New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Rater-
    About Senko's abilities-
    The ears, are like the eyes of Hyuga and Uchiha.

I guess having transmitted Uchiha bloodline into you is good, but without the eyes... I am not sure what will happen.

Ottomaru has three sets of ears- normal pair, Fukaimi and Komoro
    We know from Obito possessing Kakashi after he died that just having the Chakra is enough to manifest the Sharingan in at least some circumstances.

Also, note that Senko is a member of Jugo's clan and has his Kekei Genkai: Her body physically changes when she uses her powers.
    Spoiler: Jugo by default
    Show
    Spoiler: Jugo using his power
    Show

The way I see it, using Ottomaru's cells means that Senko has the chakra, if not the genes, for the Fukaimi and Komoro's powers, so she should be able to change her ears to the appropriate kind using her own powers... But right now, her body is trying to do both at once so it's not coming out as either.

This is the same reason why her skin is currently made of paper.

If she'd done someone who had both the Sharingan and the Byakugan, for example, her eyes would be a solid pink color and she wouldn't be able to access the powers of either bloodline.

She needs to finish amalgamating Ottomaru's cells with her own. Until then, the interaction between those powers and her own bloodline will leave her in bad shape.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: The Nekozaki Clan:
    Show

The Nekozaki are new and small clan, but are famous as their founder and current head clan Ameoku is one of the three Sandas(Thunders) of the sound, a hero of the Sound, and feared villian for the Leaf. Ameoku and Hitsume were part of big family of war orphans who have joined the war, and made a deep pact with the Cat Kingdom for unkown price-
    the darker rumors tell, that they have sold the souls of their nine siblings.
    the more relaxed,rumors say, they simply did dangerouse expriements, and Ameoku and Hitsume were the only ones to happen to succeed- in merging with summoned cats.

They have tained many beast and feline affinities. During the war, their main adversary were the Inuzaka clan, who used their ability to sniff out the sound ninjas out of their hideouts.
    Beast to beast, their battles were the most bloody, and yet both sisters have survived. Impressed, the first Ottokage has took Ameoku as student, and made Hitsume a Captain of her own squad.
    Ameoku is quite popular with the war veterans, and especialy the Broken Record club- she got married to a 'normal' ninja called Odayma.
    Hitsume do have a daughter, but she still single, waiting for the 'right husband'.
    Though, most of their abilities are taijutsu based, they do have a sense of freshness and glory among the ninja clans- but lack in tradtion and tact.

Characteristics:
    -So far, for some reason it seems they give birth only to females. Though, it might be just a stasticial rarity.
    -Cat ears, tails, and some pattern that remind of a feline- stripes for example. Sometimes, even an actual fur.
    -cat like behavior
    -tend to have playful sadistic side

Known Members:
    Clan Head: Ameoku- known as 'Crimson Crescents', Anbu Commnder, Odayama is her husband, but doesn't have any of clan's abilities.

Miko and Kimiko- their daughters, 7 and 5 .

Hitsume- Ameoku's sister- A Chunin, ferociouse and loud.

Bloodline Abilities:

Claws Powerful claws, which enhanced with the chakra of the user. Ameoku can cut through steel and stone as if it was butter.

Enhanced senses

Flexible Spine

Huntress Mode They connect even more to their cat side, turning more cat and beast like, enahcning all of their 'stats' but risking going berserk.
    It matter of mental self control and chakra control

and Natural Pact With The Cat Kingdom the summoned cats, consider the clan as part of their own from they day the born, getting summoned relativly easily for them, and very loyal
    Even Kimiko can summon a cat with a relative ease.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah. Sure, yep. Make sense.

But I will still keep Ottomaru looking wierd and creepy. heh.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2020-11-15 at 07:39 AM.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: The Legend Of Odokuro and the Rice Indepdence War
    Show

[The Legend Of Odokuro and bits of the Rice Indepdence War]

The Nation Of Fire were focused on their center, while the prefferial teritories were used more as resource revenue.
    Over the years, the people of the Land Of Rice devolped resentment toward the Land Of Fire, who were focused on their center.
    The Land Of Rice has also attracted refuges of the World Ninja War, including citizens, ashigarus, Ronins and Ashigarus.
    This was probably a time bomb material.
    The fire which ignited the bomb about twenty years ago was a feud of a small family:
    The Fire Damiyo Family, Hotayio*.
    An inheritance crisis.
    The firstborn Saisho has broken his spine in horse riding accident, and a little bif after that, his father, the previouse Damiyo of the Fire died.
    But a cripple Damiyo?!
    His younger brother Banme with a major support of the nobility and most kf the people of the land of Fire took over.
    But Saisho Hotaiyo didn't meant to give up. He left to an abandoned family's castle and prepared for a rebellion- but Saisho beside suitcases of money he carried, and few loyal Samurais, servants and very few estranged nobles
    Saisho failed to gain the trust of significant amount of people.
    Broken people came. Ronins came. Aimless Ashigarus came.
    Ninjas came. Even clans.
    Most for the promise of food and money, some for their own reasons, like the Fukaimi clan who have came both to get legal security for their faith and a chance to spread it.
    But they won't listen to Saisho. Won't unite. Who shall lead this mob?
    Who can unite this broken lot under his power?
    Not Saisho-Dono, with all due respect. Even if he wasn't a cripple- a noble,the firstborn of the man so many of those people have blamed their troubles for.
    So many voices and sounds, have turned ino cacophony, the Gohantawa Castle was about to face chaos inside, from the rising tensions.
    And then the sky have darkened, and drum like thunders were heard.
    Odokuro has arrived. A gigantic man, clad in human skulls and bones, hitting a drum made of human skin, which made the sky to thunder.
    You couldn't ignore this man.
    Despite his thunderiouse drumming and his near silent speech was heard well. "I am Odokuro- the ghost of the starving and those who can't cry anymore. I wear my family and friends's skeletons, I have crafted this drum from their skin- all the voices that the Ninja World has silenced. I am the giant starving skeleton. I am the voice of those who aren't here anymore, and I will be your voice. Sound. I can't promise hope. I can't promise a victory, but I can promise that your sound will be heard- the firstborn's robbed out of his right to rule, won't be ignored. The world want to forget you, to be deaf to you but we will rip their ear open!"
    After this speech, he also invited anyone to challenge him in any way and form to prove his worth.
    And at this day, the Hidden Sound Village has been found. Not far from the Gohantawa castle. Odokuro has already devolped dozens of sound based jutsus,and also mastered necromancy and could manipulate the weather with his drum but the clans of Fukaimi and Komoro have inspired the tech and more jutsus.

The Hidden Village Of The Sound was actually hidden- even if there were report of movement of refuges and missing ninjas into the Land Of Rice,but they never imagined they were organzing.
    In few years, rough, young yet somehow rusty the Sound have bursted as thunder- The Rice Indpedence War has started with series of perfectly coordinated terrorist attacks, in one night, basicly majority of the presence of Land Of Fire were gone.
    "The Night Of The Dieing Fire".
    Shocked and furiouse, the Ninjas of Konoha have attacked. Stronger in numbers and raw power, with exprienced organization and varied powerful abilities.
    Inuzukas made hiding almost impossible, Akmechis have ruined buildings and walls, Yamankas have seeded chaos and paranioa, Uchina nearly nulified any unique advantage Sound Shinobis had and so on and on.

But the Sound Ninjas were desprate, inspired by Odokuro to leave mark on the world by any mean possible- Last Scream suicide jutsus, very effective communcation and propaganda system, allowing themselves to be expriemneted on...
    The three strongest and wildest were chosen to be the personal students of Odokuro- The Three Thunders.
    The war was long, bloody... for almost ten years.
    Under those condition, the way to raise in the ranks were through killing.
    To become a Genin you had to kill an enemy ninja.
    The Hokage himself came to lead the charge just to lose in the Onigiri Bridge Battle.
    After the victory, Odokuro have splitted his forces between himself and the three thunders to conqure and secure the land of Rice while he and the main forces, gotten back to gather reinforments at the village.
    But this was the trap and the last hope of the Hokage to save face. He followed them into the village, attacking in the moment, they were resting.
    This bloody battle was called "The Swan Song Battle", as in his last breath, Odokuro has caught the Hokage and about dozen of Jounins in legendary suicide jutsu, where he sang to their collected doom.

Konoha entered a time of uncertainty, and were forced to recongnize the indepdence of Land Of Rice, and Saisho was recongnized as Damiyo.
    Even after research, no one is sure where did Odokuro came from.
    Odokuro's drum is an artifact that kept secretly, somewhere in the village- it isn't clear if the drum itself had the ability, or was it Odokuro- but one way or another, there are no reports of using the drum since Odokuro's death.
    Odokuro became a symbol of the defiance of the broken people, the power of despair.
    But it told Odokuro has chosen Nozojo to succeed him. The ninja who has revoultanized the communcation and propagnda, promising age of hope, peace and prosperity.
    Konoaha remember him, as a vengful and dark ghost, Ottokagure remember as a father figure, who gave them a second chance in glory.

*fire of the sun

Last edited by igordragonian; 2020-11-15 at 11:04 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

That sound good, but the whole Root thing shouldn't be public knowledge. the entire point of organizations like Root are their secrecy and the fact they're undercover. It would be like a black ops division suddenly declaring themselves the leader of a government: it goes entirely against the point of being a black ops unit, as black ops unit are off the record: as in not, recorded, unknown by anyone. like Root being open is the problem with Anbu being open times ten.

Like I'm not going to make Root an open part of Konoha, thats simply not going to work with what I have in mind.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

Easily edited out.

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

I am now working on the Kurokaze Inc. And industry in general lore..
    And I have a question.
    I remember in one of the movies were a train? Maybe I Remebering it wrong?
    Like, I undsrstand it must be relativly rare,but the tech exist. Right?

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

I am now working on the Kurokaze Inc. And industry in general lore..
    And I have a question.
    I remember in one of the movies were a train? Maybe I Remebering it wrong?
    Like, I undsrstand it must be relativly rare,but the tech exist. Right?
    Well here is thing about fictional universes and movies: just because its there, doesn't mean its canon.

you probably mean the Land of Snow train. from the Land of the Snow movie. aka, the one Naruto movie everyone watched at some point.

question is, the movie canon?

judging from what I can find the fandom consensus is, there are only two Naruto movies that are canon:
    Naruto The Last
    Boruto movie

thats it. (Land of Frost is different)

So no, it doesn't exist, not until Boruto the series, because Boruto himself goes back in time to give the father one of his friends the idea of trains to invent so it shows up 20 years later.

like look: any arc after Sasuke Retrieval Arc in original Naruto is all filler, while Naruto Shippuden has the problem where its filler is sandwiched between actual episodes, so....you'd need a comprehensive manga-to-anime guide to which one is which, and even then some of that filler can be considered extensions of this or that to expand upon things the manga didn't have time for (like a lot of what we know of Kaguya's backstory is from the anime for example)

while the Boruto the series is this weird state where everything about it is canon despite the manga and the anime being different, so electrical trains at least can exist in Narutoverse and is within a decade or two of being invented and used, but whether trains exist yet HERE which isn't canon is something yet to be determined, like you clearly want that so, how do we determine what we want in or not? because we can't patchwork this, tech is an issue given the kind of things we're working with here, because any little thing could give one village an advantage or another that could throw off how we want warfare to go and therefore screw how up how the setting makes sense, get me?

like we should probably get this tech stuff all sorted out at once rather trying to piecemeal this so we all know to expect.

starting out:
    -no guns
    -no cars

these clearly do not exist in Narutoverse. this is back up by a quote from the naruto wiki:
    When commenting on Naruto, Masashi Kishimoto said that he designed Konohagakure without specifying an era or location in the real world, noting that the village is "just a place in his head". Without a specific time period, Kishimoto included modern elements in the series such as convenience stores and movies, but specifically excluded projectile weapons and vehicles from the storyline. Regarding technology itself, Kishimoto said that "Naruto" would not have any firearms, yet one appeared behind a shopkeeper's desk on a page in Chapter 19. He said he may include automobiles, aircraft, and "low-processing" computers; Kishimoto specified the computers would "maybe" be eight-bit and that they would "definitely not" be sixteen-bit.
    (Yet no cars have ever been seen in Naruto and I've yet to see one in Boruto either, no aircraft (well technically not Kakashi Hiden Lightning in the Icy Sky but I haven't read that), and well, getting into computers is a whole thing unto itself.)

so if we're being the safe side with the vehicles thing, there should be no modern vehicles of any kind that means transportation is: Boats, horse, carriages, rickshaws and jutsu based ways of getting around like birds made from elements, summoned animals, defying gravity that sort of thing

that the ground rule, now there is room for exceptions, but we have to make sure the exception makes sense, see? it has to fit with the entire world. As in everything that has come before. you make a contradiction with that, then we will have to get into a discussion about the contradiction and how to resolve it. which is tiring if nothing else, see?

so if you want to talk about this, we have to get it absolutely crystal clear what technology is publicly available everywhere and why the tech that isn't, is the exception and whether its plot-important. I don't want to have more technology discussions down the line where we are confused on this, asking about this again. we all need to be on the same page, no matter what it takes, got it? or so help me by the Sage of the Six Paths, I'll do a thorough and rigorous technology write up to determine what is or isn't available excepting plot important new developments without any input from you based on what I can figure out just to make absolutely sure.

cause I can tell you. long post like this? probably is going to get Rater to respond with something, and its probably going to lead to one of our long-winded discussions. and as I recall, you don't like those, so we might as well get all the technology out of the way, in one go.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Well, that why I have brought it to discussion.
    Because tech in naruto world is a bit wierd, and there are some grey areas.

And I was thinking about industry and stuff, and my mind traced to steam trains, and I was like.
    Eh... it make sense?
    No?
    Eh...

So yeah.

Well, about firearms, I think there would be two good reasons, why there will never be firearms-

Firearms are the elitism killers.
    Like, knight and samurai need to train from childhood even in our history, archers also require at least few years of trainings, but guns-in few days or weeks any noob can kill anyone basicly.

That why also in Japan, for a long time, the nobility tried to ban firearms for as long as they could.

And in Naruto world they can suceed in it. Also, from the point of view of those who can fund such a project- a 12 years kid from an academy can be so much more useful, then some peasants he give relatovly expansive boom stick. To me it seems realistic actually.

But there is an elecrcity, movies so... in my headcannon the Naruto.world is somewhere around early 20th century tech, but it depend also on the social structure.

My idea was that the Land Of Wind is heavily indusralized,so the Kurokaze Inc. Have built train system.
    Why won't other lands make train?
    Well, geography might get in the way- train on mountains is hard. In swampz it's hard. Even in deep forest.
    Dessert is an easy area for this. It's really easy to damage the system, so you need to be motivated to guard it at high cost.

It's isnt the most essential point, but I still think we need to decide together what make sense ajd what isn't, because we three are all worldbuilding geeks and I love it.

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #759

A thing to keep in mind:

Killing Intent is not a technique.

Killing intent is just being intent on killing someone. It's just, when you have a lot of chakra, any malicious intention you have for people becuase noticeable in a way that it may cause people weaker than you, particularly those you're intending to kill, the freeze in terror.

I don't think that's come up yet, but it's a thing I know gets misunderstood int he fandom so...

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, lets try and do it in lists:

Tech that Exists In Naruto Era:
    Fridge
    Batteries
    Camera
    Computers for medical purposes
    Telephone
    Television For the Daimyos to Communicate
    Sattelite Dish
    VCR
    Videotapes
    Wireless Radio
    Wooden boats
    Movies

Tech That Exists in Boruto Era:
    Videogames
    Trains
    Internet
    "Airships" (whatever those are)
    Email
    Mobile Phones
    prosthetics/healing for losing limbs

Tech that will Never Exist:
    Guns
    Cars, probably?

Plot Important Tech: (tech that if it exists has plot importance)
    Advanced Genetic Engineering (Orochimaru wouldn't be the creepy mad scientist we know him as if this wasn't possible after all, and his experiments are a source of many things in filler and in canon)
    Fuinjutsu (the jinchuuriki are a marvel of fuinjutsu, as are the cursed seals and both have some importance to play in the plot at some point)
    Time Travel (after all, its the crux of an entire plot in Boruto and a Naruto movie)
    Space/dimensional Travel (the Moon Hyuugas and the Otsusuki are both in space, as the animal from another dimension Boruto's friend summons early on is from another dimension
    Magical Weapon Forging (Its not exactly clear how the Seven Swords of the Mist were made, and they clearly given an advantage in battle, so I'm assuming how they're made would be something important)
    Moon-Destroying Chakra Cannon (Because thats a thing, thanks to The Last. It was never fired though, so one questions if it could actually do that or if Kumo was being blowhards like always)

Things I'm Assuming Exist or Makking Exist in Naruto Era For this roleplay:
    Lightbulbs
    horses, rickshaws and carriages
    crossbows
    Puppet Cybernetics in Sunagakure

Things that Igor is making exist:
    tracking chips
    radio
    trains at earlier time

I think this is a good start, Igor, Rater, do you have anything you want to add to any of these lists?

11. - Top - End - #761

...Are there plans for the One-Tails Jinchuriki?

A few years ago there was talk about a Naruto game(that was full of people who don't care about Naruto canon) that I was in before I dropped out and my idea for a character was "Shukaku jinchuriki who was focused more on Shukaku's curse marks rather than direct sand control."

Placing Shukaku's marks on things to magnetize them, generating magnetic ink, and restraining people's bodies with only Shukaku's "ultimate defense" in terms of sand control.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Well I have someone in mind for the One Tails and they're connected with another character I have in mind from Suna.

So....hm, how do we work this out? I haven't been touching Suna much because Igor also has ideas for Suna, so....all three of us have investment in that. and the One Tails is a pretty big part of Suna. So this might be something on par with the technology discussion that we are also doing here, because we need to be on the same page on Suna if all three of us have ideas for it.

13. - Top - End - #763

Oh no, I was just wondering. If there's plans that's fine.

Though, a thought I had: The Jinchuriki are mostly used as weapons. Either you deliberately let it fail and let the bast rampage, or someone master' it's powe and throws it's chakra around.

and that's the kind of thing that redefines the landscape so there should be records of that kind of thing happening: When and where.

As an alternative of or in addition to the thing with the Gold and Silver Brothers... Well, Psuedo-Jinchuriki were introduced in anime filler with Sora, a boy who had the ambient chakra from the Nine-Tail's attack forcibly bonded to his cells as a child.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

Hm. there should recorded accounts, good catch. I wasn't thinking about that.

Lets see how to break this down logically....either Jinchuuriki use is intentional or unintentional. Thing is given that the Shinobi Nations aren't a bunch of wastelands and craters, such occurrences would have to be pretty rare in both categories.

Lets see if there was an intentional unleashing its probably not actually against one of the big five/superpowers unless two jinchuuriki are fighting one another to meet force with force, but thats an incredibly desperate tactic and has problems that I've detailed in my writeups, also mutually assured destruction and all that. no I imagine they'd prefer to use jinchuuriki against smaller nations as a show of power because they can't respond back. maybe a jinchuuriki was unleashed upon the Land of Rain at least once, that seems like the type of place that would get that unlucky.

another possibility is Uzushiogakure, which was destroyed in war due to its fuinjutsu, but no canonical source makes a claim as to what, but a jinchuuriki being unleashed upon them is pretty plausible if the tailed beast is still bound to the human while it happens, which I think would prevent them from using fuinjutsu to bind them into someone else, and a nearby nation could've done sabotage to prevent any other fuinjutsu tricks to stop it. Given the proximity, and that we said that the Uzumakis are dwelling in Konoha now, this leaves two obvious suspects of either Kirigakure or Kumogakure being behind the destruction, possibly both if they considered the Uzumakis a big enough threat. Konoha has no clear motive though, as they have a good strong relationship them- their symbol wouldn't exist as it does without the Uzumakis after all.

Of course there could be other fallen lands or clans that once existed but was destroyed by one jinchuuriki or another for some reason, whether because they had some strange unique power, or had some knowledge no one else did. you don't break out the big guns for nothing.

on the unintentional side well...it could honestly occur anywhere if the jinchuuriki was sent on a mission without any intention of using their tailed beast and they encountered a sufficiently traumatic situation, as Naruto and Gaara demonstrate. But most cases of this would probably be known battlefields anyways, as going into battle would be the missions most likely to cause that sort of breakdown. Its not impossible that you get something like the Land of Waves mission doing it, but its much more improbable. Its either the battlefields or such accidental breakdowns occur close to the hidden village, as its where they spend of the most time and thus experience something that hurts them enough like heartbreak or something.

But of course, Jinchuuriki are rare, so every case of the tailed beast breaking out and going ham on things is a little unusual or unique even if there are tendencies and guidelines that can probably apply to them.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

Mm, I don't have specific ideas for the junchuriki specifialy.
    Right now, I am more in world building mood.

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #766

Mostly I was just saying that if the Gold and Silver brothers thing proves untenable there are alternatives.

Personally, I still like the "Kurama uses the leftover chakra in their bodies to animate them as puppets and afterward Senko and anyone else infused with that chakra can communicate with him if he's in range," particularly if we can wrangle it in conjunction with

But if we decide that doesn't work we just need someone able to pick up any ambient traces of chakra and a reason to be in a battleground with a known jinchuriki incideent.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

Gold and Silver brothers?

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

Gold and Silver brothers?
    These two idiots:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also Link to their page: on the wiki: Ginkaku and Kinkaku

@ Rater: ah, I thought you were talking about making a pseudo-jinchuuriki that could do all the things that you want to do with One Tails without being the one tails, but okay whatever.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-11-17 at 06:47 PM.

19. - Top - End - #769

Senko proposed making a deal with Cloud to get their bodies for research, becuase they were able to somehow absorb Kurama's chakra, and Raz and I talked in detail about how that might go, but Senko put that on the backburner after realizing just how small and weak the Cloud Village is.

@Raz. Like I said, it's just a passing thought I had...

Though, I've already got a kid with Lava Release becuase he's inherited trace amounts of Son Goku's chakra from his Jinchuriki ancestor, so it's not like I need something complicated to recycle the concept.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-11-17 at 06:54 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Well as for searching ambient traces of chakra.....I dunno, such battlefields and incidents seem more like an opportunity to learn about someone who might've been involved with the incident that could have such chakra in them somehow, as chakra doesn't seem to have much consistency out of a living beings body most of the time- its something that you need to mold and compress, and that when you let go of it into nature, it naturally spreads out, dissolved, diffuses, thus scattering to the wind. its why those early chakra exercises are so important because you can't USE chakra like any old action, you have shape and focus it, because its natural tendency to is to spread like, much like a gas

like sure, devastation might be left, but there is no proof in canon that chakra sticks around for very long without some force shaping and condensing it that I know of? you don't get things like radioactive chakra zones or clouds of chakra that hang over a battlefield. like chakra is pretty consistently shown to be something that needs a living thing to function as it does: whether it is as a technique, a bloodline, a fruit, a living sword, though fuinjutsu can replicate life's ability to "contain" chakra it seems, its primarily about living things. I doubt you'll find it clumped together in some little chakra cloud on some random battlefield.

like sure you can argue that it might be in some mutated piece of grass or something but I dunno, that feels kind of cheap to me? like we should at least consider the implications of what a pseudo-plantchuuriki is like, and what that means for any other plant. I mean they're all divisions of that god tree right, so don't you think offshoots of that would be.....something or other? I dunno Naruto doesn't say much on how chakra interacts with things outside the human body.

Tell you what though: the reason why Kimiko's father would be in the Swan Song battle would be fight the Nine Tails Jinchuuriki with his fuinjutsu expertise, and to get them away from the main battle so their great power doesn't interfere with the First Otokage's plan and also to make sure the nine tails jinchuuriki doesn't die and unleash the fox across the land of Rice. Its not exactly clear what happened with him or the jinchuuriki at that point- this is intentional gap of knowledge. so there is mystery, and so we can be flexible about what that situation actually was until we need to "reveal" it. So technically you just passed the very battlefield you could investigate into possible sources of nine tails chakra and investigate more on Kimiko's father at the same time, thus tying the quests together in a way.

PS: we still have to think about the technology thing, by the way. Not that letting that go.

21. - Top - End - #771

Well, I mean, tha'ts literally how Psuedo-Jinchuriki were introduced: Anime filler had some guy collect ambient chakra from the Nine-Tails attack on the leaf and then shoved it in his kid.

As for tech... Honestly I'm not super invested.

I have a mental image of Senko singing Crazy Train with the lyrics rewritten to be about the cycle of hatred but that's about it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Well, I mean, tha'ts literally how Psuedo-Jinchuriki were introduced: Anime filler had some guy collect ambient chakra from the Nine-Tails attack on the leaf and then shoved it in his kid.
    Augh, I dislike that. doesn't feel very mystical. like like whats to stop every hidden village form just doing that making a whole bunch of pseudo-jinchuuriki super-soldiers? do I really want things to go in that direction? its not real plot conducive either because it makes the process of getting it boring since it can theoretically be done without any conflict or obstacles. I don't come for boring missions where nothing happens.

and how? Whats the method? the process matters as much as the result.

23. - Top - End - #773

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Augh, I dislike that. doesn't feel very mystical. like like whats to stop every hidden village form just doing that making a whole bunch of pseudo-jinchuuriki super-soldiers?
    Well, going from filler to canon, apparently only a minority of people can survive having their cells directly infused with Tailed Beast Chakra: citing the gold and Silver Brothers, it's explicitly stated that the Cloud tried to replicate what happened with them by feeding ninja chunks of Gyuki's tentacles and all the test subjects died.

The Brothers are said to be descendants of the Sage of Six Paths, so presumably, it's only people with a noticeable amount of Otsusuki blood...

Now, in real life after 1000 years you'd have over a billion descendants, but the Ninja World has been in a constant state of alternating War and Cold War for that entire time and the two main groups of the Sage's descendants were at each other's throats for much of that, so those numbers are gonna be much, much lower.

Not to mention that clans tend to stick "among their own" and we know for a fact that the clans practice cousin marriage on occasion.

So I'm gonna say at most 500,000 people with the majority of them being clustered up in big groups and so aren't evenly distributed.

Obviously, the Cloud Village wasn't going to risk any bloodline users, they're too valuable, so if any of the Cloud Village's clans are Otsusuki descendants they wouldn't have been in the grafting group, and after they failed everyone who knew about the Gold and Silver Brothers assumed it couldn't be replicated.

So, if Senko and Kimiko came up with means of collecting ambient chakra and cultivating it to get enough to make a Pseudo-Jinchuriki and gathered whatever may or may not be left at the site where Kimiko's father died fighting the last Nine-Tails, Senko and Kimiko could probably survive it, but unless there's something that Igor isn't telling us about Usagi it probably wouldn't work with her.

And it definitely wouldn't work with Ichika or Tomoe, who are just normal people.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #774

Proposal: Strongest forms of the elements.

Advanced elemental releases accessible through bloodline powers, special training, or both. If other advanced elements are a hybrid of two elements, these could be considered their base element combined with itself in order to refine it down to a purer and more potent form.

Fire Release: Blaze Release, per canon. Black fire that burns as hot as the sun and can't

Wind Release, Typhoon Release, per canon: Techniques conjure wind storms.

Earth Release: Crystal release, based in inference and Anime Filler. Crystals with various physical and metaphysical properties.

Lightning Release: Black Lightning, inferred from canon in comparison to fire release. I honestly don't have an actual name for it.

Water Release: Surge Release: Massive amounts of water, in proportion to the amount of chakra used, always conjured from nothing. No subtlety, no precision, just the crushing force of a tsunami.

Beyond that.

I feel like we need a Lightning/Fire combo to round them out but all I can think of is "plasma" and I think that's already covered by a Kekei Tota you've made.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-11-20 at 02:34 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

Well the kekkei touta I made is more specifically SUN Release, being a combination of fire, wind and lightning release. its the only I could think of that fit.

for fire/lightning.....well plasma fits admittedly, but a consideration: Sun Release has wind in in it, thus actual particles, but Scorch Release is fire/wind, thus scorch release is actually the plasma release, as plasma is just superheated air. so.... fire/lightning isn't really anything?

though Wind/Lightning has the same problem, as it lacks a dual release like lightning/fire, even though it should be Storm release, not Water/Lightning.

also Explosion Release is Earth/Lightning and Magnet Release is Earth/Wind for some reason. don't ask me how those work.

also there is no gale release, there is Gale STYLE which is just another name for Storm Release, but isn't actually a release of its own

so I dunno, Naruto element logic is bit screwy, I think we're just going to find some synonyms online to name fire/lightning and wind/lightning and slap some arbitrary differences in technique onto them. I nominate Tempest for Wind/Lightning and Heat Release for Fire/Lightning.

26. - Top - End - #776

I meant Typhoon.

It's established that "Earth" also covers gravity, so MAgnet being a mixture of Earth and another element makes sense. Electromagnetism is a Fundemenalt force, just like gravity, so... Something something.

Also, despite what Pokemon will tell you, rocks don't ignore electricity. If enough lightning hits a rock, the rock will explode.

Scorch is presented as a glowing orange/pink energy, but officially it's raw dry heat. It doesn't burn you, it cooks and dehydrates you.

When I say Plasma is covered by Sun Release, I mean there's really no distinction between Plasma and what you've got going.

Fire and lighting are both arguably types of plasma, so...

I believe I proposed "Swift Release," the element that's "moving really fast," from the movie, as being the combination of Wind and Lightning since both are associated with Speed and both can be used in speed boosting techniques.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

Okay.

But what else would say a combination of Wind/Fire/Lightning even be, if not the Sun? the Sun is hot, provides energy, is unbound by the earth, and there is such a thing as solar wind. also, speed of light. So it feels like Fire/Lightning would just be a less strong version of Sun then, like Plasma Release.

as for Swift Release.....yeah sure why not.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

I am around, it's just that my industry lore and IC post are getting longer and longer..
    And it also seems I'll have to uodste the IC post

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #779

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Okay.

But what else would say a combination of Wind/Fire/Lightning even be, if not the Sun? the Sun is hot, provides energy, is unbound by the earth, and there is such a thing as solar wind. also, speed of light. So it feels like Fire/Lightning would just be a less strong version of Sun then, like Plasma Release.

as for Swift Release.....yeah sure why not.
    Imean, there is overlap in the elements: Off the top of my head, "Sage Art: Yin Release Lightning Dispatch" is using Senjutsu and Yin Chakra to make Lightning without actually using Lightning Release, which is pretty blatant.

Maybe "Plasma Release" has the functionality of Earthly Plasmas: Maybe something like this but "Sun Release" is, like, a lot hotter and also includes radiation?

Or maybe the more metaphorical effects of sun and starlight?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

....useful information, as I'm planning for at least one ninja to use fire release for 1000 degree knife tricks. Note to self: focused Fire makes glass shatter

Well my idea for Sun Release was that you literally make miniature suns and exploit how stars themselves work on a small scale, laser beams is kind of a one note use in my opinion, and seems more like a Plasma Release thing anyways. not sure what kind of ninja I'll giving it to yet, its more of a general idea that I might use later.