New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto SoundITP IC 1: A Melancholy Song of Hope To Come

(OOC: I'm gonna be fair, I kinda led Usagi to this, so I'm not going to enforce consequences for her if your not.)

Love Sensei: Regain Composure
    As the letter is handed off and Usagi leaves while the Chuunin stand around bewildered and just...kinda let you leave since the Otokage doesn't order them to do anything in particular and just awkwardly go back to whatever they're doing. Jirou of course regains composure and reads and answers the letter aloud in his "Love Sensei" tone and speaking once more then answers it, its nothing special or particularly standout. So of course he has to resume the interview, but this time, he is berating himself for making that voice slip up, and of course, Usagi seeing him here. If she goes back to Kimiko and tells her this who knows what she might think? At least Usagi didn't say his name out loud. His identity was still safe and he still doubted that Kimiko was listening to something like this, and its always possible that he could fool people into thinking he was one of the chuunin standing guard or something while the love sensei was someone different.
    "As I was saying my Otokage, getting back to the earlier topic, I would say the strongest love I ever felt was filial, the love of a brother towards a younger sibling. The love of willing to sacrifice for their happiness, no matter what, because I know how hard it can be, and I want them to grow beyond what I've had to endure. The love I'd say, that one feels for all of the younger generation, and a willingness to make sure they become greater than we can ever imagine. A love that is willing to see what unknowns they traverse....and what great things are born from it. For nothing is achieved if they don't go forth to do so, no matter how dangerous it is."
    His gaze is steady as he stares the Otokage, there is a steel in those eyes. A quiet, but stubborn steel that has endured someone ordering him to fit their image before and knows how to get what he wants despite his loyalty and obedience.

Kimiko:
    Is of course now intently listening in. This doesn't make sense to her, and she needs all the information she can get. Yuyuyu is walking back and stops before Kimiko
    "Kimiko what you doi-"
    "Sshh. Listening."

Usagi:
    You and Team 2 are heading back and will converge on say the training ground, and how long until Kimiko gets back is dependent on how long the love sensei show is going to take, what they talk about and how insistent Yuyuyu is going to get.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Nozojo nod.
    "Poetic. I respect that" try to play cool, and just... let the incident be for now.

He will have a long conversation with Odayama afterward.
    And the chunins.
    Excitable Genins is an issue, but his guards can't be this helpless.
    Maybe it good thing it happend by Usagi, and not HIM.
    HE. Wouldn't just leave an akward letter.

"So. Now it is your turn.'
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #213
    Colossus in the Playground

Senko: Philosophise While Frustrated

The treatise on Ice release, while useful in its own way, was sadly another example of a recurring obstacle in her research: The clans and their horrific habit of jealously guarding the secrets of their advanced genetic capabilities.

It was so terribly unscientific. Advancement as a society was only possible as humanity gained a greater awareness of itself, the world around it, and how they interacted. Chakra in all of its myriad forms and the advanced genetic factors that resulted in the ability to see the unseen, combine the five basic elements into greater more potent and esoteric forms of chakra release were almost unprecidented means by which an individual could observe an aspect of the spiritual and metaphysical aspects of reality.

But the clans' almost suicidal secrecy and hoarding of power for themselves prevented the chance to make such examinations: Senko should not have to do everything herself when it comes to this research. She should be standing upon the soldiers of giants, but it seems that the only scientific observations about the majority of advanced bloodlines and even basic applications of chakra were hoarded by those who made them and, it seemed, were limited to untested hunches and methods of killing others.

It was almost as if the Clans and the scientists of individual villages wanted society to stagnate, to become limited to a handful of families who lived in relative luxury while everyone else suffered under a war-economy instead of a world where all men prospered and lived as Gods, both harmoniously one with Nature and its Master. But no, nobody could possibly be that selfish and evil.

It was getting to the point that she feared she'd have to go out into the field herself and take samples for study. She just hoped she wouldn't have to kill someone just for a chance to study their body. Slaying a villain and then profiting from the death was one thing, but to assassinate, say, an Uchiha solely to remove their eyes for study or direct their brain to see how it differed from that of a non-Uchiha would be no better than common homicide.

For the greater good, scientific progress and all that, but Senko will not lie to herself: All of her interest in these fields is as much for her own benefit, to augment herself into a form better able to use Chakra and her Sage Transformations, as it was for the benefit of others.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Jirou:
    Hm, what question to ask?
    "Very well, my Otokage....remember the second to last letter, if both men in it were horrible, how would answer it?"
    He says posing a tough serve back. He can't afford to play soft with a leader of a village. and he already knows what answer he'd get if he posed the same question back at him, it'd be pointless.

Kimiko:
    Lets just say that she listens to the broadcast however long it goes on and gets back to the rest of the group with Yuyuyu to meet up Usagi and all of team 2 on the training ground. If there is no socializing Usagi is interested in doing with Team 2, Mubona is going to show up and say
    "Hey! I see your all finished! NOW! I say we must SPAR! Spar with the PASSION OF YOUTH!"
    He strums his electric guitar
    "How would like to spar young ones!? we can either do it in teams or in one on one sparring."
    "I want one on one." says Naneko glaring at Kimiko
    "Me too." she says glaring back, both girls suspecting things beyond the gaze.
    "Yeah but team sparring would build team cohesion better."
    "I'd be up for team sparring!"
    Kazuo says, knowing there would be more distractions to used so he can run away. He knew Miho's strength.
    "I'd be okay with either." Miho says
    They turn to Usagi to break the tie.

5. - Top - End - #215

Senko: Develop a reason to leave the House

Senko had been about to add the theories about Ice Release to a list of theories about other inherited Elemental Releases when she was interrupted by a pang of hunger.

That couldn't be right, she'd just eaten... She checked a clock. And then she blinked. It'd been over twenty-four hours since she'd eaten anything. No problem, there's no reason she can't take ten minutes to eat something and then get back to research.

Except when she checked her kitchen, she found a nearly empty refrigerator and bare pantries.

"...When was the last time I bought groceries?"

Maybe her superiors at the ninja research laboratory had a point about her working too much.

No matter. She was paid decently well for her lab hours and lived spartanly. She could easily afford to buy a few days worth of groceries and...

Another pang of hunger had her decide to grab a bit of extra cash and stop at a noodle stand before heading to the market place. Never sho hungry was an adage for a reason, and the stand did have a very good teriyaki-vegetable ramen that was quite reasonably priced.

(Don't feel obligated to do anything with this, I'm just posting to post.)

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Otokage
    "Heh. From all questions... alright." Nozojo say.
    "Well. We don't have all the background details, but first, I would suggest her to talk to her parents. Most parents wouldn't want their child to *suffer*. But if you are pressing me... well. If shs care, then she would hev to live with that, and if not. Well. She can decide otherwise. There are ain't perfect soluations. Sometimes, we are just managing losses.'
    ---
    Usagi cringe in indecision.
    "Mmmm... one on ones are cool..." she think
    Her pride... she wanted to prove she is as good as any other ninja.
    But... their battle with Futility-San was... bad. They stepped on each other's toes all the time.
    Next time, a smarter enemy might capitalize on that.
    "Let's do teams. It is more similiar on how we operate on missions anyway.'

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Love Sensei
    "....A somber answer, Otokage. Next question for me then?"
    He says, knowing that talking to the parents wasn't an option for Kimiko- which explains why he didn't think of it. His own situation biased him. At the same time, he had to remember why he was doing this. He'd gladly be the world's greatest hypocrite and hold two contradictory ideas in his head if it meant Kimiko would be free to grow as she pleased.

Team 3 Vs. Team 2: Fight!
    Mubona will shout passionately
    "Very well! Team fight is.....CHOSEN!! I will be the referee! and musical accompaniment!"
    He leaps away to land upon a conveniently placed rock, and takes out his electric guitar, gives you a moment to get into positions to get ready, then will yell
    "GO!"
    While playing a song of fighting dreamers. Your not sure how he is playing it with only that instrument, but its probably some genjutsu he figured out.

At the same instant, Kazuo runs right into the trees like a coward good ninja to hide and probably plant traps and who knows what else.

Then as soon the music starts up, it stops as Naneko forms a bunch of hand seals and says
    "Silence Jutsu."
    because now you hear NOTHING. Not even your own voice or the footsteps you make on the ground. Yuyuyu tries to use kai to release it as if it was a genjutsu but it doesn't work and while she is doing that she is distracted from Miho suddenly forming white bone gauntlets on her hands then speeds forward incredibly fast to punch Yuyuyu right in the jaw to send her flying into a tree and knocking her out instantly, unable to get a defense up in time against Miho's superior speed and strength and the silence jutsu making her anyone unable to shout a warning.

Kimiko reacts and jumps away up into a tree seeing this and drawing her blade to stay away from the monstrous taijutsu user then turns her attention towards Naneko, while noticing she can hear again. There was a range of effect to this? The situation just turned south fast, Team 2 clearly has a strategy they have already worked out to fight people with and had executed the opening moves perfectly, even if the numbers were even without Kazuo here. Kimiko therefore leaps forward to go after Naneko to stop her silence, while Kaguya begins to turn towards Usagi, seeing her as the next most vulnerable and weak target after Yuyuyu- and Usagi saw how quickly she closed the distance between them. This girl's taijutsu is insane by genin standards, and Miho was the most obviously dangerous one of Team 2. There is no doubt that if she gets close, Usagi's done.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Nozojo nodded.
    "If a man sacrafice others for the sake of his love. Is he selfish, or altruistic?"
    -----

Usagi internly regreted choosing team battle.
    But no time to whine.
    On Yojimbo's back she run away, shooting arrows to slow Miho's down, trying to lead her between the trees.

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Love Sensei:
    Jirou says
    "My Otokage, one could spend all day waxing philosophic about whether an action makes one altruistic or selfish and get nowhere! Such labels are the result of viewpoint and perception, like it or not they are created to fit our preference for how we view the world. A person thus inherently thinks of themselves as selfless and altruistic if they aren't beating themselves up, and others they don't like as selfish. There are multiple forms of love and multiple forms of sacrifice. Who am I to say one form of sacrifice for which form of love is better than another? Who am I to judge? After all, it is the shinobi's lot that we all sacrifice, and what is "duty" and what is "love" becomes blurred and hard to make out. We are all people existing regardless of what people think of us and only changing in response to their perception because how it affects our own. I'd wager there is many answers to this question as there are people in the world."
    He wasn't entirely sure about himself honestly. He could see his own sacrifices for family and his village as both selfless and selfish. There was no such thing as pure intentions, and he did not particularly care if there wasn't.
    "If you want a hard stance from me however: Questions of altruism and selfishness have nothing to do with the emotions behind them. Physically speaking, an action is altruistic if it serves the good of people of greater number than yourself and an action is selfish if it serves yourself. but then again I guess an action that serves both you and other people is both altruistic and selfish, so in conclusion I'd say such sacrifice done out of love for another is both-for the other benefits, and you are happy to see them benefit and thus you benefit as well."

Team 3 Vs. Team 2
    Kimiko thrust her paper blade at Naneko, the sword extending out with each stab at her, Naneko dodging side to side to keep ahead of the blade. Seeing as Kimiko has the ranged advantage, Naneko leaps back and rapidly forms more hand signs and says
    "Blind Genjutsu."
    Suddenly Kimiko's visions turn completely black. As if someone shut off her eyesight. She quick with a "release!" and burst of will and chakra regains sight in time for Naneko to tackle her to the ground and try to pin and the struggle against each other, rolling around as they do so.
    "What are you up to!?"
    "This again? I look I agree something is going on, but I think its with my brother? I think we both know that know too little, but if we want to know more, we need to investigate before jumping to conclusions! Its best done together."
    "...Your right. Proper gathering of information to, is the way of the shinobi."
    They break free from trying to grapple each other and jump away, each to assess the other. Kimiko knows however she can't let her blind her again, if Naneko succeeds in pinning her or other form of incapacitating her, it might as well be Team 2's victory.

Miho as she stays in hot pursuit of Usagi crosses her arms in front of her to block the arrows in a boxing guard pose with her bone gauntlets, deflecting them as she runs to keep up as you head into the trees and out of the silence zone. As you do so, the trees become thicker and thicker, and it becomes harder to maneuver for both of you, and if you make sure to go between trees its harder for her to keep up, as she isn't strong enough to break through trees with her strength so she has to change direction and deal with the branches around her, even if you do to. You are now amid a forest making movement more difficult and full of trees to exploit and Miho is trying to take potshots at you with
    "Dance of the Cactus: Spike Shots!"
    Every once in a while, firing conical bursts of bone shards out of her arms in your general direction- they're not sharp or flesh-penetrating but they can bruise and hurt all the same. What do you do?

10. - Top - End - #220

Senko: Put Away Groceries

Senko has returned from the market and is now putting away a few days worth of easily prepared meals.

And thinking... she may, in fact, have hit the limits of what she can learn from reading notes and dissecting the occasional cadaver...

She had been throwing herself into her research to a greater and greater degree for lesser and lesser results.

Once the supplies for the next few days were put away, Senko left her apartment and started heading for the village's training grounds. Either there will be an area free and she would be able to get some fresh air and take a moment to reacquaint herself with nature, or if every area was occupied she might be able to convince a few colleagues to let her observe their training. Maybe seeing chakra being used "in the field" might allow her to gain some missing insight.

(Since you've established that the sparring and the Love Sensei thing aren't happening concurrently, would it be okay to rule that Senko's lunch and short trip to the market take place during the broadcast? If yes, Senko can be soft introduced to the rest of the team, and to the other team, via her either observing or being dragged into their exercises. Otherwise, I can do a post or two of her taking a moment to center herself and or venting some excess chakra.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Earlier: Senko, Meet Kimiko At least Already
    At some Senko walks by Yuyuyu and Kimiko listening to some radio, Kimiko being more focused than Yuyuyu.
    "Oh hey Senko! How ya doing?"
    Kimiko isn't entirely distracted from the radio, but she turns her head, always keeping one ear on it just to listen.
    "Oh, a friend of yours, Yuyuyu?"
    "Just this genin I delivered mail to earlier. Real nerdy like you."
    "Really? They're interested in how chakra works as well?"
    "Basically yeah....your usually more excited by that. Also why are you listening to this stupid radio show for hopeless romantics again? I know you too well to ever actually like this sort of thing.,"
    "Yeah. Sorry. This isn't a normal day for me. It might just...have clues for something I have my suspicions about, nothing concrete. Anyways, Senko right? I'm Kimiko Ishikawa, Genius Heiress of the Ishikawa Clan, and your looking at someone who is both the top of her class and dealt the killing blow to a dangerous missing nin on her first day, someone who will one day acquire all jutsu and unlock secrets of chakra like never before."
    She says boasting, taking clear pride in her accomplishments. Even on a day like this, she still can't resist bragging. She has the same name as the sister Jirou mentions sometimes.
    "Whats your deal? Never seen you around before."
    Yuyuyu will whisper to Senko
    "I'm sorry, she is just like this, but normally more so."

12. - Top - End - #222

"You are aware of the 'special' Jonin designation, given to shinobi who are not technically qualified to be Jonin as they lack the well rounded, general skill set it requires but are more than sufficiently skilled to take on the responsibilities due to their extreme specialization? For legal reasons, I was awarded a genin rank on similar logic: I have no formal shinobi training and a... disability is the wrong word, that makes genjutsu impossible and ninjutsu useless, but a significant level of skill at martial arts, a 'Kekkei Genkai,' though I dislike the term, that renders my physical abilities greater than one would expect for one of my age, a prodigious intellect, and enough academic knowledge within the fields of biology and chakra composition with a specific specialty in how they overlap to qualify as an expert in those fields. I am technically on-call for the same missions that a genin of my age and experience level, though I am unlikely to be called on a mission I did not volunteer for unless there is a labor shortage that ninja have to step in to compensate for or an otherwise greater than normal demand, but I primarily work in the research laboratory assisting the other Ninja Researchers with my knowledge."

"You are Kimiko Ishikawa? I have worked with your brother on occasion, though I am not at liberty to speak about what exactly."

"In other words, unlocking the secrets of chakra is what I do for a living. More specifically, my personal research is under the underlying mechanisms of the inherent genetic advantages some families and individuals possess in the manipulation of chakra and how different forms of chakra influence physiological developments. Or, in short, I study Kekkei Genkai, Kekkei Tota, and certain subclassifications fo Hidden Techniques as well as phenomena like the healing factors possessed by certain members of the Senju Clan or the Uzumaki Clan's unusual longevity... Though outside of my own nameless clan's abilities... Well, I do not think I need to explain clan politics and the attendant system of secrecy to a clan heir."

"I am more than sure that you can comprehend how absolutely frustrating it makes my work."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-03-28 at 09:17 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Earlier, Kimiko:
    A strange kind of hope suddenly alights in Kimiko's eyes. One that says Finally. Someone who understands.
    "I know right? I have struggled with the problem of figuring out how to gain all jutsu when some of are either hiden, locked behind bloodline or are just another nation's forbidden jutsu! The more I think about it, the more it seems the entire system of shinobi nations seems designed against knowledge. Just think: we don't even know what research other shinobi villages are carrying out! What the benefits would be if the knowledge was pooled! Even my own family which has stolen jutsu for generations lacks the knowledge they had after they fled from Kiri.

Or for another example: we have medical nin to heal broken bones and treat ninjas for their most severe injuries, yet we lack the knowledge to treat a single normal boys deafness! I of course have my own plans to acquire all this knowledge but ah...I think you'll understand if I'd rather keep them private."

Yuyuyu rolls her eyes
    "what you going to go chasing after fairy tale nonsense like the Rinnegan?"
    "Hey! People with Dojutsu have been known to have a higher mastery of chakra control and have been known to come up with tricks with chakra that no one else has faster! Something like the Rinnegan could be possible!"
    "Thats what you said about those legends of the Sharingan doing ridiculous things like making tailed beasts sized constructs made of chakra from nowhere, or killing people with black fire when fire emits light, or that one stupid legend about it being able to turn the user into an illusion to avoid an attack- of course its avoided, illusions aren't real so the persons already dead!"
    "Look I told you before about my theory of dojutsu's true power is the ability to actually see chakra so that one can actually figuring out how to mold it unlike the rest of us who need to fumble around in trial and error, they have a higher understanding we will never get unless we find a way to see it to!"
    "Or maybe you should buying into nonsense that the Uchiha clan themselves probably put out to convince people they're so strong! The moon isn't a freaking tailed beast corpse, its a bunch of rock formed from gravitational forces. and again: where would you get the high amounts of chakra to do things like these myths claim?
    "I don't know, but I'm not going to find out if I don't search, Yuyuyu. Dismiss such things out of hand, and you've already given up! Right Senko?"
    "Okay but don't come crying to me when it all turns out to be exaggerated tales conjured by some ancient priest who spent too much time indoors with a mastery of genjutsu and Uchiha being their own hype men."

14. - Top - End - #224

"Actually, there are in fact confirmable records of certain Dojutsu granting abilities that are unrelated to vision: There are two separate clans that possess eyes that grant an instinctual ability to use Genjutsu, one of which also somehow allows for the manipulation of blood."

"There are also records that suggest that Uchiha Madara possessed some ability to control, at the very least, the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox and possessed some ability to clad it in armor. While it is possible that the handful of Eye-witnesses was exaggerating, or perhaps that Madara was a Jinchuriki himself in secret and observers were confused, it is distinctly possible that the Sharingan has some abilities beyond what is commonly known. Presumably, only rumor and legend exist becuase those abilities are kept secret as a hidden technique."

"Furthermore, Black Fire is known to exist. It is an incredibly rare skill, but it is classified as 'blaze release' and is supposedly the very concept of destruction by fire manifested in tangible form as the hight of fire release. As the Uchiha clan are widely known to consist predominantly of Fire Natured Shinobi, combined with their inherent advantage in learning Ninjutsu, it is entirely possible that one or more of them has access to blaze release which may or may not be connected to some hidden ability within their dojutsu."

"Now, I doubt that the Rinnegan itself exists, but one must take into account what the legends say about the Sage of the Six Paths: That he was a Jinchuriki and that he was a Sage."

"The tailed-beasts are self-sustaining masses of nigh-infinite and rapidly replenishing chakra. Even the weakest of them is more powerful than even the most talented of ordinary humans can help to be, with only very, very rare exceptions being able to reach their level of power by natural means. Each one of them furthermore possesses at least one Chakra nature that does not occur outside of themselves and their Jinchuriki or some other unique ability. While the idea that the Sage held the primordial beast from which the others were split apart from is unsubstantiated, holding one or more of the beasts within him and mastering their power would have supplied him with a massive and inexhaustible supply of energy and unique attributes"

"Furthermore, the Sage Arts which are dependant on drawing in natural energy and combining it with your chakra to produce a more potent and versatile form of chakra than most people possess. Techniques performed with the Sage Arts can do things that that cannot be done with ordinary chakra."

Senko holds up her arm and allows the leave to fall back to the elbow. With flashes of red that flow down from the joint down to the fingers which clears to show a pattern of black diamonds of various sizes.

"For example: Using Senjutsu Chakra I am able to strengthen my body or its individual members to levels comparable to, or even exceeding, the condition of a trained shinobi. Enough that a martial art that is primarily meditative in function becomes a viable option in real combat. A little more..."

The entire arm turns black

"And my flesh becomes harder than diamond and stronger than tempered steel. Using ordinary chakra, such modifications are the result of highly specialized and difficult to learn hidden techniques or else permanent modifications done using chakra based drugs and surgeries or exotic kinjutsu, but it is a rather basic application of senjutsu to induce or revert those changes. At least for my clan, it is a function of instinct, though I admit that my 'Kekkei Genkai' does give me an advantage in that regard."

Senko's arm reverts to normal.

"Hypothetically, if one could combine the chakra of the One-Tails, which possesses a form of Magnet Release conducive to the creation of Fuinjutsu and Juinjustsu, with Natural Energy, one could create a senjutsu chakra that could, in a large enough quantity, say, summon dust and stone from the earth or from space itself and combine them into a prison in which a massive creature could be sealed."

"The idea that the Moon is an artificial prison created to house the corpse of a supposed Ten-Tails is ludicrous, but every individual aspect of the Legend of the Sage of the Six Paths is plausible. If such a being existed, he would most likely have had a reasonable approximation of the Bloodlines or other unique genetic abilities of the combination of the families that allege to be his descendants and a degree of skill in senjutsu combined with the power of one of the tailed-beasts."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-03-30 at 06:20 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Love Sensei:

Nozojo smiled.
    "Well said.' And flicked from his fingers a pill at Jirou.
    "your turn, and I think I'll close the show with the answer for your last question.'

Team 2 Vs Team 3

A sike scratch Usagi's cheek.
    and some hit Yojimbo. Usagi smiled.
    "You can go.'
    Yojimbo nodded.
    He dissapeared, as Usagi jumped to a branch, and summoned the Watership Squad.
    "Usagi-san? We are miners, not-'

"Just jump around!" the bunnies jumped and spread, clumsy and noisy.
    Usagi hope confuse Miho, and send barrage of arrows with thunder arrows around her, to expand the disorientation.

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Love Sensei:
    He thinks. This question could be important and worth the answer, as long he words it correctly.
    "Very well.....An Otokage's love...is said to be for their village above all. Out of the love you hold for this one, what future would you like to see for the Sound Village?"
    He asks, knowing the importance of it.

Team 3 Vs Team 2
    She looks around confused then sees the arrows, turning her bone gauntlets into shields to protect her form them, thinking they're meant to pierce, but instead emit loud piercing bangs as they hit the ground around making her cover her ears as a reaction.

Meanwhile Kimiko and Naneko are still staring each other, down assessing each other to get at their next move. Naneko tries to go for another Blind Genjutsu but Kimiko whips at her with her paper blade to interrupt it. Naneko narrows her eyes, so thats Kimiko's new strategy then? just wait for her to focus on her jutsu then interrupt with her much faster swordplay? Naneko knew that Kimiko has too much range with the Origami-No-Tsurugi, so she throws shuriken at her to make Kimiko block them while Naneko rushes forward, draw her ninjato to fight Kimiko blade to blade at close range, the duel becoming a flurry of sword play as they sought weaknesses in each others defenses- But Kimiko had plans for when people tried this. Her paper blade was infinitely flexible after all, and she used her chakra in an instant to change from an inflexible blade to a flexible paper whip to grab the ninjato on its blade and rip it straight from Naneko's hand and throw it off to the side, Naneko distracted and disarmed, then gets knocked out by Kimiko's left hand chopping the back of her neck.
    "Nice try, but I already planned for that."
    Wide shark smile, Two finger V-victory sign. KO! Pragmatic finish.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Love Sensei

Nozojo smile.
    'I am glad, that you have asked. I am so busy with the small, things, that it rare for me to address my big vision.' he pause.
    "Odokuro-Sama, the first Ottokage, had a small hope. To be heard. To let all the broken people to heard before they die. But he has succeded, beyond his wildest hopes. Things were terrible, but we have outlived it.' He pause. "Back then, I was merely a technician, I have crafted radios to everyone, from scraps, and brought them hope and promises for a future. I wish Ottokagure, peace, prosperity and happiness.' he said, in what seems as sincerity.
    "Few weeks ago, the first class of Genins, have passed through proving their skills, without a requirement for a bloodshed. I am proud at any single one of them. Of course, I am not naive. To keep peace, we have to be strong and bold. Push forward, beyond what any other village will dare, how ever... I don't want the village to be consumed with hate and bloodlust. I want to see, youth having chance of worrying who to date, I want to see people express their creativity, Shinobis and citizens celebrating our achievements.' Nozojo pause, thinking of a conclusion.
    Who knows? Maybe this is his last time talking to his beloved village.
    "I want to see the Village prospering. Enjoying their lives, without bending the knee to any external force.'

Team 2 Vs Team 3

Usagi adding a battle cry, jumping from the tree, to lock her thighs around Miho's neck, and push her down.

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #228

[A Few Weeks Ago]

Spoiler: Senko's Research Log
    Show
    Experiments in the splicing of 'Kekkei Genkai' into subjects that have not been born with them have so far, had... Mixed results. Out of twenty rats spliced with the genetic factors resulting in my genetic affinity for senjutsu, there were 19 fatalities. The lone survivor of this test shortly mutated into a monstrous form more akin to the hybridization of a bat and a serpent that went on a rampage, escaped its cage, and had to be put down.

However, dissecting the subject has revealed that it did successfully assimilate with my cells and chakra, indicating that the mutations were caused by the same weakness in my advanced bloodline that these experiments are meant, in part, to assist me in developing the ability to control. Meanwhile, dissecting the rats that did not survive the procedure has indicated that in 10 of 20 cases, the rats died from organ failure caused by their immune systems attacking the organs which my cells had taken root in. In the remaining nine cases, my cells became cancerous within the rodent's body.

Genetic tests have been run in the hopes of finding any genetic factors that account for these results that can be controlled for in the future, to improve the success rate.

Tentatively, I'm willing to call the experiment a success, if only a pyrrhic one, as it provides a proof of concept that 'kekkei genkai' can be implanted into someone who does not naturally possess one via transfusion of cells and chakra. Hypothetically, the success rate should be higher in human subjects than in rats due to the far higher genetic similarity between two humans than two species that are several phylogenetic steps away from each other drastically reducing, though I should at least attempt to get the survival rate up to one-in-ten in rats before requesting advancement to human trials. (suggest offering captured bandits and traitors the chance to voluntarily participate in potentially fatal experiments while serving a life sentence instead of a guaranteed execution? See if idea can be run by the Otokage.)

Regardless, copies of the procedure and the lab report from the experiment, along with several samples of my blood and hair, have been given to Jirou Ishikawa due to the potential utility it may possess in hs own research. Whether or not he ends up using my research to further his own is up to him, of course, but I've included an attached document stating my intent to keep him updated on my progress in this experiment.

However, while general application of this procedure is far from ready, it may be the proof of concept that I need to advance in more... Personal matters. Due to my body's unique mutagenic properties, including the ability to absorb chakra and biomass from others and convert it into my own, and my universal recipient blood type should, in theory, allow me to easily adapt to and receive the chakra natures and genetic information from other organisms.

The risk is still great, but in theory I should be able to graft another 'kekkei genkai' or chakra nature to myself and survive, though the experience may not be pleasant.

In order to minimize the risk, I have written up a proposal wherein I graft the cells and chakra of a donor into one of my limbs while a fuinjutsu prevents the traits from spreading past that limb until the seal is removed. Either the procedure will work and the seal can safely be removed or the transplanted cells will be rejected from my body and/or become cancerous, in which case I can use cell regeneration expulsion to purge the infected mass from my body. As I see it, the worst-case scenario is that I suffer for a few days and then go back to my natural height until I can acquire enough biomass to replace the extra foot. (so few people seem to think it iss weird that a ten-year-old is almost a foot taller than most of the villages' thirteen-year-olds)

However, I have delayed in submitting the proposal for approval until such a time that I have made at least some slight improvements in the grafting procedure and have found someone compatible who is willing to donate cells and chakra for the transfusion. While I believe that the risk to myself personally is minimal, there's no such thing as being too cautious when it comes to human experimentation.

Hopefully, success or failure, whatever is learned in the attempt is useful for further research in bloodline grafting for the benefit of others.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

End of Love Sensei:
    Jirou claps and says
    "Well said, well said my Otokage, heres hoping that dream comes true. Nice being on here, it was quite the pleasure. This is the Love Sensei signing off, keep on loving Sound village, keep on loving."
    He will switch the broadcast off.
    "Well then. That happened. While I'm here, Otokage-sama, I might as well go over with you that I wish for Team 3 to be assigned to watch over Senko as a D-rank mission tomorrow. She has been real useful in my research and thanks to her I'm pretty sure that it might only be a few months out from when I feel my seal is safe enough to use on people to start taking volunteers -I'd say hopefully around the time after the next Chuunin Exams-, but she is a growing girl and needs to make friends. She can't remain in her dingy apartment forever."
    Jirou as he says this wonders to himself how he got not one but two nerdy girls with bad social skills but great ambitions to watch over, now that he realizes it. He does privately admit that Senko's research is fascinating if problematic to politically wrangle into being progressed faster. That and Senko does have ethics and morals to her, so she could be a good influence on Kimiko. Just another voice to influence her in the right direction, gradually.

Team 3 Vs Team 2:
    Usagi does get the drop on her and pin her to the ground yes, and normally this might be where a normal taijutsu user would be unable to do anything. Having an entire person the same size as your sitting on your neck while your face down on the ground? Yeah that would basically be defeat for most people. Can't really move all that well from that position, and the pure strength to just lift you off with a pushup....eh probably doable with taijutsu chakra enhancing it at her level, maybe? But that question isn't going to be answered today, because Miho grows a bone tail out of her lower back, grab Usagis arm and yank her to the side to try and pull her off. Its a Kaguya, it makes sense they would have a contingency against being pinned like this.

20. - Top - End - #230

At somepoint today.

Today had been surprisingly pleasant, all things considered. Senko had gotten to meet a few people, gotten to give a few lectures, and even got some exercise.

Idly, she wondered if there was a humane way to test the rumors that the naturally conceived child of a Hyuga and an Uchiha would have a single Byakugan and a single Sharingan when she suddenly got a chill.

She could sense a disturbance in the flow of natural energy, as though her daily routine was about to change drastically and she knew not yet whether it would for better or for worse.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Team 2 Vs Team 3
    Usagi curse herself.
    She should have seen it coming.
    And Usagi sort of did.
    Usagi didn't knew this specifcly will happen, but she has few methods in dealing with a grapple situations.
    Even if basic. She pull her harp bow, trying to entangle the tail, while keep pinning Kaguya girl down.
    "I am happy you show a bit of challenge."
    Meanwhile, she expected the Watership Squad to do their thing.
    ------

The Ottokage nodded. 'Sure. I am respecting the Scienctific Corps, but I am quite anxiouse about those secret super children. It was more the First Ottkage's style, then mine." Nozojo pause.

"I hope your boss won't mind. As for Odayama... he will handle it."

-------

Odayama at home, chasing little cat ninja girls who are wrecking the house.
    "I can't handle this!"

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Jirou
    "Oh don't worry me and Head of Research and Development have an....understanding. Goodbye, Otokage-sama, asa lways its a pleasure to speak with you."
    The nature of which he will not elaborate on. He will depart from the radio tower.

Team 3 Vs. Team 2
    The tail is caught. Foiled!
    "Well this is going to be a bit painful and creepy but..."
    Miho starts grows these bone spikes out of her ribcage. Four them at the front to lift her up like they were legs of a table,while she starts growing smaller spikes all over her shoulders and head and neck to poke at Usagi's legs, making it at least really uncomfortable for her to continue doing the lock and the more they grow, they will harm her. She's clearly groaning as she does this, making bone spikes grow out of your body doesn't seem to be most pleasant thing in the world and you can see how in a real fight that this kind of thing would rapidly become unnerving and horrifying.

Kimiko shows up and asks
    "Hey, you got her, or...? I know you have this thing about taking on strong opponents which I can respect, I already defeated Naneko back there, so if you want my help just say so. That is, if you feel you can't keep up with me."
    She finishes with a shark grin and shrugging her arms as she rival-taunts Usagi to cheer her on.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-04-10 at 12:09 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233

Senko's Research Log

Theory:Routes to "immortality."

Thanatophobia, the fear of death, is as natural as breathing. Biologically, all things that live exist solely to survive long enough to reproduce, and to ensure that at least one offspring lives to do the same. Thus, for beings who possess the intellect and self-awareness to know the fragility of their bodies and that their lifespan is inherently limited—that they will grow old and eventually shut down with the only escape being to be killed by something else first—is innately frightening. It takes a great deal of wisdom and maturity to accept that death is inevitable, and even then I can't think of anyone who wouldn't be happy to have at least a little extra time or to be young and healthy for a little longer.

I will admit that I am, despite my genius intellect and beyond-my-years maturity, not in possession of the wisdom to not fear death. The idea that I could spend a lifetime studying, experimenting, and researching towards some great truth only to just not wake up the next morning after laying down to sleep on the eve of a breakthrough terrifies me. I am not so arrogant as to think that it is possible to live forever, but I do believe that I could, with time, apply my existing area of specialty towards a method of extending one's natural lifespan or else layering multiple "kekkei genkai" with defensive applications to mitigate the risk of unnatural death

Theoretically, it is possible to live indefinitely if one can simply understand the process by which one's cells degrade and undo the effect, however, while one cause of this, telomeric degeneration, is known there is simply no known way to completely account for all diseases and everyday wear and tear and the reasons for the inefficiency of other aspects of cellular division are this time unknown.

So, while it may be possible to extend one's natural lifespan by cellular manipulation, this is no true immortality.

The next best thing then would be to continuously replace body parts as they get worn out: Speculation has been made that it is theoretically possible to replace one's limbs with ones based on Sand Village Puppets and manipulate them using a variation on those techniques, but that only accounts for limbs, not organs: Unless or can isolate the soul and seal it within a puppet that is then animated by some other source of chakra, this will merely postpone becoming physically helpless and, truth be told, as one who is passively in tune with the flow of energy throughout the natural world I find such... Unnatural methods of prolonging one's life to be distasteful.

Transplanting young, healthy organs to replace one's worn out organs would be more effective, and in my unique case I am theoretically capable of using my family's cellular regeneration techniques to replace my worn-out cells with younger ones, but... The brain will eventually begin to shut down or, at the very least, the mind will start to go. The brain, being the seat of intellect, cannot be so easily replaced. Once one starts replacing that which runs the body, can they even be called the same person? Not to mention that, of course, one can't always be certain to have access to young organs or cells.

However, this does not mean that one's life cannot be extended: The Uzumaki clan is known to possess, in addition to usually large reserves of chakra and an affinity to fuinjutsu, an unusual vitality that grants them great stamina, well above average health, the ability to survive things that would kill others, make a full recovering from things that should leave permanent damage, and live for two or three times as long as the average person, even controlling for death by disease or violence. If any Uzumaki still lives, their genes could grant the key to extending human life in general to a significant degree, especially, should it be determined, if they do not work by improving telomeric regeneration in which case such improvements could be layered on top of it.

The summoned animals are another potential route: It has been speculated that they are capable of living for centuries or even millennia, with it being speculated that a summoned toad from the time of The Sage of The Six Paths timeline still lives. It is thus possible that the summoned animals, either through metaphysical properties or just their cells being hundreds of times more efficient than a human's, contain the key to vastly increased lifespans. I've already proven that cross-species amalgamation of chakra and cells is possible in testing my bloodline grafting on rats. I would, however, need to study a summoned animal's cells and chakra and, with my inability to use even the most basic ninjutsu at this time I will be unable to learn the Summoning Jutsu and thus, my ability to obtain a summoned animal is unlikely barring unforeseen events to come.
    Spoiler: Meanwhile
    Show
    A regally dressed pale waif sneezes. She's confused at first but then goes back to using genjutsu to get away with stealing meals.

In theory, if one could combine the longevity of the Uzumaki with that of a summoned animal, one might be able to live for scores of millennia in good health which I suppose would be the closest to true immortality as is possible in the absence of some method of continuous rejuvenation(which by current understanding of medical ninjutsu is a pipe dream.)

More esoterically, some Shinobi have absorbed that thoughts and emotions can be preferred in Chakra. Thermodynamics states that energy can never be destroyed, only change form. Theoretically, if one could cultivate ungodly levels of chakra one might be able to preserve part or all of their consciousness after the death of their physical body, though whether or not this can be said to be the same person or even a person at all, is a debate for the philosophers and whether or not such a thing truly does count as immortality is... Questionable.

As an aside, I sometimes wish I had someone to discuss things such as this with. Feedback on my research has been positive, but my plans for its use or my more... impractical theories tend to be things I feel would be better kept close to the chest.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi won't admit it, but she felt like she might have tried to chew more then she can stomach.
    But Kimiko there...
    The thought of looking helpless in this arrogant princess's eyes, had triggeted something.
    "Just sit there, and warm the seat there for me, princess!" Usagi yelled, struggling to stay on Miho.
    But then she smile, when she sense a certain tremor.
    "You know what? I guess it IS too much for me. Maybe." And she flip back from Miho, trying to take her harp bow with her, but she preffer to back off.
    "Watership! Now!" She yell.
    The ground under Miho crumble, as the Watership Squad, did what they do- digging
    They didn't beaten,Miho.
    This wasn't part of their contract. But that enough for Usagi.
    Usagi assume that Miho will be surprised by it.
    She jump dive inside, with a punch toward her face, her other hand used for balancing herself.

------

The Watership digging song.
    https://youtu.be/FxNtvyTt8Z0
    "I am the bunny who diggin hole,diggin diggin a hole'

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Team 3 Vs. Team 2
    Miho is, and she has nothing she can do against being punched in the face by someone descending upon her while falling into a hole, the two impact happen combine to knock her out. Now Usagi is at the bottom of the hole with Miho under her, Kimiko walks up to the edge and looks down.
    "Heh, I knew you could do it. Miho is one of the harder opponents in our class to take down, I always had more trouble with her than most. Anyways, Kazuo's the last one we need to beat, I asked Monoma the rules and he said its until all three to knockout. Problem is, he's probably had prep time for us, and he is smart enough to be a coward and keep away from us, that makes him very dangerous because he is fighting like a ninja the most out of anyone here. Not that I couldn't solo him if needed, but y'know might be nice to fight him together for this one, unless your feeling too tired from taking down Miho that your going to be a burden or something."
    She turns away, crossing her arms.

Kazuo:
    Is hiding. He didn't have a good day. He had to rescue a cat from a tree and accidentally foiled two muggers and a pickpocket on his mail route making people think he was a hero AGAIN. When he was pretty sure the statistical likelihood of any muggers being in this village were basically nil, because no one was stupid enough to be a mugger in a ninja village. Its as if this kind of thing was attracted to him specifically and no one else-because it was. Hopefully Miho had defeated them all for him. She was the kind of girl that would be able take on armies someday. He was just some fake. Or maybe even Naneko, she was super-serious ninja girl. Thankfully he had a bunch of traps set up. Healthy, safe comforting, protective traps. He was after all a firm believer in cowardice for it saves at least one life: his own.

26. - Top - End - #236

Senko's Research Log

Notes: Physiological 'Kekkei Genkai'

When most people think of 'Kekkei Genkai,' they think of Advanced Nature Transformations, a genetic ability to manipulate and combine the elements in unique ways, or Dojutsu, a specialized chakra focused in the eyes that grants access to visual based abilities or specific techniques focused on the eyes. Advanced Nature Transformations are by far the most common, followed by dojutsu.

Far more rare, however, are total physiological, or "full-body," 'Kekkei Genki' that bestow major alterations from the base human physiology to the point that families that possess them and breed true may well be considered a separate human subspecies, and the ability to use unique chakras to further enhance these deviations from the human base template.

However, individuals with these 'Kekkei Genkai' tend to have issues and side effects derived from their unique physiology that can't always be helped by conventional medicine due to the sometimes major differences between themselves and baseline humans.

Stories exist of Ninja who can bodily transform into smoke or merge together to become multi-limbed monstrosities, but I can only confirm the existence of two such bloodlines: Sage Transformation and Dead Bone Pulse.

My own bloodline ability, Sage Transformation, allows those who possess it to manipulate their cells and rearrange their bodies. We can also absorb cells and chakra from a living or recently dead source and convert them into our own(which I have done in order to make myself tall enough to reach the top shelf) or convert our cells and chakra to that of a compatible donor to repair severe physical damage. We also naturally secrete a fluid composed of certain hormones and enzymes that are naturally attractive to natural energy and can passively mold it with our physical and spiritual energy to create senjutsu chakra.

This provides three advantages: The combination of our cellular manipulation abilities and the mutagenic properties of natural energy allows us to reshape our bodies in a myriad of ways. We possess a limited ability to use senjutsu without first entering sage mode(even I, who can not use most Jutsu due to the unbalanced nature of my chakra, can still use basic self-enhancement senjutsu though, unfortunately, this does not extend beyond my own body,) and we possess the ability to learn to achieve Sage Mode without the guidance of a summoned animal or another sage. Should we do so, our Sage Mode provides not only spiritual by physical enhancements and bypasses the need to sit still. Furthermore, we are not at risk of turning to stone should we absorb to much senjutsu chakra.

In addition, the process of taking in and molding natural energy into senjutsu as a passive process, as reflexive as breathing, means that we tend to be more in touch with nature to some extent: We can sense natural energy in the environment without training. I possess a limited ability to sense chakra by how it interacts with ambient natural energy and while, as an orphan of a widespread and scattered clan, I have not met any blood relatives who can confirm, the records I managed to salvage indicate that some of my cousins are able to talk to ordinary animals.

However, the process of passively molding senjutsu chakra can, should too much senjutsu chakra be built up and stored, alter our hormonal balance and brain chemistry for the worse resulting in mental instability and violent insanity. As this is universally accompanied by a transformation into a corrupt and monstrous form of Sage Mode, I have theorized that this "Sage Beast" form is a safety mechanism: I believe that we are not so much immune to becoming stone from taking in too much natural energy as our bodies will automatically transform and rampage to vent excess senjutsu chakra and natural energy to prevent our being reclaimed by nature. However, I have no way of verifying this claimant it's entirely possible that this is just a natural product of someone who isn't trained in sage mode storing up enough senjtusu chakra to enter Sage Mode that simply isn't apparent due to the mutagenic effects of natural energy: Anyone other than a member of my clan who drew in enough senjutsu chakra to enter sage mode has either learned Sage mode or turned to stone.

The periodic bouts of madness can be managed by regularly venting our reserves of senjutsu chakra, training to control our emotions, or the use of a person, object, or substance to keep us calm.

The origin of this ability is unclear to me. It is possible that my family are a mutant offshoot of the Senju Clan, who also possess a form of senjutsu that does not require the training of a dimensional animal or nature spirit and, according to legend, are descendants of the Sage of The Six Paths who inherited his Yang nature and senjutsu(Yang chakra being primarily used to physically alter someone's body, not to mention my own strong yang release affinity) though it is also possible that it's a complete coincidence. It is also possible my family has a common ancestor with the Kaguya Clan(see below) or results from the copulation of the ancestors of that clan and the Senju at some point in antiquity.

The Dead Bone Pulse of the Kaguya Clan's existence is confirmed by their presence in the Sound Village but, as they are a clan accurate information about how it works is rare. While I have correspondence from one Tetsurugi Kaguya, this mostly amounts to sharing research on other bloodlines. From observation, it seems that they possess the following traits:
    1. Some ability to control the cells responsible for the generation and destruction of bone matter
    2. Some kind of healing factor that repairs the damage done too flesh, nerves, blood vessels, and organs by their bones piercing through their skin.
    3. Enhanced lifespans or else more efficient cellular division, as their regular destruction and regeneration of their flesh does not seem to reduce their natural lifespan.
    4. Somekind of ability to function and move when their muscles and/or nerves are damaged or punctured
    5. Either bones far harder, stronger, or denser than normal or the ability to improve one or more of those traits.

However, without either the Kaguya Clan sharing their information or the chance to study their bloodline, I have no means of verifying which of these are true(several are speculation) or the mechanics by which they work.

However, I do have one theory...

Theory: The Kaguya Clan possesses a strong affinity to Yang Release.

Yang Release, also known as Light Release, focuses on the physical work, biology, and the vital life force. Several clans are known to use Yang Release in hidden techniques to enhance or alter their bodies and much medical ninjutsu use Yang Release to breathe life into an injured person of improving their ability to heal themselves. Rearranging someone's skeletal system, allowing their body to function perfectly with damaged nerves and muscles, and with multiple open wounds as well as quickly repairing such wounds would strongly suggest that Yang Release is involved to some extent...

However, the extreme cleanliness and health conscientiousness of the Kagyam Clan here in sound would strongly suggest that they are prone to illness, which would contradict the idea of a strong Yang nature unless that yang nature were specialized.

More personally... Due to the potentially shared chakra nature, physiological similarities, or even shared ancestry, it is entirely possible that the Kaguya Clan may be the ideal donor for my test run of self-bloodline grafting. However, such a thing would be even harder to broach than asking to allow me to study their bloodline: Most clans are loath to so much as let their children marry outsiders unless the outsider is marrying in and, while it may simply be my youth talking, I'm not particularly interested in having a relationship with anyone, much less marrying into a clan.

It will be a difficult subject to broach and I made need something of great value to trade if I'm going to do this.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #237

Senko's Research Log Unknown time ago.

DNA Tag

On occasion, I find myself pondering the utility of fuinjutsu and fuda in my line of work. The application of Fuinjutsu, techniques used to contain, imprisoned, store, or release something with applications as varied as preventing something from being summoned to storing something for later use to containing some kind of power that can't be maintained indefinitely, is quite obvious by the cadaver-storage scroll I carry with me. Sometimes the fuinjutsu is merely a technique, while other times it requires a specific formula to be written out or manifested.

Fuda, or paper tags, are created with special writing and are used to generate simple effects or combined with traditional techniques for specific effects. The most common fuda in the shinobi line of business is the "exploding tag," or paper bomb, but the applications are far more varied. There is considerable overlap between fuda creation and fuinjutsu.

Primarily focusing on Fuda, I wonder if it isn't possible to create a tag that performs a series of tasks that are normally quite labor-intensive, namely, the genetic screening and genome sequencing that I've used to test the success of my cellular grafting process and the... Rather complicated process of testing chakra natures that is used for the same(even if chakra induction paper was cheap, it's hard to get a live rat to channel chakra into something, let alone a dead one.)

My knowledge of fuda was limited to start but after a great deal of research... I doubt that I could create a proper formula for such a tag myself, but I can't see anything that says it's impossible. (though I imagine that it would offend some to call this a fuda as its intended function is radically different, leaving me to refer to it simply as a tag.)

I'd also theorized that a storage seal could be hidden underneath the special writing of the tag that could store whatever biological material is used for the test, to be extracted for further, more complicated testing... Or for use in my Bloodline grafting experiments, if applicable.

I've sent my theories and research to the research department's leading experts on fuda to see if something can be done with my theory. If it can... Well, at bare minimum it'll provide a cheap and cost-effective alternative to chakra induction paper while also allowing for faster genetic screening(which would be invaluable for certain medical applications) and the storage variation could be used in order t get a sample of a subject's DNA on file, if needed, without the limits of physical storage.

In addition, careful use could facilitate the ease of stealing information on the biology of enemy shinobi. Far less need to steal corpses or capture them alive, if you can cut them and then store the blood int he DNA Tag.

and, more personally... well, it would save me a lot of time in the lab that could be used for further research and experimentation, and if storage capabilities are possible it'll make acquiring samples for my more... Personal use far easier.

(Suggest manufacturing storage DNA tags and basic testing one's separate so civilians or Sound Ninja won't be paranoid about their DNA being used without their consent should they need the tests they perform.)

Bloodline grafting phase two: (more recently.)

A combination of controlling for genetic factors and the introduction of several medications and herbal supplements that have proven effects on general vitality, chakra production, and so on has improved the survival rate of bloodline grafting in rats from 1/20 to 1.5/10(repeated experimentation) while removing "donor cells became cancerous" as a cause of death.

As stated before, the updated procedure and laboratory report has been sent to Jirou... Though I'm not sure if his project is similar enough to mine that the medication will have any benefit in the short term.

In addition to the medication seeming to improve odds, even slightly... examination of the surviving rats seems to indicate that the medication seems to have facilitated the process of my chakra being integrated into the rat. Further refinement of the recipe might result in a medication that might improve the potency of the chakra of someone who survives the procedure. Further experimentation is necessary.

(It's Been Almost a Week So I'm Posting Something Just To Keep Moving no Jutsu)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Usagi roar with excitment, sending the Watership Squad- but all of them stumble on traps.
    the noise disorienate her, and she get captured... in a net.

'Ksu! I can't stay here!' but the net is too tight, and she can't reach any sharp object.

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Kimiko: Lose for Once
    After Usagi's failure she jumps through the trees, taking care to keep away from any trap, it slower going than most, trying to spot Kazuo.

Meanwhile Kazuo who has been hiding hears Kimiko come near. Oh no, footsteps. That was probably Kimiko or Yuyuyu then he takes a peek- oh no its Kimiko thats worst case scenario, noooo. Its the Class genius, how to get out of this without getting hurt? Mubona-Sensei won't hear his surrender from here, and therefore it won't count. Naneko and Miho are probably taken out. It was just him and her, noooo. What to do, what to do!? Okay calm down. You can get out of this, Kazuo. You just have to get back to Mubona-sensei and say you forfeit and thus Team 3 will win. Do it stealthily and you won't even get hurt by the scary shark-toothed girl who makes origami into a lethal weapon.

So he bravely begins creeping away, blending in with the forest. We was one with the forest. He was friends with the forest, no best bros with the forest, no he was the best man at the forests wedding to the river, he and the forest were practically platonic partners for li-
    *Crack*
    He looks down at the twig he stepped on, the sound ringing out and alerting Kimiko
    "Forest! Why did you betray me!?"
    Then Brave, Brave Sir Kazuo begins running away while screaming as Kimiko pursue yelling and grinning a shark grin.
    "Come back here you coward!"
    He throws an explosive kunai to the side to blast a tree down, making it fall on Kimiko who dodges around it and continues pursuit, only to find.... Mubona!?
    "Never fear, Young Kimiko!" Mubona seems to say "Kazuo has already gotten to me and surrendered! You can go home knowing your victorious in your springtime of YOUTH!"
    "Awesome glad that has been-wait a minute"
    she glares suspiciously at him
    "Mubona Sensei's crazy obsession is with passion, not youth!"
    Then whips the Mubona with her paper blade, in poof, revealing him to be Kazuo trying to trick her, who screams and jumps about to evade her paper whip attacks
    "Hah! Thought you could trick me into letting down my guard, did you? Sorry, but I'm just too good."
    However he lands on the ground as a paper lash comes at him, and out of reflex he tries to block it with echo gauntlet, his chakra control so tied to this that he unleashes a resonating echo drill as the paper whip wraps around it trying to disarm him of it. Except instead, the sound waves travel up the whip and into Kimiko's body, causing great pain through her inner ear and disorienting and causing feelings of vertigo and nausea to rise up within her, as her ears are suddenly ringing, she drops her blade as she cups her ears out of impulsive reaction, stumbling about clumsily then tripping over a wire trap that Kazuo had set up earlier and falling to look as if Kazuo had punched her and gets caught in a net as well. Kazuo just blinks, confused before Mubona suddenly jumps out of nowhere with a smile
    "What great PASSION, Kazuo! You have won the fight! Between setting up traps, trying to get away from her while putting obstacles in her way and thus using the environment, trying to trick her with a disguise jutsu, and using her own weapon against her for your attack to take her out, truly you are a shinobi of great skill! I look forward to see your passionate potential blossom into the Future Hero of Otogakure! I could not have done better myself. Time for a celebratory meal at Ichirakus! Team 2 only!"
    He grabs a stunned Kazuo and runs off to do so, who is internally going Noooooooooooo.
    While Kimiko sits there. In the net. Stunned at the fact that she had actually lost this time. To a coward with the wildest swings of luck she ever saw. She clenches her fists. But luck was a factor on any battlefield, unfortunately, and luck favors the prepared. She would just have to get used to that.

Team 3: Accept Loss
    Eventually they get out of the nets, Yuyuyu wakes up, and they reconvene.
    "....We lost."
    "Yeah."
    "If only I had read up on Kazuo's weapon."
    "If only I got out of the way of Miho rather than wasting time."
    "And we were doing so well defeating both Miho and Naneko to!"
    "Yeah, personally I think Kazuo doesn't give himself enough credit."
    "His fighting style is so WEIRD!"
    They both sigh.
    "Well....time to head home."
    "Yea, hopefully we'll have better luck next time."
    They head homewards, Kimiko particularly distraught, wondering what she will tell her mother.

Ishikawa Manor:
    When she arrives home, Mitsuko asks after dinner
    "How was today, Kimiko?"
    "Good, Oka-sama. I delivered mail and then had a team spar with Team 2."
    "Did you win?"
    "Yes" Kimiko lies, knowing the consequences if she said no.
    Mitsuko narrows her eyes at this for a moment. Normally her daughter was more of a braggart. The answer was too short, too calmly stated. She was lying, she had lost and was lying calmly to not disappoint her.
    "...Good" Mitsuko says, letting it pass. All ninja needed to learn to lie to avoid consequences anyways. Best that she start so she can develop a skill at it when she is infiltrating their enemies. But if she'll have to be stricter next time so that she develops it better.

Little does she know, there won't be a next time.

Kimiko and Jirou pass by each other and Kimiko looks up at him suspiciously
    "I heard you talking on the radio."
    He swears internally, but is outwardly unmoved.
    "And? What about it?"
    "Its suspicious. Sending a love letter? Going on a talk show about love? Who are you and where are you keeping my real brother?"
    "...Should I speak aloud the Incident Which Shall Not Be Spoken Of?"
    "Okay your real, but still this isn't like you. Whats going on? The Jirou I know wouldn't give a single thought about stuff like this. Why are you interested now?"
    "....Do you need a refresher course on puberty, Kimi-chan?"
    She blushes furiously at this
    "NO!! I already went through that with Oka-samaaaa!"
    "I see. Then you already know the answer. Surely I do not need to insult your genius by explaining it outright."
    "I-you-but-aaaaaagh! Nevermind! I'm going to bed!"
    He lets out a slight chuckle as she leaves. all he did was for her own good. Soon his preparations will be complete, and he will be able to change things in this household. Just need to have a conversation tomorrow, secure an important ally, then he will be able to make his move. Kimiko will have the family she deserves.

Little does he know, what he is really getting into.

Kimiko goes up to her room frustrated at today, at being suspicious of Jirou, of losing, of being teased by Kikenna, and arguing with Naneko. She met that strange Senko girl today, but she doesn't know when if ever she'll meet her again. There was still that missing-nin concern out there in the back of her mind, but she pushes it away. She just wanted some sleep, some peace for now. Hoping the next day will be better.

Little does she know, it will only be worse.

30. - Top - End - #240

(I'm hoping that I'm not jumping the gun)

The Next Day, 9:00 AM: Team 3's meeting ground

When Team 3 arrives at their meeting place, they find someone else there before them.

A freakishly tall girl, with amber eyes, her carrot-colored hair in a pixie cut that looks like she did it herself, wearing a robe that has long sleeves but that stops at the mid-thigh, leaving her bare legs and unshod feet exposed.

Kimiko and Yuyuyu will recognize her as Senko, the girl they met yesterday but... She seems more nervous than before.

She holds up a scroll. "Ishikawa-sensei instructed me to deliver this scroll to Odayama-sensei and then await further instructions."

There is dread in the girl's voice.
    Spoiler: The Contents of the Scroll
    Show
    The scroll is divided into two parts.

The first part says that Senko is being assigned to do missions with Team 3 indefinitely.

It states that while she is helpless with Ninjutsu and Genjutsu that she is certified B Rank in Taijutsu and is qualified to provide first aid and perform simple surgeries in an emergency situation.

It mentions that she has a Kekkei Genkai that allows her to produce weapons from her body and compensates for her lack of ability to walk on water or climb trees with chakra.

then a Do Not Disclose order.

It also notes that... Team 3 will all be getting additional hazard pay for missions involving Senko.

Afterward is a note stating that there is a possibility that Senko might be driven into a murderous rage and transform into a monster. She mostly has it under control but if she says "I don't think that's a good idea" it's code for 'This might trigger my transformation.'

At this point, the Do Not Disclose order is terminated

The second half of the scroll is a transcription of a D-Rank mission

Ichichiraku Ramen and Osoba-chan's Soba shop have both reported a Dine-and-Dash incident on *this day* for the past two weeks. Comparing notes with each other, they suspect that the same individual will target Udon-san's Cafe. The three restaurants, as well as Fuyuki-san of Fuyuki-san's frozen confections standing with them in solidarity, are pooling funds to hire a team of Genin to pose as staff at the Cafe during the lunch rush in hopes of catching the culprit.

They don't necessarily want to pursue legal action, they just want to nip the problem in the bud before it becomes big enough that they start losing profit on it. They've agreed that if the culprit isn't actively malicious that they're willing to be lenient. Team-3 is expected to be at the Cafe by 10:30 and ill receive more details there.

After the transcript is a note, suggesting using the time between receiving this scroll and having to leave for the Cafe to get Senko properly introduced to the team.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-04-21 at 02:58 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks