New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto SoundITP IC 1: A Melancholy Song of Hope To Come

Kimiko:
    "Actually there is no mission ranking below D in any nation, Odayama-sensei. The universal mission ranking system was put place by a Five Kage summit late into the Second Kage Generation, after a series of miscommunications where a spy from one nation had a grading system that was completely in reverse to another nation and thus mistakenly reported a low-priority mission as a high priority one to their true superiors, and was interpreted as coded instructions for an attack on them, nearly setting off the Third Ninja War early. The Kages, not wanting to make bad moves due to confusing intelligence, all agreed to universalize the rankings."
    she says matter of factly, having read and remembered the shinobi histories by heart.
    "Yeah shes right."
    "But wait whats that about survival-"
    Yuyuyu tires of this and starts walking forward with a grin her face.
    "Come on, we know the job lets get movin'."
    Kimiko shrugs and follows after her.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Odayma smile and shrug. Such uptight kids. Ninjas without sense of humor won't survive. At least sanity wise. He wave off.
    "Good luck!" All he answer. When theny enter, he does a V.
    "Yes! I don't have to take her home!"
    He laugh malicoucly
    "Now my plan is complete, and I have time to... fold the laundry!"
    -----

The Kinder garden class is a new building, and unlike most of the village, the walls are painted colorfully, with posters, some of them represent cartoonish hand seals.
    There are corners of game like in mundane kinder garden- infimary stance with medical nin custom, simplifed body chart with chakra points, "family stance" with toy kitchen and the such. At the yard, there are play version of ninja training field.

For the moment, the care taker, a middle aged woman with the forehead protector on her wrist.
    She just finish reading them a story.
    "...and so the teddy bear has finished his quest for vengance and shared his honey one again with his friends."
    She close the book, and she and all the children stared at the trio girls.

Esepcialy at the legless one, who felt akward and lo9ked away.

They of course recongnize Kimiko, the little cat girl who wave at them enthustocly, by her side sit a glassed girl, with a a bat ears, and a shirt with a cartoon bat, and wishper somethimg to Kimiko's ear with a giggle.
    A head shaved boy, with too long ears- a Fukaimi boy, who look with a frown at the trio.
    At the corner of the sit down, another long eared girl. Her black messy hair is rimmed in a bow, and she look down, looking sad.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...w0wfGOn6QMby-f
    A Kaguya boy, with a skull on his shirt, dressed quite fahoinably for a kinder garden child. If it weren't stained with food and and paint, you kight have consider him almost badass for his age.
    He wrap his hands, as if their arrival prove his superirority somehow.

Of course Older Kimiko recongnize her clan member/cousin, Tsuiseki, even if they don't have clowe relationship.
    She has a very seriouse expriession, as if she is on A class mission. She acnowledge her older cousin with a slight nod.

Right infront of the care taker, sitting on pillow a foot from her, a child with strange construnct on his ear, his head is messy, his nose licking.
    Looking quite dumb. He is the only one ignoring the trio Genins, still looking super focused at his care taker, with his tongue out.

And last, there is a boy, with a red spiky hair, chewing papers, looking at the trio with a raised eyebrow
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Yuyuyu: Introduce Team
    Kimiko gives a knowing nod back to Tsuiseki. Yuyuyu says, making a good first foot forward
    "Hello everyone! We're Team 3, the Genin thats going to filling in for the usual caretaker today, I'm Yuuki Yuuna Yukimura but everyone just calls me Yuyuyu, this is Usagi and this is Kimiko Ishikawa."
    "Hi."
    "We'll do our best to protect all of you. I don't expect anything to actually happen but you never know!"
    Especially with the last two events over the past couple of days.
    "So any questions?"
    She says with a smile.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi nod akwardly, aware of the stares.

The Fuakimi boy raise his hand and without waiting for premission ask:"What make you pretend to be ninjas? You are girls." with a very seriouse expriession.
    Kimiko getting up hissing, starting do make seals.

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko: Be A Total Bakugo About This
    She is irked by this and goes
    "HEY! I'M NOT PRETENDING BRAT! My family has been ninjas for generations! And unlike yours, we don't cut our numbers in HALF because of stupid beliefs!"
    Yuyuyu moves a hand in front of her to stop the older Kimiko and takes out a box of pocky.
    "Hey Fukaimi-bo." she says emphasizing the cutesy honorific for little boys "I'll bribe you with an entire box of strawberry pocky if you promise to not care. If only for today."
    She rattles it enticingly. Its a honest offer, if she tried to genjutsu it, the Fukaimi boy's ears would probably hear it being on it.

Jirou's Notes:
    As he works, some notes on sealing lie on his desk in his lab:
    Spoiler: On Developing the Cursed Seal
    Show

To understand the the functioning and theory of the cursed seals, one must first understand their source. Their source is Nature Chakra, which is utilized in the legendary techniques of Senjutsu, only obtainable from becoming a sage of a summoning pact with an talking animal from another dimension such as Mount Myoboku or Ryuchi Cave to name only the most famous examples, but other pacts have done the same, such as the Shark Sage during the warring states era whose many dalliances has given people throughout the Land of Water shark features that have been passed on even today. The usual method of accessing Nature Chakra from what sources I can gather[1], is meditation to create stillness within yourself so that you can open up yourself to the nature energy around you. Essentially creating awareness through a void within yourself, silencing your own thoughts to hear the chakra of nature.

The results of accessing this Sage Mode are incredible. Everything is enhanced: strength, speed, stamina, reflexes, perception, durability, ninjutsu, genjutsu, taijutsu, access to new techniques using senjutsu, the ability to sense the chakra around you, it basically boosts everything. The only other such technique like it are the Eight Gates, a forbidden technique known only by Konohagakure, or in a more limited manner, Lightning nintaijutsu from Kumo. Why then doesn't everyone try to get this amazing ability? Because first, the dimensional animals are...erratic and picky at best about who they give their contracts to, not forthcoming about how their dimensions work, they are simply not cooperative and hold great power by themselves that we ninja have been unable to get around to get at their secrets. Even finding one of their dimensions is a great achievement, and the contracts currently known might be the more friendly dimensional animals: its speculative, but its entirely possible that many ninja have died discovering these lands unwilling to sign a contract or allow an outsider to know where they are and then killed them. If one got past all this, the technique itself apparently has a risk of extremes: too little energy drawn in, it doesn't work, too much and they turn into a stone animal of that dimension. One needs to moderate to find a balance of intake.

My goal of this project is to make a seal that will bypass all that and passively gather nature chakra to store for your own use, then when you tap into it, you transform into a hopefully similar state. I have named it a Cursed Seal for now as a matter of misdirection and working title, but have been toying with names like "transformation seal" or "Sage Seal" or "Nature Seal" so that it makes more sense for the final product. Though I do admit, the fact that it has a high chance of killing someone when used right now is a pretty big curse when you think about it.

Basically the entire concept is two parts: write the kanji "静寂" or "Stillness" in the center that will act as a symbolic representation of a person meditating in sage mode for the nature chakra to be drawn into. Then the second part is place various regulating patterns around it that will limit and regulate the amount of nature chakra drawn in so that it doesn't all rush in at once, without them the nature energy is basically sucked up like a vacuum and the user will be instantly turned to stone. Thus the goal is to design a set of regulating patterns to achieve the transformation without killing someone. At least most of the time, hopefully. Simple in concept, but in practice the flow of any chakra is chaotic and slippery, like a raging river or furious winds making it hard to completely control. Furthermore, sensor type ninjas have reported that even normal chakra can vary from person to person like fingerprints. Its just these little variances in flow and rhythm that make it hard to truly pin down.

Thus my seal has to not just find that ideal balance of regulation, but do so for as many people as possible. Its very possible due to various little biological variances that not all bodies will be able to work with the same kind of balance. Not every ninja has the same amount of chakra reserves, we definitely have different elemental affinities, finding a seal to be fully compatible with everyone is tricky because so much of it is tied up in medical information and anyone who works in that field knows that not every ingested medicine affects everyone the same way. There is always those edge cases that can't handle this or that. I'm hoping for 100% survival rate, but realistically I'm probably going to have settle for somewhere around 90% at an optimistic goal, but I won't go lower than 80% survival rate. The theoretical Mark One might be the 80% one and only offered on a purely voluntary basis with a liability contract to sign, because that 80% rate will only be in theory and more testing will have to be done on actual humans to really properly raise it and test to see if its true. The pie in the sky dream would be to design a seal that can detect your general chakra nature and adjust its flow regulation for your biology to raise the survival rate even further, but I'm not some Uzumaki seal master miracle maker.

Rats fortunately are similar to humans enough to use as test subjects. This project would never get approved by any shinobi nation if only humans could be used to test this out. Sanctity of life aside, it would be a great waste of human resources for no clear gain. Though some of my fellow researchers being ninja have....dark, morbid, one could even say macabre senses of humor and taste in decor and take the petrified rat failures home with them as decorations to put on their shelves to use as bookends, doorstops or just on their mantle. One of them says they are even collecting them to use in some disturbing art project all the rats are dressed up as ninja in some battle, complete with painted on blood. Its common joke around the lab that my real project is advertising these rats enough to start my own rat sculpture business, they ask every day "hey you doing more rat sculpting?" and I joke back "yes. I'll be sure to scare them so that they are petrified in certain poses so that I look like a mad scientist even more than usual." we laugh, its all good times.

This will take years yet to refine to the point of usefulness, but if I can pull it off, Otogakure will have an edge that will give it a chance against other villages without suicide tactics, and in my own way I'll have changed something, I will have contributed to something greater than myself and in doing so, proved that I can be a great ninja without my family's bloodline. That I don't need it to have an effect. What will a bloodline matter when potentially most if not every ninja in this village will be able to access a seal to fight against foes greater than themselves? When every ninja in this village will owe their strength to me, in a way I will outshine them.

To that end, I cannot allow my own sister to touch this work. I love her, but this is something I must do myself. If she contributes, they will just praise her for it. This is my work. My effort. It will be me who will be know for this. I won't stop her from acquiring it herself when complete- to have my own kind of legacy enshrined in Kimiko's quest for all jutsu by empowering her? There is no greater victory, for it will mean I will have a hand in her rise. No matter how small. No greater honor, for it will mean she will consider it useful enough to be something worth having early. Her own success in some way, will be because of me.

Because if my clan has taught me a single thing, its that true victory lies in the legacy you pass on to others.

[1]: One might be curious how I acquired such knowledge, considering the difficulty of even finding a contract holder, persuading them to let you sign, train for years to get to Sage Mode without being a sage myself. The answer is top secret, known only to myself and the Second Otokage Nozojo-sama, as I required his approval for this project.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-10-17 at 07:29 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi in unison with bigger Kimiko, bursted into yells.
    "Who do you think, you are long eared bastard! I will nail those ears to the-" but stopped by Yuyuyu.

With an expriession of major self importance, the Fukaimi boy nod.
    The middle aged care taker is gone and left a note. "Out For Cofee'

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/03/4c...7333d85716.jpg Lil' Kimiko yell "Hello Kitty Second Doomsday technqiue: Scratch!" And scratch the Fukaimi boy with a hiss. He try to push her, but his hand is caught by the Komoro girl.

The Fuakimi girl run toward the yard.

The Kagyua boy, jump and try to grab the pocky box from Yuyuyu's hands.

The "dumb" is startled from the sudden action, and run away with panick, and stepping on Tsuiseki's pper. Her face reddend with rage, and she bite his shoe off. He cry.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images..._n_400x400.jpg
    The spiky haired boy, using an empty pen spitting a paper toward Usagi and big Kimiko's eyes. If they won't react those will hit!

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko:
    She blocks the spit ball with her sword just in time, reflexes being viper-quick.
    "I felt the force behind that.... Careful! these children are dangerous."
    Yuyuyu decides to let the kaguya boy take it so she can focus on the situation in general, hoping that will keep him occupied.
    "we need to get this situation under control. Kimiko use your paper whip to find and grab the one that ran out, we can't let them separate, Usagi, me and you have to hold the down this area. I'll try to break up the fight."
    "Good idea."
    Kimiko runs after the Fukaimi girl and extends her paper whip to grab her and pull her back to the into the day care while Yuyuyu goes over to the two fighting children, privately admitting little Kimi is very cute in her cat like state.
    "you two keep fighting and your not gonna get any pocky or any other candy. I've got less kind things to show you if you continue."
    She has this....grin to her. Its disturbing.

Mitsuko:
    Within the Ishikawa Family Shrine:
    Spoiler: Mistuko's Mourning
    Show
    On some days, Mitsuko feels a great melancholy. She has not the energy to be strict, to be the fierce mother and clan leader today. On these days she goes into the family shrine, where within lies various kami statues: Amaterasu-Omikami the sun goddess and leader of all kami, Tsukuyomi the god of the moon, Inari-Okami the god of agriculture, wealth and prosperity, Hachiman the god of war, Amatsu-Mikaboshi was Kami of Stars before the world was created-May He Stay Away, Shinigami-Kami the god of death, Omoikane god of wisdom and intelligence, to name the general ones the Ishikawa Clan focus on. One minor kami that their family worships in particular is Origami-Kami to thank them for gift of paper and ink, knowledge and language.

If some of these names sound like attacks for your personal bloodline, then you might just be an arrogant Uchiha bastard conceited enough to do it in the first place. Seriously who else would name their powers after the gods who created the universe?

However in the center was an ivory statue of the Hagoromo Otsusuki, Sage of the Six Paths. The religions of Animism and Ninshuuism weren't mutually exclusive but rather syncretic. In the shinobi nations kami like Amaterasu-Omikami were for matters of nature and the universe, and the Sage of Six Paths were for matters of humanity, even though the Sage was not a kami, but a bodhisattva- an enlightened sage that was highly respected for his teachings to connect to other people, to be compassionate and kind, but not worshiped. Many have tried to find the mythical ability of Ninshuu but none have succeeded. Nevertheless he was revered throughout the lands and highly respected for his teachings, every nation having a temple or shrine dedicated to him and often individual families to.

Beside him placed lower down was Kannon or Konnan, the spelling was variable and some texts even refer to her as Guan-yin or Padma Otsusuki but no matter her name, she was known as the Sage of Mercy and Lamentation-Listener, the first of the Paper Release bloodline and descendant of Asura Otsusuki, it was said that while the clans descending from Indra and Asura fought, that she went forth and taught people literacy and medicine, preserved and spread the teachings of Ninshuuism, studied the natural world and was a tireless pursuer of knowledge and understanding, believing these to be vital to better cooperation and peace while she helped the poor and downtrodden in their wake. However despite all her efforts the power of Ninshuu itself were lost to time and she was cut down by somebody desiring knowledge only for themselves, with who did it varying with the legend. Most clan members assume it was an Uzumaki or an Uchiha these days, those jerks. Sometimes she wonders what her ancestor would think of her clan today, wondering if she would look down upon them for what they do. Its not a comforting thought.

She sits down, cross-legged and looks at not a statue, but a picture underneath them all, with a melancholy gaze. The picture of Jirou's and Kimiko's father: Ryota Ishikawa, the previous clan head and jounin when he was alive. He was a great ninja when he was alive, using fuinjutsu and paper release in equal tandem along with water and earth release to defeat his foes, a determined yet analytical man. Their marriage was arranged but that was apart of her duty to the clan. He was the one to insist upon joining up to form the Sound Village, and was one of many to sacrifice their lives battling some of Konoha's finest. At least he took down an Uchiha with him. On days like these, she came to mourn in silence or in tears, it didn't matter which.

Leaving her to lead the clan and raise them alone. Kimiko never even knew him, born after he passed, and Jirou was only a child when he died. Not a day goes by that she thinks that Ryota should've lived, that he should be the one teaching Kimiko jutsu to grow to her full potential. He would know secrets and tricks no one else did, he would know how to make her great, what to teach her about being a ninja that Mitsuko simply did not know. She never had been the greatest ninja, never been able to measure up. She was just this inadequate matriarch, inheritor of a legacy once great but now broken. No one would ever say this legacy was full of moral people doing good things, granted. Some were better than others, some worse. But there was still greatness to it, and that had to count for something, right?

The sacrifice of every Ishikawa clan member that died to protect them from Kirigakure, then every clan member against Konohagakure- that can't have all been nothing. She has to make sure that their sacrifices were not in vain. She has to make sure that Kimiko is strong, that her clan is strong to revive itself. She puts her hands together and recites the Sutra of Connection:

Through connection to my village, give me loyalty
    Through connection to my family, give me strength
    Though connection to my ancestors, give me wisdom
    Through connection to the world, give me knowledge
    Through connection to the heavens, give me....compassion

She always feels a little fake reciting the last line, but it was tradition nonetheless. It needed to be upheld, it needed to be kept alive. It wasn't worship, simply a reminder of what she held valuable and draw strengths through the bonds she had. She stands up feeling stronger and better, somehow content despite knowing she doesn't measure up, despite the Sages and Kannon's judging stares. Victory was in the legacy you passed on, and she would not dare disrespect her ancestors by not maintaining their victory in some way. It was not a ninjas job to be compassionate, but to protect citizens who had the luxury of compassion. By being that weapon that kills in defense of them, she upholds it in her own way. That was the sacrifice ninja made, for a world of true compassion was not yet achieved. She will make sure this clans legacy lives on. No matter what.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi on parallel jumped away, in the last moment dodging the spitball.
    She pick a booger from her nose, and flick it at the sniper boy, who gasp in horror and it got stick to his hair. He start to shriek.

Usagi "run' on her crotches, toward Tsuiseki scaring the wierdo boy, one of her crotches slammed before her.
    "Leave this boy alone!'
    Tsuiseki spit the shoe, her expriession quite cold for a child. "Eh. The legless wonder, you think beating children will win your dignity back?" Usagi reddened with rage.
    "I won't beat you, you stupid baby! Take it back, or I'll kill you!!'
    The boy she tried to defend cried even more.

The Fukaimi girl, was prepared for Kimiko's "attack"- probably thanks to her Kekkei hearing. She turn, and deflect the paper whip with an open palm. And then stop, looking at her hand with horror.
    "I am sorry! Girls can't be violent!" She bow, and then getting back to running away.

It seems only Yuyuyu were prepared to handle this chaos somewhat.
    Lil' Kimiko after a long rebelling feline stare, let go of the Fukaimi boy, and her friend, the Komoro girl follow.
    Fukaimi looks unphased. 'You have allowed some ruffian to take MY pochy, woman!" He say with eccusing tone toward Yuyuyu.

The Kaguya pull out a tongue, jumping on a table. "Listen and listen well!" He yell rather loudongly.
    "Only those who recongnize me as the Ottokage, will get pochy!"

Lil' Kimiko gasp and puff her cheeks. 'This isn't fair! I am always the Ottokage!"

"Today this is my turn, fleabag!" The Kagyua say with a victorouse laughter

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko:
    The fukaimi girl suddenly finds Kimiko grabbing her hand, having used the replacement technique on a little bit of confetti that broke off from the blade and stuck to her clothing.
    "Yes we can be violent! and I won't be able to be violent on anything that might be violent on you, if your out of my sight!"
    She tries to gently lead her back to the group.

Yuyuyu:
    Her eyes glitter with cleverness. She can use this desire to be Otokage against them.
    "Ah, but I'm...the Hokage. Yes. Thirteenth Hokage Yuyuyu. I'm more powerful than a mere Otokage."
    She turns and addresses the Kaguya boy
    "You are the Otokage here? really? Lil'Kimiko seems to contest your rule, while you just stole the head of clan of Fukaimi's pocky in what was a fair legal trade. Is your rule really legitimate? Do I have to step in to resolve this clearly looming civil war? Perhaps I should back Lil' Kimiko or the fukaimi for Otokage and together we can take down this false Otokage here who took his subjects pocky. I am sure we can work out a reasonable trade for more pocky if they are willing to help."
    She turns to Usagi and says
    "Raikage Usagi, I would advise being more gentle with the subjects of Otogakure. We wouldn't want one of the future Otokages to be angry at us for threatening their subject."
    then she walks over to the crying weirdo boy and puts a comforting pat on his head
    "and we must all as ninja, be sure to protect and care for those under us. the citizens, the downtrodden, the less well off..."
    She hugs the crying boy stroking and caring for him.
    "There there, it will be alright. I'm here. Don't worry. I'll take care of it. "She pulls back and smiles
    "Everyone needs help sometimes, right? No matter who they are."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

The long eared girl, walk with Kimiko, her head her bowed in shame.
    "...ok.' she said meekly.

Lil' Kimiko and the Kaguya boy yell in unison. "Booo! We don't need dirty hokages here!"
    The Fukaimi boy nod with a seriouse tone. "We must unite!'
    "Right! We shall split the pochie evenly, and later decide who it the Ottokage!'
    Komoro girl, stand by Lil' Kimiko, while Kaguya boy stand by the Fukaimi boy in battle stances. (Sort of)
    Usagi stop. "...Right.' she a bit akward. She know she used to play... games in what seemed to her as diffrent reicanartion. Every time, she tried to remember she only seen rain of blood.
    As training freak, she is out of her zone here.
    '...Sorry.' she say to the girl she tried to scare.

The "wierdo' stare and blink. He doesn't seems to hear Yuyuyu. He seems.. to be..
    Deaf.

This kinder garden is for children that normal kindergardens can't handle. Most here have potential as ninjas. But this one boy... is quite the opposite.. He is weaker then normal children, but sarounded by super ninja children. Yuyuyu can see many bruises on him.

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Yuyuyu: Impersonate Authority Figure
    She tries to snap her fingers in the deaf boys ears a couple times. No reaction. She looks at the bruises. She realizes. The kaguya, fukaimi boy and lil'kimiko suddenly feel a wave of killing intent radiating off of Yuyuyu as her head slowly turn around to look at them with a glare so intense that if such things could kill, would surely cause a massacre.
    "....Someone here beat up the deaf kid. The real Otokage will know of this."
    She poofs- replacement with a pebble.

Then suddenly Otokage Nozojo seemingly comes stomping in full otokage outfit, his eyes in shadow, Yuyuyu seemingly coming in after him his face stern, his voice thunderous as he turns to all the children here:
    "WHO BEAT UP THE DEAF CHILD!? WE DO NOT THIS!"
    He turns to the children.
    "AND WHATS THIS I HEAR ABOUT YOU TRYING TO BE OTOKAGE!? ARE YOU REBELLING AGAINST ME!? AND THERE IS A SPIT BALL ASSASSIN HERE! THIS IS ALL PUNISHABLE WITH GETTING GROUNDED-FOR LIIIIIFE!"
    He roars at them while Yuyuyu seems to take a battle stance. Kimiko figures out whats going on and takes a similar battle stance beside her.
    "How shall I punish them, my Otokage!?"
    She asks

In reality, the "Yuyuyu" that came in, was just an illusory clone, having no substance. While the "Otokage Nozojo" was actually the real Yuyuyu in a disguise jutsu acting really furious at them.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Yuyuyu surely knew how to build tension.
    First the little heroic four, paused, especialy Komoro girl and Fukaimi boy sensed the killing intent.
    The arrival of the Ottokage completly made them freak out.

Usagi blinked for a moment. "Ah.. right.' She pulled her bow, standing only on one crotch.
    "Yeah.. what ever you command.. supreme Ottokage."

There is a complete silence, the children stop what ever they do, staring in fear.

Spoiler: Context
    Show

I hope it isn't too dark/cruel.
    I lot of times enjoy thining in fiction about the relationship between "muggles" and Supers.
    It's the idea that people actually objectivly superior to other people, at least in power.

And invalid people.. well, I befriended and were a roomie of a wonderful guy, who happen to be on wheelchair, nd since then, place of invalids in society and it's complexes.
    This said friend actually taught me to see the nuances, and understand where are biases coming from.

So.. for example, until the 19th, unquestionably, deaf people were considered retarded. (Also legally. It is hard to prove deaf people responsible for crimes, for example
    It sound terrible, and is terrible.
    But back then, there were no known techniques to teach them how to speak, so their interaction was near impossible.
    And I can imagine, that in ninja world, there wouldn't be yet devolped system, to help them be part of society, and normal care takers won't have the training for this.

So.they would pin it to a ninja care taker to deal with it, but she also doesn't really know what to do.

And children are savages. (From my exprience)
    I mean, I remember that in my kinder garden and first class in elementary, when someone cried it meant it's the time to point and laugh.
    Expressing weakness invite bullying, sometimes even from the ok-ish kids.
    They see dramatic reaction, and view it as something to toy with.

And imagine children bred to be soldier children...

Again, it's harsh, but I thought it can be intresting subject to explore

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko: Proclaim Nindo.
    The "Otokage" pauses and takes a breath.
    "We are defined....by how we treat our lowest, not our highest. Remember to be kind even to this one here, even though he seems "weird". If I ever find out you have been bullying or beating this boy ever again....you will know my wrath."
    He turns to the door
    "Consider Yuyuyu to be my eyes and ears. She is in charge when your caretakers are not around. Be good little children, and don't hurt those in need. don't be cruel. Or I'll find out. Yuyuyu, come, I have a few things to discuss with you when taking care of these ones."
    She and the clone go back out, a few moments later Yuyuyu comes back in, smiling.
    "Well! I hope you all learned something today as for this boy..."
    "What did you say he was? deaf? I don't see any injury that could've caused it, he ears seem to be working fine."
    "According to some medical textbooks, some rare people just seem to be born deaf, Kimiko. Like a kekkei genkai, but making you weaker rather than stronger. Medic nin currently have no idea how to communicate with such people. So...they're just kind of left to be ignored. At best."
    Kimiko is reminded of Jirou, her brother. Born without her paper release, considered a failure by her clan. But....this was on an entirely different level. She had ambitions, aspirations of figuring out a way to give Jirou the bloodline through artificial means, something....but not being able to hear? That was so much more basic that Jirou's problem seemed to pale in comparison. Her genius mind is already extrapolating: could people be born blind? mute? what other maladies and misfortunes did the cruel hand of genetics deal? Already there was a revision in her plans.

She would definitely have to figure out a way to fix something like this. What a strange machine biology is, to fail at making one of the five basic sense of every human being. Could one use visual learning? But no, that can't work, current reading is taught by showing the words to someone and sounding them out loud so that children can imitate them. How to communicate? What to communicate with? She wondered: genjutsu. It manipulated the mind. In way, allowing for some kind of communication. She was muttering:
    "....maybe a genjutsu could perhaps send information directly into the brain, bypassing the senses thus allowing a form of communication and thus teaching to associate certain concepts with visual symbols so that they can learn to function and at least read on their own..."
    Yuyuyu just watches Kimiko's mutter and focus intently on the boy, muttering a mile a minute, her mind ablaze trying to figure out the puzzle presented to her.
    "....what would a genjutsu be like? Would it work? How advanced would it be? Most genjutsu are rated by their use in shinobi situations and thus war-like ones, but could a peaceful use be considered low rank enough to try and make something to use on him? There would be any stress involved like most genjutsu use, it just requires the right person to figure out a genjutsu that could work, assuming the brain can interpret the information? There are so many factors to this, it would require testing. Yang chakra to try and restore the ears would also be a solution, but require fine control given delicate nature of ears in general...."
    Yuyuyu blinks as Kimiko continues on and says
    "Uh, Kimiko. Otogakure to Kimiko. Your muttering about about science stuff related to this a mile a minute, whats going on?"
    "Hm? Oh. I forgot you were there for a moment. Sorry, I just realized that I have just one more problem to solve, eventually."
    "what problem, deafness?"
    "Yes, along with any other possible condition such as this. Such a cruel world needs fixing no? Even if the problem is mother nature."
    "....and how do you propose to do that?"
    "By any means rationally necessary that one can empirically determine and the power to use those means. This boy's defect is a puzzle that I will take great pleasure in solving. Much like how I will solve everything else with the knowledge I'll gain."
    "Knowledge of what?"
    "Of Jutsu, Yuyuyu. What use will it be to gather so much knowledge, if it isn't put to some sort of use? and I can already think of a few ways it could solve this boys problem."
    "Wait your serious about that!?"
    "yeah. I sang about it. Why wouldn't I be?"
    "K-kimiko, that goal to acquire all jutsu is unrealistic! Maybe try focusing on whats possible?"
    "...Said by whatever fool who doubted Madara and Hashirama! And look where we are now. Don't worry Yuyuyu I'll acquire all jutsu...."
    She pumps her fist and maniacally puts on a determined shark-like grin, looking dangerous with blazing determination in her eyes.
    "....and solve it all. With the power....of SCIENCE and KNOWLEDGE! thats my Nindo! My Ninja way!"
    She then begins laughing maniacally like a mad scientist. Yuyuyu is kind of freaked out by this, not sure whether she is looking at a hero or a villain in the making.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

The children bowed their heads in awe.
    Beside the title himself, Nozojo was a hero.
    A diffrent kind of hero then the First Ottokage- he was a mythological leader, gathering unlikely allies which the only thing they had in common, that they were all losers.
    Even their Damiyo was the firstborn, and yet his younger brother have usurped the throne.
    The first Ottokage died in the war, and became the uniting martyr of Ottokagure.

Nozojo was a star. A DJ who you heard almost 24/7 on the radio. He brought smiles, fun and punk.
    He also managed many projects with one porpuse- to normalize the life of the village which were found by desprate and broken ninjas and citizens.But most importantly he sumbolized hope.
    His abilities were a mystery, and a very popular subject of discussion for ninjas, citizens, adults and youth alike.
    This was a scene they will never forget.

They looked confused at Kimiko.
    Usagi felt personaly touched by this. As.. invalid herself.
    'You know. He actually can be an amazing ninja. He can be almost immune to genjutsus!'
    She wondered about something.

She limpered and sat before the deaf child.
    Usagi pointed at a cartoon sign of a boar seal, and then made the sign herself.
    The deaf child smiled and akwardly mimiced Usagi.
    "...I am not a scholar. But.. is there a code launguage which usinf seals?'

The children stared, but were about to get bored..

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Yuyuyu:
    Seeing this and knowing the caretaker had been reading a story to them before
    She walked on over and said
    "How about a story? I bet I know a few stories that your usual caretaker doesn't tell, and maybe doesn't even want you to know. Let me Valley of the End was made, to start you off..."
    Not exactly the same story as you may have heard elsewhere, I promise you.
    "Once there was two ninja. Two friends from two warring clans. Both were of good heart but forced to fight each other. They fought and fought time and again, growing up until they were clan leaders, after a final battle managed to convince their clans that further fighting would only be kill both sides and united them as one force! They went across the land, hunting all Nine tailed beasts to gather together then established their village. Wanting peace, they argued their ideals, one wanted to rule through a velvet glove, the other an iron fist with the tailed beasts

The velvet-gloved ninja offered a compromise: he would give all the tailed beasts away to other villages so that if any village fought each other, both would be killed, but that their village would keep the strongest one to retain their strength and promised that the iron-fisted ninja would be his successor. The iron-fisted ninja accepted this, the velvet-gloved ninjas reign passed with peace and the velvet-gloved ninjas brother coming to him said that he did not trust the iron-fisted one and that someone else should be picked to be the next kage. the first kage however, denied him and said that he must keep to his promise no matter what.

Thus the iron-fisted ninja became the second kage and the jealous brother of the first rebelled against him luring the second kage away to try and kill him alone so that no one would be hurt. The jealous brother and the second kage fought a most fierce battle! water and fire clashed against each other in great tsunamis and infernos, their fists flew at each other at speeds unrivaled, and the jealous brother tried to break through every genjutsu and scheme of the second kage, but he lost, and the iron fisted ninja then killed the brother for his jealousy, stating that he will carry on the velvet-gloved ninjas legacy of peace and that his friendship with the velvet-gloved ninja was stronger than any jealous attempt to gain power, leaving the destroyed valley in his wake. The Valley....of the End. The end of the Warring States Era."

Of course, this was all about Hashirama, Madara and Tobirama. In this universe, Hashirama named Madara the Second Hokage instead of Tobirama. Tobirama not trusting Madara was the one to rebel instead, Madara and him fought, but Yuyuyu's fairy tale ending didn't happen: Madara killed Tobirama at the Valley of the End, Tobirama was remembered as someone who opposed the peace the villages brought and Madara's reign as Second Hokage while keeping the village intact and the Uchiha happy, caused the First Shinobi War with his ruthlessness, yet both him and Hashirama are both regarded as heroes and Konoha was influenced by Madara's methods as a result of his reign.

Kimiko:
    "the only problem with that method Usagi, is that while he is clearly imitating the hand signs, for a language to work, meaning needs to be communicated. If he is deaf and always has been, then there is no guarantee that when we make even the simplest sign that he will know what it means to us and us to him. Why? because we can't just put a bunch hand symbols in front of him and make him imitate that, he needs to be able to associate those symbols with abstract concepts we all get. like...how we have an idea of justice more than just the word on a sheet of paper or a series of sounds. its why shinobi of different nations have different sign languages for silent communications, so that if they need to communicate anything to their comrades, another village won't be able to decode it in the heat of combat."
    She thinks
    "Genjutsu should in theory work for communicating meaning-all it does is manipulate your mind and the abstract concepts in your head are all just....electricity and chakra firing off in your neurons. Its just that.....genjutsu has never been used for such a purpose. Because there has never been a need. I'll have to figure out how to do that, but it can't be that bad....the entire ranking system is meant to evaluate COMBAT or SHINOBI-related effectiveness, not anything else. simply communicating a concept without hurting or deceiving should in theory, be easy."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

The children have listened with awe.
    Of course the line about their care taker not wanting them to hear this story, made it even more apealing.
    Most looked thrilled!
    Beside the Fuakimi girl who looked as if.. she is scared to express thrill?

Usagi is silent a bit. "The rabbit queen must know such genjutusus..." she said.
    "Yojimbo told me, I didn't moved for days, and were about to starve myself..' Usagi think.
    "And the queen used the lullaby I used on you. I dont remember what happened then... but it changed me."
    She pause.
    It was a very personal memory, but she willed to share it, out of feelings of comradariroe to the boy, she didn't even got to learn his name yet.

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko:
    She looks at Usagi.
    "You got to meet a rabbit queen in your dream? Wow, Thats better than what I keep dreami- eerrr. I mean. As a shinobi I only dream of serving my village loyally, such killing our enemies."
    She catches herself saying that half way through and starts acting like a stoic shinobi while the faces of those that have died flash through her. She is clearly imitating the mannerisms of the adults you've seen around her, particularly Jirou.
    "Or gladly making the hard decisions so others do not have to, with no fear in my eyes. Like any proper shinobi would."
    her body language practically screaming "look at how grown up I am! I am totally a grown up ninja who is responsible and everything! Acknowledge me! Look at how I'm killing my emotions, they are super dead! I'm totally not a kid or anything!"
    "Y'know just normal shinobi dreams, not anything cool like yours heheheh."
    Twice now you have seen her mask fallen off, once to proclaim her nindo and once just now, but she seems to be trying to get back into her usual act now. Kimiko after all, has not been taught to talk out her problems with other people but suppress them.

Yuyuyu:
    She notices the fukaimi girl wasn't as happy as winked at her conspiratorially. This girl either knew more than she let on or wasn't as thrilled by death and betrayal as others. Either way is fine with her.
    "Now what story next.....I'm sure everyone has heard of tales of the Gutsy Ninja, thats so popular everyone knows it....."
    She thinks, hey why not make up a story?
    "Okay, this story is also about two ninja, but not the previous ones. These two ninja are from different nations. Both are sad, for they desire something beyond their duties and families, but are bound to them by duty to their villages. However one day they met in secret upon the battlefield and discovered they both desired the same thing: freedom. Instead of fighting, they pretended to fight to a draw, and became fast friends. However their villages would never approve of them being friends with enemy ninja, they never told anyone of it.

They kept meeting in secret and in battle over the years, the people around them believing they were the greatest of enemies obsessed with defeating each other, when reality nothing was further from the truth. Together they were free to not kill each other, together they were free from their duties in a way. They could be more than just ninja around each other. They could be themselves. Each time they fight to a "draw" each time they would pretend hatred to their allies and their dance would continue.

Until one they met in secret and started to discuss whether to become missing-nin together and leave all their duties and loyalties behind so they can be together with the friend who truly understood them. However before they could decide, a spy who was a friend of one of these two ninja leaped out of the shadows and declared he would report them both to his superiors if his ninja did not throw away this friendship and kill the other. Instead the ninja killed the spy, choosing their friend from the other nation over the one from their own. They knew that to blame the death on the ninja opposing the side of the spy would cause a war but that only the ninja on the spys side leaving to be missing-nin would mean leaving the other alone, so they knew they had no choice, both leaving their villages together to live the happiest lives they can as missing-nin, making sure that the villages would be able to avoid a war in the process by blaming the death on criminals outside their command.

Then years later they both tragically got killed by a third village's assassins for the bounties on their head. The End."

Generally the stories usually told are about upholding the ninja's duties and way of life and whatnot, rather than something like this, but she did say stories that their caretaker would not want them to hear, and Yuyuyu wasn't lying. The best bribes are forbidden fruit.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi has tilted her head.
    'Well it's either her or a blood rain... but usually her visits are dangerouse..."
    It still sounded cooler, and at this moment, she didn't felt urge to outbeat Kimiko.

Usagi felt that something off, but she still wasn't this close and her social skills were less then minimal.
    'So! I didn't meant to brag, just that her lullaby can reshape the brain.
    The jutsu I used was a shadow of a friction of what her abilities. I... just focused on how to win fights, but if I could tap into even parts of Nagaisu's lullaby's abilities...' she looked at the deaf boy.

Can she really afford herself to work in this direction? She barely stand among ninjas as it is.
    It depress her.

And the hyped reactions for Yuyuyu's stories, who were edgy yet beautiful.
    She limped to stand on her crotches.
    "Those stories sure were great, but how about OTHERWORLDLY story?'

The Komoro boy. "What do you mean? Some lame fantasy about avenging teddy bears? We aren't babies!"
    ""Yeah! We want real stories, the stories of Yuyuyu-san!'

Usagi was taken back a bit by it.
    'Don't you want to know, how the Rabbit Queen Nagaisu became the queen? Yes! It is epic! Yes! It is unhuman! But it is EPIC and UNHUMAN!'
    If Yuyuy want, she can win the stage with ease.

If not...
    [SPOILER]
    "The moon was young, arrogant and possesive. But Saishogi, was a rebelliouse moonshine. Every night, the moon has sent him like any other moonshine to beam on Earth.
    Saishogi, wanted to be someone of his own. So at day, when the moon was asleep, he skipped away from the moon-"
    Tsuiseki frowned. 'It doesn't sound realistic at all.'
    Usagi puffed her cheeks.
    'This is true! A bunny Samurai have told me that!"
    "Yeah yeah.'
    'You want me to summon him to slice you into suhsi you baby shark?!'
    Tsuiseki gracefully shook her head and let Usagi to continue.

"On earth Saishogi needed a body. No one could have contained him beside a rabbit- yes Komoro-chan?"
    Usagi stopped to the raised hand of the bat eared girl.
    'Wasn't this a story about how rabbits came to be?' She asked.
    "No..." Usagi grunted.
    "I am not talking about mundane rabbits of Earth. I am talking how Samurai rabbits, and their queen came to be. So.. ahem. Where was I? Yes. So Sashogi entered a rabbit, but he wasn't carefree for long- there were another Yokkai, a wolf. Mmm. Ah. The summoned animals are called Yukkai. Yes. So the wolf, who were a sunspot chased after Sashogi- so Sashogi hopped into a new dimension! There he has established the Rabbit Kingdom."

Kimiko raise her hand. 'Who was his wife?'
    "Funny, that you ask. Sashogi was kind of above little things like, female and male. He was sort of both, I just say he out of convience. Anyway- he was murdered by the bad wolf, who has finally found his trail even beyond realities. The first wolf Okiwaru*, was everything evil about the sun, and could only manifest himself inside a wolf.
    The succesful escape of Sashogi drove him deeper and deeper into madness. Okiwaru refused to eat for centuries, and found the Wolf Kingdom to help him smell and hunt Sashogi between the realms. And eventually Okimaru and his children have found Sashogi and the rabbits, who lived as peacful farmers until then.
    Sashogi didn't thought his children could handle the wolves, so with a jutsu he has learned from the moon itself, he sent them away. In short time, Okkimaru has killed and devoured Sashogi. But his hunger and anger were not assiated yet. It actually became worse.
    Meanwhile the exiled rabbits turned their gaze to the eldest son of Sashogi- Goruden**. Goruden was made of gold, and were so handsome and charming that no one has ever refused him a thing. Goruden said. "The wolves cannot be pure evil. There must have been misunderstanding that led to this. I shall please him, until we get peace!" And the peace seeking rabbits agreed.
    He wrote 1001 hymns and songs to glorify Okimaru. He prepared 1001 delicouse meals, brewed an exellent 1001 bottles of sake, forged jewelry and made any material thing that one mortal or immortal would enjoy. He sent messengers with gift after gift to soften the monster, but no messnger hae returned. He belived, Okkimaru was so happy he forced them to stay as guests.
    Finally Goruden himself has arrived, just to find Okimaru so bloated from all the messengers and gifts that he has devoured, and let his own firstborn, Yokotawaru*** to slay and devour Goruden.
    Once the rabbits have realized Goruden has failed, and also that their rices were lost, they turned and searched for Sashogi's secondborn Tairitsu***.
    Tairitsu were disowned by his father. As much as he was a sklled smith, he was a wild- stealing wives of rabbits and other Yukais, challenging for duals for the death anyone he faced.. but when Sashogi failed, and also Goruden, maybe to get to the level of their enemies is envitable for their survival?
    Tairitsu forged for the rabbits, iron fangs-which we humans call swords. He trained them in the ways of the bushido, forging themselves into warriors.
    Tairitsu led the charge, but no matter with how many iron and trainings the rabbits have wore- in their core they didn't had the killing intent the wolves had.
    Tairitsu remained standing last. Okimaru still napped from his last meal, so his secondborn Ryketsu*****, has devoured him.
    The rabbits were broken. No peace, nor war have saved them.
    In despair the rabbits have prepared to die. But..." Usagi smiled and took out her bow harp and started to play.
    giving more epic tone from now on.https://youtu.be/ujzMHLac404
    "Nagaishi took a harp, very much like this one and played a song. Giving them again the will to live.
    Nagaishi told them, just to want to live and pray for her.
    She hidden in the dreams of Yokotowaru and Ryketsu. She has akwaned their nightmares and made them believe that the other plan on assinating their father, Okimaru. They woke up, and fought. Ryketsu were stronger, but Yokotowaru has poisoned him, and they died together, only to see Nagaisi smile at them.
    Nagaisi hopped from dream to dream, manipulating the wolves's savagness against each other to a great slaughter.
    And finally, she hopped into the dream of Okiwaru who slept during all that. She trapped him inside a nightmare, which he never woke up to this day.
    The third child of Okiwaru led the wolves away from the rabbit kingdom, and Nagaisi brought the rabbits back home. She taught them- peace and war are tools, to fulfill our dreams!"

*Oki is big Waru is bad. So big bad wolf basicly.
    ** Goruden means gold
    ***means lie
    ****means conflict
    ***** means bloodlust

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Yuyuyu: Include Others In Storytelling
    "Of course, Usagi! your free to tell them a story to. We're all taking care of them after all."
    Yuyuyu lets her tell her rabbit story and even uses disguise jutsu to appear as various characters from it to act it out. Meanwhile Kimiko is surprised that Usagi's dreams are dark as well, but then Usagi goes and begins telling the story, the moment to reply seemingly gone. For a moment she dwells on the dreams, on the guilt she feels for not succeeding. that was understandable, she was taught to be perfect the ninjas existence her whole life. But it was the part she felt....bad about killing that didn't make any sense to her. She had been taught this was going to be her life since she could walk. What was wrong with her that she felt bad about killing? Why did she have to have this flaw of feeling bad about it? Why did it haunt her? She expected this, she trained for it, she was meant for it it wasn't supposed to be a concern!

Her mind however didn't want to think about this so she distracted herself by focusing on Usagi's claim that she got her contract in her sleep. Summoning Contracts in modern times are not signed that way she was pretty sure of that- it was usually by finding another ninja with a contract and convincing them to let them sign it. But there was tales of ninjas during the warring states era that said they got their summoning contracts in dreams. Of course the leading scientific theory behind such things is that the summoned animals of said contracts reverse-summoned themselves to this world, put the ninja under a genjutsu while they were asleep and that the physical real contract was essentially "sleep-signed" by said ninja then the summon dismissed themselves back to their dimension before the person woke up. Summoning contracts after all, require physical DNA to work. Thats why the signing in blood was needed as its established a sympathetic connection in space and time.

So Usagi's claim wasn't impossible, its just that she probably got her contract through an older method that doesn't really happen most of the time anymore. The only alternative is that the rabbit summons know jutsu to somehow summon someone to a different world while they're asleep without having a blood sample put on a contract to use beforehand, which technically isn't impossible from a theoretical standpoint but would be incredibly powerful and advanced if ever achieved. Not even a kage could do something like that. At least not with the world's current knowledge of space-time ninjutsu. Space-time ninjutsu is a relatively recent, very experimental and dangerous field, full of theoretical concepts, complicated equations and needing knowledge of things like general relativity, orbit, mass and rotation of planets, the speed of light, seal sympathy, dimensional pocket mathematics and so on...you basically have to be a genius to even start understanding it, much less use it. And even most geniuses often don't touch it for good reason.
    Sure Kimiko plans to eventually learn how to do it like all other jutsu, but it was best to start with something simpler before trying for one of the most complicated and dangerous fields of ninjutsu ever invented. She doubts the rabbit summons are that advanced.

Her mind drifts back to the deaf boy. Lets see, she'd need to research to find a beginning level genjutsu, thankfully there are two types of genjutsu: there was the illusionary mirage genjutsu that affected the senses and deceived you....but there are also the hypnotic genjutsu that don't really deceive you, but hypnotize you into following certain orders or commands. which means the brain can interpret the orders given by the hypnosis. So the genjutsu she'd be inventing would have to some weird combination of that? She pulls out a storage scroll and releases a book: Genjutsu For Genin. Yes she even stored books in her scrolls. Best to have knowledge on hand. She flips to the relevant page, she had already read through all the theoretical stuff about it being Yin Release and such and reads:

Your First Genjutsu:
    Your first genjutsu should be practice in the chakra control and subtlety it requires to pull it off. You should start simple, small and obvious. The most dominant sense in humans is sight, therefore that is the sense you should focus on affecting first, but do not neglect other senses. They're all connected and your supposed to make a complete picture for the foe to believe. This first genjutsu is the simplest: instead of creating new sensations you will be blocking them off, turning an object invisible, unhearable, unfeelable, and so on so that the foe cannot perceive it, this genjutsu will aid in a wide variety of situations and is easy to learn, known as Invisible Object Genjutsu. First you must picture something not existing then you must form the following hand seals...

Yeah Kimiko doesn't have good social skills either and is not paying attention to Usagi's story, so caught up in her own head and academic matters, not out of anything arrogant but simply because she can get lost in her thoughts. When it was done, Yuyuyu goes up and says to her.
    "Hey Kimiko, you want to tell a story to?"
    Kimiko jumps a little, her concentration broken as she was caught up in reading.
    "Eh!?" She closes the book and puts it away.
    "I guess um...." problem is she didn't know many stories. She had been more of a studies and training type of person. She thinks for a moment then snaps her fingers
    "I know!"
    She walks right next to Usagi and speaks to the kids
    "Hey! Do you want to hear another story from Usagi or one from me? If she wants to tell you more, thats okay. I however only got one story, and its a story that has been passed down my family for generations....The tale of How The Origami No Tsurugi Was Made- the tale of the very sword that I wield."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi felt akward talking so much. Sure it was nice to get attention but..

And beside, maybe she will learn more about Kimiko. There... were things to learn.
    'Nah. I must give you fair chance at least. Come on. Amaze me!' challenging Kimiko felt the most natural way to interact with her..

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko: How the Origami No Tsurugi Was Made
    She draws the blade, and holds out for all to see: the paint-brush pommel at the end of the black handle, the round circular hilt, the paper blade itself, extending out to a normal blades length with a point, but the entire thing being floppy and paper thin without any chakra running through it.
    "Very well.... This....is a story that is passed down through my family for generations, told to every Ishikawa when they are young, so that we may never forget. It is a story of clans, of the Senju the Uzumaki and the Ishikawa....this.....How the Origami No Tsurugi....was made:

Long ago in the Warring States Era, long before Madara and Hashirama were ever born, before katanas were invented, three clans were allies. The Senju Clan known even today for their diplomatic efforts, the Uzumaki Clan for its sealing mastery, and the Ishikawa clan for its love for knowledge. These three clans were allies and friends, for both the Uzumaki and the Ishikawa clans were mutations or bloodlines that split off from the Senju's Wood Release: The Uzumaki inherited the raw power of life itself, gaining great chakra reserves and stamina able to use costlier jutsu than most. We, the Ishikawa gained the Paper Release, as if like a Yin to the Uzumaki's Yang we seemingly got a variation on Wood Release without its durability and thus were the "fragile" ones of the three.
    Their alliance was great, especially against clans like those Uchihas and their hated sharingan eyes."

She clenches her fist and shakes it in the general direction of Konoha.
    "So one day, the Senju clan leader had a bright idea: the Ishikawa and Uzumaki Clans were both great at fuinjutsu. The Ishikawa clan could strengthen the Uzumaki clan by using its paper release to incorporate seals into their fighting style in creative ways, and the Uzumaki clan could strengthen the Ishikawa clan with its great chakra reserves, both sharing their fuinjutsu archives would make a great and powerful clan combined! He shared this idea with the two leaders, both great friends of his they liked this as well.

So they searched their clans for suitable candidates to be wedded. Thankfully they members of both clans already in love, courting in secret but now given the opportunity to make it official
    and binding: he was Shinju Ishikawa and she was Chihiro Uzumaki. All seemed to be fine and the arrangements were made without fail or mishap. The clans could see a bright future ahead of them. However on the day of the wedding, a terrible thing was discovered: The Ishikawa's archives of fuinjutsu had been stolen! Searching everywhere, they were found in no place other than....the Uzumaki clan compound, along with enough herbs to poison the Ishikawas being discovered near the wedding. The Uzumaki were planning on taking the fuinjutsu all for themselves all along and removing competition to their clans field of expertise in the process. A sudden battle broke out between the two clans over hurled accusations and anger, separating the two lovers, which then bloomed into a war between Uzumaki and Ishikawa.

Shinju being noble of heart, traveled to the Senju clan to its leader, telling him the news of the failure and begging his assistance to help end this feud, this war between the two clans so that he may see his Chihiro again and they may wed again, for he was determined for them marry for love no matter what. The Senju leader, not wanting his wayward relatives to fight and moved by the love of Shinju, agreed to help and with the Senju's assistance they managed to put the war into a stand still with walls of wood and binding entangles of vines and roots. Their force was enough to convince the clans to enter into negotiation again, this time with the Senju's watchful eye as a third party to make sure nothing suspicious happens.

They went to negotiations, Shinju willing to meet any demands that the Uzumaki made so that there would be peace again. But suddenly, mid way through the negotiation talks, the Uchiha Clan attacked! Worse, Chihiro suddenly ran away from Shinju and into the arms of Souta Uchiha, allowing the Uchihas to kill Senju and Ishikawa blood while Uzumakis joined in on the ambush. The alliances had changed and both Uzumaki and Uchiha were fighting against Ishikawa and Senju,
    Shinju in confusion recklessly charged into enemy territory until he confronted Chihiro and Souta, and asked why she abandoned him for Souta. Chihiro arrogantly turned up her nose and said "Why would I ever love an Ishikawa? I'd rather have Souta." Souta only smirked in silence at this. Heart broken, Shinju could only run away in despair.

But that was not the end of this. The war between the four clans raged on for a time, and everyone were getting tired of fighting it- the Senju clan leader suddenly abandoned the Ishikawa, wanting no more part in its troubles and wanting to recover from the fighting, leaving them to fight the Uchiha and the Uzumaki clans alone. Shinju, now the new clan leader and feeling betrayed thrice over, decided to retreat from what would be the Land of Fire, the clan stealing boats to sail across the water to escape the combined threats of the two clans to settle in the Land of Water.

There Shinju learned the art of making chakra swords from the shark-toothed smith he married which he perfected over his later years of his life until began work on his greatest sword, making it for the blood of the fallen Ishikawa, making it while swearing vengeance on the Uzumakis and the Uchihas for all that they have done to them, a blade that would pass on his hatred of such scum and the clans ambitions to surpass them both, a blade that he could not himself wield to its full potential, so he passed it down to his son to wield, instructing him that it was a source of paper and ink for the clans jutsu, so that he would pass it down his descendants and their descendant's descendants, always remembering such injustices, what these clans once did to us. A blade to always remember and pass on the will of the Ishikawa clan despite how many times the clan is kicked down!

And that? Is how the Origami No Tsurugi, the Paper-Folding Blade, was Made."

She finishes with a shark-like smile.
    "And why we hate the Uzumaki clan, those fuinjutsu stealing traitors."
    The Uchiha clan, they just hate on the general principle that they're freaking Uchihas and deserve it, those arrogant jutsu-copying red-eyed bastards. She doesn't say it with any actual venom behind it though, personally for her its too historical and far-removed to really be emotional about it, so its more like she is acting like she hates them and has a stereotype in her head about them rather than actually hating the clans. Though her clan still practices various anti-Uchiha fighting tactics, thats just being prepared for the worst.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi eagerly has listened. She never realized clan histories could be intresting!

"Boo Uchiha! Boo Senju! Boo Uzumaki!" The children chripped.
    Kimiko couldn't have known, but story will cause few ripples in the small pond of Ottokagure politics.
    What kind of stories the new generation will be told?
    What kind of mindset the village wanted the youth to have?

Many wanted to remind of the many wrongs that were done to the Land Of Sound, and to the clans which have created it. To be wary of the enemy.

The Fukaimi boy nodded. "That why women should never be trained to fight!'
    The spit ball boy gotten up. "I will be the one to assinate to Hokage!"
    'No! I will be!" Lil' Kimiko rose up.
    The stories were intresting, but the children grew restless- in need for activity

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko: Get chastised
    Yuyuyu whispers to Kimiko
    "Uh, Kimiko...that....what are you doing that story is.....not appropriate! They're impressionable young children."
    Kimiko hisses back
    "What? my clan has told that story for generations, it never caused any problems before. They'll probably forget by tomorrow for some new toy. Its not as if its anything abnormal"
    "Kimiko, your clan's history has either been in the Warring States era, or in the Land of Water and Kirigakure who were full of bloody warring conflicts between the clans even before Yagura made it the Bloody Mist! Your clans normal is constant low level warfare and feuds without end."
    "....and from your tone I think your implying that its...not supposed to be normal?"
    "No! We're in peace time! Y'know, not supposed to fan flames of conflict like that?"
    "How was I fanning flames of conflict? It was already there, I'm just stating the facts. And technically we're a minor nation that is watching all the other more powerful nations be in
    a state of cold war, but I guess that is close enough to be accurate."

"wow, your actually the worst person that could possibly any stories to children, you have no sense of filtering what children should or should not hear..."
    "Filter? Why would anyone do that? The world is a horrible place full of ninja out to kill you, you got to tell them that early or they won't learn to defend themselves or their village. Thats what my clan taught me and it made me into the ninja I am today. They'll be fine."
    Yuyuyu is rapidly realizing that Kimiko's life has been nothing but a glamorized military training camp in a gilded training facility called a "clan manor". And the military unit was her family.
    "Oh my kami's you don't actually know how normal families work. at all."
    "What? doesn't every family pass down stories of how their enemies wronged them generations ago and constantly train to one day get their revenge or surpass them so as to prove that they are the stronger one so to help keep constant vigilance and motivate them defend their friends and village or nation, taking up the legacy they passed on so that you may fulfill the dream your ancestor started?"
    Yuyuyu is just rubbing her temple at this point, feeling a headache.
    "No Kimiko. They don't. Thats something only ninjas do. and probably samurais."
    "Well then....how do they work?"
    She asks with such point blank honesty that Yuyuyu doesn't know how to answer the question.
    "....Lets just....keep them in line. They're getting restless. Have any ideas?"
    Kimiko thinks then snaps her fingers.
    "I know!"
    She pulls out an explosive tag and shouts with a manic insane grin:
    "HEY KIDS, WANNA LEARN HOW TO BLOW THINGS UP!?"
    Yuyuyu instantly tackles Kimiko to the ground and says
    "No! We are not doing that!"
    "Oh come on, Yuyuyu, they're ninja kids, explosive tags are an academy taught skill, they'll be learning how to use them in a few years anyways..."
    "Thats not the point! They're not at the age, pretty sure the course for that are one of the later years. When the student is more responsible...? At...age 10 or so....?"
    Yuyuyu is quickly realizing that shinobi's are insane, and somehow its widely accepted within the shinobi villages that teaching kids how to blow things up before they reach puberty is somehow a good idea. She blames the constant past wars. Again.

This won't end well, won't it?

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi limper. "I know! We can teach them throwing kunais and shooting arrows! I was 4, when they trained me to use my bow!'

"FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!' The children chanted like a blood thirsty ring.
    "Chillllldren!" A mature voice, sweet as an old sake shared between hard boiled friend is heard.
    The caretaker seemed to be back from her "coffee break" finaly. She pushed a tray with a steaming pot of rice and another of fish made in the oven. Set of colorful bowls and eating sticks.
    Usagi drolled.
    An actual food? Fresh food?

Yes. She will slay the care taker, and then-
    The chilrden tried to horde the table.
    The care taker, was a middle aged woman, her face was a bit wrinkled, a bit wide, probably due to age.
    Unlikely for most Kunoichis, she actually wore a long dress, apron and a headress. Beside the forehead protector she looked like the most generic housewife, one could imagine. She spinned a ladel.

"You have forgotten your manners! S Class Genjutsu! Yenma's Wrathful Judgement!" And with a quick spin bomped everyone of the children, including Yuyuyu and Kimiko who have grappled.

"Good! Now sit, and wait patiently while I pour you some healthy and tasty rice and fish!" She cooed in a motherly tone.
    Usagi has forgotten all of her remaining bravado and took a seat on a bit too small chair.
    "I personaly liked all your stories..' she told the Genins while, she filled colorful plastic bowls and passed it to the children. "As most of the ninjas involved in the education. But Yuyuyu... right? Yuyuyu-San represent the opinion of the minority- of the Ottokage.'

Usagi stared wide eyed.

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko and Yuyuyu:
    They suddenly sat ready and attention, listening. Kimiko's mind is just going a mile a minute processing the S-Class genjutsu was used. S-class, and sealless to! That shows great mastery. The more mastery of a technique a ninja has, the less seals they needed to use it. The amount of seals needed to be done was important in battle after all and the less seals needed the better- which is why chakra control was so important. The more you can mold and shape chakra with your own will rather than your hands, the less you didn't need to use them. Sure, hand seals were a great invention, supposedly made by the mythical Indra Otsutsuki himself according to Ninshuuism, but chakra had more forms of use than that.

Of course most ninja couldn't achieve such mastery over a normally seal-based jutsu as to be completely sealless- most ninja who do, are statistically either high jounin or kage level or dojutsu users, as while the first of those two have had enough experience and training to feel out their chakra to that level, dojutsu users could actually see the chakra and thus learn to shape it faster without hand seals isntead of needing to feel it out through experimentation like everyone else- one could argue that all the Sharingan and Byakugan's abilities could just be extensions of their ability to see chakra and thus easily understand its structure on a level others simply can't. The fact that this caretaker managed to make a sealless genjutsu like this was impressive! Whether it was S-Rank was curious, might be just a lie to make the kids feel as if its stronger, but still its pretty impressive.
    "Such mastery. So.....fascinating! How long did it take you develop this?"
    She knew she was under a hypnosis/command type genjutsu while this was happening, but she couldn't help but marvel at the skill and dedication it would take to use it.

Yuyuyu meanwhile is just silently relieved that the caretaker is here to save them all from Kimiko's potentially disastrous idea for a teaching lesson.
    "I see, yes....the Otokage. That is true. He is a minority in the world of ninja."
    She is not even going to touch the fact the caretaker keeps them all in line with a genjutsu that she apparently mastered to the point of godlike skill in this one particular narrow instance.
    "Glad you liked the stories! You weren't kidding when talking about survival..."
    On the other hand, Yuyuyu had to do a whole ploy to impersonate the Otokage just to get them to calm down. So maybe developing a genjutsu solely for the sake of this isn't that unbelievable.
    "I apologize, I come from a civilian family so I find some things about the shinobi lifestyle to be a bit unbelievable. I'm sure I'll adapt in time."
    "Whats unbelievable about it? Shinobi have been around since ancient times."
    "Kimiko, we really need to take you out to do something non-ninja related. Like eat at a restaurant or something, being a shinobi can't be your entire life."
    "But it is, that is what I'm meant to do. Whats wrong with that?"
    Yuyuyu sighs and doesn't press the issue further. The sad truth of ninja geniuses is that they often don't have a life outside of being one.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-11-13 at 03:41 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Uasgi had even narrower mindset.
    "Food!' She devoured, and then demanded.
    'Seconds!'
    "Manners!' The caretaker hit her hand with the ladle.
    "Ouch. Can I have seconds please?' Such a genjutsu! What else could make Usagi to have manners?

Usagi has joined the conversation. "Resturants... do you do there some secret trainings? Come on, y9u can tell me."
    The care taker made sure everyobe were fed.
    "By the way, you can call me Hoyo-San, or Sensei." She said with a motherly smile. She had sort of.. a soft dominance.
    "Yuyuyu, I am an old school ninja. Times are changing, and I respect the Second Ottokage's point of view: in the Education Comittete meetings he always say:"Let's put the grief and despair in the past. Let's fill our future with dreams and hopes!" For example, he ordered me to read the children fictional stories, something about "devolping imagination and creativity." He is admirable. Really. I think the radio station he has built, has saved my life, and the life of many ninjas and civilians alike."

Usagi:"Nom nom. Well, communication is a very strong tactical tool.'

Hoyo shook her head. 'This is true. But I am not speaking about that. I pray you will never be in the situation, where you wonder which kind of death is preffrable... he gave us hope, that the world will keep exisitng after the war. He described parties, couples walking the village hand in hand.. to us it sounded like a pure fantasy... but now this isn't far from reality.' She pause.
    "How ever.. the man who has inspired me to join the village was the first Ottokage. When he rallied us.. his motto was:"We might lose. We might die. But the world will hear our cry!"
    Usagi:"It sound like very self defeating and bitter motto."
    Hovo nodded. "Maybe. But to us.. it was inspiring. We were broken people, forgotten. We didn't believed we can win... but we wanted to be heard. And... I don't think that our village is strong enough nor old enough yet, to calm down this attitude just yet. But I obey the second Ottokage, of course.'

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko:
    The ninja, seeing tis okay to eat, grab some food and chorus:
    "Itadakimasu"
    "Itadakimasu"
    In thanks and start eating. Yuyuyu says between bites.
    "Understandable, Hoyo-san. I can see how such an attitude can be better than despair. Some things and people are just products of their time and there is nothing we can do about that. And what ninja wouldn't sacrifice their lives for the village?"
    Kimiko is nervous at hearing that question while she eats. The discussion was making her think ahead. Despite her acting like an adult ninja at times, she can't picture herself actually being a martyr in any capacity, or being asked to go on a suicide mission or something like that.

Not for any moral reason, but because she feels like she doesn't have the will to do so. It just not in her nature. She couldn't see herself putting the village over her desires for more jutsu and knowledge. What point was there in dying for some abstract bunch of laws, for people you never met, for some ideal or slogan? She might not be more than a shinobi, but she definitely will not be just another casualty or weapon. Her dreams were big, far bigger than this village. Bigger than being some self-sacrificing fool. She supposed this peace that the Otokage wanted was more beneficial to her goal of learning all jutsu than the previous generations goal- after all, how could she learn all jutsu, if she fought until she died? More communication offered better chances for her to learn all jutsu. To know it all, to get it all- war put people on guard, would make her goal more complicated and inconvenient by requiring her to fight. Best to take them as smartly and quietly as she could, until she was powerful enough to...to...

Her nurture of course pushes back, echoes of voices of her mother, Jirou and her clan telling what a ninja should do, should always be prepared to do in her head. Should always be like, making her feel selfish and unworthy. Shouldn't she be able to live up to those expectations? Shouldn't she be able to succeed at that like everything else? Shouldn't be able to do her duty? What was wrong with her that she dare not sacrifice her life for a greater cause? Such thoughts were what lead to Missing-Nin. Dangerous criminals who couldn't do their duty, who couldn't follow orders, who were out of control, untrustworthy and a threat to everyone around them. Shinobi who didn't deserve to live, according to the hidden villages. Her goal could easily take her down the path of becoming a Missing-Nin, one might say its impossible to achieve while still being a loyal rule-abiding shinobi.

Would she one day join the Missing-nin, she wonders? and if so, how long until she does?

What would be the alternative? Becoming Otokage so no one bosses her around and use the power for her own ends? No. Too much politics, too much of a distraction. Killing her dreams, doing her duty and some day dying for the village? No. That would be even worse. That wasn't a solution. Its not as if she can say any of this to anyone- she was still a child, and even if they listened to her problems, they wouldn't take it seriously or try to manipulate her for their own ends to give up her dream and remain loyal. Yuyuyu alone.... That was the problem with being a genius: you were more aware than anyone would ever like you to be. More far-planning than anyone ever knew. Yet the genius they saw was only the tip of the iceberg. Yet she did not have a solution. Not yet. She wasn't even at the first step of her plan. There were many details to be worked out.

But there is no rush. Best to stay as long as she can to benefit. No matter what she felt about her clan or the strange nightmares about killing she got. Problems to deal with before the true work can begin.
    "...Usagi, a restaurant is a place where people serve you food. It has nothing to do with training."
    She says, answering Usagi's question
    "As for the villages attitude, seems suicidal and idiotic to me."
    Kimiko replies in brutal honesty that only an introverted intellectual could deliver so flatly, as she basically agrees with Usagi but phrased differently. Yuyuyu raises an eyebrow at Usagi and kimiko's responses.
    "...I'm going to have to socialize both of you while you two either start or stop trouble constantly aren't I? I can just feel that this is what this team is going to be..."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

"I know what resturants is! I just assumed that Yuyuyu is a seriouse konuichi, so she won't waste time on stupid indulges.' Usagi explained with a groan.

Hovo smiled with patience. "Well, it seems Nozoji-Sama's idealogy was inserted into you, girls quite well. But, still. Our despair.. is what created the village"

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Yuyuyu:
    "Usagi. Ninja have lives to. Odayama-sensei should be proof enough of that. Going out to eat is not that big of a luxury. Also...I'm pretty sure Kimiko is a more serious ninja than me."
    After all, Yuyuyu is capable of relaxing.

Kimiko: Be a cold know it all jerk about this.
    Unfortunately she is a bit of a know-it-all and begins explaining:
    "I wouldn't say its his ideology that I have. Peace has nothing to do with it. More like that I know what the oldest meaning of the word ninja which "one who endures" and that fighting recklessly is illogical. The only way to keep going is to choose the logical option which is to live. Despair is nothing but an emotion, a chemical in your brain that only negatively affects you and therefore should be discarded as despairing in battle is detrimental to winning in battle. Therefore such a slogan, such despair is not only irrational, it is against what a ninja is all about: survival.

To say that despair somehow motivated you...is illogical. It motivates no one and in fact the definition of not being motivated. After all, despair is a vulnerability that can be taken advantage by emotion-type genjutsu to deadly effect. These are just basic things that my clan has taught me about ninja life. The reason why its a common practice to shut out emotion is because we literally live in a world where our own thoughts and internal functions can be turned against us. We are the masters of our own mind, emotions and wills. Not the other way around, or we're dead. Be wary of your emotions...or they will just become weapons to be used against you.

The fact that someone wielding a powerful genjutsu believes that despair is anything but a vulnerability, when they should honestly know better is completely baffling at best."

Kimiko's tone is somewhere between "cold as ice" and "condescending jerk".
    "...Kimiko, thats cold."
    "Its rational. Its reality. I'm just pointing it out. If this village refuses to accept it and get slaughtered by a powerful mass genjutsu targeting that despair so they fall on-"
    Yuyuyu quickly interrupts Kimiko by bopping her on the head and saying
    "Manners!"
    "Hrn."
    Genjutsu induced seppuku was not a topic to mention around children! Or anyone for that matter. Though it is true that there were more than a few "suicides" in the shinobi world's history that had too many similarities to assassinations to be comfortable with but of course no one can prove anything- how do you gather evidence for a genjutsu master who can pull that sort of thing off?
    "I'm sorry Hoyo-san, Kimiko here has no tact whatsoever, she still has a lot to learn about social situations heheheheheh..."
    Honestly where is an idealistic idiotic hero skilled in talk no jutsu when you need them?

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi nodded. She wasn't this good with big speeches, but more or less has agreed with Kimiko.
    Hovo didn't looked impressed not hurt. "Eh. Don't sweat it, Yuyuyu-san. Youth bound to think they know better. Specificly Konoha tried this very strategy, and yeah in thoery it should have worked. Yet... here we are.' She gotten up.
    "The dimension of theories not very often meet this reality. Anyway-"
    She slam the laddle on the table. "That it kids! I'll collect the bowls, and you can go to play in the stations as usual. I'l wash the dishes, and the Genin girls will make sure you don't murder each other.'

Things actually work themselves out- fed, and also their mental needs fulfilled, the children more or less ready to busy themselves with games, mostly physical ones.
    At the "House" corner, the Komoro girl play with the Kaguya boy. "You know.. I dont really love you. I only married you, because my parents forced me too. I won't be chained to you anymore!'
    'What?'
    Lil' Kimiko jumped on his back. "Aha! You are dead, nya nya!"

You know. Normal children games.

Usagi played with the spitting kid, and they tossed toy kunais at a target.

For a short while, everything looks fine.
    But the Fukaimi girl, aporach Kimiko shyly.
    "..."...Kimiko-Sa..sama?' she looked pale and scared

------
    My previouse Avater