New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 68: Dawn of a New Season (or two)

[Southpaw Boxing Gym]

Calm Reed's hand is a mere fraction of the size of Emily's own hands, and between her being taller and far bulkier, said hand up is likely not going to help matters much. All the same, Emily puts what small part of her hand that Calm Reed can grab into the exalt's hand, and relies primarily on pushing herself to a standing position; you don't want to ignore someone's help, even if you don't need it. That's part of good sportsmanship.

"I've fought a lot of tough customers over the years, so I'm pretty good at understanding powers. If I'm not missing my guess, yours is a type of enhancement ability, right? Do you dedicate some energy to making your actions better?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

[Southpaw Boxing Gym]

"You could put it this way." Even if Calm Reed feels rather odd to hear someone describe the Dragons' blessing this way. "The blessing of the Dragons is a gift I can call upon, but it has its limits and I can't use it without limits."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Dib And Dob, Currently Dry]

”Well, you can put it as a ‘magical potion mishap,’ ayup. If you want to speak to the Master he’s in his ritual chamber, ‘round this hall and through the overly ‘mposing double doors.
    Feel free to stay a bit if you need to. We don’t get visitors often. So it’s fun to have guests to entertain.”
    he winks for effect.
    Melvin continues to look mildly uncomfortable. Something about this apprentice makes him feel like he’s forgetting something. Something important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Industrial Strength Investigation]

"I don't know the laws where you come from, but around 'ere we don't let thieves and kidnappers go free because they returned some of their haul," Michalson says, slowly, through half-clenched teeth. "That you're AMEN explains a lot. But I thought they were a half-dead relic."
    [Dibs and Dobs and the Double Doors]

Well, they'd look extra-cowardly to back out now, wouldn't they?

"Well, we migh' stay or nah', but first thing's first, we do wit we're paid tae do and take a statement. C'mon Dobbers, there's nae need tae worry."

Whether or not there is "nae need to worry" will surely be made clear soon enough, as Dibbles follows the directions to go open the doors.

"Theft is theft." Is Ithuriel's rather blunt response. "Who did the crime doesn't matter."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Barbarian in the Playground

Industrial Strength Investigation

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post

"Theft is theft." Is Ithuriel's rather blunt response. "Who did the crime doesn't matter."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post

Zenon eyes his companions for a moment with an odd expression on his face, before giving a predatorial smile, spreading his hands wide, palms open. Michalson can see the mawspheres slowly stop rotating, both of them now looking over the group, but neither becomes normally visible, and they don't seem to be increasing in power, either.

"There is nothing more to investigate. I required the materials and factories, and I acquired them. I didn't even kill anyone. Unfortunately, I've had to hide those facilities and materials away to a more secure location, but I even allowed the workers that were taken to go free, and even generously triggered a homing device so that you would come and pick them up." He looks the group up and down, the smile not fading.

"You'll forgive a bit of melodrama from my new lieutenants; they mean well, but they shouldn't have made threats. I've no interest in fighting any of you; and I doubt any of you wish to die today in any case. So, if you must, then attribute the theft to AMEN. Any fools in Inside who operate without some form of insurance deserve the hit to their bottom line anyways."

He crosses his arms over his chest, the smile changing from predatorial to smug.

"Is that cooperative enough for you, or shall I make some tea?"

"You stole, and you expect a need to be an excuse. You confuse confession for cooperation." Iamar's hand did not leave the hilt of her sword - an implicit threat. "Cooperation would be to return all that you stole, and to surrender yourselves to the proper authorities." She did not return the smile. If anything, the features on her scarred face grew sterner still.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Orc in the Playground

Burnt-Out Ruin

"Just... Start at the top and work your way down, maybe? I don't know. I'm not sure what some of those words mean." Jack frowns at the screen, not sure how it all works. She's barely able to connect the mouse's movements with the way the cursor moves on the screen, she doesn't get technology at all.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #756
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Industrial Strength Investigation

Zenon's expression grows tired. Really, these foolish mortals seek to chastise the Devourer? He's been doing his level best not to kill anyone who doesn't need it, but these, ugh, heroes are starting to get on his nerves.

"Well, then, we are at an impasse, for I have no intention to return anything nor surrender. I was simply providing closure for the good detective there. Since that's done, I've no reason to stay. Ta-ta."

He pivots on his heel, as dark power floods the area, the two mawspheres only Michalson could see now becoming visible, thrumming with dark power, a palpable dread covering the area. They balloon in size in an instant, then immediately engulf Zenon and his companions, before dissipating into clouds of black mist, leaving only the barest trace of the dark power Michalson was able to find earlier.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    The Palace

Zebes shakes his head.
    ”I’ve a memory that has made people gape, but I can’t keep track of everything. Especially what goes on in your head.” He keeps pacing.
    ”Well, I guess it’ll be a choice for you then. All this used to be impossible for you. A dream. If you decide to give it up, it’ll be like a certain someone told Jace a while ago: dreams are there to show you the impossible and let you know how much better real life can be. And this one lasts as long as you want.
    And if you decide to keep it? Well we certainly won’t judge. Even if Jace might silently be a little upset about you ending up more powerful than him so it’s harder to showboat and do his dashing hero act.”

He eyes her and the ball she’s holding.
    ”But mantles always have responsibilities to go with titles. There’s no such thing as a free flying jade palace. Is that why you’re even considering giving it up?” Because otherwise he can’t fathom why she’d want to. She’s magic now AND she’s shinier. No downsides there.
    The Palace

"Except I'm not more powerful than he is."
    Veronica points out, a slight frown as she crushes the sphere of magic and disperses it. "It's Trickery, really. I'm nearly as physically vulnerable as I was before. But even more...the magic can't leave this place. Veroni is just a conduit for it. The further away I move from this place, the weaker it gets. The physical changes might stay to a degree, but I take a step out of this place and it isn't just the denizens and stability of the place that vanishes."

She gives a sigh, flopping back heavily once more into her throne before falling limp in defeat. "I don't even know what I want anymore, either. Adoration, celebrity status, strength...I don't know and that's the most frustrating part. The worst of it is that I don't believe I honestly have the luxury of being able to not know. Then there's all these other invasive doubts. Yeah, sure, this might be a dream for me, but can I honestly say I earned it? Would I abuse it? That sort of thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [Palace Fight]

Emily will grab Jack. While normally an innocuous statement - you think 'oh, she probably just grabbed the other woman's shirt, right?' - that is not the case here. Emily's hands, when balled into fists, are the size of a normal man's torso. So when one says she grabs Jack, it means that the massive reptile woman's hand closes around Jack's entire torso, like someone might pick up a puppy, and then proceeds to carry the much smaller woman away from the writhing monstrosity, so that they're both out of the way of its death throes.

When that's been done, Emily puts Jack back down, and then proceeds to fall heavily into a sitting position. The massive gash in her back isn't bleeding anymore, and while one could see her ribs earlier, through the meat, that's no longer the case. Those observant enough to note it will likely realize she has some regeneration going on. Certainly, it's not perfect, given the wound is taking its time to close, but by the end of the day, she should be back in top form.

"I know a mechanic," the massive scaled woman says between labored breaths. It seems that, even with the pain, she's cognizant enough to have heard the gynoid.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [the Palace Fight]

Marin, of course, tries to cover her ears during the beast's deathsong. It prevents her from really doing anything, but it could argued that she didn't do all that much in the first place.
    ...And now her phone's useless, so she can't call for a ride.

Sure, Marin's mechanic skills are entirely self-taught, and, sure, she's really only worked on free Magbots, but...
    ...Okay. Well, if Emily knows a mechanic, that's probably better than a self-taught mechanic who is used to whatever weird tricks Magtok would put in his robots.

Ignoring the teacups, the catgirl nods and picks her purse back up, putting the remains of whatever tools she used back in it. "Don't worry, I'll make sure you get to whoever she (Emily) knows, to fix you up."

She turns to Emily. "I'm sure you'll probably want your arms free, so...I'll see if I can find some wheels and build a stretcher." Especially since the crocodilian looks injured still, in spite of what appears to be rapid regeneration.

The catgirl stands up and starts looking among the junk for whatever she'll need for a stretcher - wheels, strong straight bars, cloth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Palace Fight

Jack clamps her hands to her ears and tries to fly up and away, pressing the immobility button on her shovel and abandoning it to get away faster- though Emily grabs her and hauls her away far more gently than she was expecting of the massive woman.

Once all that's ended, she'll reach into her satchel and pull out a roll of bandages, which she'll hold out to Emily. She's noticed the regeneration, so isn't sure how well they'll help, but... They are more likely to help the gigantic reptilian lady than the much smaller mechanical one. "Here. I, uh, don't know much about your anatomy, but when I decided to come visit I thought I'd better make sure I was prepared. I don't have anything magical, I'm afraid." But once she spots the tea, she will pull out a half-packet of digestive biscuits. They're a bit battered and most of them are broken, but they're a good accompaniment to a cup of tea.
    The Palace Post-Fight

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any wheels or spare cloth floating about in the pile of magitek, but there's at least enough straight rods to help make an A-Frame if it comes down to it. The android takes a moment to herself to do a few breathing exercises to calm herself even though there's no way her body could actually benefit from breathing. It seems to work however as the ugly light coming from her Core settles down and she reopens her eyes with a light sigh. "I think I can walk from here, if I'm given just a little help to get off this mountain." She admits, reaching up and brushing he ears to make sure they were still attached to her head after so long. "Oh, thank you." She adds when she notices the tonberry offering her tea. She takes a cup before attempting to get to her feet while using the cup and an outstretched arm to help balance her.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

The Palace

Zebes looks up at the ceiling from his seat on the arm of the throne. It’s unsurprisingly exactly the same mannerism Jace had sitting there.
    ”Well that’s the thing, Veronica. I can’t answer that for you. Jace can’t either. And not Heather or Simon or anyone else. Personally, I can’t imagine you spending the rest of forever in here just because you get a few new Tricks while you’re here. You said eventually it should stabilize so the little’uns don’t die if you leave? That’s good. But if you can’t leave even after that without giving it up, then frankly, it’s a pretty garbage deal. You’re going to miss, well, everything. Honestly there’s a fairly apt comparison but I’d probably get slapped for saying it.
    But that said? It’s still your call. I don’t even really get what’s going on, honestly. And I’ll remind you that Jace got all his powers from the grand effort of being born and having a terrible childhood. We didn’t earn our powers either.”
    He lowers his face to turn and look her in the eye.
    ”I will say though that Jace wasn’t just being mushy. He does think you’re the strongest person we know. And you do have adoration, and not just from him. So...I think you’re right. I don’t think you have the luxury of not working it out: what do You want?”
    He pauses.
    ”But we do have quite a while alone in here to help you figure it out.”
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #759

[New Inside Embassy]

"I'll take a look before going elsewhere," Michalson says. "And maybe come back if I think there's something I need to find there."

He'll approach the filing cabinet and begin to search through the most recent entries. He doesn't expect to find any real evidence, but possibly some signs of tampering, omissions of discrepancies. Something to suggest the real goings-on.
    [New Inside Embassy]

He can't find anything incriminating but there are files about military involvement in here. In particular the military personnel that are currently staying at the embassy. There is data on each soldier and messages between the military and the embassy but nothing out of the ordinary.
    Nothing that suggests that they're covering up the involvement in the meme-disease.
    "Finding what you're looking for? I personally never use that thing anymore. Can't believe that protocol still have us log everything by paper when computers exist. I think they were afraid the odd happenings in Inside might influence the computers. But I know for a fact that papers aren't safe either, but I guess it can't hurt to have physical backups."

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

[New Inside Embassy]

"Y'know how it is. Half of the purpose of paperwork is to justify the existence of other paperwork," Michalson says glibly, even as his thoughts fly quickly. There's military personnel in the embassy... he should speak with them next. He commits the names of the soldiers to memory. "But it's true that if somethin' happens to the computers, at least this is 'ere. I'll be off to speak with the personnel now."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

[Southpaw Boxing Gym]

"You could put it this way." Even if Calm Reed feels rather odd to hear someone describe the Dragons' blessing this way. "The blessing of the Dragons is a gift I can call upon, but it has its limits and I can't use it without limits."
    [Southpaw Boxing Gym]

"That tracks with what I was expecting,"
    Emily says as she hops out of the ring, her massive bulky landing heavily on the concrete floor of the building - enough to feel it tremble slightly, "Can you teach others a lesser form of what you were doing there? I doubt I could manage something directly comparable to you, but I'm always interested in learning new combat styles, when they're available."
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    The Palace Post-Fight

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any wheels or spare cloth floating about in the pile of magitek, but there's at least enough straight rods to help make an A-Frame if it comes down to it. The android takes a moment to herself to do a few breathing exercises to calm herself even though there's no way her body could actually benefit from breathing. It seems to work however as the ugly light coming from her Core settles down and she reopens her eyes with a light sigh. "I think I can walk from here, if I'm given just a little help to get off this mountain." She admits, reaching up and brushing he ears to make sure they were still attached to her head after so long. "Oh, thank you." She adds when she notices the tonberry offering her tea. She takes a cup before attempting to get to her feet while using the cup and an outstretched arm to help balance her.
    The Palace Post-Fight

Emily takes her tea, breathing heavily. This really isn't much for her, but it's enough for the moment to simply enjoy the serving. When bandages are offered to her, she waves them off, "Don't need 'em. It'll only hurt for another hour or so."

For now, she'll simply sit there and breathe heavily, trying to refrain from scratching at the bloody wound on her back, as well as keeping her chest covered - the blade that cut open her back also cut the straps on her top, so it's only loosely hanging from her neck now.

12. - Top - End - #762

[New Inside Embassy]

"Of course. Do you need any more help? I could give you a small tour of the facilities if there is anyone specific you'd like to talk to. It is a bit of a mess right now so you might to have someone to show you around and I'm heading downstairs either way. I haven't even gotten a chance to speak to some of our newest arrivals and I'd like to make sure I have some personal contact with all our guests."

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

[Southpaw Boxing Gym]

"It's... possible." Calm Reed looks rather unsure and almost awkward - or would, if it were possible for a Prince of the Earth to look awkward. But surely that's an absurd notion. "But it would be a tricky proposition. The Immaculate martial arts are taught to mortal monks, even though they can't perform the same deeds as the Exalted ones. But to teach them to people outside the order isn't something done lightly."

[New Inside Embassy]

"I don't want to take up more of your time than is necessary with this investigation," Michalson says. "Sorting out messes is what I do, really, so I ought to be fine. Can't be any worse than my Hive block back home."

14. - Top - End - #764

[The Palace Post-Fight]

Well...

Everything seems to be fine, then.
    The android can walk out.
    The huge woman is healing.
    The thing is dying.
    Everybody's okay.

It looks like she won't need a stretcher, after all? At least the catgirl won't have to use her turtleneck as a cloth-replacement.
    Marin puts the straight rods back down and hurries back up. If nobody else beats her to it, she'll help the android down the pile of junk. "Hey, just, uh..." she starts, trying to decide what to say. "Until you get repaired, stay away from extreme heat or cold, water, and heavy physical activity. And avoid jumping, if possible." Band-aids, stripped copper wiring, and plastic melted with a phone battery? And just a screwdriver to align everything? "I'm sorry I did such a hack job at it. If anybody asks you who did the repairs, just...don't answer the question, okay? Thanks."

It'd probably hurt her reputation if word got out that she tried repairing critical parts of a robot with incorrect tools, plastic containers, and adhesive bandages.
    She's going to need to buy a new phone battery and restock her first aid kit, after this.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Orc in the Playground

The Palace Post-Fight

Jack puts the bandages back in her satchel and goes to find the shiniest bit of scrap she can to put in her bag. She'll use her shovel to break it off the main part of the robot worm if she has to, but she's hoping for something small. The tea will be set aside if she needs to, but otherwise she'll keep hold of it until it's finished. The biscuits are left for anyone who wants one with their tea.

16. - Top - End - #766

[Ruins]

Oh.

This large creature is quite old, then?

That's another oddity of physical universes. Age.

Time doesn't work here in any fashion that's comprehensible. Or at least that was her initial inclination. Everything was a mess. But once she understood the basics, events began to line up in a fashion that she could at least work with. Some things were 'old'. Their world-lines were long. Or at least long in a relative sense. They didn't have layers or beats here, nothing she could really align herself with to properly organize her perceptions. So she just had to make do with world-lines.

It was... messy.

But it was something.

"Maybe start at the first one and examine each?" Myriam suggests. "We may be better equipped to disrupt one plan relative to another, so I think we should appraise ourselves of all of them."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Troll in the Playground

Ruin

"Very well, let's begin." The first folder, Avatar of Division, is opened. Inside are a number of images and lines of text. The first is a map of a small city, followed by the same city with streets and buildings marked in red or green. Underneath that is written:
    "Goal: Segregate incompatible groups by psychological means."
    "Measures taken: Divided city into sections for separate groups. Recruited mortal agents for continued policing of division."
    "Current state: Some resistance remains."
    "Recommended measures: Enhance indoctrination program. Equip further mortal agents."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #768
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Ruin]

Tao reads over the description.

"A place they're planning to attack in the future, I guess."
    "What we can do depends how hard it would be to find their 'agents'. Assuming we can find this city at all."
    It doesn't really sound like something they'd be particularly good at. Outsiders like them might even make things worse.
    So why does he feel like he should go?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #769
    Orc in the Playground

Burnt-out Ruin

"Can you make a copy of that map? If we don't have a name, that's the best way to find the city we have." And Jack's got some ideas as to who might best be able to identify a city from a bird's eye view of the streets- the birds, and other rooftop peoples that inhabit the attics and so on of Inside.

If the city's Inside, she'll recognise it; if it's Riverside or Skyside, she knows people that will. New Inside and the other, smaller cities of the Nexus are going to be troublesome, however.

20. - Top - End - #770

[Burnt-out Ruin]

Small city sure doesn't sound like Inside. That silly place is anything but small.

Somewhere Outside maybe?

Or in Seaside?

Could have been Inside if Inside had caught on as a meta-location rather than a specific place. But alas, that wasn't meant to be.

*ahem*

"I don't recognize this place," Myriam admits. "But I haven't seen many places yet. Why would they want to set people at odds with each other?"

But then it makes more sense.

If a population is divided against itself, then it's easier for an outside force to control. How insidious.

"Oh, I think I understand. If people are fighting each other, they won't be able to fight the machines. At least not well... What about the next one?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

Burnt-Out Ruin

The map is saved, and the next folder is opened.

Project Denial of Service.

In the folder is a collection of annotated blueprints for numerous forms of magical and technological communication. Closer examination reveals that the notes are centered around how to jam and disable those devices, everything from broadcasting broadband static against radios to a magical fog that blocks divination and communication spells. At the bottom is a pair of coordinates, and a date, two weeks in the future, labeled "initial test."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

Once Zenon is gone, Michalson looks like he's bout to say something, before collapsing to his knees.

"We, uh... at least we took one of 'em... moral stances."

He starts trying to get up.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

[DibDob2: 2 Many Hippos]

With a creak, the doors swing open. The room behind them is an incredibly ornate arcane laboratory, coated almost entirely in bookshelves, tapestries, and tables with bubbling concoctions and beakers. A number of runes coat the float, inlaid in brass or glowing faintly with magic energies.
    In the center of one large one is an enormous white hippopotamus with a round black hat perched improbably on his head.
    "Well, here ya are, Master. The folks as promised."
    "Egad, you were entirely correct. The furry one does need a sandwich." A sandwich pops into existence next to Dibbles on a floating plate. It seems to be full of some sort of vegetable paste.
    "Now then, I'm glad you could stop in. I didn't realize my guests would be officers of course but I did know that I'd be getting-"
    "You're the hippo that bit me!" Dobbers suddenly shrieks, pointing a wide finger at the wizard as things finally fall into place into his brain.
    "What?"
    "Two years ago, blood moon! You almost took my arm off, and then I turned into this!" Dobbers says angrily, slapping his middle.
    "Oh, I was thinking there was a second. But I looked and could only find Or'usk here." "Curse buddies!" "But I dare say you've done well for yourself."
    "Done well? You ruined my life!" "Nonsense. You seem to have made a full recovery, gotten a lucrative job and arcane studies, and are now far more strong and handsome. Of course I apologize for the assault, but I was in a lunar-induced blood rage at the time."
    Melvin sputters for a bit but eventually shakes his head and waves a hand at Dibbles.
    "Just ask him the stupid questions."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

[Southpaw Boxing Gym]

"It's... possible." Calm Reed looks rather unsure and almost awkward - or would, if it were possible for a Prince of the Earth to look awkward. But surely that's an absurd notion. "But it would be a tricky proposition. The Immaculate martial arts are taught to mortal monks, even though they can't perform the same deeds as the Exalted ones. But to teach them to people outside the order isn't something done lightly."
    [Southpaw Boxing Gym]

"Then I won't ask you to break your order's principles,"
    Emily says understandingly. She's disappointed, but it's a light disappointment, the sort you get when you were expecting to be told no, "Still, any time you want a sparring partner, feel free to ask me. Most of the guys here aren't willing to try me anymore, so people I can spar with are few and far between."

"Oh, and don't be shocked if you manage to get a few converts from the locals if you keep showing off strength like that. The nexus is a place where power is part of what keeps you alive."

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

[Southpaw Boxing Gym]

"I appreciate the offer. There's people who can keep up with me in Vigil, but it's always better to have diverse partners to train with." Calm Reed nods. "Converts, you say? I haven't quite considered it yet. I was sent as a missionary before winding up in the Nexus instead, so perhaps the Dragons would want me to do it here instead."

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

[Southpaw Boxing Gym]

"Let me know if you ever set up a temple or something; I might attend just to check it out, at the least," Emily says, and then hops outside the ring. There's a slight tremor when her massive bulk hits the floor, but nothing breaks so it's fine, right? Emily's just going to walk back over to her reinforced bench for now, to sit down and pick up her oversized water bottle again.

Calm Reed, though, is now surrounded by fighters who want her attention, all asking questions about how she got so strong, what kind of training she does, and things like that.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

[Southpaw Boxing Gym]

Calm Reed isn't exactly a stranger to being the centre of attention. It's only natural for mortals to look up to a Prince of the Earth. That being said, she's also use to a degree of awe and intimidation, particularly since she's also a monk. Just being asked questions... well, she'll have to deal with it. She will answer simply enough that her strength comes from the blood of the Elemental Dragons in her veins, the blessing they bestowed on her and the rigorous training from her masters in the Immaculate Order.

28. - Top - End - #778

[New Inside Embassy]

"I don't want to take up more of your time than is necessary with this investigation," Michalson says. "Sorting out messes is what I do, really, so I ought to be fine. Can't be any worse than my Hive block back home."
    [New Inside Embassy]

Ellana taps her finger on her desk with a ponderous expression. "Well, you do need someone to guide you around. It's against regulations to have visitors just wander around." She bites her lip. "Actually, come to think of it. You wanted to potentially speak to military personnel, yeah? Between you and me, the ones that visit the embassy are usually not that cooperative with officials unless ordered to be by an superior. They're very hush-hush, even about trivialities." She gives him an appologetic smile. "There is someone from the Order staying here though, ah, the Order of Iron. A special law enforcement agency we have. Their rank supercedes the military, so if you can come to some kind of agreement with them I believe the military personnel staying here would be a lot more talkative. Otherwise I can just call on one of my staff."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-09-07 at 07:48 AM.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

[New Inside Embassy]

"This does sound like the kind of person I ought to talk to," Michalson says. Convenient enough to be suspicious... "Do introduce me to them and I'm sure we can come to an agreement."

30. - Top - End - #780

NinjaGuy

Misty moves up quietly and offers Michalson a hand.

"Are you ok, Detective?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?