New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    all I can say on it, is that its not senjutsu or tailed beast chakra. its something new. so there is something interesting to him, even if its not him as a person itself.
    Yeah, but since it's purple and Oni shaped, expect Senko to draw the obvious parallel.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

about your thunders- they are supposed to be the students of the first Ottokage- they were probably badass even before him, he wouldn't pick completly random people, but I think there shoud be some relationship to him and each other.

About chunnin exams- I actually had an idea for pre-chunin exams in Ottokagure to decide who to send.
    But those pre-chunin exams are party games designed by Nozojo- he want to do a party for the Hope Generation- the fact the party is also an exam would be a secret.

Also, there I plan the conclusion of Futiity-san's storyline.

Many ooc's 'spoilers' but this how it goes in this type of roleplay.

I can change my plans if you dislike it for whatever reason.

- - - Updated - - -

ah, Raziere-
    For Ameoku's arc, Kaguyas are the first?
    And sorry, I will eventually read all the characters...
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #873
    Titan in the Playground

1. Yeah your right Igor, I should've added in some relationship with the First Otokage, thing is I should probably age him up a little since the timeline right now is that Samayo would be some great prodigy recruited at age 6, trained for ten years then has had twelve years to grow even more powerful. so it does make sense in canon Itachi has a similar timeline, but it does need some clarification and fleshing out.

2. cool, I work with that, my plans are more about "how am I going to eliminate enough Genin to make this manageable while giving enough focus to them so that they're all interesting?" my hope is to use the Chuunin Exams as a plot generator of sorts: what results from it will in some way inform and point the way to the next plot/mission/story we do. to try and naturally grow a plot from the interactions with the characters introduced.

3. oh do not worry about reading all of the Konoha Genin at once. there are 12 of them. not even all of them are going to make it to final rounds. the Exams are honestly going to be all about making things as stiff and unfair as I can make it.

so here is the next three:

Emi Azami
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 4 feet
    Weight: 143 pounds
    Species: Human
    Station: Leaf Genin

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has brown hair done in a pony tail, dark green eyes, grey coat, and green cargo pants.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Emi is a compassionate girl who wants to heal people, helping out whenever she can to make sure people living another day and rescuing them from danger. She is also determined to bring her village back to life no matter what, and willing to do anything to make sure it happens, no matter what she has to do.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Emi was once a normal girl, living in a normal village. However one day she went out into the forest to gather berries for her mothers recipe. After a few hours she returned to see her entire village dead-but not because of anything human related. The nearby dam had burst and flooded everything, she had only survived because she had been at higher elevation picking berries. Everyone she knew had been struck down not by humanity but by the cruel hand of nature. She had no one to blame, no one to seek revenge on and no one to help her through it.

The Konoha ninja arrived and managed to rescue her from dying in the wilderness, and took her back to village to be raised at an orphanage. She decided that she would become a ninja to learn medical jutsu so that she can save lives. But she wanted more than that. She wanted her village, her family back. She wants to discover the power of resurrection, reasoning that nature and its natural cycles should be overthrown. So she threw herself into her medical jutsu discoveries and became a talented rising star from nowhere in the field, obsessed with finding a way to bring back people from the dead.

Her skill and fervor managed to the eye of a scientist and jonin who began teaching her and grooming her to be the next Snake Sage. Her hopes is that if she can learn enough, she can achieve her goal and conquer death itself.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: C-Rank
    Medical Ninjutsu: C-Rank
    Genjutsu: C-Rank
    Drug/Poison Expertise: C-Rank

Mystical Palm Technique: C-Rank
    Can heal others wounds with her palms

Medical Nin Super-Strength: C-Rank
    Emi is a lot stronger than your average Genin and can do physical feats with her physical body because of her medic nin's expertise, effectively adding it her Taijutsu to do things at a B-Rank level.

Chakra Scalpel Jutsu: C-Rank
    Emi can infuse her scalpels, needles or palms with chakra to make them incredibly sharp and dangerous

Minor Reanimation Jutsu: C-Rank
    Emi's own invented jutsu uses a combination of yin chakra and medical techniques to create a simple mind that obeys her orders and is placed in a dead body, animating it to fight for her. She often carries around dead animals and cadavers in scrolls for this purpose.

Corpse Gas Explosion: C-Rank
    This just makes one of Emi's corpses explode with poison gas of some effect or other as an attack on someone else

Paralyze Serum: C-Rank
    A serum that she can deliver by needle or corpse explosion to paralyze the foe for a few minutes

False Strength Serum: C-Rank
    A serum that can strengthen an ally or undead's Taijutsu for a few minutes so they fight at C-Rank Power

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anything you can't fit to the brackets above, such as equipment or property your character owns.

Kokite Aburame
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 4ft
    Weight: 140pds
    Species: Human?
    Station: Bug-Infested Genin

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has brown hair, sunglasses covering her eyes, teal coat covering her mouth, tan pants. Kikaichu crawl all over her skin and within her clothes

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seemingly emotionless and/or stoic as any other Aburame clan member, she secretly desires to unite the whole world in a hivemind because she doesn't understand, social cues or society in general. She understands bugs and their systems better than any human and feels isolated and alienated from everyone else as a result.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kokite never understood humanity. Socially, politically, morally....she doesn't understand at all.
    Growing up in the Aburame clan, they attempt to emulate a collectivist eusocial society as much as they can. Everyone knows their place: females reproduce but males help raise the children. While emotion is there, it takes a far back seat to logic and stoicism. The collective comes first always. Everyone is united, everyone works together, everyone discusses things reasonably.

In contrast, the other kids always ignored her, gathered into competing factions, argued over meaningless things like their dreams or how others have it better, or meaningless opinions about this or that. Looking wider, adults were no better, dividing themselves into factions called nations, villages and towns, hating each other for having different geographic locations, fighting wars and so on. It made her bitter. The rest of the clan didn't really understand it either. Humans were illogical, stupid and prone to stupid competition, they taught her. Just get used to it, its not something one can do anything about.

But she decided: No. She will do something about this. Clearly the whole world needs to be forced into compliance. To be organized like a kikaichu swarm. Humans are biological beings after all. There must be some way to manipulate them into being more obedient animals. Evolution after all is not as good as what genetic engineering could possibly accomplish. Either that or she could go for a hivemind. One mind for the whole world, operating all bodies on it in synchronicity. The idea is beautiful to her. Just like the bugs she understand more than people. Just the thought of submerging her mind into a vast mind uniting all sapient beings into one to feel an existential closeness with all life so as to embrace the universal swarm... she can think of no greater expression of peace.

So she watches, waits and tries to figure out how to accomplish her goals in secret. After all, she can't let anyone know, and they would never agree to it. She will have to force it. On all of them. It will all be worth it, they'll see when they are apart of the hivemind. They'll all see.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kikaichu Swarm: C-Rank
    Genjutsu Defense: C-Rank

Academy three Jutsu, wall walking, water walking

Beneath Notice:
    Like all Aburame, she naturally fades into the background making her hard to notice, while this makes it harder for people to pay attention to her, it assists in stealth making her able to sneak around many places without people paying much attention.

Kikaichu Swarm: C-Rank
    Like every Aburame she keeps a swarm of kikaichu in her coat that she can manipulate to attack people, drain their chakra, track them using one of the beetles, using them to jam the senses of other sensor type ninja, and other such tricks. The exist in symbiosis, the Aburame able to command the bugs in exchange for feeding them chakra.

Insect Clone Jutsu: B-Rank
    Can form up to one clone out of Kikaichu to help her out in battle.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anything you can't fit to the brackets above, such as equipment or property your character owns.

Shioko Uzumaki
    Spoiler
    Show

Weight: 130 pounds
    Station: Uzumaki Clan Heiress

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has the red hair of the Uzumaki done in a long side ponytail, blue eyes, wearing red glasses over them and wearing blue qipao, dark blue pants and sandals.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raised to be the clans future matriarch, Shioko has been taught to be responsible which in a clan of scientists means being factually correct, disciplined, and knowledgeable. Unfortunately this has made her arrogant, prone to nitpicking, an obsession with being right and getting salty when she isn't. This doesn't stop her from her own oddities, they're just expressed in different ways. Nor does this mean she is dispassionate, in fact she often expresses her anger more often than Kitsuki and wields it like a tool to get her goals done. She prefers everything being organized and dislikes it when things are messy. She will make every effort to act dignified in any situation, keep to her schedule, correct people on their grammar, as well as point out anything that is factually or logically incorrect. She will argue about anything simply for the sake of being right rather than caring any specific topic itself.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shioko as the clan heiress of the Uzumakis has been taught since a young age to be responsible. She is to be the future leader of the clan after all, and probably the person who will make sure the Kyuubi is sealed into the next jinchuuriki after Kitsuki. Her parents are both alive and expect great things from her. She excels in her scholarly studies and her fuinjutsu capabilities, learning the Uzumaki Sealing style at a rapid pace, able to create them without any paper or ink at all, but with pure Chakra because Uzumakis possess so much of it. While she was the best at taijutsu, it didn't impact her grades all that much.

She looks at her cousin Kitsuki and sees a foolish girl who is constantly goofing off, wasting her time on dreams and having friends. Shioko on the other hand has responsibilities, knowledge and her future as clan head to consider. She has no time for a dream when she needs to keep herself informed about all the developments of fuinjutsu in her clan, learn how to manage their finances, learn how to secure funding for this or that and so on. Someone has to make sure this clan of irresponsible scientists and jutsu engineers stays afloat someday and that someone, and she was born to be that person, according to her clan. People are born to fulfill certain roles, that is simply how it works, why disobey the rules?

Of course this focus on studies and responsibilities made the rest of the class in the academy see her as a stick in the mud, unfun and not worth becoming friends with. Mostly because she is unfun and a stick in the mud. One of her favorite past times is pointing out plot holes in whatever story she decides to read, and she frequently corrected everyone around her on everything during class. Sometimes even the teachers. However in her own clan, she isn't regarded as real innovative or creative. She is more looked upon a living encyclopedia of knowledge and memory of details, who is capable of knowing and memorizing a lot of things others have done but doesn't really come up with anything herself. She form plans and tactics just as well as anyone else, and constantly prepares for contingency plans and bad situations, but her ability to think outside the box seems to be limited.

She is now become a Genin and is undertaking missions as his her job to do so.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: D Rank
    Genjutsu Defense: C Rank
    Fuinjutsu: B-Rank

Basics: all basic academy three, explosive tag, water walking, tree walking

“Well, Actually...”:
    She is obsessed with being factually technically correct and thus will point out anything wrong and arrogantly lecture people about it to psychologically mess with them.

Chakra Chains: C-Rank
    The unique Uzumaki Clan jutsu, Shioko can conjure up to two chakra chains for various purposes such whipping, binding, grabbing and sealing, and can place seals through the chains

Storage Seals, C-Rank
    Has various storage scrolls to use to pull out any equipment she needs.

Uzumaki Sealing Style: B-rank
    Unlike most fuinjutsu users, Uzumaki don't even need ink: they form their seals out of chakra itself, with their massive stores of it they can place seals on anything with their hands alone and make seals on the fly:
    -Remote Transfer Seal:
    The user puts a seal on an object or person. This seal then allows them to channel their chakra into it, controlling objects and empowering people with them.
    -Chakra Burst Trap Seal:
    The user puts a seal on a surface that when someone touches or steps on, fires a blast of chakra like blue fire out of it as a trap, blasting them back with pure force, or when place on a person acts as a internal bomb that explodes from inside someone.
    -Chakra Friction Trap Seal:
    This trap seal when someone touches or steps on it makes the victim stick to it with an immense amount of friction.
    -Remote Sight Seal
    Can place a seal on a surface that she can use a jutsu to see and hear through like a surveillance camera
    -Draining Cursed Seal:
    This seal when place on a victim gradually drains their chakra and transfers it to the user to restore their chakra reserves and empower their jutsu
    -Paralyze Seal:
    Shioko punches someone and places a Paralyze Seal on them that when she forms a hand sign, paralyzes the person as long as she holds it.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-01-24 at 09:30 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #874

Huh.

Emi is gonna be pissed in a couple of posts.

And Asanagi... Yeah, that's child abuse. That's "kidnap and program because it's the only way to get them away from their abuser" level child abuse.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah Emi is kind of the heavy duty counterpart that has good reasons behind her, thematic weight and ask the thought provoking questions about resurrection while Takno is just the shallow jerk counterpart.

while Asanagi is my observance that many kages have kids, and while its not guaranteed they'll become kage after them, its certainly a tendency for them to follow in their footsteps. so I figured I'd ask "what if someone like Danzo Shimura had to raise a kid outside of Root because they have a clan and also their own child so he can't just hide them?" and Asanagi is what resulted. the best part is we don't know the exact moments missing, just the results. This leaves room to be filled in later that could be important to something else. and it speaks volumes about how different Asanagi is from Konohamaru, Naruto or Boruto.

now finally....

Team 7 of Konoha:
    Shouhei “Death March” Nara
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5.8 feet
    Weight: 160 pounds
    Station: Jounin, One of the Three Deadly Leaves

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He wears the usual Konoha uniform with jacket. He has black hair tied in a topknot, a goatee, bags under his eyes and an X- scar across his face.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shouhei feels a sense of revenge towards Sound village for causing the death of his comrades and will work to fulfill that revenge, but not openly- he believes revenge is a dish best served cold. However their deaths and other tragedies in his life have spurred him into being a hard worker who maximizes his clans abilities to the fullest rather than lazily using them in a minimalist manner, to point of being a strict workaholic and hard taskmaster to the people he commands and teaches. He also tends to smoke to the take edge off his constant workaholic life.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Shouhei started out as a normal lazy Nara. Thing is he grew up during the Third Ninja War. He got called to the battlefield when he was a child, the age of Genin graduation being younger. His team was regarded as odd and near useless at first: your usual lazy Nara, a Yamanaka who can only read minds, a thin as rails Akimichi could only shrink, no one expected much from them. Except their Jonin Sensei who accepted them for who they are. He encouraged them to turn their seeming weaknesses into advantages, to not let what other think of them to define them. They were regarded as outcasts but he believed what made them outcasts could also be what could make them great and that they just required the right motivation to make that happen. He made them feel like they belonged and turned them into a team. At first they were nothing but a recon team: Teiji Akimichi would shrink to hide as the scout, Rikuto Yamanaka would read minds of anyone who they captured for information and Shouhei would piece together information to best report and act upon it as well use shadows to capture their targets.

Then one day their Jonin sensei during a mission was attacked and killed by a Sound Ninja whose identity they were never able to learn. They were only Genin at the time and had to escape and report his death. They would be assigned a different one in his stead, but the hole in their hearts would remain and they vowed revenge on the Sound Village. Each them trained to utilize their talents to their maximum potential.

For Shouhei's part he stopped being lazy and became a hard working machine. He learned elements to enhance his shadows, he experimented with his familys jutsu as much as he can, he made contingencies within contingencies for his plans, he expanded his jutsu's power more and more. He even learned shadow clone jutsu to learn things remotely, but he turned it to also learn his own jutsus five times faster. And he put what he learned to good use in the war: he became a terrifying presence on the battlefield. Incensed by his loss and seeking revenge he turned battlefields into slaughterhouses as he used his shadow jutsu on armies, combining it with his clones to make people kill each other, becoming a master strategist who turned entire battles into Konoha's favor when he showed up. He became known as “Death March Nara” first for how much work he put into everything as if he always on a death march, and second for his tendency to figure out ways to control others to sometimes literally march to their own deaths. His team became known as the Konoha's Three Deadly Leaves named so for being ones who seemed to fall from their trees but turned out be powerful despite their outcast status.

But no matter how much he killed, he wasn't sated. He never learned the truth. When the war ended, the Third hokage's death only provided more fuel along with all those others killed by Sound. But he was no longer allowed to fight. His team broke up but he continued working hard as a Jonin and as Konoha's contingency planner for various situations, and trying to investigate who might've wanted his jonin sensei dead. But one day he was informed by the Hokage that his legend as the most dangerous of the Three Deadly Leaves and his skills needed to be passed on to the next generation and thus was assigned to Team 7- the team with an Uchiha, a Senju and the Uzumaki's Kyuubi Jinchuuriki. He wanted to continue his search but recognized the importance of this and thus dutifully started his new job as a Jonin Sensei himself. His revenge still simmers on the backburner and he keeps it from spilling over into dealing his Genin-no sense in screwing them up with his own wounds- but its still there, patiently waiting for his chance for it to finally be fulfilled.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: A-Rank
    Ninjutsu: A-Rank
    Genjutsu Defense: A-Rank

academy three jutsu, wall walking, water walking

“Death March Nara” Legend:
    He has contingencies within contingencies for his plans, being seemingly near unbeatable when it comes strategy and scheming. He works extra hard to make sure he has planned for everything and it makes it hard to catch him off guard.

Shadow/Smoke/Earth Clone Jutsu: A-Rank
    Can make up to five clones to fight with, depending on which kind of clone is made they can have these properties:
    Shadow: send back memories when poofed
    Earth: turn back to earth and remain a pillar for shadows
    Smoke: when killed release a smoke cloud that blocks light, thus providing a shadow.

Fire and Earth Release: A-Rank
    Fire Release: Fire Flare Jutsu:
    The user makes a flame orb in the air with his breath and maintains it place, maximizing the light it gives off. Can be released to make a fiery explosion when done. A Jutsu invented by Shouhei to maximize his shadows, he can do it as one big orb with a powerful explosion or many smaller orbs that are weaker but cover a wider area, emulating fox-fire.

Fire Release: Smoke Cloud Jutsu:
    Shouhei creates a clumped together cloud of smoke that rises into the sky and casts a shadow over the battlefield, using it to expand the range of his shadows

Earth Release: Earth Spike Pillars Jutsu:
    Shouhei with hand seals make a bunch of spike pillars burst out across the battlefield, impaling some foes but more importantly they're spaced to set up shadows for his jutsu to extend through.

Earth Release: Brick Wall Jutsu:
    Creates an Earth wall to block attacks and to create even more places to extend the shadow.

Earth Release: Hiding Like a Mole Technique
    This technique changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. This effect goes around the body (not just the hands), making it just large enough for a person to move through. The user can pinpoint where they are, despite being underground, by sensing the magnetic forces. They can also sense what is happening on the surface and use that information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. One can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy can't reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth.
    When combined with clone techniques, the user can use the clone to lure their enemies into a trap or false sense of security before launching a surprise attack from below.

Nara Hiden Shadow Jutsu:
    Yin Release: Shadow Imitation Technique: A-Rank
    The user manipulates their shadow across a surface to merge it with a target or targets' shadow. The user can stretch their shadow however they wish in order to accomplish this goal, but they are limited by their shadow's surface area; if a target can move far enough away from the Shadow Imitation's user, they are theoretically safe from it. The shadow's range can extend by moving within other shadows, someone however must have a shadow to manipulate and thus the technique cannot be used in complete darkness.

Once a user merges their shadow with a target's, the target cannot move on their own other than to talk. The only movements they are able to make are those that the user makes. Keeping a target restrained requires a great deal of chakra, making it difficult to maintain the Shadow Imitation for long periods of time. If a target is strong enough or if the user is weakened enough, targets can resist and even overpower the Shadow Imitation's control.

Shouhei is strong enough to capture entire crowds of people in his shadow and thus use it on multiple people.

Yin Release, Shadow Sewing Technique: A-Rank
    Uses shadow to attack and bind the target. Can be used needle like tendrils to pierce the skin, or to grab them. Can transformed back into Imitation after it hits if the user wills it.

Yin Release, Shadow-Neck Binding Technique: A-Rank
    Uses shadow to attack the target by choking them with a shadow hand. The closer the target is, the more more powerful the attack

Shadow Imitation Shuriken Technique: A-Rank
    Can imbue a shuriken or other held item to throw at someone's shadow to paralyze them if it hits.

Shadow Clutch Technique: A-Rank
    Can extend their shadow to capture a target's shadow and forcibly move them about without imitating their movements.

Shadow Gathering Technique: A-Rank
    transforms one shadow into various fine tentacles capable of manipulating various things and going through all small holes

Shadow Imitation Field Technique: A-Rank
    Shouhei can extend his shadow in a circle to capture multiple people around him

Combined Jutsu:
    Shadow Connection: Remote Jutsu, A-Rank
    One of the secret tricks that Shouhei has learned is the ability to use ninjutsu through the things he controls with his shadow, able to make a fireball come out of a earth pillar by transferring his chakra through that for example. He can also make other people cast jutsu either with the chakra he transfers to them through his shadow or make them expend chakra themselves, but he can only do so with jutsu he himself knows.

Secret Achilles Heel: Sleep Effects
    His workaholic tendencies has made him critically weak to things that make him fall asleep, as he is overworked and will take any opportunity to nap when no one is looking.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Gisei Senju
    Spoiler
    Show

Weight: 130 pounds
    Station: Wood Release Genin

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He has brown hair with a ponytail, tan skin, brown eyes, green jacket, light blue shirt and dark blue pants.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gisei in outwardly a caring good person, he is courageous in combat and thoughtful during discussion. He is loyal to his friends and his village, he is always up for a challenge and will defend others from evil whenever it happens. However privately he has two competing desires of peace and excitement and can't decide between them, aware that one will destroy the other. His indecision holds him back from having the determination to succeed since he can't decide on a goal to accomplish. He wonders if he is secretly a bad person for wanting something other than a peaceful world for everybody.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Gisei has always wanted to be a hero. Growing up in a clan that wants to achieve peace and happiness, you'd think that would be a perfect fit. However he grew up learning of his ancestors many heroic deeds and all the good they have done and wanted to be a hero like them, seeing them badass heroes to emulate. But as grew he realized that if peace and prosperity was actually achieved...there would be no need for heroes anymore. He listened to his clans adults talk about the ideal they are supposed to achieve and think it feels a bit boring. What is life without excitement? What is the difference between peace and boredom? Did he really want to achieve peace? Or does he just want a life of adventure with him as the hero? Does adventure and challenge have any place in a world of peace? Can he do both? Or would achieving peace ruin his dreams of being a hero forever?

These thoughts plagued him as he attended the Konoha Academy. There while he wasn't the best student, neither was he the worst and he a nice, helpful person which made him endearing to others. As long as he could go on adventure, protect the innocent and have good friends he would be satisfied. Soon he met Satomi Uchiha, one of the top students in their class. They quickly became fast friends, even if she kept beating him in their spars- he relished the challenge and it made him motivated to succeed. Satomi for her part is very chill for an Uchiha, being oddly relaxed and casual compared to most of them. One day he asked her whether she'd prefer a more peaceful world- or a more exciting one. She gave it some thought and said “A more exciting one of course. Whats life without fun? Without passion?”

The answer didn't help him as much as he thought. Would agreeing with her be selfish of him? Did the world not deserve peace after all these wars? Was his desire for excitement and adventure selfish and evil? He can't decide, as he tries to analyze the questions and cannot come up with answers. So he sets out to figure out if he desires a more peaceful world, or one more exciting, hoping he will find the answers, being assigned Team 7 with Satomi and Kitsuki. At least he will do so with his friends.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ninjutsu: C-Rank

Academy Three jutsu, Tree-Walking Jutsu, Water-Walking Jutsu

Grass Blade Jutsu: C-Rank
    The user makes grass into razor-shape blades and suddenly extend to five feet from the ground underneath the targets feet.

Wood Splinter Jutsu: C-Rank
    Makes a single sharp splinter break off a tree and shoot towards the targets head to kill them

Leaf Shuriken Jutsu: C-Rank
    Sharpens a single leaf and throws it at some like a shuriken

Vine Grab Jutsu: C-Rank
    Makes a vine grow from the ground to grab someones leg to immobilize them, but can also be used to grab someones hand to keep them from forming hand signs, or to choke their neck.

Vine Fighting Chain Jutsu: C-Rank
    Grows a vine from the ground to use as a fighting chain in combat.

Thorn Sword Jutsu: C-Rank
    Grows a sword with a thorn blade from the ground for the user to wield

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitsuki Uzumaki, Kyuubi Jinchuuriki
    Spoiler
    Show

Weight: 120 pounds
    Station: Konoha's Jinchuuriki

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has wild long red hair and blue eyes, Kitsuki wears loud colors, often a pink Qipao and magenta pants, with whisker marks on her cheeks that she hides with good ol' fashioned make up as disguise jutsu is too fragile.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kitsuki has a cheerful personality, dreaming big and wanting to go into space and explore the universe. However its unclear whether its due to nature or nurture as her family has taught her to suppress any negative emotions that she might possibly feel, and it has resulted it in being a mask she puts on convinced that she needs to keep everyone around her safe. Unfortunately the emotions she feels internally do not change and build up over long periods of time since she is not allowed to get angry, sad or stressed.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kitsuki has always compared herself to Shioko, her cousin. Shioko is the clan heiress and she is not. Instead Kitsuki is the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki, her branch family chosen to be the containers of its power so the main line is safe. Kitsuki has always known her father, Totanda Uzumaki as a drunkard too caught in his sorrows to pay much attention to her and she never knew her mother. Around five or six she started hearing the whispers of the Kyuubi in her mind and scared she told the clan about it. They told her the truth, and taught her to never let the secret slip, and to always smile through the pain. She would only be a danger to people if she gave in to negative emotions. It was in effect her life's duty to be happy no matter the situation. Furthermore they told her that the Kyuubi always lies and you should never trust anything they say, as it only desires to break out and kill the entire village- perhaps even all of humanity. Finally the clan head, Hayashida Uzumaki told that bad men might come and kidnap her for her tailed beast and convinced her to sign a summoning contract that would allow her to be summoned by him away from any one who'd try to take her.

It is easier said than done. As she gone through the ninja academy, other kids bullied her for having whiskers marks, for having poor chakra control, she sometimes would put too much power into a technique and cause a minor disaster, some of the teachers and more intelligent kids of course figured out what she was and began steering clear of her, not wanting to get close. A Jinchuuriki's life is often a tumultuous and short one and anyone who is a friend of that is likely to be caught up in it. The Kyuubi would insert comments to goad her on and manipulate her into being angry at them. Shioko of course icily ignored her in class or talked down to her about their respective duties excelling in her studies in comparison while Kitsuki struggled in everything excepted fuinjutsu, but even then she mostly used fuinjutsu for pranks and to have fun, even inventing the Slippery Seal to make other make pratfalls which made her giggle. All the while she put on a fake smile and suppressed any anger she felt to protect the vilalge around her.

Then one day she had an outburst at the teacher, complete with red chakra flowing around her and her destroying a training dummy with one punch and she was sent to detention, the next day she met Satomi and Gisei who were concerned about her. They didn't mind her and thus became her only friends. They would hang out a lot and Satomi would help with her homework to make sure she got through while Gisei would make sure she was treated better in class. Kituski could share her dream of going into space and exploring the stars with them without being laughed at for it. She was truly happy for a time, instead of fake happy. She wished this could last forever. However she had to pass the genin test to pass with them. She worked as hard she could to try and do clone jutsu, both Satomi and Gisei tried to help her as much as they can, but in the end....she couldn't produce one. But before the teacher could fail her, an Anbu suddenly appeared, whispered in the teacher's ear, the teacher went pale then the Anbu disappeared. The teacher then passed her as a “Special Genin” and handed Kitsuki her headband.

She went home confused and Shioko, who passed with flying colors scoffed and said “Well actually, your the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki, you fool of a cousin. They were never going to LET you fail. Your literally the villages super-weapon. They might as well optimize that as far as they can, no matter how little that is. What possible benefit would they even get from leaving you a civilian? At least this way you'll be well integrated into Konoha's military so you know the operations when your needed. In fact I doubt they were ever going to let you be anything but a ninja.”
    Shioko left her with that thought, Kitsuki awaited her team assignments, thinking that she wasn't going to see her friends again, but instead she was assigned to Team 7 with Satomi and Gisei. Not questioning her good luck, she keeps going knowing at least she has her friends.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: C Rank
    Genjutsu Defense: C Rank
    Fuinjutsu: C-Rank

Basics:
    Disguise Jutsu, Replacement Jutsu, Explosive Tag.

Smile Through the Pain!:
    Kitsuki was taught not to get angry no matter the circumstances. When something attempts to provoke her she can choose to smile through it and not be effected. This provides her with defense against any effect that tries to provoke her whether its genjutsu, words or infuriating situations. But doing raises her rage, and the more it builds, the worse her jinchuuriki rage will be when she finally cannot do so. Some traumatic events may make her automatically go berserk. Acts of true compassion, friendship and love may lower her rage. Logical arguments will not.

Her rage builds gradually over a long period of time and she will go into a jinchuuriki rage when dramatically appropriate which can be any numbers of tails depending on the situation. Intentional Provocation can only raise the rage once per scene or situation unless its an act that could result in automatic rages. Fighting by itself is not enough to be traumatic, but failure to win one can raise her rage.

General Traumatic Situation: Automatic Zero or One Tail Cloak
    Best Friend Dying: Automatic Two-Seven Tails Rage
    True Love Dying: Automatic Eight Tails Level Rage

Bound By Summoning Contract:
    Kitsuki is bound to be summoned by her Clan head Hayashida Uzumaki if she ever falls out of konoha hands or if he feels she is in an unsafe situation. However like all such contracts, it is possible to reverse-summon him.

Chakra Chains: C-Rank
    The unique Uzumaki Clan jutsu, at this rank one can conjure up many chakra chains for various purposes such whipping, binding, grabbing and sealing
    Overcharges:
    -Nine Chain Tails, B-Rank
    Conjures nine chains out of her back that wave about like her nine fox tails
    -Unlimited Chain Works, A/S-Rank
    Conjures seemingly unlimited chains to attack someone with, fill up the entire area with nothing but chakra chains to try to grab, lash or crush the opponent.

Slippery Seal:
    Kitsuki's unique seal invention, she places it on someone or surface then makes a seal, reducing friction on the surface to zero, making the person slip and fall either because their feet are slipper or because the surface underneath them is slippery as ice. Regarded as a lethal prank jutsu. Can potentially be turned around to skate across any ground as if like an ice-skater.

Uzumaki Kyuubi Jinchuuriki: Plot Rank
    As the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki and an Uzumaki, Kitsuki has a number of unique traits that make her different from most ninja. Her combination of Uzumaki heritage and Kyuubi chakra give her unbelievable amounts of chakra unmatched by anyone, but also curses her with the worst chakra control. She has a powerful regeneration ability that allows her to recover from most wounds and only increases as she accesses more kyuubi chakra.
    Her excess of chakra allows her to overcharge her techniques to achieve results most ninjas cannot, much more powerful than normal ones can do.

Furthermore her overall combat ability increases as draws on it, providing her various forms as her rage intensifies. As the most powerful jinchuuriki, she is the most dangerous. At the same time, so many tails ensures that her Tailed Beast transformation is the most gradual with the most states to got through before the beast is fully unleashed, and thus its unlikely for anyone to fight the Kyuubi at full power. These states generally aren't ones accessed in normal circumstances, but rather one that she calls upon in times of peril or great need.

Zero Tails Mode: B-Rank
    The Jinchuuriki calls upon the Fox's chakra, turning their eyes red, their nails clawklike and their teeth fanglike while red chakra swirls around them. This is an all around increase to the jinchuuriki's stats, everything rising by one rank, but of course this is concerning to anyone who knows what she is doing.

One Tail Cloak: A-Rank
    The Jinchuuriki forms a one tailed cloak of fox-shaped chakra around themselves that increases their general stats even more, making them a terrifying threat to any ninja while acting as a force field protecting them. It induces a berserk state that makes them dangerous to anyone around them, their reasoning impaired an on the edge of losing themselves to the Tailed Beast.

Two Tails or Higher: S-Rank/Plot Rank
    Past One Tails, there is not much way to measure the power of the Kyuubi, as well as their forms basically being thick red-black chakra berserker of incomplete beast appearances who are temporarily lost to the Kyuubi's influence, making anything they do or how many tails they have up to the plot, whats currently happened and what foe they are facing. Though generally only kages or similarly legendary shinobi can face these berserk rampages and come out alive.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Satomi Uchiha, Heiress of the Uchiha Clan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Satomi Uchiha
    Weight: 140 pounds
    Station: Heiress of the Uchiha Clan.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has black long straight hair done to look its spiking up in the back, dark brown or black eyes, dark clothes and jacket with the Uchiha clan symbol on the back and black sandals.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like Kimiko, Satomi is a prodigal genius and a heiress of a great clan. Like her, she wants to acquire all jutsu. However the knowledge of the Mangekyo Sharingan has given her pause in her quest, knowing that her family has personal and ethical rules against killing people to obtain it. Her family has taught her responsibility towards society and that some prices are too terrible to pay. However her ambitions clashes with her families values and wonders if she can truly accomplish what she wants within the rules.

Outwardly however she is chill and relaxed, not really caring about where people are from or about old conflicts. She is likely to take it easy most of the time, being casual with people around her.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Satomi is the heiress of the Uchiha clan. While previous generations the Uchiha clan have been ruthless, the constant success and being made the police force of Konoha have made them ethical and restrained, as each generation saw the previous actions as unacceptable for the future and therefore improved the clan from within. Thus Satomi was born with high standards to live up to, not just in skill, but in ethics as well, expected to be able to enforce the villages laws when she gets older and thus not only gets taught ninja skills, but also the intricacies of law that is expected of a police officer. However she wants learn all jutsu in the world, a burning desire for knowledge and power.

However during her academy years, a missing-nin appeared to try and kill her when she was six out of revenge for what the Uchiha did to their family during the Third Ninja War. It activated her sharingan in the life or death struggle. While it was foiled, she ended up killing the shinobi trying to kidnap her and was traumatized by it at a young age. The Uchiha Clan didn't see the problem with it- every Uchiha experienced that sooner or later, she just got it earlier than most during peace time. It was more in line with what happened during war time, so they thought nothing of it and went about teaching her be disciplined and responsible with her power, as using the sharingan is a responsibility requiring strict training for police work.

Due to her trauma, she believed that learning more jutsu would ensure she would become stronger, and sneaked beneath the Naka Shrine to learn the Uchiha's secrets and thus learned of the Mangekyo Sharingan from their tablet, but didn't like the thought of killing someone close to her to complete her quest. Especially since her friends were people like Gisei Senju or Kitsuki Uzumaki, both were friendly good people and one of them was a jinchuuriki besides.

Nevertheless she passed the academy test as the top of her class and became a genin. Now she seeks someone who understands her dream just like her and doesn't care where they are from, as while Gisei and Kitsuki are nice they wouldn't get her ambitions. While her family is constantly stressing the importance of self-restraint and holding to the rules of their police force duties to see her goals as anything but dangerous to tell them anything, especially her big brother Mojin the blind Uchiha...

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Basic Jutsu:
    Transformation Jutsu, Clone Jutsu, Replacement Jutsu, wall walking,water walking

Keen Perceptiveness:
    Satomi is an incredibly observant person and can read body language, and expressions to a incredible degree beyond most people, partly because of her sharingan but also because she was trained to by the Uchiha for police work.

The Sharingans abilities empowers her taijutsu to be greater through their perceptual abilities, she specializes in wielding a ninjato.

Fire Release: Candle Assassination Jutsu:
    Makes a small candle flame and fires it at someone at the speed of a bullet into their head, either from their own breath or from a nearby lantern.

Fire Release: Metal Heating Jutsu:
    Heats the foes weapon to make them drop it or heats their armor to set them on fire.

Fire Release: Smokescreen Jutsu
    Blasts a bunch of smoke from ones mouth to create a smokescreen.

Fire Release: Heat Blade Jutsu:
    Channels fire through her blade, heating it up to cut through anything like a hot knife.

Fire Release: Great Fireball Jutsu
    Fires a big fireball out of her mouth. Not much else to say.

Since Satomi has the Sharingan she doesn't learn genjutsu outside of it and uses the Sharingan for genjutsu exclusively.

Sharingan (First Tomoe): C-Rank
    The user gets all the following abilities when the Sharingan is awakened, which is triggered through a traumatic experience. How many Tomoe the user has simply indicates how much proficiency they have in these abilities. The maximum is three Tomoe for a normal Sharingan.

The Sharingan grants the wielder two broad abilities: the "Eye of Insight" (Dōsatsugan) and the "Eye of Hypnotism" (Saimingan) Although the abilities are not literally restricted to certain eyes, The Sharingan can only be used to its full potential when both eyes are together. Even within these two categories, there may exist several distinct though similar abilities:
    "Eye of Insight"
    1-The user can see chakra, giving it color in order to distinguish it by its composition and source. Though not as capable in this regard as the Byakugan, it can see chakra through some (but not all) obstructions and detect irregularities in a person's chakra flow, such as those caused by genjutsu influence.
    2-The user is granted incredible clarity of perception, enabling them to read lips or mimic something like pencil movements. It may even able to be see on a cellular level. In combat, this allows them to see fast-moving objects and, once fully developed, offers some amount of predictive capabilities: they can anticipate an opponent's next move based on the slightest muscle tension in their body and act accordingly to dodge or intercept. They can also read the enemy's hand seals to give them an insight of the performed technique's nature, regardless of the speed of performance, so long as the hands are not physically hidden from view. Although a Sharingan user can see these things, they also need the physical ability to actually act on the visual information. With advanced enough prowess, via eye contact, the user can even enter the target's mind to look through their memories.
    3-The user is able to copy almost any jutsu they see, memorizing ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu with near-perfect accuracy. They can then either perform that jutsu or modify it to suit their needs, as when Sasuke Uchiha bases his Lion Combo on Rock Lee's Front Lotus. Again, Sharingan users need the prerequisite abilities before they can mimic a jutsu they have seen, and for that reason they cannot, for example, reproduce kekkei genkai abilities they do not have or nature transformations they haven't learned to perform.

"Eye of Hypnotism"
    1-The user can perform what is generically called Genjutsu: Sharingan. While there are various manifestations and purposes of the ability, the better known one is to, through eye contact, suggest thoughts and actions to a target, coercing them to divulge information or act in a particular way, potentially without the target's awareness. In extreme cases, the Sharingan user can take complete control of the target's body, forcing them to do exactly as the controller wishes; this control is visually indicated by the Sharingan's design appearing in the target's eye. The Uchiha are particularly infamous for using this ability on the tailed beasts, and in fact can enter its or a jinchūriki's subconscious to more precisely control the beast's chakra. Multiple targets can be taken control of in this way, though the more divided the user's attention is, the easier it is for targets to escape this control.
    2-While not an ability per se, the Sharingan user can appear as if they are able to "see the future". First, the user must perfectly mimic every move their opponent makes and possibly their thoughts and words through careful observation. Then, they suggest an action to the opponent such as hand seals for a technique that the opponent and Sharingan user already know and copy that. With these things done, the user can complete the action even before the opponent does, possibly using the Sharingan's genjutsu to confuse or delay them.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-09-01 at 07:38 PM.

6. - Top - End - #876

Well, this is gonna be interesting.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

glad you think so.

Team 7 is my personal lock in, the one that I have actual plans for. the rest don't have teams or a specific jonin sensei yet, so they are open to suggestion about which one goes where, because I honestly have no idea for the rest.

also one last sheet for now, just because its related to Satomi:

Mojin Uchiha
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 6 feet
    Weight: 160 pounds
    Species: Blind Human
    Station: Jounin

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He looks like Jirou but with black hair, and a konoha uniform. He wears his headband over where his eyes used to be to tip off people he is blind.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

He has a stoic personality, and wants what he thinks is best for Satomi, trying to be her big brother but also being stern and trying warn her away from seeking power. He has a low opinion of the Sharingan but won't say why.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Mojin Uchiha was once a rising star of Konohagakure. He gained the Sharingan early, learned fire release in the academy, graduated the top of his class, and went on to fight all the way through the Chunin Exams to the final battle where he faced Jirou Ishikawa. There they fought, and Mojin won by unlocking his Second Tomoe Sharingan. At thirteen he unlocked the Third Tomoe when he became Jonin. All seemed bright for the this up and coming prodigy. It made him arrogant, he was competitive, a jerk to everyone around him and so convinced of his success that he smugly bragged about it to everyone nearby.

All that changed three years ago. One day he went on an investigation for the Konoha Police. He came back blind, his eyes ripped out and him refusing to say why. His demeanor had changed and he now spoke negatively of the Sharingan. People want to take him off active duty or demote him to Chuunin, but he refused and began training his other senses to the point where he regained his effectiveness and became a Jonin once more.

He is now known as the Blind Uchiha, is calmer and humbler now, but his training has gave him a different viewpoint on the world, as he perceives it through various senses people don't use. He is so good he has become a Sensor specialist, his training to make up for his disability has rendered him near immune to genjutsu. He uses them to solve various cases in the Konoha Police, tracking down suspects with his nose, detecting lies by feeling heartbeats, and so on. He also functions as a great scout for reconnaissance.

At home he now acts a strict older brother to Satomi, warning her away from seeking power and emphasizing the need for restraint and responsibility.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Genjutsu Defense: Nigh Impenetrable

Academy three basic jutsu, wall walking, water walking

Super Senses:
    Mojin being blind, has enhanced all his other senses with chakra to become an array of super-senses for various purposes, with super-hearing, super-smell, echolocation, Tremor-sense, Air-cloud Feeling to detect others with pinpoint precision and able to discern many details others do not.

Genjutsu Immunity:
    Being blind, Mojin has a complete immunity to visual based genjutsu. Sound-based genjutsu is hard to use to due to his keen ear for details and strange senses that most ninja don't have access to and thus cannot begin to attack or deceive, are similarly ineffective. This makes him outright immune to a vast majority of genjutsu if not all of them, as he has enough senses to spot that are to him, clear inconsistencies in any illusion cast upon him.

Hand Seal-less Jutsu:
    Being blind has made him focus on the fundamentals of chakra flow and its manipulation, lacking any sight to distract him manipulating chakra directly and thus does not use and seals in his jutsu.

Wind Release: Air-Caressing Jutsu,
    Mojin's jutsu that is the basis of his blind fighting style. Through his skin or hands, he extends his chakra into the air around him to feel everything around him with the air like a thousand flexible fingers or tentacles. He has this constantly on and thus can maintain it for hours upon hours, and thus detects anyone who gets within the invisible cloud he uses to feel everything around him. Its not exactly a sphere: it he can be shaped and focused in various directions as the situation calls.

Wind Release: Whirlwind Shredder Sphere
    Focuses on his cloud into a spinning shredding sphere around him, protecting him from projectiles and eviscerating anyone who is too close.

Wind Release: Drilling Tornado Tentacles
    Focuses his cloud into flexible tentacle drills of air that dig through earth and other things to inflict harm, with a longer range than his sphere attack

Fire Release: Mobile Smoke Haze
    Mixes his air with fire jutsu to cover the area around him in smoke that he can control and move with him obscuring himself but still allow him to perceive things by feeling them, granting him a massive advantage in cutting off peoples sight.

Fire Release: Flaming Corona Aura
    Turns his cloud into a flaming aura surrounding him, burning everything that he touches with it to cinders. Rarely used due to how dangerous it is.

Fire Release: Rocket Feet Jutsu
    Mojin applies fire jutsu to rocket into the air, using his other senses to see where he is going in midair, but its risky for him as if he goes too far up he won't be able to feel the ground.

Fire Release: Smoke Clone jutsu:
    Mojin can produce up to four smoke clones to help fight for him.

Wind-Fire Release: Blazing Whirlwind Technique
    Combines Wind and Fire chakra to emulate Scorch Release and create a blazing whirlwind tornado around himself or extend one as a blazing tornado tendril to attack his foes.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

thats all I honestly have done for right now, things I have not finished for Konoha:
    -sheets for the other two Deadly Leaves
    -Inuzuka Jonin detective
    -Gekateki Kaizen, aka "what if someone decided to exploit the organ transplant superpower thing?" by making artificial organs that grant people artificial kekkei genkai from what can be bio-engineered instead of copying or taking them from others.
    -Zenin Kamoshirenai aka All Might Clone/Expy complete with eventual doom
    -figuring out the Sarutobi Clan and someone closely related to the Third Hokage who will feel rage about their death
    -at least two Uzumaki fathers, one drunk, one clan head

of course, I have not touched the Hyuuga Clan partly because you guys want to do things with it and partly because I came up with so many other concepts.

other things I haven't completed or figured out:
    -Ame team leader

things I have technically completed but haven't posted for some reason:
    -Kirigakure team leader

characters I might possibly do in the future but are still incomplete or need better fleshing and planning out in my mind:
    -genin from Kusagakure
    -genin from Tanigakure
    -maybe something Yugakure I don't know, this is the least thought out one.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Titan in the Playground

I would really like to write some Ameogakure characters.

I have special personal intrest in the yamanka character- Odayama has... special connection with them

Also- thank you Raziere!

Also also- I have heard lectures about the history of japanese espinoage in the modern age...

I wonder, did any of you stumbled upon the term Soshi Ronin? Because I didn't until lately
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2020-12-21 at 06:27 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    I would really like to write some Ameogakure characters.

I have special personal intrest in the yamanka character- Odayama has... special connection with them

Also- thank you Raziere!

Also also- I have heard lectures about the history of japanese espinoage in the modern age...

I wonder, did any of you stumbled upon the term Soshi Ronin? Because I didn't until lately
    1. Which Yamanaka character, the spoiled alpha girl genin who is living out her genin days to the fullest knowing that she gets married off its all downhill from there, or creepy manipulative legend of the Deadly Leaves known as the "Traitor Smith" who worked a saboteur, infiltrator and was known for using genjutsu and manipulation to make people turn against each other or even join his side? cause the conversation will be incredibly different depending on which one you mean

2. Your welcome....for what?

3. No, I just tried to look it up on google and didn't get any results that made sense, whats a soshi ronin?

also, Kiri team leader? kiri team leader.

Hiroken Momochi
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 6ft
    Weight: 180pds
    Station: Loyal Kiri Jounin

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He wears a usual kirigakure uniform, has fair skin, spiky grey blue hair,, wears a big chain saw sword on his back, is tall.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He is loyal to Yagura because he saw what Kirigakure was before him, and his opinion is that Kirigakure was even worse before he took over. He believes in Yagura's ideology to a degree but isn't fanatic about it. He does however dislike kekkei genkai using ninja simply because he knows how bad they got towards others and considers Yagura biting back nothing but their just desserts. He holds out the hope that Yagura will get better.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hiroken saw what the Land of Water was like before Yagura took over and he doesn't want to go back. He saw what it was like, constant minor civil wars, nobility lording and abusing their status over others, constant cutthroat competition in Kiri, lower caste houses being used as sacrificial fodder white caste houses were left smelling like roses, old Water was bloody, chaotic and disorganized. In those days Kirigakure was its own worst enemy half the time.

So when he got the chance to join Yagura's revolution, get rid of all the noble bloodlines and truly unite the nation under his power as jinchuuriki he was inspired by the vision presented to him and took it. The work was bloody and horrible, but no revolution is clean. He lost friends in that conflict, whether from death or betrayal. For the first few years after it, there was uncertainty as Yagura struggled to adapt to actually ruling a nation, but he held on, wanting something to be different, something to change, for something to finally work.

Now? Kirigakure is orderly. Yagura began to improve as he saw how the resources of his nation needed to be balanced and. Sure its not a free place, but at least there is no war. The budget is balanced, the peace is kept, everyone is fed, no one angers the jinchuuriki Mizukage and his police state and everything is orderly and fair to some degree, at least to his perspective. Things aren't great, but they could be worse. He has never seen Kirigakure so unified. Sure there is corruption as always and the cutthroat competition has been channeled into a more meritocratic form rather than a feudal form, but its a work in progress. Change has to start somewhere after all, and at least this made sure everyone was pointed in one direction. The Kiri Rebels are a problem of course, but its their fault for not accepting the offer to join him and share their genetic powers with everyone else through bio-engineering.

He is not sure where this is going, but darn it he is not going back to the way things were. He can't. Maybe he is in too deep, but at least he is not some stupid kekkei-genkai wielding jerk thinking they're genetically superior to him because they have a few talents.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Genjutsu Defense: B-Rank

academy three jutsu, water walking, wall walking

Chainsaw Blade:
    Wields an oversized chainsaw sword powered his own chakra that saws through things with its teeth.

Chakra Forcefield Armor:
    A chest plate worn by the user, allow them to pure chakra into it to create a personal force field of blue chakra around them to protect them from most ninjutsu for a few minutes.

Kiri Style Water Jutsu:
    Hidden Mist Jutsu: D-rank
    can use it to hide and block dojutsu and visual genjutsu related effects.

Water Dragon Jutsu: A-Rank
    Can fire a big water dragon at people, making the dragon bite and coil around their foes.

Water Clone: A-Rank
    Can make up to five water clones at a time.

Water Life Jutsu: A-Rank
    Animates water with yang chakra to create a wide variety of life forms to attack people for the user, water being so vital to life it can take the most amount of yang animated forms of all elements.

Corrosion Water Blast: A-Rank
    Fires a powerful jet of rapidly corroding water at the foe, eating through most things as it does.

Lightning Jutsu:
    Shock Touch Jutsu: C-Rank
    The user charges their hands with electricity so they can shock people on touch to either stun or kill them, with kill requiring more chakra

Lightning Speed: C-Rank
    Increases his speed with lightning release, adding on to his Taijutsu so that moves at S-Rank speeds

Lightning Blast Jutsu: B-Rank
    Fires a powerful lightning blast the foe up to 100 feet.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #880
    Titan in the Playground

Any Yamanka..
    Unless the war veterans would hide the war happenings from their children.
    It's isn't a big deal, but I think it can be nice to expose Odayama slowly.

----

Hmm.Maybe I have written it wrong?
    About Soshi Ronin- it should be translated to 'Continent Adventurer'- when Japan started to modernize, they alredy have set their eyes on china. But for diffrent reasons didn't invested resouces to espionage.
    the army at least not. So 'private buisness' kind of espionage have risen- extremist political groups, criminals,hookers... and more or less anyone who knew a tiny bit of chinese went to china- and sold intel to the japanese military, and also made pacts with local forces and were basicly indepdent force there.
    The goverment tried to gain control over them few times but failed, as their allies within the military and fleet grew.
    They also the founders of moderns mafias in the far east..
    They were very important in the russian japanese wars, and even tried to support the revolation of 1905.

They have assinated politicans who got in their way, and eventually their faction took over japan- and whoops- WW 2.
    They were more or less bunch of shunen protagnists with facist idealogy.....

This is their thing in a nutshell
    and I feel like maybe we can narutofiy it somehow.

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

*shrug* sounds like a good concept to explore. must be a real recent history discovery they're studying if the internet hasn't picked up on it. all I got from a search are Legends of the five rings stuff (which I'm not sure if I like, that rpg is a pretty strict society, but then again opportunity for all the criticism of such a society found in the shinobi nation times like, 100) and Jstor history papers on much earlier times.

also here is an official sheet on Miho Kaguya, because its long overdue:

Miho Kaguya
    Spoiler
    Show

Weight: 140 pounds
    Station: Sound Genin

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has white short hair, red dots over her eyebrows, green eyes and wears a sleeveless red shirt so as to not poke holes in her clothes when using her jutsu at least with her arms. She wears the grey and black-cloud pants of Sound and the sound headband on her forehead, with black sandals on her feet.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miho Kaguya wants to protect her friends, family and her village. She also enjoys a challenge and a good fight however and feels like she needs to hold back against her peers. She is unaware of her true purpose to her clan, thinking of her endurance training as useful for being able to fight for long periods of time.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Miho Kaguya has always had different training than the rest of the Kaguya clan. Which is weird, she isn't the clan heiress. The clan heiress is one year old than her after all and her cousin. But some reason her entire life she got more endurance training than most kaguya and trained in the Dance of the Oak more than others. She didn't mind all that much. After all she wants to protect those around her and enjoy her battles, so why not? She wasn't going to complain about becoming a better fighter, and clearly it works because she has powerful taijutsu. Granted she isn't good at ninjutsu, so despite her great skill in taijutsu she didn't graduate with one of the highest grades, but being a Kaguya those grades are deceptive given that she fight pretty great without it.

Little does she know that the Kaguyas plan revenge on Yagura for his crimes with the Ishikawas. She is meant to be the new Jinchuuriki of the Three Tailed Beast after he dies if all goes according to plan. Then whether or not they stay in Sound or go back to Kirigakure, they will have a great amount of power in their possession. The stamina training is to make sure she is strong enough to contain the tailed beast physically when it is sealed within her.

However growing up in Sound she likes their music and culture and while she knows that her family is from Kirigakure, she herself doesn't really care about Kiri all that much; she never grew up there, she doesn't know it, therefore she doesn't care. But she does care about becoming a great ninja of the Sound village, worthy of protecting it.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: B-Rank

Academy three jutsu, wall walking, water walking

Endurance Training:
    Miho Kaguya is able to fight for longer periods of time than most, her stamina being excellent and furthermore is more durable than most because of it, making her dangerous to fight toe to toe.

Dead Bone Pulse:
    The kekkei genkai the Kaguya Clan, the one can manipulate and grow their bones from their body and empower and harden them to great effect. Its not clear how this works but its theorized that Kaguya clan's biology uses Yang chakra in a unique way unlike anyone else.

Dance of the Oak: Branch, C-Rank
    Forms hard bone gauntlets to strike with powerful blunt force.

Dance of the Willow: C-Rank
    Forms long bone spike claws to strike with slashing force

Dance of the Oak: Bark, B-Rank
    forms powerful bone armor around her body to protect her, the bones being incredibly hard and powerful, trading agility for powerful defense to become a melee juggernaut

Dance of the Cactus: Needles, C-Rank
    Shoots bone spikes from her arms as a ranged weapon, can be one direction or a cone.

Dance of the Oak: Crown, B-Rank
    Her bone helm is modified to help block visual and sound based genjutsu, raising her defense in those by one rank

Dance of the Clematis: Spinning Top Spine Whip Slaughter, B-Rank
    Miho grows a spike from her wrist, flips upside down to balance on it, grows a spine whip from one of her feet then spins rapidly to creating a whirlwind of death with her spine whip. A move she invented herself.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #882
    Titan in the Playground

It challenged my google fu skills, but I have found online sources.
    https://www.cambridge.org/core/journ...3C7AA871334DFA

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_militarism

Yeah. Maybe it doesn't work...

I mostly imagined citizens serving as informants of ninjas and stuff like that.

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

I mean you can still have citizen informants. a spy can be as simple as a merchant or other person who receives extra money from a foreign ninja in the mail and sends back coded letters while living an otherwise normal life as a citizen of a nation most of the time. they wouldn't be the highest placed person in the world so their information on some things would be oblique, vague or incomplete at best but it could still be useful.

like this sort of thing probably is better served by looking into how spy networks are set up in general, which if I recall is generally very similar to guerilla cells. (indeed the two concepts are very similar and connected, and while they don't really need each other, there is a lot of fluidity and overlap between the two in how they function: decentralized, hidden, independently operating agents, information control so that individual agents can't rat out the rest, that sort of thing) I wouldn't be surprised if Anbus and Root were the ones in charge of such activities.

Espionage tropes is probably a good starting point for our purposes. real spywork is boring, so we want something cinematic and exciting. I might have to do a writeup on this sort of thing for the Naruto world specifically as transformation jutsu in particular (and potential more advanced derivatives) would very much make infiltration and new identities much easier, its just a question of how far you can extend the disguise and what can break you out of it. though I wouldn't be surprised if normal disguises were just as important as chakra-based ones, as I'd imagine most of them would only work in the short term....

okay I looked up the transformation jutsu and its derivatives and there are things that and it and its derivatives can do that I did not know it can or somehow forgot. figuring out the true capabilities of transformation technique ALONE is going to be a bit of a big deal. apparently you can use Combination Transformation derivative to just fuse into one form temporarily with other ninja in whatever appearance you want. an entire Anbu team could theoretically, just combo-transform into a single normal merchant to infiltrate someplace like some human clown car then disperse later and out pops four Anbu to kill you from one guy. oh and this derivative B-Rank. yeah, this is going to take some figuring out.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-12-28 at 01:40 AM.

14. - Top - End - #884

A bit overdue.
    Spoiler: 神秘 Shinpi
    Show
    Name: Unknown, referred to as Shinpi
    Height: Variable
    Weight: Variable
    Species: ...Human?
    Station: Jonin, one of the Three Thunders.

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Shinpi's true appearance is unknown. When not in an incredibly convincing disguise, they are ensured in a black cloak and a blank white mask. Shinpi's apparent height and build are always different between two sightings and they have spoken with a multitude of voices.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Shinpi is a complete enigma. Nobody knows who they are or what they want. They appear to act in the best interest of the Sound village and its people, but the only motivation they've ever given for anything they do is "self-interest."

Spoiler: History
    Show
    Many generations ago, there was a clan of Ninjas who used Yin-Release to obtain information about people and Yang-Release to completely rebuild their bodies to resemble those of the people they intended to impersonate.

However, becuase people feared them for their terrifying capacity with espionage, they were wiped out long ago...

Except Shinpi claims to be of that clan.

Shinpi showed up, claiming that the victory of the people who would found the sound village was "in my best interest" and offered their services, eventually being picked as one of the First Otokage's students.

Spoiler: Story So Far,
    Show
    None

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show
    A-Rank in Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and Taijutsu.

Expert in lockpicking, safe cracking, trap finding, and so on.

C-Rank in fuinjutsu, specializing in seals and curse marks meant to serve as means of trapping or harming a spy, thief, or assassin who triggers its activation.

Capable of Silent Killing.

Is an expert in drugs and poisons

Can sense chakra.

Vocal mimicry technique: Via a combination of natural talent, years of practice, and a subtle reshaping of the vocal cords, Shinpi can perfectly imitate the voice and vocal mannerisms of anyone they hear speak three clear sentences of natural dialog.

Bodymorph Jutsu: A two-part technique. First, Shinpi augments their chakra sensing with yin release to create an extra-sensory-perception type effect to memorize the entirety of an individual, including traits that shouldn't be perceptible to the naked eye. Shinpi never forgets a face. The second is using yang release to restructure their own body on a cellular level to a perfect recreation of the body of the person they wish to interrogate. Only someone with an intimate knowledge of the subject or incredibly high level enhanced senses can tell the difference--even fingerprints and retinas match perfectly. This lasts until the technique is used again or reversed by a conscious effort of will.

Hiding in Surface Technique: Shinpi can meld and move through most surfaces.

This is normal:A genjutsu where one projects an aura of normalcy about themselves, making people ignore, rationalize away, or forget strange things the user does. Shinpi has never answered how they learned a snake-clan genjutsu without having signed the snake summoning contract.

Spoiler: Other
    Show
    Shinpi always has an implausibly large number of kunai, shuriken, and senbon on their person, all coated with a variety of drugs and poisons ranging from a mild sedative to something with effects similar to a lethal dose of pufferfish neurotoxin.

They also carry a set of high-quality lockpicks, files, skeletonic keys, crowbars, hammers, chisels, and other tools useful for breaking an entering.

In short, they're an enigmatic spy, thief, and assassin.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

Huh.
    Wierd. Cool.
    I did wondered about this.. like... Tsunade is really keeping her youth, or is it just an illusion?

Spoiler: Tha Godly Maks Of Iwagakure
    Show

The People of the land of Earth are the ,most religouse in the world. Keeping their culture since the bronze age more or less almost the same.
    (refrencing the Ainu Tribe)
    (some anime Ainu characters-
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20111201224156

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dac5e1ZXcAA2iAD.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i..._V1hQ&usqp=CAU

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...RvkuA&usqp=CAU
    those peacful people were almost anahaliated by the chakra users- running into the mountains, and obtaining the chakra as well, using their faith and tradition as focus for their trainings.
    Naturally, their connection to the gods, and their mikos and priests are the greatests.

There jutsus- usually forbidden ones, of connecting with gods, or summoninf their power.
    The ancient elders of Iwigakure has created masks- which grant the wearer a divine connection to a specific gods.

The chosen ones to bare the masks, are choen by prophecy and astrology.

the mask of Inari the white fox god of rice. In land of mountains, the ability of summoning and raising rice fields is incredible, though it drain the chakra and life span to use the mask.

the Mask Of Ebisu the god of luck and fortune. The last priestess have defected and joined other village...

(need to think of more masks...)

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #886

Tsunade was origially using a genjutsu to make herself appear younger--she actually looks much older than she is due to her regeneration technique, which stresses the body and accelerates cell division causing premature aging.

However, she seemingly got younger for real following being healed by Karin, which has all kinds of interesting implications.

Edit: In the Japanese dub of South Park, when Kenny dies in an episode they translate the "They killed Kenny. You Bastard!" line as "Kenny died. You're not human!"

This is becuase being a bastard has historically not been a big deal in Japan comped to how it was traditionally in the west, but calling someone not human is a similar sentiment.

Menko does not like Tomoe and she is expressing it as harshly as she can when she calls her inhuman.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-01-03 at 07:12 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Titan in the Playground

Tsunade looks young through a transformation technique, so yes its technically an "illusion". thing is, a transformation technique is less "illusion" and more like full on temporary transformation with physical traits and all. its just that this physical transformation somehow is easily reversible/collapsible. so all those times people use the transformation technique? actually turning into that thing or person. Yes, this means Naruto and Konohamaru has physically transformed into women multiple times. yes this means you can have transformations to turn yourself into a steel-skinned six armed being with swords for hands if your skilled enough.

according to Sasuke Restuden, the transformation technique there is learning curve to the technique: inanimate objects are hardest to transform into and users must familiarize with an objects weight and form before turning into them, in Sasuke Shinden its shown that some forms take some getting used to such as if the form is a different height, or wears different clothes, and being able to use the technique doesn't necessarily mean you can use it WELL, as how accurate you are depends on the memory/skill of the user and thus physical discrepancies can arise if the user isn't skilled at it. in short, while its a shortcut to disguising yourself and can even say fool physical detection like touch because your physically that person, you still need to be thorough and detailed about the disguise and thus for disguise is best used by an infiltrator who trains in that.

meaning, Tsunade is physically younger when she transforms, it just takes a constant upkeep of chakra to maintain, and as for being attacked, turns out the dispelling of a transformation technique is voluntary on the users part when their cover is blown, however its possible to instead make transforming into a different disguise seem like a dispelling to throw people off their true identity (for example a missing nin might take the form of a konoha nin to attack some body but when that identity is blow they may switch to being a kumo nin to try and fool you) and it seems the only reliable way to get rid of it is to knock the person out so that the transformation dissolves without someone to consciously maintain it. so Tsunade probably puts on younger form in the morning maintains her appearance throughout her entire day then dispels it when she falls asleep because it wouldn't be maintained through it anyways.

also a derived technique of the transformation technique is the transformation combination technique, which is basically fusion but with the added benefit of having a disguise. so if you suspect someone of being a spy, assassin or other agent in disguise from another village, you might want to be prepared for that person to turn out to be be four people in a single transformation suddenly jumping out to kill you/your leader/your client, and if you think an experienced powerful ninja has come alone, they probably didn't even if you've checked the whole environment around you.

so remember: a shinobi can theoretically get into your country by being smuggled in as some random object, anything and everything could possibly be four ninjas out to kill you there is no default/normal way to find this out. even if found out, there is a chance that the ninja attacking you are not showing you their real form so as to frame someone else if they fail. the only way to be sure they are who they say they are for most people is to knock them out and see if their transformation dissolves. being paranoid is a survival skill in this world, keep it sharpened, and its perfectly possible for someone of one gender to transform into the opposite one, sleep with someone without it breaking their transformation then go away without anyone being the wiser. that hot young kunoichi infiltrator who looks nice and inviting? might be a grizzled old veteran shinobi man who long ago stopped being insecure about seducing people as a woman....or is gender fluid. just saying.

thats all canon stuff.

I'm gonna say chakra sensing and some dojutsu can probably see through such disguises so....good reason for sensor type shinobi to exist, at least in our roleplay. I don't remember if there is any indication they can do so, but I don't see why I shouldn't be able to.

and basically the only thing keeping people from being eternally young forever is figuring out a source of chakra that can keep it going for that long.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground

I actually wondered about how people in fatnasy world with access to transformation will treat such things.

Hmm. BTW, are you ok with the general idea of the masks? I might also make some Ishigakure ninjas.

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #889
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah sure, I'm okay with the masks. just remember that Iwagakure does have a canon culture and ideology involving their "will of stone" and whatnot. the idea that each ninja must have solid foundation/will/bedrock of conviction or belief that they must hold themselves to get through the painful lives they live, making them more likely to stubborn hold their ground and reinforce the position they already have, both literally and figuratively.

as for treating it well...honestly it depends on the person, culture, society. lots of factors. such a thing has a ton of uses...and a ton of dangers as well. again something as flexible and powerful as transformation technique will merit a writeup all of its own as wordbuilding section because there are so many possible viewpoints you can have on it, because its so common and can be used for many different purposes. shapeshifting is kind of those things if a species had from the very start, would make society as we know it unrecognizable and if introduced later still opens up a lot of implications and differences, though it will be a bit mitigated by the fact that its restricted to shinobi-only.

20. - Top - End - #890

The Three Thunders would be the kind of people that a prospective Otokage candidate might need on their side, right?

If there are no problems with Shinpi, a scene of Shinpi approaching Jirou in order to figure out if it is in their interest to endorse Jirou might be neat?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah sure, why not? Jirou is basically touring the who's who of the village at this point. Though I'm not going to do something with him and Samayo as it'd basically be pointless. Samayo's entire schtick is not speaking much while also having this weird intuition about whether people are good or evil that is scarily accurate, so there would be nothing for them to talk about and nothing for Jirou to convince him of.

by the way, completed my jashinist duo:

Hu and Yu
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: Both 5.5 feet
    Weight: Same Weight
    Species: Two Humans
    Station: Deceased

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hu and Yu look like creepy buddhist monks with sheathed swords, with bald heads, black monk robes and grins on their faces.

Personality: They are utterly devoted Jashinists and are completely cheery and psychopathic, taking pleasure in the rituals and practices of the religion and trying to spread their beliefs.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

They are both devout Jashinists, because they are both former Ashigaru who saw the rest of their regiment die, deserted and converted to Jashinism out of fear of their own lives so they can be the predators in a world that they feel like they are prey.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Deceased, killed by Kimiko with paper bombs.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: B Rank

Jashinist Immortality: ??? Rank
    The immortality of Jashin makes one near unkillable: they still live after being being beheaded, dismembered or otherwise destroyed by physical force. Furthermore they rapidly heal from all their wounds back to full health however there are a few limitations: first of all, they still feel pain. Second, when beheaded they aren't in control of their body. Third, they can die of malnutrition/starvation.

The Curse Technique: Death Controlling Possessed Blood,
    Once the user has filled two conditions:
    -draw a symbol of Jashin on the ground and stand within it
    -ingest blood of the victim
    They establish a link with their victim, and then any injury inflicted upon them is also inflicted upon the victim they are connected to. If they are forced to step outside the circle, the victim is temporarily free from its effects.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

The wear wakizaishi on their person to fight with.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-08-11 at 07:37 AM.

22. - Top - End - #892

I'm thinking it would be best to do it as side scene during the "investigate the Jashinist's" mission, which I think we decided was next?

Becuase this mission is gonna wap up in a few posts but the scene I'm thinking works best if Senko is out of the village.

(I'm imagining that the last scene of this arc is Senko publically summoning a snake in the Sound village, declaring herself the snake sage, and crediting Jirou's mentorship for her ability to become such at such a young age)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah sure, I'm okay with the masks. just remember that Iwagakure does have a canon culture and ideology involving their "will of stone" and whatnot. the idea that each ninja must have solid foundation/will/bedrock of conviction or belief that they must hold themselves to get through the painful lives they live, making them more likely to stubborn hold their ground and reinforce the position they already have, both literally and figuratively.

as for treating it well...honestly it depends on the person, culture, society. lots of factors. such a thing has a ton of uses...and a ton of dangers as well. again something as flexible and powerful as transformation technique will merit a writeup all of its own as wordbuilding section because there are so many possible viewpoints you can have on it, because its so common and can be used for many different purposes. shapeshifting is kind of those things if a species had from the very start, would make society as we know it unrecognizable and if introduced later still opens up a lot of implications and differences, though it will be a bit mitigated by the fact that its restricted to shinobi-only.
    Well, they still do have it.
    I just wanted to give them an unique spin.
    If you don't like it, I cant drop it, just let me know before I write characters and etc.

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #894

If Kimiko is willing to talk feelings about Senko's willingness to die, that can be the next scene, otherwise, I'll end this arc with my next post.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

I mean with the Senju reveal Kimiko is kind of torn between being angry about it because she doesn't understand self-sacrifice in general and being a noble clan jerk who assumes that Senko is self-sacrificing because she is a Senju and therefore fits into the worldview she has been taught since it allows her to sort her into a known box where Senko's behavior is now seems more like an aggravating trait of a clan with a well-known relationship to her own and reputation than general stupidity going against survival instincts; she still doesn't understand it, but now she can better rationalize it as "thats just how they are".

so I dunno, my original plan was to talk about that, but its complicated by the fact she has a way to accept what Senko has done without understanding herself for all the wrong reasons, even if she is angry about it. my inner drama-seeker wants to not talk about it so as to let this potentially grow into a problem down the line, but another part wanted that apt demonstration of how her worldview is messed up and allow her to grow and learn a little from her confusion and anger being addressed. if you want that growth to happen, we can make it happen.

but if you just want to end the arc there, let it a potential point of contention that could drive a wedge between them so as to have more potential drama and conflict when appropriate down the line, I'm not complaining. I'm having fun playing this bratty unending storm of drama and emotion. I just want to make sure you are having fun as well since it can be a bit tough roleplaying with a jerk PC sometimes.

26. - Top - End - #896

I mean, I figure that this is gonna be a thing they talk about eventually, so...

Basically, would you rather do it now... Or in the middle of a climactic fight that ends in a draw as a symbolic representation of their gaining an understanding of each other's feelings of the issue.

Possibly during the third round of the Chunin Exams, where they put on an absolutely spectacular performance and get a lot of clients for the Sound village.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I mean, I figure that this is gonna be a thing they talk about eventually, so...

Basically, would you rather do it now... Or in the middle of a climactic fight that ends in a draw as a symbolic representation of their gaining an understanding of each other's feelings of the issue.

Possibly during the third round of the Chunin Exams, where they put on an absolutely spectacular performance and get a lot of clients for the Sound village.
    I mean with Kimiko, preferably the latter, but Third Round of Chuunin Exams is not something that can be realistically guaranteed. there are a LOT of characters involved in that and who knows who or what might change your mind? There is also the possibility that some other appropriate moment might come up.

28. - Top - End - #898

I mean with Kimiko, preferably the latter, but Third Round of Chuunin Exams is not something that can be realistically guaranteed. there are a LOT of characters involved in that and who knows who or what might change your mind? There is also the possibility that some other appropriate moment might come up.
    That was just an example though.

So if we save it then the next thing to do would be to end the "episode" then and set up the next one.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

Well if we're going to talk set up:
    how long between this episode and the next? because this impacts training time and how much people learn between one episode and the next.
    anything you want to do within the village before heading out on next mission?

personally I want to keep some rhythm of roleplaying them returning home and speaking to people of how the C-rank went, with Jirou wanting to speak to Senko about whether it was effective or not, things like that.

30. - Top - End - #900

Yeah, that works for me.

I can bring them back to the village next post with a summary of the trip to the Shrine to maintain the cover story going smoothly and no major problems, we can cover up any wrap-up scenes...

Maybe Senko and Jirou work to schedule a time when she can reveal herself as the snake sage to the Sound village instead of just her doing it spontaneously on getting back to the village.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks