New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    I more expect them to do Lets Go Marill and Lets Go Togepi. I expect Lets Go games to be "Pikaclone of Gen + other cute relatively popular semi iconic Mon from said Gen". Though, Gen 3 might be Lets Go Minun and Lets Go Plusle.
    Sweet. That would be awesome.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ogre in the Playground

Dead memes and Gen 1 pandering, what a terrible trailer
    *old man yells at cloud*
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I still can wait for Generation 8 in Pokemon Sword and Shield Overused Games at Pokemon Showdown.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    Dead memes and Gen 1 pandering, what a terrible trailer
    *old man yells at cloud*
    Yep.

*sigh*

Agreed.

I suppose I should take the fact that they bothered to use zigzagoon despite it not being Gen 1 as a minor positive on the basis that it is probably the only non-gen 1 thing they're likely to do...

5. - Top - End - #845
    Colossus in the Playground

It feels to have lived through everyone begging for gen 1 to get represented again and now see people annoyed at it.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

The Meowth is honestly kind of cool, but I've never been a fan of gameplay elements being locked behind early purchase, and even less behind owning a whole different game. I'm sort of half relieved charizard only gets one super special form this time, but overall the first trailer got a lot more hype out of me.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

7. - Top - End - #847
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    The Meowth is honestly kind of cool, but I've never been a fan of gameplay elements being locked behind early purchase, and even less behind owning a whole different game. I'm sort of half relieved charizard only gets one super special form this time, but overall the first trailer got a lot more hype out of me.
    Yeah Im relief for teh Charizard one. My friend is being complaining about the lost of Mega-Evolution. At least this is a good consolation prize.

Meowth is funny.

Dont care about the Pikachu and Eevee ones.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

I just wish these were good, yknow? Speaking in meta terms, Alolan Exeggcutor isn't "Top Tier" but the stats were OK. Sandslash and Ninetales, also fine stats.

Meowth, Pikachu, Eevee, Butterfree...c'mon, I can't actually use these. Even in-game, there will doubtless be better choices for the E4. Pretending that Giga is even usable in the final fights.

9. - Top - End - #849

Quote Originally Posted by Karnitis View Post
    I just wish these were good, yknow? Speaking in meta terms, Alolan Exeggcutor isn't "Top Tier" but the stats were OK. Sandslash and Ninetales, also fine stats.

Meowth, Pikachu, Eevee, Butterfree...c'mon, I can't actually use these. Even in-game, there will doubtless be better choices for the E4. Pretending that Giga is even usable in the final fights.
    IF you're talking competative, who knows. If you're talking about in game, you can beat Red in Gold and Silver with an underleveled whooper if you like it enough, don't trick yourself into thinking that a pokemon is "Bad" just because it's numbers aren't large enough for try-hard esports nerds.

Remember what that dark type elite four member said. There are no strong pokemon or weak pokemon. Just use the ones you like. If that means using a Butterfree so you can drop a mothra on someone, go and do it.

(and don't kid yourself the Elite Four are absolutely going to have their own dyna/gigamax pokemon. They had Mega's and Z-Moves, this won't be any different).

10. - Top - End - #850
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Maybe Pokemon Sword and Shield will still have Mega Evolution.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Maybe Pokemon Sword and Shield will still have Mega Evolution.
    They have directly said Sword and Shield wont have either Z Moves or Mega Pokemon. They "might" bring back mega forms as Gigantemax forms in the second batch of games if they feel nice, but I think that's unlikely. But the main reason is they don't want old gimmicks is cause they don't want them to distract from their new gimmicks. They want those box cover features, and its better to say something new then more of the same.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

They have directly said Sword and Shield wont have either Z Moves or Mega Pokemon. They "might" bring back mega forms as Gigantemax forms in the second batch of games if they feel nice, but I think that's unlikely. But the main reason is they don't want old gimmicks is cause they don't want them to distract from their new gimmicks. They want those box cover features, and its better to say something new then more of the same.
    What?! Noooooooo.........

13. - Top - End - #853
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have two quests in GO that require making more friends. My favourite imaginary friends did not qualify, sooo... if anyone wants a gift or two from a stranger before getting suddenly and unceremoniously unfriended, here's my code:
    Spoiler: code
    Show
    6707 6834 3582
    Well that was awkward.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Troll in the Playground

I'm honestly kind of curious what the Showdown community is going to look like in a generation with no more mega's or Z-moves. Is gen7 going to stay popular? Is there going to be a seperate metagame where mega's and Z-moves are allowed, like a gen8+? Or is the new gimmick going to be so good that people will soon forget about the previous hero mechanisms?
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

15. - Top - End - #855
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    I'm honestly kind of curious what the Showdown community is going to look like in a generation with no more mega's or Z-moves. Is gen7 going to stay popular? Is there going to be a seperate metagame where mega's and Z-moves are allowed, like a gen8+? Or is the new gimmick going to be so good that people will soon forget about the previous hero mechanisms?
    A "Gen8+" mode/ladder was almost guaranteed on Showdown from the minute that Gamefreak announced that Sword and Shield wouldn't have the full Pokédex.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

Most gens have an "unofficial" ladder where everything thats in the game files is allowed. Gen 5 had Dreamworld where all Hidden Abilities were released, 6 and 7 had Bank where everything was allowed before that gen's PokeBank updated
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

SIGH... Exclusive Gym Leaders? REALLY?!

It was already hard to decide on a version of the game... If they could leak all version exclusive Pokemon early, it would really be feel like a more marketing move then doing it at random. More people would know what to preorder thsi way lol

Not that I was going to preorder the game anyway but still...

Also eager for the starter evos to be leaked... Especially Sobble

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

Some preview reviews.

- There is no hand holding tutorials anymore.
    - If you go too deep in the wild areas you can find much higher level Pokemons that can may one shot your stuff .
    - Level/Exp scaling seem to be good. In particular the Pokémon you fight with gets more Exp.
    - Cou can also have their nicknames rated, rename them, or even delete moves at the Pokémon Center.
    - The Wild Area feels large from the very beginning. In this part of Galar, the camera swings behind their character and they can rotate it 360 degrees.
    - Wild Area features Pokémon with max IVs and egg moves demarcated by a yellow aura.
    - Can freely access PC in Wild Area.
    - Wild Area has its own currency called Watts which you can exchange for "camping gear, items, and ingredients"; some items exclusive to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

19. - Top - End - #859

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    SIGH... Exclusive Gym Leaders? REALLY?!

It was already hard to decide on a version of the game... If they could leak all version exclusive Pokemon early, it would really be feel like a more marketing move then doing it at random. More people would know what to preorder thsi way lol

Not that I was going to preorder the game anyway but still...

Also eager for the starter evos to be leaked... Especially Sobble
    We knew this since a long time ago. Don't get your panties in a knot.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    We knew this since a long time ago. Don't get your panties in a knot.
    Well I didnt know. My point still stand. It would be fun if when they promote the game, they show more game exclusive information. As for the Gym Leader thing, sorry for being late about this. But that doesnt mean you should word it like that. If anything, give me good youtube channels links to follow those leaks info XD
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-10-18 at 09:59 AM.

21. - Top - End - #861

NecromancerGirl

Well I didnt know. My point still stand. It would be fun if when they promote the game, they show more game exclusive information. As for the Gym Leader thing, sorry for being late about this. But that doesnt mean you should word it like that. If anything, give me good youtube channels links to follow those leaks info XD
    Back when they first announced the Fighting and Ghost Leaders, like months ago, they said they were exclusive. I don't even care for Youtubers, I just follow what Serebii's News page posts. And they don't do anything but official news as they nearly lost their site back in gen 5 when they nearly got sued by Nintendo for posting leaks. Don't even need to dip into non official sources for this stuff, they were pretty upfront of it when they showed the exclusive GLs. So trying to claim they need to say this stuff is silly when they DO say this stuff. Even the two version exclusive Galar forms were shown in their preview trailers as being exclusive. Including emoji of the game in the trailer title.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Yeah but I bet Sirfetchd and Galar Ponyta arent the only Pokemons exclusive to their versions. It would be fun if that kind of info was leaked more early. They DO say it but I find it not early enough. But I guess Im complaining over a old news, we should just move on.

Thanks for the advice of following Serebii more closely... I'll do that from now on.

I guess if it was a few month ago, it might had being when my life was so chaotic. I wont go in details but yeah, I guess it,s my fault for not having keep track on Serebi as much as I could have LOL

23. - Top - End - #863

Yeah but I bet Sirfetchd and Galar Ponyta arent the only Pokemons exclusive to their versions. It would be fun if that kind of info was leaked more early. They DO say it but I find it not early enough. But I guess Im complaining over a old news, we should just move on.

Thanks for the advice of following Serebii more closely... I'll do that from now on.

I guess if it was a few month ago, it might had being when my life was so chaotic. I wont go in details but yeah, I guess it,s my fault for not having keep track on Serebi as much as I could have LOL
    We know that the cool steel dragon guy is only in Shield and Tyranitar is only in Sword (or vice versa, can't recall). As of right now I believe that's all we know for Pokemon exclusivity.

24. - Top - End - #864

NecromancerGirl

The really big leaks are likely going to start at the end of the month, when the pre download goes up. Those get data mined super fast, and everything gets posted. Its also when Showdown updates to have the new stuff, as they will have the actual stats to code their battle simulator with.
    As I recall, a google document starts making the rounds with all the mons, stats, and abilities. So keep an eye open for that at any other pokemon site you visit. Doesnt have pictures usually, only numbers, as its often more for competitive players to start theory crafting about how good a pokemon will be. But for this gen its likely to have a list of every pokemon in the game, so a bit more worth then past documents of its type.
    So yeah, two weeks out from release the games often get data mined. Keep an eye out at the turn of the month for that news. Only issue is serebii wont likely post about it. As i dont know any good poketubers, all i can say is Shofu shows up in my reccomendeds posting news, but hes more of a competitive guy so might not be worth if you just want to know how fun single player is. But how fun single player is is completely subjective, no one can tell you that. I know some people who had a lot of fun with Lets Go story mode while hating gen 6 and 7s story mode. So you do you man.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    Most gens have an "unofficial" ladder where everything thats in the game files is allowed. Gen 5 had Dreamworld where all Hidden Abilities were released, 6 and 7 had Bank where everything was allowed before that gen's PokeBank updated
    Yeah, but Sword and Shield seem like they won't have the old stuff in the game files, so it'd be more like a "Gen 3, but as though you could transfer up hold items and movepools from Gen 1 and 2".
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2019-10-19 at 12:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #866

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Yeah, but Sword and Shield seem like they won't have the old stuff in the game files, so it'd be more like a "Gen 3, but as though you could transfer up hold items and movepools from Gen 1 and 2".
    They were referring to Pokemon Showdown, the Online Battle Simulator. Which has actually confirmed they will be running two main meta games for Gen 8. One for whats in the game, and thus relevant to people who use the site to test teams before breeding them in game, and one which will have every Pokémon in existence, and thus for people who want to battle but don't like the No Transfer thing, or just want to see how the new stuff stacks up to Pokémon that didn't make it into Generation 8.

Meanwhile in the Leaks and Rumours places, some people have started claiming roughly 6-8 starter lines, and 20 legendary Pokémon will be returning. That's all rumours, and its quite possibly false, but I know in some places the big question was how many Legends would return, mostly worried about a particular Fertility Spirit from New York making its return. I also know a lot of people don't want the Legendary Birds to come back, but overall, they are the Legends with the least lore and easiest to just toss them into ANY region, while a lot of others are far more directly tied to their debut region. Its super hard to justify the Lake Trio being not in their lakes, or the Tapus not in Alola. But in terms of catching Legends, I would be Super into them being super rare Raids, which I feel is the perfect mechanic for catching a super being like a Legend.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    We know that the cool steel dragon guy is only in Shield and Tyranitar is only in Sword (or vice versa, can't recall). As of right now I believe that's all we know for Pokemon exclusivity.
    Actually we know quite a few. Here is a list.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

28. - Top - End - #868
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I wonder if there's any optimization mechanics in Pokemon?

29. - Top - End - #869

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I wonder if there's any optimization mechanics in Pokemon?
    I would really like to know what you mean by optimization mechanics? That can mean several things, and I want to see if I can give you a good answer.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I would really like to know what you mean by optimization mechanics? That can mean several things, and I want to see if I can give you a good answer.
    Training. Levelling up stats. That sort of thing.