New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto SoundITP IC 1: A Melancholy Song of Hope To Come

Kimiko:
    She just rolls her eyes. The Sound got lucky with martyr based psychological tactics in that battle, and everyone knows it. Of course she has her own mysteries to wonder about that battle, like: where was the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki amid all that? Even if someone unleashed the Fox within to try and turn it against Konoha, it would be a double-edge sword at best and would cause a lot of destruction and collateral damage to the sounds forces as well- the Tailed Beasts care little for which humans they attack, they are indiscriminate in their hatred. While a Jinchuuriki in Konoha' control and able to use their power effectively would turn the entire battle in Konoha's favor that no amount of slogans or suicide bombing would make up for. There was a reason why minor nations normally didn't attack great powers like that. There were three possibilities: either their Jinchuuriki was new- they had to be sealed within someone at early ages for their chakra to adapt quicker, and 9 or 10 was considered the LATEST you could do it. Second possibility was that the Jinchuuriki was away from the village on a mission at the time, or third possibility the Sound planned for the Jinchuuriki and had someone able to keep the Jinchuuriki from turning the tide of battle which wasn't an easy feat.

As she thinks, walking by the Kaguya and Komoro kids and has a strange feeling of.....foreboding? As if this situation or something like it might happen someday? Was there a term for that? Bah, precognition was nonsense. Not even ninja can predict the future. No seriously, there is no ninja ability kekkei genkai or non recorded able to do that. Fate and prophecies are a myth. Perhaps she was just afraid of her own situation.

She regards the Fukaimi girl with a raised eyebrow.
    "I don't think thats the proper term for me in this context even if I am awesome but whatever, whats your question?"
    She is totally ready for all the questions. She's Kimiko Ishikawa, Prodigy of her Clan! Nevermind that she completely misses the emotions on the little girls face and that Yuyuyu is facepalming in the background at her inability to see how scared she is.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

The girl look scared and guilty.
    "I..know I shouldn't have the Kekkei ability... but..' she pause.
    "I hear someone else beside Hovo-Sensei in the kitchen. And I can hear... he want to do something bad.'
    She look down. '...I... thought I should tell it to someone. You are strong... even if you are a girl too..'
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko: Protect the Children
    She instantly goes serious, her face settling into determination, knowing the past number of attacks these days. She puts her hand on her hand, rubbing it affectionately.
    "You did well. You'd make a fine shinobi someday. Keep calm."
    Everyone was in danger. What was the priority of the mission? Keep the children safe. Hoyo-sensei knew that and could defend herself. Therefore first priority was getting the children away from here. Keeping them here would be detrimental. Whoever the person was, there were of unknown strength. Kimiko draws the Origami no Tsurugi.
    "Yuyuyu! We need to evacuate the area. Immediately. Fukaimi-chan just warned me of an intruder in the kitchen."
    Yuyuyu nods then calls out in a stern authoritative tone, her voice carrying across the room while she quickly runs over to the deaf boy and grabs his hand to start leading him outside while drawing her umbrella with the other.
    "Everyone here evacuate the building in a calm and orderly fashion! This is NOT a drill! We are authorized to knock out civilians and carry you to safety if you disobey! Be prepared to run from the enemy if they appear! Kimiko form the rear guard, as your the most proficient in close combat, Usagi you take the front with me and keep your bow ready at range."
    "Wait, does Hoyo-san know of the intruder? If she is unaware of them..."
    Yuyuyu inwardly swears. If Hoyo-san is unaware, that could mean she might already be dead.
    "Change of plans, Kimiko you need to go to Hoyo-san and warn her. Only one of us can go as we need to protect the kids and Usagi's bow would be less effective in close quarters."
    And her rabbit summons ability to dig would be better used outside to, but its best not say that out loud. Yuyuyu however is completely aware that Kimiko might be going to warn a corpse, and Kimiko knew her warning might turn into an impromptu scouting mission and confirmation of a KIA. Nevertheless, they can't leave a shinobi behind. Yuyuyu evacuates the kids, using all the stern authority she can muster while Kimiko nods and dashes into the kitchen to try and see what has happened to Hoyo-sensei, yelling out.
    "Hoyo-san! We have an intruder! Kitchen!"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-11-14 at 07:00 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi sigh. "I can do more stuff beside archering. I also have kunais and shurikens... but ok.' She limp behind, watching the rear of the group, drawing her bow, and preparing an arrow, the crotches are under the armpits, and she moved them by flexing and releasing her muscles there.

"Hey... Yuyuyu..one child is missing, it's lil' Kimiko!'

----

A hooded guy, is laying, with his face on the floor uncousniouse, while Hoyo pant and stand.
    "...I.. have.. noticed. Are the children ok?'

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko:
    "Yuyuyu is evacuating them from the area as we speak, Hoyo-san. This is the second assailant we've found out of three attacks our team has suffered over the past three days."
    She proceeds to take out some rope from a storage scroll and begin binding the unconscious attacker in a specially designed knot that makes sure their hands are kept apart so as to not form hand seals.
    "If we can bring this one in alive, perhaps we can get information on why. Three times is enemy action as they say, and whoever is attacking is for some reason targeting Team 3 specifically. Once this one's restrained, we can move with them at a safe distance to get this one to the Otokage."
    As trained she movements to tie up the assailant are quick and practiced, then will begin dragging him if successful.

Yuyuyu:
    Kuso!
    The thought flashes through her mind. Where did Chibi-Kimi run off to!? This was bad, there was no guarantee that Futility-san was alone. There could be a third criminal going after Chibi-Kimi even now. But how could she know where she went? Its not as if she had any chakra-sensing techniques, those had to specially developed. So she turns to the rest of the kids and demands
    "Alright, who saw Lil' Kimiko last!? and if so, what direction was she headed? Honest answers now, her life rests in what you know! We leave no one behind!"

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

As Kimiko touch the uncounise's hands to tie him.. something feel off. His hands doesn't like... exactly human.
    Hoyo, also surprised, using the laddle, carefully using her laddle to take off the hood.
    It's... a chimp. And curse marks stain at least half of it's head.
    "...We used those kind of things in the war. Our people have devolped it. Few of them still roaming uncontroably the area, but... those ones never venture so deep into the village. They are animals..' Hoyo say confused.

Kimiko also notice strange fresh scar on the back of the chimp's head- six small scars, set in as two pairs of three diagnoal lines. She might have seen it on... lil' Kimiko shirt.
    -----

There is an akward silence.
    Though Usagi all of the sudden point at the Komoro girl, who look sad and scared. "Hey, you! Fluffy eared glassed dork! You know something she is your bestie!"
    The girl's ears have folded down. '...she told me not to tell to anyone.."
    Usagi:"I will break your glassed! Speak up you baka!'
    The sensitive bat girl whimpered. "I have heard someine walking on the roof, carrying something heavy. So I have told her. And then Kimiko said, she want to protect the village just like her mommy did, and told me, not to snitch on her..."
    Usagi growled. "Ugh! I am going up!" Usagi, held the crothces, passing the bow under her armpit- she threw herself into the air, landing on the wall, and with her crotches wall ran toward the fenced roof.

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko: Use Brain
    No one makes marks like that without a reason. But if there are other curse marks on the chimp, what does this one specifically do and why would Chibi-Kimi have it? It has some form of curse mark or fuinjutsu that she was sure. But for what purpose? If it was to remotely control those marked, it would in theory only control Lil'Kimi's clothing. Some kind of fuinjutsu that acts as a marker for a space-time jutsu to teleport someone towards them is possible, but the problem with that is the amount of effort to get the mark on them in the first place without them noticing would negate any potential benefits, was the monkey's purpose to do all the grunt work for the user, put the mark on the victim and teleport them to some container? Or did the user finally figure out how to control somebody with a curse mark without it touching the skin?

No wait, the motivations of the people have been to so far to hurt children. Futility-san, whoever tried to kill Usagi....they were both going for the kill, to shock, to hurt. Assuming that it was connected and she was sure it was-there was no coincidences in the shinobi profession- then this curse mark was potentially lethal. Turning kids and chimps into suicide bombs? That....that was twisted, but would fit the assailants modus operandi, perfectly. These people were trying to cause chaos and kill hope, terror tactics, what better way than to turn one of the victims into a bomb to kill even more? The other chimp also suicided, but that was Odayama sensei's doing. Her eyes widen to the danger.
    "Hoyo-San. There are two dangers. This mark right here, the six cuts? They are probably a dangerous seal, one that I saw on Lil'Kimiko's shirt earlier. The assailants pattern of attacks have been to shock and terrorize the village by targeting children. We need to get this chimp away from anyone that can be hurt by this seal being activated, probably as some form of bomb. If I'm right and Lil'Kimiko also had this seal placed upon her, that means she could be a bomb to, which means we need to save her from the seal placed upon her. Which might require someone to unseal it without releasing it to save Lil' Kimiko's life and everyones lives around her. Which requires a fuinjutsu user greater than me."
    The only person she could think of that might possibly be able to in the village...was her brother. Assuming he even can. She only knew Explosive Tags and Enclosing Technique, she had a long way to go before she could think about disarming an unknown curse mark.
    "I need to contact someone to help with this. Get the chimp away from here preferably somewhere wide open, we don't know if it needs to be alive for it to be used or if it will be activated upon its death. I'm not sure if this mark truly is a bomb or not but we can't take chances and no info can be gotten from an animal."
    She takes out of the sound's standard issue radio earpieces and tunes it to the right channel. This wasn't like calling a phone and anyone would be able to hear them on the same frequency.
    "This is Team 3, Genin Kimiko Ishikawa, calling for backup at the ninja pre-school. We are being attacked again, potential curse mark suicide bomb situation, need fuinjutsu expert for disarmament, kids lives in danger, over."
    "Roger that." Jirou's stoic voice comes back seconds later after repeating her message a couple times.
    "Moving to assist. Over."
    She repeats it a couple more times just to make sure others are aware then hangs up. It will still be a few minutes before he can make it though, and she hears Usagi thump up onto the roof.
    "You know what to do. I need to check that out."
    She dashes away running by Yuyuyu who sighs and keeps leading the children out while keeping her umbrella at the ready to protect them while Kimiko follows Usagi, not far behind.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Yuyuy didn't had time to focus, but now that Usagu and Kimiko left... she recall Chibi Kimiko's auntie had a sign that looks like wbat Kimiko has described.
    With some imagination, it looks like wishkers. Maybe, the symbol if the new clan, which right now, if not to count Odayama has three members?

But why would this mark be on the chimp?

The fence of the roof was bent. Seems, like there has been a struggle.
    "Heh, try to keep the pace!' Usagi yelled at Kimiko as she jumped from to roof following two figures: one small, a child? And the ither, hooded abd taller.
    "Ksu. The chibi neko you, is fast!'

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Yuyuyu:
    Assuming she heard Kimiko's explanation, she facepalms. Leave it to Kimiko to be intelligent enough to realize the possibility of a fuinjutsu bomb but not knowing about a new clan's symbol because she was social isolate. But she supposed it wasn't too bad of a blunder: letting people know a freaking child kidnapper was here and sending for back up was a good move regardless. And assuming the worst was generally good instincts. The chimp was probably just a trained clan pet- wait. Odayama + clan symbol +chimp + daughter targeted equals....
    "If this is all a test by Odayama-Sensei or something, I'm SO going to be ticked off."
    She still keeps evacuating the children. She isn't taking chances, and she might get graded on how well she does it. Just because you realize that it might all be a simulation doesn't you mean you stop treating it as if it isn't.

Kimiko:
    "Careful!"
    Kimiko says to Usagi as she jumps from rooftop to rooftop as well.
    "the child has probably been turned into a bomb. We need to knock out the assailant so they can't activate the seal then get the child away from him so that they can safely be disarmed. A life is on the line Usagi. We can't let her get hurt. I'll grab, you take care of the adult, ready? 3....2.....1......go!"
    At "go!" she extends the Origami-No-Tsurugi to grab Lil'Kimiko and pull back to her expecting Usagi to do something in the same instant to knock out the cloaked person.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

[Odayama]

Odayama hanged laundry to dry.
    Ksu, hairballs were a nightmare to deal with, and his wife who happened to be one of the three thunders and the captain of the anbu, won't accept anything less then purrfect.
    Sure, right she was probably on top sectet mission in the land of "I'll have to kill you, if I'll tell you dear, so shut up baka."
    But she always knew, when he tried to slack off.
    It amazing he wondered. He knew ninjas who could summon dragons of water, in THE war, there were this crazy mercenary that averted a river.
    But no one in the whole damn ninja world had jutsus for laundary.
    "We really are only capable of destruction.' He ranted. This was the third time, he washed the clothes and now he watched close with a magnifying glass, to see if those stupid cat hair were washed off.
    He sneezed all of the sudden, and noticed that something beeped in his vest.
    He pull out a small radio like object. 'Nandatu..." he frowned.
    This was a little thing he tinkered. It could follow up to 5 cheaps, and on calculator screen wrote their coordinates.
    He had 5 active- 2 for his daughters and 3 on each of his students, that he placed in secret.

For Kimiko, he programed the locator, to beep if she leave the ninja kinder garden.
    Also, Usagi and big Kimiko seemed to chase lil' Kimiko...
    He sighed, and jumped off.
    ---------

"Turned a girl into a bomb?! Then can do it?!' Usagi was unsettled, but frowned with determination. "Hai.'
    Lil' Kimiko wasn't prepared.
    "Nya?' She gasped as she was grabbed.

Usagi decided to be DEADLY seriouse. She regreted no summoning Yojimbo, her hands were sore, but there were no time.
    She pulled eight arrows, each had a scroll.
    Yes! Here in the open, with no regrards for safety, she could use it!
    Usagi smiled. "You better, have prepared an umbrella- cause it going to rain you baka!"
    She shot eight arrows- each of the scroll has opened and released dozen of arrows, it was a rain of arrows- inescapable- the hooded figure turned and parried some of the arrows- but in the end, he looked like porpupicine.
    'Yeah! My first human kill!' Usagi jumped happily, off her of crotches and almost fell between two building, but caught a broken pipe and spinned herself back up.

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko: Realize Errors Have Been Made
    She sprints away from the figure and carrying Lil' Kimiko in her arms
    "Don't worry. You are safe now, Chibi-Kimi and the seal will be removed shortly."
    From a safe enough distance, She stops as Jirou lands on the rooftop and says
    "wheres the seal?"
    Kimiko presents Lil'kimiko to Jirou, pointing to the clan symbol.
    "Right here!"
    For a moment, there is silence:

Jirou gives a little snort to contain his laughter and says
    "Snrk..Kimiko....thats just her clan symbol."
    "Wheh?"
    Jirou treasures the current face of pure confusion on Kimiko's features right now. He will sear this moment into his memory forever. It was just too precious. Too funny. He was corpsing even now.
    "You mistakenly thought that it was a seal or curse mark. Oh my sweet little sister. Never change."
    "Heeeeey, whats that supposed to meeean-"
    Jirou forehead pokes her, then gets her to gently set the child down. Even though his face was as stoic as ever, she could tell he was laughing on the inside and was never going to let her live this down. He wasn't, he was going to learn all the details and tell everyone for years to come of the Story of How Kimiko Ishikawa, Genius of the sound Village, mistook a clan symbol for a dangerous fuinjutsu and caused a false alarm. Somehow this teasing was even worse than any anger or punishment he could've possibly dished out for wasting his time. Jirou then walks by Usagi, commenting:
    "Greetings Usagi-san, sorry to leave you hanging. I have something to confirm."
    Kimiko groans at the bad joke while Jirou walks over the cloaked figure full of arrows and tears off the cloak to see whats underneath, having a hunch about what it really was.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-11-21 at 10:26 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi blinked. She wasn't better then Kimiko in this regrad.

Lil' Kimiko hissed. 'Hey! I was about to cath him, and become the hero of Ottogakure!nya!'

Under the hood, was... very dead man. Actually...
    Too dead. There were no blood from the arrows that hitted it. He was dead for days. Maybe weeks.
    He also carried for some reason the Nekozaki symbol.

Odayama has arrived there panting. 'What is going on?'

Usagi blinked. 'It's you and your silly tests again! Right?!"

Odayama either a very good actor, eithet he doesn't know what Usagi speaking about

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Jirou: Explain situation.
    "Huh. I actually expected another kind of monkey to be under here. No matter. still Nekozaki. This seems to be a corpse, that has been dead for longer than few seconds, there is too much rot for this to be Usagi's kill. I'm sorry Usagi, but your going to have to save the celebration of ending a life and the trauma associated with doing so for another day. I know, its such a letdown."
    His tone never changes but your all certain this is sarcasm. He turns to Odayama
    "Hello, Odayama-san. I believe there has been some misunderstandings happening here. Your genin seem to be under the impression that there was an attack by some terrorist like the last two days. So they acted quickly, thinking they needed to defeat both assailants and rescue your child. Of particular note is that Kimiko despite her fuinjutsu knowledge lacked some basic knowledge about your clans own symbol and mistook it for a dangerous seal placed on your daughter that needed disarming. Thus why I was called here in a false alarm.

From what I can deduce, they thought the monkey was another assailant and stopped it, then came up here when they heard the footsteps. Thinking that this cloaked figure was taking the child away, they acted to uphold their mission and protect the children, with Yuyuyu acting to evacuate them from the area so as to get them far away from the potential assailant, while Kimiko retrieved your daughter from their clutches and Usagi unleashed a ridiculous amount of arrows upon an poor unsuspecting undead corpse. A corpse with the Nekozaki symbol. Some form of necromantic jutsu it seems, given that its not bleeding from the arrow punctures. A forbidden jutsu. Quite concerning.

So aside from a member of your clan apparently being reanimated by a forbidden jutsu with no idea how that happened..."

He would never dare accuse a fellow shinobi of using such a forbidden jutsu, Odayama probably has no idea. Jirou looks around the situation: Kimiko gawping that she had looked foolish right now, Usagi confused, and Yuyuyu still dutifully carrying out the evacuation. He raises a single eyebrow in fascination.
    "...The situation. Its quite humorous."
    His face and voice are unchangingly stoic as ever, but you can tell that is laughing, on the inside. He goes over and forehead pokes Usagi too. Oh to be young and a genin, incidents like this are fuel for stories with your friends for years. He was sure they will someday will look back on embarrassing situations like this and laugh.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi roar in frusration
    "This is bullksu!!!'
    "Usagi, manners.' Odayama has scolded softly.
    "Daddy! I was going to be a hero!" Lil' Kimiko whined.

Odayama sigh. "I think it's a clumsy attempt to raise feuds between our clans. I guess it were supposed to be an attack orchastrated by my clan. But my wife, is mostly into Taijutsu, her sister as well, my daughters are too young. And dealing with corpses and exploding monkeys too much of a bother for me.'

"You are just lazy, daddy! Send cool attacks on us!' Lil' Kimiko mewed.
    "...yeah. no. You are going to do now lots of chores.'

"Nyani?!"
    "...You ran off, against orders. It's either chores or cocumber*.'

Lil' Kimiko is an expriession of horrified O-O

----
    *I dont want it to sound wrong. I reffer to those funny videos of cats scared of cocumbers.

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Jirou: Assess.
    "I concur with your assessment, Odayama-san."
    Jirou says
    "Fuinjutsu is more my families expertise, but we have no experience with ninja monkeys and reanimation while not being a good idea to dabble in general, more importantly requires skill in fuinjutsu and ninjutsu that honestly no one in this village possesses, unless someone has done a real good job of hiding they're jounin level or above, but then if we're dealing with jounin and we're only chuunin, how would tell if someone was? They're higher rank for a reason."
    He says pondering the problem of this incident.
    "Anyways. These incidents occurred three times around Team 3, Odayama-san. Specifically your genin while you were away. Once is luck, twice is coincidence, but three times is enemy action. A pattern of attacks or incidents upon or around your genin specifically has formed. Each time, once a day. That suggest to me, that whoever the perpetrator is they can either consistently sneak past all the mines, walls, guards and defenses we've set around this village to prey upon our genin daily then get out- which puts their skill even HIGHER than we thought....or....

more probable and simple: they are in disguise, and have infiltrated the village as somebody, a person or cover they can hide as within the village. We have a saboteur in our midst, and for some reason they are focused on your team specifically."

Kimiko speaks up
    "could it be Futility-San is still alive and simply sent some...replacement to die for him in that first attack, and he is simply being more cautious and trying to terrorize the village by targeting its best and brightest?"
    "Possible. but there is some problems with that theory: Why target the Ishikawas? While a noble clan and with promise, we're not exactly the great power we once were in Kirigakure, nor are we a core part of Sound's new culture. Its sad, but its very possible that an Ishikawan death would not have that much of an impact to a village full of people who don't like noble clans hearing about a noble clan that came in late to their formation during the Third War. We simply do not have that kind of influence for our deaths to demoralize people.

No the target that would make more sense is the Fukaimi boy in Team 1. They are much more of a core part the Sound village than we are, and thus if terror is what the culprit wanted, they would've targeted the genius that symbolized Sound values, not whatever is left over of Kiri's values transplanted onto Sound's outskirts. They would vary up their attacks, make them less predictable, so to induce a fear that you'll never know which part of village will be targeted next. Create and atmosphere of fear and paranoia. Three attacks on the same genin team? Thats too focused, the person has to know that repeatedly targeting the same people would be cause to protect those people better and watch for more incidents surrounding them. It can't be Futility-San no matter how alive or dead he is. This doesn't match his motivations.

Which means, that whoever it is, doesn't care about that. Whatever it is they're after, they're after Team 3 specifically. I will not pretend to know anything about Yuyuyu-san or Usagi-san. If there is any reason why they could be targeted, like some dark secret they've been holding out on, they'd best tell us. The only culprits I can think of to target Kimiko specifically would either be Konoha....or Kiri. They're the two villages that have reason to be ticked with the Ishikawas from the last war, and while konoha has reason to be angry at you as well, I don't see a Kiri-nin having any qualms about making Ishikawas fight someone they don't care about.

Kimiko replies back
    "what if its another missing nin though? Just... a different one."
    "A missing-nin from Konoha or Kiri still falls under those villages as far as motivation is concerned. Ninjas have left village ranks to seek revenge all on their own in the past, rationalizing that they're just going a bit farther than the village wants for the villages own good. But I doubt that applies for Kiri, when it comes to those missing-nin, the current situation is different."
    "....Why?"
    Jirou waves his hand airily.
    "For various reasons complex, secret and grey that we do not have time to get into, that isn't your concern until your older anyways."
    If he had to list off all the reasons why he didn't think it was a Kiri missing-nin specifically, they'd be here awhile. Best saved it for people like the Otokage. Kimiko grunts at the non-answer, not liking it.
    "well anyways, someone should get both the monkey and the corpse to safe places away from others so that people can make sure they aren't going to do something, and we Genin should get back to our mission. More people guarding those kids the better until we have the all-clear."
    Kimiko jumps away to guard the kids besides Yuyuyu, taking Lil' Kimiko with her. Jirou says to Odayama
    "Well, I better transport and check the two bodies just to be safe, then report all this to the Otokage when done. What will you do?"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-11-26 at 12:40 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Odayama look in the distance.
    "I am not supposed tell you this, Jirou. But.. there were more attacks. Om team 1 as well. The Ottokage has ordered to silence all reports. My guess, that he believe that us discussing this,.is what the attackers want- so far, there were no casualties. Maybe they are trying to make some sort of point. Anyway, for now, I'll conclude my team's mission for today. And of course think about ton of chores as prize for my Kimiko-chan's bravery.
    -It's not fair!!!"
    Odayama take lil' Kimiko and look at Jirou. "The Ottokage has a very positive opinion about you. Lately he started to talk about succesion... and he has mentioned you few times. Maybe you should visit the radio station more often.' And with that he jump off.

Hovo-San has safely put the chimp's corpse in the forest and has reurned afterward

Odayama gotten to the group.
    'Hmm. Hey. So.. good job girls. I didn't get to finish laundry, but those days, it seems even D missions are quite intense. Are you ok?"

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Jirou:
    For a moment Odayama sees a look of surprise flash across Jirou's face, which hew hastily corrects back to his stoic look. He knew the exact significance of what Odayama was talking about. Successor to a kage-ship was something big- even if technically, the Otakage position was not recognized by the superpowers of the shinobi nations enough to get into the Kage Summit. Being a leader of anything was nothing to joke about.
    "....Noted. Odayama-san. Thank you for telling me this."
    It made sense. The man was getting old. You had to choose a successor at some point. But why him...? Oh no. Could it be that he has decided to make....Kimiko the next one!? Or Mitsuko!? No, Mitsuko would be bad....and Kimiko would be worse. Even if Kimiko grew up, was normalized to the point of being a friendly likable person and had the villages best of intentions, she was possibly the worst candidate for any kind of Kage position. Ever. Their mother would at least have the decency to be able to perceive how people think and manipulate people around her and TRY to be a leader the village needs, but Kimiko would see it as nothing but a way to get all the jutsu she wants from this village then leave, because she wouldn't want to deal with anything involving the social side of this. It would be a disaster.

Jirou knew his little sister. She is the exact kind of genius, the kind of person that should be kept away from leading anyone.

He knew about his sisters notes and what she plans to do. She can't fool her big brother. I mean what do you think a ninja is above reading their younger sisters private diary? Come on. No, he had to make sure above all that Kimiko wasn't made Otokage, and that she was given incentive to stay inside this village, at the very least. Kage Kimiko Ishikawa wasn't a fate that he'd want to inflict on any ninja nation, not even his worst enemies. There was some talks he needed to do later, and not just with the Otokage.
    But first things first: He sets about to work to transporting the corpse in a storage scroll then finding someplace relatively safe to examine it for any fuinjutsu that he deactivate to his knowledge.

Kimiko:
    Yuyuyu first says
    "I evac'd the civvies out from danger, Captain. I am fine."
    She privately admits that manipulating the little kids around here was a little too much fun though.
    "I'm kind of annoyed this was all a dud, relatively speaking. The person doing this is still out here, and they are being...elusive."
    "your just embarrassed that you didn't recognize a clan symbol."
    "Sh-shut up!"
    "anyways I was right then? It was all a simulation? Whats my grade?"
    "It wasn't a simulation, Yuyuyu. Odayama-sensei wasn't and isn't capable of that kind of testing. It would require him to do much work. Apparently it was probably to frame the Nekozaki fro trying to stir something up with the Ishikawas."
    "...Oh yeah, I guess your right. We got lucky that what we assumed didn't end screwing up the mission."
    "Because we assumed the worst, and because the worst didn't happen its a pleasant surprise and thus we succeeded even through we overshot it a little and looked foolish. Thats why you don't take chances."
    "Yeah but if you thought nothing of it, there would be no risk of the feud-inciting at all. but then again, your lack of social knowledge actually worked in our favor: if it was really to incite a feud, your assumption that it was a weapon seal killed the ploy before it ever began. The person completely misread you and how'd you would react to that, because it relied on you being up to date with the people around you. Guess all that training to act like a noble and hide how nerdy and socially-incompetent you are works doesn't it?"
    "Heheheheheh.....yeah..."
    Kimiko is slightly deflated that Yuyuyu sees right through her like that. People weren't supposed to know! Her mask was supposed to be better than that.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-11-26 at 05:10 AM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi laugh.
    "Ha! I know even less about clans and stuff! I am the ultimate ninja!"

Odayama blink. "What- no. I didn't-" she wave it off
    "Don't be too harsh, Yuyuyu. There always something we don't know. Assuming the worst, isn't great for normal life functions, but is practical for shinobi missions. You did well, Kimiko." He smile in a fatherly way.
    "And no, we aren't up for tests for the short term. There is an actual jobs to do, and the missions also train a little by little. We ninjas sometimes, have mission of protection, some of them are ranked A and S. It's a diffrent mindset. I am not the manipulative kind of Sensei. Ok? I will try to give you as much diverse missions as possible. Don't be frozen in your mindset, ninjas need to be fluid, and so far you are succesful. I think I can treat you dinner. I just need to collect Miko, and I'll take us all for a ramen. How about that?"

Usagi choke in her own droll.
    "Is Usagi ok...?'

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Jirou: Meet with Otokage
    Jirou seeing nothing wrong with the body, soon stores it in a scroll jumps over and hands it off to Odayama so the Nekozaki clan can re-bury their fallen member. He investigates the monkey, deactivates any seals on them he can and leaves it to be dealt with by others before. He then travels to meet with Nozojo. It was time to have words with him. He comes in bows and begins his speech:
    "Otokage-sama. I have heard from Odayama-taishou that you have mentioned my name positively in relation to succession. I can only logically assume that you want me to relay a message that another will be chosen as your successor and know who it is. I must be honest: there is no way I'll ever accept Kimiko Ishikawa as the next Otokage. She may be talented and this village may need strength and skill to stand up to stronger villages, but I warn you that she is the worst possible choice.

While I have no doubt that she can be a good person with some guidance, a great tactical thinker, and someone who will go on and do great things, she is a scientist not a politician. Her goals are inherently selfish, and I doubt her ability to sacrifice herself for others which is what the kage position requires. Her as a leader of a village would be disastrous and I would not wish such a thing on my worst enemy, if only for the collateral damage it would cause to the people that don't deserve it.

Please. I humbly ask you to pick anyone but her. She should be kept far away from any kage position. Yes she is a genius, a brilliant one- but that is exactly she cannot lead. She does not understand people, for her smarts isolate her from their concerns. Please, do not make the mistake of the major villages, thinking only of greater power. I know your getting into your forties and need to start thinking about a successor to start training up to take over when you step down, but there are better choices than my sister, whom while I love and is my world, is someone I can say in full confidence will screw up everything if put in charge."

He says this with utter confidence and fire in his eyes you've never seen before. As if he needs to prevent what he foresees at all cost.

Kimiko: Be honest for once.
    Yuyuyu nods at Odayama's words, considering it reasonable. The restaurant is Ichikaru's Restaurant, a seeming universal chain with an always jovial understanding chef, seeming unphased by whatever ninja eats at their place. Their name is always Ichiraku, they always serve the best ramen, and even the ninjas are mystified why. They do not think it necessary to send spies to uncover the secrets of such a chain. Of course, some say the Ichiraku chain owes some of their success to the Uzumaki Clan's legendary addiction to the dish. the Ishikawas while not finding ramen bad, themselves prefer sushi and proclaim so in an Uzumaki's presence, partly because they love seafood and partly to annoy the eccentric redheaded clan by saying sushi is better, but don't mention it any time else. Assuming nothing happens on the way there, Kimiko will speak to Usagi while the infirm girl eats her bowl.
    "So...yeah I heard you say earlier you had weird dreams filled with blood and...I wasn't honest then. I myself been lately having these dreams....of killing Futility-san again, of failing the Bye-Bye Kitties...and waking up in a start, paranoid, ready to fight again."
    and killing the bandit before that. But she wasn't allowed to say that, it was a clan secret. Would they get in trouble if people found out they've been killing people behind peoples back like that just for a right of passage?
    "And I can't...wash the blood from my hands of the guilt of death....even though its a ninjas job to kill people like Futility-San, who is not even someone I liked or cared about! Even though ninjas die in missions and the bye-bye kitties got off lucky! For some reason, it keeps haunting me. Why does it keep haunting me? I'm not supposed to feel guilty over this! I'm a ninja. A Kunoichi of the Sound. I'm supposed to....be able to do this! It makes no sense! and today I was so sure that something had happened again and that I would have to kill again....why am I angry that it was a false alarm yet guilty that I did it?"
    She rants to half to Usagi and half to herself, a mix of emotions swirling inside her and a cross look on her face, only swirling her own ramen bowl with her chopsticks,
    "We know there is a threat to still out there. Its frustrating. yet I can't stop thinking of that time I sliced off his head and feeling strangely....bad about it. and I don't know why. Am I....defective somehow? did I slack off in some part of my training? Whats wrong with me!?"
    The last part comes out as a bit of a growl as she clenches her fist. Yuyuyu only listens, slurping up her own bowl of noodles.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Jirou- Candidate to be the Third Ottokage?

Nozojo is at the radio station, he is tinkering with the tech of the station, while conversing with Jirou.
    Officaly he had an office, but he rarely actually was there. Most of the time, the Ottokage has operated the radio station almost single handily, or traveled around the village, watching and seeing what require of his attention.

He laughed. "Kimiko? No no... she won't do at all. I do wish to give her a position of challenging responsibility in the future, maybe then she will devolp a loyalty toward our village.' the Ottokage shook his head.
    "No, Jirou-kun. I was talking about you- please give me the crooked thing from there-'
    he motioned for Jirou to bring him one of his tools.
    he said it simply, not offering further explanation, as if now everything is clear.

------

Usagi droll, and devour everything infront of her with vigor.
    Kimiko still pouting, and relucnatly, eat, her little sister, Miko silently stared at the group as she ate.
    Usagi was thinking.
    "I... feel a bit... cut off from my feelings. I think it make you human. I helped Yojimbo once to kill a talking wolf.. I felt bad. I am not sure why. Maybe because he begged.' she pause and slurped more ramen

Odayama has decided to let them converse, before he will add his exprience on the table.
    "...When I made you fall asleep with my lullaby.. did you had dreams?' Usagi ask

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Jirou: Resolution
    He freezes at this, a look of surprise on his face. Jirou was a smart guy but also humble, and simply never in a million years would conceive that he would be chosen for such a position. His plan in life had been one of service, in many senses. He points at himself as if to confirm the admission. Nozojo may not be aware of how rare it is to catch Jirou off-guard like this when he had done so well to both control his emotions without becoming emotionless his entire life to remain human.
    "O....Otokage-sama, I am....honored that you think so highly of me. I never thought anyone would ever consider me for such a position. This....this changes things."
    He closes his eyes breathes in and out, and in a single breath there is a change in demeanor in him. When they snap open, there is resolve in his eyes.
    "I must let you know, that if I am to take this position... that all that I have done for years has either been to serve the village or to stay by Kimiko's side so that I may make sure help remain human. To give her a chance to be more than just a ninja. If you think I am worthy of being the next Otokage, I will not question you. My concern is not myself but of my sister. If I am to take this position, I cannot serve two masters. To be Otokage is to dedicate oneself to the village above all.

Therefore I will have to sort out my affairs. Things like copying all my scrolls so I can give them to Kimiko so she can learn them on her own time, arranging someone else to be there for her, to train her...things I can take care of myself. There is one important matter however that needs to be discussed, and thus one think I ask of you in return for becoming Otokage. Normally a kage cannot interfere in clan matters, but they can when it its an inter-clan matter that involves two clans from the same village as it could cause conflict within said village.

Basically? Kimiko has been arranged since infancy to be married at age 16 to one in the Masuku clan, a genin one year older than her named Soru Masuku."

The Masuku Clan proclaimed itself the Silence in the Sound, for it was a clan that desired to go into ANBU to do the dirty deeds so that others didn't have to. They had no kekkei genkai and were instead users of hiden jutsu revolving around silences and vacuums. They were utterly loyal to the village and completely dedicated to making whatever sacrifice needed to keep it going as was many a loyal village ninja's ethos.
    Thus the perfect kind of family for someone like the the Ishikawas to marry with. First there was no competing bloodline to worry about, and thus no potential for them to be born with another clan's kekkei genkai. Second it tied them closer to the village and thus raised their standing. Third, a competent clan-raised ninja in the Ishikawa's eyes was a better thing to have to protect their daughter than any random guy. The prospects of benefit only got higher when it was found out that Kimiko was a genius and thus potential for replicating his hiden jutsu for themselves.
    "My plan was to continue teaching her and guiding her until then, then do everything in my power to make sure it didn't go through so the she kept her freedom. No matter what happened to myself. With this, my timetables have been accelerated and I must convince my family to break it off now. All I ask to lend your weight as an authority to make sure it doesn't happen. However even if I do so, there is one thing unavoidable that will occur as a result:

I will be disowned and exiled, and thus stripped of my clan status when this succeeds. It is in our best interest to let this happen. I am not the most assertive of people and if I get to Otokage position as a member of the clan I will be viewed as puppet for my mother, an extension of her will and that cannot be allowed. If I am made clanless however, that will signal to others that I am changing. That I am no longer tied to my clan's interests and thus my loyalty to the village will be unquestioned. However this will also mean I will not be able to be there for Kimiko. My efforts will be focused on making sure I am the best Otokage I can be, and will need to handle as any other genin to avoid favoritism. I cannot protect and teach her forever, and she should make friends with her team anyways."

There is a tinge of melancholy to his words, but you could tell he is set in his path and determined to do this. Kages are known to be a position of sacrifice anyways, given to those considered most able to handle the costs monetary, manpower and figurative. This was a sacrifice he would have to make himself.
    "If there is nothing else you need of me, Otokage-sama, I will be going. I have...many things to arrange."

Kimiko:
    Yuyuyu speaks up.
    "Usagi's right. Feeling bad about killing is just being human."
    Kimiko thinks on this, oddly pensive. Also she was a little confused.
    "...Human, huh? Why aren't you calling me weak?"
    She thinks upon Usagi's question.
    "....No. I did not. It was dreamless. Though I fail to see how that helps me. I don't think the clan would allow you to play a genjutsu to help me sleep every night? It would look too much like some foreign ninja trying to control me. They'd be paranoid that you'd be implanting orders into me to carry out when I'm awake later."
    After all, many genjutsu-specialized ninjas were able to do things like under the guise of entertainers and music-based genjutsu was developed so that they can disguise it as playing a normal lullaby. She sighs
    "If even the greatest of ninja experience such pain when they kill...what makes doing such things worth it?"
    She begins eating her ramen, pondering the puzzle before her, the emotional conundrum a new and frightening problem for her intellect to turn in her head, with seemingly no solution jumping out at her. And the way her teammates are reacting to this is strange, why are they are being so....soft? It was making little sense.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Nozojo laugh. Unlike his radiophonic persona, it isn't a loud mouth, but feel more intimate.
    "Heh, Jirou-kun. You are a gold mine for comedy. This is good."
    He shook his head. "First things, first- chill. I am not planning on you, successing tommorow morning- unless you have plans about it? Who knows?' He shrugged.
    'So chill. You have time to figure it out. Though, I am happy to see, that you are willing to take the burden." Pause.
    "Give me the screwy thingy. Yes. This. Thank you."
    "And no. I am not that fair and nice. If you are willing to success me, I expect you to be a BETTER Otokage then I am. You will be by Kimiko's side all the same. I am not *switching* your burdens, I am *adding* to them. You see.. what is a village? Buildings? Alliance? Secret unique techniques?" He shake his head.
    "Village are the people. Bunch of induvdials. Some you know better then others- they are your base. They remind you, that you serve humans. People with wishes, dreams and needs. Keep your ties." He say as he tinker.
    "Aha. Here it was. Ahaha. An actual bug." He pull a roach out of the system.
    "Hmmm.. about being a puppet... there are things we can do for that. Your mother can express her obdience, or you can take over the clan. Just two ideas I throw without thinking much" he say, and start cleaning the radio system with a brush.

He think about it. "Arranged marriages are very unpopular and have a bad name. It's true.' He say calmly. "But are they that bad? I know many who live happily and well. Usually, when two people hang around a lot, they tend to get used to each other." Another pause. "She is still young, you know. She can and will change. Beside, marriage on itself isn't a jail. Like... our Anbu Commander is happily married and mother to two. She kill people, send people to kill people and having fun in general. She even hoping to success me. So marriage isn't THAT tragic."
    "Phew. Finally. Are you up for a grease tea?" He ask and getting up to his mini kitchen- the radio station is an impressive building of three stores, but somehow, the kitchen seemed to be added as an afterthought.
    He call it a "grease tea"because everything here is so oily. Few oil drops drop from the ceiling.
    "Beside, doing dramatic gestures and creating rifts is always easier, and I might admit- statisfying. Especialy for a young ninja like you. But getting yourself exile will do a very little and questionable good, while there are more complex, yet effective alternatives. Let's do a "what if", we break the engagment. Now, we have two bitter clan leaders, a sister who feel dangerously guilty over what you did, and might do something stupid for your sake in return, we as Otokage have two clans who think of me as a dictator who intervern in personal matters and you have alienated at least two clans, and possibly all of them, due to the disrespect and disregrad of how clans work. And our Kimiko-chan isn't even happy in this scenario at all."
    He say as he prepare two cups of tea.
    "On the contraory, you could pursue and date a Masuku girl, prefferably from the main branch of the clan, to the point she want to marry you. Then, you are making the alliance even more natural and true, and letting Kimiko go, become much more easier for everyone. And if you smile enough, then Kimiko won't even have to feel you have sacraficed anything. Yeah, it isn't as a theatrical soluation, but it more efficent one, if may I say so myself."
    --------

Usagi sigh. "No.. I didn't meant genjutsus. No.." she pause.
    "Sometimes, I can't sleep home. Too much roaches and rats, and sometimes the bloodrain..." she pause.
    'So I sleep outside. Sometimes I play to myself." Another akward pause.
    "...I can play simple lullaby to you, and just.. be there. You know? Maybe your house is too cramped.for you to sleep comftrably."

Kimiko:"Ha! Mommy doesn't have problems in killing anyone!
    Odayama pat her head. "Well, mommy isn't exactly human. But this beside the point. Kimiko, Usagi, Yuyu... life are sacred. We take life, but don't take them lightly. In the mission, I became a chunin, I waited in the same place six month in order to assinate a certain induvdial. I learned her in every possible way. When I killed her, I probably knew her, better then she knew herself. It was hard. It is still hard. But being a ninja, isn't about easy. Become ruthless, is the easy way. Be an effective ninja ans remain human- is the real challenge."

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Jirou:
    At this, Jirou is outwardly stoic as ever, but an inner conflict was fought beneath. Of course the Otokage would suggest these solutions. A part of him is chastising himself for sharing his plans with Nozojo at all. He should've just said 'Yes Otokage-sama' and be on his way. But now he suggested solutions that made sense, solutions that he didn't like from his perspective, but ones that made more sense as an Otokage.
    He had good points to consider though. Making two clan heads bitter would be bad. Its just the alternatives....well...
    "1. You do remember that Masuku clan's ethos is to literally make themselves hollow soldiers who can put on any mask of personality as a deception and destroy all selfish motives in the process right? Marrying one would be like marrying a talking puppet or something. They make me look like Kimiko. They could undo all the work that has been done to keep Kimiko human. While how do you even date someone like that? What do you expect me say "sure Otokage-sama I'll go date a soulless husk reminder of what Kimiko would be like if I hadn't been around, I'll just figure it all out myself"?

2. Isn't being both clan head and Otokage a conflict of interest?

3. Even if I went and found a Masuku girl my age and convinced her to go through with this, I'm the black sheep of my clan, I have no kekkei genkai, I'm of low value in such exchanges even if my children could inherit it. Why would they even allow this to go through?"

He wasn't sure how Nozojo would take what he thought of Kimiko's personality and goals, and what she is willing to do for them. There was too much chance he would be dismissed as worrying or over dramatic just like right now.

Kimiko:
    "Outside...I mean there is basic survival training to think about... Be there? I'm not sure if they would allow you to stay that long, if at all? Why are you insisting upon this so much?"
    She considers the words of Odayama, scrunching up her face in concentration
    "Hm....that feels right. But I wish there was a more....logical way to go about it? Feeling things is hard. ....Thanks. I have lot to think about. But don't tell anyone that I don't like killing! If people knew of this, they'd take advantage of it."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

[B]Nozojo[/B
    "Blergh! What a terrible tea!" Nozojo coughed some oil.
    "You haven't tried your, yet." He chuckled.
    "Mmm. Well, as expected you are a smart guy, and you do have a point. But before I answer those I need to explain you something about my philosophy of dealing with challenges and problems."
    He is getting up, making more tea,even if the water that he pour into his cup is... a bit black and oily.
    "There are no perfect soluation. It's more about damage control, and the problems you preffer to deal more, then the others. For example... in my vision, children are spoiled and whiny.. about century from now, rather then violent and bloodthirsty. It WILL be a problem. But I believe most parents in the village would preffer this kind of problem."
    Did Nozojo had children? There were rumors.. but no one claimed to see them.
    "So, you pick a situation you preffer getting into, and then think how to get there. On the way, you may pack more problems- and if possible, you will try to avoid them. But not always this is possible. With his little segway, I can answer the little issues, you have presented." He get back with a new oily cup of tea.

"You and I have two goals here: You wish freedom for Kimiko, from potentialy unhappy marriage. I wish for someone mentally balanced to continue my legacy. In those goals in mind-" sip and cough*
    "Let's dig into your points.
    1. Ethos, fame and propaganda are powerful weapons for a ninja. It's like a world scale genjutsu with no chakra cost. But like any illusion, it can be disspelled if you think about it too long. Which what I suggest you to do: Is this a realistic ethos? I highl doubt it. It's a wish. Pure rational with no emotional baggage is an ancient dream, which I am sure our ancestors have dreamed on, the moment they have learned of the magical pleasure of violence." He pause.
    "We ninjas just added a dramatic touch, but no news for this wish. The Root organization in the Leaf Village also claim to fulfill this long waited dream. Now... is that possible? How do we turn a man into an empty husk? I know someone who tried brain surgery. But brain is a tricky thing. Alongside with the removed emotions many cognitive abilties were removed, so instead of cool emotionless soldiers, he got drolling fools more or less. How about psychological manipulation? I mean anything- torture, seduction, brain washing... well, we can influence the way people behave, and their surface thoughts, but the emotions.. are still there. We can use drugs- but they ain't deleting the emotions- just pushing them back into the subcousniounce at best. But, wait. We have genjutsu! But how does genjutsu work?
    Well, it manipulate some senses, or even all of them that something exist or not exist. Maybe, in theory to *hide* emotions. Oh ksu. It seems the best we can have here." He sip and cough. "I doubt either the Root, either Masuku have found something that break the ways human brain has worked until now. So.. what? Could they be lieing? And for what porpuse? And how?"
    Sip and cough*
    'Well, act. You can even act against your own mind, but this is still an act. So what the point? Well, you can force yourselves to do things you don't really want to, but more importantly... it's terrifying. Ninjas will fear mess with you, will respect you. So my answer- don't fall to this deception. Treat them as any other ninja. Unless I have negleting proves, I take their word to a face value. So far, I am alive, so it didn't dissapointed me so far.'
    Nozojo pause. "Why, yes. It is a conflict of intrest. But other villages dealt with such conflitcs of intrest and survived. Mostly play nice, and be sensitive.'
    He smile at the third point. "Well, I hope you aren't planning on assinating me at this very moment. Of course, we will have to work on your reputation. Yes. You are a nobody. And so I was. You can start by gaining the title of my assitant. It doesn't sound like much, but if anything, it will give you free pass to anywhere in the village, I will train you, and we will work to build for you a profetlio and connections. The question is, if you are willing to go through this? It won't be easy. And you will have to get used to drink those disgusting tea with me. Tfu."

-----

Usagi:"I am not! Just Tsuru-san, told me that you have as much issues then I have, even if diffrent! If your butt is to gentle to sit on the damn street, then I'll pass! I am trying to be nice and caring, baka! You want to have bad dreams and pity yourself be my guest, princess!"

Odayama shake his head. "The most logical way for humanity would be stop murdering each other. But it doesn't seems like a realistic option. So, don't feel too bad.' He smile.
    Miko mew. "Mommy told me, that if I feel bad, to claw the bad feeling away! And then toy with it! And then eat it!"
    Odayama sigh, but with a smile.

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Jirou:
    He considers his points.
    "You are correct. There is no true emotionlessness. Hm. As for being your assistant...well lets be honest. I did not have plans to advance farther or become better until now- I mostly thought that I was stuck being where I am as a Chuunin forever and that childish dreams of being a greater ninja were dead. But now that I see that its possible...that I could be worthy of such a greater position.....I think I want to achieve Otokage now. I want to make things better, I want a better world.

But don't think I'll be an imitation of you if I am to take the hat. Your wisdom and experience is valuable, but we cannot forge a new future from chains that bind us to the past. The reason I do this, is because I fully believe that if they are to be the Hope Generation...then they must bring that hope themselves. You cannot determine the form of the change they bring, neither can I. They will do so without our input regardless. But nor will that stop me from trying to make my own change in this world- they are not the only people that can bring about something new. They are only potential now, and if I can improve things so that potential can be better realized...I will.

In the face of that, the hardship to face...is meaningless. I must make sure Kimiko's future is bright. no matter what. I accept your offer."

If the Otokage approved of him taking over the clan....all the better. He had been prepared to sacrifice his status, get kicked out, rent an apartment on Chuunin pay in exchange for Kimiko being freed from marriage but...if the Otokage had nothing against him being clan head, well that changed everything. Assistant was one thing but becoming clan head? That would also be good training for the position, might as well fix his own clan along the way, and if he is clan head well....better position to negotiate, new clan head was much more sexy a position for attracting any potential girlfriend, no need to worry about appeasing his mother anymore, help Kimiko in another way, and he could instead just simply order their mother to do things, and its not as if the Otokage or anyone else could do anything about it- after all, clan succession was an internal clan matter.

Jirou saw no reason to not just challenge his mother for the position as soon as possible and saw no need to let Nozojo know about his intention to do so. Not today, but soon. He would simply have to make the right preparations.
    "Thank you Otokage-sama. I know what to do now."
    He bows and exits the room.

Kimiko:
    "She is trying to be your friend, Kimiko." Yuyuyu helpfully supplies. Though apart of Yuyuyu suspects something more but dismisses it as an overactive imagination.
    Kimiko blinks and says
    "Friend...? Oh right! I remember, my mother taught me this!"
    Oh no.
    "Friends are those sidekicks that help you on your road to greatness right?"
    Yuyuyu lightly bonks Kimiko on the head
    "No Kimiko-baka! Friends are a relationship of equals!"
    "Like....a teammate or a fellow solider?"
    "Yes, but more personal."
    "...Thats not what mom said....I'll have to ask if she has any friends, see if I can find any."
    Yuyuyu stares tiredly.
    "Kimiko....we're your friends....or at least the closest people you have to them."
    Kimiko blinks at that.
    "Oh. Neat. I'll have to study this more closely."
    "Kimi, you don't need to, its an experience, just keep being yourself."
    "Oh. Weird. Anyways, is that a challenge le- errr....Bunny-chan? don't think I can't handle it? I, the Heiress of All Ishikawa, won't be beaten by you in this! I'll take you up on your offer! Just you watch, I can handle some cold air and hard ground! I'll convince them to do it by saying uuuh....that its a contest, yes. To test and build my genjutsu resistance or something. I'm sure I can come up with way for them to accept it."
    Kimiko says, swapping the terms at the last second, not knowing if Usagi would like being called bunny-chan. She doesn't know, but Kimiko feels this odd warm feeling in her heart. Not like the usual passionate manic warmth when she finds a new jutsu to learn, but one that is just this soft general warmth in some way that relaxes her and assures its going to be alright. much like how she feels around Jirou. Weird. Where did this come from? How did they replicate Warm Brother Feelings? Was this some of genjutsu? She suddenly puts her hands together in the hand sign and says
    "kai"
    As if trying to dispel a genjutsu, the feelings remain.
    "....Kimiko why did you do that?"
    "....No reason. Just a silly thought."
    Yuyuyu is thinking: Did she just mistake friendship for a genjutsu? By the kamis, they had their work cut out for them.
    "Anyways....its nice talking with you, my teammates...and friends whatever those are. I'll think on all this."
    She turns to leave.

Kimiko and Jirou:
    They both arrive home, having strange revelations that need great processing. They face each other. Kimiko says
    "Hey Jirou. hows its going? You defuse those...?"
    "They were no problem."
    he says back and affixes her with a stare. Kimiko isn't sure about this stare, this contemplative look on his face.
    “What did you learn today?” he asks
    “That there are some people less fortunate than me in was that I can never imagine. That children are next generation and they need to be protected so they can grow to be something more than they are now, and maybe surpass the previous generation and protect the generation after them. That friends are equals apparently and that...they make me fool good.”
    “Really? I'm glad.”
    “Thanks.” she turns to leave but then is stopped when Jirou continues:
    “Now how are you going to reconcile these lessons with the goal of immortality and learning all jutsu?”
    She freezes. A great chill descends over the room. She doesn't know what to say. How did he know? She had thought she hidden those plans well enough, but apparently not enough from him.
    “How?” she managed to get out
    “I taught you what you know of sealing Kimiko. I can disable the basic multiple explosive and storage-based traps you set up and re-arm them again to make sure you never knew a thing. Though I do give you credit for figuring out double-layering seals for your final defense, I had to disarm that twice to make sure your journal wasn't destroyed.”
    “You read my secret diary.”
    “And said diary is quite an interesting read. Your steps to accomplish your goal are very logical: First acquire immortality so that you have the time to accomplish all this. Then acquire the energy you need to power all the jutsu that your going to do, then acquire the memory space powered by the vast energy you got in step two so you can actually memorize all the jutsu your going to get. From then on its just a matter of time and learning.”
    Jirou didn't like he had to confront her about this. He loved his little sister after all. But thats also why he must. He wanted the best for Kimiko, and that meant being careful.
    “However the amounts required of all these well....you basically plan to become a god in all but name. Far more ambitious than merely becoming Otokage or something like that. And how could you possibly pass down your power and allow the next generation to improve after you if you achieve this? One can get worried that from this evidence that you might have....”
    He raises an eyebrow
    “Megalomania: Obsession with the exercise of power, especially in the domination of others, and characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power or omnipotence.”
    He narrows his eyes as his hand drifts down to the Five Elements Tachi. If she proves dangerous it would be best for her if he cut Kimiko down now and save all the world the trouble and her the pain of her dreams being crushed slowly. He loved his sister and if it is true that her ambitions will lead her to evil, its best to end it now while it was still possible for him to do. He had no doubts that if Kimiko were allowed to grow even to Chuunin he would not be able to beat her, and even now, even with his advantages, losing a fight to her and dying was no small chance. There have been cases of ninja going mad with power like that, obsessed with abusing it for their own pleasure then getting killed by some assassin. He will not have that happen to her- he would kill her first then kill himself for failing to raise her right. It was all he could to protect the village from her, if that turns out to be the case.
    “Sounds like quite a threat. One that might need to be eliminated, if proven to be true. After all, power can corrupt people, and those already corruptible seek power. Question is....do I need to eliminate you?”
    He asks, ready to speed forward and kill her right then and there if her answer isn't a good one. For a long moment they stay there, tense and waiting for something to happen, as if some calamity could happen at any moment. The seconds tick by, Jirou's body strained ready for the worst and his eyes hard.

Then Kimiko falls to her knees, bent over and begins crying.
    “I'm-I'm sorry! I just....I just want to know! To learn all that I can possibly learn! There is just...so much to learn in this world and....I want to see the full picture....of all chakra! To know the shape of this world! It is my dream....and I'm making you worry that....that I might....go mad with power....”
    Jirou walks over and hugs her, feeling bad about himself, eyes wide.
    “Kimiko...I'm sorry...I didn't trust you. Now I've hurt you”
    Between her sobs she seems to become determined, raising her face to look at him
    “I understand if.....you don't want me to do this....but I'm not going to stop reaching for it all....nor am I going to become evil! I will learn all jutsu- while still remaining a good person! Thats a promise!”
    A part of Jirou wonders if that promise was even possible to keep. Could anyone remain good in such a greedy ambitious quest- and if they succeed, could anyone handle being so powerful when its over, resist the temptation of such power? But he had to trust her. Had to have faith that what he will do will be for the better, or there was no hope. Faith that emotions cannot truly be suppressed, that friendship can reach across boundaries and that a little girl can have a dream without resorting to evil means to achieve it. They break the hug and Jirou says
    "Good. I'll hold you to that."

Enter: Mubona Inazuma
    It has a been a few days since the last incident of sorts. Team 3 is still taking D-Rank missions, but after the first couple they have been settling into more boring, unexciting ones that are just walking dogs, or doing this chore or that chore. Which is the D-Ranks purpose. To settle the Genin into a ninjas life on a small scale, build team coordination in a safe setting, earn some money for themselves and the village, those sorts of reasons. Most days are just some combination of training and D-ranks at certain hours and you can already tell that this will get tedious after a while. With some justifying from Kimiko and Jirou that the camping and genjutsu was all apart of Kimiko's training, the request goes through, though Mitsuko narrows her eyes whenever she sees Usagi and the rest of her clan treats them both with stiff formality...except Jirou for obvious reasons and Uncle Musumu who seems to be regarded as the Ishikawa's crazy uncle with lots of war stories. Though Jirou seems to be going off and doing this or that much more often.

But one morning, when your meeting up with Odayama-sensei? You hear a voice coming in from the distance yelling in a cheerful tone:
    "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"
    A Chuunin with an unplugged electric guitar come skidding in, kicking up dust in his stylish entrance. He has big brown dreadlocks for hair, small round sunglasses over his eyes and a big smile on his face, which he shows off while he poses in front of you then rights himself into a stand position while playing a single strum on his electric guitar- a little spark of lightning chakra is channeled through his hand and it produces a sound as if it was actually powered.
    "I, your Eternal Rival, Mubona Inazuma, Otogakure's Blazing Song, has come to you with a most PASSIONATE idea! I have been thinking how these passionate youths may help express their passion AND improve their most fiery teamwork! But then, an idea like a bolt from the blue! I was thinking, to familiarize with other teams and get the genin used to not just working in their own squad but with OTHER squads as well by having them cooperate on a mission or engaging in training most PASSIONATE! Sure this would benefit both our cute little genin and stoke the fires of their passion to great heights never before, so that their songs may spread across all the world! As well as get them to used to working within the wider force of our passionate village!"
    You can see Team 2 running to catch up in the distance while Mubona smiles unfailingly at Odayama hoping to see what he thinks of this idea. Kimiko doesn't know what to make of this one while Yuyuyu just....smiles and nods, pretending to not be freaked out by someone this....flamboyant.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-12-24 at 11:13 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi is thankful.
    'Yes! Please! Anything! I can't stand another search for a lost cog!' Usagi nod passionatly
    Odayama face palm.
    'Come on, you are too old to speak like that. It's jarring.'
    He look at Mubona and then at his group.
    "I'll ask my genins." He look at them
    "I guess, interacting with other ninjas beside our small circle, is something beneficial... but we don't have to, if we don't want to.' Odayama seems to struggle not to a cringe face.
    Usagi"Please Sensei! Anything will be better then what ever you had in mind!"
    Odayama sigh."Rude. But acceptable opinion. Yuyuyu? Kimiko?"

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Team 2: Introduction
    Yuyuyu says
    "Being better connected to the rest of our village is always a good plan."
    Kimiko replies.
    "Genin teams are broken up when we reach Chuunin and we are expected to work with any ninja we're assigned to regardless. It is best we know them to smooth things down the road."
    They say both nodding.
    "YOSH! Quite the passionate response from Usagi! Allow me to introduce you to Team 2..."
    Yuyuyu says
    "But they're our fellow students from-"
    She is cut off as Mubona just goes ahead as if she isn't speaking at they arrive:
    "Behold! Miho Kaguya! This years Kaguya taijutsu specialist! She is already a powerhouse in her field, having B-rank taijutsu- and no need for ninjutsu!"
    She wears a sleeveless shirt with holes seemingly cut into it intentionally, with short white hair light green eyes, red dots instead of eyebrows, arms shown to the world and she waves at her classmates in a relaxed manner.
    "Hey, hows it going? I'm doing well myself"
    "Next we have- Naneko Masuku! The young genius of the Masuku Clan, but unfortunately her brilliance is only matched by her stoicism and keeping to her clan's ways, the most dispassionate person ever!"
    This girl looks like a miniature Anbu without the white mask: Her hair is black and also short, she wears a black mask to cover her lower face, her gear looks a bit like armor, and she gazes out at the world with empty eyes, not saying a word as she assesses you three. Her movements are stiff yet efficient, her presence is unsettling and makes everyone look lifelike by comparison.
    Mubona then makes a dramatic pose to show off his last genin.
    "And finally we have- KAZUUOOOO TANAKAAAAAAA!! FUTURE HERO OF OTOGAKURE!"
    This boy looks completely normal: normal black hair, grey jacket with hood, black pants with sandals, there is very little making him stand out other than the fact he has a sound headband on his head and two Sound-made gauntlets that in another universe were used by Dosu, and is a common weapon among the clanless of Otogakure in this one. he nervously says
    "....Hi.....eheheheh..."
    Kazuo is inwardly freaking out. Why did he get stuck with the creepy Masuku girl? Why are they working with the crazy Usagi and Ishikawa girls? Why was his sensei insane? He knew deep down, he was a coward. But he knew it was too late to back out now.
    Stupid six year old self thought that jutsu was cool and wanted to learn some but didn't know what he had been signing up for. But he just had to survive genin then he can just be one of those normal Chuunin who does ordinary stuff like Odayama and doesn't have to go on crazy adventures or stupidly high risk missions or anything. Just chilling in the village with like some civilian girl he can impress with some flashy jutsu he learns while pretending to know what he is talking about settling down with her and a good income, thats his dream.
    Of course somehow, he keeps getting into accidents and situations that just make people think he is more heroic than he actually is. His luck is messed up like that.

"YOSH! Now those are out of the way...My idea is this:"
    Mubona says with a fiery smile, and begins strumming on his guitar faster and faster as she rants about his idea.
    "My first idea was that our teams would fight in a glorious team combat scenario that simulates a mission they might do later down the line! However there is a mission that we can cooperate upon: recently due to an accident with escorting a mail man through the village's mine fields his horse accidentally stepped on a mine and got injured! What a poor creature! Now his cart full of delivered packages and letters is at the villages gate, but he has no horse to pull the cart and thus the packages, and my idea is that the genin could deliver the mail instead! This would teach coordination between all six genin, protection of valuable goods while traveling to different locations, as ninja often must passionately transport valuables! The mail is one of our most important methods of communication! you might be tasked to guard high-ranking letters with your life, perhaps even to the Otokage himself! Such letters could be the difference between life or death, victory or defeat!"
    then fixes them with a fiery stare while pointing at the Genin.
    "And of course the most important thing of all: you must. Never. EVER. Look at the contents of the letter yourself! You are a ninja and the deliverer's job is not to know what they're delivering but like a professional, make sure it gets there safe to its recipient! The contents- are NONE of your business!! To open such letters- IS TO FAIL THE MISSION! Also the letters could have seal traps in them, leave letter assassination prevention to the ANBU kids!"
    He states dramatically and plays another riff on his electric guitar.
    "Of course, I would love for our teams to spar anyways after the mission is over to see their strengths and weaknesses, and how they can hone their skills!"
    "Sounds good to me."
    "It will prove our trustworthiness, and the offer of a spar afterwards..."
    Kimiko replies, liking the idea.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Odayama at first cringe at Mubona's antic. Sometimes e has acted as if they were characters in a manga. He doubted people will like such a grimdark setting. But what evers.
    His offer, though sounded actually good.
    Usagi smiled. "Oh! I wanted to train in the minefields for a while!"
    Odayama nod. "Well, it is an actual idea. You have surprized me." He pause
    "How much hands on, we Senseis should be?'

-------

At the radio station

Maintaining the radio station is a chore.
    Beside learning tons of tech guides, maintaing the place is a greasy work. Very few people worked here, Nozojo more or less maintained it on his own most of the time. Not very exciting trainings, no summonings of animal kings, nor jutsu which make building go boom.
    But,Nozojo said again and again, that the radio station is the source for his power.
    "Not bad, kid. But you screwed the wrong thing on the other wrong thing. But never mind. It is time for your first test. Get up. We are going to drink a special tea for this."

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Jirou
    "I understand. This will be improved upon.
    He takes a sip, bearing the taste with his usual stoicism.
    "What is the test then?"
    He was glad he dropped off his letter in the morning.

Letter Delivery Mission:
    Mubona wasn't being grimdark, he was just impressing the importance of civilization and proper communication onto the generation down to them and encouraging them to think of the good of the village in a passionate way. Not reading letters, and delivering them safely is ordinary mailmen work. the thing about letter assassination at the end was like a half-joke. Like this was all for the genin safety in more ways than just physical: being professional will help them down the line. He is just trying to get them pumped up to someday do something as important as deliver a message to the Otokage or something because while it seems like a little thing, its actually pretty important for a lot of communication. This sort of things keeps the village functioning.
    Mubona says
    "Minefield!?" he plays another rift on his guitar "While I admire your PASSION! Young Usagi, the minefield is generally not to be used as training! Mostly because the more mines we use up in training, the less we'll have to defend ourselves and more we have to replace afterwards which costs the most un-passionate of things....money. And! makes us have to deal with another unpassionate thing the dreaded enemy of all ninja.....Paperwork. And! is mostly only useful for dodge and bomb disarming training anyways, so not fit for full PASSIONATE SPARRING!!!"
    "But wait I wield paper-"
    "Not that kind of paperwork! But yours is terrifying to, young Kimiko!! No I speak of....bureaucratic paperwork." He speaks the words with supreme dread.
    "Oh right unfun paperwork. Yeah, most ninja aren't good bureaucrats. I actually read that many ninja get promoted beyond their competence level due to war and death and find their field skills don't translate to administrative work, thus producing a culture of ninja hating bureaucracy. Some analysis book Jirou gave me, actually really interesting, penned by a civilian apparently."
    "Anyways! TO THE CART!"

Soon they make their way to the mail cart full of various packages and some letters, just outside the bird tower where a letter from somewhere distant arrives by bird on occasion.
    "Alright! This mail needs to be sorted and delivered! Not our problem, eh Odayama!? Remember, whether wind, snow or rain, the mail ninja always delivers! PASSIOOOOOOONN!!!!!" He runs off screaming into the distance. The mailman looks at them and says
    "ah, your genin thats come to help? Good could use all the help I can get. Better start sorting this through all this so you know which mail goes to which neighborhoods, deliver them more efficiently."
    They nod and begin leafing through the letters and packages and sort them around, giving them some time to talk.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Odayama pick a small note from his pocket and sigh.
    he smile. "Wait, where are you going?' he looked puzzled.
    Odayama shrug. "Well, good luck girls. I got to do shoppings." And walk off ranting.
    "Kami.. woman, I don't mind the fur at all, but the shampoo is pricey..."
    Usagi cringe at that, and shake her head to shake off the images.
    Usagi is quite helpful- she ventured around the village quite a lot, and slept anywhere she found fit to rest her head on, or where she collapsed from exaustion.
    "Heh, I am curiouse, what people can write about? Sound silly to me.' She look at Kazuoo.
    "So... a hero eh? Has your team killed a missing nin yet?' With a tone of challenge.
    -----

The tea taste worse then usual.
    "Well, before anything, I most inform you, you just have been poisoned.' Nozojo explain calmly, drinking from the same team.
    "And it is not a theroitical threat to motivate you. It's very rational. You see... at this point, you already seend learned things, other villages would pay a lot to learn, and Konoha would torture and kill for. If you fail to learn my craft, you are a useless man with a dangerouse intel. The poison will kill you in few month, though and it will all look very natural. It can't be traced in your blood either. I have an antidote, and only if you pass the test, I will give it to you. Are we clear?'
    Nozojo doesn't look crazier then usual.
    "Good, good. Well, in five minutes it's time for the Love Sensei show. Tonight you are the Love Sensei"

Love Sensei is a weekly radio show, popular with teens and young adults mostly, where the Ottokage interview a mysteriouse "love expert' who answer letters and in the conclusion of the show give a speech which include tips, personal anecdotes from his/her personal life, and general thoughts about love life.
    Part of the fun, is that the Love Sensei's voice is only 50% blurred, and if the fans can figure who is last week's Love Sensei they get a new radio and music tape cassets.
    Does Jirou has the background to be a succesful Love Sensei?
    Is Nozojo trolling him? Or is he exposing his dark side?

------
    My previouse Avater