1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto SoundITP IC 1: A Melancholy Song of Hope To Come

Who Naneko would choose to convert?

Morning Phase I

Masuku declare.
    "Good morning town! Everyone wake up! A murder...."
    she pause dramaticly
    "No one died tonight! How ever someone was converted to a cult! So shall who we excute?"
    she blink.
    "And oh. A fun ticket to all the survivers of the night!" and she deal a single ticket to any surviving player.

Mayuwu assume that Kimiko is a selfish Ashigaru, but keep flat expression.
    Usagi start the random(?) accusation game pointing at Mayuwu:"You have a face of a murderder! You must be a yakuza!'

Mayuwu raise an eyebrow.
    "Ridiculus. The roles are dealt in random, but accusing someone out of the blue... would be convient for the Yakuza. Now wouldnt it be?"

Usagi burst "Dont you think I know that? if I was Yakuza I wouldnt blame people on a whim!"

Raizo raise his hand politly. "What stopping us for deciding together to reveal our roles? I am a citizen, I have no reason to fear the truth."

this by it's own is a known tactic.
    Of course, there is no gurantee the one who offer a total reveal isnt a Yakuza.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2022-09-23 at 05:50 AM.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Colossus in the Playground

"The thing stopping us from revealing ourselves is that there is nothing stopping us from lying. The suicidal wins the game by being killed, and so could just admit to being the Yakuza or the Oni in an attempt to be hung. And obviously, any actual Yakuza or Oni would jut claim to be a civilian."

On the other hand, if people are getting tickets for surviving a round instead of just for winning the game then that changes Senko's plan considerably.

"I will, however, second Usagi-san's vote to hang Mayuwu-san. His belligerent personality makes him an agent of chaos. If he's a civilian he could spend the entire morning round arguing and result in a hung vote. If he's an Ashigaru or a Yakuza, he could refuse to vote with the others out of spite and waste a night phase for lack of unanimity. It is in the best interest of the civilians, the Ashigaru, and the Yakuza to remove him from the game as soon as possible."

"...Sorry Mayuwu-san, but it is just cold calculus. You understand, it is part of being a ninja."

Senko means the last bit, by the way But she also means what she said about him being a liability. She doesn't see eye to eye with Hizuka, but Hizuka is intelligent and they're both professionals, they can probably come to an agreement if it's just the two of them but if Kimiko is removed from pay Mayuwu is likely to refuse to agree with them simply becuase they're girls.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-09-23 at 07:33 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

Naneko:
    She would choose.....she'd want her convers to fly under the radar. People like Kimiko, Usagi or Senko or would lead the conversation too much, be too big of a target for the yakuza or hangings. So instead she chose to convert Yoroi, he seems underwhelming and beneath notice for some reason.

Kimiko:
    "All good points, Senko. Which is why I'd like to reveal that I'm the Oni, and that all your faces look particularly ugly today, hyuhyu, unlike my natural beauty that comes from being the Shining Star of the Hope Generation. "
    Kimiko says with a grin.
    "Wait, given what Senko just said about lying, wouldn't that mean that this is a Suicidal play?" Miho Kaguya says "She is deliberately trying to provoke us."
    "Indeed." Tetsumi says "If Kimiko is acting like this, then she clearly is doing a bad job of being a Suicidal role, and thus has given herself away completely by not being subtle enough, because you can't be too obvious about being the suicidal or you people will catch on too quick. Clearly we shouldn't vote for Kimiko. No real Oni would speak up and out themselves like that."
    "But wait" Naneko says "didn't she just drop a long much better diss on Mayuwo like yesterday? If she wanted to truly provoke us, wouldn't she do a better job?"
    "Its hard to come up with insults to apply to everyone's dumb smelly faces, its easier to do it to one person because its personal, and I've never played this game before, but I'm sure I'll win anyways through my unmatched brilliance."
    "....Yeah I think they just gave her the Suicidal role to test if her ego can take losing and her ego interpreted it as the world giving her an easy win. Lets prove her wrong and not vote her." says Naneko
    "Speaking of the Fukaimi, I do third the vote on hanging Mayuwo. after all, if he is Yakuza he'd kill girls repeatedly, and we can't allow that, right girls? Why risk it after all?"
    "I fourth the vote for hanging Mayuwo!" says Hizuka
    "I Fifth that" says Miho
    "I Sixth that" says Naneko
    "I Seventh that" says Tetsumi
    EIGHTH reads Ryone's sign as she holds it up.
    Turns out holding a belief that excludes at least two thirds of the people present from their profession in this game doesn't win you any allies.

Kazuo will not speak up to contest Kimiko's claim, as he doesn't want to out himself and get voted out, and he will Ninth the vote to hang Mayuwo if only to jump on the bandwagon so as to not look like he is going against the current- after all if he did otherwise, they might turn on him next.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

Kinsaiku smile and wonder.
    "You and Ameoku not that diffrent- at least in the boring stuff." she pass her finger over his chest with a smirk.
    "Well... about hypothetcly adding more nations to such hypothetical league beside minor nations... hmmm.. I would say that, Kurokaze Inc preffer to view itself as the protagnist in harem manga."
    Hinting at more sinister desire- economical dominance.
    "Well... it's not like either of you plan to tear the village in civil war, is it? I can see you with a silly straw hat or with your beautiful blue hair free from such restriction."
    She dodge the subject of war in general.
    "I preffer pretty boys as bedmates more then cranky middle aged crazy furries, but let's say... so far people are putting more stocks in the crazy furry lady. But it's about branding. You are cute, I like you.. I will even make a nice report about you, but if the big people will hear it only from me... well.. we have a model magaine too!"

--------
    Masuku inform Yoroi of his conversion by slipping him a note during night.

Raizo try to puzzle out Kimiko.
    Mayuwu "You are allowing your prejudice to guide you." he say.
    Gurasu with a bit of hesitation also vote against Mayuwu, Yoroi just sigh and shake his head.
    "Kazou is awfully quite" Mayuwu notice.
    No one reply.
    Raizo is confused from the power of enomisity he sensed here. This was worrying.
    Mayuwu might be a prodigy by his own right- but being able to cooperate and being socialy acceptable, is a ninja skill as any other.
    Masuku announce. "The town has hanged Mayuwu! And rightfully so! Mayuwu was a Yakuza!"

Mayuwu get up with a stone face and walk outside of the circle, to sit contmeplate of how he has lost so fast.
    But not before he is pickpocketing a fun ticket from Raizo, very skillfully.
    He would need it more then the young lord.
    He sat in meditation.
    Mayuwu has heard an answer to his prayers in his mind.
    "You are pathetic- and worse- emotional in a feminine way
    Mayuwu took a deep breath. He will never be good enough. How can anyone be?
    But at least he tried. He tried to live by harmony, and not to selfishly keep the harmony to himself- why couldnt everyone understand their roles in then there would be no more chaos and bloodshed?

----

Binks Sake Bar-

Odayama sigh. "You have nothing to apologize for. You are doing your job. If you want to be nice to me- let me be: I either force myself to cheer up for my children, not to look like a loser to my wife nor my team. Here, everybody know exactly what I am, maybe beside you- please. This is a rare moment where I can be me.' and drink another cup of sake.
    "I am fine. I have my duties. But for this hour or so, I want to be free to self pity. Ok?" he grunt.
    "I am doing my job, I am just taking a break. Ok? If it bother you so much, I'll find other bar."

Nozojo watch silently, bemused.
    before Mayuwu's loss:
    Nekazoko:"My team is number 1! Gurasu might be the silent type, Yoroi a bit bashful, and Mayuwu a bit jerk- but a geniouse one- I have a complete faith in them!"
    few minutes later*

Nekazoko sigh.
    "Such a waste. But maybe this exprience will teach Mayuwu improtant lesson.... I dont know what biting his ass most Fukaimis at least manage to function with us. Right?"
    She is replied by Fushigi Fukaimi- the head of the nin medic trainings. He was there to check on potential medic nin students.
    18 years old, long eared as most of his clan, wearing a bandana, and wear his clan grey robes, but without undershirt. He wear sunglsses to hide his blind eyes, which he has sacrficed for the Kikukako ability-
    the ability to hear seconds into the past or future.
    Most monks first sacrficed the sense of taste- but he has enjoyed eating too much, and it also helped him with the harder temptation- looking at scandalously clad kunoichis.
    He was on the verge of being worthy to the Junin title, but he was too laid back,he didnt give the final push that was required.
    "Well. I hope I am." Fugishi say.

"We have learned our lesson- in the ninja world, you cant have abilities like of our's without being part of the ninja world. Chokakushu "the heretic" has understood it. His generation have comprised on many princples, so our core philosophy won't die with us. But my little cousin... seems out of touch. Out of time. He spend too much time with our Sokushinbutsu*. I think it unhealthy, but he say it help him to be "true"- he is the most talented among us, I have seen sincd the war. So.. maybe it does help him. I dunno. I just hope, he doesn't make all of us hated."

*https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokushinbutsu

Nozojo ponder.
    "How curiouse... I doubt Usagi gave so much thought, but she led the vote and happened to be right. Is it an instict? Or just dumb luck? Kimiko's game.. she use her name, the respect the others give her. Raizo-Dono is a bit naive... but that understanble. That why I wanted to include him- not just for the sake of the Hope Generation to connect with him, but also to train him a bit, to think like a shinobi. That something his father agreed with me about... so I am rather *hopeful*. Not many Damiyos bother to connect with their shinobis... I think it can be another edge in our favor.'

-----
    Night II

"Town! Go to sleep!" Masuku anounce.
    "Yakuzas up! Yakuzas! Pick a victim!"

-----
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2022-09-24 at 04:42 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #1055

Senko doesn't let slip a sign that she planned to eliminate Mayuwu. Her original plan was, if Kimiko was 'killed,' to use that and her declared rivalry with Mayuwu to cast suspicion on him and let his actions the previous day and his clan's reputation lead him to the gallows to remove a rogue element.

Kimiko hadn't been eliminated, but Usagi had given her the perfect opportunity to remove him regardless.

...Now, Senko isn't sure. With everyone getting a ticket...

Senko thinks she knows Kimiko reasonably well at this point. She doesn't get the impression that Kimiko is trying a double fake out, which means that assuming that Senko is correct about this being a test she's a civilian.

...This means that Usagi is either the cult leader or the suicidal unless she'd been converted in the night.

Mayuwu did have a point, Kazou was quiet. Senko didn't know him, but... Nervous, twitchy, a reputation for being a hero despite that... He's either an Ashigaru, the Cult Leader, or the Oni.

Senko points to him, but also shrugs, as if she's more suggesting it to Hizuka than casting a hard vote.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-09-24 at 05:15 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

Jirou: Bar
    He will just say
    "I'm sorry for disturbing you, Odayama-san."
    to Odayama and walk away, privately wondering how he can't do anything right when it comes to that man and resolving to try and not bother him as much as possible for the rest of forever. If Odayama does something wrong, he'll probably come to Jirou himself.

He listens to their mutterings about Mayuwo. Hm. That boy echoes a lot of his own fears about Kimiko. But he didn't say them out loud. To treat like Kimiko like she'll defect, to bemoan it was to plant it into peoples minds and set her up for failure. Much like some teachers treating kids differently based on different test scores, not allowing them to succeed because they think they can't succeed. He will say
    "Come now, surely Mayuwo isn't that bad? If you give up on him too easily, your fears will push him away more than anything else. Remember that change and raising a child takes time, and that its tricky to get them to learn their lesson-especially getting into their teenage years. He is not good or evil, he is simply twelve. He is still learning about this world, his place in it and what he should do with his life. You can't expect him to get it all immediately, but just giving up on guiding him to the correct behavior isn't a good idea."

Jirou: with Kinsaiku
    He will affect a seemingly mischievous grin and say
    "Ah well y'know how it is. People like us in our position got to handle the boring stuff so we can enjoy the finer things in life- like your company- and not get yelled at for not taking care of the former. And model magazine, sure sounds fun. Beauty like this needs to be shown to the world right? I can't keep it all to myself. Got to flaunt what I have yes?"
    He says, not truly caring about it but if giving what she wants gets what he wants, sure why not. Securing a peaceful world now was the foundation for other problems being fixed later. Someone like Senko could deal with Kurokaze when she gets powerful enough to do something about it. He can't fix every problem- he'd have to trust that the next generation will fix it themselves.

Yakuza, Night Phase 2:
    Hizuka thinks about this. She got rid of Mayuwo because she didn't want to be on a team with him, Senko was the best of bad options. Kimiko was being talky and leading, but Usagi and Senko led the conversation there at the first turn so maybe Kimiko wasn't as much of a threat she thought? She knew that Senko was a Yakuza but why did Usagi...? Maybe Usagi was the real Oni. But then again it was strange that they ended up being on the same team. But why was she pointing to Kazuo? Well he was being quiet and nervous, so perhaps he was the cult Leader as they would want to lay low and build their voting bloc. So she points to Kazuo as well. might as well go along with this for now. She points at Kazuo to kill.

Kazuo meanwhile will randomly decide his next Oni target:
    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

1-Raizo
    2-Kimiko ishikawa
    3-Senko
    4-Usagi
    5-Miho Kaguya
    6-Naneko Masuku
    7-Hizuka Okukaga
    8-Ryone Aihoshi
    9-Tetsumi Shiraki
    10-Yoroi
    11-Gurasu Komoro
    12-Mayuwo Fukaimi

google roll is......11

He ends up randomly pointing to Gurasu. He is privately wondering if Team 1 had bad luck or something.

Ryone, no longer trusting Kimiko due to her wild Oni claim will point at Tetsumi to Protect since she is her friend and she doesn't know who else to pick.

Naneko as cult leader will pick Miho Kaguya to convert as a loyal friend of hers.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

Kinsaiku:
    Kinsaiju giggle.
    "Ara ara. Aren"t you too perfect? Will you think i'll of my dignity as a maiden, if I'll say that I have a camera in my room exactly for such occasion? Next time I'm home, I can gurantee you will be known for your beauty and sense of fashion- of course Kurokaze fashion branding."

Binks Sake Bar:

Odayama drink and ponder
    Spoiler: Odayama's inner thoughts
    Show

Odayama wasnt a real shinobi. He never wanted to kill people. He just wanted to be accepted. To be liked.

His father Hannah, was lower then a peasant, he was... a Buraku*, but a cheerful one.
    He sold flowers with such a bright smile that gave such hope to the desprate.
    Some even has called him the "flower buddah" behind his back. He never felt insulted, and only smiled. During the war, he rode his bicycle, gifting flowers and passing letters from the citizens, reminding the shinobis what are they fighting for.
    Odayama remembered feeling.. ashamed.
    He felt like everyone was patranozing him.
    "There is no shame in having such a father"- So why did they had to repeat it so much? He became a shinobi, to be like his powerful mom, who somehow seen... the dangerouse potential in Hannah.
    He wanted to be respected, only being a shinobi would have upgraded him from the Burakumin caste.
    But his father died a hero, without lifting a weapon.
    His mother tried to murder the hope, but she only ignited it. The "Flower Buddah", became a martyr, and Odayama spent all of his will power to assinate her.
    And then... he became the "hope flower" of Ameoku. And he felt settled down with that.
    But he was weak. a sham. He wasnt that inspiring as his father. He wasnt as strong as his mother.
    He was just another run of the mill Chunin, who cant even do the dishes correctly at home.
    What would his father tell him?
    "-...You are judging yourself so harshly. Even the rival of your family is worried for you. But... that not even it. You know why I was stronger then any of you shinobis? I was free. Free of caring what others think of me- I was just doing my best and enjoying it- anything that is beyond my power,is none of my concern."

*https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burakumin
    Odayama sipped the sake and smiled to himself- more.. genioune smile then usual, and quitly join the other Chunins.

Nekazuko intense a bit at Jirou's apporach.
    Just a hint of intesity- toward the one who try to "steal" the role her sister waited so long for. Her pupils shrink, her hair stand at it's edges- but soften up by his speech.
    "I guess so." she sigh.
    "I just dont know- to kick his bald head when he speat nonesense? to lecture him? To ignore him?"

Fugishi. explain "Well... I think Mayuwu is inspired by the other faction of our clan- the enemies of Chokakushu the "heretic"- he got his name for the big compromises he made, between other things, he was the first to marry... other monks viewed him as a demon. "The Pure Fukaimi" faction, they were called. Chokakushu was killed by them... but they have disspaered, dieing out during the wars with no future. But... sometimes we have members who have admire for the "purists". he explain

"We modern Fukaimis, or "heretic" understand that our idealogy means nothing, if there no one to believe and teach it. Even.. if for certain ninjas our comprmises are never enough" he tease Jirou a bit.
    "...I hope Mayuwu can see this point... but I must say, after our... "intresting" dinner... our head clan looked bad, and well- you taught him to compromise and trust the clan's intrests with a woman- so in a way... you won, but also.. Mayuwu became even.. more closed minded and some of our youth spoke.. purist kind of words, saying our clan "sacraficing our dignity too much" or conspiracies about plans for mandatory ninja education for our daughters. Maybe the best thing, would be to take Mayuwu to be a medic nin, with much less of this tension."

Nozojo seemed to be about saying something, but Odayama join.
    )for some reason I have realized I hear Odayama in this voice:
    https://youtu.be/ek7u6Clsn-s

with bottle of sake offering cups to all of them.
    "Oh,come on Fushigi-san, dont be like that- sure we bicker here and there, but we are still a one village, and I want to tell you- I admire the earth that my wife's feet touch, and the feet themselves- and she is waiting for a decade for this role, and this youngster threatening to take it away- and sure, she is an exprienced reknown hero and admired by the veterans- but please,dont think ill of Jirou-sama.'
    he say softly putting hand over Jirou's shoulder to the frown of Nekazuko.
    "Jirou isnt an enemy. He might be a rival, but he like the village as much as Ameoku. I believe no matter who the next Ottokage is- the village will win."
    he slide away his hand in case, Jirou is uncomftrable.
    "Jirou is brave and wise beyond his years, and the second Ottokage favor him, no need for this gloom; it's natural to be worried for the future, but if our ties can stand the whole power of an angry Hokage, our village can easily pass through a tiny debate over a job. Alright?"

Fushigi wasn't an expressive guy, but something about him has softened as well.
    Odayama wasn't exactly a leader, but he was sort of "everybody's good pal"- and also the son of Hannah.
    Nekazuko sighed.
    "Fine. Fine. You spineless worm" Nekazukk relucantly laughed.
    "Alright. So.. please, let's share a cup of comradarie?" Odayama pour four cups of sake to four of them.
    Drinking together sake.. was a symbolic act.
    Yes. Odayama couldnt be powerful ninja like his mother, or be an embodiment of inspiring hope like his father... but he can be himself and just to be kind, and to do the thing he know he won't regret, and putting at ease tensions...
    was something he could try to do.

-----

Night II:
    Gurasu would have preffered to protect Kimiko, but he isnt strong opinionted so he also pointed at Tetsumi, but then, behind Masuku's back Dai&Doi Komoro, the twin sisters, cousins of Gurasu and members of the Bye Bye kitties do a small gesture to hint for him to activate the Clear Listen technqiue:

*Clear Listen: D Ranked: Ability to listen to a chosen sound, without disturbance no matter what noise is in the background. The range varies depend on the level of the Shinobi, but the "Singer Butcher" is told to be able to single out a voice anywhere in the Rice Land.*

Gurasu perk his ears and hear their soft wishper.
    "You are the target!"

Gurasu all of the sudden point at himself with a confident expression. He hoped the other Ashigarus will.figure that he *knows*

Masuku pass Kaguya a note to inform her of her conversion

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Titan in the Playground

Jirou:
    He considers this: is she just teasing, or is she calling his bluff? Or what if this was a trick? Anti-Imperialist sentiments towards Konoha can be easily be spun or redirected at other foreign powers and thus anyone who works with those powers. Thus if he went too far with this, she could be intending to trick him into doing things that Ameoku could use against him- or at least, things Ameoku might have the opportunity to find out as the head of Anbu. Her reckless personality might be a façade after all: If she intentionally cultivates this reckless warrior battle-hungry image then actually does things more competently than she appears, that would explain a lot. Furthermore how would she have Kurokaze brand clothing fitted for him so fast? The only way she could have that was if she was intend to trap him from the start with this entire conversation. Who would arrange for that? Ameoku if she was trying to set a trap to use those pictures to decrease his standing. But then Nozojo had been playing wingman even though he knew of his engagement to Kikenna which was odd, surely he would know the risks of this as well? So was it Nozojo or Ameoku that arranged this? Was this a test? No. Nozojo wouldn't pull that, he didn't like that sort of thing, he recalled him saying that at some point didn't he? More probably he was just playing wingman to back him up, knowing that what happens in infiltration stays in infiltration. This was probably an Ameoku trap, and even if it wasn't....

His priorities are: Otogakure, Kimiko and Senko, the Ishikawa Clan, and pretty much everything else. Ambitions for more diplomatic relations while something he wanted, did it have anything to do with his priorities? What would Senko say to such a deal? She'd probably call it incredibly suspicious and refuse it on the spot while talking about the exploitation the company does or something, not the most subtle decision but in this case something like it might be the wisest. That and getting too caught up in a side attraction like her when his real priority was Ottomaru would be unwise.
    "Mm. I think not. I thought this was about fun, not business."
    He says turning away.
    "Don't get me wrong, your cute. But I'm going to have to pass."

Jirou, At the Bar:
    He says, thinking upon his response to what to about Mayuwo.
    "....I'm not sure if my experience with my own sister can translate but...the thing is about these little geniuses is that while they're not normal kids, they are still kids. They may know more than most kids their age, able to figure out things that they shouldn't, and talk about things that you wouldn't expect them to understand....but their viewpoint is still flawed, still growing, still that of a twelve year old. Just because a lesson is harder for them to learn doesn't mean we should stop trying to teach it, even if takes more time. When I try to teach Kimiko something directly that isn't a jutsu it can be a bit of trial because she is so capable of arguing from her own growing viewpoint, but that doesn't mean its right to give up speaking to her, just that one needs to go into more detail that usual to get the message across. Though admittedly I've been hands off with her lately, hoping that others can teach her to look beyond the shinobi amorality and drive to be the best shinobi she can possibly be. I think her teammates are helping her. Sometimes it can take a lecture, sometimes its a lesson you learn through small chastisements and reminders, bit by bit, patiently wearing down a mountain with a smooth river until its no longer there at all.

I don't know how I'd teach Mayuwo honestly. Such a thing is a learning process, to figure out how he learns, how he reacts, how to make sure he takes this or that well- and how to break things to him before experience teaches things for you, because experience is the harshest teacher, unforgiving of mistakes. No matter what Fukaimi's beliefs about women the fact of the matter is that all nations still use them as kunoichi, and they can be just as dangerous as men to face in any situation where it matters. At the end of the day, we can all die to explosive tags, no matter who its thrown by. And if he learns the lesson too late? then he'll be dead."

Night Phase 2, Continued:
    Ryone will switch to pointing at Gurasu, not knowing or caring why.

9. - Top - End - #1059

Yakuza night two

Seeing that her suggestion is baked, Senko redoubles her vote to kill Kazuo.

...Meanwhile, under the veil of Genjutsu, a snake slithers out from under her robe and discretely shifts into human form.

Still hidden under genjutsu, Menko pilfers some snacks and then turns around to watch the game.

...Menko has never introduced herself to the other Genin, nor has Senko provided explanation. As far as any of the others know Menkois just some unnaturally pale girl in fancy robes who keeps turning up.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

Kinsaiku-

"Ara ara. It's a shame, pretty boys usually aren"t bold at all." Kinsaiku give a rich girl chuclle. "I can do both buisness and fun... But that ok. I guess you are more shy then you lead on. It's kawai." she offer Jirou a visit card.
    "If you change your mind, or want us to find a mm... "neautral" place to meet, feel free to contact me.'

-----
    Binks Sake Bar

Fugishi nod with a grim agreement.
    Nekzuko sigh. "Yeah...."
    Odayma offer again the sake cups.
    "Come on. Lets drink for the success of our students!"

-----

Morning II

"Wake up town! Wake up!" Masuku call and gift any player a "fun ticket"
    "....A cult has converted another one. And...." she pause for dramatic effect.
    "A murder! A single murder happened tonight! Kazou... you are dead!"
    she point him to go outside the circle.
    "Sure, it seems the town should thank the Yakuza- Kazou was the Oni! How ever, we are town who believe in princples! Someone should be hanged for it! Who would it be?"

Gurasu tried not to express a sigh of relief- Dai and Doi didn't pranked him.

Usagi went again with a random gut feeling:"Yoroi! Look how quite he is! And he is a face of a murderder!"

Yoroi frown. "Are you an idiot? So anyone who isn"t loud, abnoxiouse and annoying like you, red-head is now a suspect?"

Usagi growled. "Well, you are a creep!"

Gurasu didnt knew who were the Yakuzas...
    Well. It probably no one who has voted against Mayuwu. Gurasu thought in a bit straightforward way.
    Yoroi was indeed a bit quite, and Kazuo was also quite and was discovered as the Oni.
    Maybe... the roles werent random!
    Maybe the quite guys were chosen to be the "bad guys", so...

Gurasu raise his hand. "To be honest, a Yakuza would fit you, Yoroi-kun."

Yoroi face palmed. "So.. we are just going to hang gang every time like a mindless angry mob? I might be a teammate of Mayuwu, but I have nothing to do with the nonesense he say. Beside the roles are random... those imaginary associations you two are doing, are stupid." he argue.
    "And you know what? Red-Head was never known for her brain power-"

"Excuse me!?" Usagi hissed.
    Yoroi has continued. "But you, Gurasu.. ain't stupid, but you are lazy- hang gang is a convient tactic for Yakuzas"

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #1061

"Usagi, you need to chill. Impulsively hanging the first person who comes to mind isn't going to work every time. However, I do second the motion to hang Yoroi, but as a sacrificial play. At this point I have no idea who may or may not be a Yakuza but... I am somewhat suspicious that at a party whose guests are mostly ninja would truly be planned to leave things to chance."

"I do not know Yoroi-san, but I know because my retainer has told me that he carries a cursed blade with no regard to the consequences. If there is any chance at all that the roles are assigned deliberately, and not randomly as we've been told, then such a person would be perfect in the role of a Yakuza."

"If he is a Yakuza then not only are we all just that much safer, but we'll know the truth of the tests... If not, he will not have died in vain becuase his death will confirm that the roles are random and this is just a game. Either way his death is for the good of the group."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

Jirou:
    He takes the card and pockets it, not sure if he made the right decision. Stupid politics and shinobi life and Ameoku and not sure if its all a scheme or not. What if he had been worrying over nothing? Kuso. There are some days he just wished he and Kimiko were normal people. But he doubted Kimiko would ever share that sentiment. This kind of 4D-chess overthinking was going to ruin his life, wasn't it? He just knew it. How many shinobi he wonders, ruin their own lives and opportunities through paranoia? He shakes his head. He could wonder about the road not taken later. Ottomaru was top priority.

Morning 2, Kimiko:
    She could no longer pretend to be the Oni anymore. Which meant she had to something else to survive. At the same time, the hang gang clearly won't happen again. Not that easily. Mayuwo had the misfortune of being a Fukaimi who spoke his beliefs out loud right before this with it fresh in their memories. But everyone else....
    Miho Kaguya suddenly shouted, clenching her fist with cartoonish tears in anger
    "Kazuo is dead! NOOOOOO! Even if he was Oni, I must avenge Kazuo..."
    Kazuo is silently thankful he is out of the game because he now no longer has to worry but he tilts his head at Miho as if it say that he is right here and not actually dead.
    "As Kazuo's friend, I must find Kazuo killer! Who would dare murder such a poor innocent genin!?"
    "Well we know Kimiko is not the Oni now at least." Naneko points out.
    "Okay I admit I lied about that, but now I shall become a great detective and begin the real work of solving this murder mystery! Who indeed would desire Kazuo's death? The genin was quite non-confrontational, practically went out of his way to not tick people off. But perhaps the Yakuza killed him because they figured out he was Oni somehow! Kazuo was after all real quiet during the previous round while I claimed to be Oni."
    Brilliant. Her genius has manipulated the yakuza into eliminating another threat to her survival!
    "But this suggests that it would have to be someone smart enough to notice Kazuo being quiet while everyone was distracted by my brilliance, since Naneko is friends with him unless she is more ruthless than expected she wouldn't eliminate her own teammate. Thus the suspects for such a play are: Tetsumi, Gurasu and Hizuka. I notice that Tetsumi in particular got mad and gave her little speech about revenge after Kazuo's story when having that tea party with Raizo, so she might've killed him because her contempt for his comparatively easy mission."
    She leaves out Senko, because why finger a fellow teammate?
    "Wait hold on." says Naneko "You and Senko would be smart enough to notice him be quiet as well! and didn't you lose to Kazuo back when we had that spar between Teams 2 and 3? You could've killed him to get back at him! You agree with me, right Yoroi, Miho?"
    Miho nods.
    "Tch, typical egomaniac paper clan princess, of course she'd eliminate someone over something like that." comments Hizuka
    "and Tetsumi, Kimiko is throwing suspicion upon you, surely she is more likely to be yakuza? She is clearly wanting to eliminate the person who can see through her lies."
    Tetsumi eyes Naneko
    "Yes but you seem awfully quick to try and get Kimiko out, that and its Usagi throwing the first accusation each time both times, whats up with that? Like why would Yoroi kill Kazuo? Furthermore Kimiko could be getting more subtle about her Suicidal play as with at least six votes and two out, she'd have a majority against her to get an instant win as suicidal role. She wasn't defending herself, after all. You might've almost fell for her scheme there. and now Senko is backing up Usagi again, maybe Senko and Usagi are cult, have we thought of that?"
    Naneko, Kimiko and Tetsumi all stare at each other suspiciously, no votes being cast yet. The certainty of the first round, was a fluke of circumstance it seems.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-10-03 at 05:42 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1063

"On second thought, I am changing my vote to Naneko-san. It means putting off testing the true randomness of the assigned roles, but she is casting doubt on us all by simply assuming that people are within certain roles and assigning actions based pre-existing grudges or superficial character traits."

"We must not let this turn into a witch-hunt. Otherwise, we all lose. Either Naneko-san is a cultist or Yakuza who is deliberately trying to make us turn on each other, or she, like Mayuwu-san, is a disruptive element, a self-destructive actor who will bring us all down with her."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

Morning 2, Kimiko and Tetsumi:
    Naneko says back to Senko:
    "But! Your just changing your vote to protect Kimiko, your teammate! That and you were clearly working with Usagi to vote people out! Apparently disruptive element is whatever you don't want, Senko. That and Kimiko cast suspicion on like three people, and I'M the disruptive element here?"
    "I don't know Naneko, by your own logic, your clearly trying to vote me out because as I recall, YOU lost to me in that fight hyuhyu, and now your projecting that grudge onto me and using to try and cast suspicion on all of Team 3, trying to make this about the teams rather than the actual game. Senko is right, we shouldn't allow outside grudges or biases get in the way of our judgement, we should vote Naneko."
    Tetsumi narrows her eyes. She wasn't quite sure this WASN'T a Team 3 vs Team 2 moment. She had to be careful. Naneko clearly had some point about Team 3, but if Naneko is cult, then she had been building a voting bloc for two turns and now had three people backing her- enough to swing votes no matter how much convincing she did, and it would only snowball from here with potential non-cult votes slowly diminishing. If they didn't get her out, her voting bloc would increase to 4 and everyone else would go down by 1, making it 4 to 6, leaving only two turns before she had a majority vote and could just win. Team 3 by contrast wasn't as big of a threat because their numbers were constant. Team 5 could face that, but not a snowballing cult. And speaking against Kimiko or Senko without good reason could get labeled as "a disruptive element".
    "I'll second the vote on Naneko." she says
    "What!? I vote Senko!" says Naneko
    "I second the vote on Senko" Miho says suddenly
    Naneko eyes Yoroi, expecting him to third the vote on Senko.
    "I'll third the vote on Naneko, hyuhyu." says Kimiko
    "I will Fourth the vote on Naneko." says Hizuka
    Ryone will hold her chalkboard reading: 5TH VOTE ON NANEKO

That is currently:
    2 votes on Senko
    5 votes on Naneko
    4 votes pending from: Raizo, Gurasu, Yoroi and Usagi

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

Binks Sake Bar-

Odayama:"Oi oi. I am both proud and dissapointed at Senko- her instincts are so sharp, that she cant just enjoy a game."

Nozojo. "Well. We are testing them, and seeing the truth of a situation it's an important ability for a ninja. I am wouldnt be surprised if Senko would be the first to figure this out. Who knows- maybe she has the potential to be a great Anbu." he say.
    "So far, I am pleased with what I am seeing."

-----

Usagi sigh at Senko's reply.
    "I just dont have much patience, and luck is also a thing! And it worked out the first time, beside, Yoroi could be a cultist- and they freak me out more then the Yakuzas- they dont leave clear evidence.'

Yoroi look annoyed.
    "Look, it's my father's sword. My father was a hero. So your retainer can flip from a cliff as far as I care." becoming quite defensive about his family's heirloom.
    "You seems awfully happy to sacrafice people- why dont YOU volunteer. Eh?"

Yoroi is still angry about his sword, but loosen up a bit, as the blame game seems to went away from him. For now.

Usagi roll her eyes.
    "Well, I know that I know nothing, and if I dont have reasons to suspect my teammates why would I? Kimiko being a smartass, would be a thing she does even as a citizen, and Senko is methodical- for now I wouldnt know." she say.

"I also vote for Naneko- if anyone can figure this out, it's Kimiko. And Naneko is a citizen, I know that Kimiko is a cult leader or a Yakuza." she explain.
    Yoroi doesnt notice Naneko, but he say:"I vote Senko. She jumping her opinion around, and all of team 3 attitude.. is.. wierd".
    Gurasu think. "Well If we are playing teams, even if it's not team vs team, I'll vote with Yoroi- I vote Senko"

Raizo is quite. Listening and observing.
    He was mostly impressed with this game, Kimiko and with Naneko mostly.

It was 6 for Naneko. 4 for Senko.
    Raizo sigh. "My vote wouldnt matter at this point. I pass." No reason to anchor himself to a specific faction- even if it's just a game, it something people will associate himself with.

Masuku count time.
    "So the town has decided to hang Naneko!" she declare. Dramatic pause.
    "And justingly so! congratulations! Naneko was the cult leader!"
    The cultists were now in troubles-
    the Cult is a "glass cannon" faction- only the cult leader can convert, so now Yoroi and Miho were a faction without a night action, hoping to survive and outvote all the others.

"Good night town!" Masuku declare.

Night III

Yakuza phase.
    "Wake up Yakuzas!"
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2022-10-03 at 01:29 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #1066

Yakuza Night III.

If Naneko was the cult leader, then...

Senko turns to Hizuka and then mimes hanging herself while gesturing to Usagi.

She then points firmly at Kimiko. Senko wanted to keep the members of team 3 in play for as long as possible, but Kimiko was both the most intelligent person not in the Yakuza, was almost certainly a civilian, and with the "team versus team" dynamic that started to form on the last round Senko wasn't as safe anymore. Eliminating one of her teammates would throw suspicion off of herself, and if Senko is right about this being part of some kind of pre-chunin exam Kimiko will get over the initial loss when team 3 collects the ultimate prize.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-10-03 at 01:47 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

Night 3:
    Things now depended on the actions of two Genin:

Hizuka: choose Kimiko
    She thinks about this: this was getting teamey. only now it would be mostly between team 3 and Team 5. But Senko just picked Kimiko, and just told her that Usagi was the suicidal role. She could keep working with Senko for this one round to eliminate....but after that? best to push to vote out Senko herself. After all, whatever remains of the game after she could just eliminate people herself without any need for agreements and ensure the victory of Team 5 while avoiding the death of Usagi. Without the Oni or the cult leader to worry about and the Suicidal known to her, Senko had given her the path to victory. She chooses Kimiko as well.

Ryone: Figure out Kimiko's message
    She sees Kimiko flash hand signals to her right before night phase begins, at speeds only Ryone could read because of her muteness:
    TWO. HEBI. HAMMER. ROLES. WEAK.
    She thinks: what did Kimiko mean by-oh right, there were two yakuza left. Hebi means snake (much like how keikaku means plan), and the only hammer user in the group was Hizuka. Was Kimiko telling her that Senko and Hizuka were the yakuza? Why would she think that? and roles weak? She considers the clues: Kazuo was Oni, Mayuwo was yakuza and Naneko had been cult leader. Kazuo as oni probably tipped off the most that the roles were assigned not to their strengths but to perceived weaknesses: Kazuo as a non-confrontational some say even cowardly person was given a highly aggressive role to challenge him, Naneko was given cult leader because she seemly did things in the shadows and was raised as to be a follower as Anbu not a leader, and Mayuwo....if Hizuka and Senko were his teammates perhaps its because they all shared a common problem: they were all genius people with strong beliefs who didn't like each other and thus would be challenged by having to work together.

But why was she telling her this? She was the one person who couldn't communicate any of this effectively: there was only so much room on her chalk board. Could it be that Kimiko also somehow figured out her ashigaru status? So what was she supposed to do with this information? She thinks further: if Kimiko was right, then that means Senko and Hizuka willingly voted out Mayuwo their own teammate. Since she and Gurasu protected Kimiko the first round that meant both Kazuo and the Yakuza tried to kill Kimiko. Kazuo being voted out was of course then because of Senko and Hizuka voting him, which meant they somehow figured out he was Oni. So who was the suicidal role? It had be someone who it would be a challenge for. If Kimiko figured out all this, then surely if she was Suicidal she'd be better at it, yet she had did it badly to give it away....which meant she wasn't really the Suicidal. Who was though? Well if Senko was yakuza and kept jumping on Usagi's attempts at getting people voted out that meant....Usagi was the suicidal! Senko just kept backing her to give her attempts more legitimacy so that Usagi wouldn't end the game early! and Kimiko...she was just an Innocent all along.

But question was, what was their next target? She hadn't worked with Hizuka long, but she knew that she'd vote Kimiko purely because she'd want to get one over her. and if the first round was any indication everyone voted to kill Kimiko in the night phase, then perhaps maybe Senko was willing to sacrifice Kimiko? But that didn't track. maybe the Yakuza simply couldn't agree on that round because Senko wouldn't vote her and Kazuo alone voted but got protected. But they were able to work together to take down Mayuwo and Kazuo, and if Senko was willing to eliminate her own yakuza member, then why wouldn't she be willing to eliminate Kimiko? After all, why else would Kimiko give her this message? the Oni was taken out, the cult leader was taken out, Usagi was known as the suicidal to them, all the major threats to the yakuza were eliminated.

But! She now figures out, that this was a gamble on Kimiko's part: Ryone was Team 5 after all. She could either play for the sake of her team and vote to protect someone not Kimiko to back Hizuka, or play for the sake of the game, and protect Kimiko as a fellow innocent. But if all what she just thought was true, then Senko had betrayed her fellow yakuza and in Kimiko's mind, going to finger her next, and had already tried to kill Kimiko first round, maybe. All the while talking about not playing for outside factors. Though, if they had been intentionally assigned roles that were weak and meant to challenge them....did that mean they were supposed to play those roles to the best of their ability to play them to benefit their team in an infiltration situation? Was this a test of how well you can play your role, or a test of loyalty to your team? The tickets are given out in this game on a per round survival basis, but that didn't say either way, as each PLAYER was given a ticket, not each team. If she chose to back Hizuka, would that be judged as going along with some outside factor that shouldn't matter to the current situation? If she chose to protect Kimiko, would that be judged as betraying her true comrades? But Kimiko gave her this information trusting her to do well with it, can she really just take advantage of her to win it for Team 5 like that? Isn't that betraying the innocent side?

What was betrayal here? What is betrayal in general?

It seems like a silly question in context, but such practice like this was meant to provoke such questions so that one can think upon it later down the line. No matter what she does, she is betraying someone here. In a fun game context sure, so its not serious, but it simulates it nonetheless. Hm. Perhaps she was looking at this wrong. What did SHE want? She thought about the reward: probably going to the Chuunin Exams. Her teammates were....Tetsumi who had become set on revenge after that mission, and Hizuka, known rival to Kimiko, strong loyalist to Otogakure and constantly giving speeches about progress of science and anti-imperialism and whatnot. Hm. Probably not the best people to show up to Konoha, now that she thinks about it. Thinking about the greater good of her village, those two were hardly good representatives of the best of Otogakure in a diplomatic context, and could she and her team really handle the actual Chuunin Exams? Perhaps that was the real test: how socially competent they were when meeting others so that they wouldn't mess up diplomatic relations when they got sent to the Chuunin Exams! It all made sense now! That was the kind of test 2nd Hokage Nozojo would devise!

But this meant she had to vote to protect Kimiko. Despite Ryone's loyalties to Team 5, Kimiko was noble-born and raised and demonstrated that with Senko's guidance she could get socially better and Usagi despite her recklessness could probably be reigned in by Senko and Kimiko. Ryone knew her teammates well enough that it was probably a bad idea to get them started at some Konoha Nin, best to hold off until they can control themselves better. How ironic, that the girl who figures out the closest actual reason for the test, was the person who can't speak, and might never get acknowledged for it because no one can hear her thoughts-well, aside from the terrorist who'd hate her figuring this out. It is after all, highly unlikely that Kimiko ever thought THIS deeply about the situation or knew that Ryone would do this for this reason- all this philosophical, political, diplomatic and interpersonal considerations? Was all Ryone. That it was working in Kimiko's favor was a complete coincidence.

She points at Kimiko to protect her insistently.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Titan in the Playground

Dai&Doi- the Komoro twins also "snitched" to Gurasu that Kimiko was the next target.
    Gurasu readily agree with Ryhone.

Morning III

Masuko anounce.
    "Good morning town! Wake up!" and then deal everyone a "fun ticket'
    "I must tell you... that tonight....." dramatic pause.
    "Went smooth! No murders and no cult activity! Of course, we still have Yakuzas and cultsits among us- and loooot of blood thirst! So let's hang some sucker!" she jump with excitment.
    Of course, they dont have to.
    Everyone can pass.
    Usagi jump again. "Well its Yoroi!"

Yoroi groan. "Again? Then I say it's you!" he bark.

Gurasu look around. Kimiko was targeted again.
    Who would do that? He looked around behind his glasses, trying to discern.
    Well. Kimiko isnt a Yakuza. Someone would think she is a Ashigaru,or simply a danger to them... Senko and Usagi know her well enough- Usagi even dualed her.
    And if Usagi would lie- even that whe would do with bluntness...
    "You know what? Usagi does seems to want to take out people almost at random' Gurasu add.

Raizo tap his chin. "Well. It seems there is someone both the Yakuza target, and the Ashigaru protect at the same time. Someone who is constantly in the middle of our discussions- maybe Kimiko... or Senko?" he wonder.

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #1069

"Naneko gave a rather pointed look to Yoroi during the last vote, almost as if ordering him to vote with her... Since we know she was the Cult leader, that would suggest that—"

"Uhm, hello. I'm Menko," the snake says from suddenly up on the stage. "I'm not playing, just watching... And I'm like 90% sure that these two bat-eared people in the band are giving answers to the bat-eared kid in the game. Just thought that if one person was cheating everyone else should know. Bye now" Menko walks off the stage back to where shear was eating her pilfered snacks. No genjutsu this time, she's just openly there.

Menko had been watching the gameplay from back in the room for a little bit now. If anyone was acting suspicious she'd notice.

Senko pauses, pulls off her robe, folds it, and sets it on a table a little bit away from the game before returning. She is now wearing just her shirt and shorts, which preserves her modesty but offers little in the way of means for Menko to sneak up and whisper answers to her.

"I would like to state for the record that I had no idea that she was going to do that. Look, uh.." Senko's kind of flustered, it's obvious that she didn't plan that and it somewhat derailed her train of thought. "N-naneko-san basically gave away the game, it is obvious that Yoroi-san is one of the cultists. If we vote him out then the cult goes from a voting block to one person and can be easily managed. So my vote is for Yoroi."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

Morning III:
    Tetsumi will say:
    "Wait a minute! Can't you see the pattern that has formed? Usagi accuses someone then Senko backs her with better logic to get people out. We need to stop listening to them about every hanging and just voting them out based on the first accusation. I'm pretty sure they are both yakuza working together to vote people out. And every time a threat rises against Senko and Usagi, she calls it a disruptive element to be eliminated instead."
    "No, I'm pretty sure Usagi is Suicidal." Kimiko says with a grin.
    "How are you sure of that? You claimed suicidal two days ago."
    "Think about it: she has been accusing people with bad logic each time, hoping to get people angry against her and vote her out, but Senko has been backing her vote each time to lend it legitimacy. Rather than working together, Senko and Usagi are working AGAINST each other, with Senko shutting her off each time, using Usagi for her own goals. We can't vote out Usagi because she is suicidal, nor should we listen to any accusation Usagi makes. Meanwhile, while its clear that Senko is probably Yakuza, Masuku-san said there were three yakuza members total. There are still two yakuza in this game. May I draw to your attention that Hizuka is being awfully cooperative with Senko right now? Usually they'd argue about their tech stuff, but she isn't speaking up at all, perhaps she is a potential yakuza working with Senko?"
    "So what, your thinking yakuza is a Senko-Hizuka not Senko-Usagi?"
    "Excuse me, but I am polite enough not to bring up how Senko's biotech ideas are impractical and ludicrous compared to the far more workable, reproducible and efficient technology of metal and steel, during a game. It has nothing to do with this, at all."
    "Hyuhyu, then why do not speak out against her? If your innocent she and Usagi could turn their accusations upon you at any time, but you seem unconcerned about that, Hizuka. And certainly, the two cult members while victory is out of reach for them, joining forces with the innocents to take down the yakuza would at least get you payback to get a win for the ashigaru!"
    She then turns to Senko
    "But, perhaps we are mistaken. I will allow Senko to speak in her defense about her actions, her aggression to vote out people so fast! Keep in mind, if you try to change your vote to me or anyone else and try to convince us that someone is a "disruptive element" again, I will call for everyone to vote you, since you seem to be so keen to vote people out without any defense. Furthermore, we should in the future listen to people speaking in their own defense before making any decisions about voting- we will of course get to the matter of Gurasu and he has to say in his defense about cheating next, and Yoroi being accused of being a cultist. So Senko, what do you have to say for yourself?"

21. - Top - End - #1071

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "Excuse me, but I am polite enough not to bring up how Senko's biotech ideas are impractical and ludicrous compared to the far more workable, reproducible and efficient technology of metal and steel, during a game. It has nothing to do with this, at all."
    Senko turns her arm into a chakra cannon and aims it at a random part of the floor. "Sage Art Ice Release: Diamond Dust"

An icy cold mist emerges from the canon at a rapid rate for two seconds. When it's done, that random spot on the floor is completly frosted over.

"I can assure you all that I have no blood relation to any members of the Fuyuki-clan or other known Ice Release users. It is the product solely of my own research into cellular grafting. The procedure has a near 100% success rate in rats and I imagine it will be ready for trials in humans who lack my adaptive biology within the year."

Senko gives a rather pointed look to Hizuka.""The only limits to my bio-tech, Hizuka-san, are the limits to what cells I can get my hands on. And next time, if you do not want to bring up a personal grudge, do not bring it up at the first opportunity."
    "But, perhaps we are mistaken. I will allow Senko to speak in her defense about her actions, her aggression to vote out people so fast! Keep in mind, if you try to change your vote to me or anyone else and try to convince us that someone is a "disruptive element" again, I will call for everyone to vote you, since you seem to be so keen to vote people out without any defense. Furthermore, we should in the future listen to people speaking in their own defense before making any decisions about voting- we will of course get to the matter of Gurasu and he has to say in his defense about cheating next, and Yoroi being accused of being a cultist. So Senko, what do you have to say for yourself?"
    "If I was a Yakuza, Kimiko-san? Why would I have voted out a Yakuza? If I were a cultist, why would I have voted out the Cult Leader? In both cases, it would have been in my best interest to deflect blame away from them."

"This game is an effort in cooperation and deductive reasoning. At the same time, refusing to vote someone out each morning is a less-than-optimal move as it gives the Yakuza a greater chance to kill in the night or the cult more time to convert others."

"So, in the absence of clear evidence of who is and is not a Yakuza or cultist, the most sound strategy is to find the people who are the most disruptive to group cohesion during the morning period. The people trying to engage in out-of-game factionalism or start witch hunts are either 1: Bad at the game and going to drag anyone else down with them or 2: One of the factions that most benefits from a lack of cohesion. The fact that Usagi-san's wild accusations have lined up with a Yakuza and an obvious cultist are simple coincidence, and nothing more... Unless she is an Ashigaru, in which case I drastically misjudged her behavior."

"But the most conclusive evidence of my innocence, Kimiko-san, is just how similar you and I truly are. You know as well as I do that we are both too pigheaded and arrogant for our own good. If either of us was anything other than a civilian, we would have given it away by now."

Senko giving away that she'd grafted herself with a bloodline was certainly not a deliberate gambit to give the other genin who did not know her the impression that she couldn't keep a secret when under pressure. No siree, not at all.

"But, as a show of good faith, I will retract my vote against Yoroi-san, at least for now."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-10-09 at 05:49 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

Morning III:
    Everyone jumps a little at Senko's sudden attack on the floor and Hizuka has her teeth clenched seething in sudden, contained fury.
    How? How did she advance her studies so fast, so quickly!? The ability to incorporate such cells into her should be some wondrous discovery, why is she keeping it hidden!? Damn it, I've already fallen behind her! Calm down Hizuka. Perhaps she is trying to provoke me. Maybe she knows this can't last as much as I do. That if we're truly playing for the most tickets per team, then she could be trying to make me act out so she could call for a vote against me. I have to control myself here.
    She grits her teeth resolving to someday get back at Senko for this but not doing anything as long as its in her benefit to keep playing.
    "Senko what the hell!?" Miho jumps a little at the shot, her bone blades reflexively springing out a little before she retracts them "The daimyo's son is RIGHT THERE, you scared me, could've been an assassin in disguise or something, Sage forbid..."
    Tetsumi narrows her eyes at Senko, not sure he she quite believes this.
    "....Cult leader is logical enough for a yakuza to take out. alternate win conditions is a very yakuza thing to be worried about, innocent on the other hand only care if people are bad or not. As for the first yakuza, that was Mayuwo. You could simply be lying about not involving outward grudges and threw him out because you didn't like his values, I don't like them either, they suck but that doesn't you aren't lying about it."
    Kimiko then says
    "I don't know what your talking about Senko, I'm perfect in every way."
    Everyone who isn't Kimiko inwardly calls bull on that.
    "Anyways, we move on. Gurasu you stand accused of cheating by Senko with someone outside of the game using your bloodline, what do you have to say in your defense?"
    When Gurasu finishes she will ask
    "Yoroi, you have been accused of being a cultist by Senko. What do you have to say in your defense?"

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

Gurasu look shocked and flustered.

Yoroi. "How convient,Senko,to have a harem of slaves in your service"

Mayuwu get close. "Wait. How can you take the word of this snake? Who said people outside the game have a say? Me and Kazou can add our insights as well then."

Masuku raise her hands. "No ghosts please." and wave Mayuwu away.
    "But this is true. If you can prove there were cheating- there will be a fine. So far, a summoned animal of one of you said something, and I have nothing beside that."

Gurasu wrap his hands. "Is this a can of worms you want to open?" he ask defenaivly
    "You want us to use people outside of the game? Who ever this one was- she serve Senko, and even if you accept her word, it is as good as coming from Senko herself, I want to counter accuse- Senko try to cheat *openly*- using a fake third party, just because- *probably* that as Yakuza she had failed this night and suspect me of being an Ashigaru"

Yoroi:"I dont understand what make you think I am cultist- I am not that patient with such games, I just joined Gurasu, because Senko has insulted me. So now everybody who vote against Senko is a cultist? So it seems Kimiko now is as much cultist as me, if that the case"

Usagi is angry. "What a stinky pile of bull! I would have no idea what to do as a suicidal. I just want things to move, in stupid boardgames, I do stupid things, because I am boooooooooored. Kimiko should know me- I cant lie and manipulate"
    Usagi try to lie and to manipulate.

Raizo gasp for a moment as Senko shoot.
    "I....have a feeling, that if Kimiko isnt a Yakuza.. the Yakuzas would have targeter her... and the Ashigarus would have protected her- so far what we see, fit. If Kimiko was a Yakuza.. someone would have died this night... so between Kimiko and Senko, I think Senko is a likely suspect- about Mayuwu, it seems he has insulted all the girls here.. so a grudge is likely."

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #1074

"Look, I have very little say over what she says and does and—

"The two bats in the band did a Jutsu behind the game master's back. If they're not helping someone cheat they're trying to put someone under a genjutsu."

Senko immediately breaks a finger to make sure she's not under a Genjutsu.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

Morning III: Kimiko
    She considers this and nods
    "Gurasu is right Senko! if we're taking the word of your third party, that would be cheating just as much if not more than whatever Gurasu has supposedly done. Therefore we must disregard it. I'm sorry but we can't vote Gurasu on these grounds. I'm sure our referee if they catch it will punish them accordingly. and if they don't? Well guess they're a better shinobi then and should be commended for their talent.

I apologize Usagi, but I do have to play to my side of being innocent. Its only a game after all, hyuhyu~ Of course your bad at lying and manipulating: you have yet to get voted out despite being one of the most rash personalities here."

"Yeah I agree with Yoroi on all the stuff he said." Miho Kaguya says
    "Odd how you have nothing to say yourself though, Miho. But everyone look at what Senko just did, recklessly shooting some ice flesh arm cannon in the middle of a game! She just gave away a secret technique she can do a shinobi...in the middle of a stupid game like this. Do we really think she is capable of hiding that she is yakuza if she did such a foolish action just to threaten a fellow genin? She literally gave up a longer term advantage outside of the game for an action with no benefit inside of it. I would say this would make Senko the worst shinobi here, more so than even Usagi! This combined with the third party snake issue and the fact that she voted out Mayuwo no matter the reason, and the fact she just openly broke her finger to get out of a genjutsu she suspects is there and its clear that if Senko is playing incredibly badly for a yakuza. Furthermore she just explained her strategy and how both of her votes out have helped the innocents. If she is yakuza, then she is Ninth Innocenting hard right now. She is about as much of a threat as Usagi is.

Yoroi though, I have to take exception to that slaves comment, thats rude I am not Senko's slave. And Senko just rescinded her vote against Yoroi so clearly I have to defy her by voting you Yoroi or I'd be proving you right by not voting you. Everyone except Senko vote Yoroi to prove your not Senko's slave."

Miho automatically votes Yoroi, not wanting to seem like she is the other cultist.
    Kimiko votes Yoroi.
    Hizuka votes Yoroi.
    Ryone votes Yoroi.
    Tetsumi votes Yoroi.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-10-12 at 08:58 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1076

"...That wasn't a threat."

Senko is, actually genuinely confused now.

Alienation and Self-Loathing +1.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

Masuku:"Well, Senko it's up to you- if you stand behind Menko's claim, Gurasu will be punished- but so are you,how ever more severly then Gurasu- you are using elements outside.of the game on the open, and it's up to you, to decide- you can't use Menko and then claim you have no control.over her. Also... not a lot of time left."

Yoroi:"I didnt meant you and Usagi- I meant this wierd girl and the annoying fake samurai girl."
    He grunt.
    "I think it's very clear Senko is a Yakuza. I vote Senko"

Raizo:"Even if Yoroi is a cultist, which I wasnt convinced off yet- they aren't dangerouse at this point. I am not voting yet, but I lean toward voting Senko" he say carefully

Ussgi is very annoyed. She is doomed.
    "I wil wait a moment as well"

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #1078

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Masuku:"Well, Senko it's up to you- if you stand behind Menko's claim, Gurasu will be punished- but so are you,how ever more severly then Gurasu- you are using elements outside.of the game on the open, and it's up to you, to decide- you can't use Menko and then claim you have no control.over her. Also... not a lot of time left."
    "Punish me for what? You can't honestly hold me responsible for what she did. I did not 'use' her, she elected to interfere of her own accord. Unless you have proof that I asked her to watch for anyone who was cheating—or more importantly, that I asked her to cheat on my accord—then punishing me at all, let alone worse than the person she alleges to be cheating, is simply you using an arbitrary excuse to sabotage my performance in the game. Aren't you supposed to be impartial? Now I'm wondering if this whole game isn't rigged... Punish him or do not, I honestly do not care, but all I have personally ever done is play the game by the rules we were given."

"...Also, the thought occurs to me that I've never introduced Menko to anyone. And she's never been n her true form without using a genjutsu to hide her movements since we left the village. The only people in this room who should know that she's a summoning animal, other than myself, are my teammates so I have to wonder how you knew that she was a snake."

"Look, you don't have to punish anybody.

Menko walks up o the stage again and hits right next to the Band.

"If they cheat again, or it turns out that they're trying to put people under a genjutsu, I'll bite them. I mean, if whatever they were doing was part of the game then they wouldn't have done it behind your back, right Masuku-san?"

Yoroi:"I didnt meant you and Usagi- I meant this wierd girl and the annoying fake samurai girl."
    He grunt.
    "I think it's very clear Senko is a Yakuza. I vote Senko"
    "They are not a harem. Menko isn't into humans and I'm pretty sure Tomoe-san is involved with her roommate."

...You may recall the awkwardness a mission ago when Ichika found out that Tomoe was a ronin.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-10-16 at 01:13 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko:
    "Yes technically it is a mistake on my part to even say that Senko was accusing Gurasu of anything. Menko acted completely on her own and I mistakenly reacted to Menko saying anything at all. I apologize Senko, I realized my mistake too late and accidentally implied you did something that you did not, that was deceptive of me.

As for you Menko....You put your summoner at risk with your actions. Next time, perhaps only tell the referee of your suspicions instead of making a scene."

Others look at Kimiko wondering if this was an honest mistake, an actual attempt to get Senko out, or faking an attempt to get her out to make it look like they're not collaborating.

30. - Top - End - #1080

"...Also, and this thought just occurs to me... Did you not say that the penalty for cheating was you kicking us? Uh... You know how some people claim that their bodies are beautiful temples? Mine is more like a booby-trapped fortress. I really do not want to be responsible for you breaking your foot."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks