New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Yeah, that works for me.

I can bring them back to the village next post with a summary of the trip to the Shrine to maintain the cover story going smoothly and no major problems, we can cover up any wrap-up scenes...

Maybe Senko and Jirou work to schedule a time when she can reveal herself as the snake sage to the Sound village instead of just her doing it spontaneously on getting back to the village.
    Well remember: we DO have the capability of radio shows if you want to make it public. we don't have to gather anyone, just probably like get permission to announce it or something on a certain timeslot.

and sounds good, I'll cover the message reaching Konoha and how it affects the people who care about it. which reminds me I need to work out a few things about Gekateki Kaizen, I haven't even gotten his appearance down, but he is Emi's mentor at least so he should probably be worked out.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #902
    Colossus in the Playground

I figure she'd need to prove that she had the snake summoning contract, so a demonstration would be necessary, but Senko being interviewed on a radio show could work as an initial announcement.

As for it getting to the Leaf Village: My intent is that The White Snake Sage knows exactly how Ninja can get some times and wants to give the team time to finish whatever cover story tey have and get back across the border before the LEaf Village can issue a "no sound ninja gets out of the country order."

All they're going to say is "A sound ninja is now the Snake Sage" without giving details.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

oh no, my intention is not to stop you or anything. its just going to be like....a reaction and conversation at most. slower pace Rater, remember? chill. they need to figure out what their next course of action is now that the next snake Sage thing is ruined, and that requires thought. more intrigue and shadow stuff than some immediate response.

4. - Top - End - #904

Yeah, okay.

I didn't mean to imply that as much as there being an in-universe concern about "stop them at the borders and 'talk' about it."

So, if no one has a reaction to the White Snake Sage's speech, I can just make the post of "you finish the cover mission with no issues and successfully return to the village" and we can go from there.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

I was originally intending to respond WITH my Konoha thing, but okay I'll speed up and respond with Kimiko....

6. - Top - End - #906

So, one of the things that I was thinking of early on was Senko giving herself Ice Release and then using Ice Release with her transformations to basically fill her lungs with supercooled air and then exhale it in a big gout.

I'm not imagining that she's able to do that in part becuase she's been practicing mist generation as a chakra control aid, once she manages to give herself Ice Release, but that'll be a little way off.

Like, she draws in air and then suffered it with ice element sage chakra to make a cone of freezing cold mist.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #907

Apologies for Double Post, but...

You remember how I said one of the things I'd like to maybe do is explore the concepts from Dragon Blade Chronicles, but... better? The ideas behind the game were good, but the game itself was not so good, and I'd like to try and salvage it...

What if I made a descendant of the Ryu clan, one of the only surviving members after they were nearly wiped out, who ended up in the Leaf Village more from lack of options than anything else, and have them as the third member of a team that also consists of Fudo and Benjiro.

(Since they'd be different ages, I imagine that they're either a rebuilding team or a team assembled specifically for the exam.)

I don't really have a name yet, but my basic idea is that they're not so good at ninjutsu on their own, but they have the Dragon Blade and can use the techniques that the Dragon Blade allows someone to use* and their goal is to eventually investigate their clan's origins in Mount Koryu.

They would not have the five elemental orbs, only the basic functions of the blade--It's stated that the Dragon Blade grants the ability to use all five elements and Naruto is able to use the blade to cast variants of the fireball jutsu, the earth wall jutsu, and the water postil jutsu so I figure that I could find analogous wind and lighting techniques and include the caveat that they can't use those Jutsu if they can't draw the dragon blade.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground

Sure, why not. sounds good. and if higher than normal stats, thats also perfectly fine, do whatever makes sense for the character. I myself have solidified my ideas for Tanigakure, Yugakure and Kusagakure teams.

particularly the Kusagakure sheets, the theme for this village being a lot of old traditions and stuff:

Torami Minegawa
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 4ft
    Weight: 130 pounds
    Species: Human
    Station: Kusagakure Genin

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Torami has green hair done up in a fancy old Kusa empire hairstyle, blue eyes and wears fancy robe like clothing to signify that she is of high status wherever she goes. She carries around the big golden gladius-like sword, Bladeruler sheathed on her back. When she activates her Shihaigan her eyes turn gold with a three pointed star around it.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Torami believes she has both a right and responsibility to rule all the world. She is moved by the plight of the masses and wishes to help, but also believes she is the rightful ruler because of her lineage and should enjoy the benefits of it. She tries to her live her life as as what she thinks an enlightened monarch or philosopher-shogun should be: larger than life, sophisticated, educated, inspirational, embodying all the best humanity has to offer and some of its worst to remain relatable to those under her, believing her subjects live through her joy and her sorrows. She believes she can embody the majesty of an empress and through conquer people's hearts and minds, that by leading by example she can make others follow her into a brighter future. She considers Mari a true friend of hers.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Torami activated her Shihaigan at age five, the Minegawa clan knew she was a worthy heiress. A clan directly descended from the rulers of the Old Kusa Empire and are of Indra descent, still in high standing in Kusagakure today, they see themselves as the rightful rulers of all the world. Despite being nothing but the rulers of a minor country whose glory days are long behind them in other eyes, they pride themselves on this nonetheless. Thus Torami was given their greatest artifact, passed down their line for generations: The Bladeruler, the Shogun of Swords, Emperor of All Weaponry.

From then on, her education was well-rounded, classical and exhaustive. She was taught Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, use of her Shihaigan and her blade, the arts, mathematics, science, politics, rhetoric, philosophy, of law, of noblesse oblige, that ruler ship was both her divine right and her responsibility in equal parts. That she is to be an enlightened monarch above being a mere petty tyrant or scheming politician, a true lion among the herd, strong and magnanimous, splendorous in her larger than life greatness yet protective of those under her rule. That one cannot rule with an iron fist, yet needs to be harder than a velvet glove. That to truly rule, one must be inspiring, awe-inducing, with the ability to become someone worthy of following.

All this was dizzyingly uplifting to Torami while at the same time daunting to her. Her family expected her to someday rule all the world, while all that power was desirable she knew from her own family's work in politics that it was a lot of work and responsibility despite the numerous luxuries and benefits. Her only friend was her assigned vassal and bodyguard, Mari whom she grew up with, who while provided friendship, it had certain limitations Mari had to work within due to her status as being her servant. One day when Torami was having doubts about her ability to do this, Mari sneaked her out to show her the suffering of the common people: poverty, the after-effects of war, bandits, the machinations of the yakuza in the bad part of town. After seeing that Torami suddenly became firm in her convictions: If people truly suffered so much, then it is her duty to one day rule the world to make it better for the people under her- no matter what stood in her way.

She is after all, the Inheritor of the Shihaigan the Dojutsu of Rulers, the Wielder of Bladeruler and the the Heiress of the Minegawa Clan. She must succeed.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taijutsu: C-Rank
    Ninjutsu: C-Rank
    Genjutsu: C-Rank

academy three jutsu, wall walking, water walking

Storage Scrolls:
    Has storage scrolls full of weapons.

Summon Retainer Genin: C-rank
    Torami being a Minegawa, summons the shogun of all animals: humanity in the form of her sworn retainer genin, Mari Nagai to fight with them.

Bladeruler,The Shogun of Swords: C-Rank
    A golden oversized blade with the symbols of rulers carved onto it. It has the ability to control weaponry around it for the wielder's advantage, which grows as they master its abilities more and more, with its most legendary wielders able to redirect the arrows volleys of entire armies back onto the ashigaru that fired them or make spears stab their fellow cavalry. How it controls the weapon is by applying a seal when it touches it with its blade, allowing for the control through it, with high erlevels being able to fire such chkra to apply the seals from range. However someone can use a burst of chakra to dispel the seal from their currently wielded weapon.

