New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Episode II: The Gathering Storm IC Thread 3

With the Shadowhawk safe inside the hangar and the doors closed again, Gial felt pretty confident in the base's camouflage. Leaving Danko to begin repairs on the ship, he took the turbolift up to the control room and started his painstaking hunt for access codes, overrides and backdoors.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Taking 20 for 42 Use Computer to remove/replace as needed and become the true master of the station.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"So that's why she doesn't trust you with anything more complicated than 'push the button'. You're one of those mindless bootlickers. Your mother must be so proud," Shyar commented, then none-too-gently urged 419 down to the brig. Hopefully the Sith had at least gotten around to installing the cell doors.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    "So that's why she doesn't trust you with anything more complicated than 'push the button'. You're one of those mindless bootlickers. Your mother must be so proud," Shyar commented, then none-too-gently urged 419 down to the brig. Hopefully the Sith had at least gotten around to installing the cell doors.
    The soldier is non-compliant, going limp and forcing you to drag him to the turbo lift. Assuming you do, you get down to the brig to find it is mostly empty space. Areas you’d normally find with holding cells and processing areas are filled instead with painted lines on the ground and some equipment and construction materials. There are several more advanced stasis cells set up, the type that use force fields to keep prisoners inside, probably installed as a stopgap until the brig could be completed.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Well, fine. Shyar dragged the trooper by his ankles down to the brig, patted him down, and set him up in one of the stasis fields.

Then she went back to find Zavi and ask a pressing question. "You said you found this place because it was all dark-sidey, right? Can the GT do the same to us now?"

((Take 20 to search, 34.))
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2020-05-21 at 06:07 PM.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Zavi just stares at Shyar for a moment, before bursting out laughing.

"You know, just 'cause Kikari and I both have fur doesn't mean we're the same person. She found it, go ask her!"

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Alright, if you don't know," Shyar said, going off to ask Kikari the same question.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Colossus in the Playground

"They...may be able to, yes," Kikari answers from the spot she's found herself, which is a chair where she can sit cross-legged and focus her mind. "I am not a scholar, but I could sense this energy because of what happened here, and what it was linked to. I have been too focused on not letting the echoes get to me. I can check now, to see if it remains. One moment..."

Show
    I'll take 10 on UTF for 26 to sense dark sidedness.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

Shyar: you pull a One Sith standard issue blaster pistol, vibrodagger and a comlink off the soldier.

Zavi & Kikari: while the Dark Side presence is still there, it is much more subdued than before, nowhere near the crushing fear and despair it was previously. It is unlikely anyone off the station would be able to sense it but the Force works in mysterious ways.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

9. - Top - End - #699

Kikari reports her findings to Shyar.

"I hope that this information is useful," she adds.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbolic sine View Post
    With the Shadowhawk safe inside the hangar and the doors closed again, Gial felt pretty confident in the base's camouflage. Leaving Danko to begin repairs on the ship, he took the turbolift up to the control room and started his painstaking hunt for access codes, overrides and backdoors.

Show
    Taking 20 for 42 Use Computer to remove/replace as needed and become the true master of the station.
    Spoiler
    Show
    somehow I missed this, my bad.

Gial finds the security around the main computer is not exactly world class and it isn’t long before he breaks in and has full control, for all the good that does. The main computer is not yet hooked up to all the subsystems it usually is. Gial has access to comms, cameras, turbo lifts, and doors, and that’s about it. Everything else has to be done manually.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"It helps me rest a little easier," said Shyar.

Then she went to find Gial. "Have you found their camera logs yet? I'm curious what was in that box that was all so important."

12. - Top - End - #702
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I wasn't looking for that yet, but the console's unlocked. It's all yours for the viewing, I have stuff to do." Gial said, leaving the seat to Shyar and heading for the turbolift.

Show
    To do "everything else".

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

Unfortunately, the camera feeds aren't yet hooked up to the servers which could record and archive their footage, so there are no logs. You might be able to gather some clues if you head to the room Maladi emerged from; there are no cameras in that room.

Gial discovers that a great deal of the computer and technical equipment for the base is either missing or still sits in pieces on the floor, or even in their factory boxing. He could start working on putting things together so the control room can act as a 'bridge' of sorts, but he'd need the others' help.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Blast," Shyar said, then went back to the lift to take it down the the room Maladi had emerged from.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

Shyar heads down to the room the Sith emerged from. Inside the normal door is a roughly spherical chamber, about twelve feet across, with a small platform raised in the center. Every inch of the walls, ceiling, and floor, everything except the top of the platform, is covered with carved sigils or markings of some kind but Shyar is not able to understand them. The whole room exudes a kind of unsettling feeling, like she’s being watched.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2020-05-25 at 06:43 PM.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Realizing she was out of her depth here, Shyar quickly retreated to find Kikari again. "I think the Sith had a room set up as some kind of shrine or something. Symbols all over, a pedestal in the middle, and wicked bad vibes all over."

17. - Top - End - #707

"Oh." Kikari opens her eyes to glance at Shyar. "I suppose I could look at it. But I warn you I am no scholar."

18. - Top - End - #708
    Titan in the Playground

Sith chamber:
    The chamber is clearly infused with Dark Side energies, but they’re much subdued from before, and and even as she studies the markings, Kikari senses it decreasing even further.

Kikari is able to identify the glyphs as Sith markings, but she’s unfamiliar with the forbidden language and is only able to get a sense the chamber is used to focus the power of the Dark Side somehow, and she also discovers a triangular indentation at the top of the pedestal at the center of the chamber, where something once rested.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #709

"This, it is some kind of channeling chamber for the Dark Side," Kikari tells Shyar, as she regards the room like a shadow might jump out at any second. "The dais, it makes me think of a Holocron - they are like computers, but with knowledge, dead people's, inside. But they are not used to store power...or I don't think that they do. We should..." Her brow furrows in concentration. "Scan it, take pictures, recordings. Send them to the Jedi. Maybe they will tell us how to dismantle it, safely, but even if they do not, it will tell them what Darth Maladi is doing, which is good, yes? Blowing up big places like that is bad for business."

20. - Top - End - #710
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"What do you mean, safely?" Gial, having caught the last part of the conversation, said as he stepped inside the chamber. "What could happen if just tore it down? It sure is one creepy room, though."

It felt like he was being watched.

"Anyway, I need some hands to make the control room an actual control room."

21. - Top - End - #711

"What would happen if you found a new engine, one of a kind you had not seen before, and then you decided to treat it like any other engine? People would call you a fool, and it may explode in your face, and then you would be dead," Kikari explains. "This is not an engine, but...the dark side, it sticks to things, and lurks, and a great deal of it was just here. It would be foolish to treat is like any other room when we do not truly know what it is or what it does."

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Maybe your new friend, that master?" Shyar suggested as Kikari brought up the Jedi. She shivered and looked over he shoulder. "They can't like see us in here, can they? I swear that one follows me around the room," she said, pointing at a glyph on the wall.

"I'll give you a hand as soon as I figure out just what the Sith are up to. None of this makes sense. And I hate when things don't make sense." She headed back up to the control room to trawl through the computer bank again. She decided to start looking at comm logs.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Titan in the Playground

Shyar heads to the control room to try and pull the logs, but the databases which were supposed to store the communication logs aren’t hooked up. Anything prior to the current day has been overwritten. On today’s logs, she finds the time stamps of the calls with the GT transport, and prior to that, only a few calls from the Medical level, requesting assistance with maintenance like fixing power couplings or doors.

Combined with what Gial has found, it looks more and more like there’s plenty of equipment on the station, but Maladi’s band didn’t have the technical expertise to keep the lights on in the partially constructed base.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2020-05-27 at 08:54 PM.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #714

"Oh, before you go," Kikari says to her two criminal companions. "Could one of you search the records for any Nautolans that were in Maladi's employ here?"

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    "Oh, before you go," Kikari says to her two criminal companions. "Could one of you search the records for any Nautolans that were in Maladi's employ here?"
    Unfortunately there are no records of any nautolans because the databases aren’t set up... but there is a prisoner in the brig.
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #716
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Yeah, but I mean...can't we just rip the walls and toss them out? It's a room. It can't explode."

"...it is pretty creepy-feeling, though. I'll trust you on this, I suppose."

"There are no records, I'm afraid. You'd sooner find a luxury resort than an installed server on this damn asteroid. No wonder they wanted to blow it up." Gial replied, then went to search for Zavi to enlist her as well, and swung by the hangar bay to see of the Shadowhawk's repairs were coming along (and possibly enlist Danko, too).

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

When Gial finds Zavi, she's actually in the hangar bay. She's not helping with the repairs to the Shadowhawk... mainly because she's not very good at such things. Instead she's just picked a corner of the bay and gone to 'sleep'. Well, to a Jedi Trance, technically, but Gial's probably the only person present who knows she's capable of that.

When he approaches her, the response is a distinctly cool "What now?"

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I need hands to make some basic control infrastructure, this place isn't even half finished."

"Also, we found a creepy Sith-room. Kikari says we should ask a Jedi how to safely dismantle it. Any insight on the matter?"

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"A meditation chamber, I'm guessing. On the one hand, we really should keep it intact until we can show it to the Jedi as proof the Sith are active in the sector. On the other, Darth Maladi can probably scry on the chamber at will. Take some holos for evidence and then blast the place apart with explosives. Then fill it in with duracrete. Unless it's near enough to the surface we can cut that section off the base and leave it behind when we jump again. That would be better.

As for the control chamber,
    " Zavi gestures at the people working on the Shadowhawk. "Why don't you borrow some of them instead? Most of your tools are built for people with more, and smaller, fingers than me. And frankly I wouldn't know how to use them even if they did fit my hand."

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Scry!? ...yeah, that chamber's blowing up, no question about it."

"And...yeah, I'm not looking for technical help. There's stuff to move and unpack. I'm asking everyone to chip in."
    Gial replied, then turned to the ship and called out to Danko (or commed him, if he wasn't in sight/too far).