New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

this is my art for my characters then:

Spoiler: Ishikawas and Yuyuyu
    Show

Jirou is her older brother, and while he is good at fuinjutsu, made his own unique sword and has water release affinity, he didn't inherit the paper release bloodline and thus considered a disappointment by the clan.

Mitsuko is her mother and while she is inherited the bloodline, she was thrown into a time of war and thus while is great the paper techniques themselves never had time or the inclination to grasp the intricacies of fuinjutsu herself, and hopes that Kimiko will do so in her stead.

while Musumu is just the crazy uncle of the family, has a couple techniques he stole in from other ninjas and turned into fuinjutsu for his own unique style, and is known for going for the unexpected, but isn't all that special aside from having those couple of jutsu for his style.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

You wow me, once again with your ability to make OOTS-ish art look so badass. I might tempted to try to.
    someday I'll draw Usagi and Yojimbo
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

About the ears of Futility-San
    Spoiler: slight spoiler?
    Show

I was thinking that like in Konoha who stealing from each other, or even giving as sign of friendship, eyes..
    At the Sound Village you can stich bloodline related to ears.
    Which imply... he has both abilities of Fukaimi and Komoro

------
    My previouse Avater

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Ok
    Again. I owe you an apology.
    In short, I didn't replied because I overthinking it. And fearing that maybe I have missed an important element.

In longer version, I had specific plan, to make Futility San last as hanging threat for a while, but your post was cool, and beside inworld, they won fair and square as ninjas goes.

I actually listened to music and thought for hours over hours... and well, I decided that you are right. Wether bad or not, it's bettet to progress rather then not. I am working on update.
    I hope it mean anything, that my lack of replies is from over caring for this game, rather then not caring.

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Well just something to remember:
    whoever said that was the real futility-san?

ninjas- particularly the villains- are all about faking their deaths or outliving what they shouldn't in this world. all it takes for that futility san to not be real is one special technique that most people don't know about, and thats true for many ninja techniques, and then there is the fact that some villains dabble with science cloning and genetic manipulation, that its possible to both alter appearances and mind control people, all sorts of things that are possible to make sure Futility San to return. its your choice, but I can see this just being a ninja-style doombot.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Well, actually I had an idea about techniques inspired from the manga of Shaman King and Kabuto's.
    Basicly a corpse, which you project your soul on it, and make it sense as the real one with chakra.
    (Oversoul. If you know the technique)
    But then thought it might be too out there for Naruto.

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Well, actually I had an idea about techniques inspired from the manga of Shaman King and Kabuto's.
    Basicly a corpse, which you project your soul on it, and make it sense as the real one with chakra.
    (Oversoul. If you know the technique)
    But then thought it might be too out there for Naruto.
    You don't need the soul, you just need to record a copy of a mind as information, inject that copy using some long ritual involving a lot of fuinjutsu, think more of something he needs to prepare months to do once rather than a technique he can just pull out whenever. if anything is too out there, just lock it behind needing a large amount of time and preparation to do it once and provide a physical medium to do it through so that it looks more like someone making something significant rather than something disposable.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-08-13 at 01:28 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

That might work. But also, I didn't wanted to take away their achievment.

Other idea route is more emotional. (At least at start) Futility-san is close relative of someone. (This is part of his background)
    But it could also be achieved later.
    I guess, a missing nin who survived so far, wouldn't act this reckless
    (Attacking club with many war veterans) without a back up plan.

Also, would you like a skip, or seeing Odayma discussing their test?

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

By the way
    Spoiler: Usagi
    Show

Not too happy, nor proud. But it's something...

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Also, would you like a skip, or seeing Odayma discussing their test?
    I mean I just wanted to get the song out of the way, you can do whatever from here.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

By the way, I liked it very much.
    I think the Village's station will also broadcaste it!

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Clan Fukaimi
    Spoiler
    Show

Clan of the "deep ear" are a monastic clan, with strict traditions and customs that would look alien to others. They are also very recongnizable by their l9jg ear lubes https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...l3m6yB5Ecr8fxN, and their very specifc monastic attire. They used to be a monastic order, who were focused on listening to the vibes of the universe and the living beings. They have sworn chasity and pacism. Both oathes were impossible to sustain in the first ninja world war, if they wanted their philosophy to have living people to follow it.
    They took women, and used their insight for deadly self defence.
    The Fukaimi were targeted by all villages alike- an indepdent religouse cult, with such abilities were frowned upon, by any major ninja force.
    They were conviced to join the Sound Village. Their status has few nuances : they are powerful, yet they alienate themselves from the others with their unique customs and their attitude toward women.

)"fun fact": Inspired by Enel from One Piece, and also the observation haki ability or "Mantra' as it called by Enel)

Charectristics
    Have extremly long ear lubes.
    Have many religouse customs, one of the first to notice is shaving their heads. But they also allowed to eat only rice and drink water, and at festivities(even celebrating a victory could be considered a victory) they are allowed to season their rice and drink juice.
    They are also fasting at least once a week.s
    How ever, their wives and daughters aren't obliged to those oathes, and they also manage most of the "material" aspects ot their life including money and usually even politics.
    They have very strict view of gender restrictions, and the existecd of so many warrior women, is explained by "misplaced male soul".
    The more traditional Sound Village attire is inspired by the Fukaimi robes.
    They might seems apathic because they work toward go pass the emotions which are holding them back on their spiritual journey.

Known Members

Head Clan: Giyatsu Fukaimi
    50 years old. Calm. Collected.
    And seems to secretly enjoy gambling. Let his mother to do the actual managment

Mayuwo Fukaimi- 12. Fresh genin of the Hope Generation, member of team 1.

Fukaimi Bloodline Abilties

Fukaimi's abilities from shallow first view might be similiar to Komoro, jn the same way, Hyuaga and Uchiha are similiar.
    But their listening abilities are more "spiritual" and they don't use genjutsu as much. They have unique fighting style of open palms and/or using gongs.
    Using their Kiku abilities too much causing devasating headaches, which is part of the reason they medidate so much- to sooth the pain.

Examples

Listen Porpuse "Kikumoku': D Ranked: Ability to listen to the will of living being, or it's intention. The effect is similiar to Sharingan, at that, it allow them to sense and listen what others intent to attack from.

Thunder Palm."Sandateno': D ranked Ninjutsu. This technique allow the user to create sonic "gloves" by clapping. Using their listen they can hit vital points, of blood pressure chakra. (Not unlike hyuga) how ever, after hit with each palm, there is need to cast the jutsu again.

[Kikuhoko- C Ranked- an improvment of the Kikumoku. This technique listen to the slight vibrations and movements of objects, and "hear" their aim, and can prepare for attacks of non living objects as well.

Lion Roar-C Ranked Using gong, and tunning through focus into the chime, the user's blood pressure rise up safely, and double his speed and strentgh. The uses does stack, but the user need to have high level of focus. The gong could be used offesinvly, to rise blood pressure in a negstive way, but such use would hurt allies as well. So it, rarely useful.

Hearing Plans- Kikukako- B Ranked The listening ability is enhanced to listen a one or more seconds into the future or the past. But such level require sacrafice of one of the senses. Usually the sense of taste.

Heart Drum-Shintiko- B Ranked by slamming the gong the user can control through vibration the heart beats of the listeners, and potentialy- stop it. Unlikie the Komoro similiar technique, it usually isn't as deadly.

Harmonic Symphony Of Union-A ranked: This techniqje allow to concetrate the sound wave at place it reflected from into force, possibly explosion. Effectivly, sort of pointing at stuff and make them explode, in the area the user can listen to

Brain Haiku- A Ranked - This is the next level,(possibly not last) of the Kikumoku- treat brain waves as sound waves, for the porpuse of listening and also usig sound based techniques.

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

ideas I have:
    Uchiha genius foil/rival/enemy for Kimiko?

possible in-Sound rivals for the team? the Sounds Team Gai to our Team 7?

how will Kimiko acquire new jutsu? stealing them from others? going out of her way to do that? personally I'd like her to have Sai's ink jutsu at some point.

some sort of puppet prosthetic user from sand nation to be foil to Usagi?

any plans for specific missions? like putting down ronin or rogue ninja trying to raise a rebel force of ninja outside the village? crime syndicates like yakuza?

anything involving Jinchuuriki? any specific Jinchuuriki you have in mind?

Chuunin Exams, what are your thoughts on those?

do you want me to make and play any villains myself? I can probably come up with a few ideas.

any specific plots?

just spitballing here.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I imagined team 1, which consist of Fumaiki monk who is her rival, and frusrating shuvenist as they go. And a Kmoro timid yet friendly(who is surprisngly popular with the girls, despite being nice) and a son of a Ronin with a sword.

Kimiko using ink.. yeah, it works. Though, I imagined her more liks the Akatsuki paper guy what-his-name.

About prostetic and stuff. Sure we can be creative.

I have an idea for the next mission and few generap vague ideas

For the next mission.. to replace care takers of the kindergarden. I thought it could be healthy for Kimiko and Usagi. Also, I guess talented toddlers can use a technique or two, especialy if they come with bloodline abilities.
    It light hearted idea mostly, but also give the "what are we fighting for' thinv. I think could be fun. Maybe Futility san try something eeeevil, yet subtle.

Also, had an idea for the nemesis of Usagi, the Hyuga guy who has slughtered her village. I am sure we can have barrels of fun with it.

And a missing Uchiha nin, who kidnap people and shinobis to secrey cluseom thing, and if someone show a cool technique- he copy it.

I guess it is similiar motivation to Orichamaru, but he go about it diffrently.

I would like you to play villians as well. Yes.

About Jinchuriki... hmm I having hard time with coming with something that isn't akatsuki 2.0. (Though I love them. They faboulose)

But I actually wanted to explore an idea, that at least before Boruto. (I watched 6-7 episodes.. so doesn't seems it going there either)
    Gods. I can only remember Hidan and the suicide technique of Sarutabi.
    I imagined masks which turn you into avatar of specific gods to certain degrees. Maybe?
    Just an idea. Sorry about the slow reply, I worked on the Fumaiki sheet jd stuff like that

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Btw,
    I had the idea, that Odyama's wife is one of the Three Thunder, and she is the leader of the Ambus, and that why is he the one who stay more at home

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

cool. sounds neat.

I'm done with my write up of the Kaguya Clan. I've detailed all the known techniques Kimimaro uses in it. Now the reason I don't detail the All-Killing Ash Bones here is because its implied only Kaguya herself can do that, but then again Sasuke was able to achieve rinnegan from having a sharingan so it might be possible for a dead bone pulse user can achieve All-Killing Ash Bones as well, but given that ability is overpowered and an instant kill on anything it hits and wielded only by the closest thing to a goddess Naruto world has, one would be waiting a long time to get there.

Spoiler: The Kaguya Clan:
    Show

Possessing a bloodline inherited from Kaguya Otsusuki herself that makes them versatile monsters in taijutsu combat and known for leaving slaughters in their wake, the Kaguya Clan was so prideful in their abilities that they challenged Kirigakure itself, confident that they could win. They were wrong, and now only a fraction of them remains living in Sound Village. Their situation is similar to the Ishikawas their fallen status, antagonistic relationship with Kiri and new home, but in practice their situation is different. The Dead Bone Pulse requires no great smarts to wield to its full potential and thus there is no pressure upon its younger generation to figure out concepts requiring an extensive education or high standards of excellence, knowing they only need constant taijutsu training and time to repopulate to restore their clan to greatness. However they face their own challenges in the field of medicine, as their own kekkei genkai has given them a troubling medical history due to it making their biology so different from normal people that they require specialized doctors to properly treat them.

Characteristics:
    -They always have white hair and shave their eyebrows to paint or tattoo on red dots above their eyes instead.
    -Many of their line have done heroic things yet perished from illness, or suffered multiple illnesses in their lifetime yet continued to fight
    -They willingly undergo examinations and tests with Sound village R&D to help them figure and treat their bodies better, as well as insist on bringing back an Kaguya corpses to be examined so that medical knowledge to heal them can be gained rather than be destroyed. Many Kaguya clan members feel being used like this is their last service to the clan in death and won't accept cremation or burial.
    -They gather lore on Kaguya Otsusuki, their fabled ancestor and store it in their own personal archives to learn their own history and origins, and some of them have interest in finding the lost art of Ninshuu.
    -They've had an ancient rivalry with Hyuugas and the Uchihas for as long as they can remember that has become a tradition rather than actual enmity.
    -They have a much more recent and more emotional foe in Kirigakure, and are allies with the Ishikawa, as they both feel they were wronged by the bloodline purge.

Known Members:
    Clan Head: Takuma Kaguya
    This current clan head is very concerned about the medical needs of his clan so they can continue to survive, and so is strict about hygiene.

Miho Kaguya:
    A 12 year old member of the clan apart of the Hope Generation,

Bloodline Abilities:
    Dead Bone Pulse/Shikotsumyaku:
    Users of Shikotsumyaku possess three unique skills: the ability to control their osteoblasts (cells responsible for producing bones); the ability to control their osteoclasts (cells responsible for breaking down bones); the ability to regulate their bones' calcium density.So long as their body does not tire out, users can take advantage of these abilities without limit.

With Shikotsumyaku, users can grow new bones anywhere in their body. Typically these bones are functionally and visually identical to other bones in the body, such as the spine or ribs. Other times the bones will be similar to standard bones, but with specific alterations: Dance of the Camellia uses an upper arm bone that has been sharpened for use as a blade. If the user chooses, they can create entirely original bones with no clear parallels: Dance of the Clematis: Flower uses a large, drill-like bone growth. The user's bones can be made denser, increasing their cutting power and rendering them resistant to crushing or cutting. If the user chooses, hollow bones can be produced, such as for use as a flute.

Users can manipulate their bones after or even as they're being formed, causing them to break through the skin. Most often these bones only protrude from the body, enough for the user to grab and remove them or, alternatively, remain jutting out for whatever offensive or defensive purpose the user intends. If the user chooses, the bones can be forcefully ejected from the body, as in the case of Ten-Finger Drilling Bullets. After the bones have either left the body or been retracted into it, the broken skin heals rapidly. If, in the case of removed bones, the user does not already have a duplicate prepared, the relevant body part will be misshapen and unusable until a replacement is produced.

Shikotsumyaku gives its users a huge advantage in combat, as they can produce an endless number of bones to suit any conceivable circumstance. Rarely do users encounter real opposition in a fight, for which reason their path through a battlefield is often left littered with dead bodies. On those infrequent occasions when they cannot quickly finish off an opponent, their ability to strengthen their own bones renders them highly resistant to damage, their bodies being likened to a fortress.

Techniques this kekkei genkai are typically called dances, but ranged ones have different name schemes:
    Dance of the Camellia
    Makes a bone sword to wield

Dance of the Clematis: Flower
    Makes a bone drill on your arm, slow and is meant to be combined with Vine as set up.

Dance of the Clematis: Vine
    Make a spine whip to whip and immobilize opponents

Dance of the Larch
    Sprouts sharp bones all over ones body like a porcupine, a melee defense

Dance of the Seedling Fern
    An extremely powerful technique, it sprouts ten thousand blades of bone from the earth that spread everywhere like a forest, completely changing the battlefield, and killing indiscriminately. In addition it is possible for particularly powerful masters of this technique or users of the cursed seal to merge with the bone blades then re-emerge from any other bone blade. It is unquestionably the most powerful and dangerous known Dance and most users of Dead Bone Pulse never achieve it.

Dance of the Willow
    Basically Larch but longer, more mobile and movements more-willow-like.

Ten-Finger Drilling Bullets
    The only known ranged technique, it fires ten bone bullets, one from each finger.

(Over all I'd say most of these are either C-rank in power with the except of Seedling Fern which is probably an A-Rank technique, only below S because its not the All-Killing Ash Bones Kaguya herself uses)

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Sound and looks good to me. Any chance you can add the Kagyua and Fukaimi clans in?

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Sound and looks good to me. Any chance you can add the Kagyua and Fukaimi clans in?
    oh right, duh. should do that. I also want to come up with a personality and character sheet for Miho someday, but apparently not today.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-09-11 at 09:58 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

About the paper. I have more ideas how to counter it, but in general-
    Is it just strong as iron, or have the properties of iron?

Like.. would fire burn it? Water sink it?

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

About the paper. I have more ideas how to counter it, but in general-
    Is it just strong as iron, or have the properties of iron?

Like.. would fire burn it? Water sink it?
    strong as iron or steel, but yes it does still have properties of being weak to being burned by fire and ruined by water. its still paper even if its very strong paper. its kind of why they're not as great as the Uchiha (who have a bunch of fire jutsu to burn their paper) and got their ass kicked by the Village Hidden in the Mist (being a water based shinobi nation and therefore had lots of shinobi who could flood all their paper constructs into soggy easily torn messes) Its a necessary trade off for how much flexibility and potential paper and ink jutsu give the wielder.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

I see. Usagi will use other tactic anyway, mostly wanted to know for GMinhs porpuses in the future

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Well, since it's the finale of the dual, are you ok with me writing a flashback about how she learned lullaby jutsu?
    Mostly to make it feel more natural for Usagi, despite her hot headness

I know it might be a lot of work for you, but I'll help. Mostly list of npcs.

I have a feeling, that with the style of our story telling we will get more and more of them.

Fun fact question- do you want to know about the nekoness of Odayaka's wife nd her sister oocly, or you preffer to learn it, through roleplay?

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Well, since it's the finale of the dual, are you ok with me writing a flashback about how she learned lullaby jutsu?
    Mostly to make it feel more natural for Usagi, despite her hot headness

I know it might be a lot of work for you, but I'll help. Mostly list of npcs.

I have a feeling, that with the style of our story telling we will get more and more of them.

Fun fact question- do you want to know about the nekoness of Odayaka's wife nd her sister oocly, or you preffer to learn it, through roleplay?
    Yeah, go ahead.

as for the "neko-ness" uh.....either or? don't really care? doesn't seem important to anything to me.

Me, I'm just putting Mitsuko on the antagonistic side of things. Like, probably not any big villainy or anything like that, but someone who just isn't the best mother, to be this very personal antagonist who will never go against the village or anything, but be a big apart of the conflict and pressures that Kimiko faces in her life and showcase the toxic environment that elite status in society can be despite the character wanting the best for Kimiko she can give.

and as for kimiko and the akatsuki person who uses paper (her name is Konan by the way) Kimiko is actually inspired by Konan, directly. the entire Ishikawa clan concept comes from me figuring that Konan has some kind of bloodline ability, but since she is the only one that has it, she must be descended from some clan that got bloodline purged by Kiri. Since I wanted to make a character that could take Konan's abilities and use them for greater potential than what Konan displayed (like really, 6 million explosive tag lake? good but you can do better, when with fuinjutsu you can make something like the Kote. why not have that paper bloodline and be a LIVING KOTE before it was ever invented?) thats basically the entire concept for Kimiko right there, mixed with some Orochimaru's motivations, and noble clan troubles of people like Sasuke, Hinata and so on. so, Kimiko already takes inspiration from Konan, she will just expand far beyond just being a Konan-alike,

as for villains I have few ideas:
    Two traveling Jashin priests who go door to door asking "have you the word of our lord and kami, Jashin-sama?"

perhaps some villain who wields ignorance to contrast kimiko's quest for knowledge.

ROOT was criminally underused. I think we can do better, maybe have Root be some kind of major antagonist, just think: the black ops organization of the most powerful ninja village in the world, thats not even a real part of the village trying to manipulate things so that Konoha comes out on top without any regard for morality or emotion, and could be the ignorance-using villain I mentioned, since such an organization probably doesn't like people knowing this or that.

if we do some ninja criminal or terrorist group, I'd say we do something different from the Akatsuki. and the tailed beasts can be used far better than just being pieces to collect to make ninja tree god. For one, we don't need to repeat canon, we know where that leads, so lets instead explore a different direction with it, lets be honest, ninja terrorists or criminals have more worldly concerns and methods than waking up a dead god to put everyone in dreamland. like making money by illicit and/or violent means, or causing dissent or training up random villagers to be rock lee-esque shock troopers and suicide attackers to overthrow whatever they think is their enemy. things like that.

as for the story of Kaguya and sage of the six paths and so on, thats like ancient history, whoever is going to be interested in that, is going to be scholarly in nature and so whatever plot involving that, would probably be something archaeological and more exploring ancient ruins, and even then I would not want to repeat the akatsuki plot and instead figure out something else that can be done with the origins that is still interesting and relevant if we're to focus on that all. the tailed beasts....well....for one I'd think it'd be a challenge to even figure who IS a container in the first place. these things are dangerous WMD weapons, they should not be famous in the least, but rather top-secret in their identities so that the villages can best protect them from being taken by others, like people know that Jinchuurikis exist, but who is one is a highly valuable, well kept secret that can be incredibly important to dealing with a village, because if you don't know who the container is, that can affect a lot of how the village can use the threat of a jinchuuriki being unleashed against you.
    also perhaps a villainous tailed beast container, jinchuuriki however you want to name them, might be a good antagonist or villain, see how this kind of person can go horribly wrong as the three examples we have in canon are heroic, aside from Gaara before redemption, and while he was good example of a villain, perhaps have someone that is more than what Gaara was, something more ambitious than a spurned child being randomly psychopathic. just a thought.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

ok, well "Nekazuko and her sister(Odayama's wife) are the first to a bloodline they have created.
    The Inuzuka clan were a terrifying force at the war, hunting Sound Ninjas like prey, leading the others to them, it was almost impossible to hide.

Like many powers that were discovered in the village, Nekazuko and her sister tried something extreme without any regrad to safety, or maybe even morality- they forced summoned cats to fuse with them. Fusion that went so deep into their genes.
    With sucidal ferocity, they managed to hurt the Inuzuka so much, that they backed off.
    Odayama's daughters now carry the bloodline ability, and technily, they are a new clan.

yeah, I figured she based on Konan. Konan simply suffered from being a "wamen' in anime. For some reason, no matter how strong they are, in most animes, women is always potrayed weakly. anyway

the priests sound cool. The Root... yeah. Maybe behind the scenes, they are trying to brew war between the Sound and another village. or something conspiracy-ish else

villian jinchurki.. it's actually make sense. We can give the wolverine-ish kind of attitude. "You made me into a monster! DIEEEE!"
    Like... imagine more edgy Naurto, join Gaara. "You know what? Let's be together.'
    and it's like the ninja world have to face the cost of utilzing forbidden powers and etc.

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Hm. cool. that would explain why the Inuzuka exist to....

and yeah....women aren't done well in anime. Naruto in particular is an interesting case, because according to something I heard, the authors favorite female characters he made were Ten-ten and Anko. Guess which two characters got almost no screen time or were not important to anything ever. Thats the kind of "favorite" they mean.

yeah, good ideas,for Konoha itself, I'm thinking that despite the Sound attack, its more full-powered than in canon, with no dead Uchiha clan, living Uzumaki and Senju families, a fourth hokage but none of the exact characters involved, like the general village-level power would be higher, but the individuals involved would be different and more morally varied. like remember, the same village that produced all these heroes, also produced Orochimaru, the big jerk that is the Second Hokage, Mizuki, Root and Danzo, Obito, Madara....Sasuke for a time.....Konoha was pretty much its own worst enemy in canon, only Pain and Gaara were major threats to the village that were not themselves FROM the village. sure there was a bunch of Akatsuki members that were from other places and Zabusa, but they were kind of minor in the grand scheme of things, and Pain was the most a non-konoha nin made an impact, villain or hero.
    so to me, its very plausible that we would have a morally greyer leaf village, like it might have a similar legacy but I doubt that the people involved be viewed as clean as they were, or as powerful, like they still have geniuses and are full of jounin and kage, but nothing that gets so ridiculous that no one can stand against them.

like for example, if the Uchiha exist, I imagine none of them have the Mangekyo Sharingan. just as a ground assumption, because thats just something so screwed up that no sane human being would go through that and the Leaf village wouldn't allow it, simply out of ethical concerns if not moral ones. if the Senju exist and have Wood release jutsu, most or all of them probably aren't on the level of Hashirama and maybe one or two can use the technique to seal or control tailed beasts, if the Uzumakis are there as a clan they are red-headed like naruto's mother and maybe one can summon the death god, but most just have more chakra than most and use fuinjutsu a lot in their techniques. and who is good or evil can be really complex and what their goals are get real intricate given the web of clans, teams, Root existing and what they think of the Will of Fire, and we can play the Leaf's tendency to try and make friends and be nice in a more sinister and morally grey light where its all strategy to make them look good and keep the advantage.

unfortunately, we don't have much information about villages like Iwa, Kumo, or Kiri. Sand village can be pretty much the same but probably a bit more numerous even if they are hurting for resources, Mist can still be oppressive and have a bloody past and present, the only two I'm not sure about is Iwa and Kumo, because they are the two least examined of the five I feel, lets see what the wikis have to say on them:
    Spoiler: Naruto Wiki Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by On Kumo
    Despite becoming one of the Five Great villages Kumo has gained a rather shameless reputation. While a peace treaty was formed between all the villages to cut back on military budget and reduce the sizes of their forces during times of peace, Kumo secretly does not honour to the agreement, seeing this as a chance to ensure that no other village can ever have an upper hand should hostilities later resume. Kumo's efforts to amass power often entail stealing secrets and kidnapping shinobi from other villages. The Third Tsuchikage notes that this behaviour has only provoked the other villages to employ the same tactics in kind.[1] Several years before the Third Shinobi World War, Kumo shinobi kidnapped Kushina Uzumaki from Konoha in order to study her unique chakra, but were foiled by Minato Namikaze.[2] A few years after the Third Shinobi World War, Kumo sent its Head Ninja to Konoha to sign a peace treaty, a cover for an attempt to acquire the Byakugan by kidnapping Hinata Hyūga. When the Head Ninja was killed by Hiashi Hyūga in the attempt, the village still tried to obtain the Byakugan by feigning knowledge of the their soldier's actions and threatening war unless Hiashi's body was turned over to make up for the Head Ninja's death. In what would be called the Hyūga Affair, Hiashi's twin was given to Kumo instead, as his Byakugan was sealed upon death and making it worthless.
    oooh, so Kumo has a reputation of trying to kidnap people and steal secrets for themselves, thats good, we can use that.

Iwagakure was founded after the Warring States Period by the First Tsuchikage. Shortly after the formation of their villages, Konoha's First Hokage sold tailed beasts to Iwa as a sign of friendship and to ensure a balance of power amongst their new villages. Despite this bid for peace, Madara Uchiha made efforts unsanctioned by the Hokage or the rest of Konoha to make Iwa subservient to Konoha. Relations between the villages would eventually break down:

Iwa's close proximity with Suna has led to numerous conflicts over the years, enough that enmity between its shinobi has become deep-seated.
    The Second Tsuchikage and Kiri's Second Mizukage at some point met in battle and killed each other.
    Iwagakure participated in the Second Shinobi World War, where it fought Konoha and Suna across Amegakure.[2]
    During the Third Shinobi World War, Iwa fought Konoha across Kusagakure. Although Iwa was winning the war for a time, the destruction of the Kannabi Bridge cut off its supply line, turning the war in Konoha's favour. In the anime, Konoha's Yellow Flash defeated 1,000 Iwa shinobi in a single battle, prompting the Third Tsuchikage to surrender.
    In the anime, Iwa's many battles with Konoha were often led by the Kamizuru clan. When Konoha's Aburame clan proved the perfect counters to the Kamizuru, their status within the village declined.
    Even during times of peace, Iwa and its Tsuchikage have worked behind the scenes against its fellow villages, such as by using mercenaries like Akatsuki to carry out missions the village could not be directly involved in or that it lacked the resources for. Deidara, pupil of the Third Tsuchikage, stole a forbidden technique to further his artistic pursuits, and defected after using his new art to leave the village structures in shambles, becoming a terrorist bomber for hire before his forced recruitment into Akatsuki. In the anime, Iwa betrayed Kiri during an incident that would come to be known as the Tragedy of Yosuga Pass; while on a joint mission against Kumo, Iwa forces killed most of its Kiri allies in order to take all the mission's spoils for itself. Also in the anime, Iwa attacks Konoha after the Konoha Crush in order to take advantage of its weakened manpower but is thwarted by Kosuke Maruboshi.

Interesting, so Iwa judging by this isn't well-loved, because every nation that isn't Kumo has a reason to dislike it, whether its a border dispute, killing one of their leaders, or simply not caring what nations get caught in the crossfire.

and there is a lot of interesting stuff that one can find just by going through the naruto wiki, because naruto's filler is just so creative with the kinds of things it comes up with. like there is a whole bunch of science experiments and weird jutsu filler has that we can dredge up and use for something, I've got to go through them some day and just list a bunch of filler techniques and concepts that just look interesting so we can figure out some place to put them or whatever.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-09-12 at 06:41 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Well, strong wamen in anime are handled.. wierdly.
    Like... Tsunade for example.
    "Oh! She is soooo strong! And she is eternal milf! She one shooted Jiraia!'
    But...
    She debuffed very seriously. Fear of blood? For a ninja? A medical ninja?
    Yeah, they did get a good story out of it, but ...

Or lately in One Piece. There are the Yonkou? (Emperors Of The Sea!) They are considered the four strongest pirates in the world, all four supposed to be on their own league of power level, and comparable to the Pirate King-

And, yeah, each of them has his antics. (Because it One Piece)-
    Shanks, is so chill, he will let you punch him in the face, spit on him, or what ever, only if you hurt his friends he'l fight.

Blackbeard NEVER dodge, and sense pain stronger then normal humans,

Kaido is a a sort of Oni Giant dude with a club who can turn into a dragon, and he want to die, but he too strong to even kill himself.

And we got Big Mom... she really want candies, and when she doesn't get them, she getting into uncontrolable tantrum, where she kill and eat everything and everyone, until she get the specific candy she crave for
    She kill her own children, but remember nothing of it.
    At last arc, she fell into the sea, and lost all of her memories, and later some guy hit her on the head, and she collapse and wake up with all.of her memories back.

Just.. even just putting women as support characters who do "feminine' stuff would feel better handled

I dunno, maybe it's cultutral stuff.

Well, even in cannon, genociding a whole clan, is presented as a good thing.
    Itachi killed all of them. Even children, letting Sasuke live out of whim, to stop a supposed rebellion...
    Sure. Nothing could be done, beside slaughtering everyone. Reeeeeally?
    Well, if to look at the facts, at Konoha you have gathered a big alliance of powerful clans.
    I really can imagine Neji slaughtering Usagi's village. Simply, during the screen time, our protagnists never get "dark" missions. They usually *protect* someone, rather then assinating. And I don't see reason why Konoha would be moraly nitpicking missions.
    "You want us to assinate your wife, so you could marry your secretary? Sure can do! Seems like a D rank mission for us..'

I think that they are easily can be epic antagnostic force.

Well, I think Konoha having Sanins would make sense. But yeah. I imagine top tier Uchihas to be like Kakashi?
    Also I guess having so many powerful clans maybe is balanced with rivalry and such.

Well, fillers in generals for good and ill can be more creative. And in general none cannon material.
    Sometimes they are actually good.
    Again, In One Piece I sort of preffer the movies to the cannon- because they usually have exactly what I love there- all the crew have rivals or something significant to do, they are together. (Which is rarely happens in cannon)

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

This will be a long post:

Well, strong wamen in anime are handled.. wierdly.
    Like... Tsunade for example.
    "Oh! She is soooo strong! And she is eternal milf! She one shooted Jiraia!'
    But...
    She debuffed very seriously. Fear of blood? For a ninja? A medical ninja?
    Yeah, they did get a good story out of it, but ...
    ...All her greatest achievements are offscreen. Training Sakura? offscreen. Healing Rock Lee? Offscreen. being the Fifth Hokage? Offscreen. All she could against Pain was act as a gigantic support healer. she is unfortunately, just the feminine healer archetype just writ large. all her super-strength? never really used.

Or lately in One Piece. There are the Yonkou? (Emperors Of The Sea!) They are considered the four strongest pirates in the world, all four supposed to be on their own league of power level, and comparable to the Pirate King-

And, yeah, each of them has his antics. (Because it One Piece)-
    Shanks, is so chill, he will let you punch him in the face, spit on him, or what ever, only if you hurt his friends he'l fight.

Blackbeard NEVER dodge, and sense pain stronger then normal humans,

Kaido is a a sort of Oni Giant dude with a club who can turn into a dragon, and he want to die, but he too strong to even kill himself.

And we got Big Mom... she really want candies, and when she doesn't get them, she getting into uncontrolable tantrum, where she kill and eat everything and everyone, until she get the specific candy she crave for
    She kill her own children, but remember nothing of it.
    At last arc, she fell into the sea, and lost all of her memories, and later some guy hit her on the head, and she collapse and wake up with all.of her memories back.

Just.. even just putting women as support characters who do "feminine' stuff would feel better handled
    On One Piece: I'm probably not the best person to talk about how One Piece in particular handles anything, because I don't like One Piece in general. for reasons I won't get into here. isn't Big Mom a villain though? villains are kind meant to serve as examples of people you should not be, because they are supposed to be despicable and negative by design, so isn't Big Mom being all that kind supposed to be an example of how someone should never act? like I'd understand if they were a heroic or neutral kind of character, you have to be more nuanced with those, but with villains you kind of have an almost free range to write them how you want unless you want to go for an anti-villain or a really intelligent evil. (and truly evil geniuses are rare. in real life, most people who do bad things are actually really stupid. I've got a book about the stupidest criminals known, and some people have literally tried to break into a safe using a laser pointer.)

I mean, I can kind of see where your coming from, with that last line, because then at least they're in a way acknowledging they can't write them well and thus focusing on the people they understand, even though in reality the common wisdom I've heard among writers is to come up with a character first and then put a gender on them after you got a good character going, but I just make up characters whole cloth and the way they are as I write/roleplay them is how I've always imagined them. for example, I acknowledge that technically, Jade Refera's personality or competence is not dependent on her gender or anything, but I personally can't really imagine her being a guy in any instance or universe- for some reason, her identity being female is just as vital and integral to her character to me as her snarkiness, willingness to kill villains if they are a threat or her determination. Its just how I always imagine her being, even though she is tomboyish as heck and will probably never be a mother in a biological sense or anything else traditionally feminine.
    but then I kind of see the whole "masculine/feminine" thing as really nonsensical and a societal social construct that I have no time for except as something to comment on. people are just people to me and while I'm attracted to women, I don't really associate anything beyond the physical biological stuff being indicative of being one, with the exception of the transgendered for obvious reasons. a persons reproductive role-whether they choose to fulfill it or not- simply has nothing to do with anything else in their life. thats just....self-evident to me. *shrug*
    but yeah, its probably cultural? and cultures not always a good thing in my opinion.

Well, even in cannon, genociding a whole clan, is presented as a good thing.
    Itachi killed all of them. Even children, letting Sasuke live out of whim, to stop a supposed rebellion...
    Sure. Nothing could be done, beside slaughtering everyone. Reeeeeally?
    Well, if to look at the facts, at Konoha you have gathered a big alliance of powerful clans.
    I really can imagine Neji slaughtering Usagi's village. Simply, during the screen time, our protagnists never get "dark" missions. They usually *protect* someone, rather then assinating. And I don't see reason why Konoha would be moraly nitpicking missions.
    "You want us to assinate your wife, so you could marry your secretary? Sure can do! Seems like a D rank mission for us..'

I think that they are easily can be epic antagnostic force.
    Well supposedly....and this is just what I read on the wiki some time ago....the whole Uchiha Massacre situation had some lead up to it: both Itachi and Shisui were loyal to the village over their Clan. their Clan wanted to rebel, and for some reason let Itachi and Shisui into their meetings to do this, even though their loyalties to the village over the clan should be clear since they know them their whole lives. also Shisui is Itachis best friend. now the initial plan was supposedly that because Shisui has this special mangekyo sharingan ability unique to him called Kotoamatsukami, he could cast a genjutsu that allowed him to straight up mind control people.
    No downsides, no special need he needed to just, look at people with his red eyes, bam, they mind controlled now. haxingan at its finest. the plan was that if diplomatic negotiations with the Uchiha clan failed, the Hokage agreed witth Shisui to mind control his own clan and prevent the deaths even though mind controlling people is really morally skeevy and bad by itself. seems great so far right? Except DANZO, didn't like this and thought Shisui was manipulating THEM and decided to steal Shisui's eye, thus prompting Shisui to commit suicide, Hiruzen insisted on being diplomatic despite losing their mind control ace in the hole, but Itachi for some godforsaken stupid reason decided to make a deal with Danzo to slaughter his own clan behind the Third hokage's back.

This is the passage from the wiki that I read as a source:
    Spoiler: Danzo is scum
    Show

Two years later, when word reached Konoha's leadership of a planned coup d'état by the Uchiha clan, Danzō took advantage of Itachi Uchiha's pacifist tendencies and convinced him to provide him and the other elders with information of the clan's actions. When Shisui Uchiha, acknowledged for his unquestionable loyalty to Konohagakure, presented his plan of ceasing the Uchiha's coup by casting Kotoamatsukami on his clansmen to the Council, Hiruzen agreed. Danzō, however, determined to protect the village in his own way and, believing that Shisui may try to manipulate him as well, stole the latter's right eye, implanting it into his socket, with Shisui committing suicide sometime later.[26] When Hiruzen decided to end the coup diplomatically, Danzō secretly met with Itachi and inveigled him into choosing to slaughter his clan by presenting him with the option of killing them and sparing his younger brother, Sasuke Uchiha or letting them go through with the coup, and having them all killed as a result.[27] Itachi regretfully chose to agree to killing the Uchiha clan.
    This is just the tip of the iceberg of the evil things that Danzo has done. other things from the narutopedia I've found:
    During the Third Shinobi World War, Danzō agreed to provide aid to Hanzō of Amegakure in order to receive help in claiming the title of Hokage, sending some of his forces to deal with Akatsuki, but they were all wiped out by Nagato.
    At some point in time, Danzō also had dealings with Orochimaru, who accompanied him, along with Tatsuma Aburame, to Konoha Orphanage where he strong-armed a former Anbu agent, Nonō, to infiltrate Iwagakure and confirm the intel on what the village was planning. Soon after, Danzō notices Kabuto Yakushi spying from the window and decides to recruit the boy as well.[14] However, in time, both Kabuto and Nonō become assets too dangerous to be left alive and Danzō tricks a brainwashed Nonō into killing Kabuto. Danzō sent Orochimaru to ensure no survivors, however, he instead took Kabuto under his wing without Danzō's knowledge. At some point, Orochimaru also surgically replaced Danzō's right arm with Shin Uchiha's, infusing the limb with Hashirama Senju's DNA to modify his physical energy.
    Later, as the Third Hokage resumed his role, Danzō, no longer able to tolerate Hiruzen's overly-passive methods, sought to dispose of him. He sent several Root members to assassinate Hiruzen. However, a smug Danzō was soon approached by Hiruzen, who revealed that Kakashi informed him of the assassination attempt. As Danzō feared for his life knowing he would be executed for his treasonous actions, Hiruzen calmly chose to spare Danzō, keeping this event a secret on the condition Danzō agreed to dedicate his life to protecting the village. Quickly recomposing himself, Danzō plainly stated that Hiruzen's naive faith and mercy would be his end one day, to which the Third solemnly admitted may be so
    Three years after Orochimaru's defection from the village, fearing that his stolen Sharingan eye would soon go blind from its overuse, Danzō sent Kinoe in an attempt to steal Kakashi's Sharingan as a replacement
    Soon after performing the deed, Danzō told everyone that Itachi had done this out of his own will, having grown to despise his clan and even sought greater power by stealing Shisui's eyes. While everyone else believed this fabricated story, Hiruzen saw through Danzō's lie, voicing his disgust at Danzō's actions. While trying to justify his actions by claiming it was for the village, Hiruzen retorted that the Uchiha were part of the village and never actually performed any treachery before their demise. No longer able to trust Danzō and his underhanded ways, Hiruzen immediately removed him from the Council and ordered for his Root division to be disbanded.[28] Afterwards, Itachi's clone, disguised as a Root member, approached Danzō and threatened to expose Konoha's secrets to the other countries if Danzō ever harmed Sasuke.[29] He met with Tobi around this time for reasons unknown.[30] Over the years, despite his Root division being officially disbanded, Danzō continued to keep it secretly active.
    So yeah, Danzo is kind of responsible for a lot of things going wrong from potentially setting Pain against Konoha with his aid, to basically being the cause for the Uchiha massacre, to causing Kabuto's entire dark backstory, to having dealings with Orochimaru, and on top of that he has tried to assassinate his leader and steal sharingan eyes twice, both of which are committing crimes on people he works closely with and of course, not actually disbanding ROOT when order to. and the only reason he kept on being in power, is because the Third Hokage let him.

So your right about Konoha being morally screwy, just not in the way you think: the genocide of a clan was never presented as good, and Hiruzen tried to make sure it was peaceful, but his backup mind control plan with Shisui was only better in the sense that it would only be delaying the Uchiha dissent problem until they find out and have actual reason to rebel against the village and justification behind it that they can crow about it to other villages and nations so that people think its more legit if the Uchiha win and take over, and Third Hokage despite knowing that his espionage black ops guy was basically a loose cannon who betrayed him at least twice at this point, did way too little to actually stop him from doing anything, a good man who does nothing is...well sloth is a sin for a reason, and I'm pretty sure you can be legally held responsible for neglectfulness in these kinds of positions.

but given that Itachi and Shisui, both "unquestionably loyal" to the Village over the Clan were willing to do extreme actions like kill or mind control their own family (and technically said Clan never actually did anything wrong- they were planning a coup, but they never got the chance to actually do it), or the fact that ROOT has a following at all even after it was no longer official, is probably indicative that there is people in the Leaf that are evil and nationalistic to a scary degree. the Will of Fire ideology is a collectivist philosophy, and thus badly prone to "us vs. them" mentalities and thus xenophobia and utilitarianism. its stuff like this why individual rights are so important, or you get leaders who can justify anything on the basis of a greater good, and the Third Hokage is unfortunately little better than Danzo in this regard if he truly agreed with Shisui's mind control plan.

Well, I think Konoha having Sanins would make sense. But yeah. I imagine top tier Uchihas to be like Kakashi?
    Also I guess having so many powerful clans maybe is balanced with rivalry and such.

Well, fillers in generals for good and ill can be more creative. And in general none cannon material.
    Sometimes they are actually good.
    Again, In One Piece I sort of preffer the movies to the cannon- because they usually have exactly what I love there- all the crew have rivals or something significant to do, they are together. (Which is rarely happens in cannon)
    Yeah, I can see that, sharingans give you photographic memory, so they would also be a lot like Kakashi in personality- they'd remember all their traumatic memories very clearly because the'yd keep activating them in stressful situations and seeing all that horror in slow-mo.

and yeah, I agree, we got to be careful with non-canon material to a degree, I found at least one ability that I'm NOT letting Kimiko have because it would make her too powerful if it existed. Kimiko having the ability to just...change reality with writing kanji inthe air would be something on the level of high level sharingan or rinnegan brokenness, you might as well make her fight Otsutsuki clan members if she ever gets that, and I have other more plausible ways for her to be high-end.

I should watch Naruto movies more, I heard there is quite a few of them and that they do interesting things.

As for the question of what those ways for Kimiko to become high end are....well its as you keep asking: do you want it to be a surprise through roleplay, or do you want to be told it OOCly?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-09-14 at 03:43 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Beside a very rare occasions, characters in One Piece are completly evil or good. Varied morality it's one of One Piece's core concepts.
    Well, Big Mom is actually a very intresting.
    First thing her design-https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiecetreasurecruiseglobal/images/6/6e/C2109.png/revision/latest?cb=20181211031020
    Complelty not sexualiazed female character, for some reason in anime men, can be badass elderly, but Tsunade for example has to be milf.
    So even in this regrad, there is inworld awarness to this trope, and http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20130111234952
    2. But more intresting, she has an idealogy similiar to the "good" pirates's like Luffy's. She dream and fight for an equality between all her races, and out of prinicple, married herself to males from every race she could find.
    Her kingdom is actually sort of an Utopia, but as tax she take percentage of the life span of the people.
    Her complex is coming from her OPness and gluttony. As toddler, her real parents have abondoned her on the giant island. She was 5 years old, when she went crazy over a local candy, and defeated all the giant warriors. (Wjo are supposed to be the strongest race..), but she raised by greedy people, who nourished this behvior. Sort of... like Spoon and Vodkana.
    She is one of my anime favorite characters actually. She was the inspiration for Lil's Vodkana in Ultimate. And I can say, that if I knew this character, when I first designed Vodkana, she would have been much diffrent.
    It's just that *potrayel* wise she is nerfed compared to the other characters she supposed to be on their level.
    Like, many of the protagnist characters managed to push her back, and even survive her hits.
    Kaido simply one shoot luffy.
    Big Mom losing her memory from falling into the water and such BS.
    Sadly in the community she known as "Big Meme". Her feminity is actually essential to her character. She is a mother. A "super mother" who gave birth to 80 children, but she is quite crappy at giving them love, because she is 70, and still selfish in a childish way.
    Like, she fond dark expriements on children, to get gigantification forumale. But unlike other forces in the world, who are researching the formule to get super soldiers, Big Mom want people to be in her size, so she could drink with them tea as equals.
    She has combinations of naivity and selfnishness, which are intresting. Sort of, if Fat Buu had personality, I imagine.

------

Well, I think we agree our darker of potrayel of Konoha is quite realistic.
    Now, that I think of it. Losing to a weaker force like the Sound Village might trigger a coupe- like. 'This Hokage was too softy! We are the root will make sure to be tougher!'

Hmmm... I guess, that if I preffer One Piece's movies then the cannon, I should give Naruto's movies a fair chance. There were this one movie, with the Snow Village.
    And Kimiko, is intruging. I think I'l enjoy to learn through the story.
    About Kanji powers.
    You can go on something like this-

https://fairytail.fandom.com/wiki/Freed_Justine

P.S. I hope, the flashback make sense.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-09-23 at 03:22 AM.

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

I see. well I don't know how I feel about that- I'm not sure about how to feel about most One Piece characters, their actions don't really make any sense to me- but if she has a similar problem of being shoved to the side or worfed like Buu, I can see one being frustrated.

as for Freed Justine. thats cool and all, but my point is that Kimiko having the power to just write in the air, pretty much just make her paper powers pointless, because she would no longer need paper to write things ON. and thus no need to make paper with those powers to write stuff on and thus use fuinjutsu like that. it doesn't really matter what inspiration is taken, because the very concept pretty much guarantees she will just learn to draw all fuinjutsu really fast using taijutsu super-speed, and thats the low-end.

high-end version of is just drawing the kanji for magical effects which is broken because at that point, you might as well be a reality warper. a girl like Kimiko would know all the kanji to write a language she speaks just as a result of her background and make it her mission to learn any kanji she missed and it wouldn't nearly be as hard as learning a fuinjutsu seal. then she would just warp reality by writing the relevant words for this or that, like in the duel we just she'd just write "silence" to stop the genjutsu from playing then punch Usagi or something, there would be nothing stopping her from just having a kanji answer for everything. honestly, letter magic users like that if played realistically/smartly would be some of the most brokenly overpowered characters in existence, capable of taking on nearly anyone if they use their power right. like, its very possible that only reality-warping gods or faster than sight or higher level speedsters who kill them before they get a letter off are the only ones capable of winning for sure off the top of my head. or anyone with a sniper rifle, I guess, assuming that they can't letter magic a way to be permanently immune to bullets....

point is, TLDR: letter magic is potentially one of the most broken things in existence, having to draw it on paper and use very complicated fuinjutsu seals more complex than any letter or kanji are vital balancing mechanisms for Kimiko. I'm not giving her letter magic unless I can find enough downsides that its not an auto-win.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Heh. I am not THAT one piece fanatic anymore. But during my military service this and ponies held me more or less sane.

Anyway!
    Well, chakra can always be a cost. Maybe it can be something forbidden, like it use Kimiko's life force or life span.
    Or something I really liked that Rick Riorden did with TRUE names magic, it's not enough to know what sounds make the name.
    You got to know the SOUL in and out of the name, which you want to jse for manipulations.

So... if Kimiko want to learn a Kanji of sealing, she need to exprience being sealed for X time herself, so she will understand the concept so deeply, that when she write it down, it has it's full meaning.

As for Usagi's background, I mostly wanted to show, that rabbit kingdom aren't MLP, who just help anyone, and also a peek into Usagi's psyche.

------
    My previouse Avater