Weapon Redirect, C-Rank
    At this level of mastery, one can make a single weapon turn and unexpected direction or swing the wrong way to throw their opponent off guard.

Weapon Scatter Attack: C-Rank
    Tomari releases weapons from a scroll and uses the sword to throw them in cones at people.

Weapon Ambush: C-Rank
    Makes a weapon fly at someone from behind or from somewhere hidden to attack them.

Shihaigan:
    A dojutsu about commanding and dominating others, the Shihaigan is all about using powerful genjutsu to make people obey them, the people who have this dojutsu using them as pawns and slaves in their desires and machinations. The dojutsu fills the user with positive emotions as its used to subvert peoples will and the user can become addicted to dominating others minds.

Eye of Psychological Insight:
    The Shihaigan grants one insight into the persons psychology and values to better figure out how to manipulate and interact with them.

Eye of Command: C-Rank
    The Shihaigan issues a command to a foe through their stare, trying to make them do that action immediately while making them fool good that they did it and feel bad if they don't. Is stronger against clones and animated constructs

Ruler's Zen Guidance: C-Rank
    It is said those who rules best rules the least. In keeping with this principle, the Shihaigan subtly influences the actions and perceptions of those around them in slight ways to make sure they miss their attacks or overlook something they'd otherwise notice.

Sleeper Agent: C-Rank
    The Shihaigan places a genjutsu within someone that activates later in response to a condition the user specifies, making them carry out certain actions and making them feel good about it.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anything you can't fit to the brackets above, such as equipment or property your character owns.

Mari Nagai
    Spoiler
    Show

Weight: 140pds
    Species: human
    Station: Kusa Genin

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mari Nagai has tanned skin, brown hair in a ponytail, green eyes and wears gear clothes with black armor over it. She has a kusanagi blade in the form of blue-bladed katana with golden crossguard and a dark green hilt sheathed at her hip.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mari Nagai possesses undying loyalty to Torami. She is calm and disciplined, always watchful and wary of threats to her charge. When Torami is distraught or in danger she will move immediately to comfort or protect her. She thinks of the practicalities and how to best support Torami. When Torami has a bad or reckless idea she will try to dissuade her gently and politely. She will take any suggestion to not protect or be near Torami as a ploy to get her to shirk her duties and thus suspicious.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the vassal clan of Clan Minegawa, Clan Nagai has served them faithfully for generations as per Kusa tradition. Mari Nagai is the just latest in the long line o many vassals, and she was chosen to be the lifelong bodyguard of Torami Minegawa at age 6. Thus at a young age they played together, learned together, trained together, ate together. Mari became a friend and something like a sister to Torami as they did so.

So confident in her loyalty they put the Vassal Mark upon Mari at age eight, speaking of it as reward for her loyalty. After all, the Vassal Mark is only useful in those already loyal to their sworn lords and thus are rewarded to those who can use it. Her education was in bodyguarding and small unit tactics, being watchful for threats, planning for all methods of escape from a building, working security and assessing the environment wherever she goes, and so on all to make sure her charge is kept safe and protected.

However there are of course difficulties. There are things that is expected of Mari that is not expected of Torami, while Torami is expected to be her lord to command her on her whim. The relationship while friendly is unequal. Mari will always be the lesser and Torami the greater. Furthermore she must remain loyal with the Vassal Mark on: while it is no problem for Mari as they are childhood friends, the thought of the mark shocking her for disloyal thoughts doesn't sit entirely comfortably with her. She is taught that it is simply an efficient form of punishment to make sure she stays on the correct path and that as long as she remains loyal there is no problem. She knows the history of such marks, the era which they gave them out too freely led to many who less than loyal dying from the shocks so they stopped doing that- being more selective as having people die from the marks benefited nobody, not even the rulers.

At the same time she genuinely wants to help Torami- which is why she showed the suffering of the common folk below her. She doesn't know whether its from friendship, duty, loyalty or whatnot, but she wants to protect her in more ways than just physical, seeing the potential for a ruler carrying all the world on her shoulders getting weighed down and broken from the effort. Thus she wants to be there to support her through the journey and after the victory. A great ruler after all, is only good as those who serve them, and such a ruler deserves one who will do their best to take care of the details the ruler cannot. After all, if a good ruler is surrounded by bad followers, nothing good will be done. She knows that if anything were to happen to her, she'd just be replaced by some other person to be Torami's body guard who might be less competent, wouldn't have the same relationship with her, the same understanding. She was of course placed on the same team as Torami, as is tradition.

After all, one can only lead if another follows...

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Genjutsu Defense: C-Rank

academy three jutsu, wall walking, water walking

Bodyguard Training:
    Is trained in being able to identify threats, is always vigilant and has various tactics to protect her sworn lady, Torami Minegawa.

Kusanagi Blade:
    Wields an unbreakable sword that cuts through anything.

Vassal Mark:
    A traditional seal mark used in Kusagakure for centuries, the vassals are given marks that can increase their power but ensures their obedience. It is sophisticated for its time, being able to detect loyalty chakra- that chakra related to feelings of loyalty- and store it to later empower the user. If it defects disloyal thoughts towards their sworn lord, it drains that chakra and instead uses it to inflict a shock upon the wearer of the mark as punishment increasing in power proportional to the disloyalty's intensity. Though Vassal Mark is only given out as a reward to people who are already loyal to those who use them in modern Kusa, as giving it to anyone less than that tends to be a waste of time.

Loyal Vassal Transformation:
    Empowered by loyalty chakra from the user, the marked person transforms into a more powerful form, enhancing her strength, speed and durability. Mari turns into a glowing golden Shiba Inu- human hybrid form with claws and dog senses as long as she remains loyal to Torami.

Earth Release: Earth Wall Jutsu, C-Rank
    Can make a small wall to protect someone or to control the battlefield terrain.

Earth Release: Hiding Like a Mole Technique, C-Rank
    Can move through the ground and take one other person with her underneath the earth, as she is trained to protect Torami to do so.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anything you can't fit to the brackets above, such as equipment or property your character owns.

Hiraga Hikoko
    Spoiler
    Show

Weight: 140pds
    Species: Human
    Station: Eternally Penitent Genin

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She has black spikey hair bound in a headband and two tied bangs framing her face like the ninshuu users of old, wearing white garments with six black magatama to signify she is a priest of ninshuuism.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hiraga believes in ninshuuism and that she should serve the world selflessly through its precepts. She is ever vigilant of the shinobi around her. She is calm, collected and serene most of the time, but her face hardens into determination in combat. Hiraga is seeking a better solution to solving the shinobi world than the rest of her family, willing to take more drastic measures to do so, which might be taking it over, might be trying to get rid of all chakra or something else.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Formed after the fall of Old Kusa Empire at the hands the Sage of the Six Paths, The Hikoko Clan are devout Ninshuuists. However they differ the normal faith in a few ways. As ninja they reject the ban on ninjutsu and genjutsu. In its place they ascribe to a belief of penitence: That by killing others they incur a karmic debt that cannot be fully repaid in one person's lifetime. Since killing an inevitable part of the warfare and shinobi life of this world, they thus ascribe to the idea of Eternal Penitence where their entire clan must work to absolve themselves of sin through service to the world. Hiraga like all her clan was thus born penitent, inheriting all the sins of her ancestors and thus placing the duty of serving the world to better it upon to her.

She was taught taijutsu, medical jutsu and special clan techniques to punish other shinobi for their sins, and clear others from their evil influences through exorcism. That her life was a sacrifice for all the world's betterment, just as the rest of the clan's was. That with her power she was responsible for using it to improve peoples lives, more than any other ninshuuist. As ninja they are in a position to change and do things for the faith and the good of the world that more normal faithful cannot. They can stop other ninja from abusing their power, they can eliminate those that they have no choice but to eliminate, they serve their community through D-ranks like any other ninja.

However when she met a ninshuuist outside her clan the priest thought it wrong that a child must bear the sins of the ancestors, and that she should live her own life. They debated back and forth over the morality and circumstances of it, the priests saying that it was wrong no matter the circumstances while Hiraga argued back that morality nor circumstances were perfect and thus they had to accept what they could get for now, would he really have a ninja clan that didn't try to follow Hagoromo's vision at all? They could never come to a conclusion, but Hiraga stepped away with a measure of doubt, knowing that the priest had a point. Meditating on it she came to the conclusion that more drastic measures must be taken to improve things then. Passively helping the world through service and small steps would not cut it.

She got put along in the same team as Torami and Mari. Seeing their vision, she decided to help them. After all, if she could guide Torami into the right solution for the ninja world, she could implement it as a ruler...

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Genjutsu Defense: C-Rank
    Medical Jutsu: C-Rank

Yang Release: Form of Shani, C-Rank
    Revering the god of karma, justice and penitence, the Hikoko Clan takes on form reminiscent of him. They transform into a tall blue skinned, four armed version of themselves of greater power, granting them greater strength, speed and durability to others and can cast two ninjutsu at the same time.

Yang Release: Shining Fist, C-Rank
    The user focuses Yang energy into their fist to make a single powerful punch at their foe, breaking through things they normally cannot.

Mystical Palm Technique: C-Rank
    Can heal others with her jutsu, mending flesh and broken bones.

Purification Pulse Palm: C-Rank
    The Hikoko Clan seeks to purify the world of malign influences. This jutsu sends out a conical pulse of chakra that clears other people of a genjutsu or harmful chakra if it passes through.

Shinobi's Karma Net, C-Rank
    The Hikoko clan invented this jutsu to punish shinobi for their sins. This creates a capture net of chakra chains that is fired at a shinobi from their mouth, if it captures them the net shuts off their chakra network, rendering them unable to use ninjutsu or genjutsu as long as they as they are restrained within.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-01-13 at 01:55 AM.

9. - Top - End - #909

So we've got a well-meaning person raised to think she deserves to rule the world, a girl who's been conned into thinking being a slave is a good thing, and a girl raised under toxic religious believes who i in the process of becoming an extremist.

...Yeah.

This is gonna be interesting.

Is there a way to resist the effects of Blade Ruler? Becuase as written that seems like it would cripple anyone who is dependant on weapons or ninja tools.

AnwayShiroko Tatsushiro
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Shiroko Tatsushiro
    Sex/Gender: Female
    Species: Human(Ryu Clan)
    Station: Last of the Ryu Clan.
    Spoiler: Appearance
    Show
    Shiroko is a thirteen-year-old girl of average height and weight with pale skin, grey hair, red eyes, green facial markings, pointed ears, and short black horns that are somewhere between those of a goat and the antlers of a deer.

She dresses in the typical uniform of a Leaf Ninja, sans the flack jacket she has not yet earned, and with a large pendant on her hip.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Shiroko has faced scorn and discrimination all her life due to the horns and ears that mark her as a member of the Ryu Clan. She is somewhat bitter, particularly in that she was more or less forced to become a ninja of the first village that would take her to support herself, but honestly, she just wants to know if there's any truth to the legends about the Genryu that supposedly got her clan stamped out.

She doesn't yet know what she'd do if it turned out that the Genryu--a group of five dragons supposedly rivals of the tailed beasts whom had a pact with the Ryu clan--were real, but she'll figure that out after she makes a trip to her people's ancestral land at Mouth Koryu.

Spoiler: History
    Show
    Shiroko has been an orphan for as long as she can remember--the only things she had to her name for the longest time were a pendant of her clan's symbol, a large ornate knife, and a scroll of her family's legends and history.

After a lifetime of wandering from place to place, being scorned for being different, she eventually found herself in the village hidden in the leaves, where one thing led to another and se ended up a ward of the state enrolled in the academy. She holds no particular loyalty to the village, but having a bed and a paycheck is nice.

Spoiler: Story So Far
    Show
    NA

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show
    Shiroko has an unusually large reserve of potent chakra. Not enough to overpower anyone with the raw force of her chakra, but enough to control the Dragon blade, which isn't fond of wielders who are too weak.

Taijutsu: C Rank
    Kenjutsu: B Rank
    Genjutsu: E Rank
    Ninjutsu: Officially B-Rank, but D-Rank without the Dragon Blade.

Shiroko knows the basic three academy Jutsu, tree and water walking, basic elemental manipulation techniques for all five standard elements, suitable for practice only, basic non-elemental chakra flow, and the techniques granted to her by the Dragon Blade.

Dragon Blade: The Dragon Blade resembles an Ornate oversized Kunai with a handle wrapped in scales and a red tassle tied to the end The Dragon Blade in and of itself drains chakra from beings it cuts and gives it to it's wielder, resists being taken from the wielder or used by someone not of it's choice, and grants an affinity to all five standard elements. Shiroko's scroll of her family legends state that the blade has power over the Genryu and can draw power from the genryu, but she has no way of verifying this.

Shiroko can use the following techniques when wielding the Dragon Blade
    Fire Release: Fireshot: Nigh identical to the Great Fireball Jutsu
    Water Release: Water Pistol: The user regurgitates a sphere of compressed water that flies off for several yards.
    Earth Release: Mud Wall: A variation of Earth Style Wall where one conjures a trapezoidal prism of mud slightly taller than themselves from their chakra.
    Lightning Release: Lightning Burst: From her hand, the wielder throws a fist-sized ball of lightning that explodes and shocks anyone within one yard after traveling the distance of the throw.
    Wind Release: Walk Among the Birds: The wielder enhances their jumping power with a gust of wind while using similar gusts to remove moments from their descent.

These techniques can be used without hand signs, as long as Shiroko is wielding the Dragon Blade

Spoiler: Other Information
    Show
    Shiroko keeps the true nature of the dragon blade a closely guarded secret. As far as anyone but she knows, it's just a family heirloom sword or knife and her skill with all five elements and ability to do her techniques without hand signs is her own skill at ninjutsu
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-01-13 at 12:51 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, that is a big problem with Bladeruler. it was originally designed as an artifact for a Solar Exalted concept. I guess I will have to come up with something to balance it out.....hm.....perhaps when it is swung, by channeling chakra through it, it leaves a seal on things and through that seal, it controls the weaponry? so it can only control weapons that touch the blade first. still dangerous to someone who doesn't know but.....if they can figure out what the sword is before fighting her, they can recognize the danger of blocking attacks with their own weapon. and that higher mastery only allows you to fire the seal as bits of chakra that you have to dodge or they'll land on the objects? or is that still too powerful?

11. - Top - End - #911

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yeah, that is a big problem with Bladeruler. it was originally designed as an artifact for a Solar Exalted concept. I guess I will have to come up with something to balance it out.....hm.....perhaps when it is swung, by channeling chakra through it, it leaves a seal on things and through that seal, it controls the weaponry? so it can only control weapons that touch the blade first. still dangerous to someone who doesn't know but.....if they can figure out what the sword is before fighting her, they can recognize the danger of blocking attacks with their own weapon. and that higher mastery only allows you to fire the seal as bits of chakra that you have to dodge or they'll land on the objects? or is that still too powerful?
    that seems fine.

As long as there is a way to resist it, it's fine. It's just that, as initially written, it's...

Like, if she was fighting Tomoe and got Tomoe's sword that's basically an instant win.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

that seems fine.

As long as there is a way to resist it, it's fine. It's just that, as initially written, it's...

Like, if she was fighting Tomoe and got Tomoe's sword that's basically an instant win.
    Perhaps allow one to channel chakra through the current weapon wielded to dispel the mark to, just to be on the safe side.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry.
    Another very stressfull week.
    Also next week I am summoned to the reserve military force- which means I.might have all the time in the world or none...
    (17-21 of januray)

I'l priortirize to read this thread and reply on the IC.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

14. - Top - End - #914
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for the double, there a lot of retro reply to do..
    I hope tonight to get to it

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #915
    Titan in the Playground

No worries, I understand. I just came back after a power outage for entire day so I'm catching up on a few things. missed a discord roleplaying session entirely, but what can you do?

16. - Top - End - #916
    Titan in the Playground

Ok!
    Sadly,not enough time to write characters, but I have caught up with the IC.
    Ahhh..
    I wish we could have a group conversation, but alright.

So we have our next arc? I can conjure up something, also there is the pre chunin exam/finale of Futility Arc thing.

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #917
    Titan in the Playground

I mean I wanted a group conversation to, but for some reason Rater skipped past it to get straight to the village. But we could still have one at the village, I'd be willing for my characters to speak with whoever Igor wants me to about it.

18. - Top - End - #918

I mean I wanted a group conversation to, but for some reason Rater skipped past it to get straight to the village. But we could still have one at the village, I'd be willing for my characters to speak with whoever Igor wants me to about it.
    If Kimiko is willing to talk feelings about Senko's willingness to die, that can be the next scene, otherwise, I'll end this arc with my next post.
    I mean with the Senju reveal Kimiko is kind of torn between being angry about it because she doesn't understand self-sacrifice in general and being a noble clan jerk who assumes that Senko is self-sacrificing because she is a Senju and therefore fits into the worldview she has been taught since it allows her to sort her into a known box where Senko's behavior is now seems more like an aggravating trait of a clan with a well-known relationship to her own and reputation than general stupidity going against survival instincts; she still doesn't understand it, but now she can better rationalize it as "thats just how they are".

so I dunno, my original plan was to talk about that, but its complicated by the fact she has a way to accept what Senko has done without understanding herself for all the wrong reasons, even if she is angry about it. my inner drama-seeker wants to not talk about it so as to let this potentially grow into a problem down the line, but another part wanted that apt demonstration of how her worldview is messed up and allow her to grow and learn a little from her confusion and anger being addressed. if you want that growth to happen, we can make it happen.

but if you just want to end the arc there, let it a potential point of contention that could drive a wedge between them so as to have more potential drama and conflict when appropriate down the line, I'm not complaining. I'm having fun playing this bratty unending storm of drama and emotion. I just want to make sure you are having fun as well since it can be a bit tough roleplaying with a jerk PC sometimes.
    I mean, I figure that this is gonna be a thing they talk about eventually, so...

Basically, would you rather do it now... Or in the middle of a climactic fight that ends in a draw as a symbolic representation of their gaining an understanding of each other's feelings of the issue.

Possibly during the third round of the Chunin Exams, where they put on an absolutely spectacular performance and get a lot of clients for the Sound village.
    I mean with Kimiko, preferably the latter, but Third Round of Chuunin Exams is not something that can be realistically guaranteed. there are a LOT of characters involved in that and who knows who or what might change your mind? There is also the possibility that some other appropriate moment might come up.
    That was just an example though.

So if we save it then the next thing to do would be to end the "episode" then and set up the next one.
    Well if we're going to talk set up:
    how long between this episode and the next? because this impacts training time and how much people learn between one episode and the next.
    anything you want to do within the village before heading out on next mission?

personally I want to keep some rhythm of roleplaying them returning home and speaking to people of how the C-rank went, with Jirou wanting to speak to Senko about whether it was effective or not, things like that.
    We determined that talking about it would work better if it happened later.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground

We determined that talking about it would work better if it happened later.
    oh, sorry. I'll be honest, I was not considering Usagi in that calculation because a talk with Senko doesn't necessarily equate to a talk with Usagi or Odayama. Igor roleplays differently from you therefore I can't really treat the way you roleplay and the way he roleplays as similar. maybe I'm wrong but I've built up an image of you in my head of wanting to solve problems very immediately if given the chance which can kill the drama and tension, while Igor in my head is more about playing along so to speak, which isn't to say your way of roleplaying is bad or anything, its not, its just not always to my personal taste, see?

If I'm wrong, do please explain why. If I need to recalibrate my view so that its fair, please do so, I'd hate to operate on inaccurate assumptions.

Edit: Or maybe I'm wrong for doing something by making decisions for meta reasons like this?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-01-15 at 04:34 AM.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

It's ok, I can work with it.

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    It's ok, I can work with it.
    Okay, but I'm still up for whatever you want to do. I don't consider any agreement between me and Rater to apply to you and vice versa. our group is small, we don't need to do outvote bull where one person keeps losing because of majority rules.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

I am slow, so I need to play along,instead of slowing things even more..

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

I am slow, so I need to play along,instead of slowing things even more..
    Okay, if you insist.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Titan in the Playground

Also, I hope it's ok I open a subplot about Usagi being immature and baka.
    They might be killing machines- but early teen killing machines

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this works.

Also also-about Shurshuryu (the cheetah anbu and secretary)
    Oocly- my idea for her,was that she has a cursed seal which allow her to control plants and see through them.
    How ever, each use make a parasite plant to grow inside her and kill her.
    Her clones are flowers she grow.

I kept things vague, so if this idea is no no, then I can adapt.

And she basicly seeded a spy in the Kaguya household,assuming her ability is too rare for them to anticipate.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2021-01-15 at 07:15 AM.

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #925

Is Usagi following Senko to the laboratory, or looking for Senko's apartment?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Titan in the Playground

Also also-about Shurshuryu (the cheetah anbu and secretary)
    Oocly- my idea for her,was that she has a cursed seal which allow her to control plants and see through them.
    How ever, each use make a parasite plant to grow inside her and kill her.
    Her clones are flowers she grow.
    How does the seal do that though?

the reason the cursed seals make sense is because they're things that are placed on person to pump chakra into them to transform them so that they can do things, the seals don't do stuff themselves. how does the chakra get from the seal/the anbu to the plants?

like I guess the mechanics could work if it was some byzantine way of artificially making wood release, but casting it through one's eyes to temporarily transform them into an artificial dojutsu because for some reason dojutsu allows for that kind of remote control in Naruto world, but then the question is how did someone get wood release chakra, why did they decide to make a seal to artificially grant it to somebody so they can cast it through their eyes? and what went wrong to make it so that a parasite grows every time its used?

and considering that it'd be wood release, and what wood release is connected to, there is a really high chance that parasite plant is something god tree/kaguya/zetsu related. no seriously, one of the things that the Sage of the Six Paths sent his sons to do was to get rid of the remaining shards of that tree and the tree that Asura found was literally seeping its sap into the ground, so that when the people ate the food grown from that tree's land, they'd gradually start growing a parasitic root like plant in them, slowly killing them over years of time. your basically saying that someone figured out a way to replicate something like that with a seal. that is what that sounds like to me.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-01-15 at 01:19 PM.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Titan in the Playground

My idea is vague...
    It inspired by stuff like this-
    https://youtu.be/bIJbu3re8Lk

It isn't the seal alone-it more seeding a parasitic plant inside of herself.
    The curse amplify her connection to the parasite plant.

It's more an "evil" version of abroma, but parasitic plants instead of insects.
    I guess maybe fungus would work better?

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #928

Again, I need to know whether Usagi is trying to track Senko to the laboratory or trying to find her apartment in the village.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Titan in the Playground

Again, I need to know whether Usagi is trying to track Senko to the laboratory or trying to find her apartment in the village.
    probably the aprartment first.
    if there are traps she will fall into them I think

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #930

The encounter with Shinpi was not planned, I just felt it was a good time to introduce the character, but not really much else.

Don't read it as an attempt to shut this down.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks