New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Eurus Hive Cluster]

Why, it's making you part of the alien-flesh-monster family, Sekhmet.
    (That used to be a much more involved process. Back in the old days they had to physically burrow into your brain and make changes. Nowadays, it just takes a bit of alchemy, genetically engineered viruses, and telepathic manipulation. Much smoother. None of this bit of trivia is broadcasted to Sekhmet, just seemed topical)

This cavern is dominated by the center of the hive, a vaguely star-shaped castle of shell and hide with a crown of horns. The living walls flow out from under its folds, its tentacles stretch around the cavern, plump larval monsters play around the edge of its tubes. Sekhmet can probably feel that it's aware of her, that it's radiating comfort and warmth. Poor creature, lost in the Nexus with no family. Don't worry. You belong here.

Worker crabs are busy bringing food and material to the castle and carrying away growing cocoons and globs of strange fluid. There are others like the writer here, undetectable to most senses but not through the newly forming link. A particularly large creature (bigger than the guard or the crabs or the slugs) with six legs, four arms, two wings, and an oddly human pair of eyes is scrambling up and down the shell walls, looking after the place.

Out in front of the living castle is the pool where the ritual is to be finalized. The water is off-color, faintly glowing, and constantly churning from the motion of beating membranes beneath. Around it a ring of spikes jut up, seemingly just decorative.
    Even here, it does not look terribly safe.
    Here, this is the place. Here we can give you our strength, and let you reach your true power.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2019-09-24 at 12:30 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #842
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 68: Dawn of a New Season (or two)

Eurus Hive Cluster

Sekhmet would be glad she isn't having anything burrow into her brain, but at the same time, it's probably a good thing she doesn't know.

She takes a deep breath and steps forward. The chamber is forbidding, the pool looks dangerous, but she feels safe. She can do this. "I am ready whenever you are," she replies, steeling herself.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #843

The pool grows still. The glow grows brighter. The spiky fronds wave and crackle in anticipation.

The writer projects themself out of that secret space where they cannot be seen or heard, appearing besides Sekhmet. But it's not much of a revelation. They're still wearing a long hooded robe. All one can see is a faint reflection off the eyes, and that the robe has four sleeves, two of which are writing out another note.

Three of the figures with too many fingers approach, and kneel on the far side of the pool, hands outstretched. I don't know if Sekhmet has much ability to sense magic, but there's a fair bit flowing back and forth between them and the pool, spells of energy and transformation.

A crab comes up, carrying a white silken shroud and offering it to Sekhmet, and the last note is handed over.
    Dispel your light so that all your magic is within you. Set aside all that you have brought with you even your garments, take this, and descend into the pool. Breathe deep, and the waters will sustain you. Then you will look inward, at the source of your power.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #844
    Troll in the Playground

Eurus Hive Cluster

Sekhmet carefully removes her clothes before putting on the offered garment. It looks to her like a burial shroud, but she wouldn't want to ruin her normal clothes in the liquid. Letting her light go out, she steps forward, plunging down into the pool...

My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #845

It turns out this was not a complicated scheme to drown Sekhmet in the middle of nowhere.
    As the glowing waters close around her, she will not choke or drown. She should merely be carried off into sleep, to dream of magic throughout the changes.

Part of the purpose of this pool, this place, these gathered figures, is to speed up and complete the changes the red potion began. To direct them (a little bit) and smooth them. The many-fingered ones dip their hands into the water, sending ripples of energy throughout the pool, molding and weaving.
    Most of these monsters are a bit arthropoid, and possessed of fearsome claws or strong tentacles or both, and it's pretty possible that Sekhmet will exhibit some of the same features. But they don't dare make serious intentional changes, lest it disrupt her magic. But the actual results depend on her powers, her genes, and simple luck. Humanoids are very unpredictable.

Meanwhile, Sekhmet should be dreaming strange dreams that reflect herself. She's far more devilish than she knows - but perhaps deep down she suspects? Perhaps now that she's being seen from the outside by these strange beings, she can realize that she's only half human? And there's another presence with her in her mind. The hive is here.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

Eurus Hive Cluster

In the fluid, Sekhmet begins to change. Bulges appear on her back, beneath the shroud she wears. Her tail and horns begin to grow larger and more prominent. Her fingernails and toenails lengthen into claws. From her temples, more horns emerge, a pair of short points from either side of her head. The bulges on her back grow larger still, tearing apart the back of the shroud and revealing themselves to be batlike wings. They also reveal something else of interest, uneven rows of scars running down her back. Chitinous armor begins to emerge to cover those old wounds, as well as on her forearms and the palms of her hands, inherited from the entities fueling the transformation. Under her clothes, the same armor emerges from her midriff, protecting the vital organs in her gut. The end of her tail is similarly encased in plating, hard and sharp-edged...

Closed-eyed, Sekhmet dreams. She floats in an empty void, unaltered by any of the changes occurring to her body at the moment. A mirror stands in the room ahead of her, a large wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling glass like one might see in an exercise studio. As she walks closer on the cold floor, her reflection changes, replaced by an image of a snarling fiend, a monstrous devil that has the slightest resemblance to her. She screams in fear, turning and running, but now the mirror is in front of her again, the reflection still that monstrous woman staring at Sekhmet with cold, soulless black eyes. Sekhmet turns away again, but the mirror is there also, laughing, laughing at her, at the pathetic Tiefling trapped by her infernal heritage. In fear and anger, she lashes out, striking the mirror in the face. It shatters into a thousand pieces, the shards drifting leisurely around the room, but it also attaches to her arm, flowing up her body, pulling her into its surface. Light bleeds out of the cracks through which the glassy arms are pulling her, rivulets of luminous ichor staining her skin. Then she's through. Sekhmet finds herself in a dark room, feeling as if a thousand eyes are watching her, seeing those eyes clearly, burning like flames in the darkness. She steps delicately forward, feet crunching painlessly over broken glass that glitters in the light from the hive's eyes. In the fragments, she catches sight of her reflection, her new appearance showing in all its fiendish glory in the warped glass. There is another flame, floating in the room along her path of mirrors. She can barely make it out, a flame darker than the deepest shadow. It pulls on her, drawing the residue of light off her skin and into its undiminished blackness. She reaches out a hand, grasping the flame and pulling it close to herself. Suddenly, she's lying in a cradle, looking up against glaring light at a huge, horned face leaning over her. A woman's voice says, "I think I will call you Sekhmet, my little goddess of war." For an instant, she is among the hive again...

Then Sekhmet snaps awake, her eyes opening to reveal glossy orbs of inky darkness with no visible sclera or iris. She gasps for breath, feeling different, but not yet sure how.
    Last edited by bc56; 2019-09-25 at 08:23 AM.

My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #847

Now Sekhmet is lying in a pool, looking up against glaring light at a huge, horned face leaning over her.
    The image of her parent fades into that of the queen of the hives, whose six-fingered hands are lifting Sekhmet out of the pool and setting her on the shore.
    Her voice sounds directly in Sekhmet's head. Wake up, child. You went through that more smoothly than anyone else has. But there is one last step in your awakening. That would be briefly draining her old power so that she can get used to her new level of power and to remove the flaws introduced by the black potion.

Crabs, workers, brought in from another hive (specially prepared to handle the ritual implements of bone and silver) gather round. Sekhmet can probably tell that she's less closely connected to them. They are only very distant relatives. They wear more bits of decorative cloth, and their claw are more narrow and elegant.
    This will be painful, but is necessary to fully control your power.

Of course, Sekhmet might be a bit distracted by little things like the fact that she has wings and more horns and is naked after tearing up that silk sheet, or big things like her devilish magic or increased sensitivity to the hive creatures all around.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [the Palace Fight]

Emily will take the one laid out for her and crack open the box. A approval shines in her eyes before she closes and locks the box once more, "Thank you for this. All three treasures within will be used appropriately, you have my word." she'll tuck it under her good arm, making sure that the box is in a good position at the moment and not at risk of being dropped - you don't drop this kind of gift.

When Marin is ready to go, Emily will be willing to lead her out of the castle and to that mechanic shop she mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Post-Palace Fight]

The catgirl doesn't bother to open the chest yet, she just sticks it in her purse - she'll either need both her hands to open it without somewhere to set it down.

And she needs one of her arms to continue helping the android. "Thanks," she says even though she hasn't checked what's in it. "I'll, uh, look at it when I have the chance."
    But, to be honest, even after opening it and seeing what's in it, she'll still probably value the ribbon higher.

Marin will help the android out of the palace (she's glad to be back on the ground again) and after Emily to the mechanic.

If only she were stronger, she could carry the android the whole way. Instead, she has to basically walk by her side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Palace Post-Fight

Jack will take the spheres she finds, not sure what they are or what they do. But they look interesting, and could be valuable... If she can find somebody who both knows what they are and won't try to cheat her about it.

She's going to follow the others back to the entrance, and take a box, opening it and smiling. "Thank you, it's greatly appreciated." She'll try to put the ring on, just to see if it fits and does anything interesting, sliding it down her left ring finger. Jack also can't help herself; she's going to have to eat one of those cookies now.
    Palace Post-Fight => Emily's Friend

The rings don't seem to be magical, but they certainly are pretty and are a perfect fit. The android is ready to go down the grav-lift at any moment, though she'll definitely continue to need the support along the way. If anyone wished to depart to do their own thing, they can do so.

Palace

"Our culture? To be perfectly fair Zebes, I'm a lady of Inside more than a Harpy. If I stuck to traditional Harpy values I would be living up in a tree with half a dozen eggs and consorts already." Veronica points out. "And yes, you do make things awkward sometimes, but I've learned to live with it. As long as you don't give a play-by-play to someone else I'm cool with it now. Or if you do, at least go full game-announcer about it and make it more impressive than it probably is."

9. - Top - End - #849
    Troll in the Playground

Eurus Hive Cluster

Sekhmet tries to pull the rags of the sheet around her for covering, but her claws tear through the thin fabric as she grabs at it. Moments later, she notices the armor plating on her stomach. She sits bolt upright, screaming, feeling the weight of her wings dragging her backwards. "What did you do to me!? What did you do!?" Her pitch-black eyes tear up from shock and fear.

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

The Palace

Zebes looks away, blushing.
    ”Well, good. Because it theoretically goes both ways, you know. Jace is lucky I don’t date or he’d know how weird it is.” Judging from his face despite his joking about it, it’s honestly uncomfortable for him. “But yeah, talk to him about it some time. He just needs a push. He’s terrified of messing it up. But then, you knew that.” He adds with a wink.
    ”So for the record, you want me to get some music going? Because I can do that. Still got a few things I can do on my own. I probably shouldn’t bring the band in, though. Most of them wouldn’t be immune to what we’ve got going on.”
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #851

This was always within you, where your power comes from. We only brought it to the surface.
    Sekhmet receives a picture of what she looks like through the hive's eyes. Those wings, that tail, so close to her base. What a beautiful creature. Truly amazing. Why would she be upset by this?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #852
    Troll in the Playground

Eurus Hive Cluster

The image doesn't help. Sekhmet sees herself and screams again, longer this time. She looks just like the monster she saw reflected in her dream. Wordlessly, she drops to the ground, sobs shaking her twisted body, oblivious to anything other than her new, hideous form. If the hive wants to complete the process, Sekhmet is in no position to protest.

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #853

How interesting. No other subject has such a strong reaction to their newly improved body. But then, Sekhmet's mindscape was also quite unusual. Devils and monsters, attacking and fleeing from herself, her blood. Why must the most powerful humanoids also be the most unstable?

The queen picks Sekhmet up again and cradles the mostly-devil in her four arms. You might think that would be even more alarming, but it manages to be comforting somehow.
    The crabs close in, lifting their ritual tools.
    Sekhmet will feel her strength fading at the burning cold touch, feel the pinprick points of the bone knives (though any cuts are gone moments later). It seems to go on for quite a while, but then suddenly it's ended, and Sekhmet will feel a great deal of relief as her magical energy starts to replenish.
    She might also feel plenty of existential horror at her infernal/alien form, but that's not really related to the ending of the ritual.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #854
    Troll in the Playground

Because all the best people are completely bonkers, that's why.

Sekhmet lies still in the queen's arms, shaking and sobbing to herself. What has happened to her? Why? Why did she have to become a monster? She barely notices the ritual being performed until it's finished; she's so absorbed in her own thoughts, her new body.

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #855

Eventually, the Queen sets Sekhmet down in a quiet corner of the hive. She has her own work to attend to: experimenting with Sekhmet's blood to try to impart her infernal magics to other parts of the hive.

Sekhmet is left alone, but the place will respond to her.
    If she's wallowing in self-hatred, the castle will broadcast wordless impressions of warmth and acceptance. It doesn't have the sophistication to argue that if Sekhmet wasn't a monster as a horned tailed devil-girl, she's still not a monster now that the devil features are there, but it's something.
    If she wants to go back to GLoG, a scout-creature will come to show her the way out.
    If she's hungry, a worker will bring food.
    If she wonders about her magic, one of the hive's other mages will appear.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #856
    Troll in the Playground

Eurus Hive Cluster

Sekhmet wants to wallow in self-loathing, but not here. Not where it happened. When the escort arrives, she will follow it out, not even thinking about how she knows its purpose. She puts on the skirt she abandoned before her transformation, but her blouse no longer fits, so she clutches it to her chest. She walks awkwardly, tripping over her new, longer tail and losing her balance because of the weight of her wings.

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #857
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [New Inside Embassy]

"Sigil." Octavia repeats to herself slowly before nodding. "I've heard of it. Supposedly a lot like the nexus, which makes it nearly impossible to tell which culture your name originates from. My own name, Octavia, is actually relatively common among ponies despite the fact there have been no relationships between them and any humans as far as I can tell." She smiles in a manner that makes it hard to tell what she's thinking. "Not that I wouldn't put it past the people here."

"Interesting." Ellena remarks. "But please, sit down Octavia. Mr. Barring is actually here regarding the military personell staying here. He wish the question them and I figured you might be of help."

The order agent looks to Michalson with the same kind of blank expression that he's giving her. "For what purpose?"
    "I'm investigating the plague that has been affecting the city," Michalson explains. "As an embassy to a foreign state, this place needs particular scrutiny."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Bugbear in the Playground

[New Inside Embassy]

"Which plague? My understanding of it is that it's several. Either way though, you believe our military has information regarding it?" Octavia asks calmly with a partly raised eyebrow.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

[New Inside Embassy]

"I mean the odd affliction that pushes people towards irrational behavior," Michalson says, matter-of-factly, even as he decides to dig a bit deeper. "What other plagues do you know of?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #860

[New Inside Embassy]

"Only ones you must be aware of as well. Though as we likely use different code-names, I'll give you a brief summary. There is M-black, which cause a complete, seemingly random, metamorphosis of the victim and cause their blood to turn into M-black substance. It's widespread and have been found in nearly every city within the nexus so far though only spreads through prolonged exposure to M-black substance. Then there is the newer radical-T virus which quickly start to take over every part of the body and converts its victims into willing hosts which can radically alter their forms but often hide to better be able to spread. Thus it spreads far faster than M-black but can be easier to detect, so far limiting its spread to Inside." She gestures towards the window. "Radical-T have so far been classified but I don't think either of us can pretend it doesn't exist anymore. Its victims are overrunning your city."

21. - Top - End - #861
    Titan in the Playground

[New Inside Embassy]

Michalson nods. He recognizes the diseases Octavia is describing, but he has to focus on his task here.

"I am aware of them, but my assignment here is one specific affliction. I need to make some inquiries. I hope it's not anything more than that."

22. - Top - End - #862

[New Inside Embassy]

"If I'm to help you in this matter, I need to know what kind of information you're after. If Intersection belives that our military is involved in criminal activity then let me assure you that the Iron Order is interested in such accusations." Octavia's gaze does not waver.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Palace Post-Fight => Emily's Friend

The rings don't seem to be magical, but they certainly are pretty and are a perfect fit. The android is ready to go down the grav-lift at any moment, though she'll definitely continue to need the support along the way. If anyone wished to depart to do their own thing, they can do so.
    [Palace Post-Fight => Kathy's Cybershop]

It becomes clear after a bit of movement that Emily isn't doing so great either - she's not quite stumbling as she moves, but she's clearly favoring her left side - the gash in her bady was large enough to go all the way from her shoulder to hit hip, making just about any movement painful, and while she heals faster than a normal person, this is still going to be most of a day before she can move without pain again. On the way out, however, she offers to carry the gynoid in her right arm, so that she doesn't have to lean on Marin for support.

Whether or not the pair take Emily up on this offer, they'll arrive at the place after not too long. It's obvious just for looking that it was once a corner cafe, and above the door and windows is a sign declaring to the world that this is 'KATHERINE'S CYBERSHOP'. In the windows are a variety of different hands, arms, feet, legs, and a few other things, showing off the wares. The ones on display are, of course, nonfunctional however - can't risk someone breaking a window and stealing things like that.

Indoors, the well lit shop is bright, with white floors, gray walls, and shelving that shows off various low level pieces of technology, including a few things that don't get stuck into your body. Standing behind the counter is a five foot tall woman, freckled, with green hair and her arms and legs replaced with prosthetics of her own apparent design. When the group comes in, Emily says, "Hey, we've got someone you should take a look at here."

Kathy herself vaults over the counter to get a better look, "... Okay, yeah. Bring her downstairs to the workshop and I'll see what I can do about fixing her up. I assume you're cashing in your favor to cover the repair cost?"

"Mhm," is all the massive woman says, before taking the group downstairs so that the mechanically injured woman can be laid out on a workbench.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

24. - Top - End - #864

[=> Kathy's Cybershop]

The catgirl Marin, unlike the other two, is completely healthy and unhurt.
    If Emily wants to to carry the android, the catgirl won't stop her. Being carried would probably be better than walking for the android.
    However, she still continues to go with them, just in case. With Emily still limping, Marin definitely should go along just in case.

Wait, did she ever get her pistol back? she suddenly wonders. No, she...she left it up there and forgot to put it back in her purse. There was just too much going on. She'll have to go get a new one, because she doesn't want to go back in that mess of a room anytime soon. That's three things she'll have to buy, now: a replacement gun, a new phone battery, and more wire coils because that's the half the reason she went out shopping in the first place.

In the cybershop, she doesn't really say much, she just admires the wares and parts and such.
    She thinks it might be fun to come back here some time to just buy some random things.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-10-03 at 05:20 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

Kathy's Cybershop

The android does accept the offer of being carried so she can save her strength. She's snoring gently against Emily by the time they get to the shop, but she wakes up when all the talking starts and shakes her head. "No, I can work off repairs. Please, do not spend a favor on the likes of me." She insists. When she's laid down upon the workbench and stripped of clothing, she doesn't complain even if the others are watching. The housing around her core definitely needs to be repaired, but many parts of her "flesh" has been damaged as well. Her legs and feet in particular look like they'll need replacement parts, but her abdomen and side show signs of having been shot up and even ripped through with claws or swords.

She could also honestly use a very good blow-out with air considering how long she'd been still.

Luckily, not too much that looks vital got damaged other than joints and some structure in her legs and stomach. The worst is the connections around her core.

Palace - Zebes

"Honestly Zebes, what I want right now is a nice warm bed, a tub of ice cream, and a hug."
    Veronica admits, sounding very exhausted all of a sudden. "Just been...well, one hell of a day and it is all hitting me now I feel like. I'll talk to Jace tomorrow or the day after though. Let all this blow over first."

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kathy's Cybershop]

The cyborg gives the gynoid a good look over, remaining clinical with every part of her body, "Warrior-type, hmm? Not what you were intended for; you've got stressing all along your forearms and lower legs. The skin's mostly worn off, we'll have to replace that. A number of important components are exposed and damaged like someone put them through a blender... it's a wonder you're capable of moving at all right now. And you're covered in so much dust and grime that even if I put you back together, all your systems would be grinding to a halt in a week just from the buildup. At this point, it'd almost be cheaper just to replace the whole shebang."

Kathy will reach in and run a hand along the ridges of her power core, checking it for grime and dust that will, of course, need to be cleaned off, "Not familiar with this kind of power system; magitech? That's important. Probably doubles as the AI core. We'll need to fix the housing systems around it and make sure the energy systems won't sputter or have a catastrophic buildup from the grime," The ring finger on her left hand opens up to reveal a flashlight, which she shines in Miyuu's eyes, testing dilation and response time, "Sensory response is solid; I don't think we'll have to replace your eyes, though a good cleaning's probably still in order." Then she turns Miyuu's head to either side, "Ears are filled with dust... probably making everything sound odd right now."

Kathy turns off the flashlight in her hand and says to the room, "Yeah, this is gonna be something of a project. Might be a month or two before you're back up to full capacity. The best bet would be to store you in a temporary body while I overhaul your current one; that'd probably make it easier on you overall, and faster for me to work on. Are you alright with that?"

Emily for her part just sits down in the corner of the place, relaxing after walking that long distance. She says to Marin, "Hell of a day, huh? Didn't think we'd find someone alive in all that mess."
    Last edited by Halae; 2019-10-05 at 12:25 PM.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

[Palace- Z & V]

Zebes grins, spreading his arms for her if she wants to lean into the hug.
    "I warn you, I'm not as good at this when I don't have my wings." he says with a wink.
    "I'll tell him to hurry up with those things he promised. Though...we could always test out your new mojo. I mean, if you can make fancy cloaks you can probably make a bed, right?" Well, even if her crazy magic stuff only works while they're here, might as well abuse it as much as they can.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

28. - Top - End - #868

[Kathy's Cybershop]

Marin breathes a sigh of relief. They didn't even mention her on-the-spot repair of bandaids and copper and plastic. If they had, the catgirl is pretty sure she would have run out of the shop in embarrassment. And the thing is, she wants to stay here, watching what looks like a pro. Marin is entirely self-taught and learned through hands-on working with some reading and looking up things when she didn't know what to do. Just by watching, she's learning ways she could do stuff better.

That's why it takes her a moment to realize Emily was talking to her.

"Yeah. But we're lucky she was there; if she weren't, I'm not sure all of us would have made it out." Actually, Marin starts to think. She had arrived there after everyone else, and only was just passing by when she became curious about what it was. If she didn't do that, the gynoid would probably still be lying there. But everyone else there was also necessary, and probably even moreso: Emily was able to stop that thing in its tracks and the others were able to prevent it from slicing Emily up more or getting past her. It's because of them that Marin's uninjured, let alone alive. "I think you got the worst of your injuries when that thing was going after me and her." She gestures at the gynoid to confirm who 'her' is."Sorry. And, um, thank-you."

She keeps on watching the examination, when she suddenly has a thought. "After all that, I can't even remember whether or not I introduced myself." Marin adjusts her turtleneck collar to make sure sure it's still up and even, and pulls her eyes away from the clinical examination. "Marin. Blue-collar repairwoman and self-taught mechanic." Also, former thief, former unwilling maid, former conscripted soldier, former 'spy'. But that's what she used to be and so she doesn't mention them.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

Kathy's Cyberware

The android shivers and bites her lip when her power core is touched, but whatever sensation she's feeling is rapidly cut off with the realization of what was being recommended. That suggestion makes Miyuu look and feel incredibly worried as she tries to sit up to get off the counter. "N-No, I think I am feeling better now. I do not think I want a replacement body, temporary or otherwise." She admits, lying horribly about the first part and almost panicking about the latter half.

Palace - V & Z

And Zebes will find himself the recipient of a rather warm and tight worried hug. "No, don't hurry him. He needs to make sure his daughter is fine and finish getting rid of his own worry and stress." She points out. "Maybe a couch though instead. If I knew how to make a TV, I'd do that too. For now? I'm more inclined to just doze off and let a bad case of lazy-butt take me." She's joking again, so surely that's a good sign that she was feeling better.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kathy's Cybershop]

The mechanic puts a hand down on the android's chest and holds her down so that she can't get off the table so easily. If she was up to full working capacity, she could theoretically just push through that, but there's every chance she just doesn't have the strength to contest the action right now, "No, you aren't, and you'll kill yourself if you don't get help," Kathy lets out a sigh, "Fine, we won't involve the temp body. But I'm warning you - sitting through the procedures we need to do to fix you isn't going to be pleasant."

"Emily Grant," the massive woman says, stretching her wounded shoulder with a grunt, "And no thanks necessary. This is sort of what I do; get into fights to help people. Having a low-grade healing factor helps a lot with that kind of thing, especially when you're big enough to tank hits too." she lets out a pained sound as she continues working out her shoulder, "Though, sometimes, I wish I hadn't taken a particular shot."