New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Fable Wright View Post
    Roost is no worse than Recover, but this *is* why people specifically lay out spreads to make sure you can two-hit KO certain threats. Because a 3 or 4 hit KO can simply be Recovered off.
    Ok but still Roost is annoying to me. Anyway which Pokemon is more powerful: Mew or Arceus?

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Arceus hands down; while Mew might have more variety in its movepool, Arceus has better stats and can change typing to better suit its build, if it chooses to stay Normal type it still has incredible power and can then have a variety of items.

Even lore wise Arceus is shown to be far beyond Mew's power
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    Arceus hands down; while Mew might have more variety in its movepool, Arceus has better stats and can change typing to better suit its build, if it chooses to stay Normal type it still has incredible power and can then have a variety of items.

Even lore wise Arceus is shown to be far beyond Mew's power
    Ok. Thank you. Anyway I play Pokemon Let's Go Overused format for a while and there are a lot of serious players that kick my butt and a few who doesn't take the gamd seriously.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Good games all around. In a twist Piggy Knowles and boj0, who both came in second in their pool, move on to the finals, while Karnitis and tgva can challenge each other for third place.
    I didn't give a time limit or send PM's this time, but how are the finals going?
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Oh was there supposed to be a match for 3rd place? I honestly thought I was done after losing.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm thinking of Playing of Pokemon Generation 7 Overused Format more often.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Because I recently got my pokemon itch kickstarted with the new Sword and Shield starters being made public, I figured I'd give this place a poke. Specifically to ask, besides the Battle Tree, which has existed in some form since Crystal, what do you hope the new games will bring with them from old games?

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    Because I recently got my pokemon itch kickstarted with the new Sword and Shield starters being made public, I figured I'd give this place a poke. Specifically to ask, besides the Battle Tree, which has existed in some form since Crystal, what do you hope the new games will bring with them from old games?
    Some new regional forms would be good even though I know we won't be getting them. Wouldn't mind crafting pokeballs again. Cycling road? That'd be cool.
    Last edited by Razade; 2019-05-27 at 08:20 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    Bring back the Gym Leaders!

Forget the Pokemon Let's Go catching system to return to what was before!

Never speak of the Battle Beast again!

More Mega Evolution! I want a Mega Driftblim!

I love the Battle Factory, letting you rent random Pokemon and make you battle with them. That could be interesting to bring back!

Im all for the Pokemon Battle Tree, makes something to do once you beated the game. But personnaly, I would love if we could battle the Gym Leaders again with stronger team, like in Gen 6 if I remember correctly.

Heck, it would be fun to OWN a gym once you beated the game! Getting random challengers, having to build your own Monotype team!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Some new regional forms would be good even though I know we won't be getting them. Wouldn't mind crafting pokeballs again. Cycling road? That'd be cool.
    Has that been confirmed? Disappointing. I was hoping to see more variants of the thousand Pokemon we have and fewer new Pokemon going forward. The alolan Pokemon showed how much they can push classic designs, so do we need a 10th Pidgey clone or tiny useless electric mouse, when we could just have alt forms of the originals?
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Given that they were called Alolan Forms in official media, I doubt we'll see more of them in this game set in the Galor region. There's always the possibility, but I suspect they will abandon that idea in favor of a new one as they are wont to do.

I still stand by the fact that I want to actually have to defend my Pokemon League Champion title from others. Have the 4th League member call me on the phone and be like "Hey, I know you're busy saving the world/filling your Pokedex/doing nothing, but someone beat the 4 of us and we need you to come defend your Champion title" and then fly down there to kick some nobody's butt. Or somebody, I'm also kind of okay with how Sun/Moon did it.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

12. - Top - End - #162
    Banned

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Given that they were called Alolan Forms in official media, I doubt we'll see more of them in this game set in the Galor region. There's always the possibility, but I suspect they will abandon that idea in favor of a new one as they are wont to do.

I still stand by the fact that I want to actually have to defend my Pokemon League Champion title from others. Have the 4th League member call me on the phone and be like "Hey, I know you're busy saving the world/filling your Pokedex/doing nothing, but someone beat the 4 of us and we need you to come defend your Champion title" and then fly down there to kick some nobody's butt. Or somebody, I'm also kind of okay with how Sun/Moon did it.
    It would be nice to have to fight the challenger without having to fight the E4 every time once you are champion. I know it's just part of the XP grind, but I'd also like to see something nice, say like the 1st time of the week, you fight a challenger and get a bottle cap, silver or gold. There isn't much point by the time you hit the XP grind stages to prevent you from having them, honestly.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

My Mono Ground Team play a decent battle and I won.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/g...goou-918112170

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Has that been confirmed? Disappointing. I was hoping to see more variants of the thousand Pokemon we have and fewer new Pokemon going forward. The alolan Pokemon showed how much they can push classic designs, so do we need a 10th Pidgey clone or tiny useless electric mouse, when we could just have alt forms of the originals?
    Nothing has been confirmed for Sword and Shield except the name of the region, Gym leaders are returning and the starters. We know literally nothing else for certain about the game. But going off how they handle the extra elements of previous games, I see no real reason to think Galar Forms are coming. Will I be happy if they do? Yes. Hell. Yes. But I am not at all expecting it. They'll have some new gimmick and that'll be fine.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

That said, there is a Press Conference coming up in about fifteen minutes that is assumed to contain details on the new titles. I even wrote up a bingo card for myself and predictions on it this time around.

Edit: Nevermind. There are two conferences, the one today is Pokemon in General, and then on the fifth they will do a separate conference on Sword and Shield. Eh, I'll keep my bingo card until then.

