New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

Sorry for the lack of replies.
    If tbh, the lack of dialgue with Ing and Rater about dragon ball make depressed to look at the forum.
    I did put a lot of thoughts and hundreds of hours of imagining thr Trombone arc..

But I am getting over it.

I found a refrence fitting enough for Nozojo the Second Ottokage-

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...xGlFY71MIRx3oJ

Edit:Also Maybe refrence for Mayuwi
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Ni5bnNTmY6iIyq
    But with outfit like Orichamaru if it make sense
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-10-27 at 10:21 AM.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I don't know why they are doing that? it might be a "well I don't have any problems with any of that, so I have nothing to say" situation, which is typically how introverts respond to things they have no comment for: they don't. so they can either speak up or you can take their silence as acceptance by default, and focus on the things they do respond to.

also, how do you feel about Yuyuyu telling this universes version of how the valley of the end got made to the children without naming any specific ninja? I basically just want to explain whats different with konoha by telling an alternate tale of how the founding of the leaf village played out
    that lead to a more morally ambiguous one.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Sure. It sound like a cool idea!

Also, I was reading about villages, and as usual, I take few vague hints and take them too far:
    It's said about few villages, the Village of Grass is one of them, that they are probably allied with Knoha.

So.. maybe it's like a Cold War thing? Big villages support smaller villages?
    Just an idea,.for how small villages operate.
    Ottokagure is unique, because in their existence they are more or less annoy all.major villages.

------
    My previouse Avater

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Sure. It sound like a cool idea!

Also, I was reading about villages, and as usual, I take few vague hints and take them too far:
    It's said about few villages, the Village of Grass is one of them, that they are probably allied with Knoha.

So.. maybe it's like a Cold War thing? Big villages support smaller villages?
    Just an idea,.for how small villages operate.
    Ottokagure is unique, because in their existence they are more or less annoy all.major villages.
    Yeah, thats more than okay, thats logical, that in line with Pain's entire story: the Land of Rain is essentially a smaller country that that gets fought over by Suna, Iwa and Konoha repeatedly and the only reason its independent is because either Hanzo or Nagato were strong enough ninja to defend the nation on their own despite not having much ninja to help them. I meant here is an Amegakure, a village hidden in the rain, but we don't see much of it aside from Nagato themselves. which implies Amegakure not doing too hot.

like I'm pretty sure Amegakure of our timeline probably has a similar situation of having one big ninja that is holding the nation up, but knows they can't take on a major village and that if they die, it will cause a power vacuum, thus causing chaos in Amegakure which will prompt other nations to intervene and start another war. and they probably have to take some strict measures to keep order with what little they have, but yeah most nations are probably allies of one major village or another. Sound is unique because its independent in a way that it can sustain itself without needing a big ninja dictator like Hanzo. mostly because land of race, farmlands, good food, good trade. that sort of thing.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah.
    Which lead me to an intresting concept.
    I lately listen to a lot of history podcasts, and in one of them, they have explained the original concept of.the 'Third World'.
    So, USA and the 'west' were considered the "first world', and USSR and the 'east" were considered the the "second world"
    All nations which weren't allied with neither were consiered the "third world', which many lf them happened to be poor and etc.
    Nazi Germany, viewed themselves as the leaders of the "Third World' so they have supported many arab organiztions and anti soviet nations at east europe. It's just an intresting concept.

So maybe there will be struggles at this direction.

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Eeeh, don't draw too many equivalents to things like that, Igor, its too close to politics to be safe, and I want to focus on generalities rather than specific examples. just a mite uncomfortable with that.

Anyways I've come up with a chounin captain for Team 2: some guy who uses an electric guitar powered by his own lightning release to produce sound shockwaves to slice other people and has this genjutsu that empowers other people instead of enthralling them by opening the first gate which while increasing their chakra capacity has little chance of actually hurting them. He is basically a passionate guy who loves rock and roll and other such music and is the Sound equivalent of Might Guy.

got nothing else for now. I just have a lot of stuff for this in the works that I'm working on.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-10-29 at 05:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, maybe I went overboard with this.

Oh. So basicly Might Guy as D&D bard?
    It actually sound badass.

There is anupdate on works here, Usagi will tell a folktale that the rabbits tell, softened a bit for kinder gardeners.

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

also I just an idea:
    There should be an Ichiraku's Ramen Stand in every ninja village. Ichiraku is just a universal constant, and he is friendly to everyone no matter who they are. because it wouldn't be Naruto without that little ramen restaurant. why? because the stand is always a good place to wind down and for people to actually talk with one another rather than constantly doing things while on missions.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

I can see that. Sure.
    Also after watching so much K dramas lately it almost a must for me.
    How come they have so much eating scenes, and yet they are so thin?
    Dammit. Are they elves or something? In their forties they look younger then I did in high school.

Sorry for the rant

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, I've been working on this awhile. think its good enough to post.

Igor, let me reveal to you how my thoughts forbidden jutsu, from examining canonical forbidden jutsu and reasons why to creating new forbidden jutsu for this or that, its gonna be long and filled with options. like, multiple spoiler boxes long, I had fun analyzing all this, most of which we won't take, but thats why they're forbidden. its probably a lot to take in, about 11 pages worth, so, be warned.

Spoiler: On Forbidden Jutsu
    Show
    Forbidden Jutsu or Kinjutsu are very distinctive in the world of Naruto. They serve a purpose of designating techniques that are important to the plot in some way, but generally aren't used by most people for one reason or another, while not being bound by a bloodline or hidden by a family trying to keep themselves relevant. Knowing one by itself doesn't seem to incur any punishment, it just means that its frowned upon. The real question is, whether you get punished for what you do to get it, because often the scrolls they are on are hidden away and guarded. Lets ignore that Naruto somehow took the forbidden scroll in the first episode, and assume that its actually really hard to get these things. They also, probably are different separate scrolls for extra security.

Also they are divided by nation- I doubt anyone in one nation wants another village to use their forbidden jutsu against them, for any reason no matter how costly it is to the user. Finally, Kekkei Genkai cannot seem to be a forbidden jutsu, and to be kinjutsu requires it to be learnable by anyone Lets start by looking at canonical forbidden jutsu and what they are considered that way:

Spoiler: Edo Tensei or Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation
    Show
    This jutsu, if you sacrifice a living person to use as a vessel and have some DNA of the person you wish to resurrect basically brings one person you want back to life as a reanimated servant with unlimited chakra and immortality through regeneration. They can be either hard controlled with their personality entirely suppressed or broadly controlled with their personality intact but needing to carry out their orders. There are three ways to hard counter:
    1- remove their soul (which requires ANOTHER forbidden jutsu to do or Rinnegan: Human Path)
    2-have the summoner end the technique (killing them DOES NOT WORK, it is in fact inadvisable to kill them for the purposes of countering this jutsu)
    3-give the soul closure in some emotional manner allowing the soul to break free of the techniques influence

This jutsu, is probably THE Forbidden jutsu you think of when the phrase is mentioned. And for good reason! Its pretty broken. Kabuto even called it the most powerful jutsu in the world at one point, and its not really a stretch to figure out why: it gives you control over potentially armies of past powerful ninja that never tire, and can't be killed by normal means. Its half the reason why the Fourth Ninja War Arc was so ridiculous. It basically on its own shifted the scales in Tobi's and Kabutos favor. Its so powerful that most of the victories against it were basically a bunch of talk no jutsu sessions. So powerful that the only way for Itachi to break free was to utilize a unique once-a-decade mangekyo hax sharingan ability that he only has because he took his best friends eye, on himself, and he could only do that because he planted some weird crow thing in Naruto in advance that he originally intended to be fired at Sasuke. Its so powerful, that you either need a jutsu known only by the greatest sealing masters in existence that requires the user to sacrifice themselves, or the mythical dojutsu originally possessed by the Naruto equivalent of half-alien Super-Buddha, son of alien-rabbit-tree-goddess, to counter it without an emotional connection or threatening the caster.
    So when you have jutsu that only the purple-eyed descendants of the ninja-goddess can realistically fight head on, thats pretty insane. The only good option for everyone else is to basically avoid or distract the overpowered zombie while another person finds the caster and holds them at knife-point until they end the technique. You can however neutralize the bodies through bindings and seal them, so there is some method of lesser fuinjutsu users of countering them.

Its the most extreme example, but it nicely illustrates why its forbidden: it requires human sacrifice to work, it brings souls back from the lands of the dead and enslaves them to your will, if they get out of control you have an unstoppable tireless shinobi to deal with, if people constantly used it the series would devolve into necromancy fights or most characters would simply be unable to do anything against it and die. It is a plot-level jutsu that was used twice by a villain to level the playing field against an otherwise greater hero (first against Sarutobi then against the Shinobi Alliance). Or to level the playing field against a villain that was basically a god.
    There is no wonder why its forbidden. It is a pretty evil jutsu that only shows up in kage-level fights, to summon jounin or higher minions. You want to include it? You have to careful with how, and have to a specific purpose in mind for it. Whether its just to provide a puzzle boss, going to extreme lengths to ask a dead person questions about their life, or provide an emotional moment between someone and their dead whatever. Or your fighting something apocalyptic and need to pull out the godzilla option.

Another example:
    Spoiler: One's Own Life Reincarnation:
    Show
    This restores a dead person to life at the cost users own life. This is true resurrection unlike Edo Tensei

This forbidden jutsu was used only once, by Chiyo in the Gaara Retrieval arc to bring Gaara back to life. One can easily see why people don't use it: it doesn't actually save lives, it only exchanges one life for another, and all the other examples of true resurrection in Naruto require some form of self-sacrifice of ones own life as well. Even the Rinnegan user must give up their life with their similar technique but can just revive more people with the same cost. However it can still be useful, as many ninja consider their own lives less important than some kage or whatever and would do anything to bring them back or die in their stead. However given that its used on a recently dead Gaara? I doubt it can be used to bring back some long-dead person, this technique probably stops being effective the moment their body decays too much. Still its a good example of the power and limitations of forbidden jutsu are and what purposes they are to be used for.

Spoiler: Dead Demon Consuming Seal:
    Show
    this jutsu basically summons the god of death to rip out an opponents soul and eat them, killing them at the cost of your own being ripped out as well.

This just was used twice, once by Minato to seal the Kyuubi, and once by Sarutobi to get rid of Orochimaru's arms. Its basically a one-hit kill each time against foes that can't be defeated normally, while also being used to basically get rid of heroic ninja so awesome that they would get in the way younger ninjas stories. Basically its Desperate Sacrifice: The Jutsu. Its a ready-made technique to make sure you can get rid of a older experienced ninja in a cool, heroic way that advances the plot and can be clearly used to help depower the big bad or kill some really powerful minion for a while to give the protagonists some breathing room, and its use was what caused the series to begin as well as kicked off the entire plot to find Tsunade that lead to Sasuke Retrieval Arc then all of Shippuden. So whenever you need someone to pull the most awesome dying moment ever to save everyone else, this jutsu is here for you.

Spoiler: The Eight Gates:
    Show
    This basically opens your chakra pathways, making you spend more your bodies energy at once and the more you open the more you get injured form your body tearing itself apart until you open the final gate of death where after you achieve chakra levels beyond any kage, you die.

Both times this was used, it basically showed off that even a pure taijutsu user if they were strong enough could take on things like Gaara, or freaking Madara while he was wielding godlike power. Its both a kaio-ken type of power and another desperate sacrifice jutsu that is really cool when its pulled out. However its easy to see why most ninja don't even bother with it: between things like sage mode, summoning, and so on, why bother with a jutsu that just going to injure and kill you even as it unlocks your potential to the fullest? Its simply often much better to be smarter about the chakra you wield than push yourself to wield more power. However it does show that lurking within any ninja is the power of a kage or even a god just waiting to be tapped into if only they are willing to risk it. One can only hope you never face a edo-tensei zombie who uses this, because they would never die from it- they would just open all eight gates and kill everyone as an even more unstoppable machine and thats assuming they only know taijutsu, if they know ninjutsu your even more screwed.

Spoiler: Multi-Shadow Clone Jutsu:
    Show
    The user creates dozens, hundreds or even thousands of shadow clones, given the chakra requirements only a kage or a jinchuuriki with certain seals can use this without dying.

This jutsu is technically just a larger scale version of shadow clone jutsu. Most of the time only jounin can safely use the normal shadow clone jutsu and even then, only up to five clones at once. This jutsu is an example of how high powered a jinchuuriki really is compared to the rest of the world, as well as some forbidden jutsu suddenly becoming incredibly useful and powerful in the right hands: if Naruto was any other ninja, he wouldn't be able to use this at all. It shows how Naruto is a hammer in a world of surgical tools. As a child, he is already kage level in the amount of chakra he can draw upon, even in the first episode. We don't think about it as much but its basically as overpowered as any other super jutsu out there, just in a different way than sharingan or whatever. While also being deadly to the user in anyone else's hands. Its basically one of Naruto's protagonist powers.

Spoiler: Various forms of Immortality:
    Show
    These include Orochimaru's Living Corpse Reincarnation, Jashin worship, Kakuzu's Earth Grudge Fear, and thats pretty much it.

This pretty much tells us the stance narutoverse has on seeking forms of immortality: they are messed up ways that involve some form of harming or taking from others. This is because Naruto has a theme or message of the next generation surpassing the previous one, no matter how much it screwed up conveying it. Thus if one wants to make a more moral form of immortality it has be invented, and even then people will probably suspect that its evil anyways.

From What We know: New Forbidden Jutsu
    All this tells us that basically, forbidden jutsu are either incredibly harmful or deadly to the user, or involves human sacrifice of others for your own gain to go against the natural laws of the world. And in some cases, both at the same time. They do things that should not be done, or not be normally done. When you use this kind of jutsu your doing something dangerous to somebody. Their use should be careful and limited so that they are memorable. What follows is various new forbidden jutsu that I've made, the problems with including them that one needs to keep in mind that I discuss. Now, none of these jutsu have to be canon to our game- they are just options to make sure that if we want to go this or that route, there is a way to do that makes sense.

Spoiler: On Nuke Forbidden Jutsu:
    Show
    However whats more interesting is what ISN'T forbidden. I cannot find any canonical jutsu that is forbidden because it causes too much collateral damage or city-or-above level destruction. At one level this makes sense because its a shonen battle manga, but from a sensible stand point it would probably make sense to forbid any jutsu that causes too much destruction to the environment from a humanitarian viewpoint, a stealth stand point, an economics stand point, and so on. If we really want to avoid constant DBZ blasting, its probably best to make things that allow for it such combat to be forbidden. Like ninjutsu blasting should probably be limited to rocket and grenade-level blasts for the most part? Jinchuuriki are exceptions since they are supposed to be nukes. To give you a few ideas for what forbidden nuke jutsu should look like in this roleplay, I'll make a few examples:

List of Nuke Forbidden Jutsu:
    City Conflagration Seal:
    This is a special complicated seal placed upon a big-person sized scroll, then a kage spends almost all their chakra- or various lesser ninja contributing small amounts of chakra- filling it for an entire day. This process requires the ninjas full concentration and they cannot do anything else. When its full, one sneaks into the city or fortress they want to destroy with the seal, places it in the middle. Then when the ninja feels the time is right, the use the “Release!” command to make it explode in a huge inferno to destroy it all. The only problem is that it does not differentiate between the user and foe, and if the user is within the blast radius at the time of release, they die to the flames to.

Tidal Wave Jutsu:
    This jutsu can only be performed near a big body of water such as the sea, big lake or a large river. When the proper hand signs are used it summons a big massive tidal wave or flood to crush the foe under the current, flooding everything in sight indiscriminately. The minimal amount of strength needed to use their jutsu is Jounin and they die in the process from pure chakra exhaustion. Kages can do it without dying but only when using it the normal way. When the kage is away from water and need to create all the water themselves from their own body, they die as well.

Hurricane Jutsu:
    The user takes out a windmill shuriken and holds it above their head, they start channeling wind chakra through it to make it start spinning and through it reach the winds and clouds of the sky to start spinning as well until it becomes a hurricane with the caster at the eye of the storm, powerful winds that pick up and throw people around through the air, making them tumble and crash and causing destruction to cities through sheer force of wind. The drawbacks are that Jounin can generally only maintain this for one minute and kage for three before they die form using all their chakra, and while maintaining it requires all their focus leaving them vulnerable to attack with no chance to defend themselves.

Unstoppable Lightning Lance:
    The user takes out a ballista (or big turret like crossbow if you don't know what that is) made of conductive metals from a storage scroll then points at their target. They then place their hand on the crossbow's seal and begins filling it lightning chakra, when it fills up it automatically fires a big powerful lightning beam that pierces through all defenses, and a single shot can lance a line through entire armies of soldiers, and kill any a single ninja it hits in its way, even a kage. It was no known range limit. A jounin can only fill it up once without dying and a kage only three times without dying. It takes at least two turns to fill up upon the third turn it fires during which the user is focused entirely on filling it up and cannot defend themselves. A big weakness of this jutsu is how hard it is aim with it and adjust direction with how big it is and takes at one turn to do so.

Cavernous Maw of the Devouring Earth Jutsu:
    When on land, the user after forming the necessary hand signs, splits the ground of the entire battlefield underneath into a big abyss with sharp stone spikes on either side. It takes three turns for the maw to open fully in which anyone over it is in danger of falling within if they don't take evasive measures. On the fourth turn, the chakra splitting the earth apart is expended and the earth snaps back closed, crushing anyone who is still within the abyss by that time. A Jounin dies from chakra exhaustion if they do this, but a kage only if they do it twice. This jutsu has absolutely zero use on the water.

Spoiler: On Unnatural Forbidden Jutsu:
    Show
    Some kinjutsu just modify your body in an unnatural way that people just seem to be uncomfortable with or is harmful to somebody. Thus these jutsu are often necromantic, transhuman, post-human or inhuman in some manner, messing with the boundaries and definitions of what is considered a person or human. Using these often involve some form of immortality or modifying yourself in some manner that are off-putting to normal people and often must be kept hidden to make sure you don't attract unwanted attention. The main problem with these is that ninja abilities are based on the assumption that you fundamentally human and the more one modifies themselves, the less human they become which not all games might want.

List of Unnatural Forbidden Jutsu:
    Ghostly Projection Phantom:
    This jutsu is a little complicated. First you must chain yourself to a specially made anchor for your soul. Then you form the hand seals that make you fall into a coma then project your own soul out of your body for various purposes. It can be used for scouting out the enemy, overhearing conversations and even possessing them to do what you want temporarily sure. But it can also be used to send your soul to Naraka or the Pure lands to learn and do things there, communicating with the souls of the dead. However one must take special precautions to somehow retain your memory of what happens in the Pure Lands as any who comes back from the Pure Lands do not retain their memory of the afterlife, and this jutsu is no exception. You do however retain memories of Naraka or whatever middle plane of existence between Pure Lands and the living world is.
    Furthermore in the living world you have a ghostly chain to your body that limits your range of ghostly movement to a few miles radius, if you break it by going too far away, your dead for good. If your gone for 48 hours from your body you die of dehydration and the chain breaks. Your body is vulnerable while you are using this and if a ninja kills it your dead for good. Dojutsu such as Byakugan or Sharingan can see you and the chain leading back to your body since your still chakra. Chakra sensors can also sense in your presence in their own ways even if they can't see you and will arouse suspicion. Possession does not give you the memories of the person your possessing and if you screw up acting like them you'll arouse suspicion. In the rare event you find yourself facing a rinnegan user or someone uses the Dead Demon Consuming Seal on you while your using this, you lose. It is inadvisable to try and possess a jinchuuriki with this jutsu, as a tailed beasts loyalty is hard to predict but they generally don't like humans in general.

Memory Preservation Seal:
    This jutsu copies ones memories and stores them in a scroll. When opened up, and released the memories are implanted into the mind of the person holding or touching it. At first glance this seems benign, but its forbidden for a reason: it can be used to copy ones entire mind into a scroll with enough chakra then trick enough person into releasing that copy into themselves, since the brain can only hold so many memories, their mind and personality are overwritten by the new mind, thus the first user of the scroll taking over and can be considered a path to immortality. There is a variation to forcibly copy ones memories into another person to do this directly. However it can just be used to transfer knowledge of specific things that won't override anything and safely inform people of this or that.
    This seal inscribed on special spirit paper can be touched by a soul and taken with to the Pure Lands to be cast on the scroll to record their memories on it a form that can't be erased when they cross over back to the living world.

Amnesia Jutsu:
    This jutsu erases your own memories. Those who use it often do it to avoid being interrogated about things they know and often turn themselves into blank slates just to be safe. While technically forbidden, it and a jutsu to kill oneself are common things used in Anbu forces to keep themselves from betraying their village. Crazy geniuses and missing-nin sometimes concoct crazy plans to combine this with the Memory Preservation Seal to evade the consequences of their actions then somehow get their memory back at a later point.

Corpse Clone:
    With a corpse you imbue it with a copy of your personality and some of your chakra to fight for you and change its appearance to your own. Far more durable than regular clones and does not poof, instead reverting back to its normal appearance when killed.

Exploding Corpse Seal:
    A seal that that when placed on a corpse, makes it explode the next time someone touches it. Used by some during the Second and Third Shinobi Wars to both make sure dead shinobi can't be examined and to lure enemy shinobi into a trap with the corpses of their comrades.

Memory Absorption Jutsu:
    This jutsu involves tying a senbon to a wire and throwing it into someone. Then you drain certain memories through the wire and senbon and put it into your own head. One needs good chakra control for this for specific memories, as one can accidentally get too much and the memories can affect ones emotions in the process.

Two Souls Sealing Jutsu:
    This a jutsu derived from jutsu to seal tailed beasts, instead it aims on sealing a target's soul in someone's body. Chakra-made sealing chains springing up from the ground and grabbing the targets the soul, dragging it out of the person and putting it in someone else. Thus the sealed soul acts like a human tailed beast inside the person, acting as a source of chakra and knowledge, but probably having a bad opinion of their jailers. The person can also like a tailed beast, seize the chance to take over the persons body in a moment of weakness like great anger or sadness. However the person sealed gives a lot less chakra than a tailed beast and has more knowledge of how ninjas work so if they get out, what they can do will be far more subtle.

Bloodline Mixing Jutsu:
    This jutsu sacrifices people to mix kekkei genkai together, taking their DNA and combining it, making an infant with a new kekkei genkai from the process. First you have to place two people within certain seals on the ground, then you make the hand signs to begin the ritual process that sacrifices them both and creates an infant from a third seal that is connected to the other two.

Yin-Yang Release: Eternity Body Creation:
    This jutsu takes a large amount of yin and yang chakra combined together through powerful fuinjutsu and preparation to emulate the Creation Of All Things Technique create a new eternal body that replicates the nature of the tailed beasts, but without any mind within, sacrifice the users old obdy and transferring into the new body to do so. Like the tailed beasts, this body is pure chakra given physical form. It cannot truly die, nor can it age. Their chakra becomes red. However as a downside, the body can be sealed into someone like a tailed beast. However while they have more chakra than most humans, the person who uses this eternity body does not have chakra reserves that can match a real tailed beast. Furthermore this body while humanoid is unable to blend in with humanity around it, having a unique unmistakable appearance and disguise jutsu does not work on it. Furthermore the different chakra and viewpoint makes the user see themselves as beyond humanity no matter who they were before and acquire a more negative attitude towards them.
    If sealed into a jinchuuriki, the body acts likes a one-tailed beast, granting great power but in moments of weakness, the user will break out and rampage without any middle states, even though they have less chakra.

A variation of this jutsu known as Tailed Beast Ascendancy requiring even more chakra outright turns you into a new tailed beast with all the downsides that come with, unable to use normal jutsu as a result but having the raw power of a tailed beast including using Bijuu Bombs. Every tailed beast is unique and the abilities of this new tailed beast will be unique to this new one as well. However the other Tailed Beasts will not see you as a friend because of this, only regarding you as an up-jumped human who dares to meddle in their father, the Sage of the Six Path's domain, and the villages will regard you as a weapon to be sealed in someone new.
    The minimal amount of chakra for this variation will grant you reserves equal to the One-Tailed Beast. More tails require even more energy when this is used and you cannot add more after it is finished. Once the ritual is complete, your stuck with that amount of power forever.

Yin-Yang Release: Hollow Body Creation
    This ritualistic technique from yin and yang chakra creates a real human body that is a shell with no mind or feelings. It will only be become alive if a soul or tailed beast is sealed into it, granting them autonomy with said body. Otherwise it will act like any corpse and decay in time if not properly preserved. If alive, it will be as mortal as any other human body.

Another's Life Reincarnation:
    This jutsu truly brings someone back to life, but at the cost of someone else's life instead of the users, by using sealing jutsu to draw upon their chakra instead to power it.

Self Reincarnation Jutsu:
    This jutsu can be considered the most basic form of immortality: you place a seal on something living then when your about to die, you drain life and chakra from them to restore yourself to life and refreshing your cells, restoring your life at the cost of anothers.

Spoiler: On Space-Time Jutsu:
    Show
    These are a particularly troublesome yet interesting section. Given the Flying Thunder God and Kamui jutsus, as well as summoning jutsu, we know manipulating space-time is a thing that ninja do, and in case of summoning its not even rare, its something that everyone important does at some point. At the same time beyond that, the other kinds of jutsu that manipulate it are either high-end sharingan/otsusuki abilities, or the Flying Thunder God which is said to be only usable by geniuses because of the amount of math it takes. So outside of bloodlines, This type of jutsu seems to be a fuinjutsu thing.

But that doesn't even begin to describe the problems with this branch of jutsu. While some of debatable canon, Naruto has had instances where jutsu have been used to travel through time. And time travel is always a problem. Worse, Naruto storytelling relies heavily on history and tragic pasts, and changing one thing can have tremendous consequences for everyone involved in a butterfly effect. When a big part of Naruto's world is that the past can't really be changed and you just have to forge a brighter tomorrow rather than letting the past define you. Time travel kind of stomps all over that, and is probably not a good thing to include in most naruto games, particularly grounded ones.

But Space travel has its own problems. See there are a bunch of dimensions in Naruto's world and of course white-skinned space aliens that all ninja are descended from. The thing while you can make an argument for naruto ninja not being able to time travel and sensibly staying away from it, space manipulation like the summoning technique, reverse summoning technique, flying thunder god, is common enough that one wonders why naruto ninja aren't trying to explore other dimensions more, aside from keeping the show on an earth-like setting that is relatable and where ninja stories can take place. At the same time there are god-like white skinned space aliens out there in space who might arrive at any time to check up on their chakra tree and why Kaguya hasn't reported back yet. These people even arriving pretty much means either some godlike ninja thats greater than kage level needs to step up to defeat them or the entire ninja world gets destroyed. The Otsutsuki Clan will make things into a DBZ fight and is not recommended for more grounded games, and traveling through space increases the odds of running into them.

So given that both time and space travel are risky and dangerous to use from both from an in character perspective and a narrative one? One should be very careful about including these techniques and being very specific in their intentions of what they do, how they do it, and for grounded games, to keep them small scale and requiring a keen careful mind if not a brilliant intellect to use. Space-Time jutsu are dangerous in general countering them can be difficult for many ninja, as they tend to be the higher end of power. Thus, we shall divide them into low-level space-time jutsu and high level to be extra careful with these. These are made so that if we ARE to use them, we know the rules and that they keep things focused on a certain level of shinobi-ness.

List of Space-Time Forbidden Jutsu:
    Low-level:
    Time Flicker Jutsu:
    The user vanishes from existence for one second, skipping forward in time to evade attacks. While the original intention was to appear in the same place as they left, in practice when one does not account for the earth's rotation and orbit around the sun, the user ends up reappearing about two dozen miles away in up in the atmosphere and thus really need to skip time while also teleporting to the exact place they will be in one seconds time so as to appear like they have not moved.
    The user can increase the amount of time they skip, but also need to recalculate where they reappear and it gets harder as they skip forward longer, with more potential to reappear hundreds of miles in the air or even in space if they miscalculate.

This is one of the simplest time-space jutsus possible and only a taste of the possibilities and dangers to the field.

Time Stop Jutsu:
    To stop time of the entire world for even one second would be too much chakra, even for the most powerful god-like ninja to ever exist. This jutsu has a more realistic goal. The user throws a specially made kunai with a seal at an area then makes a hand sign. The seal on the kunai begins storing time within a thirty foot spherical radius, effectively stopping it as long as the jutsu is maintained by the user. Once the jutsu is ended, the time is stored within and the same kunai cannot be used again until the time is released.
    The user once they retrieve the kunai, can then release the time stored into themselves to speed themselves up so that the world slows down enough to look like its stopped from their perspective, this speed up mode lasts equal to the amount of time stored by the kunais first use.
    However activating the first use of the kunai while the user is within its radius is a death sentence: the user will be frozen in time by their own jutsu and be unable to deactivate it thus leading to dying while frozen in time, unable to stop their chakra from being drained by maintaining it.
    The maximum amount of time one can maintain the storing part of this jutsu before dying is ten seconds.

Spatial Vanish Assassination:
    The user marks a kunai with a special seal. They throw the kunai at something whatever it gets embedded in, the user can then activate the seal to teleport whatever or whoever its stabbing into a dimensional void where they will die from a lack of oxygen if they cannot escape, unless they have a space-time jutsu to counter it if they wind up there.

Consuming Vortex Seal:
    A dangerous variant of the storage seal, when activated it opens a portal to pocket dimension thats a vacuum inside. In sucks in everything in front of her in a cone for ten seconds and then it is filled. To be used again, one must release the seal, which fires everything sucked up back out as one projectile.

Self-Rewinding Jutsu:
    The user of this jutsu can rewind oneself up to five seconds. Useful for reacting to injures or near death blows by rewinding to a few seconds ago to avoid or recover from the attack.

Recording Seal Jutsu:
    The user marks a kunai with a special seal. They throw it at an area then makes a hand sign for the kunai to emit a five second long recording bubble within which the moment is stored. The user can then release the moment at a later time to recreate those five seconds for whatever purpose they need.

Wire Portal Lasso Jutsu:
    The user channels chakra through a wire tied into a lasso. The loop of the lasso becomes a portal into a pocket dimension. The user can then use this lasso portal as a deadly weapon, anything they manage to grab with the lasso can be cut off by simply cutting the portals chakra supply, instantly closing it and killing anyone who is caught in the portal by bisecting them. It can also serve as a defense by grabbing any projectile or ranged jutsu coming towards you with the portal.

High Level:
    Dimensional Travel Jutsu:
    To travel through dimensions, one must first possess awareness of what your traveling to. Since not everyone has dojutsu, one must make do by making Space-Gazing Goggles that allow you to gaze upon other worlds with application of chakra and by entering dimensional coordinates into a scroll connected to them by a wire to select which one. Then once you have visual sight of what dimension you want to go, you reverse-summon yourself to that dimension. Keep in mind that the far the dimension is, the more chakra it takes to get there in one use.

Otherworldly Source Connection Seal:
    The user inscribes a seal to gather nature chakra or some other kind on a special kunai, then places it in some preferably desolate dimension. The kunai will gather and store nature chakra constantly. It is connected back to another seal in a different dimension from which power can be drawn upon. One can build an entire network of seals like these to draw upon multiple sources of nature chakra across the dimensions.

Summoning: Alternate Self
    This technique is all about summoning an alternate self. First you must sign a contract for yourself to be summoned. Next you must designate which version of yourself to summon by making a Time-Targeting Scroll specifying the difference of that selves past. Finally you must have chakra reserves equal to the version your summoning to use this even once without dying. However if you can get around all that, you successfully summon an alternate self that doesn't really have to obey your orders at all like any summon and is probably incredibly confused as to why they are even here.
    The power requirements are decreased when you summon a past self. Generally:
    Genin version is C-Rank power
    Chunin version is B-Rank power
    Jounin version is A-Rank power
    Kage version is S-Rank power

Reverse Summoning: Alternate Timeline
    The user reverse summons themselves to an alternate timeline using a Time-Targeting Scroll, but makes sure to make a time space anchor through which they can send themselves back to their original timeline.

True Time Travel Technique:
    The user, determined to go against times flow, reverse-summons themselves to the past. However there are strict limitations on it: First, you can't go farther back than the beginning of your own life. Second, you can't make any change that contradicts what anyone in the present day remembers, that includes seeing a time traveler. If you do anything that contradicts the present day, time will protect itself from paradoxes by erasing the contradicting event including the version of yourself trying it and sending the memories back to the user right before they use the technique.
    Every time this failure happens, the pre-time travel version of the user expends one third of their chakra, and can only try this three times total before they collapse.

Mental Time Travel Technique:
    The user sends themselves mentally back in time to take control their younger self. This has the advantage of not causing paradoxes and being able to change things, but the disadvantage of weakening you by putting you in a younger less trained body and being unable to return to the present and thus having to stay in your new timeline.

Parallel Replacement Technique:
    The user combining replacement technique with high level space-time jutsu, replaces themselves with a random alternate version from another timeline, switching timelines in a flash. Requires a lot of chakra and probably can only be used less three or less times by even kages

Spoiler: Forbidden Inventions:
    Show
    These are examples of inventions that if made widely available in the Narutoverse would radically alter how combat is fought in it. Introduce them wisely and great care.

The Shinobi Gauntlet:
    This is a canonical invention from Boruto. Realistically Naruto's philosophy of hard work wouldn't be good reason for most people to not use it. It allows one to use any jutsu. To use, Scroll Cartridges that have had jutsu sealed into them are loaded into the Gauntlet's chamber. When the user wants to perform one of the loaded jutsu, they make a unique hand seal corresponding to the intended jutsu's nature using the hand of the arm that the Gauntlet is worn on. This causes the Gauntlet to release the jutsu from its Scroll Cartridge, firing it wherever the Gauntlet is aimed. Because the Gauntlet's jutsu require no chakra to perform, the user can gain an advantage in battle by releasing what would normally be chakra-taxing techniques in quick succession. In some cases, jutsu are even improved over their non-Gauntlet counterparts: the Rasengan cannot ordinarily be launched without special training, but all of the Gauntlet's Rasengan are launchable by default.

An invention like this would pretty much be used by everyone and make most normal hand seals basically obsolete, as well as getting rid of the need to learning certain chakra elemental natures. Everyone would be able to fire all five elements. It would eliminate much of the skill needed to use chakra.

Chakra Goggles:
    This invention would be allowing people to see chakra like a dojutsu when they put it on. This would allow them to see how chakra works far better and thus how to manipulate without hand seals to a much greater degree, as well as better analyze the jutsu around them. Everyone would use these and thus rapidly figure out sealless or half-seal techniques with it, as well as increasing their chakra control through direct observation, and would probably even make the dojutsu of the Byakugan and lower levels of Sharingan obsolete.

Genetically Cloned Chakra Fruit:
    If it is possible to reverse engineer the DNA of someone like the Sage of the Six Paths, it might be just as possible to do the same to make the chakra fruit eaten by Kaguya Otutsuki to attain ultimate power but without draining the world and people of its energy. Such a fruit would grant the person the Rinne-Sharingan as a third eye on their forehead, as well as powers over Chakra only matched by Kaguya. Things like knowing all the common releases, all-killing ash bones, dimension-manipulation, and other godlike powers. Needless to say the setting would become incredibly high powered real quick. More realistically, only a few can be made so it “only” makes a couple living super-weapons that may in fact surpass the Jinchuuriki, or it only grants a lesser version of her power.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Oh wow.
    About the Ic- small nitpick, because it is sort of detetiv-ish situation- the first monkey who has attacked them, was a babboon.
    Not a big deal, but I guess IC, Kimiko won't confuse between them.

Now!
    You really put work and passion into it, I wish more people beside me would have enjoyed it.

So.
    Necromancy- well, I feel fancy, cause I have heard Brandson's lectuew about magic systems.
    I think that the biggest issue with the Edo Tensei in cannon, not it's power.. the fact it is boring.
    Also, if it is relativly easy to do so, I think every village would have done Edo Tensei.
    Realisticly, conservative forces, never managed to stop advancment.
    (It's funny to read letters from the 19th century about how trains will ruin society in britian, and you could ctrl c z the wordings and the logic it to manifests against the internet).
    So, for one thing, the cost for such game breaking power must be high.
    Also, I think if we dare and dissect sub issues then, you can build it as something more grounded. And here, I am openly say I will be mostly inspired from Shaman King, which is manga about Necromancy, and I think it's mostly done right.

So... unlimited chakra? How? Where does it come from? DBz androids has some engine, but chakra is life force. I will argue, that without additional jutsus, Edo Tensei zombies should have 0 chakra- it also means that meta chakra jutsus won' work on them.
    But endless stamina is also an amazing thing.
    https://youtu.be/wI1exNqKHD8
    Where the chakra can come from? Well, the user? Scarfices? Still it will be limited, and you need to find a way to pass the chakra.
    Maybe cathing bijuus is essential for such task.
    And also.. how many?
    100 kage level characters need to get their chakra from somewhere.

Also, their souls/ghosts. Who to say, that it's that easy to get them? Who to say, that the souls haven't passed to a new body?
    In One Piece, for example, there is a guy who animate corpses, by putting in them the shadows(which In One Piece, seems to be part of the soul),
    And they have the personality and skills of the shadow, but the physical abilities of the corpse.

So, it lead to intresting situations- like, one of the characters is Ok-ish swordman(Brooke), and his shadow stolen to animate legendary dragon cutting Samurai called Ryuma.
    They fight, and have similiar style. (Brooke use rapier, but Ryuma has katana, so Brooke has a bit of edge on skill, but Ryuma overwhlem him with his physical abilities.
    So, like.. imagine.. Madara died billion years ago, so his soul out of reach. But Itachi died recently, so Itachi in Madara's body.
    I think such aproache make it more nuanced, and also complicated.
    It also will feel less cheap. No 100 kage level zombies with infinite chakra. Much less, and with degrees of OPness.

Maybe there also religouse factor in the forbidness of necrojutsu- maybe it disturb the Cycle Of Reicarnation or something. As Sideeffect evil Yokais are created in the mortal realm and stuff like that.

Life for life reicnartion works. Again, I believe we can add nuances. Maybe the revived have the memories of the one who sacrficed himself for him,and it might overwhelm him into schizophrenia?
    Otherwise, I think any kage will raise bunch of zealot fangirls and boys willing to sacrafice themselves for their Senpai.
    It's less critical here, I just think, life and death jutsus could use depth. In D&D 2e, Revive costed 5 years of the lifespan of the user, and made them older.
    It's not amazing, but is also had made clerics think hard if they like their companions THAT much.

I think we can made much more with summonings gods and contacting them.but yeah, this is Forbidden Jutsu done right.

I agree with most.
    About Nuke... I think, it would have been "Forbidden Jutsu" the same way nukes are forbidden jutsus for us.
    It escalte things. You can expect that you will get the same treatment. Terrorist groups however won't hesitate, which is what make small rogue ninjas comparable to the villages- they have no regrads, and not much to lose.

About unnatural, at least some of them, they just seems hard to master, I don't see anything "forbidden" about them.

Time ... it's complicated. Yeah.

Space.. is something else.
    I think it's a bit like D&D planes. I actually based Usagi on this concept.
    I think this is mostly dangerouse. The animals(let's call them Yokais) are biologicaly built for dimensional travel. But yeah, I imagined Junin+ Usagi passing between dimensions.
    I think it matter of Mastery and the right "tune".

Tech.. yeah. I can see that, Shinobis would assinate anyone who try to devolp such stuff

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

So.
    Necromancy- well, I feel fancy, cause I have heard Brandson's lecture about magic systems.
    I think that the biggest issue with the Edo Tensei in cannon, not it's power.. the fact it is boring.
    Also, if it is relativly easy to do so, I think every village would have done Edo Tensei.
    Realisticly, conservative forces, never managed to stop advancment.
    (It's funny to read letters from the 19th century about how trains will ruin society in britian, and you could ctrl c z the wordings and the logic it to manifests against the internet).
    So, for one thing, the cost for such game breaking power must be high.
    Also, I think if we dare and dissect sub issues then, you can build it as something more grounded. And here, I am openly say I will be mostly inspired from Shaman King, which is manga about Necromancy, and I think it's mostly done right.

So... unlimited chakra? How? Where does it come from? DBz androids has some engine, but chakra is life force. I will argue, that without additional jutsus, Edo Tensei zombies should have 0 chakra- it also means that meta chakra jutsus won' work on them.
    But endless stamina is also an amazing thing.
    https://youtu.be/wI1exNqKHD8
    Where the chakra can come from? Well, the user? Scarfices? Still it will be limited, and you need to find a way to pass the chakra.
    Maybe cathing bijuus is essential for such task.
    And also.. how many?
    100 kage level characters need to get their chakra from somewhere.

Also, their souls/ghosts. Who to say, that it's that easy to get them? Who to say, that the souls haven't passed to a new body?
    In One Piece, for example, there is a guy who animate corpses, by putting in them the shadows(which In One Piece, seems to be part of the soul),
    And they have the personality and skills of the shadow, but the physical abilities of the corpse.

So, it lead to intresting situations- like, one of the characters is Ok-ish swordman(Brooke), and his shadow stolen to animate legendary dragon cutting Samurai called Ryuma.
    They fight, and have similiar style. (Brooke use rapier, but Ryuma has katana, so Brooke has a bit of edge on skill, but Ryuma overwhlem him with his physical abilities.
    So, like.. imagine.. Madara died billion years ago, so his soul out of reach. But Itachi died recently, so Itachi in Madara's body.
    I think such aproache make it more nuanced, and also complicated.
    It also will feel less cheap. No 100 kage level zombies with infinite chakra. Much less, and with degrees of OPness.

Maybe there also religouse factor in the forbidness of necrojutsu- maybe it disturb the Cycle Of Reicarnation or something. As Side effect evil Yokais are created in the mortal realm and stuff like that.
    you make a lot of good points. Edo Tensei is the biggest problem jutsu, I was just analyzing how. the good news is? Edo Tensei is a Tobirama invention. and in this setting we're making, Tobirama never became Hokage, so he simply wouldn't have had the time to develop it: someone else might've invented the jutsu or something like it without his special brand of genius and thus had to make do with the limitations you want.

however a few points: the point of Edo Tensei that the body is used to make this weird ash substance to imitate the original ninjas body at time of death. like, your just summoning the soul then putting in a body then that body is made into this weird ash that can't be destroyed, so that the person can use their abilities competently. I don't really like the one piece restriction of this body not matching the persons skills, its too much variables for even a crazy ninja to accept even doing, with too much potential for ending up with something that doesn't work.

I do agree that unlimited chakra is busted and shouldn't be included. needing a source of chakra would depower the jutsu by a bit and add a new weakness that makes it much more manageable, because the goal becomes either tiring out the user or destroying whatever source of chakra they're using (nature energy can't be used- it would just turn the zombie to stone).

I mean yeah, thats one of the canon reasons Edo Tensei is forbidden- it violates the cycle of reincarnation. thats what I mean by unnatural, it goes against some natural order that is implied to exist.

Life for life reicnartion works. Again, I believe we can add nuances. Maybe the revived have the memories of the one who sacrficed himself for him,and it might overwhelm him into schizophrenia?
    Otherwise, I think any kage will raise bunch of zealot fangirls and boys willing to sacrafice themselves for their Senpai.
    It's less critical here, I just think, life and death jutsus could use depth. In D&D 2e, Revive costed 5 years of the lifespan of the user, and made them older.
    It's not amazing, but is also had made clerics think hard if they like their companions THAT much.
    well the canonical jutsu requires your OWN LIFE to be sacrificed for another to life. if anything its a much higher cost than just five years. no matter what you do, your not really saving a life, your just trading one for another. sacrificing another persons life for a life is just another trade. and no amount of zealot fanboys will reverse the aging process even if you die and brought back a lot. such a kage would have to invest in anti-aging immortality jutsu anyways since I don't think such jutsu can be used to get back from old age, it would simply wouldn't make sense.

But I guess we can figure out some cost for someone brought back to get for living again if you want.

I think we can made much more with summonings gods and contacting them.but yeah, this is Forbidden Jutsu done right.
    I still haven't figured out how Shinjutsu works for Iwa, so how summoning gods themselves works, I have even less idea because that would be in some way even more powerful than getting power from a god.

I agree with most.
    About Nuke... I think, it would have been "Forbidden Jutsu" the same way nukes are forbidden jutsus for us.
    It escalte things. You can expect that you will get the same treatment. Terrorist groups however won't hesitate, which is what make small rogue ninjas comparable to the villages- they have no regrads, and not much to lose.
    Seems reasonable.

About unnatural, at least some of them, they just seems hard to master, I don't see anything "forbidden" about them.
    well the idea is that a lot of it deals with creepy things like the dead, peoples minds, trying to be immortal and thus going against the natural mortal state of life, things like that. that and a lot of these jutsu is dangerous and both the multi-shadow and eight gates are considered forbidden just for causing physical harm to the user or requiring so much chakra no one but a kage could realistically use it and live, so there is precedent for jutsu being forbidden just because it harms yourself or takes a great risk.

Time ... it's complicated. Yeah.

Space.. is something else.
    I think it's a bit like D&D planes. I actually based Usagi on this concept.
    I think this is mostly dangerouse. The animals(let's call them Yokais) are biologicaly built for dimensional travel. But yeah, I imagined Junin+ Usagi passing between dimensions.
    I think it matter of Mastery and the right "tune".

Tech.. yeah. I can see that, Shinobis would assinate anyone who try to devolp such stuff
    its less like they would assassinate them and more like steal that tech for themselves to make their village great rather than the other guy so that THEIR village can dominate the world rather than another person dominating the world. why throw away an advantage just because it was the enemy's idea?

so what I'm getting is that your problems are with how the resurrection jutsus are handled and that they could be better done. I was mostly just analyzing and deriving jutsu from canon and whats possible to do because of what we know, and what we may not want to do because of various reasons like this or that.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Your analaysis was super helpful.

About gods, I think it is supposed to be wierd and mysteriouse.
    I guess they are the avatars of concepts in reality.
    Like, Amaterasu, and very spefici ceremony and seals can summon their power.
    I can imagine Mikos, who use chakra, but has diffrent kind of training.
    Ninjas can learn Mikojutsu, and the opposite, it isn't their homefield.
    They empty theirselves to gain more and more access to the god's power.
    Sacrficing yourself summon the god for one action.

Artifacts, like masks can lower the price.

And actually important, because I imagine, that the edge that gave the win for the Sound against thhe forces of Konoha which overwhelmed them in quanity, quality and even morale-
    The sound ninjas didn't hesitated to use forbidden jutsus.
    Odayama, his wife and her sister for example used forbidden jutsus.

So.discussing forbidden jutsus is quite relevant

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Your analaysis was super helpful.

About gods, I think it is supposed to be wierd and mysteriouse.
    I guess they are the avatars of concepts in reality.
    Like, Amaterasu, and very spefici ceremony and seals can summon their power.
    I can imagine Mikos, who use chakra, but has diffrent kind of training.
    Ninjas can learn Mikojutsu, and the opposite, it isn't their homefield.
    They empty theirselves to gain more and more access to the god's power.
    Sacrficing yourself summon the god for one action.

Artifacts, like masks can lower the price.

And actually important, because I imagine, that the edge that gave the win for the Sound against thhe forces of Konoha which overwhelmed them in quanity, quality and even morale-
    The sound ninjas didn't hesitated to use forbidden jutsus.
    Odayama, his wife and her sister for example used forbidden jutsus.

So.discussing forbidden jutsus is quite relevant

1. On Mikojutsu/Shinjutsu whatever we want to call it. you have a point, these entities are mysterious so maybe they should remain so that whatever we want to do with them can be more of a specific character concept or whatever. its just a little hard, because the only example we have of such jutsu is freaking jashin, and we're not even sure if Jashin actually real, or if the abilities granted by Jashin are just another jutsu that just has religious stuff around it. we know the the shinigami is real, but its summoned by a fuinjutsu, so it might be something similar to other summons and thus not "really" a god? thats my thought on it.
    as far as priests wielding chakra and jutsu, thats never canonically confirmed or not, I don't think? like there is filler of monks and priests doing that sometimes, but I can see priests using chakra to a lesser extent as a plausible thing even if its not canon so its okay. they probably have vows not to do violence with chakra though.

2. on forbidden jutsus, yeah, I get that. my thought is that forbidden jutsu are one of the areas where we have be more unique and mysterious side of things to keep concepts based around them unique, and impactful, because when introduced they are always for the sake of a specific purpose and plot. they are jutsu that very much can drive a plot forward rather than just resolve, because they are prime things for a villain to use, they are something that makes you question whether the character should use it themselves, all that sort of thing, its similar to S-Rank or A-Rank missions in that a forbidden jutsu what it does and who is willing to get it, can be something worthy of a plot unto itself. like most if not all high-level space-time jutsu or even the canonical Flying Raijin/Thunder God Jutsu, could be the basis for something big to happen, (even though its not a kinjutsu)

because Flying Raijin is basically way to teleport around instantly as long as you have the right seal as a marker, you figure that jutsu out and your a kage-level opponent who can single-handedly end armies and wars. thats insane, that is something that can potentially replace a tailed beast. imagine what a technique like that could do if it fell into this or that persons hands and figure out how to make use of that and what people would do to get that technique, now imagine for this or that forbidden jutsu. forbidden jutsu is relevant, because some of have potential to be a macguffin or even the plot itself if powerful enough.

I got a writeup for Shinjutsu, but there is not much, I don't really know what to do with it:

Spoiler: On Shinjutsu
    Show

The art of Shinjutsu is an old one. Considered by modern fuinjutsu summoners to be outdated and not worth their time, the more scientifically inclined ninja believe it to be nothing more than primitive precursors to summoning techniques, asking greater beings for power than than calling up beings to use their power for the ninja. The practitioners however think of it as communing with gods and deities to be harmony with nature and the universe and being respectful of the world around you. Most however do not practice this art outside of Iwa and the Land of Stone. The ninja of today doubt that the beings called upon are truly gods or think they do not even exist and are just rituals that seem to require certain sacrifices to work which at times conjure things that may be living beings or just detailed highly-powerful constructs of chakra existing for the purpose of the shinjutsu. The Uzumakis in particular consider the gods real but silently know their summoning arts are greater than any shinjutsu because of their accomplishment of summoning the shinigami to their will.

Generally a Shinjutsu requires a sacrifice of something to be given a blessing or power by a deity in a ritualistic manner, but some may have different requirements. The sacrifice needs to be physical in nature like your soul, another person, food, plants, or some animal, no sacrificing intangibles like love or your emotions. Also the Shinjutsu does not last forever and needs be more sacrifices at regular intervals to be maintained. Most shinjutsu used only ask for animals to be sacrificed however.

The actual effects of the shinjutsu can be varied and unique, due to the gods mysterious nature, and two worshippers get completely different things. Any examples here are just that, examples.

List of Shinujutsu:
    Shinjutsu: Jashin
    An evil shinjutsu, the first ritual requires several sacrifices of people at once to gain complete immortality. From then on, one needs to upkeep their immortality with more sacrifices of people seemingly at every opportunity they get. One of the few ways an immortal jashinist can die is by lack of nutrition.
    Branching off from this shinjutsu is the ability to use Death Controlling Possessed Blood, and ninjutsu-jujutsu technique that requires you drink the blood of the desired enemy and to draw an insignia of Jashin on the ground and stay within it. As long as these two conditions are met, one can injure themselves to kill their opponents.
    Another jutsu used by Jashinists is Body-controlling Manipulated blood, where if both the user and target are standing within a jashin symbol and then the user gets the targets blood and using it on their puppet, allows them to damage the puppet to kill the individual, then when the victim dies, control the victims corpse through the puppet as the connection is not severed.

Shinjutsu: Amaterasu-Omikami
    With a sacrifice of an animal or flowers during the day to the sun, the user gains the power of Amaterasu, the sun goddess. The users of this shinjutsu often have made a fighting style from this to use the power of the sun to purge the world of evil influences, demons and kill even evil immortals with their sun taijutsu, as well as having techniques to restore life to plants and purify water. One must upkeep this every week with another sacrifice. The users of this technique are often hunters of evil and protectors of nature and people with good hearts and strong wills.

Shinjutsu: Hachiman
    With the sacrifice of an animal using a weapon of war, the user gains power over some aspect of warfare, such as the ability to telekinetically control all weapons with his mind. His followers often gather various weapons to control for their techniques and enhance them with fuinjutsu. It must be maintained every week, but Hachiman worship is not popular when war is not being waged.

Shinjutsu: Susanoo
    With the sacrifice of an animal, the user calls upon the power of storms.

Shinjutsu: Tsukuyomi
    The sacrifice of an animal at night of the moon, the user calls upon the power of the moon god.

Shinjutsu: Inari-Okami
    This shinjutsu calls upon the god of wealth to aid the person.

Shinjutsu: Sage of the Six Paths
    This ritual is kind of here to use as a more logical way of including the Sage of the Six Paths in a less powerful manner and without needing specific bloodlines or reincarnations. Basically its a ritual to contact his spirit and receive some of his power and/or teachings. Probably to give you Ninshuu more than anything else.

Shinjutsu: Kaguya Otsutsuki
    This ritual is just here to be more a logical way of including her as a sleeping contained evil without needing Zetsu or other such nonsense. Basically its a ritual to contact her and receive a fragment of her power in return for following her directions to help resurrect her into the world. Actually resurrecting her works as normal: gathering all the tailed beasts, putting them back into the Gedo Mazo to make the Juubi then revive Kaguya in full.

Shinjutsu: Kamuy
    This shinjutsu is the most used in Iwa to call upon the old spirits of the land before the gods of other nations were worshipped, they are still in Iwa today to

Shinjutsu: Shinigami
    Basically an expansion on whats possible from the Reaper Death Seal, while not really summoning the shinigami and more making a deal with the shinigami in general in a less sudden way.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if anything, you write stuff into order. Which is good.
    My brain is a chaotic mess. I hate it.

I can imagine it, as a thing of the Iwa village.
    Anyway, maybe it's techniques mostly weren't meant for battle? It's about set of mind
    Ninja trained to spy and kill.
    Priest is on spiritual journey to connect with his god, and when needed he is fighting.
    I can imagine most Villages not big fans of this.

Maybe clan Mayuwi, used to be priests,but it weren't enough, and they transfomed into a shinobi clan

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

So what next for us?

On my agenda I has mission outside the village, that start with bandits and ending up with a banished Uchiha.

Party(!!!) For the Hope Generation, which will lead to the conclusion of Futiloty-Arc.

Wish list-
    Ways to normalize Usagi and Kimiko
    Interaction with other teams.
    Interaction with citizens to hit mark on our characters's Shinobiness.
    Some heist action with/against the Bye Bye Kitties.

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Well good news is that, we've got a timetable.

see, the Chuunin Exams is held every six months, so twice a year. The Genin only get if their sensei feels they are ready and sign a form about it. That means we have at least up up to six months of in -game time to do whatever we want before that happens. Whether that be training, slice of life moments, and all those things you want. furthermore, Genin often do a lot of D-Rank missions before getting even one C-rank. about at least a month of D-Ranks if the many naruto fan fictions I've read are to be believed- and trust me you would not believe how many of those go over this kind of stuff as if its lockstep and wrote. there is nearly always a D-rank timeskip before a land of waves arc in them, and the Land of Waves arc nearly always does something to make that arc turn out happier than canon.

but yeah, there is no rush, we could have a month go by and it would be completely plausible and even recommended for the shinobi involved as they want the genin to get used to doing work as a ninja on a daily basis and working together as teammates that can respect each other if not friends before putting them into any sort of danger.

so the question is, what do we want to happen over the course of at least one month before that C-rank? and of course, how far is the Chuunin exams? which, is held at MAJOR shinobi villages, the Sound village can only send their teams to some place else big and intimidating and full of foreign shinobi, they don't got the luxury of the canon konoha Chuunin exam being at home when we get around to that.

Wishlist:
    I would at least introduce Team 2 and their sensei at some point to get that out of the way, nothing else specifically, I'd just write various situations for people to express themselves without having to be serious and whatnot, because the ninja of Naruto pretty much devolve into lovable goofs, eccentric trolls and comedy sketches when nothing important is happening.

Edit: also stuff with Jirou that will be important if we're beginning the Otokage succession thing this early. in the sense that Jirou will have some business to take care of when he hears of the Otokage's decision before he focuses on the process of becoming the next one which will probably take some time before the hat is officially passed
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-11-27 at 10:02 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

I see. Do you mind, taking the next mission/episode?
    I couldn't yet find balance betweem GMing, and playing Usagi without hogging the roleplay.

tiny nitpick, the Ottokage is in early forties.
    Why would he be worried already about succession? This is a diffrent question, however, he might die in the end of "Futility-san" Arc.

hmm, Chunin exams in Konohao could be powerful from many reasons.
    This arc, is actually what made fall for the sound.
    They seemed so much more... "gang"-ish in comprasion to Konoha. like they have seen sheet

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

I see. Do you mind, taking the next mission/episode?
    I couldn't yet find balance betweem GMing, and playing Usagi without hogging the roleplay.

tiny nitpick, the Ottokage is in early forties.
    Why would he be worried already about succession? This is a diffrent question, however, he might die in the end of "Futility-san" Arc.

hmm, Chunin exams in Konohao could be powerful from many reasons.
    This arc, is actually what made fall for the sound.
    They seemed so much more... "gang"-ish in comprasion to Konoha. like they have seen sheet
    Of course. You'll see some things happening with Jirou and how that will affect Kimiko and thus the team, don't you worry.

as for the succession: I've read a lot of fan-fics where the thought is that the average ninja's lifespan is actually shorter than normal, and that most shinobi don't live past the age of 30, which has some sense to it: a war-torn world that still uses child soldiers isn't exactly one where people expect to live long:
    Itachi? yeah, he is 22, and he killed his entire clan when he was 13- the age when most ninja are genin. Kakashi? about 28, 29 and thus so is Gai, Asuma, Kurenai, Obito. Kabuto is about 24 at most.
    these are ages that by modern definitions are people that should still have their entire lives ahead of them, and already they're training the next generation while having not much better of an idea of how to handle anything than the kids and teens that stepping up to the plate. war unsurprisingly, screws up life expectancy, how people live their lives- and the mindset isn't much different from how feudal societies like Game in Thrones put sixteen year old into lord positions and expect them to fight and make decisions for entire kingdoms. after all to such a culture, death is everywhere, can't really wait to do anything properly when it needs to be done now.

So a 40 year old kage being someone thinking about a successor is still plausible in Jirou's eyes: after all, lots of ninja don't even get to 40. Sarutobi and Onoki themselves are kind of those rare people who manage to make as old as they do. for perspective, most estimates of the amount of time the whole Village Era of Naruto takes place is somewhere in the range of 80 years, maybe 100 at most. thats one full lived lifetime. to the inhabitants of Naruto, World Wars 1, 2 AND 3 have all happened in the span of time for a man to grow old and die, there might still be people who lived through the first shinobi war, not in great numbers and very old now but they might still be there.

Jirou himself is only 18, having been Genin for probably one year at most and Chunin for five. and thats not some state of genius, thats like the average you can expect. in the real world most armies don't accept recruits until they're 16 and have limited tour of duties that might not even reach five years. ninja life ain't exactly a good one. as for assassinations well....your kind of proving my point about warfare screwing up life expectancy here. if he does get assassinated, that just proves to Jirou that the Otokage was right to already be naming a successor and that he was pushing his age as it was.
    like for further proof, Minato Namikaze? early twenties when he died. Yagura Karatachi doesn't look that old either. Gaara was made Kazekage by his village between Ages 13 and 16 and no one even bats an eye at it when he was a psychopathic killer not long before. so these villages being willing to put potentially dangerous unstable jinchuuriki in leadership positions at young ages, just because they're incredibly strong? kind of says a lot about their priorities in this world and what they expect to happen to people in that position.

and yeah, the Chunin Exams being in Konoha would be pretty nice and falls neatly into a plan of mine, and makes sense from an in-world perspective as well because frankly the three Exams a Sound team can most conveniently go to from their geographical position is Konoha, Iwa and Kumo.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Oh.
    I m glad, that we are more or less understand each other. It's refreshing.

Yeah, I think we can expect some catharsic(eww. How this greek word go? Boo for me, for trying to use "big" words I learn from youtube reviewers)

Yeah, I didn't realized this.
    I guess forties IS relativly old. I guess elder ninjas are badass,simply because otherwise, they won't survive.

Nozoro by the way, doesn't care much for power in the direct sense.
    As we have established, he secretly isn't that great at fighting. (But he get by..)
    I actually planned for the succession be an issue.
    Like, Odayama's wife as one of three Junins and the Anbu captain, believing it should be her.

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Oh.
    I m glad, that we are more or less understand each other. It's refreshing.

Yeah, I think we can expect some catharsic(eww. How this greek word go? Boo for me, for trying to use "big" words I learn from youtube reviewers)

Yeah, I didn't realized this.
    I guess forties IS relativly old. I guess elder ninjas are badass,simply because otherwise, they won't survive.

Nozoro by the way, doesn't care much for power in the direct sense.
    As we have established, he secretly isn't that great at fighting. (But he get by..)
    I actually planned for the succession be an issue.
    Like, Odayama's wife as one of three Junins and the Anbu captain, believing it should be her.
    Its catharsis. things that are of catharsis, are cathartic.

and his wife wanting it will be an issue, we can play that out when it comes to that. its just Jirou preparing to become a successor is something full of drama and problems with the clan all of its own on a smaller scale before that ever happens. for reasons that will become clear, whether Jirou will explains it himself or demonstrates.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Mmm.. two weeks ago I have broken my wrist, and lately were in psychological therapy that did just bad to me.
    Well.
    Excuses. But I am back. I am slow, but I hope you find me reliable enough.

----
    Well, problems is what create a story!
    Character A and character B want the same thing, is the oldest plot, yet easy to make work.

About her... eh, sometimes I use pics for inspiration, but I didn't completly decided on her looks.
    But so far, what clicked with me the best-
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20130630142450

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...uxNyKpahsEaSkE

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.1514...,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

I need to find her a fitting name.
    But in short, she has a "protagnist" personality, just more... savage then usual. Maybe a bit like Erza from.Fairy Tail?

She doesn't hold back. She made herself and her sister to start a Kekkei bloodline with a mad expriement, which most of their friends died trying.
    She is smart, but can be reckless. She preffer taijutsu, and if she has any weakness, that as cat, when she sure she has won, she like to play with her "prey"
    Those traits are toned down by her love and loyalty to her family, friends and the village.
    Also, Odayama is the one to balance her the most.

Also, wisely(?), Nozojo put her as the Commander of the Anbu, where she has to tone her wild tendency, for the safety of the anbu agents.
    She is very proud, and believe in the "might make right'- but more complex then the run around villian-
    Simply, she believe stronger ninja is a better ninja.
    She isn't a bully, but in a world of warriors it make sense.
    She simply believe she is the best for the job, if she is proven wrong, she will bow respectfully and serve the new Ottokage with the same vigor and zealose.

Does her character make sense?

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

oh, a broken wrist? super understandable. I don't blame you. don't worry, I had other games to keep me occupied.

as for her, yeah makes sense, and I can Jirou being reminded of his own sister in some respects when talking to her. but yeah, a few things will be happening because of Jirou learning this. also I should come up with a clan symbol for the Ishikawas. like a paper crane, that seems fitting.

Edit: I admit, my first plans have been kind of derailed with Nozojo's suggestions, but I think I can now set up even more of a powder keg with them.

Edit 2: NOTICE: I will be gone from Friday to Sunday for three days for a family near-christmas thing, and will not be able to respond until then, just letting you know.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-12-19 at 10:49 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, sorry.
    But I do think a lot about Ottokagure.
    And sorry if I have derailed your plans for Jirou. By the way, he is free to refuse... you want me to change Nozojo's reaction?
    Now, another character I danced and teased around beside Odayama's wife. is the first Ottokage.
    Originally, I thought more will be join, and I wanted to give room for others to make stuff, but as the game went on, I reffrenced him, and he is quite important for the village's culture and politics.

I have a general idea for him, but I have searched for an inspiration from media and/or history.
    This is sort a taboo subject, but my brain forced me to think about the first Ottokage.
    Mordechai Anilveich https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordechai_Anielewicz
    In short, in the hollocaust he was the leader of the jewish ghetto's Warsaw rebellion, and they fought for few weeks against the nazi army, which had to burn the gheto house by house to stop them.
    They knew it was doomed to fail, and at least as history record, this guy told to his men:"We won't be slaughtered as lambs. We are fighting to gain a line about us in the history books."
    So, I imagined a leader with a fatal point of view, giving hope to people who believe that all is doomed.
    But.. in Ottokagute case, they happened to win.

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, I had an idea for a surprise training/test for Jirou, but it can wait. Something akward, fun, yet important.

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Well, just because Jirou tries to do the Otokage's plan, doesn't mean he'll succeed, or that it won't be without complication, or that the result of his success won't lead to something more troublesome.

after all, we don't know what this Masuku's girl deal is, what they're involved in and how it will affect things, we don't know the Masuku clan in general will take it, things like that there is room for this plan to just lead to whole a bunch of different unforeseen problems. I don't want the characters to be made more stupid for the sake of plot when we could have them make the seemingly smartest decision and figure out ways for those decisions to still have unexpected problems and consequences as a result, or for those plans to not always succeed, because the smartest plan doesn't always work out, Jirou could simply be unable to find a Masuku girlfriend simply because they see no reason to go through with it or give him the time of day, because a guy suddenly taking an interest in trying to date Masuku women specifically is kind of creepy or something.

like there are multiple failure points here:
    Jirou might not find a Masuku girlfriend
    Jirou might not succeed in taking clan head from Mitsuko
    Jirou might do everything right....but still teach Kimiko the wrong lesson by example as a result

and thats just three off the top of my head. there are degrees of success and failure here and I just have to figure out how MUCH Jirou succeeds and what parts for him to succeed at. and of course, what success means really if he does. because if he does, he'll be at least taking on the responsibility of a clan head which might mean how he interacts with Kimiko might change anyways, just in a different way. and who knows how this hypothetical Masuku girlfriend will affect things? don't assume the person he gets will be some beneficial or purely beneficial just because.

My goal right now is to basically figure out how to set up as many ticking time bombs as possible, so that further down the line they explode at some point and cause even more drama. Sort of like setting up dominoes and waiting for the time that the first one gets pushed. and sometimes, the worst things can come from the best decisions. people like to think otherwise, but good things can come from bad, and bad things can come from good things, some of the time.

just gotta figure out the details, cause the devil....is always in them.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Those are very valid point.
    Of course a great mystery,, is what the Masukus's agenda? And them as induvdials?

And it sound good and intruging. I also, wanted to give Jirou trainings. Less of "new knock off of kamemeha", more trainings in deception, charisma and leadership.
    And also, making the radio station function.
    It hold more then few secrets.

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

I know I screwed up even before the forums have fell down.
    Any chance you still want us to continue this story?

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Yes? Please? any other positive synonyms I can come up with?

I have been unable to roleplay myself for like, two weeks igor! I had to binge-watch The Unexpectables to get my fill! I don't and am never going to care if you think you screwed up, because you haven't and this roleplay is a good thing going! I want that to be kept going. pleeeeease continue, me likes the story for the sake of it.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Oh.
    Alright!
    I am mostly meant my lack of replies.
    Ok.
    Thank you. I'll work on a good-ish reply asap!

------
    My previouse Avater