New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Sound ITP OOC 1

On Gelel Stone:
    the fact that it can apparently also take out a continent or something means its on par with the Kyuubi in terms of ridiculous strength. thing is, if its a chunk of Yang Release, that raises the question if there are stones with other releases, like is there at least a Yin Stone that causes Tsukuyomi like effects? are there fire, water, air and lightning and.....earth stones that can do similar stuff?

and they're mined from the earth.....oh god, are Gelel stones Naruto's version of Materia? we're one ridiculously powerful mega-corp away from recreating FF7, then all we need to do is take Kaguya's DNA from her conveniently well-preserved corpse and make ninja Sephiroth.

On Bargain Bin Ice Jutsu:
    well if water ninjas can use pre-existing ice, plus the fact that Naruto's home life shows that modern refrigeration exists, that means that what Water users can do expands a little if they know how to exploit that: make a freezer to produce ice, then put that ice in storage scrolls, then you can shape the ice using water release for various things. I could see a lot of Land-based water users pulling that trick.

also: Poisons and Drugs in the Naruto world. thats one of the things Naruto doesn't focus on because of it being shonen, they were only important in one fight I can remember: Jiraiya being drugged by Tsunade with the fight with Orochimaru to make sure all three Sannin had some impaiment holding them back. I'm thinking that a poison affects everyone equally but its rating is on its obscurity and deadliness, lower rating its more common and less deadly meaning medic nin know how to cure it easier, and the higher ratings are more obscure and deadly. though I guess it can also affect how detectable the poison is? the lowest rank poison of course, is the D-Rank: alcohol.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    On Gelel Stone:
    the fact that it can apparently also take out a continent or something means its on par with the Kyuubi in terms of ridiculous strength. thing is, if its a chunk of Yang Release, that raises the question if there are stones with other releases, like is there at least a Yin Stone that causes Tsukuyomi like effects? are there fire, water, air and lightning and.....earth stones that can do similar stuff?

and they're mined from the earth.....oh god, are Gelel stones Naruto's version of Materia? we're one ridiculously powerful mega-corp away from recreating FF7, then all we need to do is take Kaguya's DNA from her conveniently well-preserved corpse and make ninja Sephiroth.
    It could also be natural energy, or just a mineral that happens to be alive: The comparison to Yang Release is becuase Yang Release is deliberately focusing on the "vital physical energy" aspect of chakra and Gelel is said to be life-force.

I've made a similar theory about the Genryu from Dragon Blade Chronicles(which I think got missed becuase it was an edit), which are dragons whose power rivals the Tailed Beasts... But are for the most part treated as base animals or mindless beasts with pretty basic elemental powers and their chakra apparently gives life to the land when they're at peace, plus their combined form the "Light" Dragon is treated as Non-Elemental and uses lasers(Bonus, the Anime Dub translates "Yin and Yang" as "Shadow and Light" and we know that Yin can manipulate shadow so Yang should be able to manipulate light.)

On Bargain Bin Ice Jutsu:
    well if water ninjas can use pre-existing ice, plus the fact that Naruto's home life shows that modern refrigeration exists, that means that what Water users can do expands a little if they know how to exploit that: make a freezer to produce ice, then put that ice in storage scrolls, then you can shape the ice using water release for various things. I could see a lot of Land-based water users pulling that trick.
    Yeah. Use the right kinds of storage seals and ou might even be able to create a portable device that stores water and converts it to ice and snow but that's more along the lines of a scientific ninja tool.

also: Poisons and Drugs in the Naruto world. thats one of the things Naruto doesn't focus on because of it being shonen, they were only important in one fight I can remember: Jiraiya being drugged by Tsunade with the fight with Orochimaru to make sure all three Sannin had some impaiment holding them back. I'm thinking that a poison affects everyone equally but its rating is on its obscurity and deadliness, lower rating its more common and less deadly meaning medic nin know how to cure it easier, and the higher ratings are more obscure and deadly. though I guess it can also affect how detectable the poison is? the lowest rank poison of course, is the D-Rank: alcohol.
    Makes sense, though it is noted that Ninja do make special "ninja" drugs like food pills and the Akamichi's chakra pills and so on.

I even suggested Senko making two "ninja drugs:" One derived from her bodies enzymes that passive charges with natural energy and could be used either as a "we are screwed so I'm gonna deliberately trigger my going berserk" thing or an assassination tool(turn people to stone) and a pill taken regularly that would help cultivate and integrate foreign chakras at a slow rate, though again that was in an edit so it might have gotten missed.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

1. living rocks. must be a silicon based life form and just moves on a geographic scale then. all possibilities, question is should we include Gelel stone at all given how relatively out there it is. like its existence and power warrants an
    S-Class mission as per my ranking system, simply because it does something out of place with the rest of the ninja world and could be used by one ninja nation to gain an edge over another if they got their hands on it much like a tailed beast. so if we do it, it has to be an S-Class mission/turn into one.
    (for reference other movies would be:
    The Last: S-Rank
    Land of Snow: A-Rank
    Lost Tower: S-Rank
    Road to Ninja: S-Rank, simply because the Mangekyo Sharingan is an S-Rank ability in any form
    Dragon Blade: S-Rank since it deals with things on par with Bijuu)

2. dragon blade chronicles, did miss and sorry I only know it as that horrible game that TFS once played, kind of taints it when you have them rightfully pointing out all the mechanical and narrative problems with it.

3. oh right, drugs the enhance stuff, those exist to. forgot. but they probably should have downsides for enhancing stuff without chakra, like a pill to enhance your taijutsu NOW like, makes you crash hard later or something. messing with the chemical balance of your body can have side effects like that.

4. - Top - End - #244

1: Gelel, it seems like it's only the massive vein of it that powerful and it is kind of on an entirely different continent. Otherwise, it just seems like it grants a healing factor, extended longevity, and power comparable to a ninja.

2: I think the concept works even if the execution is trash.

3: Yeah, that makes sense.

With my first proposed drug, the drawback is the same as the intended effect: Senko i injecting someone with enough natural energy o trigger a transformation into her corrupted "Sage Beast" form, either to deliberately enter the form or to turn someone to stone. Using it on herself... Well, she's only going to do that if there's a worse alternative. On others, there's always the possibility that they have a strong enough body, enough raw power, or good enough chakra control to avoid being overwhelmed by it and now she's started an enemy down the path of Senjutsu.

With the other, it's mostly a supplemental thing: Take by mouth once a day and X will happen. A means of slowly building up power, within reason, slightly faster than normal and artificially increasing your "upper limits." The drawback is that it's slow to work.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

1. hm, well lets think about it a bit, we only have one movie to go on, one that I haven't seen, so....probably should be careful about what we make possible with it, when and where to introduce if it all, how much of the stone grants how much power, and so on. I'm not entirely sure if we should introduce it, but I'll keep it in mind. also thought: perhaps its a Naruto interpretaton of the philosophers stone? it does grant immortality after all.

Pills: both are reasonable.

also, I edited my latest post in the DBitp OOC thread Rater, to speak with you about something there.

6. - Top - End - #246

1: It seems to be more of a naturally occurring substance than something you need to create, but it's possible.

If we do use it, exploring other continents is so far off that it might as well wait until at least one of our main PCs is a Jonin and/or old enough to mostly just do what we want.

There's other stuff that we can explore till then.

Honestly, I think that the Philosopher's stone is a bit too "western Alchemy" for the Naruto World. Alchemy appears thematically, but it's a bit more based on Chinese alchemy and Taoism: "Sennin" means Sage, but is mostly used to refer to Toaist Sages. Sage Mode is based loosely on the concept of balancing one's own Qi with that of the world in order to gain immortality(Naruto even gains it by training on a Mountain, a preferred place for Taoists in pursuit of immortality due to the belief that the world's Qi was created there before flowing down to the rest of the world) and in Naruto the key to true immortality or divinity seems to be combining the right physical and metaphysical substances within yourself(which, more often than not, includes Senjutsu) rather than creating something external to yourself.

2: I'm thinking that instead of th previously planned opening, the next mission would open with Senko alone being at Team 3's meeting place and with a scroll and saying that Jirou told her to give the scroll to Odayama with the scroll containing the details of her on-and-off assignment to the team and the "pre-selected" mission. WhetherJirou shows up in person is up to you.

A little less toe-steppy than the previous plan, should work better.

Trivia.

Senko probably refers to Jirou as "Sensei," but is using it to mean "doctor" or "professor" rather than "master." A term of respect rather than subordination to a mentor.

Since this is the Sound Village and music is important... Senko likes hard rock.

Her hobby is research. ("It's business and pleasure")

Her favorite food is teriyaki ramen, though she's also partial to wild deer(an acquired taste,) her least favorite food is plain white rice.

She most wants to fight the masters of Senjutsu who might be testing those who come seeking their knowledge.

She likes feeling the ground beneath her feet and the sun, wind, or rain on her skin.

In the event that I can't give her the Byakugan and/or it starts making more sense to go after Rinnegan instead(if she learns proof of its existence,) she probably wouldn't spend much time focusing on the advanced abilities of it.
    "Wait, you're telling me that it makes learning Jutsu easier and gives you a strong affinity to all six basic types of transformation?"

"Yes but it also..."

"Who cares about what else it does? Why would I waste my time learning how to make a moon when I could spend that time improving my Senjutsu or refining my chakra?"
    My logic for wanting Senko to eventually gain Lava, Scorch, Ice, Storm, and Wood Release is that they seem most "on-brand" for her. She wants to use science to better understand and connect to nature and... Well, Wood, Ice, Storm, and Scorch cover all-natural weather phenomena and biomes while Lava is the flesh and blood of the Earth.

Anyway, Igor we're waiting on you again.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #247

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    In the event that I can't give her the Byakugan and/or it starts making more sense to go after Rinnegan instead(if she learns proof of its existence,) she probably wouldn't spend much time focusing on the advanced abilities of it.
    Actually... I'm gonna admit it, the Sharingan is too tempting so...

I'm gonna set some stuff out in advance.

1: The "Curse of Hatred" is the term that Tobirama uses to refer to the fact that same traits responsible for the Sharingan mean that Uchiha feel emotions far more strongly than the average person and are prone to mental instability. This would not play well with Senko's bloodline's berserk rages and cost her a lot of progress in maintaining control over her emotions.

2: I don't know why, but in my head, it makes the most sense to me that the Sharingan would passively drain normal chakra before it drains senjutsu chakra, so since the Sharignan is very chakra intensive using it for a prolonged amount of time would put Senko at risk of going berserk.

3: Since Senko is grafting Chakra as much as DNA, and the Mangekyo has a specific chakra, taking DNa from someone who specifically has Mangekyo would make it easier to learn it... But at bear minimum, she'd need to already have it fully mature and then have a really crappy day. It's not something that Senko would deliberately pursue without a really good reason.

4: It makes sense that taking the Chakra of someone with Eternal Magnekyo would make for an automatic Eternal Mangekyo, but at the same time that feels way to easy.

5: Based on Shin Uchiha's example, grafting Uchiha DNA to someone seems to give a unique Mangekyo, not the specific one of the person who the DNA came from.

6: Based on the example of the Urashiki Ōtsutsuki, combined with the WoG about what happens if an Uchiha and a Hyuga have a kid, it is not possible to have two different Dojutsu active in the same eye at the same time. If Senko grafts herself with multiple Dojutsu, she'd have to switch them out.

7: If Senko gives herself the Sharingan and unlocks Mangekyo, her left eye technique will be a "chakra mode" aura based on nature transformation(basic only, only able to use one element at a time,) while her right eye will grant the ability to elevate an element to a higher form after it's molded. By itself is just makes elemental release Ninjutsu stronger but once Senko masters a form of NAture transformation it gets upgraded to the bigger from: After mastering Wind Release, she gets to use Gale Release. Master Lighting, she gets to use Black Lightning. Master Fire Release, get to use Blaze Release, and so on. (We need to decide whether it's Crystal or Steel Release that's the perfected form of earth release) I think that this works best with her nature as being primarily a Taijutsu fighter and her nature theme, while also making sure that she doesn't get anything super broken too fast. Her Sunanoo, if she ever developed it, would probably be themed about channeling the elements into melee attacks.

8: I intend for Senko to train with the snakes. Snake style senjutsu comes with the Power of the White Snake, which grants a degree of self rejuvenation: It grants a healing factor and Orochimaru's "use snakes to reattach severed body parts," "puke up an exact duplicate of myself while leaving my damaged body behind as a hollowed-out skin," and "assume my true form and then merge with a random sucker to absorb their soul and extend my life" techniques are all built up around that. Based on Madara's example, a sufficient healing factor(in his case, Hashirama's) can undo even the otherwise permanent blindness of Izanagi and Izanami(note that Madara's left eye eventually opened back up and seems to work fine.) Since we don't know how strong White Snake Power's base healing factor is, I'm going to make an executive decision: It can reverse Mangekyo eye damage, but not fast enough to matter in the heat of the moment and if Senko goes blind in either or both eyes from it she's going to need extended dedicated rest to get her vision functional again, let alone back to perfect. It cannot undo the damage from Izanami or Izanagi at a reasonable rate, the eye would be nonfunctional for years if not permanently as normal. Additional healing factors might change this, but passive healing factors are rare and active ones tend to have drawbacks..

9: I was wrong: Doing more research, you can get the Rinnegan from just Senju DNA and Uchiha DNA. The reason that Madara's eyes crumbled away when he was resurrected is becuase those were an artificial Rinnegan that Kubuto created and grafted o the resurrected Madara. However, this artificial Rinnegan is weaker than the real thing, which is why Madara sacrificed it in favor of his real eyes. The true Rinnegan requires the Chakras of Ashura and Indra, and based on this Hashirama's corpse does not still have Ashura's chakra, so it is not possible for Senko to get the true Rinnegan as, per your statement, Hashirama DNA Madara reconciling means that the two of them have stepped reincarnating in this timeline. Not unless she gets the chakra from The Sage's ghost directly and... why would he do that?

10: As Senko has never had the Rinnegan, does not have the chakra of either of the sage's sons and so on, and is not naturally an Uchiha or Senju, if she gained the Rinnegan it would be much weaker than demonstrated in canon. Probably just the passive benefits and the basic most applications of the six paths.

11: As Senko does not believe in the Rinnegan, she would not deliberately seek it out but rather would acquire it by accident because she wanted to give herself something that the Senju or Uzumaki have. She would need Eternal Mangekyo before it activated.

Does that work? Or is that still too much?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Well see here is my problem with the True Rinnegan:

It makes absolutely no sense.

Because why, in the name of alien rabbit super-buddha's left horn, would obtaining it be so dependent on getting two specific souls out of potentially millions, maybe ten of thousands if we assume that the two pick ninjas every time, when neither of them ever had the rinnegan themselves? nothing about these people make them special enough to warrant this much importance aside from needing an explanation for Naruto and Sasuke suddenly getting a free power boost to face Madara and Kaguya, and them being sons of super-buddha who became ninja cain and abel. which while thematically relevant, isn't much of metaphysical explanation for their importance.

and why, would suddenly the distinction between a true or false rinnegan matter when if you can obtain the DNA and get it anyways, why would it be weaker? if Senju and Uchiha are their descendants and genetically similar enough to produce it, and thus produce the required chakra, what is actually missing from the equation? what makes Indra/Asura brand Rinnegan the only one worth going after? its stupid fated destiny bull to me. because the whole thing around that was awfully convenient: Naruto having the soul, Sasuke having the other one, Sage showing up in time to give the power up? kind of blatant.

so my thought process was at time, that since you weren't playing, that we could just say they weren't reincarnating so rinnegan wouldn't be a problem, and if we ever wanted to get it anyways, well Uchiha and Senju DNA are right there, just throw out the True Rinnegan nonsense and it can happen. no need to worry. but now your here to care about those little details so its like:
    unless your insistent about reversing the thing about them not reincarnating because it hasn't been stated in character (its not as if there is any character can state such a thing for certain after all, this is pretty high level metaphysical stuff that no one knows about) which probably leads to us trying to find those reincarnations to get them and probably doing something to get their power, or just luckily have Kimiko be the Indra reincarnation and someone sufficiently idealistic, happy and messianic to be the Asura. its not as if Kimiko's mindset is all that far off from canon Indra's use of jutsu to solve his problems after all....

...I don't see why we have to make the distinction and just use the DNA method while ignoring the true rinnegan strength nonsense. because that can be hard enough due to the all to down-to-earth problems around you. that and I'd rather make current characters important, not long dead idiot souls with a pointless rivalry that no one cares about. the story of Naruto proper was already told in Naruto, we don't need to repeat it.

like what rinnegan are you comparing yourself to? what second rinnegan would be out there to make it matter? there would be none except probably Kimiko's, who'd probably get it by the same method. having the rinnegan at all is something very unique and powerful, an S-Class ability by the dint of its very existence (at least when mastered), just like the Mangekyo. there is no higher rank than that, especially in a game like this.

9. - Top - End - #249

To explain why Asura and Indra are important: The Rinnegan is not a natural power. It is a power gained by the Ōtsutsuki clan when they consume the Fruit of a God Tree and become Divine Beings. Except in Kaguya's case, becuase she ate the whole thing instead of bringing it back to their family to be made into the cinnabar elixir(incidentally, elixirs made of cinnabar were another method by which Taoists pursued immortality,) so she gets the much stronger Rinne Sharingan.

It's basically a mark of Divinity, you become a God by consuming the God Tree's fruit: In the databook, the Sage of the Six's paths eyes are listed as a Kekkei Mora rather than a Kekkei Genkai.

The Sage of the Six Paths inherited this power in a diluted form from his mother, giving him his Rinnegan, and Ashura and Indra each inherited half of this power from him. Indra the eyes and Yin and Ashura the chakra and Yang.

The divinity, it seems, is in their chakra and is diluted too heavily in their Descendents in later generations. Recombining their bloodlines allows for the Sharingan to be evolved into the Rinnegan, but this is only the physical eye, not the divinity, so it's weaker: Madara was not able to cast the Infinite Tsukuyomi or even use the most advanced powers of his Rinnegan with the fake eyes that Kabuto equipped him with.

Recombining their chakra will replicate the "Six Paths Power," which is to say, their father's divinity, which combined with a fully powered Sharingan will recreate his specific Rinnegan. It should be noted that the other Ōtsutsuki have Rinnegan that do different things. Momoshiki's let him absorb techniques and send them back strong as well as turn people into pills that he could eat to rejuvenate himself and gain their powers. Momoshiki's lets him warp space, reverse time for a few seconds, and gives him a flamboyant version of the substitution Jutsu.

When I say that Senko's would be an "artificial one" that's weaker than the real one, based on canon, I mean that she wouldn't be able to do all of the extreme bull-crap from late in the series that we're looking to avoid. No summoning meteors or the like. If necessary, I can say that the imperfect, ad-hock mixture is tainted by the traits of other bloodlines she grafted herself with so her Rinnegan has completely different powers and can't access the Six PAths at all. (In which case it will probably be amber instead of lavender.)

If you want to reverse the non-reincarnations thing, that's fine, but I was just saying that it means that we can use the Rinnegan without getting too overpowered becuase it's canon that not having the Sage's power of the combined power of his sons canonically makes it weaker.

(The irony being that, if you do reverse the reincarnations and make Kimiko the inheritor of Indra's chakra, that would mean that at some point her Uchiha hating clan would have had to have interbred with the Uchihas.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, but it doesn't matter if its weaker or not. we don't have a rank to distinguish a stronger Rinnegan than the one we'd get and don't plan to introduce another rinnegan that is stronger, because there is no rank stronger. if we're talking about facing Otsutsukis then we'd probably already be outside of the game's intended scope.

but really, there are different types of rinnegan? that is just as frustrating as mangekyo sharingan. if there is no consistency, we might as well just make stuff up to get a custom rinnegan for what we need anyways. its not as if I'm going to hold to canonical mangekyo either, since I'd argue that Kamui and Kotoamatsukami are too powerful to allow, at least not without nerfs, and I have my own mangekyo ability planned.

also define "advanced abilities" of the rinnegan as opposed to "normal abilities", Six Paths rinnegan by itself is very advanced compared to everything else.

11. - Top - End - #251

Off the top of my head: Only having the Outer Path's powers, Black Receivers and power over life and death, with the second one watered down to being better at medical Jutsu and reincarnation techniques than otherwise due to it being an incomplete replica. She either can't get the other powers or has to go through special effort to unlock the Six Paths. Things like Limbo Border Jail are flat out impossible for her.

Another option is that the "active" paths(Deva, Animal, and Preta) only have their basic abilities(Push and Pull, summoning without blood or hand signs, and basic chakra absorption) and not their bigger flashier powers(mini-moons and summoned meteors, giant monsters that are an extension of yourself, and the barrier that negates all Ninjutsu,) the King of Hell refuses to use it's full power on her behalf becuase she's not the "real" Sage(so tongue ripping is merely painful, not fatal, and she can't use it to raise the dead,) Human Path can only read minds, and not perfectly, not rip out souls, and Ashura Path has fewer missiles and no canons(or maybe takes advantage of her extant powers instead of the machinery.) In which case she only has Black Receivers, not the Outerpath's powers over life and death.

Another is that she has the full power... But because of some flaw in her recreation, she can't use them by herself and has to imbue each path into a separate, willing person using Ninshu to create a permanent connection between them(meaning she needs to learn Ninshu) as a variation on the Six Paths of Pain... With the caveat that each individual is their own person with free will

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Another option is that the "active" paths(Deva, Animal, and Preta) only have their basic abilities(Push and Pull, summoning without blood or hand signs, and basic chakra absorption) and not their bigger flashier powers(mini-moons and summoned meteors, giant monsters that are an extension of yourself, and the barrier that negates all Ninjutsu,) the King of Hell refuses to use it's full power on her behalf becuase she's not the "real" Sage(so tongue ripping is merely painful, not fatal, and she can't use it to raise the dead,) Human Path can only read minds, and not perfectly, not rip out souls, and Ashura Path has fewer missiles and no canons(or maybe takes advantage of her extant powers instead of the machinery.) In which case she only has Black Receivers, not the Outerpath's powers over life and death.
    I mean thats a good plan or at least a start, and I can see why the other are undesirable, but not my point. let me reword:

why does the phrase "This is not the True Rinnegan" need to be said?

why do we have to bring this sentence up and make it apart of the canon this roleplay?

because in most cases, the phrase doesn't mean anything. the flashier stuff can simply be a myth. the sealing of the ten tails can simply be that and the moon need not be its leftover body. for all anyone knows, the rinnegan they obtain IS the real one and whatever powers it has, is the power it always did have and the stuff that it doesn't, are probably just a myth someone made up. the only way I can think of anyone knowing its NOT the real rinnegan is if someone like Zetsu or Hagoromo's ghost outright tells them, and those are old rare beings that no one knows exists. so whats so important about making it important to state there is another kind of rinnegan out there at all? what purpose does complicating this serve?

because all it will do, is convince Kimiko that there is yet more she needs to obtain. that the rinnegan she currently has is just a stepping stone to another. to be fair, her quest for all jutsu probably won't be ended by the end of the roleplay either, but still why does this need to be a thing? I need a reason beyond "well its canon". because this is one of the things that if included at all even slightly, could derail things or overcomplicate something that didn't need to be. we could just y'know, have the rinnegan. and that this rinnegan is just nerfed in this canon because we're a different canon. nothing more needs to be done, and its simpler and less problematic. including the phrase "This is not the True Rinnegan." is a complication.

how does this complication provide benefit?

13. - Top - End - #253

why does the phrase "This is not the True Rinnegan" need to be said?

why do we have to bring this sentence up and make it apart of the canon this roleplay?
    It doesn't need to be said.

However, it's a built in explanation for why a hypothetical Rinnegan that one of our PCs develops is not overpowered the way the one in canon is without having to make something up or change the backstory in ways that don't necessarily flow from the point of deviation.

It's Naruto canon that "recreating the rinnegan by combining the Sharingan with the DNA of a Senju makes a weaker one than by merging the Chakra of Ashura and Indra" so it's a ready-built explanation for why Senko's or Kimiko's or whoever else gets it isn't able to do the kind of stuff that makes tactics stop mattering.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Raziere...
    I am actually not sure how to Usagi should lose.
    Just fall on a trap?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

15. - Top - End - #255

hanging the subject a little: Missing Nin from Sand Village as mid-game antagonist. A bit like Sasori, but pathologically agoraphobic in addition to deserving immortality as a living puppet. Instead of hundreds of puppets, they have a single armor puppet made from several different defeated ninja while using fuinjutsu to make it bigger on the inside and store human-puppets that serve as modular weapons.

By the time they show up, the PCs are decently well known and are being targetted by the missing-nin to be incorporated into their "sanctuary."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Raziere...
    I am actually not sure how to Usagi should lose.
    Just fall on a trap?
    If thats all you can come up with.....yes. a humiliating anti-climactic defeat might actually hammer the lesson home more.

come on post, times a wastin'. we don't have forever, Igor. lets just this get this done.

@ Rater:
    rinnegan: Just.......okay whatever, you clearly don't understand and its good enough.

on puppet missing nin: sure. fits with something I've already had planned regarding Sand.

17. - Top - End - #257

@ Rater:
    rinnegan: Just.......okay whatever, you clearly don't understand and its good enough.
    No, I get what you mean I...

I'm sorry. I'm bad at explaining myself.

The terms "true Rinnegan" and "False Rinnegan" never need to come up in the dialog. Even if Zetsu or The Sage showed up for whatever reasons... The Sage probably wouldn't care and Zetsu would probably be less focused on that the Rinnegan isn't "real" and more on how it isn't strong enough for his purposes and they'd need some way of making it stronger. Assuming that Zetsu didn't

I'm just saying, part of this game is that w don't want things too overpowered? There is an inbuilt reason that the Rinnegan can be used without it being overpowered. No need to make something up to justify it or say that things from canon that we don't want to dwell on aren't real.

I don't know, from where I'm sitting it feels less complicated to just use the inbuilt canon explanation rather than make something up.

I wasn't expecting you to focus on that so much. I was just saying "this thing from canon justifies the Rinnegan not being as powerful here, since we've already established that the thing needed for the strong version isn't in play."

Sorry.

Look: "true" Rinnegan or not, actually developing the ability is so far off that... Like, first we'd need to actually get the Sharingan for our characters, then we'd need DNA/Chakra from the Senju clan, then we'd need to fully develop the Sharingan, then get Mangekyo, fully develop that, then get Eternal Mangekyo(which, if Kimiko and Senko both go after it, I guess them swapping eyes is the most efficient way of doing that?) And then... Honestly, we don't know what it takes to evolve Eternal Mangekyo into the Rinnegan. All we know is that it took Madara decades.

It is so far off that we will probably change our minds on how it works several times over on how it works by then.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-04-17 at 04:05 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

okay. I understand what your saying.

my personal reasoning is thus:

technically every rinnegan we see is artificial to a degree, at least to me point of view.
    -Madara's is a replication of the original
    -Kabuto's is a DNA one
    -both rinne-sharingan and Six paths rinnegan are made from a tree made to absorb stuff from a planet for some purpose we don't yet know by an alien race. that big world tree is just a big energy harvesting tool to convert to a fruit.

it makes me suspect that the entire rinnegan/sharingan/byakugan thing is just highly advanced genetic and chakra manipulation that Otsutsuki made to do.....stuff. and that they're some alien civilization abusing less advanced races for their own ends whatever those are. there is no "natural" rinnegan, so whats the missing component to replicate the rinnegan in some lesser version? why can't the same chakra be produced again? what actually makes each one unique?

because at least the Mangekyo has a good reason why each one is unique: its based on the trauma and tragedy that you went through to get it. it in some relates to your own unique mental state.

I guess I just look at this very scientifically, so to me if there is a "false" and "True Rinnegan" it has to matter more than just being some minor detail. to me it says that the False Rinnegan isn't a failure, its just a work in progress missing some obscure component to produce the proper chakra even through logically it should not: after all, why is the sharingan and byakugan consistent with their abilities no matter how many generations pass, but not the Rinnegan? why do Indra/Asura have this shard of divinity nonsense, yet the the modern sharingan, byakguan and other bloodlines are sustainable? why didn't the rinnegan just pass on to both sons of Hagoromo? if the other bloodlines are components of the shard-chakra system, why aren't the current bloodlines breaking down and becoming weaker even further because of the limited kinds of chakra available?

it just raises more questions than answers to me, because False Rinnegan was ultimately superfluous to anything that happened, so I don't see why the author felt the need to include it. all the other bloodlines only need the genetics to work, why is rinnegan suddenly different that these other rules apply yet somehow led to bloodlines where they don't apply? what changed to allow the Sharingan to not divide like the rinnegan? why does the division occur at all? why does there need to be multiples of the same eye, with inconsistent effects? if each version is unique, why is it consistently unique? if Kimiko learns this kind of stuff, she'd have the same kind of questions and be just as driven to figure out why.

and the real answer which is "the author really wanted to emphasize how chosen by destiny Sasuke and Naruto is and how no one can ever replicate the rinnegan without being Madara, so screw everyone not Naruto and Sasuke I guess" isn't a good reason to me.

19. - Top - End - #259

This is a universe where the moon is hollow and was created a thousand years ago to hold the corpse of a giant monster that was born when God's Mom fused with a tree becuase she was pissy that her kids were sharing their toys.

Scinece has it's place, but there's a very clear spiritual/metaphysical aspect to it.

he Rinnegan ins't really supposed to be in mortal hands. Kaguya keeping the fruit for herself and having kids with the locals isn't normal(apparently she originally decided that her clan was evil and decided to keep the God Tree's power for herself to protect the Earth from them... But then she went insane from a combination of power-drunkenness and paranoid) so if there's a "true" rinnegan it would be the form that the Outsusuki's gain from drinking the Cinnabar Elixir, since that's basically what they want the god-fruit for.

In this case, it's very much a... Basically, spiritual alchemy is the best way I can explain it. I mean, after Orochimaru's soul was permenealty sealed away in a realm of Drunken Dreams, Sasuke e was able to make an entirely new Orochimaru with all of the memories of the original from a chunk of Kabuto's flesh and a fragment of Orchimaru's soul that got split off like, 20 years ago(and thus, shouldn't have the original's memories.) This copy and the original retreated as being the same person fro all intents and purposes.

The same is true of Kaguya: Combining the Rinnegan, the Ten-Tails, and the chakra of a crap-ton of people in one human recreates Kaguya's chakra signature and allows her to return to life.

(This is why I joke that someone needs to put a stop to Sarada's crush on Bort. Between the two of them they should logically have enough traces of Sage power and tailed beast chakra that their hypothetical offspring would have most of the ingredients needed to form Kaguya once more.)

The Sage's rinnegan is listed as a Kekkei Mora, which means there's something more to it than just DNA. mixing Uchiha and Senju recreates the DNA, but it's the chakra of the Sage(or the combination of the chakra of his sons) that has the something extra needed in spiritual matters.

If it helps, if we take Kabuto at his word the combination of Jugo's sage mode, Snake Style Sage Mode, and the mixture of Kabuto', Orochimaru's, Kimmimaru's, Kidomaru's, Tayuya's, Sakon's and Ukon's, Jirobo's, Karin's, Suigetsu's, and Jugo's chakra natures is pretty close to The Sage's chakra, so it is theoretically possible to recreate that power without those two specific chakras. (He claims to have come closer to the Sage than anyone else, but he doesn't really know about Madara's self modifications.)

Apprently, being the Ten-Tails Jinchuriki(Specifically, having the chakra of the Ten Tails isn't enough) can also grant that power an you keep it if you lose the Ten-Tails.

If I had to give a reason, I'd just say that the divinity that Ashura an Indra inherited from their father was further subdivided over the intervening generations, the same way that they each only inherited half of their father's power. In which case, the "full power" could be replicated by combining the DNA and chakra of multible Uchiha's and Senju instead of just one of each.

As for destiny? That's the thing, there isn't one.

The term "Transmigration" is used to refer to it, but it is not literal Reincarnation. Naruto and Sasuke were not born with Ashura and Indra's chakra. They are not those souls reborn(otherwise, Hashirama and Madara couldn't have been brought back with Impure World Reincarnation because their souls wouldn't have been in the Pure Land.)

They inherited the chakra of Ashura and Indra by being the descendant in the current generation who was most similar to them: Naruto is talented, yes, but like Ashura he didn't inherit the impossible talentedness or special powers of his awesome parents. For years, the only thing special about him was the Nine-Tails, which was a mixed bag at best, and he was only able to achieve his full potential via a combination of making lots of friends and periodically working his ass off. He favors teamwork and cooperation.

Like Indra before him, Sasuke is an egocentric genius prodigy who crazed power above all else and is prone to using a power and brute force to solve the immediate problem. He is manipulated into betraying his friends by schemers who play on his psychological issues.

Madara was much the same as Sasuke, but Hashirama instead has Ashura's blind optimism and willingness to see the good in everyone.

Becuase of this similarity, eventually they inherit the power of their respective ancestors.

Kishimoto included it, basically, to give a reason for Edo Madara to sacrifice being an invincible zombie that instantly recovers from all damage and never runs out of chakra or stamina. If Kabuto's false Rinnegan was as powerful as the "real" one then Madara could have just plopped the Ten-Tails instead his zombie body and cast the Infinite Tsukiyomi before Sasuke even got there and then he would have won.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

then.....then...

if you can get the power by just....being so similar to these guys that you spiritually resemble them enough to like produce it or whatever, then that just means you'd just need to follow a code that brings you spiritually closer to the person in question. you'd just have to have two people very devoted to playing out Indra's and Asura's traits and lives to do it and add in DNA through other means. y'know like how Elder Scrolls has the concept of mantling, but needs genes as well for some reason?

uuuugh. stupid spiritual metaphysical nonsense forcing people into stupid archetypical tropey boxes, I hate it. this is why I wanted to figure out different ways to achieving Kimiko's goal than going down this overly complicated rabbit hole requiring the planets to align to make work as well as y'know maybe come up with something new because I enjoy doing that?

21. - Top - End - #261

And tha'ts fine.

This tangent was started by my saying that the Sharingan was a bit too tempting to not go after after all... But since Senko has already demonstrated an interest in the Uzumaki Clan's vitality and would need the Senju clan to achieve her goal of mastering all forms of Senjutsu.

I was basically just setting up ground rules ahead of time since, well, if she gets what she wants then the Rinnegan is inevitable, and I was using the in-canon logic to prevent things from getting too overpowered.

Honestly, I was mostly focused on how the White Snake power's healing factor interacted with the Mangekyo(enough to undo the damage, but not fast enough to matter) and establishing that Senko's hypothetical Magekyo powers would be relatively basic support techniques instead of something overpowered and nigh-unblockable. The "she'll probably get the Rinnegan but it'll be weaker than Madara's because of these reasons from canon" was mostly an afterthought.

Honestly, in-character Senko would probably dismiss it as a freak mutation caused by an unintended reaction between multiple bloodlines. "No, this is not the Rinnegan. That's just a myth."

I could just as easily say that adding Kaguya Clan DNA to her genome and/or Hyuga to gain the Byakugan(which she wouldn't be able to do use at the same time as Sharingan) makes her count as an Otsusuki when combined with Senju and Uchiha traits so her pursuit of the tailed beasts' chakra later on eventually has the same effect as the cinnabar elixir and gives her her own unique Rinnegan with powers designed to be compatible with the game's power level.

As for deliberately modeling yourself on Indra and Ashura... It might work for Indra but it seems too power-hungry for Ashura. It's also dependant on their chakra not having already attached to someone since the implication is less "being spiritually similar to them makes you generate their power" and more "symbiotic force ghosts."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

and I have my own plans on that sort of thing.

but Igor wanted to be surprised with what I did because I asked if he wanted to. thats why I'm being hesitant to share my plans here.

so.

any further discussion of what I plan to do would like require a PM or something unless your okay with being surprised as well, and you wouldn't be allowed to say what those plans are here.

but we can discuss other things. us discussing our long-winded intricate nonsense out of boredom is the curse Igor just has to endure until they break it by posting in the IC thread. give 'em motivation.

23. - Top - End - #263

Okay: Eternal Magenkyo, it seems, works by combining the chakra in the donor's eyes with the unique chakra of the host. This somehow repairs the damaged eyes.

So, theoretically specifically using the DNA and chakra of someone with Eternal Magnekyo or two separate Mangekyo users, should allow one to bypass the need for a specific transplant.

So... Where do we sit on the logic of whether or not having Eternal Magekyo grants the techniques of the original donor? That Kakashi is able to use Kamui says that transplanting a Mangekyo capable eye gives the technique, as Sasuke's Susanoo takes on some of the traits of Itachi's, but Sasuke is never shown using Tsukuyomi and his Susanoo doesn't gain Itachi's weapons. (and Madara only ever uses Susanoo so we don't know what his Mangekyo powers were before or after.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Lets think about it:
    Kakashi and Danzo aren't an Uchiha, but Madara, Itachi, Sasuke, Shisui and Obito are.

Obito has never been shown to use Susanoo

only Sasuke and Itachi have been shown to use Amaterasu

Tsukuyomi is only used by Itachi, while Infinite Tsukuyomi is useable by Obito, Madara and Kaguya. they're different jutsu.

only Kakashi, Madara and Obito have been shown to use Kamui, and only with Obito's eyes.

Only Sasuke has Blaze Release.

Itachi managed to put Shisui's Kotoamatsukami into a crow. Danzo uses Kotoamatsukami.

lets not think about Madara, since the only example of transfer of his eyeballs we can work with is rinnegan and pain related.

overall, most of the transfers are from an Uchiha to a non Uchiha: Kakashi, Crow and Danzo.

Madara stealing Obito's eye is an example of transferring a mangekyo ability between Uchiha, forcefully even. when to do that, he would've had to have an eye socket open and therefore lost another eye to gain that one, and has already awakened the Rinnegan.

Sasuke is another example of Uchiha to Uchiha transfer.

So let me make a theory: Madara when he stole the Kamui Eye, did not count as a sharingan user anymore. He had already ascended PAST being one into being a natural Rinnegan user. Thus different from a fellow sharingan user, and thus part of the same group as Kakashi, Danzo and That Crow.

thus, Sasuke, by transferring the eyes while still a natural sharingan user, had eye sockets that were "occupied". thus, having Itachis eyes didn't change his abilities and just made them Eternal, while the non natural sharingan users, could transfer it around, because their sockets are "empty".

so in conclusion: one socket, one ability, and natural born sharingan users natural mangekyo abilities override any other abilities they gain while non-natural sharingan users don't as their socket are always empty.

does that make sense, or did I miss something that disproves this whole theory?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-04-17 at 10:09 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265

No, that makes sense...

Except that Itachi had Blaze Release. Blaze Release is the elemental nature of Amaterasu.

Sasuke is able to use Blaze Release techniques becuase one eye has Amaterasu and the other has a technique that lets him change the shape and intensity of literally any fire including Blaze Release.

So technically, Sasuke is less using Blaze Release Ninjutsu and more he's a Firebender who uses one specific Blaze Release technique to create fire for himself and calls bending it a separate Jutsu.

That does mean that Senko will probably just graft the chakra of another Mangekyo user or like, clone her eyes or something instead of going to the effort of finding another pair of eyes to transplant.

Unless your plans include Kimiko getting Mangekyo, which you've alluded to, in which case Senko finding out about the "swapping eyes fixes the blindness and removes the eye strain" thing would be to suggest transplanting each other's eyes into the other's head. (in which case, we should talk about eye designs ahead of time so we've got things that can fit together.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Let me rephrase.

Sasuke has the power to shape Blaze Release. Itachi just makes black fire appear everywhere. and clearly the ability to shape fire that never goes out and make it sure it doesn't get on things you don't want it is just as important and powerful as Tsukuyomi or it wouldn't take up an eye slot.

my plans for one: again, the specifics of that is a PM thing.

27. - Top - End - #267

So, having double-checked: Kisame gets called out for wasting time and chakra shaping his water bullets into sharks becuase his shark water bullets aren't any more powerful than regular water bullets. (To the point that the Anime replaced his shark water bullets with summoned sharks for the "tsunami full of sharks" technique.)

Since Kisame is otherwise a consummate professional(to the point that he refused to socialize with other ninjas in case he was forced to kill them to prevent their knowledge from being acquired by the enemy,) I am convinced that there's something more to the techniques that Kisame either couldn't or didn't use, so if you're still working out details for Shark Style Senjutsu that's a decent starting point.

Since we know that the power of the White Snake is a thing, and you've said that in this game "fish people and shark teeth" are the result of ancestry from a Shark Sage, I'd suggest that there should be a "Shark power" that operates on similar principles: Whoever trains the Shark Sages infuses them with Natural Energy as a test and if they pass they're given sharklike powers. Using Kisame as an example, I'd suggest water breathing and chakra absorption as previously discussed. This gets passed on to their Descendents in a weaker form for a few generations but is eventually diluted to the point of only superficial cosmetic differences.

I've also got suggestions for other "Summon Animal Powers."

Silk of the Spider-Demon: A power bestowed by the Sage of the Spider-Clan, a tribe of monstrous spiders. Grants the Summoner the power to transform their chakra into silk for various purposes. Often but not always grants additional eyes of limbs. (Based on Kidomaru.)

Slugs don't have one, instead they used the Strength of 100 Seal that Tsunade and Sakura use.

Toads don't seem to have one either.

Shino's summoned bugs are specific species bred by his clan and are probably not "people" the way that other summons are.

I'd say that Crows, hawks, and eagles are separate clans of the same group and have the same "power" of flying and maybe different variations of sound manipulation(I'm seeing voice mimicry and sound-based genjutsu as being powers of the crow sage.)

I'm gonna suggest that the Conch King and the Giant clam are either unique entities or part of the same contract. Neither of them seems to have much will of their own so there's probably not a mollusk sage mode(other than the Slugs) but there might be a power.

I'd say that there's probably a sage for the Tortoises, but that Gai didn't study under them and that they probably don't have an Animal power.

Since Monkey King Enma is very clearly based on Sun Wukong, in ability if not temperament, if there's a Power of the Monkey King it's probably based not only on granting simian flexibility but also on self multiplication and transformation. (I imagine that Monkey Style senjutsu has a lot of emphasis on transformation and clone techniques.)

I ain't got nothing else.

Edit: Invention idea, with help from seal experts in the Research division, creates a paper tag that analyzes the DNA and chakra of a genetic ample, blood, hair, or so on placed on a specific part... But also stores the chakra and genetic sample for later retrieval. Used to collect sample of DNA and chakra for Senko's experiments while providing an innocuous explanation for people who might be distrustful of giving blood to a researcher.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-04-18 at 12:05 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Actually according to the naruto wiki, the Toad Sages have the ability known as Frog Kata and the ability of the snake sage mode users is the ability breathe life into inorganic substances known as Sage Art: Inorganic Reincarnation, but its not the power of the White snake.

at least thats what the wiki says.

but yeah those all sound reasonable. honestly I'm more confused as to how water-based summons even work: they don't really work on land, so you have to say near water to make them work, or produce enough for them to swim through, or they have to do it themselves as soon as they're summoned. perhaps it best to make summoning contract archetypes rather than individual ones.

as for the seal....maybe? I'm not sure if any paper tag is innocuous considering one of the most common tags made are basically grenades. but sure whatever.

29. - Top - End - #269

The Power of the White Snake is separate from Sage Mode. It's given by the white Snake Sage but is more of a passive upgrade than a technique.

I was suggesting that some of the other summons, at least the ones that have Sages, might have something similar.

Edit: And just becuase

Spoiler: Fuyuki-san
    Show
    Fuyuki-san is a kindly young man with bleached-hair who sells high-quality snow cones and other shaved-ice dishes at a very reasonable price. So good are his icy treats that he can stay open and make a profit even during the colder months. He remains rather coy whenever someone asks how he can manage to make such high-quality treats while being able to sell them for such a low cost.

In truth, Fuyuki-san is Fuyuki Yuki, of the Yuki clan. Fuyuki Yuki had a humble dream: Rather than fighting, he wanted to use his talent to manipulate ice and snow simply to make people happy. However, his methods of doing so were so mundane that other members of his family disapproved and forbade him from doing things that they perceived as squandering his talents, prompting him to run away during his late teens.

After a few years wandering the roads and studying frozen confectionery, he found his way to the Village Hidden in the Sound and set up shop selling frozen treats made cheaply but greatly using Ice Release in place of a freezer.

The Hidden Sound Village is the perfect place to set up shop, Fuyuki thinks, becuase if his family ever comes looking for him a Ninja village is one of the last places they'll look while the Sound Village is so minor and relatively recent that it'll be the last one they think of if they do search the villages. Still, just to be safe, he makes sure that snowcone preparation is done in such a way that only the final syrup pouring is visible to the customer and he keeps his heritage a closely guarded secret known only to his closest friends.

Abilities: Fuyuki-san is civilian. He knows no combat applicable skills and, technically, knows no Ninjutsu.

However, he has mastered Basic nature control and transformation for not only his Ice Release Bloodline but also it's component Wind and Water Releases, and has great skill in Shape transformation, allowing him to shape water and ice into whatever shape he wants. He has developed many, many culinary applications for this skill, not just the frozen treats he sells professionally, and, if someone managed to learn his secret, he could potentially serve as a very good mentor for someone looking into studying nature transformation or other forms of Chakra control, especially if they share one or both of his affinities,... though his methods are somewhat unorthodox.

Fuyuki-san's affinities for water and wind are particularly strong, even by the standards of his family.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-04-19 at 06:57 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #270

Actually, now that I think about it, Senko going after the Power of the White Snake first might make more sense than anything else, especially since it is a passive power that wouldn't be affected by her unbalanced chakra... And the healing factor might help her survive the grafting process.

And she's primarily a hand to hand melee fighter, so it does kind of make sense if her initial "enhancement" are things that make her more "tanky."

So once Men-Ko is introduced, when Senko isn't collecting samples or doing research... Or on missions, she'd be training in strengthening her will and resisting Genjutsu so that she can eventually go to the cave, pass the tests, and get the White Snake Power.

Then grafting.

Then learning her own Sage Mode.

Then, when she has time, going back to the Cave to finish her training and get Snake Style Sage M.

I'm also starting to think that, while she'll be collecting DNA samples all along, her initial grafts will be things that improve her role as a melee fighter via either more melee options, better tanking, or things that provide support(Increased mobility and the like.) Elemental releases will, when possible, come after Sage Mode unless I can justify it ending into melee.

I'm still leaning towards White Snake Power not counting as a mod for the sake of balancing her chakra.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-04-20 at 04:34 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks