New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto SoundITP IC 1: A Melancholy Song of Hope To Come

Kimiko:
    "Really, you wanna go legless wonder? I just took out a high bounty ninja, what are you in comparison to that? I won my spars constantly back in the academy, what makes you think anything has changed?"
    Already she was thinking in her head how the fight would go, Usagi's style was not usual, but it could be planned around. Already she was figuring how to get close.
    "What? you mean a duel? No! Our village does not benefit from you two beating each other up!"
    "The Chuunin Exams disagree. People come to those to see ninjas duel one another, don't they? We'd just be practicing to help make the village money and to qualify become Chuunin ourselves, no biggie."
    She says trying to wave her off.
    "You just want to beat up the disability girl because you don't think she is capable of making it as a ninja. Thats unfair and wrong. You know she can't beat you, there would be proving anything, no point to such a thing other making Usagi feel bad. Step off before you make this something ugly."
    "Hey, I'm not the one who threw down the gauntlet. I was just contributing valuable assessment of how well we did so we can do better in the future, SHE turned it into challenging me. I know this kind of thing is half-pointless, but my clan is noble and has to project an image of strength, if I turn it down the challenge they'll see it as a failure to raise me to be courageous enough so I can face whatever challenge comes my way without running from it, and thus a form of shame. Even if I don't particularly buy into these ideas they are still there in society and thus need to be considered.

Believe me I don't want to beat up a disabled person either, but this is one who qualified to be a Genin, and survived a fight with Futility-San. Whether or not she is fit to be a ninja, there is something stubbornly capable about her, and I know enough about combat to keep it nonlethal for both of us."

Yuyuyu looks at Scratch-san and Fumi-san
    "Please talk these two out of this idiocy."

Meanwhile with Jirou:
    Mistuko considers the news.
    "Okay....she took out a high bounty ninja. How is this not a thing to celebrate? She is proving more and more to be a genius! A prodigy that should be given every opportunity to excel! Perhaps we can argue into promoting her early."
    "Please, Oka-san. There are wider forces at work than just us. The Sound Village has its current position because we were willing to sacrifice so much during our attack on the Leaf during the war- and thus by being granted a hidden village and a land to defend, we have made sure we cannot ever repeat such a desperation tactic. The Sound Village cannot continue on the power of the Last Shout alone, if we are ever attacked and we have to use such desperation techniques in such quantities again, there probably won't be enough of a village to rebuild from that."
    "This is true, my son. But what does this have to do with Kimiko?"
    Mitsuko says, raising her eyebrow.
    "The Leaf Village, whom we attacked is also one of our closest neighbors. They have used the fact that we are simply not as strong as them to have an edge in their negotiations and treaties with us, and that if we were to resist their demands, any warfare that breaks out would likely result in our fall, whether by their hand or our own and thus we aren't in a equal position when we need to deal with them. They are not happy that they lost, but as long as the Sound Village is weaker than the Leaf, they can basically push us around and have their revenge through still being one of the most powerful and wealthy villages in the world that ensure they get favorable terms at the bargaining table while we don't. As long as we're the relative short end of the stick, we continue existing. Kimiko threatens that."
    Mitsuko leans forward in concern.
    "How so?"
    "Because if her accomplishments become too great, too fast she is going to start looking like one of Konoha's favored uchiha geniuses that make Jounin at age eight or a potential kage or whatever, only Sound-flavored. Such figures bring great strength and innovations to their villages do things that improve the lives of effectiveness of everyone in their village! Which could start looking like a real threat to the Leaf if left to grow."
    "You think that if becomes too great too fast, they will try to kill her to keep Sound weak?"
    "It is a possibility, but not the first one they'd pick. There is something worse and more subtle they can do first: offer her an education in Leaf so that she may one day return here to improve Sound. On the surface it would seem beneficial, but it the Leaf's greater opportunities for education and experiences that Kimiko would not otherwise experience would put us and possibly the rest of the Sound into the Leaf's debt and make whatever she accomplishments she achieves in improving our clan and village only happen because of them. Given her goals, she would not turn down the offer to learn completely different jutsu she otherwise would not have, and they'd exploit that to start shaping her to have an opinion favorable to them and their interests, just think of a Kimiko Otokage who is more inclined to give the Leaf favorable terms than they already have. Especially to clans like the Hyuuga or-"
    Basically if she looks too much like Itachi, Kakashi or Minato Namikaze, they'll want to snatch her up and make her a Leaf nin in all but name and headband then put her back to be their puppet.
    "Those. Kami-Forsaken. Uchihas. and stupid red eyes."
    Or even shudder, the Uzumakis if they still exist.
    "Indeed. And we don't know if the Otokage can or will work out a deal where he doesn't send Kimiko to the Leaf without ticking them off. We need to make sure her accomplishments are kept quiet. We are not a major village with great power and resources to protect our prodigies who can afford them to be famous and feared, nor is our clan powerful. She grows too great, too fast and she will either get killed, or made into a tool for somebody else. We can't let that happen, and we can't let her get overconfident. Its the only she'll be safe if she is going to accomplish things like this."
    Mitsuko considers this and nods
    "Very well, we'll...curb too much praise, spread rumors that it was a bit lucky and emphasize that it was a team effort. Make sure she doesn't look to stand out to keep her safe as word spreads. and be sure to sternly lecture her when she gets home, while I am proud of her doing this, we need to make sure she has a realistic assessment of what foes she can face. We cannot shield her forever, but hopefully by the time other villages catch wind of Kimiko's true genius it'll be too late for them to tempt or kill her easily."
    He bows
    "Thank you....Okaasan."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi

Usagi strangely remained silent. Both of them looked down on her. Banter with them will be meaningless. Words are free. Action ls are work.
    She gave an image of someone stupid who attack recklessly. But it wasn't the full truth.
    Usagi only does so, when she doesn't has intel to work with- instead of hesititate she try to shock her opponets.
    But with intel, she can think fast and be cunning. This is the way of the rabbit-
    Rabbits aren't as strong as their main enemy- the wolves. They rely on their speed, and when this doesn't work, they will create a situation where it will work.

Usagi wanted to teach Yuyuyu a lesson as well, but Kimiko were her main target. Mind readers would be surprised at how methodical Usagi can be.

https://youtu.be/0TsE01qdy5A
    Usagi with sudden move tear the front of Fushi's top, letting her cleavage spill out.
    Fushi gasped and fell back. "Kya!' Shocked and scared- she was afraid Usagi stabbed her in the chest.
    Distraction number one.
    Usagi get up suddenly, tossing bell needles at Kimiko and Yuyuyu.
    It won't be lethal, but anyone with instincts intact will focus on the sharp object that fly at her.
    If they stabbed- so it make the next move even easier.
    She now pushed herself to jump and spin, between her two allies, sending her hands to grab their headbands and tear it from them.
    If succeed, Usagi fall on her face, but roll herself to a sitting point with a wide grin. "I am never helpless! This is my ninja way!'

If she fail, she land on one hand, using her free hand to toss more needles at them. "I challenge both of you, just to give you a fair chance!"

The Pathologic Section Of The Ottogare Labs.

A lean and tall shadowy figure walked into the operation room. The signature triangle hat of the Village's leader was apparent.
    "Oh. The Ottokage! What a honor! It's good you have arrived. He has ears of the noble clans. We should-"
    "Burn it" the Ottokage said coldly. The second Ottokage usually led the village with a smile and optimism, even at the grimmest situations.
    Maybe there were stronger Sound Ninjas. But no one of them could lead thr village with such positive energy. So the scientists were confused and scared.
    "But-"
    "Fine. I'll do it.' He made few quick seals and the corpse flared up.
    "Why, Ottokage-Sama? The ears were-"
    "Get the rest of the evening off.' The Ottokge commanded.
    - ...but..."
    - -"NOW!'
    - The scientists ran away. The Ottokage fell to his knees and wept.

https://youtu.be/wEWF2xh5E8s
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko: Be A Total Vegeta About This
    Usagi half succeeds. Yuyuyu jumps away from the sudden movements and Usagi doesn't get her headband, Kimiko on the other hand is angered and blushing by Fuishi getting attacked like that then slashes the bell needle out of the air- only for her head band to be taken and Kimiko to get even angrier and slashes any other bell needles out of the air, furious that Usagi read her well enough to take her headband, snatching it back, her voice seething with rage.
    "That is it! You want a fight, you got one. but you made a grave mistake: I'm the one being challenged, so I get to choose the time and place, and I choose Tomorrow morning after breakfast, on Training Ground 4. Be ready, Legless. Because I will put you in your place, and I won't even need Yuyuyu's help to do it."
    Kimiko reties the headband then turns and stomps away, ranting to herself.
    "But-but- ah screw it, I'm not getting involved in this stupidity. I'm finding some kids from our class to start a betting pool and buy some pocky for myself to watch you two beat the idiocy out of each other like your some rivals in a bad manga."
    Yuyuyu then walks away, rolling her eyes.

On the way home, Kimiko is ranting to herself:
    "That stupid low class legless excuse for a ninja! How dare she-she- disrespect her elders like that. Fuishi is too pure for this world to be....treated like that! As a noble Ishikawa elite, I clearly have to teach her humility. How did she grab my- Rrrgh, it must've been a fluke. Caught me off guard when I was celebrating my greatest victory yet. Mark my words, that won't happen a second time."
    Careful Kimiko, your Princess of all Ninjas is showing there.
    "I just have to prepare all I can for the fight tomorrow. exploit all the advantages I can. and she will pay for what she did to me and Fuishi."
    Also your kind of white ronining (AKA: this worlds version of white knighting) right now.

She gets back home and calls out while taking off her sandals
    "I'm home."
    "Kimiko Ishikawa, we need to have a talk."
    Ah, full name use. This was serious. She walks to the living room to sit respectfully across from his mother on a mat, her mtoher flanked by a few other adults of the remaining Ishikawa Clan.
    "what is it, Oka-san?"
    "I have received news that you killed a high ranking ninja today. Is this true?"
    "....Hai."
    Mistuko leans over and slaps her.
    "What were you thinking endangering yourself like that!? Don't you know your supposed to assess the danger of your opponent properly!? You are the future of this clan! You cannot afford to take risks when greatness is at stake! Your personal glory does not matter if the clan suffers! Be more cautious next time, or you might be able to come back next time, and remember what your purpose is."
    Kimiko so much wants to speak up, to say that she didn't have a choice to face him, that he was pursuing her, that it wasn't apart of the mission, that she succeeded didn't she, that maybe it she has to take risks for greater glory, that she was a ninja she had to put her life on the line to protect those commoners, that was what she supposed to do. But none of those words come out, her mother generally did not like talkback, and she instead says
    "...Hai. Oka-san."
    Anything else you'd like to tell me?"
    "....Usagi challenged me to a duel. I accepted and will be going there tomorrow after breakfast. I will be preparing throughout the night for it."
    She gets slapped again, the blow stings just as much as the first.
    "Agh! When did a genius become so foolish! You are putting this families pride on the line, girl! You better not lose this, I did not raise a loser. You lose and I'll have train you real hard to make up for it! Lets get you prepared, my daughter isn't losing to some low class ninja."
    "...Hai. Oka-san."
    It didn't matter if her mother was angry about this, she would show that no-leg ninja what the difference between them really is, Kimiko thinks angrily. As she is taken away to make her plans, Jirou watches silently from the sides, wondering if he made the right decision to temper the celebration with her mothers way of teaching caution.
    "...Its for her own good. Right?"
    He whispers to himself, hoping someday he will believe it.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi smiled widely. She caught Kimiko off guard. Not only in the direct combat sense. It was fun, but not what mattered.
    She lost her cool, and Usagi couldn't bare how statifying it was.

Usagi felt emotions that there weren't there before. Sort of. Excitment. She cared about her relationship with Yuyuyu and Kimiko, and wht they thought of her.
    Usagi limpered home. She won't have time to sleep tonight. But she wanted to meet Tsuru. Beside, the burns were treated mostly, but she still was hurt.
    At their decaying aparmtent, Tsuru has prepared fast made noodles. Usagi has noticed in the trash can, on the package, that the noodles were expired. She just smiled.
    "Aha! I won!'
    The one handed eldery woman, raised an eyebrow, as she placed the pot on the table.
    "Against who?" She asked softly.
    "This baka princess. Heh! She was all smug, and I just jumped and took her headband! She was so mad! Hahahaha!" Usagi laughed and digged into the noodles that smelled just slightly off.
    "But weren't you fighting a missing nin?" Tsuru has asked softly.
    "Eh. It doesn't count. The baka princess stole my kill. Next time, I'll shoot anyway! That will teach her some manners! This baka!" She groaned.
    - "aren't you a team? Your victory isn't induvudial."
    -"Meh. The Princess surely don't view it this way. Why should I?'
    "Is she this bad? Was she the one who gave you those burns?'
    "Haha. She would wish! No. It's from the missing Nin. I don't mind. As queen Nagaishi say:"Scars are our teachers'. No. This baka princess stole my kill, and is being amug about it. And also the chatty one-"
    - "You don't sound very mature calling everyone by nicknames."
    - 'Fine. Yuyuyu said I had no chance winning Kimiko. I must prove them wrong.'
    -Tsuru sighed.
    "I am no ninja. But I am a proud member of the Sound Nation. Only with combined forces we can survive. We are all broken, trying to build something new. Healthy.'
    - "Pff. There nothing broken in this spoiled princess. Nor Yuyuyu. They always have everything easy. They don't understand hardships. They ain't like you and me."
    Tsuru smiled and hugged Usagi. "Yes. They are. They are humans. And they are young girls in your age. Everyone suffer. Some just hide it better then others.'
    Usagi frowned. "Yeah, because having family, money, prestige and all of your limbs is sooooo hard to live with.' She rolled her eyes, and gotten up.
    "Speaking of which... I have work to do.'
    Tsuru looked at her sadly. 'Please give them a chance. I am not talking only about your physical safety... you are a young girl. You should have friends. Joy. Even love.'
    Usagi was at her back toward Tsuru. "I am a Kunoichi."
    'And yet. You are a young girl. Don't shut your heart down.'

Shadow covered Usagi's as he limped out. She didn't answered. Tsuru didn't liked "Edge-Dono" attitude. And Usagi, felt like saying that the pale eyed leaf ninja has shut her heart years ago.

On her way, she seen youth and adults hang out and socializing. She felt so alienated, as she limped on her crotches.
    Did she had this luxury? She had to work so hard, and it wasn't enough- if Yuyuyu is so sure, that she didn't stood a chance against Kimiko.
    No. She... can't go softy. Hard work was all she had. No time for distractions. She folded the crotches, and walked her way on her hands. It looked wierd, but she didn't cared.

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko: Await the Challenger
    She has arrived first in the morning, standing at Training Ground 4. Here she stands, looking determined and cross, yet prideful. The Training Ground itself has a few certain specific features: a few trees, taller than average grass, a small body of water for water-walking training over there, all the perfect set up for what she had in mind. Off to one side is Yuyuyu operating a betting stand with a few other students from their class clustered around it including the Kaguya one there who might be detailed later, with Yuyuyu herself having pocky ready to snack on as she watches. Behind her is Mitsuko her mother and her brother, Jirou, come to watch her defeat Usagi, Jirou looking silently concerned as ever while her mother fierce and judging stands with her arms crossed. They clearly wanted to see what she could do that could kill a high bounty missing-nin.

