New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    So something something Avengers is getting a re-release in theaters with new DLC content so it can get past the 098.4% of Avatar box office for it is important to get past the magic number 100.0%
    You don't like it, don't watch it?

I mean, is there something that offends you?

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post

He didn't say that he dislike the film. He said that the movie is re-releasing to make it #1 box office.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    He didn't say that he dislike the film. He said that the movie is re-releasing to make it #1 box office.
    Which is fair since Avatar was also re-released in theatres.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Which is fair since Avatar was also re-released in theatres.
    Really?! Dang! Both movies are really competing each other for the #1 box office. This is just like boxing:

In this corner: The movie trying to defend it #1 box office title: Avatar!

In this corner: The movie who's challenging the champion: Avengers: Endgame.

Movies, Let Get Really To Rumble!

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post

Calm down. I will watch this new version of Avengers Endgame if the price is right. And if the price is wrong that is what digital content and streaming is all about. I am not against this. I am sharing news.

Note Avatar did this exact same thing in theaters. Avatar was released Dec 2009. Well in August of 2010 Avatar was released in theaters and made 11 million in the US and 22 million international for an additional 33 million in sales.

This is the nature of the beast, muct like deciding to make the Hobbit 3 movies when the original plan was 2 movies was done due to so many people doing the production cost over 5 companies and someone realized their contract of some of the people getting paid was only legally required to get proceeds from movie 1, and thus doing 3 movies instead of 2 means more money.

All of this is the normal nature of the beast. I am not passing moral judgement. I hope the new content is good. And even if the new content is not it is like getting angry, or not angry, or ambivalent, or apatheia-ic, etc how much a Hollywood Movie spends on advertising, why do ones care if they spend $200 million on advertising and marketing and then they change their mind and it is suddenly $220 million and not $200 million.

I am sharing though for even if I am interested and yet simultaneously not interested, I take empathetic joy in people who take delight in stuff like this.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

6. - Top - End - #816
    Spamalot in the Playground

I'll totally watch the rerelease. I'm hoping one of the final scenes deals with Widow.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

As I've said before, I will totally watch the rerelease if it features Samuel L Jackson being de-snapped while saying "...ucker."

8. - Top - End - #818
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I'll totally watch the rerelease. I'm hoping one of the final scenes deals with Widow.
    I would say that there should be a reasonable chance it might lead into the Black Widow movie they are supposed to be already working on.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saintheart View Post
    As I've said before, I will totally watch the rerelease if it features Samuel L Jackson being de-snapped while saying "...ucker."
    Did Endgame have a F-Bomb? Endgame is PG-13 so only 1 F word use, and I can't recall what it was.

Perfectly balanced as all things should be. It is Samuel L Jackson sitting on Thano's chair and releasing a mother-[censored] ... and the MCU shook at the power of the mighty [censored] that Samuel L Jackson released.

Recast the Inhumans (no one saw that tv show anyway) and make Samuel L Jackson be Black Bolt

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ettin in the Playground

So how the 2nd part of HISHE, How it Should have Ended, Endgame.

So are we going to get an Avengers Disassembled story where Scarlet Witch gets mad when they did not save Vision when they totally could via the power of time traveling Vision to the future, have Shuri remove the mind stone from Vision, save Vision, and replace the old vision with a Life Model Decoy?

Why can Captain America get his life with the timeline (messing up the timeline in the process) but not Scarlet Witch and the robot man who was worthy? Synthroids are Humans too!

[I am making the point time-travel in marvel stories may be fun at first, but they always end up with Baron Mordo saying You think there will be no consequences, Strange? No price to pay? We broke our rules, just like her. The bill comes due. Always! ]

11. - Top - End - #821
    Colossus in the Playground

Did Endgame have a F-Bomb? Endgame is PG-13 so only 1 F word use, and I can't recall what it was.

Perfectly balanced as all things should be. It is Samuel L Jackson sitting on Thano's chair and releasing a mother-[censored] ... and the MCU shook at the power of the mighty [censored] that Samuel L Jackson released.

Recast the Inhumans (no one saw that tv show anyway) and make Samuel L Jackson be Black Bolt
    Their comment was with regards to how Infinity War ended with Fury being cut off as "oh mother f-" due to being snapped. Making him come back with "-ucker" would be a way to have him swear without it really being a swear.

It'd be like the legen- (wait for it)

-dary joke.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Their comment was with regards to how Infinity War ended with Fury being cut off as "oh mother f-" due to being snapped. Making him come back with "-ucker" would be a way to have him swear without it really being a swear.

It'd be like the legen- (wait for it)

-dary joke.
    I understand.

My point is there can only be one (per the Highlander rules), I think Samuel L Jackson should be the one, and then I ask the question did Endgame have a character besides Jackson using the F word?

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ettin in the Playground

I understand.

My point is there can only be one (per the Highlander rules), I think Samuel L Jackson should be the one, and then I ask the question did Endgame have a character besides Jackson using the F word?
    Since Jackson wouldn't actually say the full swear word in either movie, Disney could easily get the MPAA to gloss over that.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Heh.

They will introduce the X-men to the MCU when the Scarlett Witch declares "Make more mutants." ;-)
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Banned

So they're re-releasing Avengers Endgame? I guess that's great for the fans, but I'm pretty much over it. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movies and the overarching story, but I've had my closure and I'm ready to move on. Superhero fatigue has set in pretty hard and I don't think there's anything Marvel could do to get me to re-invest into more movies...and I say this as someone who still reads comic books as a grown man.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Disney have a reputation and they want to keep it that way.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    So they're re-releasing Avengers Endgame? I guess that's great for the fans, but I'm pretty much over it. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movies and the overarching story, but I've had my closure and I'm ready to move on. Superhero fatigue has set in pretty hard and I don't think there's anything Marvel could do to get me to re-invest into more movies...and I say this as someone who still reads comic books as a grown man.
    2 months, it takes less than 2 months for Endgame Fever to crescendo followed by the fever abating.

That was what Thanos needed most of all, a reminder from a little imp on his shoulder telling him "this too shall pass."

Disney have a reputation and they want to keep it that way.
    The Joker: You have all these rules, and you think they'll save you!
    Batman: I have one rule.

Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-06-20 at 07:34 PM.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

2 months, it takes less than 2 months for Endgame Fever to crescendo followed by the fever abating.

That was what Thanos needed most of all, a reminder from a little imp on his shoulder telling him "this too shall pass."

The Joker: You have all these rules, and you think they'll save you!
    Batman: I have one rule.

Well, it's true knowing how Disney is when it comes to profanity. (Not that I have an issue with profanity at all.) They want to keep things classy and family-oriented.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, it's true knowing how Disney is when it comes to profanity. (Not that I have an issue with profanity at all.) They want to keep things classy and family-oriented.
    You have a point, but that is what makes it a "joke" (of a certain kind)

There are a couple exceptions to this, but as a general rule you are correct no F words in Marvel ever since Disney took over and it is not companies like Paramount making the call. We can have mob bosses bludgeoning a person to death with a car door, and finally cutting off the head, we can have paramilitary guys with more guns than a brigade, but no nudity and no F words.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

You have a point, but that is what makes it a "joke" (of a certain kind)

There are a couple of exceptions to this, but as a general rule you are correct no F words in Marvel ever since Disney took over and it is not companies like Paramount making the call. We can have mob bosses bludgeoning a person oo death with a car door, and finally cutting off the head, we can have paramilitary guys with more guns than a brigade, but no nudity and no F words.
    Totally off topic but it related to Disney. I remember watching a Disney family movie from Disney channel. (I forgot what the name of the movie.) It's about an African-American girl who made friends with a Caucasian girl. The Caucasian girl said a racial slur in an African language and the African-American girl translate the racial slur. It looks like Disney got away with that one-time and very hypocritical when it comes to bad language.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2019-06-20 at 08:00 PM.