New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

1. darn it, that stamina thing for sage mode is canon? oh well at least I got an explanation for something I have planned for Kimiko.

2. at the same time though: we see the Cursed Seal do it for people, so why can the seal get around the stamina limitation when normal sage mode can't? are the transformations just proof that its inherently imperfect unlike real sage mode?

3. I'd just describe Kabuto as "crazy mutant snakeman who drank Orochimaru's kool-aid too much" but I guess "dragon" is fitting for that to. See, that arc was very busy and full of immortal ash zombies being laid to rest through the power of talk no jutsu or rinnegan shenanigans, so I am not surprised that I missed Kabuto had basically become Ninja Cell.

5. Uh....hm....how much would she know? enough to confirm that its true, but not enough to make it outright obvious that uh...

ah screw it, I can't explain this without giving it away, and its not as if Nozojo doesn't know, therefore Igor should know this to: Jirou's source of the sage mode knowledge is a kiri missing nin who is the modern shark sage and thus is against Yagura and loyal to the Kirigakure they know/want, not Yagura's Kiri. Since missing-nin are well, criminals, its generally seen as a bad idea to be associated with one. thats why its secret. like the missing-nin probably hasn't told him everything and Jirou himself is probably not telling Senko entirely what he knows or that he knows the modern Shark Sage so that its not given away what the source is, but you just know its accurate for what it is due the numbers being involved lining up with the numbers you have or something that like that, because its just generally a bad idea to share secrets in general, the more its shared, the less of secret it really is after all.
    its kept secret partly because if it got out he is working with a missing-nin thats shady and suspicious and whatnot in the Sound Village....but in the wider ninja world, it would attract Yagura's attention, and thus Kiri's attention. not a good idea.

as for what Jirou possibly did or agreed on to get such valuable information in exchange, I am not sure yet, but its probably something significant to that missing-nin. given that Jirou is going to become Otokage, it might even come up as something relevant in the current day.

Minato's whole thing is that he's just inexplicably awesome and even then he explicitly says that she's not good enough at it to actually use it in a fight.
    There is this thing called luck Rater. sometimes that hardworking ninja from no family to speak of just gets the right opportunity to break the glass ceiling and be among legends, its not inexplicable its just less probable than a method explicitly engineered to work like having a tailed beast inside them holding their hand.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    2. at the same time though: we see the Cursed Seal do it for people, so why can the seal get around the stamina limitation when normal sage mode can't? are the transformations just proof that its inherently imperfect unlike real sage mode?
    I don't think it does.

With Orochimaru's Cursemarks, 90% of people who get one die during the i initial "pass out from pain and exhaustion" stage and even if you survive you have to take a special medicine or it'll eventually kill you anyway. And the medicine will kill you unless you are immediately sealed away in a state of false death until the drug runs it's course.

5. Uh....hm....how much would she know? enough to confirm that its true, but not enough to make it outright obvious that uh...

ah screw it, I can't explain this without giving it away, and its not as if Nozojo doesn't know, therefore Igor should know this to: Jirou's source of the sage mode knowledge is a kiri missing nin who is the modern shark sage and thus is against Yagura and loyal to the Kirigakure they know/want, not Yagura's Kiri. Since missing-nin are well, criminals, its generally seen as a bad idea to be associated with one. thats why its secret. like the missing-nin probably hasn't told him everything and Jirou himself is probably not telling Senko entirely what he knows or that he knows the modern Shark Sage so that its not given away what the source is, but you just know its accurate for what it is due the numbers being involved lining up with the numbers you have or something that like that, because its just generally a bad idea to share secrets in general, the more its shared, the less of secret it really is after all.
    its kept secret partly because if it got out he is working with a missing-nin thats shady and suspicious and whatnot in the Sound Village....but in the wider ninja world, it would attract Yagura's attention, and thus Kiri's attention. not a good idea.

as for what Jirou possibly did or agreed on to get such valuable information in exchange, I am not sure yet, but its probably something significant to that missing-nin. given that Jirou is going to become Otokage, it might even come up as something relevant in the current day.
    No, I mean, you said that whatever Senko knows about Shark Sage Mode is "definite" which would imply that she should know about Shark Sage Mode to some degree. I was asking "does she know what it does," basically.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    No, I mean, you said that whatever Senko knows about Shark Sage Mode is "definite" which would imply that she should know about Shark Sage Mode to some degree. I was asking "does she know what it does," basically.
    Oh well, I honestly haven't come up with that yet, sorry! Was hoping for the veil of secrets to give me time to come up with something good to make sure its quality and such, but we can work out what it does and whether or not Senko would know that, but I'll lean on the side of "No, because the missing-nin is loyal to Kiri, or at least the Kiri he wants even if he is in exile and his nations currently ruled by a tyrant so why give up what he thinks of as a Kiri secret?" unless Jirou offered him something incredibly good, or what Shark Sage mode does is really well known and she just doesn't know the mechanics of HOW they do it.

so its what would Shark Sage Mode do? my knee-jerk reaction is to say "breath underwater" but thats kind of underwhelming compared to other sage modes and kind of useless since Ninja just....walk on water anyways, but hey might have some tactical/stealth uses walking on water doesn't, and might be a feature of any water based sage mode, so its like, might need something more? *shrug* perhaps something to tie into the sharks predatory nature?

4. - Top - End - #184

If Shark Sages are responsible for the fish-Looking people and the Shark Teeth semi-common among mist ninja, you could look at Kisame.

Kisame breathes underwater... But he can also absorb Chakra. He doesn't need Samehada for that, he can do it on his own. Samehada just makes it better.

In this universe, the Shark shaped Water techniques he uses might be weaker versions of Shark Style Senjutsu. "With Senjutsu, my water sharks might as well be real sharks" or something like that.

Either way, expect Senko to try and get the Shark Sage to teach her if he's still in the Sound Village by the time she's in condition to actually learn Sage Mode as part of her eventual desire to become the greatest sage ever.

Edit: I don't know if you'll see this but I made a mistake in the treatise on Senjutsu: Apprently, surviving the White Snake Sage's Nature Energy Injection bestows "The White Snake" Power on someone in addition to allowing them to learn Sage Mode.

It is apparently responsible for Orochimaru's healing factor and his various "snake" body mods build up off of it. I'm editing the treatise to clarify.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-03-30 at 12:13 AM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #185

Notes

Should Senko manage to train with the snakes or assimilate the cells and chakra of someone who did, The Power of The White Snake would manifest in her as a serpent-like tail of variable length. Something manageable, not something freaky like Orochimaru(The whole Body is Snakes!) or Kabuto(giant snake coming out of his navel.) Should she manage to acquire Sakan and Ukon's bloodline, it'd also be how she managed to Preform Strange Transmission Distant Shadow(the "create a clone of someone to do their techniques" thing) though that's very much a late-game thing.

How far back do the lore and history changes go? Is there a shriveled up Madara corpse hooked up to a tree in a cave full of bored off their ass Zetsus becuase nobody happened to fall into his clutches in time for him to create a brainwashed successor?

Since "Power of the White Snake" is a thing that exists and seems to be separate from Sage Mode, it's possible that similar powers exist for other summoners: Since Kidomaru's got Six arms, a number of silk-related Hidden Jutsu, and a contract with a giant spider, he might have been in the process of becoming a spider-sage or the like.

It would be accurate to say that Senko succeeding in splicing herself with the cells and chakra would eventually cause her Sage Transformation to evolve into a Kekkei Tota or even a Kekkei Mora as multiple bodily alterations and chakra natures are merged into her native ability. At this time, beyond a more versatile set of transformations, I have no idea what this might entail yet. I'm leaning towards "higher-quality chakra=higher quality senjutsu"

Senko cannot gain a kekkei tota or artificially created kekkei Genkai by splicing herself with multiple individuals with the composite elements/bloodlines. She needs cells from people with the ability.

Elemental bloodlines seems to come with not only a powerful affinity for the component elements but some instinctual ability to use nature transformation: In the flashback to his childhood when his bloodline first activated, Haku was basically water bending.

Senko splicing herself with cells from multiple people with the same or similar bloodlines or affinities would result in a better quality version of the bloodline or a stronger version of the affinity (IE, hypothetically if Senko snuck into th Leaf Village, made off with the bodies of the First and Second Hokage, and used mad science to absorb them into herself, she'd have a very strong Water affinity becuase of the Water affinity that come from Wood Release combined with the Second's noted to be abnormally potent water affinity, which would only get stronger if she spliced herself with cells from someone with Mud Release, Ice Release, Storm Release, or Boil Release)

Since Crystal Release and Steel Release don't have known compositions, I'd like to make the proposal that one of them is an alternate combination of fire and earth chakra(the same way that Wood and Mud are both combinations of Earth and Water) and that the other is the advanced form of Earth Chakra similar to Blaze for Fire and Typhoon for Wind. I could see either being either. Does that make sense?

There's no upper limit to how many individuals Senko can be spliced with, but the more she tries to do at once the greater the odds of it all going horribly wrong become. (higher still if the samples radically different.) Furthermore, without Strange Transmission Distant Shadow, eventually, the benefits will start to taper off as she'd have to take time to master each chakra nature and more time spent mastering someone else's techniques is less time mastering senjutsu.

Thoughts?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

The changes are thus:
    -Madara became Second Hokage, and so never fought Hashirama at the valley of the end or end up going with the moons eye plan, instead Tobirama got mad instead beng the Uchiha-hater he is and the Valley of the End fight happened between Tobirama and Madara with Madara obviously winning. but then Madara was the cause of the First Shinobi War, which he actually lost for his troubles, but ironically despite that he was competent enough to die of natural causes, regretting his decisions in his old age and thinking Hashirama was right.

this leads to a different Leaf Village where the Uchiha are accepted and become more moral/ethical in their endeavors but the village in general was influenced by Madara's ruthlessness and thus is more morally grey. Konoha is known as the most powerful village, but not for individual geniuses (though they do have them) but rather for its super-lottery of bloodlines and advantages that it has being located in bountiful arable land, with lightning being the second most powerful village after it. the senju and Uzuamaki clan for example are still around not having been dissolved into a wider population or killed off, this is so that we can focus on what these clans would be like if they actually existed rather than dying out in canon.

also me and Igor have agreed that ROOT and maybe to a lesser extent konoha is supposed to be the big bad. something like that.

-Zetsu: I generally assume that zetsu- or at least, Black Zetsu- doesn't currently exist for this roleplay. Zetsu's power to create so many of himself and do things like Black Zetsu stuff is real high-powered and Fourth Shinobi War-ish. that Zetsu would push everything to do a retread of the Infinite Tsukuyomi aaaaand I'm not interested in that, I doubt Igor is interested in that given the shenanigans it would lead. like if zetsu exists, its probably as some hibernating old project from some ancient Kaguya-era ruin that people if they discover it, have no idea what it does or why this completely pale man is a thing and the Zetsu involved would just an emotionless soldier awaiting orders from Kaguya that will never come. Black zetsu however certainly does not exist at all, he is the truly dangerous that would make a Infinite Tsukuyomi repeat.

Infinite Tsukuyomi is still possible sure, but its this complicated ritual involving nine tailed beasts, a statue that no one knows where it is and an eye that hasn't been seen in over a thousand years, assuming anyone can even decipher that old Uchiha tablet to learn about it, I'm sure you know whats required to read that. so not something that'll happen unless people go out of their way to make it happen.

other than that, its just a general assumption that while the world is roughly the same as pre-shippuden naruto in broad strokes, most of the characters are original to this roleplay unless we feel like including a minor canon character as some "in spite of a nail" sort of thing like I did with Yagura to make sure Bloody Mist stuff still happened.

As for the rest of your post and the one before it:
    okay both releases probably make sense as one or the other, probably? Earth/Fire is surprisingly versatile and varied in this world. did the author have a geology degree or something?

and yeah I can see that sort of thing occurring with other pacts. wish we could come up with a better name for it than "power of x" but whatever. summoning pacts seem to have a lot of potential for body modification- and the possible creepiness that can come with it.

yeah everything your saying here is logical in some way so I don't see why not. as for shark sages absorbing chakra....hm... I can see that, if as a more of a "take a big on time bite out of it" than as some over time drain.

7. - Top - End - #187

So... If Hashirama and Madara never fought, Madara never used Kurama as a weapon against the leaf, so Mito Uzumaki never became a jinchuriki...

She's probably still alive, then. In canon, her hair hadn't even gone grey yet when she arranged for Kurama to be transferred to Kushina.

...Also, I may have screwed up in Senko's "I don't believe the legend but its highly plausible that something more or less the same but that got exaggerated to hell happened" rant, the parts with Madara. Assuming "Mind Controlling Kurama" wasn't a standard part of his repertoire.

"The Power of The White Snake" is apparently the actual, official name of the power you get for passing the White Snake Sage's final test. Other beings that have a similar power might call it differently. (I'd want to do a joke about the "Responsibility of the Spider" if it didn't seem like the Giant Spider summons were mostly just monsters.)

The more I think about it, the more I for-sure want Senko to train with the snakes at some point, regardless of whatever else she may or may not get the opportunity to do. It's a bit of a retread of canon, but the snake-sages' emphasis on genjustsu and ethereal dragons suggest that training with them could strengthen her Yin chakra and balance her out to a degree.

It won't matter unless/until we do a time-skip, becuase she's younger than even the other PCs, but Senko is most likely Pansexual but Aromantic. It just makes the most sense with her personality so if it ever comes up...

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, Mito might not even exist as a specific member (if she does she probably still got in a another way), but Uzumaki are still a clan in Konoha and still have the Nine-Tailed fox, because...they're literally the only clan in the world that can have the nine-tailed fox in them due to the high stamina requirements. unless one comes up with shenanigans otherwise. Konoha literally needs the Uzumaki clan to keep one of its most important military assets on their side, because each time a tailed beast gets loose, thats not just a big giant monster screwing things up by being a living natural disaster, its a shift in politics and military strength because the nation won't have a jinchuuriki to counter another jinchuuriki.
    Spoiler: tangental
    Show
    (its why Minato went the route that he did, because otherwise if Konoha was left without fox....and people found out well...along with the Third Hokage being an old man who could drop dead at any time....lets say Konoha days as a superpower, maybe even as a village would get numbered, because the only counter Minato would have to a foreign jinchuuriki would be to use the Death Reaper Seal and thus get a weaker jinchuuriki out of it than the fox at best, he would die again, Naruto would be older and thus the power would be harder to wield since tailed beast chakra requires time to integrate and be grieving over the loss of a dead father probably still as a child and then we'd get Naru-sasuke: foreign tailed beast edition with "My Dad is DEAAAAAAAAAADD!!" catchphrase action. which given that tailed beasts break out when your feeling negative emotions, and the backup seal Naruto canonically has was made by his mother which he wouldn't have if Minato alone sealed the a beast, thats a recipe for failure)

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

I always thought, all the summoned animals are somehow connected to Sage-mode things.
    But it was long time ago
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

10. - Top - End - #190

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    I always thought, all the summoned animals are somehow connected to Sage-mode things.
    But it was long time ago
    In canon, it's officially just the Snakes, the Toads, and in side-materials the Slugs with Jugo's Clan and Hashirama having forms of it that aren't tied directly to summons. (Technically, if you accept a semi-canon filler arc from the anime as canon, the Toads might have indirectly invented Sage Mode.)

Here? Technically we can do whatever we want. If we wanted we could have a demonic sage mode that you learn from whatever's on the other side of the Rashomon gates.

Though while we're on it? Where did you get the idea that the summons come from another world? In canon, the reason the toads use portals and teleportation techniques to go back and forth is becuase it would take several months to get there by foot.

Ryuichi Cave is apparently within walking distance of the Leaf Village. Apprently you can only see it if you're deliberately looking for it, which implies that the entrance is somewhere where they're expecting a bunch of people to be passing by.

Anyway, if you're ending the spar and the Love Sensei bit, does that mean that the day is over soon? Becuase if you are, I can just wait to the start of the next "episode," and Senko is formally introduced to team 3 and the arrangement explained. Otherwise, I would like a reply to my most recent post.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Though while we're on it? Where did you get the idea that the summons come from another world? In canon, the reason the toads use portals and teleportation techniques to go back and forth is becuase it would take several months to get there by foot.

Ryuichi Cave is apparently within walking distance of the Leaf Village. Apprently you can only see it if you're deliberately looking for it, which implies that the entrance is somewhere where they're expecting a bunch of people to be passing by.

Anyway, if you're ending the spar and the Love Sensei bit, does that mean that the day is over soon? Becuase if you are, I can just wait to the start of the next "episode," and Senko is formally introduced to team 3 and the arrangement explained. Otherwise, I would like a reply to my most recent post.
    because THE CANONICAL WAY DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE! and I couldn't find anything on the Naruto that said what their exact locations were! I thought that since summoning was a space time jutsu, and Mt. Myuboku has this weird sky and landscape and that secret pathways meant some weird dimensional pathway since no other village had tried to get there, and thus that it was a different world, and if that since Pakkun talked and was summonable, and Akamaru didn't talk and wasn't summonable, that it would make sense that all talking animals who get summoned are just weird aliens from other dimensions, otherwise it meant that Kakashi is just better at the Inuzuka's job for no reason!

that and considering all the other various beasts summoned up during the series, that has to mean there would have to be other such regions where summoned animals come from! while still having normal animal ninja like Kiba around?? its blatantly inconsistent and thus means there has to be some unknown magic turning some animals sapient and others not that somehow gathers at certain places? why?

dimensions just make more sense to me than trying to figure out the way that nonsense works.

as for the fight, well they still haven't taken out Kazuo. but yeah, probably nearing that. I'm being less dramatic and more logical about fights in this roleplay because of the emphasis on tactics, plans and ninja fighting dirty, so if fights just suddenly end because its logical for that happen, thats going to happen. Miho's supposed to be a Rock Lee-level taijutsu monster and look what good tactics is doing to her.

12. - Top - End - #192

I mean, the talking animals with weird powers could be like, nature spirits or something. Apprently some of the "snakes" of Ryuchi cave just happen to be shaped like humans.

Mount Myoboku is noted to have special spiritual properties int eh atmosphere and that seemingly infinite supply of oil that draws natural energy to it. That might explain why the sky there is green.

The secret pathways... Obviously the route is hidden by a Genjutsu and those specific paths are the only ways that get past it, same way that Ryuchi cave can only be found by someone who is actively looking for it.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-03-31 at 10:25 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

...nani?

I didn't seen it a s headcannon, I thought it was simply cannon.
    Wait, so you can summon people from within the same dimension with such ease?

Wait. So the Hokage can summon a monkey, Kakashi a dog and so on and so on,
    But specifcly toads, serpents and slugs are the only ones with acces to the nature hipi chakra thing?
    What?
    I am trying to understand it all.

If there were reasons for me to hesitate to open this roleplay, are those things.
    I honestly, believed, that if I have watched and read the series(even if skipping the fillers) I know everything that there is to know.
    Ksu.
    Deskslam*

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #194

Sorry

Yeah. The thing with the summons is that they're apparently just magic talking animals separate from regular animals, some of whom live in special places.

In canon, only the Frogs and snakes are known to practice Sage Mode, with bonus materials suggesting that the slugs also know how, but this is a fan game, we don't have to limit it as such and can have as many sets of summons have a sage as we want.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry

Yeah. The thing with the summons is that they're apparently just magic talking animals separate from regular animals, some of whom live in special places.

In canon, only the Frogs and snakes are known to practice Sage Mode, with bonus materials suggesting that the slugs also know how, but this is a fan game, we don't have to limit it as such and can have as many sets of summons have a sage as we want.

We can do anything: For Example, in canon Minato Namikaze created the Rasengan by studying the tailed beast ball and his son Naruto Uzumaki eventually perfected it by combining it with wind release, turning it from a spiraling ball of energy to a spiraling ball of energy that shreds things at the molecular level. A generation later, Naruto's prodigy son Boruto Uzumaki creates a more versatile version of the Rasengan by instinctively combining it with Lightning Release, creating a Rasengan that can be thrown and turns invisible.

None of those people exist in this game... But that doesn't mean that Kimiko couldn't independently create it on her own out of frustration with being unable to learn the Tailed Beast Ball and then combine it with Paper Release to create a spiraling ball that messes you up but then expands out to trap you in a paper-based barrier or fuinjutsu.

Or Usagi independently creating it and then combining it with whatever her nature is to make a version that can be shot as an arrow.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

See this is why I went for the more headcanon-y but widely consistent explanations, because they make more sense than what actually happened, allow for more things to be possible for a roleplay and actually provoke less questions and confusion.

anyways, we've already established the inaccurate headcanon in this, so thats what we're going with. I'm sorry that Senko won't be able to walk to Ryuchi Cave or wherever, but I legit thought that with Kaguya doing the dimensional thing and Boruto exploring dimensional stuff as well that it was all just expansion on the whole space-time jutsu stuff they already had.

as for Kimiko developing the rasengan- which I guess your technically right in that she might develop it one day because all jutsu include that jutsu but didn't have that one specifically in mind- I do have a seal-less jutsu teacher in mind for her at some point, because mentors and teachers are important for this. though honestly I technically kind of have a million or so teachers possible, because if she is trying to learn them all, who she learns from is less a matter of "which one?" and more of a matter of "when" balanced against what will best serve her in the long run....but then again, at her age, it'll be Jirou that does the choosing, which given that the Sound Village a newer less powerful village, probably without much in the way of local teachers for more powerful stuff but might be considered a valuable ally to surrounding nations, could be a wider selection than one might think as the teaching of a genius prodigy to grow into some powerful ninja legend could be a good offer enough to secure an alliance in return. after all- wouldn't such an alliance be worth getting the next Minato Namikaze or Three Legendary Sannin out of it?

16. - Top - End - #196

See this is why I went for the more headcanon-y but widely consistent explanations, because they make more sense than what actually happened, allow for more things to be possible for a roleplay and actually provoke less questions and confusion.

anyways, we've already established the inaccurate headcanon in this, so thats what we're going with. I'm sorry that Senko won't be able to walk to Ryuchi Cave or wherever, but I legit thought that with Kaguya doing the dimensional thing and Boruto exploring dimensional stuff as well that it was all just expansion on the whole space-time jutsu stuff they already had
    I mean, it makes perfect sense. the only people who are known to be able to travel dimensions at will are the full-fledged member of the Ōtsutsuki clan, who aren't human and who gain Godlike chakra by eating he fruit of World Trees.

It's high level stuff.

If the summons were from another dimension... Then there would be no way of making contact to summon them at the first place.

At bare minimum, there would need to be pre-existing/naturally occurring places where the dimensions over lap and/or portals exist so that the contracts could be established in the first place.

Look, it's not that big a deal as long as there is a way to get there that doesn't require Senko to already have enough power and chakra control to dimension walk, I was just asking why you went with a headcanon.

I don't really care as long as I don't have to already have Six Paths Sage Mode and full mastery of all five basic chakra natures before she can train with the snakes. I was just curious.

(I'm a little worried about whether or not I should point out the mistake you made earlier in this thread about Naruto and Tsudane's healing factors though)
    as for Kimiko developing the rasengan- which I guess your technically right in that she might develop it one day because all jutsu include that jutsu but didn't have that one specifically in mind- I do have a seal-less jutsu teacher in mind for her at some point, because mentors and teachers are important for this. though honestly I technically kind of have a million or so teachers possible, because if she is trying to learn them all, who she learns from is less a matter of "which one?" and more of a matter of "when" balanced against what will best serve her in the long run....but then again, at her age, it'll be Jirou that does the choosing, which given that the Sound Village a newer less powerful village, probably without much in the way of local teachers for more powerful stuff but might be considered a valuable ally to surrounding nations, could be a wider selection than one might think as the teaching of a genius prodigy to grow into some powerful ninja legend could be a good offer enough to secure an alliance in return. after all- wouldn't such an alliance be worth getting the next Minato Namikaze or Three Legendary Sannin out of it?
    Yeah that makes sense.

I was just going for an example of "just becuase it's that way in canon, that doesn't mean that it has to be that way here." If we were hard restricted to canon, then there would be no Rasengan becuase the characters who invented it in canon don't exist.

Since the Rasengan is canonically the "ultimate" form of Shape Manipulation, I was even toying with the idea of Senko creating it or something similar when she's higher level and has her chakra balanced enough to do techniques under the logic that she wants to be absolutely sure that she can use Sage Mode properly so she practices every form of Chakra control until she completely masters it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

(I'm a little worried about whether or not I should point out the mistake you made earlier in this thread about Naruto and Tsudane's healing factors though)
    There is no mistake. The Creation rebirth technique hastens cell division, thus shortens a persons lifespan. while the anime was explicit in saying that after Naruto went into a tailed beast rage mode attacking Orochimaru during the Tenchi bridge mission with sai, that his regeneration shortens his life span as well. the power of a human body is not infinite, even with chakra speeding up the process, special properties of Wood Release notwithstanding.

18. - Top - End - #198

There is no mistake. The Creation rebirth technique hastens cell division, thus shortens a persons lifespan. while the anime was explicit in saying that after Naruto went into a tailed beast rage mode attacking Orochimaru during the Tenchi bridge mission with sai, that his regeneration shortens his life span as well. the power of a human body is not infinite, even with chakra speeding up the process, special properties of Wood Release notwithstanding.
    Yeah, but earlier in the thread you used both of them shortening the user's life as an example of why too much chakra is dangerous when it's specifically becuase it speeds up cell division without improving the efficiency of cell division that was the problem.

Anyway, since the process of bloodline grafting involves an infusion of both Chakra and Cells, based on how Kabuto did it in canon, I'm kind of leaning away from "five elemental bloodlines" being enough to "five enhancements in general" being enough to balance her chakra enough that she can start working on improving her control.

With the caveat that multiple copies of the same bloodline or Chakra Nature don't count towards the total. If Senko succeeds in grafting Dead Bone Pulse to herself and then in the chunin exams manages to steal cells and chakra from Hamura, Raiko, and Mist's Bane and grafts those into herself, that would only count as one becuase all three of them are just different variations/implementations of the same bloodline, so she'd still need two more. (I'd count Gohan as separate, though, becuase his Lava Release comes from inheriting Son Goku's chakra from his grandfather so it's a little different.)

By the point that she grafted five traits onto herself, she'd have amalgamated her chakra with at least five people and adding those natures should correct her yin imbalance.

Is this logical?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

look I go on rambling tangents, okay? not everyone I talk to is as detail-focused as you, and therefore around them I don't have be as exacting with my wording. sometimes I prefer it, so I don't have to constantly fact check every reply I make, which can get a little annoying at times. I know you mean well though, so don't worry about it.

but yeah, thats logical.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-04-01 at 08:14 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200

Also, non-jinchuriki with multiple traits count as one mod because they'd only have one chakra.

If Senko stole Hasirama's body and assimilated his cells, that'd only be one mod even though he had three(admittedly overlapping) powers tied to his DNA, as would say, a Storm Release User with an implanted Sharingan, but Kurama's current Jinchuriki would count as two because Uzumaki longevity and tailed beast chakra, with two separate chairs within the person. (Psudo Jinchurki, however, would only count as one chakra mod)

Taking a "Sage Animal" power by stealing the cells and chakra of someone who has it counts as a mod, but gaining it naturally does not.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #201

Potential Future Characters

1: Kid from the Leaf Village whose parents were an Uchiha and a Hyuga and possesses a Byakugan in their right eye(colored white) and an eye with Sharingan in the left(normal eye with a black or dark brown iris like most Uchiha.)

Kid is very bitter becuase when their parents were killed on a mission, neither family was willing to take them in for fear of the other throwing a fit at "stealing" their bloodline and/or family secrets so they became a ward of the state and also because they get bullied for their heterochromia by the other kids. Very much a "I'll show them, I'll show them all" type, Potential antagonist or someone who can be convinced to defect. Potentially possesses a mutated form of the Mangekyo due to the interaction of Byakugan Chakra and Sharingan Chakra.

(Inspired by the fact that, apparently, one of the Databooks says that if a Sharingan user and Byakugan user had a kid the kid would have one eye from each.)

2: Young snake from Ryuchi cave who is a prodigy in Yin-Chakra nature transformation and able to assume human form. Serves as a wise-guy to Senko's straight-man and is either her way to the cave when she's ready to train or Senko's personal summon/familiar after training depending on timing.

I like the idea of her name either literally being Nuduru or else being the word for a noodle dish as a pun on the "danger noodle" meme.

3: Five cousins from Sakon and Ukon's clan, born from several generations of selective breeding to be physically highly compatible while each having a different chakra nature. Raised from both to act as a single person and indoctrinated to the point that they genuinely believe themselves to be a single individual in five parts. Only separate to train in chakra control and shape and nature transformation and to build up their reserves.

Totally not be inspired by the Delightful Children From Down the Lane from Codename: Kids Next Door.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #202

Men-Ko (麺子 "Noodle-child")
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Men-Ko
    Height: 4'0'' (human) 9' (snake)
    Weight: Whatever a female snake other size ways.
    Species: Ryuchi Cave Snake
    Station: Snake Sage in Training, Senko's familiar.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Men-Ko in her true form is a nine-foot-long venomous summon-snake that physiologically resembles a somewhat oversized juvenile king cobra with white scales, lavender chevron patterned stripes and purple eyes.

When using human-form transformation, she instead appears as a fair and regal juvenile girl with unnaturally pale skin, silky black hair in a hime cut, and lavender markings around purple eyes that are slitted like a snake's.

she usually wears a simple white kimono and wooden sandles when in human form.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Men-Ko is a young snake from Ryuchi Cave. Officially she is, alonf with many other snakes, in the running to become the next White Snake Sage, but considering how long summoned animals are known to live that's so far away that she sees no point in rushing to train and would rather sneak away to the human world to good off. She has a potentially terminal inability to take most situations seriously.

She has a strange obsession with various noodle dishes, which she insists are almost as tasty as human chakra

Secretly, she's reluctant to actually study to be in a position to become a sage because the White Snake Sage's policy of devouring potential sages who fail to properly mold senjutsu chakra in order to feed upon their chakra isn't limited to human's training to become Snake Sages and she knows that she has no chance of fighting off the white snake sage.

Like most summon snakes, she has no moral or ethical concerns in regards to cannibalism or the devouring of sapients. She's a snake, it's what they do.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Men-Ko has repeatedly fled to the human world to play and goof off only to return to Ryuchi cave when she inevitably got bored.

Her obsession with various noodle dishes earned her her name.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Men-Ko possesses a level of chakra comparable to an average Genin and has a strong but not unusually so affinity to Yin Release.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taijutsu: D rank. Other than coiling and biting, Men-Ko has no ability to engage in hand to hand combat and waifish human for is unsuited to such things.

Ninjutsu: D Rank. Men-Ko can use a handful of simply Yin-Release Ninjutsu, creating effects similar enough to the basic three ninjutsu as well as a few more unique techniques, listed below. Men-Ko can at this time only use Yin-Release Ninjutsu, with one exception.

Genjutsu: C-B Rank. Men-Ko can manipulate Yin Chakra to create psychic illusions or manipulate the senses of others.

Senjutsu: Maybe if she studied more, but that this point literally all she can do is sense unusually large concentrations of Natural energy within her immediate area. She knows not how to absorb natural energy nor how to mold senjutsu chakra and would be of no help in learning such techniques.

As a summoned snake, Men-Ko has senses and psychology that, while similar to humans' in some respects, are radically different in others. In her true form, she possesses a very strong sense of smell and the ability to perceive heat in a way that humans cannot. She's also theoretically capable of living for thousands of years if nothing kills her.

Men-Ko is, like the cobra she resembles, highly venomous. However, her strong Yin-chakra nature alters her venom's properties: Rather than killing the subject, it merely inflicts them with severe phantom pain and, in larger doses, can render a subject into a state of unconsciousness where they suffer vivid nightmares or even full-fledged night terrors. The exact severity and duration of the effect depends on how much venom she uses and how much chakra the victim has in comparison to Men-Ko, with people more powerful than Men-Ko able to shrug the effect off.

Like many summoned snakes, Men-Ko can devour a living or recently dead being in order to slowly absorb their chakra, which can then be used to replenish her stamina or nourish her as though it were food.

Techniques.

Yin Release: Human-Form Transformation: An advanced version of the basic transformation Jutsu that allows a summoned animal who knows it to permanently assume a unique human form that roughly translates their features into the human equivalent. This transformation has no upkeep and other than slight cosmetic differences(almost always the eyes) the subject is physically human in any way, though chakra analysis or genetic testing can reveal the truth. This technique lasts until the user dispels it, it is forcibly disrupted by a forced infusion of outside chakra, or the user is killed.

Yin Release: Multiple Autonomous Clones: Similar to the basic Clone Jutsu, but capable of creating dozens or even hundreds of clones that can be programmed to make simple decisions. Great for when you need a distraction and no-longer care for subtlety

This Is Someone Else's Problem: A Genjutsu that makes people in the area subconsciously ignore and move out of the way of caster and anyone within a certain radius around them and forget they were ever there, However, physical contact breaks the effect and it fails to work if whatever the caster is doing is, in fact, an observer's problem. Nor does itwork on electronic surveillance. Most effective when used in conjunction with other genjutsu or stealth techniques to cover up gaps left by other techniques.

This Is Normal: A stronger and more specialized version of the above technique, which makes people pay no mind to strange behavior committed by the caster and ultimately forget it. However, there's an upper limit to what people are willing to rationalize away and forget. It covers social faux pas, minor crimes, or making a scene. But by itself, it will not allow one to get away with major societal disruptions or major criminal behavior in and of itself.

This is not the Snake you're looking for: A hypnotic suggestion Genjustu that allows one to influence the weak-minded or individuals who are weaker than you and unused to covering Genjutsu by looking them in the eye. Almost useless on people who within similar power ranges who are aware of the possibility and with a modicum of will power or on people who are stronger than the snake.

Fuinjutsu: Venom Brand of Master and Servant: The one exception to Men-Ko's limitation in using only Yin Release Ninjutsu, if Men-Ko channels her chakra into her venom glands and then injects a large dose of her venom into a subject by biting their arm, should the subject be able to resist the venom's effect, the venom will transform into ink and tattoo a symbol onto the subject's arm that 1: serves as an exclusive summoning contract between the subject and Men-Ko(Summoning Jutsu must be learned elsewhere) and 2: Marks the subject as Men-Ko's master, and Men-Ko as the subject's personal summon and familiar. Men-Ko is honor-bound to be available whenever her master needs her and to fulfill every request and command that does not constitute an unreasonable burden upon her, does not violate the sanctity of her mind and body, and does not put her in unreasonable danger. A master who disrespects their servants or takes them for granted doesn't deserve servants.

The compulsion is one of honor and tradition, not mind control or coercion. The only penalty if Men-Ko does not obey a legal command is that the other snakes will know her as dishonorable. And yes, the snakes will know if Men-Ko forms this pact or if she breaks it.

This contract can be broken if 1: The Master willingly releases Men-Ko from it, 2: The Master attempts to force Men-Ko from a legal command, or three, 3: The Master is killed in a manner than Men-Ko has absolutely nothing to do with. (The contract seal knows.) It remains in effect even if the master forms a general contract with the snakes of Ryuchi Cave or a pact with another clan of summoned animals.

Men-Ko's duty to her master supersedes and, if necessary, invalidates any other duties or obligations she may possess.

Power of the White Snake: After inadvertently putting herself in a position to take the White Snake sage's test, and passing the final trial with Senko's help, Menko's powers of rejuvenation and regeneration were activated and enhanced with natural energy.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None yet

The idea is that she's mostly a support character and foil for Senko, but her genjutsu is separate from and complementary to Yuyuyu's and she can serve as a partner/support character for her, too, in a "split the party" situation.

Thoughts?

(My thought is that she'd initially be a minor antagonist only to use the Venom Brand to dodge the consequences of her goofing around and/or avoid being sent home where she'll get in trouble for sneaking off yet again.)
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-02-08 at 01:29 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, lets lets look at these:

1- Uchiha/Hyuga hybrid is fine since its not a Senju/Uchiha one. backstory makes sense. I can see Root using him for their ends in some capacity. also playing out the difficulties of trying to juggle two different eyes that aren't entirely compatible with each other might be fun to see.

2-the delightful ninja creeps are a cool concept to, I'm just not sure: where would they be from? Igor didn't specify where the sound five type of stuff are in this Sound Village, so.....default assumption is that they're Sound and that Sakon/Udon's bloodline is either a clan we haven't specified or from somewhere else. so we'd have to come up with a clan for that and what that clan's position and goals are in Sound if any- make sure they make sense given the history and environment they are in, all that sort of thing. like if they were willing to make kids like this, clearly they value things over the kids freedom or a normal lifestyle.

3-Menko
    ah, statting out a snake summon? that makes sense. some summons are probably more versatile and powerful than others after all. seems like a good thing to put in for Senko.

24. - Top - End - #204

1: apparently, double-checking, it's not "Uchiha and Senju" but specifically combining a fully mature Sharingan with the chakra of Ashura and Indra. This means that 1:The child of a Senju and an Uchiha is probably just a regular Uchiha and 2: Orochimaru would have been SOL if he'd actually managed to take Itachi's body for his own becuase Itachi didn't have Indra's chakra.

Regardless, with root this bitter orphan is probably better as a later game antagonist.

2: In canon, the sound village consisted mostly of outcasts that came to Orochimaru becuase they either had nowhere else to go or becuase he happened to find them and emotionally manipulated them into coming to him and, even including filler, all of them were used in his experiments to some degree or another.

It's most probable that Sakon and Ukon's clan or village was wiped out in canon and Orochimaru found them becuase that's kind of his thing.

If they're not in the Sound village than it's probable that they're either part of a minor village or their clan operates independently from the villages. If I do them then I'm most likely gonna do them as an antagonist.

3: I'm thinking that Men-Ko can be introduced with a D-rank mission to track down a serial dine-and-dasher whose been using genjutsu to sneak out without paying and to make the proprietors unable to identify her.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

1: apparently, double-checking, it's not "Uchiha and Senju" but specifically combining a fully mature Sharingan with the chakra of Ashura and Indra. This means that 1:The child of a Senju and an Uchiha is probably just a regular Uchiha and 2: Orochimaru would have been SOL if he'd actually managed to take Itachi's body for his own becuase Itachi didn't have Indra's chakra.
    since you seems et on this....

The Ninshuuist religion regards Indra and Asura reincarnating as The Indra Heresy, and my plans were that Madara and Hashirama being allies and friends as ending their cycle of reincarnation due to the lower power level and lack of blasty dbz fights that Igor wanted, so if you want to hold strictly to canon in this....well if it isn't impossible, then its wildly improbable if they are still around- for one I'm not going to let you create any character that is confirmed to have Indra or Asura's chakra at character creation, those are auto-disapproved. to find those two chakras is to search for two ninja among potentially the entire nations, with no guarantee that they have yet reincarnated at all within your lifetime.

assuming you even have the means to discern such chakra from the many ninja among them, since all ninja re descended from one or the other, any argument that they can only reincarnate in their descendants is null aside from maybe the Hyuuga, possibly the Kaguya clan depending on whether one thinks their name means they're descended from her directly through some third child that wasn't Hamamura or Hagoromo. but then again its possible that given the vast number of shinobi can mean the both clans probably have their blood mixed so that both Hyuuga and Kaguya would have potential to be reincarnations as well anyways.

so if you want to be strict about it....good luck finding a needle in a haystack as no one even considered Sasuke or Naruto to hold them, if you can figure if its even possible, given the secrecy and high level of chakra and ancient people long dead involved. people who have been choosing reincarnations for who knows how long to fight each other over their vision for the world, one choosing for power, the other for compassion. and no you can't say Indra always chooses Uchiha, these two are at war and being too predictable can mean defeat- for example, Indra could've found it more advantageous to reincarnate in a clan that at the time was more powerful than the Uchiha and could thus do things to secure the entire clans cooperation rather than have just one. two figures that are legend to myth to most people.

well unless I guess you somehow figure out how to get any chakra from remains of Hashirama and madara's corpses, assuming they aren't completely decomposed into dirt by now.

just....a lot of factors that make this something you cannot finagle into being easy or simple, or scheduled.

thankfully I prepared Shinjutsu for this (if you don't know what that this, thats what we decided to call what that religious guy does when he calls upon the power of Jashin- its a jutsu that calls upon the power of a spirit or god, other exmaples being Kamuy of Ainu folklore and Kami like Amaterasu or Susanoo):

Shinjutsu: Sage of the Six Paths
    This ritual is kind of here to use as a more logical way of including the Sage of the Six Paths in a less powerful manner and without needing specific bloodlines or reincarnations. Basically its a ritual to contact his spirit and receive some of his power and/or teachings. Probably to give you Ninshuu more than anything else.

Shinjutsu: Kaguya Otsutsuki
    This ritual is just here to be more a logical way of including her as a sleeping contained evil without needing Zetsu or other such nonsense. Basically its a ritual to contact her and receive a fragment of her power in return for following her directions to help resurrect her into the world or otherwise help her. Actually resurrecting her works as normal: gathering all the tailed beasts, putting them back into the Gedo Mazo to make the Juubi then revive Kaguya in full.

yes they're both powerful enough to count as godlike or spiritlike. making a deal with either for something like the rinnegan isn't something you do lightly though, you either have to follow alien grandpa buddha's teachings or help crazy alien rabbit empress advance her goals. alternatively there is probably shinjutsu for Indra and Asura, but they have similar conditions. of course, figuring out how to contact these spirits at all is a plot based thing and will be late game to make sure the current level of power remains low and slow as Igor wishes.

26. - Top - End - #206

...I was just making a comment on a mistake I'd made earlier in the thread.

Senko doesn't believe that the Rinnegan is real and I've already said that I'd prefer the Byakugan or Ketsuyagan if I were to have her gain a dojutsu through gene splicing.

The only way I'd give her the Rinnegan is if we did the "give the power of each path to a still-living person to connect to them" thing I made a one-off mention of.

Another mistake I made: Madara's Rinnegan didn't show up until very near the end of his life, decades after he gave himself Hashirama's DNA and chakra. Even if Senko snuck into the Konoha cemetery, made off with the bodies of Madara and Hashirama, and managed to graft their DNA and chakra to herself, her developing the Rinnegan would be way out of the scope of this game unless we did a major freaking time skip.

Unless using the DNA and Chakra of someone who already had Eternal Mangekyo let her skip the normal development and later transplant phase, it'd be no different from an ordinary Sharingan that she could have gotten from anyone. And we honestly don't know which of Madara's powers, other than his Susanoo, came from his Mangekyo so even if it did it wouldn't be meaningfully better than a regular Sharingan unless we made stuff up or arbitrarily singled out specific rinnegan powers and said tha they're his Mangekyo powers.

The only tangible benefit to taking them both would be to give Senko Six Paths Chakra without having to take all in the chakra of all nine of the Tailed Beasts first, and literally all Six Paths Chakra does by itself is make your Jutsu stronger to an unknown degree.

(Is it weird that Orochimaru and later Kabuto seemingly managed to get away with so much grave robbery bugs me? I mean, in the Wave arc they make a whole big deal about how part of being a hunter ninja is retrieving and destroying a ninja's body more or less specifically so things like that don't happen. You'd think there'd be a periodic grave-check for the bodies of powerful ninja.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #207

I would like an opinion on introducing Men-Ko as a serial dine-and-dasher who team 3 and Senko are dispatched to track down.

I've also got a technique that I'd like Senko to develop eventually

Sage Transformation: Mutagenic Injection. B-Rank technique, someone with the Sage Transformation bloodline can produce an extension comparable to a hypodermic needle and a fluid sack containing a solution of plasma and free-floating stem-cells that is charged with chakra which can then be injected into another subject. The fluid, cells, and chakra match the DNA and nature of the Sage Transfmroation user... Unless they've been spliced with cells or chakra from another source, in which case it can match anyone, such individual. Injecting the cell and chakra infused fluid into a living subjected causes the cells to begin to merge with the subject and alter their DNA and chakra with a survival rate dependant on a number of factors up to and including the subject's compatibility with certain senjutsu based modifications(someone who, for example, already has a curse mark will probably be fine) and is higher for stronger subjects.

The idea is that it's something that Senko develops as part of her research in transplanting and modifying Chakra natures and bloodlines that bypasses the need for samples. For example, if Senko were to gain the Uzumaki Clan's longevity or Hashirama's healing factor, she could splice one or both into a compatible member of the Kaguya Clan using this technique, then reabsorb that Kaguya's DNA and use it to grant the trait to the rest of the clan in order to provide a counter to their issue with health.

Or absorb bloodlines or other traits and then give them to comrades whose abilities would be complemented by it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Ok
    About Menko. Sound like an intresting concept. I guess we should devolp more the summoned animal mythos.
    Though, only now I realize,that my headcannon is...
    A headcannon.
    To be fair, when I have watched/read Naruto, I didn't had anyone to discuss it with, so I never thought you could understand it diffrently.
    And now I understand, not only there are other ways to understand stuff, it also that I was plain wrong.
    Erg.
    Akward. But typical of me.

Well, as I understood it, summoned animals are spirits. Yokais or something like that.
    They have their own dimension, with their own politics, even if alien to humans's ones.
    Sort of like demons in d&d, but well.. magical japanese animals instead.
    I also understood, that there are rivalries between certain kind of animals.

About origin, I figured, that as spirits they have means of transfering between dimensions, and sometimes in ancient times, ninjas have started pacts with them.
    To be honest Usagi's whole concept was.
    "Was if you screw it up, and summon yourself to their dimension instead? What it goes really wrong, and you tear yourself and loved onea to pieces?"

About Ottokagure, I tried to capture the feel of it, and go one generation forward.
    I wanted something parallel to the Sanins, but not as powerful, so there are the thee Thunders.
    We can have Five Of Sound. Maybe Jirou make such an unit, maybe they were the guards of the First Ottokage, maybe they exist.
    There are some factions already, like the Broken Record Club
    But maybe I got things very wrong. Too wrong.
    Urp.

About Kid..... Eh.... I guess it make sense.
    Don't like it,but I can work with it.

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Igor, you've done nothing wrong. Stop saying you did.

We've already made that dimensions our canon, we can't even change it to "real canon" if we wanted to, because it'd be inconsistent with ourselves at this point. Rater knows that, I know that, don't worry about it. geez.

its not even about interpretation, its the fact that Rater has read the manga that explains all this better than the anime which often has to gloss over the facts for animation. even I didn't know this stuff. don't beat yourself up about wanting to do things differently. just get used to this Igor, Rater just points this kind of thing out endlessly, thats just what he seems to do naturally for conversation or something because we're people interested in the same topic. as long as you provide your reasons why you want to change things he'll understand and does understand. its nothing to get worried over. this is all a work in progress, so don't feel bad, its good the way it is.

anyways, I myself do not particularly care for posting the most important plans I have for Kimiko this early. I much prefer that we actually get through the current mission so that they became relevant at all. however I do plan on getting Yuyuyu to try and learn some invisibility jutsu or genjutsu at some point, on top of various other genjutsu as well as become more connected with people around her in "web of informants and allies" sort of way. while for Jirou, I basically plan on him defeating Mitsuko in a duel to become clan leader while for Kikenna in her marriage to Jirou to become kind of a mentor for Kimiko as Kikenna has really radical, critical views about the shinobi world in general, which Jirou will use to balance out being taught by Nozojo and his own, passive obedient viewpoint. well Mitsuko....well lets just say she'll be still be important, just not in the same way.

30. - Top - End - #210

Yeah. You've done nothing wrong, I'm just a huge nerd. I've been doing a lot of research on the parts of cannon that are most relevant for Senko and I asked about the difference because I was curious as to the reasoning.

*hugs*

@Raz: I don't know if this is your intent but Kimmiko's Mom kind of gives me the kind of vibe you get from a particularly bad stage mother: A Narcissist living vicariously through her kid with no regards for the kids well being.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-04-06 at 06:46 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks