New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

Apologies, I meant giving that name for those other reasons, I'm not treading on canon in that way.

as for in terms of powers? mushrooms growing and grabbing at things, draining energy from stuff, spreading spores for various effects, spreading molds or eat stuff up, fungus place to control things like zombies and that idea there you said might be used for some communication idea. might look up powers on the superpower wiki for more ideas.

of course, a big part of such these genins developments will be how they branch out from where the start and what skills they pick up to become more well-rounded or take advantage of what they have. like for example, it might be a good idea for Okita to use Wind Release to better spread the spores even if that isn't an affinity as that extends the range of her attacks and gives the added danger of wind release attacks into the mix.

and yeah, I knew you'd like Kyuketsuki.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #842
    Colossus in the Playground

Honestly, since I've got it that Senko can do simple elemental manipulation that isn't to dependant on shape transformation as long as she's got the appropriate nature transformation and chakra control, and becuase the "practice water transformation" technique Jirou showed her is conjuring mist, I've been tempted by the idea of having her learn or independent make her own version of the Hidding In Mist technique and tie it into her "basically a berserker who runs up and beats up the other guy" fighting style.

It's gonna be a lot easier to beat the crap out of someone if they can't see you coming
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Titan in the Playground

Ok.
    First, I am actually thinking a lot about the stone village, and I have ideas for it, but it depend if we have an agreement for it's lore.

About so and so tecniques- There is a reason this game in this sub forum and not the 'normal one'- I don't view myself as the GM.
    It's 'democratic' roleplaying with it's goods and ills.

Yes, me and Raziere have devolped it in the begining, and I had preffered tone and inspiration.
    In every anime/manga there is the certain 'oomf' that speak to me-
    in Dragon ball that would be big booms. Over the top transformation.

To me, Naurto excel on it's emotional side.
    Like, killing people messing up human's heads.
    Easily killing people messing up even worse.

It's has the right combination of shunen action with war story drama. Kisame's backstory is something I like. He might be my favorite Akatsuki for it.
    also his attitude. To me, techniques are in serve of the plot and themes. Often, for example, I think the signature technique fit the ninja- Naruto is lonely, so he excel at creating friends/clones.

Garra feel attacked by the world, so sand shield and so on.

I can see Jounins, who are 12, but they will be Jounins and a big deal, but even that.

I am not replying to specific characters and tecniques, becuase I don't have much to say.

What I do want from a battle, that... there are no power level walls-

in DBZ at certain level gap, you are simply useless.

But in Naruto, Naruto and Sasuke managed to trick and fight Zabuza and Haku, by being clever with what they got. and it feel realistic to me- yes, we have veteran soldiers, and martial artists... but a bullet in their head will be as effective, even from a toddler who accidently played with a gun.
    They are more likely to be wary of this said toddler, but they may not.

At Shipudden at some point, it felt more on the DBZ side.

But even that- We are all equals here, and each of us may devolp the lore and all that. As long the theme and style can be kept I am happy.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

I see. Very well. If your okay with it Igor, then I'm okay with it as well. I've already apologized but sorry again Rater, looks like I was shutting you down on those characters for nothing. feel free to use the double dojutsu guy with the mangekyo if you want, the limitation was more to make sure we didn't have any genin using things like kamui that would just be ridiculous, thats exact kind of hax that won't and shouldn't be here. A-rank is fine, but lets keep legendary, unique or mythical stuff that way okay?

I know we're equal Igor, thats why I wanted your opinion on this so that I know what the limit is for you. some people define this sort of thing tighter than others.

As for Stone Village/Iwa, pretty sure we have both our writeups and I think I've done my second one some time ago. we just have to check them and see what if anything conflicts and what we want to do about them. for my part, I'm honestly not sure what to do with Iwagakure plotwise. Shimizu is the most I have in mind for it. canonically its just this rock-themed ninja village thats all about holding true to solid foundations and such. there is this like, rite of finding this heart stone I guess, but I'm not clear on how to translate what the village is into something more fleshed out....

oh hey found something! from the wiki: apparently Land of Stone being barren canonically relies heavily on importing food from somewhere call the Land of Flowers to support itself. thats something. it means its in a similar situation to Suna/Wind as one would think.

Edit: as for Ameoku visiting the Ishikawa or Kaguya clans we can do that when you decide which one you want to visit first Igor. do you want Jirou to be present for her visit to the Ishikawa clan by the way?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-12-14 at 06:37 PM.

5. - Top - End - #845

Update on that Boruto Anime Arc regarding stolen Hashirama Cells:

Using them and a splinter of the Shinju collected after the battle at the 4th Great Shinobi War, Victor experimented on a frack load of people and made a clone of the God Tree, So... Yeah.

His plan was to feed enough people to it to grow a chakra fruit in the hopes that eating it would boost his power enough to complete and perfect his artificial healing factor enough to restore his youth and fully replace his lost limbs.

He had a minion who also wanted to eat of the fruit... To see what it tastes like.

So, reiterating my vote that most/all of the eldritch bullcrap with Hashirama is unique to him rather than being a Wood release thing.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Update on that Boruto Anime Arc regarding stolen Hashirama Cells:

Using them and a splinter of the Shinju collected after the battle at the 4th Great Shinobi War, Victor experimented on a frack load of people and made a clone of the God Tree, So... Yeah.

His plan was to feed enough people to it to grow a chakra fruit in the hopes that eating it would boost his power enough to complete and perfect his artificial healing factor enough to restore his youth and fully replace his lost limbs.

He had a minion who also wanted to eat of the fruit... To see what it tastes like.

So, reiterating my vote that most/all of the eldritch bullcrap with Hashirama is unique to him rather than being a Wood release thing.
    Again, I reiterate my "Hashirama is some tailed beast/human hybrid" theory in agreement with you.

Edit: also edited first post to add Benjiro, and various other things so they're all linked, Rater want me to find your old Sharingan/byakugan character and link that to?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-12-15 at 01:18 AM.

7. - Top - End - #847

I mean, having both eyes was only part of the problem with him--you also commented that his backstory(being abandoned by both clans after his parents were killed, the only relative who cared about him dying on a mission, and so on) felt a bit "weak" and you objected to my pointing out that, strictly speaking, he should be physically capable of Susanoo(even though I clarified that he didn't have the chakra for it by the time of the meeting.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I was being stupid. I was still in "Mangekyo results in hax overpowered abilities and thus needs a good backstory to justify that/thats too close to Fourth Ninja war stuff" mode. It isn't actually that weak a backstory in retrospect- those are very bad things to happen to someone, I just didn't want to a genin to have convenient access to such overpowered abilities like intangibility or black fire that can't be put out by already having those in a backstory. I apologize for shutting you down like that. your not using that for those reasons so I should've been more reasonable. so consider my previous objections amended to "okay you can have that. but if the second type of Uchiha of this kind is used to get Kamui or something at character creation they're not getting the same allowance".

9. - Top - End - #849

Any character I make that has something comparable to Kamui is gonna be a one-shot villain.

Like, I proposed a "movie Style" adventure that involved the PCs fighting someone and then waking up in a world that's more similar to the canon timeline a while back. The villain of that would probably have some Hax power just to replicate the feat of sending the PCs there in the first place.

But, they wouldn't be unbearable and I'd probably do my best Dan Shive impression to make it clear that they are a bad person who it is okay to kill so they don't end up a loose end that needs tying.

Edit: While looking for my guy's sheet I ran into that proposition for a guy with a bloodline granting winged flight.

This video might interest you on that.. Talks a bit about bird anatomy, talks about a theoretical methods of winged flight for humans, and so on.

Apparently, a bird's hollow bones are actually heavier and more durable than the solid bones of a comparably sized animal, because they have a denser mineral composition.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-12-15 at 07:56 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Titan in the Playground

I wasn't talking about you specifically with those sorts of powers. Its more of a general rule. while it hasn't happened, theoretically anyone could come in and make one. So I guess silly me for thinking that that roleplay will ever grow beyond three people because that certainly won't happen.

But okay, I get ya with that, I'm still up for that plot so I guess I'm okay with that one-shot hax power.

I'm currently working on my Konoha Genin for Chuunin. I'm almost done, I just have to figure out a few intricate details about the Uzumakis for their backstories so that it makes sense, very precise, specific stuff. as much I wanted it, they're aren't going to be actual twins after all, but cousins simply because that is what makes most sense, given how I reasoned out how jinchuuriki status inheritance works.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Titan in the Playground

My idea, for Iwakagure was mostly about them, being tradional mountian people and very religouse and spiritual- and resentful toward the ninjas who drove them into the mountains, and hating mostly the Sand Ninjas.

Plotwise, I had an idea, that they have certain number(?5) of masks which grant you connection to specific gods, and some shengians could be done there.

As for Hashirama cells...
    for me it's a meme. I try to deny it's influences on the series in my headcannon if to be honest. But I try to open minded.

Ameoku meeting Jirou in his own household? For me, it feel climax-ish kind of meeting of the Ottokage election storyline, like each meeting factions and try to reconnect, and then they have semi-debate thing.

Also, if no one else would join... do each of you want to make his/her own Sound's Thunder?
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2020-12-16 at 04:46 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

I mean....why they don't make sense is kind of why they ARE a meme, Igor. me and Rater are just the two people nerdy enough to to actually care about making some sense of them rather letting them be a stupid meme. canonically speaking, Hashirama Cells make absolutely no sense, come a bit out of nowhere and seemed to just be a plot device cross between a metaphor for villains looking at the guy who made a great positive change and missing his point entirely to focus on the power he wielded. much like how Madara and Obito kind of missed the point of the Sage of the Six Paths teachings to focus on the power the Sage wielded. personally if I were to do anything with Hashirama cells I'd make them as horrifying, creepy and messed up as possible to emphasize the utter wrongness.

Iwagakure....I'll get back to you on that, I have a dental appointment in 20 minutes. as for the masks sure, if the Uzumaki can connect to the death god, why not other ones?

so Kaguya first then? got it. though I think I'll be redoing them a bit as I do so my worldbuilding muscles for Naruto stuff have developed since I first started and I haven't focused on them much.

my own sound's thunder would be based on Lang Wu Yao from Thunderbolt Fantasy. because he is freaking cool: basically he plays the guitar and is a great fighter and has honed his hearing really well to fight while his eyes are closed and his voice to incredible heights that he doesn't speak most of the time because his voice is so powerful. so someone similar to that.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Titan in the Playground

dental
    I surely don't need to do that soon.
    ouch*
    I am adult person, I know when I need to go.
    ouch*

--------------

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...WdwGw&usqp=CAU
    That exactly why they are a meme.
    Also, I don't think genetics are this easy even with our world's sience. But yeah, it COULD be done right.
    And part of our deal's is to rebuild the world in more worldbuild-geek statifying way.
    Life are crazy right now, but I hope to get back to lore shengians soon.

---------------

About Sound's Thunder, sound like a great idea.

BTW BTW

My major inspiration of how I desgin Ottokagure stuff this team

is my main inspiration

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #854
    Titan in the Playground

1. Yeah, that is the main problem with Hashirama Cells: they're basically used as an easy medical treatment for things. because in shonen anime/superhero stuff in general regeneration is treated as god tier power that solves all health problems forever. Which technically isn't true. realistically speaking, say your born with bad eyesight and regeneration: the regeneration doesn't know that your eyesight is bad, it just knows what your genes tell it what your body plan is so it can rapidly divide its cells to repair the damage, and your body plan includes bad eyesight. you'd have to have another mechanism to tell it that your eyesight is bad so that it changes the body plan to rebuild it differently, see?

and thats not even getting into the potential cancer problems. or the higher amounts of energy expended to make sure your body is repaired faster....things like that. honestly my take on Hashirama Cells would be more like "oh god these scientists have turned these injured people into half-tree monstrosities that desire higher amounts of energy so they can keep growing and regenerating and so drain it from anyone they feel like through their root-fingers, what has science doooooone!?" either that or a ticket to becoming a zetsu or something much like it. hm....now that I think about it, are we sure that a Zetsu didn't do something to Hashirama to give him his abilities when no one was looking? Black Zetsu did say he manipulated everything....and Hashirama getting infected by some benevolent strain of Zetsu would better explain his weirdness than tailed beast/human hybrid. really they should probably really be Zetsu Cells, since Zetsu is practically MADE of wood release and has a closer connection to the god tree.

2. ah yes those three. the fates were not kind to them. they were only kids and Dosu got crushed by Gaara, while the two others were sacrificed to become kage-zombies. sure they were jerks but they really didn't deserve the ends they got, which just makes it all the sadder that it happened.

15. - Top - End - #855

The problem with them being Zetsu cells is that the Zetsus were summoned out of the statue via that tree that Madara grew when trying to clone Hashirama and the Zetsus were given Hashirama cells as a result.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Titan in the Playground

The problem with them being Zetsu cells is that the Zetsus were summoned out of the statue via that tree that Madara grew when trying to clone Hashirama and the Zetsus were given Hashirama cells as a result.
    But but.....

Narutoverse why you continually try to make least sense as possible!? Where did the Wood Release come from!? WAIR???

whatever, here is my Thunder:

Samayō Majutsu, The Song that Destroys Evil
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 6ft
    Weight: 170 pounds
    Species: Human
    Station: One of the Three Thunders

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Samayo has long red flowing hair and red eyes, he wears long flowing robes and the Sound headband is somewhere on him that is fashionable. He looks overall, like a cool shonen hero in flowing grab and Ryoga looks normally like a red electric guitar with flames design on it but can transform into a red katana with flames for its crossguard.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He is often quiet and seemingly stoic, not wanting to use his voice too much as it can be destructive. His keen intuition for people makes him believe he is justified in killing people before they do anything bad without any evidence, but if others he feels are good protest against it he will relent and give them a chance, if only to tell his ally he told them so. Other than that is a pretty chill and cool guy.

Ryoga is often talkative, brutally honest, doing Samayo's talking for him. He is oddly cowardly at times though.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Samayo Majutsu embodies the dreams of Otogakure. He is its rockstar, its beacon of righteousness, hope and justice. From no clan, he arose as a prodigy of song and ninjutsu. He saw much evil in the world, in ways that were obvious to him and his intuition and does much to fight against it, killing bandits, missing nin, the powerful and the corrupt whom he feels deserve it. He was the youngest of the Three Thunders and fought the last battle in Third War at age 16.

His often away from the village, for he enacts justice without regard for the law. Legends say his intuition alone tells him whether someone is worth saving or is a villain through and though, and there are stories of those who disregard his warnings suffering because of it, with villains let go causing things that could've been prevented. Orderly society however cannot accept questionable justice with no evidence and so his acts are not considered valid. He is a folk hero in that sense.

One day he came to the village with his sword guitar suddenly sapient and calling itself Ryoga, while he was oddly silent. It only made him more mysterious and seemingly legendary, while Ryoga became his comic relief companion. His goals in life are justice, peace and playing awesome music.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: A-Rank
    Ninjutsu: A-Rank
    Genjutsu: A-Rank

Academy three jutsu, wall walking, water walking.

Detecting Evil Intuition:
    Samayo's intuition about people is seemingly never wrong and he can get the feel that someone is evil or wrong about them in a short amount of time. He has no proof, but it doesn't stop him from thinking it justified to kill those his intuition says are evil before they cause something bad to happen.

Expert Hearing:
    While not as great as any clan's hearing of his village, Samayo can still hear things better than most and can even fight with his eyes closed using his ears alone.

Wind and Lightning Releases:
    As a Jonin, he has access to various lightning and wind techniques mostly used through his instrument or his voice, but his bread and butter is air slashes fired from strumming his electric guitar.

Ryoga the Sword-Guitar:
    His electric guitar can transform into a katana to fight with and back to guitar when he is done. The sword-guitar talks somehow, calls itself Ryoga and provides the comic relief, doing most of the talking for him. It is not known how he made Ryoga this way, but Ryoga does feed on some chakra to live, since he is sapient he does so at reasonable rates.

Voice Jutsu: A-Rank
    Samayo's voice is the most powerful in all the village and is capable of great feats beyond all or at least most. He can counter other ninjutsu attacks with the sheer power of his chakra-enhanced voice, sing his ninjutsu attacks at others, weave genjutsu into his songs, and it said that if he ever uses the Last Shout it would be the most powerful one to ever be done. The incredible power of his voice is so great he rarely speaks, not wanting to destroy others with its power.

Raimei Genjutsu: A-Rank
    Makes one believe and see they are in an ancient wuxia setting of wandering martial artists, complete with appropriate theme music and drama, making them vulnerable to attacks from how things really work

Shadow of Eagles Across the Moon Genjutsu: A-Rank
    A genjutsu that instead empowers people when it is sung, providing increased defense against harmful genjutsu, as well as enhanced taijutsu. He can even use it to share chakra with others through it to empower their attacks.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anything you can't fit to the brackets above, such as equipment or property your character owns.

and I'll be fine to make another one if Rater doesn't want to make one.

17. - Top - End - #857

Wood Release came from Kaguya. It's a watered-down version of her ability to control the Shinju.

I've previously drawn parallels between Wood Release, the Ten-Tails, and Jugo's bloodline to explain why I have Juugo's clan being an offshoot for the Senju for the purposes of this roleplay.

Wood Release: Conjure and control wood, absorb chakra, possibly healing factor, possibly sage mode, control the tailed beasts.

Sage Transformation: Sage Mode, shapeshift body, absorb and repurpose biomass from other organisms, absorb chakra and natural energy, healing factor.

Ten-Tails: Progenitor of the Tailed Beasts, shapeshift body, absorbs and repurposes other organisms, absorb chakra and natural energy, has Sage Mode, is a tree.

Bonus points-the transformation one undergoes by becoming the Ten-Tails host is called senninka, written 仙人化, which is also what Jugo's transformations and Sage Mode are called and written with the same characters.

I'll try to keep it under the game's power threshold, but I've got some fun ideas for if Senko can give herself wood release, especially if she gets Hashirama cells specifically, for this reason.

Re: Zetsu: Black Zertus is essentially a piece of Kaguya made manifest, her will, meant to initially manipulate things to restore her to her proper existence and then to serve as somekind of symbiote meant to help her interact and function.

The White Zetsus, however, are people who were drained fo chakra, trapped in infinity Tsukiyomi, and then were repurposed into extensions of the Shinju: Black Zetsu's and "Tobi" seems to have a degree of individuality and autonomy, but the rest of just lumps of plant-putty in humanoid shapes and it's been confirmed that they have a hive mind tied to a system of roots and spores.

But they were still in the tree when it Kaguya was sealed and the fusion of her body and the tree was turned into that statue, so they were in the statue.

Madara used a piece of Hashirama's flesh to grow a tree to serve is life support... Off the statue. Which allowed the Zetsu's to escape by passing trogh the cloned Hashirama, and from that they absorbed his cells and chakra.

Presumably, what had happened is they would have had wood release by default but passing through the tee made them stronger than if otherwise.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

.....yeah I'm just gonna pass on commenting on that and instead focus on clans without kekkei genkai like Sarutobi and Hatake, kekkei genkai are cool and all but I got to figure out what makes a clan specialized in a certain normal elemental release so special among everything else. like they've got to have things about their element they've figured out that no one else did right? or their entire purpose as a clan would be completely redundant. the trouble is figuring out what makes them noteworthy, clans like these are barely explored after all.

Also since Rater hasn't immediately replied in the affirmative I'm assuming that he isn't interested in the Thunders. therefore my suggestion, Igor: we have an anti-hero jonin commander, a heroic musician folk hero, I say lets round this out with....lets a schemer with a mysterious agenda or something. y'know, the kind that no one trusts fully because they're always up to something and thus wouldn't be a good candidate for Otokage.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-12-17 at 01:06 AM.

19. - Top - End - #859

I didn't reply becuase I don't have an idea yet.

Please don't assume that a lack of response is a lack of interest.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Titan in the Playground

I didn't reply becuase I don't have an idea yet.

Please don't assume that a lack of response is a lack of interest.
    Unfortunately, thats ALL I can assume on this forum. no response IS no interest, as practically speaking they're indistinguishable. even saying "give me time to come up with an idea" would be acceptable form of expressing interest. you just did so, so I'll wait.

21. - Top - End - #861

So, though on the Third Thunder, and based partly on your idea for the mysterious schemer.

Their name is 神秘 Shinpi, literally "mystery." Not even as a proper name.

They're a bit like Suigetsu or Shino in that they don't actually have a kekkei genkai, but their families have been using a certain class of "hidden" techniques for so long that they might as well have one.

In this case, the family has selectively bred itself so every member of the family has either a yin affinity or a yang affinity and drilled themselves extensively so that every child can do both from a young age becuase their hidden techniques are about using yang release to alter their bodies and yin release to pick up on information needed to complete their disguises.

After many generations of this, members of the clan are born masters of disguise who can, by their mid-teens, near perfectly impersonate anyone they spend the appropriate amount of time around. Down to iris and fingerprints if need be.

And then, a few generations ago, the whole family up and vanished.

Now here comes someone who has what seems to be their bloodline, claiming to be a member of the clan, who won't give their real name.

No one knows who they are, becuase when they aren't in disguise they dress to conceal their features. Their voice constantly changes. they have described as both male and female, so no one quite knows which if either they are.

No one knows how old they are.

All anyone knows is that they gave "self-interest" as their reason for throwing their lot in with the Sound Village and that they're probably up to something.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Titan in the Playground

Cool. sounds like a good concept.

Me I've completed what I'd consider the twelve Konoha Genin characters I'm going with. given that doing so takes up about 26 pages, I'm probably going to have to submit them in parts (the problem with is is that most of them aren't in a team yet, I've organized some into one but thats only because its a team that I've an idea for since the beginning). and thats not counting the Jonin characters I have in mind. none of them are going to be important until Chuunin Exams though, so there is no rush.

I've also looked up the canon numbers of the first Chuunin Exam: 153 participants, which I'm going to be using as the number of total genin competing in this one. counting all the named characters I know of that are going to be participating, there are going to be at least 30 named Genin most of them played by me, some of them played by Rater, and if we add in Benjiro and Byakugan-Sharingan Eye hybrid boy (sorry, forgot the name) also from Rater, that rises to 32 which would need to be rounded out by a third Konoha member because teams of three. so in theory, 33 named Genin unless Igor has their own characters he wants to put in that are more than one.

which still leaves a lot of room for generic no-name genin to be there-120 participants worth! we could have elimination rounds to cut the participants numbers in half twice and still have all the named characters left over, and even a single generic team left. a part of me is thinking up named genin to be from Tanigakure and Kusagakure, and maybe even Yugakure in my wildest dreams but honestly this is probably enough and I should probably quit while I'm ahead. its going to be busy and crazy enough as it is, and some can probably wait for laterer.

so yeah there is going to be a lot to think about.

23. - Top - End - #863

Since the Chunin exams seem to require there to be less than 20 finalists, I imagine the easiest thing to do would be to bring it down to just the named characters after the second round and then have a prelim to introduce them and show them off, just like in canon.

Things I considered: When it looked like we were getting a fourth player, I initially made Ichika as a seat filler--basically, to occasionally tag along on missions and act as support, specifically thinking that with a seat filler we could have all of the Players have at least 1 character in the Chunin exams.

Team 3, even if they weren't the PCs, is the obvious team to send to the Exams... But are also the obvious team to sabotage, considering that Sound getting the prestige of a good showing in the Leaf could threaten power monopolies and the like. Plus, four members.

Instead of picking three of the four to send, temporarily reassign Senko to another team considering of Ichika and one other older Genin(possibly Tomoe if I can pull off her joining the Sound after this) with the other genins' jobs being to, essentially, make sure at least one of the four girls makes it to the third round, help with training, and help avoid sabotage.

And, in Ichika's case, handle emergency medical care if possible.

As for Benjiro and Fudo... When I was working on a "counterpart for Senko," my other idea was just a random kid from a clan with no claim to fame who just happened to luck into having the right combination of talents to be a good matchup for the Toads, so he's got the Toad contract and is being groomed to train with the Toad Sages when he's old enough to handle it.

Could work as a third person, assuming that either Benjirou was rushed ahead for his skill or that they're part of a "rebuilding team" after their original teammates ere killed or promoted.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Titan in the Playground

I already have an idea for a toad summoner underdog kid in this Konoha 12 who is basically that concept, but he is supposed to be a major jerk and his sensei not much better, so....depends on what we want to work out there? like think evil naruto and evil jiraiya. I'm okay with anything, I just want to know how much you want to play this concept, because I got like a bunch of other ones I want to play? so I'm perfectly fine with stepping off and letting you play that if you really want to, because its one less character I'd have to play and personally I don't think its my best, I'm willing to give the general concept to you if your more interesting in making something more from it. so what do you want to do?

25. - Top - End - #865

Your's is already fleshed out better than mine is, so you can have it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Titan in the Playground

Your's is already fleshed out better than mine is, so you can have it.
    .....Are you sure? because Takano Honomi, with all due warning, is a hot-headed jerk, being taught by a sexist evil Jiraiya who is going to do things like try to teach him all the wrong manipulative ways to get girls and such. the closest thing to romance he will experience is being in a toxic sort-of relationship with a popular girl yamanaka who is just stringing him along so he will do things for her. he is evil naruto without character development seeking any artificial upgrade to earn respect and wants revenge on sound for making him an orphan. he and his sensei are people who are designed to be evil, jerks and suck. are you okay with this?

27. - Top - End - #867

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    .....Are you sure? because Takano Honomi, with all due warning, is a hot-headed jerk, being taught by a sexist evil Jiraiya who is going to do things like try to teach him all the wrong manipulative ways to get girls and such. the closest thing to romance he will experience is being in a toxic sort-of relationship with a popular girl yamanaka who is just stringing him along so he will do things for her. he is evil naruto without character development seeking any artificial upgrade to earn respect and wants revenge on sound for making him an orphan. he and his sensei are people who are designed to be evil, jerks and suck. are you okay with this?
    That depends, are you okay with Senko going out of her way to humiliate him if they end up fighting during the exams?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Titan in the Playground

That depends, are you okay with Senko going out of her way to humiliate him if they end up fighting during the exams?
    Yes. I'm all in on that. Guy is designed to be hated and dunked on.

but enough prancing around it, I might as well submit him along with two others, not as a team though, just to submit them to make sure they are on record.

Sakai Hatake
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 4ft
    Weight: 150 pounds
    Station: Genin Prodigy

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He has white spiky hair pointing backwards and single lightning shape bang at the front, black eyes, an eternal smirk of confidence on his face, and he wears all blue clothes with belt and bandolier of ninja equipemnt

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sakai Hatake is confident, cool and arrogant, concerned with showing off his prowess and earning fame and fortune so that he may be known as a great ninja throughout the land. His goal is to become Hokage so he can enjoy the prestige of achieving it, but being a great legendary ninja would be just fine in his book, and its not as if anyone else of his generation could ever achieve such greatness. To that end he loyally serves his village with utmost excellence and style to show his dedication to its success.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sakai Hatake has it all. He was born a genius prodigy into Clan Hatake, learning lightning release early and quickly standing out as getting some of the highest grades in all areas across the board as well as his coolness factor made him a popular kid in the academy, giving him a devoted fan girl club and the envy of all his peers. He seemingly defies the Hatake curse of tragedy and succeeds despite the clans propensity for melancholy. All the praise and expectations gave him a big ego and he wishes to prove he can do anything.

However the academy drew to a close he realized that the fame of the academy won't last forever. He would just be another genin in the forces, nothing special. He couldn't have that. He needed to keep this train success cart rolling. He has a good thing going here! Why stop? So he figures he has to serve his village the best he can, become the most legendary ninja of Konoha to keep his popularity, to keep his fanclub of girls, and soon to get paid more. Excellence is the way to happiness, wealth and fame for him. So why not go all the way to the top, become Hokage? Anyone smart knows the position is just sitting at a desk stamping papers. A fitting reward after enough time in the field.

So he figures he is going to do all he can to become a legendary ninja as much as he can as fast as possible so that he can be considered for the Hokage position where then he can just kick back and relax, as a famous legend who probably has a lot of fans signing some boring papers after pulling off some awesome things in his life and bask in the glory for the rest of his life. He certainly can't think of any better end game. To that he starts by making sure he will win the Chuunin Exams. What better way to begin the Legend of Sakai Hatake?

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: C-Rank
    Ninjutsu: C-Rank
    Genjutsu Defense: C-Rank

Academy Three Jutsu, Tree Walking, Water Walking, Body Flicker Technique

Unshakable Coolness:
    Sakai is so cool that he is popular and has fan girls wherever he goes, doing things stylishly so he can maintain his reputation. People hang on his words and he is unflappable.

Lightning Speed: C-Rank
    Increases his speed with lightning release, adding on to his Taijutsu so that moves at B-Rank speeds

Proactive Speed Defense: C-Rank
    As long as Sakai is actively running he can outspeed attacks aimed at him that don't equal his total speed rank or higher.

Lightning Kunai: C-Rank
    Fills a held kunai with lightning to cut through through things great power

Lightning Blade Beam: C-Rank
    Extends the lightning from a held kunai into a blade beam for increased cutting range, cut through a lot of things

Lightning Senbon: C-Rank
    Sakai throws lightning charged senbon at someone in a fan or cone

Blinding Flash Jutsu: C-Rank
    Sakai uses lightning release to blind the blind those in front of him to make them vulnerable

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anything you can't fit to the brackets above, such as equipment or property your character owns.

Sakiyama Yamanaka
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 4 feet
    Weight: 130 pounds
    Station: Genin

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has blonde hair done up in two buns with tails hanging from each on the side and bangs framing her blue eyes, wearing purple long sleeved shirt and blue pants.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sakiyama is manipulative, being trained to be so because of her clan's focus on interrogation and infiltration. She has keen insight into other peoples psychology as part of her clans training and thus uses it to benefit herself because she feels as if her time of freedom is limited and that someday her glory days will be behind her. She cynically regards men as lustful pigs and uses their desires against them.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sakiyama was popular in school for her looks. The attention only served to remind her of her eventual fate. She is of course to become a clan leader and thus eventually become the wife of some stupid shinobi warrior who thinks she needs rescuing and she would no longer be allowed to do anything fun or exciting, caring for kids she wouldn't care about. Thus thinking it inevitable she decided to revel in the power she had now.

She became the academy's most popular girl, manipulating the boys around her to her ends so that they may do things for her. It allowed her to enjoy the time she had and ignore her eventual loss of her freedom. Let them think she is the delicate princess, let them be fooled by her facade, any manipulation that gets her what she wants is the manipulation she will do. Takano got roped into this particularly well and the relationship and she regards him as a tool to use, knowing that if she didn't keep puppeteered on his strings he just annoy her relentlessly and not respect her space or as a person at all. She knew Takano's type and he wasn't the first that looked at her as just an object to fawn over her. It was only fair to her that she used them as tools back to her advantage.

Of course when she became a Genin that all ended, but Takano continued being just as crushing on her and manipulable as ever. Now she seeks different ways to enjoy her time before the inevitable crush claw of duty and family matters closes in on her. The thought of escaping entirely occurs to her from time to time, but how? Wouldn't that just be becoming missing-nin? Could she really give up this life of relative safety and protection in numbers where she could manipulate others to make things better for herself, to live hunted in the wilderness? She knows herself, and she doesn't think she'd survive. Civilization sucks but at least it isn't fighting to survive all day, what kind of life is that?

At least Shioko understands her problem to some degree even if she is a bit obsessed with being orderly and the two bonded over their respective positions in life.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Genjutsu: C-Rank

The Academy Three Basic Techniques, wall walking water walking

Nonlethal Takedown Techniques: C-Rank
    Specializes in taijutsu to incapacitate other people, as well ropes and chains to tie them up.

Control Chain Jutsu: C-Rank
    Controls a nearby chain or rope with Chakra to spring upon someone and wrap around their legs to make them immobile.

Sensing Technique: C-Rank
    Allows one to detect chakra in a certain radius like radar.

Yin Release, Mind-Body Switch Technique: C-Rank
    The user converts their consciousness to spiritual energy, which they send at a target. Their consciousness moves slowly towards the target and travels in a straight line. If the user misses their target, it will take several minutes for their consciousness to find its way back to their own body. To prevent this from happening, the Mind Body Switch should only be used against targets that are stationary or that are restrained. When their consciousness does successfully make it to the target, the user supplants the target's mind and takes total control of their body.

Users can also perform their own jutsu while possessing another, notably their sensory skills. While a user is possessing a target, their own body is left inert. This isn't necessarily an issue in one-on-one encounters, but when facing multiple opponents this leaves their body vulnerable to attack. Furthermore, any damage the possessed body receives is done to their original body as well.

Mind-Body Disturbance Jutsu: C-Rank
    The user decides to use brute psychic force to try and break the users mind, inflicting mental/psychic damage upon them.

Mind Connection Jutsu: C-rank
    Connects their mind to an ally to communicate with them mentally.

Sleeping Hypnosis Genjutsu: C-Rank
    Uses a visual genjutsu to hypnotize someone into falling into falling asleep

Invisibility Jutsu: C-Rank
    Is either a genjutsu or Yin release jutsu to make herself invisible so she can get into the right position to perform mind-body switch as an ambush.

Sexy Genjutsu: C-Rank
    Shows visions of people the victim finds sexy in the nude to catch them off guard and vulnerable.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Wields a fighting chain to fight and restrain people with.
    Throws nets as well.

Takano Honomi
    Spoiler
    Show

Weight: 140 pounds
    Station: Genin, Frog Summoner

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black spiky hair, brown eyes, red and black jacket, and black pants

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Takano is kind of a masculinity-focused shallow jerk. He wants to be special because he feels normal and nothing compared to the clan geniuses around him. He is impulsive, hot-headed and rude to people, and he only sees his crush Sakiyama as a pretty face and is easily manipulated by her. His goal in life is to become strong so people can respect him for once, willing to do anything to get it. Though he also wants revenge on sound village for killing his parents.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

In the academy, he wasn't anything special. Average grades and abilities all around, not much going for him and surrounded by kids who were much better at being ninja than him. His parents dead from the war apparently from Sound ninja killing them or so he was told, but otherwise he was just...normal. He however knew in his heart that only the truly exceptional students truly become shinobi. Hatred of the shinobi around him grew in his heart and wished to become special as well, and win over his crush Sakiyama Yamanaka. So he volunteered for an experimental procedure, determined to become a great ninja. His body was modified to use an artificial chakra cloak, he thought that would impress his classmates and make them respect him.

He showed off his new ability only for everyone to look at him like a weirdo. The clan geniuses all snorted and said that of course someone like him would have to cheat to be as great as them, dismissing him and going about their day. This dismissal angered him and within his hatred grew of any he sees as above him. So he concealed his hatred and resolved to earn the respect- or at least get his revenge. So he decided to seek out a strong Jonin of Konoha to badger them into training him, annoying the Toad Sage so much so repeatedly that he decided to reward him for his “persistence” by allowing him to sign the toad contract and take him on a student to try and set him straight.

Takano however has more impulsive, hot-headed thoughts in mind and if those don't work out, more dish best served cold ideas down the road.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Toad Summoning: C-Rank

Academy three jutsu

Artificial Chakra Cloak Seal: C-Rank
    A seal placed on Takano that allows him to make a purple chakra cloak over himself taking the rough form of an oni, enhancing his abilities to fight at least Taijutsu-wise at B-rank. In addition the cloak can extend its limbs to attack at range and other tricks.

Poisonous Chakra Strike: C-Rank
    The chakra cloak can inject poisonous chakra into one's system as he strikes.

Summoning: Toad Scout, C-Rank
    Summons a small frog to scout things out for him and retrieve small things.

Summoning: Toad Warrior, C-rank
    Summons a large dog-sized frog to fight with him with C-Rank Taijutsu and Water Ninjutsu.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-11-19 at 06:44 PM.

29. - Top - End - #869

The chakra cloak intrigues me.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Titan in the Playground

all I can say on it, is that its not senjutsu or tailed beast chakra. its something new. so there is something interesting to him, even if its not him as a person itself.

but now for more brainy/less jerkish people:

Asanagi Shimura
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 4ft
    Weight: 140pds
    Station: Genin Daughter of the Fourth Hokage

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Asanagi has long smooth black hair and dark eyes, she wears a black uniform with dark blue straps and belt full of gear on it to show she is serious about being a ninja.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Asanagi Shimura has been taught to be a strong, disciplined shinobi, as well as a sneaky, deceitful cunning and manipulative one, and that everyone are tools to make sure Konoha is prosperous and successful. She has been conditioned to see killing people as normal and doesn't even blink when she does it anymore. Asanagi is distrustful of any foreign shinobi as potential enemies out to take down Konoha. She secretly desires friends is a strong independent shinobi who doesn't need anyone else to become the next Hokage. She feels as if she is missing something but can't remember what.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Asanagi Shimura along with her twin sister, daughters of the Fourth Hokage was taught since they were young that the shinobi world was full of lies, manipulation and underhandedness. That it was no place for spoiled brats no matter how noble, and that manipulation of their lessers for their own gain was not just their right, but the goal, perhaps even the point. Power is all that matters in this world after all. Then one day they-
    [MEMORY REDACTED. REVISING...]
    Asanagi Shimura was born a lone child. She always felt something was missing from her life but she can't recall what. She has been taught since she was young that the shinobi world was full of lies, manipulation and underhandedness. That it was no place for spoiled brats no matter how noble, and that manipulation of their lessers for her own gain was not just her right, but the goal, perhaps even the point. Furthermore she was taught that killing was shinobi were made for and was ordered to kill rats, then cats then dogs, making her get used to the idea before she was sent to kill bandits at an early age before she even got out of the academy by slitting their throats and stabbing them, over and over again, so as to make sure the taking of life was normal to her. Then one day she-
    Asanagi Shimura was born a lone child. She always felt something was missing from her life but she can't recall what. She has been taught since she was young that the shinobi world was full of lies, manipulation and underhandedness. That it was no place for spoiled brats no matter how noble, and that manipulation of their lessers for her own gain was not just her right, but the goal, perhaps even the point. Furthermore she was taught that killing was shinobi were made for and was ordered to kill rats, then cats then dogs, making her get used to the idea before she was sent to kill bandits at an early age before she even got out of the academy by slitting their throats and stabbing them, over and over again, so as to make sure the taking of life was normal to her. One she came across a missing nin skilled in medical jutsu who was taking their way their weapons and healing them, claiming to try and redeem them. But it was a trap and he was actually a saboteur from another nation trying to build up a secret army from inside Fire's borders and after a tough fight she killed him to protect Konoha from his plans, a valuable lesson that one should never trust anybody.
    Of course she also attended the academy while this happened, despite being the daughter of the current Hokage, she saw little of her father. She was raised by the rest of her clan and taught the Hokage should never be disturbed form his duties, and as his daughter she needed to be responsible and uphold the Hokage's image. She of course didn't care and went to-
    Asanagi Shimura was born a lone child. She always felt something was missing from her life but she can't recall what. She has been taught since she was young that the shinobi world was full of lies, manipulation and underhandedness. That it was no place for spoiled brats no matter how noble, and that manipulation of their lessers for her own gain was not just her right, but the goal, perhaps even the point. Furthermore she was taught that killing was shinobi were made for and was ordered to kill rats, then cats then dogs, making her get used to the idea before she was sent to kill bandits at an early age before she even got out of the academy by slitting their throats and stabbing them, over and over again, so as to make sure the taking of life was normal to her. One she came across a missing nin skilled in medical jutsu who was taking their way their weapons and healing them, claiming to try and redeem them. But it was a trap and he was actually a saboteur from another nation trying to build up a secret army from inside Fire's borders and after a tough fight she killed him to protect Konoha from his plans, a valuable lesson that one should never trust anybody.
    Of course she also attended the academy while this happened, despite being the daughter of the current Hokage, she saw little of her father. She was raised by the rest of her clan and taught the Hokage should never be disturbed from his duties, and as his daughter she needed to be responsible and uphold the Hokage's image. As a dutiful obedient daughter she understood completely, figuring it was for the greater good of the village, she would simply have to make a sacrifice like any other shinobi. She instead contented herself with making friends with others which she was taught meant gathering followers to obey her. However none of the other students liked her very much, calling her creepy and unsettling for some reason they can't explain, and try as she liked she couldn't get a single one. So she went home to her clan and-
    Of course she also attended the academy while this happened, despite being the daughter of the current Hokage, she saw little of her father. She was raised by the rest of her clan and taught the Hokage should never be disturbed from his duties, and as his daughter she needed to be responsible and uphold the Hokage's image. As a dutiful obedient daughter she understood completely, figuring it was for the greater good of the village, she would simply have to make a sacrifice like any other shinobi. She instead contented herself with making friends with others which she was taught meant gathering followers to obey her. However none of the other students liked her very much, calling her creepy and unsettling for some reason they can't explain, so she decided she did not need friends and decided to dedicate herself fully to becoming the next Hokage so as to serve her village to the best of her abilities, not caring what Genin team she was put on.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

academy three jutsu, wall walking, water walking

Silent Killing Technique:
    Asanagi can move and kill silently

Artificial Chakra Cloak Seal: C-Rank
    A seal placed on Asanagi that allows her to make a ghostly blue chakra cloak over herself taking the rough form of an phantom girl, enhancing her abilities to fight at least Taijutsu-wise at B-rank. In addition the cloak can extend its limbs to attack at range and other tricks. She doesn't know she has this.

Yin Release:
    Shimura Clan's Hiden Jutsu, Phantom Shadow Blade: C-Rank
    Asanagi can create a Yin sword of shadows to fight with, its properties are different than real ones:
    -Its completely silent when it swings
    -It only hits things that is capable of thought or using chakra, passing through normal objects as if they aren't there, useful for going through armor, but can't parry non-chakra based things...but it does allow her to parry things like fireballs on the other hand.
    -Can be used to inflict genjutsu on someone through its cuts.
    -Can be easily reshaped at will by the users thoughts and empowered by their emotions

Yin Release, Shadow Seed: Entanglement, C-Rank
    The user places or throws a shadow seed with their hand as either a trap or secretly on someone that will slowly drain chakra from them to activate later and entangle them in various shadowy tendrils powered by the chakra drained.

Phantom Shuriken: C-Rank
    Can make thrown weaponry such as shuriken or kunai a bit phantasmal, passing through normal objects and only hitting beings capable of thought, while also capable of controlling their direction.

Yin Release, Shadow Seed: Energy Vacuum, C-Rank
    Asanagi throws or places a shadow seed and in a strange reverse explosion, the shadow seed suddenly absorbs all the light heat and energy within a spherical radius and condensed into a spherical black stone, turning everything around it lifeless and cold harming anyone who gets energy sucked out of them. The black stone can be reused to cause an explosion by breaking it later.

Genjutsu:
    Invisibility Genjutsu: C-Rank
    Turns Asanagi invisible to stealth better.

Shimura Hiden Genjutsu, Incite Emotion: B-Rank
    The Shimura know that emotions are a weakness. Therefore they have a variety of genjutsu to exploit emotions to their advantage, utilizing the full spectrum of them to make their foes make foolish mistakes.

Memory Suppression Jutsu: C-Rank
    The user temporarily suppresses someone's memory of a few moments or minutes. In civilians this jutsu sticks longer and basically makes sure they forget it on their own in time. Ninjas can shake it off in time to remember, but is still enough to suppress memories of the current situation to make them temporarily confused about what they're doing to make them vulnerable to attack.

Only an Illusion: C-Rank
    She knows enough genjutsu to fool people into thinking she was there only to reveal that wasn't all along.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Koishi Kyodai
    Spoiler
    Show

Weight: 150 pds

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He has black spiky hair, green eyes, wears a camouflage jumpsuit and his headband on his arm.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Koishi wants to be a heroic ninja who saves people. He works hard, but also believes in working smarter not harder and is willing to invent new tools to solve his problems. He has a certain hero worship for Zenin, constantly studies his foes and tries to prepare for them. He is idealistic, but can be more underhanded and tricky than he seems.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Koichi is the son of an engineer in Konohagakure. Despite his intelligence and knack for technology, he desired to become a ninja to help others and become a hero and thus enrolled in the academy. He soon quickly discovered that no matter how hard he tried, he had no talent for ninjutsu or genjutsu. The teachers of course explained that its because they both require molding chakra to do so, and some people just aren't good at that part. Koichi was was excellent in his book knowledge and taijutsu however, proving adept in those fields. Koichi however knew that he wouldn't be able to become a ninja on taijutsu alone- the academy test explicitly requires you to learn the academy three jutsu. No exceptions.

However, his mother had often said two phrases to him whenever he come home from work: “work smarter not harder” and “anything a human can't do, we make a tool to do for us- thats why humans are great!” and encouraged him to find solutions to work around his problems. So he studied deeply into how chakra molding worked and how the basic academy three jutsu worked. The problem wasn't that he didn't have chakra, it was that he couldn't harness the chakra he had so had to make a way to harness it. So he got materials, parts of old medical computers that the hospitals were getting rid anyways, chakra steel which his father bought for him, which he made into wires, then made into this wrist-watch device which he programmed to do the academy three for him, with the cost of using a needle to siphon his chakra from every time he wanted to do a jutsu.

The clone and replacement jutsus were easy enough to replicate as he has his own information easily available. However its the disguise jutsu that proved most troublesome. See, the device can't read his mind. A real disguise jutsu can work the way it does because the user visualizes the person they want to transform into it, and he can't do that. He has to gather dna and enter the information ahead of time for it to work, but how to do that without alerting people to his faking? What if they asked him to turn into someone he didn't have? That was the ultimate problem he faced. However, it was still some time before the Genin exams happened. There were....opportunities. So he sneaked in after school and found the planned itinerary for the Genin Exams: turn into the classroom teacher. Then the next day during kunai practice, Koichi faked an accident to cause his classroom teacher to intervene and get cut so he could swipe some of his blood and get it entered into the database.

So when the Genin Exams finally came, he managed to fake his way through them successfully, using his super-speed from years of taijutsu training to press the right buttons on his device then form hand signs to make it look like they're doing a jutsu while smoke surrounds them. The teachers were none the wiser, but his mother when he got home knew better- and was happy that he found a solution, proclaiming “when we can't breathe underwater, its only right to use diving gear, son.”

And his Jounin sensei, Kamoshirenai Zenin wasn't fooled either saying that he observed how he did it- but that he wasn't going to reveal his secret. Instead he saw Koichi as the hero that the shinobi nations needed, a determined person that with training could do the impossible with his philosophy and inventions. Thus he went about training Koichi in wall and water walking, and increasing his taijutsu to even greater levels, even teaching him how to open the Eight Gates, to his surprise he was quickly able to learn open to up to the fifth gate.

Given a chance, Koichi now works to become a hero and invent more things to work around his inability to mold chakra believing that what he can't do with hard work, he'll do with his technology.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: B-Rank

Wall walking, water walking

“Work Smarter, Not Harder”:
    Koichi knows her cannot make up the difference between him and those who can use ninjutsu and genjutsu with taijutsu alone, and thus has various weapons, tools and plans to work around that.

Taijutsu Expertise:
    Is an expert of using various equipment and weaponry to his advantage and has trained them to do this or that, including but not limited to:
    -Katana
    -Archery
    -Shuriken
    -Kunai
    -fighting chains
    -tetsubo

Silent Killing Technique: B-Rank
    Can move and kill without being heard.

Eight Gates: B-Rank
    Can open up to the Fifth gate in power, endangering his body in the process but boosting him up to A-Rank power for a short time. Capable of higher feats of taijutsu such burning fists, vacuum punch blasts, whirlwind tornado kicks and other such unbelievable feats.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Koichi's Arsenal:
    This is where his power partially lies, in the various equipment and such he has made to get around various tricks and jutsu that his world is made up of.

Utility Belt:
    -Smoke bombs
    -nets
    -pepper spray

Weapon Storage tool:
    Another tool he figured out to take a storage scroll and operate it by piercing him with a needle, using his chakra and take out a weapon from it.

Anti-Genjutsu Goggles:
    These goggles put shutters over his eyes and earmuffs over his ears, disrupting his vision of any visual genjutsu and interfering with any auditory genjutsu with earmuffs, raising his Genjutsu defense towards those types of genjutsu by one Rank. Has no effect on any that exploits smell, taste or touch.

Academy Jutsu Replication Tool:
    An invention of Koichi's from cobbling together chakra steel, old medical computers to be this wrist-watch like device programmed with the principles of chakra molding in mind, this tool attempts to replicate the basic academy three jutsu by piercing the user with a needle then suck the appropriate amount of chakra from their body to mold it into the jutsu needed.
    -Clone Jutsu Replica:
    The device shoots out nearly invisible wires and creates three yin hologram clones where they land in imitation of the the real thing while producing a sudden burst of smoke
    -Replacement Jutsu Replica:
    The users moves incredibly fast, shoots a wire at an object to turn it into themselves and put the disguised object in their place
    -Disguise Jutsu Replica:
    This one is the hardest to replicate, as the device is not programmed with the user's idea of who to disguise as in mind. Therefore the user has to user a needle built into the device to get a small bit of blood for the machine to analyze and put in its database, set the device to that person to turn into ahead of time, then press the button to turn into them, and of course can't turn into objects or anything else, being an imperfect replication.

Miyabe Nara
    Spoiler
    Show

Weight: 138 pounds
    Species: human

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She black hair in a high pony tail, dark black-brown eyes, wears tan shirt, brown jacket and black pants.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miyabe is a nerdy intellectual person an often references the Art of War in her conversations as the ultimate book on war and strategy, trying to apply it to every situation. Miyabe desires to the world's greatest strategist, known for outwitting and outplaying anyone and everyone to win her battles.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miyabe when she was young was given many books to read as a child by her clan. Knowledge is power in the Nara clan, and they make effort to learn a lot. But she liked one book above all others: The Art of War written by Tzu Nara one of the first Naras who during very early Warring State period. To this day there is no better treatise on warfare due to warfares nature being chaotic, violent and full of destruction. The Art of War makes it orderly and efficient, a game to be figured out and won. She liked it so much she decided she wanted to become the greatest strategist in all the world, and began playing games like shogi and go to train her mind.

After all, she would be a great famous hero if she did so, and the more competent the general, the faster battles would be won and peace achieved. Of course becoming so would require a war being fought and peace failing, but she has checked her history and has concluded that warfare is inevitable. The pendulum is now on peace but will inevitably swing back to war. Such conflict just seems to an inevitable cycle of human nature and the current age is just a reorganization so that the periods of peace are longer, but the cost being that warfare is bigger, more impersonal and kills much more than it used to. Peace will fail as it always will, therefore it is best she come up with the best strategies to make sure it can be re-achieved.

However as she becomes a Genin, she inwardly finds enjoys the strategy, the tactics and the game of trying to outwit others and on some level desires such conflict so she can prove that she can outwit others and have fun doing so. She wonders if her reasoning about war is just a excuse to allow it to happen so she can claim glory for herself. Another part of wonders if she should care. After all if she can't achieve her dream and be happy, whats the point?

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Fuinjutsu: C-Rank

Academy three Jutsu, Wall walking, water walking

Storage Scrolls: C-rank
    Has various equipment in them Miyabe has prepared for various situations.

Yin Release: Shadow Imitation Technique: C-Rank
    The user manipulates their shadow across a surface to merge it with a target or targets' shadow. The user can stretch their shadow however they wish in order to accomplish this goal, but they are limited by their shadow's surface area; if a target can move far enough away from the Shadow Imitation's user, they are theoretically safe from it. The shadow's range can extend by moving within other shadows, someone however must have a shadow to manipulate and thus the technique cannot be used in complete darkness.

Once a user merges their shadow with a target's, the target cannot move on their own other than to talk. The only movements they are able to make are those that the user makes. Keeping a target restrained requires a great deal of chakra, making it difficult to maintain the Shadow Imitation for long periods of time. If a target is strong enough or if the user is weakened enough, targets can resist and even overpower the Shadow Imitation's control.

Yin Release, Shadow Sewing Technique: c-Rank
    Uses shadow to attack and bind the target. Can be used needle like tendrils to pierce the skin, or to grab them. Can transformed back into Imitation after it hits if the user wills it.

Yin Release, Shadow-Neck Binding Technique: C-Rank
    Uses shadow to attack the target by choking them with a shadow hand. The closer the target is, the more more powerful the attack

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-01-24 at 09:29 AM.