chakra was originally yellow, which ties chakra in general into the personal power theme.)

Purple could be one of two things: Depending on who you ask it is either associated with the Third Eye chakra which is about clarity of vision, seeing past illusions, inner wisdom, or extra sesory perception... Purple Chakra is shown by Hinata after she inherits the chakra of Hamara Ostusuki, the root source of the Byakugan in human and a source of divine power(Including the Tenseigan.) It is also found in Orochimaru's curse marks... Which are a form of Sage Mode, which grants enhanced sensory abilities and are ultimately derived from Jugo, a Sage, who has a degree of inner wisdom himself. (The Third Eye is usually Indigo when it's not purple.)

The Crown chakra, which is usually white, is sometimes said to be purple. It is the key to a spiritual connection tot eh cosmos, allowing one to draw power and/or nurishment from pure energy drawn from nature and/or the cosmos itself. sounds like Jugo and the curse marks derived from him, how they tap natural energy passively.

I'm not saying that we literally adopt the chakras(the eight gates are too similar a concept), and some of this is a stretch, but there's enough data to draw a pattern... admittedly, it may be a coincidence(though there is a lot of Indian influence in Naruto if you know where to look.)

The only chakra missing is the second--the sacral chakra(you know the triangle bone in the middle of the pelvis? That.) which is associated with raw emotion, pleasure, sexuality, and creativity and is associated with the color orange. The color worn by the energetic, fun-loving, but strongly emotional guy who ends up being very creative with what he has. and is the color of the secretly super sensitive monster that hides his feelings behind rage who can sense the dark emotions and ill intent of others.

...I've kind of been on an Avatar kick lately. The idea of chakras was in my mind.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-06-30 at 06:05 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

"has roots in Indian mythology" can be said for a lot of things, as Sun Wukong has similarities to the indian folkloric/mythical figure Hanuman, and look how influential Sun Wukong is.

reminds me of Masako's chakra color theories. except maybe more plausible. I'd honestly give Naruto more credit than Dragon Ball that they intentionally did it, because Naruto is more consistent with its indian references.

as for adopting it....hm. seems more symbolic than anything else, so its questionable if it would actually affect anything. I'll leave to you if you want to depict Senko with this kind of symbolism since its your character and your care about this spiritual stuff, while Kimiko....its questionable how much spirituality she really has, given that her reaction to such things is to try and poke it with a science stick to see if she can measure the immeasurable.

I honestly did not expect Mitsuko to become Anbu. But it does give me a good opportunity to make art:

Spoiler: Mitsuko appearances
    Show

The extra mask in the middle is just an alternate look for it, don't worry about it.

27. - Top - End - #447

I mean "the seven chakras and the eight gates are overlapping concepts." The Eighth Gate and the Fourth Chakra are both supposedly located on the heart.

While the idea of there being important tenketsu at the base of the spine, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, forehead, and crown is logical, the idea of anything special about them [I]in addition/I] to the Gates that regulate chakra is a bit much.

I was mostly commenting on symbolism.

...Though, I could see it as a means, a thought exercise if you will, for Senko to improve upon her chakra control and achieve sage mode. Whether it's literal or not is irrelevant to whether or not those kinds of meditations work.

(In which case, her modifications would be general self-improvement rather than curing things, becuase opening and unblocking the chakras isn't exactly hard. I would probably drop the 'unable to use Shape Manipulation' thing in favor of her just preferring to enhance her body and natural abilities with different kinds of chakra/bloodlines being absorbed into her transformation though, for reasons of what seems logical.)

One could argue that Senko's root "chakra" (I'd need to make up an appropriate term since Chakra is taken) is already open as demonstrated by both her general self-confidence (she's independent and is self-assured in her ability to survive, caring more about the wellbeing of others over herself) and her desire to maintain contact with the ground.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #448

The soft body modification is categorized as a hidden technique-presumably because of the drugs and surgery or... however

In canon, we only reverse it used by Orochimaru and the sound Ninja, but at the same time nobody blinked at Tsurugi, a Leaf ninja who defected to sound and a genin, having had the modification done to him before he formally defected and it was apparently invented for purposes of being able to squeeze through openings that were too small.

I honestly don't know if it would be something that Senko could be aware of or not. I was just gonna have it be something she did but now I am a little spooked about getting too metagamey.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

The soft body modification is categorized as a hidden technique-presumably because of the drugs and surgery or... however

In canon, we only reverse it used by Orochimaru and the sound Ninja, but at the same time nobody blinked at Tsurugi, a Leaf ninja who defected to sound and a genin, having had the modification done to him before he formally defected and it was apparently invented for purposes of being able to squeeze through openings that were too small.

I honestly don't know if it would be something that Senko could be aware of or not. I was just gonna have it be something she did but now I am a little spooked about getting too metagamey.
    About time you got spooked by something after all these years, I was beginning to think you were completely fearless and not know what to do with you running into danger at every turn.

and she doesn't have to know about in advance, we can just arrange her to see it by luck or something, and Kimiko wants to learn all jutsu anyways....so.....its less "will we come across this technique?" and more "HOW and WHEN will we come across this technique in the midst of acquiring numerous others?"

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

It intresting concept. I think that among the many themes of Naruto, is about people taking spirituality, their talents, nature for their cynical monstrouse needs.
    The terrorists usually were trying to break this system.
    (And if you can unignore Kaguya bringing devil fruits to the Naruto world, this theme is force fed into you)
    Like... I have read about diffrent martial arts, among them Krav Maga, of the isreali special security forces... and it's concept it lack the philosophy of martial arts. It train you to neutralize your opponets, as practical and fast as possible.
    (One cool move I have seen, they put a key between their fingers, directing at the eyes) no honor no nothing.
    So the ninja world is kind of like that?

But there are religouse groups. Specifly for Ottokagure, I made up the Mayuwi clan, who are very orthodox monks, sort of parallel to Hyuga, I can see them trian and talk in these terms.

Btw- as usual, cool art Raziere. I wish I could do stuff like that

------
    My previouse Avater