New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Episode II: The Gathering Storm IC Thread 3

Zoccom:
    “No good, we need someone competent in charge,” Lusk replied.
    “Ok, I’ll make some calls,” he said, “tie up any loose ends and then contact me for a meeting point.”

Coruscant:
    You hustle past the function rooms to the elevators, making sure you can see yourselves on the cameras on the way. There are two elevators at the end of the hall, along with restrooms and a balcony. Where do you plan to wait?
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Will do," Shyar said. "Good night," she said, stifling a yawn, and then terminated the call.

"I could use some patching up before turning in," she said to Zavi.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2019-08-10 at 11:04 AM.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

As soon as the lift he called - after checking the real-time feed of the cameras inside to make sure it was empty - arrived at the floor, Gial got in, pushed the close doors button (after Kikari got in as well, of course), and quickly set to open the control panel and connect his datapad to the control system.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Mechanics: (1d20+20)[24].
    Use Computer to Improve Access if needed: best of (1d20+22)[25] (1d20+22)[33].
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"That, at least, I can manage. Is it just chemical burns from that home-made cryogun? Or did some of the guys manage to land blaster shots as well?"

Zavi would head for her supplies as she was talking. No point in making Shyar wait for treatment. Deliberately slow doctors didn't tend to get defended as well in combat as their faster counterparts... for some reason.

"We should probably try to get the kid appointed deputy for whoever takes over this world. Not a great idea to waste the talent, and replacing the entire command structure just convinces people to try resisting us."

Once she'd recovered her equipment, Zavi would take a minute to examine Shyar's wounds.

"Alright, nothing immediately life-threatening. Since you're not in danger anymore, and you've used a medpack today already, it's not a good idea to just slap in another round of bacta patches and stimulants and call it good. So here are your care options: Number one, I can stick you in a healing trance. It'll take about five hours to heal you up. Number two, I can break out the scalpels. That's often faster, but way more painful." In Shyar's case surgery would heal her twice as fast on a healing-per-hour basis. "And number three, I cover you in bandages and salves and send you to bed. That'd take you two or three days, but you don't have to spend them all in bed."

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"This wouldn't be the same trance from that story about your mother, would it?" Shyar asked skeptically. "How long for the surgery?"

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Not sure. Worst case, they're about the same speed. Tougher people can generally pull through with less knife-time. Won't know for sure how long it'll take you until I try it, though.

And yes, same trance. If you're worried about that story, remember that the alternative you're considering involves me sedating you for several hours and cutting bits of you open while you're out cold. If you don't trust me to get you in and out of the trance as promised, you really shouldn't trust me to perform surgery.
    "

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Shyar glowered at Zavi for a moment, contemplating whether to bring up local anesthetics.

But any way you sliced it, the time table didn't work. "What do I have to do for this trance?"

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Trust me, mostly. As I believe I mentioned before, it's impossible - as far as I know - to induce the trance in an unwilling creature.

Pick a position you'll be comfortable in for a few hours. You can trance however you like, but if you try doing it flopped over the arm of a chair your neck and spine are going to be whining about the abuse for hours after you wake up.

Jedi, being Jedi, tend to get into their favourite meditation position to trance; Personally, I think you're better off sinking deep into a comfy chair or just trancing in bed. Just pick whatever you'd feel comfortable with.
    "

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Bed sounds really good about now," Shyar said, getting up and loping along towards her quarters, then flopping into her bunk.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2019-08-13 at 08:06 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Colossus in the Playground

Kikari hands her weapons, sans cane, over to Gial before making her way to the lift they expect the buyers to take. She makes a few subtle alterations to her outfit along the way - adding some glasses, hiding her hair under a hat, and wrapping a tightly-fitting but easily-removed coat around herself. She reaches out for the gaps in the Force as she goes, readying herself for her plan.

Spoiler: Phase
    Show
    Taking 10 for Phase and maintaining it.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Coruscant:
    Gial opens the panel inside the lift and it takes a minute for him to decipher the mechanism inside. It’s relatively easy to disable, but there is a complication, there’s a breakdown notification system, if the lift is inoperable it sends a signal somewhere, probably so it can be checked and/or repaired. Disabling the system would probably take another minute, or he could do it fast.

Spoiler
    Show
    dc 15 mechanics to take your time to disable the notification system (one minute), 25 to do it fast (half a minute), or you can leave it as is.

Gial estimates rerouting the controls of the second lift is possible but it will take a minute or two to open it up, make the adjustments, and put it back together so it doesn’t look like it was tampered with.
    Spoiler
    Show
    dc 25 use computer, higher roll means it’s done quicker.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Coruscant:

Kikari hastily disguises her appearance on the way to the lifts and conceals herself in the second lift. Gial finishes up disabling the first lift in record time and checks the cameras to ensure the coast is clear, but when he opens the doors to the lift, he is shocked to see a pair of individuals about twenty feet away. The cameras were definitely clear!
    One is a dark skinned bald man, tall and solidly built, and the other is a shorter grey skinned alien, carrying a black case. Both are dressed wearing flowing white robes.

The two don’t break stride as they continue walking towards the lifts.
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Shyar emerged form her trance rested and refreshed, a mood which lasted all of five seconds before she shrieked and recoiled. Luckily, she realized it was Zavi and not a wookiee standing over her bunk before delivering a debilitating jab to the neck. "Don't do that!

"Why didn't I see you come in like you did back in the cabin?"
    she asked, now a lot calmer.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

What the!?

How was it possible? He would have noticed a spoof. It made no sense...which might mean they were using some weird Force power. That was bad. Very bad. Especially since he wasn't done.

He couldn't just walk away, though, so he tried to act the part of the repairman; after testing the fruits of his work with the unresponsive call buttons, he snorted in frustration and went back inside the cabin to open the control panel (again).

It was mostly pretending, but he took the chance to check if it looked like there was any way to interfere with the other lift from there (including crude things such as tripping some surge protection to cause everything to shut down); if Kikari decided to steal the pearl anyway, they had to escape with as much head start as possible.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Coruscant:
    Gial would have to access the elevator shaft / exterior to shut down the power. The trap door is visible in the ceiling.

The two arrive at the lift.

“Is the other lift working?” the dark skinned one asked, gesturing to the one Kikari was currently concealed within.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Yeah, sure." Gial replied almost absentmindedly, turning one eye towards the two. "They operate independently."

F*** the designer.

"What's your problem, you piece of junk?"
    he then muttered, seemingly focusing all his attention back on the lift, heaved another frustrated sigh, and pulled out his cable dispenser to raise himself towards the ceiling hatch to go inspect the electrical apparatus.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Coruscant:

The duo press the button for the second lift. The doors open with a *ding* revealing Kikari inside.

Gial is able to haul himself up on top of the elevator car, granting him access to the mechanisms which control the lifts.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-08-20 at 08:45 AM.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Training, mostly. Your mind isn't used to operating... independently... of your body, like mine is. Hard for you to keep alert for five hours while your body's asleep and your mind has nothing to do. Plus, you probably can't see through your eyelids like I can."

Zavi started making a perfunctory follow-up check as she continued talking; But there really wasn't anything still wrong with Shyar at this point.

"Don't worry, I didn't write stuff on your forehead while you slept or anything. Sure, I thought about it, but there's no audience and you'd have ample opportunity for revenge before we rejoined the others, so, y'know, maybe next time.

Actually, I tranced up in the cockpit. Easiest way to know if I need to wake early is to be sat in front of the control panel with all the access alarms armed. Remind me to buy new cushions for the pilot's chair when I'm next out shopping. If that's where I'm getting my sleep in future, it could do with being a lot softer.
    "

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Despite reassurances, Shyar had a sudden need to touch her face to check for foreign objects, nevermind it wouldn't detect writing. Actually, it was mostly because Zavi had been so quick to bring it up.

Finding it clean, she stretched and started her morning routine.

Arriving at the laundromat at the appointed time, she was back in character. "Today, we're going ta tally up what's in da vault. And since Mr. Sarangi's no longer wit da program, we're going ta find a new place ta move it ta."
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2019-08-21 at 10:28 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Zoccom:

“I was wondering what he did with that,” Jas said.

“Have passcode?” Felton asked.
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Keeping tabs on Kikari's movements through the cameras, Gial readied to short everything and turn the lift into a windowless prison as soon as she grabbed the pearl and escaped, but there was little he could do to help until then.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"...Sithspawn," Shyar said.

"Does anyone happen ta know what Mister Jenos' birthday was?"

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Zoccom:
    “Uhh,” Jas said.

Felton shrugged and made a small grimace. There was a moment of silence.

“Okay, we get loader, get cutter, take vault here, cut open,” Felton said, as a suggestion.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Coruscant:
    The duo step slightly to one side to allow Kikari to exit the lift. Apparently they have assumed she took the lift up from the street.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #295

Kikari shakes her head and gestures to the buttons.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Kikari shakes her head and gestures to the buttons.
    The two enter the lift and the larger, dark skinned one presses the button for the street. While Gial can see Kikari fine on the camera, the other two don’t appear at all.

Since the lift is actually in perfect working order, the doors start to close. Behind you is transparisteel, a fantastic view of the city lights below and other nearby towers.

Spoiler
    Show
    if you do nothing, it’s going to be a simple ride down to street level, so let me know when/how you want to make your move.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #297

Once the lift has been moving for a few seconds, ensuring that Gial has likely noticed and set his moving as well, Kikari's hand darts out to phase through the bag, swipe the pearl, followed by her leaping through the wall and into Gial's lift.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Coruscant:

The pair realize what’s going on just a split second too late, as Hazuki phases into the other lift. With a snap and a sizzle, a crimson lightsaber blade pierces through the wall she just exited from, stopping just an inch away from her shoulder. Glowing molten durasteel starts dripping down the wall of the elevator.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Hmm, nah. We have specialists for dis kinda thing. Dat won't leave da vault useless. We just need ta move it ta a secure place.

"Now where did da droids go?"
    Shyar asked, starting to poke around.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    "Hmm, nah. We have specialists for dis kinda thing. Dat won't leave da vault useless. We just need ta move it ta a secure place.

"Now where did da droids go?"
    Shyar asked, starting to poke around.
    There are no loader droids at the laundromat.

“We have loader droid in basement of strip club,” Felton said, “maybe don’t go there. We strong, we carry, use that.”
    He points to a hand cart, used to maneuver the washers and dryers.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-08-28 at 10:05 PM.
    TC for short