New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243
Results 1,261 to 1,267 of 1267
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto SoundITP IC 1: A Melancholy Song of Hope To Come

Senko briefly goes sparkle-eyed at the heroic shinobi.

Later, once the Nara has said his piece, Senko says hers: "Wow," her voice dripping with dry sarcasm. "You used quite a lot of words to call yourself a coward."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2024-01-20 at 03:51 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Titan in the Playground

Miyabe Nara:
    "....Your point? We're not samurai. And what kind of foolish courage is it to make emotional connections to people you'll fight in wars anyways? To have some tragic duel lamenting how things could be different later down the line? To be emotionally manipulated to betray my friends, family and village? No thanks."
    There were many aphorisms and teachings to quote from the Art of War, from her ancestor, but Miyabe knew the general rule they all added up to: win before the battle even starts. Win the war before it ever happens.
    "All the factors of Konohagakure are superior to your village in a fight: numbers, training, bloodline access, tactics, resources, everything. By all relevant factors in war and thus in this proxy we call the Chuunin Exams you have already lost. The smartest decision for you and your nation is to simply not pick a fight, to not try and oppose us when defeat is certain. Do you not see? We have already won. It is inadvisable for your nation to fight us, as any tactics they could to extend the conflict in their favor through irregular warfare would also begin to destroy their own country. Similarly it is improbable for you to triumph in this exam, as there is only one Sound team and many Leaf teams. Its statistically improbable that you'll triumph over so many others. You might as well give up."
    "Why you-" Kimiko growls and begins to grab her blade when Miyabe says
    "Oh go ahead, show off your skills, I'd love to get more information to beat you later with."
    Kimiko freezes, growls and backs down.
    "Yeah thats what I thought. You want to not fight, don't start anything. The best way to be peaceful is to keep your head down and be silent so the boat isn't rocked and the people in authority can take of it without complicating factors."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #1263

"What kind of foolish cowardice is it to refuse to try and make anything better for fear that you will inevitably fail and get hurt?"Senko asks back."We are born into a broken system, but instead of trying to fix it you simply perpetuate it with a justification built on fear and the inevitability of pain. Worse, you act as if you take pride in such fear."

"Let me tell you something, Nara: To live is to suffer. I have gone through pain that I doubt you could begin to comprehend..."
    Senko pauses briefly as she flashes back to waking up in aftermath of her first rampage. "Something that has haunted me and defined me my entire life... But I would rather live and suffer through it a thousand more times than refuse to do the right thing. To refuse to make a difference if I have a chance. The chance that I could leave this world better than I found it is worth any risk. Even if it costs me my life."

...Something clicks in the back of Senko's head, as if... As if she only just now internalized her own argument. There's a noticeable shift in her posture as she takes her guilt and grief and just... Let's go. And realizes something.

She starts laughing.Not sarcastic, not sadistic, just... Gentle. Kimiko and Yuyuyu would have never heard her laughing like that before.

"As for our odds of winning in this proxy war...? Why does that matter? It's not the winner who gets promoted, it's who gives the best showing and... You want more data? I'll give you more data. Let the record show that Nara-san asked for this and that this is no threat, everyone here is a witness."...Senko seems to be using contractions on purpose now and generally speaking much more naturally

Senko pulls off her robe and hands it to Menko, who has been in human form following since getting angry earlier.

Standing there in her shorts and undershirt, Senko takes a deep breath and presses her palms together. And then... She lets go of her grip on her chakra and lets it flow.

Immediately an aura of purple chakra enshrouds Senko as if she'd lost control, a bonefire-like aura but no markings are spreading across her skin. Her hair stands up and grows longer before beginning to glow a bright orange and ruddy, brick-colored markings form around her eyes in a shape resembling a magatama, or perhaps stylized teardrops? Finally, a pair of horns resembling her "Oni" forms but somewhat smaller and more proportionate push their way from her brow as her aura dies down.

"I am Senko Senju. I am a direct descendant of the exile Daisuke Senju and through him Asura Otsutsuki and the Sage of Six Paths. I am the Hebisennin, the youngest sage on record. I will never stop fighting for a better tomorrow. That is my nindo."

...Senko is bluffing. Real Sage mode is a lot more intense than her previous transformations. Already she can feel the strain, at her age she can't maintain this form for long... But it's not like anyone else here knows that.

"So what do you think our odds are now? How many Leaf Genin can use Honored Sage Mode?"

Menko is staring at Senko, starry-eyed.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I hope this is okay. I'm sorry but this just felt like a perfect moment.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Titan in the Playground

B]Miyabe Nara:[/B]
    There is a difference between knowing something intellectually, and knowing it viscerally.

Intellectually, Miyabe has some idea that reveal one's capabilities is dumb, and the knowing what Senko can do and what she is aiming for are good things to know about her. Furthermore she knows some of the Thirty-Six Stratagems reference what Senko could be doing such as "Stomp the grass to scare the snake" which is a tactic of doing something un-aimed but spectacular to startle the enemy, or "Make a sound in the east, then strike in the west", essentially a distraction, something like that. That confusion, showmanship and so on are valid tactics to warfare for certain effects. So she knows that what Senko is doing could just to scare her, or a bluff or whatever. Intellectually she knows she should just be observing right now or whatever.

But viscerally, what she feels is that Senko is pulling out a weapon essentially, and making some of a threat, declaring a willingness to fight no matter what for a cause, viscerally she feels that this could go south if she doesn't do the right thing, she feels as if she isn't prepared for this. She feels as if she didn't expect provocation to work, that she was really intending to make them go home and live better lives and now she is being confronted by someone is being ride or die about her cause. That is dangerous and scary to see up close. Her eyes are wide, and she shuts her book closed, a bit afraid as a drop of sweat falls down her face. It was like feeling killing intent but......not killing. It was Intent that was for sure, it had similar force behind it.

Unfortunately for Miyabe and other people who grow up in broken systems even if they realize the system is broken, it is hard to imagine how they might live without it. Especially if like her, they train to know and gain experience in its ways such as war. Those who master the wheel cannot break it. She is so focused on war, on the system as it is that she can't imagine a world without it, and thus can't think of a solution outside its mechanics.
    "....Okay then. Being dramatic. I'm just going to go....somewhere else now...."
    She will quickly depart, as well as Asanagi, Koichi stays looks concerned
    "You don't feel like your doing well Senko....I'd suggest not taking their words to heart. Not everyone sees the world the same way. I want to do the best I can, help who I can but...there are just some people who don't view the world in terms that make sense to me or you. You sound like you want to help people as well, and thats good- but some people can't even see anything as help, or as heroism, and one has to help people regardless of how they are seen. Get angry at every person who doesn't believe your helping and you'll never stop, I suggest relaxing, you'll help people more with a calm mind- but I've got to go as well."
    Koichi will save bye then head out after them.

Moving On:
    After that, you'll travel further through Konoha and hear strange sounds down an alley way and a voice saying "get back here!" then a "ha got you!" then strange....sucking noises?
    "whats going on?"
    Yuyuyu asks and goes to investigate and soon if you go to investigate you find Kyuketsuki Yuria having bitten into a rat, crouched over, her legs bent and looking mortified that she is caught doing this. The rat drops from her mouth and she looks fearfully at Team 3
    "....Your Kyuketsuki right? from Ame? why are you...? Eating rats is pretty weird."
    Yuyuyu says with an eyebrow raised
    "Please! I-I-I-I can explain! I'm not a threat I promise! I don't want to hurt anyone!"
    Kyuketsuki stammers out, her arms held up, looking like her whole word is crashing down around her
    "Thats suspicious"
    Kimiko replies "What about you is so dangerous that you have to say that your not a threat in the first place? and why are trying to eat a rat in an alley? Normal food is available and I doubt you don't have the money even if your from Ame."

5. - Top - End - #1265

"...Of course, Koichi-san. I will consider your advice."

Senko powers down as soon as everyone leaves and pops a soldier pill as soon as she can do so discretely to help with the internal damage she inflicted on herself with that stunt.

Later

"It doesn't matter if she's dangerous, Kimiko-san. What matters is if people perceive her as dangerous... Or if she perceives herself as dangerous. I can relate."

Senko is still speaking with a much more natural tone.

"Look at her teeth. Unusually sharp. That's not exactly common outside of the Land of Water and people with ancestry there, and yet her teeth look... functional, rather than cosmetic"

"If I had to guess... Kyuketsuki-san has a bloodline that makes her a born predator and has been made to feel bad for being what she is."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Titan in the Playground

(OOC: How has more than two weeks passed since my last reply!? time is stupid. also I've been getting constant bad gateway errors)

Kyuketsuki:
    "I....you can say that..."
    she says nervously pushing her fingers together a bit
    "Its a very weird bloodline. I drain chakra from things with these teeth, and I even have a dojutsu to use genjutsu on things to make them... vulnerable. I found out my nature in a....bad way and turned myself into Ame, and they call me a chakra vampire or a jiang-shi, not exactly knowing what else to call me. The curse of this bloodline is that uh....well....my chakra is imbalanced, towards Yin energy, and thus I constantly get hungry for yang energy and thus seek out living beings to drain them of yang energy until I correct the balance, because I don't produce enough of it on my own. If I go too long without doing so, my body forces me into a feeding frenzy, and everyone starts looking.....delicious."
    "Thats horrifying..." Yuyuyu says in sympathy
    "Yeah, I know. I'm a monster. So I make sure that I find nonsapient animals to drain from, hunt them, like these rats so I manage it before I do something.....terrible. So I can be a lesser monster."
    Kyuketsuki says, misinterpreting Yuyuyu's response.
    "Does Ame and your team know?"
    "Yes but....while Kenji talks up a good game about inspiring hope in people I keep seeing him avoid me and be uncomfortable around me- he is a rat summoner after all. while Okita....she's focused on her own goals, always "revenge against the Senju" this and "make my own fame" that. and Ame isn't exactly a great place to grow up in general. The whole city is a bunch of ninja gangs and factories kept together by Kishori's iron fist to make things stable, and thats an improvement over the leaders we use to have....but a bunch of gangs at each other's throats isn't exactly a welcoming place..."
    She says sadly
    "and I have to keep it secret in a place like Konoha....who knows how a respectable, prosperous place like this would think of me. You...won't tell anyone will you? I know I look like a threat but I promise I'll keep it under control! I'm not dangerous to anyone...well except to the targets on a mission, but what ninja isn't? "
    "True" Kimiko says "Technically you are no more dangerous than any other ninja, so really people should only be suspicious of you for the usual military reasons."
    "I don't think thats the point, Kimi" says Yuyuyu
    Kyuketsuki decides to ignore that exchange and focus on Senko
    "You said you can relate? I'm not sure anyone could relate to what I am. I feel this constant...horror at myself, because I feel good when I feed but feel terrible for feeding. What could possibly make you sympathize with a worthless parasite like me?"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2024-03-17 at 05:42 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1267

"...Actually, everything you've just said made me relate more to you. You were at the meeting near the HokageMonument the other day, right? Do you recall how I noticed an older boy, Toshiro Watanabe, and how he ran from me in terror? Right after I mentioned that there was a bounty on my head?"

"The incidents are not unrelated: He and I come from Debuita, a small rural village near the border of Rice and Fire. Go there and there and all you'll find are ruins and a mass grave."

"Because when I was six years old, I didn't want to eat my carrots and the resulting argument with my parents got me upset enough that my bloodline kicked in early. My bloodline that put me at risk of transforming into a terrible ogre and going on a homicidal rampage when I got too emotional about something. Or if I let my reserves of chakra grow too full."

"It took me until... Not even a week ago, if we're being honest, before I stopped hating myself. And this doesn't leave this alley, but it was only ten minutes ago that I finally got it under control... Huh, should I reverse summon Menko back to the village to tell Uncle and Sensei or should I surprise them in the third round?"
    She muses to herself. "Anyway, I am going to give you the advice that someone who loves me gave me: You are not a monster just because you have the instincts of a predator."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks