New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

*Pokes the Raz*

Thought based on recent experiences.

Since Senko's theory is that complete mastery of nature manipulation would drastically improve her Sage Mode, that doing so would result in some aspect of the element being made manifest in ger sage mode.

So, say in the future that she manages to master her clan's sage mode, snake sage mode, combine them into dragon safe mode, then manages to master water release, that would mean that she now has "water dragon" sage mode which would... I don't know.. The only thing i can think of is using water Release and Senninka to rip off the Houki-clan's liquefication abilities. Maybe there's a sheen of liquid on her at all times and her hair flows like she's underwater.

This would only apply to the five basic elements, not fusion elements, and she might not be able to conflict elements at the same time.

If she hypothetically mastered all five elements, the cosmetic effects would sort of cancel out but then she'd be able to move in and out of them instantly and mix and match them more easily.

Obviously, Earth would involve stone bones.

I've also got the mental image of Daichi, Senko's relative, traveling with a small posse of outcasts and misfits with unique powers and personality quirks. He just sort of met them on his travels and they came with him becuase they have nothing better to do.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Titan in the Playground

oh sorry uh...that sounds cool. I got distracted by things.

my plans! uh. somehow get those three Sound nin I introduced some sheets, been thinking about taking all my writeups for the setting info and putting into a google doc to save on links and such, just one convenient document where all my setting stuff is one place to check instead of scattered on random posts on the forum. been thinking about researching Chuunin Exam test ideas to get a better idea of what to do for that.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #1173

I'm thinking that Daichi's posse consists of an exotic element user, a dojutsu user, and a guy with a freaky body thing as either a bloodline or a bunch of hidden techniques.

If I recall, your Cloud write-up has a clan of cloned Crystal users? Would a "defective" clone, or the child of a clone who has deformities, disabilities, or health issues, be a viable thing that could have happened? I'm thinking they're the newest 'recruit' of the group, fled from Cloud becuase they just... Weren't able to get help for their issues in the toxic, crimeridden, workaholic environment you've described cloud as having. She's not legally a missing ninja, but that isn't stopping people from hunting her like one.

The others I'm thinking... a Reizagan user and someone with that bloodline that's a perfected version of the "sea monster" thing from that one filler episode I did write up for....gonna see if I can find that.

Edit: And reposting bloodline writeups.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Kuwaga Clan of Earth Country, during puberty, naturally... Molt, per see, developing a hard carapase which then sheds off showing that their body has changed. Common features include the growth of an additional pair of limbs, or a softer, more flexible version of the carapace before protecting the limbs and torso. Rarely, members of the clan will also possess chitinous blades on their primary arms that superficially resemble the mandibles of a stag beetle, which earns the clan its name. The clan possesses several hidden techniques that use Yang Chakra that allows those who don't naturally have the blades to produce them temporarily, as well as others that involve temporarily armoring themselves in Chitin or taking on additional beetle-like traits. A branch family instead take on the traits of rhinoceros beetles, and they have a rivalry with the main family.

A rare ability possessed by some members of several families throughout the land of Hot Water, the reizagan is a dojutsu categorized by the eye glowing a solid color when active. People with the reizagan can fire small, concentrated beams of chakra from heir pupils with an effect determined by their elemental affinity, at the cost od temporarily blinding themselves--they can't see and shoot at the same time. Rarely, someone who masters multible elements can change the effect of their reizagan.

Kaima: An artificial bloodline, created by years of genetic experiments involving combining human DNA with that of fish, amphibians, and reptiles.
    With an effort of will, someone with the synthetic Kaima bloodline can transform into a scaled form with fangs and claws and the ability to function equally well on land or in the water. Water elemental affinities are common and several hidden techniques based on Kama anatomy exist/ The bloodline can be grafted into new subjects, but the survival rate is very, very low. Most who possess it are the children of surviving test subjects.

The last one is based on the "Kaima Capture Mission" filler arc.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-09-23 at 03:48 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #1174

I'm going to save a Daichi profile for when we actually meet him.

These are experimental, if there's something problematic about them let me know.

Spoiler: Reiko
    Show
    Name: Reiko.
    Statio: Wandering Misfit/Former Bandit.
    Spoiler: Appearance
    Show
    Reiko is a slender child with fair skin, black hair worn long, and eyes the grey of a stormy morning sky. She, like her companions, wears a nondescript gey robe, with a hood, that extends to the writs and the ankles.

When her Rezagan is active, her eyes glow a solid white.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Reiko is outwardly very cold, showing almost no emotion, and is in fact somewhat emotionally stunted. She does, however, share a strong but unspoken bond with Batch 3 Subject 9, for who she shows open, if muted, affection.

She very rarely speaks, and when she does it is terse.

Spoiler: History
    Show
    Reiko was born in the Land of Hot Water. When she was four, she was accompanying her parents, merchants, on a trip through the Land of Rice when their carriage was waylaid by a clan of particularly bloodthirsty bandits.

The family's bodyguards and Reiko's parents were slaughtered, but the stress of the situation caused the Rezagan bloodline that lied dormant in her family for generations to activate, and without even realizing what was going on she shot one of the assailants dead with focused beams of chakra.

The head of the bandit clan, a screwed man with no empathy, saw potential in this power and ordered Reiko brought back to the hideout where, for the next four years she was all but literally raised as an attack dog for the bandit clan, using her dojutsu to destroy the wheels on wagons or snipe bodyguards. The bandit clan made much profit exploiting her like this, but she saw none of it, being fed scraps ad being kept in a pen.

Two years ago, the bandit clan attempted to rob what appeared to be two wandering hermits. When their initial ambush failed, the elder of the two gave their assailants a choice between going home and rethinking their life or continuing in their criminal endeavors.

They chose poorly.

Once the bodies were buried, the two travelers turned their attention to the dead-eyed, malnourished child wearing filthy rags and... Fed her. After some gently coursing, Reiko agreed to lead them back to the camp where they packed up anything that the child felt entitled to after her captivity and then accompanied them into the Land of Lightning.

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show
    Reiko possesses chakra comparable to a well-trained genin, near-perfect chakra control, and moderate proficiency in nature transformation but only rudimentary skill in shape manipulation. She has learned how to walk on water but skipped over tree climbing. Reiko has a wind affinity chakra nature

Rezagan: The rezagan is a dojutsu kekkei Genkai that allows the user to fire highly focused beams of elemental chakra from their eyes at the cost of blinding themselves for as long as the beam is active. In Reiko's case, her eye-beams are white and possess a great deal of cutting power, allowing her to bypass all but the most potent of mundane armor and easily slice through most mundane materials by tracing her beam along them. She can fire her beam in pulses or continuously.

Marksman: Reiko can land a clear shot on a mundane moving target from up to two kilometers away, assuming she has a clear line of sight or a reliable spotter.

Spoiler: Other
    Show
    Reiko is mildly claustrophobic and has a pathological hatred of being caged both stemming from living in a pen like an animal from age four to age eight. Other than Subject 9, these are the only thing that can reliable spark a noticeable emotional response.

Spoiler: Subject 9
    Show
    Name: Batch 3 Subject 9.
    Station: Wandering Misfit/Escaped Test Subject
    Show
    Subject 9 has an average complexion and short brown hair. He is built like an Olympic swimmer, but this is not always apparent due to the grey robe he wears constantly.

In his Kaima form, he is covered head to toe in dark sea-green scales, except on his belly where they're an off-white, like the belly of a gator. His hair is replaced by a sailed fin across his scalp and the back of his head, his eyes become slit, and his teeth become a mouthful of fangs. His fingers and toes become webbed and sharp claws replace his nails. He also spouts gills and a serpent-like tail with sharklike fins near the tip.

Show
    Subject 9 is very easy-going, compassionate, and does his best to take everything in stride. He'll also kill you in a heartbeat if he thinks you're a threat to himself or his Found Family.

Subject 9 has taken personal responsibility for the care of Reiko and in private can be seen doting on her like an indulgent older brother, and makes a great effort to be kind and accomodating to DG, who he views as a kindred spirit due to their shared background as products of made science.

Show
    Subject 9 is the only surviving member of an attempt to replicate and enhance the artificial Kaima bloodline.

Subject 9 was a test-tube baby, an egg cell from one successful Kaima test subject fertilized with a sperm cell from another, genetically manipulated as an embryo, and then implanted in a surrogate ho carried him to term Subject 9 had eleven genetic siblings created the same way, but subjects 1-7 and subject 12 were stillborn and the rest died due to birth defects.

Subject 9's childhood was spent alternating between basic education(and later shinobi training) and being subjected to frequent, often painful, and many times invasive tests and experiments to learn the extent of his abilities and why he survived when his siblings did not.

When he was eleven he killed the scientists working on the project and fled, not stopping until he was well beyond the borders of the Land of Sea.

Now free, Subject 9 decided to travel the continent and discover himself. He could probably have found other Kaima subjects. There was a whole clan born from the descendants of previous subjects... But Subject 9 was told that his genetic parents donated their gametes for the experiment willingly. and so doesn't trust anyone else who can turn into a Kaima.

While in the land of fire, Subject 9 ran into a hermit coming back from a hidden place. The hermit claimed to be tracing his extended clan's history in order to answer the question of where a mysterious power was, and Subject 9, intrigued, asked if he could accompany the older man.

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show
    Subject 9 has chakra equivalent to a genin of exceptional skill and moderate chakra control. He can tree walk, water walk, and use the basic academy Jutsu in addition to some very basic water release. He has a very strong affinity to water.

Kaima Form. At will, Subject 9 can transform into a humanoid sea monster with traits of fish, reptiles, and amphibians. In this state, he can breathe both freshwater and seawater, has vastly enhanced speed and strength, and has access to two techniques.

Water Release: Large Projectile. In Kaima Form, Subject 9 can project a high-pressure blast of water from his mouth

Scale Senbon. In Kaima form, Subject 9 can project the scales on his arms and torso forward at high velocity in an area-wide enough to hit up to six people at once.

Show
    Subject 9 habitually wears bathing suits instead of underwear.

Spoiler: DG
    Show
    Name: DG
    Station: Wandering Misfit/Runaway
    Show
    DG has pale skin and bluish-grey hair pulled back in a ponytail and black eyes. She wears a grey robe and has the appearance of wearing open-toed boots that appears to be made of...Ruby?

Show
    DG is a member of a clan from Cloud, born from the "Crystal Children" incident where cells were forcibly extracted from a Crystal Release user and used to clone several children.

A flaw in the cloning process resulted in genetic damage in one of DG's ancestors. The defective genes didn't manifest in the first generation, but in DG they result in a frail frame and constitution. Without an exoskeleton to help support her, DG cannot walk. with it she suffers no issue other than getting tired easily

In the workaholic high-pressure Cloud Village, a girl who can't work and can't be a ninja is no use to anyone, leaving DG to be neglected. She wasn't left on the streets to starve, but no one really had time for her and anyone tending to her treated her like a burden Eventually, she managed to self-teach herself enough about chakra use to create her own techniques and through them teach herself how to walk.

Because of this neglect and self-reliance, she finds herself having difficulty trusting others... Though after running away from home and finding herself among a group of misfits, she finds herself grateful for the kindness they've shown her

Show
    DG spent her childhood neglected because of her sickness. She didn't mean to train in secret, it's just that nobody ever paid her any mind.

When it was discovered that she'd been self-teaching in crystal release and had used it to create an exoskeleton to support herself, immediately talk became about what a genius she was and how great an asset she'd be to her clan and village.

DG's thoughts on that were made apparent the next morning when her bedroom was empty save for a crudely drawn picture of a butt left on her nightstand. Why should she serve a clan or village that didn't care for her until she was useful? That ignored that she still had problems?

This was a... Mistake. She'd have starved to death in the wilderness if she hadn't coincidentally been found by a wandering hermit as he surveyed the area where he and two children in his care had set up camp. That was a few months ago.

While she was never officially a ninja and is thus legally free to roam, that hasn't stopped an unofficial bounty from being put out on her head.

Spoiler: Abiities
    Show
    DG is entirely self-taught and so has very skewed progress. Constant use of her corundum exoskeleton technique has allowed her to build up an absurd level of chakra and control there off, but her ability to use it is restricted exclusively to Crystal Release Chakra Flow. She could certainly learn, but...

She has no ability to use taijutsu due to her lack of mobility and physical strength, though has managed to become very proficient with throwing knives,

Corundum Exoskeleton: By regulating the flow of chakra within her body while twisting it to a crystal nature, DG is able to create a series of braces along her limbs and torso composed of interconnected segments of chakra-reinforced ruby. These braces lock and unlock instantly and automatically as needed so that she can sit up, stand, and walk, though running is beyond her at this time.

Corundum Armor: If needed, DG can expand her exoskeleton into a suit of heavy armor providing her a solid defense in exchange for cutting her movement speed.

Corrundom Kunai: By adjusting the flow of chakra in her wrists ever so slightly, DG can cause a throwing knife to grow from her exoskeleton or armor. It functions like a high-quality kunai, but will break down ad dissolve within five minutes of being thrown unless sealed.

Show
    DG is the only member of the Wandering Misfits to wear any kind of footwear.

DG is the one I'm most concerned about, both for balance reasons and for story reasons.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Titan in the Playground

yeah these people fit. Lightning's an economic powerhouse and threw everything else to the side to become so.

as for balance? Well you haven't given any scores for their taijutsu, ninjutsu and genjutsu/Genjutsu Defense. A safe bet is just putting all C's and stick to the Genjutsu Defense version unless they have a focus in genjutsu.

and I guess you were generally right about the scores being a "one up, one down" thing for B-rank stuff, but I'm not putting a hard rule on that. I don't want to gamify it too much, but rather stick to the logic of the abilities being actual things in this world and this world is a bit unfair, so some things are a bit unbalanced because its a raw deal like that. like unless they are explicitly really skilled in one general area of jutsu, I wouldn't worry about that and just put all C's, genjutsu defense default for Reiko and Subject 9. but go B rank ninjutsu, C-rank Genjutsu Defense for DG and whatever you want that is low for Taijutsu since DG's not good at it, though personality I'd give DG more ninjutsu options because she would need them to make up for the lack of taijutsu to my logic, but thats just me. thats how I'd balance them, but its just explaining my logic, I'm not saying you HAVE to.

6. - Top - End - #1176

Yeah, I should probably give a taijutsu rank for Subject 9 but...

Like, Reiko has no genjutsu skill or resistance becuase she wasn't taught that. She was taught how to snipe people with her dojutsu and Subject 9 taught her to walk on water. If that doesn't work I can just go with the default level unless stated otherwise but...

My comment on balance is... DG has an absurd amount of raw power for someone her age and with her health, but only becuase she's constantly using a specific technique almost all the time so it's like she's training 24/7. She doesn't really have any reasonable means of using that power.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, those work, the all C's thing is just the recommended amount. if she doesn't have any training in defending against genjutsu, then she doesn't. oh well. too bad for her.

as for DG.....well okay, then what would say that technique is able to logically withstand? because we know that Gaara was able to make a pretty good defense shell technique thing but that was powered by like, jinchuuriki levels of power? though his adopted son was able to manage something similar with his magnetism. but both were able to be pierced by sufficient power. so what level of defense do we say those are, and what level of defense do we say is DG's compared to that?

8. - Top - End - #1178

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yeah, those work, the all C's thing is just the recommended amount. if she doesn't have any training in defending against genjutsu, then she doesn't. oh well. too bad for her.

as for DG.....well okay, then what would say that technique is able to logically withstand? because we know that Gaara was able to make a pretty good defense shell technique thing but that was powered by like, jinchuuriki levels of power? though his adopted son was able to manage something similar with his magnetism. but both were able to be pierced by sufficient power. so what level of defense do we say those are, and what level of defense do we say is DG's compared to that?
    Well, the specific crystal she's using is corundum, which is the second hardest naturally occurring mineral—on the mohs scale of hardess, corundom is a 9 while diamond is a 10.

It's also reinforced with chakra, but most of that reinforcement would be in allowing it to adjust as needed not in increasing its durability...

Okay, checking the wiki, none of the armor techniques have a given rank so we can't compare.

In the Naruto Wheel, Earth beats water and is weak to lightning becuase it uses different logic from Pokemon. So, let's say water release techniques are less than effective: You could knock her down with one, but not get through the armor, unless it's a specialized technique or something but most Lightning techniques will ea right through it.

Like, we agreed that Crystal would be the "strongest" type of Earth, Like Typhoon to Wind and Blaze to Fire, right?

I think it wold be fair that Lee around the time he fought Gaara would be able to punch hard enough to shatter her armor.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Well, the specific crystal she's using is corundum, which is the second hardest naturally occurring mineral—on the mohs scale of hardess, corundom is a 9 while diamond is a 10.

It's also reinforced with chakra, but most of that reinforcement would be in allowing it to adjust as needed not in increasing its durability...

Okay, checking the wiki, none of the armor techniques have a given rank so we can't compare.

In the Naruto Wheel, Earth beats water and is weak to lightning becuase it uses different logic from Pokemon. So, let's say water release techniques are less than effective: You could knock her down with one, but not get through the armor, unless it's a specialized technique or something but most Lightning techniques will ea right through it.

Like, we agreed that Crystal would be the "strongest" type of Earth, Like Typhoon to Wind and Blaze to Fire, right?

I think it wold be fair that Lee around the time he fought Gaara would be able to punch hard enough to shatter her armor.
    Okay so.....Crystal would be strongest, Lee when he was punching that hard was in 5/8 Gates mode, so.....I'd say her armor's A-Rank then. which would be probably about what I'd put Gaara's ultimate defense thing at as well. that sound reasonable?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-09-24 at 07:18 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1180

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Okay so.....Crystal would be strongest, Lee when he was punching that hard was in 5/8 Gates mode, so.....I'd say her armor's A-Rank then. which would be probably about what I'd put Gaara's ultimate defense thing at as well. that sound reasonable?
    Okay yeah that's fine.

Gonna be honest, I went with corundum so I could make a joke about ruby slippers.

Also, I imagine that her armor is like, an actual suit of armor so if that changes things.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Titan in the Playground

[SPOILER=The Cult Of Sosenshuai]
    Spoiler: Sosenshuhai- Ansector Worship
    Show

Almost all humans worship their ansectors in more and less subtle ways. People who view death in perfectly rational way are rare: All civilizations pay respect to the dead; bury or burn their corpses.
    And those who aren't,are usually considered sociopathic monsters.
    There are prooves for this even from the prehistory.
    Memorize them in special places and days.
    Humans aren't really ready to forget their loved ones.
    Sayings like "Grandma are watching us from above"
    or even. "Father... what would you do?"
    So cults or religions of ancestor worship can touch people at near primal emotions.

The exact age, that the established cult/religion of Sosenshuai were found is merky at best. The wars which have devasted the land of stone,combined with the tradition of the cult to NOT to write, make it diffuclt to write a timeline with scientic accuracy.
    But when Iwagakure were officaly found the Sosenshuaists were a fact.
    At the post war, more people have joined the cult more then ever.
    The first Sosen High Priest of the Land of stone, with the help of the first Tshucikage have created an artifact-
    a hanya mask.
    Mask
    https://onepieceex.net/wp-content/up...Piece.jpg.webp
    which is special,as at every diffrent angle the mask is viewed at,it has a diffrent expression- rage, happiness, sadness.. all in one mask of grief.
    Belivers have sealed a pact, bleeding on the mask, as early as they join the cult. So usually... babies. This is one of the rituals that weaponize fear and hate of the Sosenshuai cult.
    On the theological sphere, it symbolize a pact with the community, and ancestors, even beyond the grave.
    But it had a practial use- teing the soul into a "Ancestor Community", and make yourself aviable for the decandents to be summoned and used. It also offer a cheap "immortaility" in a way- you are still influencing the world after death.
    Some of the more known tenents and rules.

Reiacarnation Is Torture- So struggle and fight to stay yourself even after death.
    Another life with no memories of your previouse life, is a fate worse then hell.

- Commitment Is Eternal: Death isn't an excuse to break a promise.
    - As you still can interact with the world, death isn't a reason to break promises. Dead, will seek to complete missions they have failed to do.
    and also,they are "extremly" monogamic: no divorce is possible, death of a spous doens't end the relationship.
    This rule used by the Sosenshuai haters to accuse as necrophilia. But it's more of a spiritual things.
    On rare occasions, with the blessings of a priest, living cultist- usually a sibling of the dead,can host the dead spous to be used for... an union.
    This also, doesn't sit well with many outside of the cult.
    As Shinobis the Eternal Commitment Tenet make them zealots in their loyalty to the village and very reliable at fulfilling missions.

- What was before was better, and will keep getting better-
    - For people outside of the cult, this will be a bizzare concept. Maybe even look silly.
    There is a duty to represent the acnestors in greater light then they were before. An ancedotal example will be given now:
    80 years ago, an Ashigaru called Haku were killed while he ran away from an enemy ashigaru.
    His children's duty is to tell that Haku died facing an enemy.
    His grandchildren's duty would be to tell he died while fighting half dozen ashigarus, while covering for his friends.
    His grandgrandchildren duty would be to tell, he died while facing a shinobi.
    And so on.
    The Sosenshuai, as the refuse to believe in final end, believe they can change the past as much as they can change the future- future and past are just mirrors to each other, and by doing so, they are helping their ancestors.
    Sosenshuai's critica and haters, would just frame them as glorified fairytale tellers.

Also, every fullmoon they hold a festival in the honor of the dead.

- Gaido Sosen(Guide Ancestor)
    Every Sosenshuai cultist, wether a chakra user or not, during his/her life will get through three Gaido Sosens.
    When s/he learn to speak properly enough,the first Gaido Sosen summoning ritual is done. Usually a ghost of a child, slightly older to act as an older sibling.
    "Onisan"
    When the cultist's parents with an aproval of a priest he is ready to move to the second Gaido Sosen.
    Usually, the spirit will be Sensei/Senpai of sort, usually one to guide him in the proffesion he supposed to train.
    and the third, is picked by the culitst himself,when he has decided what his role and status in life should be.
    For normal citizens, it's mostly a thought/imagnation excresis- they learn on deep levels the history and the character of the Gaido Sosen, and act and imagine what would he tell and teach them. It's an inspirational. Some time, enter a trance and act as if (and maybe actually?) being possesed by them.

Unlike many other religiouse groups, Then Sosenshuais are very accepting of crossing genders- an induvdial can manifest it, by picking a ghost of other gender. So a man can pick as his third Gaidon Sosen a female, and live as a female, and the opposite- and it will accepted as their sacred duty to act on it.

For shinobis, this is a practical process.
    The actual ghost is bonded, using both the holy mask and the shinobi's chakra with a sacred tattoo seal.
    The first Gaido Sosen usually manifest as voice in the child's head.
    When a Sosenshuhaist become a genin he get a Chunin at least ghost instead,unless he mental fortitude and chakra can handle the first Gaido Sosen.
    The third Gaido Sosen has to be picked by the shinobi himself.
    The Shinobi need to carry a "totem" that tie the soul he interact with.

E rank Sosenjutsu- the ghost give extra senses, and can for example see from the back of the head of the host

D rank Sosenjutsu- the host can acess the skillset and knowledge of the ghost based on his chakra and physical abilities.

C rank Sosenjutsu- Acess to the soul library of the cult. Knowing a name, he can summon into himself one of them. This help them to be jack of all trades- they can summon a ghost of craftman. For example.

B rank- "Ghost Beyond Pain" more defensive mode- switch some of the host's senses with the ghost- so he can decide not to feel pain, or give a general resistance/immunity to genjutsu

A rank-"Ghost Blade"- through the chakra, the shinobi can manifest weapons made of ghost/energy/chakra, invisble, to those who aren't spiritually awakened. Normal Byakugan and rasengan won't concieve it directly.

S Rank-Kali-Avatar- mostly a powerup. The shinobi summon dozens of ghosts inside, having their skills, knowledge and power.
    More dramaitcly, it give him access to extra arms, which can make three jutsus on parallel.
    This technique tax the mental health of the user as dozens of personalities are summoned into him.

[SPOILER/]

Spoiler: Iwa Priestess
    Show

'
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Kali. (The priest always called Kali)
    Height: Quite tall.
    Weight: Heavier then her looks.
    Species: Human
    Station: The High Priestess of the Sosenshuai cult and member of the sacred council of Iwagakure.

Description:

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

She got a lot of those.
    Usually has a cocky and friendly attitude like a big sister of everyone.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kali had a diffrent name. But it's matter a very little. She grew as a girl, but had a male Sosengaido.
    Now she has embraced her role as Priestess Kali, hosting all the previouse high priests in turns.
    )Sort of like avatar from the last avatar but edgier?)

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I want someday to makea very emotional battle between him and Kimiko.

- - - Updated - - -

the bloodlines look cool. sorry for the shortness
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2021-09-26 at 06:27 PM.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Titan in the Playground

this looks cool, but...uh.....working on the spoiler format there, you know there is a button to click that does spoilers automatically without typing them out right?

eh, whatever I'll just spellcheck and reformat it for you so that its more readable:
    Spoiler: Sosenshuhai- Ancestor Worship
    Show

Almost all humans worship their ansectors in more and less subtle ways. People who view death in perfectly rational way are rare: All civilizations pay respect to the dead; bury or burn their corpses.
    And those who aren't, are usually considered sociopathic monsters. There are proves for this even from the prehistory. Memorize them in special places and days. Humans aren't really ready to forget their loved ones. Sayings like "Grandma are watching us from above" or even. "Father... what would you do?" So cults or religions of ancestor worship can touch people at near primal emotions.

The exact age, that the established cult/religion of Sosenshuai were found is merky at best. The wars which have devastated the land of stone, combined with the tradition of the cult to NOT to write, make it difficult to write a timeline with scientific accuracy. But when Iwagakure were officially found the Sosenshuaists were a fact. At the post war, more people have joined the cult more then ever.
    The first Sosen High Priest of the Land of stone, with the help of the first Tshucikage have created an artifact- a hanya mask:
    Hanya mask
    which is special, as at every different angle the mask is viewed at ,it has a different expression- rage, happiness, sadness.. all in one mask of grief. Believers have sealed a pact, bleeding on the mask, as early as they join the cult. So usually... babies. This is one of the rituals that weaponize fear and hate of the Sosenshuai cult. On the theological sphere, it symbolize a pact with the community, and ancestors, even beyond the grave. But it had a practical use- being the soul into a "Ancestor Community", and make yourself available for the descendants to be summoned and used. It also offer a cheap "immortaility" in a way- you are still influencing the world after death. Some of the more known tenets and rules:

-Reincarnation Is Torture- So struggle and fight to stay yourself even after death. Another life with no memories of your previouse life, is a fate worse then hell.
    - Commitment Is Eternal: Death isn't an excuse to break a promise.
    - As you still can interact with the world, death isn't a reason to break promises. Dead, will seek to complete missions they have failed to do. and also, they are "extremely" monogamic: no divorce is possible, death of a spouse doesn't end the relationship. This rule used by the Sosenshuai haters to accuse as necrophilia. But it's more of a spiritual things. On rare occasions, with the blessings of a priest, living cultist- usually a sibling of the dead, can host the dead spouse to be used for... an union. This also, doesn't sit well with many outside of the cult. As Shinobis the Eternal Commitment Tenet make them zealots in their loyalty to the village and very reliable at fulfilling missions.
    - What was before was better, and will keep getting better-
    -For people outside of the cult, this will be a bizzarre concept. Maybe even look silly.There is a duty to represent the acnestors in greater light then they were before. An ancedotal example will be given now: 80 years ago, an Ashigaru called Haku were killed while he ran away from an enemy ashigaru. His children's duty is to tell that Haku died facing an enemy. His grandchildren's duty would be to tell he died while fighting half dozen ashigarus, while covering for his friends. His great-grandchildren duty would be to tell, he died while facing a shinobi. And so on. The Sosenshuai, as the refuse to believe in final end, believe they can change the past as much as they can change the future- future and past are just mirrors to each other, and by doing so, they are helping their ancestors. Sosenshuai's critics and haters, would just frame them as glorified fairytale tellers.

Also, every fullmoon they hold a festival in the honor of the dead.

- Gaido Sosen(Guide Ancestor)
    Every Sosenshuai cultist, whether a chakra user or not, during his/her life will get through three Gaido Sosens. When s/he learn to speak properly enough, the first Gaido Sosen summoning ritual is done. Usually a ghost of a child, slightly older to act as an older sibling. "Onisan" When the cultist's parents with an approval of a priest he is ready to move to the second Gaido Sosen. Usually, the spirit will be Sensei/Senpai of sort, usually one to guide him in the profession he supposed to train. and the third, is picked by the cultist himself, when he has decided what his role and status in life should be.
    For normal citizens, it's mostly a thought/imagination excercise- they learn on deep levels the history and the character of the Gaido Sosen, and act and imagine what would he tell and teach them. It's an inspirational. Some time, enter a trance and act as if (and maybe actually?) being possessed by them.

Unlike many other religious groups, Then Sosenshuais are very accepting of crossing genders- an individual can manifest it, by picking a ghost of other gender. So a man can pick as his third Gaidon Sosen a female, and live as a female, and the opposite- and it will accepted as their sacred duty to act on it.

For shinobis, this is a practical process. The actual ghost is bonded, using both the holy mask and the shinobi's chakra with a sacred tattoo seal. The first Gaido Sosen usually manifest as voice in the child's head. When a Sosenshuhaist become a genin he get a Chuunin at least ghost instead, unless he mental fortitude and chakra can handle the first Gaido Sosen. The third Gaido Sosen has to be picked by the shinobi himself. The Shinobi need to carry a "totem" that tie the soul he interact with.

E rank Sosenjutsu- the ghost give extra senses, and can for example see from the back of the head of the host

D rank Sosenjutsu- the host can acess the skillset and knowledge of the ghost based on his chakra and physical abilities.

C rank Sosenjutsu- Acess to the soul library of the cult. Knowing a name, he can summon into himself one of them. This help them to be jack of all trades- they can summon a ghost of craftman. For example.

B rank- "Ghost Beyond Pain" more defensive mode- switch some of the host's senses with the ghost- so he can decide not to feel pain, or give a general resistance/immunity to genjutsu

A rank-"Ghost Blade"- through the chakra, the shinobi can manifest weapons made of ghost/energy/chakra, invisible, to those who aren't spiritually awakened. Normal Byakugan and Rasengan won't conceive it directly.

S Rank-Kali-Avatar- mostly a powerup. The shinobi summon dozens of ghosts inside, having their skills, knowledge and power.
    More dramaitcly, it give him access to extra arms, which can make three jutsus on parallel.
    This technique tax the mental health of the user as dozens of personalities are summoned into him.

real interesting, really gives a vibe of a strange culture that that doesn't map to something familiar, I like it.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-09-26 at 06:34 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Titan in the Playground

ah. sorry for the formatting. I have wrote it on texts on my phone for a while.

It mostly inspired by a lecture I have heard of shamans in korea.
    The double gender identity from there.

lgbtq tended to claim to be shamans, because it would legitmaze more or less any sexuality, because ot their duty to please their guiding ghosts.
    and also in general people who want to live a diffrent life and not to be outcasted.
    so my next step, was to mix it with shaman king and to fit into Naruto.

also, Yamato from One Piece is an inspiration, because her gender identity complocared.

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #1184

Igor? You doing okay, buddy?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #1185

So I stumbled across some stuff.

Apparently, corundum is a heavy component of modern ceramic armors, which weigh half as much as an equivalent amount of steel but can completly stop a bullet under the right circumstances.

So with DG's armor I think we made the right call.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, pretty much. My logic was basically: Eight Gates is pretty much an S-Rank effect that gives you the power of a kage/beyond kage at the cost of killing you shortly after, so five of the gates would probably be about Jounin level, in my estimation. Gaara had a powerful defense yes, and is a Jinchuuriki on top of that, yes, but he could be pierced by either Sasuke with a jutsu created for piercing attacks (who has evidence of already being on the level of Jounin in terms of power at the end of part 1, I have a video to prove this reasoning) or Rock Lee using naurtoverse's kaioken. Since neither of them can be said to be S-Rank, but clearly are doing something incredibly strong that I doubt any Chuunin I could do, I nailed the defense at A-rank. like an S-rank defense in my mind? probably not something I'd reasonably expect anyone to pierce- the expectation would be to catch them off guard and kill them in a situation where they can't even put it up in time, like when they're asleep, or run out of chakra. it'd be like a one time thing where you'd have to carry out an actual assassination mission/bounty hunting to end someone's life in one blow so that the defense isn't even used. and then you probably compete with some other ninja who don't have that kind of defense also trying to get the money by trying to get the proof from the corpse. (of course, another way to do it is to let the others carry out the assassination and swoop in to take the credit from them instead in that scenario- the reward is about who bring can back the proof of the persons death, not who actually did the deed)

as for Igor....I'll PM them.

17. - Top - End - #1187

For the sake of clarity, Senko's Chakra Canon is shooting water release.

So its less a death laser and more like spraying someone with a fire hose.

Up close it could do some serious damage, but at range it'll mostly knock you down and soak you. Bruises at the worst.

I had hoped to make that clear, but just in case.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

I actuallly thought it was energy blast, thank you for the clarifcation.
    But I am sure,the despair girl, wouldn't wish to be hit by it, either way

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Titan in the Playground

By the way, here is poster I've made of all the named Genin participants for the Chuunin Exams I have planned:
    Spoiler: Sounditp Chuunin Exams
    Show

there are 42 in all, while there is a general pattern of "genius/third person/underdog for who I put where there are some exceptions to it. generally I put all my genius ideas into the Kimiko slot, I put Rater's characters and the more morally extreme or standout people or who have some weird body bloodline going on in the Senko slot, and all the underdogs in the Usagi slot, but people like Kokite, Gisei and Sakiyama break the pattern because they're not really underdogs, Toma Koneko was originally a Yuyuyu-alike but her evilness works with how much of a good person Senko is, as does Takano who'd normally be the underdog, while Miyabe kind of is only there because she wants war for her personal glory and thus naturally opposes Senko's desire for peace.

the Konoha genin were intentionally placed all together because this is a Konoha-held Exam so of course they are going to draw attention to their Genin. if anyone asks, the whole poster is Konoha's subtle insult to the other four major nations by placing them near the bottom next to Ame while putting Otogakure at the top, which is my excuse for why Otogakure is the left hand corner at the top in universe while out of universe its simply because Team 3 are the PCs.

the font on the top is something I got some naruto fontmaker, turns out there is just random fontmakers for this stuff you can find on google. if you have any questions bout any of these genin, feel free to ask.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Titan in the Playground

Extremly impressive
    -induvdial art to every of those character, which by their look and expression you can learn a lot.

Also, organized that can ease the managing of such event, themaitcly categorizing them, it will ease the way we "ship" the conflicts.
    It's very hyping.

I think that maybe Akogi's studsnt wouldn't be there legally. Maybe Kimiko will meet him, while he is in middle of Yakuza buisness.

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

Rater-just to make sure I understand- Senko shoot probably through the clones, and kill "despair girl" anyway, or it's just in case?

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #1192

I misunderstood the scene. Brain fart.

Let's go with just in case: She shoots the ice shard if it seems like the clone is going to fail or the technique will go off anyway.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #1193

Senko wasn't trying to bite. The smile full of sharp teeth was an intimidation thing.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #1194

So, question: Are we winding down on this then? The current story?

If so, should I start making preparations for the story I have for after this?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, we should probably start preparing for the next mission. hopefully igor is just going through one of those times of busy-ness and is doing well otherwise.

also I'm saving the moment that Kimiko masters or at least can do rasengan in combat for a suitably dramatic moment, because its supposed to be something hard for her to do unlike most jutsu. so if your waiting for Kimiko to teach it to you when its fully formed, I'm not sure when it will happen. you might want to get started on it sooner than later.

26. - Top - End - #1196

I believe that I've mentioned that I'm putting SEenko getting it on the back burner, if ever, because it requires a level of shape manipulation that even with the cells she's grafted to herself she's just not capable of right now.

The next thing on her training-wise is quickly getting caught up on very basic chakra control exercises and then...

It depends. If I can work her going to Fuyuki-san and confessing what she did, the exercises he did that let him build up his own chakra transformation skills so quickly. Otherwise, Chakra Flow training with Tomoe.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Titan in the Playground

Isnt rasengan a rare technique even at Konoha?
    Well, I have achieved what ever I want from this scene.
    I am open for missions and everything, my next stop would the pre-chunin exams/finale of Ottomaru's arc.

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #1198

Did Jirou and Ameoku go off on their own or is every still together?

Because if Senko heard what Ameoku just said, then she has a scathing rebuttal.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Titan in the Playground

I assumed the team is outside, Jirou and Ameoku are inside.
    But sure. Feel free to rebuttle

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Isnt rasengan a rare technique even at Konoha?
    In the sense that it was never invented there and thus is in the rarest availability it could possibly be, which is not there at all. the Namikaze of this timeline did different things.