New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Anyway!
    Well, chakra can always be a cost. Maybe it can be something forbidden, like it use Kimiko's life force or life span.
    Or something I really liked that Rick Riorden did with TRUE names magic, it's not enough to know what sounds make the name.
    You got to know the SOUL in and out of the name, which you want to jse for manipulations.

So... if Kimiko want to learn a Kanji of sealing, she need to exprience being sealed for X time herself, so she will understand the concept so deeply, that when she write it down, it has it's full meaning.

As for Usagi's background, I mostly wanted to show, that rabbit kingdom aren't MLP, who just help anyone, and also a peek into Usagi's psyche.
    1. yeah, something like needing to use her own naturally made blood to write the kanji is probably a good balancing factor for Narutoverse, that sounds like something inspired by japanese mythology/folklore

2. Well the thing about Naruto magic is that it isn't actually that spiritual or about the deep meaning of this or that. chakra is a magical energy, but all its effects and requirements all seem to occur for scientific and logical reasons. its very down to earth. so I don't think anything involving the soul would work, but would probably work for a different setting much better with magic thats concerned with deep soul stuff.

3. cool, always good to do that kind of thing, my impression is that the flashback was very Fair-Folk like: young girl visited by an alien being in her dreams, offered a contract out of respect for some impressive trait rather than any kindness. real folkloric.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

1. Glad to hear. Forbidden make stuff 20% cooler. So said Rainbowzaki.

2. Well, element jutsus I think require 'tunning'. But, yeah, I get you. it's more 'hard' magic then the usual shunen.
    (at leasr before shippuden)

3. Well,yeah. Tnx. I sort of imagined the summoned animals, to be sort of fairies, I didn't had much to go with, but I tried to make it feel naruto-ish.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

1. Glad to hear. Forbidden make stuff 20% cooler. So said Rainbowzaki.

2. Well, element jutsus I think require 'tunning'. But, yeah, I get you. it's more 'hard' magic then the usual shunen.
    (at leasr before shippuden)

3. Well,yeah. Tnx. I sort of imagined the summoned animals, to be sort of fairies, I didn't had much to go with, but I tried to make it feel naruto-ish.
    1. forbidden fruit and all that. I'll call it Blood Kanji Kinjutsu, maybe give it to some ninja for Kimiko to capture and interrogate.

2. to be precise, people have affinities for certain elements that they are just born with. I think you mean that people just need to get like how that element works physically so that they control it? like Naruto's problem with cutting the leaf using air was basically figuring out how to sharpen air into an edge to do it, I think. will have to look up how that works to clarify.

finally, speaking of Kimiko's quest, can she meet her Uchiha counterpart during something like the Chuunin Exams? in a social setting first, not a combat one. just asking.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I guess, the philosophy in Naruto, is more about HOW you use the techniques and stuff.

As for Uchiha, sure. Just reminding, that I don't view myself as a GM, here.

So what ever we want, go basicly.

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, if my hospital terms are off. Weren't sure how to translate some of those stuff, if you can correct me, I'll be thankfull

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

I didn't notice anything bad, though I admit, I'm not well-versed in hospital terminology.

I've written a thing to flesh out our version of Kirigakure:
    Spoiler: Alternate Kirigakure
    Show

In this timeline, Yagura Karatachi, the Fourth Mizukage, realized that his relentless persecution of traitors and the bloodline purge had driven away all the kekkei genkai users from his village and thus all noble clans in his oppressive ways. In addition, half of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist deserted their ranks. Left only with clans using hiden abilities and civilian born ninjas, he has since set out to make sure Kirigakure works without kekkei genkai and thus taken any measure to make sure that Kirigakure can match the talent and strength of other villages hard work and ingenuity alone.

To this end, Yagura kept the three caste system of families where the first ones, but re-imagined how shinobi are taught. He abolished the concept of hiden jutsu, allowing all ninja from a clan who had them to share them with others outside of if they wanted to, then started building his new shinobi military around this shared knowledge, while also encouraging research into making more weapons like the seven swords of the mist so as to allowing for unique techniques without needing bloodlines. After the slaughter of an entire class by one person he had to abolish the practice of killing students to graduate- they simply needed too many ninja to make up the difference they lost from defection, self-caused deaths and the purges.

Thus while Kirigakure is recovering, many of its ninja today have experienced a rushed education to fill out the numbers they need and thus struggle to use some basic techniques. On the other hand, many techniques that would be hiden jutsu in other villages are openly taught among all its shinobi and thus they organize their squads around having more consistent fits for certain purposes. Instead of having to fit a bunch of weird talents together, they have sensor squads, infiltrator squads, combat squads and so on and thus each squad is taught the best jutsu for those purposes.

However element wise, without kekkei-genkai, most of them are Water-affinity due to their environment, with the leading minority being Wind then Lightning with the least common being Earth and Fire. This makes their elemental jutsu pretty homogeneous and open to being defeated by Earth release users. Many of their Jounin are praised for being able to master an element besides water.

Indeed, the Jounin are where people with any talent or potential end up, as the Chuunin and Genin ranks are filled with imperfectly taught shinobi that only work well in a team, often in ones all using the same jutsu for the same purpose. The Jounin that come from these are often those who manage to innovate new techniques for themselves, train themselves to be do more than their assigned role, or master a magical weapon made in inspiration of the seven mist swords, or secretly have a kekkei genkai they are keeping secret somehow. At the same time, many of these jounin's mindsets are of reckless unthinking warriors that Yagura keeps on selecting instead of intelligent minds that can criticize or defy him and thus mistake in his mind for disloyalty.
    While the villages ability to complete lower-ranking missions has become far more consistent and stable as a result of these changes, the risk of higher ranking missions has increased for its shinobi, and the Jounin that do them are praised as singular geniuses and champions of excellence that arise out of nowhere, and a myth of the “Self-Made Ninja” has started to propagate throughout Kirigakure, with ninjas start to believe that if they just work hard and loyally enough they too will pull themselves up by their bare hands into being great, when in reality the advantage of birth and nobility has been replaced by networking, connections, bribes, and favors to learn jutsu they normally wouldn't, or pull strings to get a weapon specially made for you, or sucking up to Yagura's cult of personality to earn their favor so that they will be more likely to give you more training, or just plain luck of being in the right place right time to complete something impressive no one else did, things like that.

Indeed, one of the ways the village hasn't improved is the Yagura has killed the Water Daimyo and taken his place as sole ruler of the Land of Water after the Water Daimyo chewed him out for causing so many valuable ninja to defect, reasoning that the daimyo wasn't loyal either. Now Yagura rules all of the Land of Water with an iron fist, the main island being filled with propaganda posters and Yagura's secret police watching for any signs of dissent. The surrounding islands while under his control, don't feel the oppressive presence as strongly and thus have become valuable centers of trade and commerce for the Land of Water, both legal and illegal. Unfortunately, Kiri's own bloody reputation damaged its trade prospects, and many businesses have taken their trade elsewhere to the Land of Lightning, Land of Fire, Land of Hot Water and Land of Frost.

These surrounding islands also have brewing resistance groups and missing-nin leading them, determined to restore legitimate rule to the Land of Water and overthrow Yagura, but no one has any solid plans on what do about the Three-Tailed Beast so that its removed from him. The shinobi nations in general know and consider Kirigakure and the Land of Water as basically a petty dictatorship where Yagura is the sole ruler, but no one is willing to do anything about it for economic reasons: waging a war on Kirigakure to depose Yagura would be costly, and due to its Bloody Mist reputation companies are doing business with other more reputable nations that would normally be trading with Kirigakure,thus providing economic benefits to letting Kirigakure shoot itself in the foot.

Not helped by the Hunter-Nin squads Kirigakure sends out through the nations to hunt down missing-nin from Kirigakure and often having arguments with other shinobi on who should take out a Kiri missing-nin, and are basically seen as death squads by any Kirigakure nin that has managed to find a better life or a legitimate place in other nations. Generally they are considered meddlers and poorly disguised assassins of political dissidents.

As for Yagura Karatachi himself, he knows that Kirigakure trying to go to war to hunt down every disloyal ninja from Kiri would a recipe for getting defeated. No one knows his true plan for Kirigakure going forward or what his next moves will be. Only that he is a dictator jinchuriki ruling through force and obsessed with loyalty, and that his entire regime is an example of how not to be a kage.

Example Summoning Pacts:
    Seagulls
    Sharks
    Octopus
    Crab

Example Forbidden Jutsu/Kinjutsu:
    Blood Puppeteer Jutsu:
    One of the highest forms of Water release, this allows the user to use another person like a puppet through manipulating their blood, however it comes at a cost: the user needs to bleed themselves first so that they can extend blood strings to catch and puppet them.

Blood Kanji Jutsu:
    By using their natural blood as ink, the user can write kanji in the air for various effects. The more kanji written in one go, the more blood spent and the more powerful the effect, the more chakra needed to put into it. Most users have only managed up to three uses at one time without dying.

Water Release: Land Dehydration Vortex:
    An extremely powerful water jutsu developed by Kiri when it observed that water was in all living things, so to try and work around water's limitations one could simply rip out water from the surrounding life. The result was this jutsu, one where all the water is simply ripped out of all the plants and animals in sight, humans to but other ninja clearly learned that they can use their own willpower and chakra to resist being dehydrated like a genjutsu or evade it with replacement jutsu, all to gather the water into one ball floating in the air to use for more water techniques. The constant use of this jutsu in earlier wars led to much of the Land of Wind's arable land being destroyed and was declared forbidden jutsu during the peace treaties afterwards.

Cursed Seal of Oni:
    Applies a seal to someone living or dead, turning them into an immortal oni and resurrecting them if they are dead. It also enhances their strength and speed. However, it comes at the cost of giving them an insatiable desire for human flesh and blood and can no longer eat anything else, growing horns on their head and fangs in their mouth.

Blood Clone Jutsu:
    Sacrifices a human so they become a clone of yourself. Ninja can use replacement jutsu to evade becoming a victim of this. A human sacrificed this way is killed by blood string extending from yourself and reforms into a clone of yourself with all your memories, skills and jutsu but reserves only equal to the amount of chakra you put into them, and their previous life erased. However unlike most clone jutsu, the person lasts as long as a real human lifespan if they don't die, and they die like a real human if they get killed. Due to people needing to sacrificed to make this jutsu work and the existential and ethical problems it brings up, its labeled a kinjutsu

Ravenous Shark Jutsu:
    A kinjutsu that sharpens one fangs into shark fangs and allows them to drink the blood of others to gain their kekkei genkai, needing at least a pint to do so. However one should be careful with this kinjutsu, as absorbing a kekkei genkai from another can have unpredictable effects and often turns one into a monster if they are lucky, have them experience biological problems from multiple bloodlines in one body or mutates them into a horrible dead mess. A vast majority of the time, people can only hold two bloodlines maximum using this technique without downsides, and often only elemental ones at that due to elemental ones having more compatibility. Three or more and it gets horrible quickly.

also I think this has given me a better idea of what to do with the Kaguya clan and what their issue is.

also yes Yagura Karatachi is a canonical character, but not one that was well-used at all. he was so background and underused despite being the jinchuuriki of the three trails AND the Fourth Mizukage AND be a perfect jinchuuriki who had full control over his transformations years before Naruto, Gaara or Killer B ever was any of those things, and was this young tyrannical dictator to boot that cause the backstory of Zabusa and Haku, the guy has Kirigakure arc antagonist written all over him and he was just dealt with off screen and we only get a token undead appearance.

So I think he is good enough and side character enough to use him as is, because why not?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-09-28 at 01:09 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

I think it actually amazing, and make sense.
    Also, the obiviouse idea, of the super people taking chrge always slip my mind, somehow.
    I can imagine it's some unwritten tabboo.

Also, now rereading my last post- the laughter wasb't fitting, so I' sorry for it.

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Yagura's certainly an exception. Its the kind of move that sounds great to some young ruler who wants drastically change things for the better and has no actual idea how ruling anything works. Least of all that drastically changing things isn't always a good idea.

also, here is what I got for Kumogakure:

Spoiler: Alternate Kumogakure
    Show

History:
    Kumogakure with its highly mountainous nation, its many lightning users, and its village among the clouds, is hard to assault. Kumogakure has always seemed unassailable to other nations, with its strong defensive position it exploits that to go on the offensive in quick strikes then retreat back to their mountains to evade losses. In addition to this, it has two jinchuuriki in its possession the Eight Tails and the Two Tails. With the Land of Lightning's thriving port towns being great centers of trade, its mines full of rich ores, its advanced research into electrical technology, and its beautiful tundra valleys between the mountains full of environments, animals and plants you find nowhere else, Kumogakure enjoys a booming economy and a powerful military.
    Furthermore, double the jinchuuriki means double the tailed beast problems and with their weaker seals, their tailed beasts get out more often and their ninja have to be more alert to defend people from their own jinchuuriki and contain them in their rampages. At the same time their two jinchuuriki give them a huge advantage in military matters, and they are well known for being the ninja Village that is the most evenly matched with Konoha in strength, and thus the most likely to take them on in a straight up fight. Thus Konoha and Kumo see each other as rivals and watch each other the most in their political games.

With most of the affinities in Kumo being lightning-natured, they build their defenses to take advantage of that with a lot of metal. More than one ninja has fell into electrified wire traps and electro-magnetism based weaponry powered by their lightning jutsu. Many of their attacks are incredibly fast and thus the unwary, the slow and the immobilized die quickly to their assaults. Earth users while less common are also well-prized in Kumo for their ability to easily cause landslides, Air users for their manipulation of the fog and storms, and there is a dedicated clan of Water affinity ninja for defending against Kirigakure as well as pirates swiping at ships in their port towns. Their rarest element is fire.

However its constant efforts to steal kekkei genkai by kidnapping people has not earned it a good reputation among other villages. Kumo nin are seen as greedy and always wanting more. Its efforts to actually pull off getting kekkei genkai from other nations are filled with peril and many times it fails, furthermore the times where they succeed in kidnapping are politically problematic to say the least, as the other nation in question often ends up threatening war over it. Furthermore, the attempts to actually extract the kekkei genkai from the kidnapped for Kumo to use are ethically and morally dubious at best, and often are secret from other nations.
    But there was at least one instance where the secret got out and there was a huge controversy over it: during the second ninja war, Kumo kidnapped a Crystal Release user from a minor nation under Konoha's protection and forcibly extracted cells from to clone her by the dozens. A spy ratted out this information to Konoha and they saw it as a threat to them, and sent a squad of Jounin to stop the facility from growing them to completion. A battle ensued over it and became known as the Crystal Children Battle, with only a few of the clones surviving and living as a result, to become their own clan separate from the original one, and the two clans with the same release now hate each other to this day.
    Its possible that Kumogakure is attempting other shady ways of acquiring other kekkei genkai even now, and that there are cloned or recruited kekkei genkais from other nations in their ranks even now.

Their efforts to kidnap kekkei genkai users sometimes make them conflict with Kirigakure's hunter nin when they both try to go after one of the latters missing nin. The missing nin in question don't really consider either one better than the other, and rather escape than be killed or kidnapped to be Kumo's guinea pigs. Kirigakure also blames Kumo for stealing most of its sea-based trade after the bloodline purges under Yagura, while Kumo is confident enough in its power to not be worried about taking on Kirigakure at any time.

However not everything is shining bright for the Land of Lightning and Kumogakure. Its great political, militaristic and economic power has come at a cost: The common people. The miners work hard conditions and long hours to get more gold, copper and other precious metals with numerous health risks involved. Its cities are full of workaholic factory workers and officer workers who have little time for their families, and money they earn seems to be worth more than themselves. People don't seem to have much personal time or a social life outside work, and this extends to the Kumogakure's ninja themselves, many of them going by simple names like “A” to throw away normal identities to focus on being a weapon for their work. Their highly collectivist yet capitalist mindset makes them ignore their personal problems and brush them off as unimportant so that they can focus on the greater good of the group. This, coupled with the fact that ninja experience trauma often, makes many Kumo ninja bottle up their emotions until they burst and go crazy in sudden displays of slaughter simply because they can't take it anymore, and the common people have made a myth about about this, calling these incidents “Sudden Storms” and saying that it reveals the true evil lurking underneath all Kumo nin all along. Many Kumo Missing Nin become such simply so they can have some free time to themselves and work more reasonable hours and be their own boss.

And of course with a booming economy comes booming criminal activity and black markets, and many yakuza groups sell drugs to people so they can escape their grinding overworked lives. Casinos have sprung up in the nation and encourage people to spend waste their hard-earned money on gambling and sake. Going to a psychologist for their problems is unheard of in the Land of Lightning because of this strong culture of “It can't be helped.”. In addition many of the drugs in the land of lightning have hallucinatory almost genjutsu like properties, and some rich people even pay missing nin to use certain genjutsu on them that makes them experience paradises they can't in real life.

The current Raikage, Killer A -all the raikage are named that-is unsatisfied with this prosperity. He knows that Kumogakure is powerful. He knows it has the power to conquer even more and desires to do so to keep up with or even overtake Konoha. To that end, the Raikage has set his sights upon the minor nations buffering Kumo and Konoha, determined to bring them under the Land of Lightning's rule.

Summoning Pacts:
    Panda
    Goat
    Hawk
    Beaver

Clans (Kekkei Genkai):
    1-Chinoike Clan (Ketsuryugan)
    2-??? (Storm Release)
    3-??? (Crystal Release)
    4-???

Forbidden Jutsu:
    Lightning Possession Jutsu:
    The user targets someone and turns themselves into pure lightning then launches themselves forward at their target to try and possess them through controlling their electrical pulses throughout their brain and body. If its successful, the user lives as electrical chakra in their victim, taking control like a reverse jinchuuriki. If its unsuccessful and they miss, their entire being that is now electricity discharges in all directions into the air and ground, the user dying as a result. However even if successful, there are risks. The possessed can possibly regain control if you grow too angry or depressed, as they can break through your control when there are cracks in your will.
    However one can use all the possessed abilities and can interrogate their mind and memories to learn everything they know with some struggle.

Lightning Materialization Jutsu:
    Unfortunately, if you only know the Lightning Possession jutsu your basically stuck as electrical chakra forever unless you use this jutsu to turn back, and even then it requires a human sacrifice to use as material to reform your original body.

Lightning Mind Remnant Jutsu:
    This jutsu is performed to leave a copy of your mind inside someone after you leap out of them. It is a kinjutsu because of the potential to just take control of multiple people rule entire nations with copied possessions of yourself.

Divine Speed Jutsu:
    The user supercharges themselves with electricity to run across incredible distances in only seconds. With this jutsu, one can run at the speed of lightning to get anywhere. The only problems are that your perception can't catch up to speed your running at, nor does your body become more durable. Thus this jutsu is incredibly hard to use, as one wrong move can send the user crashing into something and instantly dying. Thus they need to plan and time their route for each use of the Divine Speed Jutsu with genius precision and knowledge of geography, physics and momentum.

Lightning Leap Jutsu:
    Another jutsu where the user is turned into pure lightning, the user instead shoots up into the clouds and lances through them, leaping between them then zooming back to earth into someone nearby like in possession. Also used to travel long distances but possessing the same dangers and downsides as Lightning Possession.

Wave and Particle Phantom Technique:
    The user for a split second becomes nothing but waves to dodge, the attack passing right through them as a ghost, however if they stay in for too long they will disperse and die and must return to physical form within one second.

Unending Bliss Genjutsu:
    This genjutsu makes the target fall into a blissful existence of unending pleasure and tranquility. So much so that their own brain and chakra begins powering the illusion to keep it going and the target dies within two days of falling into from dehydration. What makes this a kinjutsu is that the Kumo ninja who learn it eventually use it cast it upon themselves to know what such joy is like and more than one Kumo nin has died from this as a result.

Divine Wind Technique or Kamikaze Jutsu:
    During the Third Ninja War, Kumo developed this jutsu to be used by Genin deemed to have little or no potential as a ninja, sending them out to use this jutsu to blow themselves up into a great electric discharge to the enemies all around them, saying that it was a noble sacrifice for their great nation. Today it is a kinjutsu, locked away by treaty and taught to no one because of its sacrificial nature.

basically all of Kumogakure is Konoha's Vegeta. and how just because the nation is prosperous on paper, doesn't mean its free of problems or that the Kumo missing nin don't have their reasons to leave. they're basically a nation of workaholics driving themselves to exhaustion and all the problems that come with it, while also an opportunity to look at how problematic and ethically dubious stealing bloodlines can be.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

I like it a lot. Maybs could you edit the data and the occasional fanarts we have to the openiing post?

Edit: I know it wierd, but it make sense- I guess there would be Kumo seductresses kunoichis, to get Kekkei in less violent way.

You are inspiring. I think I'l work on the Sand Village.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-10-03 at 02:04 AM.

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

1. kay, I'll get around to it

2. Thats actually golden, I never thought of that. I was thinking more of a horrifying science direction, but this works so well, because now I imagine bastard kumo children being taught to hate and fight against half their heritage, yes.

3. Cool, I'll post my own thoughts and ideas on Sunagakure when your done with yours, I'm sure we can mix them to get something even better from both.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

So here it is..
    Spoiler: Land Of Wind and The Hidden Village Of Sand
    Show

Sunagakure

The Land Of The Wind, is called like this, because those who wish to survive, and even flourish there must always be on the move, just like the wind.
    This land might look cruel to the weak and ignorant, but it's actually a loving parent, pushing his children forward, trusting them to withstand the pressure and grow stronger.
    Those who dare, will find treasures lay beyond the vale of sands.
    That why despite many scholars's confusion, the Land Of Wind is one of the most populouse lands. Sure, there are cities, but even the cities, reshape and change. Also, despite the stigmas, the Wind People are actually relativly peacful. They don't cling to almost anything, including vengance.
    "Let The Wind Blow It Away.' Is a common saying among them.
    The Land Of Wind has no signed graveyards from the same reason. No point in clinging to memories of those who were blown away.
    The stigma of them indulging in adultory and liers, cheaters in general might have some base to it.
    Promises doesn't mean much to them. "The promise were blown away.' Is a common excuse.
    They tend to do what the view as the right thing to do at the moment, and usually don't take broken oathes and promises personaly.
    Proper Ninja clans like other countires have, are a very rare thing, because of their tradition of freedom and change, but they had families and bands.
    Cityfolks, took the spirit of Wind, to easily change of careers and ruling systems when time required it, and something close to a free market, maybe almost anarchistic.
    Until 80 years ago, the Damiyo had a very loose control and mostly were, leader against outside threats and a respectful judge, if people required him to.
    90 years ago a new treasure were discovered- oil. This treasure was irresitble, and in few years a powerful corpration were found:The Black Wind Inc. 'Kurokaze. Inc.'
    They have forced out the Damiyo, and placed a puppet Damiyo in place, and drill the oil. But they weren't sustainable due, to constant ninja raids, and even if they bought off one group, two others started to raid.
    They have hired of ten powerful ninjas from over the world, who have called themselves the Sunadorei(the Sand Slavers), most of them weren't from the Wind Land, and their had a Kekkei ability of Water Release.
    They used combination of diplomacy and terror to unite most if not all of the ninja under their iron fist, and have found the Hidden Village Of The Sand- Sunagakure.
    The Sand Ninjas weren't broken easily, and in one decade replaced three Kazekages one after another, and went into civil war with the Sunadorei.
    The Damiyo and the Kurokaze Company have backtabbed, and have supported the rebels, that their general agreement was, to keep the village united in exchange for autonamy.
    Now days, under the leadership of the 9th Kazekage, Sunagakure flourish with wierd mixture of militarstic state and freedom.
    They have the biggest ninja army in numbers: three times more Genins then Konoha, twice Chunins then them, yet barely a dozen more Junins.
    Their secret is their low standards at the academy. The Kurokaze fund anyone who wish to learn to be a ninja, which is atrractive option, because if not you will be forced to work under them directly, and usually it just a little better then slavery. As Ninjas, or at least residents of the Village you have relarive freedom. In order to graduate you need to master only one of three basic jutsus. The tradional teams of 3 are completly optional, and Genins and Junins alike are allowed to break and form new teams of any kind.
    Also, the missions are picked from a mission board, and anyone can pick missions from E grade up to A.
    The responsibility for the risk is up to the ninjas themselves, and the groups may vary as they see fit. (Think like Fairy Tail Guilds).
    S are reserved for Junins, who may take companions with them, or Anbus.
    They don't have many clans, but the village has unique and creative techniques whicb are funded generously by the Kazekage.
    Most famouse are the puppetry, which the 9th Kazekage himself is a Master of, and Clay techniques, which mostly include sealing pottery and Golem crafting.

There are two clans worth mentioning-
    The Mizushiki- the decandents of the first, third and fourth Kazekages, known for their Kekkei of Water Release. They are forbidden from leaving the village, and only on special orders of the Kurokaze, are sent to variouse bases to fix the water supply. Officaly, their Kekkei is too valuable, to risk. But some believe, this an unusual example of the Sand Ninjas have long memory and a continuouse vengance against the tyrants's offspring.

And the Bajirisuku Clan- The Basilisk Clan, with the eye ability to turn objects and living into stone. Coincednecly or not, they as well are originally from outside of the Land Of Wind.

Pacts with animals:
    Camel
    Jackal
    Scorpion
    Jeroba

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Interesting.

here is what I got:

Spoiler: Alt Sunagakure
    Show

Alt Sunagakure

History:
    Sunagakure and the Land of Wind dwell in a desert. This fact defines the whole of their nation and way of life. Resources are poor in this land, making the Land of Wind weaker than other nations from more abundant areas. Its town are situated near its oases, and water is considered a precious commodity, not to be wasted. Its ability to feed itself depends on not just on the meager farms it does have, but upon the trade with other nations it works constantly to maintain. And the services of ninja are ones of its most precious things it has to offer in return. On the upside, most ninja from more abundant areas are unwilling to fight Suna in the constant sandstorms, heat and lack of water, and the old adage “Don't fight Suna in summer” is true as it ever was.

Their wind users are adept at causing artificial sandstorms to cause chaos and slaughter in enemy forces, their puppet brigade ninja makes corpses of their foes into new weapons and send them out to fight their still living comrades. Earth and Fire users while less common, sink the enemy into quicksand and drown them on land, Fire users burn away their water casks into steam and make them die of heatstroke quickly raising the temperatures to unbearable heights, lightning users strike hard and fast then disappear back into the desert winds. Suna nin has a reputation for being horrifying opponents to face, having no scruples about what they will do to survive and win.

Water release users are the rarest and most precious of all ninja in Suna, and have a different role. From the moment their elemental nature is discovered, they are taught to focus on creating water from nothing, and nothing else. Their nation simply doesn't have enough moisture to use the techniques common to Kiri. Once they successfully do so, they these “Oasis Nin” are taught to create clean water from chakra and provide it to others, as well as water plants. These rare Oasis Nin embark on the highest honor: ensuring the nations survival through food and water, and even the most battle-happy of ninja recognize the importance of their role, even if they feel burdened by it. Their lives are a constant quest to figure out how to create more oases, more plants to feed people, irrigate more water to grow the plants, and while they can fight as well as anyone else, their primary mission is to ensure a more prosperous Land of Wind.

Suna's skill in puppetry has allowed them to advance in the field of prosthetics, providing their own country folk numerous puppet arms and legs to continue living with both hands or feet, the wood and metal may feel hot in this heat, but its better than having only one hand. Puppet nin themselves have been known to replace their limbs with puppet ones just to upgrade them to their liking, and have come up with various creative uses for puppet technology, from being power armor to artificial mounts and transportation to quickly move across the desert, to combining puppets with fuinjutsu to fire off devastating elemental blasts from puppet turrets. There are rumors that some puppet nin seek to make puppets that can think and move on their own, puppets that have have intelligence, that might even have...souls, but these rumors also speak of these puppets having no heart or love and that are murderous and seek the death of humans out of jealousy for them being real people.

The One Tailed Beast was actually captured and sealed by Suna itself when it was founded and they never had to deal with Konoha for it. However as a consequence, they use the weakest of all the tailed beast seals, known as the Clay Jar Seal, not having Konoha's expertise when they made it, while most of the Jinchuuriki out there use the Iron Armor Seal because its the best seal that was developed during the First Kages, while modern Konoha itself makes use of the Eight Trigams Seal which is higher quality than both for the Nine-Tails. The weakest seal, for the weakest Tailed Beast. Some say, the weakest Tailed beast, for the weakest of the five superpowers. Indeed, Sunagakure and the Land of Wind seems to constantly get the short end of the stick in anything it does. This has led to its nation being very emphatic about receiving fair deals in its negotiations and being very leery of foreigners trying to take advantage of them, but open to any and all trade they can make. Their Jinchuurikis have always have to be taught discipline to resist the whispers of the One Tails violent nature.

Thus the nation is full of bazaars with products from other shinobi nations and exotic goods from far away lands beyond them, and the merchants there carefully calculate each coin, evaluate the value of each object and double check to make they are getting a fair and honest deal, while scammers and con men prowl the streets looking for the next mark. People wear white shawls and robes to keep out the sun, and many people do all that they can just to make ends meet in the desert. This diverse array of goods hides the fact that the Land of Wind's economy is very fragile, a constant juggling act of having to rely on other more verdant lands to supply its people, with remaining independent, and not ticking off either its own people or its foreign customers. Other nations see Sunagakure as weak, and fear little from it going on the offensive.

No one knows all this better than the Fourth Kazekage, nicknamed “The Spider of Mirage Threads” or just “The Spider”, he is known as a cunning, subtle man skilled with spider puppets so much that he gave himself four extra limbs. His web of spies extends throughout the Land of Wind and some say, throughout much of the shinobi nations. He is constantly scheming, constantly hiding his true motives, but he claims to want only the best for his nation and village. Some say he schemes for a better world, some say he sees all the world as his puppets, some say both. Despite his mysterious nature, the Land of Wind cannot deny his effectiveness: he works closely with the Wind Daimyo and fine tunes the workings and intricacies of his nation with a slight, precise, surgical hand, pulling strings with only the slightest of tugs, and when people come to him with a problem he is known to listen and work to come up with reasonable solutions.

Summoning Pacts/Ninja animals:
    Ferret
    Hyena
    Scorpion

Kekkei Genkai:
    1-Magnet Release (Wind and Earth)
    2-Sand Release (Earth)
    3-
    4-

Kinjutsu: None yet

I like how both valuing promises and not valuing promises much are equally plausible for this place.
    I like that we both came up with the idea that water release is the rarest, but calling it a kekkei genkai is a bit of a stretch, to me? its just a rare affinity in that land to me, I mean I guess legally it could be considered that for the purposes of maintaining it?

I'd mostly fight for the Oasis Nin and puppet-tech aspects to be included as well as including the Spider of Mirage Threads as a Jounin if you don't want him as a kage.

the oil aspect....yeah thats a good inclusion, make it more dynamic and warlike in its history.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

I liked your ideas as well.
    I had few inspiration-
    Wiki stating the Land Of Wind to be VERY populose. (But not bothering to explain why)
    And stating they don't have clans. (Again without explaining)
    So I tried to explain it.
    Also I took inspiration from Middle East. (My brother hhas doctorate over Middle East studies, which did helped)
    Sandy lands in our world, have high percentage of containing oil. (I dont know why.. but this seems to be the case.)
    And Foriegener powers reshaped directly and indirectly the lands for it.
    And Middle Eastren Cultures have quite loosened point of view on agreements. (Even in the Qurran...)
    And their tendency for dicators who ensure oil in good price for the forces which support them.

I am not married to my idea for Kazekage your sound cooler.
    And Oasis Nins do make more sense.

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

cool, seems plausible. and yeeeees. Spiiiiiiiiider-kage! (though to be honest, even I don't know what his plan is)

anyways, I've edited the OP to list more people for the village as well as a section for people outside of the Sound Village.

the basilisk eye clan is good. we should definitely include that.

also something I want to do different for this roleplay is to write up as many characters as early as possible instead of saving them for specific arcs, because the shinobi nations have a history with one another, and thus many of their characters would know about each other because of a shared interconnected history across generations. I already came up with counterparts for Kimiko across all the shinobi nations (but only four of them are good enough in my mind to be good fleshed out characters, need to better work out the Iwa and Suna counterparts, but the main counterpart is the Uchiha one)

keep in mind these are less to have specific purpose and just to make sure the world is consistent enough that if a plot involve this nation or that nation, I'll be prepared for it.

also I should probably do some write up on the Jinchuuriki in general, because there are some that were just really short-changed, make something detailing the Missing-Min of Kiri because while scattered they are pretty much a faction unto themselves, and maybe even write on the general rules and examples of forbidden jutsu, because there are certain rules to them that make sense for them to be put into the category, as well as help us limit combat to smart tactics rather than letting it devolve into shippuden ridiculousness, which if you think about it, has forbidden-or at least things that SHOULD BE forbidden- jutsu being thrown about all over the place.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-10-09 at 07:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it quite ambitiouse project then.
    I didn't even have spoken about the Drug War in the Land Of Wind...

I did imagine few Konoha based antagnostic characters.
    Mostly the "pale eyed man' who slaughtered Usagi's village.
    I think it should be fine, we are starting from the knowledge circle of young Genins..

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it quite ambitiouse project then.
    I didn't even have spoken about the Drug War in the Land Of Wind...

I did imagine few Konoha based antagnostic characters.
    Mostly the "pale eyed man' who slaughtered Usagi's village.
    I think it should be fine, we are starting from the knowledge circle of young Genins..
    Very well, what are the ideas for the first arc? because the Land of Waves arc was very important foreshadowing, developing Naruto's character and giving Sasuke the Sharingan. like, a lot of what happened after it only does so because of the events in Land of Waves. that first "C-rank" mission was important, because it sets up the chuunin exams which in turn sets up everything else.

as for villains, Naruto villains while often sympathetic also have philosophies to try and justify why they use force on people. not all of them though, some naruto villains are just straight up evil, but they're often minor ones.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

I think we have luxury that no the manga nor anime have:lack of audience to please.

And this issue gotten harder in this decade. Many popular mangas of thr past wouldn't have survived the short amount of attention people are willing to give to new shows, so they have to jump the story forward.

My ides was to use an actual D and C rank missions, while Futility-San in the background conspire.
    If I have learned anything from shows like MLP, the question how Pinkie is dealing with the secret(gasp) her friends are hiding from her(surprise party) is more intense, from how many metetors will Madara throw at countless of characters we don't care about.
    So for now, more for Harry Potter's style?
    It also, parts of the ninja world, that it will be hard to scale back to, when we get out to the wide world.

So for now like.. 2-3 D missions, and then another encounter w8th futilitt san, just to get C rank mission which actually get them out, while the threat of Futility guy hang in the air.
    For the C rank, I imagined Uchiaha guy, who tempt weaker ninjas with unique abilities to challenge him, so he could copy them.
    That what I have for now in general.

Slow burn, but I think it work well in 1 on 1
    How does it sound?

- - - Updated - - -

List of the children for my selfish convience

Kinder Garden

Nekocho Kimiko- imaginative, active, michivouse and judgemental. Just like mommy!

Shogai Fukaimi- Silent. Nod, but secretly does what he want and bully girls especialy Sukkunai

Sukkunai Fukaimi timid. Shy. Crybaby, when she cry she try to run away and hide.

Mimi Komoro- cheerful, best friend of Kimiko and enjoy pranks.

Kowerata Kaguya bragger kind of boy. Enjoy to show off and creep at the sake time

Tsuiseki Ishikawa timid and seriouse girl. Draw all day, using paper planes and determined to write reality itself.

Damuhijo he deaf, and have conencetation issues. He isn't a ninjaz but normal care takers can't deal with him. He is bullied a lot.

Sogeki isn't from any clan, but his spit ball sniping is on ninja level.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-10-13 at 02:26 AM.

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Very well. more time to refine what I got in mind then.

though I must tell you: sharingan can't copy kekkei genkai. sure the hand signs can be copied, but they'd still have to have prerequisite genetics to do it.

though I'm not really jumping to throw meteors at anyone either, my concern is more ninjas actually being ninjas first and foremost rather than letting them become walking nukes. like maybe its probably useless and the ninja nukes are inevitable to some degree considering how fast the anime slides into that even during Chuunin exams (Gamabunta vs. One Tails anyone?) and your right to take it slow. Kimiko's path, lets be honest is basically a more literal interpretation of Orochimaru's goal, which will probably lead to her some form of overpowered eventually if we're being completely real? Still I'll try to keep it to something more.....subtle, more ninja-politics and cool plans rather than just spamming ninjutsu all the time.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Even Overpowered could be done right.
    It's all matter of "how'
    For example, I view Itachi is OP done right.
    He still feel like ninja.
    You don't have the impression, he could fit Dragon Ball Z.
    Orochimaru is also a good example, and the "lower' range of the Akatsuki, like Sasori, Kisame and etc.
    Yeah, more time to refine things.
    If we ever get bored, we can jump and skip. In shunens a lot of time, I feel like they are missing many opornouities in the lower scale arcs.
    We can also give theme.
    Like Futility-San question the very concept of "hope" for ninjas. And another theme, I subtly(or not) hinted.
    What ideas you have?

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

yeah, Itachi is pretty well-respected throughout the Naruto fandom. there is a LOT about him that is indeed, done right in both and character. primarily because he is a genjutsu master over a ninjutsu master.

indeed, more genjutsu other than sharingan is one of my goals for this. they have a LOT of unused potential.

as for figuring how to make high level ninjutsu more ninja-like then DBZ like, that will be a bit of a challenge unto itself. but then again I might imagine the gradings of techniques as less just about power and also about complexity and mastery needed to use it, because there are some techniques that are incredibly basic yet really powerful, like replacement jutsu and transformation jutsu.

like there is no logical explanation for how the replacement jutsu works other than it being a space time jutsu anyone can use and is so basic because it can defend against almost anything as long your reflexes are quick and you have something to switch, and so simple, everyone is taught it because it can literally help you throughout your entire ninja life against even the most powerful opponents. just because its basic doesn't mean its not USEFUL.

and then there is the transformation technique. at first one would think its just an illusion- but its not. Naruto uses it to become a shuriken and Sasuke throws him like one, and during the Gamabunta battle, Naruto transforms gamabunta into the nine tales so he can grip the one tails. so when you use the transformation jutsu, your actually acquiring the physical properties of what your transforming into. and yes, that means EXACTLY what you think it means when Naruto uses Sexy No Jutsu.

and while the basic clone technique isn't used much, it has the most elemental high level improvements and variations in the entire series, from shadow clone to water clone, to sand clone, to earth clone, wood clone, and so on. often to multi-task, provide another target to hit, teamwork, and so on. which makes sense, because having extra hands is incredibly useful! lot of utility for it, which is naruto uses the shadow clone technique so often.

there is incredible potential, even in a ninja who only masters these three incredibly basic techniques to their utmost. they won't blast anything to bits, but they will be able to dodge virtually anything, transform to be immune to anything they can't teleport out of the way of, disguise themselves as anyone or anything, and (assuming they using the improved clone versions) send a clone to distract someone while they ambush from behind and kill you or do something else, or equalize the battlefield, or anything else like that.

but then again, here is the thing about real life ninja; they used gunpowder and fire all the time. they kept up to date with the latest weaponry. they had guns just as good as those in europe, and were basically feudal japan's CIA or MI6. they did things like make bamboo guns that only worked once, make hand grenades, they used fire arrows, they gave absolutely no cares about fairness, they just acquired the latest tech and used it however they could to win.

so from that perspective, a ninja would totally acquire nukes and use them to blow up the other guy if they could. they'd probably do it more sneakily by sneaking it under their noses and then blowing it up when they get out than naruto ninja, but they would still DO IT. so perhaps we modify high level destructive ninjutsu to be something that requires more prep and tactical placement than something that you can just spam or use like a dbz attack maybe? because ninjas would totally use this stuff, its just a matter of playing into and working it into the mysterious ninja fantasy we have where they have to be clever about it and don't devolve into dbz or just a bunch of bomb/gun carriers (which happened in real life: the ninjas serving under Tokugawa basically became an elite gunner squad enforcing the law once the warring states period was over)

like there would have to be some thought on how to do it in a way that can't be DBZ-ized, downsides that people can take advantage of, things like that. but then again a lot of the blastiness is either from spammable basic elemental blast techniques just with a really powerful user behind it or from things like the Rinnegan or Sharingan when they are amped up to their fullest, and most of that ridiculousness takes place during the Fourth Ninja War. or from giant summons. so in theory as long as we:
    -don't include the rinnegan and don't amp up the sharingan too much
    -don't blast elemental fire, lighting, water and so on from mouths like nothing
    -don't overuse giant summons

we can avoid most of it.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

About replacment Jutsu, I don't think it's that far fetched actually.
    Have you been in a show of a wizard? Like a good one?
    Even basic things. In my high school, there were a guy who tied his shoes by shaking his legs, and his hands didn't seemed to touch the shoes.
    It is wierd, and he did trickery just as hobby. Experts wizards. Add chakra and stuff get into madness.
    In my head cannon, it's like super distraction thing.

About transformation, it is intresting. Tsunade should be granny, and yet she keep a milf body..
    In theory Usagi could grant herself legs? Or the transformation have to resemble the original body?
    We don't see ninjas turn to animals, for example.

But, yeah even single basic technique is useful. My version of the Sand Village consider it enough to pass as Genin.

Mmmm... I gave a lot of thought. This is a fair point. I guess I'll be more open to the blasty stuff.
    It's mostly matter of presentation.

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

I really liked everything about Jirou's file.

World building, exploring the character.
    The only tiniest of nitpicks, is that Nozojo is the Second Ottokage. The village is quite young.

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks, I like it to.

In theory Usagi could grant herself legs? Or the transformation have to resemble the original body?
    We don't see ninjas turn to animals, for example.
    Well here is the thing about the mechanics of how jutsu work:

in addition to the five elemental natures, there is the yin release and yang release natures. these two natures are also universal. yin release is used in genjutsu because it controls imagination. and due to yang's physicality people like the akimichi use it to increase their size, so to me, its also the chakra used for taijutsu in general.

what do you get when you combine yin and yang? Ninjutsu, because your basically taking a genjutsu, an illusion that doesn't exist, and adding yang chakra that gives that form and physicality. thus every ninjutsu can said to be imagination made real.

thus when you use transformation jutsu- its what you imagine with yin, plus physical energy of yang. thus whatever you imagine is what you become. its classified as a ninjutsu, not a genjutsu. because ninjutsu, affect the physical world.

and again, Naruto became a giant windmill shuriken that was thrown by Sasuke in Land of Waves arc. I can look it up for you if you want, but turning into an object is pretty much anything but resembling the original body.

while Kiba used a variation of the jutsu, a transformation on his DOG to turn Akamaru into HIMSELF during combat against Naruto in the Chuunin Exams. why would Kiba do this? Naruto isn't in a situation where he can be deceived by Akamaru's disguise, the deception and confusion value is limited and pretty much worthless in a duel where your foe knows both things coming after him are enemies and thus know that taking out either of them is a good outcome, and the dog will reveal that he is a dog through his actions anyways. the only explanation is that transformation jutsu somehow enhances Akamarus combat abilities for it be worth using.

so technically yes, Usagi COULD use the technique to have legs. it would just be a drain on her chakra constantly maintaining it.

and technically yes, a person can transform into an animal. sure it never happens with transformation jutsu, but the reverse does and if Naruto can become a giant wind shuriken that is then picked up and thrown, and still be alive to like, transform back, why not turn into an animal?

furthermore, if something like shadow clone can just make an entire temporary clone of you, completely physical and able to do things just like you, a complete person that does all the things any other human do, why wouldn't transformation be able to temporarily make a different body structure physical as well? its the same principle just on a smaller scale.

and even the elemental natures themselves aren't really outside the mechanics of yin and yang in yin-yang occult mysticism, the elements are just different combinations of these two forces, with one or the other being more prevalent in some manner so its all bound by the same "yin imagination + yang physicality" logic. going by that , the only reason anyone has an affinity over one element or the other is because of their own internal balance of yin and yang aligning with it. so if ninjutsu can do all these other things, why wouldn't it be able to make transformation an actual physical thing? and yang chakra alone like, makes chojis punches bigger.

the only downside of course is that your chakra is limited and you can easily poof out of if your concentration is disrupted. and that you probably need to like, really master transformation jutsu to its fullest to like, transform into some crazy combat form that you just maintain with pure will power while fighting someone, or just plain make a jutsu derived FROM it that does that, but takes more chakra to use even though its sturdier.

and in case your wondering why no one thought to use such an incredibly awesome super-useful jutsu to become anything even physically more than they did.....don't worry, the rest of the community who analyzed it has wondered the same thing for years. The real answer like most any shonen anime is "plot holes/author didn't think of it".

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

It remind me, many Harry Potter discussions.

Oh.
    The whole concept of Usagi is in danger.

Hmmm could Shuriken Naruto move, without Sasuke throwing him?

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

It remind me, many Harry Potter discussions.

Oh.
    The whole concept of Usagi is in danger.

Hmmm could Shuriken Naruto move, without Sasuke throwing him?
    Well at the same time, if you could really just heal up your limbs with transformation, why would anyone develop medical jutsu? there has got to be some downside. I doubt most ninja would consider the benefits worth it. I mean, Orochimaru lost his arms remember? and thats more important than legs for ninja, because of the hand signs he had Kabuto who in theory could probably transformation Orochimaru into someone with workable hands every time he needed that, but apparently they never did that so its probably not a good idea.
    oh and Naruto and Sasuke each lost an arm in their final battle, yet....they don't transform out of it either, despite Sasuke mastering one handed-seals and each one having like, half of all the greatest powers in the entire Naruto world. heck, the entire point of Kyuubi chakra is that it can regenerate Naruto, the entire point of Ninshuu and Hagoromos chakra is that one of its abilities is to straight up heal people, Tsunade, the greatest medic nin alive and her student Sakura who is her greatest successor are also there to heal him, and they both know full well Hashirama cells can pull off regeneration feats, which Orochimaru somehow has access to as well as Kabuto who both have this snake rejuvenation ability that brings them back from death good as new, yet despite having 4 or 5 different ways to solve having only one arm they never bother.
    oh and if people like Sasori exist, one can just make puppet prosthetics to give people arms to use, and therefore legs. basically, we'll need to hard ignore solutions like that for certain character concepts to work. thats just the universal problem one get when one tries to mix infirm characters with fantasy worlds with things like easy healing or whatever, you have to ignore some things for it to work and be relatable.

No. We didn't see him move, and if he is truly physically a shuriken well....he probably shouldn't be able to.

personally I would just Usagi the unique narrative trait of:

Incurable Leglessness:
    For some reason, your legs are gone and cannot be cured of leglessness. Chakra path ways in what remains are so screwed up, you can't channel them to make new ones through transformation, no puppeteer can link them up, no medic nin can truly put them aright, and no amount of weird godlike regeneration works. It is a mystery why, but one that few if any care to solve.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm. It is a soluation.
    It could also be explained with the summoning she screwed up.
    Dimensional travel stuff.
    Mysteriouse fairy-ish beast realm stuff.

As for Orichamaru, Naruto and Sasuke...

I think it.might be nerve thing. Like, you can create limbsz but they will be just pieces of bone and flash.

In Orichamru's case it actually might be similiar tk Usagi's case: The Death God has killed the soul of his arms. So he need a whole new body, nothing can heal that. (This actually inspired me, for some Tromnonicon spells long time ago)

Make sense?

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Cool, sorry I made you worry for your character and that we could solve that.

anyways heres what I got for Iwagakure so far, but for some reason I'm not satisfied with it:

Spoiler: Alt Iwagakure
    Show

North of the dunes and desert winds, west of all else, lies the Land of Stone and within, Iwagakure. A different desolation greets one here than the one in the Land of Wind: the dirt is tough, rocks are everywhere, cliffs and mesas tower above, rivers open up into canyons, the plants are hardy and just edible enough to eat, the days are cold and the nights are colder. The people here match the landscape in temperament, being stubborn, hardy and abrasive. Economically speaking, Iwa has always been almost as resource-poor as Suna, both their desolate lands giving them little to utilize. However the difference is that Iwa's climate allows for a steady stable source of food and water, and thus their economy is similarly stable to a degree. They also mine iron from its cliffs and hills, work in block-like factories, but such endeavors can result in company towns, yet even then, local business often persist out of sheer stubborn will to be independent.
    Their cities aren't as glamorous as Lightnings or Fire's, and many people here are conservative in their outlook, holding strongly to the kami of the land and the ancestors in their beliefs. They only do what they know works and are slow to adopt new ideas. Family is important to them, being together is important to them, and while it allows them to enjoy things together, it also causes them to shun outsiders and loners. Iwagakure is distrustful of any who come into its nation, and thus its travel laws its the hardest nation to get into, even just for a vacation. Not that most people would even bother to go there for that. The people of Stone believe such measures necessary to keep their cultural identity intact and independent, fiercely proud of their heritage, often calling anyone from the east a “Softlander” while calling anyone from the land of wind “no good sandies”.
    Of course, the Land of Stone's mindset has an elitist bent, and many of them have a “No True Stonelander” mindset to them, yet no one seems to quite live up to the Stonelander ideal in all things.

Indeed, the rivalry between Wind and Stone because of their shared lack of resources is well known. They often have fought over the same lands to try and get more food and power than the other and the repeated conflicts have deepened their enmity to a seemingly unending feud. However Iwa seems to care more about it than Suna. Some Iwa nin still hold grudges at Kirigakure for killing one of their Tsuchikage during the Second Ninja War. Iwagakure is known for its long grudges and the patience of which they will pay it back. The village is known as “The Stubborn Bull” and has been to charge into wars against superior foes despite the danger, particularly with a tendency to attack Konoha for having more arable, verdant land, attempting to get some of it so they can farm it themselves.

Most Iwa Nin have earth affinity and thus reshape the environment to better defend themselves and give them the advantage in any land-based confrontation. This is the advantage that gives the edge enough to actually afford to fight wars with other powerful shinobi nations, constantly controlling the situation to make sure that they isolate their targets and keep the upper hand. Being far away from any naval power, while they have Water users, they don't consider them all that valuable in combat since Earth counters water and thus send forth as spies to other nations. Fire jutsu users are valued for their ability to burn down forests that other ninja tend to hide in, Lightning jutsu users and Wind users are the rarest but counter Earth's weakness to lightning.

Another feature of Iwagakure, is their Explosion Corps. Their name says it all: they are a division of Iwa specializing in blowing everything they can up, reasoning that when all else fails, a big enough explosion will kill anything. The younger members tend to start out as crazy bomb-wielding maniacs and suicide bombers sent out to die, and if they survive their first few missions attempting to deliberately kill them with their own explosives and thus demonstrate their ability to handle these things competently, they start their training and membership for real and eventually mellow out into experienced, disciplined tactical commandos who are utterly terrifying to face and are often sent as elite jounin to destroy strategical targets that change the course of entire battles.

The ninja of Iwa, while not intentionally fed propaganda, have a prejudiced view of other villages and nations. The underlying opinion seems to be that everyone just “knows” that other nations are this or that and that they “know” Iwagakure is the best nation, clearly. That other nations are simply lesser than them and that they will stand strong and immovable against anything. However their focus on cliques, group think and shunning outsiders has caused both of their Jinchuuriki too often run away from Iwa because they feel like unwelcome outcastes in their own nation and go missing nin and Iwa is the one that most often has to bring their Jinchuuriki or Tailed beasts back while fending off other nin trying to snatch them up.

Iwa however does research into Kekkei Toutas. Dust Release, being the only known Kekkei Touta in the world, is valuable and precious to them, one of their greatest weapons against other nations, but that doesn't stop Iwa from trying to create other theoretical Kekkei Toutas to try and gain even more and advantage with such powerful abilities. While more traditional Iwa nin see this as unnatural and against the kamis, many others pursue this research regardless to try and strengthen Iwa even more. Iwa is simply full of experiments to try and combine three elements together to become stronger, and has led to many kinjutsu and unique examples of missing nin in the past.

The nobility of Iwa of course, carry grudges against each other over generations. Many still seek to arrange each others deaths over a feud that started generations ago while having polite conversation in public, but arguments have often been known to break out due to the cultures stubborn nature. Indeed, Iwa has been known for being simultaneously being very rowdy, argumentative and rude yet also polite in ways that other nations can't wrap their head around. They are patient in their revenge however, while the nation is a stubborn bull, the bull only charges when it feels its right to charge. Indeed, Iwa thinks of itself as a big quarrelsome family that might fight sometimes but always works together in the end. This is only partially true, the truth is that their nobility never stopped scheming against one another after the warring states period ended. The clans of Iwa hate each other as much as Iwa hates the other ninja nations. It is said that when an Iwa-Nin feuds, it lasts as long as the mountains themselves and that ones distant descendants will still be dealing with it. They believe that revenge is a dish best served cold and they will wait no matter how long for it.

Indeed, the other nations see Iwa as stuck in the past, isolationist and backwards. Even the noble clans of other shinobi nations see them as too stuck up and traditional. Many of their clans employ things similar to the caged bird seal on their branch families, they hold the “shinobis are weapons mentality” the most, do not care for peace, and cultivate and environment of paranoia and constant preparation.
    Unfortunately corruption, nepotism and so on is rampant in Iwagakure's old crumbling system and ninja with bloodlines are silently promoted and favored over competent ninja from civilian backgrounds. The jounin rank is almost entirely formed of noble clan ninja while Chuunin are almost all civilian born, and sometimes people are surprised by Chuunin suddenly pulling off feats far beyond their rank, to the point where some people speak more fearfully of “Iwa's Elite Chuunin” than their Jounin while sometimes encountering noble-blooded jounin that are spoiled fops and jokes who practically bribed their way to their position.

Crime in the Land of Stone takes the form of smugglers using the cliffs and caves to hide various stolen goods, missing nin who left the village because of its backwards ways, small cults of Jashin popping up to try convert people to its worship, in addition there are some strange things happening out among the rocks and people say there are spirits and ghosts haunting their small towns but most ninja don't believe them. Conspiracy theorists say that aliens are doing it but no one believes them either. Its big cities however despite the traditionalism of the nation, are places where many traditions are broken, where foreigners dwell in the foreign districts that are shunned, where peaceful protests and movements to change the nation from within are held, where people are angry about the economic stagnancy of the Land of Stone, and people go to black markets to get foreign goods they normally can't buy. However there is also an extremist groups rising to champion things like complete economic equality or to wipe out all foreigners and even other nations for the supremacy of Iwa.

The current Tsuchikage is the third one and meets with his Jounin every once a year for them to ask if it is time to get their revenge upon the other shinobi nations as they have done for every year since the dawn of Iwagakure, as almost every year he replies “Not today.” and patiently waits for the time to strike upon his enemies. However said Tsuchikage is getting really old and there is no clear successor in his eyes for him to name.

Bloodlines:
    1- Dust Release (Kekkei Touta)
    2- Mud Release
    3- Explosion Release
    4- Steel Release

Summoning Pacts:
    Ox
    Buzzard
    Coyote
    Horse

Forbidden Jutsu:

like its supposed to be all traditional, hateful of everyone else, stubborn yet patient and so on, with the unique thing about the village being the one Kekkei Touta they have, but I feel as if there is something missing? I dunno, I hope its good because Iwa has always been a bit odd to place, because we know a relatively good amount about Kiri and Suna, we got some stuff about Kumo, but Iwa seems to be the least explored of all, like apparently Deidara the crazy clay bomber is from Iwa? but his jutsu is a forbidden one because apparently having mouths on your hands is creepy and thats enough to be a forbidden jutsu.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-10-19 at 10:55 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm. I think we can add the opposite quality from the Wind- their words are marked in stone.
    Ghost stories are popular because
    https://coub.com/view/fgmsc
    Honesty and the way the sacre promises, make them very trust worthy, which is actually good for buisness.
    The Wind people view them as foolish, and they view the wind people as corrupted bastards.
    Also, many times mountain civilizations are herders and/or hunters.
    I can also imagine them more connected to the nature, and maybe have tradional speciality around this.
    Also, I don't think they would have a very devolped nobility- usually nobility in the feuadlic sense based on farmers.
    I think maybe they would be led by shamans and priests?
    I imagine for them Aibu astetic-
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...3gha_y4o4mml1E

(It's a mountain tribes from Japan... more ancient then the japanese.)
    Anime examples
    https://i.pinimg.com/474x/9f/7e/d9/9...nner-child.jpg

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20111201224156

https://hdwallpapers.cat/wallpaper/h...anime-6OK6.jpg

You know, they were driven off, by the japanese. Maybe, they actually remains from an ancient people, and have actually a good historical reason to mistrust forigeners.

Also maybe they are allied with the https://shamanking.fandom.com/wiki/Koropokkuru
    Fairy-ish like people.

I mean.. many times in media, it shown like.
    "Oh, those goofy people cling to silly customs. How barbaric'

But, usually there are benefits from such view. And I think we can give them druidic/shamanic edge, and so give them their own spin.

Just an idea.

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Y'know, that helps, that really does, because I was unfocused, and Iwa having Ainu links is a good thought. as for shamans....

well that just screams "animal users and summoners galore". and like remember Jashin? imagine that, but with gods that aren't evil (Jashin literally means "Evil God"). so you have both Ainu worshippers and shinto worshippers of various kami and kamuy, like say.... people who focus on Amaterasu worship getting something involving the sun. would fit in with what I have planned for Amatsu-Mikaboshi and shikigamis.

probably gonna have to make an Iwa 2.0 of that.... however the explosion corps is canon and the kekkei touta experiments is something to keep.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it doesn't neglet each other.
    It's a lot about nuances. In order to defend their way of life, they have to devolp. And sometimes history is random.
    Maybe they simply grew to like explosions. Maybe the elderly dislike it.
    And I am huge geek of world buidlings, so it's my pleasure.

------
    My previouse Avater