New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

Give Igor some more time.

As for mission... I still want to do it, but I'm worried about timing, ya know?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Give Igor some more time.

As for mission... I still want to do it, but I'm worried about timing, ya know?
    Kay.

In the sense that we might not have enough time/take too long? in the sense that it might not entirely make sense that Kimiko could invent such a thing in a short amount of time? something I didn't think of?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Titan in the Playground

As I do too often in the last year, again I aplogize.
    I have reasons. But reasons are not excuses.
    I am considering to drop and release the game of my crap...
    -----

About Ameoku, she is such a character, who already been through at least partial character arc.
    At her youth, she was a complete Vegeta/Kenpachi/etc.

Nozojo had placed her in station of responsbility which matured her, and as Anbu to think in large.
    And on the long run, I imagined her to represnt another train of thought, to the more war like attitude, which in some situation could be bad idea, or a good idea.
    I guess she does believe a lie, that if she will get over, she would be much better- the worth of person is by his power.

--

Ah.. Just he somehwat look like the race of Kisame, I thought he would be fit.
    I'll give more thought
    --

Well, the pre Chunin Exams would interact with the arc of Ottomaru and the death of Nozojo.
    Everything before, it's more about exploring our main characters.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

Igor you really need to stop beating yourself up about this, it can't be healthy to constantly talk yourself down like this. sorry if I made you think your being a bother because your not. this is just.....scheduling thats all. perfectly normal. nothing dramatic.

As for Ameoku: okay? look its mostly rater that has the problem with Ameoku, I'll deal with her however you want me to.

well the guy could fit, I guess? maybe he is a rare family member who looks more fishy than others like how I'm red-headed and the rest of my family is black haired, blonde or brown haired. sorry I made you think it might be a bad idea.

as for your thoughts about things pre-chunnin exam, okay. that seems to be matching up to what we've been doing I think.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Titan in the Playground

It"'s more about commitment and trust.
    But yeah...

Wait so Kimiko's clan isn't related to Kisame's clan?

The only thing I might want to build up are more Missing Nins...
    but maybe offscreen other teams are dealing with them.

Also, for the pre chunin exam party thing,if each of you can take over some other teams characters of the Hope Generation it could be helpful.
    If you are up to it of course.
    Less important in the exames themselves more at the actual battle that will ensue.

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Titan in the Playground

Finally got around reading the fun lore stuff.
    Religion-
    I can imagine the cult of Jndra to be popular with certain Shinobis.
    Actually I can see Odokuro being member of the cult, which some of ideals fit his promise of the broken people and shinobis to force the world to listen to their sound.

Ameoku would probably sort of Madarist, while Odayama a Hashiramist, and so Nozojo to some extend.

I think the land of earth would have something more shamanic, something more like Shinto. Naturistic?

speaking of which, I would like to find a way to combine our ideas for Owagakure...

---

I was also thinking to locate the pre chunin exams at Gohansawa Castle. (The Castle of the Damiyo Of Rice. And the birth place of the Sound Ninjan Aliance)
    ---

As for the Ishikawa guy, tell me if it sound intresting to you-
    He was a very strong and talented- but also sort of selfish/induvdailist. Why to give the fruits of his hard work and talent to the village?
    So on the side, he did... private operation, and found a Yakuza gang on one of the islands, eventually becoming a missing nin.

But when the blood purges happened he made a deal with Yagura. Serving Kirigakure in secret, alongside his gang, and in exchange they won't try too hard to hunt them.
    He himself pretended to hunt them.
    He serve them, and hunt other Kekkei users for this deal
    So in short, very induvdalist guy, has sacrficed his induvdiality to protect his clan.

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #1087

Stuff from the source material.

Apparently, a Juvenile Ten-Tails can only become a God Tree if an Otsusuki is sacrificed to it, with a stronger Otsusiki resulting in a stronger tree. Someone who has been implanted with a Kama or otherwise serves as a vessel for an Otsusuki's power

If someone is not compatible with a Kama, then they'll have a seizure when the Otsusuki in question tries to resurrect themselves. Most people die, but if you survive the Kama turns white. At this point it contains the "pure essence" of the Otsusuki Clan but not the mind or soul of a specific Otsusuki, meaning that it can be used as a power source without fear of being taken over. If someone with a White Kama eats a chakra fruit, they will become a full fledged Otsusuki themselves.

Unlike a regular Kama, a Whit eKama is not destroyed if the Otsusuki who generated it is destroyed without a chance to reincarnate.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Finally got around reading the fun lore stuff.
    Religion-
    I can imagine the cult of Jndra to be popular with certain Shinobis.
    Actually I can see Odokuro being member of the cult, which some of ideals fit his promise of the broken people and shinobis to force the world to listen to their sound.

Ameoku would probably sort of Madarist, while Odayama a Hashiramist, and so Nozojo to some extend.

I think the land of earth would have something more shamanic, something more like Shinto. Naturistic?

speaking of which, I would like to find a way to combine our ideas for Owagakure...

---

I was also thinking to locate the pre chunin exams at Gohansawa Castle. (The Castle of the Damiyo Of Rice. And the birth place of the Sound Ninjan Aliance)
    ---

As for the Ishikawa guy, tell me if it sound intresting to you-
    He was a very strong and talented- but also sort of selfish/induvdailist. Why to give the fruits of his hard work and talent to the village?
    So on the side, he did... private operation, and found a Yakuza gang on one of the islands, eventually becoming a missing nin.

But when the blood purges happened he made a deal with Yagura. Serving Kirigakure in secret, alongside his gang, and in exchange they won't try too hard to hunt them.
    He himself pretended to hunt them.
    He serve them, and hunt other Kekkei users for this deal
    So in short, very induvdalist guy, has sacrficed his induvdiality to protect his clan.
    1. those all make sense. though I must remark I don't have good understanding of the culture you talked about and must research it more for the Land of Earth, and the Hashirama/Madarist philosophies are mostly supposed to be Land of Fire stances, others can hold them as beliefs of course but I imagine that such political factions matters mostly to Konoha. while the Ninshuist religion due to its focus on peace is inherently accepting and tolerant of other belief systems and the case would be no different for the Land of Earth.

2. Okay.... Does the Daimyo do all his administration work somewhere other than the castle or are we literally doing the pre-chuunin exams in one of the most realistic settings a ninja could find themselves in?

3. Okay, but I'm just going ask you now: does he have a kekkei genkai? because if he does....Yagura is against that. as in "I will kill you for being a danger to the common people just for having a kekkei genkai" against that. if he doesn't have kekkei genkai, Yagura will be fine with whatever he does. but if he does have a kekkei genkai, Yagura must not know or he will kill your character. Thats kind of person he is. he isn't an oppressive bloody dictator who obtained power by taking a populist anti-nobility stance for nothing.

like I've considered Yagura possibly working for genetic equality by wanting to capture kekkei genkai to use in a project to try and give them to everyone, but I decided to discard that idea because his entire revolution would be based on his hate and vengeance against the Kirigakure that he grew up in, so why would anything as positive or Senko-like in its logic come from that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Stuff from the source material.

Apparently, a Juvenile Ten-Tails can only become a God Tree if an Otsusuki is sacrificed to it, with a stronger Otsusiki resulting in a stronger tree. Someone who has been implanted with a Kama or otherwise serves as a vessel for an Otsusuki's power

If someone is not compatible with a Kama, then they'll have a seizure when the Otsusuki in question tries to resurrect themselves. Most people die, but if you survive the Kama turns white. At this point it contains the "pure essence" of the Otsusuki Clan but not the mind or soul of a specific Otsusuki, meaning that it can be used as a power source without fear of being taken over. If someone with a White Kama eats a chakra fruit, they will become a full fledged Otsusuki themselves.

Unlike a regular Kama, a White Kama is not destroyed if the Otsusuki who generated it is destroyed without a chance to reincarnate.
    *reads up*

I see. Hm. I'll have to think this information.

while for the Kama.....thats.....agh as highly specific and bizarre a way to gain incredible power as anything else in this universe. I swear this entire setting's power system is nothing but the anime version of playing combo decks.

For reference, Yagura's political philosophy:
    Spoiler: Yagurism:
    Show

A new ideology that has risen in the land of Water, Yagura Karatachi, the fourth Mizukage devised a new political mode of thought to rally the people around him and justify his rise to power while overthrowing the shinobi clans, samurai clans and the Daimyo.

In his ideology, Yagura denounces all kekkei genkai clans as “Danger Strains”: dangerous variants of humanity that are abusing their unfair genetic advantage to oppress and rule over others. He calls for their elimination so that society may be more egalitarian and meritocratic. He blames all the problems of the world on those with kekkei genkai, saying that their ridiculous feuding, warring and vengeance do nothing but cause more suffering. While for any one born with disabilities and disadvantages he calls for methods for them to be cured or supported so that they may as equal as anyone else, seeking ways of making prosthetics for those without limbs and trying to find ways of curing blindness.

Furthermore he calls for the standardization of wielding chakra across society to make it stronger and more fair, fully believing that power should not concentrated in a few secretive villages prone to war. He calls out Hashiramism and Ninshuuism as nothing but tools to keep the status quo safe, Madarism as nothing but to justify might makes right and oppression, and thinks the Cult of Indra as too selfish to bring about true change. The ideology further scorns companies and capitalism as greedy economic barbarians that are only applying might makes right to money. His nation is innovating and researching trying to find ways to gain a technological edge in the Fourth Shinobi War, while he conquers various minor nations to gain the resources to do so.

Furthermore his spies and shinobi spread his ideology to other nations through pamphlets, manifestos, rallies trying to subvert them from within and gain forces sympathetic or even loyal to his cause by targeting underdogs and people without genetic advantages who feel that they are looked down upon or ignored by the nobility. They spread propaganda that the clans are busy having decadent parties and spending money frivolously and taking bribes while the people toil and work, whether they are true or not, making them protest peacefully at first but gradually turning them towards more radical methods as results aren't immediately obtained.

The other nations and ideologies of course, all hate Yagurism and see it as an insidious threat trying to worm its way into peoples minds and make them turn against their nation and way of life, producing propaganda to scare them away from the ideology by feeding their paranoia and portraying Yagura as an iron fist dictator who stomps out all dissent with a secret police of Anbu. Such propaganda isn't far off from the mark.

Indeed, while he speaks of equality, Yagura rules his nation alone as a tyrant. He has set up a council to make it look democratic and promises that he will bring about a truly egalitarian world when all the danger strains are dead or dealt with, but currently he holds all the power and its not clear if he will ever achieve his goal. While some in his nation see and uphold his ideology as is, others seeing the instability of a new government only uphold it only because they think the shinobi nations need a kick in the pants no matter how horrible it is, while others already think of ways of modify the ideology this way or that way to suit their own tastes, while some simply want power for themselves and see this as their opportunity to gain it without clan bloodlines being in the way- fortunately for Yagura he keeps his grip on the position at the top through his fully realized jinchuuriki powers.

Tenets:
    -seek a more egalitarian and meritocratic society
    -eliminate the Danger Strains, they are the enemy
    -standardize the use of chakra and technology
    -spread the cause to all
    -be loyal to Yagura

9. - Top - End - #1089

The implications of the White Kama to me are...

I mean, we talked about how mixing the chakra of people descended from the Otsusuki would make them "count" as an otsusuki. Particularly if you can get Asura and Indra's chakra, or a reasonable approximation thereof.

And well... As far as we know, in canon, that's the Uchiha, the Hyuga/Moon Otsusuki, the Senju, the Uzumaki, and the Kaguya.

For the purposes of this game, we are also counting Jugo's unnamed clam due to the strong resemblance between Jugo's abilities and those of the God Trees and the Ten-Tails Jinchuriki.(and the fact that Jugo's power and the act of becoming the Ten-Tails Jinchuriki are referred to with the exact same term)

Senko already has two of those and the rest are on her "get if you can list.

And my end game for her is to obtain at least some chakra from all Nine-Tailed Beasts and achieve Six Paths Sage Mode.

And since the Tailed Beasts are born of the Full Mature God Tree and we are explicitly told that they count as a "Chakra Fruit" as far as Momoshiki is concerned that might mean that End Game Senko... Well, she'd have the essence of an Otsusuki and will have proverbially consumed some "Chakra Fruit"

...Honestly, I'd find it amusing. Senko's an atheist and if her/my plans go off she'd end up becoming a god by accident.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

Heh, how appropriate that Yagura's ideology of equality born of hate and vengeance would logically lead him to try and kill a god or the means to become one, while ironically also possessing one of the keys necessary in the process to make it succeed which is what allows him to be so powerful in the first place.

though I think you already expressed the sentiment of Senko an atheist, becoming a god as ironic.

I think my take on it is that for some reason the White Kamas exist. if this is a thing the Otsusuki/Celestial beings invented, then that means the Kama can be "Empty" or "Full" of a personality/mind. Kama may be highly advanced .....visual seals, as it seems to be a mark that doesn't naturally occur and seems to store who somebody is, their soul/essence into them and use that to convert bodies placed on the person into them somehow. but is the empty or full state the default state of the Kama, and either way, how did they make it in the first place? and if its not artificially made....what in the world is celestial being biology to have evolved like this? because this all seems highly transhuman. for now I'm assuming its all artificial, and that the Otsusuki's somehow invented or researched up all this at some point. but for what purpose? all their methods seem a bit....sacrificial. predatory. parasitic. either they have some alien thought processes, they went through something really screwed up for them to do all this.....or they are simply so highly advanced they see everyone else as prey/lesser to them, and know how many other sapient people out there and thus have Kamas to make sure they don't die while traveling the dimensions by making whatever victim they come across become them if they're defeated.

11. - Top - End - #1091

Technically, the Kama's status as a seal is debatable: IT's a barb embedded into your flesh that unravels into something akin to circuitry, and the "essence" of th eOtsusuki inside is actively referred to as data.

It's a machine. A computer.

And yes, the Otsukukis are highly predatory, parasitic people with virtually no empathy for other life forms.

And this extends to their own kinds: An Otsusuki's idea of passing knowledge and power to the next generation is to let themselves be devoured by a younger Otsusuki... Though I admit that with the Kama reveal it's possible that this is less of a big deal for them.

And like, remember: Kaguya was the good one. She cared about humans and tried to harvest the planet's life force sustainably instead of just draining it in one go.

They might just be that alien.

I'm taking a Toriko stance toward them: They're not wrong for preying on "less advanced" species the way humans prey on animals, but that doesn't mean humans have to lay down and take it. Rules of Nature, bitch, you ain't entitled to be top of the food chain.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

I am not sure I am fully grasping the concept of Kama and all that..
    --
    Rater-Ehm.
    I really would like Odayama to be succesful as fatherly figure/Sensei. But I feel like, I cant write him to connect to Senko. Or it's about how much can he teach her on the technical level?
    ---

Well, it's not like I have a doctorate. And those people are rarely spoken about. (And I have sinking feeling, that it's a sensitve point to japanese history,like USA and native americans...)
    But our Earth Land dont have to be the same- just inspired. Maybe in design.
    More tradional, religiouaellse and spiritual people, who have suffered from the technology and abilities of the "new", nations. It can actually work with the post apoclayptic theme you have given. Imagine Princess Mononoke meet Mad Max.

---

Yes. The Damiyo worked really hard and led the Rice Indepdence War.
    And yes. It won't be offically called pre chunin exams- it will be a party in honor of the heir and the Hope Generation, so they would get to know their future lord.
    Due to the nature of this nation foundation, this Damiyo believe in support of the people and especialy the ninjas.

And there would be party games. Understanding that the party games are an exam, would be a test of it's own.

Of course, at some point, things will go wrong.
    And with the Damiyo's heir's life on the line.. there would be stakes. That at least my plan.
    --

Hmm. Would sealing his own kekkei abilities please Yagura?
    -

- - - Updated - - -

also... I dont want to interupt Senko and Kimiko's moment

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

I am not sure I am fully grasping the concept of Kama and all that..
    --
    Rater-Ehm.
    I really would like Odayama to be succesful as fatherly figure/Sensei. But I feel like, I cant write him to connect to Senko. Or it's about how much can he teach her on the technical level?
    ---

Well, it's not like I have a doctorate. And those people are rarely spoken about. (And I have sinking feeling, that it's a sensitve point to japanese history,like USA and native americans...)
    But our Earth Land dont have to be the same- just inspired. Maybe in design.
    More tradional, religiouaellse and spiritual people, who have suffered from the technology and abilities of the "new", nations. It can actually work with the post apoclayptic theme you have given. Imagine Princess Mononoke meet Mad Max.

---

Yes. The Damiyo worked really hard and led the Rice Indepdence War.
    And yes. It won't be offically called pre chunin exams- it will be a party in honor of the heir and the Hope Generation, so they would get to know their future lord.
    Due to the nature of this nation foundation, this Damiyo believe in support of the people and especialy the ninjas.

And there would be party games. Understanding that the party games are an exam, would be a test of it's own.

Of course, at some point, things will go wrong.
    And with the Damiyo's heir's life on the line.. there would be stakes. That at least my plan.
    --

Hmm. Would sealing his own kekkei abilities please Yagura?
    -

- - - Updated - - -

also... I dont want to interupt Senko and Kimiko's moment
    1. TLDR: its a chip that allows the Otsusuki to bring themselves back from the dead, weird circumstances make it a way for a human to become an Otsutsuki.

2. Sure, thats probably wise, TBH. as for post-apocalyptic, I'd imagine the Pre-Chakra society wouldn't be much different from old societies we know. Land of the Ancestors is a canonical thing and is where Kaguya landed was supposedly a "small country". So it probably wasn't much different in terms of feudal structure.

3. Sounds pretty good

4. Sealing his own kekkei genkai....I didn't think of that. That might be an option that Yagura would actually consider. Oh- but wait right. I initially didn't think of that, because Yagura wouldn't have ninja with that level of expertise in sealing, the entire point of the Ishikawa Clan taking the Iron Cage Seal was because they knew no one could replicate it.

That will work, as long as the Ishikawa clan member can't replicate the Tailed Beast Seal for plot reasons. Basically Yagura needs it so he can pass on his Tailed Beast to someone else so as to ensure a stable line of succession someday in his new regime. Without it, the Tailed Beast will get out when he dies and either not work for them or destroy them and thus destroy any chance of Land of Water winning a war against anyone else. it makes sure that he HAS to get it or achieve his goals within his lifetime.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Titan in the Playground

You mean how Madara came back?
    -
    Well, I think they would even be pre-feudal. Feudalism rarely devolp on mountains. Feudalism based on agriculture.
    So even older.
    Politcs there could be based on the diffrent releigions, or tribes. Like tribal tribes.
    -
    I dont think inventing one seal, would neccarily means you can do ALL the seals. I imagine each seal is a complex thing to study.

Also, in future,if Kimiko ever fight him, it could be a cool phase 2 for the battle, if Kimiko break the seal,also on narrative shunen thing, exposing his true ties to the clan and etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Also do we wish to do more missions before the pre chunin exams?

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Titan in the Playground

1. Not.....really? to try and keep it simple, they're two different methods and Madaras was more complicated.
    -the Kama is a chip that the Otsusuki just implants in somebody else, and they are converted into the Otsusuki like an infection or nanobots rewriting you. consistent thing.
    -Madara's resurrection method was more that he had some else resurrect him as a zombie, then got Obito to use god powers to resurrect him for real, because the Rinnegan's higher powers can control the cycle of life and death. one time thing.

thats the basic part. you don't need to know anything else.
    Spoiler: the deeper explanation in case your interested
    Show

more precisely, the Kama might not actually be bringing anyone back, but just saving a copy of the Otsusuki's personality and biology, then when implanted into someone, begin overwriting their biology and mind to match so that the Otsutsuki is resurrected, in the sense that it might be a clone- but hey souls and the afterlife exists in Naruto as the Edo Tensei demonstrates so maybe it IS storing their souls and just rewriting biology. If people like Tobirama, Orochimaru and Kabuto can manipulate and the Sage of the Six Paths has dojutsu to manipulate souls and them coming back to life.....well why not the Otsutsuki the more advanced species this all came from? Though at the same time, humans have invented methods of chakra manipulation that Otsutsuki never did: no Otsusuki has been shown to use the hand signs/mudras that come from Indra, nor do seem to have use or need for things like paper seals, technology that manipulates chakra, or senjutsu. Its possible that humans have invented methods of chakra manipulation that that the Otsutsuki never even thought of.

While Madara's method of resurrection was a one time thing. Edo Tensei zombie like a lot of others but then getting the Rinnegan Obito to bring him back, but that required Black zetsu to force Obito to do so because Obito refused because he isn't stupid enough to bring back Madara willingly. and all this required decades of setup and scheming to go off, most of which Madara had to entrust Obito to carry out or come up with, because Madara was a white haired old man by the time Obito was training with him and died of old age by the time he was an adult. like as far as methods of resurrection go, its kind of up there in the "Gambit Roulette" category, and its more likely that he didn't care about the finer details as long as he got resurrected while someone had the true rinnegan that could be used to resurrect him.

Kama is far more reliable method, no need to play Post-Mortem Mastermind shenanigans like Madara did which while impressive, is always some degree of impractical and only valuable for the fact that you can pull off such a thing at all, rather than it being anything valuable in of itself.

2. Well yeah, of course he doesn't know the seal, I'm just saying, just in case because thats my intention for the Ishikawas.

3. Well Rater didn't exactly give me an answer on the next mission, but it I'm guessing he feels that there won't be enough time and that he is expecting the pre-chuunin exams to begin soon given how we're progressing the political plot: the only thing left before the actual pre-chuunin exams is Ameoku meeting with the Ishikawa Clan, which Kimiko will probably be required to attend and I don't see Jirou disallowing Senko, Usagi or Yuyuyu from being there. Like it could be an interesting situation simply to see Senko be on the technical same side as Mitsuko, whom she hasn't met yet against Ameoku and thus provide some initial meeting before we get into the pre-chuunin exams and if your not going to give Senko a chance to try and take out or redeem Ameoku, the least you can do is let her have some interaction with her even if its just them smack-talking each other, because who doesn't want to see that? add in Mitsuko and it might even be a three way smack-talking which is also a shonen tradition, smack-talk just doesn't get as much press even though its still important to build tension.

like sure Kimiko will be making the tools to detect and identify chakra real soon with the money from this mission, but we haven't quite made the leap to storing that chakra in character which is what we need for what Rater has in mind. now I could have Kimiko invent the chakra goggles, show it off as a proof of concept that she can be a great engineer/scientist/researcher for the village to Nozojo and thus getting funding to make more stuff like this than cut to some time later having made more tools for the mission, then going on the mission to gather tailed beast ambient chakra before or after the Ishikawa Meeting, but its kind of making a few leaps there, y'know? speeding up the pace a little in terms of invention, which you might not want, Igor, we don't know.

it just kind of depends on we're all okay with and agree upon, technically we don't have a set time for any of this, if we can make time, we can make time. and if what I just proposed with the skip part is not what we want to do, we don't have to do, and we just have the Ishikawa Meeting as its own little thing we all participate in, all Kimiko invents for now is the goggles then we go into pre-chunin exams. as long as we're all okay with it, its all fine.

16. - Top - End - #1096

Not quite.

Madara came back with the Edo Tensei: Using a portion of his DNA in conjunction with a human sacrifice to summon his soul back, which hen inhabited a body created from a combination of dust, ash, and the body of the person sacrificed to revive him.

Though, since "DNA" is part of the Otsusuki's Kama, the phenomena is probably related.

But the Kama are more similar to Orochimaru's Curse MArks. Not the senjutsu part, but the "store a copy of the guy who left it that slowly alters you to be like them part."

Edit: On the chakra plant mission: My thoughts were that it would be destroyed but a live sample would be brought back and carefully cultivated for study rather than draining it's chakra.

My timing issue is that my thoughts were that if we did it, and Senko used it to create a very rudimentary Psuedo-Jinchuriki out of herself, (initial mode only) that Cloud would find ou and it would give her enough... Proof of concept, if you will, for the deal she suggested way back when of studying the bodies of the Gold and Silver brothers.

And well, if she'd done that, then the Chunin exam finals would be the best place to show that off. The whole world would be watching.

But I legitamately don't know... Unless she literally grafts the plant's cells to herself and hopes for the best, that's a lot more complicated than the bloodline thing and she probably wouldn't be able to experiment with it uing the exams proper unless she found an area outside the village proper where nobody was looking and nobody would get suspicious of her constantly going there.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-08-03 at 06:36 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Titan in the Playground

On Orochimaru's resurrection: I dunno, Orochimaru knew Edo Tensei, and therefore would know how to summon souls back to life, so why wouldn't he design a seal to summon HIS soul back to life, given that it'd be logical to build upon Tobirama's work like that? both Edo tensei and his seal overwrite a body like the Kama, its just that Edo-Tensei is this weird invulnerable dust rather than actual biology.

I'm going to take that as a "no we're not doing that mission yet" then, as you me and Rater both agree that its not plausible for the research times to be that fast to make the mission work even with the genius children behind it. So this stuff will probably only be ready after the Chuunin Exams at this rate

and by the time of the Chuunin exams you'll probably meet Kitsuki, the actual nine tails jinchuuriki, which will be far more interesting than whatever chakra scraps Senko can scrounge up.

18. - Top - End - #1098

On the mission: I didn't say that.

We also talked about Senko somehow getting the Nine-Tails chakra and it leading into a thing with the Nine-Tail Jinchuriki before, as well. Their Chara's reacting.

It's more... I've got a lot of things in the air and I don't want to read Senko's research too thin.

Like, if we do the mission, then Senko probably isn't going to have her "integration pill" done by the time the exams start, and if she actually manages to graft it to herself then she's probably not going to have too many mods by then: I think I'm already cutting it close by having her graft herself with Menko's cells so soon after...

And I was strongly considering having Senko have achieved an imperfect form of her family's Sage Mode by the end f the exams, but if she has anything resembling a reasonable amount of Tail-Beast chakra by then the combination might put her too high over the threshold.

It's not that I don't want to do it yet, it's that if we do it there's much for me to consider about what comes after.

Of course, if you do not mind Senko being temporarily stronger than everyone else by a wide margin then that's something workable.

On Orohimaru: His curse marks are pre-programmed with a backup of his consciousness. That backup of his consciousness then uses the modified version of Jugo's enzymes to siphon off small amounts of the host's chakra and turn it first into Orochimaru's chakra, hen into Sage Chakra. Taking this chakra back influences the subject to be more like Orochimaru.

The purpose of this is to make the person a compatible vessel for Orochimaru's essence, with being uses as a means of resurrecting Orochimaru as a backup.

It's the fact that the curse mark is actively influencing the subject, coupled with it containing a copy of Orochimaru, that makes it so similar to the Kama.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-08-03 at 07:24 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Titan in the Playground

Okay.

well in terms of power, your readiness is already pretty good: B-rank taijutsu, senjutsu, snake summons with genjutsu to replace clone defenses. if Shikamaru and Shino can get as far as they have with their one-note powers, I wouldn't worry about getting more power. honestly I think we can wait til after Chuunin Exams for that mission, if you have so many things in the air because you can't do everything at once, and the tailed beast is currently outside both our characters wheelhouses right now.

like if your already doing so much with integration pill, imperfect sage mode and these mods it sounds like to me you got projects a genin even a genius one would more plausibly finish first and prioritize finishing first over something she hasn't even started technically, because she doesn't have any tailed beast chakra to work with. I'm certainly prioritizing the stuff Kimiko can plausibly finish over the tailed beast chakra. (I'm not sure if Kimiko should get to B-rank ninjutsu yet and while I just came up with a couple ideas of how she could make the rasengan usable for her, I'm not sure when SHE should have those ideas as its meant to be a hard jutsu for her to learn in contrast to all the ones that play to her strengths)

and here is the thing with impressing Cloud: Senko might want to hold off on interacting with them until she actually meets some in the Chuunin Exams. perhaps consider from that little taste of Kumo whether she thinks its worth allying with them. just a thought. like right now all she knows about Kumogakure is stories and reputation, she doesn't actually know what kind of village she would be allying with.

those are my thoughts on that.

20. - Top - End - #1100

Okay.

Hold it back then...

I do have an alternate mission, however. One I've been thinking on for a while.

Senko's relative who is tracing their family history, the one the White Snake Sage mentioned, was said to be in The Land of Lightning. Which shares a border with the land of Rice.

If someone comes to the sound village with a sighting of someone crossing the border under questionable circumstances that checks off enough markers... Like, say "potential powerful chakra user with no sign of being affiliated with any village has crossed the border. They are described in such a way that there's some... Resemblance to Senko" then Team 3 being made part of a squad that investigates that incident.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Titan in the Playground

okay, that works. do we want to do the mission after the Ishikawa Meeting with Ameoku? because its an opportunity to kind of get the genin a little more involved with the overall plot here, because I don't see Jirou holding it while Kimiko is out of town. given Nozojo's teachings and the whole Hope Generation thing, and how he is his student in that, Jirou would need her here to show off the potential the next generation can have, especially to Ameoku who they know fought a certain other Genin, Miho Kaguya to gauge her strength.

why Mitsuko and Jirou could cook up a plan together to goad Ameoku into taking on three Genin instead of one "to be fair" and have her spar Kimiko, Senko and Usagi at the same time. it wouldn't be the exact fight that Rater wants, but it could be something very much like it where they demonstrate how valuable teamwork is and help Jirou by doing so.

22. - Top - End - #1102

Thinking on it, the meeting should be first, then the mission.

Potential Complication: Mitsuko knows, from Jirou's meeting with Shinpi, that Senko is a bloodline thief.

Was she listening to Senko's interview? Or would this be her first time putting a name to a face.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

is this a friendly meeting right now?
    or part of something? And I can start the meeting when ever we are ready...

I think Usagi would work on music box, to make a 'lullaby mine' does it make sense?
    Also, I feel abit that I am not sure how to make Usagi interact with the group.
    Hmm.
    Also, Ill try to write another version of Land Of Earth, and combine ideas from both mine and Razier's.

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #1104

is this a friendly meeting right now?
    or part of something? And I can start the meeting when ever we are ready...

I think Usagi would work on music box, to make a 'lullaby mine' does it make sense?
    Also, I feel abit that I am not sure how to make Usagi interact with the group.
    Hmm.
    Also, Ill try to write another version of Land Of Earth, and combine ideas from both mine and Razier's.
    The meeting right now with Kimiko and Senko is a team 3 meeting.

However, Raziere has suggested that Team 3 be present when Ameoku meets with the Ishikawa clan so that they can get properly involved in the main plot.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Titan in the Playground

is it a new mission? OR have I missed something?
    Odayama supposed to know, I am quite sure.
    Or just training/chilling?

Does music box make sense? With same logic as scrolls I guess

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #1106

is it a new mission? OR have I missed something?
    Odayama supposed to know, I am quite sure.
    Or just training/chilling?

Does music box make sense? With same logic as scrolls I guess
    I have a mission, but I'm holding it for after the meeting between Ameoku and the Ishikawa-clan.

and the music box idea has merit.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Titan in the Playground

I mean Kimiko is going to be there regardless. after all: Clan Fukaimi had their little prodigy heir there, Clan Kaguya had Miho there. she is probably going to be there as a political statement of "look how our next generation is awesome" like the others, which Ameoku probably both fought. its political bull, but what you can you do? I'm just offering the others to come so that Rater and Usagi can actually participate, and because it would make sense for Jirou to pull this kind of move, because he is the one trying to forge a new way and break traditions unlike the other clans. it'd be including more people in the process and might be a move that Ameoku would not expect.

otherwise its just Kimiko there potentially getting into a spar with Ameoku while that may be fun to see how that would go down....what would Senko or Usagi be doing during this time? it wouldn't be giving them anything to do, not great. so why not solve that by just having Team 3 there to be more involved in this and make this more interesting?

28. - Top - End - #1108

And if Jirou gets called out for breaking decorum, he has a built-in excuse: Senko is officially Jirou's protege, might as well be her legal guardian, and she's throwing her status as the Snake Sage behind his bid to become Otokage. of course she's going to be there.

And if half of Team 3 is there, might as well bring in the other half. That's the whole point of putting ninja into teams, they work better together.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Titan in the Playground

I guess, also Odayama could calm Ameoku. if she lose it at some point. Or it would be akward for him to be there?

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler: Akogi- Shark Boss
    Show

Akogi 'Shark Boss'
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Akogi Ishikawa. 'Shark Boss'
    Height: 2 meters.
    Weight: Kilograms and/or pounds.
    Species: Human, with significant shark features
    Station: Yakuza boss. in service of Kirigakure. Sort of a missing nin, but you won't find him in the bingo book of Kirigakure since he made the deal.

Description:

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Creative. Have high perosnal pride, which he sold to protect the clan he has abandoned.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Akogi was a prodigee, in both his kekkei and ninjutsu, and was a promising shinobi from youth. But he was very induvdalistic and/or selfish, and made his own operation to get his own money and power, until he eventually beame a missing nin and a Yakuza boss of his own gang.
    But when the blood hunt began, he made a deal with the Mizukage- not to hunt the Ishikawas in full force, in exchange for him, sealing his own blood abilities, and landing his skill and gang for the village.
    He pretended to hunt for the Ishikiawas himself, making them and most of Kirigakure believe, he has betrayed them for the village.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

In general, he would be a Junin level. Maybe more. 'low' akatsuki scale.
    His signature move, is controling paper from far distances, giving espionage abilities, and assination abilities with... paper money.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I want someday to makea very emotional battle between him and Kimiko.
    [/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, was the Jinchuriki of the Iwagakure established yet?
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2021-08-10 at 06:02 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Titan in the Playground

On Odayama being there:
    I dunno, doesn't make much sense for Jirou to invite him, seems more like someone Ameoku should have the foresight to bring along since he is her husband like Jirou did with Kikenna. like inviting Odayama separately would be a political move on the level of implying that she is too married to the job to give any time to her own husband that he has to invite him here for her and I'm not sure if Jirou would want to use their relationship against her no matter how true or false the implication is, because I don't think he'd stoop to attacking her family life or relationships like that when Odayama seems happy with it and is the captain of his sister's team so he probably shouldn't rub it in her face since showing up with only her Anbu assistant will do all the work implying that without him lifting a finger even if she doesn't realize or care because its what everyone else thinks that matters not her. Don't stop your opponent while they're making a mistake and all that.

On Iwagakure Jinchuuriki:
    I think I proposed at one that most of Jinchuuriki would be simply be canon ones simply because they never got enough spotlight to actually be their own character so whatever we do with those Jinchuuriki would kind of be their own character, so just using most of the canon ones that were out of focus was my idea.

But technically the jinchuuriki wasn't established, no

But also technically, Rater made a kind of pseudo-jinchuuriki genin called Gohan Yo whose lava powers were inherited from the Jinchuuriki of Son Goku. So..... its kind of in a grey area of "kind of established but also kind of not" and will need discussion with Rater to work that out.

while the Jinchuuriki of the Five Tails, I had the idea was going to be Han, y'know the guy who is covered in this cool armor to better utilize his steam ninjutsu in keeping with my canon jinchuuriki who never got much spotlight idea? but technically hasn't been established yet.

So still open.

On Akogi:
    Looks good. Kimiko would probably care that he is a betrayer and also probably care that he is old enough to have known or have memories of her father, Ryota Ishikawa. perhaps I should get around to writing up a Secret History Of Ryota at some point.

heck, considering this universe....maybe writing up character sheets for deceased characters just in case wouldn't be that crazy.