New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 68: Dawn of a New Season (or two)

Bazaar

There's some sort of commotion going on in the stands where Myriam is being led. A shout comes from within, "What're you trying to pull here!? This fish isn't nearly fresh!" A hulking figure, four-armed, 12 feet tall, and covered in thick green scales is towering over a frightened Zora merchant and berating the unfortunate shopkeep about his wares. The detector is clearly pulling towards the large creature.

Jack and Tao are still undisturbed, although they might hear the shouting.

Happy Day Plus Pyromania

"Maybe I'll go sometime." Sekhmet isn't so sure. What do you even do at the ocean? She watches out for anyplace unusual or interesting while they walk.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

Happy Day plus Pyromania

What you do at the ocean? Well, I guess there's a couple options. You can work out. You can go fishing and catch a bunch of Tentacool. You can do an undersea Hunger Games-style battle with other people. You could fight giant fish monsters and other people. Or you can eat a magic seaweed and turn into a mermaid for a week, among other things.

...not all of those are things Dawn would personally do.

The bloodred elf continues walking, also on the lookout - but unlike Sekhmet, is looking for a building or other public place that fits her criteria. "You definitely should," she says. "There's enough beaches around that you can definitely find one that's not too crowded."

Meanwhile, her player wonders if you have something in mind for something interesting, or are leaving it up to fate.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Shady Park]

The King in Rags... is speechless for a moment. Obviously, his features are unchanging, but Ilpholin will no doubt notice that this ancient being is shocked and lost for words, just for a brief moment. Then, he laughs. It's a surprisingly deep and hearty laugh - as if not belonging in his current body - but there's a growl of a beast, the crying of carrion-birds and the rattle of dying prey in this sound.

"Oh, Ilpholin. You are not afraid to ask the impossible, are you? Had I only someone like you in the time before." The branches on his back spread wider. "But it is not impossible. Not easy, either, but I am a Lord of the Faerie. There's someone who still owes me some obligations and with whose help I will give you what you ask for. One way or another."
    [Shady Park]

There's an internal sigh of relief by Ilpholin. The King in Rags could have reacted in any number of ways to that request, some of which could be quite detrimental.

"Cessie says I'm brazen, but I prefer the term bold." Ilpholin allows a small smile to play to her lips for a moment before moving on. "Then it's a deal. Do this and I'll also consider us thoroughly settled for any outstanding dues. You know where to find me when you're ready. Or at least where to contact me. Once the deed is done, I shall embark on this mission of yours."

"Speaking of, was there anything else I should know about it? For instance, does your former vassal have a name I should use?" She probably had multiple names, but at least one of them was appropriate for addressing her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

[Shady Park]

"I will contact you promptly once my old servant and I have determined a way, yes. Make sure to listen to what I tell you and prepare, as it will likely be taxing for you." Then his amusement is gone from his voice as he moves to the other topic. "But yes, to business. My vassal's current name that she uses is Singer in Dimmed Crystal. She lives in the heart of a mountain, in a crystal garden. She is allied with a clan of elves who live under the mountain themselves. You will likely need to speak with these elves' leaders as well as my vassal. Their relationship is, as I understand it, a mutual and equitable arrangement, despite her power. You will have assistance in your mission, as well. A man named Damon, who also swore to eradicate the Cuthun demons."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-07-27 at 04:25 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #515

[New Inside Embassy]

The embassy of New Inside is located in one of the older parts of Inside, deep within the blue zone. Yet it does not seem to rely on the extra security that its location brings as cars and other vehicles are not allowed to park nearby and there are big granite blocks in the shape o swan statues all around it that seem to be intended as barriers to keep any vehicles to get that close.

In addition to this, there are guards on the ground and security drones circling in the air. One of them quickly scanning Michalson when he passes by the statues. It glows angrily red and that seems to be enough for the security guards to pay attention to him. "Excuse me, sir?" One of them, an older man, slowly approaches him. He does seem to take a clue from Michalsons uniform though. "Can I help you with something?"

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

Happy Day Plus Pyromania

Not all of those are things Sekhmet would do either. She's not much of a fighter, and she doesn't know how to swim or fish.

"I guess it would be nice to see it once," Sekhmet replies. She's still not completely sure.

And her player was suffering writer's block when he started this and decided to leave it up to chance.

My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #517
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bazaar
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "No, not particularly. We did come from the same place, though. So I guess we used the same gate, and this market's closest to that gate." Jack's lived her awhile; she's well aware of the size of Inside. "Anyway, how are you? Do you like the city?" Jack glances one last time at the earrings, but is able to resist the shiny for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    There's some sort of commotion going on in the stands where Myriam is being led. A shout comes from within, "What're you trying to pull here!? This fish isn't nearly fresh!" A hulking figure, four-armed, 12 feet tall, and covered in thick green scales is towering over a frightened Zora merchant and berating the unfortunate shopkeep about his wares. The detector is clearly pulling towards the large creature.

Jack and Tao are still undisturbed, although they might hear the shouting.
    Tao shakes his head tiredly.
    "The market's pretty good, but I feel like nothing in this city quite makes sense."
    He's looking admiringly at the earrings. Shame that they wouldn't fit as well when- slowly, he puts a hand up to his ear, as if surprised to find it on the side of his head.
    "What I really need is a place to rest and get used to this world for a while."
    There are a couple places matching that description, but he hasn't heard about them.

He glances off towards the shouting. Eh. Sounds like a normal shopping argument. Nothing to worry about, right?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #518

Happy Day plus Pyromania

As they walk, by chance they happen across a building with "INDOOR BEACH" written on it.

Hmm...Dawn looks at it and considers the possibilities. Pools are usually large and have tall ceilings, so the smoke will be visible before people start choking on it. They frequently have several exits due to high volumes of people during peak hours, and there's lifeguards there to shout at people.

It sounds perfect.

"Hey," she says, stopping and pointing at the building. "This looks fun, right?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

Happy Day Plus Pyromania -> Indoor Beach

"I, uh, I guess so." They were just talking about the ocean, after all. But how do you fit a beach indoors? Sekhmet is curious and will follow Dawn inside.
    Last edited by bc56; 2019-07-26 at 09:13 PM.

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #520

[Indoor Beach]

As they go in, they are greeted by a receptionist. The receptionist is an old lady with chopsticks in her hair and a kimono.

"Welcome, mesdames et messieurs," the receptionist says, even though there are no messieurs present. "I assume you have an appointment?"

"No. We just walked in," Dawn replies.

"Well, then, you may take a seat and look at the list of experiences we have available today." She gestures at the colorful seats lining the walls. "I recommend the Jurassic Experience, it really gets your blood pumping. When you're ready, the ladies' changing room is to the left and the mens' is to the right."

On the wall are listed five different things:
    Jurassic Experience
    Daily Special
    Waterworld
    Beach Party
    Cannibal Island
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

Indoor Beach

This is...
    Not what Sekhmet expected. Although she wasn't quite sure what she expected. She'll confusedly look for descriptions of the experiences, since their names make little sense to her. "What do you think?" she asks Dawn.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #522

[Indoor Beach]

Dawn thinks.
    That Cannibal Island sounds like it might be fun. Jurassic Experience was recommended, whatever it is, so it's got to be good, right? Then there's also that Special one. Depending on what it is, it could either be incredibly fun or lame. In the interest of making an informed decision, the elf decides to ask the receptionist about it:
    "Excuse me, what's the daily special?" she asks.

"For today, you'll be magically put in to the body of a sea creature and get to experience being it for -"

Dawn interrupts with an "Okay, thanks," then says to Sekhmet, "Let's not do that. Imagine being a sea anemone or a coral."

She then lists off her thoughts: "Well. I'm torn between either the Jurassic Experience or the Cannibal Island. Do you have a preference?" Presumably, Sekhmet will veto Cannibal Island, leaving the one that won the OoC poll.

Okay.
    After they've decided, Dawn stands up, tells the receptionist about their decision, and heads in to the Ladies' changing room, which looks like a normal changing room, with lockers and everything, in case you brought a swim suit or need to be magically changed into a sardine or sea anenome or whatever.

There's a couple of other people in there, either getting ready to go in or talking about their experience or whatever else you do in magic changing rooms.
    Fortunately, Dawn didn't bring a swimsuit so she's already ready to go.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

Indoor Beach

After agreeing that the Jurassic Experience is probably the better option, and that she wants nothing to do with cannibals, Sekhmet will also enter the changing room. It's here that she realizes something that's been nagging at the back of her mind. "What am I supposed to change into? I don't have a bathing suit!"

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #524
    Orc in the Playground

Bazaar

"You should check out Trog's Tavern sometime. They have rooms. So does the Black Dragon's Den, I think. Or is it the Dancing Fox Inn? I can't remember, I've not actually been to either." Something she should change. "Or, if you don't mind heights, there's a small campground on that roof, there." Jack points at a five-storey grey brick tenement with a few brightly coloured tents just visible on the roof. There's no clear way to get up there, however, unless you've got wings like Jack does.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

The Palace

"Yes, you did deserve it, and yes, you deserve the guilt trip too."
    Veronica points out, crossing her wings and scowling a bit before looking over at Zebes with an appraising eye. "...I'd say a vet instead most likely. Even dressed like that. ESPECIALLY dressed like that." She points out before sighing and sweeping a wing at the skeletons to make them crumble back into bonemeal to feed the little plot of forest. "Seriously though, I'll be okay here. There's areas I want to explore and you need to go check up on Khannie. Make sure she hasn't ran off with a viking god of the dead or something." She adds before simply stepping forward to draw Jace into a tight hug.

"I'm still me, you buffoon. Headstrong, arrogant, a bit of a short fuse, and all. If you want Zebes to stay here to watch over me, that's fine. But you should go play hero where you HAVE to."

The Palace Fight

Supported, the android leans against her helper and closes her eyes, concentrating on the sheathed blade under her hand. Pure metal poured and pressed in a heartless forge devoid of people's touch. Metal untouched by the Kami, empty yet full of possibilities. An emptiness that can be used, manipulated, and shattered. A gentle steely glow pours from her grip, dripping onto the mountain of magitek carcasses below. The sound of combat is drained from the entire chamber, bringing forth a deafening silence as every bit of the pain and screams and sound of tearing metal and flesh is taken in. A flick of her wrist is all it takes to draw forth the blade. When the tip swings clear, the entire ensemble shatters and turns to dust, bringing back all the sound with a clash and filling the adventurers' hands and weapons with the chill of soulless metal. Talons sharpen and shovels harden, guns spew forth lethal fire and more. Their weapons, natural or artificial, will cleave and punch even harder than before, capable of shredded right through hardened steel. The android, temporarily spent, slumps to her knees. "End it, before the magic fades." She croaks, clutching her wounded chest as she tries to stabilize herself from the exertions.

Emily lands a solid kick at the robot's shoulder and feels a satisfying crunch under her heel as the limb falls limp. After her kick, she'll feel her teeth and claws strengthen and chill from the spell. Thankfully the Deathroll finally ends, and even the magitek monster needs a moment to collect its bearings(not quite literally) before it can do anything else.

Metalhead and Jack will find their weapons strengthened and cool to the touch too, whenever they choose to act.

And the Tonberry guide is just sitting at the top of the pile, legs out in front of her as she makes herself a cup of tea. Her spoon chills, making it quite inconvenient as she tries to stir the hot brew.

Docks

Geneva feels a deep primal heat welling up from inside of her. It feels almost like pride, but with a more natural, savage, and perhaps even addictive taste to it. It is a desire to use power, to soundly defeat her foes and to proclaim victory!

Glavvy tilts his head slightly at Geneva, breathing deeply before just turning to begin walking towards the tower of flesh. His tail drags through the asphalt of the street behind him, leaving a large gouge, and he'll simply shoulder any vehicles in front of him out of the way.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Palace Fight]

One of the first things you learn in grappling is how to get back up so your enemy doesn't have an advantage, and the robot's slow response is going to be just that for Emily, simply because she got up first.

She'll lay into it like a monster. Her actions are tightly controlled and strong, but ferociously powerful, focusing on slow but immensely powerful strikes that leave the target reeling, and as she's now using her claws and fangs rather than blunt trauma, she'll also be ripping into the metal beast until it either stops moving or stops being a coherent entity in the room. Conveniently, this'll also fulfill her role as the group's tank, as it needs to deal with her or it's going to be turned to metallic shreds.
    Last edited by Halae; 2019-07-27 at 07:13 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

17. - Top - End - #527

[The Palace Fight]

Marin looks in awe as the magic is used. This has actually been one of the first times magic has looked beautiful, she thinks.

It isn't until the android speaks that she's shaken out of her reverie and realizes that her grip had loosened. She looks up at everyone else and repeats the instruction, because the sounds of battle are loud and she doubts everyone was able to hear: "Guys!" she shouts. "Finish it! You only have a few moments!"
    The catgirl's actually not sure how long the magic will last, but given the situation she doubts it will last a significant amount of time.

Then, worried, she looks back down at the android. "Dang it, Jim, I'm a mechanic, not a doctor," she says under her breath. "Is there anything I can do?"

Indoor Beach

"You're fine," Dawn says, waving off the concerns with her hands. "It's not a big deal, you can just take off some layers if it's that big of a problem."

...She looks around, though. They didn't charge at the entrance, so how do they get profit? she wonders...and spots what she was looking for. "Look over there." The red elf points to one of the walls, where there's a bunch of different weird vending machines filled with swimsuits, towels, sundresses, umbrellas, sunscreen, picnic baskets, sandals, snorkels, scuba gear, magic scrolls of water breathing, bug repellent, elephant guns, ropes, life jackets, sunglasses, and anything else you could possibly need. "If you need to, buy one. I'm not going to; places rarely have ones that match my complexion anyway."

Dawn enters the door labeled "Jurassic Experience".

Whenever Sekhmet goes in through the door, she'll find herself on a large beach - just through a freestanding door - with large long-necked and feathered dinosaurs walking farther up the beach, several people on towels and under umbrellas, feeding brightly-colored turkey things. And, in the ocean there's occasionally ancient sea creatures visible.

"Hey, over here!" Dawn says, waving She's next to the water, with her feet occasionally being hit by it. Still fully dressed.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-07-27 at 07:37 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Palace]

"Someone very important would take offense to that! And you know very well how close you're skirting to the P word." Zebes pouts. Though something else Veronica says makes him snicker, and he doesn't know why.
    Jace smiles, returning the hug, and giving her a light kiss- on the cheek. He doesn't think he's entitled to more at the moment.
    "Watching over you? Please. You're the most functional person in the room right now- you're watching over him. And I'll bring Heather over to me while you're here. If whatever all this is has gotten to her too, I'll bring her here for you to care for. The boys should be safe outside the city. I'll be back later with your things...and maybe a portable generator if you don't figure out how to install wall outlets." He flashes her a smile, one that doesn't quite reach his eyes, before walking slowly to the edge of the room that looks out over the city.
    He turns to the two and gives a thumbs up before falling backwards off the edge.

"What a drama queen. He just hasn't had a use for Feather-Fall in seven years."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

19. - Top - End - #529
    Troll in the Playground

Indoor Beach

Sekhmet goes to look at the bathing suits. They look very different from what she is familiar with. Still, she doesn't want to dirty the nice clothes she's wearing on a sandy beach. She reluctantly draws some money from her purse and purchases a blue one-piece swimsuit, then goes to change into it.

She emerges onto the Jurassic beach a bit later, clad in the swimsuit and barefoot, having stowed her clothes and shoes in a locker. She walks over.to Dawn, looking bewildered. "It's so huge! How does it fit inside?"

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #530

[Indoor Jurassic Beach]

"I dunno," Dawn responds, as she considers the pros and cons of trying to start a beachside forest fire. It's much too big and open here to really do anything significant, and she doesn't even know how it's connected to the rest of the building. At least it would be easy for people to avoid it, she supposes. "It's probably just bigger on the inside, or something. I think there's some places that can do that."

Anyway.
    The elf takes off her outermost layer, revealing a black tank and tight shorts underneath. "You wanted to go swimming, right?" she asks, gesturing to the swimsuit. She also tosses her outer layer of clothing away up the beach as far as she can (but it catches in the wind and splats, getting sandy and slightly wet). "Or did you just want to wade around? I grew up in a swamp so I'm pretty good at both, meaning I don't care."

While waiting for a response, she steps deeper in to the water, until it passes her knees. But wait! What if this other woman just wants to be on the beach and not get too deep?

As long as they watch out for the Dakosaurus and Liopleurodons, they should be fine, right? They wouldn't allow carnivorous marine reptiles to get too close to the beach, right?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

Indoor Jurassic Beach

"I, uh, can't swim," Sekhmet replies somewhat embarrassedly, "But I'll wade a bit." She walks into the water until it's about up to her waist, staring off into the distance at the horizon at the edge of the sea.

There better not be predators in here. Sekhmet doesn't know to look out for them. She doesn't even know what a Jurassic is!

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #532

[Indoor Jurassic Beach]

Given the theme, it seems inevitable that something bad will happen, and then the large carnivores will get where they're not supposed to be, and then the raptors will learn how to open doors.

However, Sekhmet doesn't have to worry, because Dawn has experience watching out for swamp crocodiles, which are much harder to spot than any ocean-dwelling Jurassic creature. On an unrelated note, Dawn moves out next to the other woman.

"You should go out to the pool more often," Dawn remarks, as she slaps the water to splash it at Sekhmet. "Unless you live in a desert or metropolis or something, swimming's a very useful skill. Just - as a caution - don't go any deeper because then the waves will pull you out farther."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground

Indoor Jurassic Beach

Sekhmet does live in a metropolis, or at least spend most of her time there, but she doesn't raise that point. "I guess it's a good idea." She can probably get lessons somewhere. She rubs the water out of her eyes and splashes back at Dawn.

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #534
    Barbarian in the Playground

Industrial Strength Investigation

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    Ithuriel's eyes narrow as she observes the effects of the potion on Michalson. That's something she might have to keep an eye on, but she trusts him to know what he's doing.

Still, there's bigger concerns right now. "Any idea what we're in for at all?" She asks, quietly spreading out a bit so they're not all one big easy target.
    "Well, that's a bad sign if I ever did see one," Michalson says. "Let's keep movin' and be ready for anythin'." With that, he reaches under his coat to produce a vial of yellowish liquid. He downs it in one go, which seems to cause him extreme discomfort. His pupils widen and his eyes gain an unhealthy gleam. "This... oughta 'elp me... deal with whatever's ahead. Let's go."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    The group walks for about 10 minutes, before an extreme sense of foreboding is felt by everyone. The magic remnants that Michalson collected earlier begin to react, even sealed as they are in his vials. Whatever did this is likely close by, and may have just cast something else. Animals, mostly birds and small rodents, rush past the group, clearly panicked by whatever's ahead.

Iamar glares at the scene before her, the small panicked animals fleeing past her. "Whatever is there to greet us, we shall face." She draws her shamshir. She had no intention of being caught unawares, and if whatever was here was going to attack, she would be ready. "It is no use to dwell on what it might be."

25. - Top - End - #535
    Orc in the Playground

The Palace- Fight

Jack feels the shovel grow cold in her hands, and isn't sure what that means, but since it's currently stunned she'll dive in and swing the shovel down like a club, before doing what one usually does with a shovel- propping it against anything resembling a chink she can find in the robo-worm's armour and putting her foot on it before driving her weight through the shovel so it bites deep and starting to pry- unless it moves and she unbalances before she's able to push the shovel into the robot's body.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

[New Inside Embassy]

"My name's Michalson Barring, I'm a detective with the Intersection," the half elf says, forcing his accent and slang back for a moment. He's rehearsed this. "We're performin' a routine investigation regardin' some of the goings-on in the city and the behavior of the inhabitants. Nothin' to be concerned with, but we must be thorough."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

27. - Top - End - #537

Indoor Jurassic Beach

Dawn laughs, and tries to block the water, and then ripostes with another splash. Jeez, it's been a long time since she's just had fun like this; it almost makes her forget her original reason to be walking about.

And then she pushes a bunch of water, trying to make a larger wave at Sekhmet. "Take this!"

Anyway, she's actually pretty willing to keep on having a water fight and definitely won't surrender so if Sekhmet wants it to stop or to do something else, she'll probably either have to surrender or offer a truce.

meanwhile
    More of those fluffy colorful turkey-things show up. People on the beach keep on offering them jerky and other food, and other dinosaurs move around in the background farther away from where everyone else is.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-07-28 at 10:36 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

Indoor Jurassic Beach

Sekhmet laughs and splashes back. This isn't what she expected to spend her day doing, but it's fun. She fights back with both hands, spluttering water out of her mouth when the splashing gets especially fierce.

She pays no mind to the turkeys. She's too busy trying to splash Dawn back.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

[Shady Park]

"I will contact you promptly once my old servant and I have determined a way, yes. Make sure to listen to what I tell you and prepare, as it will likely be taxing for you." Then his amusement is gone from his voice as he moves to the other topic. "But yes, to business. My vassal's current name that she uses is Singer in Dimmed Crystal. She lives in the heart of a mountain, in a crystal garden. She is allied with a clan of elves who live under the mountain themselves. You will likely need to speak with these elves' leaders as well as my vassal. Their relationship is, as I understand it, a mutual and equitable arrangement, despite her power. You will have assistance in your mission, as well. A man named Damon, who also swore to eradicate the Cuthun demons."
    [Shady Park]

Ilpholin purses her lips a little, but keeps her opinions close to the chest. "Do you know any details about the arrangement between Singer in Dimmed Crystal and the elves? What role will Damon have on this mission?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

[Shady Park]

"The Singer and elves both excavate the mountains in search of crystals. Or rather, the Singer shapes tunnels with her song, helping the elves develop their settlements, since they lack the goblins' tunnelling alchemy. In return, they take the crystals and give them to her garden. For what purpose, I cannot say." The King's branches sway as he thinks. "She lets them use some crystals for their own purposes. They also defend the mountains from trolls, who come from the depths and are single-mindedly determined to eat the crystals. Damon's role will be protection, an extra pair of eyes and if need be, a strong axe-wielding arm. Not to mention proof that I have strong allies and fulfil my promises."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-07-29 at 01:21 PM.