New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Episode II: The Gathering Storm IC Thread 3

"At 300 big in da hole, I expect ya would," Shyar commented. "Let's go."

On the way, she pulled closer to Zavi and asked in hushed tones, "How do ya want ta play dis? Close da account, or take da insurance money too? I wish we had mister Jhrris out here, I bet he could do insurance fraud."
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Ooh, right in the ego. 'Jhriss could do it' indeed. Depends if they make a droid do the claim assessment or not. I can commit insurance fraud easily if I can get face-to-face with a person. Worth a try, if we've nothing more urgent to do. I take it the others aren't ready to meet up yet?"

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"He said he was busy, but for 300, I got all da time in da world."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Zoccom:

Jas leads the group to a familiar residential neighborhood. It is now very dark and the streets are mostly deserted. You realize this is where Quest had brought you to recover your weapons.

“That’s his house,” Jas said, pointing out the property in question from about 300 feet away. The lights are all off.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-07-21 at 11:56 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"You can pass through walls, right?" Gial asked Kikari. "We really only have two options here. We let them take the pearl and then follow, or you run in there and snatch it. I'm not sure which is the most dangerous, and I can't force you anyway. But you have to decide quickly."
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Let's hope dey're sleeping an' haven't fled da sector," said Shyar. "Da two of yas hang back a bit," she ordered, pulling a hoodie up over her head and going up to the door and knocking.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    "Let's hope dey're sleeping an' haven't fled da sector," said Shyar. "Da two of yas hang back a bit," she ordered, pulling a hoodie up over her head and going up to the door and knocking.
    There is silence for a moment, then the door opens a crack with a chain keeping it from opening further. Sarangi is there, still dressed.
    “My family’s sleeping, what do you want?” he whispered.

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry, missed this post.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-07-28 at 07:52 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"It's ya lucky day, Mister Sarangi. I got an offer ta make all ya debt go away for good. Can we come in?"

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

"It's ya lucky day, Mister Sarangi. I got an offer ta make all ya debt go away for good. Can we come in?"
    Sarangi looks confused for a moment.
    “Okay, let me come out,” he said.

The door closes and he undoes the chain before slipping onto the front porch.
    “Jenos?” he asked.
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Mister Jenos is in da morgue. We run dis town now.

"Unfortunately, we've found da late Mister Jenos was no good at bookkeepin'. So if ya tell us about all da operations ya ran for him, we'll write off ya debt."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Zoccom

“I don’t understand,” Sarangi replied in a hushed voice, “Quest told me my debt was cleared, she did some favor for you?”
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Did she now?" Shyar asked, drawing her baton and rapping on the porch railing to snap it open.

Then she paused and took a deep breath. "Rather than argue, just tell us what we need ta know, an' we'll never bother ya again."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Zoccom:

“Whoa whoa, I’ll help, no need to get physical,” Sarangi said, “I just ran the bounties mostly, I wasn’t really on the inside. I do know where he moved the vault though.”

“I have your word, right? I pass you the bounty info and the location of the vault he moved from my office before he torched it, and we never see you again?” he asked.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-07-29 at 11:01 PM.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Dat's funny," Shyar said, slapping her open palm with the baton. "I distinctly remember takin' a smugglin' job from Mister Jenos in ya office, standin' right next ta ya. We'll need dat too."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

"Dat's funny," Shyar said, slapping her open palm with the baton. "I distinctly remember takin' a smugglin' job from Mister Jenos in ya office, standin' right next ta ya. We'll need dat too."
    “I don’t want any part of this anymore,” Sarangi said, “there was only one other smuggling job he asked me to do, to Muiridon, but they got picked up by the GT patrols and arrested.” If you let him, he retrieves a few items from inside, and passes you an address and a journal with a list of past bounties.

“The vault is there, and that’s a list of bounties I registered for him,”. he said, “that’s all I know, really.”
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Shyar didn't look happy, but she took the list anyway. "Ya have our word. Never again.

"A friendly word of advice, Mister Sarangi. Stay away from whatever it was ya was doing. Ya nice really sick her neck out for ya, an' dis is a one-shot offer."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Zoccom:

“No no, I should have never borrowed the money in the first place. You won’t hear from me again, I swear,” Sarangi says.

Spoiler
    Show
    where to now?

Coruscant:
    Kikari reaches out with her feelings, probing, searching for the beacons of light or darkness, presences strong in the Force. She focuses on the area where the function rooms are, but isn’t able to sense anything out of the ordinary. Either nobody in the room is strong in the Force, or they’re hiding their presences.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

In the meantime, Gial quickly erased the text on Anfopor's commlink and then made a last attempt at searching for the hotel's planimetry - it was possible he could follow the buyers with the cameras, but without a map trying to get ahead of them to lay an ambush would be pretty difficult.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Erasing the text is here. (1d20+22)[32] to search for the planimetry again.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Coruscant:
    Gial is indeed able to download floor maps of the hotel from the fire escape plan. As near as he can tell, above the three function rooms are guest rooms and possibly part of a hallway.

The meeting is about to wrap up soon, and the two parties are probably going to leave in different directions.
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Who else knew where da vault was moved?" Shyar asked.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

"Who else knew where da vault was moved?" Shyar asked.
    “Nobody,” Sarangi replied, “Jenos used droids to do it but I followed the hover sled.”
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-08-05 at 09:15 PM.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Gial searched the floor map for alternative routes that lead from the function rooms to the outside without passing through the lobby.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"An' where's da droids?"

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Coruscant:

Gial does indeed find an exit that doesn’t pass through the lobby. There are a pair of lifts that descend from a hallway adjoining the function rooms all the way down to street level.

Zoccom:

“I don’t know, they were just loaders, and the teller, but that one was deactivated,” Sarangi replied.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Satisfied nobody would loot the vault while they slept, Shyar nodded. "Good night, mister Sarangi." And she turned on her heel and walked off the porch.

"It's been a long day for all of us. Go home, get some sleep, be at da laundromat at nine. Tomorrow, we start fresh."

Once alone, she turned to Zavi and smiled. "Dibs on first shower."

Sure enough, once back on the ship, Shyar lost no time hitting up the refresher. After scrubbing away the soot and grime, she placed a call to Lusk to tell him the good news.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Satisfied nobody would loot the vault while they slept, Shyar nodded. "Good night, mister Sarangi." And she turned on her heel and walked off the porch.

"It's been a long day for all of us. Go home, get some sleep, be at da laundromat at nine. Tomorrow, we start fresh."

Once alone, she turned to Zavi and smiled. "Dibs on first shower."

Sure enough, once back on the ship, Shyar lost no time hitting up the refresher. After scrubbing away the soot and grime, she placed a call to Lusk to tell him the good news.
    Jas and Felton rumble wearily and both head home. Later, Lusk answers the comm call.
    “Go ahead,” he answers.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Jenos is dead, and we're in control of Zoccom now. Unfortunately, he doesn't keep good records, and we killed his 2nd in command too, so we may have lost a bit. It seems most of his operation were local to Zoccom.

"But there's another problem. I'm hot. He recognized me because of that funeral holo. And I think a customs inspector almost did too."

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

"Jenos is dead, and we're in control of Zoccom now. Unfortunately, he doesn't keep good records, and we killed his 2nd in command too, so we may have lost a bit. It seems most of his operation were local to Zoccom.

"But there's another problem. I'm hot. He recognized me because of that funeral holo. And I think a customs inspector almost did too."
    “Good job,” Lusk said, “don’t worry about rebuilding, as long as we have a decent person in charge we’ll make sure they’re successful. Have anyone in mind?”

“That’s not good,” he said, tentacles waving, “we already purged the files. If the GT’s still looking it means someone’s taken a personal interest in you. We could get you a mask and a medical certificate, but you wouldn’t be able to take it off most of the time. Other than that, how do you feel about facial reconstruction surgery?”
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Two of Jenos' boys saw the way the winds were blowing and changed sides. Humans. One's nothing more than a blunt instrument, but he is pretty good at it. The other's a little green to be running a planet on his own, but give him some tutoring... I say he has potential."

At the mention of surgery, Shyar looked away from the holo and stared at her reflection in the glass underneath, tracing a cheekbone with her finger. "I guess I'm not too attached to this face. Beats converting to some backwards religion that requires wearing veils in public."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Hmm. Ok, we can do this.

Gial typed a few commands to spoof the cameras that could catch them on the way to the lifts, as well as those inside the lifts themselves if there were any. "Hurry." he then said to Kikari, getting up from the couch. "We have to get to the lifts before they do. Keep tabs on the buyers." he added, terminating the call with Anfopor's commlink.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Use Computer (1d20+22)[39].