New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

Okay, has been edited to updated version.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you, have you two read the Legend Of The First Otokage? Are you ok with it?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

I like the First Otokage legend. Short and simple, as legends tend to go. Wouldn't hurt to work on it more but it works as is right now. and I imagine the truth about him is more complex.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

It's partly because I hesitate to go overboard, because I want to share the building of this setting.
    So you and Rater can and edit.

Also, when we get to Konoha, we might hear it as a horror story.
    I mostly wanted to write this a common myth all Otokaguare citizens know.

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #155
    Colossus in the Playground

And to answer the earlier question, I don't mind a slow burn as long as it doesn't stop burning.

Do you mind the possibility that Senko might go mad and pursue ever more perfect forms of senjutsu with the goal of becoming an immortal incarnation of nature?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

In theory it sound cool. But is that the kind of story you want?

Also, go Otokagure is quite the sweet home for people who pursue mad expriements. There are even enough willing subjects.

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #157

I've kind of got a thing for personal scale transhumanism and the concept of apotheosis, which ties in with my appreciation of entities that combine the traits of multiple other entities.

Senko's only goal, currently, is to modify herself into a form that has proper Chakra control and then master sage mode so that she can control her transformation and no longer be a threat to herself and others.

After that... Nothing. So why not make the next goal becoming the greatest sage that ever lived? Even greater than the Sage of the Six paths even?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Also, go Otokagure is quite the sweet home for people who pursue mad expriements. There are even enough willing subjects.
    Hey! Jirou is completely ethical and sane in his experimentation. The only things that have died are a bunch of rats.

and yeah were in no hurry to the Chuunin Exams, which is why I haven't posted a certain Konoha character that I plan to show up there even though they are important to my plans and I've already done their sheet. though I already posted up two of the Kimiko foils, got three others but the Konoha one is more important than the others.

as for Kimiko's goal? its to get all jutsu. the only question is how far she will go to do it, and what the consequences of that quest will be. which might involve going the transhuman route to do so.

9. - Top - End - #159

I mean, if Kimiko wants to learn all Jutsu then that means at bare minimum she needs the rinnegan, which would grant her a powerful affinity to all six kinds of nature transformation, enough to master each one with relative ease and copy the advanced and hybrid techniques, and might need further modifications beyond that.

So if she's serious about wanting to learn every technique she does have to self modify to some degree because she'd need a Mangekyo Sharingan and the DNA/Chakra of a Senju.

Of course, I'm not in a position to criticize. I'm seriously considering Senko eventually seeking out the Tailed BEasts/Bijou in order to absorb some of their Chakra and gain Six Paths Sage Mode. Or try to steal Hashirama's body to gain wood release and the First's healing factor.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

If we're going strictly by canon yes. but is it not more interesting to wonder, the possibilities one can invent? look at Sasori, the puppet master, purported to be able to use many jutsu even bloodlines through his 100 puppets. Kakashi who copied a thousand jutsu with a single sharingan eye, Kakuzu whose jutsu allowed him to seek the hearts of others to gain their affinities, or at the kote a boruto invention where many jutsu could simply be put on a device to be shot out in scrolls using fuinjutsu. the Naruto universe is full of ways to cheat the system if one is clever and maybe lack morals. one could argue that is all the naruto ninja ever do, even naruto himself with his multi-shadow clone powered by vast amounts of chakra training hax. and sometimes great people aren't just made by achieving something more, but by achieving more with less. and thats all assuming one cannot reverse engineer the very mechanic such dojutsu use for such access in another form. after all, the cursed seal is an alternate path to a sage mode paired with jutsu underneath to be way for someone else to reincarnate.

rinnegan is however a strong contender. if far away.

11. - Top - End - #161

Yeah, but I mean, the curse mark is never actually used to achieve sage mode. the closest is Kabuto splicing himself with Jugo's DNA and even then that only made it easier for him to learn it from the White Snake Sage and served to remove the need to stand still to mold sage chakra.

And it seems that the rinnegan is the only way to personally learn any jutsu.

This does, of course, assume that Kimiko knows of the Rinnegan as anything other than a legend. And if I remember the write-up, her family hates the Uchiha for stealing techniques instead of putting in the effort to learn them so...

honestly, Kimiko's desire to steal all the world's techniques seems to mark her as a black sheep.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Yeah, but I mean, the curse mark is never actually used to achieve sage mode. the closest is Kabuto splicing himself with Jugo's DNA and even then that only made it easier for him to learn it from the White Snake Sage and served to remove the need to stand still to mold sage chakra.

And it seems that the rinnegan is the only way to personally learn any jutsu.

This does, of course, assume that Kimiko knows of the Rinnegan as anything other than a legend. And if I remember the write-up, her family hates the Uchiha for stealing techniques instead of putting in the effort to learn them so...

honestly, Kimiko's desire to steal all the world's techniques seems to mark her as a black sheep.
    Your forgetting a key thing about humans: they're hypocrites.

the Ishikawas have been stealing techniques and jutsu scrolls from others for generations, (this current one just doesn't have access to it after that Bloody Mist business), they just have learn that sort of stuff the hard way rather than have it sped up by some dojutsu. so of course they're envious of people are just born with magical eyeballs who can just do it by sight alone and call THAT stealing while their stealing is the "correct" way to do it because they "put in the work" to steal their stolen techniques and learn it like the original user would -when really that doesn't matter you still stole it! if they ever actually caught an Uchiha they'd probably be the first to try and figure out how to take advantage of it so they can get some of that sharingan action as well, like any unscrupulous ninja raised in a culture of war being given a way to get even with their long-hated rivals.

the real difference between Kimiko and the rest of her family is that she isn't stealing one or two techniques for herself or to do it to impress her family like one would in the past as a form of fitting or as an "Ishikawan rite of passage", or doing it strengthen the family by giving them a new thing to convert to a fuinjutsu in their proto-kote set up. she is doing it because she is legitimately interested in what the full potential of chakra really is and wants to explore it as a scientist would without any secrets or clan/national/bloodline barriers muddying it up. the Ishikawa clan as clan would just want all of it so they can become powerful in their village like any bunch of nobles.

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Your forgetting a key thing about humans: they're hypocrites.

the Ishikawas have been stealing techniques and jutsu scrolls from others for generations, (this current one just doesn't have access to it after that Bloody Mist business), they just have learn that sort of stuff the hard way rather than have it sped up by some dojutsu. so of course they're envious of people are just born with magical eyeballs who can just do it by sight alone and call THAT stealing while their stealing is the "correct" way to do it because they "put in the work" to steal their stolen techniques and learn it like the original user would -when really that doesn't matter you still stole it! if they ever actually caught an Uchiha they'd probably be the first to try and figure out how to take advantage of it so they can get some of that sharingan action as well, like any unscrupulous ninja raised in a culture of war being given a way to get even with their long-hated rivals.

the real difference between Kimiko and the rest of her family is that she isn't stealing one or two techniques for herself or to do it to impress her family like one would in the past as a form of fitting or as an "Ishikawan rite of passage", or doing it strengthen the family by giving them a new thing to convert to a fuinjutsu in their proto-kote set up. she is doing it because she is legitimately interested in what the full potential of chakra really is and wants to explore it as a scientist would without any secrets or clan/national/bloodline barriers muddying it up. the Ishikawa clan as clan would just want all of it so they can become powerful in their village like any bunch of nobles.
    Kimiko and Senko are going to get along just fine.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi is more humble, I guess.
    She never want to be helpless ever again, never to be in the mercy of anyone.
    But all of that are long reach motivations, and I assume stuff can change.

---

Jirou yeah, but in general it's Otokagure's thing.
    In the first place, the idea was, what if Otokagure was an actual village, and I try to keep the astetics of the original Otokagure, just giving it more life and all
    Working on a reply.

----

As for rinnegans...
    Yeah...
    Those were the parts, where I kept reading/watching,only because I have followed so far.

It's sort of like the problem of Sayians in Dragon Ball, but in series about Ninjas it hurt even more.

Like, my two favorite battles are of Zabuza, and Lee Vs Garaa.
    No rinnegans here.

I have learned to lower my "anti" toward such things, I believe everything can be intresting if done right.

I also listen to Brandon Sanderson's lectures, which are also helpful for roleplays.

In short, I am more open then before, but I really dont want to go into the territories, of battles of
    'I have prettier eyes!"
    'Hah! But I have the prettiest eyes!'

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #165

The way I'd play it out is that if we go for things like Mangkyo and the Rinnegan is that "okay, you can do more cool stuff. But it doesn't automatically make you stronger."

It gives you more things you can do and is a useful took for getting good... But you've still gotta put in the work.

Kakashi doesn't use his thousands of techniques, he mostly uses his original techniques and what he's learned from his sensei, except that one time with Zabuza, presumably becuase copying the technique doesn't mean you've mastered it.

If Senko spliced herself with Wood Release, Ice Release, Storm Release, Sorch Release, and Lava Release it would only make her slightly more powerful, otherwise it would merely give her better chakra control and more things to do, she'd still have to put in the effort to learn specific techniques and, honestly, she'd probably limit herself to merging her transformations with nature transformation until after she mastered Senjutsu. (Given examples because they best fit with her theme.)

Even if she gave herself Sakon and Ukon's bloodline and thus, the power to project clones of people whose DNA she has... Okay, she can use a bunch of new techniques. Now she need to learn how to use them properly. And how to stand up straight with a clone hanging out of her belly.

"I do not believe that I thought this through very well."

I mean, even if she can project a mindless copy of Hashirama Senju from her body, she doesn't have Hashirama's raw power so there would be no Sage Art Wood Release: Giant Freaking Thousand Arms Peacock Jojo Budda for a long time.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-03-23 at 03:50 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Well, we have time until then.

Raziere, you can be hard on Usagi.
    It's sort of her thing.

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Raziere, you can be hard on Usagi.
    It's sort of her thing.
    Good thing that not all consequences are immediate then.

as for whole eye and not having dumb combat- yeah thats partly the reason I'm seeking alternate ways too. a custom way without the canons nonsense could have more limitations to make sure it doesn't get stupid.

18. - Top - End - #168

Good thing that not all consequences are immediate then.

as for whole eye and not having dumb combat- yeah thats partly the reason I'm seeking alternate ways too. a custom way without the canons nonsense could have more limitations to make sure it doesn't get stupid.
    again, I don't really think the Nonsense is mandatory.

Let's say hypothetically that on our way to the land of potatoes to guard a guy while he builds a fort, we get accused by a Missing Nin from the Leaf with some funky Kaleidoscope eyes and this really pale dude with sharp teeth in green hair who sports a sharp vine whip from his body to attack.

We just barely manage to kill them, but Kimiko's arm and face were maimed, forcing Senko to replace Kimiko's eyes and arm with parts harvested from the two enemy ninja.

Kimiko now has the rinnegan... Now figure out how to use it. Also, she still has a genin's chakra reserves so just having it active is a huge drain on her stamina.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

I'd rather go on a big quest to get to the point where I get it, then have to master it, thanks Assuming I ever do.

but if you want assurance that rinnegan is nearby or the most available option, I can just post up the chuunin exams konoha character I have planned that will make a whole lot of things much more interesting. and also examine the costs of working to obtain it to make sure it isn't easy. if you want.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-03-23 at 04:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170

I was just giving an example.

Just because Naruto turned into Dragon Ball when the divine stuff came up that doesn't mean we have to turn it into dragon ball by introducing divine power.

Naruto and Sasuke got stronger when they got Six Paths Sage Mode and the Rinnegan becuase this happened simultaneously with the Sage splitting his power between the two of them. Madara spent decades mastering the power of the Rinnegan after achieving it.

"Here's a power with specific spiritual implications for your character and that allows you to do all kinds of crap. Now figure out how to use it becuase it doesn't come with a manual."

If you've got a planned story for Kimiko getting a different ability that will let her learn every Ninjutsu, go for it. I was just making comments to reassure Igor that introducing such concepts doesn't necessarily mean that we're going beyond the point where skill stops mattering.

Like, lets say I get Senko to the point where she's spliced herself with Five+ Elemental Release Bloodlines, a few other traits that tie into what I'm going for, some kind of Dojutsu that feeds into what she's going for, mastered Sage Mode and absorbed enough of the Chakra of the tailed beasts to have Ten-Tail's Chakra and thus, Six Paths Sage Mode.

I'd rather explore the fact that she's basically become a God of Nature than have her curbstomp her way across the setting or throw it out with a bunch of Godlike ninja. Senko will serve as a ninja but she's a Sage and a Scientist, not a Shinobi.

And of course, I'd rather the story build-up to it and make at least a token effort to get to that level, but "evolved to a higher level" doesn't necessarily equate to "became powerful enough to rolfstomp everyone."

(As an aside, I'd like it if Senko's first spliced bloodline, the proof of concept if you will, was Dead Bone Pulse. There are members of the Kaguya clan in the village, Dead Bone Pulse wouldn't meaningfully alter how Senko behaves and fights since it's just another form of "alter your body into a weapon" and her research into grafting other genetic traits into people could be used to help them with their chronic health issues so she could reasonably convince someone to donate a sample)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Hm. Well the Kaguya do care about health. Might take a discussion with the Kaguya clan head but it can happen, and her bloodline and what it can do is Senkos to disclose, so no problem there.

22. - Top - End - #172

A chat with the clan head would probably be the most realistic way of handling it, yes, but would be better saved for after Senko is established in the narrative.

At the very least, she needs to be formally introduced to the team and have a fight scene. Even small improvements should wait until after the baseline's been established.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

aaaargh, I just realized I could've had Yuyuyu notice some notes on the Kaguyas out of the corner of her eye and offer Senko to come spar with her as alternative way to get her there, but it may be too late now....what do? should I find some way of doing that Rater, or are you okay waiting for the next mission where Team 3 is assigned to Senko?

24. - Top - End - #174

I mean the idea that she noticed it but didn't comprehend it until later (IE: Fridge Logic) could be a thing.

Then she runs back to ask?

What she does is up to you, but eitherway we're waiting on you.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #175

For the record, if Senko were to give herself a Dojutsu it would most likely be the Katsuyagan(The inherent affinity for genjutsu suggests that it grants a Yin affinity and a degree at inherent skill at Yin Chakra manipulation, plus blood control might be useful) or the Byakugan(all kinds of utility with that one) depending on availability and circumstances.

I also like the idea of her trying to learn senjutsu from both the snakes and the toads(and the slugs, but we'd have to make something up for them) because they have slightly different sage modes and use senjutsu chakra in different ways. Senko wants to be the ultimate sage so it makes sense that she'd want to integrate the various forms of Sage Mode into her own abilities.

I think that Senko might also be interested in the concept of Ninshu: The idea of using Chakra to communicate with and understand others. Senko doesn't care about power, she just wants to be more and more in tune with the world around her and to better understand everything around her and thinks that the system of Ninja Villages, Warefare, and Hoarding secrets and power is a waste.

Everything she does in terms of seeking power would be done in the pursuit of either a greater level of Senjutsu, and thus connection to the natural world, or better improving her ability to gain knowledge. Ninshu, using chakra to connect with and understand people would be something similar and she'd think that Indra was an idiot who squandered his potential for bastardizing it for the purpose of warfare if she learned of it.

Edit: actually, I'm kind of reminded of an unwritten fanfic idea from a thread I was lurking on(it's gone now) back in high school where Naruto awakens the Rinnegan(proposed back before we knew how it worked) and instead of using corpses for his six paths he imbued the powers of the paths into his friends, creating a situation where they can share what they see, communicate mentally, sense each other's emotions, and share chakra with each other.

Senko with the Rinnegan would try to do that becuase just hoarding that power for herself doesn't help her at all but imbuing it in others helps them while giving her access to a fresh perspective and a learning partner.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-03-26 at 08:03 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

cool, her willingness to ninshuu is actually better than Kimiko's reasons, as Kimiko just wants to know if its real and what its applications are from a scholarly perspective.

also here is a quick sheet for Team 2 so that their abilities are laid out and detailed, make sure their capabilities are laid out and not making it up.

Spoiler: Team 2 Quick Sheet
    Show

Team 2
    Captain: Mubona Inazuma
    Genin: Naneko Masuku, Miho Kaguya, Kazuo Tanaka

General Abilities:
    All of them can use academy three jutsu, walk on trees and use normal ninja tools

Mubona abilities:
    Taijutsu: C-Rank
    Ninjutsu: B-Rank
    Genjutsu: B-rank

knows mostly Lightning release Ninjutsu, some sound based jutsu based on his guitar, and music-based genjutsu.

Unique:
    Rock And Roll Genjutsu:
    A rare example of a genjutsu that fires people up and empowers rather than disables, The user makes peoples passions and will to go to beyond their limits flare up with the power of rock, opening up the First Gate of the Eight Gates, the Gate of Opening. Masters of this genjutsu can extend it to open the Second Gate as well, but no further, and those affect still suffer the downsides of using them.

Naneko Abilities:
    Ninjutsu: C-rank
    Genjutsu: C-Rank

knows Silence Jutsu, Blind Genjutsu and is skilled in many weapons

Kazuo Abilities:
    Ninjutsu: C-rank
    Genjutsu: D-Rank

Has Dosu's Resonance Gauntlets and knows similar jutsu to him.

Miho Abilities:
    Taijutsu: B-Rank
    Ninjutsu: None/E-Rank
    Genjutsu: C-rank

Knows some dances of the dead pone pulse bloodline and is taught to defend against genjutsu, is a terrifying combatant compared to most genin due to her specialized nature.

27. - Top - End - #177

So as I understand it,

Kimiko: Knowledge for Knowledge's Sake.

Senko: Knowledge for the sake of personal and societal improvement with the ultimate goal of achieving a form of enlightenment and/or immortality as one who is one with nature.

Thought: Karin's Uzumaki longevity was cranked up to 11 by Orochimaru's experiments. In addition to having survived for several minutes with her heart destroyed by a concentrated blast of lightning and regenerating her heart after receiving medical attention, just putting small amounts of her chakra in people supercharges their healing and when she healed Tsunade, Tsunade got visibly younger. Karin may possess biological immortality.

That might be something that Senko looks into and something that Kimiko might be interested in Senko's findings.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #178

If no one minds, I've got a bit of a treatise on the different forms of Senjutsu.

Some of this is from the official media, while others are fan-made things based on logical assumptions I've made from the source material.

Spoiler: On Senjutsu
    Show
    Senjutsu is a specialized branch of the Three Shinobi Disciplines that is dependant on the user sensing and absorbing natural energy, most commonly from the planetary surplus that flows through the world's atmosphere.

Senjutsu is very powerful and using it one can enhance elemental techniques to their greatest form, make certain elemental releases behave in unusual ways, or enhance kekkei genkai with additional abilities, but it is very difficult to learn and has there prerequisites:
    1. The sage-in-training be must have very large reserves of Chakra, less their chakra be overwhelmed by the natural energy they take in.
    2. The sage-in-training must be highly proficient in chakra control to be able to separate chakra back into its component energies and then merge them with natural energy in a perfect ratio.
    3. The sage-in-training's body must be compatible with senjutsu. Even if one can mold senjutsu chakra perfectly if their body is not strong enough to withstand sage mode that chakra is completely useless.

Most methods of training in Senjutsu may involve Natural energy to be forcibly placed in the body by outside sources in-order to acclimate the sage-in-training's body. With some forms of Senjutsu, this is saved for late in training or else done as a last resort due to the inherent risks, while in others surviving such an event is the final test to prove that you are worthy of learning senjutsu.

In order to draw in natural energy, under normal circumstances, one needs to be holding perfectly still. Even the slightest twitch could ruin the stillness and concentration needed to sense and gather natural energy.

If a human takes in too much natural energy or mixes too much of it into their chakra, they will begin to mutate. Different styles of Senjutsu have this mutation take different forms, but in general, it follows a pattern of increasingly greater animalistic traits until one permanently transforms into an animal, though before this point it is possible to reverse the changes. continued malformation of senjutsu chakra at this point will cause the failed sage to become a solid stone statue as they are reclaimed by nature.

However, successfully combining natural energy with their vital and spiritual energy will instead result in the transformation into a state called Sage Mode. Initially, this state is achieved automatically as a function molding a sufficient amount of senjutsu chakra, but as one trains more in mastering this state one naturally develops the ability to store senjutsu Chakra for future use.

Sage Mode makes minor alterations to the Sage's body. With incomplete Sage Mode, one will begin to physically resemble the namesake of their style of senjutsu, but with perfected sage mode, gained by complete mastery of the process of molding sage chakra, one will, with one exception, possess only superficial cosmetical alterations. A change in eye color or shape, or perhaps the presence of scale-like patterns on parts of the body. Either way, the Sage will develop facial markings.

When in Sage Mode, the Sage's physical speed, strength, durability, and sensory abilities are all increased many times over. they gain the ability to sense Chakra if they did not already possess it, and will furthermore gain additional abilities dependant on the style of senjutsu they are using once they have perfected Sage Mode.

While in Sage Mode, one can use Senjutu Chakra, either in place of normal chakra or in addition to it, in one's ninjutsu or Genjutsu in order to create more powerful techniques or to make techniques that behave in ways that cannot be done with normal chakra alone. In addition, several styles of Senjutsu have specialized techniques of their own that are dependant on the use of Senjutsu chakra.

Once Sage Mode has been achieved, further training will increase the amount of natural energy one can absorb in a given amount of time and improve the ease by which one can mold it with their chakra, requiring less and less time where one must remain still.

The Different Styles of Senjutus Chakra are as follows:

Toad Style: Created and Practiced by the frogs and toads of Mount Myōboku, a human, usually one who has signed the Toad Summoning Contract, can learn it from the Toad Elders who on occasion will use special naturally occurring oils to assist in the training. Failure to mold senjutsu chakra properly using the toad's techniques will transform the sage-in-training into a toad.

Mastery of Toad Style senjutsu bestows upon the Sage the power to manipulate natural energy in the environment, which is most commonly used in a form on Nin-Taijutsu known as "Frog Kata" where one enshrouds themselves in natural energy into to defend one's self, enhance one's physical blows, and allow one to treat a lacing blow or even a near miss as though it were a direct hit. The Toad Elder's have used Senjutsu to merge their bodies with that of a human Toad Sages and both they and the Toad Sages both toad and frog have used Senjutsu to create powerful sound-based Genjutsu, sonic attacks, transform their tongues into weapons, and create highly flammable oils that are used to enhance fire release techniques.

Snake Style:Learned from the White Snake Sage of Ryūchi Cave, Snake Style Senjutsu can only be learned after passing a challenge involving navigating the tunnels and swamps of the cave while the serpents within try to mislead you with genjutsu and then surviving having pure Natural Energy injected directly into your body by the White Snake Sage. Failure to pass the first test will result in your being devoured by one of the lesser summoned snakes, who like to devour humans in order to consume their chakra, while failure of the second, or failing in the molding of senjutsu chakra to the degree that one permanently turns into a snake, will result in one being devoured by the White Snake Sage herself. Surviving the injection of natural energy bestows upon Sage-In-Training the "Power of the White Snake," a passive regenerative ability and serpent-like traits.

Mastery of Snake Style Senjutsu grants the ability to inject Natural energy into other beings and into intimate objects, either as a test or weapon or to bring those objects to life as constructs under one's control. Human Snake Sages have been known to, on occasion, create ethereal snakes and dragons for various purposes, and the snakes themselves are known to practice genjutsu, illusionary ninjutsu, and a variation of the transformation technique. (As an aside, some but not all of the female snakes of the Cave have been known to use illusions or transformations to appear as attractive human women for various reasons)

Per legend, perfect mastery of Snake style Senjutsu either will allow someone to become a dragon or will be the first step of such an ascension.

Slug Style: Almost unheard of, all that is known of Slug Style Senjutsu is that it is learned from Shikkotsu Forest's slugs. Based on the various abilities of the only known example of these slugs and its various summoners, it's likely that complete mastery of Slug Style and/or the Slug Clan's techniques grant some enhancement to medical ninjutsu, some ability to generate acid, some ability to store things within their body, some ability to resist damage, or some ability to divide one's self across multiple vessels.

Senju Clan Senjutsu: Inherited from the younger son of the Sage of the Six Paths, Senju Clan Senjutsu enhances the practitioner's elemental affinity, making techniques of that nature more powerful and adding actual Senjutsu chakra to the mix even more so. The exact manner by which this style is learned are a closely guarded secret(it's listed as a Hidden Technique), as is what happens to a Senju who fails to form senjutsu chakra properly, though rumor has it that the "sage trees" become literal sage trees should they fail to achieve sage mode. It is known, however, that the Hashirama Senju, in addition to creating a giant Budda to strike at the Nine-Tailed Demon-Fox with a thousand fists by combining is Wood Release with Senjutsu, was also able to summon Torii Gates to restrain massive foes with his use of Senjutsu.

Sage Transformation: The Kekkei Genkai of a nameless Clan, Sage Transformation allows one to passively sense and absorb natural energy, and form Senjutsu chakra, due to their bodily fluids possessing an enzyme that reacts to natural energy. In addition to using senjutsu chakra to enhance their abilities, individuals with this bloodline can use the mutagenic properties of natural energy to transform their bodies in a multitude of ways, absorb the biomass and chakra of others to heal themselves or, in the case of people who are compatible with them physiologically, give their own mass and chakra to others to heal them.

However, should too much natural energy be taken in, or should they store too much Senjutsu Chakra, they will enter a monstrous form that is a corrupted form of Sage Mode and go berserk, attacking everything in sight. The physical changes to their body, in addition to the mystical enhancements, mean that this transformation results in a physical powerhouse even by the standards of sages. Senko of the Sound Village distinguishes this corrupted form for Sage Mode from the standard form via the term "Sage Beast" but this is her own personal terminology.

Should they train in controlling their senjutsu Chakra they will eventually gain the ability to enter a perfect Sage Mode at will, which also permanently removes the danger of going berserk. This form is far more humanoid than before, often possessing only oni-like horns and facial markings. Unlike normal Sage Mode, complete Sage Mode doesn't grant additional benefits in and of itself but merely removes the limits of the inherent form possessed by people of this bloodline. However, people with Sage Transformation, due to passively absorbing natural energy and molding senjutsu chakra as a factor of their unique biology, do not need to stand still to mold senjutsu chakra deliberately. With enough practice, a Sage who has mastered Sage Transformation could remain in Sage Mode Inedefitnly no matter how much Senjutsu Chakra they use.

Also, theoretically, someone who possessed this bloodline could combine it with another style of Senjutsu to gain a stronger version of its Sage Mode.

Other forms of Sage Mode may or may not exist.

In addition to standard Sage Mode, there exists another, more advanced form, though one that is little known and almost impossible to achieve: Six Paths Sage Senjutsu with it's own Six Paths Sage Mode

Created by the Sage of the Six Paths and used by him and his Brother, Six Paths Senjutsu is created by combining Senjutsu Chakra with that of the Shinju. This can be done by becoming the Ten-Tail's Jinchuriki, which transforms you into a pale, white-haired and horned Sage who, dependant on whether or not one already possesses senjutsu, is either enveloped in a shroud of dense white chakra that forms a robe or else grows a robe or cloak
    from their own skin in a manner similar to Sage Transformation.

Alternatively, someone who gains the chakra of all nine tailed beasts, either by Chakra infusion or by being a Jinchuriki, who has access to perfected Sage Mode can achieve Six Paths Sage Mode by combining their senjutsu chakra with the chakra of the tailed beasts, which bestows glowing hair and a cloak or coat of dense chakra.

Either way, upon their back someone within Six Paths Sage Mode will possess a series of concentric circles similar to the Rinnigan over a grid of nine magatamas upon their back. Senjutsu techniques done using Six Paths Senjutsu Chakra are more powerful than otherwise, and the enhancements of Six Paths Sage Mode are far greater than basic Sage Mode--particularly in terms of sensory abilities: One who has become a Six Paths Sage can see or feel things that would otherwise only be perceptible to the Rinnegan or a similarly powerful dojutsu.

In addition, the formation of Six PAths Sage Mode Grants the Truth-Seeking Balls, orbs of malleable black chakra that combine all five basic elemental natures and thus surpass all Kekkei Totta and can be manipulated and cheaper for many effects. They can be infused with Yin-Yang Release to negate any ninjutsu that is not infused with Senjutsu chakra.

In addition, while in this form the Sage possesses the ability to use all five basic elemental natures as well as yin, yang, and yin yang release as though they had completely mastered each form of nature transformation, possesses a perfect understanding of chakra, and can levitate if they do not already possess this ability.

Does this work out? Anything that doesn't work?
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-03-30 at 12:20 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

The sage-in-training be must have very large reserves of Chakra, less their chakra be overwhelmed by the natural energy they take in.
    I mean I don't see why that would matter, the impression I got is what truly matters with sage training is the proportions of chakra and natural energy are kept balanced, so that the main advantage of high chakra is that you get to to draw in more sage energy and those with less chakra simply draw proportionally less- its essentially doubling your current reserves. this seems to assume that the mode is somehow locked to only people like Naruto which I find silly, because Jiraiya, Kabuto, Minato and so on don't say that have really big amounts for the kind high level of ninja they are.

The sage-in-training's body must be compatible with senjutsu. Even if one can mold senjutsu chakra perfectly if their body is not strong enough to withstand sage mode that chakra is completely useless.
    this also I do not see evidence for. the source makes it sound like its more of a matter of "if you don't balance this, your a statue, end of story" this seems to be another "protagonist-based assumption" where just because you see the protagonist be the one to get it its somehow their certain traits that allow them to use it? I've watched the anime so if the manga explains this more, I probably don't know it.

and that my impression is that chakra control is incredibly important like all things in ninjutsu and that Naruto it was actually harder for Naruto to do things like balance it because he was a jinchuuriki and had so much, because the ridiculous amount of chakra impacted everything he did chakra control wise. I don't see any particular thing saying Jiraiya or Kabuto had really high amounts of chakra or stamina and Kabuto being a medical nin has to have ridiculous amounts of chakra control like Sakura. and then there is Minato using sage mode, and he didn't have Uzumaki reserves or their incredible health, nor do I recall him having any particular bloodline- he was just really good at what he did.

Per legend, perfect mastery of Snake style Senjutsu either will allow someone to become a dragon or will be the first step of such an ascension.
    Define "dragon". I get its probably eastern one, but still please define it, in terms of what this actually does in ability.

also I generally assume things like variations on sage chakra are just parts of a wider world where many exist, because it just doesn't make sense to my three certain summon animals and some tree guy would have it but not all the other summons, and these are just the ones we see, because if its possible for one summon animal to do it, there is no reason why anyone else can't, its just that sage mode being incredibly powerful is something you generally teach very at higher levels of power, since Naruto doesn't learn it until he has to face PAIN. its normal usage seems very much a late game thing, since we don't see any Chuunin using it, we don't see any real Genin using it (insert "hurhur Naruto is still a genin" joke here). no I don't know why if summons are so common why sage mode would be so rare, I'll figure an explanation out if it becomes important. but generally it seems if you have normal sage mode, your some manner of legendary figure, and even then Sasuke never seeks it despite having two animal contracts (Hawk and Snake) I guess your explanation of a test works out.

because apart of the appeal of a roleplay like this is not to just use the source material, but to EXPAND upon it, add stuff to it. see what other parts of it are like. there is already at least one Shark Sage mentioned before you came in (its my explanation for why so many people in land of water have shark teeth, many of them are descended from him) so....yeah. if this is supposed to be all the sage stuff in the world, it isn't, I'm just saying that now, to remain consistent with Jirou's notes already written.
    and no Senko is not source of his research; he is keeping that source tight lipped as the secret could prove damaging if known, Senko being widely known is also dangerous but not in the same way. all I will say is that Senko's information on Shark Sages is oddly definite and free of speculation.

30. - Top - End - #180

I mean I don't see why that would matter, the impression I got is what truly matters with sage training is the proportions of chakra and natural energy are kept balanced, so that the main advantage of high chakra is that you get to to draw in more sage energy and those with less chakra simply draw proportionally less- its essentially doubling your current reserves. this seems to assume that the mode is somehow locked to only people like Naruto which I find silly, because Jiraiya, Kabuto, Minato and so on don't say that have really big amounts for the kind high level of ninja they are.
    Actually, this is canon. It's from Chapter 412, page 11 according to the Wiki.

Apparently, the reason Jiraiya never mastered Sage Mode is becuase his reserves of Chakra were just slightly too low, so I'm assuming that the "extreme levels" mean "somewhat above average for a Jonin."

this also I do not see evidence for. the source makes it sound like its more of a matter of "if you don't balance this, your a statue, end of story" this seems to be another "protagonist-based assumption" where just because you see the protagonist be the one to get it its somehow their certain traits that allow them to use it? I've watched the anime so if the manga explains this more, I probably don't know it.
    That also comes from the Manga: Per Chapter 579, Orochimaru could mold Senjutsu chakra perfectly but couldn't enter sage mode becuase, even after all of his modifications, his body just wasn't able to handle it. That's actually why he started experimenting with Jugo and ultimately created the Curse Marks, he was trying to look for a cheat to get around that but he wasn't compatible with Jugo's DNA and couldn't figure out how to do what Kabuto did.

and that my impression is that chakra control is incredibly important like all things in ninjutsu and that Naruto it was actually harder for Naruto to do things like balance it because he was a jinchuuriki and had so much, because the ridiculous amount of chakra impacted everything he did chakra control-wise. I don't see any particular thing saying Jiraiya or Kabuto had really high amounts of chakra or stamina and Kabuto being a medical-nin has to have ridiculous amounts of chakra control like Sakura. and then there is Minato using sage mode, and he didn't have Uzumaki reserves or their incredible health, nor do I recall him having any particular bloodline- he was just really good at what he did.
    Minato's whole thing is that he's just inexplicably awesome and even then he explicitly says that she's not good enough at it to actually use it in a fight.

And actually, if you read between the lines it's very strongly implied that Naruto didn't inherit the Uzumaki Clan's vitality or at least doesn't have as much as a full member. Notably, Naruto almost died from being stabbed in the chest by someone who wasn't trying to kill him and when Kabuto messed with his heart, it was all Tsunade could do to save him. When Kurama was extracted from him he went into cardiac arrest and only lived, in the manga, becuase Sakura cut his chest open and was manually pumping his heart long enough to transfer Kurama's Yin-Half from Minato to Naruto

Compare this to his mother, who in the Manga not only survived having Kurama ripped out of her with the implication that exhaustion would be the worst of what she'd receive but who, at least in the manga, was impaled on one of Kurama's claws when she went into battle to help Minato in such a way that everything between her ribs and crotch would have been completely destroyed and continued to live while remaining fully conscious for several minutes, long enough to have a last conversation with Minato.

Kabuto only learned Sage mode after absorbing Orochimaru's body into himself and gaining his powers and splicing himself with the DNA and Chakra o the Sound Ninja Five, Jugo, Suigetsu, and Karin.

So not only would he have gained a crapload of chakra, Kabuto explicitly had an enhanced version of the Uzumaki vitality becuase Karin's Uzumaki vitality was enhanced by Orochimaru's experiments and and an advantage in learning Senjutsu.

Actually, Kabuto was probably immortal at that point: To begin with, Kabuto's skill at medical ninjutsu was so great that he could passively and reflexively heal his own wounds. It was a very week healing factor, but from a technical stand point it was rather impressive. Orochimaru had modified himself to possess a healing factor. Karin's enhanced vitality was strong enough to survive having her heart destroyed for several minutes, could substitute for medical ninjutsu when temporarily bestowed on others, and supercharged the hell out of actual medical techniques(Tsunade got visibly younger when healed by Karin.) Dead Bone Pulse, as a side effect, seems to include a healing factor: In the Manga there's no clean holes opening up, the bones just treat through your flesh and then the wound heals. Sakon and Ukon's bloodline works by, essentially, dissolving your own cells down to their component molecules and denaturing your own proteins then reconstituting yourself, and we've covered how Jugo's Bloodline lets one heal themself.

Combine all of that and it's probably a "as long as he has energy to spare, the only way to kill him is to destroy his molecules" situation.

Define "dragon". I get its probably eastern one, but still please define it, in terms of what this actually does in ability.
    How would you describe Kabuto?

That's all I was referring to, his comment about how his mastery of Snake Style Sage Mode allowed him to trancend the snake and become a Dragon. I decided to make it a full legend becuase 1: One of the Snake Style Sage Techniques is summoning an ethereal Dragon to creates giant flash of light and becuase "Ryuchi" means "Dragon Ground."

If we take Kabuto literally, I assume it's you becoming a dragon in a spiritual sense more than a physical one. A change in your state of being more than an increase in power or the development of new abilities.

also I generally assume things like variations on sage chakra are just parts of a wider world where many exist, because it just doesn't make sense to my three certain summon animals and some tree guy would have it but not all the other summons, and these are just the ones we see, because if its possible for one summon animal to do it, there is no reason why anyone else can't, its just that sage mode being incredibly powerful is something you generally teach very at higher levels of power, since Naruto doesn't learn it until he has to face PAIN. its normal usage seems very much a late game thing, since we don't see any Chuunin using it, we don't see any real Genin using it (insert "hurhur Naruto is still a genin" joke here). no I don't know why if summons are so common why sage mode would be so rare, I'll figure an explanation out if it becomes important. but generally it seems if you have normal sage mode, your some manner of legendary figure, and even then Sasuke never seeks it despite having two animal contracts (Hawk and Snake) I guess your explanation of a test works out.
    Yeah, I was basically just going over the canon sage modes. There can be as many or as few actual variations of it as we want.

I'm just saying that now, to remain consistent with Jirou's notes already written.
    and no Senko is not source of his research; he is keeping that source tight lipped as the secret could prove damaging if known, Senko being widely known is also dangerous but not in the same way. all I will say is that Senko's information on Shark Sages is oddly definite and free of speculation.
    Yeah, that's fair. Actually, it's kind of consistent with canon in a way: If you pay attention to the timeline, Orochimaru would have had to have given Anko the Cursed Seal of HEaven before he got his hands on Jugo, meaning that he would have had to have started experimenting with them before he had access to Jugo's bloodline.

"So experimenting on this thing and 'oh, neat, this person's Kekkei Genkai does exactly what I'm trying to do' happens serendipitously" happened in canon and could have easily happened here.

Though how much of Shark Style Sage Mode would Jirou have shared with Senko?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks