New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

Do you ever dream about a game you're in

Last night I dreamed, in anime, that Kimiko, Usagi, Yuyuyu, and Senko accidentally ended up in the main timeline during the time skip and Danzo wouldn't believe that they weren't from that Sound village, they ended up fighting him all at once, and then Senko turned into a snake and bit off the Sharingarm before thanking him for handing her everything she needed to become the New Sage of Six Paths before turning into a Snek-Tree covered in eyes and shooting lasers everywhere.

So what I'm saying is that Senko is definitely learning how to turn into a snake.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #542

Igor?

I hate to pressure you like this, but...

We need to know what you're going to do. I'd hate to see you leave a game you started... Especially if ti's because of something I did, but... If you're having trouble or the game isn't making you happy...

If we don't do something, the game is going to die.

So, we should really finish the Bell Test, at the very least, and decide what's going on from there.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Igor, we really do not care about whether your as "good" as us, if that concept can be applied to something as subjective as roleplaying at all. we really do just want you as a friend to be here and enjoy yourself. we're not lying to you or anything. like really, the more the merrier, I'd rather have three people in a roleplay than two. sure I can roleplay with Rater but....he is only one flavor. like not say he is bad or anything, but when enjoying food kind of want a different meal to eat than just one y'know? and its not as if anyone else is willing to roleplay this stuff. you care about things he doesn't and that makes the roleplay all the richer.

I don't know if there is some objective measurement of roleplaying prowess one can measure themselves with out there, and I doubt there is. but if this hypothetical measurement existed....so what? there is no contest. no competition. the only measurement that matters is whether we're happy with it and you seem more torn up about what we could possibly think about it....than what we actually think about it. like you somehow build up this image in your head of these other Raziere and Rater that don't exist that are gonna harshly criticize you or something, but we're just your friends dude. our primary concern is having fun and making sure you are too.

and thing is, the longer you keep away trying to be perfectionist with every post? thats not going to solve your problem. I say from experience that it won't. because all it it, is procrastination, combining itself with social anxiety to form this loop of "I don't have a good enough idea right now, I'll do it later -> I haven't done it yet, (I think) they are going to hate me! -> I'll stay away more they probably hate me -> aaagh! I haven't done it yet! they probably hate me even more!" its this weird loop fueled by avoidant behavior and fear that just keeps making it balloon up bigger every time until your afraid to do anything because you don't want to screw up, but keep putting it off thus making you fear it even more. perfection is the enemy of "good" and "finished". the proper solution is just do it an accept the imperfection, and find out that the friends didn't care about how long you've been gone and were just worried about you. I know I am.

so please, get yourself out of the cycle, I know it too well.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #544

If you're having trouble, Raz and I can handle the storyline for a bit until you're sure what you want to do.

Off the top of my head, I could do something with Fuyuki-san or something with Ryucji-cave. (All things considered, the illusion tests that were shown in Boruto aren't that complicated. A group of genin could handle that situation. They're most tests of perception, character, and logic.)

A good place to start from here, though: Kimiko got the bell and then while we wait for Odyama to wake up someone asks why the hell Senko is carrying a corpse around.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #545

Igor? You will with us?

If you honestly want to leave... I don't want that, but I won't stop you.

But at bare minimum, we need to move past the current scene.

...Or, at the very least, Raz and I should come up with a scene to do until you figure out what you want to do.

"Ishikawa-sensei? That thing we talked about earlier? Yeah. I was drastically under-informed about just how poor our village's position was. I assumed that we had somebargaining power instead of solely existing because the Leaf village has chosen not to slaughter us all. I need to drastically rethink my proposal."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #546

Actually, I have come up with a way to do Ryuchi Cave without jut rehashing the Bort episode and a reason for people other than Senko to be there.

As I see it, there are two options;

1: I run it with just Senko and Kimiko to keep the IC thread from dying while Igor figures out what he wants to do.

2: Igor, if you are still here and seeing this? We end the current scene and move on with this with the whole team.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

I PM'd Igor just in case Igor wasn't reading the thread, but they still have not replied to me.

So....I guess we'll go with your plan, whenever you feel its time. Sigh. was hoping otherwise but if its come to it I'll have to do the Nozojo assassination myself, whenever we're ready for it. I simply can't play Nozojo myself.

the other characters, unfortunately, we can't write out as easily. Odayama is our assigned team leader, so unless something happens to him, that isn't changing. Ameoku is the villages Jonin commander, so unless something happens to her, that can't change. and Usagi is apart of the team. so thats three characters I'll have to make my own interpretation of, because I doubt we want to kill four characters off this early. this isn't DBitp where we can send people off to other planets or worlds to do whatever if the person is no longer here, so....there has to be either reinterpretations of the characters going forward, or something has to happen to them.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-08-26 at 09:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

I have read.
    Thank you. I just irl busy, mostly with the girls preparing for 1 september.
    I will reply in the roleplay, and thank you more throughly ASAP.
    Again, sorry and thankcyou.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

9. - Top - End - #549

It's good to see you're still with us, Igor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I PM'd Igor just in case Igor wasn't reading the thread, but they still have not replied to me.

So....I guess we'll go with your plan, whenever you feel its time. Sigh. was hoping otherwise but if its come to it I'll have to do the Nozojo assassination myself, whenever we're ready for it. I simply can't play Nozojo myself.

the other characters, unfortunately, we can't write out as easily. Odayama is our assigned team leader, so unless something happens to him, that isn't changing. Ameoku is the village Jonin commander, so unless something happens to her, that can't change. and Usagi is apart of the team. so thats three characters I'll have to make my own interpretation of, because I doubt we want to kill four characters off this early. this isn't DBitp where we can send people off to other planets or worlds to do whatever if the person is no longer here, so....there has to be either reinterpretations of the characters going forward, or something has to happen to them.
    So, what I'm thinking: Senko lives very frugally, and I imagine that not all of her research has gone into her personal projects so she's probably getting decent enough pay.

She can probably afford a C-Rank mission.

Mostly, she just wants Kimiko around to slap a sealing tag on her so she won't go berserk and attack the White Snake Sage during the "bite and inject with natural energy thing."

However, officially Menko is a young pristest in training and she hired a team from Sound to provide security while she goes on a pilgrimage to *actual shrine* in the Land of Fire.

Becuase Ryuchi Cave is canonically in the Land of Fire, and I imagine that Sound Ninja will need a valid reason to be in the country and might still get harrassed so having a cover story at the border is useful becuase I imagine that Leaf Ninjas would probably try to put a stop to Sound Ninja getting the Snake contract.

Edit: Got bored, ran Senko through the Hiveswap extended Zodiac Test.

She's an Aquapia

I gotta tell you, that's a lot more accurate than I was expecting. Especially the footwear coment.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-08-27 at 06:05 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

I am sorry, but I am thankful for the understanding and the support.

nd thing is, the longer you keep away trying to be perfectionist with every post? thats not going to solve your problem. I say from experience that it won't. because all it it, is procrastination, combining itself with social anxiety to form this loop of "I don't have a good enough idea right now, I'll do it later -> I haven't done it yet, (I think) they are going to hate me! -> I'll stay away more they probably hate me -> aaagh! I haven't done it yet! they probably hate me even more!" its this weird loop fueled by avoidant behavior and fear that just keeps making it balloon up bigger every time until your afraid to do anything because you don't want to screw up, but keep putting it off thus making you fear it even more. perfection is the enemy of "good" and "finished"
    was quite accurate.

I'll write a post, it probably won't be great, but I'll be back to reply more or less in normal pace.
    Sorry again.

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

Glad your back Igor, but really don't hesitate to tell us if your busy and need more time. its a lot less drama.

that mission could probably work. border guards are probably not ninja, but ashigaru. I wouldn't think that there is enough ninja for that, so for the ashigaru its more of a "hm, ninja from another nation, sounds like a ninja problem, but we need to survive while also not getting fired, how do that?" cross between asking "sir do you have your passport?"

because I imagine the ashigaru protocol in this instance would be:
    1. don't engage. they're ninja, you'll die
    2. make sure they have their passport so that they can legally cross the border
    3. report that they are in the nation with a message to Konoha with what their business is so that they are not mistaken for intruders.

what the ninja actually do about it is another matter, but the entire process would basically be hand off the problem to shinobi and have it on paper that it was all officially a legal mission happening, because things get worse if it isn't.

I only have one konoha team planned out though that I don't want introduce until Chuunin Exams so I'll either have to do a generic or come up with a second to send

(Huh, Kimiko is a Scorsces. Weird, but accurate in some places.)

12. - Top - End - #552

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I only have one konoha team planned out though that I don't want introduce until Chuunin Exams so I'll either have to do a generic or come up with a second to send

(Huh, Kimiko is a Scorsces. Weird, but accurate in some places.)
    I was thinking that it was more a "cover our asses because we're crossing the border" thing and that the actual conflict would, other than maybe some random bandits, occur at the cave proper.

At absolute most, the fact that we never turned up at the shrine might be noted and when the exact same team turns up at the Chunin Exam it causes some interesting questions.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I was thinking that it was more a "cover our asses because we're crossing the border" thing and that the actual conflict would, other than maybe some random bandits, occur at the cave proper.

At absolute most, the fact that we never turned up at the shrine might be noted and when the exact same team turns up at the Chunin Exam it causes some interesting questions.
    Okay, that is sensible. sounds like a job for a recon team to fulfill the role of checking it and noting they didn't come.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-08-27 at 10:07 PM.

14. - Top - End - #554

Though after that I imagine that "the snakes have chosen a sage from another village" might be a bigger concern after that which might eat up more investigative time until it becomes clear that they're one in the same.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

After they decide their wish- is there something else you wish to do before next mission?

You want to do specific mission?
    I had an idea for a murder mystery in other town.
    I guess it would be considered C ranked mission?

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #556

Well, I was just talking with Raz about doing the thing with the snakes just now.

In order to do that, though, Senko would presumably need to arrange time off from the labs. Ryuchi cave is a day or two's walk from the Leaf Village so it's probably a bit further from the Sound Village.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #557

Is my most recent post too hard to respond to?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

I am waiting for Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

Ok. So.. I am planning on the next post to start the new mission and timejump few days.
    Anything else you want to do before?
    It's going out of village mission.

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #560

It just means that Raz and I need to be quick about the scene at the laboratory.

I was planning the Ryuchi cave thing, but I can push it back a little.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

No. nothing in particular. developing the mother daughter relationship is best done gradually anyways.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    It just means that Raz and I need to be quick about the scene at the laboratory.

I was planning the Ryuchi cave thing, but I can push it back a little.
    It's a
    Journey.
    It can happen on the way there or back if you wish.
    I have more strict time line for "Futility-Arc" storyline, everything else is open to tinker with

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #563

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    It's a
    Journey.
    It can happen on the way there or back if you wish.
    I have more strict time line for "Futility-Arc" storyline, everything else is open to tinker with
    Ryuchi cave is in the land of Fire and, apparently, is protected by a Genjutus that means you can't find it unless you're actively looking for it.

It'd be better to leave it as it's own separate thing, it's fine.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

Oh.
    Btw. How freely is Senko roaming in the labs?
    I would like to connect her to this storyline, and roaming there, she might witness some hints.

I guess it can also be something for Jirou.

Just take in mind,that Jirou would be busy more then ever.

Raziere- if you ok, with annoying politics, I was thinking of roleplaying scene of the Head of the Fukayomi clan.(the monks) who are misognetic/shuvenstic to a fault.. and powerful and arrogant not unlike Hyuga. They are supposed to mirror them.

And their leader will bless Jirou for putting his mother in her place, and rivaling Ameoku.

If it too much, that fine.
    Honestly,got inspired again.
    ^^'

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #565

Well, she's allowed to spearhead projects and use lab resources in part for her own benefit, but she's directly subordinate to Jirou...

So she has less clearance than Jirou but probably has pretty decent reign of the labs.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Oh.
    Btw. How freely is Senko roaming in the labs?
    I would like to connect her to this storyline, and roaming there, she might witness some hints.

I guess it can also be something for Jirou.

Just take in mind,that Jirou would be busy more then ever.

Raziere- if you ok, with annoying politics, I was thinking of roleplaying scene of the Head of the Fukayomi clan.(the monks) who are misognetic/shuvenstic to a fault.. and powerful and arrogant not unlike Hyuga. They are supposed to mirror them.

And their leader will bless Jirou for putting his mother in her place, and rivaling Ameoku.

If it too much, that fine.
    Honestly,got inspired again.
    ^^'
    No, thats okay, I planned for this. He specifically is doing a lot of this so that Kimiko interacts with people other than himself. I'm down with this. just one question: can he bring Kikenna to this scene?

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

Alrigjt.

So for Senko, I plan a bit of Harry Potter-ish scene- she is witnessing a bit of hint, and nosing around will reward her with a bit more or hints.

---

Raziere- it might be semi wise-
    The monks think women should NOT be warriors of any kind, but they semi accept that this is a thing outside their clan.
    How ever, Jirou being engaged,make him look more mature to them.
    So if Kikena won't flaunt her power, or kunoichness too much, her presence will actually help.

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #568

That works, on the Senko front.

Edit: BTW, double checking arraretly it was the resources of Ryuchi Cave that let Orochimaru figure out what was up with Juugo and perfect the curse marks, so... Yeah.

Being assisted by someone who already knows how Juugo's bloodline works, a Snake Sage, and also the Shark sage? Jirou could maybe make cure marks that are better than the ones in canon.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-08-30 at 02:43 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

Cool.
    Just updating,it's setting up scene post, so it relativly long for me, I'll write it up after work.
    Not to nag, just not let you wonder if I have a freak out again or something.

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #570

So, the way I'm thinking of it now:

Menko will be the first person whose cell's Senko augments herself with, most likely just after the Ryuchi Cave storyline... Unless Senko somehow gets Ameoku's research on combining humans with summon animals.

I imagine that this would be what does most of the work in balancing her chakra, since Menko has a Yin affinity, and would probably synergize with the white snake power resulting in a slow but progressive spread of snakelike influence beyond the snake tail Senko is getting from the power by itself once she has both.

It would also presumably greatly expand her natural life-span, but that doesn't really come up much in game play.

Other then Senko maybe being able to so some more basic jutsu it wouldn't really do much more than give her very slightly more chakra.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks