New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1271
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto SoundITP IC 1: A Melancholy Song of Hope To Come

Genin: Say Something Cool
    She springs up and yells to the crowd.
    "Hello Port Sake! I am Kimiko Ishikawa, the Shining Star of the Hope Generation! With my genius- I can do anything!"
    She does a pose to soak in the crowds cheers, then sits back down.

Miho Kaguya will simply say to the crowd.
    "I am but a loyal shinobi of our nation. I am honored to be here today."

Naneko Masuku will put on her social mask, speaking more cutely to the crowd saying
    "Hello everyone!! Its me Naneko-chan! I hope you all have a kawaii day!"

Ryone is mute, but that doesn't stop her from getting up anyways and showing the crowd her board, the words written on it were: "I WILL SING MY SILENT SONG!" while doing a little dance.

Tetsumi doesn't say anything cool. Whats the point? Her comrades are dead. How could she possibly celebrate like this so soon after their deaths? How could she possibly focus on anything else? The crowds cheers feel....ignorant. Their happiness hurts in its own way. Was it because it was something she didn't have now? Or was because it all feels so fake now compared to the corpses she saw lying on the ground not so long ago? It felt like the world had already forgotten- why couldn't the world stop and weep for them, if only for a moment?

Kazuo gets up and says "Hi, I'm Kazuo Tanaka....Hero of Otogakure! I can beat anyone! Hahahahahahahaa!"
    He needed to keep up his fraudulent reputation. If people found out he was nothing but a coward, he'd be ruined.

Tetsumi and Usagi:
    She glares back at Usagi.
    "I am doing something about it. I am going to go to the Chuunin Exams. I am going to test myself against those who are strong, to make myself stronger. All this training won't help if I don't know what I'm training against. Just because I'm trapped in this carriage where I can't train doesn't I haven't tried my hardest to unlock as much of a bloodline I just gained like what how long ago? Two weeks? I think? But if you really want me to do something to you go ahead, screw around and find out. Could always use moving target practice."

Hizuka and Usagi:
    Whenever they have a moment alone, Hizuka will say to Usagi:
    "What the hell Usagi, your cooler than this. Call me toy-geek all you want, I don't care, my inventions will prove my worth in time. But don't think I haven't noticed you acting all Tsundere around Kimiko. What is up with that? I thought we understood each other in the academy as comrades: we're both hard workers, and we agree to screw those nobles with talents like Kimiko who think they are better than everyone else just because they got lucky. But now your getting a crush on her? What do you even see in her, she is just this egotistical narcissist brat from a fallen noble clan who wants show everyone up because she can. I don't get it. If you really like her that much, you can have her! If she is even capable of loving anyone back. I'm not touching that hot mess. Don't mistake cordiality and politeness for friendship, Usagi. She is still my competitor, even if Senko did some weird social magic to somehow make her hide her ego better."
    She crosses her arms.
    "and you? Are still Usagi who has known suffering she never will, even if Kimiko has you infatuated. Remember that."

(OOC: If no one is interested in my ideas for filler or to meet other leaders, its fine we can just move onto the party)
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Colossus in the Playground

"'Something cool'" Senko says with annoyed sarcasm.

for those that know her, her mood has subtly soured since the moment the Otokage arrived.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

past interactions-

Usagi with Tetsumi-

'Is that a challenge? Because it sound like a challenge to me!' she grin like an annoying brat.

Usagi with Hizuka-

Usagi is surprised.
    'Cooler... then this?' Usagi was chasing respect, but when respected, she wasn't sure what to think of it.
    Usagi's face turn red, as her hair.
    'I dont have a crush on her! Baka!' she blink.
    'Ksu...' realizing how she sound.
    '....sorry.' she say with lowered head, after a lot of effort.
    Usuaully she would parry off this direct conversation with insults. But she has grown.

'No... I.. shouldn't have said that. That.. not... my thing. I think you are amazing! Sometimes, I am more pig headded then rabbit headed.' she say.
    'I guess, the princess- I mean... Kimiko make me feel things.. I have never felt before. It... wierd. And scary.' she take off the scarf and show the scar she cherish so much on her neck.
    'It's like... maybe a challenge thing?' she try to figure those wierd feelings, without much of previouse context.
    'Yes. She is a snotty noble, and a smartass- and she is exactly the kind of ninja, ninjas like us want to prove ourselves against- and I did it! I have proven myself. Sort of. You know what?' she sigh.
    'I am the baka.' she cover her neck again.
    'It really wasn't cool... how can I make it up to you?' trying to own her mistake.

---------------------------

Nozojo doesnt seems phased, and for Senko he would say.
    'Her sarcasm is only second to her immense physical power! And when she put her mind to it, Senko is unstoppable!'
    Nozojo know that Senko know.
    It doesnt matter. Maybe it even better.
    He felt like he was about to end his life journey. The Hope Generation, each and every member were the most important thing in the world.
    Nozojo felt like karma is about to catch him. He was fine with it.

Raizu would wait the ninjas at their rooms. Ready to greet them in person in unoffical way.

-----

Damiyo Tadano Tanaka- looking much much much older then his statue, his hair is grey, his goaty beard, became much longer.
    His wife Shikara, who wore beautiful kimono and moved his wheelchair, was smiling brightly for the two of them.
    'What is the Ottokage thinking, coming here, without letting me know? Even the first Ottokage have respected me enough with those things.'
    Shikara cooed.
    'Great Lord, and husband, Nozojo is a bit of clown. I am certain he just meant to entertain and not to insult.'

Tadano grumbled.
    'Why in king Yenma's name, Oddukor-sama has picked an entertainer and not one of the thunders? And worse, this clown picked a green boy, instead of Ameoku. Is everything a joke to him?'
    'I am certain it's more complicated then that, dear love.' Shikara said with a soothing tone.
    'Oh? Yes? I would love to know HOW, People will ask questions. I cant show my doubts to those hyenas. I got to show faith in my ninjas- especialy with all the radio circus that the second Ottokage create/'

'How kind of you!' Nozojo beamed at him, walking by his side.
    Tadano gasped.
    'DONT! DO! THAT!'
    'As you commad, Lord.' Nozojo said charimngly(?)

'So you have heard everything?' Tadano has asked.
    'Yes. But your opinions of me, were never a secret to me. That ok. I understand. Oddukro-sama... was bigger in life. I am less then his shadow. But he seen in me, something... that the Thunders lacked.'
    he said as they were about to meet the other leaders and important people.
    'And what that?' Tadano has asked.

'A hope for a better future'. Nozojo said and they have entered/
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko Ishikawa: Attempt Polite Greeting
    Kimiko will of course see Raizu, and remember that Senko taught her to be more polite. She mentally prepares herself, not knowing who he is and says
    "Greetings, I am Ishikawa Kimiko, humble ninja genius of Otogakure. Who are you? You don't seem to be a servant, did one of the invited guests bring you along to see the Daimyo's son?"

Past, Tetsumi:
    "....Very well. Your lust for battle is insatiable isn't it? You asked for it, dead last."
    When they stop the caravan to rest until tomorrow she will beckon Usagi out to one of the many open fields of Rice Country. Then as her opening move of the duel, she throws two volleys of shuriken to the left and right of Usagi then singing:
    "Song of Vengeance: Notes of Hatred!"
    She sings a discordant wordless shriek-like music without any hand signs and a stream of red notes of chakra comes flying from her mouth towards Usagi in between the two shuriken volleys.

Past, Hizuka:
    She looks at you as you say this then just looks sad
    "Darn it, now I just feel like a jerk. I insulted your feelings to hurt you and you want to apologize to me for it. I don't like Kimiko but....if you feel that way about her, why should that stop you? It has nothing to do with my goals. I just hope you don't distract her too much- I want to make sure that when I beat her in inventing, its because she was at her full capabilities and that I was truly better, even at her best. I want to prove that the true progress of technology is won by hard work-not by talent."

Jirou:
    As the Diamyo comes in, he will make an appropriate bow to the Daimyo as befitting his station relative to the Daimyo's own and says
    "Greetings Daimyo-sama, my name is Jirou Ishikawa. I hope your doing well today."

5. - Top - End - #1025

Senko is currently looking at Kimiko like she created a monster.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

Yuyuyu: Summon Yorokubi
    Meanwhile back in Sound Village, Yuyuyu summons Yorokubi, the snake appearing in a puff of smoke on one of the training grounds
    "Greetings Yorokubi-sensei."
    she does a polite slight bow.
    "I would like to learn what you have to teach me, please."
    She has been learning genjutsu from Kikenna but with Yorokubi she might some taijutsu. She has put away her umbrella, ready to embrace what Yorokubi wants to give with an open mind.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Titan in the Playground

Meeting Young Lord Raizu

Raizu looks at Kimiko. Almost staring- as if he has found a very curious insect.
    Ishikawa... his parents had strong opinions about them. But there was no reason to share them. This one seemed acceptable from the first impression at least.
    'Your manners are appreciated.' he says in tone that is usually kept for adults filled with self importance.
    'My name is Tanaka Raizo. I am proud to be burdened with the responsibility for the future.' he says as humbly as he can.
    'It's an unofficial meeting, and also fulfilling my duty to see that my guests are getting taken care of with respect and dignity.'

(my english might not represent it, but he supposed to sound intelegent and highly educated.)

Meeting with Old Lord Tadano

Tadano frowned seeing Jirou.
    'Ah! The famouse mother beater!' he say with open disdain.
    'Dear lord and husband... it was done by their customs and traditions.'
    'Hmph.' the jaded old looking man snored.
    'Since you were asking so kindly, no. I am not doing well.'
    He clenched in pain, his wife hurried and gave him a pill.
    'My lord and husband- you shouldn't excite yourself so much!'

Nozojo tried to aporach him.
    'Please, Damiyo-sama- I am betting my vision and hopes over, Ishikawa-san! I KNOW he is the best one to take over!'

Tadano breathed more easily.
    'Your jests are going too far, radio boy. I have nothing against young and promising ninjas, his father was a true ninja- but this won't do! What do you think my brother will do when this green boy take over? He will press the Hokage to destroy us one and for all! Ameoku has a reputation. but you should know all that.'

If Jirou has learned to read people's emotions, than he would sense that Tadano has layers over layers of wrath within him.

Spoiler: Radio Ninja Training
    Show

After Jirou recover enough-
    Nozojo take him to the roof of the radio station.
    'Lectures are boring without some action.' he say with his foxy grin.
    'Let's start with demonstarion- attack me with the best and everything you got.'

No matter what it is- unless Jirou has an ability that this one narrator can't imagine- He would feel an invisble powerful wave cut at him, and another hit him with a blunt force, and a terrible deafening white noise in his head. All three damages happen simultanasly.
    All toned down, to not seriously hurt Jirou of course.

the second Ottogake jump to Jirou and offer him a hand to get up,
    'Dont feel bad. Even if the five big kages were here, they would be helpless against me.'

He walk around and gesture toward the big antenas.
    'Please.. bare a bit of a lecture now.' he say, quite happy to share his developments.
    'Regular sound waves can be sensed and manipulated by almost any being with a physical body. But Radio waves are invisible and unattainable without the right tools. So even on the basic combat level, we can do all the sound techniques, and nobody beside us can sense them- and even then: Even though I made you a radio ninja like me, I have used a frequency that you weren't logged on- you see- the radio waves are invisble- but we can still manipulate them.'

He smile with pride.
    'And there are more advanced and impressive uses for this- but it very important to keep it a secret- I am certain that if our enemies would know that such ninjutsu exist, they would a way to counter it- so use it wisely, and subtly as possible.'

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko:
    "Oh your the young lord. Pardon me, Raizo-sama. I did not expect one of your station to meet us so informally. Have your heard the tales of my humble deeds, Daimyo-Sama? If not I can always inform you of them, they're pretty great."
    She bows slightly and all the other genin do slight polite bows as well- its okay, these are very shallow bows, fit for a casual setting. Even Tatsumi Shiraki is standing at attention despite her bitter demeanor, Ryone holds up her little chalkboard with the words: "HELLO RAIZO-SAMA! I AM RYONE AIHOSHI, I AM MUTE AND CANNOT SPEAK. PLEASED TO MEET YOU. :)" Naneko Masuku and Miho Kaguya simply say they are glad to meet him politely, Kazuo Tanaka nervously says
    "Hi uh, milord! I'm Kazuo Tanaka. Just another genin. I'm here to uh, y'know have a shot at Chuunin and such. Y'know how it is."
    "Just another genin?" Miho says teasingly "Aren't you called the Hero of Otogakure for all the good deeds you have done back in the village?"
    "Oh come on, that reputations overblown! Its my chuunin captain constantly talking me up, I'm not THAT great..."
    "Once again you prove your humility, Kazuo..." Miho says
    Kazuo hangs his head sadly at his failed attempt to not be elevated in fame.
    Meanwhile Hizuka declares
    "Greetings Raizo-sama! As a loyal genin I will protect you and all the citizens of our proud nation with my life! This I do swear!"
    She says while putting her right fist to her chest, imagining her standing there proudly while patriotic music plays in her mind.

Jirou:
    He decides to ignore the mother beater comment.
    "I'm sorry to bring up your condition like that my lord, it was not my intention. Daimyo-sama, if you doubt my strength and willingness to kill the enemies of Rice Country, rest assured: I was an active participant in the Third Shinobi War when I was five to six. Before I was ever fully trained as a ninja, I killed a genin six years older than me with a katana. I am no stranger to death, and Konoha killed much of my clan when we fought for your nation. If it comes to it, I am fully willing and able to kill the Konoha Nin that come."
    'If' being the operative word in all that politicking. His plan is to make sure that if never happens. He was no pacifist, but he simply didn't want to wake a sleeping giant.
    "As for your brother, its been 12 years and your brother hasn't pushed for war because of Nozojo. If I am so alike to him, there should be little difference in how things work in our relations with Fire Country. and does not the current Hokage have a reputation as "The Peacemaker"? It would be quite out of character for Hokage Shimura to start a war after being so well known for stopping the last major one. If we're talking reputations, certainly that means something just as much as what Ameoku's reputation means, and if it doesn't because we can't trust it, what does Ameoku's reputation mean if reputations can't be trusted?"
    The question was a conversational trap: to say reputations can be trusted was to allow the Peacemaker's reputation to be considered, and to say it can't be trusted was to throw doubt onto Ameoku's reputation as well. Any other response other than these two would be outright hypocrisy. Any of these possibilities suited Jirou just fine. If the Daimyo was truly hypocritical enough to say they could trust the reputation of their own ninja and distrust the reputation of other ninja as lies and propaganda, he would compliment the Daimyo on his "reasonable caution" then sow doubt as to how weak Konoha is, if they cannot trust Konoha telling the truth about its Hokage how they can now that Konoha is truly as weak as Ameoku says? She could just be fooled by false intel that Konoha is feeding them after all. It didn't matter if it was true after all, just whether it was possible.

Spoiler: Radio Ninja Training
    Show

He skids back, grunting in pain as he is hit, clutching at his ears and says
    "...I see."
    He considers what he has learned
    "Due to Radio waves properties, they have potential to be very long range attacks. and your indeed right, people could potentially counter this. radiowaves are a form of electromagnetic radiation and thus probably weak against Wind release much like lightning release is weak against Wind, ironically. An atmosphere does slightly slow down radiation's speed from lightspeed and thus a thick enough wind wall might be able to stop the attack entirely, or a wind blade cut through it. This is all just speculation on my part, correct me if I'm wrong. However radiowaves are also incredibly fast, as you just demonstrated- near the speed of light in an atmosphere. It would take someone truly special to counter this properly indeed.

Thank you Nozojo-sensei. I'll be sure to use it properly when needed."

OOC: Yeah, if I'm guessing correct only people like Minato Namikaze, Naruto in Nine-Tails Chakra Mode or the Fourth Raikage could counter this radio wave jutsu. which is like, the three fastest shinobi we know in all of the Narutoverse (and only Fourth Raikage exists in this roleplay). thats a pretty impressive achievement. don't worry I'm pretty sure this is all on par and that Jirou would need to really increase his chakra reserves to truly use this to its full potential.

9. - Top - End - #1029

Senko bows but says nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yuyuyu: Summon Yorokubi
    Meanwhile back in Sound Village, Yuyuyu summons Yorokubi, the snake appearing in a puff of smoke on one of the training grounds
    "Greetings Yorokubi-sensei."
    she does a polite slight bow.
    "I would like to learn what you have to teach me, please."
    She has been learning genjutsu from Kikenna but with Yorokubi she might some taijutsu. She has put away her umbrella, ready to embrace what Yorokubi wants to give with an open mind.
    "The first thing to do is to decide which method of hand-to-hand combat is most effective for you. I prefer a form of close-quarters combat focused on precise strikes and throws but differant bodies are built or differant kinds of movement."

The humanoid serpent takes a stance not unlike a boxer. "Show me what you've got."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi

Usagi glare at Raizo and... jump away.
    A sudden burst of unexplained anxiety attack her.
    "No! Nonono! Why now?!"
    she reach the roof, holding her head, as her own voice echo in her head.
    "This spoiled privliged brat. Why foes he get to be respected, to have living parents and be filthy rich?!"
    her hand shaking reached a kunai, her eye twitched.
    "SHUTTUP!" she bark at herself, pull away her scarf, and scrath the scar to reopen it.
    It was the pain and also her rivalry-admire of Kimiko that has snapped her out of.. whatever it was.
    She shook, as the anxiety escaped... but she was injured. How the #^@*@ can she explain it?
    She cant be helpless!
    Silently she start to bandage and clean herself.

Was it a cackling that echoed somewhere?
    It's fine. It"s all fine.
    She will get back and say she had to use the bathroom.

Raizo

Raizo have noticed the quick departure of Usagi, and deciddd not to react to it- just to take a mental note.
    Shame. Her tale was very inspiring, especialy considering his father's history.
    Mauywo Fukaimi just bowed with a serene expression.
    "My service is part of the greater harmony, young lord." his face is expressionless.
    He felt disdain to more or less... anything.
    But he had to compromise.
    His clan had to compromise with so much- but he will prove everyone, that the Fukaimi way is beyond charity, and philosophy. He will prove that their way is also a practical power.

Yoru bowed. "Yoru. A son of a ronin. I was inspired by the first Ottokage himself. My father's sword is now mine- and it wielded for this nation and your family"

Raizo smile politlely, and it seems to be an expression that tattooed to his face.
    "Of course! I would be delighted to hear all of your tales!" I have studied about each of you, but to hear it right from the source is a diffrent thing entirly! How about... we shall sit for a tea? Just an unoffical meeting between... fellow kids! Yes!" Raizo enthusiasim might sound to those with a sharp ear a bit.. fake
    Not fake in the sinister way, more like someone who learned how to interact with "fellow kids" from a book.
    "My father speak highly of your's father, Kimiko-san may his soul rest in peace" he reply and add a slight bow to each of them

With Ryone, it give Raizo a chance to use a cheesy damiyo.line he has heard his father use.
    "You might not be able to talk, but I hear you."
    Raizo HAS to be perfect. It his duty.
    If those ninjas risk their lives for him and his family, the very least he can do is to be perfect!
    "Kazuo Tanaka!" Raizo say with a certain gasp

"Humble. And we are might be relatives- I am a Tanaka as well!"
    It probably push the empty hype of Kazuo even further.
    "Thank you, Hizuka-san."

the servants run around to prepare for an "unoffical" tea meeting.

Lord Tadano

The Damiyo frowned
    "You surely have a witty tongue, just like your mentor" The bitter man dodge the trap, by sort of admitting to it's existence.
    He can never trust his brother.
    The cursed usurper.
    Sometimes, he wondered if his brother somehow made the horse to throw him off.
    "Well. In Odokuro's memories, I will keep respect the autonomy of the Sound Village. Odokuro was.. "
    his expression soften.
    "A friend. I dont want our's work to go to waste."

Nozojo sigh somberly.
    "It's natural, Lord. Odokuro was a living legend- but he picked me, because any war has to have meaning and porpuse- you might look down on my radio project, but I let many voices to be heard and lift the national spirit!"

Lord Tadano scratch his beard, with a somber expression and sighed.
    "Please forgive the pain of a bitter and broken man, young Ishikawa-san. I sometimes forget, how unique it is for the Hope Generation to NOT to be veterans before puberty." he look at Jirou.
    "I might be not very kind- but I am not a lier. I will give you a fair chance- but I am openly preffer Ameoku- she is a war hero, geniouse, and doing great with the Anbu with our limitied resources."
    Tnough, agewise Tadano isnt older then Jirou's parents- but he is sick and bitter.

Nozojo smile. "And that why I think the Ottokage title won't suite her. A good katana need a hand to hold it, but without a hand..."
    Tadano mood twist again.
    "At least she manage not to insult the Fukaimi clan. If we press on them too much, I am certain other villages will welcome them."
    His wife try to soften it.
    "Well. We can trust the ninjas to deal.with their own misunderstandings. Why dont we all go to the big meeting?"
    With more people, her huaband were... more leaning toward his manners.

Spoiler: radio training
    Show

OOC: It's fine. At least as it is now, it extremly costly-
    Nozojo basicly injected a mini radio station into the brain, which include wierd metals and chemicals.
    Jirou got a slightly improved version-
    and it cant be great to the brain to have sich implant.
    + It cost a lot of chakra, abd Nozojo drugging himself to an almost literal death, to withstand it.
    Nozojo isnt even 40 and he is dieing.
    In a way, Radio jutsu should be a forbidden technique, but it less on the eldritch side and more on the.. mechanical(?) side.
    And a third limit, it is depend on having antenas around;
    radiowaves go eveeywhere, but the human abilty to interact with them require recivers.

It's not something you just spam and kill everyone with.
    In a way, it also a sucidical technique, just more.. elegant(?)
    My idea for it, was the pinnacle of suicidal detetmination, but also with diverse usage and in the theme of sound.

OFC, Jirou with better resources and conditions (Nozojo has devolped it as an officaly a genin during the Rice Indepdence War)

"Well. Yes. True. funny that you have mentioned the range- I am sacrificing a big antena for this example, so pay attention."
    Nozojo start to do the hand seals of... the Last Shout Technique- Jirou should recongnize it- it's an obligatory technqiue to pass as a Genin at Ottogakure.
    Nozojo grow paler as his life force is drained, but near the end of the jutsu, he add... the horse sign.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...sLVlAsZZtXTy&s

he end the technqiue and made the final motion- and then... from few kilometers away a big explosion is heard.
    "We can transfer sound based jutsus troigh the radio waves as long there are antenas."
    He fall to his knees, taking pills to renew his stamina and chakra.
    "If Konoha ever invade us again- I CAN be everywhere- anywhere with an antena, is a place where I can send sound and genjutsu techniques."
    He take a deep breath.
    "But my regular usage and the most important is... influencing the masses. Life is hard. I am raising the people spirit, their trust in our common goal. I do high quality content if may I so myself, but.. it's just another push. I dont want to brag... but I think my radio was as essential to our indepdence as the first Ottokage's power and charisma."

- - - Updated - - -

Usagi

Usagi glare at Raizo and... jump away.
    A sudden burst of unexplained anxiety attack her.
    "No! Nonono! Why now?!"
    she reach the roof, holding her head, as her own voice echo in her head.
    "This spoiled privliged brat. Why foes he get to be respected, to have living parents and be filthy rich?!"
    her hand shaking reached a kunai, her eye twitched.
    "SHUTTUP!" she bark at herself, pull away her scarf, and scrath the scar to reopen it.
    It was the pain and also her rivalry-admire of Kimiko that has snapped her out of.. whatever it was.
    She shook, as the anxiety escaped... but she was injured. How the #^@*@ can she explain it?
    She cant be helpless!
    Silently she start to bandage and clean herself.

Was it a cackling that echoed somewhere?
    It's fine. It"s all fine.
    She will get back and say she had to use the bathroom.

Raizo

Raizo have noticed the quick departure of Usagi, and deciddd not to react to it- just to take a mental note.
    Shame. Her tale was very inspiring, especialy considering his father's history.
    Mauywo Fukaimi just bowed with a serene expression.
    "My service is part of the greater harmony, young lord." his face is expressionless.
    He felt disdain to more or less... anything.
    But he had to compromise.
    His clan had to compromise with so much- but he will prove everyone, that the Fukaimi way is beyond charity, and philosophy. He will prove that their way is also a practical power.

Yoru bowed. "Yoru. A son of a ronin. I was inspired by the first Ottokage himself. My father's sword is now mine- and it wielded for this nation and your family"

Raizo smile politlely, and it seems to be an expression that tattooed to his face.
    "Of course! I would be delighted to hear all of your tales!" I have studied about each of you, but to hear it right from the source is a diffrent thing entirly! How about... we shall sit for a tea? Just an unoffical meeting between... fellow kids! Yes!" Raizo enthusiasim might sound to those with a sharp ear a bit.. fake
    Not fake in the sinister way, more like someone who learned how to interact with "fellow kids" from a book.
    "My father speak highly of your's father, Kimiko-san may his soul rest in peace" he reply and add a slight bow to each of them

With Ryone, it give Raizo a chance to use a cheesy damiyo.line he has heard his father use.
    "You might not be able to talk, but I hear you."
    Raizo HAS to be perfect. It his duty.
    If those ninjas risk their lives for him and his family, the very least he can do is to be perfect!
    "Kazuo Tanaka!" Raizo say with a certain gasp

"Humble. And we are might be relatives- I am a Tanaka as well!"
    It probably push the empty hype of Kazuo even further.
    "Thank you, Hizuka-san."

the servants run around to prepare for an "unoffical" tea meeting.

Lord Tadano

The Damiyo frowned
    "You surely have a witty tongue, just like your mentor" The bitter man dodge the trap, by sort of admitting to it's existence.
    He can never trust his brother.
    The cursed usurper.
    Sometimes, he wondered if his brother somehow made the horse to throw him off.
    "Well. In Odokuro's memories, I will keep respect the autonomy of the Sound Village. Odokuro was.. "
    his expression soften.
    "A friend. I dont want our's work to go to waste."

Nozojo sigh somberly.
    "It's natural, Lord. Odokuro was a living legend- but he picked me, because any war has to have meaning and porpuse- you might look down on my radio project, but I let many voices to be heard and lift the national spirit!"

Lord Tadano scratch his beard, with a somber expression and sighed.
    "Please forgive the pain of a bitter and broken man, young Ishikawa-san. I sometimes forget, how unique it is for the Hope Generation to NOT to be veterans before puberty." he look at Jirou.
    "I might be not very kind- but I am not a lier. I will give you a fair chance- but I am openly preffer Ameoku- she is a war hero, geniouse, and doing great with the Anbu with our limitied resources."
    Tnough, agewise Tadano isnt older then Jirou's parents- but he is sick and bitter.

Nozojo smile. "And that why I think the Ottokage title won't suite her. A good katana need a hand to hold it, but without a hand..."
    Tadano mood twist again.
    "At least she manage not to insult the Fukaimi clan. If we press on them too much, I am certain other villages will welcome them."
    His wife try to soften it.
    "Well. We can trust the ninjas to deal.with their own misunderstandings. Why dont we all go to the big meeting?"
    With more people, her huaband were... more leaning toward his manners.

Spoiler: radio training
    Show

OOC: It's fine. At least as it is now, it extremly costly-
    Nozojo basicly injected a mini radio station into the brain, which include wierd metals and chemicals.
    Jirou got a slightly improved version-
    and it cant be great to the brain to have sich implant.
    + It cost a lot of chakra, abd Nozojo drugging himself to an almost literal death, to withstand it.
    Nozojo isnt even 40 and he is dieing.
    In a way, Radio jutsu should be a forbidden technique, but it less on the eldritch side and more on the.. mechanical(?) side.
    And a third limit, it is depend on having antenas around;
    radiowaves go eveeywhere, but the human abilty to interact with them require recivers.

It's not something you just spam and kill everyone with.
    In a way, it also a sucidical technique, just more.. elegant(?)
    My idea for it, was the pinnacle of suicidal detetmination, but also with diverse usage and in the theme of sound.

OFC, Jirou with better resources and conditions (Nozojo has devolped it as an officaly a genin during the Rice Indepdence War)

"Well. Yes. True. funny that you have mentioned the range- I am sacrificing a big antena for this example, so pay attention."
    Nozojo start to do the hand seals of... the Last Shout Technique- Jirou should recongnize it- it's an obligatory technqiue to pass as a Genin at Ottogakure.
    Nozojo grow paler as his life force is drained, but near the end of the jutsu, he add... the horse sign.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...sLVlAsZZtXTy&s

he end the technqiue and made the final motion- and then... from few kilometers away a big explosion is heard.
    "We can transfer sound based jutsus troigh the radio waves as long there are antenas."
    He fall to his knees, taking pills to renew his stamina and chakra.
    "If Konoha ever invade us again- I CAN be everywhere- anywhere with an antena, is a place where I can send sound and genjutsu techniques."
    He take a deep breath.
    "But my regular usage and the most important is... influencing the masses. Life is hard. I am raising the people spirit, their trust in our common goal. I do high quality content if may I so myself, but.. it's just another push. I dont want to brag... but I think my radio was as essential to our indepdence as the first Ottokage's power and charisma."

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Titan in the Playground

Yuyuyu:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    "The first thing to do is to decide which method of hand-to-hand combat is most effective for you. I prefer a form of close-quarters combat focused on precise strikes and throws but differant bodies are built or differant kinds of movement."

The humanoid serpent takes a stance not unlike a boxer. "Show me what you've got."
    Yuyuyu will take a stance taught to all Otogakure academy students and begins a standard attack pattern with her fists. Her taijutsu was average for a ninja, but as she fights begins trying to incorporate feints and misdirection into her strikes, some of her movements are a bit dance-like, reminiscent of the dance she did earlier seemingly out of habit or unconscious movement than anything intentional. Its clear she was only taught what everyone else was and was only mixing it with other things because of her own creativity, tendencies and preferences. There is potential for a style more fitting to her and what she is doing, she has just yet to find or learn it.

Jirou:
    "Thank you for the compliment Daimyo-sama. I am sure I can come to an understanding with the Fukaimi clan."
    He would have to come up with something to keep their favor when this was all over. He walks with them into the big meeting room.

Spoiler: Radio Training:
    Show

"Indeed, a radio tower like this....would it not also help in such matters of trust and connection in Port Sake? We make one there and it could broadcast more general things to lift not only the spirits of our ninja but the people of all this nation. Show that we're not some place apart from them, build trust, morale, perhaps even be a center of news and information for them apart from the newspapers. If we're worried about spies figuring out how this tower works, it already dominates our skyline. Any spy would simply have to look up at it and be curious as to what it is to discover its existence to begin investigating, so I doubt its more mundane secrets would remain so forever. However if I can keep the significantly more secret radio jutsu you've taught me safe while spreading the medium through which its used...there is potential there. Imagine if we can use such jutsu to defend Port Sake as well. Imagine if Konoha stole the designs for our radio tower without knowing what we can do with it, only to find out that we could exploit them having it as a weakness against them. How ironic would that be?"
    Jirou muses while appreciating the distant destruction.

Genin Tales 1:
    Kimiko sits down, being noble-like and elegant as she can as expected of her station.
    "Oh why thank you Raizo-sama, but I never really knew him all that well."
    She remembers what her mother talked about, about her father, what he did. But the past is the past. Her future as the collector of all jutsu awaits, and she won't get anywhere towards that by dwelling upon it. She begins telling a tale as she sips some tea.
    "Hyuhyu, Let me tell of the tale, my first time I fought an enemy ninja, my lord: You see it was my team was sent on test by our captain, not even supposed to be a real mission, we were supposed to infiltrate the Broken Record Club and sing a song as a band. We would take the place of a band called the Bye-Bye Kitties, do some harmless knocking out, some singing and everything would be fine, they were dropout ninja worry not they could handle some rough housing as it were. When suddenly that fiend Futility-san, a ninja speaking of despair and darkness showed up to try and kill us all, locking us in the back room and trying to fill the room by pouring acid into it! So we and the Bye-Bye Kitties climbed to the attic and fought Futility-san on the roof! With my brilliant tactics and of scattering paper bombs everywhere to establish a zone of control I was already figuring out a way around his terrifying mind reading abilities and with a replacement jutsu outwitted him to cut off his head when he least expected it! But alas, he probably used his mind reading to cheat and figure out that the Bye-Bye Kitties being ninja dropouts never mastered such a technique to evade attacks and took advantage of their incomplete training to injure them! A last move out of pathetic spite no doubt to keep me from total victory. But nevertheless I was victorious, saving the Bye-Bye Kitties lives with my shining brilliant presence, as Futility-san no doubt would've killed them all if I hadn't intervened."
    If Usagi hears, she knows it is a distorted retelling. Kimiko ignores the voice in the back of her head that their injuries were her fault, ignores it whispering that she could've instead worked to save them instead of going for the kill. That she had been the strongest, smartest shinobi there and that it was on her that she didn't work to save them. Ignores the pain she felt when she beheaded him. Ignores that Team 3 was the real target and they probably got the Bye-Bye Kitties caught in the crossfire because they went there. But the alternative was to admit her mistakes in front of him.

Hizuka looks tiredly at Kimiko, knowing that it her ego talking but unable to contest it with facts. She tells her own like a noir story:
    "How lucky for you. Let me tell of you of one my missions: It was a C-rank. We had gone out to investigate a murder at a factory. One of the bosses had died to someone's blade, but the workers were all thankful that he was dead for some reason. Questioning them it revealed that the boss was treating his workers badly, making them work unreasonable hours and was against reducing the pollution that the factory produced. Almost everyone there had some motive for killing him, so we had to narrow the culprits to who could've actually physically done it. We did so until we found the only person who could've possibly done it- then suddenly they bolted. we attacked but their disguise dispelled revealing them to be a red-masked rogue ninja with purple clothing, who gave back the unconscious worker they replaced to pull this off. They proclaimed that the murder was "for the greater good" and was only sticking around in case anyone with similar policies about the factory was put into his position, ready to kill again. We of course tried to capture this shinobi but they escaped and no matter how much me and Team 4 searched, we could not find them again. We didn't know who they were, and for all we knew they were lying about why they did it. It was one that had gotten away, leaving only rain in the dark cloudy skies. To this day I wonder what greater good they were talking about, or if it was good at all."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-08-30 at 09:47 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1032

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yuyuyu:Yuyuyu will take a stance taught to all Otogakure academy students and begins a standard attack pattern with her fists. Her taijutsu was average for a ninja, but as she fights begins trying to incorporate feints and misdirection into her strikes, some of her movements are a bit dance-like, reminiscent of the dance she did earlier seemingly out of habit or unconscious movement than anything intentional. Its clear she was only taught what everyone else was and was only mixing it with other things because of her own creativity, tendencies and preferences. There is potential for a style more fitting to her and what she is doing, she has just yet to find or learn it.
    It is readily apart that, even holding back, that Yorokobi is not taking this spar seriously.

After about ten minutes, she stops you.

"About what i suspect, a one size fits all style meant for mass production of basic competence rather than true mastery of the individual. Still, it's better than nothing."

"Once you've caught your breath, I want you to just... Go wild. Run around, jump, throw your arms and legs around in whatever way feels most natural."

Senko notes Usagi's departure.

...She has a bad feeling about this. Very discreetly she transforms a finger into a law and cuts herself, trying to dispel any genjusu effects that might be affecting herself.

Senko can't help but think that this whole thing is some kind of trap, the Otokage using the whole Hope Generation as bait to lure out Ottomaru and his collaborators.

She makes a note to ask Usagi what really happened as soon as they're alone. that was just a little too spooky

"I am the current Snake Sage. Stole the contract right out from under the nose of the leaf village, they have to come to me if they want to maintain their tradition of snake summoners. Youngest sage on record."

If people are bragging without context.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-08-30 at 10:17 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi sneak to a bathroom to clean her bleeding neck.
    In the reflection in the mirror, Naggaishi the rabbit queen has appeared.
    "Do not be helpless." she demanded before the reflection turned again to be a pale, wide eyed Usagi
    "I know! I know!" she barked

---------

Summit Room-
    Many important people waited around a "pie" form of tradional low tables, tea, and tradtional high society meal.
    On the walls were decoration of musical instrent Yukais.
    Some of them were mayors of towns, one was even a representive of Kurokaze Inc- the corpration that economicaly control the Land Of The Wind, and focused on oil and transporation. (Mostly trains).
    They are intrested in the rice of the Land Of Rice, and also using alliance with them as a bragaining chip against the Land Of Fire.
    But they have quite the dark and greedy reputation to slowly take over econimacly where ever they are allowed, so Lord Tadano never agreed to anything seriouse with them, but he neither cant completly ignore them.
    But Kinsaiku seemed like a young and cute girl https://c4.wallpaperflare.com/wallpa...er-preview.jpg
    nothing like the dark rumors about Kurokaze Inc!
    Jirou's mother might have reported to Jirou and/or Nozojo about Ameku meeting Kinsaiku at least once.
    But she couldnt discover what were they talking about.
    Kinsaiku is accompanied by a Sand chunin as a guard who stood behind her.
    She could of course allow herself a Junin guard, but in small countries like the Rice, it made the locals... nervouse.
    Everybody rose up and bowed with respect, just as Kinsaiku who looked about Jirou's age.
    "Tadano-Dono! The Secont Ottokage! Jirou-Sama! What a great honor to see all three of you!' She say sweetly.
    Lord Tadano looked annoyed.
    "...Always happy.. to see... buisness intatives in my country' he grumbled.
    Nozojo. "I am always happy to see energetic and brave youth." he smile.

-------
    Spoiler: Radio Ninja Trainings
    Show

"It's a good idea, I have thought about. But our Damiyo has banned such intatives. He isnt a ninja, but this old bastard has insticts that tell him, that in our radio system there is more then meet the eye... and I have failed to gain enough of his trust." he explain and put a hand over Jirou's shoulder.
    "I *hope* you can suceed in where I have failed. My time is almost over, I wish I could have trained you in more humane pace, but I dont have the time."

)In general,I have achieved what I wanted with this scene)

"Unoffical" Tea Party with the young lord.
    Raizo smiled aprovingly.
    "It is very impressive, young lady Ishikawa. What a resolve to adapt to a worsening situation! I do hope those "bye bye kitties", are in well condition now. I have heard, of the sympathy your village show to their weaker members. It's admirable." he give an exact praise.
    Thankfully, right now Usagi sulking at the bathroom,instead of causing a scene.

"A very wise soluation to a very complicated situation." he say to Hizuka.
    "You did very well!"
    Yoroi:"Well, our team were tasked with bunch of bandits supported by Ronins and missing nins! Gurasu-" he slap the back of the Komoro bat-nin dork from his team. "Thought that we would beed backup! Hahaha! But our Captain were certain we can do it! With the combined super hearing abilities of Mayuwo and Gurasu we mapped where exactly were any of them, and even discovered women they have kidnapped for..." He paused a bit.
    Mayuwo tried to keep his serene expression and not to frown.
    "Unsavory buisness." he completed Yoroi who has continued.
    "Yes!" Yoroi said excited. "I have challenged the bulk of them, and had to resort to use the curse of my blade, while Mayuwu and the captain has defeated the bosses with a series of exact surprise attacks ahd Gurasu has led the kidnapped women to safey using his fluffy ears!"
    And Yoroi has grabbed Gurasu's bat ear.
    "Ouch ouch ouch!"
    "Our teamwork was flawless!" Yoroi said with pride.
    A muscle twitched in Mayuwu's face. He hated to cooperate with a woman- let alone a scandlouse one as Nekazuko!
    He said nothing.
    Raizo nodded. "A team work is the secret for every succesful orgnization!"

Raizo look at Senko with much respect. "I bet the servants of my cousins are very frusrated! Haha!" he chuckle a bit, though it's an "offical chuckle"- he was taught to show his "michivouse and humane side" when the oppurtinity show itself.
    "Very good!"

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

Yuyuyu:
    She nods then begins....spinning, prancing, twirling, doing random elegant movements, swaying and turning and doing everything in flowing movements simply because she wanted to be beautiful, she wanted to be elegant and artistic, wanted to express finesse and flexibility, she wanted flow like water, blow and back and forth like the wind, she just...naturally wants to move like that. Like a more free and improvisational form of the classic dance she showed Yorokobi earlier.

Jirou:
    He says politely in response
    "Please to meet you as well, Kinsaiku-san."
    He keeps himself way even as he greets her. She could be a ninja in disguise, or simply a civilian being paid by Suna to spy on Sound and Rice on the side. You can never have enough information and a most people can never have enough money. But her talks with Ameoku says something different: as liaison between Ameoku and Suna? Perhaps this is the source of Ameoku's confidence in victory, she wishes to get Suna's help in defeating Konoha. It would certainly significantly increase the odds. However he wondered if Suna's part in this was genuine. Konoha was more economically and politically powerful an ally, granted just as dangerous a foe potentially but they had an alliance for a reason: In the current politics Kumo and Iwa were allied against Konoha if they ever attacked, Konoha and Suna were allied against those if they ever attacked, and Kirigakure was currently on its own due to its Yagurist ideology. Destroying Konoha would leave Suna vulnerable to Iwa and Kumo teaming up on them. But then again, Suna could gain a lot of good will with Iwa at the very least by including them into the plans, but the idea of potentially letting Iwa in on such a plan when both nations have very dry land and hard to farm lands would leave too much open to competition over the spoils- namely, the bountiful food and water Fire Country possesses. Both Iwa and Suna would want that for themselves.

Jirou didn't know what their plan was or whether he was even right, but his educated guess, his instincts, told him Sunagakure was setting up Sound Village to fail. If Suna worked out an alternate deal with Konoha to gain the land of Rice for themselves if they let the sound village die rather than helping them for example, Suna could gain the Land of Rice's bountiful lands for themselves without the risk of starting the Fourth Shinobi War. Make a false promise, not help and warn Konoha of the attack, watch a minor village die to Konoha, get lands to feed the Land of Wind. Made a lot of sense. Doesn't mean he is right, but thats what he'd put money on.

But enough speculation.
    "Its most unfortunate my fiancee could not attend this gathering, but she had to train someone with a different kind of potential than the genin we have here today. I guess I get to your enjoy your radiant company all to myself, Kinsaiku-san."
    He gives her a sexy bishie smolder look at her. Offer a forbidden fruit in form of a husband promised to another, make her believe that he is a foolish man easily seduced by her wiles and that she could manipulate him, and he might just be able to bait out her plans with Ameoku.

Genin Tales 2:
    Team 2's Miho Kaguya starts telling a tale of their exploits:
    "We went on a mission to take down a particularly large group of bandits that had been grouping up in the western region of the Land of Rice. We went in to find and defeat them so that they no longer posed a threat to our nation's people. When we encountered them, Kazuo must've sensed something was amiss for he ran away to respond to an attack from behind!"
    Kazuo knows he just did it to run away in general and that he was a coward.
    "Thankfully he took care of the ambush from behind, but that was not all of and we had to search to find the rest of them, but Kazuo is a better investigator than I, for when he came running back to report they were chasing after him!"
    Kazuo knew that he just wanted to find a place to hide to wait out the mission and just by luck found the same place the bandits were hiding.
    "After we took take of them, a ronin appeared, saying he led the bandits to try and unite them so they can survive together with numbers against a world that did not care for them, speaking of how they planned to gather an army to someday overthrow a minor nation so they can rule themselves. It was a fierce battle that all of Team 2 fought in, I matched his blade with my bones, Naneko attacked him from the side or from the shadows while our captain and Kazuo fought with sound attacks from range. Just when all hope seemed lost the ronin standing over us all gloating about the coldness of reality crushes all hope and all he would kill us, Kazuo, battered and beaten on the ground grabbed his leg and blasted soundwaves through it to take him out for good!"
    "Aw come on Miho, you did the bulk of the straight up fighting against him, it took so much force for him to break through your bones! and Naneko was the one constantly setting up traps and wearing him down. I didn't do that much."
    "But you did get the final blow, Hero of Otogakure" Naneko says
    "Well....he was going to kill you guys and....I couldn't let that happen. Your my friends after all, and he was a jerk." Kazuo says with a surprising amount of determination.

"Hmph." says Tetsumi with bitterness. "How lucky you all are, to have such successful missions."
    A different tone begins to set in as she tells her tale with a focused, intense glare
    "It was recently, about a week ago, fresh in my mind. I thought I was a normal ninja, normal genin, not notable at all. Me and my team were escorting a shipment of goods to Port Sake from some other nation. We didn't know what was within it, but apparently it was enough for a rogue shinobi to show up to take whatever was within. We fought as best we can, but the rogue shinobi killed Emari, my friend and I stopped in shock, Captain Miyabira suddenly jumped afterwards trying to stop the shinobi afterwards fighting as hard they could, but the captain.....she was killed as well. My despair suddenly turned to rage and I sang my song of vengeance, a great shriek that chased the rogue shinobi away from me and Ryone, grabbing whatever goods they were after on the way out. We had failed in our mission, and we took back their corpses to be buried with full honors for dying in the line of duty.

From that day forward, whoever that rogue shinobi is...my thoughts are consumed by them. I will stop at nothing to one day find out who they were and pay them back for what they have done. My bloodline....my kekkei genkai...will be a weapon for my vengeance, a tool to realize their downfall for their deaths! I swear on it!"

Her speech shocks all the other genin into silence. This....wasn't appropriate for this kind of company. The tension is broken when Kimiko, not detecting the change in tone says still in nadeshiko mode:
    "My my my, thats an exciting tale, Tetsumi. Congratulations on getting a kekkei genkai!"
    Tetsumi narrows her eyes at Kimiko's insensitive comment
    "....Tch. This is why I don't talk to people much anymore."
    Tetsumi says, turning away to sulk. Most of the genin shoots Kimiko a dark glare.
    "Hyu? What did I say?"

15. - Top - End - #1035

Yorokobi

The serpent smiles as she waits for Yuyuyu to finish. Yes, the girl has great potential.

Tea Party.

"Kimiko-san, allow me: 'Congratulations on your friend and mentor being murdered in front of you.' It doesn't sound very nice, does it? But that's effectively what you said. And this might be hard for a clan-heiress to understand, but not every bloodline ability is a gift... something activated by despair and rage..."

Senko shakes her head.

"You're lucky that this is the only response you're getting. If you had responded to the story of my bloodline awakening with a congratulations, well... You know what I can be like when I get angry. I know it's difficult, the way you were raised, but please try to have a little more empathy."

"Testusmi-san," Senko says while turning to the genin in question, 'for whatever it's worth, you have my sincere condolences."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-09-11 at 06:50 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Titan in the Playground

Infront of Old Lord Tanaka

Lord Tadano Tanaka was rolled by his wife to his spot at the center.
    She took a seat by his right.

Nozojo smiled. "You have few minutes to flirt kids, I should take my seat for this scene."
    He wave them casually and sit by the Damiyo's left.

Kinsaiku giggle, and pass the hair behind her ear.
    "Ara ara. I think it's her fault. My fiance know his place."
    "Mmm. Shame. I do enjoy... group meetings." she tease back.
    "But I guess we can do. So...? Are you a good investment?" she ask

------

in the presence ofYoung Lord Tanaka

Mayuwu shook his head. "Women's hearts were not meant for tragedy"
    Gurasu:"....You shouldnt say stuff like that..."

Mayuwu side glance him. "Oh. I have forgotten that truth is a sin."

But Raizo didnt noticed those bickerings.
    His shell cracked. True feelings have bursted here. It wasnt something he could fix with reciting his lessons.
    It was.. real.
    https://youtu.be/57jtCz67Zfw
    A tear dropped from his eye. his hands shook.
    "-...servants, make sure my guests are treated well" he manage to say, before he run after Tetsumi.
    Not because it was the right action to do, not the right policy, nor the tactical thing to do- it was.. humane. Spontanous, his legs carried him away.

"Wait!" he call after her.
    "-Please! Wait!" he can run pretty fast.
    (tainutsu level of an academy student.. which isnt bad for a politcian kid)

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

Yuyuyu:
    She finishes with a backflip high into the air with ninja leaping height and landing with a cute pose on the ground.
    "So....what you do think?"

Kimiko:
    She falls silent wondering.
    Empathy? I need to learn....empathy?
    What one must understand is that empathy isn't a highly valued attribute in a shinobi. They are soldiers and tools meant to fight and kill others in the most efficient way possible, using any and all methods to achieve victory. Due to the human element, this ideal of closing off one's empathy entirely is not always achieved, indeed something like the Anbu is where its consistently achieved at all. But ninjas are largely still cautioned and taught against it, at least when it comes to their foes. Kimiko is simply a case where the training was a little too successful.
    To learn empathy is dangerous. If I feel something for the foe on the battlefield that could impede my effectiveness. But its clearly a lack of it is not optimal in this situation.

But then again my problem with killing people- is...is that what empathy is? This feeling of not wanting them to die, this urge to hold back my strikes....is what it feels like? Is this the same feeling as my friendships with Senko? Usagi? Yuyuyu? But then why did I not feel any just now....?

....perhaps my empathy is being misapplied. Perhaps I wasn't taught the best about empathy management from my mother who has admitted she is not the best shinobi and thus would make mistakes. She tried to just suppress my empathy without realizing the situations in which it might be useful like social infiltration. Thus I shouldn't just suppress my empathy but properly manage it like a horse, taking it and out of the stables when needed. Easier said than done. how do I even develop or manage my empathy? Maybe If I let it out now I can figure out how-

She imagines what if Senko and Usagi died on a mission and how she would feel about it. She immediately feels a great chasm, a dark abyss of emotion open up within her and a bunch of existential thoughts begin drifting through her mind involuntarily, her expression becoming....haunted.
    Oh kamis, is what empathy feels like!? This is painful and depressing! Why do people do this to themselves!?
    She shuts it off, shuts it all off, she doesn't want these thoughts, doesn't want to think about them, no no no, not at all, nope. But she still needed to save face.

Tetsumi acknowledges Senko saying
    "Thank you Senko, its good to know someone cares."
    Then Kimiko comes up and says
    "My apologies Tetsumi-san, I should not have said that."
    Tetsumi looks at her and says
    "....I don't accept this apology."
    "What!?"
    She points at Kimiko with contempt on her face.
    "With my kekkei genkai, the Heart-Listeners, I hear the emotions of others. Right now I heard a short burst of the song of Loss from you but you quickly suppressed it for confusion and surprise. Now your heart sings the song of manipulation and self benefit. You intentionally shut off your attempt at putting yourself into my shoes but tried to make an apology anyways so that you'd look good. I dislike dishonest people like you, Kimiko Ishikawa."
    No different from any other ninja in her ears. Ever since she got the kekkei genkai, Tetsumi has heard how the songs of disingenuousness within people, observed how they feel one thing but say another, putting up false faces and saying fake sentiments. It sickened her how few people were truly honest in this world. Kimiko for her part is paralyzed in shock, not sure what to do now since manipulation and false faces is all she knows of social interaction.

Tetsumi turns and walks away after this, not caring for the tea party anymore.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-09-12 at 09:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1038

Training.

"I think you have a great deal of potential. The next step is the hardest part, rigid cookie cutter forms teach bad habits to people like us, whose bodies naturally want to move a certain way. You must unlearn any such things without unlearning that which is useful from that style and while also conditioning your body to use its natural movements to your advantage. This will take time. Take a moment to rest and then e can start."

That of course, would take a while and would be best handled off-screen, however.

Before that however, during the training, Yorokobi asks.

"Out of curiosity, how well do you know the young snake who has attached herself to your teammate?"

Tea Party

"Sin, Mayuwu-san, is when you treat a person like a thing. An object."

"You see women and you don't see complex people, you see something with a specific purpose and call any woman who does not fall within your narrowly defined views as defective and any evidence to the contrary is ignored."

"Of course, you're not the only ones. The entire shinobi system is built around the idea of treating human beings like weapons... And it does not work. A weapon can not think for itself. A weapon can not bleed. A weapon can not mourn the loss of a comrade, a weapon can not go rogue, a weapon can not look at the person holding it and say 'no, this is wrong.' I can not help but wonder how many rogue ninja got their start because they received an order that they could not, on a moral level, comply with and yet it is they who are the criminals, not the superior who ordered such an immoral action."

"This mindset is what leads to things like a clan head arranging for their child to be married off before the child is old enough to have a say, something that would be considered rape in another context, and treat it as fine and normal because they got a political alliance or a sizable bride price from it. It is the kind of thing that results in a child growing up not knowing how to interact with people because they were not taught to see them as people. And it leads to far worse things besides..."

Senko thinks about Ottomaru for a moment.

"And as for tragedy? I dare say you would break if you had to go through half of what I lived through."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-09-12 at 09:53 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

Yuyuyu:
    She tilts her head considering the question
    "Oh, Menko? She is loyal to Senko if a bit mischievous and snarky. But honestly thats a nice change of pace from Kimiko's huge ego and know it all attitude, Usagi's brashness and thirst for battle, and Senko's stoic bluntness about everything. I feel sorry for Odayama, I think he just wanted to have a normal team he could be a kind if lax mentor for and instead he got two geniuses and a battle-happy archer all with great ambitions and problems. Oh! but thats off-topic, other than that I don't know Menko that well? She seems nice."

Jirou:
    He responds languidly and suggestively
    "You better believe it. You can invest in me you all want, my stocks? Are rising, and with you, they will go sky-high, right through the roof. How about we go find somewhere quiet to discuss our potential.....business deal?"

Kimiko:
    She recovers from her rejected apology and turns to Mayuwo.
    "Hyu. You wouldn't know truth if bit you in the behind, Fukaimi. Besides everyone knows that I got better scores than you. Senko's right on the money about you, and I can prove that I can beat you any day of the week. The only tragedy here will be how much you can't handle ME, Mayuwo!"
    "Yeah!" says Naneko
    "you tell him!" says Miho
    "Screw you Fukaimi, I'll take enduring Kimiko over you any day." says Hizuka
    Ryone holds up: TETSUMI IS NOT BROKEN, SHE'S JUST HAVING A HARD TIME YOU EAR-JERK. on her chalkboard.
    Kimiko was an insensitive jerk but she was their female jerk to unite against the sexist male one.

Tetsumi:
    Raizo will find Tetsumi standing on the fence of somewhere staring outwards, brooding like the edgy vengeance-filled girl she is. She hears Raizo's cries and song of distress within, so she turns to look at him.
    "Raizo-sama. Why are you here? No wait I can hear to an extent, your feelings within says that you feel...surprised. distraught. You have never experienced the pain of a shinobi's life have you? Perhaps even, any life outside of your manor. It makes sense. Politicians do not want their children to be targeted by their enemies. This is new to you."

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

Mayuwu rolled his eyes, and looked up with an expression of a martyr.
    He look annoyed at Senko and sighed deeply.
    Gurasu and Yoroi moved away from him- it wasn't a thing the abided to, and they were too tired to argue about it with him.
    "No. This isnt what our monastic order- or "clan" is all about at all." He say flatly.

"There is harmony in the world, there are male roles and female roles. I have a mother, sister, female relatives in my clan- do you think I dont care for them?" he shake his head.
    "It's just the wrong role for women to be- there are things, no matter how much I would like to do, I shouldn't do- because I am male. If the world would have followed such a simple and basic philosophy- everyone understanding their roles in the harmony, we would have lived already in world peace. But people keep pushing for chaos and to break the natural harmony. I can only be in charge for myself and my family- I even have to obey to a female captain... the best I can do, is to keep the harmony within my soul, and to feel pitty toward all the confused people who agonize in their own chaos."
    He tilt his head.
    "I would never suffer a tragedy- no matter what happens, my soul is pure and harmonic. " he say with self importance.
    "Were you ever treated as a woman? A true woman in woman's role? Maybe this is why, you struggle with such an inner demon, Senko-san."

Gurasu shriek like a bat.
    "Mayuwu! Stop!"
    Mauywu give his temmate a dark side glance.
    "Very well. I shall keep the path to harmony and happiness to myself."

But then he got challenged by Kimiko.
    His perfectly adjusted eyebrows, frowned, his nearly closed off eyes, has opened with malice.
    Yes. His clan explained to him, it doesnt matter, how strong women can be as ninjas- their souls were corrupted. He shouldn't see his advancment as a race.
    This would be childish and pathetic- he only owe explanations to his own harmony

But people didnt cared about that! His calm was disturbed, and he was disturbed by the fact it was disturbed.

Mayuwu's theme: https://youtu.be/CzjWIfNrDlA
    or
    https://youtu.be/JDpff23sUOE

He gotten up at once, heated up.
    "Grades given by people who spit on my faith? Ha! As if it prove anything! If your inner woman wish to learn why only men should fight, I am willing to teach you any day!"

Yoroi who were a "hot head" himself, tried to calm him down.
    "Mayuwu, calm down, dont be silly-" he try to place his hand over his shoulder, Mayuwu dodge, and with a minimal movement pushed Yoroi back to sitting with an open palm push.
    A vein popped in his forehead, he breathed heavily, baringly holding his grudges.

Gurasu squeaked. "Maybe we should call a grown up...this is... too much."

---------

Raizo

---------
    "Y-yes." his voice quiver.
    "But it's not like I am spoiled!" He say apolgeticly.
    "My father make sure I sleep on the same quality beds our servants sleep on! I eat the same food! I wake up before dawn to train basic taijutsu!"
    He hold his face feeling his rare tears.
    "-....But yes." he lower his head in shame.
    "No matter how hard I work, study and train.... I never had the same hardships you real ninjas have, not even the struggles my father have.... I... try so much. I rarely ask for anything... but today I skipped my lessons to meet you all... something in my yearned for something real..."
    He break down like... the kid he was.
    "....But I'll never be a worthy leader, I am still too privliged... and am I worthy of carrying the cries of agony of my people?"
    Quite the big words he hear on daily basis.
    "....Please... allow me to try and share some of your burden." he ask quitly with none of highly mighty prince attitude.
    Just a boy, want to be ... good.

-------

Usagi washed her neck. Took her crotched and waddled out.. possibly walking on pair of young adults?
    ----

Kinsaiku chuckle.
    "Ara ara... right now?" she even blush bit.
    "You are quite impatient, shark-chan."

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

Jirou:
    "Ah, thats okay, that can wait of course as much time as you need, my name's Jirou by the way, so what about the Land of Rice is so interesting to Kurokaze Inc?"
    Good, make him look like he stereotypically going for it right off the bat and now has to reel it back in and be more patient. When really this was his plan all along, now she will think all he was trying to do was get into her pants when its the conversation before it that he is really after.

Tetsumi:
    She looks at him, her bitter expression unchanging.
    "Of course you do. It is the nature of humanity to seek out experiences they don't know, and to feel sadness at the misfortune of themselves and others.

But what you ask.....is folly. To take on the pain of all the world unto yourself is to sacrifice your life, for pain is ever renewing and endless and you are but a single boy, not even fully grown. Not even daimyos can do such a thing. Within my hearing, all are but animals feeling emotions underneath stoic facades of duty and reputation. There is nothing about you I can hear that makes you different from any other person, in terms of emotion. All that is different- is your position.

My pain is my own, Raizo-sama. It is impossible for you to take it from me to experience it yourself, and it would be foolish for you to try and replicate the experience. No leader has ever truly shielded their people from pain- the good ones simply play damage control with the agony that already exists so that its minimalized or led them so they can endure and overcome it. The bad ones inflict more. That is all."

Kimiko:
    "Hyuhyu, how foolish of you to assume something about all of humanity! Given that only your clan finds such roles harmonic, and this harmony clearly allows for different roles and standards already, what makes you think there isn't a greater harmony that divides those born Fukaimi and everyone else, and everyone who isn't Fukaimi is already living harmoniously? I may be a girl, but I'm not a Fukaimi girl, with a kekkei genkai and blue hair and everything so I'm clearly genetically different from a Fukaimi girl as you are. Maybe even more! Thus to force me to follow Fukaimi philosophy is to ignore that the genetic difference between Fukaimi and non-Fukaimi is probably more than those related to each other and thus against your harmonious philosophy because you'd be forcing an organism into being a role it isn't: a non-Fukaimi trying to be a Fukaimi, because I'm an Ishikawa.

Thus by your own philosophy's logic of genetic difference, my natural place in this world is more different than either of your gender roles. Get wrecked, droopy ear boy."

She grins as he pushes the other genin away with a palm strike.
    "Oh whats that? you mad? I'm sure the daimyo will love you being violent at this party. Go ahead idiot, start something see how he likes it, I'm sure it won't backfire on you in any way."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-09-13 at 06:00 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1042

Yuyuyu

Yorokobi grunts non-commitally and then returns to the training at hand.

Senko: React

Senko... Laughs.

Not sarcastically, not ironically. She explodes into genuine laughter. She's shaking violently as she does it.

"Hahah... I'm sorry but... You, a monk who lived a cloistered existence in a clan compound, are going to lecture me, a natural-born sage who spent half her life in the wilderness about harmony and natural roles? I'm sorry, but that's just so ****ing hysterical."

Senko calms.

"Okay, take it from me, someone who can literally feel the flow of natural energy in this world, someone who was part of the food chain for years: Harmony is a lie. It's something made up by humans who romanticize the balance of nature. Balance itself doesn't exist in nature, it's imposed artificially by humans. And nature has no binaries, just blured spectrums."

"Do you think the he-wolf and the she-wolf divide their roles between male and female? No, both hunt and both raise the cubs. Bees have three sexes and none of them properly conform to the concept of male and female. None can tell the difference between the mother rabbit and the father rabbit when they both flees the predations of the fox. The tree, the grass, the flower? Are both male and female and even in humans you'll sometimes get someone who was born with the characteristics of both sexes."

"The very idea of gender, of man and woman, was made up by humans. The only 'natural' roles in life are the niches that an organism evolved to fill, and that's a trait of the species, not the individual."

"Do you want to know what my natural role is? It's a fascinating story really, you see, my family are a branch of the Senju clan. My bloodline, as you call it, is a mutant form of wood release. You see, my uncle has been collecting information dating back to the time of the Sage of Six Paths, even interviewed beings who were alive at that time like the White Snake Sage, and it seems that the story of Kaguya Osusuki and the God-Tree are rather more literal than we thought. Obviously, things like he Rinnegan are probably exaggerations, but according to the white snake sage my Clan's powers are the same as the Ten-Tails."

"If true, that means that my natural role is to hunt and kill. To devour others in order to reclaim their chakra and hoard power for myself. To drain life itself from the world. It would certainly explain a lot, like the whole "flying into a homicidal rage if too much natural energy builds up in your body or you become too upset' thing."

"If your clan's cultish beliefs are that I should seek harmony by embracing my predetermined role... Are you volunteering to be the first sacrifice?"

"Or would you rather that I, as an enlightened human being, exercise my free will and ability to choose, that I continue to follow in the footsteps of my ancestors who rejected that destiny in favor of learning to control that power?"

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

Other Genin: React
    "Indeed, my clan studies a lot of plants for people that use bone jutsu" Miho Kaguya comments "and plants are both male and female in their traits....wait what was that about Kaguya?"
    "I can see harmony being a lie yes." Naneko comments "After all, war has been a constant truth of our world for generations. Death, destruction and violence hardly align with a such a concept, and we've done it since the first animal we've hunted, and the first hunting grounds humans fought over. Humans grew from nature and thus our natural tendencies clearly show what we're good at. Society arguably only makes more efficient what we used to do in a more disorganized manner."
    "It is technology that allows us to cooperate through things like the radio, the printing press and thus letters, books, messages, record-keeping and so on. Thus harmony is entirely artificial. This is a good thing!" says Hizuka "an artificial harmony can be improved upon and built to be better! The nations we have would not exist without the communication systems to centralize them into something more unified and coordinated, or the military technology to make constant warfare less desirable, or the methods of education and information preservation to keep a sense of continuity and preserving the identity of our culture and nation. Thus is the power of science, technology and progress! Imagine if we had to pass down our lessons through oratory methods- two orators might remember something slightly differently and get into a fight over what really happened or how your really supposed to do this and that wouldn't be beneficial to the concept of harmony at all."
    Hizuka grins.
    "Both you and Senko are just bragging about your genealogies, about the old legacies of arrogant nobility. The future of Otogakure and humanity lies in the future, in science, technology and progress, not the past."
    Ryone holds up her chalkboard:
    I'M MUTE. WAS BORN LIKE THAT. NO HARMONY WITH NATURE, JUST DEFECT WITH NO ADVANTAGE.
    She erases all that then scribbles:
    NATURAL HARMONY IS BULL. >:(
    "Hyuhyu, Girls please, let me handle this Fukaimi fool myself. I appreciate the backup, but I am perfectly capable of beating Mayuwo in any field all by myself. Fukaimi, consider what Senko said about nature, but said by me. Now imagine me ending it with "and your niche in life, Mayuwo is clearly to be a seething droopy-eared **** who doesn't know how science works because cause your father's too busy at work while your mother teaches you garbage because she was taught garbage, your clan's niche is to be a bunch of monks who are really bad at forsaking earthly attachments, and your personality's the punishment they have to endure." you mad? Good, what you gonna do about it? Whatever games we play at this party, I'll beat you. Thats a promise-no, a guarantee."
    She says throwing some disses, if not a roast of the Fukaimi clan. Mayuwo is her rival to slam after all, she has to be the one to stand out above all the rest.

Tetsumi is still with the young daimyo and thus cannot comment.

and where's Kazuo? he snuck off around the time Mayuwo started talking and the girls started getting angry. He wasn't getting involved in this, he is chilling in his room, enjoying the quiet for once. He is happy and relaxed even its just for a few moments. That and its a great way to avoid making enemies.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Titan in the Playground

Big People Meeting-
    In general, the Damiyo is relativly conservative, on one hand, not in hurry to accept changes he doesnt fully understand, but he is quite open to militarstic intatives-
    he has burning will for revenge against his brother who has usurped him.
    On more case by case, he would help people in need, but careful not "to rock the boat".

Nozojo would be charming-annoying, and act more like an entertainet then a politician and be the wingman of Jirou at every chance.

Kinsaiku between flirts and double meaning speech, would convey that Kurokaze are intrested in steady supply of food and water- the main logistical weakness of the Land Of Wind.
    Also, she claim they have a vision of a train railroad that will start in the land of Wind and get through all the small countries between the big countries, to enhance the connection between them and create an alliance of the small countries under the support (and influence) of Kurokaze Inc.
    Possibly hinting at Ameoku's big plan- a tight alliance between the small countries with devolped traffic between them.
    Kinsaiku though, wont admit or deny if Jirou ask more directly.

-----
    Raizo will humbly accept Tetsumi's words, but would offer his friendship and ear.
    Even offer a radio op that would allow her to call him directly.
    Raizo is more humble and wise after this meeting...

----

Mayuwu would debate who debate him calmly as he can, but Kimiko challenging him putt him off.
    "You are not worthy of throwing my harmony out of balance" and walk away.
    Yoroi aplogize and sigh, walking away, feeling uncomftrable, Gurasu stay but keep apologizing.
    "He... is even more problematic then the other Fukaimis. He feel so haunted.. but he never speak of his real feelings.. "harmony this. harmony that." We are supposed to be cousin clans.. but we are so diffrent"

Usagi will calm down and join the others.
    The party continue a bit more akward and stiff after those outbursts.
    But it done when Raizo thank everyone and
    "I'll be happy to see you all on my birthday tommorow." and give offical invitiation cards.
    There is a dark shine in Usagi"s eyes.

Time to go to bed, or walk the city a bit- anyway the day is finally over.

-----
    The morning is free as well.
    everyone doing their thing-
    Usagi is a bit distant and wierd, hyper focused on her trainings.
    Yoroi talk to Samurais and spar with them.
    Mayuwu medidate at the rock garden of the castle.

On parallel to the birthday party, Nozojo take the chunins, for their own meeting.
    It rare to actually collect so many of them in one place- usually it ill advised, but at Sake Port it should be fine.
    He and Jirou should be able to find any tech hearing devices and among the many diverse sound users it would be near impossible to spy on all of them.

He hire a bar, for relativly chill meeting- discussing their expriences with the hope generation and to speculate over the pre chunin exams.

Odayama allow himself to drink quite a lot.
    He doesnt speak much, mostly frusrated and desprate.

Nekaozoko- his sister in law, and the Captain of Yoroi, Mayuwu and Gurasu sigh.
    "What can I say? You Ottokage put me in charge of the small monk, sort of to spite them- and what can I say- it works. He is so spitefull. Not the point he isn't a great shinobi- because this self rightouse bastard is very skilled and smartass- but I feel like something dark brew in him. Actually among my genins, if any of them would explode and turn into a missing nin, it would be him. I dont know what to do- I tried to respect him, to taunt and show that I am capable.. but I cant reach his walls."

Odayama sigh, allowing himself this one hour of self pity and angst.
    They also could see on screen the party, and every time one of them would be physicaly close to the party in case something happens, but mostly it was handled by the Damiyo's guard.

-----

Raizo's Birthday Party- Hope Generation Gathering- Pre Chunin Exams.
    -----

The great hall was moved for a "hello fellow kids" kind of party- ballons, tables with snacks and cakes, a setting that probably near alien to most of those soldier children, and also to Raizo himself, who usually were raised in spartanic conditions.

The music
    https://youtu.be/WIKqgE4BwAY

was handled by the Bye Bye Kitties, so in a way it was a full reunion party- with the dropouts joining as the entertainment.
    The only wierd/clearly ninja thing was a teen looking girl, in generic Sound Ninja fashion- semi militarstic, semi punk attire, but no one would probably, recongnize this generic looking chunin, she is one of the Damiyo guard unit-
    usually a good place for skilled but intervert shinobis who wanted comftrable life, without feeling like a waste.
    "Hello! Dont mind old me!" she chuckle into the microphone.
    "My name is Masuku, I am the youngest guard of the Damiyo, I am here to make sure you are having fun, and to guide the games. You can also call me Fun-Dono!" she chuckle.
    "There also would be fun points!" she wave a fan made of tickets.
    "Those with the most fun points will get a prize! And those naughty kids who I catch cheating or sending hands to me- will get a taste of my thunder kick-" and to demonstrate she kick into dust one of the tables

Raizo is a bit puzzled. "Isnt it a bit extreme, Masuku-san?" he ask.
    Masuku chuckle. "Young lord, those are ninjas! They would get bored if I wouldnt be a tiny bit intense for them. Do you want your guests to get bored on your birthday young lord?" she ask overly sweetly.

"....No. I wouldnt" he agree.
    "Very well then! In two minutes we are starting a game of... Yakuza*!" she say overly cheerfully.

(*aka.. mafia)
    Masuku sit everyone in a big circle and explain the rules.
    The Bye Bye kitties sing accodringly to the phases of the game.
    "We have in general two sides- Ashigarus and Yakuzas. Most of you would be regular citizens on the side of the Ashigarus. During their night turn, Yakuzas pick as one together a target- failing to do so in 60 seconds will result in no assination." she explain.
    "during their turn the Ashigarus pick as one someone to protect. Failing to do so in 60 seconds will result in no defence." She explain.
    "When someone is succefully assinated I will anounce so in the morning, and the victim is out of the game. Then a vote is cast of who to "hang"- one who get the most votes is also out. You maye talk and convince each other for three minutes. Failing to vote would lead to no excuation
    Once all the Yakuzas are out- the "town" wins. When only Yakuzas are left- the Yakuzas wins."

she add.
    "There are also unique roles with unique goals-
    the suicidal who win by dieing.
    an Oni who just assinating indepdently of the Yakuzas.
    And the cultist- who start alone,but instead of assinating making others to join his cult. Failing to follow the rules is auto loss. No questions? Good. Close your eyes and cover faces to get your roles!

It supposed to be on random, and the genings shouldnt have a way to know otherwise.
    But a comittere were gathered what role would challenge them the most.

Kimiko got.. a citizen role. Can her ego deal with that? Officaly her only role.. is to survive.

Senko get a Yakuza- actually all the Yakuzas are the less... socialy capable, because it would be hard to coordinate silently a target.

Usagi get.. the suicidal.
    For her to win she need... to lose.

"Night!" Masuku anounce.
    "All heads down! Yakuzas! Up!'

)You also can feel free to deal the roles to the other characters with the guidlines of them being the most challenging for them.)

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #1045

At the tea meeting, final words.

"I would need to talk with Uncle to confirm the exact details Miho-san, but the White Snake Sage says, and my uncle's research corroborates, that Otsusukis, including Kaguya and her sons, were real people and were very powerful. She also confirmed that there was truth to the story of the God-Tree and the Ten-Tails, and described the abilities of my clan's bloodline as being akin to the abilities of that creature on a smaller scale. I am still coping with the implications of that revelation."

"And, Hizuka-san, I apologize for the confusion but... I am not bragging. Do not get me wrong, I fully intend to use every advantage I have to their fullest, but... Trust me, it is not worth it."

At the Party.

Honestly, Senko is just happy that she isn't the oni.

The first step for her is to see who the other Yakuza are.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

There two other Yakuzas...
    one is Mayuwu- picked for his anti social attitude.
    And mm.
    (I'll let Raziere pick the third one)

The Oni is probably Kazou who usually rely on others.

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

Jirou:
    He will play the besotted fool as best he can then say
    "Well I presume Kinsaiku-san, that you know that I may or may not be aiming for this idea for the minor nations of the shinobi nations. However I bet the Ameoku might or might not want the Lands of Wind's help in crushing Konoha in exchange for some economic deal of trade to get our food and water. Here is my hypothetical counter-offer assuming of course there is an offer to counter: I will offer that economic deal but without the need for a costly war and instead ask that Land of Wind back something I will call The Minor Countries League, a diplomatic international body through which the various minor nations can discuss their issues, and call upon mutual aid and support against stronger enemies. But I will not be limiting this body to minor nations- my hope is that it will grow and change with time to encompass everyone and helping the people of the Land of Wind would be perfectly in keeping with its principles.

Just imagine the nations being able to talk out their issues with each other in an honest, international forum instead of wasting precious time, money, lives and resources fighting."

He then gives her smolder look again.
    "That....and who would you rather see again when visiting Otogakure?"

The Time Between:
    Tetsumi Shiraki will consider it for a moment then take the radio op while broodily grunting a thanks.

Jirou will attempt to apologize to Odayama for what he said, hating him seeing him do this to himself.

Jirou will also speculate on the Genin:
    "I don't think Naneko will particularly struggle with any role in the Yakuza game, she is second only to Yuyuyu in social skills. Miho Kaguya while she is a relatively honest, calm and passive sort, a reputation for honesty can actually be an advantage when playing the yakuza role as few would suspect her of lying but I think she is too mild to be feel strongly about any role you throw at her. Kimiko's ego will simply fill the role she has been given to turn it into something she thinks sounds awesome to her own preferences. Ryone is at a disadvantage due to her muteness no matter her role, while Tetsumi's performance relies entirely on whether her kekkei genkai to hear emotions is cheating or not- she could use it to hear any contradictions between outward expression and inward feeling to call people out on their lies, if she is allowed to use it this could be over very quickly, but I'm guessing the challenge for her is to be able to work without her newly acquired kekkei genkai?"

Kimiko continues her own training in private.

Miho Kaguya, Naneko Masuku, Kazuo Tanaka, Ryone Aihoshi, and Gurasu if they can persuade her/him/them, to have a general fun time on the town while they can.

A Game of Yakuza: Night
    In the game of Yakuza, there are generally recommended to be two yakuza members. This is generally recommended for any game of 6-10 people, between teams 1, 2, 3 and 5, there are 12 Genin. This is close enough to ten that one probably doesn't need a third person, especially if a role like the Oni is being used for the third killer, but three yakuza is fine. Due to the nature of the game night phases are silent, conducted entirely through gestures, pointing and so on so that no information is revealed to the citizens.

Senko finds that the third Yakuza is.....Hizuka Okukaga, being a less socially capable nerd just like Senko or Kimiko but also kind of disliking both Mayuwo and Senko, making her angry that she is teamed up with them. Yeah this is going to be hard to coordinate.

Kazuo is nervous covering his face and head down. He'd be nervous no matter his role, but he is currently thinking what in the world is he going to do? Him, Oni? Why?

Kimiko: Be a Total Disguised Toast about this
    Meanwhile, Kimiko even when she is heads-down 'sleeping', is thinking about how the game could go and what her strategy was. Her brilliant mind calculates that given the number of people here, that the yakuza in optimal conditions has a 50% chance to win, if the ashigaru has nothing better than random chance to identify the yakuza. However the inclusion of other roles other than yakuza and ashigaru throws off this mathematical simulation. The Oni adds a third player that can kill and thus could help or hinder the ashigaru. the cult leader adds a faction that can grow and could lead to a united voting block that out votes everyone if not eliminated early, and the suicidal creates incentive against voting people out on a knee-jerk reaction. Her goal was to survive. Her ego sees the citizen role as a challenge: win without any gimmicks and thus become the greatest unofficial detective!

The problem was she has never played this game before and it relied on social deduction and deception-not her strong suit. She knew Yuyuyu would probably be unbeatable at this game, no matter the role. Therefore she had to figure out how to win without cheating, without any certainty of gaining clues to figure out who is what. A normal investigation would have evidence, clues and like to narrow things down, but here its all reading others. Therefore her strategy had to be about focusing on deceiving people and getting rid of who is most likely to be good at the game. She forms a mental map of who is playing and what role she'd think they'd be good at:

Spoiler: Kimiko's Mindmap
    Show
    1-Kimiko Ishikawa, Ashigaru
    2-Usagi, Unknown (Roles she'd excel in/Excel Roles: Oni, Yakuza)
    3-Senko, Unknown (Excel Roles: Cult Leader, Ashigaru, but also Suicidal due to her willingness to call people out and thus provoke their emotions to focus on her)
    4-Miho Kaguya, Unknown (Excel Roles: Ashigaru, she has little skill in the way of deception, is honest and thus better suited to finding yakuza than being one)
    5-Naneko Masuku, Unknown (Excel Roles: Ashigaru or Yakuza, she is taught to not stand out and to blend in thus would be less of a target for either side)
    6-Kazuo Tanaka, Unknown (Excel Roles: Unsure, is his humility and constant proclamations that he is just lucky true or just a mask?)
    7-Hizuka Okukaga, Unknown (Excel Roles: Unsure, her personality seems to be a weird blend of Usagi and Senko who are very contrasting)
    8-Ryone Aihoshi, Unknown (Excel Roles: None, her inability to speak impairs her ability to defend herself from accusation)
    9-Tetsumi Shiraki, Unknown (Excel Roles: With her Kekkei Genkai, presumably all of them? Without it, Oni)
    10-Mayuwo Fukaimi, Unknown (Excel Roles: Unsure, he might relish the chance to be Oni/Yakuza to eliminate many women)
    11-Yoroi, Unknown (Excel Roles: Unsure, Yoroi seems similar to Usagi so maybe Oni/Yakuza?)
    12-Gurasu Komoro, Unknown (Excel Roles: Unsure. is nervous and timid)
    13-Raizo, Unknown (Excel Roles: Unsure, Cult Leader or Ashigaru?)

Yes, soon her 999,999,999 I.Q. Plays will carry her to victory. They stood no chance against her genius fivehead galaxy-brain stratagems! She even took into account that being the smartest person in the room made her the biggest target
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-09-22 at 01:09 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1048

Upon seeing her fellow Yakuza are the raging misogynist and her own rival, Senko immediately concludes that there's no way this was a coincidence.

It's clearly some kind of test and... The prize...

...There are an awful lot of adult ninja here for just a birthday party. The senseis could be weirrten off as young genin needing a guardian but Ameoku? The Otokage? Jirou?... No.

Senko is now operating ont he assumption that the prize is either the winner's team being sent to the Chunin exams.

So there's the rub... How does Senko make sure that not just she, but a member of her team, is the winner?

She looks at the non-yakuza... Particular her own teammates, while thinking over which of them are in what wole...

Kimiko-san would be excellent in the position of a cult leader, so that can be ruled out... And she'd like being an Ashigaru or The Oni.

...As would Usagi-san.

So, operating on the assumption that this is a test, either or them could be the suicidal, and the one who isn't is a civilian... Though Usagi might be the cult leader.

She then looks back at her "teammates" for the game...

And silent points to Kimiko, casting her vote for who the Yakuza should "kill."

Mayuwu and Kimiko had gotten rather heated in challenging each other the night before, and Hizuka disliked Kimiko almost as much as she disliked Senko.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2022-09-22 at 02:08 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Titan in the Playground

Yakuza Game: Night
    Hizuka:
    Will also point at Kimiko in the yakuza phase.

Kazuo: Randomness Oni
    When his night phase begins he will not know who to pick, so he chooses at random:
    Spoiler: OOC random roll:
    Show

1-Raizo
    2-Kimiko ishikawa
    3-Senko
    4-Usagi
    5-Miho Kaguya
    6-Naneko Masuku
    7-Hizuka Okukaga
    8-Ryone Aihoshi
    9-Tetsumi Shiraki
    10-Yoroi
    11-Gurasu Komoro
    12-Mayuwo Fukaimi

Roll is.......are you kidding me, I rolled a 2 on google dice. even luck wants Kimiko to lose this!

And ends up pointing at Kimiko Ishikawa randomly. Not knowing that the Yakuza had also potentially pointed at her.

Ryone:
    She will choose Kimiko to protect, thinking that while she is a jerk, she is the smartest player here and thus could be helpful in narrowing down who is the yakuza are.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-09-23 at 04:01 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

Mayuwu also point at Kimiko.
    He might claim his harmony is undisturbed, but this is a perfect oppurtnity to act upon his grudges.
    Will Senko agree with them? Try to silently(?) perusade them?
    Or keep indecsivness to protect Kimiko?

(ok ok. let's assign roles)-
    Raizo- Citizen.
    Kimiko- citizen
    Usagi- suicidal
    Kazou-Oni
    Hizuka, Senko&Maywu- Yakuza.
    Gurasu&Ryhone- Ashigarus
    Naneko-Cult leader
    Yoroi- citizen.
    Have anybody was missed?

(BTW- for this game it's not "win" or "lose'- it's about point system- "fun tickets' which theoritacly could be physicaly stolen. Also the there is only one Chunin in the party- the captains are at the some bar in the city watching/listening from afar)
    Gurasu would point at Kimiko and it seems so is Ryhone.
    Mayuwu might hear Kimiko's pleas

(Kikuhoko- C Ranked- an improvment of the Kikumoku. This technique listen to the slight vibrations and movements of objects, and "hear" their aim, and can prepare for attacks of non living objects as well.)

before morning phase, I wait for Senko's decision-
    It's isnt a majority decision, they need to agree as one.

------
    My previouse Avater