New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Comic] Instructions Unclear...

I decided to illustrate one of the funnier moments in my campaign so far! As this is an entirely homebrew campaign by me, this might need some explaining.

The party (half-elf rogue, elf wizard, orc fighter, vryloka ardent) were basically trapped in a dream mansion thingy, and had been looping time for a while now with different things at the end of each loop. At the end of the last loop, they had to fight this terrible abomination which would eternally regenerate from even the most severe injuries.

The events in the dream mansion had all been written out like a story in this book which was tied to it, and so clearly to progress they just had to follow the book's instructions. The book subtly hinted that the clock's hands were powerful weapons, so the three people in the room with the abomination put two and two together and realized they needed the grandfather clock which the orc had conveniently moved near the room for them. So they shouted out of the room at him, and well...
    Last edited by Pompmaker1; 2019-03-25 at 07:00 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Comic] Instructions Unclear...

Heh. Orcish Problem Solving at its finest.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Looks good and was funny. Any more?
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

4/5 would upvote

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Heh. Orcish Problem Solving at its finest.
    Heh - reminds me of the 'orc quadruple axe', which never fails to make me chuckle.