New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

Might as well share my Trainer code for Go as well since these gifts are doing nothing but taking up space in my inventory
    9380 2377 1652

Also, is anyone interested in trading a Zacian for my spare Zamazenta?
    Last edited by Squark; 2020-05-30 at 05:52 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

WOOOOOOOOO, the event going on in the wild area today means that I now have one of every currently released gigantimax pokemon, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

AND they've released hidden ability Galarian starters, so I have those now, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

AND the only pokemon I need to finish my 'dex is shield dog! A couple of small bright spots in the sea of terribleness that has been the past couple of days/weeks/months (you pick).

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Bashhammer View Post
    WOOOOOOOOO, the event going on in the wild area today means that I now have one of every currently released gigantimax pokemon, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

AND they've released hidden ability Galarian starters, so I have those now, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

AND the only pokemon I need to finish my 'dex is shield dog! A couple of small bright spots in the sea of terribleness that has been the past couple of days/weeks/months (you pick).
    Are you looking for a permanent trade, or just a touch trade? Because I've got a spare Zamazenta from a second run through the game I'm looking to trade for a Zacian to complete my pokedex. If you just want to do a touch trade (where we return each other's pokemon after registering them), that works too, but I'd appreciate the time to register Zacian in home as well if that's okay.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Are you looking for a permanent trade, or just a touch trade? Because I've got a spare Zamazenta from a second run through the game I'm looking to trade for a Zacian to complete my pokedex. If you just want to do a touch trade (where we return each other's pokemon after registering them), that works too, but I'd appreciate the time to register Zacian in home as well if that's okay.
    Sure, I can do a touch trade or whatever. I just don't know how to do that with people who aren't nearby.

OH MY KORD I JUST NOTICED THAT YOU ASKED FOR THAT IN YOUR LAST POST, *lots of cussing* I'M SO DUMB.
    Last edited by Bashhammer; 2020-06-02 at 09:18 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Bashhammer View Post
    Sure, I can do a touch trade or whatever. I just don't know how to do that with people who aren't nearby.

OH MY KORD I JUST NOTICED THAT YOU ASKED FOR THAT IN YOUR LAST POST, *lots of cussing* I'M SO DUMB.
    You need to be close if you don't have nintendo switch online, but with the online subscription you can just communicate link codes to ensure you get matched up. Sorry I didn't respond sooner; I somehow managed to mark this thread as read without actually reading it, so I didn't notice you'd responded.

EDIT: Managed to swap my spare Zamazenta for a Zacian overnight, so I no longer need to trade, but if you still need to register Zamazenta, I'm happy to help if possible.
    Last edited by Squark; 2020-06-16 at 10:41 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Colossus in the Playground

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I am beyond hyped for this. Such a nice surprise.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

So, Isle of Armor is out. Here's a spoiler free overview for the curious.

The expansion contains
    - A new wild area with over 100 returning pokemon [Note: Transfering in pokemon from other regions does not count for the new pokedex]
    -One new Galarian Form family, although the final member of the branching evolution won't join us until the next DLC
    -One new 2-stage Legendary Family
    -A short, 2-3 hour storyline
    -A move tutor who teaches a new move of each type in exchange for a resource found on the island
    -The ability to make Apricorn balls (Through as yet not commonly known recipes- This is going to be more complicated than just giving one to Kurt) as well as a bunch of other things through a contraption unlocked partway through.
    -A fairly long diglet hunt sidequest that rewards you with alolan form pokemon (among others)
    -The ability to change whether or not a pokemon can Gigantimax
    -New fashions are unlocked at the boutiques once you enter the area.
    -A couple of miscellaneous things like the digging brothers' parents

The area seems nice, but if you came in expecting a long plot or a whole bunch of new pokemon or regional formes, you may be disappointed. Also, people without the DLC can get the new pokemon and items through trades, as well as bring the newly returned pokemon into Sword and Shield via home.

Also, Zeraora is appearing in raidbattles for a little bit, and while it can't be caught there, if at least one million trainers defeat it during the next 10-11 days, everyone who defeated it gets a Shiny Zeraora through pokemon home's mobile app.
    Last edited by Squark; 2020-06-17 at 05:08 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Returning Pokemon not counting towards the pokedex may be a bug, I've read that if you deposit them at a Nursery and then withdraw them they will count.

And if you don't mind being besieged by constant hyper-aggressive Sharpedo attacks, you can hang out in the overworld next to a full-scale Wailord.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

10. - Top - End - #1390

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Hey, if anyone cares, the community beat the one million Zeraora raids thing, so now on June 30th (until July 3rd) everyone with Pokemon HOME will get a shiny Zeraora. You do need to have the phone half of the Home app, though, and have moved Pokemon between Home and another game since the DLC went live. If you wanted Zeraora and didn't get the serial code one last year, this is currently the only way.

So that'll be neat.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Hey, if anyone cares, the community beat the one million Zeraora raids thing, so now on June 30th (until July 3rd) everyone with Pokemon HOME will get a shiny Zeraora. You do need to have the phone half of the Home app, though, and have moved Pokemon between Home and another game since the DLC went live. If you wanted Zeraora and didn't get the serial code one last year, this is currently the only way.

So that'll be neat.
    Nah, not encouraging Nintendo laziness in the Pokemon games they made. There is some awesome new Pokemon but not enough fun factor to make me buy and play their games anymore.

I might be willing to play the new Pokemon Snap game though, if its free world exploring and if it could randominized encounters, it would be even better!

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll take the shiny.

Haven't finished the Isle of Armor, but enjoying what I've seen of it.

- Big Improvement on the Wild Area concept. Looks a lot better too (still could look better, though).
    - The story is short but charming. I'm pleased with it.
    - Galarian Slowbro looks cool as hell and I'm looking forward to seeing what Galarian Slowking looks like.
    - Restrictive Training is basically "Be a Gym Leader" mode, so that's cool.
    - Your lead pokemon will follow you around on the island, which I don't particularly care about but will make a lot of folks happy.
    - Apricorns are back (and although they don't guarantee Apriballs in the Cram-o-matic, it's still an improvement compared to not having them at all.
    - There's an island near the dojo that has a den that only spits out ditto, so farming ditto for competitive breeding is easy (and with my copy of Shield being in Spanish, I can farm competitive Masuda-breeding ditto.
    - I think i've gotten $15 worth of fun out of it, at least, and DLC is a vast improvement to me over doing 3rd versions.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

13. - Top - End - #1393

They announced a Pokemon MOBA and everyone I see reacting to it has the biggest piece of sand right up their ass about it.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

They announced a Pokemon MOBA and everyone I see reacting to it has the biggest piece of sand right up their ass about it.
    Considering how lazy Nintendo has become with its Pokemon franchise, I cant blame them.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah. I'm not gonna say I'm awed by it, but seeing a lot of the same people that complain that Pokemon never changes complain that it isn't a Sinnoh remake makes me baffled.

I think I'll give it a miss, but I don't get the overwhelming negative reaction. It's mostly meh to me.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Titan in the Playground

A pokemon....MOBA....

Yeah, I'm not playing it either. good thing I didn't hype myself up. I'm mystified how they think its a good idea, but whatever. not feeling they're on my wavelength, feels like they're too late for the MOBA trend, but whatever I got my own sources of pokemon stuff now.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

17. - Top - End - #1397

Hey all!

I'm trying to complete my Isle of Armor dex - and it's a little hard to find trading partners whilst stuck at home. Anyone with Sword who can supply a Clauncher and Pinsir? I can of course supply a Skrelp and Heracross, or (most) anything else desired.

I can post my friend code if so. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Absol197; 2020-06-26 at 11:30 AM.
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    Hey all!

I'm trying to complete my Isle of Armor dex - and it's a little hard to find trading partners whilst stuck at home. Anyone with Sword who can supply a Clauncher and Pinsir? I can of course supply a Skrelp and Heracross, or (most) anything else desired.

I can post my friend code if so. Thanks in advance!
    More than happy to trade. I've got a level 1 clauncher and pinsir waiting to go to their new home. Friend code is SW-3589-3666-3584. PM me and we can set up the link trades.

Or, if you don't have nintendo switch online, we can use the pokemon home mobile app.
    Last edited by Squark; 2020-06-26 at 07:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1399

More than happy to trade. I've got a level 1 clauncher and pinsir waiting to go to their new home. Friend code is SW-3589-3666-3584. PM me and we can set up the link trades.

Or, if you don't have nintendo switch online, we can use the pokemon home mobile app.
    I very much appreciate the offer! Another Playgrounder, the wonderful Fredaintdead, already traded me the exclusives. However, if you still need a Heracross and Skrelp, I can trade them just to help with 'Dex completion!

One thing I still do need is a Liepard or Purrloin with Prankster for my Dark-type team in building. Den-hunting them is a nightmare (5-star, rare beam only), so if you (or anyone) has a Prankster kitty, I have a spare shiny Zorua from my recent hunt I could trade for it!

EDIT: Speaking of, any high-experience competitive doubles players in the house? I'm just getting started and could use some tips for getting the most out of my (admittedly sub-optimal) team build...
    Last edited by Absol197; 2020-06-27 at 12:42 PM.
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    I very much appreciate the offer! Another Playgrounder, the wonderful Fredaintdead, already traded me the exclusives. However, if you still need a Heracross and Skrelp, I can trade them just to help with 'Dex completion!

One thing I still do need is a Liepard or Purrloin with Prankster for my Dark-type team in building. Den-hunting them is a nightmare (5-star, rare beam only), so if you (or anyone) has a Prankster kitty, I have a spare shiny Zorua from my recent hunt I could trade for it!

EDIT: Speaking of, any high-experience competitive doubles players in the house? I'm just getting started and could use some tips for getting the most out of my (admittedly sub-optimal) team build...
    General advice;

-Protect and Fake Out are much more valuable in doubles forntheir ability to generate "free turns" during which partner pokemon can set up/avoid getting dogpiled. Follow Me also sees use for similar reasons.
    -Spread moves are good. If you can get a pair that won't hurt each other with their spread moves (Thundurus w/ Discharge + Earthquake Garchomp is a classic example), so much the better.
    -Urshifu and Dracovish have made water absorb/storm drain very prevalent. Consider having such a pokemon on your team to counter those pokemon, and be careful not to give your opponent an eash switch in.
    -Synergy/teamwork is much more important in doubles
    -Gigantimax pokemon are leas prone to runaway sweeps in doubles, but there are a few culprits who may be more dangerous since they buff their partner (Gale Wings Talonflame has found a new lease on life thanks to priority max airstream)

21. - Top - End - #1401

General advice;

-Protect and Fake Out are much more valuable in doubles forntheir ability to generate "free turns" during which partner pokemon can set up/avoid getting dogpiled. Follow Me also sees use for similar reasons.
    -Spread moves are good. If you can get a pair that won't hurt each other with their spread moves (Thundurus w/ Discharge + Earthquake Garchomp is a classic example), so much the better.
    -Urshifu and Dracovish have made water absorb/storm drain very prevalent. Consider having such a pokemon on your team to counter those pokemon, and be careful not to give your opponent an eash switch in.
    -Synergy/teamwork is much more important in doubles
    -Gigantimax pokemon are leas prone to runaway sweeps in doubles, but there are a few culprits who may be more dangerous since they buff their partner (Gale Wings Talonflame has found a new lease on life thanks to priority max airstream)
    Good advice; most of it is stuff I already knew, but good to remember nonetheless :) .

I'm specifically building a Dark mono-type team right now, so my options are fairly limited. But any help optimizing my movesets, items, and Nature/EV spreads would be appreciated. I can post it here or we can adjourn to PMs, if you're willing to help. But that's a big ask, so don't feel obligated :) .

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

And with the shiny zeraora, my living pokedex is once again complete! Which also means I finally got the pokeball color magaerna.

I think my next project will be beating type restricted sparring with all 18 types. I used ice to try it out, and did pretty well. I'll probably post more after I try a few different strategies.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Does a Pokemon with the Simple ability get a double boost to its Psychic moves from Psychic Terrain?

I cant find the answer anywhere...
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2020-07-05 at 04:54 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

It shouldn't; Simple doubles stat boosts, and Psychic Terrain doesn't boost stats, only damage (and immunity to priority moves)
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ogre in the Playground

Help, every time the GO Rocket balloon appears I get the Team Rocket theme song stuck in my head!

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

As part of my attempts to beat all 18 types of type-restricted sparring, I've been doing a lot of pokemon breeding, and I've gotten some extras of "completed" projects if anyone's interested.

Spoiler
    Show

3x Quiet Galarian Slowpokes with Regenerator and 31/31/31/31/31/31 IVs
    1x Timid Cottonee with Prankster, 31/x/31/31/31/31 IVs, and Memento, Tickle, and switcheroo as egg moves
    1x Calm Togepi with Serene Grace, 31/x/31/31/31/31 IVs, and Morning Sun, Psycho Shift, Extrasensory, and Peck as egg moves
    12x Jolly Magikarp with Rattled and 31/31/31/x/31/31 IVs, plus a number of swift swim magikarp with the same IVs and nature

If anyone wants one, they're free to a good home in Sword/Shield or pokemon home. Just shoot me a pm

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Titan in the Playground

So while round at my sister's my nephew was sort of watching a couple of random episodes of Sun& Moon. (He's starting school in September, and he has an odd tendancy to just stop watching something hlafway through and then switch over to another program on Netflix, watch a bit of that, then change again. I have never encountered a child like that before.)

Essh. It... Looked and felt so wrong to see Ash, at, like a school and not on a journey. Now, random filler episodes are always a bit blah, but the two that were on seemed particularly-filler-y by Pokémon standards. And, granted I was only half-listening, but it sounded almost like Meowth was... Not talking in Japenglish? "Meowth, Meowth?" I must have misheard or something surely.

Doesn't help I LOATHE Ash's design, coming after XY, where it was so good, it feels like such a massive step backwards.

I've been sort of avoiding it on netflix (at the very EAST until they'd got all the seasons up, which I think they have now), but I fear this might have to be downgraded to Cleaning the Room Telly and there's a danger it might even be a Can Bleakbane Stand More than Two Epsiodes Theatre.

Some of you lot must have seen it - tell me it's not as bad as my first impression? (Even B/W wasn't QUITE as bad as I first thought.)

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    So while round at my sister's my nephew was sort of watching a couple of random episodes of Sun& Moon. (He's starting school in September, and he has an odd tendancy to just stop watching something hlafway through and then switch over to another program on Netflix, watch a bit of that, then change again. I have never encountered a child like that before.)

Essh. It... Looked and felt so wrong to see Ash, at, like a school and not on a journey. Now, random filler episodes are always a bit blah, but the two that were on seemed particularly-filler-y by Pokémon standards. And, granted I was only half-listening, but it sounded almost like Meowth was... Not talking in Japenglish? "Meowth, Meowth?" I must have misheard or something surely.

Doesn't help I LOATHE Ash's design, coming after XY, where it was so good, it feels like such a massive step backwards.

I've been sort of avoiding it on netflix (at the very EAST until they'd got all the seasons up, which I think they have now), but I fear this might have to be downgraded to Cleaning the Room Telly and there's a danger it might even be a Can Bleakbane Stand More than Two Epsiodes Theatre.

Some of you lot must have seen it - tell me it's not as bad as my first impression? (Even B/W wasn't QUITE as bad as I first thought.)
    I haven't watched it myself, but mostly... I've heard people complaining about the art style shift (mostly back when it was new) but never about the writing or animation quality. I heard good things about both of those, but it's been quite a while since people were talking about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #1409

Everything I've heard about Sun and Moon's anime is that the new animation has such a life to it that it's like night and day. It went from generic shlock that constantly reused animations to unique, fun, goofy animation that fits the sort of tone Pokemon typically has. Writing wise, it also stands out as actually being pretty interestingly written, with good characterization and fun action and comedy. It also features Ash learning about the abuse Lusamine put on Lillie and just... not even bothering with a pokemon fight he just straight up decks a person and runs past them because this is important ****.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

Everything I've heard about Sun and Moon's anime is that the new animation has such a life to it that it's like night and day. It went from generic shlock that constantly reused animations
    They'd stopped that by XY, though; explictly clips of that were what made me go back and watch all the intervening series since they changed the voice cast I'd missed. I saw some clips on Youtube one day and me and my niece were both "the frell did Pokémon get that cool!" Very noticably, all the action was taking place in actual environments, and not the stock footage attacks. They had honest-to-goodess paralax in the first gym battle, for frack's sake. Heck, XY made Team Rocket's WOBBUFFET look cool.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    to unique, fun, goofy animation that fits the sort of tone Pokemon typically has.
    I mean, it was on in the background and I was only sort of half-watching, but I honestly haven't seen yet why people rave about the animation. Maybe because the one-and-part of the episode I saw didn't actually have a Pokémon battle it in, to be fair? Maybe I'm just so completely put-off by Ash's design that looks so completely wrong to me? (Honestly, until I actually saw a trailer for the dub and heard him speak, I couldn't even convince my brain that WAS Ash.)

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    Writing wise, it also stands out as actually being pretty interestingly written, with good characterization and fun action and comedy. It also features Ash learning about the abuse Lusamine put on Lillie and just... not even bothering with a pokemon fight he just straight up decks a person and runs past them because this is important ****.
    That IS encouraging, since it show Ash Motherfracking Ketchum is still around...

Are the serious parts then tending more towards Diamond/Pearl (or at leasy XY) level? Those two have been the best and second-best in that regard (despite DP's weaker animation, the plot and stuff - and The Rival - were phenominal. XY's only downfall was the quartet were a little bit TOO harmonious, and the League was one of the worst, being SO poorly telegraphed what was going to happen. But it SURE AS SOULS stuck the landing with crisis that immediately followed.)

I'll admit, the dub trailer which seemed to show glmpses of the metaplot is what has encouraged me to look at the series at all at some nebulous point, but a) I wasn't going to until it was basically all up on Netflix (sure as frack wasn't going to get the DVDs...) and b) that Ash design, though. I know I'm harping on about this but, just... I REE-HEAAAAAAALLLLYYYY don't like it at all.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-07-13 at 08:01 AM.