Spoiler: My personal bingo card
    Show
    Code:
    Name of Pokemon		New battle		Ride Pokemon		Sports-themed		Name of Team
    Professor revealed	style gimmick		analogue		side game		Evil Reveal

Base Stats/Effort	Motion Controls		Region has		Re-fight		Regional bird
    System Confirmed				8 gyms			Trainers		& rat reveal

Cover legendaries	Rival Trainer					Pokemon Bank		Mega Evolutions
    announced		Reveal			Free spot		Compatibility		

Camera does NOT		Import from		More Ultra		Z-Moves			Separate Side
    free-roam		Let's Go		Beasts						Title, nobody cares

Battle Tower/mansion	No PokePelago		Share with Twitter/	Regional		Alolan Variants
    thingy			(sad me)		Facebook/etc		Variants		are obtainable

Summary of today's conference:
    Spoiler
    Show
    New Pokemon Center store opening up in Shibuya, gonna look strikingly modern and try to be technologically fancy. New partnerships with China, will be bringing a modified version of Pokemon Quest to Chinese markets that somehow has PvP. Pokemon movie did well and the guy behind it is getting an official promotion, there will be a Detective Pikachu sequel on the Switch. A Pokemon Home service will connect your Smartphone and all systems to Pokemon Bank and will let you interact/trade with pokemon across Pokemon Go, Pokemon Let's Go, Pokemon Sword and Shield, etc, they're aiming for "a place where pokemon of all kinds can gather" type of thing. A new Pokemon Go accessory, the "Pokemon Go Plus +," is in the works that works like a Pokemon Go Plus/PokeBall Plus, that will somehow work with a new thing called Pokemon Sleep that will let you turn the time you spend sleeping into time spent with pokemon (yes this is kind of silly but that's what they said and yes I think that's silly no it is not April 1st. As a friend pointed out to me, Pokemon Go will now know where you're at and when you're asleep ). Pokemon Go will have a Snorlax event of some sort. New Mobile game announcement, Pokemon Masters (working with the people behind Magikarp Splash), not much said but it's about all the Gym Leaders/Champions/Elite 4s and looked like a simplified Triple Battle was going on.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2019-05-28 at 09:11 PM. Reason: ... Sun and moon is not sword and shield.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Banned

BlueKnightGuy

Quite literally, snore.

Pokemon making an app to manage your pokemom across games has finally allowed them to join in where they should have been like 5+ years ago. It's only noteworthy it has taken so long to achieve.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NatureKing View Post
    Quite literally, snore.

Pokemon making an app to manage your pokemom across games has finally allowed them to join in where they should have been like 5+ years ago. It's only noteworthy it has taken so long to achieve.
    But isn't it nice they finally got here? I don't really care how long it took. A positive step is a good step.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Banned

BlueKnightGuy

No doubt its a positive step. It still should have been done sometime in the last 5 years, and everything else is snore worthy. Very literally as its about gaining (paying money to do so?) XP while you sleep.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I switched teams: My Dragons/Legendary Birds team play a serious battle and won.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/g...goou-918733650

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

I finally did it. After over a year, I have managed to breed a 5 or 6IV specimen of every last fully evolved, breedable Pokemon. All of them.

On a related note, would anyone happen to want a 5IV Adamant HA Extreme Speed Dratini? I have a few spares.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I finally did it. After over a year, I have managed to breed a 5 or 6IV specimen of every last fully evolved, breedable Pokemon. All of them.

On a related note, would anyone happen to want a 5IV Adamant HA Extreme Speed Dratini? I have a few spares.
    Thast why I dont dont that. Takes too much time and effort.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NatureKing View Post
    No doubt its a positive step. It still should have been done sometime in the last 5 years, and everything else is snore worthy. Very literally as its about gaining (paying money to do so?) XP while you sleep.
    Oh absolutely. Nintendo and their satellites are slow to progress and slower to admitting they're slow to progress.

I'm honestly sorta excited for Masters. Fate/Stay GO doesn't really do it for me but a Pokemon version might actually hit the right buttons for me to play.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Bring back the Gym Leaders!

Forget the Pokemon Let's Go catching system to return to what was before!

Never speak of the Battle Beast again!

More Mega Evolution! I want a Mega Driftblim!

I love the Battle Factory, letting you rent random Pokemon and make you battle with them. That could be interesting to bring back!

Im all for the Pokemon Battle Tree, makes something to do once you beated the game. But personnaly, I would love if we could battle the Gym Leaders again with stronger team, like in Gen 6 if I remember correctly.

Heck, it would be fun to OWN a gym once you beated the game! Getting random challengers, having to build your own Monotype team!
    From what I gather, the Let's Go system will be kept to it's own series, so I'm not worried about it making a reappearance in Sword and Shield.

And I kind of want all the Emerald Battle locations to return. Except maybe the Pike and Palace. I also want the World Tournament. The matches were fun, and even if you lost, it was no big deal because the tournament is always only three matches long anyway.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Is Mewtwo allowed In Pokemon Let's Go Overused Format? :allowed:

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    Ah who needs Mewtwo anyway? He's too good for Overused.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Pokemon: Breath of the Wild looks great :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osoPtXbAUUc

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaiju battles seem...meh?
    New Pokemon look neat, especially the Black Knight bird

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

*only checks to see what the legendaries look like*

Spoiler: legendary appearances
    Show
    *likes sword girl wolf better than shield beard wolf*

all I needed to know. Pokemon Sword, pre-ordered.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

I being looping that video in loop for way longer that I wanna admit...

Im excited like a little kid! Like the Kaiju Battle mode, neat looking new Pokemon, AN OPEN WORLD!

I just need to buy a Nintendo Switch now sigh... And I might not even have the room for it in my next small appartement. Might have to wait to play the game until 1 or 2 years