Kimiko herself stood there waiting, a mix of motivations, emotions and thoughts swirling in her mind. Part of her is doing this out of anger for her own pride, part of her out of some perhaps misplaced sense of nobility of defending Fuishi-san, but now a third part is afraid that she will fail her clan. If she can't win against this low class cripple, how can she hope to win against greater foes after all? Expectations haunt her even now and she must meet- perhaps even exceed them- to keep her head above the water. Even in this small thing, she feels the weight of dead ancestors and history weighing down upon her, and the pressure of living family pushing her up and not letting her rest. She cannot be weak. She cannot be less than what they need her to be. There is no relaxation for an Ishikawa. Success is maintained, not earned. A small part of her wonders what any of this has to do with her goal to learn all jutsu, but accepts that she cannot focus on that if Usagi is distracting her from it. This small part also wishes she was free of all this to pursue her interests, but knew that it was impossible to be at the same time. She can't just step away, for there were many reasons behind why people did anything, and the bindings of civilization are many. Quite simply, she was not allowed to fail.

Meanwhile Yuyuyu ponders her own thoughts to herself: Honestly, she can see this as ending in any way good for either Kimiko or Usagi. If Kimiko wins, it will be seen as Kimiko beating up a cripple, making her look cruel while making Usagi even more passionate to prove herself. If Usagi wins, it will be seen as Kimiko LOSING to a cripple and instead of making people see Usagi as strong, it might just make Kimiko seem weak and make people call her abilities into question, thinking that perhaps her victory over Futility-San was a fluke or that he hadn't been all that much of a threat is a cripple could beat her. Either way, she couldn't see either of them truly winning from this, and the reputation damage that Kimiko could suffer might be more damaging than any physical wound, while Usagi had the cripple sympathy thing going for her. These things can stick around years after they happened.
    "Excuse me what are the current bets?"
    Yuyuyu turns to Miho Kaguya, one of their classmates. She will be elaborated upon someday else.
    "Its 5 to 1 odds against Usagi. Most people think its a safe bet that Kimiko is going to win."
    The few who bet on Usagi she knew were kids carrying grudges from when Kimiko beat them in spars in the academy.
    "Oh" Miho says "Well put me down for one hundred ryo for Kimiko to win."
    She says, setting down the pocket change. Yuyuyu takes it and says
    "Playing it safe, eh?"
    "Its the top student against a cripple in a pure combat setting with the genius given prep time. I'd love to root for the underdog, but unless Usagi has something miraculous up her sleeve, any serious foe will exploit her disability and the strategies that it limits her to for all its worth."
    "Limits her? how?"
    "Well for one, melee combat relies a lot on proper footing, positioning, having hands free and reach, so she can't do that without legs. With her rabbits, she is limited to cavalry combat and/or archery. She could be knocked off her mount. And the fact that she has to summon to move at all makes her predictable. While ninja jump and move so fast that they have no need for mounts most of the time unless they're flying, so even with her mount she is slower and less mobile than most ninja, and the tighter the space, the less useful cavalry and ranged abilities becomes. Not a good combination with her lack of thought. I've no doubt she could still take on ordinary thugs, but there is reasons we train ninja and not cavalry. I can only imagine what Kimiko has in store for her."
    "Good analysis."
    A part of Yuyuyu wonders if this could be solved by a draw, but she doesn't know how a noble clan will take that outcome. They tend to push excellence in their heirs no matter what family they are.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-08-30 at 12:56 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Odayama Sensei has joined the benches, holding on his shoulders a very very young girl, with pale brown hair like his, with two cute pony tails, and t shirt with cartoonish musical note symbol with a smile. While on his shoulders her hands tried to mimic seals. "Unicorn, teddy bear-"
    "Kimiko-Chan, there are no such seals." He corrected with a smile.
    "Now there is!" She puffed her cheeks. Odayama laughed and sat next to Yuyuyu. "Oh. They went out, and made out a whole event out of it. I guess, I won't have time for laundary...'

He gasped, in horror as behind him apeared a fierce looking woman. "Boo!"
    "Nekazuko-san! Stop doing it!" Odayama gasped as lil' Kimiko giggled. Like Nekazuko, lil' Kimiko had striped tail, wishkerd and cat ears, and fangs.
    "Auntie!' She jumped on the strong tiger-ish woman, who had striped skin, which she enjoyed to show off.
    'Haha! So, you can't even keep your students from destorying each other? Useless as usual.'
    Odayama grumbled. "I just went to tell bedtime story to Miko and Kimiko. I didn't knew, they couldn't even handle victory!"
    "Hahaha! I'll never understand what my sister found at whimp like you!' She slapped his back, making him groan in pain.
    'Here. See a REAL team. Number 1. Fitting name.' She gestured toward the trio-
    First is going Mayuwo Fukaimi. His eyes are almost shut, and his very thin and long eyebrows raised in arrogance, as he walk to the benches, his ear lubes waved as he walked.
    He had perfect scores at least as Kimiko had, but was quite hated. He was arrogant, especialy toward women. Maybe, that why the Ottokage has chosen him one of the most ferouciouse female Senseis he could have find.
    "Don't we have something bettet to do with our time, then watching two girls playing at make belief?'
    Nekazuko glared at him with narrowed eyes and needle pupils.
    'Right.' Mayuwu said bitterly, as he sat behind Yuyuyu. Girls like Yuyuyu were the worst in his philosophy. His grey robes spread as he sat.

Second arrived, meekly and akwardly Gurasu Komoro. He was handsome, feminie "bishi' with square glasses. His bat ears fluttered akwardly, he waved shyly, yet in a friendly manner. He had an aura of an "ok guy'. He was booksmart, and helped anyone who had trouble with studies, and were kind- but was strong enough to avoid bullying.
    He obeyed his superiors, but wasn't a snitch. Gurasu was probably the least controversial member of the Hope Generation, maybe second only to Yuyuyu. "I am sure this is just because they both so eager to prove themselves, Yuyuyu-san. Odayama-Sensei. Nekazuko-Sensei just teasing you, I am sure.' He said with a friendly manner.
    Third were Yoroi. https://pm1.narvii.com/6952/78fa2947...5-315v2_hq.jpg
    Yoroi were a son of Ronin, who has fallen in the hands of the leaf village, and joined the Village of Sound, mastering the sword arts, using the katana of his father. He was grumpy, and at odds with Mayuwi. Much like Usagi he was eager to face any challenge.
    He yawned, and all of the sudden, fell into a pit that apeared all of the sudde at the playground.
    "Ksuuuuu!" He cursed.
    "Are you ok?' Gurasu has hurried to his side, but stopped, when Yori gotten up. 'Don't get near here! It's all trapped!'

Usagi apeared from under the ground yawning, all muddy and dusty.
    "Ah. You are all here.' Her eyes have widened to see how much people came to see this dual.
    Before anyone could mock here, Yoroi yelled. "Baka! Why are you trapping the playground, you legless wonder!'
    "If you are too weak to even watch me battle, you can go home!' Usagi woke up yelling back.
    Now energetic again, she looked at Kimiko and her family, and smirked. "Oh? You can't even fight without squad of cheerleaders, princess? Pff. Good thing, they have notning better to do.' She looked at the crowd daringly.
    Odayama sighed. 'I probably should be in charge here..' he left lil' Kimiko in Yuyuyu's hands without asking, and jumped into the playgrounds.
    'Ok. Let's set some rules. No killing. First blood, win. Inablitiy to continue to fight is also a loss. Any questions?'

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko:
    Outwardly Kimiko scoffs and says
    "Your just afraid of losing to a "spoiled princess" in front of a crowd. One that unlike you, actually protected this village and thus did her job yesterday."
    She says back while observing silently: So she trapped this area to. Good at least she isn't completely incompetent. I'd hate for this to be easy. A complex problem is the most fun to dismantle.
    She observes Odayamas rules
    Rules just as predicted in accordance with Sound Village law on dueling. Just the way I want it.
    She draws the Origami No Tsurugi and takes a ready stance, as if to spring forward and close the distance between her and the foe.
    "No questions. I'm fine with those rules."
    She feels her mothers glare weigh down upon her back. Edges are going to be important here.
    "You better not lose this, Kimiko."
    "I know, Oka-san."
    She answer back in an annoyed tone drawing out the last word like "Mooooom."

Yuyuyu:
    She just ignores Mayuwu, as usual. While nodding along with Gurasu.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-09-10 at 06:45 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi narrowed her down and yelled at Kimiko's mother.
    "I guess you are so brave, that you wre sitting behind, while yelling at others not to lose. No wonder, your princess would never handle me, with such an example!" she taunted. It was another small tactic to slightly annoy and annoy Kimiko. But also, she truly annoyed her.

She treated it, as if Usagi was an important yet easy test at school and a real challenge. It was insulting.
    Anyway- before anyone could answer or ignore her antics, she jumped into the ground like a strange mole-dolphin.
    All night she dug a set of tunnels under the playground, and learnes their structure. She could certain earth jutsus.
    Usagi's fame worked against her, as Yojimbo warned. Everyone knew what was she all about, nd Usagi were aware inherit weaknesses in her fighting style.
    She decided to rely on her own strong hands for this battle. She will probably use her rabbits at some point- but as additional power, not her main one.
    She crawled so fast in the tunnels she dug, it was almost as good as the jutsus that allowed the user to swik through earth. She sat explosion talisman where Kimiko stood and at the place she imagined she will walk to.
    For now, she planned to "soften" her target, by losing her trust at the ground itself.
    Kimiko was skillfull, but Usagi, just needed one crack in her concteration, and Usagi will turn it into victory.

Yoroi:"Lame. We can't see what happening."
    Mayuwu:"Don't expect much from such lowly battle.'
    Lil' Kimiko kept training seals of 'dolphin, giraffe' while sitting at Yuyuyu's lap

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko:Begin Battle
    Both Kimiko and Jirou's eyes widen in fear as Usagi insults Kimiko's mother. It was one thing to mess with an heiress, entirely another to provoke the clan head. Jirou looks over and sees Mitsuko glaring even harder in anger at this but silent. There was....going to be words after this, no matter the outcome. Jirou had no doubt of that.

Kimiko meanwhile couldn't focus on that and leaps away from her starting position....to hide in a tree, away from the ground entirely. Her plan had been to basically hide behind the tree as cover from her arrows, using her tree-walking to easily change angle and direction of where she was hiding from Usagi to easily avoid arrows while Usagi would've been forced to constantly using her rabbit to ride around and get better angles to fire from, the idea that the tree would act as shield as long as Kimiko kept track of where Usagi was and thus kept hiding from an angle where Usagi wouldn't hit her. While focused on her, her rabbit would fall for the bear traps placed in the taller grass specifically chosen to hide them and thus get clamped painfully make it harder to move thus making it easier for Kimiko to attack back and score a cut, and a win. That was Plan A.

Tunneling downwards was different than what she thought her opening moves would be, but she knew Usagi could utilize the rabbits to dig in some manner. So she planned a counter for that sort of thing:
    She forms a hand sign and says
    "Release."
    Everyone hears a muffled Boom and a slight tremor. Everyone is confused as to why the big pond in this training ground is suddenly draining. Underground, an explosive tag set by Kimiko on the side of the lake has detonated and Usagi's tunnels are now flooding with water. She calls to Odayama
    "Odayama-Sensei. Her tunnels are now flooding. Given the possibility that she might drown, the fact that I'm not allowed to kill and the average human can only hold their breath for about two minutes, I recommend that if she doesn't escape within one minute you call the match won in my favor and use the remaining time to rescue her before she dies. In such an unconscious state you'll undoubtedly find her in, I could draw first blood from her at my leisure, so she might as well be defeated in that scenario. Aren't I thoughtful for thinking of my team mate's safety even during a duel like this?"

Yuyuyu:
    Miho Kaguya nods
    "Smart of her, its not just about exploiting the terrain or the opponent, but the rules themselves. She is using the very concern for Usagi's safety to create incentive for the referee to rule the match won when certain conditions are met. She is following the rules to the best of her ability- and better, using them to her advantage."
    Yuyuyu happily plays with Lil' Kimiko-chan in her lap.
    "Like a true ninja. These kinds of mock duels for people like us can be as much of about abusing technicalities as it is actual combat."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-09-11 at 03:27 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Odayama sighed. He hoped, that at least they "will talk with their fists' or what ever his wife and her sister doing, when they disagree.
    "Sure. I guess...' he said meekly.

"Boooo! Lame!" Yoroi yelled.
    Mayuwu said coldly:"Thankfully we aren't paying with nothing but our time."
    Gurasu smiled. "I am sure, it won't end this easily!"

_____
    Usagi cursed to herself, but weren't shocked. Kimiko had very methodic way, to deal with issues, looking for shortcuts, and cut battles before they go out of her control.
    Usagi has stopped her breath, squirming between the muddy tunnels. This bastard...
    Rule lawering against her.
    No matter. Just means, Usagi has to act even faster.
    From the fact no dirt and noise entered Usagi figured Kimiko was stationary.
    Usagi resuraced to take a peek, and toss a needle with a bell toward Kimiko, even her general dircetion, while taking a breath.
    She hurried back to the tunnels, aiming to place explosion talismans under the branches of the tree, once they will be pressured under it. And since, the ground became so muddy it will happen eventually. Usagi swam away from the tree, counting the seconds.

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko:
    The bell needle meets a paper shuriken thrown at Usagi's arm in midair, the two projectiles clattering to the ground while Kimiko leaps to the next tree as the first begins to sink. For some reason, she sticks her Origami-No-Tsurugi into the leaves of this second tree, and waits alert, for any sign of Usagi resurfacing once again.
    "Whats the matter? You talk a big game about being brave and taking on anyone, yet look at you! So afraid of me you hide in the ground! Rabbit is quite a fitting summon for you given that your running and hiding like one!"
    Kimiko knew this wasn't remotely true. This was a psychological tactic to make her angry. Whether it worked or not didn't matter: The tactics Usagi was displaying here was completely at odds with the reckless personality she displays, therefore she could only conclude that the recklessness and hot-headed stubbornness was either a calculated mask, or Usagi was one of those rare personality types who could both think logically and methodically and be incredibly emotional at the same time. Well it wasn't actually THAT rare, but it in the field of shinobis it was particularly odd and unusual but not malfunctional. It shows up rarely, because emotions generally aren't conducive to being logical weapons of death. It was rare enough that it threw experienced shinobi off because being loud, brash and obnoxious is generally not only civvie behavior, but very rude civvie behavior that isn't even acceptable in normal society. Most people are taught to be very polite and stick to the strict system of honorifics denoting placement in their culture after all.

The taunt while to provoke her, might not even work as a taunt. Usagi might see right through it. The real purpose was to deceive Usagi into thinking that Kimiko was underestimating her. Any misinformation was an edge in her favor, in some way. and if Usagi sees through THAT? Then she is worthy of even more respect: it meant she grasped seeing underneath the underneath, and that Kimiko would have to push her limits and start doing something crazy. It was all in how Usagi would react, and if she didn't react at all, well....that 60 second rule still applied. Sure it might be reset every time she came back up for air...but that will leave her open, and Usagi's stamina isn't infinite. Kimiko was using less energy while she figures Usagi was expending more energy by digging and swimming around down there, pushing against the water and the dirt. For now, it was a matter of waiting it out and seeing what happens.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

For Usagi it wasn't insult. It was summary more or less of how the rabbits fought superior foes.

But yeah. Maybe she was too subtle.
    It's time to speed up. She prepared three arrows, and jumped out-
    'Like a dolphin!' (By Lil's Kimiko description) shooting, mostly to put Kimiko on the move and calculate where she was. She hurried, and jumped out from a diffrent angle shooting two arrows, more accurate.
    The third emerge were very accurate. Each peek, gave Usagi more info about where Kimiko is, and the faster Usagi moved, the less Kimiko could move away. This arrow also had a bonus- a thunder talisman. It was disguised as exploding talisman, but did nothing but a noise twice louder then the exploding talisman.

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko:
    As soon as Usagi comes out of the ground, Kimiko dodges behind the tree she is in so that the arrows hit the trunk, as per Plan A's strategy of using the tree as a shield and exploiting angles. She tugs at the paper-sword, and suddenly Usagi finds the longer grass around her suddenly coming alive to try and bind her- no. This was not grass. This was....very long strips of paper painted to look like grass with the exact colors, shades and everything! Kimiko had hidden these long strips of painted camouflage paper in the grass winding throughout all the training ground and even into the trees so that she can merge her paper blade with them and thus have hidden paper tentacles extending everywhere ready to grab and immobilize her! Plan C.

As the third arrow hits the trunk, a big ringing resounds in her ears, as she wasn't looking at the arrow at the time and thus she didn't know about the tag and Kimiko leans out of the trunk to throw with her other arm another paper shuriken at Usagi to try and slice her and draw first blood, while Usagi is suddenly bound by her camouflaged paper tentacles.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-09-11 at 10:09 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Yoroi shout. "Finally! Some action! Don't let it finish already, baka invalid girl!" And then shut up, holding his ears from the thunder.
    "Nya!' Lil' Kimiko whined. 'I hate her! Drop already!"
    Her auntie actually laughed

Usagi wasn't prepared for this, and this made her smile like mad. Her blood boiled. Such moments tested her motto- to never to be helpless.

Usagi shoot another arrow, right at the paper shuriken.
    "I am surprised that a pampered princess is able of creative thinking! Maybe your family doesn't hinder you THAT badly! this arrow had it's own new trick- it was wrapped with a very thin, near invisble thread, she waved the string, to *whip* the arrow and the shuriken at Kimiko.
    From the crowd it would look like Usagi manipulating the arrow with telekensis.

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko:
    The shuriken and the arrow come hurdling up to kimiko and-POOF! Replacement Jutsu. With...the first shuriken she threw to intercept the bell needle last time. Only there was a difference to it now: the folded piece of paper had sudden formed an explosive seal. It was Kimiko's own invented technique to create explosive tags on the fly in any paper she had or could create with her Origami-No-Tsurugi. She forms her hand seal and says as a distraction
    "I'm over here! Release."
    And said shuriken explodes and sends sharp splinters flying out from the tree at the still bound Usagi, multiple little wooden splinters threatening to draw first blood on her while Kimiko was far away enough to be clear of the devastation.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

"What afraid to anger mommy?' Usagi yell "Yojimbo!" and the Samurai rabbit, appear with his back hugging her, protecting her from all the splinters.
    "Usagi-Sama." He say, slicing the paper grass from her, and putting her on his shoulders.
    "Sorry, Yojimbo. It's dual of first blood.'
    "I see.'
    Usagi and Yojimbo exchanged looks, and then Yojimbo jumped and kicked the tree, toward Kimiko sending dozens of splinters, while Usagi rained needles with bells.

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko:
    POOF! Replacement technique again. This time with a log. Where did she go this time!? Everyone looks around confusedly. She wasn't anywhere in sight.
    "....What...where did she go? I don't see see her anywhere."
    "I don't either." says Miho "If its true then....she prepared a hiding place? what is she up to now?"

Meanwhile in Kimiko's hiding place, it is dark. Lets see, she still had the bear traps, still a bunch of painted paper everywhere, but her initial plans have basically been exhausted, even if they have improvisations involved. She expected to use the lake in a different way by exploiting the fact that she can water-walk and Usagi can't at all, but thats down the drain, literally. She had more plans, but this was starting to heat up, and hadn't been expecting to use this much, and she can't really make them work from her hiding place. A summons like Yojimbo complicated matters a bit- two foes on the field made it harder to avoid first blood. She would either need to eliminate him, or figure out some way to equalize the playing field. She has an idea....but its really chakra-intensive and kind of something she just came up with. It might be the only way to for her to win this however. She holds out her sword and whispers
    "Paper Release...."

Outside, when people were wondering where she was, Kimiko suddenly bursts out of a third tree in dynamic entry, having hollowed out its trunk so she can hide within, then put the bark back on as a lid to make it look normal, skidding into view- but not in her normal appearance. Her entire body was wrapped in paper like a mummy, the only parts of her body visible being her eyes- even the bridge of her nose was covered, with blue chakra empowering and emanating around the mummy wrap, strengthening and hardening it.
    "...Body Wrap Armor!!"
    She charges straight at Usagi with the Origami-No-Tsurugi to try and cut her. If Usagi tries to fire arrows or needles or Yojimbo tries to hit her with his blades, she finds they will bounce off the body wrap as if its hard armor or something,
    "Behold! How can you possibly win now, Usagi!? Every inch of my body is covered in strengthened paper! Nothing you throw or shoot can pierce through it to get first blood! And I know enough that if you fire at my eyes, your arrows will pierce them and into my skull, killing me, which you are not allowed to do! In this armor, you can't get first blood at all!"
    It was a chakra guzzler however. She estimates she can maintain it for about only a minute, tops. As she attacks Usagi with her sword seeking her skin she says
    "Do you understand who are facing now, Usagi!? I am someone invents new jutsu- JUST FOR A SINGLE MOMENT! You may be good- but I'm better!"

Both Ishikawa clan members widen at what she just did, startled. They never thought of that kind of application for basic ability to harden paper using chakra.
    "Do...do we have a jutsu like that in our library?"
    "If....if there was a similar one, it was burned along with much of the other stuff we lost escaping Kiri." Jirou answers "We'll have to add it in. Might be a little impractical though."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi tested the paper armor with a kunai, which bounced off.
    "Yojimbo, don"t let her near us." She commanded.
    "Hai!' Yojimbo ran and hopped around.

Usagi laughed with enjoyment. The thrill! The challenge!
    "Not half bad, pampered princess. Good to see, your mommy didn't choked off, your desires compeltly."
    Usagi start to toss bell needles, but she aiming terribly. Is she just trying to buy time? Is she at loss of what idea can she do?
    "Usagi-San, if may I say, your needles won't hurt this armor, maybe my sword-" Yojimbo say as he block one of Kimiko's attacks.
    "Nah, just block and run' Yojimbo said calmly with a wide smile.
    Was she faking her confidence? She started to smile, when Kimiko has managed to finally surprise her.
    She take her bow again, but isn't putting any arrow
    Her bow was also a harp.
    https://youtu.be/vvdfdKV0YTc
    Usagi has closed her eyes, and smiled a strangely motherly smile.
    Kimiko hear bells chiming softly into her mind, soothing and calming....

Beside bowmanship and rabbit summoning, it seems Usagi didn't had much else.
    But she did have one single thing. A lullaby jutsu, which by legends the Rabbit queen has used to defeat the Wolf King.
    Usagi didn't had such an angelic voice, like Queen Nagaizu, but like many things, she devolped a version of it to herself.
    This jutsu fall somewhere between ninjutsu to genjutsu.
    When she set enough bells around the target, and the more organized she set them the better- she can play music into the target's brain.
    Those bells are like anothet insturment, activated by the sound waves of her harp, jinggling in a very accurate fashion.
    If Usagi succeeding, Kimiko will fall asleep, and technicly lose

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko:
    Unfortunately, Kimiko honestly has no idea or any reason to think Usagi has a genjutsu. Nor any clear defense against genjutsu in general, and in her current state of mind, charging towards Usagi trying to land a first blood, she isn't in the ideal state of mind to figure out thats what she is setting up.
    Kuso! She swears inwardly. Genjutsu is my weakest subject.
    And not for the lack of trying. Genjutsu wasn't exactly the easiest thing to wrap your mind around, or something popular among young kids who preferred taijutsu so they can jump high, or ninjutsu to blow things up, or something most ninja had a good grasp of in general. Her mind races with sudden adrenaline, time seeming to slow down for her as she tries to hurriedly come up with a solution to this. She can't cause pain to herself to break out of it like a blade, that might be interpreted as some form of first blood! A lullaby was sound based, but covering her ears would leave her unable to deal a first-blood blow, could she connect the paper sword to her strips in the grass and throw the bell needles back at Usagi to disrupt it? Would manipulating the paper wraps to be earplugs maybe work? What could she do, what should she do? She has an idea. A crazy idea.

She suddenly stabs the sword into the dirt, then uses it as a pole to leap off of at Usagi while using her chakra weaken the wraps around her mouth so that they break open for her shark teeth to try and bite while also making various sharp paper spikes appear all across the wrap armor, the idea being that the momentum will make her crash into Usagi, the spikes or the teeth will pierce Usagi and draw first blood, while she begins to fall asleep mid-flight, hoping for a tie. Kimiko is defiant to the end, even in this moment she is trying to grasp for any kind of victory she can.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

*Six Years Ago. The Animal Dimension
    Spoiler
    Show

Teen Yojimbo sighed, once again. The lump of his forehead still hurt. This crazy legless girl, surely knew how to throw pebbles.
    They were in a cozy room, simple but spacey and warm. The paper walls depicted Queen Nagaishi fend off a primodoral monstorsities and predatotr kings.
    Lanterns with http://www.japanesewordswriting.com/.../08/usagi.jpgs the kanji for a rabbit.
    The girl stared without any expriession at the lanterns. She hasn't ate nor slept for days. Maybe she seen over and over the blood and flash rain in which she apeared in this realm.
    Yojimbo himself were shaken.
    He didn't knew what to do. This girl was a broken doll, with a sentient entity inside.
    Yojimbo KNEW this. When he reached for her, even as she bled to death she growled and fought like a beast. This rage and pain, could come only from a broken sentient mind.
    Yojimbo was helpless. Ever since he cleaned the little girl, and put her in this room she stopped moving and reacting to anything.
    He didn't knew the girl. She was from the alien specie, that sometimes, summoned his kind, but he felt obliged to be by her side. Yojimbo felt strange sense of respect to this legless girl.
    But she looked paler and paler, and she will probably waste away soon enough.
    And then he heard humming, getting nearer and nearer.
    Yojimbo already bowed deeply.
    In white mist a beautiful woman has entered the room. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/17/80...ad692d1e26.jpg
    "Your highness... Nagaishi-Dono...' The young rabbit Samurai mumbled with awe.
    "Rise up, Yojimbo-Chan.' The queen said with a sweet voice of honey collected under the moonshine.
    "Your Master say, that you are negleting your trainings for a 3 days. It's because of this human. Isn't it?' She has asked, her left paw opened up, exposing set of tiny claws. Fools wouldn't think much of it. But Yojimbo knew, those claws tore rock and metal as easilly as it tore paper. He was worried.

"Yes. She is very hurt. I barely have stopped the bleeding. She hasn't moved. I can't just... leave her like this.' Yojimbo said with folded ears.
    'Do you think we are a monastic order? That charity is one of our sacred duties?' Nagaishi has asked, and hopped silent as blank dreams toward the broken shell of the girl, almost floating.
    Yojimbo felt his heart sink down.
    "We aren't anything more then tools for the humans. There is no reason for us, to treat them diffrently. And this tool is broken and wasting your time.' She explained as if, answering to his rebelliouse thoughts.
    Nagaishi, raised her paw to slash the girl, who didn't seemed to even notice her.

"NO!' Yojimbo jumped and drawn his sword in defensive stance between his queen and the alien child.
    Nagaishu stopped, tilting her head, with a dangerouse smile.
    "No? How... intresting.' She placed her paw over his heart. "You still fear and respect me, and yet resist me. What give you such a courage?'
    Yojimbo shook. "...I just feel this isn't fair. She IS a fighter. She lived through hell. She can be a great warrior!"
    Nagaishu smiled. "How curiouse. Let's see.' She summoned from the mist a harp. "I'll heal her mind."

"I thought you.. aren't doing chairty.' Yojimbo panted.
    "I am not. This is an investment. It will be up to her, if to succumb to numbness, or to live and fight."
    [Little Girl's mindscape]
    Little girl sat and sobbed. Rain of blood kept raining, and she was all soaked in blood. This blood was her father, mother, siblings and herself.
    And she was the cause of this rain.
    Blood. Flash. This is what remained of everyone.
    And then.... she has heard this beautiful music. And a pretty bunny in blue robes has appeared.
    The rain stopped all of the sudden.
    The little girl has raised her eyes. "Ah. Well, you haven't lost ALL of your sanity. Good." The pretty bunny said with a smile, which the girl interperted as friendly.
    The girl didn't answered staring.
    "Well... here are your options.' A black hole apeared behind the girl.
    It was an endless pit, but seemed... comftroable. Clean. The girl was so tired.
    "You can let go. This is the pit bliss. You won't be you, anymore. You already have thrown to there so much of yourself, you should stop tear yourself and simply jump into there. You will forget everything, and won't be you. No more blood rain. What do you say?'

The girl looked back. It seems, that there, her family were happy. They even called her name happily, all while the lullaby in the background clearing this hellish mindscape.
    The girl, started crawling there, sending hand to the reaching hands of her loved ones.
    She stopped all of the sudden. "What the other option?'
    The pretty bunny smiled, and gestured toward a battle scene. Unending battle scene, with bloody weapons everyhwere. "To remain torn, and go for unending battle. You will probably will never be at peace. And you will serve ME."
    It seemed so hard and impossible. There were no compassion. Only unending struggle. Behind her family offered an unending comfort with them. They called again and again her old name with love and care.
    She started to turn back
    But for a moment took a look into the pretty bunny's white eyes.
    They were mocking her. She could read them. "Come on, little girl. Dissapear."
    And as she thought that, the pale eyed man apeared in the zone of the unending struggle. "You already half dead. You are ugly. Die already." He said softly.

"#$%# please don't!" Her mother begged.
    A spear has apeared in the girl's hand, and she flew forward, letting her past succumb into obivlion.
    She stabbed the pale man, and blood again showered her. But now, it felt good.
    "You are just little helpless girl! You can't do that!" The pale eyed man said with a statisfying horror.
    "I can do anything! I never helpless!" And the little girl murdered him over and over with new weapon each time.

The pretty bunny has tilted her head with an amused grin. "So, Yojimbo-Chan's instincts were right." She wishpered. "With such spirit your body is just a minor detail."

Yojimbo barely held himself awake. Of course, he knew, that if the Queen would have wished him asleep he would have been.
    The girl eyes closed. Forever? Yojimbo wondered with a worry and dissapointment.
    The girl's eyes suddenly have opened. Focused. Fierce. Her eyes teared, and she smiled. Her belly rumbled with hunger.
    Nagaishu, petted her forehead. 'What is your name little one?'
    The girl looked confused for a moment. Name?
    It mattered so little. She looked again at the lamp carrying the kanji.
    "Usagi." She said.

For Usagi this wasn't lullaby- this was her war song. It was her last trick.
    And... this is finally managed to take down, the seemingly unbeatable princess.
    She didn't expected Kimiko to go with a sucidal move. And neither Yojimbo, who were focused on fencing off, Kimiko's sword- he wasn't expecting such a wild and reckless attack.

Kimiko's teeth locked on the neck of Usagi, making her drop the harp.
    Usagi yelled in pain and shock, and lost her hold on Yojimbo's neck and fell alongside Kimiko into the mud. Spikes stabbing all of her body while the fall, she was about to lose her counsiounse as well.
    The girls splashed into a mess of mud and blood, Usagi smiled before losing counsiounse as well.
    "Heheh.. this.. was.. fun." She grew pale and lost counsiounce as well.
    "Usagi-Sama!" Yojimbo called, but without her active chakra was forced back into his realm.
    "Oi!" Odayama called in worry. They surely didn't held back!
    "I need medic ninja!" He yelled.

Yoroi smiled. "Heh. This was a good one."
    Gurasu fell asleep.
    Mayuwuu. "Completly barbaric.' He ranted.

Nekazuko laughed. "Not bad for green Hope Girls!"

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Mitsuko: Ruin the moment.
    As Kimiko falls unconscious, the strips of paper loosen and fall off her and Jirou walks on over with Mitsuko close behind, bending down to pick Kimiko up off Usagi so that she can get medical treatment.
    "Yin-yang is a beautiful thing to witness. I estimate the Kimiko would only be able to maintain that for a minute at most, 30 seconds more realistically. I think they both have a better respect for one another. They both fought well."
    Mitsuko crossed her arms.
    "No she didn't. Kimiko could've done better. A ninja either wins or dies on the field. The way she improvised at the end in a charge would be suicidal in a real battle and would've only gotten her killed in the field. Clearly we've been slacking on her genjutsu training. We'll need to rectify that, immediately."
    Jirou admits that she is technically right, Kimiko probably should be trained better about this.
    "....Hai, Oka-san."
    Mitsuko then turns to unconscious Usagi, regarding her with disdain, crossing her arms.
    "As for this one, what incompetent mother raised this child? Does she know that an improperly raised child is a shame upon their family? I will not have my Kimiko get killed on a mission with lord or high-ranking ninja because this one was not properly raised to still her tongue around her elders and betters like a civilized person. I'll need to have a word with the mother about her behavior."
    Jirou wasn't so sure this was a good idea however.
    ".....Oka-san....please do not do anything that would us look....unseemly to others?"
    "Hmph. You worry too much."
    Yuyuyu files this conversation away in her head for later, but says nothing.

When the medical ninja arrive Yuyuyu says
    "Hey Odayama-sensei, you still haven't called the outcome yet. Can you please say whether either won or whether it was a tie? 1300 ryo is riding on this."
    Thats 1300 yen or about thirteen dollars for a sense of perspective. This is kids pocket change after all. Its not much.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Odayam wasn't a big fan of nobles neither. He actually became Chunin for hunting a dangerouse noble.
    'She has no mother. And as the Commander of this Platoon I will deal with this.' He paused.
    "Just give Kimiko the respect she deserve. She has existence, beyond entertaining you.' And added to fix the tone "After all, she is a noble as well.'

He blinked.
    "Ah. Yeah. All things considered... this is a tie!"

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Mitsuko:
    That... was the wrong thing to say. Mitsuko's voice grows cold with fury.
    "Entertainment? ENTERTAINMENT? Tell me, Odayama, is the future of my clan, entertaining to you? Is Kimiko, the heir to this clans legacy, potentially dying because of a mistake like this, entertaining? Do you think I take pleasure from watching my daughter fail, when so much is riding upon her shoulders? Do you assume every noble does nothing but find ways to entertain themselves all day? Tell me, what are nobles like if your such an expert on us nobles, Odayama? What about am I supposed to be finding entertaining? Hm?"
    Jirou slowly backs away while trying to silently communicate to Odayama "Do NOT answer any of those questions, its a trap." with his hands and the shaking of his head. Thankfully Mitsuko is completely focused on Odayama.

Meanwhile Yuyuyu says
    "Whelp your all wrong on your bets, so....none of you get the money, I get to keep the whole pool."
    Miho and the few other ninja gathered curse inwardly.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

(Do you think Mitsuko will know of Odayam's history and deeds in the war?)
    Odayama narrowed his eyes. The Sloth Slayer.
    "You know... me and the second Ottokage were talking about Kimiko. Do you want to know why really, he didn't let her graduate before time?'
    He paused. "The Missing Nin we killed, and which Kimiko were the one to give the killing blow... he was just like Kimiko. The psychological department of the research center give Kimiko 75% to fall into the same path. You are hurting her, more then any failure could.'
    After the first aid to Usagi were given, he took her on his hands.

"I will fight for my platoon to grow into a great people and ninjas. Even with obstacles like you.' He turned his back.
    "Nekazuko, please watch over Kimiko-chan. Yuyuyu- come with me."
    Odayama didn't considered himself a great ninja at all.
    He was a family man. And those girls were now his family. This was always his ninja way.

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Mitsuko:
    She narrows her eyes coldly as she considers this. Yeah she knows, why wouldn't she?
    "....Very well, Odayama-San. If that is your...professional assessment of the situation."
    She turns to Jirou as he picks up and resheathes the Origami-No-Tsurugi into Kimiko's sheathe.
    "Come. We're heading home.."
    They walk away, Jirou sparing a respectful bow to Odayama before giving Kimiko to Nekazuko and following his mother.

Back at the Ishikawa household
    "That commander doesn't know what family is! How are people he only met yesterday his family? That is not a legacy. He doesn't know them the way I know my child. How dare he think he can love my child better than me. Blood is thicker than water, Kimiko was raised by us, taught by us, not by him. Her outstanding performance and efforts to the best ninja she can be is proof of our Clan's love and strength. We don't need the softness of civilians. We're ninja, we are meant to be the hard hard dagger in the shadows so that this nations civilians can enjoy their soft lives in peace. Its the sacrifice every ninja makes!"
    "True." Jirou says neutrally about the last part.
    "Clearly he doesn't understand this. No matter, we'll prove him wrong. They will see how much of Kimiko's success is owed to us, her flesh and blood. Our methods work, our clan would not have survived to this day if they didn't."
    Of that, Jirou cannot argue against. Traditions and techniques only pass on and continue because they are effective, and Ishikawa has been a clan that has been around before the villages were founded. Mitsuko was nothing if not a person of tradition.
    "Jirou,from now on you are to train Kimiko one hour each day she gets home in resisting genjutsu using your Inverse World Genjutsu, until she can consistently throw it off within seconds."
    "...But...Oka-San. That is a B-Rank Genjutsu, one of the greatest prizes I've achieved in my life, taking the technique from another ninja that claimed that he invented it himself and kept it secret until I took it from him. Leaving aside that I'm using one of my greatest techniques for training her, do you really think she can handle it?"
    "Your technique is nothing but a tribute to be paid for the greater good of the clans survival and prosperity, which pays its tribute to the survival and prosperity of the village, like everything else we do. Of course she can't, thats why training exists, to make sure she can START handling it. The more she gets used to a genjutsu technique like that, the more she will be able to resist lesser ones and be prepared for even greater illusions. If she didn't have a deficiency, there would be no need to correct it."
    Jirou sighs. He will probably need to let Odayama know about this so that they can work out how to not overwork Kimiko because of this or something.
    "...Hai, Oka-san."
    Mitsuko leaves. Jirou sits and conisders things Despite all of Mitsuko's controlling, demanding nature and her great proficiency at the clans Paper Release jutsu, she secretly didn't have the head for fuinjutsu. Mitsuko simply can't grasp any of it well enough to do anything beyond basic explosive tags. Which was why Kimiko was so important: the clan was based on fuinjutsu and Mitsuko was just as incomplete as Jirou was when fulfilling the role of a clan member. He knew that Mitsuko's need to push Kimiko to be the greatest, was because Mitsuko herself felt inadequate, unworthy to inherit the legacy she had and desires her child to be different.

At the end of day, Kimiko will surpass her mother. That was the plan, regardless of the method, and then, Jirou figures, it won't matter anymore.

Yuyuyu:
    Yea she wasn't sticking her nose into any of that until she has a chance to talk to Kimiko. Odayama could probably get away with that because he was a commander, but she wasn't stupid enough to try and meddle directly. She turns to Miho Kaguya as everyone disperses.
    "So, you experienced anything like that in your family?"
    She considers this.
    "Not really. Our clan's techniques don't require a genius to use to their full potential, so we just need to keep up an athletic training regimen and good hygiene since our bloodlines based on taijutsu, so the expectation is shared around and not focused on one person. We have different problems."
    "Like what?"
    "I've....said too much. It can't be helped. I'll be going now."
    Miho walks away. Yuyuyu doesn't bother going after him. She knew that culturally speaking, it was a no-no to say there was a problem at all. That the common thought of the culture of the shinobi nations was that the way to suffer best, was to suffer in silence, from the lowliest civilian to the greatest of all shinobi. Complaints about ones troubles and station were seen as weak and unmanly. "It can't be helped" is a universal phrase as a result, and encouraged people to not talk about their troubles or help others when their problems were revealed and there was a good amount of pride and defiance against being pitied when those problems were revealed. The Sound Village just by communicating its problems had something over the rest of the villages even before the Hope Generation. But she can't push too hard.
    The thing about meddling in others business, is that you have to be subtle so that people don't realize your doing it. She follows Odayama-Sensei.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Odayama's background
    Show

Odayama is known to be the 'Sloth Slayer'. Not only because of his beast curse, that give him a pseudo beast form of a sloth.
    He is very determined, yet very patient.
    He got the Chunin class, when he slain a Leaf Junin Anbu. After taking the expriement, he was sure, he will survive only for a single attack. He waited at the same spot without moving for 6 month, and at the perfect moment slain her.
    There are rumors that this Junin was his mother, though, it doesn't add up.
    His father was a simple gardener who gave everyone flowers or something, and was killed in the war.
    His wife started a new bloodline, by doing a dangerouse expriement and fusing herself with a summoned animal, and she is one of the Three Thunders.
    Ever since, Odayama married, it seemed that he became less active.

Odayma jumped from roof to roof, to being Usagi fast to the hospital.
    "I am sorry for speaking recklessly. She just... remind me too much of my own mother.' Odayama has apologized.
    "Eventually I had to kill her." he paused.
    "I hope, Kimiko won't have to. And... this is leading to what I want to talk to you-
    jump*
    "About. Can you think, what consistency had led to pick you, Genins into specific teams?'

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Yuyuyu:
    She thinks upon those selected on Team 3: Kimiko, herself, Usagi. She thinks on Team 1, Mayuwo Fukaimi, Gurasu Komoro and Yoroi. She immediately saw the pattern.
    "Diversity of backgrounds. Kimiko and Mayuwo are both nobility if put together they would focus too much on clan politics, though Mayuwo in particular conflict with her because of her gender and Kimiko's pride would not let her take that silently, that would just be a clan feud in the making. Gurasu and Komoro and myself are from relatively normal backgrounds, while we can get along with each other if put together, we can also do that with other less flexible people and thus more useful being spread out to keep other people in check. Usagi and Yoroi are both outcasts and similar impulsive reckless natures, while its possible they will bond with each other, they could also constantly fight each other because they are too similar and even if they do bond, they would reinforce and magnify each others flaws and they would both be dead before they reach Chuunin.

Though Team 2 with Miho Kaguya is different, as while she is nobility she is also the most reasonable. Her team mates, Naneko Masuku and her clan while a clan of ninjas are not nobility, have no kekkei genkai and are relatively new, trying to become the foundation for this villages ANBU and thus obsessed with secrets, deception and perfecting the traits of such elite ninja. Kazuo Tanaka is from a pure civilian family isn't impulsive or reasonable at all, but is cautious to the point of near cowardice but seems to constantly accidentally get into situations that make him seem like a hero to outside observers and civilians which he perpetuates the reputation of heroism so that people don't worry. It still fits the consistency of diversity."

She says what she knows of the teams matter of factly as she follows along. She files away Odayama's admittance here for later. Similar to his own mother, and he had to kill her, interesting she will have to learn about that juicy secret more later, got to be subtle. Just listen for now. Figure out the right time to press. It may not be now, may not be months or years, but she was patient.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

"You are quite observant. I am impressed.' Odayama said with a fatherly smile.
    "Behind the scene, this method is called "Ying, Yang and in between.' The Leaf Village are known for perfecting it. Especialy the Yamanka, Naara and Akimechi teams. The Hope Generation, are the first class, that we used the method on international level."
    Now, they see the hospital.
    "But the Commanders are anothet element, which here, we empahsize even more then other villages. I am not that much more skilled then you are, and in few years you will catch up to me, and maybe surpass me. We Commanders need to complete your set and back you up. For Team 1, Nekazuko were chosen, to open Mayuwi. Our experts expect him and Kimiko to be Junins someday. We can't afford him to remain blind. As for me..." he paused.
    "Kimiko worried me. I hoped I could be someone for her, who let her devolp in mentally healthy way. And Usagi... worry me from diffrent reasons. Almost every ninja team has "talent Vs hard work'. It is natural. But she seems so extreme, and completly lack any human social skill. If I won't do anything, she will turn into nothing more then self destructing death machine. Other villages might encourage such ninjas... but we want better then that for you.' He land on the hospital's roof, which actually had door there, and even emergency reception department there.
    "And you...' he smiled. 'Unofficaly I view you, as my Vice-Commander. You are level headed, and your mentality is healthy. You can expect, Kimiko ajd Usagi getting all the attention and the drama- but without you, they will be lost. You are the "link".
    He enter the hospital, and now giving Usagi to the receptionists.

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Yuyuyu:
    She thinks on what is said.
    "I think you can still be that to Kimiko. I'm pretty sure she is perfectly aware of everything the village teaches, its just...the circumstances surrounding her and her own dream. Noble clans are some of the most tradition-bound in the nations, and their teachings don't always match the village around them but villages can't always meddle in that because each clan has their own techniques and kekkei genkai that give them a different mindset best fitted for their use. Again, diversity. you can't expect or want a sensor type to have the same mindset as a combat type of ninja. She is raised by people who for the longest time were loyal of the Village Hidden in Mist- and we all know what that became with the third Misukage, the Bloody Mist. Its not exactly a healthy place to come from, and most of the clan members I'm pretty have some form of trauma related to the attempted purge- the Kaguyas have a similar problem. It wouldn't surprise me if both clans have a lot anger towards Kirigakure over it.
    At the same time, her goals don't have anything to do with her position in the village. She understands social and rules stuff on an intellectual level and follows them well enough, but she regards them as tools and doesn't really actively care for actively making friends or allies and from what I can tell she is far more passionate and interested in the scientific side of things y'know learning all the jutsu and figuring out how chakra works, but is forced to be the prideful genius heiress because of her position and talents. I'm pretty sure if given a choice, she'd rather spend her day testing something or studying than deal with people. Like I'm pretty sure that half of her "jackpot heritage" is warring against the other half. Her own natural talent and smarts having to deal with a strict and controlling nurture of tradition and status. What her clan wants, and she wants, are not the same.

While with Usagi....my impression of her is that she just doesn't want to be looked down upon. She has an infirmity that she has proven doesn't hinder her in any way and she wants her peers to acknowledge that and respect her. Which I think I failed at. Though I don't think anyone in our class expected her to match Kimiko that evenly. The majority of the bets were on Kimiko winning. Though we will have to make sure Usagi's need for recognition doesn't extend to things like infiltration missions in the field. We don't need her breaking cover, especially if she ever needs to portray someone polite.

And thanks. I will try to live up to that. Though I'm okay with not getting the drama and attention- I have my own goals, that fame and excitement would honestly get in the way of."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Odayama is a good listener. He take a seat at one of iron benches at the reception hall, waiting to get updated about Usagi.

"I see. Your analysis sound proffesional for as much as I know. But since we are at it... what is your dream? If may I ask.'

------
    My previouse Avater