New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    And the next three years the cycle starts all over again.
    Read his post again. If 'getting them all' is the fun part, the cycle restarting means the fun part of collecting them starts all over again in a fresh and new way. If 'having them all' is the fun part, the cycle restarting means the fun part ends until you finish the collection again. He was saying he is of the former mindset, not the latter

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Read his post again. If 'getting them all' is the fun part, the cycle restarting means the fun part of collecting them starts all over again in a fresh and new way. If 'having them all' is the fun part, the cycle restarting means the fun part ends until you finish the collection again. He was saying he is of the former mindset, not the latter
    I already did and collecting to me is just a huge waste of time.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground

I already did and collecting to me is just a huge waste of time.
    Other people like different things, and you not likely ng them has no bearing on them liking it.

The new ponyta looks cool. I'm looking forward to more Galaran forms and I hear there will be some camping and crafting. All to please the Breath of the Wild paradigm.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Other people like different things, and you not likely ng them has no bearing on them liking it.

The new ponyta looks cool. I'm looking forward to more Galaran forms and I hear there will be some camping and crafting. All to please the Breath of the Wild paradigm.
    I'm just not a collecting Pokemon type a person. That doesn't make that I hate the game.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Barbarian in the Playground

Is Sword and/or Shield worth getting a Switch? The weezing with the toxic, green mustache and top-hat-esque smoke stack does look enticing.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

If people want to make Pokemon collection more fun then include every Pokemon including event Pokemon in the game. And make Pokemon easier to get too.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Titan in the Playground

uh, guys, have you not heard?

there has been another interview with gamefreak, Exp share is now mandatory. there is no exp share item anymore, all your pokemon just receive shared exp by default

So the core experience of the journey is now even easier. and the only way around it, is to box five of your pokemon and only use one to level them up. I know some people dislike the current kind of exp share around here, so I'm just warning you all.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post

there has been another interview with gamefreak, Exp share is now mandatory. there is no exp share item anymore, all your pokemon just receive shared exp by default

So the core experience of the journey is now even easier. and the only way around it, is to box five of your pokemon and only use one to level them up. I know some people dislike the current kind of exp share around here, so I'm just warning you all.
    Don't care. I rather play Gen 8 in Pokemonshowdown.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

It'll mostly be annoying for my OCD that wants all my Pokemon to be the same level, so when I catch something wild that's not the right level I'll be really annoyed. Otherwise, probably just fine? Makes the game super easy I'll bet (though Pokemon was already no challenge), I might have to spend more money on repels for challenge purposes.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

This is only a real problem to me if they don't adjust the level curve/ai on trainers and pokemon encounters so that you aren't constantly over-leveled from using it. Otherwise I see it as a nice QOL improvement cause grinding is not difficulty, it's just a waste of time. There are better more interesting ways to make a game more challenging, and grinding or lack thereof is a bad metric for how hard a game is in a meaningful way.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

I must admit I like grinding in Final Fantasy game but not as much in Pokemon...

So the mandatory XP Share thing, I dont really mind. Doesnt help that Im only above average at the game in term of strategy. I like playing with my subpar Pokemons too much.

I must admit it make no sense though that ex is shared around like that. There is joy to be had that your Pokemon evolve after it has fight a opponent.

Then again, I dont feel its a game breaker if the game is interesting. In Pokemon case, we will have to see.

If they had made a VR setting to pet our Pokemon and play with them though, I would have being onboard. With mods reacting differently depending of their Nature. That would have being even better then battle animation if you ask me

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

I think it's a silly move to make it not optional (same with the auto-save) but I always have it on anyway because I don't play Pokemon to hit the Skinner Box. I do it for the fun and adventure. I'm all for doing away with crappy mechanics designed to artificially inflate the length of a game.
    Last edited by Razade; 2019-10-09 at 04:18 AM.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Troll in the Playground

I think it's a silly move to make it not optional (same with the auto-save) but I always have it on anyway because I don't play Pokemon to hit the Skinner Box. I do it for the fun and adventure. I'm all for doing away with crappy mechanics designed to artificially inflate the length of a game.
    I think they announced that the auto-save is optional, just on by default.

Regarding The Exp. share, I think it's an improvement, provided they balance the game around you having it. I don't really like the switch-in tricks needed to level a new pokemon, or the constantly moving around of the old exp share item, so as long as they balance around this, I think it'll be fine.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2019-10-09 at 04:36 AM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

Gamefreak is REALLY trying to make me disinterested, isn't it?

So, if I do my usual thing of breeding up my team for the second and subsequent games (as I can't port them over from previous gens now, likely), it means that I, what, have to arse about dropping the primary off to make sure that one doesn't over-level?

What about different XP gains? Is that being standardised, or are we now expected to have Pokémon at different levels mandatarily? Or is the very idea of using basically the same six Pokémon from start to finish that you've spent probably as much time breeding as playing now a cardinal sin?

It also DOESN'T remove the grind, since if I get a new low-level Pokémon to my team and I want to get it to the level of my primary team before progressing any further, I have to waste time to go back and drop off all the rest of the team so THEY don't over-level to level it up on its own (which means more time and more reloading if it faints).

There had better be very early or immediate access to EV training via amie or equivilent, because otherwise EV training is going be a freaking nightmare again (actual more tedious than it's ever BEEN) since you mandatorily share all the EVs.

I have no idea what sheer idioicy possessed them to make it non-optional (where in the last two gens, you had actively turn it off); frack, put it in the damn GAME options along with dialogue speed and whatnot if you want Little Timmy to never have to worry about whether it's on or off. It doesn't add anything to the game to me except replace grind with more faffing about. Yes, well done, Gamefreak, let's replacing grinding with something even more annoying, messing about with the boxes and/or reloading more!

I wasn't struck with Gen VI's capture XP, since it often necessarily made the statuser over-levelled, now the problem is with THE ENTIRE TEAM and I can't turn it off.

Well, that settles it; I am DEFINITELY not looking at Sword and Shield (or a Switch Lite) until you guys have got it and we see if they've spiked the difficulty. 'Cos if they ain't, then they've basically said "yeah, we don't want you playing the game the way you want to play it and the way you've BEEN playing it for the last... what, nearly twenty years - setting your own level of difficulty, how dare you, we took out difficulty levels on purpose the one time we put them in!" at which point I say "then I won't play it, then lads, since you won't let mods exist."

Autosave?

Yeah, if that was not optional and was the same slot as the manual save slot (which it would be, if I know Nintendo), that'd be a straight deal breaker. I will NOT play ironman or equivilent on any game, ever.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-10-09 at 04:43 AM.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Colossus in the Playground

I want to make a point of noting that the leak regarding autosave, 18 gyms, and auto-EXP All was confirmed NOT TO BE TRUE, and until we receive official word from them we have no reason to assume otherwise.

EDIT: Okay, having read the Gamerant article and it's source, I can say definitively that we don't actually know how auto-exp all will actually WORK, so maybe take a breath.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-10-09 at 07:00 AM.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I want to make a point of noting that the leak regarding autosave, 18 gyms, and auto-EXP All was confirmed NOT TO BE TRUE, and until we receive official word from them we have no reason to assume otherwise.

EDIT: Okay, having read the Gamerant article and it's source, I can say definitively that we don't actually know how auto-exp all will actually WORK, so maybe take a breath.
    The stuff about auto-save isn't part of a leak. It was reported by...probably a lot of people but it was given in an interview with Gameinformer. You can read it here. The EXP-Share is also not part of a leak and is 100% true. How it works...no idea, as you say it's not reported. But neither of them being true is...itself...not true. They're confirmed, presented by credible media and the sources are cited to people who worked on the game. No idea about the eighteen gyms though. Hadn't heard about that until this post.

As per the article linked, Auto-Save is specifically mentioned to be in the Open-ish World area of the game. Read into that what you will.
    Last edited by Razade; 2019-10-09 at 07:11 AM.

17. - Top - End - #797

The stuff about auto-save isn't part of a leak. It was reported by...probably a lot of people but it was given in an interview with Gameinformer. You can read it here. The EXP-Share is also not part of a leak and is 100% true. How it works...no idea, as you say it's not reported. But neither of them being true is...itself...not true. They're confirmed, presented by credible media and the sources are cited to people who worked on the game. No idea about the eighteen gyms though. Hadn't heard about that until this post.

As per the article linked, Auto-Save is specifically mentioned to be in the Open-ish World area of the game. Read into that what you will.
    I'll admit I hadn't heard ANY actual official sources beyond the corocoro leak that said there are 18 gym battles in a minor and major league, and that that had been shown to be false/misunderstood, so I just kinda lumped it all together in the Fake, Ignore pile.

Having the auto-save be active in the area where you can interact with other players and do raid-battles with them sounds like just basic online cheat prevention.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

I'll admit I hadn't heard ANY actual official sources beyond the corocoro leak that said there are 18 gym battles in a minor and major league, and that that had been shown to be false/misunderstood, so I just kinda lumped it all together in the Fake, Ignore pile.
    Sure, I just wanted to make sure people were aware that two of those things weren't. I'd be down for more gyms and content.

Having the auto-save be active in the area where you can interact with other players and do raid-battles with them sounds like just basic online cheat prevention.
    Probably their main concern, also we have no idea if you can trade with people when you're in that area and that's always had an auto-save.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Titan in the Playground

That? Would be fine.

That did not sound like what the article was implying, though.

Heck, if it actually let you have more than one save slot on single player would be even betaahahahahahahahahaha! They're never going to allow that, not when they're flogging cloud-saves for Nintendo Direct or whatever (if they even allow you to cloud-save THERE?)

Since having a back-up save for something like Pokémon where you could have hundeds or more hours of data is literally the main reason back-ups should be possible, but Nintendo have always been completely against the idea. (They've always cared more about the artifical scarcity of, say Arceus than they have about someone losing the Arceus they had because something broke, after all.)

As I say, I am DEFINITELY taking a "not until after release and reviews" policy on Sword and Shield; there's NO freaking way I'm shelling out for a Switch Lite (which I will use for literally nothing else, since I have yet to see even one single game on Switch that interests me) until I'm absolutely certain. (And I have never been less hyped for a main Pokémon game release.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-10-09 at 08:05 AM.

20. - Top - End - #800

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    That? Would be fine.

That did not sound like what the article was implying, though.

Heck, if it actually let you have more than one save slot on single player would be even betaahahahahahahahahaha! They're never going to allow that, not when they're flogging cloud-saves for Nintendo Direct or whatever (if they even allow you to cloud-save THERE?)

Since having a back-up save for something like Pokémon where you could have hundeds or more hours of data is literally the main reason back-ups should be possible, but Nintendo have always been completely against the idea. (They've always cared more about the artifical scarcity of, say Arceus than they have about someone losing the Arceus they had because something broke, after all.)

As I say, I am DEFINITELY taking a "not until after release and reviews" policy on Sword and Shield; there's NO freaking way I'm shelling out for a Switch Lite (which I will use for literally nothing else, since I have yet to see even one single game on Switch that interests me) until I'm absolutely certain. (And I have never been less hyped for a main Pokémon game release.)
    If you switch accounts on the Switich you get a fresh save. Thanks to how the accounts work on Switch Pokemon now has, effective, save slots for multiple playthroughs.

I mean if you haven't found good Switch games I'd argue you're not looking, but fair enough

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I decided to bite and put in pre-orders for Sword and Shield so the spouse and I can play. Dexit isn't thrilling to me, but I'm hardly going to say no to new pokemon I can shiny hunt.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

22. - Top - End - #802

Anyway hey, new news: Galarian Ponyta officially revealed. Pure psychic type, is called the "Unique Horn" pokemon (badumtish). It's super cute!

23. - Top - End - #803
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Anyway hey, new news: Galarian Ponyta officially revealed. Pure psychic type, is called the "Unique Horn" pokemon (badumtish). It's super cute!
    My Little Pony.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

My Little Pokemon: Friendship is Pokeballs

Galarian Ponyta being Psychic type surprised me. I thought for sure they would make her Fairy type. Not that I mind (at all) it is a interesting direction.

Im very disappointed in its Abilities however. Run Away is ok and flavorful (even if its bad) so I cant complain... but Pastel Veil is just BAD!

Sure it had application for raids and multi-battles but Healer would have being SO MUCH BETTER! And much more flavorful considering Unicorn lore

EDIT: I hope we can AT LEAST ride Ponyta like we could do with Mudsdale on Pokemon Sun and Shield.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-10-09 at 09:54 AM.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    My Little Pokemon: Friendship is Pokeballs

Galarian Ponyta being Psychic type surprised me. I thought for sure they would make her Fairy type. Not that I mind (at all) it is a interesting direction.

Im very disappointed in its Abilities however. Run Away is ok and flavorful (even if its bad) so I cant complain... but Pastel Veil is just BAD!

Sure it had application for raids and multi-battles but Healer would have being SO MUCH BETTER! And much more flavorful considering Unicorn lore
    I bet that they'll make a Galarian Rapidash a Psychic/Flying type or Fairy/Flying type.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

I bet that they'll make a Galarian Rapidash a Psychic/Flying type or Fairy/Flying type.
    I do hope it evolve like a Alicorn... both with a horn and wings.

But the BEST thing would be to have a male evoltion and female evolution like Gallade // Gardevoir. One that become a Pegasis and the other a unicorn.

And I still hope we can RIDE our Galarian ponyta or Rapidash in Sword and Shield
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-10-09 at 09:57 AM.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I do hope it evolve like a Alicorn... both with a horn and wings.

But the BEST thing would be to have a male evoltion and female evolution like Gallade // Gardevoir. One that become a Pegasis and the other a unicorn.

And I still hope we can RIDE our Galarian ponyta or Rapidash in Sword and Shield
    That will be awesome. I'm all for it.

28. - Top - End - #808

Galarian Rapidash is probably going to be Psychic Fairy, and be an alicorn. It's already a unicorn- no, excuse me, Unique Horn, after all

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

That will be awesome. I'm all for it.
    WOULD be awesome... I dont work at Game Freak unfortunatly

I have small fate in them on that regard

30. - Top - End - #810
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

WOULD be awesome... I don't work at Game Freak, unfortunately

I have small fate in them on that regard
    Sorry about the grammar error. My Grammarly has it off days.